ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2016 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Criminality and the culture of victimhood

Brings the Lightning author and former prison chaplain Peter Grant draws a connection between the various dyscivilizational organizations active in America today and the criminal mindset:
Each of the organizations we've discussed above is trying to exploit the concept and culture of victimhood.  They claim to identify (and identify with) various classes of victims, and seek to mobilize them (and their sympathizers) to agitate against the system that has allegedly made them victims.  If there were no culture of victimhood - if, instead, the focus was on individual responsibility - these organizations would collapse.  Only by denying individual responsibility, focusing instead on groups and the social contract that has until now governed their interaction, can they establish their own reason for being.

This is startlingly reminiscent of the criminal mindset.  I wrote about this in my memoir of prison chaplaincy.  In it, I pointed out a number of characteristics of the criminal's outlook on life, including the following:

    3.  Refusal to accept responsibility. The criminal avoids or evades any acceptance or admission of guilt or responsibility. Even when he displays contrition about his actions, it’s usually an outward show. In reality his only genuine regret is that he was discovered. He’ll blame anything and everything, anyone and everyone except himself for the negative consequences of his crimes. Of course, this means that he’ll eagerly agree with those blaming factors in his background for his crimes — it allows him to slide out of accepting any personal responsibility for his actions. It’s always someone else’s fault.

    . . .

    6.  A need for excitement. The criminal ‘gets a kick’ out of what he does. Even getting caught has its own thrill. Dealing with the arresting officers (perhaps including an exciting car chase that gets him on TV), establishing his place in the hierarchy in the jail, dealing with the courts, trying to ‘beat the rap’: all have their own emotional intensity. The same applies to life in prison. A really hardened convict may spend more time in the Hole than in general population, aggravate and infuriate staff, annoy other inmates… but he doesn’t care. He’s getting a kick out of his ‘power’ to make others react to him.

    . . .

    10.  A refusal to accept reality. Reality is defined by the criminal on his terms, not by the victim of his crime or by society. A criminal convicted of check fraud will adamantly deny that he’s a thief — he ‘never took anything’. One who stole from a bank didn’t steal from an individual, only an institution, and that’s not theft by his lights. A rapist didn’t do any harm to his victim — ‘she enjoyed it’. A child abuser wasn’t abusing the child at all: he was ‘showing his love’ for his victim. An armed robber who killed his victim when he resisted wasn’t guilty of murder. If his victim had complied with his demands he wouldn’t have died. He ‘asked for it’ by resisting, therefore his death wasn’t the robber’s fault. Most criminals will argue that they weren’t convicted because of what they did, but rather because ‘the system’ or ‘the judge’ or ‘the prosecutor’ was against them. It was personal bias that put them behind bars, not the weight of evidence. I could go on forever in this vein, but I’m sure you get the picture.

Do you see any common ground between these characteristics, and the attitude and conduct of so many progressive pressure groups such as Black Lives Matter, Moveon.org, Common Dreams, Color of Change, and so many others?  I certainly do.  Almost uniformly these groups deny (or don't even mention) the need for individuals to accept personal responsibility for their lives and actions.  They'll blame anything and anyone else.  It's "the system".  It's "the police".  It's "racism".  It's never the individual's fault, never the fault of the group complaining about oppression.  It's always someone else.

They also appear to demonstrate a real need for excitement, to make "the Man" respond to what they're doing.  They're social gadflies.  They never achieve anything themselves - at least, I've never seen anything they've managed to build.  They merely cause trouble for those they oppose.  They tear down what others have built, but offer nothing concrete with which to replace it.

Finally, they certainly appear to refuse to accept reality.
These organizations are evil, but they continue to grow in power and influence because no one in the West these days is willing to actually fight evil. Fist-shaking and the occasional denouncement is about as far as it goes. But as the Bible says, there is a time for peace and a time for war. We have already entered the latter, although at this point, any Man of the West who dares to take action will receive considerably more criticism from his own side than praise and support.

The West is not yet desperate enough. Neither the Men nor the Women of the West are truly cognizant yet of the existential threat to them. They don't fully believe the situation is what it is, and are still hoping that the system will, somehow, magically start working again.

But it won't. As Dr. Pournelle has repeatedly written, there will be war.

Labels: ,

88 Comments:

Blogger natschuster July 19, 2016 8:30 AM  

The description could just as easily apply to children.

Blogger #7139 July 19, 2016 8:31 AM  

A good post. I like it.

Blogger Robert Divinity July 19, 2016 8:32 AM  

High body counts eventually will grab the attention of Western man. An imminent hanging focuses the mind, to borrow a quote.

These evil proto-Marxist groups, unlike the self-interested individual criminal, have a larger political goal--to destroy Western Civilization. There is war now and the casualties have become too large to ignore. The attacks still are unilateral. Western man has started to discover his decayed institutions will not protect him, so the one-sided nature of the struggle is not long for it.

Anonymous FrankNorman July 19, 2016 8:36 AM  

1. natschuster July 19, 2016 8:30 AM

The description could just as easily apply to children.


Some people want to never grow up.
That's the Left's whole thing. An infant isn't responsible for anything, it just has to make noise to get it's needs met.

Blogger Whisker biscuit July 19, 2016 8:39 AM  

I worry that the west will come to accept these attacks by Muslims as common part of everyday life, and continue to slumber towards the collapse.

Blogger GAHCindy July 19, 2016 8:41 AM  

I've often wondered if part of the reason black criminals find it so easy to cry racism when they're caught is that the media and groups like BLM have convinced them (not that they need convincing, so let's say "confirmed for them") that white people are committing just as much crime, and of the same kind, but because they're white, they get away with it. Never mind that that means "the system" ignores victims and just decides which predators it prefers to catch. There's no such thing as a victim to a hardened criminal, just idiots who were asking for it, so they're incredibly easy to convince (confirm) that they are, in fact, victims of the system, rather than rightful recipients of justice.

Anonymous WinstonWebb July 19, 2016 8:46 AM  

I've often wondered if part of the reason black criminals find it so easy to cry racism when they're caught is that the media and groups like BLM have convinced them (not that they need convincing, so let's say "confirmed for them") that white people are committing just as much crime, and of the same kind, but because they're white, they get away with it.

Yep. This also explains why you'll see the black mother on TV crying about her career criminal son being shot & killed when he tried to rob the wrong house.

Blogger Sillon Bono July 19, 2016 8:47 AM  

@5

That my friend, is exactly what our dear leaders are counting on.

The current situation in France for example as Vox has put it is:

coexist, deportation, or elimination.

The French government will choose orc appeasement and repression for the native population, and it will not be long that the repression will turn violent, 1-2 election cycles.

Anonymous The S:PY July 19, 2016 8:49 AM  

I recommend Peter's book, Bring the Lightning.

A good read.

Blogger Nick S July 19, 2016 8:50 AM  

natschuster wrote:The description could just as easily apply to children.

Exactly. It's a point many here have repeatedly made. The leftist mindset is analogous to that of a spoiled child, unable to comprehend potential long term consequences, throwing a tantrum for not getting their way.

Blogger Robert Divinity July 19, 2016 8:51 AM  

They also appear to demonstrate a real need for excitement, to make "the Man" respond to what they're doing. They're social gadflies.

There also is an audience. Radical chic has returned in all its degeneracy.

OpenID sigsawyer July 19, 2016 9:00 AM  

Thanks for bringing up the most overlooked point in the whole discussion about crime:

Crime is fun.

Beating 'the man' makes you feel alive. It's an instant remedy for the existential despair any dumb, downtrodden thug from the ghetto certainly feels in an age of welfare, unemployment, atomization, and the breakdown of the family.

You're never going to keep people away from a source of fun with positive incentives to the contrary. You keep them away from it with brutal negative incentives. If the average 'youth' had to wake up every morning and look at the rotten body of a gangbanger hanging from a lamppost, East River seagulls fighting over his eyes, how likely would he be to stick up a convenience store?

Anonymous ZhukovG July 19, 2016 9:03 AM  

I note that much of this could apply to the police and their apologists as well.

The excitement, the power over others. I'd be a liar if I didn't admit that these were things that attracted me to the badge and I was quite typical.

"If his victim (the suspect) had complied with his demands he wouldn’t have died. He ‘asked for it’ by resisting, therefore his death wasn’t the robber’s (officer's) fault."

When you have two groups with similar attitudes, the police and various victimhood organizations, opposing each other there is little inhibition against criminal violence by either group.

Anonymous Thor Son July 19, 2016 9:06 AM  

My male instincts tell me that great danger approaches.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan July 19, 2016 9:09 AM  

They think and act like women, look at Scalzi's shit writing and tell me that is a person who can be convinced to overturn their belief system via dialectic debate.

It is why "Game" is so important.

No one listens to blacks especially white liberals, and conservatives just wish there really was "Magic Dirt" they could roll black people around in, nope.

Blogger Diego Del Sol July 19, 2016 9:11 AM  

Refusal to accept responsibility. Sounds like most women I know.

A need for excitement. Sounds like most women I know.

A refusal to accept reality. Sounds like most women I know.


Blogger Joshua_D July 19, 2016 9:19 AM  

I was thinking about this yesterday, Vox, as I drove home sopping wet after working on my house remodel in this ridiculous humidity enveloping the WNC.

Anyway, I was thinking about how Conservatives desire to win their victories in the arena of ideas. Conservatives believe their ideas, their principles are right and true, and rational people should see the light and accept the truth. And they're mostly right, I think. Rational people who seek the truth can work things out in the arena of ideas.

But, evil doesn't care about the truth. Evil finds joy in denying the truth and sowing destruction. Like you say, these organizations are evil. These SJWs, are evil, whether they realize it or not. And we can’t fight evil with rational arguments.

Blogger Zaklog the Great July 19, 2016 9:22 AM  

To be fair, I suspect dodging responsibility for our actions is a common human tendency, although it may be more pronounced among the population Grant has had to deal with. Unless we deliberately force ourselves to face down who and what we are, it's very easy for us to find a way to blame others for our own sins. And this is not a case of saying "we" and meaning "you". I fully include myself in this.

Anonymous ZhukovG July 19, 2016 9:24 AM  

I do wonder if higher functioning Gammas would gravitate towards things like police work? They wouldn't, I think, be particularly violent cops, but they might kill someone in panic.

For violent criminals and cops, is it Omega?

Blogger CarpeOro July 19, 2016 9:30 AM  

Diego Del Sol wrote:Refusal to accept responsibility. Sounds like most women I know.

A need for excitement. Sounds like most women I know.

A refusal to accept reality. Sounds like most women I know.




Hence the support of so many liberal women for these causes. They empathize with them. Personal responsibility, like math, is hard so they prefer to avoid it. They want to simply collect awards because they aren't getting a fair break and everything should be equal.

As you may note, by the end of the paragraph above I am not bothering to identify who I am talking about. That is because it applies to criminals, leftists and women alike.

Blogger CarpeOro July 19, 2016 9:33 AM  

ZhukovG wrote:I do wonder if higher functioning Gammas would gravitate towards things like police work? They wouldn't, I think, be particularly violent cops, but they might kill someone in panic.

For violent criminals and cops, is it Omega?


Only if the physical fitness requirements are removed. Physical exertion alters not only the body but the mind.

Anonymous Millenium July 19, 2016 9:36 AM  

French woman and her three daughters on holiday in south of France stabbed for being 'too lightlt dressed' by man of Moroccan origin.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/girl-fighting-life-after-mum-8448196

Gunman holed up in hotel in South France too:

https://www.rt.com/news/352068-gunman-hotel-provence-france/

Blogger NHForester July 19, 2016 9:42 AM  

What is that we are supposed to do? Like Thor Son - my instinct also tells me that great danger is approaching.
Yet despite this, the other part of me feels locked in a system that prevents me from doing anything more than preparing & protecting my immediate family. Even this can be a struggle - due to financial limitations.
I ask this question not rhetorically but with a genuine desire to glean advice.

Anonymous Napoleon 12pdr July 19, 2016 9:53 AM  

I think the big takeaway is that children must be held to account. Every single time. No excuses, ever. All an excuse gets you is an extra dose of the cane.

And yes, you use corporal punishment. Every single time opportunity arises. No hesitation.

Of course, this will also require that governments back parents.

Blogger NHForester July 19, 2016 9:58 AM  

@ Millenium
Europe - particularly France ,Germany and Sweden are in the third stage of the Moslem infiltration. All presences of peaceful coexistence have been dropped and the true tenets of their faith are being seen. Distilled to its purest form : submit or die. Through their actions they have openly declared Intifida against those within their host countries. They obviously feel comfortable with their fellow tribes numbers being high enough along with a belief they will win the war to do this.
Its often perplexed me as to why there has not been more of this type of stuff -on the part of the Kebabs - here in the USA. My own guess is that they sense their magic threshold of 20% hasn't been reached, along with the fact that despite our gradual neutering, their is still a healthy element here that wouldn't hesitate to kill them in a heartbeat if they start enforcing Sharia with the axe,knife,sword etc.. Maybe Im wrong - but that is my hunch

Blogger dc.sunsets July 19, 2016 9:58 AM  

During this part of the process the only thing we can do is take full, individual responsibility for our safety. Authority is either asleep or in the enemy's control so no help will arrive from it. Authority is actively adding danger to our environment.

As we continue to await the financial bubble's long delayed pop, our bovine neighbors will be raped, robbed & murdered (just like before.)

As with the tale of two hikers fleeing a bear, it's of little concern if the complacent one is hindmost.

Once the bubble pops, a whole spectrum of complacency will evaporate.

Blogger residentMoron July 19, 2016 10:02 AM  

There is of course one nameless (((tribe))) who have been official holders of the global victimhood championship medal for 7 decades now.

They've also championed most vociferously the very notion of winning by being a victim, to the point where (A) the sane minority's simply sick to fucking death of them and their bullshit, and (B) they've generated so many competitors for their title, from amongst the people who previously supported them, that their supporters are rapidly becoming their enemies.

The biter bit, you might say.

Blogger dc.sunsets July 19, 2016 10:03 AM  

Intelligent kids (of Western orientation) need not be hit. Taking away their freedom works just fine when coupled with both a full explanation & setting an example in yourself.

For kids born to be Dindus, however, nothing can change their path. DNA is destiny.

Blogger dc.sunsets July 19, 2016 10:05 AM  

@ resident, no honor among thieves.

OpenID frankluke July 19, 2016 10:10 AM  

"Crime is fun."

Once I said to my mother, "the pleasures of sin last only for a season."

She replied, "Sin has no pleasure."

I retorted, "Then you're doing it wrong."

If sin wasn't rewarding (at least for a brief time), people wouldn't do it.

Blogger Robert Divinity July 19, 2016 10:25 AM  

What is that we are supposed to do?

Have a plan, gun, ammo, water and food, roughly in that order. Your current limitations will not be issues eventually, unfortunately.

Blogger Joe Doakes July 19, 2016 10:26 AM  

Theodore Dalrymple's "Life At The Bottom" provides a similar view.

Anonymous Gen. Kong July 19, 2016 10:28 AM  

Robert Divinity wrote:
High body counts eventually will grab the attention of Western man. An imminent hanging focuses the mind, to borrow a quote.

These evil proto-Marxist groups, unlike the self-interested individual criminal, have a larger political goal--to destroy Western Civilization. There is war now and the casualties have become too large to ignore. The attacks still are unilateral. Western man has started to discover his decayed institutions will not protect him, so the one-sided nature of the struggle is not long for it.


The body count at Bat-a-clan was approaching 100. Now it surfaces the victims were mutilated, and the atrocities covered-up by Lügenpresse and police. This is the thing that never seems to sink in to the hand-wringers and fist-shakers who are often the backstoppers of the badge-gang goondas: The police are there to support BLM, et al. The criminal element are the boots of the ruling elite, who've destroyed the rule of law. Lügenpresse, police and BLM are all working for the same bosses - even if we see some elements (whites) of the police now being explicitly targeted.

Until white quit and form their own militias, they will be using deadly force against any who attempt to actually confront the evil of BLM, et al with force. Ditto for the militaries of all western countries. If the militaries were filled with actual patriots, the lawless regimes of the west would have been overthrown long ago. As more folks take the red-pill, we might see the present monopoly of power crumble so that BLM, et al end up meeting the flying wall of metal they so richly deserve.

Anonymous Slent July 19, 2016 10:30 AM  

Melania just gave the election to Hillary. It isn't about Melania but about the Trump campaign making another unenforced error. How can people actually believe that a guy who can't run his own campaign will be able to run the country? True Trump supporters won't give a shit but others will (independents or disgusted republicans) and it's a story that they won't want as there are 4 important speeches at the RNC: Trump, Melania, Ivanka and Pence. One of them is already getting headlines for all the wrong reasons. Yet another mistake that may limit the gains they would have gotten from post RNC bump.

Blogger tz July 19, 2016 10:38 AM  

Corporal punishment teaches children only that might makes right. It is much more tedious to form their conscience and morality through understanding.

But the crime is fun, followed by the beating example also applies to the police.

The police are the worst at playing victim - they are always "in fear of their lives", always think anything is a weapon, so all shootings are justified. But they are voluntarily cops.

Anonymous Susan July 19, 2016 10:40 AM  

Obama's most recent speech to graduates of one of the college/uni's was full of how whites don't actually work for or take responsibility towards their own success. No he told them, they are simply born lucky because they were born white.
Instead of telling them they are Americans too and have the same opportunities as the rest, he told them they didn't really need to work for success. A most brazen and disgusting speech, which of course the media totally let slide by without comment.

When you have a minority president simply reinforcing the attitudes that the dindus already have, you have a country in deep kimchi.

Very good and insightful posting here Vox. Thanks.

Blogger tz July 19, 2016 10:43 AM  

@34 Nonsense. Every trivial gaffe by anyone isn't going to hand the election to Hillary.
The other speakers made even better, stronger points.
The enemy was and is blandness. And Trump won't be.

Blogger Human Animal July 19, 2016 10:45 AM  

Melania just gave the election to Hillary.

Hypochondria is to health what (blank) is to politics.

OpenID basementhomebrewer July 19, 2016 10:50 AM  

tz wrote:Corporal punishment teaches children only that might makes right. It is much more tedious to form their conscience and morality through understanding.

But the crime is fun, followed by the beating example also applies to the police.

The police are the worst at playing victim - they are always "in fear of their lives", always think anything is a weapon, so all shootings are justified. But they are voluntarily cops.



I disagree with both sides on the punishment issue. I think a combination of the two works very well.

I tended to get both forms of punishment. An explanation of what I did wrong and why it was wrong. Then, depending on severity of the infraction, I got anything from being sent to my room to grounded and ending at a spanking if the infractions was severe enough. This method seemed to work pretty well on me.

When I was younger I tended to jump directly to spanking for the things I did. I quickly learned what was well outside of bounds and limited myself to the groundings/ being sent to my room infractions.

By the time I was 4 I rarely did anything that required a spanking and by the time I was 9-10 I rarely did anything bad enough to warrant more than being yelled at. The same method also worked very well with my siblings.

Blogger Arthur Isaac July 19, 2016 11:00 AM  

To stand and fight is to be the target in a culture of bomb throwers and a government in the business of handing out bombs. Something needs to break, the paradigm needs to shift before the fighting will take place.

We see it in the Old Testament the people always cry out against the oppression before God delivers. These days I think of the Midianites a lot.

Blogger GracieLou July 19, 2016 11:00 AM  

These are the traits of every narcissist I've ever known.

They literally have criminal minds. Fascinating.

Blogger James Dixon July 19, 2016 11:04 AM  

> Of course, this will also require that governments back parents.

Yeah, good luck with that.

> Intelligent kids (of Western orientation) need not be hit.

Well, as a moderately intelligent child (lo these many years ago) and speaking from my personal experience, I would have to disagree. But you may be correct that genetics is a key component there too.

> Melania just gave the election to Hillary.

Cash the check while it's still good.

Blogger praetorian July 19, 2016 11:07 AM  

Melania just gave the election to Hillary.

How do you do, fellow conservative?

Anonymous BGKB July 19, 2016 11:16 AM  

In reality his only genuine regret is that he was discovered.

First they will complain you fought dirty then they are sorry they got arrested.

The description could just as easily apply to children.

Many people can't believe blacks have IQs as low as they are because Asians/whites with those IQs are seriously disabled. The best way to comprehend a 70IQ black is to imagine a 10yo boy's mind in an adults body because that is the mental age.

that white people are committing just as much crime, and of the same kind, but because they're white, they get away with it.

They believe it, the NAACP admitted that criminals from 11 zip codes in Philly are responsible for over 50% of PA prison spending, but they think a zip code filled with Amish has just as many crack whores but they just don't get arrested. It was part of their School-Prison Pipeline

Melania just gave the election to Hillary.

Wont it be a bitch if Mooshell plagiarized an earlier speech. Keep in mind I have written as many articles for the Harvard Law Review as Bath House Barry Obama. I guess every tale that starts with "It was a dark and stormy night" is a copy.

Blogger Leo Little Book in Shenzhen July 19, 2016 11:27 AM  

But as the Bible says, there is a time for peace and a time for war. We have already entered the latter,

The palaces of Paradise are purchased with unpopular pronouncements.

Anonymous VFM #6306 July 19, 2016 11:29 AM  

Grant misses that the social contract has eroded on two sides: the militarized, unaccountable police are killing a lot of people - unpunished - that they wouldn't have 40 years ago. The Thin Blue Line was a shocking documentary in the 1970s. Now it is a training film.

Anonymous Athor Pel July 19, 2016 11:40 AM  

" 28. Blogger dc.sunsets July 19, 2016 10:03 AM
Intelligent kids (of Western orientation) need not be hit. Taking away their freedom works just fine when coupled with both a full explanation & setting an example in yourself.
..."


" 35. Blogger tz July 19, 2016 10:38 AM
Corporal punishment teaches children only that might makes right. It is much more tedious to form their conscience and morality through understanding.
..."


You're both full of shit.

If you spank your child only when you are not angry and it is made plain that you don't want to spank them but do it anyway, for their own good, speaks loudly to the child that you love them.

If you shirk the responsibility of spanking them when they need it then you are weak and send the message that you love your own comfort more than your child. They will pick up on it.

Everyone has rebellion in their hearts. Some more, some less. If you don't confront that rebellion then you become a co-conspirator in your child's sin.

If you spare the rod you will spoil the child.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan July 19, 2016 11:46 AM  

Big Gay, I know of someone doing a residency in the Chicago war zone, straight line liberal douchebrain now this person wants to move to Wisconsin and practice medicine there. If you are going to be gobsmacked by the reality of the black undertow it might at well be in Chiraqistan

Blogger Robert Divinity July 19, 2016 11:49 AM  

@34: I'm terrified, really. Trump has this in the bag.

This is the thing that never seems to sink in to the hand-wringers and fist-shakers who are often the backstoppers of the badge-gang goondas: The police are there to support BLM, et al. The criminal element are the boots of the ruling elite, who've destroyed the rule of law. Lügenpresse, police and BLM are all working for the same bosses - even if we see some elements (whites) of the police now being explicitly targeted.

Lügenpresse has made a possibly fatal mistake, though. By Mau-Mauing white cops to scare blacks to the polls, they simultaneously have caused whites to question the police and all government authority. Bad mistake in the long haul. Also, as even the Europeans discover how much their governments have lied to them, the same seeds of insurrection are planted. The military and police are heavily indoctrinated and propagandized by the communists, but as we saw in Russia whites are reluctant to fire on whites as part of the political process.

I'm oddly upbeat today.

OpenID basementhomebrewer July 19, 2016 11:51 AM  

Athor Pel wrote:" 28. Blogger dc.sunsets July 19, 2016 10:03 AM

Intelligent kids (of Western orientation) need not be hit. Taking away their freedom works just fine when coupled with both a full explanation & setting an example in yourself.

..."


" 35. Blogger tz July 19, 2016 10:38 AM

Corporal punishment teaches children only that might makes right. It is much more tedious to form their conscience and morality through understanding.

..."


You're both full of shit.

If you spank your child only when you are not angry and it is made plain that you don't want to spank them but do it anyway, for their own good, speaks loudly to the child that you love them.

If you shirk the responsibility of spanking them when they need it then you are weak and send the message that you love your own comfort more than your child. They will pick up on it.

Everyone has rebellion in their hearts. Some more, some less. If you don't confront that rebellion then you become a co-conspirator in your child's sin.

If you spare the rod you will spoil the child.



I believe this is where Libertarian's reliance on statistics leads them in the wrong directions. Statistics are valuable tools but the context and details around how the data is compiled is important.

Stefan M and many others will cite statistics that spankings don't work well compared to the alternative methods. The problem is spankings won't work if they are administered the wrong way.

Hitting your children in anger without explanation is a sure fire way to ensure spankings will not work.

In most of the studies cited parents who engage in that type of behavior are lumped in with parents who carry out the punishment properly. This taints the outcomes of the study.

Add to that, the fact that these types of studies are only able to be reproduced a quarter of the time and the "facts" become pretty shaky.

Anonymous patrick kelly July 19, 2016 11:52 AM  

Police break the social contract when they operate outside the law and are not prosecuted for it.

Blogger Christopher Chantrill July 19, 2016 12:42 PM  

This is why I developed my reductive Three Peoples theory. There are the People of the Subordinate Self, victims, workers and peasants; there are the People of the Responsible Self, that serve before they expect to be served; then there are the People of the Creative Self.

It's the People of the Creative Self that create the problem because their idea of creativity is to mess with society using the People of the Subordinate Self as their cats paws.

Blogger Sandra Sandra July 19, 2016 12:49 PM  

This is the thing that never seems to sink in to the hand-wringers and fist-shakers who are often the backstoppers of the badge-gang goondas: The police are there to support BLM, et al. The criminal element are the boots of the ruling elite, who've destroyed the rule of law. Lügenpresse, police and BLM are all working for the same bosses

Anonymous AKFox July 19, 2016 12:54 PM  

Refusal to accept responsibility, need for excitement, refusal to accept reality...sounds like my soon to be ex-wife.

Anonymous cheddarman July 19, 2016 1:08 PM  

What is that we are supposed to do? Like Thor Son - my instinct also tells me that great danger is approaching.
Yet despite this, the other part of me feels locked in a system that prevents me from doing anything more than preparing & protecting my immediate family. Even this can be a struggle - due to financial limitations.
I ask this question not rhetorically but with a genuine desire to glean advice.

You cant control stuff at a global or national level, but you can plan for yourself and family at the local level.

My advice would be to prioritize along the following lines:

1) people - find and live along side of people you can trust, preferable in the country. Better a trailer in the country than a house or apartment in the city. develop relationships with the like minded in your living space. Join a church. Then you can share expensive tools and other stuff you would need with other people.

2) ideas - develop a couple of different skill sets so you can trade your labor for other services or things you would need in an emergency...

3) things - get the tools you need, inexpensively, by buying used. Realistically, if you have a rifle and pistol you can shoot accurately and have a good stockpile of ammo, you are in a much better position than most. for example, A mosin nagant rifle costs a couple hundred bucks, soviet era ammo is still cheap, and you can get a police trade in pistol in 9mm or 40 caliber, and have a decent ammo stockpile for less than $1,000.

Blogger Rusty Fife July 19, 2016 1:28 PM  

residentMoron wrote:There is of course one nameless (((tribe))) who have been official holders of the global victimhood championship medal for 7 decades now.

Try 4,000yrs. "I was enslaved!"

Anonymous BGKB July 19, 2016 1:35 PM  

It's the People of the Creative Self that create the problem because their idea of creativity is to mess with society using the

Have these """Creative"""" people came up with anything new since Martin Luther wrote a book about all of their scams? I consider high speed trading to be an extension of Rothschild's hiring falconers to kill other peoples homing pigeons + market manipulation.

Refusal to accept responsibility, need for excitement, refusal to accept reality...sounds like my soon to be ex-wife.

The first gay divorce law firm popped up 2 weeks after the Supremes decision.

Big Gay, I know of someone doing a residency in the Chicago war zone, straight line liberal douchebrain now this person wants to move

A murse on one of the gay news sites posted his resume (credentialism) as proof I was wrong about non Asian minorities using ambulances for taxis in several metro areas. After I posted proof he was all "Travel nurses just do bedpans", so I said if that was your real resume you would know homeless men with foot complaints are worse than bedpans, but I would do that all day instead of being in charge of non Asian minorities.

Blogger residentMoron July 19, 2016 1:35 PM  

"If sin wasn't rewarding (at least for a brief time), people wouldn't do it."

@30:

My father used to say something very similar, along the lines of, 'If we didn't enjoy sinning, we'd have no problem stopping.'

Thing is, both he and your mom are right, just different time preferences is all.

See, what the Word says is this:

"Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil."

When my four year old was two I told him many times not to touch the stove. His mother told him many times. But he had no experience of the word "burn" and that glowing orange thing was soooo tempting. He reached up and put all four fingers, two knuckles worth, on the hot stove.

He cried himself to sleep for two days, and he's never done it again, nor had to be told.

But you see, the pain was harsh and immediate.

The pain from sin is oft long delayed, and many times subtle and progressive rather than precipitous like a hard burn. The best analogy I can give is cigarette smoking. No individual one will kill you, but the habit very likely will - a long, long time later.

It's not really the enjoyment of sin that stops us from stopping, even when we know it's bad for us. It's that the recoil hits such a long time after we pull the trigger.

Anonymous Whitey Whiteman III July 19, 2016 1:40 PM  

Speaking of victims, Leslie Jones (of Grrrrlbusters fame) picked a fight with Milo on Twitter.

Hilarity ensued.

http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2016/07/18/ghostbuster-leslie-jones-reports-milo/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0ZjZyL6Wf8

Blogger LBD July 19, 2016 1:46 PM  

Corporal punishment is ineffective because once the spanking or hitting is over and done with, the child feels that he has paid for the transgression and the account is settled. If he does it again or does something else he knows you don't want him to do and doesn't get caught, he feels great and "one up". He doesn't internalize the lesson.

Corporal punishment can work for a brief time but the returns diminish rapdly.

Anonymous SciVo July 19, 2016 2:05 PM  

BGKB wrote:that white people are committing just as much crime, and of the same kind, but because they're white, they get away with it.

They believe it, the NAACP admitted that criminals from 11 zip codes in Philly are responsible for over 50% of PA prison spending, but they think a zip code filled with Amish has just as many crack whores but they just don't get arrested. It was part of their School-Prison Pipeline


I guess I'm a little naive, but it was years before I realized that Dave Chappelle's stories about his friend Chip are as heavy-handed and fake as a medieval morality tale. Now it sounds to me like he just took stories from people he knew, made the instigator white, and changed the ending.

In fact, I think you were the one who said that black men think white men speed and run red lights the same as they do, but get away with it because privilege. So I put one and one together.

Blogger Tom Watkins July 19, 2016 2:13 PM  

It seems like Vox is sort of describing borderline personality disorder

Anonymous somebody else even July 19, 2016 2:18 PM  

Moderator,

The Sandra Sandra poster is a redirect scammer.

Anonymous SciVo July 19, 2016 2:26 PM  

Tom Watkins wrote:It seems like Vox is sort of describing borderline personality disorder

That's too specific.

Cluster B is called the dramatic, emotional, and erratic cluster. It includes:

* Borderline Personality Disorder.
* Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
* Histrionic Personality Disorder.
* Antisocial Personality Disorder.

Disorders in this cluster share problems with impulse control and emotional regulation.

Blogger Elder Son July 19, 2016 2:40 PM  

This is all actually good for the government. It can always use a good excuse to grow and expand. And all for your safety and well-being. And just like Dial Emergency 9-1-1 was used as an excuse for government to grow and expand into your lives, then used to demonize whites, Christians, constitutionalists, and freedom minded folks, this will to, and is. And as long as white, Christian, constitutionalist, freedom minded folks remain on the defensive, and always on the run, its boot will always be on your balls until you are completely neutered.

I still remember that kid at that Trump rally, being chased by those thugs. His "freedom minded folks" just stood there and watched. To busy being "law and order" types. Don't take the "law" into your hands. When it is the very "law" that enslaves you. Makes you docile. Makes you skeered to take liberty and freedom and fight for it and embrace it. And all those "law enforcers" just stood there and watched to. Because they were told to stand down and were just following orders. That's right. All those cops will just follow orders, even if it is detrimental to all you white, Christian, constitutionalist, freedom minded folks. And here we are defending them because some got shot by blacks. As if we found some new friends of liberty.

You want your freedom and liberty? You have to go out and take it with balls. No one is going to give it to you. And no one, say like your cops, are going to get it for you on your behalf.

What you had: A republic, if YOU can keep it.

What is the nature of government: To grow.

How to keep it: The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time.

You can never, ever, escape that.

You have to go get it. No one is going to do it for you.

And stop looking at cops as individuals. They are not. They are part of the same hive mind system, institution, of government, that enslaves you.

You don't have a negro problem, or a Islam problem. You have a government problem. Fix it.

Anonymous Spartacus xxxxx July 19, 2016 2:49 PM  

Whitey Whiteman III wrote:Speaking of victims, Leslie Jones (of Grrrrlbusters fame) picked a fight with Milo on Twitter.

Looks like she's having some problems today on Twitter. https://twitter.com/Lesdoggg

Anonymous Filsta July 19, 2016 2:51 PM  

The logical inconsistency of leftist ideology never ceases to amaze. In every discussion I've had with these leftists, they talk about the system but work on me to try to change my mind. Basically, they are affirming personal responsibility in the act of screaming for you to change your mind while denying it at the same time. It is insanity, and since most people don't even notice this basic logical contradiction; the insanity will manifest itself (as it currently is) in violence.

Blogger Lucas July 19, 2016 3:03 PM  

Add the ADL in that list.

Anonymous reality July 19, 2016 3:37 PM  

"But, evil doesn't care about the truth. Evil finds joy in denying the truth and sowing destruction. Like you say, these organizations are evil. These SJWs, are evil, whether they realize it or not. And we can’t fight evil with rational arguments."

This

"The police are there to support BLM, et al. The criminal element are the boots of the ruling elite, who've destroyed the rule of law. Lügenpresse, police and BLM are all working for the same bosses - even if we see some elements (whites) of the police now being explicitly targeted."

And this. Until idiotic whites see this and stop worrying about a small segment of the population running feral on cops. They will just continue to miss the forest for the trees. Whites are going to have to murder SJW/leftist whites with extreme prejudice as if the white SJW/leftist was a murderous black moslems. White SJWs/leftists are the enemy within and a much greater threat than some feral blacks. Until whites figure that out things will just get worse.

Blogger Elder Son July 19, 2016 3:43 PM  

@65

Trump is not going to "fix it".

Anonymous Shakey July 19, 2016 3:54 PM  

First time posting here, but you have no idea how right you are Nat. You may enjoy reading about ABA (applied behavior analysis) and how it's used to modify behavior in special needs children who exhibit negative behaviors. His comment in "power" rings especially loudly.

Anonymous Whitey Whiteman III July 19, 2016 4:00 PM  

"Looks like she's having some problems today on Twitter. https://twitter.com/Lesdoggg"

Liberals and feminists and SJWs and celebrities...

They are used to saying and doing whatever dumb shit they want with impunity and praise.

Yall in our world, now.

The skreets.

You're out of your element, Leslie.

She broke quick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0Bs3GcRRAE

Anonymous A.B. Prosper July 19, 2016 4:01 PM  

sigsawyer wrote:Thanks for bringing up the most overlooked point in the whole discussion about crime:

Crime is fun.

Beating 'the man' makes you feel alive. It's an instant remedy for the existential despair any dumb, downtrodden thug from the ghetto certainly feels in an age of welfare, unemployment, atomization, and the breakdown of the family.

You're never going to keep people away from a source of fun with positive incentives to the contrary. You keep them away from it with brutal negative incentives. If the average 'youth' had to wake up every morning and look at the rotten body of a gangbanger hanging from a lamppost, East River seagulls fighting over his eyes, how likely would he be to stick up a convenience store?


That doesn't work. It was standard practice in the past well into the 18th and 19th century.

You can't make enough people dance the Tyburn jig to make crime less desirable. What has to happen is intact patriarchal families with an opt into society even for the lower IQ, lower impulse control set

Part of the problem now is not only do we have broken families and matriarchy its getting hard for anyone to have an opt in to society. This is partially why say decently well off people are not having children, they can't afford them

Anecdotes are not evidence but I just go together for lunch with one of my D&D buddies , a White, educated , High IQ L.D.S guy from an intact family with three kids . He's 26 a millennial and just got his first car, a beater, not paid off from working as a para-educator Its a workable car but still its the kind of car Gen X would have at 16 and dump at his age for a new car if they were cheap or maybe earlier if they were doing well.

He isn't alone it while a lot of this is Mexican market lockdown (I'm in So-Cal) and some of it is regulation but its mostly efficiency, we have too much automation, too much trade and too efficient a labor force to create jobs

We have plenty of stick, the US has more people in jail or prison per capita than any other society and more police related and private shootings than any 1st world society.

What it lacks is foundation stability. Even if you are a 90 IQ Black kid from the hood if you marry before children ,stay married and work hard you ought to be able to have a chunk of the pie on your own efforts.

Till that happens, marriage reform, family reform and economic reform you are riding the express rocket to collapse

And trust me, we won't get economic reform easily , it will be easier to deport people and that's nigh impossible a huge chunk of the "Right" are economic liberals and starting screaming about "muh economic liberty" or statism and start thinking revolution, sabotage or just lose their shit

Any which was you shake it out, more people and machines means more state.

This means figuring out a way to make the state stay in bounds and back the sound stable values. Way easier said than done.

Anonymous Whitey Whiteman III July 19, 2016 4:02 PM  

You got to give it to Scalzi.

Vox tortures the fuck out of him, and he just keeps repeating his web traffic numbers, over and over.

Anonymous BGKB July 19, 2016 4:12 PM  

Related: beware of Cooks named Shitavious. https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/07/19/ohio-police-officer-hospitalized-after-eating-shards-of-glass-in-sandwich-from-columbus-restaurant/

Blogger Lovekraft July 19, 2016 4:13 PM  

Because we are isolated from mainstream society, we struggle to determine our importance and impact on matters of importance. But methinks that in the past, say, ten years, a massive shift has occurred where those who continue to deny reality appear more delusional.

Legacy Media tries to cover it up with more lies and degeneracy (hip hop culture) but we should take stock of our victories and be proud. We are also well-prepared to handle this shift and offer advice to new red-pillers.

Anonymous BGKB July 19, 2016 4:54 PM  

Biased Kingmaker Drudge creates news while ignoring all of TRUMP's flaws. (((Journalists)))wish they had his power.

http://www.businessinsider.com/drudge-report-trump-2016-7

Anonymous Athor Pel July 19, 2016 5:00 PM  

"60. LBD July 19, 2016 1:46 PM

Corporal punishment is ineffective because once the spanking or hitting is over and done with, the child feels that he has paid for the transgression and the account is settled. If he does it again or does something else he knows you don't want him to do and doesn't get caught, he feels great and "one up". He doesn't internalize the lesson.

Corporal punishment can work for a brief time but the returns diminish rapdly."



You are a liar.

Anonymous p-dawg July 19, 2016 5:13 PM  

@A.B. Prosper "Anecdotes are not evidence"

Why are they not? I found the following definition of the word "evidence": the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

While anecdotes might not be proof, and may not be convincing evidence, or the best evidence, they are information and they can indicate whether a belief or proposition is true or false, so how is it that they are not evidence? Did you mean "proof" when you said "evidence?" I will also note that although you said that anecdotes are not evidence, you then proceeded to use an anecdote as evidence, so I'm even more confused than usual.

Blogger Aeoli Pera July 19, 2016 5:51 PM  

This Peter Grant fellow knows a thing or two.

Blogger Aeoli Pera July 19, 2016 5:56 PM  

Elder Son wrote:You don't have a negro problem, or a Islam problem. You have a government problem. Fix it.

America has the government it deserves. The problem is immorality and only a spiritual revival has a chance of fixing it.

The great thing about this is how simple it is for individuals to help fix the problem. Note that simple is not the same as easy.

Anonymous Discard July 19, 2016 6:07 PM  

Was it Steve Sailer wrote wrote that the plural of "anecdote" is "data"?

Anonymous Mr. Rational July 19, 2016 6:19 PM  

Gen. Kong wrote:As more folks take the red-pill, we might see the present monopoly of power crumble so that BLM, et al end up meeting the flying wall of metal they so richly deserve.
Only the lowest-level apparatchiks deserve anything so humane.  We need to make examples of the architects (the ones who survive long enough to face trial after the fighting).  Their ends must be memorable and chilling.

tz wrote:Corporal punishment teaches children only that might makes right. It is much more tedious to form their conscience and morality through understanding.
You're assuming that they're capable of forming a conscience.  Look at some of the smiling dindu murderers out there.  They have no consciences, but sufficient negative reinforcement at an early enough age might have conditioned them to behave better and fear consequences of their actions.

Blogger Unknown July 19, 2016 8:36 PM  

There is a time for peace and a time for war

Continuing with this Bible passage:

God has [indeed] made everything appropriate in its time. He has also put eternity in men's hearts, but man cannot discover the work God has done from beginning to end. (Ecc 3:11)

In other words, there is a time for everything, yes, but God's plan is eternal, which, with regard to war, man cannot discover through which side's victory His will be done. God uses war for His own purposes just as He did the wars that enslaved His people under the Assyrians and Babylonians and Persians. This means it may well be God's plan that the West falls to the Caliphate at this time, or not. Nothing is certain and, as the Teacher in Ecclesiastes goes on to say:

For the fate of people and the fate of animals is the same. As one dies, so dies the other; they all have the same breath. People have no advantage over animals since everything is futile. All are going to the same place; all come from dust, and all return to dust. Who knows if the spirit of people rises upward and the spirit of animals goes downward to the earth? I have seen that there is nothing better than for a person to enjoy his activities because that is his reward. For who can enable him to see what will happen after he dies? (Ecc 3:19-22)

The Teacher is saying here that the only thing men can be certain about is their own death. There is one more certainty, a certainty shared by all who speak the truth - that the prophet is not himself God. A declaration that "there will be war" neither means war is certain nor that the West winning such a war is part of God's eternal plan. It may well be, but who can be sure?

It is wise, therefore, to tread carefully around prophecies about war, particularly those in which the reputation and credibility of those making the prophecy are so thoroughly invested as this.

If war comes, be sure you know why you yourself are fighting, then fight well and if it comes to it, die well. Do not expect victory and do not assume God is on your side unless you yourself have fully repented of all your sins. God sees your heart. It may well be the man who is trying to kill you is more repentant than you.

Blogger dfordoom July 19, 2016 10:20 PM  

@5. Whisker biscuit

I worry that the west will come to accept these attacks by Muslims as common part of everyday life, and continue to slumber towards the collapse.

It's already happened.

People have two alternatives. Option One is to pretend that everything is fine and the government will take care of everything. Option Two is to realise that everything you've been told has been a lie and everything you believe is nonsense. Once you accept that option you become a social outcast and you'll never hold down employment again.

Ninety-nine percent of the population will choose Option One.

Blogger dfordoom July 19, 2016 10:42 PM  

@33. Gen. Kong

If the militaries were filled with actual patriots, the lawless regimes of the west would have been overthrown long ago.

Agreed.

Whatever else you might say about them globalists aren't stupid. They understand power. They have been very careful to ensure that all the sources of real power - the schools, the media, the military, the police - are in their hands. That objective has been achieved.

There's no longer any need for them to hide the iron fist under the velvet glove. When the globalist repression starts in earnest it will be a lot more efficient than anything Stalin attempted. They have repressive technology that Stalin could only have have dreamt of.

The problem for the elites is that they are starting to become really really hated. Time may be against them. They weren't expecting the kinds of electoral backlashes they've encountered in Britain (the Brexit vote) and Australia and other places recently. They fully intended to suppress democracy entirely but they weren't yet ready for that step and so they've been caught on the wrong foot.

Blogger LP9 Solidified in Gold! Rin Integra July 19, 2016 11:36 PM  

Serious reality here: "But it won't. As Dr. Pournelle has repeatedly written, there will be war."

Ignorance is bliss to some, being techno color 4d (step up from 3d images) aware is a status symbol to us.

Anonymous Spartacus xxxxx July 20, 2016 1:18 AM  

Whitey Whiteman III wrote:Liberals and feminists and SJWs and celebrities...

They are used to saying and doing whatever dumb shit they want with impunity and praise.

You're out of your element, Leslie.

She broke quick.



Yeah, a case study here, one for the history books. Someone may have created a spoof account and posted under her handle, triggering much Triggered. I boo hoo not.

First week of her Big Break (?) on the silver screen. Nationwide opening. Had all the breaks it took to get her there. Where is the carriage, the bearing, the dignity, the gratitude?

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts