ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2016 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Thursday, July 07, 2016

Black Iron Girl

I actually rather enjoy it when white SJWs attempt to write diversity of one sort or another. It's reliably hilarious how they believe they're totally pulling it off when they are doing nothing more than writing men with tits, married suburban housewives with penises, or white people with dark skin.
There’s a new Iron Man. Well, Iron Man for now. She’s still working on the name. The events at the end of the comic-book event series Civil War II will result in Tony Stark stepping out of the Iron Man suit and a new character, Riri Williams, taking over, Marvel tells TIME. (Note: Tony’s departure doesn’t mean you know the end to Civil War II yet.)

Riri is a science genius who enrolls in MIT at the age of 15. She comes to the attention of Tony when she builds her own Iron Man suit in her dorm. Creator and Iron Man writer Brian Michael Bendis spoke exclusively to TIME about the creation of Riri Williams with comic-book artist Stefano Caselli and Marvel’s increasingly diverse cast of characters.

How did you come up with the character of Riri Williams?

One of the things that stuck with me when I was working in Chicago a couple of years ago on a TV show that didn’t end up airing was the amount of chaos and violence. And this story of this brilliant, young woman whose life was marred by tragedy that could have easily ended her life — just random street violence — and went off to college was very inspiring to me. I thought that was the most modern version of a superhero or superheroine story I had ever heard. And I sat with it for awhile until I had the right character and the right place.

As we’ve been slowly and hopefully very organically adding all these new characters to the Marvel Universe, it just seemed that sort of violence inspiring a young hero to rise up and act, and using her science acumen, her natural-born abilities that are still raw but so ahead of where even Tony Stark was at that age, was very exciting to me.
One presumes RihannaRiri - even the name comes from the writer's extensive knowledge of African-American culture; I'm only surprised it wasn't Beyonce -  must be exceptionally intelligent, considering that she's been able to fund her technologically advanced R&D with an EBT card.

I'm looking forward to the plot twist when, like her real-world predecessor, Riri drops out of both MIT and the Avengers in order to work as a stripper.

From Twitter:
Supreme Dark Lord @voxday
If the comics imitated life, Riri aka Black Iron Girl would drop out of both MIT and the Avengers to work as a stripper in Atlanta. #IronMan

A ‏@atmaybury
If @voxday was a halfway competent author, he wouldn't have to run his own vanity press.

Supreme Dark Lord @voxday
That "vanity press" is on track to become the largest publisher in science fiction. The Hugos were just a warning shot.
We are going to have some very interesting announcements around the end of the month. And I have no doubt that when Castalia passes up the twitching corpse of Tor Books, the event will serve as a tribute to what can be described, at the very least, my competence as well as my vanity.

Labels: ,

235 Comments:

1 – 200 of 235 Newer› Newest»
Blogger Werekoala1066 July 07, 2016 8:17 AM  

I think the real question in all this is - how is she going to fit all that hair in the helmet?

Anonymous Faceless July 07, 2016 8:18 AM  

They do this to comics because they are the ghetto, the money-loser. Marvel makes all its money on the movies now. The movies appear to star broad-shouldered white guys and a big-breasted white woman. They'll do the diversity swap on film once the movies start waning as they go full sperg with their civil war timeline that looks like it could be as fun as reading galactic senate committee minutes in Star Wars, and then Marvel will do what Marvel does best - render itself once again the province of social autists.

Blogger EasyCompany July 07, 2016 8:22 AM  

How is a 15 year old a woman?

Blogger Stilicho July 07, 2016 8:25 AM  

Iron Pantsuit? No, that's the Lizard queen.

Iron Manlette?

Iron Beotch?

Iron Zhe?

Iron Sista?

Iron Booty?

Iron Law of SJW failure?

Speaking of which, how dare they force this character to identify as female! How patriarchal of them! Don't they know that "gender" is fluid and that this is Present Day?

Blogger Dirtnapninja July 07, 2016 8:25 AM  

Aaaaaaaand that's why Marvel and DC comic sales are tanking.

Its a death spiral..sales diminish, so they reboot, gender bend or blackwash, sales get a quick curiosity bump. But the longterm fans are turned off and stop buying, so they reboot, genderbend or blackwash for another quick bump which of course pisses off more fans. Rinse and repeat.

Of course the SJW convergence immediately turns off a huge potential market, while the increasingly feminised subculture becomes dominated by hipsters and young adults which drives out the adolescent males that were the main market.

The only thing keeping DC and Marvel afloat is licensing, but there are signs that the moviegoers are starting to grow tired of superhero movies.



Blogger Shimshon July 07, 2016 8:26 AM  

They were clearly inspired by Google's Juno doodle.

Maybe she was able embezzle her scholarship money to fund the suit development? And because black, the university admin and the government decides not to press charges or expel her. After all, it would blow their diversity quota to do either.

Anonymous BitMumbler July 07, 2016 8:27 AM  

The usual suspects are already bitching about the fact that the writers for Riri are white men and not black women.

There is no pleasing these people.

Also lol at the "super smart black scientist" archetype they keep trying to wedge into popular culture. Nobody is buying it (including blacks) except for virtue signalling SJWs.

Anonymous Gedrin July 07, 2016 8:28 AM  

So, next step, start developing comics that are anti-SJW?

OpenID paworldandtimes July 07, 2016 8:29 AM  

In completely unrelated news, there is handwringing in the media over the fact that the Ghost Busterette action figures are not selling.

PA

Blogger Worlds Edge July 07, 2016 8:29 AM  

I no longer follow comics to any extent, but I'm curious why the link would cite FemThor and Miles/ArañoHombre. Are these versions of the comic actually selling? I know both Marvel and DC keep their digital sales figures under wraps to avoid pissing off shop owners, but absent some huge numbers in the digital sphere my admittedly limited understanding is that both are way, way down in sales.

Blogger Al From Bay Shore July 07, 2016 8:29 AM  

Blade, T'Challa, Luke Cage, and Sam Wilson are, for now, immune from these SJW sex change operations. However, when the SJW publishers run out of white men, they'll be next.

Anonymous Icicle July 07, 2016 8:31 AM  

This is finally happening.

This is what I always wanted to see when I watched the Iron Man movies.

Blogger Sherwood family July 07, 2016 8:32 AM  

I, for one, am intrigued with the coming announcements. I have enjoyed watching Castalia House go from strength to strength. I look forward to its crushing of SJW owned and operated imprints.

Anonymous NateM July 07, 2016 8:34 AM  

The fact that they think the adding of these characters is "organic" tells you all you need to know. Though more realistically shed drop out to support her baby daddy, Alton Trayvon Michael Brown, who was crippled by police violence when he wasn't even doing nothin. Doesn't the writer know referring to random violence is only not Racist when it's totally not black people's fault?

Blogger Krul July 07, 2016 8:38 AM  

The novelty has completely worn off.

She-Thor was a genuine WTF moment and Captain America-is-a-Nazi got people justifiably pissed off. But since then Marvel has gone off the rails so completely that none of their bullshit is surprising anymore.

By now it's just... cute.

Anonymous Rawle Nyanzi July 07, 2016 8:41 AM  

Regarding that "vanity press" quip, it's something I've noticed with SJWs; they always try to minimize a person. It's a consistent theme in all of their rhetoric. There's this persistent need to see the target of their ire as small or obscure, as if headpats from the Right People, not high sales, are a true mark of success.

Blogger J A Baker July 07, 2016 8:41 AM  

Jarvis: Riri, I've scanned the vicinity and have detected 359, no 429,no 627- many many microaggressions currently in progress. How would you like to procede?

Riri: No time to waste, notify the other Revengers, and get me a direct line to President Clinton, we're going to need to suspend the rule of law.

Blogger Cail Corishev July 07, 2016 8:43 AM  

In completely unrelated news, there is handwringing in the media over the fact that the Ghost Busterette action figures are not selling.

Sounds like it's juuuust about time for Directive 10-289.

Blogger CM July 07, 2016 8:44 AM  

And this story of this brilliant, young woman whose life was marred by tragedy that could have easily ended her life — just random street violence — and went off to college was very inspiring to me. I thought that was the most modern version of a superhero or superheroine story I had ever heard.

What happened to Spiderman? And who exactly do they think is going to READ this? Fifteen year old black girls? Would they even SEE this as a movie over a Hot Tub Time Machine 500,000???

Why do they hate white, male nerds so much? Oh... everybody hates them until they want to be poseurs in their culture. Hey Bleek... I'll stop Whigging if you stop bleeking.

Blogger VD July 07, 2016 8:51 AM  

Regarding that "vanity press" quip, it's something I've noticed with SJWs; they always try to minimize a person. It's a consistent theme in all of their rhetoric. There's this persistent need to see the target of their ire as small or obscure, as if headpats from the Right People, not high sales, are a true mark of success.

Exactly. And then when it becomes obvious that it won't work anymore, they suddenly go silent on that front. When is the last time you've heard someone saying that I am jealous of John Scalzi's site traffic? That used to be a regular theme back in the 2010-2013 timeframe. Not so much anymore.

Anonymous ReVengeance July 07, 2016 8:52 AM  

Riri is a [black female inner city] science genius who enrolls in MIT at the age of 15.

It's good that she started that path now while she only has two illegitimate babies to feed.

Anonymous Damius Zoltron Shatwavonce July 07, 2016 8:56 AM  

ugggggg look at these whinny bitchs

it are turn now

move a side

Blogger Shimshon July 07, 2016 8:57 AM  

Vox, they probably still want to believe that you are that small/unformidable/etc. It's the "I don't know anyone who voted for Nixon" idiocy all over again. And, as you point out, they don't know their enemy. Ultimately, now that the battle has finally been joined, they will eventually be defeated.

Blogger Cataline Sergius July 07, 2016 9:00 AM  

Comics have been doing this a lot lately. They are aware that at this point their industry is a non-profit, so they act like it.

Neither Disney nor Warner cares in the least what the comics get up to because their annual loses are basically a rounding error to these companies.

The only reason they exist at all now is to keep copyright and trademarks current.

I remember the first string of ethnic heroes from the 1970s.

The SJWs in comics were feeling their oats for the first time and started bombarding all of their stories with Social Relevance.

Pretty much all of the ethnically diverse characters had "Black" in their superhero name. They are of course considered racially offensive today.


You can bet Iron Girl to have a one year run and then the character will revert to Stark.

Blogger Josh July 07, 2016 9:01 AM  

If you had a vanity press, you would have published more of your own writing.

Blogger exfarmkid July 07, 2016 9:01 AM  

What the hell is wrong with these people?

Anonymous Elipe July 07, 2016 9:01 AM  

Black woman that acts like a white by going to MIT, being super-genius, building a super suit using extensive knowledge of computer engineering, computer science, electronics, and physics...

Problematic!

Why does Marvel hate black culture so much? Hell, they'll even have her NOT speak ebonics! Das raciss.

Blogger Josh July 07, 2016 9:01 AM  

BLACK SCIENCE GIRL!

Blogger 4499 July 07, 2016 9:02 AM  

"Who dat big green muthafucka think he is, tearin' shit up? An' look at dem raggedy-ass purple pants he be wearin'! You know he ain't got no job! He ain't even wearin' shoes! . . .Enough a dis bullshit, I'ma go to Clarisse's, get my nails painted. Look like a fuckin' lady."

Blogger MC227 July 07, 2016 9:06 AM  

Of course there is no pleasing them and there never ever will so why even try let them complain their life away. When a 2 year old acts up you just ignore them until they behave in an acceptable manner. What's the difference?

Anonymous Damius Zoltron Shatwavonce July 07, 2016 9:06 AM  

yeah that 4499 got it dawg

make the kash getthe pusy

Blogger Sagramore July 07, 2016 9:07 AM  

Je ris.

Anonymous Strange Aeons July 07, 2016 9:09 AM  

Educate urselfs, whitey: it is the current year.
See, the arc reactor technology was invented by the blacks, but stolen by Tony Stark when he was taking a guided tour of the caves where the black arc reactor science was being researched. He left the tour and snuck into a restricted area to steal the Iron Man suit from the blacks, who were the true generic Middle Easterners in the same way that blacks are the true Jews and the true Egyptians and the true native Americans and whatever other entire civilizations they feel like appropriating.
Riri is jus' takin' it back because reparations. This was easily done once it was discovered that Tony could be shamed into anything by a single PoC lecturing in an otherwise empty hallway.

Blogger szopen July 07, 2016 9:11 AM  

As long the actress will be hot, there would be a lot of (nonSJW) men who would absolutely not care whether the movie will be social justice propaganda or flick about advantages of life in celibacy. We already had Xena, full of feminist and leftist not-so-subtle propaganda and it was immensely popular despite its stupidy.

The only thing which would destroy this movie is if the heroine would be fat and old. Which gives me the idea that maybe someone should start a petition that new Iron-woman should resign from fat-shaming and objectifying cult of young female bodies, and hire Rebel Wilson to play main character. No wait, she has to be black. Googling "the fattest black actress"... Gabourey Sidibi to play Iron-women! No more fat-shaming in Hollywood!

Anonymous ReVengeance July 07, 2016 9:12 AM  

Should have picked our own goddamn cotton...

Blogger J A Baker July 07, 2016 9:13 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Anonymous Damius Zoltron Shatwavonce July 07, 2016 9:13 AM  

talkin shit!!!

dude jesus wasblack

Anonymous Jules July 07, 2016 9:14 AM  

So, what I'm taking away from all this is that a lot of people on the alt right have a fetish for Black girls and/or have gotten turned down by a Black woman

Anonymous andon July 07, 2016 9:14 AM  

when do white people just stop buying this crp?

when I see some product with a bunch of nggers on it I figure its not for me

Blogger Josh July 07, 2016 9:15 AM  


dude jesus wasblack


Kang of Kangz

Anonymous Damius Zoltron Shatwavonce July 07, 2016 9:16 AM  

huhh whatthe fuck a kang

Blogger J A Baker July 07, 2016 9:17 AM  

I would argue that these changes are either intentionally antagonistic or else they show a lack or imagination and originality in the writers.

I mean why do they have to take already established characters and change them so drastically in the name of diversity?

Couldn't they have created new diverse characters?

Oh wait, maybe without the established titles they believed those characters would be too much of a risk and bomb?

I don't know. Disney is to big to fail. So it's either they lack imagination, or they are intentionally trying to cause controversy. I think it's a little of one and a lot of the other.

Blogger Student in Blue July 07, 2016 9:17 AM  

@NateM
Though more realistically shed drop out to support her baby daddy, Alton Trayvon Michael Brown, who was crippled by police violence when he wasn't even doing nothin.

Hey now, what did Alton ever do to you?

Anonymous VFM #6306 July 07, 2016 9:20 AM  

Huh. A Ririguard action. Wasn't expecting full retreat for another few weeks.

Blogger Aaron Swenson July 07, 2016 9:21 AM  

Maybe they could call it "Iron Weave"

Anonymous Napoleon 12pdr July 07, 2016 9:21 AM  

Twitching corpse of Tor? I thought the plan was to buy it out, so the Supreme Dark Lord could have the pleasure of firing the Toads in person. Then having them dragged out by VFM Security Services...feet first, with their heads bouncing on every step of 14 flights of stairs.

Even if we need to use a cargo elevator.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan July 07, 2016 9:23 AM  

It can be done but this seems like the usual paint by numbers routine, not exactly top notch talent.

Anyway I click the link and go to Time and they basically surround this article by pics of hot whitie chicks, "diversity" is so fucking lame.

Anonymous VFM #6306 July 07, 2016 9:25 AM  

To be fair, Marvel have made her Asian, but that would have put a chink in their armor.

Anonymous Big Bill July 07, 2016 9:26 AM  

Is that the new narrative? That a "real" author works for a dead tree publisher and a failed author starts his own publishing company?

I guess I never thought of DAW or Gernsbach as failed authors.

Interesting perspective.

Anonymous Kitty's Uncle Schlomo July 07, 2016 9:27 AM  

Lol... A suit of flying cybernetic battle armor is at least vaguely plausible... A black female super genius engineering major at MIT? Suspension of disbelief can only be stretched so far...

I think The X-men's Kitty Pryde may take issue with this....

Anonymous Be Not Afraid July 07, 2016 9:27 AM  

Speaking of the Hugos, O Supreme Dark Lord, we stand ready to do thy bidding.

Anonymous VFM#1819 July 07, 2016 9:31 AM  

Riri? As in Re-Re? As in the word used as shorthand for retard? Ahh perfect.

Blogger SemiSpook37 July 07, 2016 9:31 AM  

This just smacks of tokenism to me. In the cases of Sam Wilson and Miles Morales, both men, regardless of what their heritages are before assuming their respective mantles, both earned the right to take on the mantles of the heroes they currently own. Honestly, the whole thread of Jane Foster as Thor makes sense because of the rather flexible rules that surround Moljnir as established in the Marvel canon.

This decision, OTOH, is completely out of character, even for a mediocre writer such as Bendis. Part of me thinks this is a self inflicted penance for his brief thread last year between Stark and Strange as "Awesome Facial Hair Bros".

Let's be honest, though: he wasn't wrong on that one.

Blogger Dexter July 07, 2016 9:31 AM  

this story of this brilliant, young woman whose life was marred by tragedy that could have easily ended her life — just random street violence — and went off to college was very inspiring to me.

Yeah except IRL she went to some shitty state school and majored in Black Grievance Studies.

Blogger Alexander July 07, 2016 9:31 AM  

@34

In this day and age of the internets, I cannot wrap my mind around the idea that men will pay good money to sit it a theater at a specific time, because 'hot chick' on the screen.

I assume this does still happen, but it boggles the mind.

That goes double for white men paying to see a black woman.

For the average guy who has nothing against super hero films but doesn't know comics and is just looking for a good show, this will be passed over without a second glance. It will gross better than Ghostbusters, but...

Blogger VD July 07, 2016 9:32 AM  

Speaking of the Hugos, O Supreme Dark Lord, we stand ready to do thy bidding.

I shall post my ballot soon. It may, perchance, be of interest to some of you.

Blogger S1AL July 07, 2016 9:35 AM  

"Exactly. And then when it becomes obvious that it won't work anymore, they suddenly go silent on that front. When is the last time you've heard someone saying that I am jealous of John Scalzi's site traffic? That used to be a regular theme back in the 2010-2013 timeframe. Not so much anymore."

Yes, yes, but what about his great, big tracts o' land? Surely you envy his most utterly magnificent lawn. This whole thing is really about the grass being greener on the other side of the Atlantic.

Blogger Dexter July 07, 2016 9:35 AM  

using her science acumen, her natural-born abilities that are still raw but so ahead of where even Tony Stark was at that age

Too bad SCIENCE is not a "natural born ability" that one genetically inherits, but a body of knowledge acquired through conscientious study of difficult subjects.

Blogger Cataline Sergius July 07, 2016 9:35 AM  

DC found some actual black people and gave them their own Comics line in 1990s. Milestone Comics.

Honestly, it was all derivative. They claimed that that was a deliberate choice and was not at all due to a lack of imagination.

But that said, there was an honesty to the characters. Their Superman's teenage sidekick got pregnant in high school. Their X-Men were gang bangers that sold drugs on the side.

Eventually they went full SJW before SJW was even a thing and the whole line folded.

Sole survivor: Their Peter Parker ripoff, Static.

Blogger VD July 07, 2016 9:37 AM  

Vox, they probably still want to believe that you are that small/unformidable/etc.

Yes, only last year one SJW was convinced that her blog of 600 pageviews per WEEK was bigger and more influential than VP. So, you see, if they just ignored me, that would cause me to vanish or something.

Anonymous TLM July 07, 2016 9:37 AM  

Built a suit in her dorm room. Blacks can't weld, women certainly can't weld, and the idea of doing this in a dorm room is absurd.

Blogger VD July 07, 2016 9:39 AM  

Surely you envy his most utterly magnificent lawn.

I prefer my view of the little body of water I like to call il Mediterraneo.

Blogger szopen July 07, 2016 9:40 AM  

@55
In this day and age of the internets, I cannot wrap my mind around the idea that men will pay good money to sit it a theater at a specific time, because 'hot chick' on the screen.

Never underestimate immature men stupidity.

Blogger horsewithnonick July 07, 2016 9:41 AM  

OT, but adjacent:

Pitch is the (highly improbable) story of the first female player in MLB - a pitcher, no less! - and how she blah blah glass ceiling something something sexism zzzzz...

Blogger J A Baker July 07, 2016 9:42 AM  

But more to the point, even if they weren't changing the race, gender and sexual identities of these characters they'd still just be annoying whiny,self righteous SJW'S with super powers.

Anonymous Icicle July 07, 2016 9:42 AM  

women certainly can't weld

I'm laughing at this too, but calling bullshit on that one. I know of some.

Anonymous Instasetting July 07, 2016 9:47 AM  

Its not like its that hard to come up with a new superheroine. I've created a few universes with a lot of heroes myself.

So 'ReRe', black female genius, techhead, has tragedy....Rewind. Give her a few lightweight tech devices, electro stunner, some light body armor, jump jet boots, and her top notch weapon, a device that lets her jump back in time twenty seconds as many times as she wants for the same time span.

She starts out as an incompetent fighter with some cool tech, gets people killed, rewinds it, does it again, until she gets it right. Gradually learns how to fight, and upgrades some of her weapons. She's mostly on the lightweight sided of heroes but she has a cool gimmick none of them have.

And I give you ....Rewind.

Blogger J A Baker July 07, 2016 9:52 AM  

@Instasetting,

And for her cause, let it be to bring to light the epidemic of black on black violence. She can hail from Chicago and fight against crooked community organza and race baiting reverend who hijack narratives and exploit tragedies while nothing changes.

Blogger The Other Robot July 07, 2016 9:56 AM  

Being a super genius, Riri could probably figure out that you tell the cop you have a concealed carry license and a gun after you hand him your ID.

However, it does look like an execution to me.

Anonymous Nathan July 07, 2016 9:57 AM  

What's the established circle of appropriation? Asians get replaced by Whites who get replaced by Blacks? But go the other way and it's racist?

Screw the progressive stack and its attempts to impose caste on people.

Blogger The Other Robot July 07, 2016 9:59 AM  

Built a suit in her dorm room. Blacks can't weld, women certainly can't weld, and the idea of doing this in a dorm room is absurd.

Aren't you underestimating the power of the 'vagina'?

Anonymous Icicle July 07, 2016 10:00 AM  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO5EpTsSOnU

The Chinese critiquing Africans' technological prowess. The best part is there are no Caucasians in this clip. Did he not get the memo? IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR.

LITERALLY HITLER.

Blogger SemiSpook37 July 07, 2016 10:01 AM  

szopen wrote:@55

In this day and age of the internets, I cannot wrap my mind around the idea that men will pay good money to sit it a theater at a specific time, because 'hot chick' on the screen.

Never underestimate immature men stupidity.


You'd be surprised how quickly and ugly an "attractive" woman becomes when she speaks openly about the latest SJW campaign. It's times like these that make question why personal ignorance/stupidity isn't painful, because it needs to be. It's painful enough to be on the receiving end, but it boggles the mind that it isn't just as painful to be delivering it.

Blogger Alexander July 07, 2016 10:01 AM  

At first I thought this was far-fetched, but it's possibly she's the direct descendant of George Washington Carver, inventor of agriculture.

Blogger Josh July 07, 2016 10:08 AM  

Being a super genius, Riri could probably figure out that you tell the cop you have a concealed carry license and a gun after you hand him your ID.

Nope, you're told during your concealed carry class to let the officer know you have a gun before reaching for anything. The victim did exactly what he was told to do in his class.

NWA was right. Fuck the police.

Blogger John S July 07, 2016 10:10 AM  

It's surreal. We've entered an era when 4chan/8chan produces works of greater social relevance and insight than any major comic book publisher.

The rush to replace every normal white aspirational hero figure with some aggrieved minority affirmative action hire reminds me of a turn of phrase I heard recently: "Societies are like leaves, they change color before they die."

Or so we are meant to think by those creating culture, at any rate.

Blogger VD July 07, 2016 10:18 AM  

I know of some.

No, you don't.

Anonymous VFM #9617 July 07, 2016 10:22 AM  

"So, next step, start developing comics that are anti-SJW?"

Not necessarily anti-SJW by design, but most all of the Japanese stuff is pretty much as un-SJW as you'll find, both in the appearances (so many whiter-than white characters, especially female ones) and in story lines. Hell, Pokemon movies messages and story lines are way better than Disney. I like them, my son is big-time into them and doesn't have time for any of the schlock produced here.

Unfortunately there's always trade-offs, but I much prefer my son wander off into some tentacle-porn than whatever deviant shit you go into after buying into black iron woman, or *shudder* those fugg-ugly Ghostbusterettes.

Anonymous BGKB July 07, 2016 10:23 AM  

Seriously are there any actual black blacks at MIT that last more than a semester? I don't mean 15/16th white people or Indians pretending to be black obviously. Looks like she will need Pym particles to get her afro into the helmet.

How is a 15 year old a woman? By squatting out at least 3 crackbabies by that age.

there is handwringing in the media over the fact that the Ghost Busterette action figures are not selling.

You would think the Ghost Bustereetes would at least have busts, and they could have found someone over a 5/10.

Blogger Dexter July 07, 2016 10:24 AM  

Built a suit in her dorm room. Blacks can't weld, women certainly can't weld, and the idea of doing this in a dorm room is absurd.

Hey, if you're OK with a flight suit that violates the laws of physics and human physiology, why gag on a black girl building it in a dorm room?

Blogger B.J. July 07, 2016 10:26 AM  

Alexander wrote:@34

In this day and age of the internets, I cannot wrap my mind around the idea that men will pay good money to sit it a theater at a specific time, because 'hot chick' on the screen.

I assume this does still happen, but it boggles the mind.



It doesn't happen. Evidence shows that female-lead action pieces do not sell tickets, with rare exceptions. Even the Hunger Games movies sold more on drama and fashion than action.

Heroism is male. Everyone understands that, consciously or not. That's why they are preemptively attacking and shaming people for not seeing Ghostbusters. It's a movie without a market.

Anonymous Thales July 07, 2016 10:27 AM  

They must include "organic" in their marketing since the characters are so obviously artificial.

Blogger Zaklog the Great July 07, 2016 10:30 AM  

It is truly pathetic how entirely uncreative these SJW creeps are that all they can do is take established characters and say, Okay, but now it's a woman! But now he's black! But now, he likes shoving his dick into other men!

If they were any good as artists, they would create new characters of these demographics and build a fan base for them, but they're lazy parasites who just use up and destroy the work of better men than they. Ugh.

Anonymous Thales July 07, 2016 10:30 AM  

Hey, if you're OK with a flight suit that violates the laws of physics and human physiology, why gag on a black girl building it in a dorm room?

John C. Wright already addressed this general issue.

Anonymous Who’s On First? July 07, 2016 10:32 AM  

What kind of name is that? Riri? Is that riri the best name anyone could come up with for a new character?

“What’s her name gonna be?”
“Riri”
“Yeah, I really want to know, what’s the name?
“Riri! I told you!”
“No, you didn’t, you really didn’t tell me, now what’s the name?”
“Riri! Riri!”
“Yes! Really! Tell me!”
“RIRI! She built her own iron man suit, Riri!”
“Really? Oh, go on!”

Etc.
The jokes, they write themselves.

OpenID paworldandtimes July 07, 2016 10:32 AM  

I know of some.

A sure sign of a false claim is when somebody says that he knows a multiple number of a very unusual type of person. It's plausible to claim "I know a Buddhist skateboarding" but "I know LOTS (or A FEW) Buddhist skateboarding enthusiasts" is a sloppy lie.


I don't mean 15/16th white people

Whoo you callin' Three-Fitts, raciss?

PA

Blogger Noah B July 07, 2016 10:33 AM  

I'm looking forward to the plot twist when, like her real-world predecessor, Riri drops out of both MIT and the Avengers in order to work as a stripper.

Who the hell wants to see a black stripper?

Anonymous VFM #6306 July 07, 2016 10:34 AM  

The original Iron Man suit was built by an adult weapons designer in a secret POW facility with access to war scrap.

And it looked like a spot-welded barrel.

It would have been more diverse if she blowtorched her jericurl while pledging Lambda Lambda Lambda.

Blogger JDC July 07, 2016 10:36 AM  

I for one am waiting for Black Panther to be re-cast as an Alabama farm boy. Nate will be giddy with glee and bourbon.

Blogger The Other Robot July 07, 2016 10:37 AM  

Nope, you're told during your concealed carry class to let the officer know you have a gun before reaching for anything. The victim did exactly what he was told to do in his class.

I guess the concealed carry classes did not anticipate trigger happy cops.

Anonymous Icicle July 07, 2016 10:38 AM  

No, you don't.

Yes, I do.

And actual females, not Caitlyn Jenner decides to weld.
And they're straight, not attending Welding Dorito Night.
And they wear dresses with long hair, not a Jenny Shimizu clone.

And well enough to make money at it for years at a time, not affirmative action pity.

As Stephen King said on writing: "If you wrote something for which someone sent you a check, if you cashed the check and it didn't bounce, and if you then paid the light bill with the money, I consider you talented."

A sure sign of a false claim is when somebody says that he knows a multiple number of a very unusual type of person. It's plausible to claim "I know a Buddhist skateboarding" but "I know LOTS (or A FEW) Buddhist skateboarding enthusiasts" is a sloppy lie.

Or the ability to count. Since "some" precludes "none" which would make the original claim incorrect.

Blogger Salt July 07, 2016 10:38 AM  

TLM wrote:women certainly can't weld

I'll tell that to Lexi next time I see her. Her father's a master welder and he taught her.

Blogger VD July 07, 2016 10:38 AM  

Hey, if you're OK with a flight suit that violates the laws of physics and human physiology, why gag on a black girl building it in a dorm room?

Because the former is still more likely if that dorm room is at MIT.

Blogger JDC July 07, 2016 10:39 AM  

Welding is sexist. It requires one to possess steady hands, be willing to subjugate oneself to dangerous fumes, causes undue perspiration and requires one to relinquish their rose colored glasses for thick dark ones.

Blogger YIH July 07, 2016 10:41 AM  

paworldandtimes wrote:In completely unrelated news, there is handwringing in the media over the fact that the Ghost Busterette action figures are not selling.

PA

No joke, the toys are being marked down already ;)

Blogger VD July 07, 2016 10:42 AM  

And actual females, not Caitlyn Jenner decides to weld.
And they're straight, not attending Welding Dorito Night.
And they wear dresses with long hair, not a Jenny Shimizu clone.


The welding train is fine.

Anonymous basementhomebrewer July 07, 2016 10:44 AM  

Elipe wrote:Black woman that acts like a white by going to MIT, being super-genius, building a super suit using extensive knowledge of computer engineering, computer science, electronics, and physics...

Problematic!

Why does Marvel hate black culture so much? Hell, they'll even have her NOT speak ebonics! Das raciss.


If the white writers actually wrote a black culture story line around it like, looting the suit in a riot, they would be universally called racisss!

Blogger praetorian July 07, 2016 10:50 AM  

Should have picked our own goddamn cotton...

The original black pill...

chink in their armor

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/lVrVzub

Blogger Josh July 07, 2016 10:54 AM  

The welding train is fine.

ACTUALLY VOX IT'S PROBABLY VERY DANGEROUS TO DO ANY WELDING ON A MOVING TRAIN

Blogger Arthur Isaac July 07, 2016 10:54 AM  

Organic, maybe the can mix in a storyline wherein she visits Planned Parenthood after realizing that retrofitting her suit is too much work for the WIC money.

OpenID paworldandtimes July 07, 2016 10:55 AM  

Or the ability to count. Since "some" precludes "none" which would make the original claim incorrect.

Choo! Choo!

Anonymous Icicle July 07, 2016 10:57 AM  

The welding train is fine.

Let's hope. It is welded. To my correctness.

Blogger Noah B July 07, 2016 10:57 AM  

However, it does look like an execution to me.

Maybe the cop was careless, but there's no evidence that he intended to violate the law.

Blogger Bernard Brandt July 07, 2016 10:59 AM  

Iron Bitch

Anonymous BGKB July 07, 2016 10:59 AM  

Hey, if you're OK with a flight suit that violates the laws of physics and human physiology,

What human physiology does it violate? We have real world pilot suits to deal with high G forces.

Jane Foster as Thor makes sense because of the rather flexible rules that surround Moljnir as established in the Marvel canon.

Moljnir ribbed for her pleasure. There are still people who worship the norse gods, when they heard about Hiemdhal being black they thought it was a mistranslation. They said the part about him having a dirty backside meant he was gay not black.

I cannot wrap my mind around the idea that men will pay good money to sit it a theater at a specific time, because 'hot chick'

Have you heard about (((Radcliffe's ))) new movie Swiss Army Man, that appears to have gay necrophilia scenes in the trailer?

Its not like its that hard to come up with a new superheroine.

Get out a super hero RPG and some dice.

Milestone comics...Sole survivor: Their Peter Parker ripoff, Static.

Wasn't their most powerful guy a white red haired flamer?

you tell the cop you have a concealed carry license and a gun after you hand him your ID.

Hand your CCW over with your ID. Even better don't break the law while driving. Don't say "i gots a gun"

", a woman named Lavish Reynolds (aka Diamond Reynolds) immediately began live-streaming video of the aftermath from a police officer shooting her boyfriend four times." "Weed in car makes the gun illegal, regardless of permit."

The victim did exactly what he was told to do in his class. According to Lavish Diamond.

Blogger Elocutioner July 07, 2016 11:00 AM  

Black Iron Girl,
You make the Marvel sales go down.

Blogger Phil Mann July 07, 2016 11:00 AM  

I was working in Chicago...on a TV show that didn’t end up airing

One of the best unintentionally funny lines I've read in a while.

Blogger Doom July 07, 2016 11:03 AM  

Let them call it vanity inspired. The more to dismiss the inevitable... the greater the shock and awe. I really love it when it's obvious, they ignore, and are... again... surprised. The difference between an optimist and a pessimist is that a pessimist is only ever happily surprised. While I still don't think that dog can swim, walking on water will do. *wink*

Blogger Salt July 07, 2016 11:04 AM  

One must truly Marvel at the thought of a super-hero Iron Maiden.

Blogger pdwalker July 07, 2016 11:05 AM  

That's a great ending line to your post.

May it happen within the next 5 years.

Blogger Salt July 07, 2016 11:06 AM  

Dig up Margaret Thatcher, put the Iron Lady back to work.

Anonymous bub July 07, 2016 11:07 AM  

@67 "And I give you ....Rewind."

try Rerun instead

Anonymous Icicle July 07, 2016 11:09 AM  

Or the ability to count. Since "some" precludes "none" which would make the original claim incorrect.

Choo! Choo!


I did run a train on your post.

Blogger Bard July 07, 2016 11:10 AM  

Dat suit will have gold spinners.

Blogger Bard July 07, 2016 11:11 AM  

Dat suit will have gold spinners.

Blogger Alexander July 07, 2016 11:15 AM  

Fe man.

Blogger bob k. mando July 07, 2016 11:17 AM  

53. SemiSpook37 July 07, 2016 9:31 AM
even for a mediocre writer such as Bendis.



have you noticed? Bendis seems to have T-Rex arms.

check the still at 00:16 in the accompanying video.



66. Icicle July 07, 2016 9:42 AM
I'm laughing at this too, but calling bullshit on that one. I know of some.



bitch, please.

women don't even know how to solder, you think they're going to wear a welding mask and muss up their hair?

http://makezine.com/2016/03/08/beautiful-woman-soldering-stock-photo-wrong/



77. VD July 07, 2016 10:18 AM
No, you don't.



i actually do know of a couple ... but they're so rare as to be practically non-existent. the one was running a small sand mining pit and doing much of the maintenance and machine operation herself. really nice woman ... but, God, the genetics / hygiene were SO unfortunate. she had a full mustache. and fat ( 5'-1" / ~220 lbs ). at one point she crushed her hand doing a transmission change on her street car.

which is something that happens to guys ... so, not Hultgreen-Curie.




87. Noah B July 07, 2016 10:33 AM
Who the hell wants to see a black stripper?



evidently, the Duke LaCrosse team ...


speaking of comics, obviously sexist titles are A-ok when women do it:
http://arstechnica.com/the-multiverse/2016/07/bitch-planet-is-a-dark-futuristic-satire-about-women-in-prison/

Anonymous Ad Victoriam July 07, 2016 11:21 AM  

@106

Now get on your bike and RIIIDE!

Anonymous BGKB July 07, 2016 11:21 AM  

Anyone worried about the shooting video the guy was a crips gang banger check him out in county orange. http://gotnews.com/breaking-philandocastile-falconheightsshooting-crips-gangmember/

Blogger Human Animal July 07, 2016 11:22 AM  

Riri Whatever = Jefferson Washington

And BGKB is right. If I gave Black-Female-Iron Man to the Mutants & Masterminds fanbase, they could spit out ten better characters before lunch.

But it's not about Good. It's about Good-For. When ideologues are involved, it's all about utility. Riri is made to say "Look, we're being progressive over here." The production people can say it to management, management can say it to whoever they like. That's what she's Good For.

"What are Comic Books Good For?"

Not Storytelling. Only agitation and attention.

Blogger residentMoron July 07, 2016 11:24 AM  

I finished The Missionaries earlier in the week and I just finished CTRL ALT Revolt earlier today.

So my money's on Vox, literally and figuratively.

Re CTRL ALT Revolt, it's not just the idea of abortion as a conversation starter that will upset SJWs; the whole story is a continuous subversive overturning of the Narrative and their manic worship of power.

It's good.

Buy it.

Blogger Jim July 07, 2016 11:24 AM  

I just don't believe any college is gonna let anybody weld stuff in their dorm room. We couldn't have a hot plate in our dorm rooms back in the 80's, let alone acetylene torches.

@ 103 Well, intent in 9/10s of the law I've been recently informed, by the FBI no less.

Blogger Frank Gappa July 07, 2016 11:25 AM  

I watched The Martian with Matt Damon last night and the Black scientist concept was in full force in that one. Totally not believable and my wife and I had the same reaction, these are black actors playing white characters, just throwing in some jive to keep it real. For truly representative diversity they should have added more Asians but there was only 1. The older white guys, the true "engineers" were just window dressing in the background, so pathetic. We both abandoned an otherwise entertaining movie half way through, the SJW have truly taken over.

Anonymous Instasetting July 07, 2016 11:26 AM  

JA Baker,

Need some supervillains to personify the villains and dark forces of the world of Windy City (pull a trick from DC, and never actually call it Chicago).

Reverend Darque...infernalist posing as minister of God. Has hellfire blasts, and can summon demons to empower 'the Chosen' aka dupes in his congregation.

Organza will be like AIM or Hydra. A group of normals with supertech that hides in the shadows. It gets its tech from the gov't, from a Senator with connections who helps DARPA lose stuff...part of the justification for this is that its a test bed for new weapons.

Overdose decided one day his customary habit of mainlining heroin was not enough. So he took a lot of everything he had in his secret stash. He should have died. He may have died. Now he's come back, stoned and stone cold crazy, and nearly invulnerable. His crimes range from hyperviolence to the completely inane such as stealing one brick from every building in town.

The Gang is just one guy of semi-decent for a criminal nature. But he can duplicate himself, and each time he does the less moral he is. By the time there are ten of them, he's a raving monster.

Blogger FALPhil July 07, 2016 11:27 AM  

@77 VD
I know of some.

No, you don't.


I don't know why you guys are in a pissing match. Approximately 2/3 of the welders that built the General Dynamics LNG Moss tanks were women. About half the welders on the membrane style LNG tanks built in Europe were women. Women make good welders when the are detail-oriented, and are trained on arc-welders. Gas welding may be different; I have no experience there.

Anonymous Icicle July 07, 2016 11:29 AM  

bitch, please.

women don't even know how to solder, you think they're going to wear a welding mask and muss up their hair?

http://makezine.com/2016/03/08/beautiful-woman-soldering-stock-photo-wrong/


That's a superb argument. I should find a stock photo of a black man fumbling with a basketball. "See! They can't play basketball!"


i actually do know of a couple ... but they're so rare as to be practically non-existent. the one was running a small sand mining pit and doing much of the maintenance and machine operation herself. really nice woman ... but, God, the genetics / hygiene were SO unfortunate. she had a full mustache. and fat ( 5'-1" / ~220 lbs ). at one point she crushed her hand doing a transmission change on her street car.

And now you see why I took the time to list the extra details Vox (sperging, in your mind). Some superintelligence.

Blogger Leo Little Book July 07, 2016 11:31 AM  

Magnetic Mulatto and Rusty Injun team up against archvillain Nordic Steel.

"He's planning a Cultural Appropriation of the Ugandan Space Shuttle!"

Blogger Jim July 07, 2016 11:32 AM  

I just don't believe any college is gonna let anybody weld stuff in their dorm room. We couldn't have a hot plate in our dorm rooms back in the 80's, let alone acetylene torches.

@ 103 Well, intent in 9/10s of the law I've been recently informed, by the FBI no less.

Anonymous Thales July 07, 2016 11:33 AM  

If there was genuine market demand for the Diversity Dozen, they wouldn't need to appropriate existing characters -- they'd just invent new superheroes and people would flock to them.

But there isn't, so they don't.

Blogger Gavin B. July 07, 2016 11:36 AM  

This isn't surprising. The comics market has been evolving for some time now, for the worse imo, but still evolving nonetheless. DC and Marvel cannot survive on the white teen male market anymore. Those guys are spending their money on video games. It's broaden the market or die.

Gone are the days when comic book conventions were filled with earnest nerdy comic geeks hoping to meet some artists, search for old issues of favorite comics, and buy some merch. Now they have become permanent 'everyday is halloween' cosplay balls, increasingly attended by women channeling their nerdslut image to titillate the internet on various social media accounts. Marvel and DC are simply revamping to give them more source material to dress to, and of course, make them keep coming back because grrlpower!

They've tried again and again to invent new multi-cultural superheros but they rarely if ever catch on and end up being profit losses. Better to retcon current characters. It sucks, but it is what it is. In a way I'm thankful because the less time I have to read Marvel the more time I can check out other new titles from the other comic publishers, where the real original stories.

Blogger SemiSpook37 July 07, 2016 11:38 AM  

BGKB wrote:Moljnir ribbed for her pleasure. There are still people who worship the norse gods, when they heard about Hiemdhal being black they thought it was a mistranslation. They said the part about him having a dirty backside meant he was gay not black.

My point was the folks in charge of the Thor storylines are pretty much going to do whatever they're going to do within the confines of their existing canon. In either case of Jane or Heimdahl, I'm not as bent out of shape about those elements because it's been established (by Marvel) that Odin can pretty much shape how that universe based on how he's feeling on a given Tuesday, as an example. The Norse adherents can be all bent out of shape about how Marvel handles the mythology, but they (should) understand that it's an extremely loose interpretation it by people that weren't exactly raised under that mythology.

Blogger Elocutioner July 07, 2016 11:43 AM  

Iron Maiden & Fe Man. Gold.

Also, what Google thinks rocket scientists should look like.
http://www.vdare.com/letters/a-reader-reports-google-doodles-hyping-nonexistent-diversity-at-nasa

Blogger Elocutioner July 07, 2016 11:45 AM  

Not only is the train fine, attendance is also up.

Blogger Robert What? July 07, 2016 11:55 AM  

Ok, another movie I won't be seeing. I won't be seeing the new Ghost Busters either. In fact I plan on not seeing them together.

Blogger bob k. mando July 07, 2016 11:56 AM  

126. Icicle July 07, 2016 11:29 AM
That's a superb argument.



you appear to be having great difficulty following this conversation.

might i suggest a posting hiatus and simply observing what's going on for a while?

Blogger VoodooJock July 07, 2016 12:02 PM  

The sinister aspect to the comic book flicks is that they're not targeted to gammas, rather, their kids. They hype it to the 6-10 year old level. That audience doesn't care about plot structure or character development, they want to see lots of explosions and wind up talking their parents (often blissfully unaware) into taking them to it.

They've killed the Joker off in 4 different Batman movies. Why? Cause each reiteration, each "reboot" of it is targeted to that same demographic. The fact they can engage in accounting gymnastics to feign profitability and losses at the same time on the same movie only adds to the appeal to the film companies.

Anonymous BGKB July 07, 2016 12:14 PM  

If there was genuine market demand for the Diversity Dozen,

video of the Freedom Assault Group https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYvPfkz3ks0
here is a cartoon of Capt Sweden from it. http://www.funnyjunk.com/captain+sweden/funny-pictures/5302944/

The Norse adherents can be all bent out of shape about how Marvel handles the mythology

How will moslems react to the moslem super hero that blows itself up & reforms unless salted with bacon bits?

Not only is the train fine, attendance is also up.

Black women suing for being kicked off wine train.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/black-book-club-women-booted-from-napa-valley-wine-train-settle-suit/

A sure sign of a false claim is when somebody says that he knows a multiple number of a very unusual type of person.

I couldn't find a single gay guy in Miami that didn't use drugs in 13 weeks.

Anonymous Bagger Vance July 07, 2016 12:20 PM  

" the amount of chaos and violence...just random street violence ..." What do you want to bet the violence is white cop on black innocent, as opposed to black-on-black street crime? I mean, what are the odds you could even show that in today's comics.

IIRC (((Bendis))) himself lives in (very white very liberal) Portland having escaped (vibrantly diverse) Cleveland. Odd that he keeps coming up with these sob stories about underprivileged minorities that he avoided as soon as he could afford to.

Anonymous NateM July 07, 2016 12:29 PM  

"Looks like she will need Pym particles to get her afro into the helmet."

Well she'd probably braid it down. Why do I know that?

"Know OF some".

Emphasis mine. People always know Of someone not actually know them. Sure sign they're bullshitting

Blogger Avalanche July 07, 2016 12:29 PM  

@24 "You can bet Iron Girl to have a one year run and then the character will revert to Stark."

Only after her heartbreaking and tear-wrenching death at the hands of some angry White Nazi dude -- so Stark will have to come back and solemnly vow to right the wron.... (oh hell, even *I* can't stop gagging!)

Anonymous Icicle July 07, 2016 12:35 PM  

you appear to be having great difficulty following this conversation.

I see. Is that why your entire train (heh heh heh) of thought is based of my original post?

might i suggest a posting hiatus and simply observing what's going on for a while?

I'll go sl-o-o-o-o-wer for you.
I took your post (using one stock photo of a woman sucking at soldering to reach a conclusion that women suck at soldering [probably a good conclusion])
Then made another using the same form (using one stock photo of a black man sucking at basketball to reach a conclusion that black men suck at basketball [probably a bad conclusion])

I can't conclude that from one stock photo. That's why it is not a good argument.

Anonymous Shut up rabbit July 07, 2016 12:36 PM  

VD wrote:

I know of some.

No, you don't.


What about Jennifer Beal? She could weld and flashdance.

Oh, you mean IRL...

Blogger Avalanche July 07, 2016 12:36 PM  

@30 "When a 2 year old acts up you just ignore them until they behave in an acceptable manner. What's the difference?"

The difference is 2-yr-olds are NOT slicing up (just between 1 Jan and late-Feb 2016 several hundred!!) White folks in the subway! What? You hadn't read that in your local and national papers? quelle surprise...

[quoting]Through Sunday, the NYPD had recorded 567 slashing attacks, some 20 percent above the pace set in early 2015 [/q]
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/24/dramatic-spike-in-nyc-slashing-attacks-frighten-citizens-puzzle-experts.html

and
[quoting]NYPD Commissioner William Bratton has downplayed the attacks, maintaining the city is “safer than ever.” While that claim is borne out by some figures, the puzzling rise in slashing attacks – now averaging roughly 10 per day, defies explanation.[/q]


Cops and pols: "Every single knife/razor-wielding attacker is black, but we don't understand why it's happening." {frown}

Blogger dlw July 07, 2016 12:39 PM  

> in her dorm

Right. Tony Stark was the owner of a high tech defense contractor and business empire, resources he used to make his suit. (at least in the 1960s version I'm familiar with)

Diversity Girl's resources in a dorm would be... what? Printing a plastic suit in hand-sized pieces on a desktop 3D printer? Papier mache? Good luck replicating Stark's atomic power source...

Looks like Stark's high tech suit will become Diversity Girl's magic suit. It'll probably fly with rainbows shooting out its ass, and have mighty morphing capabilities to turn into slutwear when not breaking the laws of physics.

Blogger Were-Puppy July 07, 2016 12:44 PM  

Dumbasses passed up an opportunity to create Iron Tran

Anonymous Barbequetta Chickendra Jone July 07, 2016 12:52 PM  

Guurl done good. They need built in Obamaphone so I can text bring me some lottry ticket.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash July 07, 2016 12:54 PM  

FALPhil wrote:@77 VD

I know of some.

No, you don't.


I don't know why you guys are in a pissing match. Approximately 2/3 of the welders that built the General Dynamics LNG Moss tanks were women. About half the welders on the membrane style LNG tanks built in Europe were women. Women make good welders when the are detail-oriented, and are trained on arc-welders. Gas welding may be different; I have no experience there.


Why would over half the welders on a project be women, when, in my experience less than 5% of professional welders are women? Odd that. How could it be?
Oh, right, government project, affirmative action, have to get the wimmins in on the gravy train. And how much of the welding did these oh so talented detail-oriented women do? Still less than 5%, I'd wager.

I've worked as a welder on a few projects, rebar for construction, that sort of thing, though I've never seen a woman do those. I had a woman blacksmithing instructor once. Still coming up blank.
My son works as a welder at a shipyard. Still no women. Oh, wait a minnit, there were two women who worked there as welders, but now one is a QA inspector and one is a safety officer. hmmmmm Y'know, it's almost as if welding is heavy, dirty, dangerous, uncomfortable, and filled with toxic fumes and hate. The sort of job it takes 3 beers at the end of a shift to wash the taste out of your mouth. The sort of job women don't like and get out of as soon as possible into a job where they can boss men around.

Blogger Were-Puppy July 07, 2016 1:01 PM  

@24 Cataline Sergius

I remember the first string of ethnic heroes from the 1970s.
---

The difference with those heroes was - they were built from scratch that way. None of this palette swapping of white into black (spider man, nick fury, etc). None of this gender swapping (she-thor, etc). Even she-hulk didn't replace the hulk, she was his cousin.

I've lost track of how terrible comics have become. Even the TV shows are almost unwatchable now. The only one I can stomach any longer is Gotham. I'm sure they'll screw it up next season.


This is a pretty good book about the history of Marvel Comics, it has some of this total convergence in it.

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Comics-Untold-Sean-Howe/dp/0061992119/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1467910830&sr=8-2&keywords=marvel+comic+history

Blogger Chris Mallory July 07, 2016 1:03 PM  

"VD wrote:

I know of some.

No, you don't.


What about Jennifer Beal? She could weld and flashdance.

Oh, you mean IRL..."

15% of the females in my graduating high school class were accomplished welders when they graduated. For every year of Vo-Ag you took, you had a quarter of welding. In addition, you could usually talk the Vo Ag instructor into letting you go over and practice, if you had your class work caught up. Of the 70 or so girls I graduated with, 11 took 4 years of Vo-Ag. Granted, none of them were black girls and all 11 lived on farms.

Blogger Were-Puppy July 07, 2016 1:05 PM  

@42 J A Baker

I would argue that these changes are either intentionally antagonistic or else they show a lack or imagination and originality in the writers.

I mean why do they have to take already established characters and change them so drastically in the name of diversity?
---

In Arrow, they prove they can make a decent black character from scratch. Meaning Diggle. But even then, they later season turn Miracle Man into a gay black science genius.

Anonymous CHEDDARMAN July 07, 2016 1:10 PM  

Perhaps Castalia House will announce formation of a comics division at the end of the month?

Blogger Were-Puppy July 07, 2016 1:11 PM  

@59 Cataline Sergius

Their X-Men were gang bangers that sold drugs on the side.
---

Now you did it. You made me dig up this classic Xmen parody :P
https://youtu.be/bSuvOVH0aSQ

Anonymous Icicle July 07, 2016 1:12 PM  

"Know OF some".

Emphasis mine. People always know Of someone not actually know them. Sure sign they're bullshitting


***

What about Jennifer Beal? She could weld and flashdance.

Oh, you mean IRL...


Let me clarify further. In real life. As in recently speaking with them.

hmmmmm Y'know, it's almost as if welding is heavy, dirty, dangerous, uncomfortable, and filled with toxic fumes and hate.

One of them had some nasty burns from slag.

Anonymous CitizenOutkast July 07, 2016 1:13 PM  

I'm really surprised this post wasn't titled "Iron Grrl." Maybe they should rename the comic to that. Marvel should also just adopt a new "superhero" as their mascot. I'm thinking "Pandering Man."

Blogger Were-Puppy July 07, 2016 1:14 PM  

@67 Instasetting
And I give you ....Rewind.
---

They already had that in the last season of Shield

Blogger Were-Puppy July 07, 2016 1:16 PM  

@69 The Other Robot

However, it does look like an execution to me.
---

I was looking at that on Infowars. In that, the guys gf was filming after he had been shot. Later in the video, she describes the cop as Chinese several times.

Blogger Emmett Fitz-Hume July 07, 2016 1:16 PM  

I said the same thing at Instapundit but I'm sure they only did this to take advantage of Robert Downey jr's acting chops.

"I'm the sister playing a sister disguised as another sister!"

Blogger Were-Puppy July 07, 2016 1:25 PM  

@88 VFM #6306
It would have been more diverse if she blowtorched her jericurl while pledging Lambda Lambda Lambda.
--

I foresee a Michael Jackson Pepsi commercial style accident in her near future

Anonymous cheddarman July 07, 2016 1:29 PM  

We need a "Shit Lord Comics" publisher to compete with Marvel.

The possibilities for satire and sjw heads exploding would be endless.

Blogger Marcus S Jones July 07, 2016 1:32 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Anonymous Scooby Doo, Where Are You? July 07, 2016 1:33 PM  

Riri? RiRi? RIRI?

Rut-roh.

Anonymous ScoobyDoo, Where Are You? July 07, 2016 1:34 PM  

Riri? RiRi? RIRI?

Rut-roh.

Anonymous KPP July 07, 2016 1:41 PM  

On the whole women welders thing...

My mom was a welder, worked on refurbishing the USS New Jersey back in the early 1980s. When I was 14 and going to visit her for the summer, she told me she'd teach me to weld, but she didn't follow through and I've regretted it. In any case, she's still the only woman welded I can recall meeting in my life.

My mom has had lots of dirty jobs (sawmill, shipyard, battery refurbishment, boat building, animal work...), some of these her own businesses, so I know she pulled her weight. Can't fault her for that. But I don't like to spend much time with her because she's self-centered and doesn't give a damn about me or my family. I wish I had learned that earlier in life.

Blogger bob k. mando July 07, 2016 1:46 PM  

141. Icicle July 07, 2016 12:35 PM
I'll go sl-o-o-o-o-wer for you.



when you finally go slow enough that you figure out that i was making a joke AND NOT AN ARGUMENT ...

that's about when your mouth will have stopped getting out in front of your brain, Skippy.

you notice that i'm not the one being embarrassed here? there's a reason for that.

Blogger Nigel McPhearson July 07, 2016 1:57 PM  

Yeah yeah. I know a chick or two that weld too. That doesn't change the fact that by and large women don't weld, don't persue it aggressively, and in my experience make up less than 1% of professional welders. And that's in the theatrical design world which is as friendly to female welders as your going to get. So just stop with your spergy "nah nah but I know one" nonsense. You're embarrassing yourself.

Anonymous Mr. Rational July 07, 2016 2:21 PM  

Were-Puppy wrote:Dumbasses passed up an opportunity to create Iron Tran
Too old already; Tony Stark became FeMale every time he put on the suit.

Anonymous BGKB July 07, 2016 2:22 PM  

You would think they would come out with Titanium TaTas, whose secret ID was Platinum Blond before Golden Rims / Tin Twat.

Dexter July 07, 2016 10:24 AM Hey, if you're OK with a flight suit that violates the laws of physics and human physiology

What laws of human physiology does it violate?

Blogger Snidely Whiplash July 07, 2016 2:23 PM  

Let's put it this way, so Icicle can get it.
Any woman who welds for a living is suffering from a hormone imbalance. She will be muscular, hairy, and fat.

Does that do it for you? No, of course not, you personally know some exception to this rule. Because NAWWALT.

Anonymous Icicle July 07, 2016 2:25 PM  

when you finally go slow enough that you figure out that i was making a joke AND NOT AN ARGUMENT ...

I like that. *makes argument* *demolishes* "Hahaha, just kidding..."
And because comedians never make arguments.

that's about when your mouth will have stopped getting out in front of your brain, Skippy.

That would cause some actual incoherence in the writing.

you notice that i'm not the one being embarrassed here? there's a reason for that.

Your shame has so completely enshrouded your life that you can't tell one day from the next?

A lot of flashers don't get embarrassed either. They just need the Bologna Pony out of the stable.

That doesn't change the fact that by and large women don't weld, don't persue it aggressively,

That wasn't the argument. What you're doing is called "shifting the goalposts."

You're embarrassing yourself.

Herpa herpa derp. Disqualify!

Blogger Snidely Whiplash July 07, 2016 2:30 PM  

Icicle wrote:A lot of flashers don't get embarrassed either. They just need the Bologna Pony out of the stable.
Actually, most flashers are into the humiliation aspect. Just like you

Blogger Alexander July 07, 2016 2:33 PM  

I for one applaud Icicle. Without asher, tad, scoobius, aaron, that faggot who works at the nature center, et. al. I thought there was a very real danger we would finally go a twenty-four without a village idiot.

Vox for President. Even when he doesn't advertise the position, he still hits 100% employment.

Blogger FALPhil July 07, 2016 2:45 PM  

@147
Why would over half the welders on a project be women, when, in my experience less than 5% of professional welders are women? Odd that. How could it be?

I have first hand knowledge of the General Dynamics situation, which was executed in South Carolina in the late '70s/early '80s. All the welders were hired based on results from a practical proficiency test in welding aluminum using a double side tank welder. Because of the safety ramifications around cryogenic flammables, strict adherence to the test results in the hiring practice was maintained. All I can tell you is that the women who applied and were hired were very, very good.

One of the supervisors in the facility noted the test results and opined that, on average, women had better eyesight than men. I don't know about that, but there was definitely something going on because they hired a slew of them.

The European welders building the membrane style tanks, which was an entirely different style of welding, I heard about a year later from a Brit working in a French shipyard. Never verified it, but he volunteered the information because it was remarkable.

Blogger Doom July 07, 2016 2:45 PM  

Elocutioner,

"Not only is the train fine, attendance is also up."

Who is on first!?!

Blogger FALPhil July 07, 2016 2:46 PM  

@147
Why would over half the welders on a project be women, when, in my experience less than 5% of professional welders are women? Odd that. How could it be?

I have first hand knowledge of the General Dynamics situation, which was executed in South Carolina in the late '70s/early '80s. All the welders were hired based on results from a practical proficiency test in welding aluminum using a double side tank welder. Because of the safety ramifications around cryogenic flammables, strict adherence to the test results in the hiring practice was maintained. All I can tell you is that the women who applied and were hired were very, very good.

One of the supervisors in the facility noted the test results and opined that, on average, women had better eyesight than men. I don't know about that, but there was definitely something going on because they hired a slew of them.

The European welders building the membrane style tanks, which was an entirely different style of welding, I heard about a year later from a Brit working in a French shipyard. Never verified it, but he volunteered the information because it was remarkable.

Blogger CarpeOro July 07, 2016 2:47 PM  

Coming late to the thread so skipping all the comments just to say as an American:

When does the most oppressed, vilified, over-worked minority on the planet get to be portrayed in a way that matches reality? The less than 10% of the population minority certainly didn't do 50% of the work building the country while they were enslaved. My guess is less than the percentage of the population was the amount of their effort. No, I don't think that is unfair to either side as an assessment. After all, you want a job done you get it done by someone who takes pride and pleasure in their work. I don't expect a slave to be all that happy or productive. The constant narrative of how they are STILL kept down while I have to work twice as hard for the same privileges the last 50 years... If there is an oppressed minority today it is the white man.

Anonymous Icicle July 07, 2016 2:53 PM  

Let's put it this way, so Icicle can get it.
Any woman who welds for a living is suffering from a hormone imbalance. She will be muscular, hairy, and fat.

Does that do it for you? No, of course not, you personally know some exception to this rule. Because NAWWALT.


HOLY SHIT, shifting the goalposts, AGAIN.

We went from: Women can't weld.
To: Well maybe they can, but you don't know any.
To: Well maybe you know OF them, but you are bullshitting.
To: Well maybe you know some, but they make up a small proportion that doesn't really count, because, reasons.
To: They don't count cuz "She will be muscular, hairy, and fat." (even though, clearly incorrect)

Amazing.

Here's the original post from TLM:

"Built a suit in her dorm room. Blacks can't weld, women certainly can't weld, and the idea of doing this in a dorm room is absurd."

Here's my response: "women certainly can't weld

I'm laughing at this too, but calling bullshit on that one. I know of some."

QED, bitch.

I for one applaud Icicle. Without asher, tad, scoobius, aaron, that faggot who works at the nature center, et. al. I thought there was a very real danger we would finally go a twenty-four without a village idiot.

Well Alexander, feel free to point out the specious reasoning (if you can).

Blogger Alexander July 07, 2016 3:09 PM  

How about I just point and laugh, instead?

You realize that for 99% of observers who had no dog in the fight, we're about 100 posts beyond giving a shit? I'm not a welder, and while all welders I've met have been men, I'm hardly in a position to make grand claims about the industry.

But that's not the point. The point is that you're the guy who keeps pointing out that he was technically right about that conversation we last time we met up.

You might be right, you might be wrong. You are a bore, and too much of a social idiot to recognize it.

Thankfully, the train is fine.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash July 07, 2016 3:12 PM  

Okay, let's make it even easier for you, lackwit.

Fuck you icicle. Stop sperging up the goddamn thread, you miserable, useless cuck.

Anonymous Icicle July 07, 2016 3:28 PM  

How about I just point and laugh, instead?

Well, there goes that bit of potential fun...

But that's not the point. The point is that you're the guy who keeps pointing out that he was technically right about that conversation we last time we met up.

After having one conversation. Math is not strong with this one.
Notice the goalposts have shifted again: now I'm right, but it still doesn't count because it was technically right.

You might be right, you might be wrong. You are a bore, and too much of a social idiot to recognize it.

Yes, because the purpose of this was to entertain you (rather than myself).
Slooooow on the uptake.

Okay, let's make it even easier for you, lackwit.

Fuck you icicle. Stop sperging up the goddamn thread, you miserable, useless cuck.


Are you mad because I was... technically right? U jelly, bro?

Blogger John S July 07, 2016 3:32 PM  

DC and Marvel cannot survive on the white teen male market anymore. Those guys are spending their money on video games. It's broaden the market or die.

Lol! So... Broadening into markets that don't read at all? Was Chapter 11 part of your plan?

Blogger Snidely Whiplash July 07, 2016 3:33 PM  

"technically right" == essentially wrong

Blogger Alexander July 07, 2016 3:39 PM  

I did not say you were technically right.

I said you think you are.

I suspect you are wrong about welder demographics, I know you are wrong about your ability to not be a gammautistic.

Can you guys not see, my whole point has been to entertain myself, you fools!

Scoobius, that you?

Blogger dc.sunsets July 07, 2016 3:49 PM  

Hey, if you're OK with a flight suit that violates the laws of physics and human physiology, why gag on a black girl building it in a dorm room?

Because the former is still more likely if that dorm room is at MIT.


Affirmative Action raised to the 4th power.
Girl (check)
Black (check)
15 yo (check)
math/science wiz (check)

Not to worry: This is art imitating life. Universities are busy insuring that the value of their product (an "education") is zero.

PS: Now I get the "war on white guys." It's 100% envy. Everyone wants to live the success of capable white males. Since they can't DO it, they just wear the costume and pretend.

Blogger dc.sunsets July 07, 2016 3:50 PM  

I'm relatively well off, but I surely do wish I was so wealthy that I could run a business with complete disregard for its profitability.

I thought only Soros/Gates/Musk/etc. level wealth let you run an organization at a continual loss.

Blogger bob k. mando July 07, 2016 3:51 PM  

169. Icicle July 07, 2016 2:25 PM
I F* *demolishes* "Hahaha, just kidding..."
And because comedians never make arguments.



if you weren't such a dumbfuck, you might have asked yourself why i was directly contradicting myself in the immediately subsequent paragraph ... within the same post.

that kinda gives the joke away.

IF you actually think that i was unaware of my own self-contradiction
THEN you need to spend a great deal more time reading here.

otoh, maybe you're just trying to meta-troll me. the above possibility does require you to have a double helping of teh Stupid, whereas this latter hypothesis admits to the possibility of your having, maybe, a three digit IQ ( this is how i characterize you as "average" ).

*shrugs*

this meta-trolling would require me to get pissed in order for it to be effective.

let me know when i'm getting pissed.

Anonymous SciVo July 07, 2016 3:52 PM  

Dexter wrote:using her science acumen, her natural-born abilities that are still raw but so ahead of where even Tony Stark was at that age

Too bad SCIENCE is not a "natural born ability" that one genetically inherits, but a body of knowledge acquired through conscientious study of difficult subjects.


Shhh... "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

While your statement is technically true, the ability to perform "a conscientious study of difficult subjects" does appear to be DNA-linked. You can tell by all the science that non-Asian minorities don't do, even if they're born on our magic dirt.

So they're actually kind of right -- but in a way detonates the suspension of disbelief, collects the ashes of credulity, crushes them into a tiny diamond of mindkill, and then launches it into the sun.

Anonymous Icicle July 07, 2016 3:52 PM  

I did not say you were technically right.

I said you think you are.


No, I think I'm 100% correct. I'm just patronizing you.


"technically right" == essentially wrong

Uh oh, looks like I am not essentially wrong after all.


I suspect you are wrong about welder demographics,

Which demographic did I provide?

Can you guys not see, my whole point has been to entertain myself, you fools!

Well yeaaaah, it's fun to dispatch six (I lost count) in a row.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash July 07, 2016 3:56 PM  

fucking Gammas. never learned how to shut up.

Anonymous Just Asking July 07, 2016 3:58 PM  

If the Imperial Japanese Special Naval Landing Forces had invaded the US West Coast, would women welders have taken up arms?

Anonymous Just Asking July 07, 2016 4:00 PM  

If the Imperial Japanese Special Naval Landing Forces had invaded the US West Coast, would women welders have wielded arms?

Blogger Alexander July 07, 2016 4:09 PM  

Actually...

If they set Ironman in the 1940s, and the She-dindu version is responsible for retaking San Francisco from the Japs...

That might actually make good comedy.

Blogger Skylark Thibedeau July 07, 2016 4:45 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger bob k. mando July 07, 2016 4:45 PM  

191. Alexander July 07, 2016 4:09 PM
That might actually make good comedy.


when she falls to a Banzai charge, is taken captive as Comfort Woman and finds that, much to her chagrin, Asian micro-dicks are incapable of bringing her any pleasure
...
even if she's being thoroughly dominated?




187. Icicle July 07, 2016 3:52 PM
No, I think I'm 100% correct. I'm just patronizing you.



in an earlier thread, after i noted that the economy was clearly and obviously NOT made up of 'rational actors', someone replied and said that they considered "themselves" to be a rational economic actor.

*facedesk*

this statement of rationalization is not quite as good as that one, but it's getting there.

Anonymous A.B. Prosper July 07, 2016 4:53 PM  

Marvel lets the SJW's run rampant in print since many fewer people actually read those things than watch the movies.

Muslim, Ms Marvel Gay Black/Latino Spiderman and of course this.

Long ago I watched the Iron Man Extremis motion comic, story accurate started out OK and it was well infected with Anti White crap.

The movies where real money is you'll note are mostly very traditional in makeup and story with a few minor flaws.

This won't last once the entryists get in of course but so be it, there are plenty of other things to do that don't involve paying suns of money to be preached at by people who hate us.

Blogger Chiva July 07, 2016 5:01 PM  

"when she falls to a Banzai charge, is taken captive as Comfort Woman"

Watch out now. She's only 15. Were getting close to SFWA territory.

Anonymous GreyS July 07, 2016 5:23 PM  

IT'S PROBABLY VERY DANGEROUS TO DO ANY WELDING ON A MOVING TRAIN

Dangerous for the train?

Blogger Snidely Whiplash July 07, 2016 5:30 PM  

GreyS wrote:Dangerous for the train?

No, the train will be fine.

Sorry, it was required.

Anonymous GreyS July 07, 2016 5:46 PM  

One of them had some nasty burns from slag.

Literal LOL. Dude just STOP.

Then again, we know there will be at least one person in the theater who will give a knowing nod during the scene where the book-smart wunderkind learns the gritty craft of welding from MIT Secret Genius Janitor Lady.

Blogger bob k. mando July 07, 2016 5:56 PM  

195. Chiva July 07, 2016 5:01 PM
Watch out now. She's only 15. Were getting close to SFWA territory.



nah, nah, nah.

remember? we have it on WitchWind's ( good lesbian feminist) authority that the defining characteristic of "rape" is the possibility of inducing pregnancy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02m_VPCcLjU

Asian micro-dick is to tiny for penetration, thus the pregnancy risk is practically non-existent.

thus, no rape.

the "penis" never really gets "in vagina", you see.

Anonymous Bz July 07, 2016 5:58 PM  

I can't be the only on the AltRight who actually kind of enjoyed the Captain America twist.

1 – 200 of 235 Newer› Newest»

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts