ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2016 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Wednesday, March 02, 2016

A Churchian sermon on politics

A Churchian cuckservative, appropriately named Peter Wehner, preaches a sermon against Donald Trump in the New York Times:
Among the most inexplicable developments in this bizarre political year is that Donald Trump is the candidate of choice of many evangelical Christians.

Mr. Trump won a plurality of evangelical votes in each of the last three Republican contests, in New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada. He won the glowing endorsement of Jerry Falwell Jr., the president of Liberty University, who has called him “one of the greatest visionaries of our time.” Last week, Pat Robertson, the founder and chairman of the Christian Broadcasting Network, told Mr. Trump during an interview, “You inspire us all.”

If this embrace strikes you as discordant, it should. This visionary and inspiring man humiliated his first wife by conducting a very public affair, chronically bullies and demeans people, and says he has never asked God for forgiveness. His name is emblazoned on a casino that features a strip club; he has discussed anal sex on the air with Howard Stern and, after complimenting his daughter Ivanka’s figure, pointed out that if she “weren’t my daughter, perhaps I would be dating her.” He once supported partial-birth abortion and to this day praises Planned Parenthood, the nation’s largest abortion provider. He is a narcissist appealing to people whose faith declares that pride goes before a fall.

Mr. Trump’s character is antithetical to many of the qualities evangelicals should prize in a political leader: integrity, compassion and reasoned convictions, wisdom and prudence, trustworthiness, a commitment to the moral good.... At its core, Christianity teaches that everyone, no matter at what station or in what season in life, has inherent dignity and worth. “Follow justice and justice alone,” Deuteronomy says, “so that you may live and possess the land the Lord your God is giving you.” The attitude of Thrasymachus is foreign to biblical Christianity. So is Trumpism. In embracing it, evangelical Christians are doing incalculable damage to their witness.
There are few Churchian phrases I hold in more contempt than "damage to their witness". It's passive-aggressive manipulative nonsense. In combination with their actions, use of the phrase shows what forked-tongued liars the Churchians are. The Churchian "witness" is pure poison. They preen and posture and virtue-signal and criticize and condemn, driving genuine believers from the pews while simultaneously welcoming women and sexual deviants and atheists to the pulpits.

Any decent, honest, self-respecting man would rather pledge his life to Satan, Cthulhu, or the Nameless Spirit of the Abyss than live life the way these mealy-mouthed, nominal Christians do. They don't follow Jesus Christ and worship God, they follow public opinion and worship at the altar of social approval.

The punchline: Peter Wehner, a senior fellow at the Ethics and Public Policy Center, served in the last three Republican administrations.

I don't know if Jesus would vote for Donald Trump or not, but I know that he wouldn't constantly lie like the Churchians do. And frankly, I think he'd drive an awful lot of Churchian sermonizers out of the Church with bullwhips, just as he drove the moneylenders out of the Temple.

Labels: , ,

182 Comments:

Blogger IrishFarmer March 02, 2016 8:04 AM  

Jesus would be spinning in His grave of He hadnt risen from it. I support Trump if only to watch the heads explode - election day can't come soon enough.

Anonymous JAG March 02, 2016 8:07 AM  

Wehner needs to take the log out of his eye.

Blogger Johan March 02, 2016 8:08 AM  

Cucks are doing far more damage to the witness of Christ than Trump. They make Christ look weak and lukewarm, when he said himself that he would spit the lukewarm from his mouth.

I highly doubt that Christ would support the invasion of Christian nations by Muslim hordes. He was also a big fan of walls.

Blogger Anchorman March 02, 2016 8:13 AM  

Wehner is trying to virtue signal via suicidal voting.

"But if not" and all that (Daniel, Dunkirk, and other references).

Blogger ZhukovG March 02, 2016 8:20 AM  

We're electing a President, not a chief theologian. We are not choosing someone to set a moral example, we are choosing someone to repel an invasion.

Anonymous Watchu talkin bout Willis March 02, 2016 8:24 AM  

Where was this asshole when Obama was elected…twice.

Blogger tz March 02, 2016 8:26 AM  

Dear Churchians:
1. How many Muslims have you converted with your witness - they pray 5 times daily and do a hard fast for an entire lunar month and their women's heads are covered (see Paul).
2. Little Sisters of the poor - Mother Thresa's group is still around. How do your vows of chastity, obedience, and poverty compare?
3. You are the mob of Pharisees that brought a woman caught in adultery - not the man, but reversed it for your purposes, and are saying we need to stone Trump because that is what Moses said. We reply with our Lord, let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
4. You hypocrites have stood by while 55 million innocent babies have been slaughtered and the total vitriol against anyone aiding the abortion holocaust is either non-existent or far less than what you say about Trump. Many marched with Glenn Beck in Birmingham, AL shouting All Lives Matter, Never Again is Now, except there is a Planned Parenthood Abortuary that was slaughtering innocents even as you marched - All lives? Now?, no, it's only purpose was to make you feel good.
5. I'll add no-fault, man-fault divorce, and single motherhood and the razing of the family-temples. Divorce murders the one flesh, but Deadbeat dads who can't find a job are worse than these Murdering Moms who just got tired of the guy.

You will not be spared.

Anonymous Jim Mortensen March 02, 2016 8:26 AM  

I actually misread your title which led to me creating a new term "serminar" (or sermonar whichever works better). Helps give a bit of a self-help/telemarketing spin to their proselyganda (woohoo im on a roll today making these up)

Blogger Salt March 02, 2016 8:26 AM  

served in the last three Republican administrations

So this preening pastor lent his service to the bombs of Empire. Not once, but three times.

Anonymous VFM #6306 March 02, 2016 8:29 AM  

Wehner's witness involves making a Mormon electable. Miracles happen every day.

Anonymous Steve Hansen March 02, 2016 8:36 AM  

He looks like one of those guys on To Catch A Predator.

Blogger Kallmunz March 02, 2016 8:45 AM  

What is most sickening about this is that it is a clear political hit piece by the Republican establishment clocked in christianity. May the Lord have mercy on you, but in the meantime, we won't

Blogger Nate March 02, 2016 8:52 AM  

my opinion of Trump is widely known.... but the whole "You can't be a Christian and vote for Trump" pisses me off something awful. These people supported John McCain for crying out loud.

Anonymous paradox March 02, 2016 8:53 AM  

EPPC is a 501(c)(3) has Wehner made a violation?

Blogger Yemi Fawehinmi March 02, 2016 8:54 AM  

You are so right Vox. They seem to have found the courage to voice their displeasure of a political candidate and shame Christians for voting for Trump (I am not a Trump supporter but I understand why his presidential run is important for the future of the US). But I wonder where this same voice was when Obama was running in 2012.

Blogger Nate March 02, 2016 8:55 AM  

"Where was this asshole when Obama was elected…twice."

He was telling everyone to vote for McCain and Romney. Neither of whom is even slightly Christian... Because Most Importantest Election EVAR!!!!

Anonymous JRL March 02, 2016 8:55 AM  

many evangelicals have learned not to expect godliness from politicians, they are not electing the pastor in chief.

Anonymous Steve March 02, 2016 8:56 AM  

On the other end of the testosterone scale, Republicans in Texas have just voted in a new party chairman who is cuckdeath incarnate:

http://www.texastribune.org/2016/03/02/newly-elected-gop-chair-texas-capitol/

The newly elected chair of the Republican Party in the county that includes the Texas Capitol spent most of election night tweeting about former Gov. Rick Perry’s sexual orientation and former President Bill Clinton’s penis, and insisting that members of the Bush family should be in jail.

He also found time to call Hillary Clinton an “angry bull dyke” and accuse his county vice chair of betraying the values of the Republican Party.


Of course, This Awesome Will Not Stand:

Mackowiak, a Republican strategist, immediately announced over social media that he would do everything in his power to remove Morrow from office.

“We will explore every single option that exists, whether it be persuading him to resign, trying to force him to resign, constraining his power, removing his ability to spend money or resisting any attempt for him to access data or our social media account,” Mackowiak told the Tribune. “I’m treating this as a coup and as a hostile takeover.”

“Tell them they can go fuck themselves,” Morrow told the Tribune.


Morrow, who’s also tweeted that Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida is “very likely a gayman who got married,” said he supports the brand of Republican politics he most closely associates with Donald Trump and Sen. Ted Cruz.

[...]

Morrow’s main complaint is with “establishment” Republicans, who he does not believe should hold elected office, he said. Last week, he tweeted that the Republican National Committee was just a “gay foam party.”


I don't know Robert Morrow, but I love him already. No homo.

Anonymous PR March 02, 2016 8:56 AM  

Trump doesn't ask for forgiveness.

Neither do I. One of the best things that's happened to me in my Christianity is when I stopped asking forgiveness for my sins. Instead I thank him for the forgiveness I've already received. It's huge difference. I've even come to believe that the asking of forgiveness might be somewhat insulting to God because it's sort of saying that the death of Jesus wasn't good enough. Which is more important to God? The blood of Jesus? Or my apology for doing X for the thousandth time?

So...maybe Trump has this figured out? I kind of doubt it, but maybe.

Anonymous ThirdMonkey March 02, 2016 8:59 AM  

We have a private abortion clininc here. The virtue-signaling SJWs were always outside protesting. It never made a dent in his numbers. A couple of years ago, a couple of women went in to the clininc, and all they did was visit with the employees and asked them how they could pray for them. A few months later, they started having a weekly Bible study in the clinic. A funny thing is happening. The clinic's business has declined to a point that the doctor who owns it is closing his doors. The doctor still has another clinic in California, and he still performs abortions, but he won't be doing it in our city much longer.

I wonder what would happen if these "preachers," instead of standing on their own self-righteousness, called up the Trump campaign and offered to lift them up in prayer?

The prayer of a righteous man has great power as it is working. Maybe they know that in their Pharasitical finger-pointing, God will not hear their prayers.

Blogger CarpeOro March 02, 2016 9:01 AM  

I have to disagree VD. Christ was always harder on those that lead astray his lambs. The money changers got off easy compared to what he can expect if he doesn't repent.

Blogger Josh March 02, 2016 9:08 AM  

Hopefully we're seeing the shattering of the Religious Right.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan March 02, 2016 9:12 AM  

He has never ever scolded a leftist, ask him. And that is instant scold disqualification

Blogger Gaiseric March 02, 2016 9:12 AM  

@18: "I don’t even think Mackowiak is going to support the Republican nominee, who is probably going to be Trump," Morrow said. "What kind of traitor to the party is Matt Mackowiak? The incredible amount of damage someone like him does to the party — and he’s a douchebag."

—and he's a douchebag. Ha! Talk about a K-selected approach!

Blogger Paul Widdecombe March 02, 2016 9:12 AM  

If he'd said cucky things like Jesus hates the border fence, etc. I could have some sympathy with this view, but from what I can see in the post it was just stuff like. Trump supports abortion, cheated on his wife, talked about boning his daughter, anal sex, runs a strip club.

Surely you aren't saying these are good Xtian virtues?

I'm not American so don't have to deal with the question of whether Trump is the only feasible candidate & do the required nose holding stoically.

Besides - the primaries or whatever aren't over yet, so it is all still fair game. So he trashed your guy - not a good basis for trashing his faith if you ask me. Wait and see how he reacts if & when he has to fall in line behind Mein Drumpf. (I'm not saying he wont react predictably, btw...)

I haven't read the link - maybe there's something there that merits your reaction. If there is, you haven't presented it here convincingly, IMO.

Anonymous WinstonWebb March 02, 2016 9:15 AM  

JoshMarch 02, 2016 9:08 AM
Hopefully we're seeing the shattering of the Religious Right.


This will be an election long-remembered. It has seen the end of the GOPe, and it will soon see the end of the Religious Right.

*cue Imperial March

Anonymous Don March 02, 2016 9:15 AM  

It is interesting to hear American family radio push the theme that self described Christians who vote for trump really aren't Christians. Trying to disqualify.

Blogger Josh March 02, 2016 9:18 AM  

Trump doesn't ask for forgiveness.

Neither do I. One of the best things that's happened to me in my Christianity is when I stopped asking forgiveness for my sins. Instead I thank him for the forgiveness I've already received. It's huge difference. I've even come to believe that the asking of forgiveness might be somewhat insulting to God because it's sort of saying that the death of Jesus wasn't good enough. Which is more important to God? The blood of Jesus? Or my apology for doing X for the thousandth time?


Big difference: Trump said he has NEVER asked for forgiveness.

NEVER.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan March 02, 2016 9:19 AM  

Have the churchians ever scolded a feminist, a Muslim, a leftard racial bigot? I doubt it, they exist as enforcers of people who mistakenly respect them. They are not that hard to take out

Anonymous Michael Maier March 02, 2016 9:20 AM  

Excuse me... but WHO is saying Trump is the candidate Christ would want? WHO is claiming he is a good Christian example?

Seems to me most folks supporting Trump are simply giving a big middle finger to a WORLDLY thing (government).

I do not see where Jesus Christ comes into this at all.

Blogger Student in Blue March 02, 2016 9:26 AM  

@Steve
I don't know Robert Morrow, but I love him already. No homo.
Careful, your transamericanism is showing.

Blogger Josh March 02, 2016 9:27 AM  

Relevant:

What do you understand Scripture to say about voting/government involvement?

As I said, I see absolutely no precedent or warrant in the NT for followers of Jesus to be invested in trying to enforce their ideas on others through the power of a vote. Our whole allegiance is to be to our king and his kingdom, for we “cannot serve two masters” (Mt 6:24;Lk 16:13). This means we should have no allegiance to any earthly king, any worldly government, and any earthly nation. Moreover, history unambiguously demonstrates that whenever Christians have had divided loyalties, it has been disastrous both for the church and state.

- See more at: http://reknew.org/2014/11/greg-on-politics/#sthash.3xlGFk0p.dpuf

Anonymous WinstonWebb March 02, 2016 9:29 AM  

I do not see where Jesus Christ comes into this at all.

That's because you (presumably) view Jesus as a religious figure. They don't. Jesus is a virtue-signalling tool to them...and nothing more. I'm agnostic and I'm just as much of a "Christian" as those clowns.

Blogger Paul Widdecombe March 02, 2016 9:29 AM  

Transamerican - I love that!

Anonymous NZT March 02, 2016 9:29 AM  

Preaching a sermon in the Moloch-worshipping New York Times? not exactly the most credible of venues.

Trump isn't running for Head Pastor of the USA. Evangelicals seem to realize this. They also realize that, because Trump fights hard when the media smears him for being un-PC, he's also likely to fight for them when they get the same treatment. He's also the only candidate overtly calling for a halt to the Islamization of the West. Whether or not Trump is a good Christian, there's good reason to believe he'll be good FOR Christians, and that's enough for me.

Blogger Josh March 02, 2016 9:34 AM  

Keep in mind that evangelicals are not a monolithic bloc. Trump doesn't do as well with evangelicals who go to church weekly.

Blogger Nick S March 02, 2016 9:39 AM  

It's not a question of whether or not Trump is an actual Christian. It's a question of whether or not Trump is a bald-faced liar taking SJW entryism to a whole new level of evil genius.

Blogger Matamoros March 02, 2016 9:44 AM  

@36
Those who go to church weekly are more propagandized by their SJW pastors into the SJW social gospel.

Anonymous Hot Beef Injected March 02, 2016 9:46 AM  

In what way are American evangelicals truly Christian? If they were, their actions would reflect their commitment to loving, serving, and taking care of fellow humans. No real evidence of this, unless one were to conflate morally flaccid obsequiousness with love. About half of them believe Obama is a Muslim and illegitimate. Organized hate groups would not survive without their implicit collusion. They hate women, hate gays, hate non-whites. Trump is their new Caliph; he will politically deliver what Falwell and Robertson couldn't. They cannot believe that America resists their Kool Aid, and will not rapidly transform into a theocracy in which they rule absolutely, on behalf of god.

No surprise that evangelicals remain the most anti-American or Americans. They are vocally against science and evidence, most infatuated with hate groups, most subservient to big businesses, most devoted to superstition, and most resistant to free thinking and education. They are also the most economically backward; states with higher concentration of evangelicals feed more voraciously at the federal teat - while maintaining they hate government.

Evangelicals and ethics are contradictions in terms. Of course Trump, with the long list of people he will dis-empower, disenfranchise, and de-legitimize, emerges as their messiah.

Anonymous Trimegistus March 02, 2016 9:47 AM  

Near where I live is a Unitarian Universalist Church. They fly the rainbow flag. They have a Black Lives Matter banner up over the door. They have a quote from MLK on the announcement board.

They hold services once a month.

Being political is now the whole purpose and process of that church. God isn't involved.

Blogger WATYF March 02, 2016 9:48 AM  

Paul Widdecombe wrote:If he'd said cucky things like Jesus hates the border fence, etc. I could have some sympathy with this view, but from what I can see in the post it was just stuff like. Trump supports abortion, cheated on his wife, talked about boning his daughter, anal sex, runs a strip club. Surely you aren't saying these are good Xtian virtues?

This was my thought as well. I didn't see any immigration or race-related whining, only questions about Trump's moral character in other areas.

I don't fault anyone for voting for Trump. I understand the arguments for his necessity (John C. Wright's probably being the most coherent), but let's not pretend that he's a model for Christian behavior. If someone points out the obvious disconnect between Christ's teachings and Trump's actions, that doesn't exactly make them a "cuckservative". Of course, I don't know anything about this author, so maybe his other writings display those qualities.

WATYF

Anonymous Steve March 02, 2016 9:49 AM  

Student in Blue - I watched The Dukes of Hazzard as a boy. WHERE'S MY GREEN CARD?!?

Anonymous aegis-1080 March 02, 2016 9:50 AM  

((Wehner)).

But of course that the name ((echoes)), why do you ask?

Anonymous VFM #6306 March 02, 2016 9:51 AM  

What? Artaxerxes isn't a Christian? How can God possibly use him to chastise an entire nation?

Anonymous A Visitor March 02, 2016 9:51 AM  

@18

I read a bit of that link...so hilarious! Thank you!

"Travis County GOP Apoplectic Over New Chairman
by Jordan Rudner March 2, 2016 44Comments
Comment
Republish
Email
Tweet
Recommend
Author Robert Morrow was elected chairman of the Travis Co. Republican Party on March 1, 2016.
EnlargeCredit: YouTube screenshot
Author Robert Morrow was elected chairman of the Travis Co. Republican Party on March 1, 2016.
The newly elected chair of the Republican Party in the county that includes the Texas Capitol spent most of election night tweeting about former Gov. Rick Perry’s sexual orientation and former President Bill Clinton’s penis, and insisting that members of the Bush family should be in jail.

He also found time to call Hillary Clinton an “angry bull dyke” and accuse his county vice chair of betraying the values of the Republican Party.

“The people have spoken,” Robert Morrow, who won the helm of the Travis County GOP with 54 percent of the vote, told The Texas Tribune. “My friends and neighbors and political supporters — they wanted Robert Morrow.”

Morrow’s election as Republican chair of the fifth-largest county in Texas left several members of the Travis County GOP, including vice chair Matt Mackowiak, apoplectic. Mackowiak, a Republican strategist, immediately announced over social media that he would do everything in his power to remove Morrow from office.

“We will explore every single option that exists, whether it be persuading him to resign, trying to force him to resign, constraining his power, removing his ability to spend money or resisting any attempt for him to access data or our social media account,” Mackowiak told the Tribune. “I’m treating this as a coup and as a hostile takeover.”


“Tell them they can go fuck themselves,” Morrow told the Tribune.

The Travis County GOP, which operates in one of the most liberal counties in the state, nonetheless is the local party for a number of prominent Texas Republicans, including Gov. Greg Abbott. The county party’s responsibilities include running elections and precinct conventions and working to elect Republicans at the local level.

Mackowiak said he was especially uncomfortable with the prospect of Morrow engaging in local politics, the core function of the job to which Morrow was just elected.

“We have someone who ran here who absolutely has no intention of serving the Republican Party with leadership and faithfulness,” Mackowiak said. “His social media account is something that no child should see. He is a total disaster.”

Although Morrow was elected with just more than 25,000 votes — 6,000 more than his one challenger, the incumbent chair James Dickey — Mackowiak said he and others would consider leaving the county party altogether to form a new Republican organization if they could not remove Morrow from office.

“I will not rest until we remove him as chairman," Mackowiak told the Tribune. "He’s going to be an absolute embarrassment to the party. And if we fail in these efforts, we will start an alternate organization.”

Blogger WATYF March 02, 2016 9:51 AM  

PR wrote:Trump doesn't ask for forgiveness. Neither do I. One of the best things that's happened to me in my Christianity is when I stopped asking forgiveness for my sins. Instead I thank him for the forgiveness I've already received.

So you never pray the prayer that He taught His disciples to pray?

I feel no need to make excuses for Trump or to make him sound more Christ-like than he actually is (which is very little). He is a blunt instrument. We should be under no illusions to the contrary.

WATYF

Anonymous A Visitor March 02, 2016 9:51 AM  

Even as Mackowiak attempts to unseat Morrow, Morrow has called Mackowiak’s own conservative credentials into question, especially because of recent tweets from Mackowiak that included the hashtag #NeverTrump.

“I don’t even think Mackowiak is going to support the Republican nominee, who is probably going to be Trump,” Morrow said. “What kind of traitor to the party is Matt Mackowiak? The incredible amount of damage someone like him does to the party — and he’s a douchebag.”


Morrow, who’s also tweeted that Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida is “very likely a gayman who got married,” said he supports the brand of Republican politics he most closely associates with Donald Trump and Sen. Ted Cruz.

“The Republican Party, I would hope, is about limited government with a libertarian perspective,” Morrow said. “But it’s a big tent, and there are many factions in it, and that’s okay with me.”

Morrow’s main complaint is with “establishment” Republicans, who he does not believe should hold elected office, he said. Last week, he tweeted that the Republican National Committee was just a “gay foam party.”

Morrow has a long history of critiquing prominent state Republicans in vulgar, and often sexually explicit, terms. For years, he has alleged that Perry is secretly bisexual; in 2010, he referred to him as “Gov. Skank Daddy” in an email.

“Perry is an epic hypocrite,” he told the Tribune on Wednesday. “I think he has been a rampaging bisexual adulterer for many decades.”"

@19 Ask forgiveness for when you commit sins. Don't ask forgiveness for sins you've already sought forgiveness for.

Blogger swiftfoxmark2 March 02, 2016 9:52 AM  

My main frustration with Churchians is that they are cowards through and through. Sure, it is easy to condemn homosexuality and men who have affairs, but it is a difficult thing to condemn single motherhood and divorce.

And their politics are basically theocracy without the fun of an Inquisition.

Blogger Artisanal Toad March 02, 2016 9:52 AM  

Some men preach the gospel because that's what they were called to do. These guys tend to be thin, smart, sincere and happy.

Some men who purport to preach the gospel, but the only "call" they ever got was the call to dinner. These guys tend to be fat, dumb and troubled.

There are in fact many "callings" but the call Wehner answered was the one from the GOPe to throw everything at Trump, including the kitchen sink.

Anonymous Hezekiah Garrett March 02, 2016 9:52 AM  

@7 Could you more clearly state #2.

Are you drawing a comparison between the Little Sisters of The Poor, and the Missionaries of Charity (Mother Theresa's order)? Or are you accidentally conflating them? Or are you comparing them to Churchians? Or calling them out?

It's just makes no sense.

Blogger FALPhil March 02, 2016 9:53 AM  

I wonder what would happen if these "preachers," instead of standing on their own self-righteousness, called up the Trump campaign and offered to lift them up in prayer?


And that, Dread Ilk, is the question. This is where you separate the Faithful from the Churchians.

Blogger Ron Winkleheimer March 02, 2016 9:54 AM  

OK, I know I am going to regret this, but what is a foam party?

Anonymous Steve March 02, 2016 9:54 AM  

A Visitor - Right?

TRUMP/MORROW 2016 - MAKE SHITLORDING GREAT AGAIN

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother March 02, 2016 9:55 AM  

I know Robert. He is a wild, ZFG dude. I am ecstatic to hear about his election.

Blogger VD March 02, 2016 9:56 AM  

Surely you aren't saying these are good Xtian virtues?

I don't even know what an "Xtian virtue" is. Whatever can you be talking about, Mr. Passive-aggressive gamma?

I can, however, say that foam parties are not generally considered a Christian virtue.

In what way are American evangelicals truly Christian?

They hate the wicked and the deceivers like you.

Anonymous JP March 02, 2016 9:58 AM  

"If he'd said cucky things like Jesus hates the border fence, etc. I could have some sympathy with this view, but from what I can see in the post it was just stuff like. Trump supports abortion, cheated on his wife, talked about boning his daughter, anal sex, runs a strip club."

Trump is far from the ideal candidate, but your missing the point. "Christians" who never spoke out about Bill Clinton's affairs, Obama's latest-of-late term abortion support, etc., are coming out of the woodwork with these "I don't talk about politics, but I feel compelled to now..." posts. All of them are self-congratulatory drivel...and supported and liked by other churchians/cucks.

Blogger tz March 02, 2016 9:58 AM  

Luke 18:9-18 applies to all, the Pharisee justifying himself.
There have been many people who are worse sinners whose sins have not come to light.

But the obvious question is why they are not extolling the virtues of their choice?
Carson - he is the most "Christian".
Cruz used deception, lies, and is throwing as much mud as Trump; Then there's his contributors including his Wife - Goldman Sachs, CFR, North American Union... Who does Cruz associate with? And he hasn't repented of most of these things and some of his apologies sound like he's sorry for getting caught.

If you wish to be a just judge and evaluate candidates on a given basis, you can't bend the rules for your favorite. When you draw a line and you say you cannot cross it, it is best to insure your favorite is not on the same side of the line as the person you are rejecting.

Blogger CM March 02, 2016 10:01 AM  

I don't know if Jesus would vote for Donald Trump or not

God had no issues using Cyrus for His purpose. I doubt DJT is beyond God's ability.

Those who go to church weekly are more propagandized by their SJW pastors into the SJW social gospel.

That's what I was going to say. Actually, the pro-SJ is what has been keeping me from church of late. /sigh/

Time for a new church.

Blogger Ron Winkleheimer March 02, 2016 10:05 AM  

@Josh

Reading that article you linked to leads me to believe that his main argument is that Jesus didn't participate in the political process and therefore Christians shouldn't either, with a little "two masters" sprinkled on top.

1) Christ didn't do a lot of things. He didn't drive a car or fly in an airplane. He never saw a flush toilet or TV or the Internet. Should we eschew those things too?

2) Romans 13. We live in a republic, if we are to submit to authority shouldn't we have a say in forming it?

3) We are told to be in the world, but not of the world. Wouldn't being in the world include trying to influence society using the tools available?

4) Christ specifically said to render to Caesar what is Caesar's. Couldn't participation in a republic's political process be construed as rendering to Caesar?

Blogger Student in Blue March 02, 2016 10:08 AM  

@Steve
I watched The Dukes of Hazzard as a boy. WHERE'S MY GREEN CARD?!?
You don't look good enough in Daisy Dukes to qualify under that exemption.

Anonymous deet March 02, 2016 10:11 AM  

This guy sounds almost as stupid and cucky as Pope Francis.

Anonymous Steve March 02, 2016 10:13 AM  

Yes I do.

Anonymous rienzi March 02, 2016 10:15 AM  

I don't care if The Donald stands on top of a pyramid, and cuts the beating hearts from naked, virgin nuns with an obsidian knife, and then offers said hearts to the rain god.

As long as the wall gets built. At this point in our history, nothing else matters.

Anonymous Golden Flowers March 02, 2016 10:16 AM  

Why the republican party is dying

http://www.jewishjournal.com/cover_story/article/why_the_republican_party_is_dying

Anonymous WinstonWebb March 02, 2016 10:16 AM  

SteveMarch 02, 2016 10:13 AM
Yes I do.


Somewhere, Marco Rubio is madly fapping and he doesn't know why...

Blogger Skylark Thibedeau March 02, 2016 10:20 AM  

I'd rather have Nebuchadnezzar or Caesar Augustus as president than Rubio, Clinton, or Obama. heck even Julian the Apostate would be better

Anonymous Steve March 02, 2016 10:20 AM  

Somewhere, Marco Rubio is madly fapping and he doesn't know why...

Yes. And speaking of Marco playing polo in a sweaty techno-foam-party-schlongfest...

Look everybody, it's Golden Showers!

Ha! Ha!

Blogger Mr.MantraMan March 02, 2016 10:22 AM  

We got a troll essay and no one cared, glorious

Anonymous Heh March 02, 2016 10:26 AM  

Mr. Trump’s character is antithetical to many of the qualities evangelicals should prize in a political leader: integrity, compassion and reasoned convictions, wisdom and prudence, trustworthiness, a commitment to the moral good....

Churchians would no doubt insist that women have these wonderful qualities. But in my experience, you're about as likely to find them in a woman as you would in a politician.

Blogger Dexter March 02, 2016 10:31 AM  

Near where I live is a Unitarian Universalist Church. They fly the rainbow flag. They have a Black Lives Matter banner up over the door. They have a quote from MLK on the announcement board.

The local Catholic school has that stuff in the hallways along with a lot of garbage about global warming. But sometimes they also talk about Jesus and Mary...

Anonymous Mike March 02, 2016 10:39 AM  

These Churchians lost any respect from me when I saw them lining up behind Rubio. The only genuinely honest men in the election are Cruz and Carson. I've lost track of the number of people I've seen who call Trump a liar who will betray his supporters at the first chance who announced "Rubio 2016!"

Anonymous FP March 02, 2016 10:39 AM  

"You don't look good enough in Daisy Dukes to qualify under that exemption."

You transgender-phobe! Check your short shorts privilege!

OpenID sigbouncer March 02, 2016 10:46 AM  

Greg
‏@gjjq2704

@RogerJStoneJr I early voted in TX, thought it was shady when my machine switched from Trump to Cruz. I got pic of serial # of machine

Roger Stone ‏@RogerJStoneJr 9h9 hours ago

Abundently clear that @tedcruz beat @realDonaldTrump in Texas only thru wide-spread voter fraud - LBJ would be proud

OpenID sigbouncer March 02, 2016 10:51 AM  

Greg ‏@gjjq2704 9h9 hours ago League City, TX

@dckolarik @RogerJStoneJr I selected trump, got my phone out, took pic and noticed it swapped to cruz. pics are on my page

Blogger Chiva March 02, 2016 10:55 AM  

We got a troll essay and no one cared, glorious

We. Don't. Care.

Anonymous Mike March 02, 2016 10:56 AM  

Right. They're going to give you visual confirmation of voter fraud when all they have to do is change the vote behind the scenes. During a time when the operating assumption is that everyone is carrying a smartphone with a 1080p resolution video capability.

OpenID sigbouncer March 02, 2016 10:59 AM  

"Right. They're going to give you visual confirmation of voter fraud when all they have to do is change the vote behind the scenes."

It's been reported and documented multiple times now by different voters in different states.

De Nile is a river in Egypt.

Blogger Gaiseric March 02, 2016 11:01 AM  

Mike wrote:These Churchians lost any respect from me when I saw them lining up behind Rubio. The only genuinely honest men in the election are Cruz and Carson. I've lost track of the number of people I've seen who call Trump a liar who will betray his supporters at the first chance who announced "Rubio 2016!"
Cruz was one of my favorite politicians (to the extent that you can have favorite politicians) for quite some time, but I never really thought he had the character, force of personality, or the ability to be a leader as opposed to a politician. In any case, his honesty is certainly a matter of debate lately.

Semi OT: Huckabee gets it. Somewhat surprisingly, although what can you say? These guys may be dense, but they're not stupid. Eventually, especially those who have less to lose than others, will start recognizing which way the wind blows. Even the more cowardly will start recognize the preference cascade allows them to say what would have been unsayable in their minds just weeks earlier. http://www.infowars.com/huckabee-trump-phenomenon-is-a-peaceful-overthrow-of-the-government/

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother March 02, 2016 11:02 AM  

I know Robert. He is a wild, ZFG dude. I am ecstatic to hear about his election.

Anonymous Jack Amok March 02, 2016 11:05 AM  

many evangelicals have learned not to expect godliness from politicians, they are not electing the pastor in chief.

For a lot of these people, 'evangelical' is the social club they belong to. The church they worship at is either the Church of Government or the Church of Womanish Social Justice, both of which see the President as their ersatz Pope.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother March 02, 2016 11:08 AM  

BouncyBoy,

I'm sure there was some vote fraud I'm Texas. In fact I guarantee it. You aren't wrong, but it is also a fact that Cruz was ahead in every poll in Texas for months. Trump expected him to win Texas. Everyone did. That's his home turf.

Blogger RobertDWood March 02, 2016 11:08 AM  

Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
James 5:16 ESV
http://bible.com/59/jas.5.16.ESV

And
If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
1 John 1:8-10 ESV
http://bible.com/59/1jn.1.8-10.ESV

Not insulting. It's part of walking in the light to walk in repentance. Confession matters, else we forget we err.

Blogger AureliusMoner March 02, 2016 11:10 AM  

@Paul Widdecombe and WATYF,

VD didn't take him to task for criticizing Trump; he took him to task for saying that Christians "damage their witness" in supporting Trump. So, your criticisms are misplaced.

Blogger Rusty Fife March 02, 2016 11:14 AM  

Hot Beef Injected wrote:In what way are American evangelicals truly Christian? If they were, their actions would reflect their commitment to loving, serving, and taking care of fellow humans

Another homo-erotic handle. Is this you Sick Duck/Golden Showers?

I'm sorry you are so upset we won't serve you by performing a gay wedding for you. But it is a sacrament and you've got the elements all wrong. It's like holding communion using coffee and donuts.

Blogger Student in Blue March 02, 2016 11:14 AM  

@Stg58/Animal Mother
I'm sure there was some vote fraud I'm Texas. In fact I guarantee it. You aren't wrong, but it is also a fact that Cruz was ahead in every poll in Texas for months. Trump expected him to win Texas. Everyone did. That's his home turf.

The accusation wasn't that Cruz stole the election, the accusation was that votes were taken from Trump and given to Rubio, or sometimes some other name that wasn't Cruz.

OpenID sigbouncer March 02, 2016 11:15 AM  

"I'm sure there was some vote fraud I'm Texas. In fact I guarantee it. You aren't wrong, but it is also a fact that Cruz was ahead in every poll in Texas for months."

Polls also had Trump winning in Iowa. Polls are obviously not accurate and mostly meaningless.

Voter fraud is something that should be taken seriously... and not so easily dismissed.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother March 02, 2016 11:16 AM  

SiB,

Sigbouncer reported votes being switched from Trump to Cruz. Hencey rebuttal.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother March 02, 2016 11:17 AM  

No one's dismissing it. In fact, it's a great tell.

OpenID sigbouncer March 02, 2016 11:20 AM  

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poll-cruzs-lead-in-texas-narrows/article/2584538


Poll: Cruz's lead in Texas narrows
By Ryan Lovelace (@LovelaceRyanD) • 2/29/16 3:41 PM

Ted Cruz's lead over Donald Trump in Texas has narrowed to one percentage point, according to a poll from the American Research Group.

The Texas senator received the support of 33 percent of likely GOP voters surveyed, followed by Trump at 32 percent

Blogger Josh March 02, 2016 11:21 AM  

Polls also had Trump winning in Iowa. Polls are obviously not accurate and mostly meaningless.

You should inform Der Trumpenfuher about that.

Blogger Ahazuerus March 02, 2016 11:22 AM  

@CM

Nowhere is safe. I worship weekly in a church most Christians consider a bizarre fundamentalist sect. Don't even start with what the godless think about it. But last sabbath the newsletter announced a seminar by a couple of Californian (surprise surprise) ministers, entitled:

"Is homosexuality a concern for our church? Is our church a safe space for all people?"

I very quickly pointed out the obscene twisting of the words of Christ, who said his house should be a house of prayer for all people. If it wasn't a safe space for the money lenders why should it be safe for those he declared an abomination?

But it's not going to stop. The devil hates anyone who tries honestly to follow God, and he doesn't lack for willing minions. Yesterday a student was expelled from Sheffield University for quoting that same text where God calls homosexuality an abomination, on his Facebook page.

Blogger Student in Blue March 02, 2016 11:22 AM  

Sigbouncer reported votes being switched from Trump to Cruz. Hencey rebuttal.

Hah, somehow missed that, my bad.

On the other hand, there were complaints about this long before primary results came out, so it's harder to dismiss as sour grapes.

Blogger Nate March 02, 2016 11:23 AM  

"Polls also had Trump winning in Iowa. Polls are obviously not accurate and mostly meaningless. "

So.. the polls that showed Trump dominating in Alabama and Georgia and South Carolina and Tennessee... which happened to predict the margin of victory very close to what actually happened...

are meaningless.

Because the poll in Texas, which showed Cruz winning, also happened to be right as well?

You're a special one.

You really are.

OpenID sigbouncer March 02, 2016 11:26 AM  

>Polls also had Trump winning in Iowa. Polls are obviously not accurate and mostly meaningless.

"are meaningless."

Why do you have such trouble with the English language? I said "mostly meaningless" genius.

Blogger Timmy3 March 02, 2016 11:28 AM  

"Huckabee gets it"

I suppose every Christian can play the "you're not a Christian" claim. Huckabee did that to Cruz. Wehner and The Pope did that the Trump.

The lie is not that you can't call out a Christian, it's that it doesn't matter in politics. You can't vote yourself out of heaven. Regardless, American society is getting worse due to our fallen nature. Trump seems to have no self-control. That's my concern for a leader.

Anonymous Jack Amok March 02, 2016 11:30 AM  

Cruz was one of my favorite politicians (to the extent that you can have favorite politicians) for quite some time, but I never really thought he had the character, force of personality, or the ability to be a leader as opposed to a politician.

Though I am pro-Trump, I'm not really anti-Cruz. Certainly not in the way I am anti-Rubio, -Bush or -Clinton. But Cruz just doesn't come across as brash enough for what we need. We do need to make big, bold, gut-wrenching changes, and we need a big, bold, brash leader for that. But a leader needs people willing to follow.

Trump may or may not really believe what he says, and he may or may not have the infighting skills to pull it off if he does believe it, but he is brash and he does have followers.

However flawed Trump might be, his election would be a signal the country is ready to roll the dice and make changes in a way that a Cruz election wouldn't. Cruz represents a repudiation of the GOP party hacks and a tentative desire to futz around the margins. Trump represents a repudiation of Political Correctness and a desire to make radical changes. Cruz is a small step in the right direction, Trump is a leap into... something different. Neither man is as important for what he is as for what he represents.

In any case, his honesty is certainly a matter of debate lately.

Any man's honesty is a matter of debate the moment he enters politics. It is an activity that pretty much requires deceit, and differences are only a matter of degree. The field corrupts good men an attracts bad ones. No decent man would want it as a career, and we shouldn't think any man who chooses it as a career to be decent.

OpenID sigbouncer March 02, 2016 11:31 AM  

"Because the poll in Texas, which showed Cruz winning, also happened to be right as well?"

I just posted a poll (above) that showed Cruz up by just 1 point in Texas. Did Cruz win by 1 point in Texas? No, he did not.

Therefore as I originally stated that you are wrongly disputing:

"Polls are obviously not accurate and mostly meaningless."

Blogger SciVo March 02, 2016 11:36 AM  

Paul Widdecombe wrote:I haven't read the link - maybe there's something there that merits your reaction. If there is, you haven't presented it here convincingly, IMO.

In less time than it took you to comment, you could've skimmed the article and spotted the stale old Good Samaritan fallacy, which he didn't even have the honesty and good grace to make explicit. He just referenced the parable in proximity with "a purposeful effort, led by a demagogue, to incite ugly passions, stoke resentments and divisions, and create fear of those who are not like “us” — Mexicans, Muslims and Syrian refugees," leaving the connection as an exercise for the reader.

He's a professional moral scold who was too slimy and dishonest to make his argument explicit, because that would make the fallacy too readily apparent. I'm actually mad at him.

Blogger Escoffier March 02, 2016 11:40 AM  

A couple of years ago, a couple of women went in to the clininc, and all they did was visit with the employees and asked them how they could pray for them. A few months later, they started having a weekly Bible study in the clinic. A funny thing is happening. The clinic's business has declined to a point that the doctor who owns it is closing his doors. The doctor still has another clinic in California, and he still performs abortions, but he won't be doing it in our city much longer.

Wow ThirdMonkey that is a powerful story.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother March 02, 2016 11:41 AM  

Hey look I used the word "mostly" so I can weasel out of any attempt to pin me down! Ain't I a stinker!

Blogger Nate March 02, 2016 11:45 AM  

"On the other hand, there were complaints about this long before primary results came out, so it's harder to dismiss as sour grapes."

and that could have nothing to do with the fact that polls were consistently showing Cruz winning the state. Right?

look.. this is just standard TrumpFan butt hurt. When he wins polls are great. When he loses polls are bad and someone cheated.

People like SigBouncer are simply incapable of being objective about Trump.

Blogger Nate March 02, 2016 11:48 AM  

"I just posted a poll (above) that showed Cruz up by just 1 point in Texas. Did Cruz win by 1 point in Texas? No, he did not."

and how many polls did you ignore where Cruz was up by 11? and 15?

You know the poll average was almost 10% right?

So yes... everyone expected Cruz to win Texas. Including Donald Trump.

OpenID sigbouncer March 02, 2016 11:49 AM  

>Hey look I used the word "mostly" so I can weasel out of any attempt to pin me down! Ain't I a stinker!

You like to read things and interpret meanings/intent ass backwards.

Read my sentence again and tell how "mostly meaningless" was then point of the sentence over "Polls are obviously not accurate".

"Polls are obviously not accurate and mostly meaningless."

Blogger Paul Widdecombe March 02, 2016 11:50 AM  

VD:

I don't even know what an "Xtian virtue" is. Whatever can you be talking about, Mr. Passive-aggressive gamma?

Not quite sure how that statement managed to get you #Triggered there, Pocahontas. Might want to update your Code of Conduct to clarify that this is a passive aggression free #SafeSpace.

Here's a good website that can show you what Xtian means:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=XTIAN

But the rest of your comment shows that you knew exactly what I was talking about so I'm not whether you have a point that you are trying to make at all, or just wanted to flex your alpha-ness by calling somebody you've never met a gamma. I can tell you I'm not a gamma, if that is something you are interested in. Not quite sure what I am, to be honest - or whether I care enough to change anybody's perception of my alpha-ness or lack thereof.

Anyway - The Trump is fine...

Blogger Nate March 02, 2016 11:50 AM  

Polls leading up to Texas:

FOX 26/Opinion Savvy 2/28 - 2/28 Cruz +11
Emerson 2/26 - 2/28 Cruz +3
ARG 2/26 - 2/28 Cruz +1
CBS News/YouGov 2/22 - 2/26 Cruz +11
Monmouth 2/22 - 2/24 Cruz +15
NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl 2/18 - 2/23 Cruz +13

OpenID sigbouncer March 02, 2016 11:52 AM  

"look.. this is just standard TrumpFan butt hurt. When he wins polls are great. When he loses polls are bad and someone cheated."

More pure bullshit from Nate.

I have posted links and twitter accounts of voters who had their votes switched. They obviously were cheated.

You wanna be dismissive about voter fraud and cry "Trumpfan"? That shows your character or lack of.

Blogger Doktor Jeep March 02, 2016 11:52 AM  

The "moral majority" of the 1980s were the foundation of the same kind of moral alarmist and outrage specialists that we see in SJWs now.

I imagine that maybe, as the Trotskyists morphed into the neocons, the leftoids, a kind of southern democrat ilk, morphed into the SJWs.

Who was the spokesperson screeching about heavy metal in the 1980s? The wife of Al Gore. Al Gore, the man who gave the left their own version of end time prophecy, known as climate change.

From Dick Cheney to George Soros, these people who how to work a crowd.

Anonymous Philalethes March 02, 2016 11:57 AM  

How the GOP Insiders Plan to Steal the Nod From Trump – Roger Stone at Breitbart

They have five months to figure out how to do it; and I don't think Trump has yet topped 50% in any state – which is what he needs (in several major ones) to have a strong case against a "brokered" convention. It's been interesting, but it's far from over.

The quote at the beginning of the article is also relevant to this thread.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother March 02, 2016 11:58 AM  

BouncyBoy,

People here won't let you get away with whatever bullshit you try to peddle elsewhere. I'm sure that's a heavy dose of chagrin.

OpenID sigbouncer March 02, 2016 11:59 AM  

"Polls leading up to Texas:

FOX 26/Opinion Savvy 2/28 - 2/28 Cruz +11
Emerson 2/26 - 2/28 Cruz +3
ARG 2/26 - 2/28 Cruz +1
CBS News/YouGov 2/22 - 2/26 Cruz +11
Monmouth 2/22 - 2/24 Cruz +15
NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl 2/18 - 2/23 Cruz +13 "

And just what does this selective polling prove?

It shows that 2 of the 6 polls you've chosen as examples had Cruz winning by 1% and 3%.

If these two polls were accurate do you understand how this would have changed the delegate count?

Anonymous JP March 02, 2016 12:01 PM  

"Al Gore, the man who gave the left their own version of end time prophecy, known as climate change."

Didn't he say some really dire things would happen by 2015?

Blogger WATYF March 02, 2016 12:03 PM  

AureliusMoner wrote:@Paul Widdecombe and WATYF,

VD didn't take him to task for criticizing Trump; he took him to task for saying that Christians "damage their witness" in supporting Trump. So, your criticisms are misplaced.


He did a little more than just that. I agree about the "damaging your witness" part being lame, but I don't see any reason to fault someone for pointing out that Trump is a bad moral example.

However it appears that while skimming I missed the off-handed comment about "othering" Muslims and Mexicans and what not, so I was incorrect about there not being any cucky parts of the article.

WATYF

Blogger Nick S March 02, 2016 12:05 PM  

A sprinkling of anecdotal claims of voter fraud are obviously not systemically indicative and are mostly meaningless.

Blogger Student in Blue March 02, 2016 12:07 PM  

@Nate
and that could have nothing to do with the fact that polls were consistently showing Cruz winning the state. Right?

I know it's rhetorical, but yes, it could have nothing to do with that. It could also have everything to do with that, but I'm not going to paint them all with the same brush.

Probably the notable thing here is most of the early complaints were about Trump to Rubio, which would make sense as Rubio's the establishment darling.

I also wouldn't be too surprised if some overeager Trump fans took those early reports and blew it out of proportions blaming Cruz. I also wouldn't be too surprised if ‏"‏@gjjq2704" happened to be a move by the establishment trying to kick up more fighting between Cruz and Trump.

Seriously, what kind of user handle is ‏‏@gjjq2704 if that's not a blatant throwaway? Kind of suspicious.

Anyway Nate, I was hoping you'd answer my other question from the other thread: What piece of evidence would convince you that the establishment would rather self destruct/have Hillary win than Cruz AND Trump? It's a bit ridiculous to be comparing who's more hated if the establishment would never ever ever be in cahoots with either.

OpenID sigbouncer March 02, 2016 12:14 PM  

"People here won't let you get away with whatever bullshit you try to peddle elsewhere. I'm sure that's a heavy dose of chagrin."

I don't peddle bullshit anywhere, Sgt Mom.

And from what I can see here. It's the usual suspects attacking my statements and making an ass of themselves.

I made a couple posts about legitimate voter fraud here today. I'm not interested in doing a tit for tat again. That only serves to disrupt the blog and good discussions.

Blogger Rabbi B March 02, 2016 12:19 PM  

"I made a couple posts about legitimate voter fraud here today. I'm not interested in doing a tit for tat again. That only serves to disrupt the blog and good discussions."

Irony.

Blogger SciVo March 02, 2016 12:19 PM  

WATYF wrote:However it appears that while skimming I missed the off-handed comment about "othering" Muslims and Mexicans and what not, so I was incorrect about there not being any cucky parts of the article.

It was very cleverly done. I use the same rhetorical technique myself; in fact, mere proximity is so powerful that I consciously avoid putting things next to each other if I don't want to create a subconscious association.

But it probably doesn't look proximal to you. Here's the thing: he took it to another level by also using what I call the "broken loop" technique (not sure if there's a formal term for it) of interrupting himself and not completing his train of thought, so that it would stay in your memory while he went on to talk about something else.

Very very clever use of persuasion techniques by a professional rhetorician. That's what made me so mad. No way it was accidental.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother March 02, 2016 12:21 PM  

Your very presence here is a disruption. You can't use the word "battalion" properly in a sentence. Your tales of ribaldry are patently and obviously false. You misrepresent yourself as an expert to the poor bastards at AG who actually need help.

Your political pronouncements are devoid of context and sense. Begone.

Blogger VD March 02, 2016 12:23 PM  

Not quite sure how that statement managed to get you #Triggered there, Pocahontas. Might want to update your Code of Conduct to clarify that this is a passive aggression free #SafeSpace.

I'm not triggered. Nor am I of the Powhatan Pamunkeys. You didn't answer the question. I'm perfectly capable of using Google. Now, what are "Xtian virtues"?

And yes, it's entirely obvious that you at least have some strong Gamma inclinations, based on your evasions and passive-aggression.

So again, what is this Xtian of which you speak?

Blogger SciVo March 02, 2016 12:25 PM  

SciVo wrote:But it probably doesn't look proximal to you.

To clarify, I mean proximal to the Good Samaritan reference.

Blogger VD March 02, 2016 12:26 PM  

Your political pronouncements are devoid of context and sense. Begone.

Kindly do not tell other commenters here to leave. The right to do so is reserved to me and the moderators.

I don't peddle bullshit anywhere, Sgt Mom.

Perhaps not. But your style of communication is not one that lends itself to credibility. You see, people generally see through the veil of "I'm providing a helpful example" to see the fact that you rather like to talk about yourself.

Try talking about ideas more and yourself and your exploits less. Then people will be less likely to assume that you are full of it.

Blogger VD March 02, 2016 12:28 PM  

I don't see any reason to fault someone for pointing out that Trump is a bad moral example.

In the New York Times? Are you serious? Furthermore, I would fault them for devoting a column to pointing out the obvious.

What's next, a column pointing out that Bill Clinton is a less-than-entirely-faithful husband?

Anonymous Jack Amok March 02, 2016 12:34 PM  

Didn't he say some really dire things would happen by 2015?

And he was right! The rising sea of outrage has already submerged Jeb! underwater, and Hillary is only still above water because she surrounded herself with a dyke (did I misspell that?) of super delegates and black voters. Electoral warming is out of control and D.C. is threatened with devastating storms.

At least we can hope it is. It will be someday.

Blogger haus frau March 02, 2016 12:38 PM  

We had a principled Christian man of impeccable character run for president in 2008 and 2012. They managed to smear him through words he never uttered, as a racist and a kook. Men who accomplish big things are rarely lacking in equally big flaws. These media whores who constantly chastise the Republican base to vote for the lesser of two evils 'cause you're never going to get everything you want, well those people can relax in the satisfaction that the public is now taking their words seriously. At this point I'd vote for a street hooker if she would seal the border, deport illegals in earnest, and unravel the horrifically bad free trade deals that encumber our economy.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother March 02, 2016 12:41 PM  

Fair enough, Vox.

OpenID sigbouncer March 02, 2016 12:41 PM  

"Perhaps not. But your style of communication is not one that lends itself to credibility. You see, people generally see through the veil of "I'm providing a helpful example" to see the fact that you rather like to talk about yourself.

Try talking about ideas more and yourself and your exploits less. Then people will be less likely to assume that you are full of it."

I won't deny a certain percentage of narcissism and ego. And I have no control over what anyone else wants to believe. Nor do I see the point of anyone coming to a blog to lie about their experiences.

I've mostly referenced my experiences over at alpha game. I can remember a few years back when this was somewhat commonplace to do. And the shared experiences were enjoyable reads for my money.

But I certainly have no problems posting more ideas and less about my experiences. Advice well taken, Vox.

Blogger jmarinara March 02, 2016 12:47 PM  

I could not possibly care less what the world thinks about my witness. I do care what God thinks about my choices, and God tells us the actions of a person is what reveals their heart, and who they choose to defend and endorse is a choice.

You've made your choice, VD, to support Trump. You may believe it to be moral and right. You may believe nationalism to be of the highest principle. But please stop pretending that the choice to support a serial adulterer who owns strip clubs and praises Planned Flippin' Parenthood is a choice that honors God. It plainly, is not.

Blogger Josh March 02, 2016 12:52 PM  

But please stop pretending that the choice to support a serial adulterer who owns strip clubs and praises Planned Flippin' Parenthood is a choice that honors God. It plainly, is not.

Vox never said it was.

Blogger Rabbi B March 02, 2016 12:55 PM  

"But please stop pretending that the choice to support a serial adulterer who owns strip clubs and praises Planned Flippin' Parenthood is a choice that honors God."

Who is pretending that Trump is a choice that honors G-d?

Anonymous PR March 02, 2016 12:56 PM  

WATYF asked:
"So you never pray the prayer that He taught His disciples to pray?"

No. Have you ever actually looked at the Lord's Prayer? Do you really want him to forgive you the same as you forgive others?? Really? Not me. His forgiveness is complete. Mine is not.

Jesus also said to chop off your hands and gouge out your eyes if they cause you to sin. Have you done these things? I have not, but not because of some lame reason like "Jesus didn't really mean that". Jesus absolutely did mean that because His whole purpose was to bring people to the point of desperation that they would cry out for a savior.

To bring it back to Trump...I think there are good reasons to vote for him and good reasons to not vote for him. But the words of some republican preacher guy are neither of the above!

Blogger Tom K. March 02, 2016 1:08 PM  

I wonder how Mr. Wehner explains God's endorsement of David bar Jesse? Knowing he would arrange the murder of his general. Knowing he'd commit adultery. Knowing he would inspire hatred and treason in his own children.

Blogger Tom K. March 02, 2016 1:08 PM  

I wonder how Mr. Wehner explains God's endorsement of David bar Jesse? Knowing he would arrange the murder of his general. Knowing he'd commit adultery. Knowing he would inspire hatred and treason in his own children.

Blogger Paul Widdecombe March 02, 2016 1:18 PM  

Xtian is an abbreviation for Christian. Do you have a problem with it? C.S. Lewis seemed to think it was OK. I'm not aware of it having any offensive, blasphemous or obscure connotations, so I'm not sure why you are upset by it.

Anonymous PR March 02, 2016 1:23 PM  

Good reason to not vote for Trump:
1. He's got no principles.
2. I don't vote for anyone because the whole system is a fraud.

Good reason to vote for Trump:
He's the only one that might use the (evil) power of the state to fight for us (white Americans) rather than against us.

Bad reason to not vote for Trump:
1. He's not a good Christian.

Bad reason to vote for Trump:
1. He's conservative!
2. He's Republican!

Blogger VD March 02, 2016 1:46 PM  

But please stop pretending that the choice to support a serial adulterer who owns strip clubs and praises Planned Flippin' Parenthood is a choice that honors God. It plainly, is not.

When have I ever done that? Please either provide evidence that I have or retract the assertion.

Xtian is an abbreviation for Christian. Do you have a problem with it?

Thank you. No, I don't have a problem with it, I was interested in seeing if you had a problem using the word "Christian". I've noticed that some atheists do.

Blogger Paul Widdecombe March 02, 2016 1:48 PM  

WATYF, etc.

Having also skimmed the article , I agree - it does has a whiff of the cuck about it.

Blogger CM March 02, 2016 1:48 PM  

And he was right! The rising sea of outrage has already submerged Jeb! underwater, and Hillary is only still above water because she surrounded herself with a dyke (did I misspell that?) of super delegates and black voters. Electoral warming is out of control and D.C. is threatened with devastating storms.

The global warming of tempers has been devastating.

Blogger Russell Snow March 02, 2016 1:52 PM  

I think the whole "Who would Jesus vote for?" question is stupid. Jesus is the King. He would just sit on His throne and rule. By that point, presidents, elections, etc are obsolete. Now, "Who does Jesus wan me to vote for?" might be more interesting.

Blogger endwatcher March 02, 2016 2:01 PM  

Xtian is usually used negatively. It is often the tell of an antichrist spirit.

Blogger endwatcher March 02, 2016 2:06 PM  

God can use even pagan kings to do His will. The choice is between someone who says he will defend Christendom and the Church, and the others who will either attack it or passively allow others to do so. While Trump could be lying, the others are doa from the start.

Blogger endwatcher March 02, 2016 2:10 PM  

God can use even pagan kings to do His will. The choice is between someone who says he will defend Christendom and the Church, and the others who will either attack it or passively allow others to do so. While Trump could be lying, the others are doa from the start.

Blogger endwatcher March 02, 2016 2:11 PM  

Xtian is usually used negatively. It is often the tell of an antichrist spirit.

Blogger Paul Widdecombe March 02, 2016 2:11 PM  

Absolutely not - I am one. Christ is my Lord and Saviour.

BTW, thanks for all of your excellent posts which I enjoy greatly, even though this was not one of my favourites.

Still not a Gamma though. Perhaps a slightly more muscular / athletic version of an Omega? Or are they the fat ugly loser ones? Beta maybe but less sucky/whiny. Some aspects of alpha (confidence, charisma, etc) but not a natural leader. Gammas are wishy washy as I understand which is something I've never been described as. The whole system isn't something I'm terribly interested by as it doesn't seem particularly helpful or applicable to me. Perhaps you could do a post on it if you have a useful definition?

Blogger Nick S March 02, 2016 2:13 PM  

I don't think anyone with a brain takes it as axiomatic that Trump will actually "Make America great again". Regardless, a Trump candidacy/presidency has great utility. He will definitely make America different than it's been. He already has. Exactly what that will mean is an open question.

Maybe it will be something great. Maybe it will be something horrendous. The argument that any path other than the one we're on must be better than where we're headed is a reasonable proposition to ponder, but it's mere speculation and certainly not a given.

How much of the Trump show is calculated and how much of it is the result of a rogue loose cannon motivated by unthinking emotion? I can't tell where one ends and the other begins. That's a problem. Being able to anticipate how things might go sideways is essential.

With Trump, there's no dependable frame of reference. The ones we have are inconsistent. What's the truth? I don't know. Neither do you. Ladies and gentlemen, place your bets.

Blogger Paul Widdecombe March 02, 2016 2:23 PM  

So I did a bit of research...

Looks like the reason some might associate Xtian negatively is linked with the idea that some people use Xmas instead of Christmas as a way to remove Christ from it. Funny thing is, "X" has been used to represent Christ for over a thousand years, so it has the opposite effect. You might have seen the "Chi-Rho" symbol, for example.

Seems like a good case for its continued use!

Blogger BunE22 March 02, 2016 2:27 PM  

I can't agree with the statements that Trump has no self control or principles. How do you become a successful businessman and raise good kids if you have neither?

His principles may not be yours, but that doesn't mean he has none. If having no self control can make you a billionaire there would be a majority of billionaires in the US. Just sayin'.

Blogger Matamoros March 02, 2016 2:28 PM  

Trump is "America for Americans" - the rest, including Cruz, are "F*ck Americans, let's make America brown".

That alone is reason enough to vote for Trump and eschew the rest.

Blogger Nick S March 02, 2016 2:47 PM  

If having no self control can make you a billionaire there would be a majority of billionaires in the US.

It's better to be lucky than good. Just sayin'.

Blogger John Williams March 02, 2016 2:52 PM  

@148, Some people make their own luck. There's more than one way to do it.

Blogger LP9 Rin Integra S.I.G. March 02, 2016 3:09 PM  

Really? Where is his sermon against financial rape?

What is the pastor warning us of? Bondage and Hilter woes despite the clanky chains are louder. Oh right, moarrr money for the churchies.

Churchains, churchian-chans are deceived too. Something else is afoot.

Churchies or churchiangammas turned me down for help last month. Great local lesson!

Blogger Nick S March 02, 2016 3:15 PM  

@149

Correlation does not imply causation.

Blogger Were-Puppy March 02, 2016 3:19 PM  

@6 Watchu talkin bout Willis
Where was this asshole when Obama was elected…twice.
---

I'm sure he supported him, using that stupid Paul Ryno phrase "That's who we are"

Blogger Were-Puppy March 02, 2016 4:24 PM  

@18 Steve

One of my favorite parts there :

"Last week, he tweeted that the Republican National Committee was just a “gay foam party.”

Morrow has a long history of critiquing prominent state Republicans in vulgar, and often sexually explicit, terms. For years, he has alleged that Perry is secretly bisexual; in 2010, he referred to him as “Gov. Skank Daddy” in an email.

“Perry is an epic hypocrite,” he told the Tribune on Wednesday. “I think he has been a rampaging bisexual adulterer for many decades.”

Blogger collisioncat67 March 02, 2016 4:37 PM  

Can anyone imagine what goody-two-shoes churchians would thought if they had been present when Jesus flew into a rage and commenced driving out animals that were being sold out of the Temple and doing it by using a hand made whip? Also upending venders' tables and sending stacks of coins crashing to the floor, and generally causing mayhem and ill will?

The churchians would be indignant and appalled by such behavior. They would probably later apologize on Jesus' behalf.

I don't want a nice, non-offensive, mealy-mouthed fuckwad as president, even if he did profess to being Christian.

Blogger Were-Puppy March 02, 2016 5:01 PM  

The last time we put in a Super Christian, we got Jimmy Carter.

Anonymous aegis-1080 March 02, 2016 5:08 PM  

Got to ask again, since the first time was too subtle:

Why the hell are you people listening to a member of the ((tribe)) on what is Christian and what isn't? Honestly.

Blogger Were-Puppy March 02, 2016 5:18 PM  

@86 sigbouncer

Polls also had Trump winning in Iowa. Polls are obviously not accurate and mostly meaningless.
---

Those votes came from Doc Carson

Blogger Were-Puppy March 02, 2016 5:22 PM  

@101 Nate
People like SigBouncer are simply incapable of being objective about Trump.
---

And he is perfectly balanced out by Josh

Anonymous Ezekiel Cassandros March 02, 2016 5:32 PM  

Ahazuerus wrote:But last sabbath the newsletter announced a seminar by a couple of Californian (surprise surprise) ministers, entitled:

"Is homosexuality a concern for our church? Is our church a safe space for all people?"

I very quickly pointed out the obscene twisting of the words of Christ, who said his house should be a house of prayer for all people. If it wasn't a safe space for the money lenders why should it be safe for those he declared an abomination?


Have they not read 1 Corinthians 5:11-13? Rather hard for the Church to be a safe space for all people if we kick out the unrepentant idolaters, sexually immoral, swindlers, drunkards... Oh, and slanderers too. Sorry, BLM, no safe space for you.

Expel the wicked from among you.

The churches that have failed to do so, have turned their backs on God; He is returning the favor.

Blogger Were-Puppy March 02, 2016 5:36 PM  

@146 BunE22
I can't agree with the statements that Trump has no self control or principles. How do you become a successful businessman and raise good kids if you have neither?

His principles may not be yours, but that doesn't mean he has none. If having no self control can make you a billionaire there would be a majority of billionaires in the US. Just sayin'.
---

I have to agree with this. I heard him one time tell about a brother, or uncle, that became an alcoholic and ruined his life. It had a big impact on him that he never drinks, smokes, drugs. At least, that's the story.

Blogger Silielas March 02, 2016 7:54 PM  

Robert Morrow's Twitter account for those wanting to read more -> https://twitter.com/RobMorroLiberty

Anonymous Eric the Red March 02, 2016 8:06 PM  

@145...
Great rationalization, but rationalization nonetheless. Maybe you're simply not politically astute; however, my money is on you catering to the SJW's pc-speak because that's who you are as well. There is no excuse in today's Western society for not using the full name of Christ in all instances. Anybody who tries to soft-peddle 'Xtian' is an SJW or a passive-agressive useful idiot, and therefore not a Christian.

You fit the bill quite nicely, chuck-0.

Anonymous Quartermaster March 02, 2016 8:22 PM  

@155
Anyone paying attention from the beginning knew Carter was a poseur. He's made it pretty blatant since.

Anonymous Ezekiel Cassandros March 02, 2016 8:23 PM  

Silielas wrote:Robert Morrow's Twitter account for those wanting to read more -> https://twitter.com/RobMorroLiberty

This guy is amazing.
There's too much to choose from, but my favorite is probably him linking to an article "12 Real and Absurd Tweets from the New Head of the Travis County Republican Party," an article that starts with "Our neighbors to the north have made a serious mistake," and linking with the comment, "Here are some of my best tweets:"

Also, the frequent tweets of bosomly-gifted women.

Anonymous Cheddarman of Christendom March 02, 2016 9:53 PM  

Churchian music totally sucks.
I want to sing music in church that you would sing while you went to war to slay orcs, or something that brings tears to your eyes as you you realize Jesus is totally badass.

Anonymous Eric the Red March 02, 2016 10:15 PM  

@164:
Yes, a thousand times.

I got so disgusted of being invited to some excuse of a church, then agonizing through 20 minutes of banal, bland, amorphous excuses for Christian music. Any church that does it should be immediately banished to the outer darkness.

These churchian idiots take delight in portraying Jesus Christ as some namby-pamby weakling. Sorry, strength through weakness is a leftist meme intended to emasculate and ultimately destroy Christianity as any viable threat to their control on society.

Blogger SciVo March 02, 2016 10:42 PM  

I wish more Christians looked like this than like soft Mr. Wehner.

Blogger haus frau March 02, 2016 11:39 PM  

@135
Xtian is an abbreviation for Christian. Do you have a problem with it?

Thank you. No, I don't have a problem with it, I was interested in seeing if you had a problem using the word "Christian". I've noticed that some atheists do.


Fascinating and very telling.

Blogger Were-Puppy March 03, 2016 2:08 AM  

@164 Cheddarman of Christendom

Churchian music totally sucks.

---

You're not kidding. It's more likely to have me snoring than anything else.

Blogger Paul Widdecombe March 03, 2016 3:26 AM  

Fuck your bullshit speech code, Eric. There - is that aggressive-aggressive enough for you?

I just proved to you that X has represented Christ for over a thousand years and all you come back with is slander and flat assertions? Bring something to the conversation or fuck off & join the feces flinging monkeys outside.

Blogger Doc Rampage March 03, 2016 3:39 AM  

I didn't see a single thing in that article I disagreed with. He didn't say anything about supporting homosexuals or women pastor--that was all you, Vox. Ad the only thing you could find to argue with is one little phrase that you twist out of all recognition. As far as I can see, you hate this guy just because he opposes you politically. Everything else in there is just unhinged rhetoric.

Blogger endwatcher March 03, 2016 6:31 AM  

Paul Wid is a satanist or someone who doesn't get that the history of the slang xtian means nothing, today only our enemies use the word, usually while mocking Christians. Use it all you want Saul, we get you.

Blogger Paul Widdecombe March 03, 2016 7:50 AM  

"Peace Be Upon You", endwatcher. I'm sure what you say is very important. Muslims certainly think so.

Blogger endwatcher March 03, 2016 8:13 AM  

Paul Wid is a satanist or someone who doesn't get that the history of the slang xtian means nothing, today only our enemies use the word, usually while mocking Christians. Use it all you want Saul, we get you.

Blogger endwatcher March 03, 2016 8:41 AM  

Saul virtue signals and snarks. Still kicking against the pricks I guess lol

Blogger endwatcher March 03, 2016 9:36 AM  

Saul virtue signals and snarks. Still kicking against the pricks I guess lol

Blogger Paul Widdecombe March 03, 2016 9:56 AM  

Do you even understand what virtue signalling entails? I doubt it.
CHALLENGE: See if you can define the salient features that define virtue signalling. Bonus points if you can identify a single instance of it in any of my posts above.

PS - what's kicking against the pricks even mean? Are you gay?

Anonymous Ezekiel Cassandros March 03, 2016 10:15 AM  

Other translations call it "kicking against the goads." He is referring to Jesus' rebuke of Saul of Tarsus, who fought against God while claiming to be following God. That is why he called you Saul.

Blogger endwatcher March 03, 2016 1:35 PM  

He didn't know that because he is Saul the false. We will let those reading decide if you are fake by your own statements.

Blogger Paul Widdecombe March 03, 2016 2:31 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Paul Widdecombe March 03, 2016 4:47 PM  

Quoth scripture at me all day long if you like Bellendwatcher. You're still a speech policing prick.

...who didnt have the stones to take up my challenge. Because you dont know what virtue signalling is & have just made a fool of yourself by flinging it at someone who does because it sounded like a clever badword.

...and who didn't see the irony in ranting online at someone you've never met & know nothing about because they don't agree with your speech codes. Then accusing THEM of being a Social Justice Warrior.

Stick to using words whose meanings you understand. Start off with shit and fuck if you can't think of something nice to say. That way, you'll only sound like an imbecile instead of a complete cretin.

VD - this is the Gamma of which you speak...

Blogger Kirk Forlatt March 07, 2016 11:18 AM  

A superb post, one that should be posted in Wittenburg style on every church door in America.
~ Kirk Forlatt

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts