ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2020 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Tuesday, June 09, 2020

Mailvox: waking up to Churchianity

A new reader discovers that Churchianity is not Christianity:
I've been a reader of yours for maybe a year now, or a little more,whereas my wife has been a long time reader, so I'm fairly new to this. I would like to briefly share a bit of info with you that you may find interesting, I'll try to keep it short.

I was browsing my local news today just to see what stories they're spinning with the protests of late and I found a picture of our previous pastors protesting in our town for George Floyd, and they're not exactly hiding.

After getting out of a bad church I spent years in, me and my wife attended the church, Life Church, for around a year and a half and stopped attending over a year ago. The virtue signaling kicked up, the pastor started cherry picking scriptures for his shallow sermons, and we got tired of being pressured to give and tithe..which his wife railed on every single service. For the sake of brevity, that's about the jist of it all.

Not just this event, but my wife and I have seen many of our "christian" friends and acquaintances reveal themselves as churchians as of late. They'd rather virtue signal and would sooner shelter a foreigner from Somalia then care after their own. Yes, we experienced this first hand. They do not serve the good, the true and the beautiful, but themselves.

Anyone who continues to support this church is either ignorant of the evil of this, or willfully conceding to this wickedness.
A converged church is a wicked church that invents and condemns "sins" that are not sins while condoning actual sin. Racism is not, and has never been, and can never be, a sin, unless God Himself can sin. To claim otherwise is pure inversion. And only the wicked deem the separation of sheep and goats, of wheat and chaff, of truth and lies, to be evil.

If your pastor or preacher or priest is preaching this Churchian wickedness, call him out. And if the congregation will not cast him out, then it is time to leave.

The Bible warns that many who profess themselves to be Christians will be deceived. Now, do you truly not see the grand deception at work here? And ask yourself this: does the world hate or does it celebrate these brave anti-racist Churchians?

Labels: ,

121 Comments:

Blogger The Lab Manager June 09, 2020 8:38 AM  

I'm baffled how so many people rioting over the death of a criminal sack of waste.

Blogger Rek. June 09, 2020 8:55 AM  

I have been hammering my friends with this. We, as Europeans in Europe have a right, a biblical right to our blood and soil. God, is the Creator of all things and of all nations (Acts 17:26).

My friends dont want to hear it. And again I insist that God created all nations to no avail.

"But you are the only one saying that!" is their answer.

What am I doing wrong?

Also more specifically with regards to racism whats the proper way to articulate the Christian position?

Blogger Ominous Cowherd June 09, 2020 9:02 AM  

... we got tired of being pressured to give and tithe..which his wife railed on every single service.
His wife. Speaking in front of the church. That right there tells you that this is no Christian group.

Women are called to serve God; we all are. Women are specifically called to NOT lead.

Blogger FrankNorman June 09, 2020 9:07 AM  

Also more specifically with regards to racism whats the proper way to articulate the Christian position?

"Race" in the modern sense people use the word is different from how the Bible talks about such things.
In the Old Testament, nations and races are defined by common ancestry - all the Moabites are descended from an actual man named Moab, all the Benjaminites from Benjamin, and so on.

Now while God does keep track of such things, He also accepts anyone of any race into the body of Christ. Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.

Blogger Watchu talkin bout Willis June 09, 2020 9:07 AM  

Speaking of Churchianity...

https://www.reddit.com/r/blogsnark/comments/gzc1pb/rachel_and_dave_hollis_getting_divorced/

I've not read any of their books, but from what I've heard, and now this, I'm glad I didn't.

Blogger Wraithburn June 09, 2020 9:10 AM  

@2 Give them John 1:23, "He said: “I am ‘The voice of one crying in the wilderness: “Make straight the way of the LORD,” ’ as the prophet Isaiah said.”"

Blogger DiGi377 June 09, 2020 9:17 AM  

@Rek, much of the language, phrases, even the definition of words bandied around at the moment are coming from critical theory/intersectionality - a bunch of academic ideas rooted in cultural Marxism. Understand how these ideas have infected culture (which includes churches) and you'll be able to present your case better.

Blogger God Emperor Memes June 09, 2020 9:19 AM  

We are all descendants of Adam and Eve, so there is only one "race": the human race. However, there are many nations, peoples and tribes.
As Vox (and many others) has pointed out, God set the boundaries and times for the nations, and when those boundaries are broken there is always war.
If your friends want to prate about racism, ask them if they truly believe what the Bible says. If they respond in the affirmative, show them Acts 17:26.

Blogger Antony June 09, 2020 9:22 AM  

Here is a vid you may like by Coach Red Pill/Gonzalo Lira on Invisible Enemies - reading out a letter by an ex papal nuncio - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__XHoTCDcuQ&feature=em-uploademail

Blogger Pedro Rocha June 09, 2020 9:40 AM  

@2 there are some people that will not listen until the boot comes for their derrière. Invest more in rhetoric than dialectic.

Regarding racism idk. I just say that I'm racist and that is natural, and remark that they are also racist, but I'm the honest one.

Blogger Rhology June 09, 2020 9:47 AM  

Yikes; he didn't figure out that Life.Church is a hotbed of unbiblical ungodliness until they started going full virtue signaling? May God help him increase in his powers of discernment.

Blogger Barbarossa June 09, 2020 9:48 AM  

@2 You're not doing anything wrong. "Hear this, you foolish and senseless people, who have eyes but do not see, who have ears but do not hear." (Jeremiah 5:21) If Jeremiah himself couldn't get through to some folks, you aren't either.

Blogger Jose Miguel June 09, 2020 9:49 AM  

I know a black missionary quite well who knew George Floyd from when he lived in Houston. I get the whole black people protecting their own, even their own dirtbags. When I see the 2.0 Americans virtue-signalling though I see a lot of parallels with the curses God put on Israel in Isaiah 3 and 4 when they adulterated themselves with other gods.

@2 Rek

You aren't doing anything wrong. Look how Jesus responded to the gentile woman whom he literally called a dog, look to Joshua and the Torah for his drawing the boundaries not only of Israel but also Moab and Edom.

Look to Daniel 2:43 specifically, and the surrounding passage about the fate of a mixed people:

"And just as you saw the iron mixed with baked clay, so the people will be a mixture and will not remain united, any more than iron mixes with clay."

Tell them God will break them as a nation for trying to rebuild the tower of Babel, and for trying to undo the curse of Babel. Even my boomer priest stated Sunday in his homily that if anyone talks about unity that doesn't center around Christ, they must be opposed as Antichrist. And that political unity should not be supported at all until the King of Kings descends from on high.

Blogger Nostromo June 09, 2020 9:50 AM  

I too need help explaining it clearly and simply to someone who speaks english as her 3rd language. She speaks Arabic, and broken German, and broken English.

Blogger Cis Scum June 09, 2020 9:54 AM  

The question to be asked is this:

On the one hand you have Jesus telling you that the Christian thing to do is to love thy neighbor.

On the other you have the pastor telling you that the Christian thing to do is to love those from the other side of the world and to help them parasitise on your neighbor.

One is right the other wrong. So who is right, the pastor or Jesus?

Blogger Paulito June 09, 2020 9:56 AM  

@2 Rek. - General acceptance is NOT a sign that you're doing it right. In fact, it's the opposite. If you're doing it right, the general public, the "world", will hate you (love you less). If they love you more, you've gotten it exactly backwards. Also, you are not the only one saying that - even discounting others like me, the Creator said it and He doesn't change.

Blogger Gregory the Tall June 09, 2020 10:03 AM  

George Floyd's lawyer has written to the UN asking for their help in addressing systemic racism etc. etc. in the US police force. Once the UN sends in Somalians as Blue Helmets to fill the power vacuum left by US cities getting rid of their police departments Churchians will soon be finished for good.

Blogger Nihil Dicit June 09, 2020 10:04 AM  

It's the weirdest damn thing, this wildly popular idiocy that you can increase the "appeal" of whatever org you're part of by abandoning all the fundamental principles of said org, up to and including its original reason for being.

And ask yourself this: does the world hate or does it celebrate these brave anti-racist Churchians?

Tough call. They'll get a pat on the head for their "anti-racism", but still they'll be objects of hate for professing their "faith", fake as it is.

Blogger buzzardist June 09, 2020 10:05 AM  

Listen to their replies. They are not engaging in dialectic. They are not swayed by logic. “You are the only one saying that” is not a response to your argument, but an attack on you. It’s meant to isolate you, make you feel alone, make you seem weak to others.

What you need is some sharp rhetoric to pierce through the spells that they are under and that they are repeating.

To start, stop trying first to force what you want to say, but start listening to them. Get them to explain Acts 17:26. Have them define what a nation is. Ask them what nation they identify as being part of. Have them explain where they think race originated from. Why do races exist today? Why do nations exist? What purpose will nations and races serve in the future?

In answering questions like those, liberal-minded people will express dozens of spells that they are under. Those spells are all rooted in rhetoric, and they can be uprooted by superior rhetoric, which is to say, rhetoric that is true.

Blogger Unknown June 09, 2020 10:07 AM  

you are trying to use Dialectic on those who only respond to Rhetoric.

Blogger Akulkis June 09, 2020 10:08 AM  

>> "But you are the only one saying that!" is their answer.

>> What am I doing wrong?


Truth is not a popularity contest.

Blogger Cis Scum June 09, 2020 10:10 AM  

Also more specifically with regards to racism whats the proper way to articulate the Christian position?

The Christian position is that you are to love you neighbor and hate the enemies of God. The rest is up to you.

With regards to people from the other side of the world, you can love them, hate them or be neutral. Up to you.

Caveat. In Genesis God creates the nations and in Revelations they assemble by His side. As such God's plan is for the nations to reach the end times intact. Destroying other nations, either directly or by race mixing them into one big blob is sabotage of His plan and represents defiance of God's Will.

In short you can hate other nations if you want but destroying them is a big no no.

If your pastor is a big fan of race mixing he is trying to destroy the nations. That makes him a saboteur of God's plan and an enemy of God. The proper biblical attitude toward him is found in Psalms 138:22

Blogger David son of Mark June 09, 2020 10:11 AM  

The pastor of my church was addressing the recent events and mentioned that in the past he allowed a member of Black Lives Matter speak at the church. This must have been either before I joined or I missed that service because this was the first I heard of it. Time to change to a new church

Blogger Dean Haskins June 09, 2020 10:16 AM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger Out of Nod June 09, 2020 10:18 AM  

You aren't doing anything wrong. Your friends appeal to authority. They don't want to be responsible - a common problem in our churches. They serve the god called "feelings".

Trial is the only option - in the meantime, pray and continue to prepare yourself.

Blogger Cis Scum June 09, 2020 10:32 AM  

SDL, may I ask two questions regarding rhetoric:

1. Is this a good summary:

DIALECTIC = You are wrong.
RHETORIC = You are bad.

2. Is this effective rhetoric:

"Negrophilic Flagellants are atheists who think they are super duper smart because they don't believe in invisible beings.

Yet their cultural conditioning makes them adopt a Christian worldview. This synthesizes into them swapping out the spiritual elements of the Christian faith for real ones.

The crucifixion is replaced with slavery.

Original sin is replaced with racism.

Salvation is replaced with White submissionism.

Funny thing is they start out thinking they're super smart and end up on their knees, worshipping negroes.

Doesn't get any smarter than that."

Blogger d June 09, 2020 10:37 AM  

Depravity signaling; there's nothing virtuous about it, even if you're not doing so whilst professing you're Christian, or otherwise using the Lord's name in vain.

Blogger Mike E June 09, 2020 10:40 AM  

The obsessions regarding evil, sin, and morality
are all hallmarks of anti-christianity. Its seeds were sown 500 years ago. The converged church is the harvest.

Blogger John Rockwell June 09, 2020 10:40 AM  

Rek. wrote:I have been hammering my friends with this. We, as Europeans in Europe have a right, a biblical right to our blood and soil. God, is the Creator of all things and of all nations (Acts 17:26).

My friends dont want to hear it. And again I insist that God created all nations to no avail.

"But you are the only one saying that!" is their answer.

What am I doing wrong?

Also more specifically with regards to racism whats the proper way to articulate the Christian position?


Sure. However that verse also says that the boundaries of the Nations aren't fixed. And that there are alloted times and seasons for said boundaries.

Nations come and go. Many of the them destroyed for wickedness(Isaiah 63:3). Waxing and waning depending on God's Will and Man's desire to fight for his territory.

"Racism is not, and has never been, and can never be, a sin, unless God Himself can sin."

And what is subtle is that. While its uncalled for to consider other Nations to be "unclean" of which Paul rebuked Peter for when he encountered the Judaizers:
https://biblehub.com/bsb/galatians/2.htm

Or that to despise people of other Nations for being other Nations rather than the merit of their character. Given that all Mankind is made in the Image of God.

It tries to hijack that notion to refuse to acknowledge their characteristics both their strengths and their flaws. Or to hold them accountable. Which the Image of God ensures that they are to God.

The Image of God confers both Dignity and Responsibility to all Races on Earth.

Same thing with "Sexism" or any other "Ism"

Blogger Outis June 09, 2020 10:43 AM  

"Whereas my wife has been a long time reader" - this man has struck gold! I believe such women exist, but then again I also open my closet door every day hoping that maybe today is the day I get to visit Narnia. She is a rare good breed of lady, indeed.

Blogger Zeroh Tollrants June 09, 2020 10:49 AM  

Because the protests/riots HAVE NOTHING to do with him or any other dead blacks. 5his is a power grab by those who hate people and when they say they want justice what they are really saying is they want revenge. It's a punishment of whites. They want you dead and your children crushed.
What part of that is so difficult to understand?

Blogger Critias June 09, 2020 10:49 AM  

@2 This passage was posted here either by Vox or a comment, I kept the page marked:

Isaiah 1:4
"Alas, sinful nation, a people full of sins, an evil seed, lawless children. They forsook the Lord; they provoked to anger the Holy One of Israel."
Isaiah 1:6
"From the feet all the way to the head, there is no soundness in them, only wounds and bruises and festering sores. They have not been closed or bandaged or soothed with ointment. 7 Your land is desolate; your cities are burned with fire. Strangers take over your land in your presence and it is made desolate, overthrown by foreign people."

Good passage worth reading all of it.

Blogger Solon June 09, 2020 11:01 AM  

@2 re: racism

God created the nations, and their appointed times and boundaries (Acts 17:26)

He made us separate for a reason. (Refer to the story of the Tower of Babel)

We are not to give our daughters to foreign sons, or take foreign daughters for our sons. (Note Deut. 7:1-3)

The word "wall" is mentioned over 250 times in the Bible, always in the context of keeping foreigners out and your people safe/isolated from other tribes.

There is good reason to believe that the Seventh Commandment ("thou shalt not adulterize") has been mistranslated, and should actually say "thou shalt not adulterATE," meaning to mix with a baser material, i.e. racemix, although that one is ruined by the existence of eight thousand translations of the Bible. Use that one only if you have the Koine Greek and a Greek-to-Latin Vulgate dictionary handy. I recommend Oxford, because then they cant argue that the translator is incorrect without sounding idiotic.

The second-most used word in the Bible is "blood," in the context of keeping it pure and untainted. Corruption of the blood was what led to The Flood (if you accept the Book of Enoch as non-apocraphyl)

Your debate opponent will probably reference Galatians 3:28. Counter with the fact that that verse refers only to the spiritual realm and not the earthly one. The key words are "in Christ Jesus," so it says nothing about what is OUTSIDE Christ Jesus, meaning the material realm.

And above all, remember that your opponent is probably not actually interested in learning about what the Bible says, but rather is just looking to "score points" off of you. Dont cast your pearls before swine.

Blogger Salden June 09, 2020 11:04 AM  

I heard on an older post here that someone apparently got the whole confrontation with Georgey Boy Floyd on video or some other way. Anyone have a link to this?

Blogger Mr.MantraMan June 09, 2020 11:22 AM  

Even with all the White self abuse the Tower of Babel's foundation is giving away. No one taunt the Churchians with this observation that would be bad.

Blogger Crush Limbraw June 09, 2020 11:43 AM  

This seems to fit: "I don't bother trying to convince people of anything anymore. Anyone who believes in equality, or idea nations, or "judeochristianity" or thinks 400 years of involuntary exposure to civilization is an excuse for burning it down is nothing more than an enemy-programmed NPC." - now who said that?
http://voxday.blogspot.com/2020/06/extricate-yourself.html

Blogger Amigo June 09, 2020 11:51 AM  

I entered "Is racism a sin into a search engine and wow! The world sure thinks this is a problem, mostly by whites btw. And most of what I read base their arguments on James 2:1-9 and the sin of partiality. Odd the example given in James is about treating a rich person better than a poor one, not about different ethnicity.

Blogger Stryker4570 June 09, 2020 11:54 AM  

@ 5 Whachu talkin bout Willis "For I hate divorce,” says the Lord, the God of Israel, “and him who covers his garment with wrong,” says the Lord of hosts. “So take heed to your spirit, that you do not deal treacherously.” I really loathe the smarmy way they both try to put a positive spin on it.

Blogger Shane Bradman June 09, 2020 11:58 AM  

You protestants have it easy. You can simply find another church which isn't in communion with Satan. For Catholics, we're reduced to chasing the Latin Mass and for most people it's not available. There is one parish in my state that does the Latin Mass so I'm lucky. Even for protestants, I can't stress enough to stay praying in Latin as much as you can. The Devil hates Latin.
Do not waste time trying to convince Judas priests how wrong they are. Publicly denounce them once you know what they are. If there are any faithful still going to their churches, which is doubtful, you need to help them get out.
Never apologise for being a Christian and never back down.

Blogger Stryker4570 June 09, 2020 11:59 AM  

Solon @33 The Galatians 3:28 passage is dealing in the context of salvation and who can be saved. Churchians often quote it against Paul's prohibition on women in the ministry. This bullshittery and sleight of hand is SOP for churchians.

Blogger Shane Bradman June 09, 2020 12:01 PM  

Too complicated, bad rhetoric.
"They're on their knees praying to black skin, not to God."

Blogger bramley says "Enoch was right" June 09, 2020 12:12 PM  

Spot on.

Evidence:

Bishop of Leicester

Bishop of Dover

And so on ad infinitum.

Blogger Tetro June 09, 2020 12:30 PM  

The Russian-Faith.com website has just posted a short article about St. Vincent of Lerins.

"... wrote the Commonitorium, where he concisely laid out the rule Christians must follow in order to distinguish the true faith from heresy, namely, that the true faith is that which has been held "everywhere, always, and by all."

His work had great success in the West, and it is still one of the most reliable guidelines for the Orthodox faith."

Blogger Tetro June 09, 2020 12:41 PM  

Shane Bradman wrote:The Devil hates Latin.

Stop fetishizing Latin. St. Jerome's translation of the Greek into the... vulgar form of Latin, hence the 'Vulgate', was not even considered all that great by his contemporaries. The 'Latin' that papists fetishize came long after the Greek and is quite literally the vulgar, or lower, form of Latin. How this translates into some language superior to all other which the Devil hates is pure myth-making. Especially in comparison to Greek, which was considered to be a far more advanced and refined language than any other, even by Latins. Which makes sense considering the advancements in philosophy, medicine, etc., which pre-Christian and even pre-Roman Greek civilization had achieved. Which is also why the very founding myth of Rome connects its founders to Greek Civilization, why all the elites of Rome considered themselves descendants of Greeks, who spoke Greek and not plebian Latin, etc., etc. If you want to fetishize a language as a Christian, it should be Greek.

The Devil loves Pride. Pride in Latin and forcing it on the entire world for the sake of some Babel-like 'unity' works fine for him. Which is somthing the Apostles never did. They sought to translate everything into the vernacular and into local languages as much as possible, as accurately as possible, of course.

Blogger Tetro June 09, 2020 12:47 PM  

Cis Scum wrote:with regards to racism

The proper Christian position with regards to 'racism' is that it does not exist and is a complete chimera. No one on this entire earth has ever hated and wanted to genocide anyone else merely because of the pigmentation of another's skin.

Because it doesn't exist, it is the perfect mind-altering boogeyman who can then exist anywhere and everywhere. To see this boogeyman, you must be actively searching for it. Once you do, you can then enter un-reality by hyper-analyzing everything until you DO see it everywhere. Then you have been properly zombified and you will find racism everywhere and anywhere and under your bed as well.

Christianity is about stripping oneself of delusions and reconnecting with Reality. 'Racism' is quite literally unreal. No one ever in the history of earth has hated and wanted to murder or genocide another person or their entire peoples merely because of a different skin tone.

Never. Ever.

Blogger W Molders June 09, 2020 12:48 PM  

I link the below letter to share and be an encouragement that not all have been converged in the church. Some, such as Vigano, recognize the dark influence in the church as well. https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/archbishop-viganos-powerful-letter-to-president-trump-eternal-struggle-between-good-and-evil-playing-out-right-now

Blogger Shane Bradman June 09, 2020 1:08 PM  

There were three languages on the Cross. Hebrew, Greek and Latin. Latin is our tradition as Europeans. What are you trying to accomplish by downplaying it?

Blogger Valley Forge Patriot June 09, 2020 1:18 PM  

FYI, here is a link to a video showing a pre-Vatican II Roman Catholic mass. It was filmed on Easter Sunday, 1941, so it is pre-WWII as well. It is almost 1 hour long, so schedule your time accordingly. Please note the respect to God the priests exhibit. You do not see that today.

https://youtu.be/R6AOvStZS64

Blogger DannyDanger June 09, 2020 1:46 PM  

@2 - How about a one/two punch with the Tower of Babel story juxtaposed with the "if my wife and I move to Japan, at what point do we (or our children) become Japanese?" line of reasoning. The former clearly shows uniting the nations is an abomination to God. The latter shows that nations are composed of people and not ideas.

Blogger kennymac June 09, 2020 2:10 PM  

@44 I read somewhere that the reason why "the devil hates Latin" is because of the "INRI" sign posted on Jesus's cross. No idea if that has any merit or not, but that's the explanation I was given as to why Latin is so hated by Satan and his minions.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 09, 2020 2:12 PM  

Tetro wrote:St. Jerome's translation of the Greek into the... vulgar form of Latin, hence the 'Vulgate',
"Vulgar" in Classical Latin does not mean "lower", it means "popular".
The Vulgate was translated into the common language of the Empire, not the academic language which characterized the writing which was subsidized by pretentious Roman snobs.
Like the difference between Chesterton and James Joyce.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 09, 2020 2:17 PM  

Tetro wrote:Which is somthing the Apostles never did. They sought to translate everything into the vernacular and into local languages as much as possible,
Examples, please. I can't think of a single case of an Apostle translating the Gospel from Greek.

Blogger Tetro June 09, 2020 2:20 PM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:Examples, please.

Examples abound in Holy Tradition. Saints Methodius and Cyrill, for one. As far as I know, there is no record of Saint Thomas telling his converts there they had to stick with the Greek, hence their traditions that use Malabar and local languages even in their liturgies. Would you like more?

What's more is that here we are speaking about Greek, not Latin. So, my point is proved.

Blogger Tetro June 09, 2020 2:30 PM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:Empire, not the academic language which characterized the writing which was subsidized by pretentious Roman snobs.

Ah, yes, the 'snobs' with those big words and precision in speech and thought? Ah yes, those snobby Greeks who had words to describe concepts most other peoples had not even thought of yet, much less had entire subsets of vocabulary to describe?

You further prove my points. Vulgar Latin was just that, the less refined form of Latin that peasant peoples across the Empire were attempting to speak whilst using their own native tongues. Many were already mixing the two and had their own 'vulgar' form of Latin. Like a pidgin Latin, a simplified and therefore more brutish, less refined, 'vulgar' Latin. One decidedly less refined, precise, and complicated than Old Latin.

That you don't see this simple logic is typical of Papists because you've fetishized your 'vulgar' Latin as some sort of idol, of God's Chosen Language.

Blogger Tetro June 09, 2020 2:31 PM  

Shane Bradman wrote:What are you trying to accomplish by downplaying it?

Strawman. I am down downplaying Latin but merely exposing your idolization of Latin which is part and partial to Papism propaganda.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd June 09, 2020 2:34 PM  

Shane Bradman wrote:The Devil hates Latin.
That must be why Jesus's Apostles wrote in Greek.

Blogger Ransom Smith June 09, 2020 2:48 PM  

Even for protestants, I can't stress enough to stay praying in Latin as much as you can. The Devil hates Latin.
I'm pretty sure he knows Latin well enough to hate it no more than another mortal human tongue.
The utterance of the spirit is the language which most angers Satan.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 09, 2020 2:51 PM  

Tetro wrote:Saints Methodius and Cyrill, for one. As far as I know, there is no record of Saint Thomas telling his converts there they had to stick with the Greek,
Lots of Saints translated the Gospel. You said Apostles. You assume Thomas translated, based on what? Why, the lack of information itself. Good to know we've got a mental giant here.

Tetro wrote:Strawman. I am down downplaying Latin but merely exposing your idolization of Latin which is part and partial to Papism propaganda.
No, you're not downlplaying Latin, you are using Latin as an excuse to attack the Church. Because any stick, no matter how malformed and inapt to it's purpose, is good enough to beat a dog. This is undoubtedly the stupidest attack on the Church I've seen in forever. Congratulations.

Tetro wrote:You further prove my points. Vulgar Latin was just that, the less refined form of Latin that peasant peoples across the Empire were attempting to speak whilst using their own native tongues.
The purpose of translating the Gospel was not to admiration of the elite. You're arguing at cross-purposes to yourself here, but you're too dumb to notice.
Vulgar Latin dropped some of the excruciating and rarely used case structures of Latin. Not "less refined", neither "lower" nor less precise. It does make it less complex, and makes it easier to learn.
Is English "less refined" or "lower" than Russian, because Russian has 10 cases and English only shadowy vestiges of 2? Is English a pidgin fit only for peasants because it's a mix of Welsh, German and French?
Face it, you know NOTHING WHATEVER of language except as a prop to your lvdicrous arguments.

Blogger Leahn Novash June 09, 2020 2:54 PM  

> "But you are the only one saying that!" is their answer.

I'd have told them "So was Noah."

Blogger Leahn Novash June 09, 2020 3:02 PM  

You're too short for this ride.

Blogger Leahn Novash June 09, 2020 3:07 PM  

Hey, we found the herege. Are you proud of your way of twisting the scriptures? Does it ever fool anyone?

Blogger Leahn Novash June 09, 2020 3:10 PM  

Not whites. (((Whites))). Every Single Time.

Blogger Leahn Novash June 09, 2020 3:21 PM  

He's not wrong though. You know a person has lost an argument when he's down to discussing semantics. When you said "lots of saints translated the gospels but you said apostles" it means you knew he was right and now you're left to twisting words to avoid admitting it. That the early church did not stick to Latin is enough to put your myth to rest.

Blogger Tetro June 09, 2020 3:23 PM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:Lots of Saints translated the Gospel. You said Apostles. You assume Thomas translated, based on what? Why, the lack of information itself. Good to know we've got a mental giant here.

You really want to get started with this? I'm already running circles around you.

As a Papist, you are now denying that Holy Tradition comes from word-of-mouth and from liturgical tradition, which hold as much Authority as Holy Scripture? Are you really denying this line of logic as being proof of what THE APOSTLES THEMSELVES TAUGHT? Because that's heresy. That is a denial of Holy Tradition and Apostolic Succession. You are right there. Want to step in it?

Blogger Tetro June 09, 2020 3:24 PM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:No, you're not downlplaying Latin, you are using Latin as an excuse to attack the Church.

Ok Karen.

Blogger Tetro June 09, 2020 3:26 PM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:The purpose of translating the Gospel was not to admiration of the elite.

You're reading level is that of a BLM jogger. Congrats.

Blogger Tetro June 09, 2020 3:28 PM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:lvdicrous

do you fap to script that uses a 'v' in places of the proper English 'u'? Would that be with pictures of your pedo-popes with their altar boys? Your heretical sect is the Faggot Church and part of AntiChrist and has been for 1000 years. Fags, everywhere. Well before Vatican II.

Blogger Outis June 09, 2020 3:40 PM  

It seems to me that the only ecclesial structure that can resist convergence is independent fundamentalist; the wandering, itinerant preacher who picks up followers as he wanders the earth in search of lost sheep - attracting enemies as well, where ever he goes. Everything else, whether it be Catholic, Orthodox, Anglican or mainstream Protestant is answerable to either a bishop, elders or committee of Pharisees. Despite my personal preference for the sacraments, tradition and a long history (ie. I'm Greek Orthodox), it appears the Faithful Man armed with just the Scriptures and the power of the Holy Spirit has the best shot at beating the spirit of the age. Funny how much this all resembles a portion of the Bible...

Blogger Mike Wallens June 09, 2020 3:45 PM  

Churchianity is pervasive. My wife goes to a Redeemer Church and the preacher sent out a Facebook Message last week of "Wake Up White People". Then they started off Sunday's service with a video of a black preacher from Sacramento basically telling all of the goodwhites that they are racist pos and "every privilege they have was built upon the backs of oppressed blacks". I told her to leave the church.

Blogger Skyler the Weird June 09, 2020 4:04 PM  

George Floyd is the Antifa Horst Wessel there just aren't any right wing radicals to fight the red front so the have to use cops as the enemy instead of Brownshirts.

Blogger Unknown June 09, 2020 4:07 PM  

Tetro wrote:Shane Bradman wrote:What are you trying to accomplish by downplaying it?

Strawman. I am down downplaying Latin but merely exposing your idolization of Latin which is part and partial to Papism propaganda.


I hope you guys keep going, as I want to learn both but not sure which would be better. Seriously. Plus it's amusing. I started learning Latin and found it fun and useful for improving English. CS Lewis said something along the lines of "Greek teaches word precision, Latin teaches syntax."

Blogger Edjamacator June 09, 2020 4:29 PM  

I swear, I'm getting viscerally disgusted by this cucked nonsense. What's next, building portable glory hole boards for their mouths with the words "any black guy welcome" written on the other side? Really, how far will they shove themselves down into the dirt groveling and simpering before their black masters? And they're doing just like Jesus said, so they get to feel oh, so self-righteous while debasing themselves.

I know how far I want to shove them into the dirt, but I'm sure they won't make it that deep themselves.

Blogger HoosierHillbilly June 09, 2020 4:34 PM  

@37 when partiality comes up, you ask about Titus 1:12-14. Awfully partial against Cretans. Downright racist to assign a particular people negative traits ain't it?

Blogger Stryker4570 June 09, 2020 4:42 PM  

Snidely@ 52 There is some evidence that the Gospel of Matthew was originally written in Hebrew and translated by Matthew or his disciples into Greek.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 09, 2020 5:00 PM  

Leahn Novash wrote:it means you knew he was right and now you're left to twisting words to avoid admitting it.
No, it means he wildly overstated his argument in a way he knew was a lie. I was not twisting words, Tetro was.

Tetro wrote:As a Papist, you are now denying that Holy Tradition comes from word-of-mouth and from liturgical tradition, which hold as much Authority as Holy Scripture?
The bolded part is a lie. That is the mere opposite of the consistent teaching of the Catholic Church. Don't lie.

Tetro wrote:You're reading level is that of a BLM jogger. Congrats.
People who criticize others' spelling should make sure to proofread.

Outis wrote:It seems to me that the only ecclesial structure that can resist convergence is independent fundamentalist; the wandering, itinerant preacher who picks up followers as he wanders the earth in search of lost sheep - attracting enemies as well, where ever he goes.
Joseph Smith would like a word with you.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd June 09, 2020 5:37 PM  

Outis wrote:... it appears the Faithful Man armed with just the Scriptures and the power of the Holy Spirit has the best shot at beating the spirit of the age.Snidely Whiplash wrote:Joseph Smith would like a word with you.
Joseph Smith had a spirit, but it wasn't holy. He wrote his own scriptures, neglected God's. He's not the counter-argument you were looking for.

Blogger Tetro June 09, 2020 5:48 PM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:People who criticize others' spelling should make sure to proofread.

Got me, good for you.

Blogger Tetro June 09, 2020 5:50 PM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:you are now denying that Holy Tradition comes from word-of-mouth and from liturgical tradition, which hold as much Authority as Holy Scripture?

That is no lie sir. That is both Roman Catholic and Orthodox dogma and the teaching of the Apostles and found in Holy Scripture. "Follow that which you have been taught by epistle and by word of mouth."

I won't accuse you of lying, but you are bearing false witness.

Blogger Tetro June 09, 2020 5:54 PM  

Leahn Novash wrote:That the early church did not stick to Latin is enough to put your myth to rest.

Exactly, thank you.

Blogger Tetro June 09, 2020 6:02 PM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:That is the mere opposite of the consistent teaching of the Catholic Church.

Laughable. You don't even know your own dogma. You're saying the Catholic Church doesn't teach and accept the authority of Tradition? Pray tell exactly then how you excute exegesis of Holy Scripture without Tradition? And how would you know if Pope-Fag Francis is or is not upholding the proper teachings of your sect without Tradition and the 'traditional' exegesis of Scripture as per your sect's particular exegesis?

Without Tradition you're nothing but a modernist, liberalized sect of Churchianity. Reject Holy Tradition and you've got no differences between you and the Prots, you don't even have a defense for Papism. It relies wholly on the claim that Holy Tradition AND Holy Scripture point to the Petrine Doctrine. That is the ENTIRETY of your Roman Catholic Faith. Without your heretical version of Holy Tradition, you have no support for your heretical interpretation of Holy Scripture. This is 100% the teaching of your church and the entire foundation of your apologetics.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 09, 2020 6:03 PM  

Tetro wrote:That is both Roman Catholic and Orthodox dogma and the teaching of the Apostles and found in Holy Scripture. "Follow that which you have been taught by epistle and by word of mouth."
So now you claim to know Catholic hermaneutics, ecclesiology and theology better than I?
You know how much you hate it when Atheists and (((our oldest friends))) tell you how to interpret scripture? That's what you are doing.
Catholic and Orthodox practice and doctrine have ALWAYS placed Scripture above tradition.
You sir, are an ignorant, illiterate boob, mewling in complaint against your betters.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 09, 2020 6:07 PM  

Tetro wrote:You're saying the Catholic Church doesn't teach and accept the authority of Tradition? Pray tell exactly then how you excute exegesis of Holy Scripture without Tradition?
So you don't know how to read for meaning? Sad.

Blogger Tetro June 09, 2020 6:10 PM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:You assume Thomas translated, based on what?

Based on a 2000-year tradition that the Thomas Christians of India use and have always used the local languages for worship and liturgies.

Where's the proof that they didn't and the Saint Thomas demanded they only use Greek? You can't produce that proof and they've been using their own languages since Thomas showed up.

Many such examples. Rome didn't try to force Latin on people until centuries after liturgies and Scripture had been translated into many local languages.

Are you retarded?

Blogger Tetro June 09, 2020 6:14 PM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:The bolded part is a lie. That is the mere opposite of the consistent teaching of the Catholic Church.

Not only is it NOT a lie, it is 100% your teaching and to deny it makes you 100% anathema in the Roman Catholic Faith. Quite literally the Roman Church (along with the Orthodox) claim (and are correct in claiming) that Holy Scripture was BORN OF Holy Tradition.

Holy Scripture is an outgrowth of Holy Tradition and at BEST is equal to Holy Tradition (which gives us proper understanding and exegesis of Holy Scripture), but by no means is greater in authority than Holy Tradition. Because without the proper exegesis and context which Holy Tradition gives to Holy Scripture, then you have no historically legitimate exegesis of Scripture which you can point to as being truly Apostolic and therefore Authoritative as from Jesus Christ the God-Man Himself.

You deny this, you're not Roman Catholic. You're a Prot.

Blogger Tetro June 09, 2020 6:16 PM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:So now you claim to know Catholic hermaneutics, ecclesiology and theology better than I?

I 100% know it better than you. You are proving that conclusively.

I am an ex-Roman Catholic. Clearly I understood and still understand the teaching of Rome better than you.

Blogger Tetro June 09, 2020 6:18 PM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:Catholic and Orthodox practice and doctrine have ALWAYS placed Scripture above tradition.

You sir, are an ignorant, illiterate boob, mewling in complaint against your betters.


100% false. I am Orthodox. Holy Tradition and Holy Scripture are EQUAL in Authority. If anything, Holy Scripture is secondary because Holy Tradition gave birth to Holy Scripture and secures a proper interpretation and application of Holy Scripture. Without Holy Tradition, you have exegetical chaos and anarchy, which is what Protestantism is.

Blogger Tetro June 09, 2020 6:20 PM  

You're one of the dumbest papists I've ever met. Wow. And poorly informed, even about your own dogma.

This is typical of papists though. Most don't even know their own dogma. Then they start lecturing about Orthodox dogma which they know jack all about.

Blogger FrankNorman June 09, 2020 6:44 PM  

Imagine if we could have a discussion about "churchianity" and how to escape it, without it descending into yet another scuffle between Protestants, Roman Catholics, and Orthodox.

Just imagine.

No Shane, the Devil doesn't hate Latin. What he hates is faith in Christ. If Latin is something that you emotionally connect with faith in Christ, then maybe the Devil hates your Latin, but there's nothing intrinsically spiritual about the language itself.

Adding made-up traditions to Scripture is the real problem here.

Blogger The Abe June 09, 2020 6:52 PM  

@18 - Tough call. They'll get a pat on the head for their "anti-racism", but still they'll be objects of hate for professing their "faith", fake as it is.

Yeah, I was thinking they mistake "tollerance" for accolade.

Most of us have reached that fork in the road between "churchianity" and Robinson Jeffers' obvservation "the cold passion for truth hunts in no pack" in our Christian walk.

If the gathering you attend is a Spirit filled and led fellowship, be grateful. If the forces of darkness turned your house of worship into a whitewashed sepulcher, flee before the putrid offal rubs off. Christ alone is the living tabernacle and the living temple. Steeples are archetecture and parking spaces are just modern conveniences. He will simply gather his flock in pastures greener and new.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 09, 2020 7:02 PM  

FrankNorman wrote:Imagine if we could have a discussion about "churchianity" and how to escape it, without it descending into yet another scuffle between Protestants, Roman Catholics, and Orthodox.
Don't blame me, I was calling him on his complete ignorance of Linguistics.

Blogger VFM #7634 June 09, 2020 7:11 PM  

I am an ex-Roman Catholic. Clearly I understood and still understand the teaching of Rome better than you.

@Tetro
Uh yeah... you're an ex-Roman Catholic who became Orthodox... okay... it would appear you know Catholicism a lot less than you think you do.

Actually you're not so much like an atheist or (((oldest friend))) mouthing off in ignorance, rather you're more like one of those newly-woke ex-Christians who've gone full retarded leftist, except without dumping Christianity.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 09, 2020 7:12 PM  

But Frank Norman is right. I'm calling an end to this one. I'll even let Tetro have the last, ignorant word.

Blogger A trite re-white June 09, 2020 7:24 PM  

At one point does one realize that logic just doesn't work? How bad do things need to be until to you redneck up and go full Big Bear?

Blogger Hieroglyph June 09, 2020 7:24 PM  

Quote on my local church billboard, I paraphrase: "We spread the word of God, not the virus". Yup, they closed for corona. My state Premier is a Karen, and we are still under lockdown-lite. But BLM protests still take place. As the kids say: smh.

Reading the MSM, which I do rarely, is now literally a painful experience. I mean it. My brain kind of 'swerves' away in avoidance, like the avoidance of psychological pain. That people continue to believe the relentless lies is curious. It's not about IQ either, I'm not sure what it is ...

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 09, 2020 7:40 PM  

Please don't post on for or against Tetro's Anti-Catholicism. It will just be deleted.
It's against the rules of the blog, and worse, it's boring.

Blogger Edjamacator June 09, 2020 7:47 PM  

Hieroglyph wrote:Quote on my local church billboard, I paraphrase: "We spread the word of God, not the virus". Yup, they closed for corona. My state Premier is a Karen, and we are still under lockdown-lite. But BLM protests still take place. As the kids say: smh.


Yeah, I've had people I know go back to church claiming that God would protect them from Corona during church. I don't recall that promise in Scripture, though. This is in one of the worst hit states. Hopefully He does, but to me it seemed a little like testing Him on something He didn't say.

And people believe relentless lies because it's easier, and because it appeals to their emotions. If they didn't accept what they were told, they'd have to start thinking for themselves and they don't like it. I've lost track of how many conservatives I've tried to steer here so they could learn something. There's simply no interest in learning, as it's far easier and more palatable to pride to believe they already know everything.

Blogger John Rockwell June 09, 2020 8:40 PM  

Solon wrote:@2 re: racism

God created the nations, and their appointed times and boundaries (Acts 17:26)

He made us separate for a reason. (Refer to the story of the Tower of Babel)

We are not to give our daughters to foreign sons, or take foreign daughters for our sons. (Note Deut. 7:1-3)

The word "wall" is mentioned over 250 times in the Bible, always in the context of keeping foreigners out and your people safe/isolated from other tribes.

There is good reason to believe that the Seventh Commandment ("thou shalt not adulterize") has been mistranslated, and should actually say "thou shalt not adulterATE," meaning to mix with a baser material, i.e. racemix, although that one is ruined by the existence of eight thousand translations of the Bible. Use that one only if you have the Koine Greek and a Greek-to-Latin Vulgate dictionary handy. I recommend Oxford, because then they cant argue that the translator is incorrect without sounding idiotic.

The second-most used word in the Bible is "blood," in the context of keeping it pure and untainted. Corruption of the blood was what led to The Flood (if you accept the Book of Enoch as non-apocraphyl)

Your debate opponent will probably reference Galatians 3:28. Counter with the fact that that verse refers only to the spiritual realm and not the earthly one. The key words are "in Christ Jesus," so it says nothing about what is OUTSIDE Christ Jesus, meaning the material realm.

And above all, remember that your opponent is probably not actually interested in learning about what the Bible says, but rather is just looking to "score points" off of you. Dont cast your pearls before swine.


Deuteronomy 7:3-4
3Do not intermarry with them. Do not give your daughters to their sons or take their daughters for your sons,

4because they will turn your sons away from following Me to serve other gods. Then the anger of the LORD will burn against you, and He will swiftly destroy you"


Again its not quite as you think that passage means. To keep the religious purity of Israel they cannot marry people of other Nations who are of other Faiths.

Ruth the Moabitess, Rahab the Canaanite which the Israelites were generally forbidden to marry.

Married into the Davidic Line when they threw away the Idols of their respective nations and adopted Israel as their people.

Moses also married an Ethiopian or Cushite Woman:
https://biblehub.com/bsb/numbers/12.htm

Which Aaron and Miriam criticized but God rebuked them.

Blogger John Rockwell June 09, 2020 8:41 PM  

Leahn Novash wrote:Hey, we found the herege. Are you proud of your way of twisting the scriptures? Does it ever fool anyone?

Jesus countered Scripture with Scripture. Show me how I am wrong.

Blogger Jehu June 09, 2020 8:44 PM  

In my experience, there's no escape from Churchianity in a church larger than about 150.

Blogger John Rockwell June 09, 2020 8:45 PM  

Jose Miguel wrote:I know a black missionary quite well who knew George Floyd from when he lived in Houston. I get the whole black people protecting their own, even their own dirtbags. When I see the 2.0 Americans virtue-signalling though I see a lot of parallels with the curses God put on Israel in Isaiah 3 and 4 when they adulterated themselves with other gods.

@2 Rek

You aren't doing anything wrong. Look how Jesus responded to the gentile woman whom he literally called a dog, look to Joshua and the Torah for his drawing the boundaries not only of Israel but also Moab and Edom.

Look to Daniel 2:43 specifically, and the surrounding passage about the fate of a mixed people:

"And just as you saw the iron mixed with baked clay, so the people will be a mixture and will not remain united, any more than iron mixes with clay."

Tell them God will break them as a nation for trying to rebuild the tower of Babel, and for trying to undo the curse of Babel. Even my boomer priest stated Sunday in his homily that if anyone talks about unity that doesn't center around Christ, they must be opposed as Antichrist. And that political unity should not be supported at all until the King of Kings descends from on high.


The Iron mixed with clay could also mean that in some places Tyranny is like Iron and other places its weak like Clay.

Even the previous Empires featured in the vision featured multitudes of diverse Nations. Yet they are wholly Gold,Silver,Bronze in their respective eras:
https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Daniel-Chapter-2/

Since its the worldwide Kingdom of the Anti-Christ. His hold is not as solid as the Roman Empire was over its territories.

Blogger VFM Bear June 09, 2020 9:43 PM  

Jehu wrote:In my experience, there's no escape from Churchianity in a church larger than about 150.

Is it at about that size that they form a women's auxiliary to help manage things?

Blogger Gianna June 09, 2020 9:58 PM  

Thank you for this link.

Blogger Glen Sprigg June 09, 2020 10:55 PM  

Leahn Novash wrote:> "But you are the only one saying that!" is their answer.

I'd have told them "So was Noah."

That is an awesome response. It might even stop them long enough for them to think. Not that I'd place money on it.

Blogger Paul M June 10, 2020 12:19 AM  

> we got tired of being pressured to give and tithe..which his wife railed on every single service

Ahh, the memories! A sure sign of a church that is in desperate financial trouble.

Blogger Jose Miguel June 10, 2020 12:19 AM  

@100 John Rockwell

Thank you.

@99 Jehu

In my experience, there's no escape from Churchianity in a church larger than about 150.

Same, seen quite a few nondenom churches I was a member of go bat***t insane once they get over 150.

@101 VFM Bear

Is it at about that size that they form a women's auxiliary to help manage things?

Yes in my experience. Women preaching kicks in reliably by 600. Can happen sooner in nondenoms, but by that point it's normalized. I've seen it even in what was an independent fundamentalist Baptist Church.

The Ortho congregation I'm apart of is north of 200 families, and amazingly isn't converged. Given the response to Covid, several of the younger married men including myself intend to get involved in the parish council stuff to do what we can to ensure our local congregations in particular and our archdiocese in general doesn't get "GOARCHed" or engage in cucked behavior. The Priests and Deacons are solid to wonderfully based, the boomers on the parish council are our concern.

Whether it be Rome, Ortho or Prot, we each have a lot of spring inquisitioning to do in our own houses. Male leadership is needed, and any man, especially if you got kids, need to get involved or form a based male hierarchy in the church, leading or serving as a delta to a based alpha/bravo to keep the sons of the lie out.

Blogger Tetro June 10, 2020 1:54 AM  

Jose Miguel wrote:Whether it be Rome, Ortho or Prot, we each have a lot of spring inquisitioning to do in our own houses.

Yes.

Blogger Akulkis June 10, 2020 2:25 AM  

>> Corruption of the blood was what led to The Flood (if you accept the Book of Enoch as non-apocraphyl)

Even without the Book of Enoch, the verses preceding the story of Noah building the Ark specifically identify a problem of corruption of blood by angels impregnating women.

Blogger Akulkis June 10, 2020 2:31 AM  

>> You protestants have it easy. You can simply find another church which isn't in communion with Satan. For Catholics, we're reduced to chasing the Latin Mass and for most people it's not available. There is one parish in my state that does the Latin Mass so I'm lucky. Even for protestants, I can't stress enough to stay praying in Latin as much as you can. The Devil hates Latin.

Or you could, you know, just find a church, regardless of denomination, which which the gospel is taught correctly and consistently, regardless of what the name is on the sign out in front.

Blogger Akulkis June 10, 2020 2:44 AM  

>> There were three languages on the Cross. Hebrew, Greek and Latin. Latin is our tradition as Europeans. What are you trying to accomplish by downplaying it?

The traditional language would be Greek.

This is yet another reason why I refer to your church as the ROMAN church (because it sure as hell isn't catholic (universal)). The other reason is that the Roman church perfectly mirrors the multi-theistic paganism of pre-Christian times, with your Saint A, the patron saint of ABC and Saint X, the patron saint of XYZ, and all the others, whom you pray to (necromancy) according to your problem instead of praying to God directly as instructed by Jesus, as exemplified by the prayer which you call "the Our Father," along with such heretical practices such as the prayer called the "Hail Mary"... whom absolutely NOT A SINGLE DISCIPLE told anybody to pray to, *EVER.* It's just Diana-worship with a new name.

If you want to be a CHRISTIAN, then try finding a church that worships Christ and God, and no others.

Blogger Akulkis June 10, 2020 2:46 AM  

>> Examples, please. I can't think of a single case of an Apostle translating the Gospel from Greek.

That's what the "speaking in tongues" was all about.

Blogger Akulkis June 10, 2020 2:54 AM  

>> CS Lewis said something along the lines of "Greek teaches word precision, Latin teaches syntax."

Which is why, until aroun 1970, most American universities required a year of study of BOTH languages.

Blogger Akulkis June 10, 2020 3:01 AM  

>> You deny this, you're not Roman Catholic. You're a Prot.

Strangely, as a protestant worshipper, I don't mind being called a "prot" by those in the Orthodox church as it's just straight up truth, but when coming from a Romanist, I find it to be quite hypocritical.

Blogger Akulkis June 10, 2020 3:08 AM  

>> Jesus countered Scripture with Scripture. Show me how I am wrong.

Jesus countered Talmudism with Scripture.

Usually his reply started with, "Is it not written ... "

Blogger Avalanche June 10, 2020 8:27 AM  

@12 "Hear this, you foolish and senseless people, who have eyes but do not see, who have ears but do not hear." (Jeremiah 5:21)

Excellent take on this confusing message here:

http://www.snowtao.com/family/daddy.htm#belief

Needless Doubt: Mark 4:2-24, 33-34
by Earl Snow June 10, 1979

...Isaiah 6:
...
{The Lord} said, "Go and tell this people:
Be ever hearing, but never understanding;
Be ever seeing, but never perceiving.
...

This changes everything. Jesus is now seen to have been quoting what God said to Isaiah. Before we can even guess what Jesus meant by the reference, we must attempt to figure out what God meant by His words to Isaiah.

Of course we have a paradox in Isaiah 6. It's as though you were to send someone a telegram saying "Ignore the contents of this telegram. Stop." On the one hand God is sending Isaiah to his people with a message, and on the other hand he is apparently instructing him to tell the people, "Hear but do not understand. See but do not perceive. Otherwise you might be healed."

Suppose, however, that God, who is extremely annoyed with his people in Isaiah 6, is being sarcastic. Then we have a situation which is familiar and understandable. Most of us have used sarcasm on our children, or had it used on us by our parents. It consists in saying the opposite of what you mean, and is another kind of metaphor. You are driving your father downtown, and you hit a hole in the road. He says, "There's another one down the road a ways. If you try real hard, you can hit that one, too," Or you say to your dare-devil 17-year-old at the beach, "That's right! Go ahead! Swim in that surf and drown yourself! Serve you right!" This is a kind of non-literal communication which we know how to interpret. And far down, sadly, we often know that our children are going to go right ahead and do what we are warning them against.
...

Blogger Avalanche June 10, 2020 8:56 AM  

@49 "at what point do we (or our children) become Japanese?""

THIS is an excellent rhetorical tool! I threw a very nice lady into deep confusion and, I hope, long thought, as I presented the futility of believing in "assimilation" and therefore accepting mass immigration.

"If you moved your family to Cambodia, how many years would it take before you felt your children were Cambodian? And, MUCH more important, how many years until the *native Cambodians*, whose country it is, felt your children were Cambodian?"

She prevaricated and tried to find an answer...

Then I added: "Cambodia is a Buddhist country; would you and your children convert to Buddhism, if you wished your children to assimilate and become Cambodian?"

Oh my! 4-alarm fire!

"I AM A CHRISTIAN! I would never ever become Buddhist!"

"Okay then, how can you think there is any assimilation POSSIBLE if you will not fully participate in the country to which you are trying to belong? And the obverse is true: none of the millions and millions of immigrants who swarm here are interested in, working towards, or willing to assimilate into our culture.

"Assimilation is a FALSE concept, meant to force you to allow the destruction of YOUR White Christian nation! Do NOT let people convince you that this is not the destruction of your nation!"

You can also throw in, later on: "Mexicans, and South Americans more generally, believe sex with girls as young as 12 is acceptable. When they come here in their masses, they do NOT give up that belief. They do not become good European-derived White Christians who think that is unacceptable. Should they be allowed to come here then?"

Blogger Avalanche June 10, 2020 9:12 AM  

@96 "claiming that God would protect them from Corona during church."

My late husband's first wife was offended when he slid a Derringer into his pocket when they went out. When he asked how she would protect herself from rape or attack, she said -- and apparently truly believed -- that God would send angels to protect her.

Blogger Dean Haskins June 10, 2020 10:10 AM  

What a cowardly, girlish, little christian you are, Voxy.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd June 10, 2020 10:56 AM  

Akulkis wrote:Or you could, you know, just find a church, regardless of denomination, which which the gospel is taught correctly and consistently, regardless of what the name is on the sign out in front.
The fact that the Romans - even the Christians among them - don't think that's an option tells me everything I need to know about their church.

Blogger John (not the pope) June 10, 2020 4:05 PM  

6 months he comes out as gay.

Blogger John Rockwell June 10, 2020 9:17 PM  

Akulkis wrote:>> Jesus countered Scripture with Scripture. Show me how I am wrong.

Jesus countered Talmudism with Scripture.

Usually his reply started with, "Is it not written ... "


Of course Satan used out of context Scripture to tempt Jesus. But Jesus still countered that with "It is Written" nonetheless.

Blogger Roger June 11, 2020 7:06 AM  

It is important to be in a church that is focused on scripture and not on other things that do not directly increase the membership's faith and understanding. The cohesion of the congregation is critical and that focus engenders it.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts