ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2016 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Trump: the math updated

So, Arizona, which matters, went for Trump, and did so by a 23-percent margin that exceeded the +13 polls by 10 points. Utah, which doesn't matter much (I had Trump getting 17 delegates there, but he won't get any), went unanimously to Cruz. So, let's update the previous delegate math.

You may recall I originally stated this: If Trump wins Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and California, plus one state from the following list (Arizona, Missouri, Indiana, Wisconsin), he wins the nomination. Period. Nothing else matters.

Since then, he has won Florida, Missouri and Arizona, but lost Ohio. So, all he needs now, in practical terms, is Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and California. Those are the three vital states, which the latest, but mostly outdated, polls currently show:
  • Pennsylvania: Trump +17
  • New Jersey: Trump +27
  • California: Trump +16
According to Fox News, after Arizona, Trump has 739 delegates. There are 238 proportional votes to be distributed; due to his strength in New York we can safely expect Trump to win at least 126 of them. That brings him to 865, which means he will need 372 out of the remaining 539 winner-takes-all delegates, or 69 percent of them.

That is three points fewer than he needed before this week; Cruz's outperformance in Utah didn't accomplish anything because Trump's strength in New York outweighs Cruz's in Utah.

As far as states go, to mathematically close out the nomination, he'll need, at a minimum, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, California, Indiana, and one smaller state. If Cruz or Kasich can't win at least one of those four states, (and two if one of them isn't California), Trump will hit the required 1,237 delegates.

Of course, none of this takes into account the potential game-changing endorsement of Ted Cruz by Jeb Bush. You may want to consider the possibility that Cruz will withdraw from the race and join a monastery in Borneo. And, of course, the endorsement demonstrates the intrinsic falseness of the contention that the GOPe hates and fears Ted Cruz over all.

222 Comments:

1 – 200 of 222 Newer› Newest»
Anonymous ODG March 23, 2016 7:46 AM  

Is there any place tracking the candidates' actual performance versus the polling data going into each states' primary? I've been searching but all I can seem to find is general election poll results, with Trump vs. HiLIARy or Sanders.

Anonymous #3254 March 23, 2016 7:47 AM  

According to RealClearPolitics, NY has a threshold of 20%, where a candidate has to get 20% of the vote to get any delegates at all. It is unclear if this threshold applies at the congressional district or statewide level. If it is statewide, and if the latest polls are accurate, no one except Trump will hit 20% and so Trump would get all the delegates for NY.

Anonymous Mark Citadel March 23, 2016 7:47 AM  

Yes, I don't think they can stop him without resorting to the Kennedy option at this point. The establishment 'cuckolds' have been found impotent.

Blogger Josh March 23, 2016 7:51 AM  

Of course, none of this takes into account the potential game-changing endorsement of Ted Cruz by Jeb Bush.

Please clap

Blogger 1337kestrel March 23, 2016 7:56 AM  

I don't mind the GOPe lining up behind Cruz, per se, but they're something of a liability, like Paulie from the Rocky movies.

I particularly thought their crowing about Rubio's performance in AZ was retarded and besides the point.

Anonymous 1990 March 23, 2016 8:04 AM  

Again, many delegates are distributed via Congressional Districts. For example, Trump's performance in California is one big unknown for the moment. He can win the state and take 90 delegates or 150.

@#3254 In NY the 20% threshold is in every CD. Again, Kasich should crack 20% in some and steal delegates.

@VD Most of delegates in Pennsylvania will be unbound, so they can vote for whoever they want in Cleveland... It's a bit more complicated that "WTA/non-WTA" (and there are still some cuck fortresses ahead) but he *should* make it to 1237.

Blogger Student in Blue March 23, 2016 8:04 AM  

That American Samoa though...

Blogger Josh March 23, 2016 8:06 AM  

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/mormon-voters-really-dont-like-donald-trump-heres-why

Blogger Elocutioner March 23, 2016 8:12 AM  

@2 You can find the rules for each state here - http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P16/

NY is here - http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P16/NY-R

14 at-large and 3 per 27 districts, 20% threshold but 50% takes all.

At a guess I'd say Cruz walks away with maybe 5-10 delegates out of the 95. Cruz and Kasich couldn't break 50% in their own home states, and Trump is crushing it. Little chance they keep him under 50%.

Anonymous VFM #6306 March 23, 2016 8:14 AM  

Mormons think God banged Mary. They are supernaturally cuckservative.

Blogger Student in Blue March 23, 2016 8:14 AM  

@Josh
From article:
(In case the message wasn’t clear enough, the church-owned Deseret News went on to publish a story highlighting the growing alliance and solidarity between Mormon and Muslim leaders.)

Well that explains it. Polygamy brothers.

Blogger Elocutioner March 23, 2016 8:15 AM  

@6 "Kasich should crack 20% in some and steal delegates."

But he and Cruz would have to keep Trump under 50% in a district for second place to get even one, and third gets zero. I don't see moderate squish Kasich playing well in NY. They'd be better off spending their time and resources elsewhere, NY is lost to them.

Blogger Gaiseric March 23, 2016 8:16 AM  

In a related story, Kasich's team just accused "Lyin' Ted" of lying about who's in or out of the race on the NY ballot. That brings the total of rival Republican campaigns who's accused him of dishonest campaign tactics to four.

@8: I saw that, but I think this is a better version of the story: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03/22/arizona-utah-split-reveals-depth-gop-divide.html?intcmp=hpbt3

It's amazing to me that Stirewalt can write that and yet not note the fact the Utah—as a subset of the reasonably affluent, white, traditionally conservative voters who prefer Ted Cruz, can't see the rather obvious subtext that those voters live in an insulated bubble out of which they are unable to see. Even the statistics he refers to make that extremely obvious. They simply don't know what the problems that are starting to face our country are, or they are short-sighted enough to not believe that they will mushroom into ones that affect them personally, or their pearl-clutching "muh Constitution" voters. And they're too comfortable to embrace a candidate that has even a whiff of radical Rightism to him, rather than "the way the Republican party has done things as long as they can remember."

Of course, by now, even the freakin' Washington Post is predicting that Trump has a better path to beat Hillary. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/03/22/why-donald-trump-might-have-a-better-chance-of-being-elected-president-than-ted-cruz-explained-by-3-maps/

Paradigms are shifting. Perceptions are changing. I think Brussels might be a wake-up call. Too bad the LDS constituents in Utah didn't have a few days to stew over the notion that it could easily have been their son who was injured in that attack, and really think about who is more likely to make that less of a threat in the future.

Anonymous WinstonWebb March 23, 2016 8:16 AM  

"Jeb Bush endorses Ted Cruz," nobody gives a shit. News at 11.

Blogger dc.sunsets March 23, 2016 8:19 AM  

It still astonishes me that the Establishment's #1 criterion for being "qualified" to be president is a most of lifetime of marinating in the DC cesspool as a professional politician.

2016's election season is educational, but anyone with a clue knows that a polity the size of the USA will be run by organized crime. There's simply too large a gulf between the ruled and the rulers (politicians and their string-pullers.) Smaller is better. Smaller is the (eventual) future.

Blogger Josh March 23, 2016 8:21 AM  

Too bad the LDS constituents in Utah didn't have a few days to stew over the notion that it could easily have been their son who was injured in that attack, and really think about who is more likely to make that less of a threat in the future.

Three Mormon missionaries were injured in Brussels.

Blogger dc.sunsets March 23, 2016 8:22 AM  

To what degree do Utah's LDS folks embrace the dogmas of the Progressivist cult? Or do they have their own variant of intention to use the might of politics to stamp out sin? Just curious.

Blogger Cicatrizatic March 23, 2016 8:25 AM  

On Real Clear Politics, if you search for the particular state's primary, once it is over they will show you the actual results versus the polling average. Here is how Trump has performed against polls so far:

Iowa: -5
NH: +4
SC: +1
VA: -2
GA: +3
AL: +5
TN: -1
MA: +4
TX: -1
OK: -5
LA: -3
MS: +6
MI: Even
FL: +3
NC: -1
OH: +1
IL: +3
MO: Even
AZ: +9

Blogger Gaiseric March 23, 2016 8:27 AM  

Josh wrote:Too bad the LDS constituents in Utah didn't have a few days to stew over the notion that it could easily have been their son who was injured in that attack, and really think about who is more likely to make that less of a threat in the future.

Three Mormon missionaries were injured in Brussels.

I know; that's what I was referring to. If that had happened a few days earlier, there might have been a change in the vote.

Not that Cruz wouldn't have won, but enough that it might have occurred to them that just because things are looking relatively good right now in their neighborhoods, that that's not the way things are always going to be.

Blogger Gaiseric March 23, 2016 8:30 AM  

dc.sunsets wrote:To what degree do Utah's LDS folks embrace the dogmas of the Progressivist cult? Or do they have their own variant of intention to use the might of politics to stamp out sin? Just curious.
Very little. In fact, Leftism has been strongly condemned by (past) Presidents of the church as nothing more than a watered down reflection of Lucifer's proposal before his fall.

But they do have a strong aversion to not being seen as "nice." And I think given past history of being relentlessly persecuted and hounded from state to state when the church was young, some of them have developed an almost pathological need to try and fit in.

And, like I said, they are in a relatively prosperous, affluent bubble. I think most of them are in denial about the problems that face our country.

Blogger Rusty Fife March 23, 2016 8:32 AM  

Trump/Saunders '16!

Anonymous VFM #6306 March 23, 2016 8:32 AM  

The Mormon church is fundamentally dedicated to immigration and integration in part due to their heritage of exile and flight, their war with the U.S. and also their theoretical and foreign vs. Practical and native experience with diversity.

Mormons are "seperate but equal" in practice and also proselytical in nature and therefore integrational in theory. Congregations of a hundred whites just love it when a brown comes around.

Anonymous ODG March 23, 2016 8:34 AM  

Thanks Cicatrizatic.

Blogger The Kurgan March 23, 2016 8:45 AM  

Trump seems to overall outperform polls by 25% of the estimates overall.

Blogger James Dixon March 23, 2016 8:46 AM  

Both CA and NY are primarily delegates by district, with a few statewide delegates thrown in for the overall winner. Trump should dominate both contests, but it's unlikely he'll take every district. In CA, each district is winner take all. In NY, if any candidate gets over 50% the district is winner take all, otherwise it's two delegates to first place finisher one to second place finisher. I'm guessing Trump will take 60% or more of the delegates, giving 172 between the two states.

Blogger James Dixon March 23, 2016 8:49 AM  

Oh, and as Elocutioner says, http://www.thegreenpapers.com/ is the definitive source for how each state's delegate count works.

Blogger S1AL March 23, 2016 8:53 AM  

California is going to be a pretty mixed bag, I think. The northern part of the state is much more in line with Utah or the Republican sections of Nevada than it is with NY.

Anonymous HongKongCharlie March 23, 2016 8:59 AM  

#1 Asked,Is there any place tracking the candidates' actual performance versus the polling data going into each states' primary? I've been searching but all I can seem to find is general election poll
results, with Trump vs. HiLIARy or Sanders.

Her ya go!
http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/election-2016/delegate-targets/republicans/

HKC

Blogger Dexter March 23, 2016 8:59 AM  

none of this takes into account the potential game-changing endorsement of Ted Cruz by Jeb Bush.

aka "the Kiss of Death"

Anonymous VFM #6306 March 23, 2016 9:02 AM  

Mixed bags are all Trump needs at this point to clear the bar. The hard slog is over, and now all he needs is to take 50% of the remaining delegates, which would require him to start falling below expectations accross the board by more than 15%. Considering he has been running at more than 5% above expectation so far...it is a little like betting against the Warriors to be the top seed in the NBA this year.

Blogger Dexter March 23, 2016 9:03 AM  

Tyler Durden had a great piece the other day:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-22/goals-rule-or-ruin-republicans

Whatever one may think of Donald Trump, his campaign has done us a service — exposing the underbelly of a decaying establishment whose repudiation by America’s silent majority is long overdue.

According to The New York Times, super PACs of Trump’s GOP rivals, including PACs of candidates who have dropped out, are raising and spending millions to destroy the probable nominee.

Goals of the anti-Trump conspirators: Manipulate the rules and steal the nomination at Cleveland. Failing that, pull out all the stops and torpedo any Trump-led ticket in the fall. Then blame Trump and his followers for the defeat, pick up the pieces, and posture as saviors of the party they betrayed.

This is vindictiveness of a high order.

It brings to mind the fable of the “The Dog in the Manger,” the tale of the snarling cur that, out of pure malice, kept the hungry oxen from the straw they needed to eat.

Last week came reports on another closed conclave of the “Never Trump” cabal at the Army and Navy Club in D.C. Apparently, William Kristol circulated a memo detailing how to rob Trump of the nomination, even if he finishes first in states, votes and delegates.

Should Trump win on the first ballot, Kristol’s fallback position is to create a third party and recruit a conservative to run as its nominee.

Purpose: Have this rump party siphon off enough conservative votes to sink Trump and give the presidency to Hillary Rodham Clinton, whose policies are more congenial to the neocons and Kristol’s Weekly Standard.

Among the candidates Kristol is reportedly proposing are ex-Governor Rick Perry of Texas and former Senator Tom Coburn of Oklahoma, both respected conservatives.

Kristol contends a third-party conservative candidate can win.

He can’t be serious. It is absurd to think Gov. Perry, whose poll numbers were so low that he dropped out of the race last September without winning a single primary, caucus, or even a delegate, could capture the White House on a third-party ticket.

Perry would not even be assured of winning his home state.

Trump and Perry would split the conservative vote in the Lone Star State and deliver its 36 electoral votes to Clinton, thus assuring a second Clinton presidency. Does Perry want that as his legacy?

As for Coburn, he is not nationally known. But his name on the ballot would take votes, one-for-one, from the Republican nominee.

How would that advance the causes for which Tom Coburn has devoted all of his public life?

Indeed, if the supreme imperative for Kristol and the “Never Trump” conservatives is to defeat him, they have become de facto allies of George Soros and MoveOn.org, Black Lives Matter and Occupy Wall Street — and the party of Harry Reid, Chuck Schumer and Hillary Clinton.

[read the whole thing]

Anonymous Albert March 23, 2016 9:08 AM  

The GOPe needs a brokered convention to get one of their chosen candidates to win. Right now, that means trying to get voters for Cruz. I rather doubt they'll support him if the nomination becomes brokered.

Blogger James Dixon March 23, 2016 9:10 AM  

> Should Trump win on the first ballot, Kristol’s fallback position is to create a third party and recruit a conservative to run as its nominee.

Kristol wouldn't know a conservative if one beat him up in a dark alley. No comment given on how to get the third party ballot access, of course. It would be simpler just to take over an existing party which already has ballot access.

Anonymous Sick Duck March 23, 2016 9:10 AM  

Trump will lose a brokered convention. It doesn't really matter who the Republican nominee is because Clinton/Sanders will crush them.

The only people who vote Republican are most white men and the women who love them.

Everyone else (including single white women) vote democratic.

Blogger James Dixon March 23, 2016 9:12 AM  

> Indeed, if the supreme imperative for Kristol and the “Never Trump” conservatives is to defeat him, they have become de facto allies of George Soros and MoveOn.org, Black Lives Matter and Occupy Wall Street — and the party of Harry Reid, Chuck Schumer and Hillary Clinton.

They always have been. They have the same goals.

Anonymous Broken Arrow March 23, 2016 9:17 AM  

Where the angry voters are--the full list - Rick Newman

Trump does well in the "angry" states so it gives him New Jersey, New York (right below Arizona) for sure, but California is at number 22 which means it is in play some. California isn't known for it's big Evangelical vote, nor for heavy GOP, East Coast Establishment support. I'd say Trump has very good chances there.

Blogger Alexander March 23, 2016 9:17 AM  

Oy vey - the great political mastermind has endorsed Lyin' Ted (R-Canada). Time to pack it in and go home lads: surely, surely, this is the move that will stump the Trump.

This is going to be more glorious than the Hugos. It's going to be Yuuuuuuuuuugo, even!

The establishment cucks couldn't get their A-choice candidate the election despite an enormous war chest and priming the country to take it up the rear end since 2008. Then they proceeded to fail with the B-choice, and C-choice, and are now pretending to rally around the D-choice.

Lord, we thank you for giving us enemies who though they occupy seats of power, have been exposes as incompetent as they are ridiculous.

It goes to convention, Trump is going to win. Because that's what he does. And making a show of fighting and then losing is what the Republican party does.

And if it goes to a cuck third-party, this will be a very good thing. Much easier for us to take over the GOP in its entirety if the current operators leave the room and do us the favor of labeling themselves something else.

But no, they'll keep in power and make us the third party? Nope, not this time, lads. We're winning, and we're not going to win, win, win, and then suddenly lose to this group of cucks.

We're marching on Berlin because the enemy has not only burned Munich for us, but declared that we could have Hamburg and Frankfurt as well because they're filled with bible-thumping gun clingers who don't know the first thing about Georgetown dinner parties.

Bring on the convention. Choo-choo!

Blogger Rusty Fife March 23, 2016 9:19 AM  

Sick Duck wrote:The only people who vote Republican are most white men and the women who love them.

Show me your numbers. Math is hard.

Blogger Elocutioner March 23, 2016 9:20 AM  

Jeb's endorsement - why now? They know he's poison and yesterday could have hurt Cruz so they waited until this morning. There's only Wisconsin before NY (April 19) and by then this will have been forgotten.

Any other establishment endorsements will best be done this week. I see this is an admission that they've completely abandoned Jeb and Cruz will be their alternative at the convention.

Blogger Student in Blue March 23, 2016 9:21 AM  

@Sick Duck

Low energy troll. Sad!

Blogger Mr.MantraMan March 23, 2016 9:24 AM  

As a Cruztard I don't want Trump's third wife sleeping in the White House, duh, der, uh.

Blogger VD March 23, 2016 9:33 AM  

Trump does well in the "angry" states so it gives him New Jersey, New York (right below Arizona) for sure, but California is at number 22 which means it is in play some.

Trump is up more in California than he was in Arizona, where he won by 23 percent. It is not in play.

Blogger Rusty Fife March 23, 2016 9:34 AM  

Student in Blue wrote:@Sick Duck

Low energy troll. Sad!


I think he hates married white women. He must have bee cucked by one.

Anonymous Broken Arrow March 23, 2016 9:35 AM  

Ted's comments about the police patrolling Muslim neighborhoods was stupid. The US isn't ready to accept something like that, yet.

Blogger James Dixon March 23, 2016 9:41 AM  

The math for Cruz is ominous. He currently has 465 delegates. He needs 1237 and there 944 available. 1237-465=772. 772/944=81.78%. He needs over 81% of the remaining delegates to win the nomination. That's not going to happen, and he has to know it. If he has any sense he's working with Trump right now to secure the VP slot and pledge his delegates to Trump to avoid a brokered convention.

Anonymous Great Again March 23, 2016 9:42 AM  

Vox. How are you handling Pennsylvania's delegates in your calculations? Technically, even if Trump crushes Pennsylvania, 58 of those 71 delegates are "unbound". It would be wildly undemocratic for those PA delegates to switch allegiance and vote Cruz at the convention, but I wouldn't put anything past the GOPe.

Blogger Alexander March 23, 2016 9:43 AM  

police patrolling Muslim neighborhoods is stupid: by the time America is ready to accept it, they'll be ready to accept just kicking Muslims out of the country entirely.

A solution ahead of its time, but inferior to its contemporaries.

Anonymous Karl Rove's Foaming Canon March 23, 2016 10:06 AM  

Cruz / ¡Jeb! 2016!

Anonymous #8601 Jean Valjean March 23, 2016 10:08 AM  

Trump was asked recently (I think by Wolfie) whether he would consider Cruz as a running mate. Trump left the door wide open. The "Lyin' Ted" thing is just a shtick. So is the "Crazy Megyn" thing, I suspect.

Trump is just playin'

Blogger bob k. mando March 23, 2016 10:09 AM  

33. Sick Duck March 23, 2016 9:10 AM
The only people who vote Republican are most white men and the women who love them.



and the black men who lurv them, amirite?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHMwdVCEyAU


remember this quote for when Trump slaughters Hillary ( or Bernie ) in the general.

Blogger W.LindsayWheeler March 23, 2016 10:13 AM  

Cruz can't possibly be VP because he is not a Natural Born citizen. The guy has a Canadian birth certificate! How does any one think that the Republican party is "conservative" much less "constitutionalist"? One has to look at the The Republican Party's Response to the Natural Born Citizen Clause: Cowardice, Hypocrisy and Perfidy Law only exists on the bed of virtue.

Blogger YIH March 23, 2016 10:13 AM  

When I saw that Cruz brought Neil Bush on board for his finance team I thought WDF? I guess that question has been answered. Please clap.
Still doesn't strike me as a bright idea, what next? An endorsement from Islam is a religion of peace?

Blogger Gaiseric March 23, 2016 10:15 AM  

#8601 Jean Valjean wrote:Trump was asked recently (I think by Wolfie) whether he would consider Cruz as a running mate. Trump left the door wide open. The "Lyin' Ted" thing is just a shtick. So is the "Crazy Megyn" thing, I suspect.

Trump is just playin'

It is and it isn't. Rubio, Carson and now Kasich have all laid the lyin' accusation at Cruz. I think there's something to it.

Now; whether or not that really bothers Trump or not is an open question. I tend to think that Trump sees a fighter he can respect in Cruz. Just not one that he can trust too far.

Blogger Gaiseric March 23, 2016 10:16 AM  

@50, Oh, fer cryin' out loud. That train left the station years ago (in fine condition, I hear.) You've made your point, but now it's starting to sound like OCD monomania.

Blogger Positive Dennis March 23, 2016 10:16 AM  

This site says trump is 96% on the total votes he needs to be nominated. http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/election-2016/delegate-targets/

Anonymous Broken Arrow March 23, 2016 10:23 AM  

VD wrote:Trump does well in the "angry" states so it gives him New Jersey, New York (right below Arizona) for sure, but California is at number 22 which means it is in play some.

Trump is up more in California than he was in Arizona, where he won by 23 percent. It is not in play.


Then it's already over.

Blogger James Dixon March 23, 2016 10:28 AM  

> Cruz can't possibly be VP because he is not a Natural Born citizen.

While I agree, that simply doesn't matter any more.

Blogger James Dixon March 23, 2016 10:29 AM  

> Then it's already over.

Pretty much, yes. Trump is the only candidate who can win the nomination. Worst case, he's going to fall a hundred delegates or so short.

Anonymous #8601 Jean Valjean March 23, 2016 10:34 AM  

@52 Gaiseric - whether or not that really bothers Trump or not is an open question. I tend to think that Trump sees a fighter he can respect in Cruz. Just not one that he can trust too far.

Agreed.

Anonymous BGKB March 23, 2016 10:37 AM  

Ah the sweet taste of democrats claiming democrat voter fraud,
http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-dem-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/sanders-campaign-manager-wrong-numbers-221135
but I am afraid CA's illegal alien voters will vote against him if someone explains to them how to vote. Perhaps if I got a luchador mask, & spray tan I could help.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/mormon-voters-really-dont-like-donald-trump-heres-why

Everyone but the youngest wife is a Scold.

I know; that's what I was referring to. If that had happened a few days earlier, there might have been a change in the vote

Maybe running an ad showing how France used to ban McDonalds back in the 70s when it was French and now they can't keep blacks from torching thousands of cars a year in Paris. The Rivkin Document Snowden released explains it.

Sick Duck Low energy troll. Sad! Probably couldn't even get an 18yo Hispanic boyfriend in TX.

Ted's comments about the police patrolling Muslim neighborhoods was stupid. The US isn't ready to accept something like that, yet.

The cops would be there to protect the moslems, under his plan.

Blogger YIH March 23, 2016 10:37 AM  

Josh:
Another reason Mormons don't like God Emperor, his horning in on one of their favorite cash cows.
Oh yes, indeedy, they love the money that generates!

Anonymous 11B March 23, 2016 10:38 AM  

Which states have open primaries? I am worried that democrats could cross over to vote against Trump. Given how determined they seem to be to shut down his rallies, I imagine they don't want to face him in November. They might be able to throw a state towards Cruz if they can vote in an open primary.

Anonymous Gecko March 23, 2016 10:42 AM  

It's not the open primaries you need to worry about in this case. It's the states where the delegates are the most disconnected from the vote.

Blogger VD March 23, 2016 10:43 AM  

Then it's already over.

That's what I've been saying. It's been more or less over since Florida. If he'd won Ohio then, it would have been over. His 10-point outperformance in Arizona means he's got it now.

Blogger praetorian March 23, 2016 10:43 AM  

Mormons think God banged Mary.

I hope that we can heal this unnecessary rift with the Stepford Jawas With Fanciful Notions once The Ascension is over and The Imperium of Man is up and running.

Anonymous Wild Bill March 23, 2016 10:45 AM  

Best comment I've seen all day over at Big Story: "With one vote for Trump I can vote against Ryan, Pelosi, Mitch, Harry, Boehner, Bill & Hillary, Obama, Mittens, Kerry and the Republican Elite.
Who could pass that up?"

Anonymous JI March 23, 2016 10:45 AM  

Just saw this as a link on drudge: http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message3126238/pg1?disclaimer=1

Sounds exactly like my experience at my caucus here in Utah. That said, I don't think cheating was needed for Trump to lose, and I have no idea if cheating even occurred at my caucus, although if it did it was small-time. I really think the Mormons listen closely to what high-ranking church members are saying, in this case Romney was quite vocal, and then just fall in line.

Blogger maniacprovost March 23, 2016 10:50 AM  

And by the way, this fear of a brokered convention in and of itself is cuck BS.

Now I can see why Trump supporters might not want one this year, and there are obviously issues with allowing delegates to betray their voters, but in general there is no reason why a candidate with a plurality should automatically win the first round of votes.

Blogger Gaiseric March 23, 2016 10:53 AM  

YIH wrote:Josh:

Another reason Mormons don't like God Emperor, his horning in on one of their favorite cash cows.

Oh yes, indeedy, they love the money that generates!

It's pretty absurd to suggest that some white collar random Mormon in Utah has anything whatsoever to do with money that Harry Reid is making in Vegas.

Blogger W.LindsayWheeler March 23, 2016 11:01 AM  

Mormons don't believe in race. They are like the Seventh Day Adventists, that all races live together. Mormons are an offshoot of Freemasonry. I've read somewhere that the founders were Masons. This explains both George and Mitt Romney's hatred of populists. Mormonism is a Multi-Culti death cult. They really need to be pitchforked.

Blogger Stephen T. McCarthy March 23, 2016 11:02 AM  

>>... 33. Everyone else (including single white women) vote democratic.

SICK FUCK, no comebacks?
Your goose already cooked?

~ D-FensDogG
'Loyal American Underground'

Blogger Sean March 23, 2016 11:04 AM  

I know it doesn't matter now, I agree Trump has this locked up, but I think Cruz should get more credit than he gets for running an astute campaign. He hasn't deviated from his course knowing that the establishment would have to make a choice between him and Trump. He didn't bow to the establishment. He made the establishment come to him. Plus his network he has built could very well take the nomination if Trump doesn't get to the magic number. He understands the behind the scenes game better than Trump and if Trump leaves teh door open, it could slip between his fingers.

Which brings me to my biggest concern with Trump in a general election is that he hasn't spent the last several years building a strong ground game. His campaign has largely played out in the national media. I don't see him having a strong enough "get out the vote" mechanism to counter the Democrat machine. I think there is a very good chance that Trump loses to Hillary, not because of any policy but because his non traditional campaign may not have strength to combat the forces of darkness and the professional trough feeders.

It would be good if Trump could somehow bring the Cruz team into the fold because he is the only candidate who has a strong enough grass roots network that combined with Trump's media savvy should beat the lizard queen.

Anonymous JustMakingItUp March 23, 2016 11:11 AM  

@43

Cruz's comments about patrolling Muslim neighborhoods was one of the stupidest political statements of this campaign. If he is trying to appease the anti-immigration crowd, they'll just laugh at him, and the pro-immigration crowd will be pissed that he is "profiling".

The Cruz campaign is so politically tone deaf that they're taking the essential position of "Let anyone into the country, and put them in ghettos with armed guards." Yeah, that'll appeal to the hoi polloi.

Anonymous Brick Hardslab March 23, 2016 11:16 AM  

Our troll goes by 'Tiny Duck' over at isteve. What's with the obsession with ducks?

Blogger Jon M March 23, 2016 11:19 AM  

"Kristol wouldn't know a conservative if one beat him up in a dark alley."

Not sure if true. We need to run a field experiment. You know, for science.

On the one hand, I don't doubt for an instant the GOPe has all sorts of fine print rules ready to break out ro whittle down Trump's delegate count enough to force a brokered convention.

On the other hand, that would mean their plan to defeat a master deal-maker is to force the process into a deal making phase. Strikes me as a stupid strategy, but this is the RNC we're talking about. Stupid strategies are their forte.

Anonymous Brick Hardslab March 23, 2016 11:21 AM  

Rusty Fife wrote:SD wrote:The only people who vote Republican are most white men and the women who love them.

Show me your numbers. Math is hard.


He's right in one respect. Married people vote overwhelmingly republican. Even women. That was one reason Bush pushed an effort to get people to marry to get them out of poverty. About the only thing Bush did I agreed with.

Blogger Nate March 23, 2016 11:21 AM  

looking at the remaining states... there is simply no way Trump doesn't get the required delegates. He's not only going to get the number, by math he's going to blow it out of the water.

Blogger Matamoros March 23, 2016 11:24 AM  

@69 Mormonism an offshoot of freemasonry

Visiting the House of the Temple of the 33rd Degree in Washington, DC I asked the tour guide about that - that Mormonism is freemasonry made into a religion. He said it was true.

Anonymous Cadwallander J March 23, 2016 11:26 AM  

Trump will be awarded an additional 12 delegates when Missouri finalizes its results. That should bring him to 751 currently.

Blogger Nate March 23, 2016 11:30 AM  

so... by my math trump has won 44% of the total delegates available. If he continues to win at that exact rate... he will have 1,096 delegates... which will be close enough for him to simply work out a deal and hit the number before the convention.

That ignores things like winner-take-all vs winner-take-most. Its just looking at raw numbers. It ignores things like polls in various states. He's won 44%... if he keeps winning 44%.. this is where he will be.

So even if all he does is what he did when there were 8 or 10 guys in the race... he'll still get close enough.

Anonymous Leonidas March 23, 2016 11:32 AM  

I agree with Vox that Trump is extremely likely to hit 1237 and clinch the nomination. Equally important: Ted Cruz has no path left to it at this point. He already needs 82% of the remaining delegates to get there, as of this morning - an 82% that the current polls pretty well assure us he won't get. By the morning of April 27th, it will be a mathematical impossibility for him, as it already is for John Kasich.

If Kasich wasn't still in the race, I think Cruz would've already cut a deal with Trump. His ego (and his fallback plan of being the man setup for the nomination in 2020 or 2024) won't let him be anything but the last not-Trump standing. But once he hits mathematical impossibility, I would expect him to be ready to cut a deal.

If he doesn't? There will still be seven weeks left for Trump to hammer home that Cruz can't possibly win. That alone will kill an awful lot of his support. Trump can pretty well count on Jeb Bush to kill the rest of it.

Blogger bob k. mando March 23, 2016 11:34 AM  

50. W.LindsayWheeler March 23, 2016 10:13 AM
Cruz can't possibly be VP because he is not a Natural Born citizen.




sure he can, he's a lawyer.

he'll simply cite the 'Obama exemption to the Constitution'.

Blogger Nate March 23, 2016 11:40 AM  

"Cruz can't possibly be VP because he is not a Natural Born citizen. "

***chuckle***

He says this while Obama is actually still president.

Anonymous The other robot March 23, 2016 11:43 AM  

He says this while Obama is actually still president.

Of course, if Obama's real father is Frank Marshall Davis he is a Natural Born Citizen.

Maybe we should make a big deal of this Natural Born Citizen thing. Perhaps laws signed into existence by someone ineligible to be President should be automatically revoked.

Blogger praetorian March 23, 2016 11:44 AM  

They really need to be pitchforked.

No, they do not. Mormons are good folk. I have no desire to live with them, nor do I find their take on Christianity comprehensible, but the average Mormon is on the side of light. You are aiming the wrong direction.

Anonymous The other robot March 23, 2016 11:46 AM  

@76: 538 already has him on 754.

Blogger Sam Lively March 23, 2016 11:48 AM  

@71 Sean:

I don't care about how astute his campaign is. The further his campaign goes, the more he confirms the skeptic's narrative that he is at heart an establishment guy who only drew friendly fire because he was a pathological twerp with no qualms about stabbing his ideological comrades in the back for media attention and grassroots brownie points.

The establishment isn't rallying to him because they think he can win - they know he can't. They are just hoping his slimy Iago routine can keep Trump low enough to raise the odds of pulling off a coup at the convention.

If Cruz actually cared about breaking up the Washington cartel, he would be steering his ground game into a partnership with Trump, not pimping it out for establishment black ops.

Anonymous The other robot March 23, 2016 11:49 AM  

Proposed 28th Amendment to the Consitition:

No citizen may be punished for nor prevented from executing those who obtain, by deception or fraud, offices in the Government of the United States.

Blogger VD March 23, 2016 11:49 AM  

the average Mormon is on the side of light.

Not when they are supporting the largest invasion in human history, they're not. They're literal Fifth Columnists.

Anonymous Philalethes March 23, 2016 11:51 AM  

A friend sent me a link to this video:

Black off-duty police officer YouTubes his Tucson Trump rally experience

Went out of curiosity, had his mind blown by the difference between what he experienced and what was reported in the media. My friend was there also (saw him in the TV video below); he writes:

"For me watching it brought back same feelings and impressions from being at rally - good ones, of being in a safe, orderly, polite group of people - and I don't like crowds - did not feel crowded at all there."

Tatum notes on his Facebook page (where the video is also posted): "I'd like to add that after further investigation the protester that was punched did not provoke the other male, according to authorities. I don't need to state the obvious regarding my stance on assault."

That was the one thing about Tatum's report that I wondered about; from the video I saw of the incident, the protestor didn't seem to offer any provocation other than his attitude:

Protester at Trump rally receives an unexpected blow

The incident also appeared to have been caught on a number of cellphones; here's one video from a different angle.

Unfortunate, but looks like the attacker has a short fuse; according to the story, "The man was holding a sign showing Trump's face with part of the Confederate flag over it." Also looked like he'd been handcuffed before.

The show goes on.

Blogger Nate March 23, 2016 11:51 AM  

" The further his campaign goes, the more he confirms the skeptic's narrative that he is at heart an establishment guy who only drew friendly fire because he was a pathological twerp with no qualms about stabbing his ideological comrades in the back for media attention and grassroots brownie points."

By "Skeptic's narative" you actually mean... "Trump Fan Narative Who Doesn't Actually Follow US Politics Very Closely"

Blogger James Dixon March 23, 2016 12:00 PM  

> If Cruz actually cared about breaking up the Washington cartel, he would be steering his ground game into a partnership with Trump, not pimping it out for establishment black ops.

How do you know he's not? It's not like either of them would advertise the fact at this point.

Blogger tz March 23, 2016 12:00 PM  

The LDS should then encourage SLC to be the biggest sanctuary city in the USA and welcome all the illegals from south of the border and refugees.
One thing missed is on the Democratic side, 80% of Utah voted for Bernie Sanders.
This is as bad as the liberals - they want to use MY taxes and have alien cultures move next to me while they stay in their gated enclaves except to send missionaries forth.
As a Catholic, my response to the Pope is open the Vatican to refugees if you are so concerned - lead by example.
Also saying "average Mormon" is meaningless - they aren't a monolith. But because the areas they have lived in haven't been directly affected by alien migrants and refugees, they don't seem to understand. They are having BLM problems, but haven't had industries close down, illegals taking jobs, Mosque problems.

Blogger Josh March 23, 2016 12:13 PM  

Mormons don't believe in race.

Given their take on the mark of Cain, you're wrong. Also, you're an idiot

Blogger bob k. mando March 23, 2016 12:17 PM  

87. Philalethes March 23, 2016 11:51 AM
A friend sent me a link to this video:



light skinned nigga who could pass the paper bag test goes Unca Tom ...

you know it's true. *wink*

Blogger Sam Lively March 23, 2016 12:19 PM  

@88 Nate:

There has been ample skepticism of Cruz on this blog, iSteve, VDare and among Ron Paul fans since his Tea Party anointing. You really think this just an ad hoc narrative to support Trump? Far from it.

Regardless, it's a narrative that is being confirmed in snowballing fashion. The cuckservative swarm is rapidly coalescing around Cruz. He's putting Lindsey Graham on the stump, Romney in his ground game, a Bush on his finance team and Trump and only Trump in his crosshairs. Their extreme personal distaste for him is still obvious, but just as obvious is how little they fear him.

And on the flipside, Cruz' choice of allies in all-out war with Trump reveals how phony his anti-establishment pose has been - it's been pure opportunism from the beginning. He doesn't want to dismantle the establishment, he wants to lead it. Always has. They just didn't want him and now he's trying to force himself on them.

Blogger tz March 23, 2016 12:25 PM  

There are several Delegate Calculators
Trump needs 38% of the remainder.
Cruz needs 86% of the remainder.
That percentage will increase and that is the problem with Cruz.
After a month or so, it will be 60% / >100%.
If Trump takes WI and NY (NY on 4/19), Cruz can't win. CO and ND are unbound.
If Cruz isn't beyond the delegate event horizon then, after 4/26 he will be so can at best trigger a brokered convention.
WI has some "by district", and Kasich might pull some in PA, but again, all they are doing is trying to deny Trump victory, not win themselves.
It isn't "over", but Cruz needed to win both AZ and UT to get high enough in the gravitational field to be able to reach escape velocity.


Blogger tz March 23, 2016 12:29 PM  

@69 - Mormons have Changed on this - they maintain the doctrine, but now allow all men into the priesthood.

Blogger Beau March 23, 2016 12:30 PM  

There will still be seven weeks left ... that Cruz can't possibly win.

Some of us are old enough to remember Sirhan Sirhan. I pray Trump's security detail is on their toes - and angels and ministers of the gospel defend us.

Anonymous Jack Amok March 23, 2016 12:31 PM  

But [Mormons] do have a strong aversion to not being seen as "nice." And I think given past history of being relentlessly persecuted and hounded from state to state when the church was young, some of them have developed an almost pathological need to try and fit in.

Yep, that's a pretty good way to put it. Early on in the campaign, the Mormons I know were all in for Carson - the "nice" guy in the field. Also, remember that most Mormons have spent two years wandering around a foreign country trying to sell religious ideas to the locals. They have a lot of practice trying to fit in.

But in the end, they'll be on the right side. They are far more practical people than most demographic groups. They'll be nice as they deal with problems, but they will deal with them.

Wheeler knows as much about Mormons as Bernie Sanders does about economics.

Blogger Jon M March 23, 2016 12:34 PM  

So at what point do Cruz donors give up hope and he run out of money? Do they hang in to the bitter end hoping that he secures the nomination at a brokered convention? That seems like a stretch.

Blogger tz March 23, 2016 12:40 PM  

@94 - there is one wildcard - there are truly unbound delegates, so I think the narrative will be when it requires >100% remaining that some of the hard unbound delegates will vote for him so it isn't really over, especially with the establishment supporting him, but since Jeb! wants Jeb! to be president, they will get to a later ballot and Jeb! or Ryan will be the nominee.
It might take CA to push Trump to escape velocity in that case since Cruz and Kasich might still suck delegates in a vain hope.
Cruz will have to take sides - is he really establishment and probably be pushed that way by his vampire squidette spouse and accept some morsel (dipped in the bowl) and stay in to try to deny Trump. Or is he really an outsider, honorable, and believes in the values he has been preaching and end his campaign.

Blogger Sam Lively March 23, 2016 12:41 PM  

@89 James Dixon

He's most definitely not. He declared war on Trump sometime around the new year (after the polls has established that the immigration issue had rendered the establishment guys DOA) and has been stoking his ground forces into an anti-Trump frenzy ever since.

I've seen this on the grassroots level (I was born and bred in street-level grassroots activism - these are my people). My Facebook feed is a constant stream of Evangelical denunciation of Trump.

And it should be bleedingly obvious where this is coming from. A big part of Cruz' success in gaining grassroots loyalty is a result of his early courtship of the Tea Party media. He got Glenn Beck and the Blaze, then Mark Levin's Conservative Review, both very early. I think he got Erick Erickson pretty early as well.

Those three Tea Party organs have been running the most vitriolic anti-Trump campaigns west of DC. They've done everything in their power to keep Evangelicals away from Trump and loyal to Cruz.

It's total war, not some headfake.

Anonymous Jack Amok March 23, 2016 12:42 PM  

The cuckservative swarm is rapidly coalescing around Cruz.

Look, my slogan is "Trump 2016, Because Fuck You" and I've said that whatever either Trump or Cruz really are, Cruz looks establishment and Trump doesn't. But... there's no sense criticizing the guy for having establishment parasites trying to glom onto him as their preferred hosts fall by the wayside.

The leeches are starting to get scared - their paychecks depend on being part of the system so most of them can't afford to be excluded and will try to suck up to whoever they need to suck up to.

Blogger Sam Lively March 23, 2016 12:56 PM  

@101 Jack Amok

Just the fact that they are swarming isn't Cruz' fault - but he deserves every bit of blame for creating a NeverTrump platform to attract them in the first place.

I believe that Cruz is the guy most responsible for boosting the wavering cuckservatism of the ideological conservatives (not the beltway creeps like the Weakly Standard and Gnashional Review). I believe that is in his service that guys like Glenn Beck, Matt Walsh, Erick Erickson and Mark Levin are joining the usual suspects in going full SJW against Trump (Ben Shapiro gets an honorable mention for going full kamikaze SJW on two fronts - from the Tea Party right and the elitist Beltway center).

OpenID aew51183 March 23, 2016 1:08 PM  

@13

Looks like conceiTED is trying to force brokered convention and steal it by cucking the delegates.

Cruz plays convention strategy - WSJ: “Sen. Ted Cruz’s campaign has been operating an under-the-radar effort to prepare for a contested Republican convention this summer, and those moves appear to be bearing fruit in places such as this Atlanta exurb. Though front-runner Donald Trump carried Georgia’s Coweta County by 12 percentage points three weeks ago, it was Cruz supporters who dominated an early stage of the arcane process of choosing the people who will serve as delegates at the Republican National Convention. The goal: If Mr. Trump doesn’t win on the first ballot—freeing most delegates from voting for the candidate who won their state’s primary or caucus—Cruz supporters would dominate the convention, paving the way for the Texas senator to win the nomination on a later vote.”

Blogger Chris Mallory March 23, 2016 1:13 PM  

Slightly OT
JOHN PODHORETZ over at Commentary complains that Trump blowing a kiss to Israel wasn't the fellatio that AIPAC expects out of presidential candidates.
https://www.commentarymagazine.com/politics-ideas/dont-grade-trump-aipac-speech-curve/

Blogger Nate March 23, 2016 1:17 PM  

"There has been ample skepticism of Cruz on this blog, iSteve, VDare and among Ron Paul fans since his Tea Party anointing."

This blog... run by an ex-pat that is admittedly out of touch with american politics... and a comment section that has generally been grossly infected by a combination of low-info Trump supporters who literally have no idea what even Trump says.. much less what other candidates have done and said... and a contingent of "Trump Because Fuck You" you types that are largely disaffected Ron Paul supporters from 8 and 4 years ago. The two groups differ slightly on Cruz. One's primary issue with Cruz is that he's not Trump... and the other's primary beef with Cruz is that he isn't Ron Paul.

Blogger The Gray Man March 23, 2016 1:18 PM  

Nate, my issue with Cruz is I just flat out don't trust him. He has never given me a good vibe. Always knew he was better than Rubio though.

Blogger Josh March 23, 2016 1:19 PM  

and the other's primary beef with Cruz is that he isn't Ron Paul.

TED CRUZ IS NOT RON PAUL!

Anonymous Cheddarman of Christendom March 23, 2016 1:21 PM  

They like just enough diversity to get fell goods, but when the diversity becomes a turd in the punchbowl, not so much. I saw a Hispanic themed float in a founders day Parade years ago. White people were not happy. The single black man in the crowd was diggin' the 120 decibel Latino disco music. Founders day is a celebration of Mormon faith and culture, by the way.

Blogger Nate March 23, 2016 1:22 PM  

"Nate, my issue with Cruz is I just flat out don't trust him. He has never given me a good vibe."

Oh.. fascinating. So you vote like a woman. You base your opinions on feelings... vibes... or other womanly emotions.

Big of you to admit it.

OpenID aew51183 March 23, 2016 1:24 PM  

@105

Nate, the only person I'm seeing out of touch is you. You're so out of touch you have to resort to flinging vitriol like "low-info" at the people posting in this column, who have a demonstrably clear picture, born of intense scrutiny, of the current field and the angles the candidates are taking.

We get it. You really, really wish Cruz was the person he presented himself as, but he's not. It's clear from his recent actions he's an establishment 5th column who is now outing himself as such, knowing only the informed will see it for what it is while the low-info crowd will be too awash in the media's Trump circus to see him creeping around in the background and the evangelicals he's managed to hoodwink are too indoctrinated to accept rational arguments.

Blogger Nate March 23, 2016 1:25 PM  

'TED CRUZ IS NOT RON PAUL!"

Look at some point you're going to have to accept the fact that there really is a sub-section of brown people on this planet that really do need to be bombed to hell and gone.

Blogger Sean March 23, 2016 1:28 PM  

@103 Trump should be doing the same thing. If he was, he'd be hailed as "A great negotiator" and he'd be talking about how much he is winning. But because it is Cruz, not Trump he must be a cuck.

Blogger Sean March 23, 2016 1:30 PM  

@105 So an entire career of Cruz's defending the constitution can be thrown away because of the desperation of the elites, but you can dismiss a lifetime of liberalism in Trumps case because he says so.

Blogger Gaiseric March 23, 2016 1:30 PM  

tz wrote:Also saying "average Mormon" is meaningless - they aren't a monolith. But because the areas they have lived in haven't been directly affected by alien migrants and refugees, they don't seem to understand. They are having BLM problems, but haven't had industries close down, illegals taking jobs, Mosque problems.
That's my take on it as well. The personal experience with the local area where most of them live tends to push for a "muh Constitution" approach, not a "muh People" approach. And their history of encountering skepticism and mistrust at best from Americans tends to further congeal their separation from "muh People."

It's not surprising that they favor Cruz over Trump, given how the two of them have branded their campaigns. But I don't think there's a strong NeverTrump movement there. I think it's a strong, "I'd prefer Cruz" movement which will shade into "I'd rather have Trump than Hillary."

Especially when Trump releases his Supreme Court picks and they're reassuring to the average conservative.
tz wrote:@69 - Mormons have Changed on this - they maintain the doctrine, but now allow all men into the priesthood.
Actually, that was never a doctrine anyway. It is a common folk belief, but its origin was outside of the Mormon faith. The Southern Baptists split from the Northern Baptists over their use of the concept of the Mark of Cain being a justification for the practice of African slavery.

Blogger praetorian March 23, 2016 1:30 PM  

Christ save us from pointless infighting.

Blogger Nate March 23, 2016 1:31 PM  

"Looks like conceiTED is trying to force brokered convention and steal it by cucking the delegates."

You mean he's still trying to win?

no. way.

I'm on record as saying there is no way trump doesn't win the nomination out right... but if Ted wants to fight tooth and nail and pull every trick he can to try to win. Good for him. If the game lasts 60 minutes... the fight for 60 minutes.

Blogger stevo March 23, 2016 1:31 PM  

Never knew where dog in the manger came from, although I'm pretty sure oxen eat hay not straw

Blogger Nate March 23, 2016 1:32 PM  

"So an entire career of Cruz's defending the constitution can be thrown away because of the desperation of the elites, but you can dismiss a lifetime of liberalism in Trumps case because he says so."

dude. Don't ask TrumpVoter to be consistent.

OpenID aew51183 March 23, 2016 1:34 PM  

@116

"but if Ted wants to fight tooth and nail and pull every trick he can to try to win. Good for him."

Good to know Nate is fine with subverting democracy when his choices don't get the vote.

Blogger Chris Mallory March 23, 2016 1:37 PM  

Nate wrote:Look at some point you're going to have to accept the fact that there really is a sub-section of brown people on this planet that really do need to be bombed to hell and gone.

Not really, close the borders and deport the ones that are here now and we wouldn't have to bomb any of them. Brown people in Europe or the Middle East are not the responsibility of the American tax payers.
The only way they can hurt us is if we let them come to the United States.

OpenID aew51183 March 23, 2016 1:38 PM  

@113

"So an entire career of Cruz's defending the constitution can be thrown away because of the desperation of the elites, but you can dismiss a lifetime of liberalism in Trumps case because he says so."

Cute, you still think this is about "leftism vs conservatism" when it's "globalism vs nationalism".

Between these two axes, the latter is much more important. You can't have conservatism when you have no nation or values to conserve.

Which is what makes @118 "Don't ask TrumpVoter to be consistent." pretty hilarious. Trump voters have been VERY consistent: You can't have conservatism without a nation to conserve, and NAU/TPP Ted and his cuckservative breathren are allied with the globalists out to destroy that nation.

Blogger Gaiseric March 23, 2016 1:38 PM  

Not sure exactly to whom this is directed, but it's an interesting article that seems timely given the direction the comments are going. http://www.infowars.com/cruzs-college-roommate-everybody-hated-nasty-ted/

Blogger Chris Mallory March 23, 2016 1:39 PM  

Sean wrote:So an entire career of Cruz's defending the constitution can be thrown away because of the desperation of the elites,

No, it is thrown away because he is a NeoCon Shill, a lover of big war, in bed with Goldman Sachs and was born in Canada. Any of those should be enough to disqualify him.

Anonymous #8601 Jean Valjean March 23, 2016 1:42 PM  

If the game lasts 60 minutes... the fight for 60 minutes.

Trump and Cruz are supposed to be on the same team. Better to unite for the real game, which is the general election.

Blogger praetorian March 23, 2016 1:45 PM  

Not today, apparently.

Anonymous cincinnatus March 23, 2016 1:45 PM  

Given their take on the mark of Cain, you're wrong. Also, you're an idiot

@91 Josh
They repudiated that belief about dindus back in the 1970s, and have been full cuck ever since. Mormons do, after all, accept evolution of doctrine if their president gets a new revelation explicitly contradicting and renouncing a previous one. Polygamy being the most obvious example.

There has been ample skepticism of Cruz on this blog, iSteve, VDare and among Ron Paul fans since his Tea Party anointing. You really think this just an ad hoc narrative to support Trump? Far from it.

Regardless, it's a narrative that is being confirmed in snowballing fashion. The cuckservative swarm is rapidly coalescing around Cruz. He's putting Lindsey Graham on the stump, Romney in his ground game, a Bush on his finance team and Trump and only Trump in his crosshairs. Their extreme personal distaste for him is still obvious, but just as obvious is how little they fear him.

And on the flipside, Cruz' choice of allies in all-out war with Trump reveals how phony his anti-establishment pose has been - it's been pure opportunism from the beginning. He doesn't want to dismantle the establishment, he wants to lead it. Always has. They just didn't want him and now he's trying to force himself on them.


@93 Sam Lively
Exactly. I mean, look at the pattern here, judging from the comments I see on the interwebs.

Cruz supporters spend most of their energy attacking... Trump.

Sanders supporters spend most of their energy attacking... Trump.

Hillary and Kasich supporters are more tepid, but they still attack Trump more often than anyone else.

I mean, is it really so hard to see the pattern here?

Blogger Tim March 23, 2016 1:46 PM  

In California, it is a closed primary, which means you have to reregister as a Republican 15 days prior to the primary in order to cast a vote if you are not one of the 4.8 million registered Republicans in the state. Has the Cali SecState released any data on how many registrations he has received to date? It could be important, as Cruz tends to outperform Trump in closed primary states.

Blogger Rusty Fife March 23, 2016 1:47 PM  

aew51183 wrote:Cute, you still think this is about "leftism vs conservatism" when it's "globalism vs nationalism".



Trump/Sanders '16!

Blogger Nate March 23, 2016 1:48 PM  

"Good to know Nate is fine with subverting democracy when his choices don't get the vote."

psst...

I didn't vote for Cruz.

I didn't vote for anyone.

I have no dog in this fight at all.

Anonymous Jimmy the Freak March 23, 2016 1:50 PM  

Student in Blue wrote:@Josh

From article:

(In case the message wasn’t clear enough, the church-owned Deseret News went on to publish a story highlighting the growing alliance and solidarity between Mormon and Muslim leaders.)

Well that explains it. Polygamy brothers.


Well, that explains it. They've been swapping wives.

Blogger Josh March 23, 2016 1:53 PM  

Not really, close the borders and deport the ones that are here now and we wouldn't have to bomb any of them. Brown people in Europe or the Middle East are not the responsibility of the American tax payers.
The only way they can hurt us is if we let them come to the United States.


This is also my position

Blogger Alexander March 23, 2016 1:53 PM  

Nate's view is that democracy has been subverted since at least 1860.

Blogger Nate March 23, 2016 1:54 PM  

"Cute, you still think this is about "leftism vs conservatism" when it's "globalism vs nationalism"."

you hope its about globalism vs nationalism.

Given that Trump has named 3 people he listens to on Foreign Policy and 2 of them are the current chair of the CFR and another is strongly associated with the CFR... I do believe you should consider the fact that Trump may not be as nationalist as you think he is.

but hey... there is a big chunk of you reading this that have no idea what I'm talking about... Which is why I call you low-info.

Blogger Were-Puppy March 23, 2016 1:55 PM  

@39 Student in Blue
@Sick Duck

Low energy troll. Sad!
---

Sad Cuck qualities:

1) Low Energy
2) Small Hands
3) THAT FACE

Blogger praetorian March 23, 2016 1:56 PM  

It could be important, as Cruz tends to outperform Trump in closed primary states.

This is a guess, but I suspect that a closed CA primary is good for Trump. Californian Republicans tend towards libertarianism and fuck-you-ism so Trump should play pretty well, like Arnold. The thing I would worry about here is that, if it was an open primary, the dems (with the help of the establishment republicans and the establishment (((republicans)))) would flood the primary with an Anyone But Trump campaign.

We'll see.

Anonymous cincinnatus March 23, 2016 1:56 PM  

It could be important, as Cruz tends to outperform Trump in closed primary states.

@127 Tim
From what I've been able to gather, the open/closed factor is insignificant. It has only appeared significant because closed primaries have been more common in Cruz-friendly parts of the country (Oklahoma, Louisiana, Idaho).

OTOH, caucuses definitely seem biased toward Cruz or the GOPe in general. Cruz would have had his a$$ handed to him in Kentucky and Maine if those states had had a primary, and would have had a considerably narrower win in Kansas and Wyoming than he did. And I highly doubt Rubio would have won Minnesota in a primary.

Blogger Were-Puppy March 23, 2016 2:02 PM  

@56 James Dixon
> Cruz can't possibly be VP because he is not a Natural Born citizen.

While I agree, that simply doesn't matter any more.
---

It still matters for those who are trying to expose globalists

Blogger Gaiseric March 23, 2016 2:03 PM  

Nate wrote:Given that Trump has named 3 people he listens to on Foreign Policy and 2 of them are the current chair of the CFR and another is strongly associated with the CFR... I do believe you should consider the fact that Trump may not be as nationalist as you think he is.

but hey... there is a big chunk of you reading this that have no idea what I'm talking about... Which is why I call you low-info.

Trump is still discouragingly naive in many ways when it comes to politics. This wouldn't be the first time he turned to the supposed experts because of their credentials rather than because they're right.

Blogger praetorian March 23, 2016 2:04 PM  

As a side note, I'm pretty proud of getting the parens in my anti-semitic Lisp correct there.

Blogger Nate March 23, 2016 2:05 PM  

"Nate's view is that democracy has been subverted since at least 1860."

it actually goes back to the 18-teens but yeah...

Blogger Nate March 23, 2016 2:07 PM  

"Trump is still discouragingly naive in many ways when it comes to politics. This wouldn't be the first time he turned to the supposed experts because of their credentials rather than because they're right."

one would think someone running for president as a nationalist would be savy enough to realize that the Council on Foreign Relations is the most globalist think-tank there is... and maybe avoid associating himself with the freaking Chair of it.

I mean these are literally the guys who brought us NAFTA.

Anonymous Eric the Red March 23, 2016 2:10 PM  

Cruz's actions over the last 8 years are indicative of someone firmly in league with the status quo. As but one example, he and his wife's relationship with Goldman Sachs is just the tip of a nasty iceberg.

Other than a kneejerk anybody-but-Trump attitude, I don't see why Cruz's supporters are so adamant about defending his stated positions... for example, why not support Sessions instead? Meanwhile, Cruz's quotes about Trump and NATO and the Belgian massacre are more proof that his logic is faulty, and his foreign policy positions are just another form of interventionist globalism. @121 already mentioned it: analyis of candidates requires a two-axes model.

But now folks, here's the worst thing about T.Cruz... he's just another damn lawyer, making more laws for the sake of lawyers. Lawyers should be disallowed from being a legislator or running for the executive branch. As a lawyer they are automatically agents of the court, you know that third branch of government that's supposed to be independent of the other two.

Blogger Nate March 23, 2016 2:10 PM  

This is gold right here...

http://www.dailystormer.com/regarding-donald-trumps-aipac-speech/

(((trump)))

Anonymous BGKB March 23, 2016 2:10 PM  

"Kristol wouldn't know a conservative if one beat him up in a dark alley."..We need to run a field experiment

I had the rainbow feather boa on at the time.

Brown people in Europe or the Middle East are not the responsibility of the American tax payers.

The US has subsumed Europe's military. If they didn't have US bases in Europe those nations would have had more than a token force, thus would have more men trained to defend their homelands.

Given that Trump has named 3 people he listens to on Foreign Policy

I thought he named 5. One with a history of right wing Christian militias in Lebanon, and another that is a realist about moslems.

Anonymous BGKB March 23, 2016 2:13 PM  

From Nates link:
"First they came for the Mexicans, and I said nothing because I was laughing too hard to talk.

Then they came for the Moslems, and I said nothing because I was blasting Motörhead’s “Ace of Spades” so loudly that no one would be able to hear me if I said something.

Finally they came for the Jews, and I said nothing because people can’t talk while they’re chugging champaign straight out of the bottle.

Then they stopped coming, so I played X-Box with my neighbor and then went to the gym. Then later me and my girlfriend and my cousin played Scrabble while listening to jazz music and trying out some different types of cold cuts and cheeses we bought at Whole Foods.

Anonymous Cheddarman March 23, 2016 2:16 PM  

Good luck wit that Wheeler they tend to be well armed

Blogger Sam Lively March 23, 2016 2:19 PM  

@105 Nate

Plenty of Doc Holiday Huckleberries to your Johnny Ringo if you just look up.

The beef with Cruz isn't just that he's not Ron Paul, it's that he's Ted Cruz.

He's Iago/Steerpike/Grima Wormtongue. A creepy genius who repels normal people because he has no concept of loyalty, only ambition, and relies almost exclusively on intrigue and revolution to gain power as a result.

The only people he's a threat to are the people that refuse to give him his desired position of power. Otherwise as a schemer, he is no threat to the establishment as a system. He has to work through others as he is not individually charismatic or powerful enough to lead change.

This is why he went to work for Bush. This is why he married a banker. This is why he pandered to the Tea Party. This is why he's now offering his network to the Establishment on the condition that they give him what they refused him back in 2000.

This isn't ad hoc conspiracy theory - it's a pretty straightforward reading of his political rise as documented by the people he has constantly been trying to outmaneuver. And it's borne out by his behavior on the campaign trail - from drafting behind Trump as the anti-establishment guy and then switching to the only guy who can defeat Trump for the establishment.

Anonymous Eric the Red March 23, 2016 2:22 PM  

@145...
(sorry, reference should have been @124)...(and I forgot to mention Cruz and his wife's relationship to the CFR, a truly Struldbrugian POS if there ever was one.)

Blogger Were-Puppy March 23, 2016 2:23 PM  

@108 Nate

So in your view it's impossible to dislike Teddy on his own merits?

Blogger Were-Puppy March 23, 2016 2:29 PM  

@125 Gaiseric

Not sure exactly to whom this is directed, but it's an interesting article that seems timely given the direction the comments are going. http://www.infowars.com/cruzs-college-roommate-everybody-hated-nasty-ted/
---

That guy has been bashing Teddy for years now apparently. He Must Be A Trumpster!*

*according to Nate

Blogger Student in Blue March 23, 2016 2:29 PM  

@Nate
I didn't vote for Cruz.

I didn't vote for anyone.

I have no dog in this fight at all.


For someone who has "no dog in this fight at all", you spend an inordinate amount of time talking about how dumb a certain candidate's supporters are.

Would you seriously believe someone if they claimed they had absolutely no dog in the fight about college football, yet still go on and on about how U of Alabama fans are full of mouthbreathers whenever the topic of U of Alabama came up?

Anonymous A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents March 23, 2016 2:31 PM  

In a way, it is actually a good thing to see the various GOPe parasites manuvering themselves to attach to either Cruz or Trump. That is because they are acting in pure self interest; they are aligning themselves with what they expect to be the winning team(s).

Blogger Nate March 23, 2016 2:32 PM  

"This is why he went to work for Bush. This is why he married a banker."

See?

This is reason number 357 that I call you low info.

Heidi and Ted married in 2001. She didn't go to work for Goldman until 2005. He didn't marry a banker. He married an executive assistant in the Bush Administration who'd only been out of college for a few years.

Blogger Lazarus March 23, 2016 2:33 PM  

how to vote in utah

OpenID aew51183 March 23, 2016 2:35 PM  

It doesn't matter when it occured, ted still literally SLEEPS with goldman sachs, the cfr, and the NAU

Calling that out is the opposite of low-info.

If you judge people based on their associations, you should be rooting for Trump, who merely has a couple advisors, vs Cruz, who literally sleeps with the enemy.

Blogger Nate March 23, 2016 2:37 PM  

":So in your view it's impossible to dislike Teddy on his own merits?"

Absolutely not. Virtually everyone who is against the whole Foreign Adventurism hates Cruz because Cruz is, in general, a guy who likes to blow up brown people.

There are LOT of people that hate him because of that. Of course.. that has nothing to do with why the trump people hate him.. and everything to do with why the Ron Paul people hate him.

But the claims that Ted isn't trust-worthy are just retarded. unlike Trump the man has a track record. he is exactly who he says he is. He votes exactly like Rand Paul.

Like I say.. I don't mind you hating Ted Cruz. I just think its hilarious when you hate him for shit like "marrying a banker!" or "GOLDMAN SACHS!" when even a cursory bit of research would show that he's not beholden to Goldman at all. He's beholden to Big Oil... and he didn't marry a banker. They'd been married for years when Goldman gave her her Bush Admin Golden Parachute.

Anonymous crushlimbraw March 23, 2016 2:39 PM  

I fully expect that Trump has plan B at the ready - The American Party - and I also expect that he can pull it off - a coalition of blue collar Dems, daGOP base, Independents, disgruntled Bernie supporters, and a fair share of Blacks and Hispanics will give him at least a plurality, if not an outright majority.
The turnout of voters will become a tidal wave, and their outpouring fury unleashed by the RNC convention outrage would kill daGOP - bury it! Don't doubt me!

Blogger Were-Puppy March 23, 2016 2:40 PM  

That's like saying, When they got married was a Canadian. It wasn't until 4 years later he became an American!

Blogger Nate March 23, 2016 2:40 PM  

"If you judge people based on their associations, you should be rooting for Trump, who merely has a couple advisors, vs Cruz, who literally sleeps with the enemy."

Oh I do love me some Trumpkin rhetoric.

Asked who influences him in foreign policy matters... many of the people Trump has listed are hardcore committed globalists.

Trump said that. Trump gave those names.

And your defense of this... is... "yeah... well... heidi cruz was like.. an account manager at Goldman Sachs."

You're a dumb dumb.

OpenID aew51183 March 23, 2016 2:41 PM  

@159:
"But the claims that Ted isn't trust-worthy are just retarded. "

yeah, it's not like he's known for engaging in kabuki theater to help pass TPP and gang of 8, or literally sleeping every night with the CFR/NAU/Goldman, or has a history of calling into election precincts to claim his opponents have dropped out of the race and endorsed him, or has a history of going on TV and joining MoveOn to victim-blame Trump and his supporters for the anarchists at his rallies, or is now being observed cucking the delegates.

He's a 100% straight-up guy!

Blogger Nate March 23, 2016 2:42 PM  

"That's like saying, When they got married was a Canadian. It wasn't until 4 years later he became an American!"

So you're saying the while Hiedi was working as an administrative assistant for the Bush Administration... she was actually a banker? Even though she'd never worked for any bank or firm ever and was in fact at her first job ever?

Blogger Nate March 23, 2016 2:45 PM  

"yeah, it's not like he's known for engaging in kabuki theater to help pass TPP and gang of 8,"

again... here you are bringing up the Gang of 8... which Cruz fought against.. and Trump fucking FUNDED... oh... and who Trump actually praised in debate just in the last few weeks.

Again.. this isn't about Ted sugar. This is about your dumb ass... and how blind and stupid you are about Trump.

I don't mind people voting for Trump. The whole "Trump Because Fuck You!" thing is fine with me.

Its you idiot True Believers that such a source of endless entertainment to me.

Anonymous #8601 Jean Valjean March 23, 2016 2:46 PM  

heidi cruz was like..

like a 10 but now a 7 at best.

Blogger Sam Lively March 23, 2016 2:48 PM  

@116 Sean

I'm not throwing out Cruz' record as a lawyer. I think he'd make a solid SC justice. His ability and fidelity as a legal advocate of conservatism is very strong.

It's the politician that is far more suspect. Ambition and principle are much closer bedfellows in debate than politics.

The biggest difference between Trump and Cruz on the political level is loyalty. This is also what sets Trump apart from Ron and Rand, who were more loyal to Von Mises than the Von Masses.

And that you summarize Trump's past as an "entire lifetime of liberalism" indicates that you are still viewing this race from a voter guide paradigm. Trump's support is all about nationalism, and nationalism is fundamentally a matter of loyalty, not a record of policy. While Trump's forays into policy have a strong liberal bent on social issues, he has maybe the best track record of chauvinism in the country.

OpenID aew51183 March 23, 2016 2:49 PM  

@162

"Trumpkin"

And this is where I dismiss you. You've outed yourself as a CruzBot.

"an account manager at Goldman Sachs"

And the intellectual dishonesty is doubled-down with this minimization of her role.

She was an executive, helped arrange a massive payout to Cruz, participated in the NAU, and advocated for TPP. He sleeps with her every night and if you believe she doesn't have more sway over him than advisors, whom trump is known to dismiss for crossing him, then you're raving.

@165

"bringing up the Gang of 8... which Cruz fought against"

PRETENDED to fight against, in classic D.C. Kabuki theater.

"Trump fucking FUNDED"

Nope

"Trump actually praised in debate just in the last few weeks"

Nope again.

"Again.. this isn't about Ted sugar."
"I don't mind people voting for Trump"

Oh yes it is and yes you do. It really sticks in your craw or you wouldn't be gish-galloping.

"Its you idiot True Believers"

SJWAL rule #2, SJW's always project.

Blogger James Dixon March 23, 2016 2:50 PM  

> It's total war, not some headfake.

It's politics, not war.

> If the game lasts 60 minutes... the fight for 60 minutes.

Exactly. That's the way the game is played.

> Trump and Cruz are supposed to be on the same team. Better to unite for the real game, which is the general election.

When the nomination is in hand they'll worry about that. Until then it's tooth and claw till the bitter end.

Blogger James Dixon March 23, 2016 2:58 PM  

> For someone who has "no dog in this fight at all", you spend an inordinate amount of time talking about how dumb a certain candidate's supporters are.

SiB, we have a saying here. MPAI. Most Trump supporters are idiots. Most Cruz supporters are idiots. Of course, almost all Kasich, Hillary, and Bernie supporters are idiots.

Blogger Sam Lively March 23, 2016 3:03 PM  

@156 Nate

Don't call me low-info just because you're being pedantic!

Heidi started working for JP Morgan right after graduating Claremont McKenna with a degree in Economics & International Relations. She studied abroad in Strasbourg and then in Brussels for another degree in European Business. Her first political appointment was to the Dept. of the Treasury.

Saying she wasn't a banker is like saying Ted Cruz wasn't a politician because he wasn't running for anything at the time. She had worked for banks, her expertise was banking and she was clearly positioning herself to become a leader in the international banking industry.

She also described her early dates with Cruz as "like a job interview" where they compared their plans for the future. Cruz absolutely knew he was marrying a banker, and it paid off in spades.

Blogger Were-Puppy March 23, 2016 3:08 PM  

@164 Nate

"That's like saying, When they got married was a Canadian. It wasn't until 4 years later he became an American!"

So you're saying the while Hiedi was working as an administrative assistant for the Bush Administration... she was actually a banker? Even though she'd never worked for any bank or firm ever and was in fact at her first job ever?
---

Nope, I was just being silly in that statement.



We can't escape the fact that her name is on the document at CFRs website for the doc Building a North American Community.

http://www.cfr.org/canada/building-north-american-community/p8102

This is the same one Vicente Fox goes on and on about.

Her bio there is :

"HEIDI S. CRUZ is an energy investment banker with Merrill Lynch in Houston, Texas. She served in the Bush White House under Dr. Condoleezza Rice as the Economic Director for the Western Hemisphere at the National Security Council, as the Director of the Latin America Office at the U.S. Treasury Department, and as Special Assistant to Ambassador Robert B. Zoellick, U.S. Trade Representative. Prior to government service, Ms. Cruz was an investment banker with J.P. Morgan in New York City."

She is literally on the CFR website as a "Task Force Member" for the North American Union.

And you can further see she has worked for many a bankster.


Look at this guy Zoellick
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Zoellick
Robert Zoellick

Robert Bruce Zoellick is an American banker who was the eleventh president of the World Bank, a position he held from July 1, 2007 to June 30, 2012. He was previously a managing director of Goldman Sachs, United States Deputy Secretary of State and U.S. Trade Representative, from February 7, 2001 until February 22, 2005. Zoellick has been a senior fellow at his alma mater Harvard Kennedy School since retirement from the World Bank in July 1, 2012.


Nice connections to have for Teddy.

OpenID aew51183 March 23, 2016 3:12 PM  

@172

SHUSH YOU! We're supposed to be "low-info". If you don't stop that and start licking walls Nate will start to look silly!

Blogger Were-Puppy March 23, 2016 3:13 PM  

Now, in Nates defense, I think he's just fishing here :P

Anonymous #8601 Jean Valjean March 23, 2016 3:14 PM  

I do believe you should consider the fact that Trump may not be as nationalist as you think he is.

All I ask is that he build the f-ing wall.

Blogger Were-Puppy March 23, 2016 3:25 PM  

That Zoellick has ties with Romney also - Oh The Humanity! I'm too lazy to keep untangling the spider web on Teddies Wife.

Blogger tz March 23, 2016 3:32 PM  

@97 - Heavy dependence on social status. Anti-chaos. They can be deep, but do try to emphasize the surface - I won't say superficial.
Trump won't be liked by such, so although Cruz is a slick politician and lies, he "looks better".

Blogger praetorian March 23, 2016 3:34 PM  

Start?

Once Sessions endorsed Trump and the Muh Dixie crew refused to budge, it became obvious that this is just a shit-posting contest. Which is fun in its own way.

Blogger Nate March 23, 2016 3:46 PM  

"She is literally on the CFR website as a "Task Force Member" for the North American Union."

You mean the same CFR who's president was listed by Trump as one the top guys in Foreign Policy?

The same CFR that lists other trump advisors as members?

Crazy talk.

Blogger Nate March 23, 2016 3:47 PM  

Oh.. and here's another fun fact...

2011 to 2016 Ted Cruz raised over 66 million dollars.

Goldman Sachs contributed just over 67,000.

Blogger Jourdan March 23, 2016 3:50 PM  

Vox, I love you man, I really do, but you need to stick to your first instinct and get out of the U.S. politics business. You are too remote and for too long to have a good feel for the game these days.

Anyone who thought that Trump was going to get any delegates out of Utah, let alone 17, just doesn't have the knowledge of U.S. politics to speculate.

Anonymous 11B March 23, 2016 3:50 PM  

Cruz is too valuable in the Senate. He needs to stay there.

Blogger tz March 23, 2016 3:50 PM  

@156 @159Absolutely not. Virtually everyone who is against the whole Foreign Adventurism hates Cruz because Cruz is, in general, a guy who likes to blow up brown people.
When Ted isn't with Glenn Beck giving them soccer balls and teddy bears.
You must admit having Heidi "on Leave" from Goldman Sachs looks bad. She doesn't seem to be homeschooling the children.

My problem with Cruz v.s. Trump is the Sigma - Alpha split. Alphas will seek a scorched earth policy when attacked or strongly opposed. Sigmas pick their battles carefully. I don't know which ones Ted will really push for, and which ones he will merely document how nasty the lying, compromising McConnell and Ryan are.
Either/both might pick someone like Judge Andrew Napolitano. If there are 41 Democrats and turncoat republicans ready to filibuster and deny the nomination, what do you think the chances are for Cruz v.s. Trump to ramrod the nomination through and make it clear that it would be unwise to repeat such an action?
Or as I put it before, Cruz will get 10% of an 80% right set of policies and nominees through, Trump will get 90% of a 50% set.
And he and Rand Paul aren't the same - note neither aided each other's filibusters.
The Bush Dynasty talked a good game. But how did the Terri Schiavo thing work out? Why didn't W defund PP? The TSA.
Cruz is too chummy with the neo-cons.

Blogger James Dixon March 23, 2016 3:51 PM  

> Goldman Sachs contributed just over 67,000.

Hey, that's over 0.1%. He's obviously bought and sold. :)

OpenID aew51183 March 23, 2016 3:57 PM  

@180

"Goldman Sachs contributed just over 67,000."

Yeah, let's forget the 1 million dollar "loan" for his campaign, and the contributions to superpacs.

Keep making excuses for your establishment 5th column.

Blogger James Dixon March 23, 2016 3:58 PM  

> If there are 41 Democrats and turncoat republicans ready to filibuster and deny the nomination...

There's no reason there need to be 9 Supreme Court justices. Trump could submit legislation to Congress cutting the number back to 7. The justice with the least time served could be moved to a district court position at no cut in pay. Or he could just leave the court deadlocked at 8.

Blogger exfarmkid March 23, 2016 4:10 PM  

168. AEW51183 "SJWAL rule #2, SJW's always project."

Now Nate is a SJW? Um....No.

Blogger VD March 23, 2016 4:12 PM  

Vox, I love you man, I really do, but you need to stick to your first instinct and get out of the U.S. politics business. You are too remote and for too long to have a good feel for the game these days.

I don't need a feel for it when I can do the math. You've said Trump won't win the nomination. I've said he will. Let's see who is correct.

Blogger VD March 23, 2016 4:13 PM  

AEW51183 "SJWAL rule #2, SJW's always project."

Don't be ridiculous. No one who is a regular here is an SJW. Don't water down a useful descriptor simply because you can't think of an insult.

OpenID aew51183 March 23, 2016 4:29 PM  

@189

Perhaps it would be better if I noted your rules apply to pretty much all cultists confronted with wrong-think, not just SJW's.

Blogger Elocutioner March 23, 2016 4:33 PM  

"[I]f Kasich dropped out according to Ohio election law all of his 66 delegates become bound to the second place finisher, Donald Trump."

Didn't know that.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/03/23/enough-is-enough-bobby-jindal-walks-away-from-nevertrump-camp/

Blogger Josh March 23, 2016 4:33 PM  

No one who is a regular here is an SJW.

THAT SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING AN SJW WOULD SAY!

Blogger Cogitans Iuvenis March 23, 2016 4:35 PM  

@105

You mean the fact that Goldmansachs literally has his balls in a vice, or the fact that he supported a bill to give documented status to illegals has nothing to do with some of the hate he is getting.

If your going to go with people hate him for emotion reasons may I suggest that it is because he simply looks untrustworthy?

http://i.imgur.com/OfVFLE0.jpg

Blogger Josh March 23, 2016 4:36 PM  

Perhaps it would be better if I noted your rules apply to pretty much all cultists confronted with wrong-think, not just SJW's.

Are you doubling down?

Blogger Jourdan March 23, 2016 5:08 PM  

@188- Whoa, whoa, whoa VD, I did NOT say Trump wouldn't win the nomination. I said he could not win the general election against the D candidate, presumed to be Clinton.

Anonymous dissident american March 23, 2016 5:11 PM  

@Nate

"I don't mind people voting for Trump. The whole "Trump Because Fuck You!" thing is fine with me."

I've said on twitter I think the likelihood of Trump following through on his major promises is around 25%. Ron Paul was the only one that ever scored higher in my mind. The fact is, Trump is a murder weapon and he's been performing superbly so far. Whether or not he holds true to his promises, he's already done a tremendous service by radically changing the political climate, thrashing the GOPe and Hillary, and making immigration that dominant mainstream issue (I don't care about Santorum, he was going nowhere and his opinions were heard by no one). If he keeps his word, we win. If he betrays us, we win.

Why Trump? Establishment delenda est. There was always going to be war here, after all. Unless Trump deports shitlibs too, it's going to happen eventually, probably sooner rather than later.

Blogger Student in Blue March 23, 2016 5:13 PM  

@James Dixon
SiB, we have a saying here. MPAI. Most Trump supporters are idiots. Most Cruz supporters are idiots. Of course, almost all Kasich, Hillary, and Bernie supporters are idiots.
Oh, I know. And I pointed that out to Nate weeks ago, but he's still here banging on like it personally insulted him.

Blogger Jourdan March 23, 2016 5:14 PM  

Which prediction I stand by, by the way. Most observers simply don't realize how radically the U.S. electorate has changed in the past twenty years. You could attribute all Reagan's votes in his landslides, control for population growth and then gift the Rs a 20% bonus for excitement and new voters...and they still will lose handily.

There are THAT MANY blacks, asians and latinos here now.

Blogger Jourdan March 23, 2016 5:20 PM  

We issued Immigration Visas in the State Department's NEA Bureau (roughly, the Middle East and North Africa) in numbers three times that of Belgium's entire Muslim population, last year alone.

Each one becomes a LPR (aka Green Card Holder) immediately upon entry and most become AmCits within five years of entry.

Blogger Student in Blue March 23, 2016 5:47 PM  

@Jourdan
Which prediction I stand by, by the way. Most observers simply don't realize how radically the U.S. electorate has changed in the past twenty years. You could attribute all Reagan's votes in his landslides, control for population growth and then gift the Rs a 20% bonus for excitement and new voters...and they still will lose handily.

Are you accounting for Democrat crossovers in that 20%, or are you just predicting it's going to be not that big of an impact?

1 – 200 of 222 Newer› Newest»

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts