ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2016 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Saturday, April 23, 2016

April Brainstorm tonight

Just a reminder for Brainstorm members that there is a closed event tonight. Check your email for details. Tonight will feature a guest speaker, William S. Lind, who will address the divergence between the events depicted in his novel Victoria and the massive demographic changes that we've seen in the last decade.

We will also be discussing recent developments in Project Big Fork and a few other issues. I've completed the review of the recent debate transcript and sent it off to Dr. Miller for approval; it should go out to members by Tuesday at the latest. It's better than I remembered; if Dr. Miller is amenable, we may publish it as a $2.99 epamphlet.

UPDATE: I'm pleased to be able to say that Dr. Miller is, indeed, amenable. So it should be out reasonably soon.

As for those who are not Brainstorm members, you are invited to the Rabid Puppies Hugo Nomination Party, which will start at 12:30 PM Eastern on Tuesday, April 26th. If you can make it, you can register for it here. Thanks to the new member signups, I was able to bump up the seats to 1,000, so there should be room for almost everyone; at the last Rabid Puppies Party, 750 more people tried to register than were able to attend.

So register and keep the prosecco cold and handy in case the Puppies do well.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Anonymous Deadlocked April 23, 2016 2:49 PM  

I do hope the e-pamphlet is published; you both stated the cases for your sides well.

Out of curiosity - how would the gross revenue for something like this be split? I'm assuming it would be split in some way between each speaker and the publisher. (If disclosing actual numbers isn't appropriate, I'd even be interested in a ranged estimate.)

Blogger VD April 23, 2016 2:54 PM  


Out of curiosity - how would the gross revenue for something like this be split?


Customarily, the two main participants divide the author's share.

Blogger Rantor April 23, 2016 3:34 PM  

Prosecco is good win or lose. Must figure out how to sneak out of work Tuesday and attend.

Blogger SciVo April 23, 2016 5:00 PM  

OT: Sargon of Akkad started a petition to suspend social justice courses in universities (h/t Breitbart. It already has over 29,000 supporters (including me), aiming at 35,000.

Blogger MycroftJones April 23, 2016 8:41 PM  

Did the webinar end early?

Blogger MycroftJones April 23, 2016 8:42 PM  

Damn, my mistake; I just looked at the last number; I joined just as it ended. I thought the end time was the start time.

Blogger Durandel Almiras April 23, 2016 8:47 PM  

I can't log in

Blogger Durandel Almiras April 23, 2016 8:48 PM  

Nevermind. I thought it started at 8:30 EST. Dang it.

Blogger Aeoli Pera April 23, 2016 8:57 PM  

MycroftJones wrote:Damn, my mistake; I just looked at the last number; I joined just as it ended. I thought the end time was the start time.

Lol, Mycroft every time Vox posts one of these threads you're having trouble.

Anonymous Cheddarman April 23, 2016 11:15 PM  

Hopefully we will be able to buy a transcript. Bill Lind is a prophet.

Blogger MycroftJones April 24, 2016 4:03 AM  

I hope we get a transcript too; over the past few months, this brainstorm is the one I most regret missing.

Blogger VD April 24, 2016 7:15 AM  

I hope we get a transcript too; over the past few months, this brainstorm is the one I most regret missing.

There will be a transcript provided to all Brainstorm members.

Anonymous Archange April 24, 2016 4:03 PM  

Simple FYI for any Mac people --- I just signed up successfully, but unlike the last time, when Webinar worked with OS X.7, it now requires OS X.9 to participate.

Blogger MycroftJones April 25, 2016 1:07 AM  

VD wrote:I hope we get a transcript too; over the past few months, this brainstorm is the one I most regret missing.

There will be a transcript provided to all Brainstorm members.


Thank you. Will the transcripts be emailed out? Is there a webpage I should watch?

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts