ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2020 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Wednesday, August 07, 2013

The dismay of the white liberal

As Brown America waxes in influence, its longtime white liberal allies are dismayed to discover that the minorities they championed never actually gave a damn about the liberal principles they espoused:
Here’s the Daily Kos founder on the Snowden revelations:

I don’t give a shit. Seriously, I just don’t care. NSA spying is bad! So is stop and frisk. So is splitting up families by deporting children to countries they’ve never been to and don’t speak the language. So is harassing American muslims.

Government overreach is bad. But to act like having the government track who you call is the height of government abuse is a very white privileged view of the privacy issue.

But as for Greenwald and Snowden? Seriously, I don’t give two shits.

Please, Mr. Moulitsas, tell us, what is the proper, non-privileged, multi-cultural view of the “privacy issue”? Is it one that stays within the confines of what’s allowed by the Democratic Party? Is it one that is relevant to the war on women, or voting rights, or immigration, but ignores the collapse of the rule of law and the justice system (which is far from a “white privileged” issue)?
Of course a Mr. Moulitsas doesn't give a damn about privileged whites such as Greenwald and Snowden.  They are not of his clan or a minority in a similar position. Imagine how shocked the white liberals are going to be when they find out their erstwhile allies don't give a damn about the equality, the environment, abortion, women's rights, or any of the Left's other sacred causes.  They never did, they merely went through the motions and mouthed all the right words in order to ensure themselves a place at the table.

The two-party system based on ideology is totally foreign to most non-Americans, who are accustomed to interest-based politics.  Now that minorities, real ethnic minorities, make up a significant part of the Democratic party, it should come as no surprise that they are beginning to reveal the true nature of their politics.  Because of this, don't be surprised when La Raza becomes an effective third party in California and begins to compete directly with the Democrats.

Labels:

185 Comments:

Anonymous 11B August 07, 2013 2:39 PM  

deporting children to countries they’ve never been to and don’t speak the language.

If it is wrong to deport children to countries they've never been to and don't speak the language, then isn't it also wrong to bring children to the USA when they have never been to the USA and don't speak English? Wouldn't it also be easier on the kids being deported that their parents are natives of that land and speak its language? It seems that is more humane than bringing in kids and parents to the USA when neither speaks English.

Anonymous JW August 07, 2013 2:40 PM  

Serves 'em right!

Anonymous Frederick303 August 07, 2013 2:41 PM  

The left likes to think of themselves as revolutionaries on race and culture against the forces of reaction.

Like all utopian revolutionaries, if successful, in the end be eaten by that they create

Anonymous hygate August 07, 2013 2:59 PM  

I would argue that ideological politics is as foreign to most Americans as it is to non-Americans.

The ideological under-pinnings of that political leaders use to justify their positions are of no interest to most of the electorate who vote purely on the basis of what is in it for them.

Anonymous Daniel August 07, 2013 3:00 PM  

Government overreach is bad.

Kos is just doing his Bush the Elder impression:

Not gunna say police state. It's bad! It's bad!

Anonymous Krul August 07, 2013 3:02 PM  

As Brown America waxes in influence, its longtime white liberal allies are dismayed to discover that the minorities they championed never actually gave a damn about the liberal principles they espoused

I don't see any expression of such dismay in the block quote. Just a typical example of a liberal squeezing one of their specious noncepts ("white privilege" in this case) into an unrelated context.

"Noncepts" - that was a typo, but I like it. Good shorthand for leftist "non-concepts" like "political correctness".

Anonymous Josh August 07, 2013 3:06 PM  

The self immolation of the left is going to be awesome comedy. Blacks vs Hispanics vs feminists vs gays. Smart white guys like dh will eventually have no home there.

Anonymous Sigyn August 07, 2013 3:07 PM  

But to act like having the government track who you call is the height of government abuse is a very white privileged view of the privacy issue.

Oh really?

The information being available is itself a function of "white privilege", being as white people invented telephones, computers, and the infrastructure they need to operate.

Has he ever complained that using white-people technology is necessary for non-whites to compete, and therefore is "white privilege" in its most condensed form?

...On second thought, I'm sure at least one of them has. Liberalism is like the Rule 34 of politics: If it exists, there is some leftist griping about how unfair it is to a minority.

Blogger Cinco August 07, 2013 3:16 PM  

Because of this, don't be surprised when La Raza becomes an effective third party in California and begins to compete directly with the Democrats.

We ought to be asking how we can facilitate this in order to make it happen more quickly.

Blogger buzzardist August 07, 2013 3:17 PM  

When La Raza does start running candidates and eating into liberal strongholds, expect, too, that the media will start describing La Raza as a "right-wing party." I mean, any ethnic group calling itself "the race" and gunning for political power must be racist right-wingers, mustn't they? Also cue the narrative about how Hispanics are being "deceived" into voting for this racist party that totally doesn't represent their best interests.

Anonymous Michael Maier August 07, 2013 3:23 PM  

Because of this, don't be surprised when La Raza becomes an effective third party in California and begins to compete directly with the Democrats.


and
We ought to be asking how we can facilitate this in order to make it happen more quickly.

Sounds like the quickest way to bring about a Republican majority to me too.

NOT that this is a surely good thing...

Anonymous Will Best August 07, 2013 3:26 PM  

I don't see any expression of such dismay in the block quote.

Kos's mother is from El Salvador. His father is greek.

Because of this, don't be surprised when La Raza becomes an effective third party in California and begins to compete directly with the Democrats.

This can't happen soon enough. If it happens in the next 5-10 years there will still be time to save the country.

Anonymous Krul August 07, 2013 3:28 PM  

Re: buzzardist,

Possible but I doubt it. Liberals are constitutionally incapable of describing non-whites as right wing, no matter how closely they resemble leftist stereotypes of the right (see Islam for evidence).

Blogger Doom August 07, 2013 3:33 PM  

buzzardist,

Yeah, I'm not so sure about the media. As with muslims, if the group is willing to crack a few heads, as in reporter heads, the narrative begins to change. Too bad white Americans have lost the backbone to go crack some heads themselves. Kumbaya, m.f., kumbaya.

Anonymous Carlotta August 07, 2013 3:37 PM  

WelI, I for one Welcome our Hispanic Overlords.

Anonymous earl ragnar cheddarman August 07, 2013 3:38 PM  

Because of this, don't be surprised when La Raza becomes an effective third party in California and begins to compete directly with the Democrats. - Vox

If we are lucky, they will human sacrifice the democrats en masse to the aztec gods

Anonymous Lulabelle August 07, 2013 3:42 PM  

"They are not of his clan or a minority in a similar position."

This.

Blood is thicker than water, and clan trumps culture. Very nearly in every instance.

Anonymous Steve August 07, 2013 3:50 PM  

"We ought to be asking how we can facilitate this in order to make it happen more quickly."

There's no need to ask. I know how it can be done. It's very simple,actually. All one has to do is argue that the welfare needs of the emerging illegal immigrant class far outstrip those of the resident black population.If Dhimmocrats say your idea is racist, turn around and accuse them of being racist, as well as cold-hearted and impractical,since there will be far more hispanics in this country than blacks.

The entire left juggernaut is like a camp of Gypsies huddled around the warmth of the white gibsmedat pool. When you threaten to "steal their fire" and give it to one group of the left juggernaut instead of dividing it among the others, they will tear each other's throats out in order to get it back.

Bingo,bango, deal's done.

There are many such fault lines. Just pick a group that's small and claim the groups that are larger have more of a right to a larger share. They're all democratic, that's intuitive reasoning to them.

To be frank,I don't know how they've stopped it from happening before, other than that there must be a veritable hurricane of white men's money blowing towards them, enough for all of them to catch some of it.


We can fuck over the Jews, the homos, or the blacks with hardly any modification to this strategy. Seeing as how they're allattempting to fuck us, I think it's both fair and fitting to personally see them eaten by the Beast they've raised against us before the traditional American people go down.

Anonymous Josh August 07, 2013 4:02 PM  

Liberalism is like the Rule 34 of politics: If it exists, there is some leftist griping about how unfair it is to a minority.

Modern liberalism is essentially just one race to the bottom for Most Favored Victim Status. Right now the gays seem to be winning, but the trannies are going to make a run at it I'm the next five years.

Anonymous ZhukovG August 07, 2013 4:05 PM  

I suspect that a La Raza controlled California will vote with the Democrats as long as tribute is flowing their way. After the money stops they secede and establish The Republic of Aztlan.

Blogger Cinco August 07, 2013 4:06 PM  

If we are lucky, they will human sacrifice the democrats en masse to the aztec gods

Oh the popcorn I would go through.

Anonymous Huckleberry - est. 1977 August 07, 2013 4:10 PM  

don't be surprised when La Raza becomes an effective third party in California and begins to compete directly with the Democrats

With my eyes on the Southern California ground, you have the right idea, but I think the cast of characters is backward.
La Raza has done a terrific job of taking over the state's Democratic party and offices.
There are more names like Salazar and Huizar and Campos and Ortega and Negrete and Villareal and Sanchez in the statehouse and in municipal governments across the state than anything that sounds like Mr. Smith going to Washington.
If there is a third party, it'll be white Westside (former) Democrats who've run out of the money necessary to keep La Raza in Boyle Heights coalescing around a base instinct for survival.
Or they'll just move to the South and fuck up the last bastion of decency left within these borders.
50/50 pick 'em on that one.

Anonymous ZhukovG August 07, 2013 4:11 PM  

If we are lucky, they will human sacrifice the democrats en masse to the aztec gods

I just remembered the images from the evacuation of the U.S. Embassy in Saigon…

Only now I’m visualizing a federal building in Sacramento.

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey August 07, 2013 4:12 PM  

The political future is Identity and Nationalism.

Whites inevitably will get on board, whether voluntarily or forced, it doesn't matter.

Anonymous ? August 07, 2013 4:15 PM  

"Liberals are constitutionally incapable of describing non-whites as right wing"

Do Latin American dictators of the non-Commie variety (Pinochet, Batista, Viola, etc) count as non-white, or do they become "white Hispanics" like Zimmerman for Liberal purposes?

Blogger sykes.1 August 07, 2013 4:21 PM  

The big losers will be the blacks. Ron Unz has already speculated that the elites are importing Mexicans and Central Americans to replace the blacks, whom the elites believe to be parasitic and violent. Unz gives examples of New York City, Washington and Los Angeles as cities that have been denigrified to the benefit of the local elites.

Once whites realize that they are no longer a majority, but merely the largest minority, most of them will coalesce around an explicitly white nationalist party. This might be the Republicans, but I doubt it. Hispanics will control the Democrat Party, and the blacks will be out in the cold.

Anonymous Che T Shirt August 07, 2013 4:22 PM  

The NYT is all over this story.

Well, they're all over something:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/07/opinion/diversity-and-doctor-who.html

Anonymous Mr. Nightstick August 07, 2013 4:27 PM  

You do realize that the Mexican government has to advertise in English in Southern California because the Mexicans don't know Spanish.

Anonymous Harsh August 07, 2013 4:31 PM  

The NYT is all over this story.

Well, they're all over something:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/07/opinion/diversity-and-doctor-who.html


Here's something that continues to perplex me. It's OK to say that Doctor Who should be a woman. It's OK to cast a black man as a Norse god. It's OK to change Nick Fury from white to black, or Starbuck from male to female.

But if you cast the British white male Benedict Cumberbatch as the Punjabi Khan Singh, you're accused of "white washing."

Are we supposed to be blind to race and gender or not? I really don't get it.

Anonymous bob k. mando August 07, 2013 4:38 PM  

Psych test shows that AGW Libs are just as subject to 'biased thinking' as skeptic Conservatives ... Conservatives still wrong.

it's amusing to note that the fact that Libs test JUST AS susceptible to outcome bias as the conservatives is simply ignored by the report.

it's also interesting that AGW is just assumed as fact by the writer of the article ... well, no, not really.

http://arstechnica.com/science/2013/08/public-divide-on-climate-change-right-wing-nature-or-human-nature/

Anonymous Huckleberry - est. 1977 August 07, 2013 4:38 PM  

the Mexican government has to advertise in English in Southern California because the Mexicans don't know Spanish

Even as General Motors is advertising Chevy trucks in Spanish-only commercials on prime time Fox, NBC, ABC and CBS in the same area.
Take a walk through Glassell Park some afternoon.
Tell me how much English you hear.

Anonymous Daniel August 07, 2013 4:42 PM  

Wait till the SFWA catches wind of this.

Anonymous Alexander August 07, 2013 4:43 PM  

Never mind the language barrier - tell me Mr. Nightstick, do you find it a bit disconcerting that foreign governments would see large, populous regions of your country as a target market?

Anonymous Alexander August 07, 2013 4:52 PM  

I should clarify. I agree with Huckleberry that your argument that they don't speak Spanish in SOCAL is bullshit. But also, even in a world where they did only speak English, the Mexican government in your view would not see that as a barrier for influencing that group.

Tribe trumps culture. Mexicans who don't speak Spanish may be mostly a figment of your imagination, but Turks in Germany who don't speak Turkish or Pakistanis in Britain who don't speak Urdu certainly do: and we know where their allegiances nonetheless tend to lie.

Anonymous Will Best August 07, 2013 4:55 PM  

@Harsh

I wonder how long it will take for women to ruin Doctor Who.

Also, the op ed writer asked the wrong question. She should have asked about "devout christian men that believe in personal accountability".

Anonymous Crude August 07, 2013 4:55 PM  

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/aug/07/smart-women-not-having-kids?

Partly off topic, but I post this because I recall Vox talking about exactly this problem with modern women.

Anonymous Idle Spectator August 07, 2013 5:01 PM  

Is it one that is relevant to the war on women, or voting rights, or immigration, but ignores the collapse of the rule of law and the justice system (which is far from a “white privileged” issue)?

Yeah, that's a white person thing.


Like I came up with in that previous blog post, while I was busy assailing my emotionally disturbed opponent:

English; it's the best thing since English. They really need to put that on a t-shirt.

The big losers will be the blacks. Ron Unz has already speculated that the elites are importing Mexicans and Central Americans to replace the blacks, whom the elites believe to be parasitic and violent.

The problem is they are fucking this plan up royally by not properly distinguishing Amerindians from the other run-of-the-mill Hispanics.

Once whites realize that they are no longer a majority, but merely the largest minority, most of them will coalesce around an explicitly white nationalist party. This might be the Republicans, but I doubt it. Hispanics will control the Democrat Party, and the blacks will be out in the cold.

Just call it "traditional diversity" and it will totally work.

Anonymous Anti-Democracy Activist August 07, 2013 5:02 PM  

I think this can be explained more simply as "Kos" coming up with some elaborate rationalizations as to why he will continue refusing to hold Barack Obama responsible for presiding over civil rights violations he would have called for George W. Bush to be impeached and jailed for.

Now it's racist to object to the government shredding the Fourth Amendment and spying on citizens. Yeah... that's the ticket!

Related, and h/t to Moldbug, here is a scan of a Stalin-era article by the founder of the ACLU, explaining why human rights violations that he would obviously rail about in the US didn't really bother him when they took place in the Soviet Union. The left never changes... plus ca change:

http://www2.law.ucla.edu/volokh/blog/baldwin.pdf

Blogger Ephrem Antony Gray August 07, 2013 5:03 PM  

I figured Kos was just doing the normal Left Moral Equivalency game: when they get caught doing bad stuff, it just so happens to be as bad as any other bad stuff OTHER people are doing.

He would be a White Hispanic anyway

Anonymous Harsh August 07, 2013 5:11 PM  

I wonder how long it will take for women to ruin Doctor Who.

Well, it won't be for a few more years at any rate. Although that show does tend to get on the progressive bandwagon anyway.

Anonymous Mr. Nightstick August 07, 2013 5:12 PM  

Hey, I'm not saying they don't wear Mexican Flag underwear or are not loyal to the Mexican identity. I'm just saying their Spanish sucks compared to people who grow up in Mexico.

But California is fine. The USA will not willingly give up California and as long as the military bases remain it will be firmly in the USG's control.

Anonymous Krul August 07, 2013 5:15 PM  

Will Best - I wonder how long it will take for women to ruin Doctor Who.

I watched Doctor Who once. Crap.

I can't imagine how women could make it worse than it already is.

Anonymous wcu August 07, 2013 5:16 PM  

Josh, all those groups in the democratic party will turn on each other when they're usefulness for each other is through. Its like that line from one of cs' books when hell is through with its toys it simply breaks them and throws them away...have fun a the people eating people fest...

Anonymous civilServant August 07, 2013 5:27 PM  

We ought to be asking how we can facilitate this in order to make it happen more quickly.

That is easy. Stop paying.

Of course you may get more than you bargained for ....

After the money stops they secede and establish The Republic of Aztlan.

They cannot. They are not here to colonize or conquer or annex. They are here for the money. When the money stops they will go where the money is.

Anonymous Idle Spectator August 07, 2013 5:43 PM  

But California is fine. The USA will not willingly give up California and as long as the military bases remain it will be firmly in the USG's control.

You mean like the Panama Canal?

Anonymous move zig August 07, 2013 5:52 PM  

We had a deal with Panama similar to UK's agreement with China regarding Hong Kong. I don't know if a similar agreement for California exists with Mexico.
I don't think there is. I could be wrong.

Anonymous realmatt August 07, 2013 6:01 PM  

He doesn't care that the United States government is doing things we really can't stop, or would have an insane amount of trouble attempting to stop because brown people who are here illegally and refuse to assimilate are sent back to their countries, which is neither morally wrong or illegal to do. Ok then.

Anyway, once the Mongol Hordes begin raping and leaving for dead the worthless white women we've been forced to deal with the past 3 decades I'm sure the picket fence liberal women will find a few Super Scary Machine Gun Ultra Weapon wielder to latch on to. They'll need their reproach taken away, after all.

The pansy leftoid manginas will be left for dead, wondering what happened to the "wives" and "girlfriends" with whom they agreed non stop right up the point where they presented themselves for a weekly pegging session.

Here's something that continues to perplex me. It's OK to say that Doctor Who should be a woman. It's OK to cast a black man as a Norse god. It's OK to change Nick Fury from white to black, or Starbuck from male to female.

But if you cast the British white male Benedict Cumberbatch as the Punjabi Khan Singh, you're accused of "white washing."

Are we supposed to be blind to race and gender or not? I really don't get it.


I agree that it's stupid and the anti-white leftists just want to change things, and it's no different from European painters painting Jesus as very white looking, but we all know that's not the thinking of these people. they just want to darken everything so they can feel good. With that out of the way..my own thoughts..

The casting of Idris Elba, who I thought was damn good in the role, could be explained away in the movie by the fact that Norse Gods are not Nordic people. They're aliens who happened to come to this planet a few thousand years ago in the area where the whitest people you know happen to live. And if they really only have one black guy for some reason, his job is to guard the portal. He never leaves.

Nick Fury was changed to black because they released a separate universe, called Ultimate Marvel and made different versions of many of the characters, and Samuel L. Jackson allowed them to use his likeness for Ultimate Nick Fury. Terrible comics, btw. Now who would you choose?

In the new, horrible Superman movie, they have Laurence Fishburne as Perry White which was just retarded. He served no purpose at all, wasn't the comic relief, wasn't interesting, he was just Perry White played by Laurence Fishburne because WHITE PEOPLE.

Now, Cumberbatch was stupid because the character is Indian. Why would a white man be named Khan Noonien Singh? Blackness doesn't change Nick Fury or feel misplaced like a white man telling you his name is Khan.

Cumberbatch was very good and I think should have been his own villain. They shouldn't have tried to shove so much Khan in, especially since new viewers who have never seen WOK will not give one damn that some guy is using a false name and is really the villain from a 40 year old movie.

JJ Abrams sucks all kinds of balls.

Anonymous Huckleberry - est. 1977 August 07, 2013 6:03 PM  

I don't know if a similar agreement for California exists with Mexico

If there was, statehood would disqualify that.
A more perfect union and all that rot.
Besides, the U.S. paid cash on the barrelhead for the land, back in the days when that actually was worth something.

Anonymous realmatt August 07, 2013 6:05 PM  

I never watched the original BSG, but Starbuck as a woman is the most annoying character ever. I hated her completely and her Tuff Grrl nonsense.

Anonymous Mr. Nightstick August 07, 2013 6:08 PM  

You mean like the Panama Canal?

If you don't think that the USG controls the Panama Canal, then there is a beach front house in Mentone I would like to sell you. Real cheep.

Anonymous Huckleberry - est. 1977 August 07, 2013 6:08 PM  

I never watched the original BSG, but Starbuck as a woman is the most annoying character ever

If you ever watched The A-Team, Face was pretty much the same as the original rendition of Starbuck.
Right down to the cigar.

Anonymous Harsh August 07, 2013 6:12 PM  

@realmatt

I agree that Idris Elba was good in Thor. And your point is well taken that they weren't truly Norse gods.

Agreed Cumberbatch should have just played a new villain, which would have avoided the whole "white washing" argument. Of course, the original Khan was played by a Mexican.

I still have hopes JJ will do good by Star Wars.

Anonymous Dan in Tx August 07, 2013 6:15 PM  

Starbuck.....horrible and annoying.

Caprica 6, yeah I'd sell the planet out for that.

Anonymous Idle Spectator August 07, 2013 6:17 PM  

If you don't think that the USG controls the Panama Canal, then there is a beach front house in Mentone I would like to sell you. Real cheep.

And if you don't think that Mexicans control large portions of California, then there is a farm in Bakersfield I would like to sell you. Real cheech.

Anonymous Mr. Nightstick August 07, 2013 6:20 PM  

And if you don't think that Mexicans control large portions of California, then there is a farm in Bakersfield I would like to sell you. Real cheech.

Mexicans also control the local taco stand. Call the National Guard! When they take over Disney Land, then I'll be worried.

Anonymous Harsh August 07, 2013 6:31 PM  

Mexicans also control the local taco stand. Call the National Guard! When they take over Disney Land, then I'll be worried.

Do they sell churros at Disney Land? That's the first sign of imminent invasion.

Anonymous Huckleberry - est. 1977 August 07, 2013 6:35 PM  

Do they sell churros at Disney Land?

Are you kidding?
Of course they do.
They're also 3 feet long with goo inside.

Anonymous Mr. Nightstick August 07, 2013 6:37 PM  

They Churros are better at Sea World but you gotta watch for them damn seagulls. They will rip the Churros right out of your hand.

Anonymous Idle Spectator August 07, 2013 6:41 PM  

Mexicans also control the local taco stand. Call the National Guard! When they take over Disney Land, then I'll be worried.

I see. And the mayor of LA was who again (and the previous one, but I digress...)?

Anonymous realmatt August 07, 2013 6:53 PM  

Mexicans controlling the country, or Disney Land, or an American Forunte 500 is beside the point.

The people urging them to come here are doing so because they want as much cheap labor as they can get. They don't care about the middle class, which is why they create policies to destroy it.

What stupid Browns don't seem to understand is that the people in charge don't even care that they're killing whites. They don't care what color or culture you are as long as you do what you're told and accept 10 dollars per hour like a good slave, while they're hanging out on yachts. if and when there is a Mexican middle class, they'll be destroyed just the same. By Mexican overlords or Alien conquerors.

Anonymous realmatt August 07, 2013 7:06 PM  

Agreed Cumberbatch should have just played a new villain, which would have avoided the whole "white washing" argument. Of course, the original Khan was played by a Mexican.

Yeah but at least they made some attempt to have a brownish man portraying him.

They really made a huge mistake on this last movie. They could have set it up for a third movie or maybe fourth that introduced Khan, if they were really so desperate to have Khan in this universe.

Instead they had him deliver some garbage big reveal of his name that only means something to fans of the old series and makes no sense in this continuity. They're absolutely pathetic and unimaginative, having Spock call Spock to be told that he can't tell him anything, only to then tell him everything one second later because he asked again with different words??? It was like something out of "Family Guy".

I don't usually go to the movies often but this past Spring and Summer I did, and it's sad that the least retarded movie so far has been Fast and the Furious.

Anonymous tarmogoyf August 07, 2013 7:14 PM  

OT: Cracked tries its hand at writing about Game.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-simple-steps-to-not-being-total-asshole/

Anonymous Anti-Democracy Activist August 07, 2013 7:25 PM  

Also, isn't it pretty racist of "Kos" to assume that being concerned about having one's cell phone calls tracked is a "white thing"? Tell us more about how you apparently believe that brown-skinned people do not - or cannot - use cell phones, Mr. Moulitsas...

Anonymous Geoff August 07, 2013 7:40 PM  

Que? They're willingly giving it up now, day by day.

Anonymous Geoff August 07, 2013 7:43 PM  

BINGO! stories in 20 years will cover californian expats vaulting over the fence around alabama so they can find work.

Anonymous Measlomapaddycakes Fuckerbumpkin August 07, 2013 7:49 PM  

Q: What is worse than the Daily Kos? (and Huffpo)

A: Actually -- nothing.


* Make sure you watch ep. 12 (latest). You'll love the part about the robots. (and, the pitchfork)

Anonymous Godfrey August 07, 2013 7:52 PM  

A white liberal is naïve. He is a child. He neither understands history nor human nature. He is the child that gets in car with the pervert and whose remains are found months later in the forest preserve.

Anonymous Mr. Nightstick August 07, 2013 8:32 PM  

I see. And the mayor of LA was who again (and the previous one, but I digress...)?

Well if Disneyland was in LA you would have a point. Try again please.

Anonymous Godfrey August 07, 2013 8:34 PM  

The dismay is only going to grow because the white liberal is a closet racist. He believes that non-whites are incapable of distinguishing between good and evil. To him only a white person, and maybe an Asian, is capable of evil. He subconsciously views non-whites as animals that act on instinct. The white liberal envisions a world wherein non-whites – like good pets – constantly show their appreciation for his favor by licking his boots.

Anonymous Axe Head August 07, 2013 8:48 PM  

Just attack white liberals as buttressors of white privilege. Never stop attacking them. Do this online at every opportunity, make them melt down.

Anonymous TheExpat August 07, 2013 9:00 PM  

All that is necessary to expose liberal/minority/vibrant hypocrisy in this matter is ask them how they feel about the FBI wiretapping Martin Luther King (or other liberal/minority/vibrant target of preference).

Anonymous bw August 07, 2013 9:58 PM  

are doing so because they want as much cheap labor as they can get. They don't care about the middle class, which is why they create policies to destroy it.

It's bigger than simply the money issue. It is a destabilization project - a new order out of chaos. Western Intel has been at it for hundreds of years.

Anonymous Idle Spectator is Concerned August 07, 2013 10:21 PM  

Well if Disneyland was in LA you would have a point. Try again please.

Uh-ohhhh, now you are making me break out the crayons again.


[___R__E__D___}>

Here's a California map to help you

See the scale bar? That is two miles, or 10,560 feet.

[___R__E__D___}>


Now, the healing may begin.

Anonymous Harsh August 07, 2013 10:42 PM  

I'm going to call you out on this one, Idle Spectator. Disney Land is clearly in the ninth circle of Hell.

Anonymous Idle Spectator August 07, 2013 10:53 PM  

And LA isn't? Why do you think it the City of Angels?

Because they have to come down from Heaven to save the souls they can.

Anonymous A Visitor August 07, 2013 10:54 PM  

You do realize that the Mexican government has to advertise in English in Southern California because the Mexicans don't know Spanish. Where? I'm on the ground in SoCal and have not seen that. I've seen adverts in Mandarin for our new ChiCom overlords.

But California is fine. The USA will not willingly give up California and as long as the military bases remain it will be firmly in the USG's control. They'll be oases in a violent sea.

If you don't think that the USG controls the Panama Canal, then there is a beach front house in Mentone I would like to sell you. We gave it back to them and made them declare its neutrality.

They're also 3 feet long with goo inside. They're not real churros then. Go to Spain and get the real deal.

Anonymous Anonymous August 07, 2013 10:58 PM  

Please gentlemen, I promise not to try and hurt my brain again, but may I ask just one question?

Is there a mother ship somewhere that prints out these talking points for them? I have been encountering this one all week,"But to act like having the government track who you call is the height of government abuse is a very white privileged view of the privacy issue."

I call them a beehive because they all seem to be on the same page at the same time, reading the same illogical script. It puzzles me.

Anonymous Mr. Nightstick August 07, 2013 11:14 PM  

See the scale bar? That is two miles, or 10,560 feet.

Wow someone obviously rode on the short bus to public school. Here's how to read maps. Notice how the borders of LA and Anaheim do not even touch.

Anonymous Anonymous August 07, 2013 11:46 PM  

I retract my previous question. It occurs to me that somebody may come along and prove to me that, yes, there really is a group of alien bees running things and than my brain really will hurt. Just leave me in ignorant bliss, please, I beg of you.

Anonymous The other skeptic August 07, 2013 11:50 PM  

How does he feel about botched circumcisions

Anonymous Idle Spectator August 07, 2013 11:51 PM  

Notice how the borders of LA and Anaheim do not even touch.

[__B__L__U__E__}>


Surely one does not suspect that Anaheim is somehow in some "magic bubble" 20 miles away that allows to be free from the osmosis of "pernicious influences" of the largest city in California and the second most populous city in the United States. I mean, in the same way that Long Beach and Compton are completely free from LA influence. Right.


[__B__L__U__E__}>


Now, I know that maps are usually flat, but surely you can imagine Californians using three-dimensional cars on three-dimension roads, right?

I mean, they have been known to drive on occasion...

Anonymous Mr. Nightstick August 07, 2013 11:57 PM  

Please keep moving the goal posts. Just admit you are wrong. It's ok, it won't kill you.

Anonymous The other skeptic August 08, 2013 12:00 AM  

I'm on the ground in SoCal and have not seen that. I've seen adverts in Mandarin for our new ChiCom overlords.

你怎么知道是普通话还是广东话?

Anonymous nick digger August 08, 2013 12:01 AM  

Harsh: Disney Land is clearly in the ninth circle of Hell.
Idle Spectator: And LA isn't? Why do you think it the City of Angels?

It has never -really- been specified, what type of angels L.A. is the city of. Don't assume it to be the Good ones.

Anonymous Anonymous August 08, 2013 12:02 AM  

"How does he feel about botched circumcisions"

The less 'boos, the better.

- Shaka

Anonymous The other skeptic August 08, 2013 12:03 AM  

The antics of diverse people

Anonymous Anonymous August 08, 2013 12:09 AM  

More antics of diverse folk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s_b-BA19F8

- Shaka

Anonymous nick digger August 08, 2013 12:27 AM  

FFS, Mr Nightstick, the Shitty of Los Angeles covers 500 sq miles. Anaheim is 15 miles away, at it's closest point. Both cities are about 28% white and 50% mexican. Viewed from space, it's all one contiguous blob of concrete, lights, and beaners. If anyone said, "We went to L.A. this summer & took the kids to Disneyland", nobody would freak out and say "YOU STUPID ASSHOLE. DISNEYLAND IS IN ANAHEIM, NOT LA!!!" Nobody.

Anonymous bob k. mando August 08, 2013 12:30 AM  

give one of the greatest cities in the industrial world ( Detroit ) to blacks and they turn it into a hell hole, drive out industry, fill it with abandoned housing, destroy utilities and public services.

give an abandoned sky scraper to hispanics ( likely, mostly South American Indian ) and ... they reclaim the thing. they form a utility co-op. they refurbish the rooms and make it livable. the residents claim that there is very little crime that actually takes place WITHIN the building ....

come, see the oppression inherent in lighter skin color. view "The World's Tallest Slum".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=v1p9jlQUW0k

Anonymous wcu August 08, 2013 12:41 AM  

Didn't we buy california from messico after we crushed their collective burrito? Are we a great country or what?

Anonymous kh123 August 08, 2013 1:01 AM  

"Viewed from space, [LA's] all one contiguous blob of concrete, lights, and beaners."

That's dick, holmes. Learn some manners.

"It occurs to me that somebody may come along and prove to me that, yes, there really is a group of alien bees running things"

They emanate from Nicholas Cage's mouth, kind of like Zardoz.

Anonymous Roundtine August 08, 2013 2:16 AM  

And yet, still no Republican can figure out how to drive some wedges into the Democratic base.

Anonymous p-dawg August 08, 2013 3:35 AM  

"Why would a white man be named Khan Noonien Singh?"

Yeah! They should have gotten a real Indian, like Ricardo Gonzalo Pedro Montalbán y Merino was.

Anonymous Anonymous August 08, 2013 4:07 AM  

Some thoughts on homogeneous societies:

1. A completely homogenenous society is probably a bad idea. In nature, having a completely homogenous population is a recipe for disaster. For instance, the Irish potato famine happened because everyone in Ireland was growing genetically identical potatoes. So when a plague happened along that affected that particular variety of potato, it was absolutely devastating. If only a few percent of the Irish had been growing a different sort of potato, it would have saved a lot of people's lives, since the surviving variety of potato could have been used to replant all the fields.

In the case of a completely culturally homogeneous society, if a particular way of thinking is vulnerable to certain sorts of errors, and everyone in a society thinks the same way, there won't be anyone 'immune' to these errors in thinking to stop a disaster from occuring. The author L. Neil Smith calls this the 'curmudgeon phenomenon'. According to him, curmudgeons, though they are admittedly difficult to live with, serve a valuable function in society, namely that of the canary in a coal mine. A canary alerts the miners as to when there is a bad condition in the mine that something needs to be done about (by dying). A curmudgeon alerts other people as to when there are bad conditions in their society that something needs to be done about (by complaining overly loudly)

However - too much of a mixture in a society might not be good, either. If you compare a society to a magnet, a magnet works best and is strongest when most of the iron atoms in it have their magnetic poles aligned in the same direction. When some of the iron atoms are not aligned in the same way as the others, the magnet gets progressively weaker, until, of course, when there is no alignment at all in the iron atoms, but they are all pointed in their own random directions, it no longer has any strength at all, it isn't a magnet any more, of course, but simply an ordinary peice of iron.

The question to be determined is: What proportion of non-homogeneous people (for reasons of being immigrants, or eccentric or whatever other reason) is the correct one, which will give a society both the best chance of having people who don't succumb to the same sorts of errors in thinking as everyone else, but also allows most people to be culturally united and strong towards the same goals.

Anonymous p-dawg August 08, 2013 4:26 AM  

@Ann Morgan: "If only a few percent of the Irish had been growing a different sort of potato, it would have saved a lot of people's lives, since the surviving variety of potato could have been used to replant all the fields."

Had 100% of the Irish population simply been growing the hypothetical "surviving variety" in the first place, then no Irish Potato Famine happens. Perhaps the issue wasn't the homogenous crop, but choosing the wrong variety of homogenous crop. Also, in your scenario, after replanting, the Irish potato population is now entirely homogenous instead of mostly homogenous.

Anonymous Samuel Scott August 08, 2013 6:23 AM  

Krul August 07, 2013 5:15 PM,

I watched Doctor Who once. Crap.

Old or new? Which episode (of which Doctor)?

Anonymous Jonathan August 08, 2013 6:58 AM  

Gotta say that the comments at FDL are hilarious.

Anonymous Desiderius August 08, 2013 7:05 AM  

"And yet, still no Republican can figure out how to drive some wedges into the Democratic base."

That's how conquerors think. Our Republicans are determined to always be less than conquerors.

Lousy theology produces lousy anthro/sociology/strategy/tactics.

It's the Delta Party.

Anonymous ZhukovG August 08, 2013 7:40 AM  

The Republicans and Democrats are both working as designed. They serve the interests of the ruling elite, while provided the masses with the illusion of representative government.

Anonymous Anonymous August 08, 2013 7:56 AM  

"They emanate from Nicholas Cage's mouth, kind of like Zardoz."

I have just learned to be careful what you question and challenge, because God may punish you by giving you the answer you seek. Ignorance is bliss and I should learn to live in blissful ignorance more often and simply be grateful and accept it as the blessing it is.

So, never ask a question unless you are prepared to receive the answer.

Anonymous Jeigh Di August 08, 2013 8:40 AM  

Kahn was the result of a breeding program, so it would be equally valid if he appeared as a Maori or an Eskimo.

Anonymous bob k. mando August 08, 2013 8:50 AM  

yttik August 08, 2013 7:56 AM
So, never ask a question unless you are prepared to receive the answer.




oh, come on.

even Quentin Tarantino is THAT zen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKS6xy87ewk

Anonymous Ann Morgan August 08, 2013 8:58 AM  

p-dawg wrote: **Perhaps the issue wasn't the homogenous crop, but choosing the wrong variety of homogenous crop.**

p-dawg, the particular *variety* of homogeneous crop really doesn't matter in this scenario. If you are growing nothing but genetically identical Lumper potatoes, and some virus happens to get imported into the country (or one that is already in the country mutates) to which the Lumper potato happens to have no resistance, then you are screwed, your entire potato crop will be wiped out.

But the same thing is true of the Russet potato, or any other variety. If you are growing Russet potatoes in your country, and nothing else, and a virus happens along to which Russet potatoes have no immunity, again, you are screwed.

Since there is no way to tell the future, such that it can be accurately foretold which type of potato (or any other crop) will be most vulnerable to the next blight, and a homogenous crop is universally vulnerable to a blight that happens to affect it, having a homogeneous crop is a dangerous situation. And the fact that this years blight might affect Lumper potatoes but not Russet potatoes also doesn't mean that you should switch to a homogeneous crop throughout your entire country of Russet potatoes. Because they might just as easily be vulnerable to the blight coming next year.

Blogger IM2L844 August 08, 2013 9:02 AM  

So, never ask a question unless you are prepared to receive the answer.

I too had to learn the lesson of "be careful what you pray for" the hard way. It's a longish story, but suffice it to say I was listening to one of those idiotic prosperity televangelist and decide to put God to the test. I got precisely what I prayed for in pretty short order and thus began the worst few years of my life.

Thou shalt not tempt The Lord Thy God. For sure!

Anonymous Ann Morgan August 08, 2013 9:08 AM  

A few more thoughts regarding my magnet scenario. I can think of a way to design a motor with iron atoms that are magnetically aligned in all different directions. But it would be a pretty elaborate sort of motor, involving the having the iron atoms that were aligned in different directions seperated into numerous small magnets, each of which had it's atoms aligned in the same direction, and which were connected to the central shaft of the motor by a chain drive, so that all the separate magnets, regardless of how they were aligned and in which direction they turned, still contributed power to the main shaft.

In terms of a country, this would involve having individuals with different cultures separated into various areas, with only limitted contact between them. But it would be a pretty elaborately designed sort of a country, involve a lot of regimentation, and I'm not entirely sure it would work simply because a motor made on the same principles would work. Among other reasons it might not work, is that when an engineer would make a motor such as I described, he would not be tempted to favor certain magnets, because they were politically connected or cute. The same could not be said about organizing a country in such a way, simply because it could be organized in such a way does not mean that it would be done so in a fair and functional fashion. Humans being what they are, they would pick certain groups to give favoritism to, others not to favor. The result would be like a motor that is out of balance, it would tear itself to pieces.

Anonymous Anonymous August 08, 2013 9:17 AM  

"oh, come on. even Quentin Tarantino is THAT zen."

Bob, what may seem like simple Zen that even a stupid man can grasp, feels like great rocket science to me. My brain has been designed differently and seems to be very resistant to even the simplest concepts.

But I am not so stupid as to miss the humor in watching Ann spin on her hamster wheel, shrieking about potatoes. That is kind of funny.

Second lesson I have learned, the smarter the woman, the more hysterically funny her hamster spinning is going to be. Stop spinning Ann, it really does make us look like morons. I am going to have to retract my comment about you being intelligent.

Anonymous Josh August 08, 2013 9:17 AM  

So, a nation with a homogenous culture is bad because potatoes...

Blogger IM2L844 August 08, 2013 9:25 AM  

I can think of a way to design a motor with iron atoms that are magnetically aligned in all different directions.

Yeah, I think it's called a Halbach array.

Anonymous Ann Morgan August 08, 2013 9:33 AM  

Josh - the Irish potato famine is simply the best known disaster caused by too homogeneous a population. There are other undesirable things currently going on with certain endangered species (such as Cheetahs the Hawaiian Nene) because the remaining population is too homogeneous.

My point is that I'm not sure a completely (or close to completely) homogeneous population in a cultural sense is desirable, any more than a completely homogeneous population is desirable in a genetic sense. There's too much potential for certain types of disaster.

I realise that most of the complaints in this blog have been about the opposite, too much diversity. But to paraphrase CS Lewis, just because there may be errors in one direction, it does not follow that there are therefore no errors in the opposite direction.

Anonymous The other skeptic August 08, 2013 9:37 AM  

And now they can worry about the feelings of the obese as well

Anonymous Ann Morgan August 08, 2013 9:38 AM  

A question about the skyscraper that was taken over by Hispanics (I forget the exact details, I watched the video at work but am now at home with my crappy dialup modem).

Were these Hispanics (or the majority of them) on any sort of government aid?

If not, that (rather than their race) could explain why they improved the skyscraper rather than wrecking it. Government aid tends to reward and select for those sorts of people who are useless or destructive. Absent government aid, people have to learn to do things for themselves if they want to survive.

Anonymous DonReynolds August 08, 2013 9:52 AM  

LaRaza is never going to abandon the Democrat Party in California (and Texas). Why? Because they (LaRaza) ARE the Democrat Party. They own it, manage it, run it, and collect the rent. Same in Texas. It is the little white Liberals, environmentalists, and feminists who are the tokens, the minorities, the tolerated guests, in a Hispanic/Black activist party, led and managed by "former" communist party faithful.

And that, boys and girls, is why the Republican party is no longer the conservative party of Reagan.....it is and will become more so, the white party, which is necessarily a "big tent" with plenty of moderates, RINOs, Liberals, Ripon Society, Libertarians, John Birchers, and Religious Right. The message and party platform will be a filthy compromise deal but the faces will generally be white.

Anonymous Anonymous August 08, 2013 10:01 AM  

Bob, your words just triggered in me another very humbling concept. I can't even seem to manage the superior wisdom of a retarded person, who often knows to just enjoy, feel, and be grateful for it. But I cannot even do that, because of brain, brain will simply not just shut the heck up. I seem to lack the wisdom of even a retarded person.

Thank you for your time. Back to the corner with me because my brain is starting to hurt and I'm interrupting your conversation.

Also, if I have to witness anymore shrieking about potatoes, I am going to wet myself laughing. However, I get it, "But for the Grace of God, there go I."

Blogger buzzardist August 08, 2013 10:11 AM  

Ann,

You are right about crops in terms of the need to plant multiple varieties to give the best chance at fending off diseases. For that matter, it would make sense to plant more than just potatoes so that even if potatoes get virtually wiped out one year, maybe the cabbage, wheat, or pumpkins will do well.

But I'm not convinced that the analogy between potatoes and human societies works. With potatoes, you are dealing with a specific genetic variety, and all of the potatoes planted are more or less identical. That's not so with humans. Even if you take humans from just one race or cultural group, if that group numbers in the tens of thousands or more, you will have so much more genetic variety than a field of more or less genetically identical potatoes that your comparison breaks down.

Even if you want to take this on a behavioral rather than genetic level, the similarities in behavior will be greater among culturally similar people, but there will still be considerable differences among a large population--some exercise regularly, some don't; some prefer to drive; some prefer to walk; some eat fish, some don't; some instinctively save wealth, others spend liberally; some take pleasure in hard labor or high-stress work, others avoid this kind of work if at all possible. The differences in behavior among even those who share a culture are myriad.

The comparison also sounds like nonsense given that one does not normally plant multiple varieties of potatoes in one field. This field gets just Russet potatoes, and that's all for the whole year. A small gardener may plant a row of Russets and a row of Lumpers, and a farmer may plant one field of Russets and one field of Lumpers, but to toss in the Russets and Lumpers together just isn't done. While this is less a concern with potatoes, most plants would risk cross-pollination such that the crops could be undesirable and next year's seed would be worthless. Some varieties, too, do better with slightly more or less water or a slightly different application of fertilizer, pesticide, or herbicide. Similarly, one variety might produce taller, larger plants than another, which would out-compete the others for sun. Planting them all together could mean that one variety thrives while the others wither, or that all end up doing poorly.

On this point, maybe there is an analogy to humans. Those opposed to high levels of immigration generally don't advocate eradicating all other cultures in the world. Occasionally, yes, a fringe group might advocate this, but it's not a commonly held view. Instead, the world is full of different fields, each with its own culture. Sometimes one culture or race spills over to another field, usually with disastrous results for one or the other. Generally, the cultures and races do best when left to grow on their own terms. Occasionally, yes, a culture gets wiped out by another culture, by a natural phenomenon, or by some behavior of their own that proved destructive. If the goal is to have this one culture thrive, then, yes, this loss is disastrous. If the goal is to have humanity in all its varieties thrive, then the loss is unfortunate, but it means that other varieties that have not fallen susceptible yet to whatever caused the other group's destruction are able to continue on.

Still, even though this analogy makes a little more sense to me, the vast differences in genetics and behavior among people of homogenous cultural groups and races suggests to me that the analogy may break down. Yes, there are some genetic markers common onto to certain people groups, and, yes, some behaviors are more or less common among certain people groups. Over time, these factors definitely weigh on that group's long-term survival. But the idea that we have a field all planted with the same variety of potato? That's just not an apt description for large groups of people who tend to be very diverse even when they do share a common culture.

Anonymous DonReynolds August 08, 2013 10:13 AM  

Ann Morgan......"A completely homogenenous society is probably a bad idea. In nature, having a completely homogenous population is a recipe for disaster. For instance, the Irish potato famine happened because everyone in Ireland was growing genetically identical potatoes. So when a plague happened along that affected that particular variety of potato, it was absolutely devastating. If only a few percent of the Irish had been growing a different sort of potato, it would have saved a lot of people's lives, since the surviving variety of potato could have been used to replant all the fields."

Ann, you know as much about the Irish Potato Famine as a pig knows about Sunday. To promote your vision of diversity, I strongly urge you to pick another example.

But just to comment on your example. The Irish are not completely stupid and neither are the English landowners. Ireland EXPORTED food during the Famine, while Irish families starved. (Now do you get it?) So it would not make a bit of difference, what variety of potato was raised on the farms. And no, the people of Ireland are by no means "homogeneous"....not since the Vikings, the Welsh, the English, and the Scots started coming there. There is simply too much history in Ireland for you to use it as an example of your moronic notions of diversity.

Anonymous Krul August 08, 2013 10:16 AM  

Samuel Scott - Old or new? Which episode (of which Doctor)?

New I think. It was in color anyway. The doc and this irritating blond chick went to watch the end of the planet earth - it was being demolished by people in hideously bad costumes.

If I remember correctly, this flat thing was plotting to murder everyone on the space station for some reason and the doc had to spout some nonsense jargon to save the day, but he was pissed off that some "people" on the space station died anyway so he gave a passionate speech about the tragedy of it all and murdered the flat thing.

So I was like, "Dude, you have a TIME MACHINE! If you don't like the way things turned out, just go back ONE DAY and warn everybody! And why do you even care? You're an immortal alien, these creatures are insects to you. Also, how the hell did you not know about the flat thing's plot ahead of time? Shouldn't whatever source told you about the date of the Earth demolition ALSO tell you about the mass murder plot?"

So yeah. Crap.

Anonymous Revan August 08, 2013 10:17 AM  

"just because there may be errors in one direction, it does not follow that there are therefore no errors in the opposite direction."

This is true, but there is one side of the too homogeneous vs too heterogeneous debate that is demonstrably far, far worse....one that has literally destroyed entire civilizations.

I'll leave it to you to decide which one.

Anonymous Annalitic August 08, 2013 10:18 AM  

Ann, you know as much about the Irish Potato Famine as a pig knows about Sunday.

But Don - 166!
I can IQ!!

Anonymous Ain August 08, 2013 10:21 AM  

yttik: "I have been encountering this one all week,'But to act like having the government track who you call is the height of government abuse is a very white privileged view of the privacy issue.' "

It's the latest variation of their favorite tactic. Libs love to try to dismiss arguments without actually engaging them. In Cali, it's lately become popular to call complaints "White People Problems" to try to color them as something not worth complaining about. I guess if you're not white, then each and every day must be a struggle for one's very survival. Only white people have time to worry about privacy and all of those other white problems.

Anonymous Sigyn August 08, 2013 10:22 AM  

Ann, a perfectly non-homogenous culture is made of clones. Nobody here is advocating replacing the entire population of the United States with clones.

There is a certain range of genetic and cultural diversity that is stable, however. Too narrowly within it and you get inbreeding; too broadly without it and you get the unholy mess America's devolving into. I have gathered thus far that, with a few trollish exceptions, this is what most of the Ilk recognize.

And thus, their general lack of panic over the idea of the US fracturing into ethnic or ideological nation-states.

Anonymous Sigyn August 08, 2013 10:24 AM  

You know, at least Ann has the good manners to talk about issues instead of herself, even if she's got some gaps in her knowledge that need filling. We have to give her that.

Anonymous Catan August 08, 2013 10:32 AM  

From the moonbat FDL thread:

I do agree that at least since the 70s we have been subjected to the rise of neoliberalism and all its attention on profits, et. al. And it has gone on during the democratic administrations of Carter, Clinton and Obama. I think there was some hope in 2008 that we might escape it, but Obama turned out to be right of center and not left of it. Still the decline of the middle class and enduring poverty below need not hold forth. The Ayn Rand libertarians can be beaten.

I was wondering how long it would take before they started calling Obama a right-winger.

Their thought process seems to be:

1. It's possible to get the right people in government that will be corrupted by power! You're a cynic if you don't think so!

2. The left wing politician they elect inevitably becomes corrupted by power and starts cutting corners.

3. "Damn, another right-winger snuck in under our noses again! We'll have to be even more careful next time!"

Anonymous Sigyn August 08, 2013 10:38 AM  

Catan, they've been calling Obama "too right-wing" since the last election cycle.

Thing is, when you define certain kinds of socialism as "right-wing", then you're going to wind up in that Bizarro world where totalitarians are conservative.

Anonymous Luke August 08, 2013 11:24 AM  

Sigyn August 08, 2013 10:22 AM

Ann, a perfectly non-homogenous culture is made of clones. Nobody here is advocating replacing the entire population of the United States with clones.

There is a certain range of genetic and cultural diversity that is stable, however. Too narrowly within it and you get inbreeding; too broadly without it and you get the unholy mess America's devolving into. I have gathered thus far that, with a few trollish exceptions, this is what most of the Ilk recognize.

And thus, their general lack of panic over the idea of the US fracturing into ethnic or ideological nation-states."


Exactly so. Thomas Chittum graphed this on a superficial level at about 80% as historically giving Europeans a sufficient margin of safety.

http://www.resist.com/CWII.pdf pp. 106-120, especially the chart on page 113.

Anonymous ZhukovG August 08, 2013 11:25 AM  

I don’t think we need to split hairs over the details of the Irish Potato Blight and the subsequent famine it caused. Ann is merely pointing out that homogeneity to the point of cultural isolationism is not necessarily a good thing.

If another culture has something of value to offer, incorporating it into your own culture can be a positive thing.

While our current, come one come all, immigration policy is insane, we’ve had good practice. The African Slave Trade was also a kind of immigration policy, just as insane, with the added infamy of forced human bondage attached.

Anonymous Luke August 08, 2013 11:44 AM  

yttik August 08, 2013 9:17 AM

"Bob, what may seem like simple Zen that even a stupid man can grasp, feels like great rocket science to me. My brain has been designed differently and seems to be very resistant to even the simplest concepts.

But I am not so stupid as to miss the humor in watching Ann spin on her hamster wheel, shrieking about potatoes. That is kind of funny.

Second lesson I have learned, the smarter the woman, the more hysterically funny her hamster spinning is going to be. Stop spinning Ann, it really does make us look like morons. I am going to have to retract my comment about you being intelligent."


Indeed. Anyone here remember Sylvia Ann Hewlett's book "Creating A Life" about all the careerist American women ending up never having children (who didn't intend barrenness)? This life result was because they grossly misunderstood the nonsuperficial dynamics of finding a husband in time and how their own bodies' reproductive potential actually worked. THE MOST SUCCESSFUL AND HIGHLY EDUCATED WOMEN WERE THE MOST LIKELY TO BE STUPID ABOUT THESE THINGS.

The saying (V.I. Lenin?) that only the intellectuals were stupid enough to believe something comes to mind...

Anonymous Mr. Nightstick August 08, 2013 11:54 AM  

If anyone said, "We went to L.A. this summer & took the kids to Disneyland", nobody would freak out and say "YOU STUPID ASSHOLE. DISNEYLAND IS IN ANAHEIM, NOT LA!!!" Nobody.

Except a local and that's the point.

Anonymous Luke August 08, 2013 12:06 PM  

ZhukovG August 08, 2013 11:25 AM

"I don’t think we need to split hairs over the details of the Irish Potato Blight and the subsequent famine it caused. Ann is merely pointing out that homogeneity to the point of cultural isolationism is not necessarily a good thing.

If another culture has something of value to offer, incorporating it into your own culture can be a positive thing."


I think I've previously read somewhere that a tribe having a population of 100,000 will largely take care of inbreeding issues IF 2nd-cousin and closer incest are largely avoided (e.g., unlike many modern Arab tribes). Re a CULTURE having or not having something useful to offer, I will quote Kim du Toit:

"there is not one thing that Africa can give the West which hasn't been tried before and failed, not one thing that isn't a step backwards, and not one thing which is worse than, or that contradicts, what we have already."

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/924795/posts

Anonymous DonReynolds August 08, 2013 1:28 PM  

ZhukovG...."I don’t think we need to split hairs over the details of the Irish Potato Blight and the subsequent famine it caused. Ann is merely pointing out that homogeneity to the point of cultural isolationism is not necessarily a good thing."

I really do not mind beating a dead horse, it can even be fun when there is nothing much going on, but Ann Morgan's "cultural isolationism" is a horse that never never died because it never lived. No one has ever suggested "cultural isolationism", to my knowledge here in the many years I have been visiting this blog. So I would say, we all miss the point, because there is no point in arguing against something no one has suggested. Reminds me of those bluetooth devices that people wear on their ear, talking loudly in a crowded room to someone many miles away.

ZhukovG..."If another culture has something of value to offer, incorporating it into your own culture can be a positive thing."

AND we have done so...without hesitation, without shame, and sometimes with no rational benefit.....yes, we even adopt elements of foreign cultures when it is less valuable than what we already have. This is a very open society (and language). But we do not need tens of millions of foreign citizens to come to this country to accomplish that. Cultural isolation? Heck no. Every nation in the world has American tourists, constantly on the lookout for something interesting to bring home, even if it is only a photograph of a landscape or a cute story to tell the neighbors.

Anonymous Idle Spectator is Still Concerned August 08, 2013 1:35 PM  

Except a local and that's the point.

No, that's not really the point at all. Let's roll the tape and see it side-by-side.


Idle the Magnificent and Magnanimous: And if you don't think that Mexicans control large portions of California, then there is a farm in Bakersfield I would like to sell you. Real cheech.

Mr. Nightstickbedwetting: Mexicans also control the local taco stand. Call the National Guard! When they take over Disney Land, then I'll be worried.

Idle the Magnificent and Magnanimous: I see. And the mayor of LA was who again (and the previous one, but I digress...)?

Mr. Nightstickbedwetting: Notice how the borders of LA and Anaheim do not even touch.

Idle the Magnificent and Magnanimous: Surely one does not suspect that Anaheim is somehow in some "magic bubble" 20 miles away that allows to be free from the osmosis of "pernicious influences" of the largest city in California and the second most populous city in the United States. I mean, in the same way that Long Beach and Compton are completely free from LA influence. Right.

So Mexicans dominate LA, which is next to Anaheim. Anaheim is where Disneyland is.

I am sure you can connect A => B => C easily.

Anonymous Mr. Nightstick August 08, 2013 2:07 PM  

So Mexicans dominate LA, which is next to Anaheim. Anaheim is where Disneyland is.

Yet they don't dominate Disneyland which was my point. Please show evidence that despite your inability to grasp that LA != Anaheim that Mexican control of LA = Mexican control of Disneyland.

Otherwise admit you are wrong and shut up and leave the discussion to the adults.

Anonymous Mr. Nightstick August 08, 2013 2:34 PM  

Also if you would like to reduce your ignorance, read this article. If you want to know who is in control watch the protestors.

Anonymous Huckleberry - est. 1977 August 08, 2013 2:35 PM  

your inability to grasp that LA != Anaheim

Tell it to Arte Moreno, Non-white Hispanic owner of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

Ways in which Anaheim and LA are similar:

1) A lot of Mexicans
2) Fewer and fewer Blacks
3) Sports arenas
4) Race riots on city streets within the past calendar year

Just because the privately owned Disney Corporation, owned by ABC (or perhaps the other way around) controls a theme park in a non-Hispanic way, in what used to be orange groves and is now the one true ghetto in all of Orange County, I'm not sure it's an effective bellweather for the issues we, the grown ups, are discussing here.
But go ahead and tell me how they don't speak Spanish, and must be advertised to in English by the Mexican government.

Anonymous Idle Spectator is Increasingly Concerned August 08, 2013 2:38 PM  

Yet they don't dominate Disneyland which was my point. Yet they don't dominate Disneyland which was my point. Please show evidence that despite your inability to grasp that LA != Anaheim that Mexican control of LA = Mexican control of Disneyland.

I see.

And how does one generally enter Disneyland? Do you purchase a ticket, then go through the front gate? Is that, how it goes?

Now, do you suppose that the changing population demographics in California shown by a Latino mayor in LA, might, in fact, be the same demographic changes occurring in LA?

Now, do you suppose that the changing demographics in the nearby LA area which includes Anaheim, might, in fact, change the people going through that gate?


...Do I need more crayons? Or are we good here?


Otherwise admit you are wrong and shut up and leave the discussion to the adults.

Yes, we should leave the adults like yourself to discuss the magic of Disneyland. "Well, they got LA, but LA is not Anaheim since they don't touch on the map, so at least Disneyland is safe..."

Wish upon a star. Or your could just jump off the Matterhorn and get the Disney Spirit(TM).

Anonymous Mr. Nightstick August 08, 2013 3:06 PM  

Keep moving the goal posts guys. Keep proving to the reasonably intelligent that you are morons.

If you are in California and it's so bad then leave and move to your promised land of choice. If you aren't in California, well then it shows.

Anonymous Idle Spectator August 08, 2013 3:10 PM  

Keep moving the goal posts guys. Keep proving to the reasonably intelligent that you are morons.

No, those are called "connecting the dots." The dots stay stationary as the line is drawn.



It has been awhile since I owned someone like that. Feels good... Yeah.

My nipples are rock hard.

//puffs cigarette

Anonymous Mr. Nightstick August 08, 2013 3:17 PM  



My nipples are rock hard.

That's cause you are clearly a faggot.

Anonymous bob k. mando August 08, 2013 3:24 PM  

Ann Morgan August 08, 2013 9:33 AM
My point is that I'm not sure a completely (or close to completely) homogeneous population in a cultural sense is desirable,




your point, such as it is, is wholly inapplicable to the United States, EVEN IF we were to deport every single hispanic and black tomorrow.

it would come as a great shock indeed to the peoples of Europe to find that a Celt was the same as a Saxon was the same as a Scandinavian was the same as an Italian was the same as a Norman was the same as a Romanian was the same as a Pole was the same as a Russian was the same as a German was the same as a Greek was the same as a Serb was the same as a Macedonian was the same as an Albanian.

there is no lack of heterogeneity ( whether culturally, religiously or genetically ) simply within the Caucasian population and, as such, your attempted point is groundless.



Ann Morgan August 08, 2013 9:38 AM
If not, that (rather than their race) could explain why they improved the skyscraper rather than wrecking it. Government aid tends to reward and select for those sorts of people who are useless or destructive. Absent government aid, people have to learn to do things for themselves if they want to survive.



we have demonstrated this concept many times just within the US.

Bikini Islanders, Eskimos, Amerindian reservations and inner city blacks to name a few.

so, i agree with your general statement about the scientifically proven deleterious effects of government aid.

as to the Tower of David, it seems that no one in authority likes what's going on there ... they just can't muster the will to bother doing anything about it.

which says a great deal about the benefits of an uninvolved government.


i'm going to have to stick with my general characterization of hispanic vs negro, though. i've worked with too many of both and watched this principle play out numerous times. the only thing 'notable' about these examples are the scale.




yttik August 08, 2013 10:01 AM
But I cannot even do that, because of brain, brain will simply not just shut the heck up. I seem to lack the wisdom of even a retarded person.




i think i will make it my personal goal to convince Hello Kitty that masculinists are every bit as stupid and obtuse as feminists.

:3



Catan August 08, 2013 10:32 AM
I was wondering how long it would take before they started calling Obama a right-winger.



anyone not overtly implementing Communist philosophy based policies will, sooner or later, be characterized as "too right wing".

you can only be surprised by this if you fail to notice how thoroughly the crypto-marxists have infiltrated the educational system.



Mr. Nightstick August 08, 2013 11:54 AM
Also if you would like to reduce your ignorance, read this article. If you want to know who is in control watch the protestors.



interestingly, the Bell corruption trial was one of the sidebar links on that story.

nope. no hispanic control or corruption in Bell.


Anonymous Idle Spectator August 08, 2013 3:26 PM  

That's cause you are clearly a faggot.

Easy, now.


Hush, little baby, don't say a word,
Idle's gonna buy you a mocking-you-bird.

And if that mocking-you-bird won't sing,
Idle's gonna buy you a rhetoric zing.

Anonymous Mr. Nightstick August 08, 2013 3:29 PM  

You are right. I really should stop picking on retards. Especially the homosexual ones.

Anonymous Mr. Nightstick August 08, 2013 3:58 PM  

Seems I was wrong about my initial detail:

Dude, there's a reason for the Mexican national hour on Sunday and a reason for the commercials, as long as 91x is broadcasted out of a tower in Mexico, kinda gotta let them do something, now, purpose for broadcasting outta there..... Because our FCC in the us has a significant smaller limit on the amout of watts were aloud to transmit versus Mexicos FCC, just putting a tower o few more miles south to transmit more power is going to give 91x way more distance than most radio stations anywhere else, therefore more customers, advertisers love it, all in all, it gets them more $$$$, very smart marketing wise!!!!

Anonymous Idle Spectator, Three-Time Award Winning Cruelty Artist, and esteemed recipient of the Voxian Silver Cross for freedom of wit August 08, 2013 4:17 PM  

I think this one deserves another cruelty artist award of a gilded statue of a little boy in a wheelchair.

First award granted, for owning his handicapped opponent by counting to five.
Second award granted, for owning his handicapped opponent by making him claim the only reason he won is because of a time machine.
Third award granted on 8/8/13, for owning his handicapped opponent by using the childlike powers of Disneyland.

Anonymous Mr. Nightstick August 08, 2013 4:24 PM  

*laughs*

Let me give you an award for once. You should stop having to give them to yourself as it only make the debacle even sadder.

I'm sorry I made you so butthurt about all this. Thanks for your cruelty to set me again on the paths of righteousness.

Anonymous Idle Spectator August 08, 2013 4:36 PM  

Don't spoil the moment.


I am turning the background music back on so you cannot give a speech.

Nightstickbedwetter: Turn the music back off! I am talking!

Anonymous bob k. mando August 08, 2013 4:51 PM  

you two need to get a room.

Anonymous Idle Spectator August 08, 2013 4:56 PM  

Don't be jealous.

Anonymous Ain August 08, 2013 4:56 PM  

Regarding the Disneyland debate, Anaheim is in Orange Country, which has some of the priciest real estate in the state, largely due to it having Disneyland, multiple other theme parks, and some of the best beaches. Even though it is near L.A., it is not L.A., and everybody here knows it's not. That's not to say it's without its problems, but it's incorrect to say that being next to something makes it equivalent to something.

Anonymous Idle Spectator August 08, 2013 4:58 PM  

Even though it is near L.A., it is not L.A., and everybody here knows it's not. That's not to say it's without its problems, but it's incorrect to say that being next to something makes it equivalent to something.

Well, duh.

Anonymous Huckleberry - est. 1977 August 08, 2013 5:01 PM  

Anaheim is in Orange County

Orange County is great.
Anaheim is its gluteal cleft.
Santa Ana, if you're curious, is its actual sphincter.

Anonymous I'm Sitting In The Big Boy Chair August 08, 2013 5:25 PM  

Idle Spectator, best you follow the command of the Lord.

Proverbs 27:2--Let another praise you, and not your own mouth; a stranger, and not your own lips.


Checkmate!

Anonymous cheddarman August 08, 2013 5:55 PM  

Ann Morgan,

Bring your silly white arse to my neighborhood.

We have plenty of diversity...rednecks, browns, africans, moslems, somalians, african-americans selling crack next to the Indian or pakistani owned convenience store...I am sure all the women folk would love to gather 'round to hear your theories about diversity, unicorns, white privilege, magnetic motors, and peace, love and grooviness.

When the sun sets, and the scary vibrant people come out, I expect to see you to flee in terror for the safety and comfort of the nearest white-topian suburb.

Sincerely

cheddarman

Anonymous Ann Morgan August 08, 2013 5:58 PM  

buzzardist wrote: **The comparison also sounds like nonsense given that one does not normally plant multiple varieties of potatoes in one field.**

True, but the problem in Ireland was that almost every farmer in the country was planting the same, genetically identical potato. Thus, they were all vulnerable to the same plague. If some farmers had planted Lumpers, and others planted Russets, etc, the plague would not have been so devastating to the whole country.

Anonymous Idle Spectator August 08, 2013 6:04 PM  

Idle Spectator, best you follow the command of the Lord.

Proverbs 27:2--Let another praise you, and not your own mouth; a stranger, and not your own lips.


Checkmate!



Why do you assume I am even Christian? I could be Buddhist you know.

If any man who is a man, is still siting in the chair of children, feed the poison of their hearts into their mouth. - The Spectation Book of Idle, 4:69

I think that means arsenic for you. Oh shit.

Anonymous Ann Morgan August 08, 2013 6:06 PM  

Donkeyreynolds wrote: **So it would not make a bit of difference, what variety of potato was raised on the farms.**

Donkey, first of all, if all the potatoes had not been wiped out, there wouldn't have been such a bad food shortage. That Ireland was still exporting food during the famine simply proves that some well fed and highly corrupt people were making a profit at the expense of the rest. Whether or not as many people, or any people at all would have starved if they had not been exporting food is a different subject.

The point is, if the entire country had not been planting homogeneous potatoes, the food situation would not have been as bad as it was.

**And no, the people of Ireland are by no means "homogeneous"....not since the Vikings, the Welsh, the English, and the Scots started coming there.**

Work on your reading comprehension. I never said the PEOPLE in Ireland were homogeneous, I said that the potatoes they were growing at that time were.

Anonymous I'm Sitting In The Big Boy Chair August 08, 2013 6:29 PM  

"Why do you assume I am even Christian? I could be Buddhist you know."

No, you are a Christian. Not a dirty heathen, a Muzzie, or (gasp) an atheist.


Even IF you were Buddhist, you cannot even adhere to the basic tenets of your "faith".

Putting away the hankering after the world, he remains with a heart that hankers not, and purifies his mind of lusts--Buddhist ethics


Either way, you are a religious fraud.

Anonymous The irReverend Idle Spectator August 08, 2013 6:40 PM  

No, you are a Christian. Not a dirty heathen, a Muzzie, or (gasp) an atheist.

And what color pants am I wearing right now?


Even IF you were Buddhist, you cannot even adhere to the basic tenets of your "faith".

I think his first Noble Truth of life being suffering is provided in ample quantity by your writing.


Putting away the hankering after the world, he remains with a heart that hankers not, and purifies his mind of lusts--Buddhist ethics

I am curious which sermon the Buddha used hanker(ing/s) in. Probably shortly after getting a hot dog near his Bodhi tree.


Either way, you are a religious fraud

You'll be crucified for your blasphemy. The is the Church of Idle, IQs below 90 get death.

Anonymous DonReynolds August 08, 2013 8:10 PM  

Ann Moron..."The point is, if the entire country had not been planting homogeneous potatoes, the food situation would not have been as bad as it was."

Given that the famine lasted for SEVEN YEARS, what a shame that YOU were not there to tell them to switch to planting the russet potato. How simple it would have been to plant maize or carrots or even onions. That, and a little English beef, and we could make Irish Stew for all the starving Irish children! How really stupid a nation of millions of people must seem to YOU (and part of the wealthiest Empire in the world) that they would rather lose over a million people to starvation and more than another million people to out-migration ..... simply because they refused to grow a different variety of potato, year after year. (sigh)



Anonymous DonReynolds August 08, 2013 8:36 PM  

**And no, the people of Ireland are by no means "homogeneous"....not since the Vikings, the Welsh, the English, and the Scots started coming there.**

Ann Moron..."Work on your reading comprehension. I never said the PEOPLE in Ireland were homogeneous, I said that the potatoes they were growing at that time were."

Ann Moron..."Some thoughts on homogeneous societies:

"1. A completely homogenenous society is probably a bad idea. In nature, having a completely homogenous population is a recipe for disaster."

Ann Moron..."Josh - the Irish potato famine is simply the best known disaster caused by too homogeneous a population. There are other undesirable things currently going on with certain endangered species (such as Cheetahs the Hawaiian Nene) because the remaining population is too homogeneous."

Ann Moron..."My point is that I'm not sure a completely (or close to completely) homogeneous population in a cultural sense is desirable, any more than a completely homogeneous population is desirable in a genetic sense. There's too much potential for certain types of disaster."

Ann, when you keep using the terms "population", "culture" and "society", many people will believe you are talking about HUMANS and not a specific variety of potato. And, of course you were. And since they are not analogous, it was difficult to shift from one foot to the other frequently in order to make the argument in favor of cultural diversity. Nice try.

Anonymous nick digger August 08, 2013 11:30 PM  

Santa Ana, if you're curious, is [O.C.'s] actual sphincter.

Santa Anoos (Borat's pronunciation)

Anonymous Anonymous August 09, 2013 12:44 AM  

Don Reynolds wrote: **Given that the famine lasted for SEVEN YEARS, what a shame that YOU were not there to tell them to switch to planting the russet potato. How simple it would have been to plant maize or carrots or even onions. That, and a little English beef, and we could make Irish Stew for all the starving Irish children! How really stupid a nation of millions of people must seem to YOU (and part of the wealthiest Empire in the world) that they would rather lose over a million people to starvation and more than another million people to out-migration ..... simply because they refused to grow a different variety of potato, year after year.**

Whether they were stupid or not is not the issue. Very likely they were not stupid, as first of all they didn't know about the dangers of monoculture or being overly homogeneous in crops then, and various circumstances forced large numbers of the population into growing potatoes and nothing else.

Regardless of their reasons WHY they grew only one type of potato, or how a bad situation was made worse by the mishandling of it by their government, the point is that the problem would not have been nearly as severe as it was, if they had grown a greater variety of potatoes and other foodstuffs. The facts that they might not have known better and that doing so would have been difficult for them, are entirely seperate issues.

From a wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Potato_Famine

**The 1841 census showed a population of just over eight million. Two-thirds of those depended on agriculture for their survival, but they rarely received a working wage. They had to work for their landlords in return for the patch of land they needed in order to grow enough food for their own families. This was the system which forced Ireland and its peasantry into monoculture, as only the potato could be grown in sufficient quantity. The rights to a plot of land in Ireland could mean the difference between life and death in the early 19th century.[15]**

**In the first two decades of the 18th century, however, it became a base food of the poor, especially in winter.[23] Furthermore, a disproportionate share of the potatoes grown in Ireland were of a single variety, the Irish Lumper.[24] The expansion of the economy between 1760 and 1815 saw the potato make inroads into the diet of the people and became a staple food all the year round for farmers.[25] The large dependency on this single crop, and the lack of genetic variability among the plants that made up the crop in Ireland, were two of the reasons why the emergence of Phytophthora infestans had such devastating effects in Ireland, and had less severe effects in other European countries (which were also hit by the disease).[26]**

Anonymous Anonymous August 09, 2013 12:54 AM  

Don Reynolds wrote: **Ann, when you keep using the terms "population", "culture" and "society", many people will believe you are talking about HUMANS and not a specific variety of potato. And, of course you were. And since they are not analogous, it was difficult to shift from one foot to the other frequently in order to make the argument in favor of cultural diversity. Nice try.**

Again, you need a course in remedial reading. My argument was not strictly in favor of cultural diversity. Had you bothered to actually read all my posts, you would have noticed that I wrote that too great a degree of diversity in culture could possibly render a nation nonfunctional, just as too great a degree of diversity in the alignment of the magnetic fields in iron atoms could render a magnet, or a motor nonfunctional. However, too little a degree of diversity may not necessarily be desirable, either, as evidenced by what occured in the Irish Potato Famine.

Let's try another analogy - suppose someone said that having too much water in a city was bad, as it would flood the city, ruin all the buildings, and people would drown. True enough. But it does not follow from that that the best state of affairs would therefore be for there to be no water in the city at all, and for the watertowers to be empty, and all human bodies dehydrated into mummies.

Anonymous A Visitor August 09, 2013 1:51 AM  

你怎么知道是普通话还是广东话?

我知道是普通话因为两年在普度大学我学习中文。我说很马马虎虎可是我可以懂。

I only know eight hundred characters (and have forgotten a fair amount of those eight hundred). Regardless, when I see something, I can tell based off my knowledge of Mandarin if it is Mandarin, Japanese, or Korean.

To get a bit back to the original post, the idiots sicken me. Seriously? You don't care about the government monitoring you? You're pathetic, libs!

Anonymous I'm Sitting In The Big Boy Chair August 09, 2013 7:07 AM  

"And what color pants am I wearing right now?"

Trick question. You don't wear any. Only pink skirts Scalzi-style is your exclusive wardrobe.



"You'll be crucified for your blasphemy. The is the Church of Idle, IQs below 90 get death."

And since you fall way below the necessary cut line, you have the following options to choose: concrete shoes, necktie, high voltage. Or, you could engage in some good old-fashioned self-immmolation.

Anonymous The irReverend Idle Spectator August 09, 2013 6:22 PM  

Trick question. You don't wear any. Only pink skirts Scalzi-style is your exclusive wardrobe.

The first part antecedent is correct. The consequent is wrong. It's because I was fucking your mother.


And since you fall way below the necessary cut line, you have the following options to choose: concrete shoes, necktie, high voltage. Or, you could engage in some good old-fashioned self-immmolation.

I would of course say necktie, since I can next go to the office to steal some staplers. I think you meant something in your historically illiterate 85-iq speaking like "Colombian Necktie" or "Glasgow Smile." I say for that ineptness... Death. By Exile. To the man with the cold sweat.

Anonymous I'm Sitting In The Big Boy Chair August 09, 2013 9:56 PM  

"The first part antecedent is correct. The consequent is wrong. It's because I was fucking your mother."

That is your retort to my Scalzi comment? Amateur trash-talking hour at the Apollo on your part!

Besides, I never knew my birth mother...she died during labor. So, you dug up her gravesite and had sex with her remains? I suppose earning the highly coveted Necrophilia Badge for the Christian Libertarian Intelligentsia was a priority on your to-do list. The inscription says...

MC Necrophiliac, where my corpses at?
Crash funerals so my nose gets a whiff of that
Decomposing scent, it's my aphrodisiac


"I think you meant something in your historically illiterate..."

-2 for completely missing my song reference. You've been thunderstruck...


and you're STILL a religious fraud!

Anonymous Idle Spectator August 10, 2013 12:02 AM  

That is your retort to my Scalzi comment? Amateur trash-talking hour at the Apollo on your part!

Not a good fit unlike your mom's vagina. I use syntax and actual grammar.


Besides, I never knew my birth mother...she died during labor.

Probably at the site of you.


So, you dug up her gravesite and had sex with her remains? I suppose earning the highly coveted Necrophilia Badge for the Christian Libertarian Intelligentsia was a priority on your to-do list. The inscription says...

MC Necrophiliac, where my corpses at?
Crash funerals so my nose gets a whiff of that
Decomposing scent, it's my aphrodisiac


"I think you meant something in your historically illiterate..."

-2 for completely missing my song reference. You've been thunderstruck...


and you're STILL a religious fraud!




I know you are, but what am I?

//sticks tongue out

Anonymous kh123 August 10, 2013 12:40 AM  

"Josh - the Irish potato famine is simply the best known disaster caused by too homogeneous a population."

Away and f*ck; get ye back to England, landlord's daughter.

Anonymous p-dawg August 10, 2013 5:08 AM  

I know this is really late, but:

"And the fact that this years blight might affect Lumper potatoes but not Russet potatoes also doesn't mean that you should switch to a homogeneous crop throughout your entire country of Russet potatoes. Because they might just as easily be vulnerable to the blight coming next year."

Yeah. I know. That's the scenario YOU described, not me. I was just pointing out that the homogenous nature of the crop was only ONE factor in the Irish Potato Famine, and not even necessarily THE factor.

Anonymous A Contrite Idle Spectator August 10, 2013 8:58 AM  

In retrospect, I apologize for my unChristian actions. I have a drinking problem. If I say anything mean-spirited or blame others for my own actions, then it is because I am on a bender again.

Anonymous Idle Spectator August 10, 2013 6:18 PM  

My emotionally disturbed doppelganger, most likely wearing something stolen from my wardrobe is right, I do have a drinking problem.


I sadly ran out of vodka.


Now, it's flattering, but I just don't want someone running around wearing a creepy skin Idle-suit. I'm just sayin'.


Hannibal Lecter: The Boy in the Big Boy Chair is not a real Idle Spectator. But he thinks he is. He tries to be. He's tried to be a lot of things, I expect. There are three centers for reassignment surgery: Johns Hopkins, the University of Minnesota and Columbus Medical Centre. I wouldn't be surprised if Billy had applied for reassignment at all of them and been rejected.


Clarice Starling: On what basis would they reject him?


Hannibal Lecter: Look for severe childhood disturbances associated with violence. Our Boy in the Big Boy Chair wasn't born a criminal, Clarice. He was made one through years of systematic abuse. The Boy in the Big Boy Chair hates his own identity, you see, and he thinks that makes him Idle Spectator. But his pathology is a thousand times more savage and more terrifying.

Anonymous A Contrite Idle Spectator August 12, 2013 10:55 PM  

Wow, I went full retard on my last post. I had so much to drink I do not remember anything. I apologize for my boorish behavior. And I do not know why moths are flying in my apartment...

Anonymous Idle Spectator August 13, 2013 6:33 PM  

It's ok Billy, let it out.


Now, the healing may begin.

Anonymous Idle Spectator August 13, 2013 7:22 PM  

Billy, oh, Billy, I love myself so much and am humbled by His presence. I can now start on my journey to self-recovery through the Lord.

Anonymous Dr. Idle Spectator, Johns Hopkins Psychiatric August 13, 2013 9:56 PM  

This is not part of the treatment program.

Stopping the emotional doppelganging is step 1 to recovery.

Anonymous Dr. Idle Spectator, Johns Hopkins Psychiatric August 13, 2013 10:21 PM  

My excessive drinking, combined with my split personality, has rendered me hysterically impotent, unless I follow my own advice.

Anonymous Idle Spectator is Concerned August 14, 2013 7:30 AM  

"Hysterically impotent."

You see, he's not even diagnosing correctly anymore while playing doctor. Let us up the dosage of Risperidone.

Anonymous Idle Spectator Is Concerned August 14, 2013 7:38 PM  

Mmmm, blue pills.

Anonymous Dr. Idle Spectator, Johns Hopkins Psychiatry August 15, 2013 3:06 AM  

That's good. Not the healing may begin.

Anonymous Dr. Idle Spectator, Johns Hopkins Psychiatry August 15, 2013 8:39 AM  

Fuck, I can't even prescribe proper medical advice--indeed, "not" the healing may begin!


“You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.” – Morpheus

I've been fed the Blue Pill from birth and I've never had a proper chance to win at love because I’ve been told the lie about how GAME is played.

Damn, the RED PILL is what I should have prescribed. My medical career has been irreparably tarnished.

Anonymous Idle Spectator August 15, 2013 6:50 PM  

Still going strong is own little world of make-believe. That's so sweet...


I feel like I am in Darkman right now.

Darkman - Durant Sees Double

Anonymous Idle Spectator August 15, 2013 9:19 PM  

When there's no-one else in sight
In the crowded lonely night
Well I wait so long
For my love vibration
And I'm dancing with myself...

Anonymous Idle Spectator is Concerned August 15, 2013 9:23 PM  

See? Told you.

Anonymous Idle Spectator is Concerned August 15, 2013 11:10 PM  

Kindly get over yourself. Life's too short to spend having a protracted public meltdown in front of people who don't care.

Anonymous Idle Spectator August 15, 2013 11:33 PM  

I think the lady doth protest too much.

Blogger terry lenson December 26, 2019 6:52 AM  

I am thankful to this blog for assisting me. I added some specified clues which are really important for me to use them in my writing skill. Really helpful stuff made by this blog.Spine surgery Bakersfield

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts