ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2019 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Thursday, September 12, 2019

The fall of the neoliberal order

The demoralization of Europe is complete with a declaration by the President of France concerning the end of Western hegemony.
The international order is being shaken in an unprecedented manner, above all with, if I may say so, by the great upheaval that is undoubtedly taking place for the first time in our history, in almost every field and with a profoundly historic magnitude. The first thing we observe is a major transformation, a geopolitical and strategic re-composition. We are undoubtedly experiencing the end of Western hegemony over the world.

We were accustomed to an international order which, since the 18th century, rested on a Western hegemony, mostly French in the 18th century, by the inspiration of the Enlightenment; then mostly British in the 19th century thanks to the Industrial Revolution and, finally, mostly American in the 20th century thanks to the two great conflicts and the economic and political domination of this power. Things change. And they are now deeply shaken by the mistakes of Westerners in certain crises, by the choices that have been made by Americans for several years which did not start with this administration, but which lead to revisiting certain implications in conflicts in the Middle East and elsewhere, and to rethinking a deep, diplomatic and military strategy, and sometimes elements of solidarity that we thought were intangible for eternity, even if we had constituted together in geopolitical moments that have changed.

And then there is the emergence of new powers whose impact we have probably underestimated for a long time. China is at the forefront, but also the Russian strategy, which has, it must be said, been pursued more successfully in recent years. I will come back to that. India that is emerging, these new economies that are also becoming powers not only economic but political and that think themselves, as some have written, as real “civilizational states” which now come not only to shake up our international order but who also come to weigh in on the economic order and to rethink the political order and the political imagination that goes with it, with much dynamism and much more inspiration than we have.

Look at India, Russia and China. They have a much stronger political inspiration than Europeans today. They think about our planet with a true logic, a true philosophy, an imagination that we’ve lost a little bit.
This is the result of the so-called Enlightenment gradually eroding the foundations of civilization. Western civilization ebbs and flows with Christianity because Christianity is the spiritual and intellectual barrier that separates truth from untruth. It should be no surprise that a post-Christian West has not only divorced itself from truth and reality, but in doing so, has lost its historical power and influence.

Labels: ,

56 Comments:

Blogger Amy September 12, 2019 8:59 AM  

India, Russia, China, all with stronger political inspiration...

Umm, Maricon, could it possibly be due to a large cohort of their nations being genetically and culturally unified? You know, like, nationalists, or something?

People love to swan about Japan being so awesome and orderly and polite...because, we’ll, they’re all the shared product of Japanese genetics and culture.

Still so simple, they can’t grasp it. Or won’t. My bet is on “won’t” by reason of them being evil.

Blogger Brett baker September 12, 2019 9:10 AM  

How well will India do when we stop H1Bs and outsourcing?

Blogger Stilicho September 12, 2019 9:12 AM  

China and india are also based on belief systems divorced from truth in many ways. The Russians are far from perfect, but I would expect them do perform comparatively better in the coming decades.

Blogger [Redacted] September 12, 2019 9:28 AM  

Macron married an old woman and sounds like one. I couldn't help but read his words and sense a tone of feminine concern and panic, especially with respect to the international order being "shaken".

Blogger rumpole5 September 12, 2019 9:31 AM  

@Amy - "could it possibly be due to a large cohort of their nations being genetically and culturally unified?" -- No, because the USA (the present hegemonic power)has never been genetically and culturally unified. If we had been, then Andrew Jackson and then Abraham Lincoln would not have had to put down sessionists by threat and then force. What the USA's power is founded upon is somewhat of a puzzle. The sudden appearance of Trump on the political scene makes me ponder if it is not just the pure grace of a generous God.

Blogger Jab Burrwalky September 12, 2019 9:32 AM  

China is based on a very low form of truth: pragmatic, material truth. They don't have allegiance to high-minded philosophical or theological truth, but they do follow on the principle of "what works, works." So they'll probably do ok. India already has the seeds of leftist social movements (anti-light skin) that will stifle it as soon as it gains any real power. The west is dying not only because it's abandoned Christ, but because it abandoned true Christian philosophical ideals and replaced them with false philosophical ideals that don't match reality and have to be artificially imposed on reality at an ever-increasing cost in live, resources, morale, and morality. So we don't even have the low truth of pragmatism on our side anymore because pragmatism is racist.

Blogger Trogdor September 12, 2019 9:36 AM  

@Amy

For Russia and China you could make that case... India is about the most un-genetically and culturally unified place imaginable though. It's not even linguistically unified. I've always enjoyed this about India, the whole place is like a crazy quilt of incoherence. Great movies though, bollywood killing it lately.

Blogger urthshu September 12, 2019 9:40 AM  

By your argument, neither has Russia nor China been unified. What they have historically done better is put down any resistance.

Blogger Hieroglyph September 12, 2019 9:46 AM  

Gun to head, I'd state the Macron isn't the duly elected President of France. He was a nobody, foisted upon the population to defeat a nationalist. As a political figure he's nothing, as a personality he's hugely dislikable, and it's been clear for a long time that most of France fucking hates him. This is not a person who could ever legitimately win an election. See also: Crooked.

Macron lost that election, I'm quite certain. Indeed, he didn't just lose it, he wasn't even in contention. Like Crooked, I suspect he got < 30%. Quite serious. These fringe lunatics have a whole media behind them, but real people generally clock them as the deviants they are.

Honk.

Blogger doctrev September 12, 2019 9:46 AM  

"Western" hegemony for decades depended on homogenized mass media, a high-trust society, centralized political/ legal control, vast tax revenues, and financial shenanigans. The success of the tiny elite group that exploited these facts could only exist if all five existed at once.

Now we live in a society with much lower tolerance for the various idiocies enacted in the last decades, decentralized everything, and a President who, whatever his other flaws, has a sense of justice that even extends to Epsteins and Weinsteins. The elites still enjoy some legacy power, but that's thinning out by the day. It'll be interesting to spot where their grip truly breaks in the next two years. I'd bet that America, Italy, and even France will enjoy nationalists in power by then. The UK is having one, but the most concentrated and traditional official pushback in the world is there. So we'll just see, won't we.

Blogger Derrick Bonsell September 12, 2019 9:49 AM  

It's highly unlikely that Macron lost the election and that fraud made the difference. Indeed who needs fraud when the country's entire political and media establishment backs you?

Blogger Dave Dave September 12, 2019 9:54 AM  

India is a bigger mess than Maoist China. Hinduism is a terrible religion which perpetuates the caste system. Their culture is unproductive.
China, as stated above, has an allegiance to the material. They don't give a shit about anything which isn't to their benefit. This is better than an allegiance to evil, but it can never reach the heights of Christian Europe.
Russia's system can work and is currently working. They're materially somewhat poor but spiritually and culturally rich. Direct contrast to Western Europe. There is still hope for Europe because of the language barriers. That creates a far larger obstacle for the NWO globohomo than anything America did. Yes, America is done for in it's current state, but post breakup could emerge Christian nations from the wreckage.

Blogger Dave Dave September 12, 2019 9:57 AM  

Macron won the election. Most Frenchies are arrogant cowards. Le Pen did get significant votes and the Yellow Vests are more politically powerful than the Macronist faction, but they don't have a majority. A majority isn't necessary for political control, but you need it for democratic elections. Next election, Macron is in big trouble.

Blogger Dave Dave September 12, 2019 10:03 AM  

To respect Japan is to acknowledge their homogeneity. I can speak the language conversationally and it took years to get to that level. The language itself is designed to keep out foreigners. French is similar, but they made their big mistake with the African colonies. Black Frenchies do not belong with the real Frenchies.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan September 12, 2019 10:04 AM  

So is Moses David Goldman taking his people to China? When I viewed that pic of Frenchy Twit standing in front of his employer's sign I figured right there that the Rothschilds are buying influence in China and Twitboy is the messenger letting us know the new boss is slightly different than the old boss and human rights are for conservative suckers.

We could ask Taki, he says he pals about with some of the Rothschild registered royals or whatever fancy doodle crest you can by in the Euroland.

Blogger BriarRabbit September 12, 2019 10:05 AM  

"The sudden appearance of Trump on the political scene makes me ponder if it is not just the pure grace of a generous God."

Anything and everything good is by the hand and grace of God. That's all hell is, a place with no God, filled only with stone-cold narcissism.

Christianity: The last and ultimate Red Pill.

Blogger David Ray Milton September 12, 2019 10:10 AM  

National power derives from high social trust and common direction. Genetic commonality is certainly part of it, but we can never unify a nation politically without the trust that derives from looking to a common King, who is Christ.

Blogger tuberman September 12, 2019 10:10 AM  

Macron has many reasons to be sad, and not just the 43 weeks of the Yellow Vests. He attached his star to Globalism, Germany, and Merkel. The German economy is under severe hardship, and Macron had to decide to stay his Globalists Handlers course, there by going down with the German economic ship, or he could bail. Grapevine suggests he bailed. Perhaps not completely, but on critical economic issues.

This is Good News though, as European Nationalism is pushing forward to replace the Globalist EU.

Blogger tuberman September 12, 2019 10:21 AM  

India, Russia, and China all used the Globalists, pretending to be on board, while backstabbing the Globalists and becoming more Nationalist. Nationalism is the source of their pride.

Because of the three's nationalism, it was all over for the NWO long ago, but "these people are stupid."

Blogger pyrrhus September 12, 2019 10:26 AM  

Macron condemns himself and the entire Globohomo order in the West...but doesn't see that....

Blogger linesy September 12, 2019 10:34 AM  

The yellow vests don't want power. They want backs sense of what they were. Too late guys. France sacrificed itself on the altar of poz some time ago and not even Notre Dame burning down could wake them up.

Blogger Max Boivin September 12, 2019 10:37 AM  

Here is my layman opinions:

I think a lot of china's economy is fake, based on the ever increasing debt of Western countries and artificial economic stimulation. Not as strong as it seems.
India's economy is bolstered by the outsourcing. It is hitch to Western economies. Like a trailer, if the vehicle pulling it break down, it won't keep going.
Russia seems to mostly do its own thing and focus on its people and their interests. That won't make them a huge international player but it is a strong solid strategy to not only preserve what you have in the face of international turmoils, but to slowly improve your situation.

Blogger Doktor Jeep September 12, 2019 10:40 AM  

Oh good. No more empire. We can be real nations again.
Notice how little empiring Russia does. Notice how the Slavs have been around a very long time.
Neocons will cry though. But it's not like they don't have a country to go live in.

Blogger freddie_mac September 12, 2019 10:47 AM  

@19 tuberman
India, Russia, and China ... Nationalism is the source of their pride.

Chinese and Russians know what it means to be Chinese or Russian. Indians might be broken down into smaller groups (i.e., Sikhs know what it means to be Sikh), but there's still a certain amount of cultural unity.

For the Western world, we have more difficulty in pinning down what it means to be American, English, French, Dutch, German, etc. As we've discussed before, this difficulty is not only from the loss of our Christian identity but also the loss of national identity.

Blogger pyrrhus September 12, 2019 10:48 AM  

Speaking of which, big win for Trump on asylum...https://www.zerohedge.com/political/supreme-court-overrules-california-judge-grants-asylum-restrictions-southern-border

Blogger Ledford Ledford September 12, 2019 10:50 AM  

I suspect there is a growing number of smart liberals, neo and paleo, who are in their own minds now ex-liberals. Because of their professional position, group of friends and colleagues, family, etc. they're going to continue to mouth whatever pieties are necessary. Meanwhile secretly cheering on Trump, Salvini, etc. Not speaking for myself, of course, but for friends.

I wonder if Macron is such? Probably not, but maybe. I predict we'll be shocked by some of the fence-jumpers in the years to come.

Blogger wahr01 September 12, 2019 10:54 AM  

Macron of all people complaining about a lack of strong values and self-identity in the west is absolutely farcical.

He and his "diversity is our strength" friends have managed negative levels of self-awareness.

Blogger Max September 12, 2019 10:55 AM  

Is this Macron's cuck manifesto? Hiw is he still in power?

Blogger Jab Burrwalky September 12, 2019 11:08 AM  

Indians and Chinese are not as unified in identity as they outwardly seem, though China is more so than most extant countries. There is tension between Han and non-Han Chinese, as there has always been, and China has a rapidly growing population of mixed-race couples and children thank to their one-child policy eliminating two-going-on-three generations of girls. Women are being trafficked in from the Indian sub-continent as mail-order brides.

India is also not terribly unified in identity. Some of their provinces have more autonomy than American states as far as the laws and criminal codes they can enforce, and within India there is strong division between (surprise, surprise) the Muslims and Hindus, not to mention strong genetic and subculture diversity. India was not a unified country until the British made it unified, and if Kashmir turns into a war, then they'll likely be divided again pretty quickly. "India" is a British idea, not an Indian idea.

Blogger The Cooler September 12, 2019 11:18 AM  

No, because the USA (the present hegemonic power)has never been genetically and culturally unified. If we had been, then Andrew Jackson and then Abraham Lincoln would not have had to put down sessionists by threat and then force.

This comment is what happens when spergs lick and fumble with "Nation".

The average Englishman is 25% Scandinavian, genetically. So is the average American. Does that make them Danish?



Anyway, The New West has capitulated. The Old West has not and will not.

Blogger Jack Amok September 12, 2019 11:26 AM  

India is about the most un-genetically and culturally unified place imaginable though.

Perhaps, but the ruling class is very unified. India really is a case of a conquering group ruling a genetically lower-IQ peasant group (or perhaps groups). Dave Dave is right about it being unproductive. I don't know how long its current order will last without the ability to leech off Western wealth-production (said leeching to end in the near future one way or another, either because they're kicked out or because the wealth-production grinds to a halt).

Blogger Crush Limbraw September 12, 2019 11:32 AM  

After reading Vox's summary, my take is simple - Christianity had to be first converged into Churchianity by Old Devil Scratch - and it became The Cult of Nice.
Read somewhere the derivation of the word nice came from the word fool - as in vacuous or nothing.
Mark Twain said it's easier to fool people than convince them they've been fooled.
How true it is!

Blogger swiftfoxmark2 September 12, 2019 11:34 AM  

On the flip side, most of the people in the United States who are breeding with stable families are Christians.

Leftists and those who support the lie tend not to breed. If they do, it's by accident.

Blogger Nick Siekierski September 12, 2019 11:38 AM  

The demoralization of Europe is complete because an unpopular little French globalist said so? Defeatist nonsense. The end of the statement cited is particularly incoherent, comparing individual countries to a continent.

Blogger tuberman September 12, 2019 11:41 AM  

@30 Cooler

"Anyway, The New West has capitulated. The Old West has not and will not."

^^^THIS^^^

Blogger Snidely Whiplash September 12, 2019 11:53 AM  

Doktor Jeep wrote:Notice how little empiring Russia does. Notice how the Slavs have been around a very long time.
Russia is an empire now, and has been for at least 500 years

Blogger peacefulposter September 12, 2019 11:59 AM  

As far as an explicitly pro-Christian, relatively homogeneous nation is concerned, it's hard to beat Russia.

Blogger xevious2030 September 12, 2019 12:15 PM  

“No more empire. We can be real nations again.”

No. China is building soft empire, which then will swell and force out non-Chinese over time. It’s invasion, and then displacement. They’re doing what they are suited to, taking the work of others, and then applying it efficiently. Africa is the new 13 colonies and also the subcontinent, as are parts of the Americas. This is a world of struggle and conflict, it isn’t going to be year zero. A balkanized collection of European ancestry nations is not going to be the end of it, or it would be the end of us as we were devoured. Our history is a rotating cycle of nationalism and empire, that’s our cycle, and it does not end by the switch from one to the other. And China moving it’s nation or empire outside of the current territory is not good news for our Western Civilization nations.

This isn’t about throwing off the rule of small hats, only to be ruled by cone hats (or whatever, the specific hat shape or size is not important). What is emerging is a competition between civilizations, due to one being subverted. The current struggle, the internally Western struggle, is about ending the subversion against us, and then being who we are. Western Civilization.

Blogger Cobrates September 12, 2019 12:19 PM  

The Cooler wrote:The average Englishman is 25% Scandinavian, genetically. So is the average American. Does that make them Danish?

Says who? "Scientists" who are paid to promote globalism? The "nation of immigrants crowd"?

Would you forget and forgive the people who raped, pillaged, and butchered your people en masse, and welcome them into your home like nothing ever happened? Few people have, historically. Usually they killed all the invaders and their offspring once they lost their military advantage.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd September 12, 2019 12:19 PM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:Russia is an empire now, and has been for at least 500 years

That sounds about right to me. They try to rule all the Slavs, and all the buffer states. Ruling the Slavs is barely empire - they are close cousins. Ruling the buffer states is a regrettable necessity for a nation with no natural borders.

Blogger KPKinSunnyPhiladelphia September 12, 2019 12:32 PM  

This is the result of the so-called Enlightenment gradually eroding the foundations of civilization.

It's what I call the "hubris of intellect." Thinking that we're REALLY smart, and that being REALLY smart trumps everything, is a recipe for catastrophe.

Blogger The Cooler September 12, 2019 12:50 PM  

Lurk moar, Cobrates.

Blogger DonReynolds September 12, 2019 1:45 PM  

Almost twenty years into a war and the only excuses that remain are so that girls in that country can go to school and the homosexuals will be safe from being summarily murdered.

I do not give a hoot what customs, practices, or traditions they have in foreign countries and I do not want my country spending soldiers' blood and the public treasury to compel foreign people to become more like ourselves...or even more like some of us, since we do not necessarily agree on what is right and wrong.

If this is the purpose of the NeoLiberal order and Western dominance, then it will vanish with no regrets on my part. I have never wanted an empire or to dominate the world and neither has any American I ever knew. If we end up confined within our own boundaries, I know we can adapt well to changing circumstances. Call it good and pizz on the NeoCons.

Blogger HouellebecqGurl September 12, 2019 2:33 PM  

The difference between us and the Chinese is that over 90% of mainland China is now Han & you can expect that number to ride.
Also, if the Chinese are smart, they've sterilized every Uigher in their camps and will crush this US state department driven uprising in Hong Kong ASAP.

Blogger Daniele Grech Pereira September 12, 2019 2:54 PM  

I didn't need a translation from French, but a translation from Cuck. Macron's native language.

Blogger The Foolproof September 12, 2019 3:04 PM  

“As far as an explicitly pro-Christian, relatively homogeneous nation is concerned, it's hard to beat Russia.”

No it isn’t. Pick any other Slavic country. Russia is an empire that’s fragile for the same reasons as any other. An actual Christian country doesn’t eclipse all of its neighbours in rates of HIV and heroin overdose, or boast of its plans for Europe’s largest mosque.

Blogger Azimus September 12, 2019 3:14 PM  

The end of western hegemony corresponds alarmingly to the relocation of industry, the rapid decline of fertility rates/child legitimacy, the decline of rleigious faith, and the accumulation of debt. When do we start arresting/hanging those responsible for this?

Blogger Ominous Cowherd September 12, 2019 3:17 PM  

@46, I wouldn't be surprised to find that Poland is more pro-Christian and more homogeneous than Russia. They haven't had an empire for a very long time.

Blogger Roberto Masioni September 12, 2019 5:20 PM  

"To respect Japan is to acknowledge their homogeneity. I can speak the language conversationally and it took years to get to that level. The language itself is designed to keep out foreigners. French is similar, but they made their big mistake with the African colonies. Black Frenchies do not belong with the real Frenchies."

I wish more Americans understood the power of language to unite and segregate.

Blogger R Devere September 12, 2019 7:23 PM  

Jab Burrwalky wrote:China is based on a very low form of truth: pragmatic, material truth. They don't have allegiance to high-minded philosophical or theological truth, but they do follow on the principle of "what works, works." So they'll probably do ok. .

China will do "ok" until they are required to internally innovate!

They can only steal high tech innovation, because nothing in their culture can allow for "failure", which is foundational to innovation. Failure results in "loss of face" an unforgivable sin, a fate equal to death in Chinese culture.

Blogger White Knight Leo #0368 September 12, 2019 9:37 PM  

He's not exactly doing harm to the stereotype that French politicians surrender at the first sign of opposition.

Blogger DourCdn September 12, 2019 11:35 PM  

Amen brother

Blogger DourCdn September 13, 2019 12:01 AM  

In Canada our PM proclaimed that Cabada was a post-nafional state. I assume he is implying that no group, culture, ethnicity or religion is the basis of Canadian identity.

Blogger ZhukovG September 13, 2019 4:56 AM  

While Russia is technically a multi-national empire, it is nearly 80% ethnic Russian. Its largest minority is Tatar at 5%. The 'Big Mosque' building Chechens are only, I think, 2% of the population.

Blogger John Rockwell September 13, 2019 5:18 AM  

Amy wrote:India, Russia, China, all with stronger political inspiration...

Umm, Maricon, could it possibly be due to a large cohort of their nations being genetically and culturally unified? You know, like, nationalists, or something?

People love to swan about Japan being so awesome and orderly and polite...because, we’ll, they’re all the shared product of Japanese genetics and culture.

Still so simple, they can’t grasp it. Or won’t. My bet is on “won’t” by reason of them being evil.



Homogeneity does smooth a lot of things. However African homogeneity demonstrates that it doesn't eliminate dysfunction only reduces it.



Blogger Oswald September 13, 2019 9:52 AM  

To many Americans worship foreign gods like Samsung, Sony, and AKB48 (a Japanese girl band) to name a few. We have become lazy and allowed ourselves to remain uneducated, even though any American has the finest education available at his or her fingertips without the need to enroll in any school. We have repeatedly voted for politicians that would gladly sell us out at the drop of a hat. Even now, let us face it, when your best hope is a guy that has been married three times, filed at least six corporate bankruptcies, and belittles and name calls every opponent, as a nation you are in trouble. Right he is still better than the rest, but when he is gone, what will we get another forked tongued President like the ones that proceeded him? I think of the Bible, and the judgments pronounced against the various Kings there in. Where their reigns were summed up as basically either "He did what was right in the eyes of the Lord or He did wrong in the eyes of the Lord." I think we can all guess what Clinton, Bush, and Obama will have written about their reigns. Trump possibly, despite his checkered past and his untamed tongue, may have something different written than the previous three Presidents. No doubt, it will have a caveat with it, but we all know how this ends.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts