ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2016 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

The fence-sitter's lament

Status 451 makes it clear that they are NOT on our side:
As many will now be aware, a certain person whose handle makes an unfortunate monogram has entered the LambdaConf controversy.  Like many on the SJ side of this long-running conflict, he appears to be making his living as a culture war profiteer, only by selling books rather than consulting services to monetize the tribal conflict he has stoked.  Now, just like some on the other side, he is compiling a targeting database of ideological enemies.

Lately the use of mobbing and ostracism tactics by SJ advocates has been a matter of much concern for me and for this blog. However, we must make it clear that our interest is in opposing these tactics and the mentality of total cultural war they arise from, rather than siding with the opposing tribe.  They’d be just as vicious if they had equivalent influence, as VD’s McCarthy-esque enemies list illustrates.
This is ridiculous. Criticism is not merely irrelevant, it renders the critic irrelevant, when it is not accurate.  I don't fight the culture war because I am a "culture war profiteer" or because I expect anyone to agree with me, I fight it because the SJWs in science fiction and gaming were not content to leave me alone to write my books and columns, or design and develop my games, in peace.

These are ignorant words from someone who hasn't been seriously targeted for discrediting and disemployment yet. And when she is, I expect she'll come running and crying to those like me, who are willing to stand up and defend those who have been attacked for nothing more than their beliefs.

The SJW List isn't about belief. It is about action. Every single person on that list belongs there, and is there for a sound and solid and documented reason.

Now, if Status 451 can recommend more effective tactics, I am entirely willing to listen. What I am not willing to do is give any credence or respect to someone who considers themselves above the fray, or believes that leading by example, or being the better person, will lead to anything but submission to the SJW Narrative.

But she is wrong. We have no desire to denounce her or even think about her at all. We don't want moderates and fence-sitters and equivocators. Nor do we shoot at them. Unlike the SJWs, we ignore them. So let her run to her refuge. The only reason it will survive is because there are men and women who are willing to stand, take the heat, and take the battle to the other side.

Labels:

109 Comments:

Blogger Dexter April 12, 2016 2:41 PM  

"the tribal conflict he has stoked"

Goddamnit, Vox, why did you have to get the Lefties all worked up? They'd totally leave us alone if you weren't provoking them all the time. Geez.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan April 12, 2016 2:43 PM  

I wouldn't let her snipe from behind either. I don't think her readership is going to allow it. Given that I'm confident in beating the snot out of the Left I do have a high quality hair trimmer that can take it very close to the scalp if needed.

On a tender note, she is a woman and she is frightened by the SJW, so IMO the SJW must be absolutely driven from the Moral level of war, down into the basement dungeons with the SciFi child rapists.

Anonymous VFM #6306 April 12, 2016 2:43 PM  

It is not very smart to make your fence sitting public, however. SJWs hit soft targets like Joss Whedon and Jian Ghomeshi all the time. It is like sendin a very pretty flare to the easily dazzled SJW warren.

Blogger Christopher Yost April 12, 2016 2:43 PM  

Which is why I can be found here. Ya'll are crazy but you're also crazy effective.

Blogger John Williams April 12, 2016 2:45 PM  

the tribal conflict he has stoked
Did she really use the word "tribal" while criticizing someone of Indian (feather, not dot) descent?

Blogger Were-Puppy April 12, 2016 2:49 PM  

See the dot, save a lot :P

Blogger Gaiseric April 12, 2016 2:49 PM  

It's funny how the invocation of the name McCarthy still causes such visceral fear. A smart person would recognize that that means he was doing something right and investigate.

And once you investigate, you realize that he was actually a relatively moderate, nice guy who happened to be not only right, but even understated.

The word I think she's really looking for there is probably Yezhovian.

Blogger Were-Puppy April 12, 2016 2:51 PM  

Let her enjoy her fainting couch while we continue working.

Anonymous DDT April 12, 2016 2:51 PM  

They’d be just as vicious if they had equivalent influence, as VD’s McCarthy-esque enemies list illustrates.

A: "We're going to target people for harassment if they don't agree with our crazy ideology!"

B: "We're going to compile a list of every one of you who targets people for harassment."

C: "OH GOD YOU BOTH ARE EQUIVALENT!"

C's the sort of person who hears about a person shooting someone in self defense and declares them both to be equally wrong because 'violence doesn't solve anything'. The fact that it was self-defense means nothing to them because all violence is scary.

Blogger Were-Puppy April 12, 2016 2:51 PM  

Damn, I thought anti-heroes were cool these days. Guess not.

Blogger CarpeOro April 12, 2016 2:53 PM  

Well, when your a special snowflake the SJWs leave you alone because of how special and virtuous you are. Until they don't. Then you find that those you sneered at for getting a bit of blood on their hands fighting the enemy are a little less inclined to extend their aid to what they correctly see as a weak sister and not an ally.

Blogger Nate April 12, 2016 2:53 PM  

there are people who are deeply offended by the SJW's inability to separate the professional from the political... and they simply cannot understand that outgrouping those people is not guilty of the same sin.

Anonymous Magister Ludi April 12, 2016 2:53 PM  

VD’s McCarthy-esque

It never seems to occur to these people that McCarthy was right about almost everything. . .

Blogger CarpeOro April 12, 2016 2:57 PM  

VFM #6306 wrote:It is not very smart to make your fence sitting public, however. SJWs hit soft targets like Joss Whedon and Jian Ghomeshi all the time. It is like sendin a very pretty flare to the easily dazzled SJW warren.

Those that sit on fences swiftly learn that the fall is a lot harder to the ground than it is when you have your feet firmly planted on the right side, and the recovery takes longer.

Anonymous Philalethes April 12, 2016 2:57 PM  

Yet another demonstration of why women should not be defense ministers. They just don't have the mind for it. "Can't we all just get along?" is all they've got.

Some of the comments are pretty good, though; some are getting it.

Blogger Phillip George April 12, 2016 2:58 PM  

Gays wouldn't just shut the f up. It was never about equality. It's control. Unless your their bakery slave, cake decorating slave, flower arranging slave....
Likewise you have pay for someone else's abortion. You have to live next the influx of international welfare shoppers.

SJW are just slave traders/ death merchandisers/ from baby body bits to IS organ harvest marketers.

There's no neutral. Do nothing is aiding and abetting.

Blogger Krul April 12, 2016 2:59 PM  

Instead, we must fight for the establishment of norms which allow peaceful coexistence and free association – and thus, against the authoritarian, universalizing tendencies within every cultural-ideological tribe – and for the possibility of pluralistic technical spaces with norms that protect the purpose they serve for technologists regardless of tribal affiliation, and resist being transformed into a no man’s land in between red and blue tribe trenches."


She should have just said "Can't we all just get along?" and saved herself some time.

Blogger Nate April 12, 2016 3:03 PM  

wouldn't a searchable database be easier than this wiki setup?

Anonymous BlueSwedeShoes April 12, 2016 3:03 PM  

Hoping to see multi lingual versions of sjwlist if it works out. Countries like Sweden are target rich environments to say the least.

Anonymous BGKB April 12, 2016 3:07 PM  

Goddamnit, Vox, why did you have to get the Lefties all worked up? They'd totally leave us alone if only we let bearded men into little girls bathrooms.

Anonymous Philalethes April 12, 2016 3:08 PM  

@7.  Gaiseric

It's funny how the invocation of the name McCarthy still causes such visceral fear.

Not to mention the name Hitler. He certainly wasn't a nice guy, but he certainly was a man of his times, and very little worse than many others. Maybe we need a version of Godwin's Law for McCarthy too. (I was there; I remember the atmosphere of fear during the "McCarthy Era". Learning 40 years later that he was right all along was a real Red Pill lesson.)

@9. DDT

C's the sort of person who hears about a person shooting someone in self defense and declares them both to be equally wrong because 'violence doesn't solve anything'. The fact that it was self-defense means nothing to them because all violence is scary.

In other words, a woman (whatever the genitalia – actually, it occurs to me that now we have a multitude of "genders", still all of them but one would fit this description). The 19th Amendment: The Gift That Keeps On Giving.

Blogger Salt April 12, 2016 3:09 PM  

You don't play the SJ tennis match with the rules of football.

Blogger Elocutioner April 12, 2016 3:10 PM  

"I disagree with what you say but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. Wait, why are you attacking me? But I prevented my side from using these tactics against you!?! Help! Who's left to help me!?"

Moderates will only defend to the death the rights of your enemies.

Blogger Alexander Thompson April 12, 2016 3:11 PM  

These people who complain that SJ tactics can't be turned around on the left are just like the Cruz people in Colorado. They have no problem turning around and using it to attack anyone on their right.

Blogger L. Jagi Lamplighter Wright April 12, 2016 3:11 PM  

KGB records apparently showed that McCarthy's list members were actually in the pay of the Communists and working for the destruction of America.

So I guess being compared to him puts you in good company.

Blogger tz April 12, 2016 3:15 PM  

ESR
Who will blacklist the blacklisters?
The author of Urbit was on a one person blacklist with a public demand to ban him,

Blogger tz April 12, 2016 3:18 PM  

Oh, the battery is disconnected. Let me fix it ... [loud bovine scream and lots of birds taking off].

Oh, didn't they know it was an electric fence. In this case solar powered and the sun just came out.

Anonymous kfg April 12, 2016 3:29 PM  

Dear Andrea,

Nice website you got there. Be a shame if anything should happen to it because you came under SJW attack and you never saw it coming, because, ya know, you didn't know who they were when they arrived.

Anonymous Toddy Cat April 12, 2016 3:33 PM  

"It's funny how the invocation of the name McCarthy still causes such visceral fear."

The reason of course being that almost all of the people McCarthy accused of being Communists were, at least according to the Venona Tapes, and his activities, and those of people like him, really did hurt the Communist cause badly. The KGB admits that their supply of agents dried up for almost twenty years due to "McCarthyism".

So yes, the left hates McCarthy and McCarthyism, because it worked. They haven't spent the last sixty years smearing this guy for nothing. When the enemy screams, it's because you hurt them. There's a lesson there.

Blogger Were-Puppy April 12, 2016 3:34 PM  

When the SJWs go after her, we'll had to add her foes to the list.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash April 12, 2016 3:37 PM  

Philalethes wrote:Maybe we need a version of Godwin's Law for McCarthy too. (I was there; I remember the atmosphere of fear during the "McCarthy Era". Learning 40 years later that he was right all along was a real Red Pill lesson.)

"Any effective effort to turn back progressivism will be called McCarthyism by people who have been ineffective at fighting progessivism."

Anonymous Cultural War Profiteer (Junior Grade) April 12, 2016 3:41 PM  

Ok, so what does it take to be a full-fledged Cultural War Profiteer? Can I just print up some cards and hack a website together? Do I have to sell anything? How about if I start a chain letter along the lines of "Make Cultural War Profits Fast!" and spam it across the world?

Anyway, I think Vox Day should add "Cultural War Profiteer" to his vitae.

Anonymous kfg April 12, 2016 3:48 PM  

"How about if I start a chain letter along the lines of "Make Cultural War Profits Fast!" and spam it across the world?"

Link it to a PayPal button and there ya go. When they respond and pay up, send them an email that instructs them to start a chain letter along the lines of "Make Cultural War Profits Fast!"

You'll find out who the real chumps are when you make your second offer.

Sell the list of them.

Blogger The Kurgan April 12, 2016 3:48 PM  

You might not shoot them, (we're talking metaphorically of course) but I will not hesitate to do so for a second if they get in the way. You wanna be a moderate do so far from my sight and especially away from my zone of operations. In many ways I think moderates are more toxic and deserving of fire than the SJWs. The morale costs alone they cause are huge. Scalp them first and scalp them often.

Blogger Emmett Fitz-Hume April 12, 2016 3:55 PM  

@29

Reminds me of the Godfather admonishing the man at his daughter's wedding, about respect, and how that man's enemies would be the Godfather's enemies.

One of my favorite movie scenes of all time.

Blogger lowercaseb April 12, 2016 4:02 PM  

what a damn shame. I liked them.

Blogger Marie April 12, 2016 4:02 PM  

"That's a good idea. How can I help?"

Said no moderate ever.

OpenID denektenorsk April 12, 2016 4:02 PM  

Those who say they do not play the game are playing a different sort of game.

To her original point: If you don't want a faceful of mustard gas don't lob it into my trench first. Our dear SJ friends have established the rules of the game. Now they cry foul when they are used against them. Boo Hoo.

Blogger Joshua Sinistar April 12, 2016 4:06 PM  

Apathy and tolerance are the last virtues of a dying society. Dese nutz do not seem to understand English which is why I speak the Universal Language of violence. I remember in my youth there were these bullies who would torment me for being different. Everyone told me to reason with them and try to be nice. We all know how that turned out don't me. But my wasted youth as a semi-comic book fanboy payed dividends when I saw an ad for Charles Atlas. It changed my entire life and outlook. A comic strip caimed that through exercise and strength training I could use the Universal Language of violence to solve this problem and in addition win the adoration of the public and attract women. Sounded reasonable to me. I spent High School as the toughest guy in school and was elected class president. All thanks to Charles Atlas.

Anonymous Scintan April 12, 2016 4:07 PM  

Lately the use of mobbing and ostracism tactics by SJ advocates has been a matter of much concern for me and for this blog. However, we must make it clear that our interest is in opposing these tactics and the mentality of total cultural war they arise from, rather than siding with the opposing tribe. They’d be just as vicious if they had equivalent influence, as VD’s McCarthy-esque enemies list illustrates.

This is, essentially, just a socio-political equivalent of the people who run around insisting that "just not, lest ye be judged" actually means that you can't judge anyone. The woman is a fool, and there's no sense trying to bring her to understanding.

Blogger VFM #7634 April 12, 2016 4:09 PM  

Hoping to see multi lingual versions of sjwlist if it works out. Countries like Sweden are target rich environments to say the least.

@18 BlueSwedeShoes
Perhaps for larger languages like French, Spanish, Portuguese, and German. I think we should have Scandinavian SJWs on the current English-language list simply because of its international nature. (For example, say, if a Swedish SJW tries to infiltrate a Danish company.)

Anonymous Gen. Kong April 12, 2016 4:09 PM  

Gaiseric:
It's funny how the invocation of the name McCarthy still causes such visceral fear. A smart person would recognize that that means he was doing something right and investigate.

Joseph McCarthy wasn't nearly hard enough on them. Decades after the Lügenpresse and its Gay-Old-Pedo allies engineered his demise it turned out that the USSR had infiltrated the government far more thoroughly than even he suspected. Folks forget that McCarthy was destroyed. After he was disposed of, even membership in the CPUSA was no bar to employment at the Pentagon (by the Nixon administration at latest). The government - including the military, the NSA, etc. - is completely converged. Nothing that couldn't be fixed by Tsar-Bomba detonation over Sodom-on-Potomac of course, except that one locale wouldn't be enough on its own. (Tsar-Bomba is a thing of the past too).

Anonymous FenceSitter April 12, 2016 4:11 PM  

That is not fence sitting, that is a definite opinion.
They think that you are as bad as the SJWs. That might be accurate.
Just see if all the things you ascribed to SJWs also applies to you:
1. Do you project? (check)
2. Do you try to get people fired? (check)
etc.

Blogger Rantor April 12, 2016 4:15 PM  

7 & 24 beat me to it, but being called McCarthy-esque is being called a thorough researcher who only accused communist agents of being communist agents. We should likewise be thorough and only call real SJWs, SJWs. In honest service to society the Ilk can take great pride.

Anonymous a_peraspera April 12, 2016 4:16 PM  

But "being the better person" and "Not sinking to their level" has worked so well for the last fifty years! Why change anything now?

Blogger Marie April 12, 2016 4:17 PM  

@ 42

"They think that you are as bad as the SJWs. That might be accurate."

Well, why don't you go find out? Hop off that fence and go play with the SJWs. See what happens.

Blogger YIH April 12, 2016 4:21 PM  

Toddy Cat:
When you find out what ethnicity were the vast majority of those he targeted you'll understand why Joe McCarthy continued to be vilified for decades after his death by the media.

Anonymous Scintan April 12, 2016 4:23 PM  

But "being the better person" and "Not sinking to their level" has worked so well for the last fifty years! Why change anything now?

Those two ideas are great, within certain carefully and sharply delineated boundaries. They're ridiculous outside of that.

Anonymous kfg April 12, 2016 4:23 PM  

"Hop off that fence and go play with the SJWs."

Just be sure to wear body armour. On the plus side, you'll only need it for your back.

Anonymous DDT April 12, 2016 4:24 PM  

Well, why don't you go find out? Hop off that fence and go play with the SJWs.

Fencesitters only sit on the fence as long as they're allowed to. All you have to do is threaten them and they pick a side, quickly - usually the side of the person threatening them and the most likely to follow through with the threat.

SJWs have figured that out. So has the alt right recently, which is why the whole 'cuck' slur freaked so many out. The people who loved being considered 'moderate' didn't appreciate the change in imagery.

Blogger newanubis April 12, 2016 4:25 PM  

Though vindication will be ours in the end, does it really require an harangue to deliver the message? Just read the damn writing on the wall.

Much better to deal with theimplacable judgementals than the vacillating indicriminants.

Anonymous Scintan April 12, 2016 4:26 PM  

That is not fence sitting, that is a definite opinion.
They think that you are as bad as the SJWs. That might be accurate.
Just see if all the things you ascribed to SJWs also applies to you:
1. Do you project? (check)
2. Do you try to get people fired? (check)
etc.


Don't be an idiot. There's a world of difference between the person who sucker punches someone, and the person who retaliates when sucker punched.

Anonymous Bouncer April 12, 2016 4:36 PM  

What happened to this place?
VD has allowed troglodytes like Scintan in, and its all down hill for logic.
Polesitter claims that VD projects like a SJW, so Scintan thinks that is like counter punching. WTF? Does that even make sense to Scintan?

Blogger Cataline Sergius April 12, 2016 4:38 PM  

Honestly, I think the conservatives are complaining about this more than the SJWs.

The SJWs are delighted to be subjected to any form of persecution at all. They are convinced it will raise their status within their tribe.

They crave the martyr's crown...provided there are no thorns involved.

Of course if any of them get turned down for a job over the list, that will be something else entirely. The shrieking will be for real then.

And frankly it's possible. The first thing any HR department does now is Google an applicant. If our list pops up on the search, the application "will be kept on file." HR does not take chances with strangers.

Blogger Nate April 12, 2016 4:39 PM  

"VD has allowed troglodytes like Scintan in, and its all down hill for logic."

Scintan has been banging here for more than ten fucking years.

Who the fuck are you?

Blogger Young Heaving Bosoms of Liberty April 12, 2016 4:40 PM  

Scintan wrote:This is, essentially, just a socio-political equivalent of the people who run around insisting that "just not, lest ye be judged" actually means that you can't judge anyone. The woman is a fool, and there's no sense trying to bring her to understanding.

Amen.

Blogger James Dixon April 12, 2016 4:41 PM  

> Don't be an idiot.

He can't help it, Scintan. He's an idiot.

Blogger Young Heaving Bosoms of Liberty April 12, 2016 4:41 PM  

Bouncer wrote:What happened to this place?

VD has allowed troglodytes like Scintan in, and its all down hill for logic.

Polesitter claims that VD projects like a SJW, so Scintan thinks that is like counter punching. WTF? Does that even make sense to Scintan?


Your failure to understand Scintan is not his problem.

Blogger lowercaseb April 12, 2016 4:43 PM  

The trouble with fencesitting is that both sides fire at you. You can complain bitterly and take a bullet, or you pick a side and take cover.

Blogger Cataline Sergius April 12, 2016 4:44 PM  

The thing that pisses me off about rightwingers pissing and moaning about Blacklists is that they are swallowing whole the left wing narrative of the Hollywood Ten.

They are insisting on using the left's paradigm instead of rejecting it.

If you accept your opponents paradigm. You've lost the debate.

The quickest way to lose a battle is to let the enemy decide where the battlefield will be.

That's what makes the Cucks so damn useless. They always let the SJWs frame the debate.

Anonymous FenceSitter April 12, 2016 4:55 PM  

@52
I think you're having comprehension issues: counter punching is not the same as punching first. However, someone who dislikes both the puncher and the counterpuncher isn't fence sitting. They dislike both of them.

I am not saying VD is just like a SJW, I am saying that claiming VD is a SJW is not fence sitting.

Anonymous Jill April 12, 2016 4:57 PM  

McCarthysim actually has a working definition. I'm not sure making a reference list for potential employers or organizations, with linked citations, applies. But then, many use the term "unfair" when describing McCarthyesque allegations and "unfair" can mean just about anything in some people's minds. If you are an SJW, either your causes are worth standing for, or they're not. Either an employer or organization will be proud to have you as a member, or they won't. I don't understand this shilly-shallying around with causes worth fighting for.

Blogger Unknown April 12, 2016 5:01 PM  

#60 Not just frame the debate, but also decide the time and place of the engagement. Also known as the initiative. SJWs are always able to get inside the OODA loop of the Cucks, because the Cucks cannot conceive a person so "evil" as to desire the utter destruction of their enemies.

Blogger Marie April 12, 2016 5:06 PM  

@ 50 DDT

"Fencesitters only sit on the fence as long as they're allowed to. All you have to do is threaten them and they pick a side, quickly - usually the side of the person threatening them and the most likely to follow through with the threat."

Hmmmm, interesting point. That must be why I am so terrible at shutting them down. Nothing else works?

If that's the case, I'll just work on minimizing (or eliminating) their presence when certain discussions come up. Threatening isn't really my style.

"which is why the whole 'cuck' slur freaked so many out. The people who loved being considered 'moderate' didn't appreciate the change in imagery."

It has been an education to watch that unfold.
I've never seen so many mild-mannered men get ticked off by the same insult before.

Blogger SirHamster April 12, 2016 5:10 PM  

Cataline Sergius wrote:

The SJWs are delighted to be subjected to any form of persecution at all. They are convinced it will raise their status within their tribe.

They crave the martyr's crown...provided there are no thorns involved.



Case study: Violet begging to get onto the list in the VP blogpost announcing it.

Blogger Pseudotsuga April 12, 2016 5:13 PM  

The fence-sitters want to be thought of as nice people. They want confirmation by other that they are nice people. But that means they aren't really on the fence at all. They are pushed one direction or the other by that virtue-signaling.
I have realized for a few years now that sitting on the fence isn't helping the things I think are right-- the left will never let up nor accept that position. If they aren't willing to leave me alone, then I am much better off allying with people who actually have my back, rather that those balancing virtuously on the fence, searching for the middle path.

Blogger Mike Farnsworth April 12, 2016 5:16 PM  

@61 FenceSitter

You are trying to split hairs, and your contortions aren't at all convincing. You can dislike SJWs and also dislike Vox Day, and still recognize that someone who got attacked (and is helping others who also get attacked) has every moral right to insist on appropriate consequences for those who started it. That's how you teach a bully to stop, after all.

This isn't a blacklist. This is just breaking out flashlights and shining it on the cockroaches. That you dislike the guys holding the flashlights doesn't make the cockroaches any less disgusting.

Blogger pyrrhus April 12, 2016 5:17 PM  

@47 Yes, notoriously, the membership of the American Eskimo Committee and such organizations strongly overlapped membership in the Communist Party in the 20s and thereafter…..

Blogger pyrrhus April 12, 2016 5:18 PM  

The Fence Sitters are hoping that they will be sent to the Gulag last, but that hope is usually in vain….

Anonymous Wooly Phlox April 12, 2016 5:21 PM  

Words can't express how much I love this site, and it's commenters.

I'm actually incredulous about Google allowing it to exist on it's platform.

They must not be aware that this site exists. Good.

Blogger Student in Blue April 12, 2016 5:22 PM  

They dislike both of them.

Hence, why they're on the fence.

Blogger Reallynewguy April 12, 2016 5:27 PM  

This person is obviously a moderate "even-handed" person. " See, you're basically both the same!" Um no we aren't.

Anonymous Bowman April 12, 2016 5:33 PM  

@9

Yes. Rejection of self defense is why Western world is dying.

Blogger SteelPalm April 12, 2016 5:33 PM  

I hate it when people consistently equate two sides in a conflict. Any conflict. It's such a childish, stupid worldview.

In nature, almost NOTHING is equal. Even the number of male babies versus female babies isn't exactly the same. (Males are born at a rate of 51-52%)

Equating two sides in any conflict is intellectually lazy and frequently complicit with evil.

And yes, ignoring the culture war and the problems of the world was viable in 2006. But nowadays? Not so much.

Blogger Reallynewguy April 12, 2016 5:38 PM  

Moderate means coward.

Blogger Reallynewguy April 12, 2016 5:39 PM  

And they call Nationalists "leftists!"

Anonymous Philalethes April 12, 2016 5:40 PM  

Remember in grammar school, how Miss Wormwood would always make both participants in a fight sit facing the wall (or whatever other punishment she favored), refusing to consider who started the fight? It's the same lazy, incompetent psychology. The female mind, overwhelmed by her own discomfort with discord, is too emotionally upset to think constructively about the situation. They're like children, and just as useless in a difficult situation – like for instance the baby who starts crying when the family is trying to hide from an enemy raid.

The author of the linked blog has been told all her life that her opinion is valuable simply because she's a woman, regardless of whether it's relevant or useful. These days, of course, no man in public life can afford to tell her the truth (19th Amendment again). (Her name, btw, is a feminized version of the Greek Andreas – name of Christ's first disciple – which originally meant "manly virtue" or "courage". I think this feminization is a fairly recent coinage, perhaps only in English. The Italian Andrea is actually the masculine name direct from Greek, with the final -s elided.)

Hysteria (see etymology) is simply not an effective defense strategy.

Blogger SirHamster April 12, 2016 5:41 PM  

SteelPalm wrote:I hate it when people consistently equate two sides in a conflict. Any conflict. It's such a childish, stupid worldview.



Just like "seems" IDs the gamma, "Both sides are the same" IDs the moderate.

If they're equal, then clearly no sides need to be taken. Pox on both their houses and so on.

Intellectual shortcut to moral preening - because the moderate is above being biased between equally wrong/right sides.

Blogger Marie April 12, 2016 5:41 PM  

@74

"Equating two sides in any conflict is intellectually lazy and frequently complicit with evil."

Blame the public school. Peer-to-Peer counseling.

Any fight or conflict between students was referred to the Peer-to-peer counselors which meant you had to sit in a room, talk about the problems and why it happen and come up with a compromise. Everything was a compromise. Didn't matter what happened. No one was considered fully right or wrong.

The student counselors were insufferable. Very self-righteous. Almost universally hated.

Most students learned to hide their arguments or lied and said they were resolved. Telling a student counselor anything would get you blacklisted on the playground.

Anonymous Bz April 12, 2016 5:48 PM  

As so many have said above, well, McCarthy was right.

However, I think it would be more correct to say SJWlist is a more moderate and less slanderous version of the SPLC, which still appears to be quite respected in America. Except SJWlist is pointed in the other direction. Moderates should thus have no great trouble with SJWlist.

Anonymous Bowman April 12, 2016 5:49 PM  

@Fence sitter

"Trying to get someone fired" is not the same as :
"Ostracizing one that tried to get someone fired"

The same way "killing someone" is not the same as : "killing someone who tried to kill you".

Denying that is crazy. Or incredibly stupid.

Anonymous Jill April 12, 2016 5:49 PM  

Having read the article linked to, I'm stunned by its myriad of ironies. Very postmodern. Not even post-post modern. Too ironic by half. A pluralist with utopianist tendencies who believes in free-association but not tribalism. But at least she wants to fight for established norms. What established norms? What are those? What does any of that even mean?

Anonymous SaltyDonnie April 12, 2016 5:54 PM  

77.

Our High School called self-defense "escalation", as in, "the bully that punched you was obviously doing a bad thing, but YOU, oh you, you went and "escalated it" into a full on brawl".

They wanted you to rat, so they could ignore you. After all, a little bullying was normal, and nothing to get excited about. But a FIGHT, oh man, now they have to get off their asses and do their job, so everyone's getting disciplined.

Blogger SirHamster April 12, 2016 5:59 PM  

Bowman wrote:

"Trying to get someone fired" is not the same as :

"Ostracizing one that tried to get someone fired"


It's not even ostracizing them. We're bestowing great honor upon these SJWs by acknowledging their Public and Great Work for Social Justice.

When hostile witnesses concede it as fact, what better testimony is there of their SJW virtue?

Anonymous Greg April 12, 2016 6:24 PM  

Looks like a new Kickstarter appeared with a similar goal:

Wave Goodbye to Cyberbullies and Trolls: SocialAutopsy.com
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1968200734/wave-goodbye-to-cyberbullies-and-trolls-socialauto (http://archive.is/fuNst)

Blogger VD April 12, 2016 6:30 PM  

They must not be aware that this site exists.

They are. I've even talked to them several times about improving the comment system. As I said, they're too smart to piss off more than half their market.

Anonymous tublecane April 12, 2016 6:35 PM  

That prose you quote is atrocious.

Blogger praetorian April 12, 2016 6:37 PM  

> Scintan in
> down hill for logic

And into the trash it goes...

Blogger praetorian April 12, 2016 6:42 PM  

Sometimes the world calls for metallicanian ethics.

It's ugly, but here we are.

Blogger Cynic In Chief April 12, 2016 6:57 PM  

@80 In a way we're being quite charitable to the SJWs. The list contains no personal information, just facts about what they have done and what they have advocated for. We've cleansed out slurs and smears and keep it fairly clean. Like the nationalists vs the ultra-nationalists, if you censor this beware what comes afterwards.

Blogger SciVo April 12, 2016 6:59 PM  

Greg wrote:Looks like a new Kickstarter appeared with a similar goal:

Wave Goodbye to Cyberbullies and Trolls: SocialAutopsy.com

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1968200734/wave-goodbye-to-cyberbullies-and-trolls-socialauto (http://archive.is/fuNst)


No, it's precisely the opposite. They're bringing thought-policing into the era of mobile apps, trying make it easier for someone to look up if you ever disagreed with a progressive ("bullying") or said anything politically incorrect ("awful, nasty comments online ... (i.e, homophobia, racism, etc)").

Their goal is to facilitate the witch hunts that we're documenting. They are the enemy.

Thus far we have worked to collect data and create about 22,000 profiles from individuals that are surprising all over the employment spectrum (doctors, teachers, lawyers, you name it).

With your backing, we can take a break and go shopping, because we are women and that would be fun for us.

Just kidding.

With your backing, we can expand our team of web analysts in order to create profiles at a faster rate, as our goal is to launch the database at 150,000 profiles.

Blogger Austin Ballast April 12, 2016 7:03 PM  

Google could be extremely evil if they wished to be, but the extreme backlash that would almost certainly result hopefully keeps them in check.

Time will tell.

Anonymous FrankNorman April 12, 2016 7:05 PM  

This sounds like she's more interested in moral posturing than in dealing with a real problem.

Blogger Aeoli Pera April 12, 2016 7:25 PM  

I'm going to set up a Google alert for "McCarthy". Uncanny :-P.

Blogger clk April 12, 2016 8:00 PM  

"I hate these filthy Neutrals, Kif. With enemies you know where they stand but with neutrals uou never know."

"What makes a good man go neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?"

Blogger Moor April 12, 2016 8:57 PM  

This simple maxim cannot be internalized quickly enough or employed sharply enough:

"It's not 'whether', but 'which'."

As in the present case, it is not whether one will be involved in the fight with SJWs, as if one can be above the fray. The only question is which side one will be on.

The only redeeming legacy of the postmodern era will be the fact that it killed the ridiculous concept of personal objectivity.

Blogger Were-Puppy April 13, 2016 12:21 AM  

@43 FenceSitter
That is not fence sitting, that is a definite opinion.
They think that you are as bad as the SJWs. That might be accurate.
Just see if all the things you ascribed to SJWs also applies to you:
1. Do you project? (check)
2. Do you try to get people fired? (check)
etc.
---
3. Do we not give a S***? (check)

Blogger Were-Puppy April 13, 2016 12:25 AM  

@54 Cataline Sergius

Of course if any of them get turned down for a job over the list, that will be something else entirely. The shrieking will be for real then.
---

This is suppose to help them get a job


And frankly it's possible. The first thing any HR department does now is Google an applicant. If our list pops up on the search, the application "will be kept on file." HR does not take chances with strangers.
---

HR departments love SJWs! They spend most of their time dealing with, and emulating SJWs!

Blogger weka April 13, 2016 12:40 AM  

"What makes a good man go neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?"

No morals.
No money, leading to no morals.
No courage.

They want us gelded and dependent, celebrating the daily ten minutes of hate.

Let us not be the steers they want. Let us aim to misbehave.

Blogger Aeoli Pera April 13, 2016 3:17 AM  

Nate wrote:wouldn't a searchable database be easier than this wiki setup?

The original idea was to have many contributors. That got out of hand quicker than I'd have guessed.

The important thing is to build up the list. Transferring it to a searchable database will be a trivial extension. Until then, you can search "Name site:sjwlist.com".

Blogger Tom K. April 13, 2016 10:58 AM  

I think that's racist!

Point and Shriek! Point and Shriek!

Blogger Tom K. April 13, 2016 11:04 AM  

Everything they do is normal living. Every response we make is provocation.

Blogger Tom K. April 13, 2016 11:05 AM  

There are still only two genders:

Men

And everyone else.

Blogger Akulkis April 13, 2016 1:18 PM  

@60 Cateline

Uh, you do realize that the left STILL WHINES DAY IN AND DAY OUT ABOUT "McCARTHYISM" IS PRECISELY BECAUSE THE BLACKLISTS WORKED SO WELL THAT IT STILL TERRIFIES THEM TO THIS VERY MOMENT.

The Left ONLY complains about a tactic, technique or procedure being "unfair' when THEY, and THEY ALONE are being harmed by it.

The more they scream McCarthyism, the MORE WE SHOULD ENGAGE IN WHATEVER PROVOKES IT.

Blogger Akulkis April 13, 2016 1:19 PM  

@61

"I am not saying VD is just like a SJW, I am saying that claiming VD is a SJW is not fence sitting."

Dude, are you an idiot, or do you just play one on the Internet?

Blogger JaimeInTexas April 13, 2016 8:36 PM  

Is the admin email address at sjwlist.com correct? Earlier today I clicked the link but the email bounced back ad undeliverable.

Anonymous FenceSitter April 14, 2016 10:00 AM  

@105 Askulkiss
Listen asswipe, if you have a point then make it.
Otherwise go back to wrapping your lips around Beale's junk

Blogger Akulkis April 14, 2016 3:32 PM  

OIC

Must.... not.....ask





.....embarassing......









....questions.



Whatever, toadstool.

Anonymous FenceSitter April 14, 2016 3:34 PM  

@018 Asskiss
I see you are choking on something that is deep down your throat so you can't talk. Just let me know when you are done.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts