ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2019 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Friday, November 29, 2019

Statistics and the gamma

As bad as the comments here can be, they can never hope to devolve to the level of gamma lunacy one encounters on YouTube. One DM offers us the usual Gamma Wall of Text in the customary attempt to demonstrate that he is a Smart Boy:
I was really interested in this topic and the first 10 minutes of the stream - preparing for our reaction to stress is extremely important. However, you spent the rest of the stream dealing with one comment from the chat and about that person's banning. You didn't end up getting into the topic. I was/am genuinely interested in your thoughts on the matter.

Messaging/The Chat is a terrible form of communication - you can't tell the person's tone of voice and there is a massive space for misinterpretation. I do agree that banning is not a sign of weakness nor strength. I do agree that you do need to be banning people. However, I completely disagree that you know that your level of banning is "absolutely worth the risk". You do not know that for certain. People can have an off day, be in a bad mood, forget for a moment the context of the chat, write something in a way that doesn't exactly reflect their thoughts, they could be responding to another comment in the chat and not you, and sometimes they might have a point that is true but you just don't want to hear it. Conversely, you could be having an off day, an off week, misinterpret a comment, or who knows whatever else.

More importantly, if there were 10 other Vox Day's out there in the world (yes there are other very intelligent people in the world) and they found themselves in your chat I would be willing to bet that you would have likely banned some or all of them over time. If that's true then how would that benefit your community? My hypothesis is - your bannings gets rid of a portion of the very top and very bottom IQ/Value members of the chat/community. Yes you get rid of the bottom feeders but Im quite confident that you are also getting rid of a good portion of your highest value members. Now, before you call me a gamma I want you to know that the reason I am saying this is not because I've been banned, or Im worried about being banned, or that Im trying to take a shot at you. The reason I say it is because I genuinely want you to do well and thrive, just as I want Owen to do well and thrive.

Conversely, what would the other 10 Vox Day's think (assuming you hadn't banned them) if they are taking a piece of their evening to listen to your channel only to hear you say to them "you are not my equal, you are nobody, you are totally irrelevant, there are tens of thousands of you, there is one of me, Im the only one who truly matters here". How many times would you listen to someone saying that to you?

I get that you are speaking to a broad audience that you can't see and hardly know so that must be very difficult to navigate. I also get that it is very easy for me to come in and run my mouth at you. I am certain that I couldn't do anywhere near as good a job as you and Owen do and I appreciate what both of you are doing. My suggestion is to re-listen to this episode and imagine the high IQ/ high value viewers point of view - one who is busy doing their own projects and want to stop in and hear your thoughts about preparing for our reactions to stress - hoping to learn something or hear another point of view from someone they respect.
My response: The other 10 Vox Days would never pay any attention to these videos. I don't watch videos. Your entire argument is based on a false foundation. 

As you would expect, this highly informed and relevant observation immediately caused him to understand and admit that he was wrong. I jest, of course. It did nothing of the sort.
When I made my comment I thought you might use this out but I assumed you wouldn't take that backdoor exit. I meant someone of similar intellect level. You can't possibly be implying that not a single person in your community is at your level. If you don't want high level people in your community then yes I take it back, you might be banning appropriately. Also, that was only one part of my argument - take away 10 Vox Days and my point still stands.

Also, of the 10 other manifestations of Vox Day Im sure some of them would watch videos.
My second response: First, you're absolutely wrong. Zero manifestations of Vox Day would watch videos. Second, from the statistical perspective, given that there are less than one thousand people watching live, precisely none of them are at my IQ level. 

I invite you to join me in anticipating the next Wall of Text which will call into question everything from my integrity to statistics to the legitimacy of the Stanford-Binet test.

UPDATE: The anticipated Wall of Text:
First, you definitely watch videos sometimes and so would many if not all manifestations of you - everyone knows this is a silly claim. In order to have any sense of the social/political climate you need to be watching some videos sometimes - there is no way around that. Second, you said we were one of tens of thousands in the stream, what happened to that figure? Third, based statistics claiming there are "precisely zero" people at your level is dead wrong. Maybe there are very few at your level, maybe it's unlikely there are any - but "precisely zero" is statistically repugnant - unless you believe you are literally the smartest person alive - in which case we need to have another conversation.

You should not be talking down to your audience. This is a major mistake. For example: the reason Norm MacDonald is so beloved and respected is because not only is he brilliant but he never assumes his audience is dumber than he is. He has said this in several interviews. Even though he is very often the smartest person in the room he never talks to his audience as though he is smarter than they are. There isn't a comic on the planet who doesn't universally respect Norm's talent. Yes he is brilliant but there are other brilliant comics. Norm is the top dog because he is the one who never ever talks down to his audience - and because of this every other brilliant person out there listening to Norm is attracted to this trait. The top end minds do not like being talked down to - for obvious reasons but also because they also have bigger egos just the same.

The Vox Day algorithm has a flaw and it is repelling high IQ individuals. Deal with this or lose high IQ members of your community. Hate me, insult me, ignore me, this is constructive criticism and nothing else. As A Christian I want to see good Christian leaders thrive, grow, and have their communities increase in quantity AND quality.

If there really are no people at the same IQ level (or close) as yourself among the tens of thousands, perhaps it's because you have driven them away.
Followed in rapid succession by a second after I utilized this exhibit as an example of typical gamma behavior in last night's Darkstream.
If I respond in detail then Im a doing a wall of text. Dig my heels in and Im an SJW doubling down. And it seems like no matter what I say Im a low IQ gamma. Here goes. I never said I am right and you are wrong. I might be completely wrong here. I was simply stating my case and in doing so pointed out one detail that I knew you were wrong about - the math. You are definitely wrong about the math. It's you who didn't do your homework. You don't understand random distributions. Just because 1 in 850 is at your IQ level, and you are there, that doesn't necessarily mean that nobody in the chat is higher than you. It means that there is an average of 1 in 850 each time. Some times 0 , some times 1, some times 2, some times even 3. If you had any mathematical inclination you would never use the term "precisely zero" when describing the number of people in the chat at your IQ level. Precisely zero means precisely zero. The number of people in the chat and in the community on a given day is NOT precisely zero. Do YOUR homework. I was making a YT comment and I made sure to get it right. You did a public stream (which to me is a wall of text to the N) about my comment and you didn't bother to do the work. Also, as you conveniently avoided mentioning, I was doing these numbers based on your claim that the community was "tens of thousand" large - meaning your community likely has many people with a higher IQ than you - some of which show up to the chat randomly (assuming you haven't banned them already of course).

More importantly, the IQ thing isn't even the main point I was making. I was saying that being super trigger happy with bannings was possibly cutting out both the gammas and potentially some of the top IQ folk. It's just a theory I had. I wasn't telling you not to ban gammas.

You have now wasted 2 streams reacting to comments from people you believe are gammas while simultaneously claiming that you aren't bothered by the comments. If you weren't bothered by my comments then why do a stream about them the very next day? You say you caught me in a trap? You've been trapped by what you believe are gammas 2 days in a row!

If you want me to be a low IQ wall of text gamma and explain in further detail why I am right about the math in an email I'd be happy to do so.

Standing up for yourself isn't gamma. Pushing back isn't low IQ.

Holy crap dude. I'm on your side. I like you. I genuinely respect you and Owen greatly. My intention wasn't to get into an argument. Like, can nobody ever push back about anything without being attacked and called a low IQ gamma? "Gamma" is turning into the new "Anti-semitism" - you can't just use it every time someone calls you out or makes a point you don't like.
This is why there is no need to pay any attention to anything Gammas say, much less respond to it. Just let them do their thing once they've been triggered. There is no more effective way to demonstrate how hopelessly wrong they are than their own desperate flopping around as they repeatedly double down on their initial errors.

Labels: ,

121 Comments:

Blogger Karen took the Kids November 29, 2019 1:11 PM  

The next response will be in the realm of: "Right, that's it, I was being nice but now I've really got sand in my nether regions...."

I'll be monitoring the thread for hilarious updates.

Blogger Dave November 29, 2019 1:18 PM  

As you would expect, this highly informed and relevant observation immediately caused him to understand and admit that he was wrong. I jest, of course. It did nothing of the sort.

I guffawed.

As an editor, it must be painful even to skim those walls of text.

Blogger Rick November 29, 2019 1:18 PM  

Sounds like a chick.
No, really.

Blogger Haus frau November 29, 2019 1:19 PM  

That wall of text was painful to read.
Brevity is the soul of wit.

Blogger swiftfoxmark2 November 29, 2019 1:19 PM  

See how much concern they show your well-being in their wall of babble.

I mean, I know they don't really care, but they sure like to lie about it.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother November 29, 2019 1:22 PM  

Avalanche comments on YouTube?

Blogger Lazarus November 29, 2019 1:23 PM  

Ecclesiasticus 20:8

“He that useth many words shall be abhorred; and he that taketh to himself authority therein shall be hated.”

Blogger Charlie the Chaste November 29, 2019 1:27 PM  

He just wants you to pat him on the head and say "who's a smart boy? You are."

Blogger Br1cht November 29, 2019 1:33 PM  

"The Manifestations of Vox Day" would be a real good name for a troll campaign imo and the trollee would by preference be Vox the channel and gamma hive deluxe.

To be honest I would prefer a stream to not be interrupted by gammas but the Tomahawk shines so nice in mid-swing.

Blogger Rek. November 29, 2019 1:34 PM  

Have u ever met a UHIQ gamma? What was he like? Do u know of a public figure that qualifies?

Blogger sammibandit November 29, 2019 1:38 PM  

My first comment was about the risks in banning people and how it could adversely affect your community. I think I know what I'm talking about but I don't feel like I'm getting my point across because it's totally possible that 10 Vox Days watch the stream. Water seeks its own level so it makes sense that Vox Days would hang out with other Vox Days. And you don't know if you banned them anyway, but that's not to say that you don't know your audience and your listeners, rather that you don't know who is behind the username. You can't know that. Neither can I. But it's possible. I invite you to think about that. So the point still stands.

My second comment was about you thinking poorly about your audience. I'm trying to explain that if you want a high quality audience then you need to pay attention because high intellect people are high visualization people and that means they like visual stimulation. This isn't about statistics this is about aptitude.

You also haven't taken into account that people act silly on the internet and that goes for high intellect people as well. So again, this isn't about statistics it's about aptitude.

Of course I could be wrong and high intellect people don't like visual stimulation and if that's true I'll walk that back. But I doubt that very much because you have to be smart to visualize and you have to be smart to like listening to a format like talk radio. I don't know if you realized that so thought I should give you a heads up.

You could also have a low intellect audience and you may like it that way, but I don't think that's true. But if you want an audience like that then you could stop banning so much because that's counterintuitive.

Again, I think it's imperative that you take into account that I want the best for you and Owen. I'm a big fan and I just want to help. If that's gamma then that's OK.

Blogger NateM November 29, 2019 1:38 PM  

"However, you spent the rest of the stream dealing with one comment from the chat and about that person's banning. You didn't end up getting into the topic."



That might be an important piece of criticism

Blogger English Tom November 29, 2019 1:39 PM  

But Vox, he was really interested in the topic!

Blogger Doug Cranmer November 29, 2019 1:41 PM  

Waiting for the flounce. That's always the best part for me.

Blogger BuoyBear November 29, 2019 1:42 PM  

How many manifestations of Vox Day does it take to screw in a light bulb?

None, because they're all Dark Lords.

Blogger Unknown November 29, 2019 1:43 PM  

My cat's breath smells like cat food.

Blogger Uncle John's Band November 29, 2019 1:44 PM  

So concerned. So selflessly helpful. But not to worry - axing those who want to be here but are too stupid to figure out how not to be banned is addition by subtraction.

Blogger Nation-Deprived November 29, 2019 1:47 PM  

The great wall is like trying to compress an entire debate in a single comment, you will be speechless at the end, he’s sure of it. Then with a single line of rhetoric (or was it dialectic?) Vox dismantles the house of cards.

Blogger Damelon Brinn November 29, 2019 1:48 PM  

To borrow from the famous Churchill quote: the comments on this blog are the worst, except for those everywhere else.

That one looks like a good chance to use the response, "Sir, this is a Wendy's."

Blogger R Webfoot November 29, 2019 1:51 PM  

I should think, if these hypothetical viewers were as smart as you, they could easily figure out how to not get banned.

Blogger Joe Smith November 29, 2019 1:57 PM  

“When I made my comment I thought you might use this out but I assumed you wouldn't take that backdoor exit. I meant someone of similar intellect level.”

Code for: imagine I made a point that you thought was good. If this isn’t it, make it for me.

Blogger Servant November 29, 2019 1:59 PM  

If I ever got banned for a misinterpreted comment or even a stupid thing I said I'd just laugh and roll up another room.

Blogger Servant November 29, 2019 1:59 PM  

Toon not room

Blogger CF Neal November 29, 2019 2:04 PM  

@7. My nice Rugby flip phone limits my texting to EXACTLY 160 bytes. Brevity by necessity. Now, personally, when it comes to reading "Comments" I find anything more than a few sentences overly tedious. Am I, alone, so taxed of ADD, so to speak?

Blogger Jail Cussox November 29, 2019 2:22 PM  

"Absolutely zero manifestations of Vox Day"

This made my day.

Blogger Daniele Grech Pereira November 29, 2019 2:28 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Jim November 29, 2019 2:30 PM  

Using an incantation scribed onto what I think is vellum in iron ink which had dropped out of an old tome I found on a recent sojourn to Miskatonic University's library, I attempted to interview 10 other manifestations of Vox Day about this. None have responded to my summons, and several nearby fishing villages have been deserted.

Blogger The Depolrable Podunk Ken Ramsey November 29, 2019 2:40 PM  

Here's an idea: 1) We time travel back for centuries; 2) Stomp on a butterfly; 3) Cast the gamma into the resulting new dimension. The one with 17 Vox Days!

Blogger CCP November 29, 2019 2:42 PM  

Wow, what a smart boy!

Blogger dienw November 29, 2019 2:42 PM  

If I ever leave a comment like that, send Vinnie.

Blogger A rebel without a General November 29, 2019 2:53 PM  

Why is there always a wall of text.

Blogger Beau November 29, 2019 3:01 PM  

Draped across his massive malignant pure gold jewel encrusted throne beneath the pleasure dome decreed, Thraka-mole, the Great Grand greasy Exalted Saurian Ruler of Titanos, pbuh, wiggled a telephone pole sized toothpick vigorously between his terrifyingly enormous incisors, occasionally launching alarmingly large bits of plaque towards unfortunate servitors,simply put, he ... [communication lost, unknown vector, contact sys admin]

Blogger Bernard Brandt November 29, 2019 3:03 PM  

I read VD's weblog on a daily basis for the same reason I used to read John D. MacDonald's editorials for Analog, or the late Dr. Jerry Pournelle's weblog: I can be assured of a thoughtful and entertaining read with which I may or may not agree.

I read the comments here mainly for the snark. Sometimes it is funny.

I stopped reading the 'wall o' text' quoted above after the first paragraph. Life is too short for that sort of 'meh'.

Blogger R Webfoot November 29, 2019 3:05 PM  

@32 "Why is there always a wall of text."

Because the Gamma is a Smart Boy with deep thoughts, too complicated to coalesce into anything readable. Every detail must be explained (and every counterpoint must be parenthetically inserted).

Blogger purple echo November 29, 2019 3:10 PM  

the wall of text burns my eyes, now I understand what Vox means by it...

Blogger Fuzzums Wuzzums November 29, 2019 3:14 PM  

wall of text => response = TL;DR => gamma spiraling with another wall of text explaining how you actually read the comment

The use of "didnt read lol" has a similar though sometimes stronger effect.

Blogger Bernard Brandt November 29, 2019 3:18 PM  

Sorry: John W. Campbell. I enjoyed the writing of John D. MacDonald as well, particularly the Travis McGee novels. At my age, things begin to merge.

Blogger weka November 29, 2019 3:24 PM  

@Jim. Stop channeling Stress. The Laundryverse is now converges and smells of cat.

Blogger Doktor Jeep November 29, 2019 3:29 PM  

Slowly I begin to hate the word: "however"

Blogger weka November 29, 2019 3:31 PM  

The probability of a +4sd commentators still depends on the sampling frame. The bottom half of the bell curve does not like blogs like this. Some commentators here are far more astute than I am.

The precise opposite applies to YouTube and most social media.

Blogger Scuzzaman November 29, 2019 3:36 PM  

The tell:

"... what would the other 10 Vox Day's think?"


Q: Who gives a fuck what 10 remote strangers might think?

A1: The Gamma.

A2: Zero Vox Day's.

A3: Relatively few Glock owners.

Blogger Long Live The West November 29, 2019 3:39 PM  

I find it interesting that in his mind these '10 Vox Days' are only a 'Vox' because of their of intelligence. He assumes that intellect alone is the driving factor behind everything Vox does and has achieved. He really has no understanding of how people who are truly high functioning actually work. It's so typical to see average or dumb people make this mistake.

Blogger Max November 29, 2019 3:55 PM  

I love the segments of your show that are devoted to gamma smackdowns, personally.

Blogger Rabid Ratel November 29, 2019 4:01 PM  

A rebel without a General wrote:Why is there always a wall of text.

Maybe this is a gamma's way of volunteering their free labor for TGE's wall?

Blogger bodenlose Schweinerei November 29, 2019 4:03 PM  

you have to be smart to like listening to a format like talk radio

Callers to talk radio shows were the pre-internet comment section, and eloquently made the case for preemptive cannibalism.

Blogger Fozzy Bear November 29, 2019 4:04 PM  

Weka is correct. Since I have tested at 158 on the Wechsler scale multiple times, the probability Vox speaks of is related to the probability I watch the Darkstream. I’m certain I’m not the only one in that league here nor the most intelligent, so although I don’t watch every stream I would say the probability of at least 1 UHIQ individual watching each Darkstream is close to 1.

Blogger Sillon November 29, 2019 4:09 PM  

What I wonder is how Vox has the patience to read that text wall, I stopped half way on the second paragraph.

Vox patience always surprise me on this regard.

Blogger Brick Hardslab November 29, 2019 4:09 PM  

Are you surprised he responded on this thread?

There's a weird whiney quality to his comments as if he is desperate for something.

Is it only gammatude or is there something else in a man's make up that leads him to seem so desperate?

Blogger SirHamster November 29, 2019 4:22 PM  

Video-streaming is such an inefficient information communication channel that any of those other theoretical 10 Vox Days could do a Google search, read up a blogpost or two, and come to a conclusion about the quality of Vox's intellect and the desirability of building an intellectual relationship in the time it takes to type a chat and get banned.

They would be smart enough to suss out Vox's communication preferences, respect his space, and Not. Get. Banned.

"B-b-b-but what if the High IQ guy is retarded?!"

Then he isn't high IQ. Self-destroying arguments.

Blogger James Lovebirch November 29, 2019 4:28 PM  

What's interesting to me is the way he carefully tip toes around directly stating he's one of these hypothetical 10 Vox Days. Not self-confident enough to believe it himself but desperate to post the groundbreaking comment that has someone from outside affirm it to him.

Blogger Eincrou November 29, 2019 4:38 PM  

The biggest problems with this man's comment, as I see it:

1) He overstated his case by saying Vox Day would have banned other Vox Days. He admits as much when he backtracks in his followup, "I meant someone of similar intellect level." This scenario was an attempt to personalize the issue and get his target audience emotionally invested, but since he didn't understand Vox Day well enough, the attempt failed. And this ties into the next point:

2) He's using emotional manipulation throughout. He gives excessive praise, and is trying way too hard to convince his target audience to lower their defenses. All of these techniques assume that the target audience emotionally cares about what is being said. For better or for worse, Vox Day doesn't care.

3) He's incorrectly assuming what the content creator's goals are with his content, and giving advice that is irrelevant to those goals. This is something that really bugged me when I used to create videos for the purpose of attracting an audience. I wanted to know what people thought and felt about my work, as a matter of describing their subjective experiences. But when they tried to give me advice, that was a very different type of feedback and it was always useless.

I don't have a problem with all Walls of Text on the internet, and I always appreciate the rare occasions when someone puts time and effort into a thoughtful and well-structured comment. I can get the same satisfaction as reading an article or a good blog post.

But when I'm reading a Wall of Text and it becomes clear to me that it's mostly a bunch of stream-of-consciousness fluff authored by a midwit...

Blogger JAG November 29, 2019 4:39 PM  

A rebel without a General wrote:Why is there always a wall of text.

Can only speculate here, but maybe it is a form of OCD.

Blogger Timeo hominem unius libri November 29, 2019 4:46 PM  

Throught the brown and heavy fog a light grew stronger. I was unable to find my way home in that dark night but that light relit my hopes to be soon in the warmth of my bed. What a sight appeared to my eyes when i finally broke through the veil! 10 Vox Days where under the street lamp in circle, absorbed so completely in the contempletion of unknown mysteries that i dared to approach them.....not a single one of them was watching a Youtube video.

Blogger maniacprovost November 29, 2019 4:46 PM  

My hypothesis is - your bannings gets rid of a portion of the very top and very bottom IQ/Value members

This is an interesting idea, unfortunately based on cliches that were absorbed long ago and regurgitated with only a dim awareness of the current context. Let this be a lesson to all you video watchers: Just because you reaches a logical conclusion via reason, that doesn't mean it's always true forever everywhere. You, sirs, are no Vox Days!

I have never seen Vox ban a highly intelligent or valuable commenter here, let alone one who was both. Although, many years ago, there were some moderately intelligent, divisive wannabes idiotically trolling (MIDWITs) here.

Blogger Dole November 29, 2019 4:52 PM  

The bannings are one of the best part of the stream. Have you ever heard anyone, but the gamma boy dissatisfied when a gamma gets banned? I have not. High IQ people who are preoccupied with their own projects want to hear some entertainment, too.

Blogger maniacprovost November 29, 2019 4:54 PM  

Slightly off topic, but constant use of "I" and "me" in the Gamma Wall o' Text is not just female solipsism and childish self-centeredness

OR IS IT

but rather, a concern with epistemology. How do we know what we know, and what does the state of the observer tell us about the observation?

Were the borogoves mimsy, or do they only SEEM to be mimsy?

Blogger Snidely Whiplash November 29, 2019 4:56 PM  

Now we know, the extremely and ultra intelligent don't watch the Darkstream.
But then, we already knew that. They don't watch it BECAUSE IT'S NOT MADE FOR THEM.

Intelligence is over-rated by midwits as a force for changing the world. A movement based on the ultra-intelligent would be wiped out by single squad of sub-normal riflemen in a few minutes.

Blogger Jose Miguel November 29, 2019 5:11 PM  

If there were ten other manifestations of Vox Day, odds are one would have cracked already and demonstrated his Mexica Heritage via the wall of texters ceasing their existence in violent Aztec tradition.

Women everywhere would rejoice.

Blogger SciVo November 29, 2019 5:26 PM  

Rek. wrote:Have u ever met a UHIQ gamma? What was he like? Do u know of a public figure that qualifies?

Yes. My IQ is objectively 3.5-4.0 +SD, and sometimes I'm a gamma. Sometimes I'm an omega or a delta, and even omega is better than gamma. I'd rather apologize for hiding from the world than apologize for being a dick.

IQ and personality type are distinct. But people with high narcissism are more likely to in fact have some kind of exceptionality; but maybe not as much as they think. And the essence of alpha is the power to inspire trust; mere exceptionality is not enough. You have to trust his judgement more than your own, and so "gamma is alpha ambition without alpha goods" means feeling more trust in your judgement than other people feel in it. You think you're special, and maybe you are, but not enough to justify trying to lead.

maniacprovost wrote:Slightly off topic, but constant use of "I" and "me" in the Gamma Wall o' Text is not just female solipsism and childish self-centeredness

OR IS IT

but rather, a concern with epistemology. How do we know what we know, and what does the state of the observer tell us about the observation?

Were the borogoves mimsy, or do they only SEEM to be mimsy?


It's a dodge to make a claim without taking responsibility for it, while trying to make it appear exactly the opposite. So much "I"! Surely he must be taking responsibility? But no, as you say, it's actually an expression of epistemological uncertainty.

So it's a weaselly way out if called out for being wrong: well, to ME, the borogroves SEEMED to be mimsy. I'm #sorrynotsorry if your perception differs.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd November 29, 2019 5:31 PM  

This is funny. The banned troll, who can't not comment,insists he would never pay any attention to Vox, whom he stalks incessantly.

I guess showing up here is a cheaper way for him to get abuse than paying the lady with the whip. Or, maybe she banned him, too. Nobody likes a gamma, even if he pays.

Blogger Hoyabembe November 29, 2019 5:34 PM  

I have the hardest time understanding the gamma mindset. The patterns of behavior are apparent but it's just a big mess.

Blogger Sam Sutherland November 29, 2019 5:51 PM  

Gamma: "I'm just here to help! I'm here for yooooou!"
VD: "Let me acquaint your face with this 2x4."

Blogger Jack Amok November 29, 2019 6:22 PM  

Using an incantation scribed onto what I think is vellum in iron ink which...

Gammas think they make good wizards, but the dragon always eats them before they get a third of the way through their Wall-O-Text spell.

Blogger Beardy Bear November 29, 2019 6:26 PM  

Why would anyone ever write this? Why pick this hill to die on, and aggressively pursue it?

I am so often confused by gammas. Is he just lying and actually scared to be banned?

Blogger Shane Bradman November 29, 2019 6:32 PM  

Why are gammas so obsessed with intelligence? It's not important and nobody cares.

Blogger carnaby November 29, 2019 6:39 PM  

You can't tell the person's tone of voice and there is a massive space for misinterpretation

Yeah, that's not gonna fly here. If you are as intelligent as you claim then you can read through some older posts here and get a feel for how best to interact on the VD blog. I can write from experience that Vox doesn't do comment tone. Your best bet here is to write extremely plainly and briefly and let that be that. If you ever meet him in person then go for tone if you like. That way if he bans you in person you can draw the proper conclusions immediately. Further, don't try to get a feel for tone in VD's posts, his posts stand on their content alone, well, unless he's being mean to you, then yeah that's the tone.

Blogger Avalanche November 29, 2019 6:43 PM  

@6 "Avalanche comments on YouTube?"

No no no no no!!! No.

Blogger Xellos November 29, 2019 6:46 PM  

SciVo wrote:feeling more trust in your judgement than other people feel in it

This is a perfect description. Without labels like "gamma", it's the main thing that stands out with these people - how they'll have 100% confidence in themselves and expect you to just trust them like your best friends. Then a 180° flip when they find out that you're not interested.

A rebel without a General wrote:Why is there always a wall of text.
They think size matters the most.

Blogger Gregory the Great November 29, 2019 6:46 PM  

10 other Vox Days sounds good to me.
A. Together you would be a terrific soccer team.
B. One or two of them could work on Sea of Skulls all the time.

Blogger Avalanche November 29, 2019 6:52 PM  

@58 " wall of texters ceasing their existence in violent Aztec tradition.
Women everywhere would rejoice. "

As would the other nine Vox Days!

Blogger Shane Bradman November 29, 2019 6:53 PM  

10 Magic Lefts will be an unbeatable team. How are we going on making our cloning machine?

Blogger Mauldication Bear November 29, 2019 6:54 PM  

Tell him to GIT

Blogger Doktor Jeep November 29, 2019 6:57 PM  

If there are 10 other Vox Days, that means there are 10 other epic skull-of-fallen-enemy chalices.
Are they all the same or do they have different attributes? Does the one Vox drinks from have the power to "rule them all" so to speak?

Blogger Unknown November 29, 2019 6:58 PM  

"Also, of the 10 other manifestations of Vox Day Im sure some of them would watch videos."
Rock solid argument there! Impressive!

Blogger Shane Bradman November 29, 2019 7:05 PM  

My fantasy is sentencing a gamma to death to be hanged, drawn and quartered and his head placed on a spike on the castle walls afterwards. The best part would be the cries from the gamma about how unethical it is or how I technically should give him a less harsh punishment.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash November 29, 2019 7:08 PM  

Gregory the Great wrote:One or two of them could work on Sea of Skulls all the time.
I can get behind this effort

Blogger Jay Will November 29, 2019 7:29 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Oswald November 29, 2019 7:33 PM  

I'm no doubt speaking above my pay grade, but I would assume the other 10 VDs are creators like this VD and therefore is to busy creating to bother with videos and a lot of other nonsense.

Blogger sammibandit November 29, 2019 8:03 PM  

Callers to talk radio shows were the pre-internet comment section, and eloquently made the case for preemptive cannibalism.

No doubt, eh. But our smart boy here doesn't care or notice how people actually act. He's convinced he knows our host better than our host knows himself. I figure this guy thinks he knows how people act in general better than anyone else knows.

Blogger rumpole5 November 29, 2019 8:56 PM  

Re:
"You could also have a low intellect audience".

Maybe, but I enjoy the d ilk comentators as much (and sometimes more) than their d lord, so I doubt it. Its a great blog in any case.

Blogger MrNiceguy November 29, 2019 10:02 PM  

Gammas are worthless for labor, but occasionally useful as building materials.

Blogger carnaby November 29, 2019 11:01 PM  

I'm thinking of a new satire in which the scene in The Fellowship of the Rings at the Doors of Durin is re-written as "The Gamma at the Gate." Riveting stuff, yes?

Blogger John Bradley November 29, 2019 11:07 PM  


Roy Batty: "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Sure, there were the attack ships, the shoulder of Orion, the glittering C-beams, yadda yadda yadda. But there was this one time I saw 10 Vox Days acting in glorious unison, their Dark powers crushing all who opposed them, and even I was like 'Woah!'. Seriously, nothing else ever came close. Alas, all those moments will be lost in time, like gammas in a Darkstream. Time to ban."

Blogger John Bradley November 29, 2019 11:10 PM  

If there are 10 other Vox Days, that means there are 10 other epic skull-of-fallen-enemy chalices.

But the bitter fight over which one would get The Chair would be a tale for the ages.

Blogger Miu//theConduit November 29, 2019 11:22 PM  

I used to be this guy. Reading this, it's like TS2 Buzz Lightyear witnessing his fresh out-the-package self and muttering in mortification, "Dear God, was I ever THIS bad?"

Yes, yes I was 😑

Blogger Subnif. November 29, 2019 11:29 PM  

The comments TLDR

Blogger weka November 29, 2019 11:34 PM  

@Snidley. You and our gracious host have my thanks because you filter the noise, which is painful.

Blogger carnaby November 29, 2019 11:39 PM  

I have it:

Gandalf and the party approached the Doors of Durin. A lone boot was there on the ground, which looked otherwise untrodden. Gandalf had heard that Muslix the Gamma had gone ahead to clear the way. He seemed to recall that Muslix was universally unliked by the female elven folk, even the pudgy one.

The only other indication that anyone had been recently in the area was a freshly and crudely scrawled marking on one of the nearby trees

WITW 1
FG 0

Gandalf and Aragorn shared a brief chortle. Frodo inquired "Gandalf, what does that mean?"
"Ho ho!" Exclaimed Gandalf. "I'll tell you when you are older."

After speaking "friend" and entering the unlit halls of the elves, the band of friends carried forward in a chearful mood.

Blogger Silent Draco November 29, 2019 11:57 PM  

Huffman encoded response: "OK Gamma."

I enjoy the Darkstreams for several reasons. Sometimes we get additional understanding. Some segues or comments trigger interesting side topics. Always learn something new, or get different perspective. Seeing Gammas get banned and eviscerated is always fun. Puppy moments, for ours is the most humane and caring SDL.

I'm another in the +3-4SD range, and the blog, its comments, and the Darkstreams are refreshing. A great way to get more quarters and play another level.

Blogger Guy Incognito November 30, 2019 12:16 AM  

I used to think Vox was too brusque in his livestreams.

After a while, I realized that it's about setting the tone.

I'm just glad Vox does streams. There's only a few streamers I can stomach these days ever since I started seeing conservatives cucking everywhere.
If it weren't for him and Owen, I'd have very little to listen to.



Blogger mike November 30, 2019 12:30 AM  

The test mentioned measures ability to learn. If gammas are obsessed with iq then vox could be a gamma of first order and would try to repress that thought leading to bashing gammas. But instead he is the best alpha internets have seen. My highest IQ score was 157 and i believe that the higher the result the less outgoing person is and less capable of streaming live video. The anal quirks get to you and you quickly end up in analysis paralysis, without proper guidance ... from books and really smart individuals. It gets harder to accept new knowledge (and therefore learn) because almost all the teaching and explanation is below your level and quickly get boring. The way to deal w it is to speedup audio/video or read faster.
It's not fun to be semi-autist, the work is easy though...

Blogger jkmack November 30, 2019 12:53 AM  

They guy could have easily questioned VD's assumption of a random distribution in his audience, birds of a feather and all that, but no, he took the gamma path.

Blogger Gregory the Great November 30, 2019 1:13 AM  

Thetefore tdlr

Blogger Jill November 30, 2019 1:50 AM  

Your emanations just weren't all they were cracked up to be

Blogger Esmar Tuek November 30, 2019 3:16 AM  

158?! Mate.

Blogger wreckage November 30, 2019 3:59 AM  

My Very Valuable Thoughts:
1. Good and merciful God protect us from 10 Vox Days, I mean seriously, some things shouldn't even be spoken aloud.
2. The Darkstreams are great. Getting to hear a genuinely formidable thinker just chat a bit is golden. I usually open up Warframe and murder people while listening to Vox's dulcet tones. It's like storytime for we, the lesser evils of the world. Talk radio for the not-congenitally-retarded.
3. At my IQ level I'm basically the rescued retarded mascot dog of the comments section, and even I found this guy to be half-smart waffler reaching for vocabulary he hadn't really mastered; but I could be wrong, educational standards have fallen SO very far.

Blogger VD November 30, 2019 6:07 AM  

They guy could have easily questioned VD's assumption of a random distribution in his audience

That's what "from a statistical perspective" indicated in the first place.

Blogger SciVo November 30, 2019 6:31 AM  

The tell for a gamma is the attempt to publicly educate someone. And I don't mean in the sense of just communicating information, but to tell them how they should change how they think and act. To attempt to lead, and doing it poorly but not stopping.

If an alpha tells you to knock it off -- or a sigma for that matter, with alpha goods but without alpha ambition -- then you go "well, he probably knows better than me. I should take his advice and spend some time pondering." But no one thinks that with gammas. That is the difference right there, that they think their judgement is good when other people would disagree and resent their unsolicited advice. They can't lead.

And there is no way to Smart Boy your way into being trusted. That is not how it works.

Blogger SciVo November 30, 2019 6:49 AM  

And you know, you can always send an email or PM to someone. The only reason to advise publicly is to attempt to lead. Gammas are alpha LARPers.

Blogger Tupla-J November 30, 2019 7:38 AM  

It appears it is hard to understand why the person making the stream is the only important one concerning the stream.

@69 B gets my vote.

Blogger Wazdakka November 30, 2019 9:38 AM  

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

Blogger Hoyabembe November 30, 2019 9:59 AM  

This reminds me of Nassim Nicholas Taleb vs. Bret Weinstein on twitter.

Blogger HouellebecqGurl November 30, 2019 10:04 AM  

I don't understand this way of thinking at all.
If you don't like the content or get banned, shut up and MOVE ON.
How difficult could that be to grasp?

Blogger Nickels for Nancy November 30, 2019 10:08 AM  

this is so funny, it just goes on and on.

Blogger justthinkin November 30, 2019 10:26 AM  

But, but, "I think it's imperative that you take into account that I want the best for you and Owen."

Blogger maniacprovost November 30, 2019 10:39 AM  

You should not be talking down to your audience. This is a major mistake. For example: the reason Norm MacDonald is so beloved and respected is because not only is he brilliant but he never assumes his audience is dumber than he is. He has said this in several interviews. Even though he is very often the smartest person in the room he never talks to his audience as though he is smarter than they are.

This guy... I don't know if Vox is a patronizing asshole in his videos or not, nor do I really care because there's an audience for that.

Norm MacDonald, while not "talking down" to his audience, pretends to be a slightly drunk idiot and communicates on that level 99% of the time. He is aware that's the only way to appeal to a large audience. His hijinks entertain some high IQ individuals, because "he never assumes his audience is dumber" and does a half-ass job as a result.

Blogger Dole November 30, 2019 11:02 AM  

Way to double (or triple?) down on the Gamma. The first argument was nonsense, so why not change the subject and start arguing something different to prove smart boy secret king status?

Thomas Howard, you do realize that no one is fooled?

Blogger VD November 30, 2019 11:08 AM  

You're banned, Thomas Howard. Stop trying to comment here.

Blogger Scuzzaman November 30, 2019 11:16 AM  

Bloody hell.

Blogger VD November 30, 2019 11:22 AM  

I repeat: you're banned, Thomas Howard. Stop trying to comment here.

Blogger Franz Lyonheart November 30, 2019 11:24 AM  

"However, you spent the rest of the stream dealing with one comment from the chat and about that person's banning. You didn't end up getting into the topic."

That might be an important piece of criticism


He started out not too bad, but that was just a ruse; a springboard to then go on and on and on about his gamma apologetics.

Blogger Jonathon Davies November 30, 2019 1:39 PM  

Gammas don't realise that they're gammas. That's why you get the wall of text. Most people who see something they disagree with just move on, or watch another video.

Instead the gamma thinks "Ah ha, I have him now! I will explain to him why I am write and prove how he is wrong, because I am superior! Behold!"

Secret king wins again.

Blogger Balam November 30, 2019 1:42 PM  

@Dole
''The bannings are one of the best part of the stream. Have you ever heard anyone, but the gamma boy dissatisfied when a gamma gets banned? I have not. ''

I recall viewers even offered to pay ban-bounty money to Vox because they enjoyed watching the ban and following slam so much.

Blogger My Shield Is Disgust November 30, 2019 1:45 PM  

Hope you enjoy vivisecting gammas as much as we enjoy watching.

Do you keep your SJW skulls and your gamma skulls in separate heaps, or is there just too much overlap?

Blogger OvergrownHobbit November 30, 2019 3:41 PM  

@57 Sometimes when working out, one wants a Darkstream to listen to instead of Baby Metal.

It's not the set of listeners to the YT content, but the set of those who comment on them.

Blogger xevious2030 November 30, 2019 8:56 PM  

“I enjoy the Darkstreams for several reasons.“

Yep.

Blogger rcocean November 30, 2019 9:59 PM  

Love the 2nd e-mail. Gammas ALWAYS Win. LOL!

Blogger brbrophy December 01, 2019 12:25 AM  

If Gammas want attention, why can't they get it by doing something useful or helpful? All this time spent on a criticism, when he could have just asked Vox to expand on the topic.

Blogger James Fox Higgins December 01, 2019 5:02 AM  

My IQ is plenty high, and I have no issue with Vox banning whomever he pleases, nor with him embarrassing obvious Gammas publicly. It seems simple to me: Don't want to get banned? Then don't say anything that would lead Vox to ban you. If you don't know what that looks like, then say NOTHING until you figure it out.

Apart from the walls of text, the whole "I like you, I want the best for you" condescension is a massive Gamma tell.

Once again, the main thing this person seems to miss is the fact that (as Vox rightly said), the Darkstream is about Vox. It's Vox's domain. He is the Supreme Dark Lord there, not the elected representative; he's the sovereign. The "community" are people who follow Vox and want to hear his thoughts. That doesn't make it a democracy.

These unsolicited essays also remind me of the important Gamma trait that a Gamma can never fathom that he truly is a Gamma. The narcissism won't allow that level of self-awareness; not without spontaneous evolution to something more like a Delta.

Blogger Kiwi December 01, 2019 4:28 PM  

Hilarious! I don't have a high IQ, but for some strange reason I am fairly well tolerated by those that do, as in those with an IQ similar to VD. I suspect I'm their gauge for what normmies think like, the canary in the mine. I note that they talk in a similar way to VD and would presume they wouldn't be overly put off by seeing the darklord do it too. They would never write an email like this. Their emails are more likely to be only a few words and probably in the headline.

I have also asked some of them what they think of this Vox guy, whether he's fudging it with wordsmith above my head, kind of a free peer review. Interestingly, none watch him, but do seem to be aware of his books, eg SWJ and about his publishing background. They think he's "ok", kind of like getting the go ahead from parents that a movie is suitable to watch. The reality is a lot of really smart people are just busy working on their own thing, as they should be.

Oh, how do I know their IQ? because it seems to be compulsory that I know.

Blogger JamesB.BKK December 02, 2019 9:20 AM  

That was funny. When you ban somebody I never get offended but this fellow seems so. Is that a red flag too? Maybe just the white knight habit but not looking to score with ball busting feminists in training. All those other 10 Vox Days that we later were told are immaterial and irrelevant are just like the original model and also the opposite wrt key traits.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts