ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2016 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Disavowing #NeverTrump

Ace of Spades wonders if #NeverTrump "conservatives" were always just Democrats all along:
Please explain to me the continuing hardcore commitment to #NeverTrump.

Is it...

1. Disliking the fact that the Upper Middle College Educated Class controlled the party for decades, and made a sport of ignoring the Working Class, but now the Working Class has reasserted itself and taken over and the members of the displaced Upper Middle College Educated Class just can't stand not being in a poll position any longer?

2. Showing off to one's liberal comrades that one isn't One Of That Kind of Conservative? That is, Virtue Signalling?

3. Attempting to save one's professional reputation? I get this one myself -- someone asked me why I was so anti-Trump, and I said the man was so vulgar, stupid, and crass that he made it necessary to oppose him simply to preserve one's professional standing.

So I get that idea. I get that idea an awful lot.

But we happen to be talking about the Republic at this point.

One of two people will be president in January -- Hillary Rodham Clinton, a sociopath who was a corrupt politician even before she entered politics (remember Whitewater? Her $100,000 cattles future trading) or Donald Trump.

What is the fear, here? That Donald Trump might be nearly as bad as Hillary Clinton certainly will be?

Name one issue on which Hillary Clinton is superior to Trump. The most I ever here is "We don't know what Trump will do, he could be just as bad as Hillary."

Oh? He could be that bad?

Look, Drew asked a while ago: What makes obviously liberal-cultural-values Republicans actually Republicans, apart from habit?

Maybe it's time for the great re-sorting to begin. It's time for actual Democrats, who are most comfortable with Democrats, and feel the most affinity for Democrats, to make their party allegiance official and simply declare for Hillary Clinton and join the Democratic Party.... all around me I see people who are far too over-proud of their Upper Middle Class Background willing to elect Hillary Clinton just to prove they graduated (or at least attended) college.
No one who votes for Hillary Clinton - or who voted for Barack Obama - can reasonably call themselves "conservative". What, precisely, do you think you are conserving?

Labels:

140 Comments:

Blogger Rye Bread May 26, 2016 1:39 PM  

At this point nobody should think that the average "conservative" has any principles that they stick too. They are motivated by fear, yet dress it up in high moral language.

Right now they fear the loss of comfort and status should they buck the current cultural trend. If we can change that dynamic I expect they will quickly fall in line.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan May 26, 2016 1:40 PM  

Virtue signaling a habit of the insecure, a weakness I hear

Anonymous 11B May 26, 2016 1:40 PM  

Just as David Frum drummed out the paleoconservatives for not supporting the Iraq War, these nevertrumpers should be discarded as well.

Anonymous Broken Arrow May 26, 2016 1:44 PM  

"now the Working Class has reasserted itself and taken over and the members of the displaced Upper Middle College Educated Class just can't stand not being in a poll position any longer?"

The Gammas/Cucks spent decades rising to power and purging anyone of fortitude from the party. How do all of the Gammas rise to the highest level in a political party in a nation of millions? Methodical hard work and creating rules and power structures which drive out men like Trump.

Now here comes the popular kid who dates the prom queen and is loaded to boot. It's like a high school nightmare all over in which after spending months convincing all of the rest of the students they are the smartest and should run the student council a guy with a Porsche pulls up with a girl under each arm and everyone starts to follow him.

That the world works like this fills them with unquenchable rage as they should be selected king, not that blonde guy with a Porsche and a hot girlfriend.

Blogger J Van Stry May 26, 2016 1:44 PM  

Yeah, I don't get these 'so-called' conservatives who are so hot to back Hillary or who say she will be better than Trump either.

Me? I was on her enemies list when Bill was in office. That sucked. Royally. If she gets elected my only hope is that she lost that list. Otherwise I may just have to leave the country.
Having the IRS up your butt, and being followed around by BATF agents (yes, I asked to see ID) because you helped start a group to protest her and her hubby really sucks.

Blogger g wood May 26, 2016 1:48 PM  

What, precisely, do you think you are conserving?
Bombing Israel's enemies.

Blogger lowercaseb May 26, 2016 1:51 PM  

J Van Stry wrote:Having the IRS up your butt, and being followed around by BATF agents (yes, I asked to see ID) because you helped start a group to protest her and her hubby really sucks.

Exactly...if Hillary wins, imagine a future filled with Ruby Ridges.

Anonymous Culture Heretic May 26, 2016 1:52 PM  

They're false opposition, and Trump's success has forced them out in the open.

Article related:

Principled Losers

Blogger Blume May 26, 2016 1:53 PM  

Ya, I am not really conservative. I am anti-interventionist. The extent I am willing to spill my neighbors blood for the ungrateful masses of the world is zero.

Blogger Gaiseric May 26, 2016 1:56 PM  

Blume wrote:Ya, I am not really conservative. I am anti-interventionist. The extent I am willing to spill my neighbors blood for the ungrateful masses of the world is zero.
I consider myself a restorationist, not a conservative. There's little about where we've ended up that I care to conserve. I want to restore to us that which has been taken away.

Anonymous Blue Manticore May 26, 2016 1:56 PM  

what, precisely, do you think you're conserving

Well I wouldn't support #NeverTrump but if I might hazard a guess: since WW2 Eugenics, that Leftist favourite, has been largely driven out of mainstream discourse. In fact it's interesting to note how those who gladly champion the denial of free will, the soul and that, who cheer at being told 'we're all just biological machines' still react with hostility to 'we're all just biological machines and btw white machines are better than black machines'.

The Alt. Right though with its 'Because: DNA' and 'Genetics = Destiny' bylines serve as another way of furthering the growth of this scientific materialism on popular culture. If voting Trump gives these sections of Alt. Right increased power then that at least is one reason it should be avoided*

*At which point someone punches back with the obvious point about only a fraction of Trump supporters having those views + the obligatory Hillary/Planned Parenthood joke.

Anonymous VFM #6306 May 26, 2016 2:00 PM  

When it comes to America, I am a serial killer with a heart of gold. So I will preserve the corpse and take real good care of her afterward.

Blogger VFM #7634 May 26, 2016 2:00 PM  

My impression of NeverTrumpers is that they're sour, emotional, resentful Gamma males. I troll them in the comboxes telling them that Hillary is their natural candidate anyway because of all their Democrat positions, and they totally flip out like a triggered SJW.

Anonymous karsten May 26, 2016 2:00 PM  

"What, precisely, do you think you are conserving?
Bombing Israel's enemies."


This is it. That's all there is to it.

Most analyses of the NeverTrumpers overcomplicate the matter.

The bottom line is, NeverTrump consists of just three kinds of people:

1. Israel-firster Judeocons who are single-issue voters ("Is it good for the Jews?") and who find Trump insufficiently willing to bomb the rest of the Middle East into glass to make way for "Greater Israel" (and to put the screws to insufficently-Jew-beholden heads of state such as Putin along the way). I.e., neocons.

2. People who are in the pay of the former. I.e., cucks on the take.

3. "Christian Zionist" dupes. I.e., cucks on the Kool-Aid.

Blogger VFM #7634 May 26, 2016 2:00 PM  

They also really, really hate being called "cucks".

Blogger CM May 26, 2016 2:09 PM  

I have come to the conclusion they are conserving "conservative".

It most certainly isn't the constitution when they think tariffs, secure borders, and limited immigration aren't conservative.

If they were LP, I'd get it, because those positions actually do require fed gov involvement. Some argue they are federalist, but I don't buy that either... Federalists didn't need eloquent apologies for border control when their borders were relatively sound without technology.

They claim high-falutin' words to describe an ideology that doesn't fit their chosen term.

Blogger Nick S May 26, 2016 2:09 PM  

Trump's a gamble with long odds and a big payout if he performs. That's where I've decided to place my bet. Still, he could turn out to be the world's greatest SJW entryist of all time. There are a plethora of red flags. Some of you people need to take a break from self-help resources. The psychobabble is getting monotonous.

Blogger Aaron Swenson May 26, 2016 2:11 PM  

lowercaseb wrote:J Van Stry wrote:Having the IRS up your butt, and being followed around by BATF agents (yes, I asked to see ID) because you helped start a group to protest her and her hubby really sucks.

Exactly...if Hillary wins, imagine a future filled with Ruby Ridges.


As well as OKC bombings...

Blogger Ron Winkleheimer May 26, 2016 2:11 PM  

I see a lot of posts that straight out say that nominating Trump proves that the left was correct in their beliefs concerning the Republican party. From supposed Republicans.

And it is very very very important not to be perceived as a bad person by people on the left. For some reason.

Anonymous Thales May 26, 2016 2:18 PM  

"We don't know what Trump will do, he could be just as bad as Hillary."

Nonsense. Hillary will usher in Warren Court 2.0, guaranteed.

Meanwhile, Trump has a respectable list of justices he would consider.

That alone should settle the issue for anyone actually on the right.

Blogger dc.sunsets May 26, 2016 2:19 PM  

I don't get it.

I'm the polar opposite of this oft-repeated claim that only angry, uneducated, poor white dudes favor Trump... and I voted for him in the primary. [Er, well, I AM angry, I AM white and I AM a man,...but otherwise, polar opposite.]

Will someone just stop...stop...claiming that the Trump Phenomenon is a one-off for angry, uneducated, unsuccessful white dudes? Every iteration of that lie makes those who utter it look completely clueless.

Oh, yeah. Why should they stop now?

Blogger Salt May 26, 2016 2:19 PM  

What, precisely, do you think you are conserving?

Their status.

OpenID crash May 26, 2016 2:20 PM  

Speaking as a #NeverTrump

My reason is simple, I don't believe he will do a damn thing about immigration. When I see Trump I see the dog that somehow caught a car and has no idea what to do with it. Now he has caught an issue that is incredibly important and just has gone full real estate guy/con man on people who are desperate to see this fixed.

Blogger dc.sunsets May 26, 2016 2:22 PM  

Hillary Clinton is, more than anyone other than increasingly senile John McCain, likeliest to stumble through sheer arrogance and idiocy into a war with Russia or China.

That, ALONE, disqualifies her in the eyes of any person who gives one thought to the lives of uncountable human beings.

Trump wins on Immigration.
He doubles his win on promising a less belligerent, America-First foreign policy.

The Time of the Globalist Cabal is OVER.

Blogger dc.sunsets May 26, 2016 2:24 PM  

@23, all candidates lie. Our history is professional politicians lying their butts off to obtain office. Grant you that.

But unless your plan is to destroy the village to save it, giving the benefit of the doubt to someone who at least TALKS THE TALK strikes me as wiser than acquiescing to those who are doubling down on calamity.

Or do you see a Choice C the rest of us are blind to?

Blogger Salt May 26, 2016 2:24 PM  

crash wrote:My reason is simple, I don't believe he will do a damn thing about immigration.

Then Hillary it shall be. Enjoy.

Anonymous Eduardo May 26, 2016 2:25 PM  

Thales

Ben Shapiro would probably expect six months of perfect conservative behavior before joining Trump. I know it is Ben Shapiro... And no, I am basically quoting the man.

It will take some time for the rest of the right to soften up to the man, and Hillary's campaign and policies will help out big time. I think Reed said that he had to vote Trump because the other choice is the worst of all.

Anonymous karsten May 26, 2016 2:27 PM  

"Speaking as a #NeverTrump

My reason is simple, I don't believe he will do a damn thing about immigration"


His doing "nothing" would STILL be better than Clinton, who promises to push Amnesty in her first 100 days.

In fact, an actual corpse-president who literally did nothing on anything would be better than Clinton.

Blogger dc.sunsets May 26, 2016 2:28 PM  

I want to restore to us that which has been taken away.

Ironically, the Leftist News (or do I repeat myself) in the UK agrees: Like me, they want to restore America to Mayberry, RFD and the Dick Van Dyke Show...only they're just too blind/stupid to realize it.

http://www.unz.com/isteve/guardian-americas-future-is-boulder-colorado/

Anonymous kfg May 26, 2016 2:29 PM  

Other than a union that no longer wished to be united, what has the Republican party ever conserved?

Anonymous karsten May 26, 2016 2:30 PM  

"Ben Shapiro would probably expect six months of perfect conservative behavior before joining Trump."

Rubbish. All Shapiro wants is for Trump to turn (((neocon))) on foreign policy. That's literally it -- like all his kind.

If Trump were an Israel-firster, Shapiro would be engineer of the Trump Train.

In fact, in the past Shapiro DID say positive things about Trump, which ended at the precise moment that Trump's sane, America-first foreign policy predilections emerged.

Blogger praetorian May 26, 2016 2:34 PM  

My reason is simple, I don't believe he will do a damn thing about immigration.

It is always worth bearing in mind that people this retarded are allowed to vote.

Anonymous Philalethes May 26, 2016 2:36 PM  

One of two people will be president in January -- Hillary Rodham Clinton ... or Donald Trump.

I've been wondering about this. There is an alternative scenario. Why hasn't Hillary been indicted? All the necessary evidence is in hand, and the Dems know she's not a good bet against Trump.

So how about this: Wait until Trump has the GOP nomination sewn up (see previous thread), in fact wait until after the GOP convention, so the party cannot possibly replace him with another candidate.

Then move Hillary off the stage (indictment, poor health, whatever) and replace her with a standard, "moderate", reliable (to the Establishment), inoffensive "liberal" candidate – the biggest problem the Left has is that both Hillary and Bernie are intolerable to large segments of their constituency – and watch all the Democrats, Liberals, SJWs, Churchians, and Cuckservatives (and, btw, all the women who supposedly have such problems with Trump) heave a huge sigh of relief and rally around him.

I'm very much afraid that only a cascade of immigrant atrocities, plus a few from La Raza and BLM, could scare/awaken enough of the Sleeping Masses to give Trump a fighting chance in this scenario. See Ann Coulter: Fantasy Baseball, Beltway Style.

Anonymous Eduardo May 26, 2016 2:37 PM  

Karsten

Well, but you can still pull Shaliro's leg if Trump does a perfect conservative run. I mean, it is on record he said that!

That being said, he obviously hates the man. I don't really believe he will flip his opinion at all, most because he will just cook an excuse that Trump was showing signs of this and that, and that is a sign of weakness, or a sign of his Liberal past. I mean anyone can do that to excuse themselves.

I mean, he is truly the littlest chickenhawk hehehe (he looks like a teenager actually!)

Anonymous Bobby Farr May 26, 2016 2:41 PM  

The class issue is a red herring. Trump was generally winning the upper middle class although by a smaller margin. As others have noted, #NeverTrump are largely (1) political insiders and (2) foreigners. They are looking to paper their nests, ingratiate themselves with leftist controlled institutions, continue foreign wars and avoid any nativist policies, which would relegate them to their proper place on the fringes of American society.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan May 26, 2016 2:45 PM  

I thought neverTrump most likely virtue signaling for those whose coinage is respect as minted by the left

Blogger Ron May 26, 2016 2:45 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Anonymous Eduardo May 26, 2016 2:51 PM  

Mantra

Actually I think the #NeverTrump is a bit of two things. The Republican party is trying to still be relevant on the grand scheme of things. But at the same time, they want maintain certain principles, principles they deem Conservative.

Trump doesn't fit that model, so it can't be Trump .... NEVER!

Anonymous Bellator Mortalis May 26, 2016 2:53 PM  

From LoTR: the city contains the GOPe, the mainstream Republicans, and the "conservatives". The orcs are the left - the SJWs, the BLM, La Raza, and all the other "identity groups", and the globalists. The riders of Rohan are the forces of Trump, American nationalists, and the alt-right. The giant elephant battle beasts are the MSM. With that as context, now watch these 2 clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmTz7EAYLrs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1uhAz9_v9A

Anonymous BGKB May 26, 2016 2:53 PM  

What makes obviously liberal-cultural-values Republicans actually Republicans, apart from habit?

Their willingness to sacrifice American blood and treasure for Israel?

No one who votes for Hillary Clinton - or who voted for Barack Obama - can reasonably call themselves "conservative".

The only people still willing to say they voted for Bath House Barry are white supremisists, who said they did it because they knew he this bad

Anonymous DDT May 26, 2016 3:00 PM  

What a load of horseshit.

Ace has been #Nevertrump from the start. You know why he's having this sudden questioning of their loyalties? Because #Nevertrump is going over the cliff, and he doesn't want to go with them. Nothing more, nothing less.

He's now hoping to regain some credibility by denouncing guys who were his allies. He shouldn't have any. He made his bed with Kristol and company, go slither under the sheets with 'em.

Anonymous Instasetting May 26, 2016 3:01 PM  

I think a lot of the NeverTrumpers are McCainiacs. They attacked with venom and velocity The Base, and demanded we accede without offering us one thing. Seems a lot like NeverTrumpers.

McCain himself was enough of a pol to realize he needed to do something, and he had enough wisdom to Go Big, and choose Palin. I think the McCainiacs dragged him back, and the RINOs dragged her down because they would rather lose than have someone like Palin, or her 'older, meaner brother' Trump in office.

Anonymous Golden Flowers May 26, 2016 3:02 PM  

Trump is NOT a conservative. And no conservative Christina can vote for him in good conscience.

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/goodbye-republican-party-and-good-riddance/

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/now-is-the-time-to-fight-for-truth-not-unity/

"And here’s another self-evident truth: To unite purely for the sake of uniting – to throw in with the crowd just for the sake of being with the crowd – is cowardice. It’s the sort of popular conformity we warn our children against. “Don’t jump off a bridge just because that’s what your friends are doing,” your mom used to say. From your mom’s perspective, and from mine, it’s far better to stay on solid ground alone than plunge unified to a certain death."

"As it happens, I’m already quite familiar with the “ideas” at the root of Trumpism. They’re very much like progressive ideas, but slightly less cohesive, tinged with white nationalism and always shifting at the behest of the god-king Trump. And that’s why I reject this unity – because I reject the thing around which we are supposed to be uniting."

Voting for Trump is voting for cowardice and racism.

Anonymous DDT May 26, 2016 3:02 PM  

And before someone calls me out on "From the start" re: Ace.

Don't be coy. He started out hating Trump, but when the base got charged he started talking about, golly gee, that Trump is... okay, but GUYS GUYS look at these alternatives. Ooh, Trump made a misstep, gosh, gosh. *wringing of hands* I think Trump blew it guys, we better line up behind Cruz/Anyone else.

Fuck this guy.

Blogger Nick S May 26, 2016 3:03 PM  

Philalethes wrote:So how about this: Wait until Trump has the GOP nomination sewn up (see previous thread), in fact wait until after the GOP convention, so the party cannot possibly replace him with another candidate.

Then move Hillary off the stage (indictment, poor health, whatever) and replace her with a standard, "moderate", reliable (to the Establishment), inoffensive "liberal" candidate – the biggest problem the Left has is that both Hillary and Bernie are intolerable to large segments of their constituency – and watch all the Democrats, Liberals, SJWs, Churchians, and Cuckservatives (and, btw, all the women who supposedly have such problems with Trump) heave a huge sigh of relief and rally around him.


I've been saying since the beginning that they're going to parachute in Joe Biden at the last minute to save him the expense and effort of an actual campaign. He's an affable guy with a solid base and he will garner a whole bunch of sympathy votes because of Beau. I think Trump takes a dive in the 9th round, but we'll see.

Blogger Ingot9455 May 26, 2016 3:05 PM  

@33 Nah, it's too late to get rid of Hillary for anyone but Bernie. If they snatch her from the stage and try to put in, say, the Biden/Warren ticket, everyone who worked for Hillary is going to turn off, and everyone who agitated for Bernie, where the real dem energy lies, will probably start riots.

You can get away with this kind of stuff in a local election where your machine is in charge of counting the votes. The national audience doesn't care much for this kind of play, though.

Anonymous WinstonWebb May 26, 2016 3:06 PM  

Golden Flowers,

We don't care.

Oh, and "Fuck You!", you lying sack of shit.

That's all.

Anonymous Greed is Good May 26, 2016 3:12 PM  

A lot of #NeverTrump has become quite wealthy thanks to Obama. And 8 years of Hillary could be worth millions of dollars to them.

PS: Vox are you going to comment on Brad Thor and Glenn Beck conspiring to murder Trump?

Anonymous LastRedoubt May 26, 2016 3:18 PM  

@lowercaseb

Exactly...if Hillary wins, imagine a future filled with Ruby Ridges.


or how Baen got investigated/audited for daring to publish a book written by newt Gingrich

Anonymous BGKB May 26, 2016 3:21 PM  

How do all of the Gammas rise to the highest level in a political party in a nation of millions? Methodical hard work and getting money from the other side like all the (((republican))) donors that switched to Hilary. Controlled opposition.

Exactly...if Hillary wins, imagine a future filled with Ruby Ridges...As well as OKC bombings

People have learned better responses. Don't go to Waco when every 1/2 competent govt employee is looking that way, but clean up your own backyard. http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2009/10/mathematics-of-liberty-one-hundred.html

If Trump were an Israel-firster, Shapiro would be engineer of the Trump Train.

He would bare knuckle fight Zoey Tur to keep the $8billion a year in taxpayer aid going to his homeland.

Anonymous jdgalt May 26, 2016 3:24 PM  

I'll bite.

Up until at least the Reagan administration (Bush senior is arguable), the Republicans stood for real capitalism, against the cronyism of Democrats. Now Trump, Mr. Cronyism himself, wants to own the Republican brand. F--- that.

Anonymous Dan May 26, 2016 3:26 PM  

Crash wrote:

"Speaking as a #NeverTrump
My reason is simple, I don't believe he will do a damn thing about immigration. "

You are surely a troll. He didn't simply parrot some party line -- he staked out hard positions way outside the Overton Window, like halting Muslim immigration, and then stuck to his guns while enduring a blast-furnace worth of heat. His immigration advisor, and second major endorsement, was Senator Jeff Sessions, the warhorse on this issue.

For a long time his website had only one platform in the positions section, his immigration position.


Anonymous Stephen J. May 26, 2016 3:29 PM  

As I've seen it there are essentially two motives driving sincere #NeverTrump stances:
1) Genuine moral revulsion for Trump's character failings.
2) Genuine belief that Trump will do more damage to the country as President than Clinton will.

I can understand the first stance, but the problem with moral revulsion against people in politics is that if applied with enough consistency and rigour to be sincere it effectively forbids participating in politics at all; Trump may not be a good man, but suggesting that Hillary Clinton is a better one seems a stretch. And the whole point of the system is that it is supposed to hold the personal moral failings of its officeholders in check by pitting them against one another; if one no longer trusts that safeguard, one's problem is with the whole rotten mess rather than any given individual.

As for the second, the only plausible argument I have ever heard that Clinton might make a better President than Trump is, ironically, not that Clinton is a better person or more experienced executive but that she is predictably corrupt in her supreme self-interest, and can be counted on not to try to do anything to stupid or crazy or to overreach herself; Trump's big weakness, from this perspective, is that he has the outsider's naivete about what is and isn't feasible in the Government Machine, and by sheer ignorance may blow through more checks and safeguards than he restores. Part of the division between elites and populists is the fact that the latter is exactly what the populists want to elect him for; Trump is not a prophesied Saviour, he is a Hail Mary pass thrown against the backfield of the Press and the Party Machine in the conviction that whatever damage he does it can't be worse than the status quo.

I'm Canadian so it's academic for me, but were I American, I confess that much as Hail Mary passes make for great drama, in real life I don't like them much; assertions like "it can't possibly be worse than X" have a distressing tendency to be wrong, in my experience. But sometimes it really is preferable to the alternative.

Anonymous X May 26, 2016 3:30 PM  

"Up until at least the Reagan administration (Bush senior is arguable), the Republicans stood for real capitalism, against the cronyism of Democrats."


Lol... You mean Lincoln? Hoover? Nixon? Ford?

Anonymous Steve May 26, 2016 3:35 PM  

Apparently the water supply is full of chemicals that mimic female hormones.

A lot of the NeverTrump guys I've seen in the media are highly strung emotional men with bitch tits.

So...

Anonymous BGKB May 26, 2016 3:35 PM  

Its almost too funny HilLIARy's "I am man enough to vote for a woman are you" #manenough4hilLIARy model also did STD awareness ads.https://lintvkoin.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/syphilis-awareness-ad-11092015.jpg http://www.democraticunderground.com/12512059095

Blogger lowercaseb May 26, 2016 3:35 PM  

BGKB wrote:People have learned better responses. Don't go to Waco when every 1/2 competent govt employee is looking that way, but clean up your own backyard.

That is a good point...but there is a very specific reason I chose Ruby Ridge. Under Clinton and the people that Clinton appoints, If you badthink, the gov't will come looking for you even if you separate yourself away from mainstream society with just your family, and will shoot first.

Blogger Legion of Logic May 26, 2016 3:37 PM  

And on what basis did Trump come up with that list? He's not a proven conservative, so why did he provide conservatives with such a powerful list? Political ploy at this point, nothing more.

Anonymous Napoleon 12pdr May 26, 2016 3:41 PM  

(Sung to the tune of "All You Need Is Love")

Trump, Trump, Trump
Trump, Trump, Trump
Trump, Trump, Trump

There’s nothing wrong with our country that can’t be fixed
Nothing about the economy that can’t be mended
Nothing more to say if we learn how to play the game
It’s easy

Nothing hard about building a fence
Nothing hard about defending liberty
Nothing hard about making America great again
It’s easy

All we need is Trump
All we need is Trump
Don’t be a chump, vote Trump
Trump’s the man we need

Trump, Trump, Trump
Don-ald Trump
Trump, Trump, Trump

All we need is Trump
All we need is Trump
Don’t be a chump, vote Trump
Trump’s the man we need

Let’s go make our country great again
Let’s go make our country rich again
Let’s end the madness of the last eight years
It's easy

All we need is Trump
Vote for Don-ald Trump
Don’t be a chump, vote Trump
And save America

Anonymous Eduardo May 26, 2016 3:44 PM  

Stephen J.

But Hillary seems pretty damn bad. She will finally implode traditional American values and fix immigration by creating emigration! There is no way Donald can't be as bad or worse.

I mean, she will probably re-write the Bill of Rights through the Judiciary, and soon the USA will be so institutionalized anti-Right, the country will be throughly divided more than it ever was.

I guess you Canadians should be prepared for the Influx of Americans if HillBillary wins.

--------

The situation will be so bad, that Sinistar will follow through with his promise to kill me over race that...he will swin the carribean, cross the guianas and finally get shot at Brazil's border (tranquilizer dart). Where than I will take his wounded body to an Italian populated city so he will feel at home...

Crazy Joshua :-P

OpenID crash May 26, 2016 3:49 PM  

@51 Dan:

An observation about Trolling, most people can't tell the difference between honest disagreement and trolling.

Anyway keeping this short and to the point. He has already walked back his positions on immigration.

http://www.newsweek.com/who-knew-trump-favors-amnesty-undocumented-immigrants-395512

http://www.redstate.com/diary/southernconstitutionalist/2015/12/06/eric-trump-my-dads-immigration-plan-includes-amnesty-after-deportation/

http://www.dailywire.com/news/3902/trump-flip-flops-immigration-reverses-back-joshua-yasmeh

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/mar/4/donald-trump-quickly-recants-new-stance-immigrant-/

I can see going with the idea that he is a politician and it's "The other guys he is playing" when he gets in we know what he is going to really do. I just don't believe that for one moment. He has supported Democrats his whole life. Open borders directly benefits him financially in the short term. There's just no evidence support his road to Damascus moment.

I sincerely hope you all are correct. It's better than 50/50 he is the next president and if he does lock down immigration both legal and illegal it may pull the country back from the brink.

Anonymous X May 26, 2016 3:49 PM  

Correlation of #NeverTrump and social autism/asbergers?

Anonymous Broken Arrow May 26, 2016 3:49 PM  

Nick S wrote:Philalethes wrote:So how about this: Wait until Trump has the GOP nomination sewn up (see previous thread), in fact wait until after the GOP convention, so the party cannot possibly replace him with another candidate.

Then move Hillary off the stage (indictment, poor health, whatever) and replace her with a standard, "moderate", reliable (to the Establishment), inoffensive "liberal" candidate – the biggest problem the Left has is that both Hillary and Bernie are intolerable to large segments of their constituency – and watch all the Democrats, Liberals, SJWs, Churchians, and Cuckservatives (and, btw, all the women who supposedly have such problems with Trump) heave a huge sigh of relief and rally around him.


I've been saying since the beginning that they're going to parachute in Joe Biden at the last minute to save him the expense and effort of an actual campaign. He's an affable guy with a solid base and he will garner a whole bunch of sympathy votes because of Beau. I think Trump takes a dive in the 9th round, but we'll see.


Why all of the negativity?

Blogger Teri May 26, 2016 3:50 PM  

Ace IS #NeverTrump! He said he would vote for Hillary before he would vote for Trump. Back during the Idaho primary, he said Trump would win because Idaho was full of white supremicists. He shut up about it when Cruz won it. Ace didn't want to be part of the dirt people and he really wanted his buddies in GOPe to like him. So he went along with them.

And the reason why he is now lecturing the #NeverTrump people to get on board is because he makes a living from him blog and he's got declining readership. I'm not going to read a blog by someone that wants to call me names for supporting Trump.

Anonymous Stephen J. May 26, 2016 3:54 PM  

@59: "Hillary seems pretty damn bad."

Oh, I agree. Essentially the situation to me seems like this: You're driving towards a cliff, and have to pick one driver to take over. Unfortunately, the only choice you have is between:

- An inexperienced driver who you know won't change direction, but might drive slowly enough that her successor can pull off the turn, vs:

- A driver who says very loudly he's going to try to change direction but (a) you're not sure you trust him to turn fast enough for anybody but him and his friends to leap out of the car in time, and (b) even if he does try to change direction fast enough, doesn't have nearly the driving skill he pretends to and is as likely as not to flip the car himself.

But truthfully, I sincerely doubt we'll see many Americans move up here. People have been saying that for every election since 2000 and we never have much of a spike.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 26, 2016 3:56 PM  

DDT wrote:Don't be coy. He started out hating Trump,

Many of Ace's posts started making a lot more sense when I heard that he is a she. This is one of those posts. Read it again with that in mind.

Blogger Teri May 26, 2016 3:57 PM  

He's not really a she. Back when he was being sued by "he who must not be named", the lawyer in charge referred to Ace as a she to confuse things.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 26, 2016 3:58 PM  

J Van Stry wrote:Me? I was on her enemies list when Bill was in office. That sucked. Royally. If she gets elected my only hope is that she lost that list.
Hillary seems to me to be type that not only would NEVAR lose that list, she's the type that would lie awake at night stroking it and memorizing each name and offense, imagining the payback she is going to extract.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 26, 2016 3:59 PM  

Teri wrote:He's not really a she. Back when he was being sued by "he who must not be named", the lawyer in charge referred to Ace as a she to confuse things.

LOL, still works. Just means he's gamma as fuck.

Blogger Teri May 26, 2016 4:00 PM  

By the way, alexa.com can be entertaining. You can see web traffic patterns. It showed a drop in readership at ace.mu.nu after April. If you look at another pro-Trump site, like theconservativetreehouse.com, you see a boost in readership.

Anonymous Eduardo May 26, 2016 4:07 PM  

Stephen J.

Yeah, I heard that before... From Shapiro of all people.

It is a bit of a shame if Trump does win and never get to do the more spicy things he wants. But if he at least break the trends a little bit it would be already a majot victory, after all the conservatives have not conserved much.

Oh well ... We can always dream XD. But I guess Americans love their lands, they will think a million times before leaving. After all to emigrate because of political problems is to give up on the country.

Anonymous Elijah Rhodes May 26, 2016 4:18 PM  

It's a win-win for the AltRight, regardless of whether Hillary or Trump is elected.

Blogger Nick S May 26, 2016 4:19 PM  

Why all of the negativity?

Reality is unbiased.

Blogger Ron Winkleheimer May 26, 2016 4:20 PM  

@52

I agree that a lot of people are neverTrump for the reasons you describe. Or at least that is what they tell themselves.

1) Moral revulsion towards Trump's character.

Really!? As opposed to Hillary who has actually sold the country out in exchange for money and will actively work to destroy peoples lives who oppose her or stand in her way. Someone who let people die to cover up her failures in Libya and lies to their relatives face about it.

When you tell me that you can't stomach Trump what I'm hearing is that "he is just not our sort" in a snooty upper-class accent.

2) Trump will do more damage than Hillary

See above.

Anonymous mature craig May 26, 2016 4:20 PM  

Trump will be fine if he doesn't have all the answers he knows where to get them. In my view the majority of the criticism he gets is weak invalid dishonest dripping with Anti American contempt and it refutes itself



Anonymous Broken Arrow May 26, 2016 4:27 PM  

Nick S wrote:Why all of the negativity?

Reality is unbiased.


Every pessimist I've ever met considers themselves a realist.

Blogger Ron Winkleheimer May 26, 2016 4:33 PM  

And the reason why he is now lecturing the #NeverTrump people to get on board is because he makes a living from him blog and he's got declining readership. I'm not going to read a blog by someone that wants to call me names for supporting Trump.

Yeah, and he was a real dick about it. #NeverTrump people all seem to be hysterical about it.

I get it, you don't like Trump. Well guess what, running moderates with impeccable party credentials hasn't been working no matter how hard you wishcast.

I'm not searching for a Pastor for my Church, I don't care how many times he has been married or if he said things about women that make some people take to their fainting couches.

I want someone who will advocate for my interests and will do what is necessary to win. It evident that calls for civility are all one way and only meant to prevent my side from fighting in an effective manner.

So please shut your pie holes. Your womanly fretting is annoying and is only helping the people who you claim to want to defeat.

Also, I know you really likes you some cheap slave labor that you can exploit while feeling self-satisfied about how you are helping the brown people and are totally not raccisss, but you are screwing over the country and your fellow citizens. Also, funny how your principles just happen to align with your financial interests. What a coincidence!

Anonymous Scintan May 26, 2016 4:34 PM  

The equation is simple:

There is a 100% chance that Hillary will be as bad as Hillary. There is a less than 100% chance that Hillary will be as bad as Hillary.

And, given what we saw at AOS for months, Ace is throwing a lot of stones for someone living in a mostly glass house.

Blogger Teri May 26, 2016 4:39 PM  

He supported Democrats because he was a real estate developer in a Democratically held state. If you were trying to get approval for a building, given this scenario, which Party would you buy off?

He is said to walk things back because the MSM likes to misquote him. What Trump supporters know is that he loves this country. After 7 years of the guy that hates it, that's enough to trust him.

Blogger Teri May 26, 2016 4:44 PM  

He used to ban folks for saying bad things about his friend, Rick Wilson. He wants to be one of "those"guys.

Blogger Student in Blue May 26, 2016 4:44 PM  

@crash
Anyway keeping this short and to the point. He has already walked back his positions on immigration.

Funny thing is, Newsweek described what Trump said as "touchback amnesty" even though it's not amnesty nor is it specified that it's for every single illegal alien. They just took that assumption, since Newsweek just assumes that every illegal alien will pass the vetting process with flying colors.

I mean, sure, it might shape up that way, but if you want to be fair you have to err on arguing in good faith, rather than bad faith.

At the very least, Trump has stated he wants an expedited process to vet people who want to become American citizens. He's said this pretty early in his campaign and hasn't budged from it, so it's hard to call it flip-flopping - especially when he never said "kick 'em out and never let 'em back in!" in the first place.

As for the H-1B issue... we already covered that on this blog when it happened. Megyn Kelly incorrectly called H-1Bs "high skilled workers".
Here's where I did the research where she pulled the sleight of hand, my own self.
Here's Vox's post right afterwards, where everyone discusses it.

So yeah, as far as I've seen, if there's been any perception of Trump flip-flopping on a subject, it's because whoever's spinning the story is miscontruing his words intentionally or accidentally.

Blogger Nick S May 26, 2016 4:48 PM  

Every pessimist I've ever met considers themselves a realist.

Everyone considers themselves a realist. Don't you? Every confidence victim I've ever met had considered themselves a great judge of character. Facts don't care how people view themselves.

Anonymous SaltyDonnie May 26, 2016 4:49 PM  

Ace's comment is rich. He was #NeverTrump or damn near #NeverTrump during the primaries. He can be forgiven due to the emotional aspect of his pick Cruz losing, but he himself said he'd rather vote for Hillary than Trump. I wasn't the only one holding him to that in his site's comments, using the exact same rationale he now uses against others. Has he had an awakening?

Correct though he may be, this is just Ace trying to regain the relevance and credibility he was hemorrhaging toward the end of the primaries.

Blogger Ron Winkleheimer May 26, 2016 4:58 PM  

Correct though he may be, this is just Ace trying to regain the relevance and crewhdibility he was hemorrhaging toward the end of the primaries.

He was SJW level hysterical about it. It wasn't enough that he tell you why he was supporting Cruz and why he thought Trump was not the superior choice.

Nope, anyone who was for Trump was an absolute moron with zero integrity and a reprobate. Trump, should he win the Republican nomination, would destroy the party and herald the American Apocalypse.

Anonymous Thales May 26, 2016 5:00 PM  

Ace IS #NeverTrump! He said he would vote for Hillary before he would vote for Trump.

Hey, remember back in March 2015 when Ace said he'd quit the GOP?

That was a cool story, brah.

Anonymous X May 26, 2016 5:01 PM  

"Facts don't care how people view themselves" opines the Secret King gamma blind to social context.

Anonymous Yours Till Palouse Falls May 26, 2016 5:01 PM  

I voted for Sanders in the recent Washington primary, because there wasn't any point in voting for (or even against) Trump.
The funny thing is that the Washington State ballot REQUIRED its voters to check a box (D) or (R) before submitting the mail-only ballot (or else the ballot would be invalid). This is the first time in my life I've ever had a D next to my name... I felt so unclean afterwards... but then I took a shower in SJW tears and it was all better.

Blogger Aeoli Pera May 26, 2016 5:01 PM  

2. Showing off to one's liberal comrades that one isn't One Of That Kind of Conservative? That is, Virtue Signalling?

It's that one.

"Not all conservative white people are like that!"

Blogger Aeoli Pera May 26, 2016 5:04 PM  

But we happen to be talking about the Republic at this point.

Nobody cares.

Anonymous Broken Arrow May 26, 2016 5:08 PM  

Nick S wrote:Every pessimist I've ever met considers themselves a realist.

Everyone considers themselves a realist. Don't you? Every confidence victim I've ever met had considered themselves a great judge of character. Facts don't care how people view themselves.


"Everyone considers themselves a realist. Don't you?" No.

Except you don't have any facts, just your negativity. "I think Trump takes a dive in the 9th round, but we'll see." What facts do you have to support this statement?

Blogger SirHamster May 26, 2016 5:11 PM  

DDT wrote:

Don't be coy. He started out hating Trump, but when the base got charged he started talking about, golly gee, that Trump is... okay, but GUYS GUYS look at these alternatives. Ooh, Trump made a misstep, gosh, gosh. *wringing of hands* I think Trump blew it guys, we better line up behind Cruz/Anyone else.


Also, concern trolling, "gee, Trump isn't a real Christian, evangelical voters. Might want to think hard about voting for him."

Ignoring that the GOP nominated the outright heretic Romney in 2012.

Also went all in on Fields, and maintained the #NeverTrump narrative about it.


Teri wrote:He's not really a she. Back when he was being sued by "he who must not be named", the lawyer in charge referred to Ace as a she to confuse things.

ace has a podcast.

He does have emotional responses at times, and some of his posts are very long, so some Gamma attributes.

Blogger John Wright May 26, 2016 5:17 PM  

The term 'conservative' was invented by the 'progressives' to describe anyone who was not a progressive. Like goyim, gentile, or heathen, it is just a word that says what you are not.

Now, obviously, no one is in favor of 'progress' without some notion of the goal toward which one is progressing. In the case of Progressives, the goal is socialism in slow stages (Wilsonian Socialism, New Deal Socialism, Fabian Socialism, and Communism).

The word was a propaganda term only, because people like things that are new and exciting. And so the Progressives called themselves 'NEW!' and called their enemies 'OLD!'

Conservatives are trying to progress toward a society run on Constitutional principles recognizing the equality of the rights of birth (and no other type of equality, thank you) limited government, with a separation of powers designed to slow the process of corruption. Culturally, we want Christian virtues to shine in our culture, and that is not a matter of conservation, because real Christianity has never been tried.

In the modern age, the Progressives interbred with large, lazy, corporations, and realized it was mutually beneficial to bribe and be bribed. Many a wealthy millionaire realized that Progressive demagogues could both denounce millionaires and become millionaires by cooperating in fleecing the taxpayer. So this generation of Progressives are globalist crony-capitalists, that is, plutocrats.

Meanwhile, people like me, small-government, armed-citizen, free-speech, strong-borders, limited immigration types who think the US Constitution will only work for a Christian nation, and should not be dismantled, are called 'conservative' because there is no other word left for us. We are not Republicans, who are merely the rightwing arm of the Democrat Party, who are merely the leftover love children of the Communist Party, who are merely the modern version of ancient Gnostic heretics from the First Century.

Unfortunately, every term I would normally use to describe my position has been coopted by the enemy. Technically, as an antimonarchist who believes all landowners over thirty five should be allowed to vote in local and state elections, I am a liberal -- in the original meaning of the word.

I would be called a Federalist, if the Federal government were not a slow totalitarianism. As of the last ten years of Supreme Court decisions, there is now NO AREA of human life held to be beyond Federal power, including states who wish to enforce federal laws the feds unconstitutionally and illegally fail to enforce. The Federal government can now make the most intimate imaginable decisions concerning your health insurance coverage, and even force Catholic nuns to pay for contraceptives and aborticides which are strictly forbidden by the law of God. States can no longer define marriage, as has been their right since before the founding of the Republic.

I would call myself a conservative, but y'all use that word to refer to RINOs and Republican-establishment types, and people opposed to everything I stand for, and stand for everything I oppose.

I am a Catholic. I believe what Thomas Acquinas had to say about he rights of man and the duties of the sovereign.

I am also a Virginian, and our commonwealth flag has the figure of liberty trampling a tyrant, from whose hands falls fetters and flails.

I believe in the Anglo-American common law and the wisdom of the common man.

I don't think women getting the vote turned out to be a successful experiment, because they voted in the Nanny State, as is only natural women should.

I believe in the Fall of Man, and believe anyone who worships his fellow man as monarch or fuhrer is a fool and craven.

No matter what term we use to call my political position, the Left will rob it of meaning either by using that term to refer to their other enemies, or using that term to refer to themselves, and we will be right back where we were.

Blogger Teri May 26, 2016 5:29 PM  

The problem with insisting that we only vote for "true conservatives" is that they lie to get elected. They say the right things, get elected, then do the opposite. Joni Ernst is a recent example. Voters hear the word conservative and think "this is someone for open borders".

You are right. It needs to be rebranded.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 26, 2016 5:42 PM  

John Wright wrote:Unfortunately, every term I would normally use to describe my position has been coopted by the enemy.
You are a Traditionalist of the Free Yeomanry school. You harken back to the non-slave-owning yeomanry of the Virginia Commonwealth from 1772 to 1865.

Anonymous Broken Arrow May 26, 2016 5:46 PM  

John Wright wrote:

No matter what term we use to call my political position, the Left will rob it of meaning either by using that term to refer to their other enemies, or using that term to refer to themselves, and we will be right back where we were.



Deceitful people will be deceitful? Punch back harder!

Blogger Desiderius May 26, 2016 5:54 PM  

"Now, obviously, no one is in favor of 'progress' without some notion of the goal toward which one is progressing."

Not only is that not obvious, it's not even true.

"Don't you know, it's CURRENT_YEAR" thinking is all about that.

Anonymous Ak May 26, 2016 6:02 PM  

The deal with Ace is "he" is actually two people, possibly a husband/wife, who co-blog under the same moniker. The male Ace is somewhat red-pilled, but the cuck female obviously wears the pants. Anyway this explained why "Ace" is often so bipolar.

Anonymous Eduardo May 26, 2016 6:05 PM  

Hey John, do what everybody with a new group of ideas do: use your name and add a -ism.

You believe in Wrightism.

Anonymous dr kill May 26, 2016 6:14 PM  

The saddest scrap of the Ace #neverTrump thing is that he claims he is not a Conservative in the classical definition (i.e.social). I was mystified by his violent anti-Trump posting, and I calculate today's walk-back to be motivated by loss of share and readership. Hey Ace, see ya. No more 300s from moi.

Anonymous patrick kelly May 26, 2016 6:24 PM  

@97 Eduardo

Not much new, just rare.

What Mr. Wright posted eloquently expresses and organizes much of my own thoughts on these subjects lately with some very minor differences in the details.

Being an Eastern Orthodox Christian from Texas likely accounts for most of those.

Blogger Nick S May 26, 2016 6:28 PM  

Except you don't have any facts, just your negativity. "I think Trump takes a dive in the 9th round, but we'll see." What facts do you have to support this statement?

That doesn't come close to a statement of fact. It was clearly meant as hyperbole. If you want to genuflect before a mythical idealization, knock yourself out. I don't give a shit one way or the other. Look, there are plenty of facts to prove Trump is replete with typical SJW attributes. This shouldn't even be controversial for anyone paying attention. I'll give him my vote, but I won't pretend it's without substantial risk.

Blogger Jon M May 26, 2016 6:30 PM  

It's been fun watching Twitter welcome Rubio back into the fold.

Rather than kick the NeverTrumpers in the tenders while they are down, should we not welcome them back as Prodigal Sons? Celebrate their wakening, and encourage their participation in the Great Push Back?

Don't get me wrong - we'll have to watch them to make sure they aren't tempted to slide back into weak-kneed prevaricating and pre-emptive surrender. As with the Prodigal son, you have party, but you watch the silverware and don't give him the keys to the barn until he demonstrates a firm commitment to the alt-right principles.

Anonymous Eduardo May 26, 2016 6:30 PM  

Orthodox tradition and classical theism from the Catholics have a lot in common as fas as I am aware.

So it is really a expected thing for you two to agree at such a level.

Still, I personally think you should just stuck to describing with phrases instead of words. Coining a word is great, but it is too easy to corrupt its meaning the long run. And boy oh boy, the Left can corrupt words like no other team out there.

Anonymous (((NRO))) May 26, 2016 6:30 PM  

Trump... Hillary... We don't care either way. Now here are 3000 words on why Trump sucks.

Anonymous Ronnie May 26, 2016 6:56 PM  

From close observation of the media today, looks they have given in to Trump.

I hope he handles the pressure well. He is in for the roller coaster of his life.

Things will shift.

Blogger Rusty Fife May 26, 2016 6:58 PM  

crash wrote:Speaking as a #NeverTrump

My reason is simple, I don't believe he will do a damn thing about immigration. When I see Trump I see the dog that somehow caught a car and has no idea what to do with it.



He's the only one that chased the car. Maybe he'll figure it in the next 8yrs.

Anonymous Anonymous May 26, 2016 7:04 PM  

As things stand, Trump will be the President.

Clinton is an old wrinkled mess of a woman. Not very appealing to the average (young) non follower of politics. They won't vote for the old hag they hated in school.

Blogger SS May 26, 2016 7:18 PM  

Jon M wrote:It's been fun watching Twitter welcome Rubio back into the fold.

Rather than kick the NeverTrumpers in the tenders while they are down, should we not welcome them back as Prodigal Sons? Celebrate their wakening, and encourage their participation in the Great Push Back?

Don't get me wrong - we'll have to watch them to make sure they aren't tempted to slide back into weak-kneed prevaricating and pre-emptive surrender. As with the Prodigal son, you have party, but you watch the silverware and don't give him the keys to the barn until he demonstrates a firm commitment to the alt-right principles.



It depends which supporters it is. The run of the mill regular guy supporter that posted his support and went on about his day is fine. It's the Rick Wilsons, the AG Conservatives and their associates that are getting the regular BTFO and will continue to receive it and deserve to have it. They will not be welcome back. They will be abandoned in the wilderness, and no one will go looking for them. Except to troll.

Anonymous Broken Arrow May 26, 2016 7:57 PM  

Most of the #NeverTrump crowd is simply going to pretend it never happened in time.

Blogger Student in Blue May 26, 2016 8:00 PM  

Speaking of Trump Derangement Syndrome... oy gevalt, the amount of blind assertions going on by #NeverTrump-ers and likely paid shills, it's enough to turn me off from Twitter.

Checked a tweet from Fox News about Trump entertaining the idea of a debate with Sanders. The replies were nothing but blind assertions about "Trump lied about the donations!!" and "He's just paid opposition from the Clintons!!" and even "Those Trump supporters are just nothing but cultists! Look at this handy-dandy image with nothing but Trump's face and a definition of a cult!".

Then whenever someone criticizes those blind assertions... they attack the messenger, never the message. It just makes me think those people blindly asserting never got punched in the face in their life, and likely need a prescription filled.

Anonymous mature craig May 26, 2016 8:02 PM  

Re 628. Substantial risk. Care to elaborate?

Blogger Rusty Fife May 26, 2016 8:14 PM  

mature craig wrote:Re 628.

Get with the program:
@109 (@+comment number) gives a direct html link to the comment.

Alternatively, clicking then copying on the comment numer does all the fancy formatting for you when you paste it in the comment box.

I takes forever to figure out who you are responding to by time.

Blogger guest May 26, 2016 8:17 PM  

Do you really want to know Vox? I'll tell you why. It's because I don't believe a word that comes out of Trump's mouth. He will say anything to get elected, but at the end of the day, there is no difference between his values and Clinton's values. That is why I intend on not voting in November. I could care less whether it is Hillary Trump or Donald Clinton who wins. They are one and the same. In fact they are both pervs. I wouldn't trust either of them around small children or teenage boys.

Anonymous Random American May 26, 2016 8:20 PM  

#23 I'm NeverTrump because I don't think Trump will do anything about the border, so we might as well have Hillary who has pledged to destroy it forever.

Well hell, I guess the name The Stupid Party was spot on.

Blogger guest May 26, 2016 8:21 PM  

Do you really want to know Vox? I'll tell you why. It's because I don't believe a word that comes out of Trump's mouth. He will say anything to get elected, but at the end of the day, there is no difference between his values and Clinton's values. That is why I intend on not voting in November. I could care less whether it is Hillary Trump or Donald Clinton who wins. They are one and the same. In fact they are both pervs. I wouldn't trust either of them around small children or teenage boys.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 26, 2016 8:28 PM  

@Guest,
So is the delusional state the result of a brain injury, are pure cuckery?
I mean, unless you get all you news from NRO and AG_Conservative, you can't possibly have that opinion based on any fact or anything Trump has done or said.
If you do get your news exclusively from those sources, I will count that up as brain injury.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 26, 2016 8:29 PM  

Unlike you, neither Hillary nor Trump has any sexual interest in teenaged boys.

Blogger David Power May 26, 2016 8:59 PM  

@Guest "I don't believe a word that comes out of Trumps mouth"

As a Brit, I can tell you that despite the protestations of our MP 'Lyin Dave', Trump was absolutely correct when he pointed out that we Londoners have a huge problem with Muslims creating no-go zones in our capital city:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-cU_qaBOZok

Anonymous BGKB May 26, 2016 9:06 PM  

The replies were nothing but blind assertions about "Trump lied about the donations!!

Its sad that they could find so many trifling cucks to complain that TRUMP only raised 4.5million for vets, because some of the pledges backed out. Maybe they should look at how much money Wounded Warrior actually gives to vets after expenses and go after them.

They are one and the same. In fact they are both pervs. I wouldn't trust either of them around small children or teenage boys.

Its only girls you have to watch out for with Bill, Hill and Trump.

"I don't believe a word that comes out of Trumps mouth"

I believe that after a lifetime of politicians demanding bribes so problems wouldn't occur, 12 IRS audits, and dealing with mountains of regulations I think TRUMP is going to take at least a couple whacks at them. He also knows how HR gets tied up with not being able to fire illegals for up to a year as the SSN number system plays out.

Anonymous mature craig May 26, 2016 9:56 PM  

@Rusty Fife thanks will do on my desk top My smart doesn't show comment #

Anonymous mature craig May 26, 2016 10:28 PM  

Also just a thought thinking about various election issues and reading the posts here. USA gets screwed over by a lot of other countries. Its good that Trump recognizes this feels strongly about it and he is just the type of person needed to stop the USA from getting screwed over by other countries

Blogger Heaving Bosoms d.b.a. Matthew May 26, 2016 10:45 PM  

guest wrote:Do you really want to know Vox? I'll tell you why. It's because I don't believe a word that comes out of Trump's mouth. He will say anything to get elected, but at the end of the day, there is no difference between his values and Clinton's values. That is why I intend on not voting in November. I could care less whether it is Hillary Trump or Donald Clinton who wins. They are one and the same. In fact they are both pervs. I wouldn't trust either of them around small children or teenage boys.

Found the liar.

Blogger Heaving Bosoms d.b.a. Matthew May 26, 2016 10:46 PM  

Who else thinks "mature craig" is Koanic trying to explore his inner sensitive CroMag?

Anonymous FP May 26, 2016 10:50 PM  

So Ace has flip flopped again? I'm shocked I tells ya.

Charles Cooke of NRO is man enough for Johnson:

https://twitter.com/charlescwcooke/status/735809898383081472

Anonymous FP May 26, 2016 10:57 PM  

Oh, 43 GOP house members voted to codify Obama's tranny bathroom orders last night in the latest spending bill that then failed today.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2016/05/26/paul-ryan-is-in-another-fight-he-doesnt-want-this-time-over-lgbt-rights/

Anonymous Memories May 26, 2016 11:03 PM  

This guy Ace was #NeverTrump. Does he consider himself a Democrat? Now that it's become obvious that #NeverTrump is astroturf for the globalist agenda, and being anti-Trump is pro-Globalism, pro-Hillary, and anti-America, he needs to do more than idly speculate to regain our trust.

Blogger CM May 27, 2016 12:16 AM  

@123

I want the original yeas, as well. All of FL's reps are in Miami and Tampa districts so not much I can do where I am.

Blogger SciVo May 27, 2016 12:48 AM  

Gaiseric wrote:I consider myself a restorationist, not a conservative. There's little about where we've ended up that I care to conserve. I want to restore to us that which has been taken away.

Well said. Things will never be the same as they were before, but we can bring the best parts of the past into the future, and trashcan the changes made by imperialists, oikophobes and thought police.

Anonymous Jack Amok May 27, 2016 12:57 AM  

Now he has caught an issue that is incredibly important and just has gone full real estate guy/con man on people who are desperate to see this fixed.

And your #NeverTrumpism will make this situation better how?

Blogger Nick S May 27, 2016 1:14 AM  

Re 628. Substantial risk. Care to elaborate?

It a calculated risk I'm willing to take. I believe it's the only reasonable thing to do with the current situation as it is, but if you can deny the red flags contained in this miniscule sampling, you're willfully ignorant. Incessantly playing the victim card and his constant goal post moving has his rationalization hamster is in perpetual overdrive. Just be honest about it. It's not all sunshine and lollipops with Trump.

Anonymous Jack Amok May 27, 2016 1:29 AM  

Just be honest about it. It's not all sunshine and lollipops with Trump.

Who ever said it was? Sunshine and free lollipops are for Bernie supporters.

Blogger Aeoli Pera May 27, 2016 1:47 AM  

Heaving Bosoms d.b.a. Matthew wrote:Who else thinks "mature craig" is Koanic trying to explore his inner sensitive CroMag?

That's not even close to the way Koanic writes. He would have made up between five and ten bizarre neologisms in the course of explaining.

Blogger Aeoli Pera May 27, 2016 1:49 AM  

Then congratulated himself for solving all of the world's problems by implication.

Blogger Jon M May 27, 2016 2:44 AM  

SS: "Depends on who it is."

Great point and well taken.

OpenID vfmshadow0342 May 27, 2016 4:14 AM  

@122:

Give Ace credit; he at least can admit he is wrong, and is capable of self-reflection on his errant ways, unlike those self-righteous nutters at Redstate and NRO.

Anonymous Anonymous May 27, 2016 4:34 AM  

Glenn Beck Virtue Signal to Liberals all the time. I'm a good person, unlike those racist/sexist Conservatives. Look at what he said about Facebook/Zuckerberg as a latest example

Anonymous mature-Craig May 27, 2016 10:45 AM  

May 27, 2016 1:29 AM
Just be honest about it. It's not all sunshine and lollipops with Trump.


my concern is he is going to tire himself out responding to too many attacks.
should save his firepower for the big fights

OpenID crash May 27, 2016 2:32 PM  

@127

"And your #NeverTrumpism will make this situation better how?"

It's a good question. Wish I had a good answer. At this point I can only hope the #NeverTrump movement has enough cohesion to strategically vote for maximum damage to the left. Admittedly this on the level of hoping my steam engine gets powered by the hot molecules and the cold molecules deciding to self segregate

Blogger Rusty Fife May 27, 2016 8:18 PM  

mature craig wrote:@Rusty Fife thanks will do on my desk top My smart doesn't show comment #

Shows up in Android if you go to desktop view and delete the ?m=1 in the URL.

Anonymous Mitchell May 27, 2016 9:07 PM  

Yeah, I've read Ace as he has started warming up to the Donald, and I keep thinking of that old joke, "These are my principles, and if you don't like them, well, I've got others....."

I understand the appeal of the Donald, but it's still disappointing to witness his rise.

Three candidates left, and all of them awful. Thank God I have the skillz and talentz to survive, no matter which jackwagon becomes President.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts