ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2016 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

The myth of female achievement

It's a little embarrassing when one's knowledge doesn't even rise to the level of Wikipedia. While I knew she had a male "co-pilot", (and assumed that he'd done the takeoff and landing), I had no idea that Amelia Earheart didn't actually do any flying in her trip across the Atlantic in her landmark "flight".
After Lindbergh’s amazing feat he was an instant hero.  What he attempted was so astounding that before he even landed there were huge crowds gathered at the intended landing field outside Paris, waiting to see if this unknown airmail pilot from America could pull it off:

    The airfield was not marked on his map and Lindbergh knew only that it was some seven miles northeast of the city. He initially mistook the airfield for some large industrial complex with bright lights spreading out in all directions. The lights were, in fact, the headlights of tens of thousands of cars all driven by eager spectators now caught in “the largest traffic jam in Parisian history.”[55]

    A crowd estimated at 150,000 spectators stormed the field, dragged Lindbergh out of the cockpit, and literally carried him around above their heads for “nearly half an hour”.


This was just the crowd that gathered to see if he could pull it off.  Lindbergh had no radio on board so all the crowd knew was that he had taken off 33 hours prior and was intending to land at that airfield.  After he landed he was an instant worldwide sensation.

    The adulation and celebration of Lindbergh that emerged after the solo Atlantic flight were unprecedented. People were “behaving as though Lindbergh had walked on water, not flown over it.”[64]:17…

    Within a year of his flight, a quarter of Americans (an estimated 30 million) personally saw Lindbergh and the Spirit of St. Louis.[76]


For feminists the idea of a man receiving this much praise and attention was unbearable.  All of the attention given to “Lucky Lindy” created a frantic search for a woman who could be named “Lady Lindy”. This was not a race to see which woman would be the first to prove her mettle, it was a race to change the subject and mark aviation as a feminine space.  This is why all that mattered was that a woman ride in an airplane across the Atlantic, so long as she looked the part.
It is rather remarkable how long women's "achievements" have been little more than the equivalent of little sister attempting to keep up with big brother. I mean, one would think that at least occasionally a woman would come up with the idea of trying to do something that no one has done before, but apparently imitating men - or even pretending to imitate men - is more important to these Hultgreen-Curie candidates than actually doing anything new.

I'm no Freudian and I think most of his theories are obvious nonsense, but the Hultgreen-Curie types do lend a modicum of credibility to his penis envy hypothesis.

Labels:

120 Comments:

Blogger Harold June 08, 2016 8:16 AM  

http://raconteurreport.blogspot.com/2016/05/biology-7-sociology-0.html
Australian women's soccer team in running for Rio Olympic gold medal loses to under 15 years old boys soccer team 7-0. The 15 year olds aren't in running for the men's bronze....

OpenID paworldandtimes June 08, 2016 8:18 AM  

Dalrock's post is very good. It segues to a point of view that I hadn't seen articulated quite that way before:

Again, this was not about women setting out to create their own achievements, it was about extinguishing manly pride.

PA

Blogger Mr.MantraMan June 08, 2016 8:19 AM  

Earheart went missing, presumably crashing while landing in order to ask directions. Some years ago we had the usual pandering to the "First Black" person to fly a plane or something and it was a woman air mail pilot. She died because she forgot to buckle in on a flight, did a roll fell out of plane, stuck the landing but good.

It is friggin embarrassing watching these womyn trying to humiliate men by playing penis envy.

Blogger CM June 08, 2016 8:26 AM  

I have a lot of female related sins but its such a relief that this isn't one of them.

Blogger Nate June 08, 2016 8:27 AM  

We should be clear though she did become the first woman to fly across the atlantic and back... it just happened in 1928... not 1927. In 1927 she was completely upfront and honest about the fact that she never touched the stick.

Blogger Salt June 08, 2016 8:29 AM  

Again, this was not about women setting out to create their own achievements, it was about extinguishing manly pride.

Lindberg didn't do it out of manly pride. He did it because he thought he could. Sir Edmund Hillary climbed Mt. Everest not out of manly pride, but because he believed it could be done.

It's amusing that Ride Sally Ride was exalted because she was a woman doing what men had been doing. Pedestalized because... woman.

How many have ever heard of Annie Edson Taylor? She was the first person to survive going over Niagara Falls in a barrel. Her accomplishment wasn't celebrated because she was a woman.

Anonymous Clay June 08, 2016 8:31 AM  

Oh, they show these farting documentaries on Earhart, ever so often, seems like they always have to pronounce her as a beautiful woman. I never saw that in her pics.

Looked like a woman who'd been rode hard, and put up wet.

Blogger Anchorman June 08, 2016 8:31 AM  

I'm curious. How many men flew across the Atlantic after Lindy and before Earheart's passenger flight and her actual piloting flight.

Blogger Phillip George June 08, 2016 8:35 AM  

The story goes Alexander the Great, whom Daniel foresaw, wept when he ran out of world to conquer. What talents he had ran out of space to be displayed in - the gallery wasn't big enough for his genius.. That's mildly amusing. "The world is not enough" for any non brain dead professing Christian.

A woman only has to look at her womb and say, there is space no-one has ever occupied. And what might she bring forth?

Every genius had a mother - all they needed was a womb to express life in.

some one, somewhere just got that.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan June 08, 2016 8:38 AM  

This drive to humiliate men and extinguish their drive towards virtue of the manly sort is cruising for a bruising. Since white men still bargain with these evil people it will probably be up to the Muslim men to handle it, and they probably will and hopefully they kill some white knights as well.

Anonymous Quartermaster June 08, 2016 8:38 AM  

Don't feel bad. I didn't find out until this time last year that Earhart didn't actually touch the stick on her first flight across the Atlantic. It's not exactly widely publicized.

Anonymous WinstonWebb June 08, 2016 8:42 AM  

... she was completely upfront and honest about the fact that she never touched the stick.

Judging by her photos, I'm not surprised.

*rimshot*

Anonymous Clay June 08, 2016 8:45 AM  

It's GOOGLE Anchorman.

While you're at it, can you tell me what caliber rifle was used to off that ape in the Cincinnati zoo?

Blogger VoodooJock June 08, 2016 8:46 AM  

When she did fly solo across the Atlantic, and between Hawaii and Oakland a couple years later, the airplanes she flew were orders of magnitude more advanced than the Spirit of St. Louis. They were also virtually off-the-shelf models. Lindbergh had significantly more input into the design of the Spirit as well.

Blogger Nate June 08, 2016 8:47 AM  

" It's not exactly widely publicized."

And this is what's interesting to me. We think the media is bad today. But there is a very good case to be made that the media of the 30s was several orders of magnitudes worse.

SuperGirl gets off the plane and immediately tells everyone she didn't at all? Pssshht. doesn't mean a thing. BECAUSE SUPER GIRL!

Now combine that with the scandal of US vs Miller. The Supreme Court decides that the only guns the government can regulate are weapons with no military value. which completely gutted the NFA.

But it was reported as if SCOTUS had upheld the law.

Blogger Elocutioner June 08, 2016 8:47 AM  

Nailed it. Women's "accomplishments" are rarely something no human has done before, just that no woman has done. A few more "female" track stars like we saw in Alaska this week should put the final nails in the equality coffin. Or maybe a Rousey 1:1 with a man.

Dalrock wrote about Earhart a few years ago as well.
https://dalrock.wordpress.com/2010/12/04/charles-lindbergh-and-amelia-earhart/

Anonymous SugarPi June 08, 2016 8:47 AM  

Well, thaaaank you very little... next I'll hear that women didn't invent math (as I had been taught in "multicultural" math class).

Blogger Matamoros June 08, 2016 8:52 AM  

As opposed to the fraud Amelia Earheart, Hanna Reitsch was a real aviatrix.

Blogger bob k. mando June 08, 2016 9:01 AM  

more amusing Earhart facts:
her first around the world attempt ended when ground looped the aircraft. only complete incompetents ground loop.

the directional antenna was cut off. why? because *she found it too tedious to reel it back in*. uh, hey, why don't we just not, you know, reel it out EXCEPT in emergencies? nope, cut it off. who needs direction finding over the Pacific?

then there's the navigation issue. when flying over open ocean, you intentionally shoot to one side of your target. why? because, once you establish your target latitude, then you KNOW that you only need to fly east/west and you'll go right over the top of your target.

Amelia insisted on plotting directly AT the target, which is fine, assuming everything works perfectly. missing by 10 miles ( quite easy on a trip of +2,500 ) renders the island out of sight. radios of the time couldn't tell you anything but general direction, you didn't know whether you were flying towards or away from the signal until you had gone far enough that you could see a change in signal strength.

so when Amelia reached the vicinity of Howland Island ... she started CIRCLING because she didn't know which way to go. and even though she was picking up Coast Guard Cutter Itasca on the radio, they couldn't see her to give her directions.

*facedesk*

Blogger Aaron Swenson June 08, 2016 9:01 AM  

http://imgur.com/yf8HZEv :D

Anonymous Clay June 08, 2016 9:02 AM  

Yes. Hanna was.

Blogger Nate June 08, 2016 9:02 AM  

"As opposed to the fraud Amelia Earheart"

Again... she wasn't a fraud. She was up front and honest about the fact that she did not pilot the plane.

And she did do the flight solo.. there and back.. in 1928.

Anonymous FrankNorman June 08, 2016 9:03 AM  

Speaking of Curie... who was the brains behind all that work on radioactive elements? Marie or Pierre?

Blogger YIH June 08, 2016 9:11 AM  

Nate wrote:We should be clear though she did become the first woman to fly across the atlantic and back... it just happened in 1928... not 1927. In 1927 she was completely upfront and honest about the fact that she never touched the stick.
It was also a shorter flight:
The team departed Trepassey Harbor, Newfoundland in a Fokker F.VIIb/3m on June 17, 1928, landing at Pwll near Burry Port, South Wales, exactly 20 hours and 40 minutes later.[50]

Blogger Unknown June 08, 2016 9:14 AM  

Earhardt's Atlantic flight was flown by a man? I never knew that!

As a side issue, I have never understood why Alcock & Brown's first ever non-stop flight across the Atlantic (in in an open cockpit bi-plane no less) and accomplished in 1919 - a full decade before Lindberg - has been completely overshadowed by Lindberg's flight.

Blogger The Observer June 08, 2016 9:21 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Avraham June 08, 2016 9:21 AM  

I think Madame Curie did good work herself. But beside that I have found working together with people stimulates creativity. So it is likely she and her husband were sharing ideas.

Blogger The Observer June 08, 2016 9:22 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger The Observer June 08, 2016 9:22 AM  

@24 Well, if you read the news stories and photos from the time BEFORE Marie was announced for the Nobel, Pierre and his team were credited for the discovery, not Marie.

Marie Curie did not extract radium from pitchblende nor determine its chemical properties. Debierne did.

Also, more interesting was the fact that Pierre and his entire team got radiation burns, while Marie had absolutely none at all.

By all appearances, Marie Curie was affirmative actioned into not one but two Nobel prizes and being a poster girl, while no one else remembers the people who discovered the other 100-odd elements.

Blogger Nate June 08, 2016 9:24 AM  

" has been completely overshadowed by Lindberg's flight."

because lindberg did it solo.

Blogger Salt June 08, 2016 9:24 AM  

@25 "They flew ... from St. John's, Newfoundland, to Clifden, Connemara, County Galway, Ireland" - wiki

Had Lindberg landed and refueled in Newfoundland, then landed and refueled in Ireland prior to setting down in Paris, would it have been the same accomplishment?

Anonymous Clay June 08, 2016 9:25 AM  

Screw the women. Hans Ulrich Rudel is my bad-ass:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans-Ulrich_Rudel

Bubi Hartmann is next.

Blogger Alexander June 08, 2016 9:30 AM  

@31

Not the *same* accomplishment, but one just as worthy. An earlier make plane, and equally if not more 'pioneering'.

Plus the whole "have to go out on the wings to scrape off the ice as we're flying element."

It would be like on the day we put a man on Mars, saying that that's an inherently greater accomplishment than when we first put a man on the moon.

Personally, I'd say it's just a question of national pride - America wasn't going to go nuts over two Brits, and the Brits for whatever reason didn't play it up themselves.

Blogger YIH June 08, 2016 9:30 AM  

Unknown wrote:Earhardt's Atlantic flight was flown by a man? I never knew that!

As a side issue, I have never understood why Alcock & Brown's first ever non-stop flight across the Atlantic (in in an open cockpit bi-plane no less) and accomplished in 1919 - a full decade before Lindberg - has been completely overshadowed by Lindberg's flight.

1. First solo.
2. Much more media hype.

Anonymous old man in a villa June 08, 2016 9:34 AM  

Lindbergh was a close friend of our family and they considered him to have been one of the most grounded and intelligent people they'd ever known. He would easily have become our president had it not been for the Des Moines speech of September 11th 1941 and the reaction of ((the press)).

Blogger Bill Halsey June 08, 2016 9:43 AM  

@31. >Not the *same* accomplishment, but one just as worthy. An earlier make plane, and equally if not more 'pioneering'.<

Indeed.

>It would be like on the day we put a man on Mars, saying that that's an inherently greater accomplishment than when we first put a man on the moon.<

Yep.

>Personally, I'd say it's just a question of national pride - America wasn't going to go nuts over two Brits, and the Brits for whatever reason didn't play it up themselves.<

Agreed.

@34. >Much more media hype.<

Seems to be the primary reason.

Blogger Ron Winkleheimer June 08, 2016 9:47 AM  

the directional antenna was cut off. why? because *she found it too tedious to reel it back in*.

Wow, that sounds like something someone with a sub 80 IQ would do.

Blogger Culture War Draftee June 08, 2016 9:55 AM  

@Nate
Earhart did solo across the Atlantic, but in 1932. BTW, she had a navigator with her on the around-the-world trip, Fred Noonan. He too was lost en route to Howland, but his role never seems to have been established in the public mind.

http://www.ameliaearhart.com/about/bio.html

Overall, she was rather overrated as an aviatrix. Speaking of Hultgreen-Curie, Miss Alexine Tinne deserves a special mention. Vacation/exploration in slave-raider infested hellhole-check. Closest friends/relatives dying of tropical disease on Bahr el-Gazal-check. Dies in spectacular gun/sword fight with Tuareg-check. At least she went out in suitably dramatic fashion.

Baker and Speke's evaluations of Tinne are fairly on target.

http://archive.aramcoworld.com/issue/198301/alexine.and.the.nile.htm

Blogger Bill Halsey June 08, 2016 9:56 AM  

@Nate:

"We should be clear though she did become the first woman to fly across the atlantic and back... it just happened in 1928"

Earhart's transatlantic solo flight was in May 1932.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/earhart-completes-transatlantic-flight

Blogger Anchorman June 08, 2016 10:02 AM  

Fittingly, the Navy named a cargo ship after her.

Blogger VoodooJock June 08, 2016 10:11 AM  

Incompetents only ground loop tricycle gear aircraft. The phenomenon's a far more common occurrence in tail-draggers/conventional gear aircraft. If there's any wind, especially a crosswind, it only adds to the aggravation.

If you're flying a tail dragger, as she was, you have to pay attention, both to where you're going and where the wind's coming from. You also got to keep the stick back as that puts more aerodynamic forces, and keeps the weight on the tail wheel and gives you better control.

Lot of guys that trained on the PT-17's, PT-19's, and PT-22's usually either washed out if they couldn't grasp the finer points of it, or had momentary lapses of attention expeditiously purged from their system by their instructors. Not really a mistake someone of the alleged legendary caliber of Earhart should be making.

Blogger Student in Blue June 08, 2016 10:14 AM  

@bob k. mando
the directional antenna was cut off. why? because *she found it too tedious to reel it back in*. uh, hey, why don't we just not, you know, reel it out EXCEPT in emergencies? nope, cut it off. who needs direction finding over the Pacific?

I wonder if "too tedious to reel it back in" is her form of an excuse for "I didn't have the physical strength to reel it back in."

Blogger Amigo June 08, 2016 10:23 AM  

To be fair regarding Bessie Coleman, the first Black/Native American pilot, while she was thrown from the plane that dove unexpectedly because she wasn't buckled in, the other guy couldn't regain control over the plane and it crashed and killed him too. Wikipedia reports some mechanic left a wrench in the plane and it jammed a gear box.

Anonymous Clay June 08, 2016 10:24 AM  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erich_Hartmann

Blogger Amigo June 08, 2016 10:30 AM  

To be fair regarding Bessie Coleman, the first Black/Native American pilot, while she was thrown from the plane that dove unexpectedly because she wasn't buckled in, the other guy couldn't regain control over the plane and it crashed and killed him too. Wikipedia reports some mechanic left a wrench in the plane and it jammed a gear box.

Anonymous BGKB June 08, 2016 10:32 AM  

Here I thought you would be attacking the woman, Lizzy Holmes, who said she could turn a single drop of blood into Xpounds of goldX, cough I mean quality diagnostic tests that she paid a general to bypass the military's approval/testing process. From billionaire to zero in just one whistleblower.

I mean, one would think that at least occasionally a woman would come up with the idea of trying to do something that no one has done

Had any man tried to con the US military into using knowingly inaccurate medical equipment? The anthrax vaccine doesn't count.

she was completely upfront and honest about the fact that she never touched the stick.

I took lessions before I realized it was too expensive to pay the monthly costs to stay in training when I didn't have control of my schedule & had trouble arraigning times for the larger plane, because my legs are too long for the smallest trainers. The hard part is landing, anyone could touch the stick if there was someone at the other set of controls in flight.

But there is a very good case to be made that the media of the 30s was several orders of magnitudes worse.

Would civil rights had happened if everyone could share videos?

Also, more interesting was the fact that Pierre and his entire team got radiation burns, while Marie had absolutely none at all.

That just proved that she knew about radiation safety before anyone else. "Ill just stand behind you guys as a shield"

" has been completely overshadowed by Lindberg's flight." because lindberg did it solo.

You mean like the 20+ hours of surgery where Ben Carson did the equivalent of 3 back to back whipples on octogenarians?

the directional antenna was cut off. why? because *she found it too tedious to reel it back in*.

The girl that died trying to be the youngest girl to solo sail around the world( in a yacht that could sail itself) is thought to have been smart enough to have known to take the sails down at a certain wind speed but not physically able to have managed, which meant she should have known the max wind she could have taken her sails down instead.

Blogger praetorian June 08, 2016 10:34 AM  

Hanna Reitsch

Its increasingly disturbing to find that, for most of the heroes of WW2 era history I come to find out are fraudulent, there is an actual legitimate version, who happens to have also been a Nazi.

Blogger Salt June 08, 2016 10:46 AM  

@47

"On 28 February 1944 she presented the idea of Operation Suicide to Hitler at Berchtesgaden, which "would require men who were ready to sacrifice themselves in the conviction that only by this means could their country be saved." - wiki

Men, not women. Interesting. Not like she wanted to participate herself.

Anonymous NateM June 08, 2016 10:52 AM  

another example, Astronaut Mae jemison. Except she was doing what another woman had, only while Black.

"Jemison resigned from NASA in March 1993.[12] "I left NASA because I'm very interested in how social sciences interact with technologies,"

"NASA training manager and author Homer Hickam later expressed some regret that she had departed, saying, "NASA had spent a lot of money training her; she also filled a niche, obviously, being a woman of color."[5] Hickam had trained Jemison for her flight on Spacelab-J/STS-47.[5] In an interview with the Des Moines Register on October 16, 2008, Jemison said that she was not driven to be the "first black woman to go into space." "I wouldn't have cared less if 2,000 people had gone up before me... I would still have had my hand up, 'I want to do this.'"[14]

She joined in 83 and resigned the year following her flight, making her the first black woman in space. But she totally wasn't doing it for that. For perspective, Deke Slayton spent almost as much time working while grounded in the program as she did total. So one of those people seemed interested in being part of the program, another was just checking a box.

Oh but she went on to a rewarding career of "promoting minorities in science" though

Anonymous VFM #6306 June 08, 2016 10:53 AM  

The SJW opposes the accurate portrayal of Baphomet?

Imagine my surprise.

Blogger bob k. mando June 08, 2016 10:54 AM  

41. VoodooJock June 08, 2016 10:11 AM
Not really a mistake someone of the alleged legendary caliber of Earhart should be making.



and so, after much speechifying, you say the same thing i did.



43. Amigo June 08, 2016 10:23 AM
To be fair regarding Bessie Coleman, the first Black/Native American pilot, while she was thrown from the plane that dove unexpectedly because she wasn't buckled in



more to the point, there was a VALID REASON for Bessie not buckling in:
she was scouting the terrain for a parachute jump which she was planning to make the next day and needed the freedom of movement.



46. BGKB June 08, 2016 10:32 AM
The hard part is landing



landing is the easiest part. nobody doesn't land once they've gone up. one way or t'other, you're comin back down.

the hard part is walking away from the landing.



47. praetorian June 08, 2016 10:34 AM
Its increasingly disturbing to find that ...there is an actual legitimate version,


who's existence has been obscured by ((( the media ))).

here, have another documentary on Hitler, it'll do a body good.

Blogger Rabbi B June 08, 2016 11:01 AM  

May all of the strong, independent, male space invaders be as accomplished as Amelia Earheart. Amen.

Blogger Were-Puppy June 08, 2016 11:08 AM  

"one would think that at least occasionally a woman would come up with the idea of trying to do something that no one has done before,"

This encapsulates the entire SJW mindset - they are termites. all they can do is take something already in existence, and destroy it.

Anonymous John Steed June 08, 2016 11:14 AM  

Funny, just this morning during the wee hours I noticed a woman`s romance novel and thought how SJW the genre has become. I then had a mental picture of two toon cells, the left one a pic of Susan B. Antony walking in a parade and thright one of a woman sitting in a stall at Target`s while a perv is looking over the top doing you-know-what. Below the caption: YOU`VE COME ALONG WAY BABY!

Anonymous Takin' a Look June 08, 2016 11:14 AM  

praetorianJune 08, 2016 10:34 AM

Hanna Reitsch

Its increasingly disturbing to find that, for most of the heroes of WW2 era history I come to find out are fraudulent, there is an actual legitimate version, who happens to have also been a Nazi


As I read this post, I imagine how ape-shit the mangina who runs Rejected Princesses would get if blonde, aryan Nazi women beat out the unterfraulein auslanders.

And I laugh and laugh.

Blogger Alexander June 08, 2016 11:16 AM  

Unfair to termites, who until European colonization were responsible for the largest artificial structure in sub-Saharan Africa.

SJWs would need to make several self-improvement to rise to such a level.

Anonymous BGKB June 08, 2016 11:18 AM  

Both women and gays hate the thought that someone could be having fun where they can't get to. Before the internet you could probably open an exclusive high priced club, in the middle of the desert and they would be fighting to get in.

Blogger Rabbi B June 08, 2016 11:24 AM  

@57 BGKB

Yep. Old as the Garden. It's exactly how Eve was suckered. Easy enough for the Adversary to convince her that she was missing out on something. It's all been downhill ever since.

Anonymous John Steed June 08, 2016 11:24 AM  

54 I forgot to mention the title of the romance novel. It was: Alpha Males Need not Apply.

Anonymous Steve June 08, 2016 11:26 AM  

To be fair to aviatrixes, Rachel Swirsky inspired the movie OPERATION DUMBO DROP

Blogger Anchorman June 08, 2016 11:35 AM  

To be fair to aviatrixes, the Mile High club would be far less popular without their participation.

Anonymous A Visitor June 08, 2016 12:13 PM  

"We live in a bizarre age.  We complain that young men lack manly virtues, while claiming that there is no cost to feminists’ envy driven need to denigrate manhood.  If manly virtues are important to our society, then we must once again unashamedly celebrate men who display these virtues.  We must call out this pettiness so that we can recognize courage, even though we find it uncomfortable."

I lived in a dorm named after Earhart my first year in undergrad. I'd never heard anything like this (and am not surprised). It's disgusting: she hitched a ride across the Atlantic! Didn't even fly!

Let the last part of Dalrock's post be a lesson to all: the next time a feminist touts that stronger crap, laugh in their face. Trust me, real, submissive women love masculine men. I speak from experience on that one.

@1 Who thought that'd be a good idea? Hilarious!

@6 It's like those who attempt private space flight or (in coming decades) extra solar travel...it's because they think they can.

@9 Well put!

@12 LOL

@16 I was hunting when I heard about Rousey getting beat. Man, that brought a smile to my face!

@20 What does Shlomo have to do with that photo or this?

@25 Well, probably because it was done by two guys as opposed to one.

@29 No ****!?!?

@35 That's truly awesome to have known a hero like that! As I've said in a comment months ago, my dad knew the doctor that declared Orville Wright dead. It's not nearly the same but it was funny.

The RN called in the doctor to declare Wright dead and he said, nonchalantly, "He's dead." The RN was horrified and asked, "Do you know who that is? That's Orville Wright!" The doctor said, "Correction! That WAS Orville Wright."

@40 Tinne or Earhart?

@42 You know "too tedious" means exactly that!

@49 Yeah...that investment to payoff ratio...is a ****!

Anonymous redsash June 08, 2016 12:13 PM  

#47, For the love of Audie Murphy. America, no the world's best warrior ever. Followed closely by Alvin York.

Anonymous Dave June 08, 2016 12:25 PM  

English-speaking men naturally judge ability according to gender norms, such that a women who outscores 99% of other women is seen as equivalent to a man who outscores 99% of other men.

There is very good reason for this: eugenic breeding. The Scientific and Industrial revolutions happened in northwestern Europe because generations of brilliant men sought out and married the most brilliant women they could find.

Of course, if you remove the part about marrying and having children, gender-norming is ridiculous and women are pretty much useless.

Anonymous Basin Boys June 08, 2016 12:39 PM  

She should have stayed and finished the cabin up here in Kirwin

"Mount Sniffel to the south would have cast long shadows in the summer afternoon, enveloping her cabin in cool".
Mount Sniffel. You couldn't make this sh*t up..

Blogger Tom June 08, 2016 12:39 PM  

I'd never read that Des Moines speech by Lindbergh before.

Wow, he was AltRight before there was an AltRight to be. After about halfway through I started to expect the transcript to use the triple parentheses when he said propaganda or newsreels.

Anonymous kfg June 08, 2016 12:42 PM  

" . . .my dad knew the doctor that declared Orville Wright dead."

Orville Wright declared my dead uncle a pilot.

Well, ya know, both he and Orville were alive at the time.

Blogger SciVo June 08, 2016 12:48 PM  

BGKB wrote:Both women and gays hate the thought that someone could be having fun where they can't get to. Before the internet you could probably open an exclusive high priced club, in the middle of the desert and they would be fighting to get in.

Probably? Two words: Las Vegas.

Anonymous bw June 08, 2016 12:52 PM  

The SJW opposes the accurate portrayal of Baphomet?

Those who designed the Medal of Honor apparently do not.

Blogger SciVo June 08, 2016 12:57 PM  

John Steed wrote:54 I forgot to mention the title of the romance novel. It was: Alpha Males Need not Apply.

If you mean Alpha Wolf Need Not Apply, that's just typical romance genre misdirection, since the core conflict is always Rationalization Hamster vs. Self. If the protagonist doesn't actually end up with an alpha wolf, I'll eat my hat.

Anonymous andon June 08, 2016 12:57 PM  

1. Blogger Harold June 08, 2016 8:16 AM
http://raconteurreport.blogspot.com/2016/05/biology-7-sociology-0.html
Australian women's soccer team in running for Rio Olympic gold medal loses to under 15 years old boys soccer team 7-0. The 15 year olds aren't in running for the men's bronze....


ouch

Anonymous Jill June 08, 2016 1:04 PM  

Earhart was used for the purpose of a feminist media campaign for book promotion and advertising. She never claimed to be anything but a passenger. When she acquired better flying skills, she made her own Transatlantic flight. The media made much of a woman who enjoyed flying because she was a woman, which is very silly, but whatever. One does not have to be first or even be innovative to enjoy doing something or accomplish personal goals. Of course, all the attention helped her buy better planes and start a business, so it was in her best interest to continue getting attention, even unto death.

Blogger VD June 08, 2016 1:14 PM  

Both women and gays hate the thought that someone could be having fun where they can't get to.

My personal favorite is when a woman who is talking INTERRUPTS HERSELF to try to jump into a conversation that a nearby different group is having. Cracks me up every single time.

That is how little they value what they are actually saying.

Anonymous andon June 08, 2016 1:20 PM  

the fake achievement stuff didn't bother me as much as when they wanted us to start saying "the men and women who served in..." WWII, Vietnam, etc when you knew the men did 99.9999999% of the fighting and dying. its just dishonest

Blogger Aeoli Pera June 08, 2016 1:25 PM  

Married to George Putnam, famous WASP marketing pioneer, alma mater Harvard. Hmm...

My shenanigans sense is tingling.

Blogger Aeoli Pera June 08, 2016 1:29 PM  

Mr. Putnam found time for a little vacation to the Arctic and Baffin island. That's a weird hobby.

""Dating of some yarn and other artifacts, presumed to be left by Vikings on Baffin Island, have produced an age that predates the Vikings by several hundred years. So [...] you have to consider the possibility that as remote as it may seem, these finds may represent evidence of contact with Europeans prior to the Vikings' arrival in Greenland"." -La Wik

Hmm...shenanigans definitely afoot.

Anonymous Odd Wobble June 08, 2016 1:34 PM  

As a side issue, I have never understood why Alcock & Brown's first ever non-stop flight across the Atlantic (in in an open cockpit bi-plane no less) and accomplished in 1919 - a full decade before Lindberg - has been completely overshadowed by Lindberg's flight.

Lindbergh's accomplishment was not simply crossing the Atlantic. The goal was to fly non-stop from New York to Paris. It didn't really matter that there was an ocean between. Also, it was a contest. There was prize money. That was how he got the men in St.Louis to back him.

Blogger David Power June 08, 2016 1:40 PM  


Well, thaaaank you very little... next I'll hear that women didn't invent math (as I had been taught in "multicultural" math class).


I am reliably informed that the Chocolate Chip Cookie was invented by a woman. True story.

Blogger Aeoli Pera June 08, 2016 1:41 PM  

"...Guest asked Putnam to find a suitable candidate and he eventually came up with the then-unknown aviatrix, Amelia Earhart. As it turned out, they shared many common interests: hiking, swimming, camping, riding, tennis and golf..."

A high society feminist tomboy then. The high society part doesn't come through in the stories...but she definitely wouldn't have picked up golf in her affluent childhood. Yet supposedly she struggled afterward? How many golf clubs in 1925 would have inducted a working class girl?

Blogger Aeoli Pera June 08, 2016 1:45 PM  

I'm gonna call this one early: this gal was raised to be a Socialist agent and her reputation was carefully constructed by propagandists. Thus everything written about her is suspect and likely bullshit.

Blogger tublecane June 08, 2016 1:48 PM  

@33-The world went nuts over Lindbergh, not just America. Lindbergh didn't need to play it up. It was played up for him, and not just by media hype. The response was one of those spontaneous happenings.

Blogger Aeoli Pera June 08, 2016 1:55 PM  

On George Palmer Putnam's grandpa of the same name:

"He served as secretary for the Publishers' Association for many years and was an advocate of the creation of International Copyright Law. During the American Civil War, he participated in the Loyal Publication Society of New York, and suspended his business for three years (1863–1866) to become the United States government's Collector of Internal Revenue in New York City.[2]

An important member of the New York artistic community, Putnam was the leading publisher of art books in his time and became one of the founders of the Metropolitan Museum of Art and served as honorary superintendent in 1872. He was also chairman of the Committee on Art at the Vienna Universal Exposition." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Palmer_Putnam)

A book publisher drops his business to become NYC's IRS secretary for the Civil War? Connections to Vienna? The plot thickens! :-O

Blogger tublecane June 08, 2016 1:59 PM  

@33-The world went nuts over Lindbergh, not just America. Lindbergh didn't need to play it up. It was played up for him, and not just by media hype. The response was one of those spontaneous happenings.

Anonymous kfg June 08, 2016 2:00 PM  

@80:

The Margaret Mead of the Air.

Blogger Anchorman June 08, 2016 2:03 PM  

I'd never read that Des Moines speech by Lindbergh before.

Wow, he was AltRight before there was an AltRight to be. After about halfway through I started to expect the transcript to use the triple parentheses when he said propaganda or newsreels.


I hadn't read it either, though I remember teachers describing it as being pro-NAZI.

Not a bit pro-NAZI. In fact, he sympathized with the Jews over the persecution.

He just recognized it wasn't our fight.

Amazing how there's so much history to un-learn from schools. The same thing happened when I studied the John Birch Society. How it was presented and how it was were radically different.

Blogger Aeoli Pera June 08, 2016 2:08 PM  

The entire Putnam family seems to have been obsessed with Norse culture since at least 1850. It also appears the IRS has been filled to the gills with high-society Nazis since its creation. There's probably a book in this, if it hasn't already been written.

Blogger IreneAthena June 08, 2016 2:08 PM  

Myth of female achievement: y'all's mamas!
Grace Hopper: hush yo mouf, ireneathena. Not dey mamas' fault dem boyz turn out programmin' dat kind o' mess. Sissy computer games! and here dey be, spendin' their days pullin' da pigtails o' da little girls on da playground wif 'em. (what's wif da Ebonics? Up here in Computin' Gloryland, we use whatever language we want.)

Anonymous kfg June 08, 2016 2:11 PM  

" . . .the IRS has been filled to the gills with high-society Nazis since its creation. There's probably a book in this, if it hasn't already been written."

See Ezra Pound.

Blogger Aeoli Pera June 08, 2016 2:12 PM  

I mean "Nazi" in the colloquial sense: social engineers.

Anonymous kfg June 08, 2016 2:19 PM  

It was no accident that the NAZIs put such focus on experimenting with psychology and social engineering.

Follow the money.

Blogger Aeoli Pera June 08, 2016 2:25 PM  

Re: Ezra Pound

In general, I'm surprised to find myself impressed with his character and creative abilities, and unimpressed with his understanding of politics. Poor guy was a naive romantic at the worst possible time in history.

Blogger Aeoli Pera June 08, 2016 2:26 PM  

kfg wrote:It was no accident that the NAZIs put such focus on experimenting with psychology and social engineering.

Follow the money.


Frankly I blame it all on Goethe.

Blogger Alexander June 08, 2016 2:27 PM  

In conclusion, the White Man's Burden is a horribly racist concept unless defined as the white man's burden to cross the ocean and die for other groups' behalf. Then it's horribly racist not to.

Blogger bob k. mando June 08, 2016 2:32 PM  

52. Rabbi B June 08, 2016 11:01 AM
May all of the strong, independent, male space invaders be as accomplished as Amelia Earheart. Amen.



damn Rabbi, that's a pretty sick burn.

we'll make an honorary douchebag asshole out of you yet.



61. Anchorman June 08, 2016 11:35 AM
To be fair to aviatrixes, the Mile High club would be far less popular without their participation.



huh-wut? there's women involved in the Mile High Club?

*scratches head*

then what am i doing with my "joystick" in the "cockpit"?



70. SciVo June 08, 2016 12:57 PM
the protagonist doesn't actually end up with an alpha wolf, I'll eat my hat.



Alpha wolf doesn't 'apply' ( ask ), Alpha wolf takes.



72. Jill June 08, 2016 1:04 PM
One does not have to be first



which is a good thing, because Earhart was NOT the first woman flyer. not even close.

take a look at the list of aviatrixes, Earhart isn't even in the first 3 for the 1920s.
http://www.wai.org/pioneers/100womenscript.cfm

what this points up, and what women don't want to admit, is that there NEVER HAS BEEN oppression of them. they competed in the earliest NASCAR races. they were getting pilots licenses in the nineteen teens.

Bessie Coleman faced discrimination ( she had to go to France to get trained ) but that was because she was *black*, it had nothing to do with her sex.

RL Dabney was right.

Blogger SciVo June 08, 2016 2:55 PM  

tublecane wrote:@33-The world went nuts over Lindbergh, not just America. Lindbergh didn't need to play it up. It was played up for him, and not just by media hype. The response was one of those spontaneous happenings.

And popular innovations always attract ruthless exploiters looking to commoditize them, such as how every good new musical genre quickly becomes flooded with drek.

Blogger SciVo June 08, 2016 3:05 PM  

Aeoli Pera wrote:Frankly I blame it all on Goethe.

I just realized that "elective affinities" was a precursor to Scott Adams' "moist robot" hypothesis.

Blogger Culture War Draftee June 08, 2016 4:24 PM  

@62 Tinne is a 5, Earhart a 3. WNB. I would advise against taking a journey across vast uncharted spaces with either, their traveling companions had a nasty habit of vanishing into the unknown.

Blogger ray June 08, 2016 4:29 PM  

"It's a little embarrassing when one's knowledge doesn't even rise to the level of Wikipedia."


News to me too. Shows how deep the deceit goes.

Pastor Dalrock's commentary on WHY these 'victories' are so ubiquitous in America was just as revealing. This guy kills more snakes than a boxcar full of Brazilian mongooses. Mongeese?

Blogger vtah June 08, 2016 4:45 PM  

feminism basically amounts to: to be a strong woman, you have to be a man.

it is so anti-female it's insane but the feminists are not even self-aware enough to notice.

they think of the uterus as a vestigial organ.

Anonymous BGKB June 08, 2016 6:28 PM  

My personal favorite is when a woman who is talking INTERRUPTS HERSELF to try to jump into a conversation

Back when I played WH40k if I was dating someone that was not a gamer I would take them to the game store on smelly magic the gathering night so there wouldn't be any drama about me going to play.

Anonymous Azimus June 08, 2016 6:33 PM  

I did notice that there never was a first female expedition to the South Pole...

Anonymous DrummerGirl June 08, 2016 7:13 PM  

@99

You took the words right out of my mouth. The sad thing is that many women don't realize the lie until it's too late.

Anonymous WaterBoy June 08, 2016 8:12 PM  

RE: Feminism

Another one bites the dust:

"He's spent a great deal of time agonizing over the guests he'll be able to secure for his HBO series. He said his dream guest is Michelle Obama in part because he would love to discuss her work to get girls involved in sports – a subject he's gained a new appreciation for since his 11-year-old daughter began playing soccer.

"One of the ironies of my life is that I was definitely a chauvinist with men's and women's sports before. I'd always make WNBA jokes and stuff like that. And now I'm like a feminist, and it's all because of her," he said.
"

Blogger Sir Thermite June 08, 2016 9:21 PM  

Heh, today one of my social media friends (a Boomer woman I used to work with) posted this "bad ass", totally-not-staged photo. The timing is perfect

Blogger Kona Commuter June 08, 2016 9:56 PM  

@ #104 Sir Thermite

LMAO @ that picture - someone should splice that in with footage from a movie with the Germans arguing wether or not they should strafe those landing craft

Hans "Don't shoot the women!"
>Cliched German name< "If we don't they'll destroy our nation with Feminism"
Hans "Use the flame throwers!!!"

Blogger IreneAthena June 08, 2016 10:03 PM  

@87 hurting people "in the feelz" isn't ladylike, and Grace Hopper was a lady. There are male gamers here who likely haven't been shaving for long, and "Amazing Grace" would would be likely to exhibit grand-motherly interest, rather than disdain, if she could observe them at their strange new war exercises. She didn't need feminism to get the respect she deserved from her male colleagues, but it didn't come easy. It took hard work and tangible results, and she was "first" in fewer things than she was only because she came late to the party: she had the very, very honorable business of bringing up her babies to attend to.

Anonymous Wanderer June 08, 2016 10:28 PM  

Women do fantastic stuff in tech, however.

Blogger Tom K. June 08, 2016 11:11 PM  

The five to DO is manly pride. We just don't think of it that way because that is just what men do.

We know it's manly pride because of that shame when we DON'T do.

Blogger Tom K. June 08, 2016 11:12 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Tom K. June 08, 2016 11:13 PM  

The urge to DO is manly pride. We just don't think of it that way because that is just what men do.

We know it's manly pride because of that shame we feel when we DON'T do.

Anonymous andon June 08, 2016 11:17 PM  

A big part of the problem is that we don’t recognize envy in women because it seems so normal. If a man had set out to upstage Lindbergh by hiring someone to chauffeur him across the Atlantic (or anything else short of real achievement), he would be a laughingstock.

true

Anonymous andon June 08, 2016 11:44 PM  

interesting that the media went along with the lie even way back then

Blogger bob k. mando June 09, 2016 4:00 AM  

112. andon June 08, 2016 11:44 PM
interesting that the media went along with the lie even way back then



interesting?

come ON, people. the Russian Revolution happened in 1917 and they covered for Lenin's holocaust in that.

Earhart's "potato sack" ride didn't happen until 1928, more than a decade after it was blatantly obvious that the national news media was an almost wholly controlled organ of International Communism.

Blogger Francis Parker Yockey June 09, 2016 8:02 AM  

Definitely. Add up all those tanks he took out, and it's basically an entire armored division. Wasn't he a consultant on the A-10 design?

Blogger Francis Parker Yockey June 09, 2016 8:07 AM  

Funny how that works...

Anonymous BGKB June 09, 2016 10:49 AM  

The gay media cant help itself putting up pics of the blond woman that beat up 2 fagots in Philly 6 months ago. I am not sure if its because its a blond WOMAN beat up 2 MEN or if its because a BLOND woman beat up 2 (((faggots)))). Yet when a moslem nigger, Mohamad Ali Brown, serial killed faggots in 3 states including one in Philly there was no coverage at all of him, I had to find out about it on a hate site that he was caught 2 weeks after the Ferguson Liquor store robber was killed.

Blogger Francis Parker Yockey June 09, 2016 11:36 AM  

And by 1933, they were giving the Pulitzer Prize to Walter Duranty for his invaluable work in covering up the Holodomor. That Pulitzer Prize is still exhibited at the NYT today.

Meanwhile, Malcolm Muggeridge and Gareth Jones, just about the only two to honestly report on the genocide, were "no-platformed" by the (((media))). Jones would be dead within a couple of years, a victim of Communist assassins...

Blogger Akulkis June 10, 2016 1:52 AM  

@51

"more to the point, there was a VALID REASON for Bessie not buckling in:
she was scouting the terrain for a parachute jump which she was planning to make the next day and needed the freedom of movement."

That's NOT a valid reason at all.

If you want to look over the side of a WW1 biplane, you BANK THE AIRCRAFT (i.e. do a partial roll) so that you can see the ground over the side. Half-crawling-out of the cockpit is literally suicidal, as the results provably indicate.

Blogger Jerry27 June 13, 2016 10:30 AM  

She did not deserve the coverup FDR gave her.

https://redice.tv/red-ice-radio/the-disappearance-of-amelia-earhart-fdr-s-cover-up

She is also listed in wikipedia's greastest misses.

https://earharttruth.wordpress.com/2016/05/07/david-martin-reviews-second-edition-of-the-truth-at-last/

thanks,
Jerry

Blogger Jerry27 September 17, 2016 5:22 AM  

The Republic of Marshall Island issued postage stamps which tell what native islanders saw. By this account Amelia landed at Mili Atoll -- she, Noonan and her electra were picked up by a Japanese ship named KOSHU.

click on link below
https://earharttruth.wordpress.com/#jp-carousel-4515

The independent Republic of the Marshalls Islands issued these four postage stamps to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Amelia Earhart’s landing at Mili Atoll and pickup by the Japanese survey ship Koshu in July 1937. To the Marshallese people, the Earhart disappearance is no mystery or rumor, but a stone cold fact.
thanks,
Jerry

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts