ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2016 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Dud or warning shot?

Wikileaks releases 29 DNC voicemails:
Another shoe has been dropped by Wikileaks. On the night President Obama and Vice Presidential nominee Tim Kaine were scheduled to speak to the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia, the anti-secrecy whistle-blower group released hacked voicemails of top Democratic officials. Wikileaks put up a page containing 29 mp3 files of calls, identified by phone number, running approximately 14 minutes combined.

None of the messages listened to by The Washington Times contained anything immediately obvious as embarrassing or incriminating. However, the very fact the DNC voicemail system has been hacked is embarrassing and could augur the release of far more damaging material later.
 Given the way Wikileaks likes to draw things out for maximum media impact, one would assume that the release of these innocuous messages is a warning shot, especially in light of how the Democrats and the bitter #NeverTrump die-hards have been attacking Wikileaks as a pawn of Vladimir Putin.

On the other hand, it could simply be a bluff because they don't have anything more. Only time will tell.

UPDATE: Warning shot.

Wikileaks’ Julian Assange said that the organisation plans to release a “lot more” leaked material on Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Party in the run up to November’s presidential election.

Labels: ,

53 Comments:

Anonymous JD July 28, 2016 4:31 AM  

These apparently aren't actually new. They were file attachments from the previous email dump. (Some VM systems let users choose to forward voicemails to an email address as an attached MP3 file.)

Blogger American Spartan July 28, 2016 4:44 AM  

Hey Vox huge fan and I have a few questions.

If this is just a warning shot, what else is to come?

What do you think they have they are holding back?

Do you think this could harm Trump?

When he wins, how bad do you think the illegals will act? Riots?

Do you see the right taking Congress in this year/2018?

How many justices do you he will be able to get on the court?

What is your take on school vouchers/choice
Do you think we can get vouchers in which the private schools would not be controlled with fed regulations?

What pistol do you own/recommend?

Thank you for your answers.

Anonymous Takin' a Look July 28, 2016 5:09 AM  

I'm always leery about Assange (Hat tip to Henry Makow). His weird past with The Family (christian-hindu ?CIA? cult) and general avoidance of (((le happy merchants))) in his wikileaks.

Anonymous Napoleon 12pdr July 28, 2016 5:16 AM  

Well, of course he's avoiding Israeli interests. The Mossad might try to kill him.

Blogger VD July 28, 2016 5:19 AM  

Hey Vox huge fan and I have a few questions.

Don't know.
Don't know.
Something directly involving Hillary, probably the Foundation.
No.
Illegals will quietly vanish.
The right? No, but the Republicans might.
At least three, possibly four.
Irrelevant. The important thing is to legalize uncontrolled homeschooling.
I like the compact .357 magnum from Smith & Wesson.

Blogger Shimshon July 28, 2016 5:24 AM  

I agree that Trump is unlikely to be affected by these leaks. First, I suspect he takes security more seriously. Second, he sounds pretty low tech. He probably sticks to phone calls and actual meetings for substantive discussion. Third, regardless of what his enemies thinks, I doubt there are any really bad skeletons in his closet.

Anonymous SciVo July 28, 2016 5:30 AM  

Speaking of persuasion efforts by third parties (how's that for a segue?), Scott Adams warns that we might be going up against Dr. Cialdini himself. However, his help hasn't stopped the Democrat convention from "selling past the close" and working against the Hillary campaign (by literally making men feel bad).

So that's a bit of a mixed bag, and I would be concerned with a McCain or Romney type; but Trump is world-class at that dimension of the contest, and VP is (among other things) a manufactory of rhetorical devices. But we need to stay on our toes.

Blogger Kona Commuter July 28, 2016 6:10 AM  

My money says warning shot

Blogger Shimshon July 28, 2016 6:11 AM  

@7 Watching Trump's latest press conference. I'd say he's doing very well. No gotchas. Brilliant indirect criticism of Bill Clinton without saying anything specific on his peccadilloes. Staying on message. Made a reasonable case for not releasing his tax returns. Given how long he could likely drag out an audit, we might never see them. Repeat after me, "we don't care."

I bet he'll hold these regularly until the election. Guaranteed air time, free. Better than any commercial. He's quick on his feet. Very entertaining in his delivery. Even acted quite presidential.

Blogger totenhenchen July 28, 2016 6:20 AM  

People who think that Assange is merely a pawn of Russia forget that he's already got plenty of reason to do what he's doing. After all, it's the international Left that has been relentlessly fucking with his life ever since Wikileaks released the East Anglia emails that wrecked the climate change narrative. I suspect that the release of increasingly damaging information could be as methodical as, say, the prosecution of bogus rape charges.

Blogger Shimshon July 28, 2016 6:26 AM  

@10 Wikileaks did NOT release those emails, although they do like to imply that they are behind them. Notice the completely different MO. Those emails were released entirely in huge unfiltered dumps. We don't even know who is behind the leak. Wikileaks likes to make itself part of the story. They do good work, but they drag things out and like to tease.

Blogger weka July 28, 2016 6:27 AM  

Most people at Trump's level don't use electronic communications, because they are inherently insecure, and because they interrupt the flow of meetings or concentration.

They get the information in and out filtered by very good assistants.

The DNC simply does not work at that level.

Blogger American Spartan July 28, 2016 6:38 AM  

So what do you see the Republican party doing under Trump?

Do you see them playing along to get along?

Do you see them blocking anything major as the costs become higher and higher (McCain and Ryan being primaries (God willing))?

Do you think we can get major immigration resections past in the first 100 days?

What do you see as the future for the right?

How long before the Neo cons and the cuckservatives become the Blue Dogs?

Also I am looking for a post you made. It was to the effect of "people will not mind if you ethical cleanse your own nation, but if you become expansionist they will see you as threat and take action". For the love of God I can not seem to find it and it summed up foreign politics so well.

Love your work. Any more vids with Molyneux in the works?

OpenID basementhomebrewer July 28, 2016 6:42 AM  

weka wrote:Most people at Trump's level don't use electronic communications, because they are inherently insecure, and because they interrupt the flow of meetings or concentration.

They get the information in and out filtered by very good assistants.

The DNC simply does not work at that level.


It's clear most of the inter-workings of the DNC are controlled by arrogant millennials. They think they know how tech works but really don't. Security concerns were brushed aside on a regular basis.

The Russia story has been ridiculous. "experts" say it looks like the Russians. Were these "experts" hired by the DNC? The "evidence" held out so far has been pretty questionable and would be common tactics for a large number of hackers. Anyone defending Trump needs to take Cernovich's lead and say "so what?" when people push the Russian angle. Steer the conversation back to the content of the leaks rather than how they were leaked.

The most laughable was the outrage at Trump's joke about the Russians getting the information out. "Foreign powers manipulating in our election" has been the talking point. The how of the manipulating being shining a flashlight on the way the democrats have been manipulating elections. The latter sounds a whole lot worse than the former.

Blogger Escoffier July 28, 2016 6:42 AM  

VD wrote:
I like the compact .357 magnum from Smith & Wesson.


Dude that's not a pistol, it's a weight loss program!

Blogger Phillip George July 28, 2016 6:43 AM  

"Shock, you won't believe what's coming, must see, what they don't want you to see, what the elite are going to take down if you read this now,, anonymous insider reveals, what they don't want you to know"

all these click bait headers get recycled faster than yesterdays newspapers. In and of themselves they are a disinformation tool.

As if the next leak, shock, revelation, they don't want you to know will take down anyone? As if the big one will finally get the masses moving on the Bastille, and the dust covers off the guillotine.

the "redacted" sections of the 911 commission report were a nothing/ a furphy disinformation exercise. Kept secret just to make people think the real juice was about to get squeezed out and heads would roll.

but the story, the biggest story of them all, the ripping rampant corruption stories worst aspects are there the whole time in plain sight.

eg. WTC building 7 collapse was the biggest story of them all. Buried with the noise of ten thousand nothing headlines. MH 17, MH 370, the very existence of a money laundering 'foundation'.

If there really existed a "kill shot" leak, wouldn't Julian Assange do a deal to get out of house arrest jail. And or do a deal for amnesty. Or get a promise from Team Trump?

Let's say there is a video of someone human sacrificing babies or eating their still beating hearts.

would the masses change their votes. When planned parent hood sold body parts and fresh harvested late term babies or killed live birth babies did anything change or get shut down?

The story is the dirt is already there and unfortunately the story is nothing happened when it came out. The personality cult, identity political machine, rolls on. Just hope not too many people are waiting for the big one to protest vote, take up jury nullification, or keep Trump to his promises. Alternatively they false flag WWIII and its game over for most readers anyway.\\

the "big one", came and went, and everyone promptly went back to sleep. Unfortunately Americans, Europeans are no where near angry, incensed, infuriated....

the story reads, like, it happened and then there was nothing anyway. A lot of little leaks to say. "see, things weren't that bad"

Anonymous Longtime Lurker July 28, 2016 6:44 AM  

This is the way they wreck the narrative, wreck the narrative, wreck the narrative, early in the morning!

Blogger Phillip George July 28, 2016 6:46 AM  

but they were that bad

Blogger Cataline Sergius July 28, 2016 6:58 AM  

My bet is that this is just a taste.

Just something to whet the appetite. The Russians are the grand masters of this kind of thing. I can't help but admire the tradecraft.

Anonymous SciVo July 28, 2016 7:01 AM  

American Spartan wrote:Also I am looking for a post you made. ... For the love of God I can not seem to find it and it summed up foreign politics so well.

1. google "third reich farm land"
2. google site:voxday.blogspot.com lebensraum

Alternative to madness:

So there is a clear lesson here for ultranationalists: If one is content to clear foreign nationals out of one's own country by pretty much any means from the civilized to the most primitive, the world will accept that, however loudly they denounce and decry the action. But get greedy for neighboring lands and someone, somewhere, will act to prevent it.

Blogger Whisker biscuit July 28, 2016 7:14 AM  

I honestly believe the Cunt could have emails stating she hates blacks, thinks gay men spread AIDS, and DNC voters would believe anything if it was feed to them by the lamestream news, and nothing would change. The left truly operates on "by any means nessasary", and that will never change.

They can do spectacular mental gymnastics.

Anonymous krymneth July 28, 2016 7:23 AM  

One thing a lot of commentators don't seem to quite understand is that you can be hacked by multiple parties. Maybe the Russians did hack the DNC, but also China, a couple of random hackers, and Israel, just for the heck of it.

The real story here remains the fact that they don't know who hacked them and they're just spitballing frantically. No matter who they blame for the back, the problem will irreducibly remain that they got hacked.

Anonymous Takin' a Look July 28, 2016 7:25 AM  

True enough.

Blogger Phillip George July 28, 2016 7:28 AM  

move on the slow news. All the stuff not followed up on. Keeps accounts and have a long memory.
Remember Christopher Stephens, and others sacrificed for convenience. Seal Team 6 etc etc etc. \

Aurelie Chatelain's killer is in state protection. A non uniformed combatant behind enemy lines in a declared war is being protected. Isn't that a metaphor for the entire generation of 'authorities'?

In Marie La Pen is God raising up a woman to do a man's job because He can't find any? Follow the slow news. The grinding fine powder slow news.

Blogger Phillip George July 28, 2016 7:31 AM  

problem will irreducibly remain that they got hacked. or they hacked themselves to turn stories into non stories. think about it again. Why does his even now appear like a wither and die header.

Blogger American Spartan July 28, 2016 7:32 AM  

American Spartan wrote:
Also I am looking for a post you made. ... For the love of God I can not seem to find it and it summed up foreign politics so well.


1. google "third reich farm land"
2. google site:voxday.blogspot.com lebensraum

Alternative to madness:

So there is a clear lesson here for ultranationalists: If one is content to clear foreign nationals out of one's own country by pretty much any means from the civilized to the most primitive, the world will accept that, however loudly they denounce and decry the action. But get greedy for neighboring lands and someone, somewhere, will act to prevent it.


And this is why Vox Day and his site rules...

Anonymous SciVo July 28, 2016 7:38 AM  

krymneth wrote:One thing a lot of commentators don't seem to quite understand is that you can be hacked by multiple parties.

That is worthy of long-term repeated mockery. Do they imagine that a woman's computer is like an egg, and that having been invaded by one hack-sperm, it is then closed to all others? How technologically illiterate, and also sexist!

Blogger Anchorman July 28, 2016 7:49 AM  

Dud or warning shot?

Could be neither. It could be a signal that the Dems (and others) better start challenging their imagination to figure out everything that's vulnerable to electronic intercept. Everyone has been laser-focused on emails and email security and then they drop the voicemails, as if to say, "We can hack your emails. We can hack your voicemails. What else did we hack?"

Sends a great message that "Nothing is safe, it's not just email that's vulnerable."

Blogger residentMoron July 28, 2016 8:10 AM  

"The Mossad will kill him."

Fixed that for ya.

Anonymous A Visitor July 28, 2016 8:16 AM  

My money is on the Russians. Regardless, it works in Trump's favor.

Blogger residentMoron July 28, 2016 8:23 AM  

Scott Adam's finish to that article about Selling Past the Close, was quite clever:

"If you read books, you might want to read this one, because the last part of this sentence doesn’t contain a reason."

@16 Phillip George

Yeah, what you say is true. But systems under pressure (and pretty much every facet of life in the Western world is under extreme pressure right now - the political, cultural, spiritual, economic) can change states very rapidly once you hit an inflection point.

Before that acetylene cylinder blows you and your neighbours to meet your doom, it looks perfectly normal. But what's going on inside it may not be.

When you see pressures of various sorts building and building, without apparent reaction, it's time to take cover. Because as noted by others, things that cannot continue indefinitely, won't.

Blogger Robert Divinity July 28, 2016 8:49 AM  

My money says warning shot

There likely are Democratic officeholders and apparatchiks in addition to Clinton who are on notice they may be in serious trouble. It's safe to assume there is much Democratic scrambling behind the scenes.

Just something to whet the appetite. The Russians are the grand masters of this kind of thing. I can't help but admire the tradecraft.

The timing was impeccable.

One thing a lot of commentators don't seem to quite understand is that you can be hacked by multiple parties. Maybe the Russians did hack the DNC, but also China, a couple of random hackers, and Israel, just for the heck of it.

This is why Russia or whoever probably leaked now rather than used the material to blackmail. If multiple intelligence services--some hostile to one another, have the same information, its blackmail value is greatly diminished. This has been a master stroke.


Sends a great message that "Nothing is safe, it's not just email that's vulnerable."


Another effect is the pre-emptive actions it will cause potential targets to take. We may hear a few rolling disclosures before more dumps, for example. The psychological manipulation is brilliant.

Anonymous Napoleon 12pdr July 28, 2016 8:50 AM  

I doubt that there is very much in the voice mails. It's a place-holder to keep Wikileaks in the press. Sometime around the first debate, they'll unload the radioactive e-mails.

Which most likely document Crooked Hillary Rotten Criminal selling her office for "contributions" to the Clinton Foundation.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan July 28, 2016 9:06 AM  

If their is a plan by Trump, IF, then it is to bring attention to foreign intervention in the election by the idiots in the media who are Vox's definition of midwits, worse, midwits in a feedback loop with no correction.

All the corruption that has festered will be channeled thru the rhetoric of "Crooked Hillary", my WAG is for the little corrupt crumb eaters prone to vote D will be a "Reservoir Dogs" ending. Its a demoralization campaign, relentless campaign to implicate indirectly but subtly even the littlest D voter that other D voters are corrupt and want to steal their fought for stolen loot.

Anonymous ZhukovG July 28, 2016 9:11 AM  

Tonight Hillary, or whoever possesses her, will speak to the DNC.

Tonight, just before the speech, to create mindless panic, would be the perfect time to fire a couple below the waterline.

Blogger Derek Kite July 28, 2016 9:17 AM  

The glee on the announcers faces as they talked about the voicemail hack was the most interesting. They could barely hold in the laughter.

Blogger Robert Divinity July 28, 2016 9:26 AM  

Tonight, just before the speech, to create mindless panic, would be the perfect time to fire a couple below the waterline.

Agreed. The dump would have to happen far enough out to allow the juicy tidbits to be sorted, and close enough to her acceptance speech so that revisions would be hard to make. WikiLeaks first dump (the voicemails were part of it) was timed absolutely perfectly.

Anonymous krymneth July 28, 2016 9:46 AM  

I've said it here before, but I speculate that Trump's end-game plan, after keeping Clinton corruption in the news for months, is to make an final identity play asking voters what it really says about the voters themselves if they are still willing to vote Clinton. To basically force the voters to implicate themselves in the corruption if they vote Clinton.

If he pulls that off it really will be a landslide. And it's not like that's the only plan, either. But I think this may be the biggest.

Clinton desolately needs to convince people she's not corrupt. Good luck with that.

Blogger B.J. July 28, 2016 9:58 AM  

Most modern business phone systems have a 'send voicemail to email' function. So the DNC voicemail system was likely not hacked, these were just found attached to emails.

Blogger residentMoron July 28, 2016 10:21 AM  

That's true BJ, but most phone systems are just a computer with some specialised software for call routing, so if you can hack the email system you can probably hack the phone system as well.

Anonymous gxg July 28, 2016 11:04 AM  

What's next from Wikileaks? I saw the following on another site.

Part 2: To be released within the Hour before Hillary's acceptance speech. These will show Hillary using offers of arms deals while SoS to foreign nation and groups. Documents also demonstrating contributions to the Clinton Foundation after said communications while arms agreements will also be provided. Small leak of Emails and Mock-ups.

Part 3: This will be a massive Email leak, showing all ~80,000 emails that Hillary wiped from her server more then 3 weeks before word was even out about them. These range from emails to and from the Clinton Foundation and TO the White House.

Part 4: The Big Bang! These will be a trove of ~12,000 emails FROM the White House. Including emails confirming the plans of TPTB.


Whether the above is true or not, it does pose some interesting possibilities.

Blogger SemiSpook37 July 28, 2016 11:24 AM  

Whoever is making the calls for sometime this afternoon are right. It'd be too close to her giving the speech for them to make the requisite changes in time, plus, they've already taken the news off of the acceptance and right back on to the fact that these things even exist in the first place.

It's not so much a warning shot as it is a clandestine strike. Battle rhythm doesn't matter, it's the signals the operators receive in order to execute that do. And if the regressives in Philadelphia don't have a clue as to what those would be to set them off, all the better, IMHO.

Anonymous BGKB July 28, 2016 11:25 AM  

Given that the voicemails were about pay for play it feeds into the corruption message. Especially the one about the cancer patient getting removed from a meeting with bath house Barry for a higher payer. The reaction of TEAM Hilldog saying TRUMP asking Putin for the 33,000 emails she deleted, claimed they are personal, is a national security issue was funny.

When he wins, how bad do you think the illegals will act? Riots?

When he offers blanket pardons for those who kill MS-13 gang members, drug dealers & illegal aliens who have taken the life of a citizen they will be fleeing.

How many justices do you he will be able to get on the court?

He can push for Ginsburg and the other jew who performed gay marriages but didn't recuse themselves from the ruling to be impeached, if they are not found dead with pillows over their head.

What pistol do you own/recommend?

Go to a gun shop that will let you try out multiple ones, find one you are willing to carry every day.

Scott Adams warns that we might be going up against Dr. Cialdini himself. However

If dark is the worst they can throw at TRUMP they must not have known how well 50 shades of grey sold.

Cunt could have emails stating she hates blacks, thinks gay men spread AIDS, and DNC voters would believe anything if it was feed to them by the lamestream news, and nothing would change

Considering gays like Dan Savage have encouraged gays to try to taint the blood supply with aids that would be old news. Along with the Clintons knowingly selling AIDS infected blood to Canada, even reselling it via shells when Canada wouldn't take their prison blood.

Blogger Were-Puppy July 28, 2016 11:39 AM  

@7 SciVo

At the bottom of the link:
Godzilla, meet King Kong.

One of the rhetorics I've tried here and there to pretty good effect, in the manner of people cheerfully agree and use it themselves, is
Trumpzilla vs. Hillary Rodan Clinton

I got the HRC from somebody here :P

Blogger Were-Puppy July 28, 2016 11:44 AM  

@12 weka
Most people at Trump's level don't use electronic communications, because they are inherently insecure, and because they interrupt the flow of meetings or concentration.

They get the information in and out filtered by very good assistants.
---

Doggone it, I posted in the wrong topic about this.
I found a show about Trumps plane, and it is very interesting in that it shows his staff who helps him coordinate his schedule, take care of the plane, and all the various things that go into being Trump.

These assistants are fascinating, and they basically allow Trump to be Trump.

OT: Trumps Plane documentary -
https://youtu.be/7JHV6SS_j74?list=PL4ixxeITTTlV8MoffUbxMalwvfhZqRsCK

Blogger Were-Puppy July 28, 2016 11:49 AM  

@14 basementhomebrewer

The how of the manipulating being shining a flashlight on the way the democrats have been manipulating elections.
---

Best description of this I've seen:
They're mad at the guy who turned on the light, instead of the cockroaches scurrying about

Blogger veinarmor July 28, 2016 12:01 PM  

It's not a warning shot. It's the allegorical equivalent of anonymously delivered nude pictures of you and an underage same-sex, third world mudskin hanging nude from a whirling ceiling fan. It elicits the 'sweat phase' of the operation.

Blogger Robert Divinity July 28, 2016 1:55 PM  

It's not a warning shot. It's the allegorical equivalent of anonymously delivered nude pictures of you and an underage same-sex, third world mudskin hanging nude from a whirling ceiling fan. It elicits the 'sweat phase' of the operation.

This seems likely. One of the leaked items that seems innocuous would be where the threat has been delivered, too.

Blogger Roger G2 July 28, 2016 2:46 PM  

Assange guarantees HRC's indictment with the forthcoming releases of data-a bold claim in light of her Teflon coating, it would seem.
Nothing sticks to a Clinton, and even when it does there are no relevant punitive consequences. Political damage is so minuscule that they don't even lose the support of their water-carrying press, much less that of their fanboys. They all switch into damage-control spin mode at the mere question of scandal, deflect attention, double down, etc until the scandal quietly drops from the news cycle....ok I'm telling you folks what the world already knows.
My bad.
Point is, Asannge and WikiLeaks cannot possibly deliver on such a promise. Can he?

Anonymous SciVo July 28, 2016 2:47 PM  

residentMoron wrote:Scott Adam's finish to that article about Selling Past the Close, was quite clever:

"If you read books, you might want to read this one, because the last part of this sentence doesn’t contain a reason."


He ends most every post with an homage to what he calls the "fake because," which is just one of the research-based techniques in Dr. Cialdini's Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion. It's a short book that can take a long time; I spent about a month per chapter just processing it until I grokked it.

Anonymous SciVo July 28, 2016 2:56 PM  

Were-Puppy wrote:One of the rhetorics I've tried here and there to pretty good effect, in the manner of people cheerfully agree and use it themselves, is

Trumpzilla vs. Hillary Rodan Clinton


Nice one! The genius of Rotten and Rodan is that, as somebody here pointed out, there's hard evidence that she identifies strongly with Rodham. So, those have a chance to get under her skin in a way that most name-calling can't, after a quarter of a century on the national stage.

Blogger residentMoron July 28, 2016 4:49 PM  

Thanks, SciVo.

Blogger Were-Puppy July 28, 2016 6:06 PM  

@49 Roger G2

Point is, Asannge and WikiLeaks cannot possibly deliver on such a promise. Can he?
---

He can't make the FBI indict her. What would be excellent would be an email coercing the FBI head against indicting over the previous email scandal.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts