ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2016 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Reason enough to vote for him

Ruth Ginsburg fears a President Trump:
Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg believes "everything" will be up for grabs if Donald Trump is elected president and has the opportunity to appoint several justices to the high Court.

"I don't want to think about that possibility, but if it should be, then everything is up for grabs," Ginsburg said of the presumptive Republican nominee succeeding in his bid for the White House in an interview published Friday by The Associated Press.

The 83-year-old justice, who belongs to the court's liberal wing, said it's "likely that the next president, whoever she will be, will have a few appointments to make." Ginsburg is the oldest of the eight justices currently on the bench, while two of her colleagues – Anthony Kennedy and Stephen Breyer – are closing in on 80.
If the Left is more afraid of Trump than any Republican nominee since Reagan, isn't that alone sufficient reason to support him? Trump isn't a Good Republican like Chief Justice Roberts, who will fall in line when the global elite snaps its fingers.

What he is, we don't really know, but at least he isn't that.

Labels: ,

84 Comments:

Anonymous 5343 July 09, 2016 5:45 AM  

Let's hope the desiccated old cow continues to soil her Depends over it until November ... and beyond.

Blogger Krul July 09, 2016 5:51 AM  

Combine this with Hillary's mishandling of TS material and getting away with it. Is there even a choice at this point?

Anonymous Bz July 09, 2016 6:01 AM  

Everything has been up for grabs for a long time now, Ruth.

Anonymous Mark Goldberg Horowitz Cohen July 09, 2016 6:04 AM  

Ruth Bader Ginsburg is truly an inspiration, especially for her work with the ACLU before being appointed to the Supreme Court.

She still has excellent legal judgment.

Blogger Human Animal July 09, 2016 6:08 AM  

Combine this with Hillary's mishandling of TS material and getting away with it. Is there even a choice at this point?

Moving to Canada. Voting third party. Burning your hometown.

What he is, we don't really know, but at least he isn't that.

If the train won't stop, it has to come off the tracks, at least until the Leftists remember how to discuss problems constructively.

OpenID simplytimothy July 09, 2016 6:12 AM  

May she see her life's work utterly undone before she dies.

Blogger Thucydides July 09, 2016 6:23 AM  

Leftist judges "interpreting" the constitution (AKA making stuff up) have already put everything up for grabs, and have done so for decades. I'd love to quote the Criminal In Chief back to Justice Ginsberg:

"At this point, what difference does it make?"

Anonymous SciVo July 09, 2016 6:32 AM  

What he is, we don't really know, but at least he isn't that.

For me, Trump is a Xanatos candidate: whether he wins or loses, tries or reneges, succeeds or fails, one way or another I win. Either he successfully does what the People want, or he exposes the donor class's death grip on the levers of power.

As Scott Adams says, "The primary goal of government is its own credibility." If it can't even do that, then it can't do anything; so as long as Trump weakens the kayfabe/kabuki of the bifactional ruling class, I don't really care how.

If he successfully implements the will of the People, then great! (Highly unlikely to the point of possibly making me paranoid of some kind of trick if it actually happens, but otherwise great.)

If he loses, reneges, or can't get anything done, more people will notice the fakeness of our democracy, thereby destroying the Empire's last pitiful shreds of credibility -- also great! Fail faster.

Beyond that, I don't care. The edifice is rotten; burn it down.

Anonymous Aaron July 09, 2016 6:38 AM  

No, it's not really a reason to vote for someone because your enemy is afraid of him. Thats bad, emotionally driven thinking. I can understand why it's emotionally satisfying, but it's dangerous thinking.

Its also thinking that's more about power than principle, and as Christians, we should avoid that.

I find it sad how people think voting for one man can have any significant impact. In any country, the power elite is large and spread out and will fight to defend it's power - does anyone really think one man can change that?

Trump will be sidelined, stymied, thwarted, co-opted, even suffer a mysterious accident before the power hungry elite of this country will allow their position to be seriously threatened.

Its naive to think Trump can do anything about that. It also is naive about the kind of person it takes to become an elite in late capitalist society, and what they are capable of, and what it would actually take to pry their clenched hands off the reins of power (much more than mere Trump)

The problem also is that Trump has only lukewarm appeal among good, virtuous people, like myself. I support Trump, but he kind of repels me. Trump is only able to raise a passion among people motivated by hate, and the country isn't in enough of a shambles to have large numbers of such people.

But it seems that in the world we live in, only pathetic shit are passionate enough to fight pathetic shit heads.

What we really need to do is motivate and make passionate good men who can oppose the hatred of the left without themselves becoming pathetic shit heads.

But when things reach such a pass, it's time to call in the towel on our civilization.

Nothing lasts forever, and who knows what the the next turn of wheel in the cycle of the world will bring.

Blogger YIH July 09, 2016 6:42 AM  

We already know what the Lizard Queen would pick, so does Ginsburg. It's why she's waiting it out, she knows 0bama won't be able to replace her with a clone of herself - or an African woman, or another ''wise latina''.
Not sure who Trump will pick to fill the existing vacancy, or the one that will happen in the next 24 months due to Ginsburg's death or retirement due to debility.
It'll be very unlikely it'll be worse than what Hillary would choose... Though they might not be any better that what Shrub chose either. One of which crashed and burned, the other, to put it nicely, less than ideal.

Blogger justaguy July 09, 2016 6:43 AM  

If there is to be any resistance to the way the left is taking the country over a cliff, it will involve a non-leftist supreme court. The Repubs have been too smart for themselves by appointing blank slates so they will not get borked but those justices aren't conservative or bound by any philosophy and drift left.

Trump will at least have the chance put off the total debasement of the court to political apostasy for a generation if he gets several appointments. With Hillary we know that the court will cast aside too many rights of the individual for the good of the people. Giving out a list of possible appointments let the voters know at least where the supreme court will go. Based on the court alone, Trump will be better than Hillary. All of the NeverTrumper's are cutting off their privates over pride. Perhaps fitting.

Blogger Phillip George July 09, 2016 6:44 AM  

put an end to all nine of them with Jury Nullification.

Freeborn men exercising a God given rights to sit in judgement of the laws and chief justices.

It's an old Jewish idea but 10 men, like a jury, constitute a community to make their own law. If every court operated this way the decay could be reversed with no more carnage than the sweep of a pen.

Blogger Human Animal July 09, 2016 6:48 AM  

Oh, one thing we know Trump ain't?

A Cuck.

Cuckservatism is dead and a Trump presidency will be the last nail in its soggy, self-righteous coffin. Oh, that will be a fine day.

Blogger Phillip George July 09, 2016 6:56 AM  

imagine for twenty seconds every man woman and teachable child knew it was their God given right and duty to abrogate at the court level every bad law.

Freedom in twenty seconds

Blogger Stilicho July 09, 2016 7:05 AM  

Phillip, MPAI. Juries are no exception. A jury's verdict will reflect the experience, biases, and morality of its members.

Anonymous Steve July 09, 2016 7:06 AM  

Many years ago, Margaret Thatcher and Keith Joseph identified the problem of the socialist ratchet:

The Left wins an election and implements leftwing policies. Then supposed Conservatives win an election, but are too craven or weak to reverse course. Then the Left gets back in power and continues doing its thing. The result is an ever-tightening ratchet effect. The Left's gains are never seriously challenged, while the Right's meagre gains are constantly up for grabs.

Seems that Trump is the first US politician in decades who might actually roll back the Left, rather than limply accede to it.

No wonder they're terrified.

Blogger Stilicho July 09, 2016 7:12 AM  

Aaron, stop arguing in favor of tactics that have been proven to fail time and again. God does not command you to be "nice". Nor does use of tactics employed by the left make you a leftist.

If you need something to be passionate about, be passionate about your nation, your family, your principles and giving all three a chance to survive (please note as well that a tactic is not a principle).

Anonymous Steve July 09, 2016 7:16 AM  

The problem also is that Trump has only lukewarm appeal among good, virtuous people, like myself.

#virtuebitching

Blogger Mr.MantraMan July 09, 2016 7:20 AM  

B- troll effort

Blogger Rusty Fife July 09, 2016 7:23 AM  

Stilicho wrote:Phillip, MPAI. Juries are no exception. A jury's verdict will reflect the experience, biases, and morality of its members.

This is why juries should be segregated as well; to represent the victim.

Anonymous Be Not Afraid July 09, 2016 7:26 AM  

@11 jury nullification

I was waiting for someone to bring this up. What if one or two people on every jury voted to acquit if, in their opinion, Hillary could get away with it...

Oh, but we live in interesting times.

Blogger YIH July 09, 2016 7:26 AM  

As an aside, personally I'd like to see done with the US Supreme Court what is done with the FL version.
Every five years a FL SC justice has to stand for a retention election (unless, of course, dies or retires). The replacement is chosen much the same way as is done on the as the US SC, Gov nominates, State Senate confirms.

Blogger JACIII July 09, 2016 7:29 AM  

Rusty Fife wrote:Stilicho wrote:Phillip, MPAI. Juries are no exception. A jury's verdict will reflect the experience, biases, and morality of its members.

This is why juries should be segregated as well; to represent the victim.


Depends on your goal, Fife. If it's to get the white guy who shot Dindu Nuffin for breaking into his house at night executed it is a fine plan.

Anonymous Takin' a Look July 09, 2016 7:35 AM  

Ginsberg is getting tired and wishes to slither back to her father in hell.

Blogger dienw July 09, 2016 7:38 AM  

@ 8 one way or another I win.

And just what do you win? The American people, White and Black are being genocided - that includes you: there is a target on the back of every White person in the United States; Dallas was a taste of what is to come starting with the police.

Blogger residentMoron July 09, 2016 7:48 AM  

People arguing that the fear of our enemies is no reason to vote for Trump, leave me with the queasy unease I get from theistic evolutionists; people who want to be seen as decent virtuous Christians but simultaneously want to be seen as intelligent by unbelievers.

One wonders, if they don't vote for Trump, who will they vote for? Their enemies?

Anonymous Aaron July 09, 2016 8:05 AM  

@stillicho

Of course God commands you to be nice, love is God's central command. It doesn't mean you can't fight evil, but it does mean you can't use the tactics of evil to fight evil. You don't use torture just because your enemy does.

Nietszche said that beware looking into the abyss because the abyss looks back in to you, in other words you run the risk of becoming evil if you gaze too long at it.

Stilicho, you are altogether too fixated on tactics and strategy and effectiveness. If you believe in God, you do the right thing and let whatever happens, happen. You yourself note that a tactic is not a principle, i.e it is unprincipled behavior designed to produce a certain outcome. Yet as a Christian, principle matters above all else.

You say I should be passionate about nation, family, and I am, but you make idols of these. Nation and family are great things that everyone should defend, but they are not ultimate ends. Only God is an ultimate end.

If you sacrifice God for tactics, strategy, and ultimate success, you'll be left with nothing. It isnt worth it.

And it just isn't necessary - for instance, one of the few things I agree with Vox is that you should stand firm and not apologize, and I think that's effective. But what does that have to do with being a jerk?

Choosing principle over tactics takes strength, takes discipline, because it resists the all too human desire for worldly success at all costs.

Anonymous Steve July 09, 2016 8:06 AM  

Choosing principle over tactics takes strength, takes discipline, because it resists the all too human desire for worldly success at all costs.

So... fedora or trilby?

Blogger The Deuce July 09, 2016 8:08 AM  

"I don't want to think about that possibility, but if it should be, then everything is up for grabs,"

Including, hopefully, appointing your replacement you evil, ancient hag.

Anonymous SciVo July 09, 2016 8:14 AM  

Steve wrote:Many years ago, Margaret Thatcher and Keith Joseph identified the problem of the socialist ratchet:

Unfreeze, push, refreeze, consolidate. Whenever leftists and cucks start to opine about how changes have gone too far, that isn't regret; that's just the cue for the refreeze step, to shield them while they consolidate their ill-gotten cultural gains.

dienw wrote:And just what do you win?

Schadenfreude -- and when it comes to all those arrogant wannabe tyrants in our ruling class, my thirst for it is bottomless.

(I think you pasted the wrong URL in your link tag.)

Blogger rumpole5 July 09, 2016 8:18 AM  

@" Mark Goldberg Horowitz Cohen" You forgot the ((()))s.

Anonymous Anonymous July 09, 2016 8:21 AM  

She could have retired sooner but did not. I would argue that even though she is a liberal, Obama is not a president she likes or trusts.

Blogger dienw July 09, 2016 8:45 AM  

@ 28 (I think you pasted the wrong URL in your link tag.)
Damnit, you're correct. American genocide

Blogger CM July 09, 2016 8:55 AM  

You say I should be passionate about nation, family, and I am, but you make idols of these. Nation and family are great things that everyone should defend, but they are not ultimate ends. Only God is an ultimate end.

When I read something like this, I get the idea a lot of Christians believe it is our PRINCIPLE to help usher in the End of Time so Jesus will return faster.

Your PRINCIPLES should be helping your neighbor in a way that facilitates his salvation. Who is your neighbor? The men and women you pass in the street or come across daily. Your political attempts to Compassionate Socialist Conservatism do not help the soul, but encourage it in bitterness and unforgiveness while continuing to jeopardize the safety of the people around you. STOP IT.

These principles are not the same when it comes to choosing government or rulers. God made it clear we gave up the right to virtuous leaders when we chose Kings over God. The Principles of protecting family and home trump "niceness" in the political arena.

Anonymous BGKB July 09, 2016 9:08 AM  

Ruth Bader Ginsburg believes "everything" will be up for grabs if Donald Trump is elected president

Ginsburg found dead with pill0ow over her head, just like Scalia no autopsy needed.

The Repubs have been too smart for themselves by appointing blank slates so they will not get borked

Liberals are willing to appoint far left affirmative action latrinas with the cucks help.

This is why juries should be segregated as well; to represent the victim.

Jury of peers, do you know how hard it will be to get 12 Crip child sex offenders to show up to jury duty. Detroit is almost entirely black but often has all white juries because of the can't be a felon on jury duty rule.

Its naive to think Trump can do anything about that.

If he doesn't do it he will rip off the mask of the (((lizard people))) on his way down.

Blogger Cecil Henry July 09, 2016 9:12 AM  

A supreme court (((judge))) with an unabashed political agenda.

A clear example of an illegitimate judge.

Anonymous CTHat July 09, 2016 9:29 AM  

Another, more practical, reason the Left and the cucks are terrified of Trump - he's openly stated he wants to audit and reform the tax structure of non-profit slush funds and tax shelters.

That's why NRO is in a blaze about him - Cernovich has a nice breakdown of these guys' salaries - they don't want their moneypit to end.

Of course, I agree with all the more symbolic and nationalist reasons to be pro-Trump. But part of it is definitely that the Left doesn't want their free money train, built on the backs of the serfs, to end.

Blogger James Dixon July 09, 2016 9:34 AM  

> A jury's verdict will reflect the experience, biases, and morality of its members.

And if the judge doesn't like the verdict they reach, he'll simply rule a mistrial and seat a new jury.

> Dallas was a taste of what is to come starting with the police.

The police are the biggest obstacle to fixing our problems, since most of the solutions are currently illegal. Once they're taken out, what will stop people from implementing those solutions?

Blogger Chris Jackson July 09, 2016 9:37 AM  

The classic "if the left is shrieking, you're doing something correctly" notion.

Blogger Chris Jackson July 09, 2016 9:37 AM  

The classic "if the left is shrieking, you're doing something correctly" notion.

Anonymous Elton Esquire July 09, 2016 9:38 AM  

Whoever gets in office next, it will be fascinating. Ginsburg retires probably by June, no matter what. That's 2 appointments in the next presidents 1st year. But here's the kicker...I think Kennedy has swung left not just in the last term (obviously), but for good. And I don't think he he can easily swing back to he right. He's not the kind of guy who has EVER liked being part of a wing.

Bottom Line: if the hearings for replacements of Ginsburg and Scalia go smoothly and to Kennedy's satisfaction (meaning relatively respectful), he'll retire after the 2017 fall term.

In other words, the Court is about to swing massively left or right.

Anonymous Godfrey July 09, 2016 9:51 AM  

Everything is up for grabs already.

The "Supreme Court" is illegitimate. The imperial soviet government in DC is illegitimate.

We need EXIT everywhere.

Anonymous Eric the Red July 09, 2016 9:58 AM  

The leftist ratchet is built into the philosophy, which is why it's often called progressivism. Conversely, traditionlists must always be on their guard, and always playing defense. Too bad there's not a built-in way for trads to do search and destroy...

Blogger residentMoron July 09, 2016 10:09 AM  

No, Christians are NOT commanded to be nice, we're commanded to be GOOD!

Revealing that you think they're the same thing, but they're not. It is the duty of the strong to defend the weak; first your wife, then your family, church, and nation

Was rhe Flood "nice"?

Anonymous Rolf July 09, 2016 10:13 AM  

I'm OK with that.

It may well be that everything will be up for grab under a President Trump. But that would be better than everything being up for sale as it would be under a President Clinton. The average man can grab, but isn't rich enough to buy their way to influence.

Blogger Phil Mann July 09, 2016 10:21 AM  

A reliably exploitable weakness of left wing leaders is their total unwillingness to relinquish power, no matter what the cost. We are seeing that here with Ginsburg, Breyer and probably Kennedy as well.

Had they accepted that they, too, must go the way of all flesh and retired at any time up to about a year ago, Obama could have named their replacements and the reliably compliant Republicans would have confirmed them. Today, however, it is too late for that (and the Republicans have surprisingly shown a bit of backbone). The truth is starting to sink in that maybe someone other than a globalist-approved president might name their replacements. That is what the Honorable Ruth is lamenting here. And I am enjoying watching her squirm.

Anonymous A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents July 09, 2016 10:24 AM  

The GOPe has sought justices that can’t be borked. However they haven’t bothered to look for justices that can’t be blackmailed. The result? John Roberts, who was unborkable, and who clearly has something in his closet he’s desperate to hide.

If Trump gets to appoint justices, his team will need to know everything, everything, in the background in order to avoid a repeat of the Roberts situation. If that means going over some so-called superstar circuit judges to pick the obscure, so be it.

And no more Tony Kennedy “poetic" types, either.

Anonymous Aaron July 09, 2016 10:24 AM  

@cm

I don't know where you get the idea that anything you do to defend your family and nation is OK. These are not ultimate values, though they are important. Success and effectiveness also aren't ultimate values.

Nothing good can come from evil. Evil tactics are always short termist.

It is entirely possible, even necessary, to fight evil without becoming evil.

There is no need to adopt non-Christian tactics - and in the case of Vox, satanic imagery - because they are "effective".

If memory serves, many Christians chose death over survival. Survival, and certainly worldly effectiveness, are not ultimate Christian values.

Fight, and fight hard -but dont forget, you're not a pagan, you are a New Man.

@resident moron

Nice can mean many things, and some of what is meant by nice I abhor.

But some basic kind of principled conduct, some kind of pure niceness, is basic to being a Christian.

If you don't like nice, try being a pagan, or a Muslim.

Anonymous Godfrey July 09, 2016 10:41 AM  

@40
Throughout history the vast majority of mankind has always been slaves, serfs or indentured servants. That's what the elites and their useful idiot Leftists have going for them. However their has been and always will be opposition.

Blogger BunE22 July 09, 2016 10:44 AM  

The 83-year-old justice, who belongs to the court's liberal wing, said it's "likely that the next president, whoever she will be, will have a few appointments to make."

Whoever she will be. She.

Anonymous Godfrey July 09, 2016 10:44 AM  

We live under an oppressive Far Left government. Ginsburg is just the most obvious of the plentiful evidence.

EXIT is the answer.

Anonymous Godfrey July 09, 2016 10:47 AM  

@46
Yes, 83, staring death in the face, and still a political fanatic. Time makes us all older, but only few any wiser.

Anonymous coyote July 09, 2016 10:54 AM  

"But some basic kind of principled conduct, some kind of pure niceness, is basic to being a Christian. If you don't like nice, try being a pagan, or a Muslim." Aaron- obvious you cannot be reached, the cuck has gone too deep, you have embraced the suicide martyr myth. There must be some evolutionary thing going on in uber-altruistic whites to instill a death wish over continuation of the race; those genes are a dead end species wise. "Nice" is sunday school stupid; look at the smiling faces of the jihadis holding the heads of their enemies- they feel really "nice" according to their deeply held beliefs, doing good for their tribe. As a crusader, I want to be "nice" for my tribe.

Blogger Raziel Walker July 09, 2016 11:16 AM  

As someone said: Both Trump and Hillary are running against the only candidate they could ever hope to win from. It is beyond belief what Hillary can get away with.

Anonymous BGKB July 09, 2016 11:21 AM  

A supreme court (((judge))) with an unabashed political agenda.A clear example of an illegitimate judge.

Maybe TRUMP can impeach the judges that performed gay marriages then didn't recuse themselves from the gay wedding ruling.

The result? John Roberts, who was unborkable, and who clearly has something in his closet he’s desperate to hide.

What if it was the NSA snooping that found it instead of pics from Epstein Island?

Blogger Snidely Whiplash July 09, 2016 11:37 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Anonymous Aaron July 09, 2016 11:52 AM  

@coyote

The dichotomies you are drawing are too stark. Nowhere did I say you have to lay down and die, or that you can't fight hard.

Defense of tribe, defense of your race, for a Christian, is not an ultimate value.

It can be for a pagan, or even a modern secular darwinian race realist. But not a christian.

Obviously, those beheading Muslims are not nice, but a good analogy would be - since beheading innocent captives is ""effective", is good tactics, let us, as good Christians, do it. Or burn people in cages. Hey, it's good tactics. You want to win, don't you?

First of all, using your enemies tactics like that are not the only way to defeat him, and anyone trying to sell you that is just an unprincipled operator.

However, if it was, you don't do it, if you are a Christian, because eternal things are more important than temporal things like success.

Might I remind you that during those ages when Europe at least tried to live up to Christian values there was plenty of motivation for self defense and to build a flourishing civilization.

Now you seek to recapture motivation by returning to pagan values like hate and aggresion, and I am not saying hate is not a powerful source of motivation. It is.

Today, in our post Christian world, hate seems to be the only force that really motivates people, either on the left or the right.

The left, not being Christians, I understand, but there is another powerful source of motivation that has historically been very powerful building and defending civilization, and that is Christian love.

That would mean fighting the left, but not being like the left.

People on this blog use Alinsky tactics - which are deeply evil - against the left, because the left does it.

By doing so, you rally to your banner those whom hate motivates most, and while they are a power, they are rarely the best people, and no long term solution can be built on that basis.

Blogger collisioncat67 July 09, 2016 11:58 AM  

Cucks and churchians have been playing "nice" with the enemy for millenia and how has that worked out?
Abortion mills continue to grind away practically unimpeded. Nice churchians consider it a victory if there is a few less abortions this year then last.
Two people of the same gender can now be legally married and if your business doesn't cater to these abominations then the state will destroy your business and you personally.
America hating savages and barbarians continue to pour into the country and are hell bent on destrying her from the inside;
all with the blessing of the left (..and by extension the Republicucks).

Jesus said that He didn't come to bring peace but rather the sword.

Blogger dienw July 09, 2016 12:22 PM  

"But some basic kind of principled conduct, some kind of pure niceness, is basic to being a Christian."

No, Christianity properly understood is not a "nice" religion.

Blogger Teri July 09, 2016 12:24 PM  

Yeah love the way you virtue signal "he's not my kind".

Blogger Were-Puppy July 09, 2016 12:28 PM  

"The 83-year-old justice,"

There should be some kind of vote of confidence once these geezers get to a certain age. If they fail, then off they go to the glue factory.

Anonymous Aaron July 09, 2016 12:29 PM  

@collisioncat67

So why not bring the sword of the Gospel?

In that phrase you quote, Jesus says that confessing Christ will not bring peace, but division and discord, as members of your own family will revile and hate you. He likens Christian love to a sword.

If you preach Christian love men of the world, including some in your own family, will always hate you. The gospel of love is radical and divisive. It does not bring peace on earth. Worldly men will hate you, as we see today, and as we see on this blog.

I was utterly reviled on this blog for refusing to "nicely" go along with Vox's values. I brought a sword, not peace.

But are you bringing the sword of the Gospel?

In fact I am exactly recommending that you bring the sword of Christian love, which inspires hate in worldly men.

I am all on board for that kind of not being "nice" - i.e not "nicely" going along with the sleazy values of the world.

But you are not bringing the sword of Christian love, but rather the sword of worldly values.

Whete does it say we can adopt and use worldly valyes so long as it brings "success"?

Anonymous Steve July 09, 2016 12:31 PM  

Aaron - I think it was Kierkegaard who said: "You talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded."

Blogger Were-Puppy July 09, 2016 12:32 PM  

@9 YIH

Not sure who Trump will pick to fill the existing vacancy, or the one that will happen in the next 24 months due to Ginsburg's death or retirement due to debility.
---

The Supreme Court is such a crapshoot anyway.
What if Trump didn't put forth anyone for a couple years, and more than half of them die off or retire?

Then there would have to be confirmations, which the dems love to stall.

Blogger Edward Isaacs July 09, 2016 12:33 PM  

Aaron,

You say that Trump is only able to raise a passion among people motivated by hate. I think you are wrong about this. Racial pride is not hate; the prospect of a better economy is not hate; the desire to keep third-worlders who vote with liberals 70-80% of the time out of your nation is not hate; admiration for a strong leader of men is not hate; I could go on. These are all much more important factors than hate in creating support for Trump. What can you say to convince me that hate is the main or even a major cause of support for Trump?

You say that Trump cannot change anything, because the power elite will play too dirty and they are too powerful. This is an a priori argument you are making, and you have given no evidence for it. Concrete measures that Trump has proposed, such as securing the border and negotiating trade deals to protect American manufacturing, are well within the powers of the president to accomplish. And one of Trump's chief selling points is that he is a world-class dealmaker, so he argues that he will be able to accomplish much more. You have given no reason to doubt Trump's ability to accomplish useful changes. You have merely appealed to foggy intuitive notions about 'all those evil capitalists rotten with power'. It reminds me of the sort of apocalyptic, paranoid, persecutionist type of mindset I remember from my days attending a tiny Southern Baptist church in grade school. Why should anyone accept your version of things?

You say Alinsky tactics are evil. Can you give some specific examples? You mentioned Vox's use of "satanic imagery" - I assume in reference to his title The Supreme Dark Lord of the Evil Legion of Evil - but what other tactics, specifically, are you referring to? Complaining about evil tactics in the abstract, without naming specific ones that in your judgment cross the moral barrier, makes you sound as if you are neglecting to make the kind of proper distinctions necessary for sound moral reasoning.

Blogger Doom July 09, 2016 12:33 PM  

You know, I am for Trump. But only for the border. I believe he will, otherwise, and maybe even on that, be pretty typically dem. I'm honestly not sure why they fear. He is, mostly, on their side. Socially, politically, economically. Probably even regarding the border, in most ways... just less so, on that minor issue, than most.

I honest to God wish Trump was a thousandth the monster (to libs) that they dream. I wonder how many realize that, and are just using the buildup to crush conservative, free-minded folk, once and for all... sort of like the hit the Hillary debacle wrought. It's killing faith in... everything, anything.

Still, Trump, if he does that one thing, and honestly... closing the border... he buys a chance. That's... it. The rest of what he does will most likely be ruinous. A Jimmy Reagan, Or George Clinton, more on the left than not.

I could be wrong. I doubt it.

Blogger Were-Puppy July 09, 2016 12:35 PM  

@15 Steve
Seems that Trump is the first US politician in decades who might actually roll back the Left, rather than limply accede to it.

No wonder they're terrified.
---

That same thing was said about Reagan and the containment of the Soviets. He was talking about rolling them back and ancient 1980s lefties were crappin bricks over it.

Blogger Were-Puppy July 09, 2016 12:47 PM  

@35 James Dixon
The police are the biggest obstacle to fixing our problems, since most of the solutions are currently illegal. Once they're taken out, what will stop people from implementing those solutions?
---

It was interesting when Vox brought this topic up yesterday.

I wandered by Infowars, and there was a great example of what he was describing. They sent some reporters down to the border in Texas. It's really worth checking out.

Some border patrol whistle blowers tipped them something is going on. They encounter something like four different type of "police" there. And they are hassled, lied to, have their cameras and guns illegally confiscated.

All the while, illegals are marching through with no repercussions.

Blogger Salt July 09, 2016 12:50 PM  

Trump's a hand grenade in the corrupt political arena. Pull the pin.

Blogger praetorian July 09, 2016 1:03 PM  

Trump might appoint a conservative protestant fucking white male the court.

Racist antidemocratic rape!

Blogger Lett Gou July 09, 2016 1:12 PM  

OT: Kukuruyo is soliciting opinions on what to do with his GamerGate Life series. some Ilk might want to chime in...

http://kukuruyo.com/2016/07/09/gamergate-life-future-options/

Blogger Robert Divinity July 09, 2016 1:22 PM  

"Trump isn't a Good Republican like Chief Justice Roberts, who will fall in line when the global elite snaps its fingers."

Best. Endorsement. Evah.

Anonymous Jack Amok July 09, 2016 1:33 PM  

Wrong choir, Aaron. I'm not sure where the Churchians are meeting today, but it ain't here.

Steve, I say Trilby. Looks like it would stay on better while he's spreading the other cheeks.

Blogger Robert Divinity July 09, 2016 1:37 PM  

"I was waiting for someone to bring this up. What if one or two people on every jury voted to acquit if, in their opinion, Hillary could get away with it...

"Oh, but we live in interesting times."

It pretty well is the duty and obligation of all us to perjure ourselves to get on juries and acquit white males of most property and even some violent crimes. Comey threw down the gauntlet this week, so it is time to disabuse ourselves of the notion we are obligated to do anything other than protect our own. The only justice that can be achieved is by our own hand by any means necessary.

Blogger Robert Divinity July 09, 2016 1:46 PM  

Aaron, for whatever reason I cannot read your comment but pretty well can surmise the contents. You think Jesus is coming and want to be pure and good. Let me tell you who I know for a fact is coming: the government, and you and your family are targeted for genocide. If you and your family want to see Jesus if he comes in your lifetime, or even to have a lifetime to wait for that magical moment, you damned well better not only vote for Trump but work to see he wins. The only possible moral outcome of this election is his victory. If that doesn't happen, you will be in an earthly Hell. Don't be complicit in that evil.

Blogger CM July 09, 2016 3:18 PM  

If you preach Christian love men of the world, including some in your own family, will always hate you. The gospel of love is radical and divisive. It does not bring peace on earth. Worldly men will hate you, as we see today, and as we see on this blog.

This is undoubtedly useless, but whatever. Concern Troll will troll.

Accepting Christ involves a change in attitude and perspective. Suddenly, things that made no sense before will become clearer while others get more confusing. Like family.

Approaching your family and saying "you are a sinner" is NOT "nice". One man left his church for teaching homosexuality is a sin because he only had one son. He chose his son over Christ.

Why do we care? That Christ is not glorified? I believe God said even if we don't glorify him, the rocks would cry out his praises. What is wrong with this "niceness" is that it condemns his son and prevents him from finding peace in Christ's forgiveness. No Gospel, no peace.

Even if our family rejects Christ, we do not abandon them. Rather we seek to share the Gospel with them in every way possible because we love them. Not so much that we abandon God's Truth, but enough to desire PROTECTING their lives so they have the opportunity to find peace in Christ.

This is my burden towards my neighbor - to teach the gospel. If Muslims need the gospel, I do not put my unsaved neighbor at risk by "accidentally" importing people that want to murder them. I GO TO THE MUSLIM AND PUT MYSELF AT RISK. I protect my family and neighbors by not encouraging dyscivic policies that harm them. This may not be "nice" to the muslim who is not a terrorist, but it is RIGHT.

Peter says that a man who does not care for his family is worse than an unbeliever. If you would jeopardize their safety for the sake of being nice to other non-christians, you are no christian.

Blogger Cail Corishev July 09, 2016 3:22 PM  

Maybe all the leftists who are freaking out about Trump recognize something about him that Nice Conservatives don't.

Blogger haus frau July 09, 2016 3:23 PM  

Jesus didn't tell his disciples to sell their cloaks to buy swords because he wanted them to be "nice". You remind me of Christians I've heard say they would never keep a gun in their home because violence is wrong and if a criminal breaks in and harms them then it's God's will. You and those Christians must worship a different God than we do, one who hates his followers.

Anonymous LastRedoubt July 09, 2016 3:35 PM  

@72

Amazing how many churchians out there think Christians are supposed to be "nice" and that Jesus never condoned anger or violence.

Blogger The Remnant July 09, 2016 4:13 PM  

Everything is already up for grabs because of idiots like her, who decided to make up the law of land from one day to the next rather than allow Americans to use the amendment process. All bets are off now. If the rules don't matter, then you're not the only one who gets to ignore them.

Anonymous Mr. Rational July 10, 2016 1:11 AM  

Rusty Fife wrote:This is why juries should be segregated as well; to represent the victim.
Absolutely not.  That is how you get gross miscarriages of justice like the murder conviction of Theodore Wafer.  If you want actual justice, you cannot allow minority tribes to sit on juries for inter-tribe disputes.

JACIII wrote:Depends on your goal, Fife. If it's to get the white guy who shot Dindu Nuffin for breaking into his house at night executed it is a fine plan.
Or sent to the frozen north for the rest of his life.

Blogger JACIII July 10, 2016 7:17 AM  

Rusty Fife wrote:Stilicho wrote:Phillip, MPAI. Juries are no exception. A jury's verdict will reflect the experience, biases, and morality of its members.

This is why juries should be segregated as well; to represent the victim.


Depends on your goal, Fife. If it's to get the white guy who shot Dindu Nuffin for breaking into his house at night executed it is a fine plan.

Anonymous S E Delenda July 10, 2016 11:22 AM  

More clear evidence that the judiciary is comprised of politically motivated actors who lack the impartiality that supposedly justifies their lifetime of unaccountability.

Blogger residentMoron July 13, 2016 6:53 AM  

You didn't answer the question, Aaron.

Quelle surprise.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts