ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2016 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Dunning-Kruger + Gamma = Aaron

The most intellectually challenged gamma at File 770, much to everyone's surprise, doubles down.
I disagree. I think I'm very smart. And you're dumb. I'm easily smarter than most people on this blog, including Vox. Vox said something pretty stupid, and instead of having the balls to man up, he doubled down. I'm not impressed. At all.
Easily smarter... than people with confirmed +3SD and +4SD IQs. I have no doubt whatsoever that he believes that, as he's an example of both Dunning-Kruger Syndrome and Vox's First Law in action.

What's particularly funny about this is that he's referring to this post. Notice how much of it is devoted to intelligence and immigration. Aaron, as wounded Gammas are wont to do, leaped to attack one minor point that he interpreted to be in error, then attempted to build an entire edifice of discredit and disqualify upon it, even going so far as to claim, on that basis, that "You always double down. I've never seen you concede any point at any time anywhere."

No doubt this would confuse James Miller, Robert Murphy, and Thomas Woods, to say nothing of Ian Fletcher, to whom I have conceded considerably more than just a single point. Some other readers attempted to explain to Aaron that he'd missed the salient point, which he not only ended up rejecting but also claims I did not mean despite the readily available evidence to the contrary.
So, the immigration of stupid people has created conditions that make the super smart innovators have less babies, and that many of the super smart who have babies do so with Mexican fruit pickers and Somali gangsters and such like.

THAT'S what Vox meant when he said the immigration of stupid people has led to a lower average national IQ, and thus fewer smart people to be entrepreneurs.

If you SERIOUSLY think this is what Vox meant, then that's a perfectly coherent position, although to my mind, not plausible.

But I for one, don't think that's what vox meant.
Of course it is part of what Vox meant, though only part, as should be obvious to anyone who is familiar with my writing about feminism's effect on declining Western intelligence. One wonders what else I could have possibly meant, considering the following:

As the average IQ of the population declines, the number of members of the cognitive elite being born similarly decline. If the smart population mixes with the less intelligent immigrants, or even fails to breed at replacement levels, the ABSOLUTE number of smart people will decline. Do either of those scenarios happen to apply here?

Of course, both scenarios do. Aaron's assertion of my "error" relied upon no native-immigrant intermixing and non-declining birthrates among the native cognitive elite, both false assumptions. What Aaron is exhibiting, in addition to the usual gamma "You are wrong and stupid due to incorrect assumptions on my part", is typical SJW reasoning in action.They are binary thinkers, which renders complexity a complete mystery to them. That's why they think that "well, it's more complex than that" is a sufficient rebuttal, because the possibility of unraveling the complexities and successfully accounting for more than one influential factor is not only beyond their capabilities, but beyond their actions.

Notice how the SJW ends up relying upon his interpretation of what he imagines the other person to be thinking so that he can himself the victor, regardless of what every other observer concludes. The Secret King triumphs again, if only in his own head. But usually, the gamma doesn't pay enough attention to what others are saying to even understand them correctly.
But isn't that exactly the point? They're in a position of weakness, so they're using bluster and bravado to regain momentum. Thats what I said. File this under "making my point for me again" dpt. You're good at that, vox.
No, it's not exactly the point. Aaron failed to understand that I was correcting his statement that "pushing through their agenda in an even more ruthless and uncompromising way is the best tactic they have to deal with a moment of weakness".  Yes, we both agree that the EU elite is in a position of weakness, which is precisely why bluster and bravado is not their best tactic if they wish the EU to survive. To the contrary, it's a very risky bluff, which the Euroskeptics should call and exploit to the full, in order to destroy the entire edifice.

The sad thing about the gamma is that he neither knows himself nor his enemies. That is why he is, per Sun Tzu, destined for repeated failure:
YOU'RE answering ME, but it is *I* who engage in the detestable gamma behavior of never letting things go or lashing back - and since when are you known for letting go or refraining from lashing back? I get it. When you do it, it's super duper genius rhetoric alpha Aristotle stuff, when anyone else, why, it's a gamma. 
Yes, you are indeed a gamma male. No, you clearly don't get it. Let's consider the facts.
  • I very seldom write about Aaron or pay any attention to his activities. Even when I did, recently, he was not the topic at hand. The battle on A Game of Thrones was.
  • Aaron frequently opines about me and my various activities, as a search of File 770's comments will demonstrate.
  • Aaron is here commenting repeatedly on my blog. That's fine, but the point is, he came here to do it because he is still feeling butthurt about his risible defense of the LEEEROY JENKINS strategy in the Stark-Bolton battle. His response was so predictable that another game-savvy reader even predicted it.
  • I often respond to critics who comment on this blog. That was not a unique event.
  • I let go of most attacks directed at me. As numerous critics who comment here can testify, I don't even reply to most of them, let alone lash back at all of them. Moreover, I am quite willing to let bygones be bygones, as numerous commenters with whom I have had differences in the past can also testify.
Unlike the gamma, I don't dwell upon past injuries and insults, licking my wounds and biding my time until an opportunity to lash back presents itself. Nor do I feel any need to reinterpret past defeats as victories, or pretend to myself and others that my failures are successes. I don't pretend to understand why gammas behave in this way, but I have observed the pattern of behavior often enough to be able to reliably predict it. Since most male SF-SJWs are gammas, it's not hard to anticipate their reactions to any given stimulus.

UPDATE: Oh dear. Timing, it seems, is everything.
Aaron: It is masculine to admit when you're wrong. Just very few people do it, and certainly not vox.

Two hours ago on Twitter:

Supreme Dark Lord ‏@voxday
Daikatana was, like my Rebel Moon designs, too ambitious for its own good.

John Romero ‏@romero
it wasn't an ambitious design that was Daikatana's problem

Supreme Dark Lord ‏@voxday
I stand corrected.

Labels: , ,

389 Comments:

1 – 200 of 389 Newer› Newest»
Blogger praetorian June 30, 2016 1:42 PM  

He sure types a lot. Sounds like some of the coked-up jews I dealt with in the philosophy department at Cal.

Wish I had understood the dialectic/rhetoric distinction back then. I just assumed everyone was arguing in good faith.

Blogger dc.sunsets June 30, 2016 1:47 PM  

The concept of simply being above the fray seems not to occur to some people. There are plenty of times a man who is secure in his convictions simply shrugs and does something of higher value than engage with fools.

Blogger VD June 30, 2016 1:54 PM  

The concept of simply being above the fray seems not to occur to some people.

Oh, it occurs to them. In fact, pretending to be above it is a standard Gamma pose. But they can never maintain it for long. See: Scalzi.

Anonymous Broken Arrow June 30, 2016 1:54 PM  

Prediction: Aaron will be back on file 770 looking for sympathy now and making the case he's right about Vox again.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan June 30, 2016 2:01 PM  

A little bitch boy running back to the mommies of the left, what a joke. If their little safe space blogs and message boards did not have tight moderation they would all commit suicide, they're a total joke.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan June 30, 2016 2:02 PM  

Its long been my contention that two fairly intelligent shitlords per libtard internet outlet the war would be over in a year.

Blogger Myles June 30, 2016 2:05 PM  

If you want these milk sops to leave you alone, you should stop running such tight disqualification game on them. How can creatures so throughly feminized resist?

Anonymous K June 30, 2016 2:08 PM  

Unsolicited and rather bitchy advice ("Vox is playing you") may be more effective if not accompanied with a high-pitched whine and a perceptible sense of tantrum ("Pay attention to meeeee!"). May be.

Anonymous Alexander June 30, 2016 2:11 PM  

Things that don't count:

1. Tariffs on nuclear reactors.
2. Referendums to withdraw from EU that win <60% of vote.
3. Admitting you were wrong about a video game

Further results pending...

Blogger Ben Cohen June 30, 2016 2:18 PM  

Isn't re-framing an effective technique to cope with life? It's the second chapter of Gorilla Mindset.

How is what the Gamma doing different than re-framing?

Blogger VD June 30, 2016 2:23 PM  

How is what the Gamma doing different than re-framing?

He fails to admit or accept or learn from his failure. He's not re-framing, he's doubling down.

Anonymous Elipe June 30, 2016 2:23 PM  

The nerd is jealous that the jock who shoves him into a locker every day at school not only gets the hot chicks, but also is popular enough to have followers.

And incidentally, we followers of said jock pointed and laughed at the nerd when the jock de-pantsed him in front of the prom crowd.

"What? No he didn't de-pants me! No, I don't have a micropenis!"

Anonymous Aaron June 30, 2016 2:25 PM  

This post is such a gigantic clusterfuck of irony and decrying in othets what you're doing (you rarely lash out and are above the fray but devote an entire post to denouncing me? I can't even...I just...) that it is awe inspiring in its audacity and calm confidence in the idiocy of your readers.

Vox you dark genius, you are trolling your own idiot commenters! And they're lapping ot up (shinsmon, u around?)

Gotta a flight to catch but -

For someone with a "verified" IQ (by whom lol? I'm a "verified" space alien) of over 145, it's odd that you never seem to have heard of assorative mating - dude, smart people are NOT mixing with the low IQ newcomers.

*facepalm*

Well, I gotta run. Perhaps I'll prove myself "above the frat" tomm by writing a million replues, cause that's how it's done, right? Bit sinehow, no doubt, if I REALLY walked away from tjhe figjht, it would just be me being a gamma right :) Because Aristotle.

Catch you 'tards tomm when I have more time....

Blogger The Gray Man June 30, 2016 2:29 PM  

Aaron, I am shocked you ever don't have time. You type a lot and often.

Blogger Cluebat Vanexodar June 30, 2016 2:29 PM  

Sounds like The Donald read your book: “Whatever you do, don’t apologize."

Blogger Matthew June 30, 2016 2:30 PM  

@13

Poe's Law in effect

Can't tell if that's teh real Aaron or a mocker.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 30, 2016 2:32 PM  

Secret King wins again!
Don't mince too hard Aaron, you might twist an ankle.

Blogger VD June 30, 2016 2:33 PM  

(you rarely lash out and are above the fray but devote an entire post to denouncing me? I can't even...I just...)

Aaron, think about how many times you have attacked or criticized me. Then compare that to how many times I have responded to you. There is no contradiction to the statement that I rarely lash out and the fact that I have written a single post responding to a few of your many statements about me.

Nor have I ever claimed to be above the fray. I rather enjoy wading into it.

For someone with a "verified" IQ (by whom lol? I'm a "verified" space alien) of over 145, it's odd that you never seem to have heard of assorative mating - dude, smart people are NOT mixing with the low IQ newcomers.

Verified by Mensa, the College Board and the National Merit Scholarship Corporation.

"Seem". Gamma tell.

Anonymous Dillon June 30, 2016 2:39 PM  

Once you've talked to one of these guys, you've talked to them all. Their sad condescending sophistry is so predictable.

Anonymous WaterBoy June 30, 2016 2:39 PM  

Is a double-down on a double-down called a quadruple-down?

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 30, 2016 2:42 PM  

WaterBoy wrote:Is a double-down on a double-down called a quadruple-down?
It's a gamma-down

Anonymous Broken Arrow June 30, 2016 2:45 PM  

Aaron won't forget this. Ever. Nor will he ever forgive Vox for this.

Blogger dh June 30, 2016 2:48 PM  

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching Scalzi ignore you into irrelevance, and I am continuing to enjoy Aaron argue himself into an ever small box.

Anonymous DDT June 30, 2016 2:49 PM  

I can't even...I just...

So am I wrong in regarding the above as a strong gamma tell? I never see anyone but the most cucked out Bernie supporters using language like this among men.

Blogger J June 30, 2016 2:51 PM  

OT: Vox, are those economic (or astronomy) lectures you proposed a few weeks ago still in the works? With the fallout from the EU, I need some tools for proper thought.

Anonymous Aaron June 30, 2016 2:52 PM  

Your blog really is just empty rhetoric isn't it? There's nothing behind the tactics, the games, it's all empty right? Just a bid for power, endless trolling. And your readers truly are unaware. Dark Lord - its your little ironic joke on your readers isn't it?

A hollow man, truly. "gammas always double down, but I'm always right" - it should be your epitaph :)

It is the quintessence of your trolling...perhaps your best invention...


Anonymous WaterBoy June 30, 2016 2:55 PM  

Aaron @29: "Your blog really is just empty rhetoric isn't it?"

(He says in a comment laden with naught but empty rhetoric....)

Blogger Cataline Sergius June 30, 2016 2:56 PM  

Miss your flight Aaron?

Blogger The Gray Man June 30, 2016 2:56 PM  

At 2:25 PM, Aaron said he is in a hurry because he has a plane to catch.

At 2:52 PM, he has another reply.

Blogger VD June 30, 2016 2:58 PM  

Well, I gotta run.

And yet, he's back already. I'm sure we are all surprised.

Your blog really is just empty rhetoric isn't it? There's nothing behind the tactics, the games, it's all empty right? Just a bid for power, endless trolling. And your readers truly are unaware. Dark Lord - its your little ironic joke on your readers isn't it?

No. No. And no, I don't crave power; I have repeatedly turned it down. And no, I value and respect my readers. The fact that you are striking poses and postures does not mean everyone else is too.

Your problem, Aaron, is that you neither value nor respect yourself. Nor does anyone else, because you do not behave in a manner worthy of respect. Sure, some of your fellow SJWs pretend to do so, but you know perfectly well that they are only pretending.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 30, 2016 2:58 PM  

Aaaaaand.. Aaron comes flouncing back

Dance, monkey, dance!

Lookit the dancing monkey!

Blogger VD June 30, 2016 2:59 PM  

(He says in a comment laden with naught but empty rhetoric....)

Third Law. SJWs Always Project.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 30, 2016 3:00 PM  

Oh, c'mon Vox, I'm starting to feel sorry for the little fuckwit. Let him go.

Oh wait, no I'm not. Carry on.

Anonymous DT June 30, 2016 3:04 PM  

I think I'm very smart. And you're dumb. I'm easily smarter than most people on this blog, including Vox. Vox said something pretty stupid...

Did anyone else spit up their drink while laughing at this? All I could do was imagine Strong from Fallout 4 saying the following:

Me smart. You dumb. You dumb like Vox dumb. Vox big dumb dumb. Me...me very, very smart. Smarter than all the smart people. Smarter than Vox.

Blogger professorastro June 30, 2016 3:04 PM  

@Aaron - "I'm smart. I'm from Hollywood."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bAQg-zWmsI

"I can't even...I just...) that it is awe inspiring in its audacity and calm confidence in the idiocy of your readers."

You employ the rhetoric of a woman.

Blogger VD June 30, 2016 3:04 PM  

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching Scalzi ignore you into irrelevance

My favorite thing is the way he stopped posting his Whatever traffic right after I passed him by. Not that I don't know what it is.... This year's comparison is going to be particularly laughable; it's not even one-fifth of mine now.

I wonder if he'll stop writing after my book sales pass his too? Assuming, of course, that he is still even writing anything these days.

Anonymous basementhomebrewer June 30, 2016 3:06 PM  

Aaron wrote:Your blog really is just empty rhetoric isn't it? There's nothing behind the tactics, the games, it's all empty right? Just a bid for power, endless trolling. And your readers truly are unaware. Dark Lord - its your little ironic joke on your readers isn't it?

A hollow man, truly. "gammas always double down, but I'm always right" - it should be your epitaph :)

It is the quintessence of your trolling...perhaps your best invention...



Thought you had a plane to catch? I am guessing that is your attempt at making us think you aren't writing these posts from your mother's basement. Some one appears to care an awful lot about what a bunch of "idiots" think about him.

Blogger James Dixon June 30, 2016 3:06 PM  

I do believe I'd take game design correction from Romero myself. :)

Anonymous Alexander June 30, 2016 3:08 PM  

2018: After a heart-to-heart with my bo-... I mean, my wife, I have decided to stop writing so that I might spend more time with my lawn.

Blogger jaericho June 30, 2016 3:12 PM  

Did anyone else spit up their drink while laughing at this? All I could do was imagine Strong from Fallout 4 saying the following:

Me smart. You dumb. You dumb like Vox dumb. Vox big dumb dumb. Me...me very, very smart. Smarter than all the smart people. Smarter than Vox.


I was thinking of the ST:TNG: We are strong! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7FNCdQ_ar0

Blogger VD June 30, 2016 3:15 PM  

I do believe I'd take game design correction from Romero myself. :)

Not the first time. He's the one who convinced me to focus on design rather than producing.

Blogger The Deuce June 30, 2016 3:17 PM  

VD:

"I don't pretend to understand why gammas behave in this way..."

I'm pretty sure it's down to feelings of inadequacy that they're trying to rationalize away. They have to constantly lie to themselves with delusions of greatness to compensate and feel okay about themselves, and because of that their sense of self-worth is incredibly fragile and hangs from a narrow thread of lies. Accepting ANY sort of failure or shortcoming on their own part is enough to shatter the illusions holding their psyches together and send them into a depressive tailspin.

Because of that, anything that wounds their pride will gnaw at them, and will cause them to obsess over it in hopes of finding a way to get revenge and restore their sense of self-worth.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan June 30, 2016 3:20 PM  

Out of compassion Aaron could be pointed to Delta Man's series on escaping Gammatude

Blogger Noah B June 30, 2016 3:20 PM  

Aaron, you can always threaten not to have sex with the Ilk. Anyone who does that wins the argument by default.

Anonymous Samson J. June 30, 2016 3:27 PM  

"Seem". Gamma tell.

I still can't see this at all. Besides VD's use of the word in the OP, which was obviously a different linguistic context, there is at least one other commenter (dc.sunsets) who used the word, in more or less the same fashion, and I can't see that it reflects badly on him.

Blogger praetorian June 30, 2016 3:27 PM  

Secret king is secret...

Blogger Ingot9455 June 30, 2016 3:30 PM  

And to not even know the etymology of calling Vox the Supreme Dark Lord. It is to sigh. I might even say 'sigh' aloud like Aaron's Most Worshipful One.

It's really sad when a Gamma doesn't even know how to Gamma right.

Anonymous A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents June 30, 2016 3:31 PM  

Because of that, anything that wounds their pride will gnaw at them…

Pridefulness, or false pride, is part of the Gamma’s problem, the same as it’s part of most women’s problems. It is obvious that Gammas tend to be feminized / feminine, it is an axiom yet?

Are there more Gammas now than before, or are they just much more obvious? Either way, the cult of victim plus the feminized K-12 schools is a yuge factor.

Blogger Were-Puppy June 30, 2016 3:33 PM  

@18 VD

"Seem". Gamma tell.
---

Yipe! I use that word sometimes, hope I'm not a gamma!

Blogger Noah B June 30, 2016 3:34 PM  

"Seem" is used by gammas to provide cover for dishonesty. It's their hedge against being called out on a lie or mistake, so they cannot be shown to be wrong. All subconscious, probably.

Anonymous Aaron June 30, 2016 3:34 PM  

No one has offered you power, Vox, because you are unworthy of it. In the real world, it takes a bit more than "rhetoric", your only, sad, weapon.

You boast of an impossible to verify over the Internet IQ because you have no confidence in your intelligence appearing through your writing.

It is one of the most obvious, and saddest, tactics there are. Smart people let their words speak for themselves.

I cannot blame you not having the confidence to do so.

Your IQ is at best 120, and probably 115. We both know this is true. Your vanity about your intelligence is childish, touching, and sad.

You seek to make a virtue of "rhetoric", by which you actually mean sophistry, because you can't argue.

Basically, you're a man of no substance, of medium intellect, who would have made a fine depth store manager.

But on the interwebz you get to be so much more - you get to be Dark Lord with a "verified" IQ of just about Einstein level IQ :)

Being a man of no substance you are only able to exist on the level of tactics and games, and try hard to convince yourself this is "true" superiority.

Your life is hollow, and your talents below your vanity, so you retreat to games.

A sad waste for someone who could have been a fine depth store manager.

Adios muchacho!


Blogger Were-Puppy June 30, 2016 3:34 PM  

@20 WaterBoy
Is a double-down on a double-down called a quadruple-down?
---

Presenting, the KFC Double Down Chicken Sandwich
https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.geekosystem.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2010%2F04%2Fdouble-down-sandwich.jpg&f=1

Blogger Ingot9455 June 30, 2016 3:34 PM  

@45 The gamma tell of the word 'seem' goes like this:

"What you seem to be saying is... (a restatement of his opponent's point that is opposite to the real point made as well as being clearly stupid, thus creating a straw man that is easy to refute. Usually it's also conveniently racist, for bonus accusation)."

Blogger weka June 30, 2016 3:36 PM  

@51. Dear Hobbit, have you forgotten the words of Samwise? "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and full of anger"

Yes, from memory. No, if you want to go full nerdmoron you can go look it up.

Blogger Noah B June 30, 2016 3:37 PM  

"Adios muchacho!"

I think he means it this time.

Blogger Ingot9455 June 30, 2016 3:38 PM  

I'll have to tell the generals of the world that tactics don't lead to 'true superiority.'

I'll have to let Eric Berne, author of 'Games People Play', know that people don't play games, and this doesn't lead to 'true superiority.'

On that note, ISIS's various terrorist attacks, killing over a hundred in the middle of densely populated cities of the enemy within the past few weeks; clearly prove that they are losing, and desperate, and powerless. It's just a game that they are playing, a mere tactic, and it can never lead to 'true superiority.'

Anonymous Nathan June 30, 2016 3:40 PM  

So, odds that Aaron comes back yet again to try to have the last word?

I'm going with 100%.

Anonymous Vaudois June 30, 2016 3:40 PM  

I'm starting to think Aaron is lambda...

Anonymous WaterBoy June 30, 2016 3:40 PM  

Aaron @51: "Smart people let their words speak for themselves.
.
.
.
depth store manager
"


I'm just gonna leave that there.

Anonymous SWW June 30, 2016 3:41 PM  

VD: "I wonder if he'll stop writing after my book sales pass his too? Assuming, of course, that he is still even writing anything these days."

Are you close? I thought you recently commented that he sells 10x your number, but maybe I misread. It was on a relatively recent post (last couple of months).

Blogger JDC June 30, 2016 3:42 PM  

Adios muchacho!

You keep expressing this desire...

I don't think it means what you think it means.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 30, 2016 3:43 PM  

Nathan wrote:So, odds that Aaron comes back yet again to try to have the last word?

I'm going with 100%.


If you read Vox's replies, you will see that Vox is psychologically poking the hamster that thinks it's a polar bear.

Aaron has to respond. It's not a choice.

Anonymous lastRedoubt June 30, 2016 3:43 PM  

@27 WaterBoy

he is so predictable... but then, third law.

@28 Cataline Sergius , @29 The Gray man

- wait for it... something about airport wifi, tablet, or smartphone.

Absolutely NOT constantly checking in to see if we finally care. When he simply could have waited.

Blogger JDC June 30, 2016 3:43 PM  

I'm starting to think Aaron is lambda...

A medicated lambda, or insulin-dependent gamma who's had too many skittles.

Blogger Lazarus June 30, 2016 3:44 PM  

Someone needs to see a psychiatrist.

Blogger Feather Blade June 30, 2016 3:44 PM  

Noah B wrote:"Adios muchacho!"

I think he means it this time.


I don't know about that... has he threatened to move to Canada yet? That would indicate that he's totes serious guyz.

Blogger teh y June 30, 2016 3:45 PM  

@51 Adios muchacho!

Oh dear...

Aaron, darling, you've really done it now. What will you do if you need to reply?

On the other hand, maybe a declaration of this caliber is the only way you could force yourself to abandon the argument? If so, nice self-manipulation, but consider developing the mental fortitude necessary to do so without needing such tricks.

Blogger Ingot9455 June 30, 2016 3:45 PM  

If Aaron was lambda, he'd have better dress sense.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 30, 2016 3:45 PM  

"I'll never have sex with you!!!" screamed Aaron as he unbuttoned his pants.

Blogger praetorian June 30, 2016 3:46 PM  

Holy shit this is awesome.

Anonymous BGKB June 30, 2016 3:47 PM  

Aaron: It is masculine to admit when you're wrong. Just very few people do it

Good thing we have him to define manliness for us.

Things that don't count: Everyone on the left knows genetics don't count.

Aaron, I am shocked you ever don't have time...coked-up jews...micropenis

No one told me to be strong yet?

dude, smart people are NOT mixing with the low IQ newcomers.

Google search (white couple) to see (((juice))) pushing the dindu

I never see anyone but the most cucked out Bernie supporters using language like this among men.

Consider yourself lucky

Aaron said he is in a hurry because he has a plane to catch. At 2:52 PM, he has another reply.

If he is at the airport & we can cause him to have a breakdown he will have trouble flying afterwards.

Blogger VD June 30, 2016 3:47 PM  

No one has offered you power, Vox, because you are unworthy of it. In the real world, it takes a bit more than "rhetoric", your only, sad, weapon.

Actually, they wanted to groom me for Congress.

You boast of an impossible to verify over the Internet IQ because you have no confidence in your intelligence appearing through your writing.

Political Philosophy bestsellers

1. Plato
2. Vox Day

I always enjoy the flailing-desperately-about stage. They will say almost anything, no matter how obviously ridiculous.

Aaron, we already know you're not very bright. There is no need for you to humiliate yourself like this.

Blogger VD June 30, 2016 3:49 PM  

Are you close? I thought you recently commented that he sells 10x your number, but maybe I misread.

No. That's correct.

Blogger Noah B June 30, 2016 3:50 PM  

"Actually, they wanted to groom me for Congress."

Sure, but that's what they tell all of the pages in exchange for their silence. You were wise to refuse.

Anonymous JN June 30, 2016 3:50 PM  

@51 Adios muchacho!
Racist!

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 30, 2016 3:50 PM  

BGKB wrote:No one told me to be strong yet?

Are you surprised Steve? Obviously no one thinks you'd be attracted. I mean, who could be?

Anonymous VFM #8671 June 30, 2016 3:52 PM  

The Supreme Dark Lord is always quick to admit error when legitimate. Honestly, it's been a very good example for me as ex-Gamma, to learn how to properly concede an argument and avoid doubling down. Aaron would be well advised to do likewise.

It sounds easy to anyone not accustomed to doing it, but believe me when I say that for a Gamma, it is very difficult to disconnect your personal ego from the topic at hand. Everything is wrapped around their Secret King status. So I understand Aaron's predicament but it's time for him to nut up and join reality.

OpenID basementhomebrewer June 30, 2016 3:53 PM  

The break down is truly epic. The fact that every reply has a little worse grammar and spelling is almost unbelievable. You can actually see him getting more emotional with every post.

Anonymous LastRedoubt June 30, 2016 3:53 PM  

@AAr(p)on

You boast of an impossible to verify over the Internet IQ because you have no confidence in your intelligence appearing through your writing.


You know the saying about bottoms of holes and stop digging?

You conclusively prove you couldn't recognize "Intelligence appearing through writing" if it walked up to you, forced you on your knees, and pissed in your eyes.

Blogger Were-Puppy June 30, 2016 3:54 PM  

Remember the old saying,

Internet, Seriouz Bizness

Blogger praetorian June 30, 2016 3:55 PM  

You can actually see him getting more emotional with every post.

Part of me wonders if we are all being double-secret trolled here.

OpenID luciussomesuch June 30, 2016 3:58 PM  

As a kindness, let's try and offer Aaron 5 or 7 additional IQ points, gratis:

"No one has offered you power, Vox, because you are unworthy of it. In the real world, [attaining it requires] more than mere "rhetoric", your [sole], sad weapon.

You boast of an impossible-to-verify [sic]IQ because you have no confidence your intelligence [appears] through your writing.

[This] is one of the most obvious, and sad, [of] tactics. Smart people let their words speak for [them].

I cannot blame you [for] not having the confidence to do so.

Your IQ is at best 120, and probably 115 [lolz!]. We both know this is true. Your vanity about your intelligence is childish, [yet] touching and sad.

You seek to make a virtue of "rhetoric", by which you mean [mere]sophistry, because you [cannot] argue.

Basically, you're a man of no substance [and modest]intellect, who [might] have made a fine [department] store manager.

But on the interwebz you [can be] so much more[!] - you get to be [a] Dark Lord with a "verified" IQ of just about Einstein level IQ :) [redundancy, followed by emoticon--delete!]

Being a man of no substance you are only able to [perform] on the level of [game tactics?--I think Aaron's mixing categories here], and [struggle] to convince yourself this [constitutes] true "superiority".

Your life is hollow, and your talents [inadequate to/fall short of] your vanity, so you retreat [into] games.

A sad waste for someone who could have been a fine depth store manager. [ed.: You said that already, Aaron, and it's just as stupid the 2nd time around. Also, is the keypad breaking your fingers when you try to type out 'department'? Or are you too young to remember department stores and actually think they were located under the sea?]

[Au revoir, mes enfants!]

--There! I think we've just redpenciled Aaron from community college straight to State U Master's program in Communications Studies! Leibniz IQ level, here Aaron comes!

Anonymous LastRedoubt June 30, 2016 4:00 PM  

@ luciussomesuch

Well done

Anonymous WaterBoy June 30, 2016 4:00 PM  

Aaron @51: "you are only able to exist on the level of tactics and games, and try hard to convince yourself this is "true" superiority."

Hey, if it's true enough for some of the top military schools in the US today....

Blogger JimR June 30, 2016 4:09 PM  

Never have I seen a more perfect example of 'call a fool, and he appears' than this post.

Vox nailed it, and Aaron keeps on following the three laws of SJWs to a T.

Anonymous WaterBoy June 30, 2016 4:12 PM  

luciussomesuch @81: "Also, is the keypad breaking your fingers when you try to type out 'department'?"

* WARNING - SPOILERS AHEAD *

The response to this -- after his plane has landed, of course -- will be that it's "stupid autocorrect" while using voice-to-text.

And everyone knows the correct rhetorical responses back to that, yes, of course?

Anonymous Aaron June 30, 2016 4:12 PM  

I feel like I've been an idiot and been well trolled here. I am a fool.

You really aren't bright, and you really have no substance.

Its not an act. Its terrifyingly true.

Everything you do is meant to disguise that you have no substance.

Of course you are going to say illogical things and refuse to own up.

And in your world, what youre doing doing is true superiority. You truly believe that this kind of behavior is superior.

You "WIN" by losing - by wasting endless time being inane, you trap others in your inanity, and feel like you've "won".

By saying illogical things, you get smart people wasting their time trying to correct you. If you tried to make an intelligent point, youd be ignored, because you dont really have substance.

Thats the game in a nutshell, and I fell right into it.

What a colossal fool I am.

lol.

Not with a bang, but a whimper....


Blogger James Dixon June 30, 2016 4:14 PM  

> What a colossal fool I am.

Well, you got that right at least.

Blogger teh y June 30, 2016 4:14 PM  

I'd like to point out that I wasn't concern-trolling with my earlier comment. Well, looks like Aaron made a real fool of himself.

On the other hand, imagine if this guy is just some random troll? That might be some top 5 misdirection right there.

Blogger John Williams June 30, 2016 4:15 PM  

If Aaron keeps this up, he'll win a McArthur Wheeler award.

Blogger Noah B June 30, 2016 4:16 PM  

It's OK guys. He still might have sex with us.

Blogger VD June 30, 2016 4:17 PM  

You "WIN" by losing - by wasting endless time being inane, you trap others in your inanity, and feel like you've "won".

Third Law of SJW.

By saying illogical things, you get smart people wasting their time trying to correct you. If you tried to make an intelligent point, youd be ignored, because you dont really have substance.

Vox's First Law.

Blogger praetorian June 30, 2016 4:23 PM  

Its not an act. Its terrifyingly true.

Terrifying? Us?

OpenID luciussomesuch June 30, 2016 4:25 PM  

There IS a touch of Dr. Tingle in the way Aaron spins his verbal web out of the same select silken threads of 'substance' and 'superiority'.

Is this a hollow man-- or a DEVILMAN?

Anonymous VFM #8671 June 30, 2016 4:27 PM  

I feel like I've been an idiot and been well trolled here. I am a fool.

If by trolled you mean taken to school, sure.

You really aren't bright, and you really have no substance.

Vox is many things. Stupid isn't one of them. Insubstantial isn't either. Even his worst enemies know that much.

Its not an act. Its terrifyingly true.

Saying it doesn't make it so. You don't control reality.

Everything you do is meant to disguise that you have no substance.

Projection.

Of course you are going to say illogical things and refuse to own up.

I saw him own up to a mistake today. A few hours ago, no less. You either lie, or are exceptionally stupid. Or both.

And in your world, what youre doing doing is true superiority. You truly believe that this kind of behavior is superior.

Superior to what? To you? I dare say, my good Gamma, I have taken craps which rank higher than you, merely because the shit, at least, tells no lies.

You "WIN" by losing - by wasting endless time being inane, you trap others in your inanity, and feel like you've "won".

I, for one, find his dissection of Gammas quite educational and personally helpful. I appreciate that he finds the time to deal with you.

Blogger The Rev June 30, 2016 4:28 PM  

Aaron, serious question here. What would you consider evidence that Vox is intelligent?

As I understand it, you're hung up on minor disagreements on demographic change, medieval strategy, and the ideal rate for men to apologize at. Those three things do not strike me as reliable indicators of brilliance or stupidity.

Are you saying that everyone who disagrees with you on minor details of esoteric topics is an idiot? Because that's an untenable position.

Anonymous bw June 30, 2016 4:33 PM  

Your blog really is just empty rhetoric isn't it? .... you have no substance.... say illogical things....truly believe that this kind of behavior is superior....by wasting endless time being inane, you trap others in your inanity, and feel like you've "won"....smart people wasting their time trying to correct you.... because you dont really have substance

Doesn't qualify for "fighting retreat".
Flailing retreat? Projection personified.
"There is no objective Truth, Metric, or Facts taking place anywhere outside of my desperate ego-need"

Blogger Student in Blue June 30, 2016 4:34 PM  

@BGKB
No one told me to be strong yet?

Well, with the amount of reaming that Aaron's taken during this entire comment section, I think it's safe to say:

Be strong, BGS.

Anonymous WaterBoy June 30, 2016 4:37 PM  

Notice that after Vox posted the update about being corrected, that Aaron STILL hasn't had the balls to man up and admit that HE was wrong?

Man, so much projection all over the place...it's like a freaking Pink Floyd laser light show up in here.

Anonymous LastRedoubt June 30, 2016 4:38 PM  

@AAR(p)on

by wasting endless time being inane, you trap others in your inanity, and feel like you've "won".

Again proving the more subtle points and layers of context, etc. beyond the merely obvious are also beyond you.

Look - by constantly calling what is said around here "inane", etc., by asserting that Vox, etc. do not display their intelligence in their writing, you prove over and over again that you are not only dishonest, but intellectually blind.

They are beyond your perception except in the most base, obvious forms.

You're just too short for our rides, and not mature enough to stay in the yellow painted "safe" lanes.


Anonymous Aaron June 30, 2016 4:40 PM  

And btw, I'm not the Aaron from file 707 or whatevet....

Genius couldn't figure it out lol...

Adios, 'tards..be happy in 'tard land...

Oh, I plan on sticking around and pointing out your frequent and silly illogicities if u don't ban me...a super duper Aristotle alpha like you with a "verified" IQ similar to Einstein who is amazing at "rhetoric" should have no problem dealing with a dastardly, double downing gamma like me who lashes out and all that good stuff..

Hey, you could always just take out entire lengthy posts about me while claiming you REALLY don't care...that's good "rhetoric" :)

Hope it's all good, cause the 'tardation on this site is too good to pass up.

Adios, Aristotle. Or would you prefer Einstein?

Anonymous LastRedoubt June 30, 2016 4:40 PM  

@bw

Flailing retreat?

I like that one. Wonderfully evocative of a gamma trying to fight. Even women at least pull hair.

Anonymous Alexander June 30, 2016 4:42 PM  

What does it profit a gamma to win at the secret internets, if he returns to waiting for his plane to find his chili bowl still empty?

Anonymous basementhomebrewer June 30, 2016 4:42 PM  

The Rev wrote:Aaron, serious question here. What would you consider evidence that Vox is intelligent?

As I understand it, you're hung up on minor disagreements on demographic change, medieval strategy, and the ideal rate for men to apologize at. Those three things do not strike me as reliable indicators of brilliance or stupidity.

Are you saying that everyone who disagrees with you on minor details of esoteric topics is an idiot? Because that's an untenable position.


This is his MO. Check out his long track record on File 770. His opening volley in any argument is almost always a derivative of "You're stupid, shut up."

Anonymous Roundtine June 30, 2016 4:45 PM  

Aaron should make the case for a Japanese land invasion of the West Coast.

Anonymous VFM #8671 June 30, 2016 4:47 PM  

Aaron should make the case for a Japanese land invasion of the West Coast.

A VFM behind every blade of grass.

Blogger Josh June 30, 2016 4:48 PM  

Aaron stop being so gay

Blogger S1AL June 30, 2016 4:48 PM  

"Aaron should make the case for a Japanese land invasion of the West Coast."

The Japanese wrote a sleeping giant. But a real man, he fights giants. That's masculine. Truly masculine. But only giants, not women or men or puppies. Aristotle. Rhetoric. Einstein.

Toodles, r-tards!

Blogger Brian S June 30, 2016 4:49 PM  

http://www.gifbooster.com/wp-content/uploads/4322/michael-jackson-eats-popcorn_78.gif

Anonymous dr kill June 30, 2016 4:50 PM  

I'm a committed atheist. I salute you. Please carry on Sir.

Blogger S1AL June 30, 2016 4:51 PM  

All atheists ought to be committed >.>

Blogger Scott C June 30, 2016 4:53 PM  

Even if all of those things about VD are true, why get upset about them? They're his character flaws. It doesn't make sense to get upset on his behalf. You're not his therapist trying to get him to make a break though.

Anonymous Roundtine June 30, 2016 4:54 PM  

By saying illogical things, you get smart people wasting their time trying to correct you. If you tried to make an intelligent point, youd be ignored, because you dont really have substance.

They're not illogical things, they're shocking things that force you to think about the issue. People who respond emotionally or lack intelligence think they're illogical.

Blogger dc.sunsets June 30, 2016 4:54 PM  

I'll never understand it.

To me, it's self-evident that one should live one's life with an internal focus, always working with what one has and trying to make it better.

Many (most?) people live with an external focus, obsessing about how they are perceived by others. They live, by all appearances, in the mirror of others' eyes (or better, the reflection as produced by their own egotistical illusions.)

My wife and I concluded after discussing this insight that we may have identified why so many people today are on SSRI's/SNRI's and/or are utterly, obviously miserable.

They are addicted to thinking that Nirvana will be found in the next job, the next comment, the next house/apartment, the next relationship...when in fact, the only place they have a prayer of finding happiness is from within.

I feel nothing but pity (not sympathy, pity) for such persons.

Anonymous Faceless June 30, 2016 4:55 PM  

You know, Mussolini would make the planes run on time.

Anonymous JAG June 30, 2016 4:55 PM  

The Deuce posted I'm pretty sure it's down to feelings of inadequacy that they're trying to rationalize away. They have to constantly lie to themselves with delusions of greatness to compensate and feel okay about themselves, and because of that their sense of self-worth is incredibly fragile and hangs from a narrow thread of lies. Accepting ANY sort of failure or shortcoming on their own part is enough to shatter the illusions holding their psyches together and send them into a depressive tailspin.

This is why Gammas gravitate towards leftist bullshit, and become SJWs. Leftist (((philosophy))) is all based upon lies so it is a natural environment for the Gamma.

OpenID luciussomesuch June 30, 2016 4:55 PM  

"We live in 'tard-land,
Oh yes we do--oo!
We don't grok anyone
So smart as yo-ou!
When you're not wi-ith us,
We're through!
Oh Aaron we love you!"

Anonymous basementhomebrewer June 30, 2016 4:56 PM  

Obligatory the plane is fine

Blogger VD June 30, 2016 5:02 PM  

Adios, 'tards..be happy in 'tard land... Oh, I plan on sticking around and pointing out your frequent and silly illogicities if u don't ban me.

Maybe he doesn't know what "adios" means?

Anonymous JAG June 30, 2016 5:03 PM  

#HasAaronLandedYet

Anonymous aeou June 30, 2016 5:04 PM  

I've read too much of Aarons droppings at file770 and this incarnation feels about as stupid. It is much more verbose than calm Aaron but if you goaded him he would write more. I say 70/30 that it is f770-Aaron.

You got him to deny his own identity in a few hours. And I thought I knew how to troll. Masterful.

Anonymous Grime Knight June 30, 2016 5:06 PM  

@100 Oh, I plan on sticking around and pointing out your frequent and silly illogicities if u don't ban me

"But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Vox Day."

Anonymous basementhomebrewer June 30, 2016 5:07 PM  

aeou wrote:I've read too much of Aarons droppings at file770 and this incarnation feels about as stupid. It is much more verbose than calm Aaron but if you goaded him he would write more. I say 70/30 that it is f770-Aaron.

You got him to deny his own identity in a few hours. And I thought I knew how to troll. Masterful.



Waiting for his super secret king reveal next week where he says

"HA, HA, I really was Aaron from File 770 all along! You 'Tards couldn't tell because you are so 'Tarded"

Blogger Noah B June 30, 2016 5:09 PM  

Aaron be like...

Anonymous VFM #6306 June 30, 2016 5:11 PM  

Well done Aaron. Haven't seen such a successful rearguard action since Corporal Lafontaine seized initiative and blew up the Elster Bridge.

Blogger Brian S June 30, 2016 5:14 PM  

how long until Aaron claims to actually be Vox?

Anonymous VFM #8671 June 30, 2016 5:15 PM  

This debate reminds me of old Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STeVTzWelns

Blogger Were-Puppy June 30, 2016 5:16 PM  

This Aaron seems familiar. I wonder if Xhe wrote the following book ?

https://www.amazon.com/Scalzi-Popular-Author-Myself-Quite-ebook/dp/B014JSBP7A/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1467321229&sr=8-4&keywords=sjws+always+lie#nav-subnav

Anonymous Bosch2000 June 30, 2016 5:17 PM  

"Of course you are going to say illogical things and refuse to own up."

I meant to write about this the other day in the last thread on Aaron but work became too hectic: the most common accusation the highly-intelligent will hear from midwits (95-115) is that of being 'illogical' or 'insane'.

This is the Communication Gulf in action - 30 IQ points in difference between two parties.

If a higher IQ party expresses their logical, well-reasoned thoughts at their natural level language, using abstract concepts and observed realities as supporting evidence, only people with in 15 IQ points of that party will truly-understand their point.

Once it becomes between 15-30 IQ points difference, comprehension errors start appearing. You'll visibly-see confusion on people's faces - what I think of as the 45-degree-angle tilt of a dog's head. This is the cue for the Intelligent Person to start breaking their thought down into a series of easier-to-grasp steps and to lead the listener to each one in succession so they can understand the eventual conclusion.

Once you pass 30 IQ points, it's impossible to communicate in your natural language. The less-intelligent person's mind simply-doesn't possess the horsepower or capacity for abstract thought and they seem to respond as if you are a threat: no-matter how well-reasoned your argument, all they will hear is insanity. You are raving 'nonsense' like a madman.

Of course, to the higher intelligence, everything the lower intelligence says will seem like Mental Retardation. You'll see the obvious flaws in their logic, and the social insecurities and psychological issues they use to prop up their false conclusions. I suspect this is why this threat response doesn't appear in the more highly-intelligent when confronted by a superior intellect, because we recognise that we have to 'dumb ourselves down' on a daily basis depending on the audience, so understand that others might be doing the same thing. Midwits lack those social graces, and will wield their supposed intellectual-superiority as a club to put all their 'inferiors' in their place.

This is why Aaron strikes everyone as amusing: he believes he's a genius, because he's incapable of comprehending higher intelligence, and when he gets glimpses of it, he thinks its a witch to burnt at the stake. (I'm not amused by him. By this stage of my life, I've learnt to despise Gammas and their tedious bullshit, their delusional reality, and the slimy techniques the use believing it will ingratiate them towards women).

It's only 30 IQ points between Normal and Retarded, and, realistically, the perception of Retardation exists on a sliding scale.

Blogger Geoff martin June 30, 2016 5:18 PM  

No one has offered you power, Vox, because you are unworthy of it. In the real world, it takes a bit more than "rhetoric", your only, sad, weapon.

To unlock the sentence, translate "Vox" as "Aaron."



It is one of the most obvious, and saddest, tactics there are. Smart people let their words speak for themselves.


The irony here is glorious. "Words speak for themselves." Also here's my 4th post trying to desperately convince myself that I haven't been publicly humiliated.

You seek to make a virtue of "rhetoric", by which you actually mean sophistry, because you can't argue.

What do you mean by "Sophistry" here and what relation does it have to "Rhetoric?" Term definitions.

Basically, you're a man of no substance, of medium intellect, who would have made a fine depth store manager.

SJW's always project.

Your life is hollow, and your talents below your vanity, so you retreat to games.
Pure projection. "Your life is hollow" is a classic line of insecurity and self-loathing.

Blogger Brian S June 30, 2016 5:19 PM  

This debate reminds me of old Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius

Nice, lol! I was thinking this...

http://i.makeagif.com/media/8-06-2015/c3FDP1.gif

Blogger Cataline Sergius June 30, 2016 5:24 PM  

The hilarious part is that Aaron, the certified cosmic alien space genius, knows he's predictable

And he still can't stop himself from fulfilling the predictions.

Anonymous JAG June 30, 2016 5:26 PM  

Two of the steps of total Gamma destruction in an internet debate are to accuse the victor of "having no life". Aaron has already used that so the next step after more of this beating continues is to claim he's dying of some horrible illness, and the are all subhuman meanies for picking on someone in such a state. I've had more than one Gamma pull that with me on forums ranging in topics from sports teams to video games, and naturally, to politics.

Anonymous JAG June 30, 2016 5:28 PM  

"the are all subhuman..."

"the" should be "we".

Blogger Ingot9455 June 30, 2016 5:40 PM  

@128 This, of course, is part of Trump's brilliance. When he's speaking to the whole American people, he speaks at a 4th grade level - coming down those 30-45 IQ points and breaking things down into easily recognized thoughts. When he's speaking to North Dakota energy workers, he speaks at another level entirely, and when speaking to AIPAC, he speaks at a third level, similar in intellect but different in character - less concrete than energy-workers and engineers, more conceptual.

Blogger The Deuce June 30, 2016 5:41 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger The Deuce June 30, 2016 5:43 PM  

Adios, 'tards..be happy in 'tard land...

But what will we do, deprived of your insightful commenta-

Oh, I plan on sticking around

Oh, thank God.

Blogger ZhukovG June 30, 2016 5:46 PM  

What a fascinating thread, by all means Aaron keep posting, it is quite an education. Though perhaps not as you would wish.

Apologies if this has covered elsewhere. But it seems that the Gamma is the diametric opposite of the Sigma. Vox being a Sigma, if memory serves, seems to attract the hostile attention of Gammas to a degree beyond what I would think reasonable, even given Vox’s position as one of the spokesmen for the Alt-Right.



I wonder if the other social hierarchical classifications also have their opposites?

Anonymous WaterBoy June 30, 2016 5:48 PM  

"Aaron" @100: "silly illogicities"

Hey, look! The liar finally figured out how to turn off autocorrect!

Unfortunately, his spelling ability is now worse.

Anonymous Broken Arrow June 30, 2016 5:49 PM  

Cataline Sergius wrote:The hilarious part is that Aaron, the certified cosmic alien space genius, knows he's predictable

And he still can't stop himself from fulfilling the predictions.


This infuriates the Gamma too, as they think they are so brilliant as to be unpredictable. Anyone who watches a Gamma a few times can predict their next move with surprising accuracy.

Anonymous SaltHarvest June 30, 2016 5:51 PM  

Aaron does a rather shabby Vox Day impression if I do say so myself...

Wonder what other feats of imitation he has accomplished.

Anonymous SciVo June 30, 2016 5:53 PM  

DDT wrote:I can't even...I just...

So am I wrong in regarding the above as a strong gamma tell? I never see anyone but the most cucked out Bernie supporters using language like this among men.


Technically it's a CogDis tell, so it could happen to anyone; but the feeling is more likely if you have a poor mental model of reality, and any self-respecting man would marshal his thoughts into order.

Anonymous Dave Gerrold's 6184th Cabana Boy June 30, 2016 5:54 PM  

"genius rhetoric alpha Aristotle stuff"

The rhetoric vs. dialectic schooling he received must have really sunk in deep.

#soul_shiv

https://memegenerator.net/instance/61632150

Blogger Matthew June 30, 2016 5:55 PM  

Prediction: Aaron is Nate.

Anonymous Electrolite June 30, 2016 5:56 PM  

Unlike the gamma, I don't dwell upon past injuries and insults, licking my wounds and biding my time until an opportunity to lash back presents itself. Nor do I feel any need to reinterpret past defeats as victories, or pretend to myself and others that my failures are successes.

Your entire history with SFWA, John Scalzi, the Nielsen Haydens and the Hugos says differently.

Anonymous Bosch2000 June 30, 2016 5:57 PM  

@134 I grew up poor in a rural, working class area, and this was a tactic I learnt to survive, otherwise, every time I opened my mouth I'd be accused of reading a 'thesaurus' - an eternal accusation beloved of midwits.

On the plus side, the Dunning-Kruger set are very, very easy for the higher IQ to manipulate. Pitch your language at their level. Give them the impression that you think they're smarter than you. Knowing they're too stupid to understand the logical conclusion you want them to draw instantly, break down the conversation into a series of steps you want them to follow and pretend you're asking them advice. At each Necessary Step, do the dog head tilt, and reach for words, like you're trying to verbalise a concept you don't quite understand. Frame it as "I'm not sure but..." or "Do you think...?"

This is when you fire out a shot of Unexpected Genius. Midwits are this bizarre combination of hugely-insecure and arrogant about their intelligence, so favour Intelligent Thought Thievery: the majority of what they talk about is simply someone-else's ideas that sounded 'smart' to them, sometimes-reworded but usually-repeated outright. Hence the popularity of 'Twitter is a private company', 'You can't be racist against white people', etc.

You want them to think your Idea was Smart Enough to Steal, and also that you're too dumb to call them on it. Then you simply lead them along the next step, and the next, and get them to where you need them to be, and they'll think it was their idea all along.

Blogger The Gray Man June 30, 2016 6:07 PM  

As soon as Aaron said he was leaving (again), I kept scrolling down the comments waiting to see his name appear.

He did not disappoint.

This is a good day.

Blogger Noah B June 30, 2016 6:11 PM  

@143

The grammar and spelling are too good.

Anonymous BGKB June 30, 2016 6:15 PM  

Are you surprised Steve? Obviously no one thinks you'd be attracted.

We have not seen a picture, he could be between 18-20 & could be redeemable.

A sad waste for someone who could have been a fine depth store manager.

How much does additional depth in a pool cost?

a super duper Aristotle alpha like you

Is no one going to explain sigma to him?

Aaron stop being so gay

NAFALT- Not All Faggots Are Like That, but a good amount are.

(by whom lol? I'm a "verified" space alien)

Aaron you should quit drinking if you don't like the anal probes.

Blogger SemiSpook37 June 30, 2016 6:19 PM  

I know I'm new here, though I've been reading Vox off and on now for the past few years via other forums (i.e. WND), and I've never gotten the vibe that this dude seems to be attempting to project onto VD here.

It just makes me wonder why stupidity is not as painful as it should be. Son, you need to stop. It's just embarrassing.

Blogger Human Animal June 30, 2016 6:28 PM  

Is no one going to explain sigma to him?

It's right there in the Alpha Game links.

Aaron could benefit from that blog too.

Anonymous Bosch2000 June 30, 2016 6:39 PM  

@137 I have this theory that Gamma Males and Radical Lesbians are - functionally - the same thing, which is why you'll notice they use Female, not Male, tactics of emotional manipulation.

I have another theory that the observable psychological traits of Gammas make them Natural Socialists, which is why Female Gammahood is now being actively-encouraged by the Power Structures.

Blogger weka June 30, 2016 6:43 PM  

You truly hate me if you refer such. Give me nice clean psychosis to manage any day of the werk

Anonymous WaterBoy June 30, 2016 6:46 PM  

Noah B @147: "The grammar and spelling are too good."

Seriously? That's about the only thing that gave Matthew's prediction any credence. That, and the fact that the disjointed thinking might possibly be explained by drinking....

Anonymous VFM #6306 June 30, 2016 6:48 PM  

Daikatana had a marketing problem, and the game simply underdelivered on an offensive promise.

Blogger VD June 30, 2016 6:49 PM  

Your entire history with SFWA, John Scalzi, the Nielsen Haydens and the Hugos says differently.

You're wrong, most likely because you don't know most of it. They started attacking me in 2005. I let it go. They kept attacking me in 2008. I ignored it. John Scalzi flipped out when I criticized a single post of his in 2010, which started that whole thing.

Then everything was more or less quiet until I ran for SFWA President in 2013. Then many SF-SJWs began attacking me in a concerted manner, both in public and in the SFWA Forum. When I finally began to respond to their attacks, they attempted to expel me and the SFWA went through its little charade.

When Scalzi and PNH conspired to attack my SF career in 2013, I decided that I could no longer ignore them, as I had been doing that for eight years to no avail. I have only been actively responding to them for three years, five fewer years than I spent leaving them alone. My blog has passed up Scalzi. Castalia House is already bigger than Scalzi. In the not-too-terribly-distant future, Castalia House will be bigger than Tor Books, publishing more books, selling more units, and paying out more money to its authors.

I'm not licking wounds or dwelling on past injuries or even looking for opportunities to lash out at them. I am patiently, and methodically, going about their destruction and not even death can stop me now; there are multiple organizations dedicated to one simple concept: Tor Delenda Est.

No gamma would ever do that; no gamma could ever do that. Stirring a sigma to action is a very, very bad idea. Because once in motion, he will never even consider stopping.

Blogger Harsh June 30, 2016 6:50 PM  

Does anyone know if Aaron made his flight?

Anonymous SciVo June 30, 2016 6:50 PM  

BGKB wrote:a super duper Aristotle alpha like you

Is no one going to explain sigma to him?


No, it's more fun this way. Because of the Third Law, every detail that he adds to Straw Vox Day just tells us more about himself.

For example, that "department store manager" bit had a scent of bittersweet resignation to the faceless mediocrity of mundane success. I'm calling personal detail.

Anonymous WaterBoy June 30, 2016 6:53 PM  

Stirring a sigma to action is a very, very bad idea.

Blogger jas On June 30, 2016 7:00 PM  

I was curious, with all this talk of iq scores and such, where do you take the test? Is there someplace online to do that? (Yeah, I freely admit to being a dummy, just curious where I would stack up among the midwits)

Anonymous BGKB June 30, 2016 7:06 PM  

Does anyone know if Aaron made his flight?

I wonder if he was in 1st class or coach? ;)

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 30, 2016 7:13 PM  

Prediction: Aaron is Nate.

Hey, now. Keep this civil Matthew. Short of banging your girlfriend, there's little Nate could have done to merit that.

Blogger Ingot9455 June 30, 2016 7:22 PM  

@159 Contact a psychologist who is trained in giving one of the primary IQ tests. If it's for your own personal evaluation you will want the psychologist to do various optional tests. Expect it to take 2-3 hours.

Blogger Human Animal June 30, 2016 7:25 PM  

Stirring a sigma to action is a very, very bad idea.
I was expecting an Internet Aristocrat / Gawker meme.

But not disappointed.

Anonymous EH June 30, 2016 7:35 PM  

Not to get in the way of the entertainment, just want to point out that Vox quite understated the facts when he said: "As the average IQ of the population declines, the number of members of the cognitive elite being born similarly decline."

The bell curve falls off super-exponentially so the decline is far more than proportional. Most Moslem nations have IQs of 85 or less. That makes a Moslem 130 as rare as a Euro 145, a factor of 17 rarer. If the threshold for the cognitive elite is 145, that's a factor of 42 rarer. To a good first approximation, there is no Moslem cognitive elite. Same for Blacks, Mexicans are maybe half a s.d (7 IQ pts.) better.

Even small declines in a nation's mean IQ can virtually wipe out the cognitive elite. (OTOH small gains can multiply it - and big gains should be possible in the next decade from genetic engineering). That's without considering the general impediment to getting anything done caused by having more stupid people, even with the same number of smart ones. It's like making breakfast with the help of small children: more help = more mess and time. No, it's even worse, because you can tell the kid "NO!", but with immigrants they will often be telling the smart people what they ought to be doing, and filing class-action lawsuits and inciting mobs when their idiocy isn't obeyed.

Anonymous SciVo June 30, 2016 7:38 PM  

If you know your SAT or GRE scores, I like this calculator (focus on the Wechsler, ignore the other two). For some links and explanation, go here. For other tests (such as ACT or PSAT), try this.

Anonymous SciVo June 30, 2016 7:41 PM  

That was for @159 jas On.

Anonymous EH June 30, 2016 7:43 PM  

One more: national IQ declining by 0.6 points literally decimates the number of people scoring above 130.

Blogger Matthew June 30, 2016 7:50 PM  

Nate stole my hat, Snidely.

Blogger jas On June 30, 2016 7:52 PM  

Taking a look at the second list I converted my GT score. Roughly 120 iq I think is what it converted to.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 30, 2016 7:53 PM  

Oh.
I didn't realize.
Well then, carry on.

Blogger JACIII June 30, 2016 7:57 PM  

VD wrote:
No gamma would ever do that; no gamma could ever do that. Stirring a sigma to action is a very, very bad idea. Because once in motion, he will never even consider stopping.


This! A thousand times this:It's not the joy of action. It's the resulting ediface.

How many of the ilk have heard themselves referenced thusly? :"He'll eventually get bored and stop." "No. He won't."

When girls have daddy issues they end up on the pole. When boys have daddy issues you get Aaron.

Anonymous fred June 30, 2016 7:59 PM  

Normally I find the typical alpha/sigma vs. gamma smackdowns here almost too sad and painful to be funny (normie vs. sperg smackdowns, OTOH, are typically hilarious), but this one was not only super painful, it was also, unfortunately, incredibly funny. It was almost so textbook, I had a hard time believing this dude was real, it seemed concocted as an illustration of the phenom.

But the guy's language was of a type that would make someone's family members truly worried if they read it. I hope somebody's looking out for him.

Blogger JACIII June 30, 2016 8:00 PM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:Prediction: Aaron is Nate.

Hey, now. Keep this civil Matthew. Short of banging your girlfriend, there's little Nate could have done to merit that.


Ahem. Glock?

Anonymous Aaron June 30, 2016 8:02 PM  

So it's completely different by being exactly the same.

Genius Vox strikes again :)

Of course a gamma could never do that. The same action is pathetic if done by an enemy, glorious if done by vox. Because Aristotle. And "verified" IQ. And "rhetoric".

I don't know about it being so dangerous to stir a sigma...sure they never stop, but what, spitting retardation at you? Actually maybe that is pretty scary :)

Voxcabulary - sigma = someone wishing he were alpha, but very obviously not, making up bullshit categories..

lol.

Anonymous fred June 30, 2016 8:04 PM  

"It's like making breakfast with the help of small children: more help = more mess and time."

Or, you could say it's like giving small children an early education in cooperating and following instructions, family bonding, and teaching them a useful thing like making breakfast.

Nothing is more charming (or delicious) than burnt bacon and ruined eggs served by an excited six-year-old to his parents.

Anonymous krymneth June 30, 2016 8:09 PM  

Protip: The mic drop routine doesn't work if you don't drop the mic and walk away.

Anonymous Aaron June 30, 2016 8:11 PM  

I can see your a typical vox commenter by your complete failure to grasp the situation. Try reading the other post. I showed clearly how your assumptions are wrong.

Or, you can just keep on being stupid. I personally think it's awesome :)

Anonymous Aaron June 30, 2016 8:14 PM  

Still waiting, dude, still waiting.

Highly entertained tho so it's all good. As Gore Vidal said, stupidity excites me.

Keep it coming fast and thick, 'tards!

Anonymous Anon June 30, 2016 8:18 PM  

I thought you were leaving. Back so soon?

Anonymous SaltHarvest June 30, 2016 8:19 PM  

WaterBoy wrote:Stirring a sigma to action is a very, very bad idea.



Oedipus fucked his mom aeons ago... no one forgot.

On the other end of the spectrum, damnatio memoriae.

Blogger Matthew June 30, 2016 8:20 PM  

Bow before my prognostications.

Blogger Matthew June 30, 2016 8:21 PM  

Roll 'Tard.

Blogger Harsh June 30, 2016 8:22 PM  

Must have been a short flight.

Anonymous fred June 30, 2016 8:22 PM  

Now this is why, though I'm not at all skeptical about the value of IQ as a useful tool, I suspect it must be incomplete and that there are other axes and dimensions in play. I just tried that SAT-to-IQ converter thingy that was linked above, and on the Wechsler scale it said 158. Now I know myself, and though I know I certainly have a substantially higher than average IQ, that just seems too high to be real. For instance, I've never taken an actual IQ test, but when I do those little abstract brain-teaser puzzles I don't do outrageously well, and sometimes I can't even figure out how to open a bottle of aspirin.

On the other hand I have a very good memory in certain dimensions, and although that's not strictly a form of intelligence (or is it? I don't know the literature), I'm sure it helps. Also a lot of enthusiasm for certain things (less so for others), and I wonder if that's part of the scenario.

People here pay substantial attention to these matters: what's the latest substantial thinking?

Blogger LP9 Solidified in Gold! Rin Integra June 30, 2016 8:23 PM  

142 Aaron never let that one go but if he'd embrace he'd be better for it, meaning embracing another better approach to thinking.

Gammas are poor excuses for men. I never *ever say that because this certain group are relentlessly sensitive, like debating the intel of a ping pong ball, I just dont bother..

Over here, we have grave problems with lowered IQ, low T men (this wholly applies to statesiders take offense but its duly noted) generations from the baby boomers whom are victims of the NEA whom cannot think, reason or accept correction upon being wrong. The reduction of IQ and lower T in men here are correlated or I cold be wrong its something that occasional occurs to me online. It also goes back to a level of insecurity instead of celebration that another person is smarter than you, we should celebrate intelligence and high IQ not insult them. We have grave situation with immigration and the societal decline they've brought, sure some are high T but low IQ. Dumb women abandon the alabaster to procreate with the stupid, jump on welfare, enter gawd awful schoolz where the NEA destroys them further, look no further than the latest events last weekend from the Sac Bee antifas have to be morons, sjw,can't be that swift and gammas won't even admit when they have the ability to change their thinking from incorrect to correct.

Also we've seen a great deal of doubling down, I don't fully understand what is the point of doubling down when the topic is not that important to be so pronounced.

Blogger JimR June 30, 2016 8:26 PM  

it's as if Aaron thought "what can I do to completely reinforce Vox's point" and he actually figured it out, and did it.

Blogger Silly But True June 30, 2016 8:26 PM  

@41 Vox:
True to a point. But in Ion Storm's "Design is Law" slogan they took design inflexibly to the extreme. At some point, you _do_ have to produce something; the design can be made "too perfect."

The problem and it was not unique to Ion Storm is that they either chose the wrong engine to begin with or were determined to design to an ever-changing engine spec. (Daikatana's case). Daikatana failed because it simply was over-designed and not produced within sufficient timeliness.

See also Bioware and The Old Republic and the choice of heavily modifying the Hero Engine just to do basic things that then gimped the "massively" part.

I agree with your initial impulse that Romero's initial design for Daikatana's was also a visionary over-reach. The team function at the time was a great concept, until its production manage to execute it as shit. Same thing for trying to make it a RPG with level advancement and skill/power increase. And then there were the bugs which were its nail in the coffin; yes a design issue at its root, but more so a product deliverable requirement ("though shall deliver a _working_ product" >> "design is law").

What Romero meant that it's problem was he was the only one on his team to ever deliver a game is that he was in the business of producing product and none of his people had ever experienced that. Yes, the design needs to be right. But a deliverable also still needs to be produced in a reasonable tech cycle.

Silly but True

Blogger LP9 Solidified in Gold! Rin Integra June 30, 2016 8:26 PM  

178 You dont have to do this...

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 30, 2016 8:33 PM  

@fred
Brain teasers are actually of very little import. Most of them rely on trivia, not intelligence. What IQ tests measure is qualities like reason and comprehension.
I placed right where you are, and no, I don't feel like any super-intelligence.
But tell me if this is familiar:
In HS I used to help my girlfriend with her Trig honework even though I never took Trig. Last year I helped my son-in-law with his Calc homework, even though I've never in my life had a calc class.

Anonymous Aaron June 30, 2016 8:37 PM  

Don't ever stop. Don't let anyone ever tell you to stop being stupid.

As an American and a member of the Vox Day community it is your God given right to go full retard all the time.

Your glorious leader has shown tje way, you have merely to follow in his footsteps.

And never forget. Aristotle. And rhetoric. You do want to be a sigma right?

Blogger Human Animal June 30, 2016 8:38 PM  

So it's completely different by being exactly the same.

You're not fooled by your talk.
The critics clearly aren't fooled.
So you're trying to convince your critics that you are fooled.

That way you don't have to concede anything overtly.
You might be wrong, you might be bad at arguing, but at least you're so gutless as to run from a debate on the internet.

Except we all know the Vox audience doesn't take scalps for talk, only for actions and lobbying.

You put your head into the mouth of a stuffed lion, not a trained lion. But no matter how much you sweat and squirm, we all know the difference between performance and taxidermy.

Blogger Human Animal June 30, 2016 8:41 PM  

but at least you're so gutless as to run from a debate on the internet.
*Not so gutless as to

Oops. My Freud slipped.

Blogger ZhukovG June 30, 2016 8:45 PM  

Amazing, the subject(174,177,178) continues to abase himself like a past-his-prime rent boy. He appears driven completely by instinct.

Anonymous JAG June 30, 2016 8:46 PM  

Our friend has reached Sunk Cost territory now. We've got a special one.

Blogger praetorian June 30, 2016 8:46 PM  

Sometimes it's hard to believe just how hard a gamma gonna gamma.

Anonymous SciVo June 30, 2016 9:01 PM  

fred wrote:Now this is why, though I'm not at all skeptical about the value of IQ as a useful tool, I suspect it must be incomplete and that there are other axes and dimensions in play. I just tried that SAT-to-IQ converter thingy that was linked above, and on the Wechsler scale it said 158. Now I know myself, and though I know I certainly have a substantially higher than average IQ, that just seems too high to be real. For instance, I've never taken an actual IQ test, but when I do those little abstract brain-teaser puzzles I don't do outrageously well, and sometimes I can't even figure out how to open a bottle of aspirin.

Well first, look at this page of high-IQ society criteria for a quick check; the SAT stopped being useful around 1994, and the GRE stopped around 2001. (It's apparently racist for colleges to prefer applicants with higher IQs, so they deliberately fubar'd the tests.)

But if you feel comfortable here, then it's plausible, because there are in fact multiple intelligences. (And yes, I once read that book cover-to-cover, just for fun. I'm weird.)

General intelligence is a real thing -- and as you surmise, memory has something to do with it -- but Gardner was very meticulous in amassing supporting evidence. For each specific intelligence, he found prodigies, idiot savants, brain injuries that affected nothing else, and the like.

So sure, a genius can be outsmarted by a medicine bottle. IQ tests mostly just measure lingui-logical IQ, and that goes double for a GRE or SAT score conversion.

Anonymous Elijah Rhodes June 30, 2016 9:10 PM  

If you want to see a gamma in action, watch this Joe Rogan clip. His guest is a textbook example.

https://youtu.be/gcvVbAhQEz4

Anonymous Bosch2000 June 30, 2016 9:12 PM  

@155 "You're wrong, most likely because you don't know most of it. They started attacking me in 2005. I let it go. They kept attacking me in 2008. I ignored it."

Gammas can't let anything go. I saw this play out in the music world recently.

Andy Partridge (Gamma) of the band XTC has been bad-mouthing Todd Rundgren (Sigma) in the media for almost 30 years in every way possible for saving his career with 1987's 'Skylarking', recognising that Todd's talents for concept, recording and arrangements far outstripped his own and has been seething over it ever since, bitching to the media at every opportunity.

Todd finally spoke about the situation on a recent podcast. Guess who was triggered into an epic-tweet fest to 'correct' Todd?

Some of these Gamma corrections suggested a song Todd brought up as being removed from the album as a case of 'artistic cowardice' was only done so to make the album 'shorter'.

Gamma delusion in action: its replacement was 30 seconds longer.

Of course, the Gamma is now painting Todd as a big sour meanie and himself as the innocent party, after 29 years of being a Passive-Aggressive Bitch.

Did I mention before how tedious Gammas are to interact with? I'm stuck on a creative music project with one for the last 3 years now, and have no idea how to move forward because once he realised a) I was more talented than he originally thought; and b) people were responding to my songs with enthusiasm in a way they never had to his; it then went to shit. I know Gammas. I still can't figure this problem out. Everything they offer you is evasion and excuses. Anyone got any advice?

Anonymous r June 30, 2016 9:12 PM  

@183

People in the 3-4 sigma range often feel like frauds. I certainly do quite a bit of the time. That's where you start being intelligent enough to do things like read Euler and Gauss on your own - which means you start comparing yourself to Euler and Gauss, and they're six-sigma titans. (Feel free to replace the examples with similarly titanic intellects in your fields of interest.)

I do things like @188 said all the time - it takes graduate-level math before I'm incapable of faking it until I make it. And not all graduate-level math, either.

1 – 200 of 389 Newer› Newest»

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts