ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2016 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Was the US behind the recent coup attempt?

There are more and more rumors floating around that the US was responsible for the recent "Gulenist" coup attempt in Turkey:
The new evidence of the US participation in the coup attempt in Turkey emerged. Greek press published a photo made a day before the coup. It shows the US ambassador in Turkey John Basse together with the Turkish senior officer, who looks like one of the leaders of the coup Col. Ali Yazıcı (former military adviser to President Erdogan). They had  a private meeting in Cengelkoy café the day before the coup.

The image demonstrates the US involvement in the coup and its close ties with a part of Turkish army, before the upheaval. Recall, that physical elimination of Erdogan was one of the goals of the coup attempt.

The next move by the Turkish government will be to ask the expulsion of the American ambassador from the country which will cause further disruption to the US and trigger process of Turkey leaving the NATO.
We'll see, but if the Turks do kick out the US ambassador, that will serve as virtual confirmation that the US was behind it. Let's face it, there is no organization more likely to be behind a coup attempt than the US government, which has overthrown more than a few governments in the last two decades alone.

Labels:

70 Comments:

Blogger Lovekraft August 07, 2016 9:20 AM  

Globalists think that they are safe. Same old tired story. Ignoring the consequences of upending tradition, rule of law, checks and balances.

These elites think that the people prefer to have depravity over accountability will keep things stable. Dead wrong.

Blogger Nick Siekierski August 07, 2016 9:22 AM  

Looks like the Obama Admin may be responsible for causing greater instability in NATO than anything Trump has ever said.

Blogger Fred August 07, 2016 9:27 AM  

This was a purge by Erdogan so he can further dismantle Kemalist Turkey.

Blogger YIH August 07, 2016 9:34 AM  

That the US had at least a hand in it doesn't surprise me.
The question is, to what end? Weaken/eliminate Erdogan or strengthen him? If the latter, it was a smashing success.
He's become the de facto dictator of Turkey, running roughshod over any perceived opposition. The Saudis are likely pleased with the outcome, and he'll be able to continue his blackmail of Europe unhindered.
If that's the case, I doubt the US Ambassador will be booted, no reason to.
The other thing that puzzled me was there didn't appear to be a clearly defined capo (with official spokesman) to this coup attempt.

Blogger James Dixon August 07, 2016 9:39 AM  

I can't for the life of me think of any reason the Obama administration would want Erdoğan out.

The only thing that argues in the favor of this incompetent crew playing a hand in the coup attempt was the fact that it was a miserable failure.

I guess a true conspiracy theorist would argue that the plan all along was for the coup to fail and thus strengthen Erdoğan's position.

Blogger Nate August 07, 2016 9:41 AM  

There best evidence that the US was behind it... is the simple fact that it failed.

Say what you want about Dubya's administration... it at least executed it terrible strategies reasonably well.

This administration is just as stupid and confused as Dubya's... but on top of that its incompetent.

Blogger allyn71 August 07, 2016 9:48 AM  

Coincidentally the coup happened right after Turkey apologized for shooting down the Russian plane in an attempt at rapprochement.

Blogger Dexter August 07, 2016 9:49 AM  

@Nate, anti-Chavez coup in Venezuela failed because Dubya was timid, incompetent.

Blogger Shimshon August 07, 2016 9:51 AM  

Steve Sailer linked to an interview with Sibel Edmunds that took place soon after the coup when rumors that Erdogan staged it were rampant. She said it had US/CIA fingerprints all over it. It was enough to make me much more skeptical of the Erdogan angle. I could only marvel then at the sheer incompetence of execution. But that's easy to address, as Nate points out.

Anonymous Philipp August 07, 2016 9:51 AM  

Regardless if the U.S. government was involved in the coup or not, I doubt that Turkey will withdraw from NATO. Why would they?

If they are not in the NATO, what happens next time they get into troubles with Russia?

Blogger Jim August 07, 2016 9:53 AM  

Let's face it, there is no organization more likely to be behind a coup attempt than the US government

I immediately though "false flag" when I heard about it. That seems to have been largely, if circumstantially confirmed. I think Erdogan himself, as an Islamic dictator, is just as likely to been behind it.

Blogger Nate August 07, 2016 9:55 AM  

"@Nate, anti-Chavez coup in Venezuela failed because Dubya was timid, incompetent."

Check the dates. I think you'll find it was less about Dubya being timid and incompetent and more about strategies and priorities radically changing.


Anonymous roo_ster August 07, 2016 9:57 AM  

Meh, an ambassador speaking with a high-ranking general is nothing solid. USA has beau coup ties with Turkey, from straight-up military to licensed production of defense articles, to any number of commercial and cultural deali-os.

That won't stop the most conspiratorially-minded folk on the planet (Turks) from spinning conspiracies, of course.

Blogger Dave August 07, 2016 9:58 AM  

I disagree strongly with his assessment. Indeed, if the coup is used as a pretext for Turkey to leave NATO and close down Incirlik, I would see that as strong evidence to the contrary.

Blogger Josh August 07, 2016 10:00 AM  

If it had actually been a Gulenist coup it would have probably been more successful.

Blogger Lazarus August 07, 2016 10:06 AM  

I am still banking on false flag Erdogan operation.

Who took the photo? Where did they meet? If it was a false flag op, the "leader" of the coup who met the US ambassador was playing a role.

Who requested the meeting?

cui bono?

Blogger Seal Of Lion August 07, 2016 10:09 AM  

Kicking out the ambassador doesn't mean anything. In theory you could kick them out with a made up excuse because they sneezed at the wrong time.

I still think Erogen knew about the coup beforehand and allowed it to happen because it was so half-a$$ed. Good excuse to launch his purge.

Blogger dc.sunsets August 07, 2016 10:09 AM  

Nate, is the incompetence because the hard leftists are more delusional, a result of the Africanization of the entire Administration or both?

Anonymous andon August 07, 2016 10:13 AM  

why would the U.S. be behind the coup attempt?

he's not sending the "migrants" to Europe fast enough?

Blogger Nick S August 07, 2016 10:15 AM  

Seal Of Lion wrote:I still think Erogen knew about the coup beforehand and allowed it to happen because it was so half-a$$ed. Good excuse to launch his purge.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn Erdogan and Obama had colluded to make it happen. There did seem to be a number of fortuitous coincidences in Erdogan's favor.

Blogger Al From Bay Shore August 07, 2016 10:15 AM  

Damn! I miss the Cold War.

Blogger Nate August 07, 2016 10:20 AM  

"Nate, is the incompetence because the hard leftists are more delusional, a result of the Africanization of the entire Administration or both?"

You can see it in the supreme court nominations. The left always goes for idealogical purity over everything else. Even over diversity.

The right doesn't do so nearly to the degree that the left does. That's why the right tends to have more competent people.. but also why the right gets bit in the ass on SCOTUS nominees.

Blogger Nick S August 07, 2016 10:21 AM  

andon wrote:why would the U.S. be behind the coup attempt?

You certainly don't believe Obama actually has the best interest of the United States at heart, do you? I hear he's been lobbying for the President of the United Nations General Assembly spot.

OpenID peppermintfrosted August 07, 2016 10:22 AM  

Turkey needs NATO to keep Russia from from crushing them. But Turkey can't tolerate NATO.

The US empire is collapsing and it's glorious.

Anonymous Fran August 07, 2016 10:24 AM  

As was stated by others on this thread, I think the only reason why Obama would be behind this coup would be because he knew it would be a failure thereby outing all opposition to the current Islamic administration so they could then purge them.

Blogger The Other Robot August 07, 2016 10:26 AM  

Erdogen is the next Hitler and the Germans should know.

Blogger J Van Stry August 07, 2016 10:29 AM  

I don't know, as the President and the State Department support Islam and Islamic leaders, I find it hard to believe that our current government would try to overthrow a muslim or an Islamic government.
I think it's more of a case of needing a big boogieman in order to rally the people against the 'other'.
Look at how often Valenzuela and Iran use it, even though our government has pretty much supported those two countries current governments for some time now.

Blogger Josh August 07, 2016 10:29 AM  

why would the U.S. be behind the coup attempt?

he's not sending the "migrants" to Europe fast enough?


Erdogen is an Islamist and the Kemalists are secular...the Gulenists are also close to the CIA...

Blogger David Power August 07, 2016 10:36 AM  

a private meeting in Cengelkoy café

A Café?

With that level of meticulous subterfuge, it's a wonder the tanks even got out of the barracks!

Given how quick and extensive the round ups where, a false flag preemptive strike still sounds more likely.

Anonymous andon August 07, 2016 10:37 AM  

You certainly don't believe Obama actually has the best interest of the United States at heart, do you?

no, just the opposite imo

Anonymous Samson J. August 07, 2016 10:59 AM  

Remember when Obama won the Peace Prize? You never hear anyone mention this anymore.

Blogger Nick S August 07, 2016 11:03 AM  

peppermintfrosted wrote:The US empire is collapsing and it's glorious.
Sure, if you like blood, gore, guts and poverty on a global scale never seen before. Coming soon to a neighborhood near you. Better get buckled in.

Blogger JWM in SD August 07, 2016 11:21 AM  

"why would the U.S. be behind the coup attempt?

he's not sending the "migrants" to Europe fast enough?"

Well, as a matter of fact, yes.

Blogger pyrrhus August 07, 2016 11:23 AM  

"Turkey needs NATO to keep Russia from from crushing them. But Turkey can't tolerate NATO."
No, Putin has no interest in more moslems or 3d worlders in general. And Russia is an important trade and tourism factor for Turkey, so Erdogan is now sucking up to Putin...

Blogger pyrrhus August 07, 2016 11:25 AM  

Indeed, it may be that Putin tipped Erdogan to the coup, given the lax security practices of Obama/Hillary regime....

Blogger Nate August 07, 2016 11:30 AM  

"Sure, if you like blood, gore, guts and poverty on a global scale never seen before. Coming soon to a neighborhood near you. Better get buckled in."

I mean I'm sure its fun to watch from a safe distance

Blogger Nick S August 07, 2016 11:53 AM  

"I mean I'm sure its fun to watch from a safe distance"

Yeah, we should've built a moon-base...while we were there...

Anonymous Trimegistus August 07, 2016 11:54 AM  

Nope. Not Obama. Why? Because there would have been media preparation if the administration was behind it. The Lefties have to be told what the proper opinion to have is. There was none of that. Obama was obviously taken by surprise like everyone else.

If there was any US involvement, it was informal, "deep state" stuff — a CIA guy assuring some coup plotter that the US wouldn't move to help Erdogan (which is true).

Remember, folks: everyone outside the US blames us for everything. We got blamed for the tsunami in India a few years ago. Don't make the liberals' mistake and assume foreigners are always right.

Blogger JaimeInTexas August 07, 2016 11:58 AM  

Who setup/asked for the meeting. It could also have been the "coup" wanting to know what these uSA position would be if the coup was successful. And this, still allow for the coup as a false flag or as a controlled event.

Blogger JaimeInTexas August 07, 2016 11:59 AM  

Controlled,meaning contained by Erdogran.

Blogger Theproductofafineeduction August 07, 2016 12:25 PM  

I'm leaning more towards a false flag given who the coup leader was. no real military leader, and how quickly Erdogan identified 3,000+ secularist military officers and judgers. Plus looks like isn't the same thing as confirmation of an identity or that this meeting could of been set up by Erdogan's cronies to provide additional "proof" that the coup was US backed.

Well see I guess.

Blogger Johnny August 07, 2016 12:28 PM  

Lots of possibilities and the only wrong opinion now is thinking you know. The only certain thing is that Erdogran is taking advantage of it, and if the EU is in working order they are planning a separation from Turkey. If current events hold up the place is going to be Erdogran's ideal of a caliphate.

Blogger Forbes August 07, 2016 12:33 PM  

I'd say, whatever the US's role, the purpose was to strengthen Erdogan's hand. Nothing could be more obvious. If that role included meeting with one of the coup leaders--so as to keep track of what was in the works (and giving a head feint to the coup), that seems likely.

Anonymous BGKB August 07, 2016 12:34 PM  

Idiotic leftists have been supporting moslem take over since the first gulf war & Bosnia.

Nate, is the incompetence because the hard leftists are more delusional, a result of the Africanization of the entire Administration or both

If Bath House Barry was behind this, then the coup failing & giving more power to moslems was the goal.

That's why the right tends to have more competent people.. but also why the right gets bit in the ass on SCOTUS nominees.

Nothing the competent right nominees say will change the vote of the "I eat a bag of Planned Parenthood Provided Prenatal Penises for breakfast" nominee

Blogger Robert Divinity August 07, 2016 12:52 PM  

Idiotic leftists have been supporting moslem take over since the first gulf war & Bosnia.

Yugoslavia represented the undeniable point where the United States, Britain, France and their pathetic lapdogs decided to put their thumbs on the scale for Muslims any time they confronted non-Muslims. Today, Sarajevo women are veiled, Kosovars pillage Orthodox holy sites, and Serbia serves as a conduit for Islamic conquest. Milosevic and his ally Saddam Hussein are dead, and Islamists have filled the void.

In the same vein, the only safe bet about recent events in Turkey is that increased Islamicization meets with indifference at best in D.C., London, and Paris. Erdogan is the big winner, in no small part due to the EU's insistence the military veto be removed from the Kemalist governing structure. If Erdogan continues the thaw with Russia, the EU and NATO very well may accommodate him even more.

Blogger Elder Son August 07, 2016 1:14 PM  

It is entirely plausible that this whole deal was set-up to purge the secularists for a more robust U.N. NGO Club of Rome Islamic State. Throwing a diplomat under the bus to save Erdogan's skin is just plausible deniability. Erdogan protests, U.S. protests. We (The Globalists) still be friends. Someone has to administer Region 7 of the Globalist Regional Empires.

And it sure as hell is not going to be military paper tiger Saudi Arabia who couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper sack.

Blogger Mountain Man August 07, 2016 1:40 PM  

The US behind the Turkish coup?
Shocked I tell you..just shocked.!

Blogger Kristophr August 07, 2016 2:19 PM  

I don't think it is a coincidence that this attempt happened after the Turkish government backtracked and made nice with Putin, after their ordered provocation ( shooting down a Russian fighter-bomber ) resulted in Russian sanctions.

Democrats are notorious for punishing anyone who leaves their plantation.

Blogger pbuxton August 07, 2016 3:52 PM  

Started under deputy Sec of State under Clinton, named to various diplomatic posts in Europe. Was apparently the Foggy Bottom rep to Dick Cheney on Europe and near East.

The U.S. Ambassador to Turkey went blonde on Instagram Thursday after the mayor of Ankara ridiculed American spokeswoman Marie Harf as a “dumb blonde.” Picture included.

Finally, when McCain threatened to withhold Bass’s nomination if he didn’t get a direct answer, Bass conceded that “It’s a drift in that direction, yes.” Also, an apparatchik married to another apparatchik.

This doesn't scream James Bond.

Blogger Theproductofafineeduction August 07, 2016 3:55 PM  

The other reason why I am skeptical is that there was an AMA on The Donald subreddit with someone who works for AMA, of course it was a throwaway account so you had to take his word, and that of the mods saying he was who he said he was.

He said that there are far fewer actual false flags than conspiracy theorists think and that in the decade or so he had only seen two that looked like credible false flags. He said that the attempted Turkish coup was one of those two. Could be misinformation by a US govt plant, or truth from someone in the NSA who hates the current global set up, up to you to decide.

Blogger JaimeInTexas August 07, 2016 4:17 PM  

If these uSA are heading towards an official position declaring that Turkey attempted genocide in Armenia, a false flag that casts a heavy suspicion on these uSA and that strenghten Erdogan grip, makes sense. Turkey now has an excuse to leave NATO. A Turkey-Russia summit with some kind of mutual non-aggression agreement and a direct communications link on the works?

Blogger ZhukovG August 07, 2016 4:30 PM  

Obama is the Neocon's house slave. He will do what he is told. The chain on his slave collar is a short one.

After Erdogan started making nice to Neocon enemy #1, Putin, they may have decided it was time for one of Turkey's occasional Kemalist coups.

After the apology letter to Russia over the shoot down, Erdogan had a face to face with Putin. There have been a couple of reports that Putin warned Erdogan that Russia's intelligence services had credible evidence that a US backed coup was imminent.

I have seen it reported that since the coup's failure Erdogan has pledged to cooperate with Russia against ISIS and that Russia will supply Turkey with discounted oil and gas.

If this, or something close to it, turns out to be true. Then, it points to a typical botched Neocon operation. Just like the Ukraine fiasco, this one is setting up to be yet another victory for Russia.

Blogger Doom August 07, 2016 4:40 PM  

Cool. Actually a failed coup, to my mind, is better... in this case. Why? Turkey out of NATO? Splendid. It also ends Turkey's shot at joining the EU... for however long that will last, unless Merkel can bulldyke her way through on that. Certainly with Hillary in the W.H., I think she could both hold power and get Turkey in, get some carpet licking between power dogs, and then get stabbed in the back by Hitlery just to show why not to give scorpions a ride. They are what they are.

Blogger frenchy August 07, 2016 4:47 PM  

It's always the Colonels.

Anonymous Millenium August 07, 2016 4:56 PM  

The coup was staged from the beginning. All the violence conveniently happens when Erdogan was safe elsewhere. If it were a real coup attempt Erdogan would have been the prime target.
Erdogan was behind it and used the coup as an excuse to surround the US base in Turkey which has nukes, for the base's protection of course. IIRC there were reports on the day about the base being attacked, later said to be false.
Erdogan, failing to take the base under the cover of the coup is now trying to pin the blame on the US in the hope he can force the Americans to try and close down the base and in doing so find a way to take their nukes before they can get them out of Turkey.

While I am sure Obama would love to give Erdogan nukes (((those))) who control Obama, while happy to flood the west with muslims, do not want muslims to have nukes lest Israel end up glowing in the dark.

Blogger Elder Son August 07, 2016 5:02 PM  

Because "Islam is Islam" Erdogan and his hundreds of thousands of Islamic ISIS supporters, is going to let Syria, and his dream of Turkey being head of the Islamic powers, is going let this all slip through his fingers. Because Putin. And one day, Incirlik Air Base, will be Putin Air Base.

Blogger Elder Son August 07, 2016 5:04 PM  

@55 Just watch Damascus.

Blogger pyrrhus August 07, 2016 5:24 PM  

@56 Hopefully!

Anonymous Eric the Red August 07, 2016 6:34 PM  

I hate these people and their endless machinations. Hate is good. Hate is the sword we use to defend those we love.

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 07, 2016 7:11 PM  

It would follow from Nate's theory that all conflict in the region is about the gas pipeline.

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 07, 2016 7:14 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 07, 2016 7:15 PM  

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if three-letter agencies were the primary actors on both sides. The US has degenerative Alzheimer's and one of the symptoms is psychosis.

Blogger LurkingPuppy August 07, 2016 8:47 PM  

Millenium wrote:Erdogan was behind it and used the coup as an excuse to surround the US base in Turkey which has nukes, for the base's protection of course. IIRC there were reports on the day about the base being attacked, later said to be false.
Don't worry, I'm totally confident that the U.S. personnel will be able to run around to all 90 of the nukes and put in the correct combination and pull the ‘command disable’ handle on each of them before the Turks get in there. And I'm totally confident that the CD mechanism will work and that merely frying all the electronics will keep the Turks from finding a way to make the bomb go boom. And that they won't be able to recover a fully working H-bomb design for later reuse from the non-electronic components of the bombs. Nothing at all to worry about with that security mechanism's design, nosiree. Blowing the nuclear components to smithereens so they're truly annoying to recover and use is totally obsolete in the current year.

Millenium wrote:While I am sure Obama would love to give Erdogan nukes
Obama might actually be sincere about wanting to do away with nuclear weapons entirely. His actions have guaranteed the opposite (no one will give up nukes and every non-trivial power will get them), but he might not give them the arming codes himself. Maybe.

Millenium wrote:(((those))) who control Obama, while happy to flood the west with muslims, do not want muslims to have nukes lest Israel end up glowing in the dark.
This doesn't explain the Iran nuclear deal though.

Anonymous GreyS August 07, 2016 8:51 PM  

A pretty poor attempt at a fake photo. And the theory is that the Colonel met with the guy, walked down the street together and sat in a cafe planning a coup while in full military dress??? LOL.

This lameness makes me think the U.S. is not involved.

Blogger Were-Puppy August 07, 2016 8:54 PM  

@38 Trimegistus

Remember, folks: everyone outside the US blames us for everything. We got blamed for the tsunami in India a few years ago. Don't make the liberals' mistake and assume foreigners are always right.
---

There were some internal liberal clowns actually accused GWB of controlling Katrina with a mouse to make sure it hit New Orleans just right.

Blogger Were-Puppy August 07, 2016 9:06 PM  

@55 Millenium

Erdogan, failing to take the base under the cover of the coup
---

Has it been proven they didn't take the base?
I've heard rumors that we are not in control of it, which sounds kind of far fetched to me.

Blogger Elder Son August 07, 2016 10:12 PM  

@58 Well, yeah. But that is not going to happen.

@60 All wars are economic wars. Turkey said nyet to Russia back in 14/15. Just follow a map between the Arabian Sea all the way to the Arctic Sea and environs there about and think economic commodities.

“We’re an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you’re studying that reality — judiciously, as you will — we’ll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that’s how things will sort out. We’re history’s actors . . . and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.” - Karl Rove

It is all more anti-Russian propaganda as we have witnessed ramped up during/after Ukraine, settled down, ramped up again when Russia went into Syria, settled down, and being ramped up again in Turkey/Russia. Heck, even Hillary is using Russia as a propaganda tool. It's all a set up. Russia, Russia, Russia, BAD, Russia. And remember, USNATO is putting anti-ballistic missiles in E. Europe to protect Russia from Iranian non-existent nuclear threat.

Blogger Elder Son August 07, 2016 10:35 PM  

State Dept. transparency: https://youtu.be/RWM8S9J_dNo

State Dept. - Russia targets civilian infrastructure and hospitals in Syria: https://youtu.be/U9xkyfv3oGk

State Dept. Trust us. Russia did it. Not our responsibility to prove that Russia did it: https://youtu.be/QTwAZOH33tU

Blogger Francis Parker Yockey August 09, 2016 12:40 AM  

It also happened not long after Erdogan agreed to meet with Assad.

Blogger Francis Parker Yockey August 09, 2016 12:45 AM  

It also happened not long after Erdogan agreed to meet with Assad.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts