ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2016 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Cucks gonna cuck

Remember, these people actually think they are virtue-signaling their superior morality:
A North Carolina woman has admitted to committing sex crimes involving a 14-year-old boy who her family was in the process of adopting from the Philippines.

Christy Lynn Jaski, 43, of Wilmington, pleaded guilty Tuesday to three counts of misdemeanor sexual battery. She was sentenced to three years of probation, and as part of her punishment she must also register as a sex offender for 30 years.

Prosecutor Lance Oehrlein says Jaski kissed and groped the Filipino sometime between December 2014 and January 2015. Oehrlein says Jaski also sent messages to a friend in the Philippines admitting she had kissed the child, whom she called 'her son.'
I suspect the aftermath of the new Churchian enthusiasm for interracial adoption is going to be cataclysmic. One of the key advantages of close family ties, both social and genetic, is that they naturally inhibit incest. You can call an alien your son, your daughter, your brother, or your sister, but that natural inhibition is simply not going to be as strong.

And yes, they're Churchian cuckservatives: "Devout: Jaski's husband works for a non-profit devoted to promoting Christianity on college campuses around the country"

Yes, I'm sure this is just the sort of promotion that Christianity needs. Someone needs to explain to these virtue-signaling cretins that importing foreigners to have sex with your wife is neither evangelizing nor sharing the love of Christ.

If I was a college student, the only thing Jaski's efforts would have is to convince me to worship Loki.

Labels: , ,

166 Comments:

Blogger Azimus August 10, 2016 1:08 PM  

Why is it whenever I read a story about a female criminal, I go google her picture? Is there something wrong with me?

Anonymous Sam the Man August 10, 2016 1:09 PM  

Loki,



that is funny.


Blogger Dave August 10, 2016 1:10 PM  

Christy Lynn stripper name; no way this is an isolated incident in that marriage.

Anonymous andon August 10, 2016 1:14 PM  

what a skunk

Blogger Dave August 10, 2016 1:16 PM  

Duterte recommended the death penalty.

Blogger Leo Little Book in Shenzhen August 10, 2016 1:18 PM  

Churchian outreach to the Philippenis.

Blogger Robert Divinity August 10, 2016 1:19 PM  

Christy Lynn stripper name; no way this is an isolated incident in that marriage.

Absolutely not, particularly when you consider

has four daughters between the ages 11 and 18, two of whom were adopted from China

You know Christy Lynn has eaten some take out, too.

I wonder if Christly Lynn's Christian adoption agency has the proper pimping license. So she has been interested in adoption for years? I think Romans did something similar near their end. Cucks and SJWs are sick fucks.

Blogger Dave August 10, 2016 1:22 PM  

Churchian outreach to the Philippenis.

Many find the Phillipino adoption process to be long and hard.

Anonymous Dyskord August 10, 2016 1:23 PM  

I think she got confused by by the term missionary.

Blogger Nate August 10, 2016 1:24 PM  

"If I was a college student, the only thing Jaski's efforts would have is to convince me to worship Loki."

ok but in your late teens that probably wouldn't have been a very high bar.

Blogger dc.sunsets August 10, 2016 1:27 PM  

I think the Churchians will eventually call this the Woody Allen sin.

Anonymous BGKB August 10, 2016 1:27 PM  

Social workers now try to put boys who have been abused by women into gay households, so there is no women to make them feel threatened.

Blogger Barry Dickinson, MD August 10, 2016 1:28 PM  

has four daughters between the ages 11 and 18, two of whom were adopted from China

You know Christy Lynn has eaten some take out, too.


Doubt the husband was just watching.

Anonymous Steve August 10, 2016 1:30 PM  

Loki is my favourite among the Aesir too.

Not so much the comic book movie version, though I think Tom Hiddlestone does a fine job, but the one from Roger Lancelyn Green's MYTHS OF THE NORSEMEN. Comic book Loki is about poorly thought-out schemes for world domination. Classic Loki is in it for the lulz.

Loki's a deity I can relate to, and if I had kids like Fenris wolf, Hel, and the Midgard Serpent I wouldn't pay child support either.

Blogger Dave August 10, 2016 1:32 PM  

It's Wulf, man. Get it right.

Blogger Were-Puppy August 10, 2016 1:32 PM  

If I was a college student, the only thing Jaski's efforts would have is to convince me to worship Loki.
---

Are you trolling those of us who really want to know woh wrote Lokis Child?

Anonymous ThirdMonkey August 10, 2016 1:33 PM  

The worst offenders of race cucking are those in "ministry". Our youth "pastor" adopted an infant from the Philippines, and they have to have an extra body in Sunday School just for him and is wild antics. He's 4. His other siblings, who are their biological kids, are well-behaved, and a little traumatized. Our previous associate pastor adopted a little niglet at birth. She's on her second round of 1st grade. We've had several well-meaning families take in sibling foster kids with the intent of adoption, only to abruptly take them back to child services after their biological kids have suffered some type of trauma.

The only way I would adopt is after my own kids are grown and gone, and of the same race. Even in that instance, there's about a 75% chance the kids will turn bad on us.

Why are churchians falling over themselves to love on the hindus and dindus at the expense of ignoring their own? Virtue signaling at its worst.

Blogger Were-Puppy August 10, 2016 1:34 PM  

These Churchians - wouldn't this also classify under Pedos?

Anonymous Steve August 10, 2016 1:38 PM  

Dave - I've heard it both ways.

Blogger Justin C August 10, 2016 1:38 PM  

What percentage of the white population do you think this cuck virtue signaling comes from? Part of me things we have better odds wishing for a cataclysmic event to wipe most of us out because so many whites are to brainwashed to be any use even if we had deportations and closed borders. I despair.

Anonymous TS August 10, 2016 1:40 PM  

-MT(mixed topics) The irony is that ALOT of Flips are sociopaths.

Anonymous TLM August 10, 2016 1:42 PM  

I became a Christian at the end of the Russian baby adoption phase. This was followed in the mid-2000s by the Chinese girl phase. And now we are still in the African booty scratcher adoption phase. It baffles me. And if you really want to put a shiv in their virtue signaling start a conversation with them and then flat out ask them why they didn't just adopt an American black baby. It brings their 'inner racism' to the surface. If they adopt a US born black baby it can be mistaken for just another case of mud-sharking, but a real life African black baby gives the status boost and removes the coal burning shame.

Anonymous Be Not Afraid August 10, 2016 1:43 PM  

"...(I)mporting foreigners to have sex with your wife is neither evangelizing nor sharing the love of Christ."

But, Vox, what was she supposed to do while her husband was off "promoting Christianity on college campuses around the country?" Surely you know she has needz and feelz. Why, she's practically a victim here.

Between this and wives who go on mission trips to get serviced by the locals, looks like a lot of churches aren't safe for married men these days.

Anonymous Steve August 10, 2016 1:46 PM  

Why don't these weird churchy types leave the Philippines alone anyway? Filipinos are already Christian.

Anonymous VFM #6306 August 10, 2016 1:46 PM  

I adopt you long time.

Blogger Gaiseric August 10, 2016 1:47 PM  

@22: Not to defend the concept, but uh... not all black adopting Christians are like that. Our country in its infinite wisdom has made it more and more difficult to adopt local home-grown orphans from a bureaucratic and legal standpoint. Not all who adopt aliens do so because they're virtue signaling; some do so because its the only way that they can adopt anyone at all without going through unreasonable legal hoops to do so.

But of course, that doesn't detract from the point being made, so carry on...

Blogger Dave August 10, 2016 1:50 PM  

Just saying; "Wulf" in anticipation of CH releasing Loki's Child

Anonymous Baltar August 10, 2016 1:51 PM  

"What percentage of the white population do you think this cuck virtue signaling comes from?"

It's part of our DNA. When virtue signaling revolved around transmitting bourgeois values, it was actually a good thing. The problem is what people consider to be a virtue now. Mindless, pretend do-gooder, SJW crap.

Blogger Matamoros August 10, 2016 1:54 PM  

I think the Churchians will eventually call this the Woody Allen sin.

Maybe the Missionary Supposition ?

Blogger Matamoros August 10, 2016 1:57 PM  

21 -MT(mixed topics) The irony is that ALOT of Flips are sociopaths.

Reminds me of Henry Makow's story - A Long Way to Go for A Date - where she turned out to be a psychopath

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 10, 2016 1:58 PM  

Steve wrote:Why don't these weird churchy types leave the Philippines alone anyway? Filipinos are already Christian.
Because to an awful lot of Protestants, Catholics don't count.
And besides, it makes them feel good to go to a very poor country and buy converts. Actually doing something to help, well, that's not really in their wheelhouse, now is it?

Blogger Austin Ballast August 10, 2016 2:04 PM  

I have no idea what the exact facts are in this situation, but watch that you don't believe all accusations by adopted children. Mine made up some whoppers that many took hook line and sinker.

We took a sibling group out of the foster care system and were perfect until the accusations flowed (from the kids) then we were scum. They returned to their whacked out birth family where stuff like the OP is commonplace in the extended family (within others in the family).

Being stuck in foster care sucks, but I wouldn't recommend anyone adopt from the system. Too easy to find yourself in the crosshairs of false charges, especially if you don't let teenagers behave like the world.

Anonymous VFM #6306 August 10, 2016 2:05 PM  

Jaski has been interested in adoption from the time she was young girl.

You see Christy, when a man and a woman love each other very much, they do something special together. It's called "adoption."

Blogger VFM #7634 August 10, 2016 2:06 PM  

Our country in its infinite wisdom has made it more and more difficult to adopt local home-grown orphans from a bureaucratic and legal standpoint. Not all who adopt aliens do so because they're virtue signaling; some do so because its the only way that they can adopt anyone at all without going through unreasonable legal hoops to do so.

@26 Gaiseric
I consider ANY adoption to be a form of virtue-signaling these days, unless the kid is white American. People are always talking about how expensive it is to have their own kids, and yet they shell out thousands of extra dollars for a dindu or slope, many of whom have "special needs".

In the olden days, people would adopt if they couldn't have their own kids, and it would be a local orphan of the same race as the parents. But that isn't the most common situation these days.

Virtue-signaling is a sin (Pharisee and publican), and yet these adopting twits purport to be Christian. /smh

Blogger tz August 10, 2016 2:06 PM  

Churchians and cuckservatives are about virtue signalling, sometimes even worse than the SJWs. Just like bringing a refugee is at least 10x the cost of helping them there. The cost of adopting someone from the 3rd world would be enough to fix a half dozen serious, even deadly problems from the village they came from.

In the Revisionist History podcast, one episode was about a billionaire who gave to a small technical college that made an enormous difference. Other billionaires followed up by giving to colleges with huge endowments like Stanford and Harvard that didn't need any more money.

They don't ask how to be the most effective in the real world, they ask what will give them the do-gooder tingles.

"But didn't we prophesy and drive out demons in your name?" Jesus replied, paraphrasing, "Go to hell, I never knew you".

Anonymous Peter Blood August 10, 2016 2:07 PM  

#LoveWins again!

Blogger VFM #7634 August 10, 2016 2:08 PM  

You see Christy, when a man and a woman love each other very much, they do something special together. It's called "adoption."

@33 VFM #6306
Yeah, maybe they're adopting because the husband has so low T that he can't get it up. Might explain a few things about the wife, too.

Blogger Xmas August 10, 2016 2:09 PM  

Azimus,

Why go through that effort, the Interested-Participant blog does that for you. The "Woman with Troubles" tag has all those criminals.

Blogger Wrangler August 10, 2016 2:12 PM  

VD, what are your thoughts on this: https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/when-god-sends-your-white-daughter-a-black-husband. Despite following the churchian narrative, most all the comments criticize her for her racist "white privilege".

Blogger Dexter August 10, 2016 2:13 PM  

the only thing Jaski's efforts would have is to convince me to worship Loki.

Did he get banned or just quit coming here?

Perfect opportunity for him to chime in with his "in the end all shall kneel" shtick.

Anonymous VFM #6306 August 10, 2016 2:14 PM  

Today, it's more like, "Didn't we whore our wives and molest children in Your holy brand name?"

These "missionaries" are Whores of Babble On.

Annie Lennox was right. Don't mess with the missionary man.

Blogger tz August 10, 2016 2:15 PM  

@34 exactly, agreed.

But the state (both feds and states) are involved, google "medical kidnap". If you become a foster parent and can get the feds to pay for care, vaccines, food, etc. you are golden for the state as the social workers get paid.

Normally there are (even with the barrenness today) relatives that could raise children who are orphaned. Or the will can specify friends. But the Foster-care industrial complex rules that.

So couples that wish to adopt, if they don't find a crisis pregnancy center to make a private arrangement, they have to look elsewhere.

But it is the pharisee that must selfishly adopt someone no matter the prudence of doing so.

Blogger Dexter August 10, 2016 2:17 PM  

"When God sends your white daughter a black husband"

Cue footage of Nancy Kerrigan wailing "Why, God, why?"

Cue footage of Lethal Weapon 1, Murtaugh says "God hates me, that's what it is" and Riggs replies, "Hate him back. Works for me."

Blogger Dexter August 10, 2016 2:21 PM  

You see Christy, when a man and a woman love each other very much, they do something special together. It's called "adoption."

Depends on the age but might also be loss-of-fertility crazy. Friend of mine had four kids, but then his wife suddenly decided in her mid 40s that "it is our Christian Duty to adopt two girls from China." So the poor guy resignedly went through all that and now he's on the hook to put two more kids through college.

Blogger Sam Lively August 10, 2016 2:29 PM  

Ru-Fi-O!

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 10, 2016 2:31 PM  

Austin Ballast wrote:I wouldn't recommend anyone adopt from the system. Too easy to find yourself in the crosshairs of false charges, especially if you don't let teenagers behave like the world.
I know a man who spent a year in jail on false charges, that the judge, the social worker and the prosecutor all knew were false, that the accuser even admitted in deposition were false, because the gung-ho female prosecutor thought she could get a conviction. He pled nolo contendere with a 1-year sentence rather than face the possibility of 20 years in pokey.
All so the little whore could go live with her momma and fuck ALL the boys.
She's a drug addict and a prostitute now, and doesn't understand why her younger siblings won't talk to her.

NEVER adopt out of the foster system.

Blogger tz August 10, 2016 2:33 PM  

Detail on the "black husband":
This white, 53-year-old mother hadn’t counted on God sending an African American with dreads named Glenn.

53?! Are we talking Sarah, St. Elizabeth, or St. Anne here? Gold Cougar, meet black panther.

Note to self: Somewhere in the canon there has to be a saint of Chaos (think dungeons and dragons "chaotic good" - the were Bear from the Hobbit as an example) corresponding to Loki. I need to start daily devotions to him.

Blogger Sam Lively August 10, 2016 2:36 PM  

@34

I don't know why we have to bash all adoptions just because some obnoxious people use it to amp their virtue signal (or spice up their sex lives).


Blogger tz August 10, 2016 2:37 PM  

Somehow virtue signalling has gotten to the point where men seem to actually want to bear a new life.

The scene from the original "Alien" comes to mind with multiple levels of irony.

Blogger FrankNorman August 10, 2016 2:38 PM  

Yes, I'm sure this is just the sort of promotion that Christianity needs. Someone needs to explain to these virtue-signaling cretins that importing foreigners to have sex with your wife is neither evangelizing nor sharing the love of Christ.

If I was a college student, the only thing Jaski's efforts would have is to convince me to worship Loki.


Maybe that's the idea?
We know the leftist crowd want to de-Christianize the West - to the extent that they're willing to commit genocide to do it. If they could simply turn the younger generations away by painting Christianity as something incompatible with sanity? They would jump on it.

Blogger SemiSpook37 August 10, 2016 2:41 PM  

Dexter wrote:You see Christy, when a man and a woman love each other very much, they do something special together. It's called "adoption."

Depends on the age but might also be loss-of-fertility crazy. Friend of mine had four kids, but then his wife suddenly decided in her mid 40s that "it is our Christian Duty to adopt two girls from China." So the poor guy resignedly went through all that and now he's on the hook to put two more kids through college.


We have two, have had discussions about a third, and we've decided that it's not worth the trouble. Even with my income now, it's barely enough to get by. We would be better served in a different area of the country, but the wife has been rather open about her comfort of doing that, both for her sake and the sake of the children.

I'm just trying to maximize my income flows. I think trying to find a place that I can maintain my primary income and lower my cost of living isn't too much to ask for, now is it?

We've also discussed the adoption angle, but some of the anecdotes here are really turning me off to the idea.

Blogger SemiSpook37 August 10, 2016 2:42 PM  

Sam Lively wrote:@34

I don't know why we have to bash all adoptions just because some obnoxious people use it to amp their virtue signal (or spice up their sex lives).



Because those are precisely the idiots that ruin it for the rest of us that actually attempt to be decent human beings.

Blogger Sam Lively August 10, 2016 2:45 PM  

@34

To continue, Pharisee-ism often boils down to doing the "right thing" for the wrong reasons.

Adopting a black baby to unlock a White Merit Badge is insane, but calling any adoption of a black baby a virtue signaling sin is equally insane.

Blogger James Dixon August 10, 2016 2:46 PM  

> ...the only thing Jaski's efforts would have is to convince me to worship Loki.

The engineers tended more toward Eris.

Blogger Sam Lively August 10, 2016 2:46 PM  

@52

They don't "ruin it for the rest of us."

An idiot Pharisee doesn't stop you from doing the right thing for the right reasons.

Blogger Gaiseric August 10, 2016 2:59 PM  

@34 I consider ANY adoption to be a form of virtue-signaling these days, unless the kid is white American. People are always talking about how expensive it is to have their own kids, and yet they shell out thousands of extra dollars for a dindu or slope, many of whom have "special needs".

Then your consideration is to reduce an issue to a binary when it is, in fact, at least a little bit more complicated than that. Having some acquintances and friends who have had great difficulty in conceiving their own biological offspring, and had equally great difficulty in adopting local, home-grown orphans, I'm a bit more sympathetic to their plight, and can understand the desire to look for an easier option.

That doesn't mean that there isn't a great deal of Churchian virtue signaling, but if you think all adopters are merely Churchian virtue signalers, then you are mistaken.

Blogger SemiSpook37 August 10, 2016 3:06 PM  

Sam Lively wrote:
They don't "ruin it for the rest of us."

An idiot Pharisee doesn't stop you from doing the right thing for the right reasons.


No, but it also makes one wary of the system they're dealing with, regardless of what their intentions are.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan August 10, 2016 3:06 PM  

Ben Stein wanted a blond child and adopted one even interviewed the mother for intelligence, if you got money you get white, if you want virtue signaling clown badges you rush off to Africa, afraid of "vibrancy" go China girls. We are a globalized society folks deal with it, Jews are now Blond, Christians are Clowns and China girls are two for one, and black babies are sold "as is."

Anonymous A.B. Prosper August 10, 2016 3:06 PM  

Yeah. The Pharisees are of course as noted the very archetype of B.S. virtue signalling but for all their flaws and the fact they missed the spirit of the Law they actually kept to the letter of the Law to a strong degree.

While the idea of Vox going Heathen is amusing , it rather unlikely and it should happen sometime after I find out I am a Son of Krypton . However worshiping Loki is heretical among Heathens. Not done.

That said that trickster still less evil and was a better friend and more trustworthy to the Aesier at least till the very end of time than most of these cucks are to us on a daily basis.

Blogger Laraine August 10, 2016 3:10 PM  

This isn't one of those cuckservative Catholics trying to show how virtuous they are by bashing Trump is it? Churchians are always so holy in the light of day, creep around like roaches when the sun goes down.

Blogger SemiSpook37 August 10, 2016 3:15 PM  

Gaiseric wrote:

Then your consideration is to reduce an issue to a binary when it is, in fact, at least a little bit more complicated than that. Having some acquintances and friends who have had great difficulty in conceiving their own biological offspring, and had equally great difficulty in adopting local, home-grown orphans, I'm a bit more sympathetic to their plight, and can understand the desire to look for an easier option.

That doesn't mean that there isn't a great deal of Churchian virtue signaling, but if you think all adopters are merely Churchian virtue signalers, then you are mistaken.


This is a great point. The truth is the system isn't binary, nor should it be, but I would be very wary of those that want to adopt because they just want to do it. Being a parent is a huge responsibility AND a huge sacrifice, whether the child in question is your own or adopted. TPTB, no matter where you adopt from, are placing a huge amount of trust in you that you will be a decent parent and influence on the child (or children) they place in your care.

Engaging in the shenanigans as some of the stories referenced here is a huge violation of that trust. Hell, I'm not open to giving someone a cookie just because they happened to take in a child that was significantly different than their own background. I'd just as soon take the child away and find a family that wasn't so prone to virtue-signaling. That's not how this should work.

Anonymous Avalanche August 10, 2016 3:30 PM  

@37 "maybe they're adopting because the husband has so low T that he can't get it up. "

Or more like he likes college-aged coeds and comes home to tired to ... notice.

Anonymous Gen. Kong August 10, 2016 3:38 PM  

tz wrote:Churchians and cuckservatives are about virtue signalling, sometimes even worse than the SJWs. Just like bringing a refugee is at least 10x the cost of helping them there.

With rapefugee-racketeering the Churchians get a 2-fer at the expense of the devil YT Rayciss.

1. They can virtue-signal to their SJW friends, family and (most importantly) to the Master-Race Talmudists that they are anti-rayciss.

2. Rapefugees are re-settled in places where YT is known to live, usually in Section-Ape housing, thus trashing locales inhabited by YT - like dropping some ebola into the water supply.

3. The whole Rapefugee-resettlement racket is quite profitable. Churchians get tidy sums from the Banana Empire for this activity.

Anonymous BGKB August 10, 2016 3:38 PM  

are your thoughts on this: https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/when-god-sends-your-white-daughter-a-black-husband.

Moderation of all comments. They did let the biracial dyke comments go thru but I bet not mine.

When God sends your white daughter a black husband" PA covered it.

https://paworldandtimes.wordpress.com/2015/11/25/how-to-help-prevent-mudsharking/

Blogger Bard August 10, 2016 3:44 PM  

Wonder what the penalty would have been had the genders been reversed?
Loki-the God of Philippino child mischief

Anonymous Nathanael August 10, 2016 3:57 PM  

The virtue signalling backfired so spectacularly that the white cuck wanted the article taken down; love it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/christian-blogger-remove-interracial-marriage-blog-post-article-1.2745650

Blogger VFM #7634 August 10, 2016 4:05 PM  

Adopting a black baby to unlock a White Merit Badge is insane, but calling any adoption of a black baby a virtue signaling sin is equally insane.

@53 Sam Lively
Is there really any valid reason at all for a white couple to adopt a black baby, considering all the problems that will come with it? Because I can't see one.

But that's okay, if I'm insane, so be it.

Having some acquintances and friends who have had great difficulty in conceiving their own biological offspring, and had equally great difficulty in adopting local, home-grown orphans, I'm a bit more sympathetic to their plight, and can understand the desire to look for an easier option.

@56 Gaiseric
Perhaps I'm simply unusually low in altruism for a Northwest European, but even if they did have "great difficulty" in having their own kids, were they eventually able to have one or two? If so, I don't see the need for adoption.

And I especially don't see the need to adopt from other races.

Blogger Robert Divinity August 10, 2016 4:20 PM  

has four daughters between the ages 11 and 18, two of whom were adopted from China

You know Christy Lynn has eaten some take out, too.



Doubt the husband was just watching.

The solid bet is the male cuck insisted on the Filipino boy.

Blogger Josh August 10, 2016 4:23 PM  

Is there really any valid reason at all for a white couple to adopt a black baby, considering all the problems that will come with it? Because I can't see one.

Ministering to orphans is something that the church is called to do.

Anonymous Nathanael August 10, 2016 4:33 PM  

Josh wrote:Ministering to orphans is something that the church is called to do.

For centuries and centuries, the church viewed that command to mean "set up orphanages", only in the past century has the TRUE meaning of the command "treat them identical to your own flesh and blood" been revealed to us far more enlightened moderns, amirite?

Blogger Guitar Man August 10, 2016 4:37 PM  

Hmm, except I'm not sure that God set up an orphanage for those who are adopted into His family.

Blogger Josh August 10, 2016 4:39 PM  

For centuries and centuries, the church viewed that command to mean "set up orphanages", only in the past century has the TRUE meaning of the command "treat them identical to your own flesh and blood" been revealed to us far more enlightened moderns, amirite?

No

Blogger Josh August 10, 2016 4:42 PM  

Hmm, except I'm not sure that God set up an orphanage for those who are adopted into His family.

Better check to see if God adopted any black children into His family, maybe he's virtue signaling.

Anonymous Nathanael August 10, 2016 4:45 PM  

Guitar Man wrote:Hmm, except I'm not sure that God set up an orphanage for those who are adopted into His family.

Anyone who thinks Biblical adoption is about raising a child, rather than about inheritance, is Biblically and historically illiterate on the subject. Find any reference in the New Testament to adoption and inheritance will be in the immediate context. The Roman and Jewish audience of the time would have understood that adoption referred to the practice of an heirless man choosing a cousin or nephew to be his heir.

The modern practice of adoption is referred to in the Bible as kidnapping or man stealing.

Blogger Guitar Man August 10, 2016 4:52 PM  

Where in the bible is that referred to as kidnapping?

Blogger Robert Divinity August 10, 2016 4:53 PM  

3. The whole Rapefugee-resettlement racket is quite profitable. Churchians get tidy sums from the Banana Empire for this activity.

Churchian priorities tend to generate Banana Republic largesse or another benefit such as tropical mission work in February. The Rightfully Guided Caliph Russell D. Moore wants to fill empty pews, as do American bishops. Christy Jaski gets her jungle fever satiated. Follow the money and/or the pussy.

Blogger Josh August 10, 2016 4:54 PM  

The modern practice of adoption is referred to in the Bible as kidnapping or man stealing.

Please cite the chapter and verse to back this up or retract your claim.

Blogger Guitar Man August 10, 2016 4:54 PM  

And I prefer that Americans adopt American children first. Apparently it is very difficult to adopt in America, which causes parents to look elsewhere.

Anonymous Ras al Ghul August 10, 2016 4:55 PM  

"If I was a college student, the only thing Jaski's efforts would have is to convince me to worship Loki."

The old gods are returning, the sons of Odin show that clearly

Anonymous Elipe August 10, 2016 4:57 PM  

Nathanael wrote:The modern practice of adoption is referred to in the Bible as kidnapping or man stealing

The scientific term is self-cuckolding.

Blogger Krul August 10, 2016 5:03 PM  

Related: Gawker's new website for men

Blogger John Wright August 10, 2016 5:05 PM  

@34

"I consider ANY adoption to be a form of virtue-signaling these days, unless the kid is white American."

Likewise, I consider your saying that to be nothing but virtue signaling, because you are embarrassed that you were found stuffing a rabid weasel down your trousers.

You have invented a new form of telepathy, where you can tell what my motives are, overhear what I pray in silence to God Almighty, and know the inner workings of my heart.

It is an amazing discovery, and will have many ramifications for espionage, politics, policework, radioastronomy, casino gambling, weasel-trouser-stuffing, and finding out how women think.

Unfortunately, your new telepathic method only allows you to read evil, untoward, and hypocritical secret motives.

So, of course, when I use that same method on you, I get the same answer you do: my mystical brain powers tell me that you are a man with a rabid weasel in your trousers, and so you say things with a weird look on your face, standing with your knees bent at odd angles, in order to deflect attention from yourself, and look good to your fellow Pharisees.

See how useful your new telepathic methodology is? It never is checked against reality, and so it never gets a wrong result!!

And we all should pay attention to what you say my motive was because .... wait, why is that again?

Why exactly do you think anyone gives a tinker's damn about your flippant judgment of what I do in my family? I must have a reason why I answered you.

Please use your mind reading skills on me and inform me immediately of my motives.

And please, please make them discreditable and unwholesome motives. I would hate to discover that I am an honest and honorable man.

Blogger L. Jagi Lamplighter Wright August 10, 2016 5:07 PM  

@22
>And if you really want to put a shiv in their virtue signaling start a conversation with them and then flat out ask them why they didn't just adopt an American black baby.

Because, in America, the courts will turn around at a drop of a hat and take the child away...to return them to the bio parents.

I know several people who this has happened to. A more painful experience, I cannot imagine.

When I was active in the overseas adoption community, I met exactly two Liberal families. Most of those adopting overseas were hardworking military or ex-military families. They weren't very concerned with what other people thought.

Also, anyone familiar with the adoption scene knows that where the children come from (Russia, China, Africa, etc.) is much more a product of which country has children available than it is a matter of a 'fad' on the part of the adopting families. In the mid 2000s, for instance, the wait time for a Chinese girl was 6 months. Within two years, it had become 6 years...so many people switched countries.


Blogger Josh August 10, 2016 5:07 PM  

John C Wright just dropped a thermonuclear bomb

Blogger L. Jagi Lamplighter Wright August 10, 2016 5:09 PM  

@51
>We've also discussed the adoption angle, but some of the anecdotes here are really turning me off to the idea.

Don't give up!

I know many families with adopted children, including ours. It is really a wonderful thing. Don't let other people's snide sarcastic outlook on life talk you out of what might be the best thing that's ever happen to your family. ;-)

Blogger Josh August 10, 2016 5:10 PM  

Likewise, I consider your saying that to be nothing but virtue signaling, because you are embarrassed that you were found stuffing a rabid weasel down your trousers.

More likely a gerbil

Blogger Guitar Man August 10, 2016 5:11 PM  

John Wright steps in. Your argument is invalid.

Blogger SirHamster August 10, 2016 5:12 PM  

It is a little odd to hear grafted branches disparage adoption.

Blogger dc.sunsets August 10, 2016 5:12 PM  

OT. In other news, the Pakis never stopped in Rotherham.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/697583/Rotherham-abuse-scandal-child-grooming-gangs-industrial-scale-victims-CSE

Apparently there are no English men left in England.

Blogger Roger G2 August 10, 2016 5:21 PM  

Short answer: No. I, too, am guilty of this-and suspect that many others are as well.

Blogger dc.sunsets August 10, 2016 5:28 PM  

I never tire of reading about the wonders of adoption from the viewpoint of the people adopting a child.

They are always full of confidence & self-congratulations. Whether they say so openly or not, it's easy to see that they anticipate a family life that mirrors the "norm."

Maybe that will be its appearance.

Given my experience & insight as an adoptee, I wouldn't count on it, though. I especially imagine the land mines awaiting people who adopted kids from China and other cultures where the DNA programming is radically different. They have no idea, I think, what's coming.

Blogger Austin Ballast August 10, 2016 5:28 PM  

Wrights,

I am glad your situation worked out well. It just seems to have wasted many years of the life of my wife and myself, almost killing our marriage.

Not good results in our case and lots of nasty things to walk through. No one ended up completely loyal to me in spite of all I sowed into their lives.

I would strongly encourage anyone heading in to do much more research and make sure you are ready for possible trouble. It was more than our naive brains were really ready for. I ended up being a voluntary cuck just sow a birth father (for the most part) could get "his kids" back when they became adults.

One son says I am his father, but really treats me like a second tier father.

Lots of work to reach that point made it a very rough experience. No guarantees anything will change in the future either since they had their "real family" to return to.

I do agree that all adoption is not virtue signalling however. We adopted because things weren't coming the other way and nothing was easily fixable from a biological standpoint. I figured building a family was building a family? I had no idea how those who come into the foster care system can get messed up and then how the system will turn against those who try to parent those children.

I am sure it is worse today as my direct experience is a bit past.

Some here have no idea how strong the drive is to have a family. They are complete idiots in that area.

Some do virtue signal, but some are trying to build a family and want to do it a way that is available.

Our children looked like us, but that is not enough. I suspect our experience reinforces some of Vox's points on genetics, as they returned to their heritage, though very early childhood influence can also be hard to overcome.

I would also no longer argue for keeping siblings together. That can create an "us vs. them" mentality that hinders any healing.

Blogger Teri August 10, 2016 5:33 PM  

Husband's half sister adopted a black schizophrenic boy. She left the marriage and the husband wound up with the boy. We sort of figure he took the boy as penance for participating in My Lai. The boy kept him sane and gave some meaning to his life. The boy is grown up, 6'2" and can be scary if you don't know him. He seems to be okay as long as he takes his meds. I think they have a plan for when he's on his own. I can't imagine what he would be like if he hadn't been adopted.

Blogger Austin Ballast August 10, 2016 5:33 PM  

dc.sunsets,

They are always full of confidence & self-congratulations. Whether they say so openly or not, it's easy to see that they anticipate a family life that mirrors the "norm."

You clearly need to expand your circles.

I was certainly naive going into things, but how many younger couples are not naive in some area?

Our children looked like us, but they did not want to be part of us and therefore refused. Their lives could have been fine if they had not rejected us as they had many opportunities and did not look at all different from us.

A big factor however is a society that undermines the rights of parents and feeds children lies and feeds on their lies. That is a significant problem for those really trying to make things work in this area.

Societal support (or lack of it) is a far bigger issue than you acknowledge.

Blogger dc.sunsets August 10, 2016 5:36 PM  

@ LJLW, I question whether you have all the data necessary to draw your conclusions.

To be an adoptee is to know you were rejected by those all humans know are supposed to be devoted to you, your parents. The differences you note between you and your adoptive family will be large. If you have any sense, you will realize you are always a foundling. Depending on circumstances you may know nothing about your origins or your medical / genetic predispositions. If you do meet your biological parents you'll probably find zero in common with them, too.

Such an existence beats the hell out of abortion. It is not, however, the same as a biological family. I know this first hand.

Blogger dc.sunsets August 10, 2016 5:48 PM  

Austin, my adoption occurred long before all this social pathology. I know people who have adopted far more recently (including a catastrophe from the Foster system.) My circle is already expanded.

All the support in the world will not change the fulcrum, a topic to which you alluded: DNA.

We are not blank slates. My adopted sister was (is) a sociopath, probably just like her parents.

Fruit doesn't fall far from the tree producing it. This is an old saying for a reason.

Even the full offspring of a couple can give them big challenges. Adding "stranger" genes and you can have immiscible people. My parents didn’t have a clue what to do with me. The difference between my upbringing and the experience of my sons cannot be overstated.

Blogger Bard August 10, 2016 6:07 PM  

"Anyone who thinks Biblical adoption is about raising a child, rather than about inheritance, is Biblically and historically illiterate on the subject. Find any reference in the New Testament to adoption and inheritance will be in the immediate context. The Roman and Jewish audience of the time would have understood that adoption referred to the practice of an heirless man choosing a cousin or nephew to be his heir"

It should be in context of being made a joint heir to the promises made to Abraham. However, that doesn't make someone illiterate. We are specifically called to take care of true widows and orphans. A true widow is too old to remarry and has no family to care for her. Unlike today, that was a very poor situation for a woman. She couldn't just get a job or file for SSI. Likewise, true orphans had no family. Not sure if a living crack mom in jail counts.

"The modern practice of adoption is referred to in the Bible as kidnapping or man stealing."

That is silly.

I do know a family who only adopted crippled children for show and tell. Husband fled with a younger women. He never was sincere. It was his virtue signal. I have not been called to adopt, but I certainly don't think it wise to judge another man's reasons for doing so as there is nothing in scripture prohibiting it.

Blogger VFM #7634 August 10, 2016 6:13 PM  

Please use your mind reading skills on me and inform me immediately of my motives.

And please, please make them discreditable and unwholesome motives. I would hate to discover that I am an honest and honorable man.


@82 John Wright

It is possible, at least sometimes, to ascertain what a person is thinking from his public actions. Your idea, that it is never possible, is ridiculous.

I could think: John Wright adopted interracially. Therefore, there's a chance he's virtue-signaling, because it's common for people to adopt interracially to indulge their urges for Churchian virtue-signaling.

That is a valid argument.

However, your statement is: VFM #7634 doesn't like interracial adoption. Therefore, there is a chance he likes stuffing weasels down his pants.

That is a non sequitur, unless there actually was an epidemic of interracial adoption skeptics being weasel-stuffers.

Okay, let's say you weren't virtue-signaling.

We can still deduce that you do have a flat-earth attitude toward race, reasoning that you are just as qualified to raise a nonwhite kid as someone from his own culture, and damn the consequences for not only your own family, but your friends, acquaintances, neighbors... your culture.

You may think you're being charitable by bringing black kids into your hometown where the other people in town will end up having to deal with them, but you're really not.

Some do virtue signal, but some are trying to build a family and want to do it a way that is available.

@92 Austin Ballast
The point is: adopting, especially interracially, tells the whole world that either 1) you believe there is no race but the human race, or 2) your desire for a "family" outweighs any consequences for the community. Just like those do-gooders who get their warm fuzzies by dumping Muslim "refugees" into Western countries, leaving the rest of the people having to deal with their crime.

It's very similar, except at a much smaller level. No amount of rationalizing will get around that.

Blogger residentMoron August 10, 2016 6:18 PM  

You know that line about searching heaven and earth to find one covert?

If you go to Africa to adopt a child, and you don't even know the people in your street who need your help? Virtue signalling.

"If you don't love your brother who you can see, how can you love God who you can't see?

Blogger residentMoron August 10, 2016 6:24 PM  

"Hmm, except I'm not sure that God set up an orphanage for those who are adopted into His family."

What exactly do you think the church is?

Blogger Bard August 10, 2016 6:26 PM  

Unadopted children live in an orphanage. Adopted ones live in the father's house.

Anonymous It's Not All About You August 10, 2016 6:35 PM  

John C. Wright

Why exactly do you think anyone gives a tinker's damn about your flippant judgment of what I do in my family?


Do you screw in light bulbs by holding the bulb to the fixture in the ceiling as the Earth revolves around you, John?

Believe it or not, his comment didn't have your name in it.

Not everything is all about you, and your feelz are not the top issue in the world.

Anonymous Crude August 10, 2016 6:38 PM  

Yes, I'm sure this is just the sort of promotion that Christianity needs. Someone needs to explain to these virtue-signaling cretins that importing foreigners to have sex with your wife is neither evangelizing nor sharing the love of Christ.

I'm finding a lot of interracial adoption more and more weird, with some exceptions. But I also suspect that often guys like this are just trying to do something good and right, and fuck up.

Not every adopter is a David French.

Blogger residentMoron August 10, 2016 6:39 PM  

I have a number of Catholic friends with very large families. Two have said that they consider it biblical truth that God "opens and closes" the womb, so they just do what couples do and trust him to take care of that, and I can't really argue with that.

But I do sometimes wonder if people who adopt because they "really want a family" aren't therefore defying God's judgement?

I think if you adopt for your own emotional needs you're bound to be a curse to the child and to the community because you will raise the child to similarly pursue its own satisfaction at the expense of others.

I don't know anyone's heart, except I know that all human hearts are unreliable at best.

I say this as a man with one child, three step-children, and two foster children.

Blogger Azimus August 10, 2016 6:42 PM  

Our family is friends with a family that is in the process of adopting an American black baby. The mother signed off on the baby before it was born, so our friend got to first meet the baby when it was 6hrs old, which was a couple weeks ago. I don't know how much bigger of a sacrifice you can make, 20 years, thousands of hours of your time and tens of thousands of dollars. Neither are they rich - the husband is a certified mechanic and she is a stay-at home, homeschool mom, so this is not a status symbol. And yet they are labeled "churchians."

The use of this "churchian" term is becoming absurd, similar to the "rabbit" phase a couple years ago when somebody called the French policemen "rabbits" for staying at their post and dying in the line of duty protecting civilians, but failed to thwart the much more heavily armed and numerous attackers, and once wounded and shot asked the attackers for mercy, therefore "rabbit."

Kindness, generosity, and sacrifice might be ill advised or stupid, or even pointless. But it is not "churchian" unless the term has lost all meaning except "things Christians do which I oppose."

Blogger Bard August 10, 2016 6:43 PM  

Heck, maybe he shut the womb so they would adopt, who can know?

Anonymous Gen. Kong August 10, 2016 6:44 PM  

Josh wrote:

Ministering to orphans is something that the church is called to do.


Virtue-Signal adoption (and the excuses offered here for it) is much like sending one's offspring to public edumacayshun to "evangelize the heathen" … with similar results.

Once upon a time, there used to be these places run by churches known as "orphanages", but they all seem to be run by SJWs working for Der Staat nowadays. Come to think of it, churches used to spend their money operating these things called "schools" instead of spending it taking Ebola field-rips to Negroland to virtue-signal their assorted SJW and cuck friends back in Kwa-bananaland about how they worship Golden Dindu too.

Blogger Bard August 10, 2016 6:45 PM  

104) Do/can they have their own?

Blogger residentMoron August 10, 2016 6:48 PM  

Maybe, Bard. But the biblical examples where women sought surrogates because they were childless, are not good. The rivalry between Jacob's wives was a constant source of strife in the family, as they used this means to one-up each other.

Blogger Bard August 10, 2016 6:50 PM  

I agree. And that created a huge inheritance problem and massive jealousy and competition.

Anonymous TLM August 10, 2016 6:53 PM  

Yes, I'm sure there are some that are doing God's work in adopting abroad. But in just about every case I've seen it appears to be more virtue signaling than anything else. And it's easy to spot them, they are just like people who've lived in NYC or California. You know them less than 2 minutes and they are already telling you about how they adopted little Unga Boonga from some dark African sh*t-hole. And then there's a public 'praise' announcement in church with a PowerPoint of little Unga Boonga's sh*tty village and more pics of you whisking him away to the USA. Then the constant FB posts of how great you're now making little Unga Boonga's once sh*tty life full of joy. And on and on. And then they seem compelled to buy virtue signaling clothing like 'I (heart) Africa" shirts and crap. For those that do this type of thing remember, vanity, vanity, all is vanity. You get no credit, despite your best efforts at giving Unga Boonga a great American consumer based life style if your motive is wrong.

Blogger Sam Lively August 10, 2016 6:53 PM  

@67
"Is there really any valid reason at all for a white couple to adopt a black baby, considering all the problems that will come with it?"

In my experience there are a lot more white couples than black couples who can't have kids and want to. I'd wager there are more black babies that need to be adopted than there are black couples looking to adopt.

That's a valid reason.

I completely understand the need to dump the absurd Churchian white guilt that surrounds these issues, but this bathwater does have a baby in it.

I'm not speaking from pure naivete either: I have personal experience of the drawbacks of high-risk adoption. I spent most of my college years living with a white couple that adopted a black boy, an extreme special needs kid and the two kids of their party animal niece. It was all going to hell very quickly, and it was pretty obvious why - the father was literally going insane and I think the adoptions were the first stage in gradually escalating delusions of grandeur.

Interracial fever is a symptom of American/Churchian suicidalism, but it's not the cause. Room for healthy, loving interracial relationships once you get past the Jesus/Judas complexes that are sending white people over the cliff.

Blogger VFM #7634 August 10, 2016 6:55 PM  

Kindness, generosity, and sacrifice might be ill advised or stupid, or even pointless. But it is not "churchian" unless the term has lost all meaning except "things Christians do which I oppose."

@104 Azimus
It's really not that difficult. "Churchian" means "SJW with a Christian veneer". If it harms Western civilization and most SJWs approve of it, then it's Churchian.

And you don't have to be rich like Angelina Jolie to virtue-signal. Arguably, it's even more inexplicable when someone who's not well-off does it.

Again, my points about their disregard for the broader community made in my previous post apply. When the black baby grows up and knocks up a few of the local white girls and dumps them, or becomes a petty criminal, I'm sure the victims and their families will be so grateful that some misguided white couple felt an adoption itch for a dindu who wouldn't otherwise be anywhere near their town.

Blogger Azimus August 10, 2016 6:55 PM  

103.residentMoron August 10, 2016 6:39 PM
But I do sometimes wonder if people who adopt because they "really want a family" aren't therefore defying God's judgement?


If I may humbly submit, you are over-thinking this. Look to the Bible - how many examples are there of verses of God encouraging his people to take care of the orphan? Is adoption not the best way? And isn't the whole New Testament about son-ship through adoption?

I think if you adopt for your own emotional needs you're bound to be a curse to the child and to the community because you will raise the child to similarly pursue its own satisfaction at the expense of others.

Possible. All things are possible. But far from certain. My aunt had several miscarriages before adopting a baby and she is a model mother of her adopted daughter and step-son (the son of her second and current husband).

I don't know anyone's heart, except I know that all human hearts are unreliable at best.

Again, certainly true. But since this is true for all men, the only options for an orphan are: become adopted, or be raised by the state. 99% of the time the state is not going to be the better choice for the child. Of course, VD's story above is an example of that 1% of the time he'd be better off in a state orphanage.

I say this as a man with one child, three step-children, and two foster children.

Good on you for foster parenting. It's a tough, tough thing to do, particularly dealing with the biological parents. Those kids need somebody though, thank you for your sacrifice.

Blogger Bard August 10, 2016 6:55 PM  

Very good friends of ours adopted two white brothers with fetal alcohol syndrome. Those boys would have had a rough life without them. They do have two children of their own. Does anyone know of black couples adopting white children?

Blogger residentMoron August 10, 2016 6:57 PM  

Azimus,

I've never lived anywhere there wasn't plenty of local people needed help. This lends some support to the suspicion that going halfway around the world to find someone to help is driven by an additional motive.

Not as a verdict, since I am not able to read anyone's heart, but simply as a logical deduction of a possibility.

Blogger VD August 10, 2016 6:58 PM  

Just to be clear, I am not opposed to adoption, which is a time-honored and respectable practice. In Rome, one might even adopt an adult for lineage and inheritance purposes.

That being said, like most things, it is neither as wonderful as the adoption advocates would have it nor as terrible as the adoption critics claim.

I grew up knowing three adopted Korean girls in my family's extended circle. All three were fully integrated into their families, all three married white men, if I recall correctly, and all three are still happily married Christians, as far as I know.

However, there is a massive difference between Koreans and Africans. I no more expect the results of an African interracial adoption to turn out like a Korean one than I expect an African company to begin successfully competing with Samsung. I could be wrong, the adopt-an-African trend is relatively new, and time will tell.

But I do know that a high percentage of Christians who adopt African children are virtue-signaling Churchians and cuckservatives, because they talk about racism more than Jesse Jackson does. Nick Searcy, just to give one example, would run his adopted black son up a flagpole if he could.

Anonymous VFM #7916 August 10, 2016 6:58 PM  

@111

It's not a reason. You accepted some external need as a reason. You may as well say that all of Africa needs shoes, so you should encourage everyone to send them their own and go barefoot.

I think you're a camel here, trying to get into the tent.

Anonymous Bobby Farr August 10, 2016 7:03 PM  

@104 The chances of it being a mere 20 year commitment are slim. Did they confirm the child didn't have drugs in its system at birth (with the likely resulting brain damage)? Even if not, the child will have the genes of its most likely highly dysfunctional birth parents.

Genes matter. If people are going to adopt, they need to be aware that the child is not a blank slate and will suffer under the genetic limitations of its parents and the drug/alcohol damage inflicted by the mother.

Blogger VD August 10, 2016 7:04 PM  

When the black baby grows up and knocks up a few of the local white girls and dumps them, or becomes a petty criminal, I'm sure the victims and their families will be so grateful that some misguided white couple felt an adoption itch for a dindu who wouldn't otherwise be anywhere near their town.

An expat couple who adopted an African girl because the wife could not have more children were neighbors of ours a few years ago. The wife once complained that the Italians often looked at her disapprovingly because of her adopted daughter.

I pointed out that if the Italians wanted to live around Africans, they would have moved to Africa, so they probably didn't appreciate a foreigner importing Africans on their behalf. Strangely enough, that seemed to make her feel better about it, because at least it wasn't personal.

Blogger Bard August 10, 2016 7:08 PM  

My initial reaction to black adoption is never "that is wonderful". Strange, but Korean adoption would = no opinion and certainly not distaste.

Anonymous Gen. Kong August 10, 2016 7:11 PM  

The fatal flaw here is not adoption, but in the imposition of Marxoid theories like tabula rasa and magic dirt upon it. Since this issue is related to the whole issue of ethnic identity and community, I wonder what Israel's laws on Jews adopting Musloid orphans and bring them into the kibbutz are? Since Israel is about the only nationalist ethno-state allowed to legitimately exist - according even to many who self-describe as "Christian" (which is pretty funny in light how Arab Christans who've lived there longer than even the earliest Zionist settlers are treated - though to be fair they are not as bad off as they are under the Moose-Limbs).

Blogger Bard August 10, 2016 7:15 PM  

How many Japanese adopt white children other than monks in Kung Fu movies?

Blogger Dave August 10, 2016 7:16 PM  

if the Italians wanted to live around Africans, they would have moved to Africa

Or Minnesota

Blogger Austin Ballast August 10, 2016 7:23 PM  

dc.sunsets,

Austin, my adoption occurred long before all this social pathology. I know people who have adopted far more recently (including a catastrophe from the Foster system.) My circle is already expanded.

That would explain your hostility toward adoptive parents.

My daughter has similar accusations against me that ultimately hold me accountable for all the idiocy that happened before we can anywhere near their picture.

I do agree you about genetics however. Our children had a great connection to the behavior patterns of their birth families, something that was not able to be changed.

They undermined their success with us and did a good job at that.

My challenge is on getting to know more adoptive parents without the "they are the complete problem" attitude. Unlikely you have done so, especially give your background. Your situation may have been horrid, but telling me that I was naive beyond what younger couples are does not fit the facts.

I was naive, but I made no boast about it in the sense many here apply.

Spacebunny commented here a long time back that she knew adoptees who loved their adoptive parent's dearly. Those do exist as well. Don't paint all of us with the same broad brush because you are ticked off. Or do, whatever you want.

I sowed a significant part of my life away without any trumpets or fanfare. The system turned on me and helped ruin at least one of my daughters, and set the others on a damaging path. Tell me that is all my fault.

Perhaps leaving them in the tragedy that is the foster care system would have been better all you want, I don't believe it. How many are willing to take on 4 siblings at once?

They would have almost certainly been split up if we had not been there. I may wish we weren't now, but hindsight is always much better.

Blogger Azimus August 10, 2016 7:24 PM  

112. VFM #7634 August 10, 2016 6:55 PM
It's really not that difficult. "Churchian" means "SJW with a Christian veneer". If it harms Western civilization and most SJWs approve of it, then it's Churchian.


This is a complex thing to ponder. To the extent that childless families choose to adopt/raise children of another race in the natural course of things, little meaningful harm is done to Western Civilization. I agree with VD's postulate that there's no such thing as "magic dirt". However, in my opinion, a child with sufficient natural dispositions (intelligence, civility, self control) can be raised up with a concentrated, personalized effort, to be a contributing part of Western Civilization. That the adopting culture would raise a 97IQ Christian black instead of a 100IQ Christian white would not do a lot of measurable damage to the civilization.

But the problem is, as I ponder this, it doesn't happen in a vacuum. The Black American subculture roundly rejects many founding principles of Western Civilization, and offers in it's place what - the poison of malcontentment, of victim culture, of excuses for failure. It is monolithic (moreso than any other American subculture) in thought, thought policing, and astonishingly racist (think of the black-to-black epithet "Oreo"). The American Black subculture is anti-civilizational at it's root, and in 2016 America it is likely to pull in our theoretical 97IQ black Christian boy, and erase 20yrs of sacrifice on the part of the parents.

So, in theory I would tend to disagree it does not do measurable/meaningful harm to Western Civ to adopt and raise a black boy. But in reality, I concede that it likely will, due to anti-civilizational tumors, of which BLM is only a smaller part of the bigger Great Lie neoplasm.

Blogger tz August 10, 2016 7:31 PM  

@82

You decry the ignorance, stupidity, lack of education, and the intolerance of the average American including the vandalism of the iconic DC comic characters now on TV.

Yet somehow those and many other motives can't be ascertained without telepathy yet you have come at least as close to it.

Perhaps our accusations is in error in exactly that someone holding a smoking gun which is pointed at a now dead gunshot victim with the bang having occurred seconds ago - it could have been someone else who shot, and said "catch" and ran away. But what is the actual likelihood?

Remember the context:
A North Carolina woman has admitted to committing sex crimes involving a 14-year-old boy who her family was in the process of adopting from the Philippines.

Let me try to make the case that there is bad faith. First, most interracial adoptions are intentional. A white couple isn't seeing the first child available, or one which might fit in, they seek one of a specific different race. If you can't get a "designer baby" by genetic engineering, adopt one. Second, they are unlikely to raise it in their original culture, whether African-American or American. Japan has lots of abortions, but if they sent the babies here, they wouldn't likely learn bushido and shinto. At best it would be an anime or manga parody. At worst it would be cultural genocide where a Polish couple would feed their children pirogi and kielbasa Cultural condescension.

You yourself point out the problem with libertarians creating a moral climate with swearing in public or similar things. While there cannot be telepathy, I can assume that very, very few swearing have Tourette's syndrome, and that in any case to accept public swearing in this case might be reasonable, but doing so will encourage the other mass of evil.

As an illustration, many years agoe, a talk Radio host said we needed to accept an old police drama that was more realistic that featured cursing because it was real. I wrote him at the time that doing so would invite "the world's funniest cussing videos".

By the telepathy standard you endorse all the evils you say would exist in a pure anarchy - because you cannot telepathically be sure that they are doing so against their consciences. Adoption tends to last for years, and many transient annoyance an anarcho-libertarian are instantaneous or otherwise very short lived.

And there are few evils worse than SJW virtue signalling. Even if that is NOT the reason one particular couple intentionally decides to adopt a child of a remote race, it encourages others with less pure motives.

Blogger tz August 10, 2016 7:31 PM  

(cont)


Consider someone who dresses skimpily because they have a condition where they cannot go to Mass in the heat in anything heavier, and don't want to violate the commandment. But if they are allowed, they will lower the bar. No one is going to ask, the priest won't pause and explain the minutiae. The rest of the congregation will start dressing down.

There ought to be standards of conduct including those which aren't in any way sinful, but might breach the peace or create other problems or simply are bad examples which are discouraged. "Virtue Signalling" is sin, so doing something which appears to be so is the near occasion.

Consider contraception - a grave sin. It is rarely if ever an intended evil, a telepath would only discover good behind it.

Consider Twin Falls, Idaho. There are many with pure motives who wanted refugees in. But a 5 year old girl was sexually assaulted. It isn't even telepathy, they are clearly denying or avoiding this monstrous act to continue to promote refugees settling in the area - more virtue signalling.

Intent can be perfectly righteous but the results of the acts can be gravely evil. When they are, even statistically, or are far more frequently done with bad intent (and the prideful self-righteous virtue signalling is such), then the acts ought to be avoided or condemned.

While interracial adoption (I'd add cross-cultural or other things) is not intrinsically evil, it is rarely a truly charitable act. At best there is a major naivete on how easy it will be - either to displace the native culture (why would raising an orphan of Catholic parents as a Hindu be good), or to attempt to raise the child in their native culture with almost no knowledge of it? Would you be willing to adopt a Hindu child and raise it in the Hindu religion which the original parents would have wanted? If Hindus want to adopt and raise a Catholic child as a Hindu, would you consider it proper?

None of these problems happen when people raise children of their own race and culture.

Blogger Sam Lively August 10, 2016 7:35 PM  

@117

Actually, I'm describing an internal need - plenty of black babies here in the US. I do think hunting for orphans abroad is ridiculous, albeit incentivized by domestic red tape.

As for being a camel, I'm not trying to get inside any tent - I read here everyday but there's obviously a pretty wide spectrum of opinion. If you want to know where I stand in the culture war spectrum, it's pretty close to Pat Buchanan.

Blogger Robert Divinity August 10, 2016 7:39 PM  

The use of this "churchian" term is becoming absurd, similar to the "rabbit" phase a couple years ago when somebody called the French policemen "rabbits" for staying at their post and dying in the line of duty protecting civilians, but failed to thwart the much more heavily armed and numerous attackers, and once wounded and shot asked the attackers for mercy, therefore "rabbit."

I'll venture a wild guess. Ninety-plus percent of the posters here would define "Churchian" in roughly the same way.

Blogger tz August 10, 2016 7:45 PM  

There are multiple cases which are being confused and merged:

1. A perfectly fertile couple than INSTEAD of having their own children, adopts those of a remote genome.

2. A couple where they already have children, but want more and they are no longer fertile.

3. A couple that married but "put off" children until they ceased being fertile or some other problem surfaced years later.

4. A couple which to their sorrow discovered they were actually infertile.

(Also to JCW - push harder and you justify IVF which might let couples have their own children though through artificial means, but is considered a grave sin - Children are NOT a RIGHT, they are a blessing from God).

The last case is the only clear one for Adoption.

But even then:

1. Local crisis pregnancy agencies can find someone of the same race and culture, and even keep (arms length) contact with the biomom.

2. They can apply and grow in the virtue of patience until something comes up.

3. They can find an alien child to adopt who somehow is in the USA (If they adopt, can the child still be used as an "anchor baby"?)

4. They can adopt a Maori or Australian Aborigine and raise it in some European culture - Think photoshopped lederhosen.

(Somehow an adopted native American at Oktoberfest sounds like it won't end well - I'm not sure the extent of genetics but alcohol tolerance is quit racial and I'm blessed with what one co-worker called "The Liver of the Gods"; but I also have my genetic curses).

Blogger tz August 10, 2016 8:02 PM  

I should also note there are black couples who wish to adopt.

“When God Sends Your White Daughter a Black Husband.”

Remember that some Black Daughter will be denied that same Husband.

Some Black 53 year old daughter if I read right.

While I reject the State anti-miscegany laws, I reject them on the grounds the state lacks both authority and competence to regulate it. But that doesn't mean there is no other authority. Or that what the state is neutral toward is morally neutral

Anonymous Ominous Cowherd August 10, 2016 8:16 PM  

Josh wrote:Ministering to orphans is something that the church is called to do.

Orphanages is the most cost effective way to do it, the kindest way, and the way that doesn't screw up our culture or theirs. If those Third World orphans have the brainpower to make it in the US, their country needs them worse than we do.

Charity begins at home, and those who don't take care of their own are worse than an infidel.

Blogger Austin Ballast August 10, 2016 9:59 PM  

VFM #7634,

So I should have left my kids in the foster care system because you might see it as virtue signalling?

Idiotic reasoning.

Though my children look just like me as I look just like the birthfather (ironically), just that I am about a foot taller.

I would have avoided it if I had known the consequences, but it sure as heck wasn't virtue signalling on my part at all and my children could have lived quite reasonable lives if they followed my ways. Most who knew them were surprised when they found out they were adopted.

you believe there is no race but the human race

I do believe that, since we are all descended from Adam and Eve. I have become more accepting of the term as it is used though, especially since it use to be "the French race" and "the English race" as two examples. I still oppose a lot that was done in the past claiming one race was better than the other.

I do now believe that God separated people out after the Tower of Babel and that separation is His will, not ours. We remain a single overall race, but we are many races within that.

residentMoron,

But I do sometimes wonder if people who adopt because they "really want a family" aren't therefore defying God's judgement?

Who says it is God's judgment? I do believe that and still wonder why God kept my wife's womb closed, but it is His universe and therefore His rules. I just serve Him.

Perhaps He did that in our case to give 4 children a chance at a better life than they were headed for? You would have to ask Him.

You would make a great counselor for Job though.

I'll venture a wild guess. Ninety-plus percent of the posters here would define "Churchian" in roughly the same way.

Yes Robert Divinity: They would define it as anyone who disagrees with them. Not a good standard, however they dress it up.

Blogger L. Jagi Lamplighter Wright August 10, 2016 10:07 PM  

@102, If the first gentleman makes a comment about everyone who has an adopted child that is not White, then that person is addressing John directly, as he is the father of an adopted girl who is not White.

Blogger L. Jagi Lamplighter Wright August 10, 2016 10:14 PM  

>We can still deduce that you do have a flat-earth attitude toward race, reasoning that you are just as qualified to raise a nonwhite kid as someone from his own culture, and damn the consequences for not only your own family, but your friends, acquaintances, neighbors... your culture.

You are making a serious, false to facts, assumption--that there is someone in the other culture who would do the adopting.

Then answers, often, is: there is not.

Our daughter joined our family less than a month before she became too old to be adopted.

She just spent a month and a half back in China. All her friends who had been older than her are in their early twenties now...and they still don't have families. And this is leading to a great deal of very sad situations.

In China, people are not allowed to adopt unless they have no children of their own. How many people do you think do this?

Many people adopt because they feel a sense of compassion. Not because they care about their neighbors, their enemies, their Facebook friends. Just because they want to give a home to a child who would, otherwise, not have one.

There are very few countries that put their children up for foreign adoption. Most countries keep their children at home. There are nearly 200 countries. Usually there are somewhere between 6 and 10 where children can be adopted.

Do you know what all those countries have in common? Too many children.

If they had families "in their culture" who would take them, they would not be up for adoption to begin with.

"God puts the solitary into families."

Blogger L. Jagi Lamplighter Wright August 10, 2016 10:16 PM  

(I mean 6 to 10 countries that adopt internationally.)

Blogger Ian Miguel Martin August 10, 2016 10:18 PM  

The deeply sentimental and utterly conventional Christian folks who adopted me took it for granted that nurture trumps nature. They were sorely mistaken. Caveat emptor.

Blogger L. Jagi Lamplighter Wright August 10, 2016 10:21 PM  

@92

I am so sorry that things did not work out better for you. That is so sad.

But...life is not over. My daughter sometimes tells me about friends of hers who did get adopted, younger friends, who are unhappy in their new homes. I remind her that many natural born teenagers also feel that way at this point in life.

It may be that you are right about the state of your family...but it is also possible that the future will prove better than you expect.

I will definitely pray for your family!

Blogger L. Jagi Lamplighter Wright August 10, 2016 10:25 PM  

@95

Which is better? To be alone, with no one? Or to know that someone went out of their way to travel to another country just to give you a home?

Looking at my daughter's familyless friends, I can assure you...they have all the negatives you mention.

Now, I will agree that taking in an older child is a risky thing. Some just don't fit in.

The families I know, however, that adopted babies or small children, and I know many, they seem to be doing very well. Or, at least, as well as they would have otherwise.

Blogger Robert Divinity August 10, 2016 10:28 PM  

I'll venture a wild guess. Ninety-plus percent of the posters here would define "Churchian" in roughly the same way.

Yes Robert Divinity: They would define it as anyone who disagrees with them. Not a good standard, however they dress it up.

Not at all. The definition is pretty well agreed and therefore has utility, at least here.

Blogger Tom K. August 10, 2016 10:46 PM  

So they can be abused by men, too?

Intergenerational porn is very popular with gays.

Scary.

Blogger John Wright August 10, 2016 10:58 PM  

@98
"Your idea, that it is never possible, is ridiculous."

Ah. I am so glad you have successfully used your telepathic power to read my mind.

This allows you to ignore what I actually said, in order to play the strawman argument game with me.

Just pretend I said it was ALWAYS IMPOSSIBLE to deduce what others were thinking, when I very clearly and repeatedly said the opposite: that your condemnation of ALL ADOPTIONS outside of white Americans were virtue signalling.

You see, you claimed to know what my motive was for adopting my daughter. You did not say 'most' or 'often' or 'some'. You said 'all'.

I said 'not all'

You said 'not all' = 'none'

That will fool me.

"We can still deduce that you do have a flat-earth attitude toward race...."

You are a new creature: an SJW of the Alt-Right.

SJWs always lie. Check.
SJWs always double down. Check.

So who is the flatearther here? Because I presume you are also projecting your motives and thoughts on me. You are getting your ideas from somewhere, and it is not from am examination of the evidence.

Anonymous BGKB August 10, 2016 11:08 PM  

Go Fund Me has an account for another mom son sex criminals but not for people on the right.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3725551/Mother-36-son-19-fell-love-met-year-gave-adoption-baby-say-willing-risk-JAIL-defend-love.html#ixzz4Gvu74GKu%20

Tom K. Intergenerational porn is very popular with gays.

You said it yourself "fuck millennials".

Blogger John Wright August 10, 2016 11:08 PM  

@102
"Do you screw in light bulbs by holding the bulb to the fixture in the ceiling as the Earth revolves around you, John? "

Let me see if I understand how this new rule works:

So if someone insults the whole group of which I am a member, such as saying that all whites are devils, all conservatives are idiotic, or all Trump supporters are Nazis, no one in those groups dare reply or respond, on the grounds that being a member of the insulted group invalidates him to speak?

Your logic is as devastating as your wit is sharp, sir.

I suggest you answer me again by leveling yet another accusation on yet another topic. It is not only fun, it derails the conversation.

You can start by making fun of my nose, which is orotund and comical in appearance. Then you can move on to why I have a rabid weasel in my trousers. Much mirth will be had by all!

Blogger residentMoron August 10, 2016 11:15 PM  

Austin

You took that violently out of context. The explicitly noted that I don't judge. I admit that I do sometimes wonder. And of course, when people snap back in righteous indignation, it adds to the suspicion rather than subtracting from it.

Blogger John Wright August 10, 2016 11:19 PM  

@126

"Yet somehow those and many other motives can't be ascertained without telepathy yet you have come at least as close to it."

Same again. Ad hominem tu quoque. Strawman.

You see, the claim made was that he knew my motive was for adopting my daughter, because all members of the group had the same motive: Phariseeism.

He did not say 'most' or 'often' or 'some'. He said 'all'.

I said 'not all'

And now you say 'not all' = 'none'

That will fool me.

You are another Alt-Right using SJW tactics. It is hard to tell the rabbits from the wolves these days.

Blogger The Messenjah August 10, 2016 11:33 PM  

"And those who don't take care of their own are worse than an infidel."

I wonder if they beat men up with that verse during the Great Depression? No wonder some of them committed suicide. Meanwhile let's ignore what goobermint and the federal reserve do to make that so hard. How about some balance? Colossians 4:1

Blogger Andrew Taylor August 10, 2016 11:34 PM  

Indeed they will. Vox, have you seen this?
http://thecuck.gawker.com/welcome-to-gawkers-new-mens-site-the-cuck-1785101113?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_twitter&utm_source=gawker_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Blogger VFM #7634 August 11, 2016 12:10 AM  

You see, the claim made was that he knew my motive was for adopting my daughter, because all members of the group had the same motive: Phariseeism.

He did not say 'most' or 'often' or 'some'. He said 'all'.


@146 John Wright
Let me modify my statement: when I say "interracial", I mean it as a matter of degree, rather than kind.

Anyone with common sense will know that Chinese or Korean girls will be far less problematic than Africans. Or maybe even Russians, since the East Asians are usually rejected simply for being female rather than for any other problems.

In all my posts, in fact, I was talking about the deleterious effects of adopting BLACK children.

Degree, not kind. Predicated, mainly, on the potential ability to live happily in our society without causing a host of problems.

Blogger Leo Little Book in Shenzhen August 11, 2016 12:34 AM  

Nonblack-black adoption is more interspecies than interracial.

The Bible shows that there is a time to honor one's commitments to strange wives and children, and a time to send them away. Or else to depart from the congregation and go with them into exile.

This is not cruel. Man's ways are cruel.

Blogger EscapeVelocity August 11, 2016 3:07 AM  

The Cuckening continues

Blogger EscapeVelocity August 11, 2016 3:07 AM  

The Cuckening continues

Anonymous FrankNorman August 11, 2016 4:33 AM  

Some of the mindsets here... wait, do Roman Catholics really think that medical treatment for infertility is a sin?

OpenID a59a9528-b2e7-11e3-b557-000f20980440 August 11, 2016 8:39 AM  

When you "adopt" a "child" who has already reached puberty, something is up.

We call them cucks for a reason.

Blogger dc.sunsets August 11, 2016 9:26 AM  

@124 Austin,
That would explain your hostility toward adoptive parents.

Huh? I am hostile to the rosy scenario (I was raised with "The Chosen Baby" which contributes to naivete that saturates adoption), not adoptive parents. I'm a fan of going into major life decisions with more information than is extant about adoption. As I thought I implied, I'm much happier (metaphysically) that I was adopted and not aborted.

My daughter has similar accusations against me that ultimately hold me accountable for all the idiocy that happened before we can anywhere near their picture.

Talk about making an assumption. I was adopted at 6 weeks. There was no "before" my adoptive parents came into the picture. To the extent they were blind to my sister's depredations while extolling her amazing superiority (oh yes, H.S. valedictorian in a large school, becoming a physician, etc.), they own the mistakes that were made. I wasn't some foster-damaged disaster (although my sister apparently was.)

You admit you were naive, but equate it to the condition of all new parents. Trust me, I've raised kids and am watching them raise kids. Choosing adoption by definition made you more naive than people producing families via their own biology. This is the issue at which I rage. The entire concept of adoption is buried under a cloak of obfuscation intended to keep adoptive parents in ignorance.

Adoption is a good thing. It is just not the same as rearing your own biological child. The differences matter. I see endless denial of these differences (and even those who verbally acknowledge them are often lying to themselves, because if you listen closely you'll hear them reveal that they expected "their kids" to hail them as saviors, to respect them for going an extra mile, a mile that people who get the "oops, you're pregnant" message never confront. Well, that attitude, even if it's entirely submerged in the unconscious, will have effects.)

I'm glad I was adopted. My biological parents would have been a very bad scene together (although my bio father is probably worth tens of millions today.) My bio mother was quite abrasive and a typical manipulative bitch when I was conceived. But their genes were and are priceless. Their extraordinary quality surely contributes to my sons' extraordinary abilities, and I see those traits already in my grandkids.

Life's an adventure. I'm enjoying mine, and accepted certain sub-optimal conditions bequeathed by my formative years. I fulfilled my obligations, as I understood them, to my parents (both are now dead.) My comments here are not made from a foundation of dysfunction, they are based in experience and simply highlight the sea of ignorance being maintained by denial of reality by the soothsayers and SJW-like cheerleaders involved.

OpenID anonymos-coward August 11, 2016 9:29 AM  

There are nearly 200 countries. Usually there are somewhere between 6 and 10 where children can be adopted.

Do you know what all those countries have in common? Too many children.


No, what they have in common is that they have lax laws about kidnapping and human trafficking.

At the end of the day you're still buying a human being as if it is chattel. Regardless of your compassionate intent.

Blogger dc.sunsets August 11, 2016 9:47 AM  

@139 Your life is yours to live, and I honestly wish you well (as a common courtesy to a stranger) while also hoping that your family, to include your adopted daughter, enjoy long and happy lives (because a world full of happiness is better for me and mine than is its opposite.)

I am a massive fan of leading an examined life. I think this is the most likely way for people to discover and construct their own actual, personal Path of Happiness. So few people today seem to do this; they are mass-minded cogs steeping in a Pop Culture cesspool saturated in vices. They could choose differently, but they don't. This is as it must be; there will always be "The Masses."

It sounds like your family chooses a different path. All its members then, in my mind, are much more likely to travel on Happiness Path. This makes your adopted daughter a very fortunate person.

Those who are less fortunate (biological and adopted) have but two choices: Live lives of relative unhappiness or reason for themselves their own, spontaneously integrated on-ramp to Happiness Path.

This is what I did. It can be done. But part of my role as father was to help teach my sons to see that Path, to learn to navigate their lives to be on it and stay on it. So far, so good.

This life is truly an adventure.

Anonymous It's Not All About You August 11, 2016 11:30 AM  

@144
@102
"Do you screw in light bulbs by holding the bulb to the fixture in the ceiling as the Earth revolves around you, John? "


Let me see if I understand how this new rule works:

Yes, let us plumb the depths of your understanding.

So if someone insults the whole group of which I am a member, such as saying that all whites are devils, all conservatives are idiotic, or all Trump supporters are Nazis, no one in those groups dare reply or respond, on the grounds that being a member of the insulted group invalidates him to speak?

No. What's more, this is the sort of strawman I would expect from some butthurt adolescent.

The rule is simpler. Take notes if you must.

"It's not all about you."

Your logic is as devastating as your wit is sharp, sir.

"Vanity, vanity, all is vanity" - An author that you've surely never heard of from a book you've clearly never read.

Blogger VFM #7634 August 11, 2016 1:06 PM  

The rule is simpler. Take notes if you must.

"It's not all about you."


Precisely. Now, at first I was assuming, based upon his reaction, that he was one of those asses like Nick $earcy who gets all butthurt whenever someone disses his black son. And now it comes out that in the case of the Wrights, they adopted a Chinese daughter.

So I made my point about "degree", a concept which is sorely lacking in this world these days. And yes, all interracial adoption involves a greater or lesser degree of virtue-signaling. (You know who else denies that there are degrees of sin? Protestants.) So okay, let's say that there's maybe 20% of the naivete and/or virtue-signaling that would be there in the case of adopting a black kid.

But based upon his reaction, it's clear he was thinking "Chinese daughter = black kid = all races equal = I should take this personally", and based upon that, that yes, there is a certain amount of virtue-signaling involved. Especially since the effect of his jumping in and his behavior is to defend the adoption of Africans, which is what I was primarily criticizing.

I will admit I'm a bit sloppy with my words, like Donald Trump, but how people take them tells you a lot about what their attitudes are.

Anonymous Pennywise August 11, 2016 6:45 PM  

There is no Churchian enthusiasm for interracial adoption, just Christians adopting whomever they God well please. There is no debate here.

Blogger Austin Ballast August 12, 2016 1:38 AM  

L. Jagi Wright,

I appreciate your prayers. God has a plan, He just hasn't let me into all the details. Quite frustrating at times, but that is life.

dc.sunsets,

I was responding more to your accusations of adoptive parents having completely naive attitudes and such. My wife and I certainly had some of that, but we adopted older and took more problems in.

Your situation does sound different, though the one child of ours that is having the most trouble is the one who spent the least amount of time in the birth home. I suspect the older siblings telling her to ignore us caused a lot of her direction error, but she is ruining her own life quite effectively now from what I hear. Sounds a lot like your sister, unfortunately.

We didn't push the baby route, though I have read enough when we went through our challenges to find that those can fail spectacularly as well.

Two good books I would recommend anyone looking into adoption read: Adopting the Hurt Child and Parenting the Hurt Child. Our children were not that bad, but had huge issues that are covered there. Better books may be out since, but I have had no desire to keep up on that area.

I sometimes see my oldest son now, but I do not have what I thought I would when I dove in.

The toughest things in my mind is that many children have no hope, since the system will cut down good adoptive parents when they hit the struggles, so those children will often have trouble whether they get adopted or not.

I am more than slightly jaded on this however.

Blogger rycamor August 12, 2016 10:44 AM  

@159 @160

Evasion, rewording, attemped reframe...

You guys are just making fools of yourselves.

Blogger Daniel August 13, 2016 12:26 PM  

Adopting a foreign kid can all about how good you are without actually telling. He has a point. Not u

Blogger steve August 14, 2016 4:18 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger steve August 14, 2016 4:21 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts