ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2016 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Friday, June 24, 2016

Layouts wanted

We're looking for 2-3 layout artists who have Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat and are good with tight detail work to help us get caught up on our print editions. Mac or PC is okay, but it has to be Photoshop and Acrobat proper, not any of the various alternatives. Illustrator can be replaced with a similar vector-based alternative. We'll pay up to $100 per PB/HC pair; no design is required as we'll provide the covers and the basic spine designs. The PB/HC will always be the same size.

We have a number of important announcements coming over the next few weeks, which means we want to increase our production capabilities. If you think you're able and you're interested, email me with LAYOUT in the title.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Matthew June 24, 2016 4:46 PM  

Always keep the comments on topic for posts like this.

Blogger Matthew June 24, 2016 4:49 PM  

Familiarity with PDF/X-1a is also desirable, as is skill in working with CMYK, as this is for the print editions.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 24, 2016 5:02 PM  

I was going to volunteer until I saw that it said Layouts, not Layabouts.

Blogger Matthew June 24, 2016 5:28 PM  

We could compost you...

Blogger jas On June 24, 2016 7:08 PM  

I have some experience with photoshop, indesign and illustrator. I usually do video and photo, but if you haven't got anyone else I'd be willing to try my hand at the project.

Blogger Phillip George June 24, 2016 8:22 PM  

My wife has twenty years working for a major newspaper in all three - I'll see if she's interested

Blogger The Overgrown Hobbit June 24, 2016 9:53 PM  

If it's a small project that can be done on Manga Studio and seems to be in my illustrative wheelhouse don't hesitate to drop me a line.

Blogger Bob Loblaw June 25, 2016 5:41 AM  

Heh. I misread the title and thought "Layabouts wanted? At last, something I can do."

Anonymous EH June 25, 2016 9:00 AM  

@12 I was going to make that comment earlier but needed some rest first.

Anonymous LastRedoubt June 25, 2016 10:33 AM  

Sorry - insufficient print experience, though I do have a fair bit in PS, adobe, and Illustrator.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts