ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2019 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Friday, February 07, 2020

When Churchians church

It's never all that difficult to distinguish the Churchians from the Christians, even when they are in the pulpit:
I finally got around to ordering Created To Be His Help Meet when my marriage seemed to be falling apart. I had really thought I was honoring God in my relationship toward my husband, yet I felt like I was living in prison, with him as my jailer. I couldn’t put the book down. It was just so liberating. I finally understood what God meant for me as a wife to be like, and I loved it....

Two Sundays later, our pastor stood in the pulpit and said that he was banning Created To Be His Help Meet from the church members, because it was too divisive. He said if we owned one, we were to throw it away. We were shocked. He has never banned church members from watching X- or R-rated movies. He has never banned anything, so why a simple marriage book?

After church, we asked our pastor what was in the book that was not right. He told us it was not because the book was not Scriptural, but because it was divisive, and therefore not good for the church body. My husband told him our marriage had been almost over, but because I had read Created To Be His Help Meet, we are more in love than we ever were.

Our pastor admitted he had not even read the book, but that several women had come to him insisting that he ban the book because it causes conflict. Are a few women going to decide what the rest of us are ALLOWED to read? If they don’t like it, we will not DEMAND that they read it, so why do they DEMAND that the rest of us not be ALLOWED to read it?
Churchians are to religion what cuckservatives are to politics. They will only ever shoot at that which is nominally on their own side, but is too "extreme" or "racist" or "divisive". They are the original wolves in sheep's clothing.

This church now knows everything it needs to know about their "pastor". He is not fit for church leadership and should be removed from the pulpit and expelled from the congregation at the earliest opportunity.

Remember, Jesus came to cause conflict. Jesus explicitly said that he came to divide people. Anyone who opposes the very concept of conflict or divisiveness is obviously and observably on the other side.

Labels: ,

126 Comments:

Blogger Jim February 07, 2020 7:43 AM  

Ah yes, the body. What was Jesus' position on the body again?

"If your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than to have two hands and two feet and be thrown into the eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to fall into sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell."

Truly, we must do nothing to hurt the body!

Blogger Azure Amaranthine February 07, 2020 7:51 AM  

Better to live in interesting times than to be ruled by weakness.

Although the latter is an excellent means of arriving at the former as self delivering crow food.

Blogger Gulo Gulo February 07, 2020 7:52 AM  

This remind me of a quote from my now deceased pastor: “ If the gospel seems offensive thats good, because its meant to be.”
When my first marriage was falling apart, we went to him for counseling. After asking my ex wife a couple of questions about how she treated me and her submission in general and then witnessing her hostile reaction, he says “ Mrs gulo gulo, you have a real rebellious spirit. Until thats acknowledged , theres no point in continuing with counseling”
My ex refused to go back.
He was a rare pastor with an unyielding love for the Truth of God.

Blogger Shane Bradman February 07, 2020 7:59 AM  

There are some religions that are too loyal to their own crowd, but for all the trouble that loyalty can cause, it's a far, far better alternative than casting out active members of the religion for activities that do not contradict the religion.

Blogger VD February 07, 2020 8:13 AM  

it's a far, far better alternative than casting out active members of the religion for activities that do not contradict the religion.

That's observably untrue. And in most cases, those activities directly contradict the religion, but the actors have redefined the religion.

Blogger Bucephalus February 07, 2020 8:19 AM  

Isn’t religion at its truest form supposed to be divisive? Either you believe or you don’t ;thou shalt not etc. of course it’s divisive because there are parameters. That’s what makes it beautiful.

Blogger thechortling February 07, 2020 8:25 AM  

What does SpaceBunny think of this particular book?

Blogger Monotonous Languor February 07, 2020 8:35 AM  

Anything that even hints of anti-inclusive ideas must be declared anathema and cast out by a zealous feminist priesthood... the Heresy of Sentimentalism has struck again!

Blogger David Ray Milton February 07, 2020 8:39 AM  

Great share.

It’s interesting that the woman found it “liberating” to serve her husband and God. Many women think the cubicle will be liberating though it will be a servanthood with a different end. For women, servant hood is freedom and fulfillment. You are loving your wife when are assertive enough to steer her towards the former path and keep her away from the latter path.

Blogger furor kek tonicus ( if you're going to call down the lightning, best not flinch when the thunder rolls ) February 07, 2020 8:41 AM  

Shane has to have a reason why preaching Liberation Theology hasn't been getting priests defrocked.

Blogger Scuzzaman February 07, 2020 8:42 AM  

Yep. The spirit divides. You cannot serve God and mammon. Can two walk together lest they be agreed?

Scripture is full of this “divisiveness”. Paul calls it warfare.

The pastor in question is a liar, fraud, and traitor.

Blogger Ron Winkleheimer February 07, 2020 8:48 AM  

I'm in shock that the pastor thought he had the authority to tell the congregants what they could and could not read. If I ever heard that from the pulpit I would tell my wife we are leaving, and would then we would walk out.

Blogger Lazarus February 07, 2020 8:58 AM  

Mrs gulo gulo, you have a real rebellious spirit.

She was just TRYING to (((heal the world)))!

Blogger Sargent.matrim February 07, 2020 8:59 AM  

If you are not being divisive, it's because you are not taking a stand on anything.

There is a negative divisiveness caused by immaturity. We all know what this looks look.

But if you are speaking truth properly it by definition divides, between those who accept it and those who don't. Those who can bear it, and those who oppose it.

The word of God isn't compared to a sword for no reason. It cuts and divides between the joints and marrow.

Blogger Robert Browning February 07, 2020 8:59 AM  

The conflict in its barest form is "who rules"? The civilized human being or the animal. Is there a point at which the civilized man must fight the animal? And how does the civilized man fight, with reason or like an animal? I say the civilized man fights with reason and reason must be expressed.Freedom to express is necessary for the civilized man to fight like a civilized man.

Blogger thalios February 07, 2020 8:59 AM  

The comments at Goodreads are briefly entertaining. I find it interesting that the book has 4 stars, but the majority of the reviews on the first page have 1 star. The games the play...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/124820.Created_to_be_His_Help_Meet

Blogger Shane Bradman February 07, 2020 9:01 AM  

>in most cases, those activities directly contradict the religion, but the actors have redefined the religion
Redefining a religion is contradictory to all monotheistic religions. The Muslims are particularly defensive of people trying to sneakily subvert their religion.

Blogger Carlos Carrasco February 07, 2020 9:08 AM  

The complaint about divisiveness drives me nuts. What part of the 'wheat and the chaff,' 'the sheep and the goats,''the wide way and the narrow path,' and not to mention 'the saved and the damned' don't they understand?

Blogger Maniac February 07, 2020 9:11 AM  

"Are a few women going to decide what the rest of us are ALLOWED to read?"

Yeah, pretty much been that way since the 60's.

Blogger Mom February 07, 2020 9:21 AM  

Similar reaction here in a pretty conservative assembly of God church in midwest. Never heard much of "don't go to that movie or read that book", but this book that I started a women's Bible study around? A reaction that shocked me! Some friends had me over for a "talk", the pastor's wife came to the study to explain that it was bad, they had a special womens weekend with a speaker who was going to explain how it's *really supposed to be (although given a couple of personal invitations/phone calls, I declined to go). I was just shocked. If we're called to serve everyone as Christ calls us to, wouldn't our husbands at least be in this group. I couldn't understand it at all. Still don't. It had an interesting ending - after all that fuss, there was the big annual womens convention that a lot of the women went to. Guess who the speaker was? Candace Cameron Bure (star in 'Full House' tv series) - she shared how reading and following 'Created' saved her marriage and brought her husband to Christ!
The Pearl's book 'To Train Up a Child' is probably even more hated, but for those who want to raise up good and godly kids, it's excellent.
Debi's newest book 'Create a Better Brain Through Neuroplaticity' is facinationating. A lot is covered, but it's a good one for parents to read to learn how to help their kids reach their fullest potential.

Blogger Scott February 07, 2020 9:28 AM  

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Blogger Dan in Georgia February 07, 2020 9:36 AM  

My ex wouldn’t even go to counseling when I asked her to. She just wanted ME to go. As far as speaking to the pastor in private with me, she refused that too.

Blogger Crush Limbraw February 07, 2020 9:42 AM  

This letter and Vox's comment will be archived in DaLimbraw Library. It will join this post - https://crushlimbraw.blogspot.com/2020/01/what-will-it-take-for-christians-to.html?m=0 - from last Friday.
No punches pulled!

Blogger swiftfoxmark2 February 07, 2020 9:56 AM  

Gotta love how it's the rebellious women of the church who insisted that the pastor ban the book.

Because they are miserable harpies and wish to stay that way.

Blogger Uncle John's Band February 07, 2020 9:57 AM  

Modernism has been very effective at inverting moral outrage. The replacement "morality" is solipsism or do what thou wilt, or freedom or whatever. The harpies have no problem condemning a book that expects Christians to conform to a Biblical notion of marriage, and not because its divisive - they're lying - but because it doesn't toe the equalist line. The churchian pastor would rather pacify desire than stand on Christian principle.

Cuckservatism and churchianity are both forms of modernist moral inversion. It's why they share the stink of brimstone.

Blogger cecilhenry February 07, 2020 10:11 AM  

My parents are shocked to discover that their liberal virtue signalling minister of the past 20 years is now full on board with the ordination and approval Of LGBT ministers in the Presbyterian Church of Canada (which is being voted on this summer for approval)


They are upset the minister never warned them about this when this agenda has been going on for over 5 years in the church leadership conferences.

I've been warning them for 15 years that the ministers (a husband wife couple) preach Churchianity and 'social' justice, NOT Christianity.

NOW they are shocked.

I've tried to make them understand that if THIS is the iceberg at their doorstep now, what ELSE has been going on RIGHT NOW that is going to be another iceberg of destruction at their doorstep in a few years.

And why has their minister NEVER warned them???


The reason: because they are complicit.

Blogger Warunicorn February 07, 2020 10:32 AM  

Bucephalus wrote:Isn’t religion at its truest form supposed to be divisive? Either you believe or you don’t ;thou shalt not etc. of course it’s divisive because there are parameters. That’s what makes it beautiful.

Shush, Bucephalus. Gotta have fee-fees and all that. lol

Seriously, you listen to these people and you'd think there wasn't a place where there was the wailing and gnashing of teeth. Everyone gets a hug! xD

Blogger Blume February 07, 2020 10:36 AM  

@Shane Bradman, preventing people from reading a book that tells women to submit to their husbands sounds like contradicting their religion to me.

Blogger VD February 07, 2020 10:51 AM  

What does SpaceBunny think of this particular book?

I find it extremely amusing that you think either of us would ever read any sort of self-help, therapy, or relationship book. We read history, literature, and genre fiction, not pop culture relationship stuff. If we have a single book like that in anywhere in our very large multilingual library, it's because a guest left it here.

Blogger Zorlig February 07, 2020 10:53 AM  

Those complaining women need to be kicked out too

Blogger M. Bibliophile February 07, 2020 11:22 AM  

Censure and excommunication are two of the oldest tools of the Church. It's time to make use of them again.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd February 07, 2020 11:23 AM  

That book got my wife's attention. She had read the same sentiments in the Bible and ignored them, but when she read them in that book, she acted on them, and is much happier for it.

Blogger furor kek tonicus ( if you're going to call down the lightning, best not flinch when the thunder rolls ) February 07, 2020 11:50 AM  

17. Shane Bradman February 07, 2020 9:01 AM
The Muslims are particularly defensive of people trying to sneakily subvert their religion.




mmm hmmm. why'nt you try telling the Shia and the Sunni about how they aren't subversive to one another?

if i were to choose a flavor of Islam, it would of course be the Bobist variant.

https://infogalactic.com/info/B%C3%A1bism

Blogger CF Neal February 07, 2020 11:52 AM  

Hey, I got some books that prolly need ditching; a couple by JOSHUA HARRIS.

Blogger Akulkis February 07, 2020 11:54 AM  

"There are some religions that are too loyal to their own crowd, but for all the trouble that loyalty can cause, it's a far, far better alternative than casting out active members of the religion for activities that do not contradict the religion."

Mr. Bradman, what you’ve just written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this page is now dumber for having read to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A deacon or priest is obviously an active member of a religion. So if a Christian deacon or priest starts worshipping idols or even Satan, during the middle of a church service -- according to you, such an individual shouldn't be kicked out of the church.
How about murdering members of the congregation -- as long as the murderer is a sufficiently "active member" of the religion, that's just perfectly fine, right?

Blogger Nathan Hornok February 07, 2020 11:55 AM  

@30 Zorlig, 100% agree! I guarantee this is not the last of the problems that will be caused by these women, both in their own family and in the Church family. Pray for their unfortunate husbands! I'm so disgusted at how feminism has rendered the church impotent to address any sin in women. I've personally witness several families be destroyed by these type of women while their church impotently stands by, unable to stop it because they were hoodwinked by the woman's deceit during the early warning signs.

Here's a clue for you pastors out there, if you ever hear a women claim her husband is "emotionally abusive," immediately stop listening to her and tell her she must repent of her sin of slander and rebellion toward her husband and by inference her rebellion toward God.

Blogger KPP February 07, 2020 12:25 PM  

As many churches, even so-called conservative ones, have abandoned the Biblical restrictions against women preaching, teaching, and having authority over men, they have nothing to replace it with but compromise with the larger culture's ideas about the roles of men and women.

They have no choice but to demonize the traditional view and twist it to align with dominant modern ideas. Once they've allowed the modern ideas to set the standard, they have no choice but to condemn clear Biblical teaching.

The saddest part is, all of the things that women say they want from their husbands, family, and relationships can't be obtained from the replacement paradigm. It can only deliver dissatisfaction, unhappiness, and a weakening of the bonds between husband and wife. Only by faithfully submitting to doing things God's way can save the woman from the envy of feminism and the bitterness of life it brings.

Books like Debi Pearl's are the one area where the Scriptures give free reign for women to teach as outlined in Titus chapter 2: "Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled."

Women who do not embrace this calling from God are one cause of the world spitting on God. Men who enable it by failing to stand by Biblical counsel are accessories to the blasphemy. May God have mercy on those who embrace this Satanic, worldly, feminist-influenced doctrine and grant them repentance.

Blogger David Ray Milton February 07, 2020 12:32 PM  

@Nathan Hornok

I hear what you’re saying, but realize that feminism was allowed to come into being by men. Women are often only as feministic as you allow them to be. I’m not claiming that women are not free moral agents, but where there is a strong woman, there is usually also a weak man. Pray for their husbands indeed...

Blogger Revelation Means Hope February 07, 2020 1:17 PM  

Akulkis, if the religion in question is Christianity, based on Biblical standards, then your examples are absurd. Even a member actively campaigning for a pro abortion candidate would be expelled by Biblical standards.

Then there are the admonitions to flee porn from Paul, and stop all gossip from James and Peter. Or treating our bodies as a temple and avoiding unhealthy activities. Pretty soon our pews will be empty.

But they would fill back up if we hold to standards in love and not hate. Fasting and praying before sitting down with the member and holding the standards to them. Dealing with the emotional backlash that can go on for months as they realize you are serious and will not compromise.

Guiding and reinforcing the pastor and his family. Frequent meetings with other leaders. Much sacrifice of personal time and resources. Going to and leading the boring committee meetings to bar churchian heresies and reinforcing those who stand for the right. Being like Nehemiah, and refusing to let enemies entice you down off the wall. Refusing to take your eyes off Jesus after He calls you to walk on water.

Not much fun, but plenty of joy, and hope and satisfaction. Our enemy is unrelenting but so is our Master.

Blogger Rory February 07, 2020 1:20 PM  

The spirit of Leviathan is alive and well

Blogger lazarus long February 07, 2020 1:39 PM  

This brings to mind yeserday's National Prayer Breakfast speaker, Arthur Brooks. He spoke of the "crisis of contempt" plaguing America, insisting the enemy is not "evil" or "stupid", the whole time crooning in that same saccharine tone that outs every churchian seminary preacher who can't help but preach in that fake, wormtongue voice.

We may well see a resurgence in more structured Catholic and Orthodox churches if this goes on; I watch this same hen-peck gossip-bomb activity plague small protestant congregations repeatedly, and the whole thing just seems gay and feminized after awhile.

I'm convinced the neo-calvinist movement acts almost exclusively as a vehicle for installing progressive infiltrators into American Christianity. See Jonathan Leeman's new book; it's all about reconciling Democrats and Republicans within the congregation.

Blogger Zaklog the Great February 07, 2020 1:44 PM  

For any of the Ilk who are interested, Dissident Reads will be tackling G.K. Chesterton’s The Man Who Was Thursday next. We’ll be starting next Saturday & reading & discussing 1 or 2 chapters a week. If this sounds interesting, please join us. The more the merrier.

Blogger Fuzzums Wuzzums February 07, 2020 1:44 PM  

Do protestants have communion? If not doesn't that mean they're to Christianity what Odinists are to the Norse Gods, just a bunch of LARPers?

Blogger Dangeresque February 07, 2020 1:44 PM  

Churchians gonna church.

Blogger Doktor Jeep February 07, 2020 1:45 PM  

The question in my head is, did those complaining women actually read the book or were they acting as change agents and told to complain about it.
This cucking of the church and the means by which it appears coordinated and intentional is too much to ignore. We should not boomeristically fall for this "they just need to be educated/debated/talked to" fallacy. There are people who despise us all and seek our destruction and every one of our institutions. It's not beyond them to fake concern and offense at every turn when it is so effective.

Blogger SirHamster February 07, 2020 2:08 PM  

Pastor: Books that are divisive are forbidden and must be thrown away.

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

The Bible is the ultimate divisive book.

What else can cut your soul?

Blogger Akulkis February 07, 2020 2:13 PM  

Revelation Means Hope wrote:Akulkis, if the religion in question is Christianity, based on Biblical standards, then your examples are absurd. Even a member actively campaigning for a pro abortion candidate would be expelled by Biblical standards.

Then there are the admonitions to flee porn from Paul, and stop all gossip from James and Peter. Or treating our bodies as a temple and avoiding unhealthy activities. Pretty soon our pews will be empty.


You don't indulge your felllow worshiper's sin, you CORRECT it. And if they refuse to at least make an effort to mend their ways, then they became the rotten apple in the barrel, which is how churches get destroyed. "well, you let Fred do X and Sally do Y, why can't I do Z?" and end up like the Lutherans with GBLTBBQWTF (mis-)leaders, or the Roman Catholics and their pedophile-appeasing homosexual "pope."

People who sincerely want to worship God will follow HIS instructions.

Jesus never said, "Make sure you can get as many seats filled as possible!" To the contrary, he said that his followers will be hated.

If you're trying to make sure your church is as big as possible, through leniency, then you're part of the "Churchianity" problem specifically addressed in Vox's OP.

[$1 (@) 1$] <= Here's a dollar -- go find a homeless wino and see if he'll sell you a clue.

Blogger Akulkis February 07, 2020 2:18 PM  

"Do protestants have communion?"

Are you truly that unaware? Of course we do.

I swear, so many Catholics seem like Windows users -- they don't know anything outside of their own little prison of self-contradictory torment, but they're absolutely sure it's God's personal gift to Christianity/Computing.

Blogger Scott February 07, 2020 2:19 PM  

There is a room in the house where the wife can force her husband to do what she wants.

It's called the prayer closet.

Blogger Akulkis February 07, 2020 2:20 PM  

@45 Doktor Jeep

You're right on the mark.

Blogger Newscaper312 February 07, 2020 2:44 PM  

@ Nathan Hornock
Feminism as leaked into the popular culture through psychobabble talkshows have convinced women of this:
1) Wife chronically bitching and nagging corrosively or other more passive-aggressive behavior
= "Communicating her unmet needs".
Husband blows his top after all this and shouts or even cusses
= "psychological abuse"

Blogger Scott February 07, 2020 3:03 PM  

Thank you for the opportunity to do a bible study on communion.

After reading my bible (kjv), it's clear I should expect my church to serve communion around the passover in remembrance of Christ.

Thank you!

Blogger Ransom Smith February 07, 2020 3:12 PM  

Do protestants have communion? If not doesn't that mean they're to Christianity what Odinists are to the Norse Gods, just a bunch of LARPers?
Do you want me to start heating up the tar and get the feathers?
Because I might if I hear some unnecessary Catholic sniping.

Blogger CarpeOro February 07, 2020 3:30 PM  

@Akulkis

Even Windows users can find the site "let me google that for you". Fuzz is simply letting us know they aren't tall enough for the ride.

Blogger liberranter February 07, 2020 3:33 PM  

Would love to see a follow-up from the writer cited in the OP as to whether she and her fellow congregants tarred, feathered, and ran this churchian pastorbator fraud out of town on a rail.

Blogger Crush Limbraw February 07, 2020 3:43 PM  

Typical sermon on Mother's Day: "Honor Your Mother!"

Typical sermon on Father's Day: "Fathers, Honor Your Wives!"

That was a running joke we had in a church long ago.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd February 07, 2020 3:43 PM  

Fuzzums Wuzzums wrote:Do protestants have communion?
Of course. We share bread and wine in remembrance of the new covenant, and the broken body and blood with which Jesus purchased it. Does the Roman Church do that?
Scott wrote:After reading my bible (kjv), it's clear I should expect my church to serve communion around the passover in remembrance of Christ.
``Do this, as often as you drink it...'' I lean towards remembering and thanking Jesus with every meal.

Blogger bodenlose Schweinerei February 07, 2020 4:12 PM  

The complaint about divisiveness drives me nuts.

These are women after all (and probably Gammas too). "Getting along" is prized above all else, which is why any disagreement is handled with such vehement energy.

Blogger bodenlose Schweinerei February 07, 2020 4:14 PM  

like Windows users -- they don't know anything outside of their own little prison of self-contradictory torment, but they're absolutely sure it's God's personal gift to Computing

Are you talking about Microsoft employees? Cuz nobody else thinks that about Windows.

Blogger Akulkis February 07, 2020 4:15 PM  

Scott, it should be more often than that.

Blogger Akulkis February 07, 2020 5:06 PM  

"
Are you talking about Microsoft employees? Cuz nobody else thinks that about Windows."

Have you ever tried to get a windows user to use another other OS on his PC or laptop?

The only ones who are amenable to the idea are those who have used any non-Microsoft OS in the past.

Blogger Crush Limbraw February 07, 2020 5:09 PM  

Akulkis - you're touching on an equal opportunity affliction - presuppositions!
It affects every human being on Earth - Ingrained Presuppositions and Binary Thinking + Ignorance = Human Condition Lacking the Knowledge of God! Posted that in DaLimbraw Library yesterday - takes some reading - still learning it in my own life experience.
Cheers!

Blogger Scott February 07, 2020 5:20 PM  

The two selections of scripture that support communion in the KJV are Luke 22: 14-20

"14 And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him.

15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:

16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.

17 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves:

18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.

19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you."

And 1 Corinthians 10: 16

"The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?"

As a sola scriptura man, it's clear that I should expect communion to be celebrated at my local church around passover.

Church traditions may differ, but I prefer to follow the text (almost) solo scriptura.

It's interesting that Ominous Cowherd honors it by himself at every meal. I like the spirit of that.

Blogger RedJack February 07, 2020 5:31 PM  

@56.

Our current pastor gave a rather hard hitting Mother's Day sermon about the Biblical role of women, and how modern women are failing.

Lost about 10% of the congregation over it.

Blogger Bobiojimbo February 07, 2020 6:00 PM  

Test all things, and cling to that which is good.

Blogger Scott February 07, 2020 6:08 PM  

Anyway, it's interesting to me that Fuzzums Wuzzums puts such a strong emphasis on the importance of Communion and, I assume, the necessity of Communion being performed by an ordained Catholic priest.

As a riposte to the anti-protestant jibe - do Catholics teach about being born again? I ask, because Mormons (the church I was raised in) never mentioned it, and both Jesus own words as well as the rest of the New Testament make a big deal out of how important it is to be "born again".

Blogger JovianStorm February 07, 2020 6:10 PM  

Crowley and Marx are the 2 saints of Churchianism.

Blogger Loser in training February 07, 2020 6:26 PM  

A Christian cannot have an "ex wife", except if she's dead.
The "role" of women? Not sure what that means either -- it's certainly similar to the role of men, namely: "learn to be humble", "keep thy mind in hell, and despair not." These latter two are by the great Staretz Silouan, who lived on the Holy Mountain of Athos.

Blogger TheGhostlyOne February 07, 2020 6:54 PM  

Of course Protestants have communion.
Why start that?
Flaming faggots, molesters, and Nice Iowan Democrat Witches, ruling over how many Novus Ordo parishes, including the Patriarch of SJWs, and you gotta fuss about some Protestants?

Prudence should be revived as a Christian virtue.

Blogger KPP February 07, 2020 6:58 PM  

Scott Said: As a sola scriptura man, it's clear that I should expect communion to be celebrated at my local church around passover.

The Luke passage states that Jesus took the cup "after supper." It was something different from the Passover seder dinner, a new thing and not a part of the tradition. Passover is irrelevant to what he was instituting, it just happened to coincide with the meal as the last time he would be with his disciples.

I Corinthians has a boatload of instructions to correct the errors of that local church and the things they weren't handling correctly when they came together. It's a stretch to think that Paul is correcting their once-a-year gathering to celebrate the Lord's Supper. More likely his reference to "when you come together" is their weekly meeting on the Lord's Day.

Further, we can look to history to see what the early church practices were. The Didache, an early manual of Christian practice that predates some of the New Testament instructs early churches to, "On the Lord's day, after that ye have assembled together, break bread and give thanks, having in addition confessed your sins, that your sacrifice may be pure." It also contains prayers to go with the presentation of the cup and bread.

We know that early Christian practice included a meal; Pliney the Younger, a Roman governor wrote to the Emperor Trajan about the "crimes" of the Christians: "they were accustomed to meet on a fixed day before dawn and sing responsively a hymn to Christ as to a god, and to bind themselves by oath, not to some crime, but not to commit fraud, theft, or adultery, not falsify their trust, nor to refuse to return a trust when called upon to do so. When this was over, it was their custom to depart and to assemble again to partake of food--but ordinary and innocent food."

Whether the taking of the Lord's Supper was part of the communal meal or part of the earlier worship period is not really relevant. I think there is good reason to think that it was a weekly part of the worship of the early church. However, I don't think it's a dogmatic hill to die on.

I do think bringing back the weekly communal meal is a great idea.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd February 07, 2020 7:50 PM  

When I first read the account of the last supper, I figured Jesus was telling them to remember Him each time they ate or drank. Even if that wasn't His point, it still seems like a good idea.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd February 07, 2020 8:53 PM  

RedJack wrote:Our current pastor gave a rather hard hitting Mother's Day sermon about the Biblical role of women, and how modern women are failing.

That's a good pastor. Ours does something similar on occasion.
RedJack wrote:Lost about 10% of the congregation over it.
That's part of why you do it; those people were never really with you, anyway.

Run off the unbelievers, and you have more room for believers. It's like a building project, but cheaper and more to the point. I bet giving didn't fall off by anywhere near 10%, might have risen. Seat warmers don't build up the body, don't serve, don't give, don't do anything - at best. The worst of them do serve, as a way to worm their way into a place from which they can destroy.

Preach salvation through faith in Jesus, preach a little love and grace, preach a little fire and brimstone, and don't stint on preaching submission for wives and modest clothing and all the other things women and feminists hate. It keeps Satan and his SJWs away.

Blogger Fuzzums Wuzzums February 07, 2020 9:35 PM  

It's funny to me to see people here assume I'm a Catholic when I've been reprimanded in the past for sniping at Catholics.

"I think it means this", "actually it means this", "here it says this", "here it says another thing", "we're better because the other guys are worse", "here it says this but in this translation it says this", "here it says this but actually means this", "here it says this but we're doing this", etc.

If you want to win people over to Christianity you guys must realize that this whole smorgasborg of rationalizations on top of rationalizations just makes the whole faith smell like bullshit.

I am fully aware there's no such thing as communion in the protestant faiths because communion is defined as something that can only be performed by the Orthodox and Catholic faith. As such it is of course very important to those two (for some reason) therefore logic dictates that if you're a protestant you shouldn't put as much emphasis on it. Yet apparently protestants do so as well because suddenly it's very important to mimic what those other churches do (which you don't like).

Blogger SirHamster February 07, 2020 9:59 PM  

Scott wrote:It's interesting that Ominous Cowherd honors it by himself at every meal. I like the spirit of that.
Communion is not practiced individually. Ominous Cowherd didn't say he did it by himself. He has a family and I assume he is treating a meal together as a time of communion.

1 Cor 11:17-33 treats communion as a common and sacred activity that "proclaims the Lord's death until he comes."

There's no hard and fast rule on frequency, but one should remember the Lord more often, not less.

Blogger jkmack February 07, 2020 10:21 PM  

VD, I understand why you did the stream you did tonight, it was greatness. But PLEASE, Please! do a stream on this. I would put money that one of these women that complained about this book, were in some way, personally involved with this pastor, if not sexually, then the next closest thing. This has to end. I grew up in a baptist tradition, and anyone who has, knows the pressure to Baptise under that regime, but I never did, it did not seem right, it seemed like a used car salesman trying to pressure you into a sell. I figured if God wanted me like they described, I would get a nod like Abraham or David or something. So stupid. but not nearly as stupid as this every day type soap opera stuff, it is sad that women feel so entitled, and can do so much damage to themselves, due to our failures. very sad.

Blogger OvergrownHobbit February 07, 2020 10:32 PM  

Cheaper By the Dozen

An entertaining book that shows the scope, power, opportunity, and happiness available to an educated woman in the 1890s who is a perfect XO to her Captain.The

Mrs. Frank Gailbreath had 12 children.

Blogger Kat February 07, 2020 10:47 PM  

That pastor is ridiculous, but CTBHHM is still a terrible book. I'm a "repeal the 19th" believing, stay at home, homeschooling mom, who says that Debi Pearl is a nutcase. Her strongest points are in her practical suggestions, but her interpretation of the Bible is frequently just bewilderingly wrong. She also seems to believe, paradoxically, that men are heads of their households while positing most of the power in that marriage in the hands of the wife. Still, if your wives got something good out of that book, and it improved your marriage then more power to y'all. Some people are more able than others to eat the chicken and spit out the bones. However, there are other, better, resources out there.

Blogger Akulkis February 07, 2020 11:02 PM  

"Lost about 10% of the congregation over it."

'And nothing of value was lost.'
-- Encyclopedia Dramatica

Blogger Bibliotheca Servare February 08, 2020 12:15 AM  

@RedJack

Dang, he pulled a "Father's Day Sermon" on *Mother's Day*? He's got big brass ones. I like his style.

Blogger Uncompliant February 08, 2020 12:26 AM  

I don't know if this will help anyone trying to puzzle out marriage issues (particularly for women), but I'll offer this link and a somewhat long introduction.

https://captaincapitalism.blogspot.com/2019/10/the-shipyards-of-men.html

This is from among the various Manosphere blogs. Of interest here is his model of how marriage has changed over the last 75 years.

He has four types starting with the 1950s and earlier:

The oldest most-traditional concept was what he calls the "agent-team" relationship. Essentially, the man ("Agent") went out into the dangerous world while the woman kept the safe place, the resting and repair space. To quote: "In the olden days men were the agents, the battle ships, the fighter planes sent out into the field to do a variety of tasks. Defend the village. Fight the horde. Hunt the antelope. Till the fields. ... Work at the factory. Work at the office. ... Women were the equally-vital shipyards of men, repairing them as they came back to harbor. They would fuel the men with food. Keep a nice dockyard in good condition. Tend to any wounds or injuries men might have sustained in the field. And the vitally important morale booster of soothing men, being kind to them, loving them, and giving them an emotional and existential point and purpose to go back out into the field and do it all over again. This team-agent relationship formed naturally over the course of hundreds of thousands of years and it seemed to work pretty good with it culminating in nuclear power, flight, freedom, landing on the moon, medicine, ... "

Things changed (well, women changed). Women chose to pursue being agents themselves giving up the roll of "shipyards of men." Marriage become an "agent-agent" relationship. Think of a pair of lawyers being married. The agents at least were supportive of each other. Boomer generation.

Change continued. Gen X-ers experienced the "agent-competitor relationship" and now the Millennials and have the "agent-enemy relationship."

It is an interesting read. What type of wife are you for your respective husband? What type of wife do you want to be? Importantly, none of this has anything to do with being submissive.

Blogger CM February 08, 2020 1:25 AM  

Passover is irrelevant to what he was instituting, it just happened to coincide with the meal as the last time he would be with his disciples.

I seriously doubt that. While I might agree that communion should be more frequent than once a year, the Passover has a pretty explicit connection to Christ's death.

Blogger CM February 08, 2020 1:33 AM  

do Catholics teach about being born again

In what way? They read scripture and acknowledge the new creation in Christ in liturgy and hymn. "Born again Christian" is clumsy and inelegant and used by a group of Christian's who don't seem to put much thought into sanctity, symbols, or beauty. (I say as someone with a wonderful Baptist family who I love dearly)

Which is fine - there is more than one way to worship God.

Catholics also baptize adults. Not just babies and young children.

There may be issues with church discipline and spiritual discipleship, but the core theology isn't lacking.

Blogger Akulkis February 08, 2020 3:19 AM  

"I am fully aware there's no such thing as communion in the protestant faiths because communion is defined as something that can only be performed by the Orthodox and Catholic faith."

That is utterly insane.

It wasn't invented by the Roman Church.

It was instituted by Jesus at the Last Supper.

Now, stop being a moron.

Blogger Scott February 08, 2020 4:08 AM  

All I can offer is my own experience, having been "born again".

Conviction of my sins, and the understanding that Jesus Christ paid my debt. Accepting this, followed by a religious experience where I was filled with love and light. Euphoria. I felt like I was weightless and being lifted off of the ground.

The only term in the Bible that fits what I went through is being "born again" and "sealed with the holy spirit".

Blogger Shane Bradman February 08, 2020 5:57 AM  

@28. That's what I'm saying. I don't think Christian women reading a book about how to be a better wife is a contradiction to the religion, and nobody should be cast out for that.

Blogger RobertDWood February 08, 2020 7:17 AM  

She's on Twitter. Go ask her. Don't cry when you get blocked for this type of gamma radiation.

Blogger Blume February 08, 2020 8:55 AM  

The women being cast out were the women forbidding the entire rest of the congregation from reading the book. The book banners weren't advocating banishment. That was us.

Blogger Fuzzums Wuzzums February 08, 2020 10:16 AM  

Akulkis wrote:It wasn't invented by the Roman Church.

I never said anything of the sort. Catholicism is a schismatic faith born from Orthodoxy which is the original Christian faith. Both these faiths can perform Communion because its practice can only be performed by the Church founders, the people who were literally there at The Last Supper.

Protestants cannot perform the sacred rite because their churches were not founded by anyone Jesus knew personally. It says so in the Bible: "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

Bitch.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd February 08, 2020 11:01 AM  

SirHamster wrote:Communion is not practiced individually. Ominous Cowherd didn't say he did it by himself. He has a family and I assume he is treating a meal together as a time of communion.
I suppose when I'm eating alone, thanking God is saying grace. Or communion with God.

Blogger lazarus long February 08, 2020 12:29 PM  

Both this story and this thread demonstrate profoundly what repels sane people from Christianity today

Blogger RedJack February 08, 2020 1:44 PM  

He did a "Father's Day" sermon on Mother's day.

My bride actually enjoyed it a lot. I did to. Most Mother's Day sermons are about how wonderful Mother's are, and how much respect we should give the. Most Father's Day sermons are about duty and how men are failing it. The sermon was about how divorce, single mother's, and such have damaged the family. He did one on Father's day, along the same line but that was received just fine.

This culture worships the vagina. From demanding free contraception and access to infanticide to making everyone pay for such things, it is a sign of a sick and dying culture.

Blogger James Lovebirch February 08, 2020 2:29 PM  

@85

Nice, I didn't read your comment that way at all, and I guess many others were like me. Now it makes sense.

Fuzzums is really flaunting his millenialness here:

https://members.babylonbee.com/news/man-led-to-christ-after-christian-in-comments-section-declares-him-total-moron

Blogger SirHamster February 08, 2020 3:16 PM  

Fuzzums Wuzzums wrote:Both these faiths can perform Communion because its practice can only be performed by the Church founders, the people who were literally there at The Last Supper.
No one alive was literally there at the Last Supper.

Guess no one can do Communion then.

Blogger Fuzzums Wuzzums February 08, 2020 5:47 PM  

SirHamster wrote:No one alive was literally there at the Last Supper.

Guess no one can do Communion then.


Don't be stupid. The Church was founded to pass down the holy sacrements through the divine right of the Apostles. By your logic nobody can be saved because Jesus is not alive as well.

Blogger Dace February 08, 2020 7:10 PM  

Jesus is alive!

Blogger SirHamster February 08, 2020 8:30 PM  

Fuzzums Wuzzums wrote:Don't be stupid.
I'm not the one saying obviously wrong and false things.

Learn to speak truth precisely and accurately.

By your logic nobody can be saved because Jesus is not alive as well.
It's not my logic. It's logic applied to your words.

Which of the people you have had Communion with was literally there at the Last Supper?

Don't be a false witness on how the Church works.

The Church was founded to pass down the holy sacrements through the divine right of the Apostles.
That may be, but no one alive today was literally there at the Last Supper.

Blogger Fuzzums Wuzzums February 08, 2020 10:51 PM  

SirHamster wrote:I'm not the one saying obviously wrong and false things.

Please point out to me where I was incorrect.

Blogger sammibandit February 09, 2020 3:11 AM  

Lutheran here. We do it every service. We're doing a churching tomorrow.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd February 09, 2020 11:50 AM  

@96, My understanding is that Romans, and perhaps Orthodox, hold the doctrine of apostolic succession, meaning that the original Apostles passed on their apostlehood to their proteges, and so on down the line until the present.

They take this a step further, then, and claim that this cannot happen outside their own denomination. This is another of those curiously self-serving traditions which increases the power of the donomination's priesthood and human hierarchy. Ultimately, it becomes their church, not Jesus'.

Jesus told Peter that the Holy Spirit had revealed Jesus' nature. That divinely-gifted faith was the rock upon which He founded His church. Apostolic succession? No, God creates another Apostle every time one of us comes to saving faith in His son.

When God tore the curtain in the Temple from top to bottom after Jesus' victory on the cross, he gave every believer direct access to Him through Jesus. A priesthood and human hierarchy encourages the believers to spurn that.

Blogger Poco February 09, 2020 4:25 PM  

divisive (adj): Someone that won't do what he's told to by the sh!++y cabal of scummy progressives that runs the culture into the ground.

Blogger Fuzzums Wuzzums February 09, 2020 4:29 PM  

Ominous Cowherd wrote:Jesus told Peter that the Holy Spirit had revealed Jesus' nature. That divinely-gifted faith was the rock upon which He founded His church. Apostolic succession? No, God creates another Apostle every time one of us comes to saving faith in His son.

And this line of thinking is why now we have sodomite-loving hippie Jesus, women priests, pedarasty, and cuckoldry. Who are you to say Jesus didn't reveal himself to some pedophile trans woman priest in a hijab?

You either have rules, or you don't. You either follow the Bible, or you don't. We know what the effects are of picking and choosing. Acting in ignorance is no longer an excuse.

Blogger SirHamster February 09, 2020 5:24 PM  

Fuzzums Wuzzums wrote:Please point out to me where I was incorrect.
You were asked a direct question.

Which of the people you have had Communion with was literally there at the Last Supper?

Blogger Fuzzums Wuzzums February 09, 2020 5:57 PM  

SirHamster wrote:Which of the people you have had Communion with was literally there at the Last Supper?

You are being willfully stupid. I already explained this to you, as did others. Let me copy-paste my exact words:

Fuzzums Wuzzums wrote:I am fully aware there's no such thing as communion in the protestant faiths because communion is defined as something that can only be performed by the Orthodox and Catholic faith.

Fuzzums Wuzzums wrote:Both these faiths can perform Communion because its practice can only be performed by the Church founders, the people who were literally there at The Last Supper.

Protestants cannot perform the sacred rite because their churches were not founded by anyone Jesus knew personally. It says so in the Bible: "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."


Fuzzums Wuzzums wrote:The Church was founded to pass down the holy sacrements through the divine right of the Apostles.

In the post I made that you are desperately trying to get me with I said both things: that communion can only be performed by the Apostles and Churches founded by said Apostles. The Church is a proxy of the Apostle and the priests are its representatives.

I don't know why you're acting like this. You're literally arguing against the law of inheritance and your own citizenship.

Heretic.

Blogger Sweet One February 09, 2020 11:50 PM  

What should be done with the SJWs who wanted the book banned?

Blogger SirHamster February 10, 2020 12:46 AM  

Fuzzums Wuzzums wrote:Heretic.
That's an interesting choice of answer.

You are not smart enough to play church police.

Fuzzums Wuzzums wrote:Both these faiths can perform Communion because its practice can only be performed by the Church founders, the people who were literally there at The Last Supper.
I quoted this when I engaged with you. You deliberately ignored the bolded words when you restated your case. Did you disown these words?

Fuzzums Wuzzums wrote:The Church is a proxy of the Apostle and the priests are its representatives.
When you last imagined that you had Communion, which Church founder was present at your Communion?

There are 12 Apostles for you to choose from.

According to your own church-ology, you could have simply answered, "Apostle X was literally there at my last Communion, because he founded Church Y, Z, etc, which founded my church. And of course he's alive."

You're literally arguing against the law of inheritance and your own citizenship.
You are wrong. Asking you a question is not an argument. I challenged you to elaborate your own position and you fled from it.

Calling me a heretic for asking you a question is plain stupid. The question should be easily
answerable from your position, and I just made an answer template for you.

For all your bluster of disqualifying other people from remembering Jesus's death on the cross, you don't even act like you believe it. I literally just put in more effort into thinking out your position than you bothered to.

In which case you should be a little less self-righteous and mind your actual business. God humbles the proud.

Blogger Fuzzums Wuzzums February 10, 2020 8:41 AM  

SirHamster wrote:Calling me a heretic for asking you a question is plain stupid.

I didn't call you a heretic to insult you. I called you a heretic as a matter of fact. Just so you have no more room to cower into semantics, I recant all my previous statements and now state the following:

Jesus gave the rights to perform the Holy Sacraments to the Apostles.
The Apostles founded the Church and through Apostolic Succession they transfer their rights to the Church and its representatives.
Protestants cannot perform Communion or any of the Holy Sacraments because none of their churches were not founded by any of the Apostles.
The Bible, specifically the New Testament, was written after the True Church was established. Therefore it is not a document that can be used independently of The Church to perform any Holy action, much like you can't use a map of London to navigate through China.

I did not make these rules, no matter how much you hate me for saying them. By their fruits you shall know them, and the True Church has survived for over two thousand years. Can you say the same for Protestantism?

SirHamster wrote:For all your bluster of disqualifying other people from remembering Jesus's death on the cross, you don't even act like you believe it. I literally just put in more effort into thinking out your position than you bothered to.

Let's assume I'm a non-believer. How come it's a non-believer who has to explain these facts to you? How come you cower into semantics instead of correcting my ignorance on the subject when I asked you to? I admit I'm indeed ignorant in Christianity, but now I strongly suspect you're not that much different.

What do you call someone who flaunts remembering Jesus' death on the cross but not Jesus' own words and commands?

A heretic.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd February 10, 2020 8:56 AM  

Fuzzums Wuzzums wrote:You either have rules, or you don't. You either follow the Bible, or you don't.
If your rules don't come from the Bible, then what? Then you get a converged, satanic hierarchy. That's the Roman church, some at least of the Orthodox, and many of the protestant denominations.
Jesus spoke out against following the traditions of men, but he never spoke against sola scriptura.

Blogger Unknown February 10, 2020 11:41 AM  

interesting how christians continue to go to third party sources to tell them what to do. How about you read the Bible and act on what the Spirit reveals to you. Christian publishing is a huge racket which exisits because pastors have abdicated their God given responsibilties to teach and preach the Gospel. The church looks more like a Tony Robbins seminar every day..

Blogger SirHamster February 10, 2020 2:27 PM  

Fuzzums Wuzzums wrote:I recant all my previous statements
Good.

Protestants cannot perform Communion or any of the Holy Sacraments because none of their churches were not founded by any of the Apostles.
And ... now you say Protestant churches cannot perform Communion because all of them were founded by some of the Apostles. Right after saying that Apostle-founded churches are able to perform Communion.

If you have this much trouble writing what you mean and making it self-consistent, you need to avoid writing about sacred matters. Don't be a false witness, and definitely don't speak falsely of the Church and Jesus.

I did not make these rules, no matter how much you hate me for saying them.
I don't hate you. You lack the precision of thought and words to be doing what you're trying to do.

Maybe you can improve. I think you would need to be shamed into humility, first.

Let's assume I'm a non-believer. How come it's a non-believer who has to explain these facts to you?
You haven't explained anything yet. You recanted everything you wrote and then tripped over your own words, again.

I expect you will need to recant this post, too.

I am not treating you as an unbeliever, by the way. Those who proclaim Jesus as Lord belong to him, and it is not my business to drive any away from Jesus Christ.

How come you cower into semantics instead of correcting my ignorance on the subject when I asked you to?
I am not cowering. I am engaging with you. I pointed out your words that I took issue with, and you recanted them.

Your recantation of your words means I succeeded in communicating where you needed correction. Unfortunately, you made new errors in your latest post.

I pointed your errors for your benefit and the benefit of others.

I admit I'm indeed ignorant in Christianity
How long have you been a believer?

If you are a new convert, you do not have any business telling others how to be Christian. You are a newborn who must mature and develop spiritual discernment through immersion in Church life.

If you have been Christian for a while, ignorance means you are acting like a baby when you should have already matured into an adult. Repent and do what you are supposed to do.

What you are supposed to do does not involve making faulty statements about the Church on a blog.

Blogger Fuzzums Wuzzums February 10, 2020 6:14 PM  

Ominous Cowherd wrote:That's the Roman church, some at least of the Orthodox, and many of the protestant denominations.

Roman Church is open for discussion but Orthodox Churches have been standing strong for over 2000 years. There's a reason why Muslims (who pray to the same God) respect the Orthodox faith. There's a reason why they feel entitled to burn down other Churches.

Unknown wrote:How about you read the Bible and act on what the Spirit reveals to you.

This kind of stuff truly bothers me. Now the Holy Spirit has to reveal Himself to me just because my dumb ass can't follow a bunch of rules put forth 2000 years ago?

Revelations are closed. Saying otherwise makes you a heretic. Saying the Holy Spirit has revealed Himself to you makes you a crazy person in the Orthodox faith, and a heretic in communion with Satan in the Catholic faith.

When Jesus said (in the Bible) that revelations were sent for the Church, which protestant Church was he referring to?

Blogger Yukichi Sensei February 10, 2020 6:51 PM  

This pastor is a coward, and looks like a gamma. He is unfit to serve God's people as a shepard.

Lord help us all. We need more men who stand up to women. Just have some intellectual and moral backbone.

Blogger Akulkis February 10, 2020 10:22 PM  

"Protestants cannot perform the sacred rite because their churches were not founded by anyone Jesus knew personally. It says so in the Bible: "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.""

You understand your line of reasonsing is insane, right?

And not a single pilot or grounds crewman in the Air Force is a legitimate member of the armed Forces of the United States because not a single general at the founding of the US Air Force personally saw General George Washinging in the flesh.

Blogger Akulkis February 10, 2020 10:31 PM  

Sheesh

@Fuzzums Wuzzums

Every time I read one of your comments, my opinion of what could be the upper limits of your IQ declines.

You're not tall enough for this ride. There's some nice motorcycle-looking things that go around in a circle, attached by an arm to a central pole, with blinking lights and making neato "Bzzt! - Bzzt! - Bzzt! - Bzzt!" noises continuously while in motion.

Blogger Akulkis February 10, 2020 10:41 PM  

"Jesus spoke out against following the traditions of men, but he never spoke against sola scriptura."

I would go further than that. Jesus epitomized Sola Scriptura. All of his questions which confounded the evil arguments of the Pharisees begin with a recitation of relevant scripture form the Old Testament. Not one is based on novel interpretation, "logical arguments," church law, or anything other than the scriptures which existed at the time.

Not once did he refer to any traditions, not even the ones which were in existence BEFORE the Babylonian captivity and the Talmud.


Many Protestant sects follow that exact example, with the New Testament being the primary reference source, and if no answer can be found, then reference to the Old Testament. If there's no answer in either, then it's not a religious issue.

Blogger Yukichi Sensei February 10, 2020 11:03 PM  

@43 Many Protestants have at least occasional Communion, with Anglicans doing it the most. I do not see how orthodox churches do not win this in the end. Less of us, but stronger faith.

Blogger Yukichi Sensei February 10, 2020 11:30 PM  

Fuzz, literally the whole argument for the change of canon for the Catholic church in the last 200 years, which has fundamentally broke with traditional and Biblical warrant was done on the Holy Spirit justification.

I am not a Papist, so its not my problem. But understand your church and its canons. At least the Pope has access, but the idea of Apostolic succession is that all Priests are invested with the Spirit. That is before we get to Marian Apparitions and Theology, which is also revealed.

Blogger Fuzzums Wuzzums February 11, 2020 4:33 AM  

Yukichi Sensei wrote:I do not see how orthodox churches do not win this in the end. Less of us, but stronger faith.

I didn't understand this comment. Was the double negative by mistake? If so I'll respond with: Orthodoxy sees people publicly flaunting their faith as uncouth. I don't think you can judge which faith is more faithful. Understand that the Church's roots in each Patriarchate go back thousands of years and is intimately tied with its nation. Can you call someone less American if they don't walk around with a gun in one hand, a flag in the other, and a burger in his teeth? Know that when an American converts to Greek Orthodoxy for instance in their mind they're like "ok but you're not greek". Same goes between Patriarchates.

Yukichi Sensei wrote:At least the Pope has access, but the idea of Apostolic succession is that all Priests are invested with the Spirit.

Looking back I think I have made a mistake in assuming @Unknown was talking about revelations in a Biblical sense rather than what he probably meant which is man seeing God's hand in the world.

Blogger SirHamster February 11, 2020 12:02 PM  

Akulkis wrote:Not one is based on novel interpretation, "logical arguments," church law, or anything other than the scriptures which existed at the time.
Agreed with your general thrust, but on novel interpretation, Jesus's series on "You have heard it said ... But I tell you ..." is a counter-example.

Everyone missed the point until Jesus connected the dots.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd February 11, 2020 5:25 PM  

Fuzzums Wuzzums wrote:There's a reason why Muslims (who pray to the same God) respect the Orthodox faith.
Fuzzy, are you saying that the Orthodox are praying to Satan? I don't believe this is true.

Or are you saying that the mohammedans are worshiping the God who has a Son, Jesus of Nazareth, who is His equal? If you choose this option, the mohammedans will want to kill you, because the koran specifically rules this out, and calls it blasphemy.

Allah isn't God the Father, according to the koran. Allah doesn't acknowledge Jesus as Lord, again according to the koran, so Allah is a demon, according to the Bible.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd February 11, 2020 5:38 PM  

SirHamster wrote:Agreed with your general thrust, but on novel interpretation, Jesus's series on "You have heard it said ... But I tell you ..." is a counter-example.
Is it really a counter-example? That's Jesus saying ``You thought that God's standards were as low as yours, but that's not so!''

Jesus tells them that murder ends with the spilled blood, but it doesn't begin there, and that beginning to end, God forbids it. That's all in accord with Matthew 22:35-40, where Jesus tells us that the Law and the Prophets are summed up by ``Love God and love your neighbor.''

Loving your neighbor means more than merely not shedding his blood.

Blogger Akulkis February 11, 2020 7:15 PM  

There's connecting the dots, and then there's twisting words.

The first is completing the thought.
The second is often used to justify doing the exact opposite of what the plain language says, (as if the Bible were meant to be a giant game of "Gotcha! Ha ha, I fooled you!"

Blogger Fuzzums Wuzzums February 12, 2020 8:45 AM  

Ominous Cowherd wrote:Or are you saying that the mohammedans are worshiping the God who has a Son, Jesus of Nazareth, who is His equal? If you choose this option, the mohammedans will want to kill you, because the koran specifically rules this out, and calls it blasphemy.

Allah isn't God the Father, according to the koran. Allah doesn't acknowledge Jesus as Lord, again according to the koran, so Allah is a demon, according to the Bible.


My knowledge of the Koran or Islam is barely superficial. Consuming some of their media and talking to some of them they do see the West as The Great Satan although they never seem to put Eastern Europe under this moniker specifically. I don't know if they're doing what americans do and either just ignore Eastern Europe even being there, or clump up Eastern Europe together with Western Europe.

I never heard of one instance of an Orthodox church being burnt or vandalized by muslim migrants.

Even so it's unfair to clump all muslims together. Turks aren't arabs aren't persians. There is far more sympathy and reverence for Jesus Christ in the Muslim world than in the Western world. How do you factor this in with Satan worshiping?

Blogger Ominous Cowherd February 12, 2020 1:09 PM  

Fuzzums, read sura 3 of your koran. It says that Allah doesn't have a son, and you must be killed if you suggest otherwise. Allah isn't our God.

Read 1 John 4 of your bible. The koran says that Jesus is a prophet, but NOT divine. Allah is satanic.

Blogger Fuzzums Wuzzums February 12, 2020 9:37 PM  

Ominous Cowherd wrote:sura 3

3. It is He Who sent down to thee (step by step), in truth, the Book, confirming what went before it; and He sent down the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus) before this, as a guide to mankind, and He sent down the criterion (of judgment between right and wrong).

55. Behold! Allah said: “O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.

Ominous Cowherd wrote:Allah is satanic.

You're full of shit. How does the command of following Jesus Christ result in Satanism?

Blogger Snidely Whiplash February 12, 2020 10:26 PM  

Fuzzums Wuzzums wrote:You're full of shit. How does the command of following Jesus Christ result in Satanism?


the falsehoods of those who blaspheme means "Christianity"
Mohammed denies that Christ is the Son.
Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son (1 John 2:22).
Many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh; any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist! (2 John 1:7)
You are the one full of shit. Islam is specifically sent by Satan to deceive and damn as many as possible.

Blogger Akulkis February 13, 2020 5:17 AM  

Fuzzums Wuzzums

With regards to Christ, the Moslem position is untenable.

The maintain that
1) Jesus is a prophet, but nothing more.
2) Ask any Moslem, "Can a prophet tell a lie?" and he will tell you, "No, a prophet cannot tell a lie."

3) Jesus states that he is the son of God. As a prophet, he must be telling the Truth. Yet while acknowledging Jesus as a prophet, the Moslems will say in the same breath deny he is the Son of God.

Therefore, Islam is self-contradictory.

Again, your statements in this blog lower my estimate of your best possible IQ even further.
At this point, my bet is that you're in the high 90's.

Also, realize that Mohammad clearly states that the entity dictating the Koran to him acknowledged himself to be a demon.

Salman Rushdie, a Moslem himself, called attention to this, in his book, "The Satanic Verses." No less than Ayatollah Khomeini (who was the most powerful mullah in Iran at that time) issued a fatwa of death upon Rushdie, causing him to flee to England and go into hiding until Khomeini died (thus ending the fatwa).

I suggest that you cease and desist from any further attempts to teach those who know these subjects far better than you. Your attempts to debate the subject reveal you to be either unceasingly stupid, or surprisingly ignorant for someone who writes with such an air of confidence.

A better path for you would be to ask questions.
LOTS of questions.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts