ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2016 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Even unto the fifth generation

In which it is observed that immigrants, the children of immigrants, and even the great-great-grandchildren of immigrants cannot be trusted to vote in the interests of their new country. A reader comments at John Wright's site:
As a Republican who has tentatively decided not to vote for Trump (tentatively because it is foolish to bind yourself with oaths before the vote; who knows where my conscience might lead me come November?), I read the article as per your advice. I sympathize with the author, but I do not agree for the most part. I suppose I am either a fool or a conservative intellectual, because I do not believe Trump is worth trying.

The author admits that Trump is to the left of Hillary on most every issue except immigration, and immigration is quite frankly the issue I care least about. I understand the concerns of my fellow conservatives, but I am not afraid of immigrants. We are a country of immigrants: my great-great grandfather was an immigrant who came from a people and culture that many (perhaps most) Americans at the time thought was too stupid ever become proper citizens. Later they were considered dangerous, and it was said that they had come from a culture that was too radical and subversive to ever assimilate. Yet assimilate they did, and I stand here because of it. I am hesitant to close the door that my ancestors came through, and I have faith enough in assimilation and the melting pot, even if the Left does not.
Even after five generations, this particular US citizen cares less about "his" country than he does about his native identity. Because, by his own admission, he still identifies more with those who are not Americans than those who are, and is still more concerned with the well-being of those who are not Americans than those who are.

I found the statement "I am not afraid of immigrants" to be particularly fatuous. Because, of course, one high-performance immigrant from Germany is the same as 600 million immigrants from Mexico, China, or Nigeria. There is neither quantity nor quality, neither newcomer nor native, because all men are created equal.

Remember this solipsistic virtue-signaling if you're ever tempted to regret the decline and fall of the United States, or find yourself asking "why"?

Labels: ,

123 Comments:

Anonymous dagwood September 13, 2016 3:18 AM  

I think it's possible you're misdiagnosing the case. This imbecile isn't blinded by identity politics, he's blinded by sentimentality. And a lack of intellectual rigor. It's contagious, and sadly it isn't restricted. Ellis Island disease. Nietzsche had some nasty things to say about it. There used to be a swarm of ethnic "diversity" in places like New York and Philadelphia, and hey, not so bad for a few starter cities. Now it's in Kansas City and Omaha, and that's, well... a different kettle of fish, yes?

Hey, check it, I am only a third-generation American, but I have no blind spots about this stuff. Some people do, some don't, I even know Mayflower and DAR types who've drunk the Kool-Aid. It's not genetic (necessarily), it's weirder than that.

It's not like you're exactly wrong, you just need to see a bit more widely. You have a good camera here, so focus the lens a little more tightly.

Blogger Theproductofafineeduction September 13, 2016 3:24 AM  

It appears the commenters are also taking this man to task, rightly so, for giving more weight to what he believes rather than reality.

Blogger VD September 13, 2016 3:28 AM  

I think it's possible you're misdiagnosing the case.

Certainly. I thought that the fourth generation would be sufficiently assimilated, but this gentleman tends to indicate otherwise.

Blogger M Cephas September 13, 2016 3:31 AM  

I personally live in Canada, and had immigrant parents. I do not want more immigrants coming into this country, or any Western country. I do not think immigrants even really want more immigrants unless it's family relatives they want to bring over. They however do vote for candidates that want more immigrants, and a lot of them have a knee jerk response to anti-immigrant sentiment.

Even if that man does not care about immigration, everything else he cares about depends on it. Immigrants largely vote for the Democrats. They vote for abortion, or abortion candidates. They vote for more government programs and bigger government. Mass immigration displaces Western culture, causes more traffic and pollution, makes it more difficult for the working class to get jobs due to increased competition, and keeps wages low.

He might not care about getting rid of immigration, but if he doesn't start caring, he will not be able to get rid of whatever it is he does care about, as it is only a matter of time before the Republicans will never be able to out vote them.

Blogger Sherwood family September 13, 2016 3:34 AM  

Even if the "melting pot" myth was true and an unmitigated success when it comes to assimilation it should be clear to all that one of the key differences between what happened previously and what has happened today is that was a a massive restriction on immigration in the wake of WWI. We are currently on our 5th decade of massive immigration and around 60 million immigrants have entered the U.S. Without a similar period of restriction assimilation as such is wholly unlikely. Shutting the doors firmly for a comparable period would ensure that those already in the country will be given the best possible chance to assimilate. (This is based on the melting pot myth. History shows that assimilation was at best an aspiration and never panned out in reality in the way that those that push the myth would have us believe.)

Blogger John Wright September 13, 2016 3:38 AM  

The commenter lacks the intellectual rigor to address the problem facing the nation:

Anyone who believes in the Melting Pot also believes that if the pot's flame is shut off, and if Leftwing policies are deliberately interfering with the Americanization of the foreigners, then they will stay foreign.

Those who think that Americanism is genetic perhaps think that any random Brit wafted across the ocean landing in America will have respect for limited government, the rights of man, the rule of law, the free market, disestablishment of religion, etc. Well, the Anglosaxons in Britain these days have no love for any of those things.

I dismiss the theory of magic genes for the same reason Vox dismisses the theory of magic dirt.

But those of us who think Americanism can be taught to those newcomers eager to learn it, we also are driven by iron logic to the inescapable conclusion that if newcomers are taught Unamericanism then they will learn THAT instead.

Perhaps some people are genetically better able to grasp the lessons than others. Perhaps not.

But if the lesson is not being taught at all, the question of the role of genes is moot.

Vox and I may disagree on many points, but he and I must agree on this one: a cold melting pot melts no one into the American stew.

If his estimate for how many generations the melting takes differs from mine, we can argue that point later.

But when the melting pot is not melting, and the Shariah-law loving, chain-loving, slavery-loving Allah-loving goatlovers are pouring into our shores and given a vote in our elections, who in the world believes the outcome of elections will support the institution of voting? Who believes the nation will survive? Were all my fellow conservatives turning in the four alarm fire bell about the burning down of the nation just kidding?

It seems they were.

Conservatives who steadfastly refuse to vote for Trump when the only alternative is Hillary, at this point in the downfall of the republic, are indeed the addlepated traitors Vox claims all conservatives are.

(Not all are. I just wish he would stop lumping me in with my ideological enemies, or saying stupid things about me he knows or should know are not true. Even Mark Levin changed his mind: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/09/levin-im-voting-for-trump)

This has indeed been an eyeopening election as far as seeing who is serious about American survival and who is not.

Blogger Sillon Bono September 13, 2016 3:43 AM  

Civil war in France in 3...2...

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/09/12/rioting-inmates-poitiers-prison-fire/

Anonymous dagwood September 13, 2016 3:45 AM  

"I thought that the fourth generation would be sufficiently assimilated, but this gentleman tends to indicate otherwise."

Nah, you're just declining to understand me. My people have been fishermen on this continent for hundreds of years (just north of Maine is all). USN people for longer than you'd think. There's just a li'l bit of static that we haven't overcome yet, but if you're so inclined, I bet we could reach agreement. Not that you'd find it all that important.

It's all good, and Neko Case is kind of cool, wouldn't ya say?

Anonymous SciVo September 13, 2016 3:50 AM  

VD wrote:I think it's possible you're misdiagnosing the case.

Certainly. I thought that the fourth generation would be sufficiently assimilated, but this gentleman tends to indicate otherwise.


It takes less time for some, more for others:

Outwardly, most immigrant groups completed an apparent assimilation to American material culture within a couple of generations of their arrival. A second type of assimilation—an inward assimilation to and adaptation of the core cultural and psychological structure of the native population—took longer, but as third, fourth and fifth-generation immigrant families were exposed to the economic and social realities of American life, they were increasingly "americanized" on the inside as well as without.

Indeed, consider how many generations it's been for our legacy blacks. They're as assimilated as they will ever be.

Anonymous Alice De Goon September 13, 2016 3:52 AM  

When you're bombarded with pro-immigration messages since childhood, it's hard to shake free of it. Just once as a kid, I wanted to see an episode of a cartoon that did the "See? The scary foreign kid that we were all afraid of turned out to be just like us after all" plotline and had it end with the foreign kid swapping all of the other kids' bikes and skipping town.

Anonymous Jack Highlands September 13, 2016 3:53 AM  

"Later they were considered dangerous, and it was said that they had come from a culture that was too radical and subversive to ever assimilate."

That identifies the (((commenter))) right there.

And yes, it is part of the Stephen J. Gould mythology of Jewish-American identity that they were once considered stupid. But then Gould excelled at cherry-picking data, quotes and writings.

Anonymous dagwood September 13, 2016 3:54 AM  

"consider how many generations it's been for our legacy blacks"

Wins the internet for stupid.

Blogger VD September 13, 2016 4:09 AM  

Vox and I may disagree on many points, but he and I must agree on this one: a cold melting pot melts no one into the American stew.

I don't believe in the melting pot at all, I am happy to agree with you that an inoperative one will not function as imagined. Although perhaps I could agree with your stew analogy, which is not bad, as carrots remain carrots, potatoes remain potatoes, and do not become meat.

I dismiss the theory of magic genes for the same reason Vox dismisses the theory of magic dirt.

No, you don't. Because genes actually matter. Geography doesn't. You're confusing capability with outcome.

Anonymous dagwood September 13, 2016 4:10 AM  

@JCW: "The commenter lacks the intellectual rigor to address the problem facing the nation"

Nope. Look, I have a great deal of respect for you as both a thinker and an artist, so let's not get the idea that I'm being presumptuous.

But what you said is a total misunderstanding of my argument. Maybe I phrased it incorrectly (I doubt that, but nothing's impossible.) If you'd like to continue arguing the point I will oblige, but if you find it tedious (and I wouldn't blame you if did), we can let it rest, and call it peace. Cool?

Anonymous SciVo September 13, 2016 4:13 AM  

dagwood wrote:Wins the internet for stupid.

Well let's see, there is in fact a population that we have had here for centuries, that is noticeably culturally distinct despite all the time together with us. How silly do you have to be to pretend that what's in front of your face isn't there?

Blogger Sherwood family September 13, 2016 4:20 AM  

One of the difficulties is that to teach assimilation you have to have people believe that becoming an "American" has a real ideological meaning i.e. being an American is about adopting a particular worldview and set of habits.

That necessarily excludes those who do not adopt that worldview and set of habits from being Americans.

But it also means that someone has to define what the worldview of Americanism is and what the habits are.

However, since the country is divided on even relatively narrow and straight forward documents like the Constitution, it follows that defining "American" will fall to those who have the most public clout or ability to influence public perceptions.

That means the media and their version of "American" will win every time. Even if that version excludes for ideological reasons people whose ancestry goes back to Jamestown and Plymouth Rock. The Left will ultimately control the ideology and hence, the meaning of "American" and get it to mean whatever they want.

We see it now with the use of the phrase "that's not who we are". They are attempting to define other ways of viewing America and being American out of existence the same way the Left is attempting to define what it means to be "Christian" out of existence.

Anonymous dagwood September 13, 2016 4:23 AM  

"How silly do you have to be to pretend that what's in front of your face isn't there?"

I suspect that in fact we were talking about two different subjects, in two different keys. Apologies for pissing you off about something we probably are in key about.

Anonymous dagwood September 13, 2016 4:34 AM  

"Well let's see, there is in fact a population that we have had here for centuries, that is noticeably culturally distinct despite all the time together with us."

Yes, fair enough. Don't get so bothered. I was just making a point -- I guess actually more like a meta-point -- and you responded like you were taking it as a one-dimensional point. Ain't the end of the world, just a misunderstanding. Sorry to have annoyed you, the internet doesn't quite give out all the cues that personal conversation would have done. Cheers, mate.

Blogger Unknown September 13, 2016 4:38 AM  

So, like the feminist bull-teater, you find an outlier in a group of outliers and exalt it as a primary correlation? Bleah! Many first-to-fifth generation immigrants will vote Trump for the same reasons as Whitey Alt-Righty. You're starting to sound like an Italian, eating the face of anyone caught off-side on your latest pitch.

Blogger VD September 13, 2016 4:46 AM  

So, like the feminist bull-teater, you find an outlier in a group of outliers and exalt it as a primary correlation?

What is your reasoning for insisting that this is the outlier among outliers and not the norm? Are the Kennedys no longer Irish?

Anonymous Jared September 13, 2016 4:52 AM  

"Are the Kennedys no longer Irish?"

Good grief. The Kennedys haven't been Irish for about six billion years. The Kennedys aren't Irish, they're Kennedys.

Taxonomy is a useful art.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan September 13, 2016 5:05 AM  

Mr 5th Gen is potentially a great source of information maybe Mr. Wright could inquire as to who, where and the why of his magic nation

Never let a virtue signaller off easily, troll em like fish

Anonymous Shavenian September 13, 2016 5:06 AM  

The issue of being "American" or not isn't about what ideology or values. It's about -identity-.

It doesn't matter whether a cultural melting pot exists or not. It doesn't matter if you screen immigrants for how much they love the Constitution. So long as the identitarian aspect persists, the house is divided.

Right now, it only means there's a piece of paper that says you are. Big surprise Hispanics and Asians (and, once upon a time, Italians and Irish) aren't seen as part of the in-club.

Blogger Sherwood family September 13, 2016 5:18 AM  

That's my point. If you base being "American" on adoption of an ideology, then you are ceding to the Left the opportunity to define "American" and Americans going forward and it is not going to look or act anything like the historical Americans that built the country. They will be from their inception creatures of the Left. Unless on posits identity rather than ideology it will be impossible to prevent the country from drowning in a human sea sympathetic to all that we abhor in Leftist thought and action.

Blogger mjusiq September 13, 2016 5:20 AM  

Yeah - this is one of the reason for Swedens fall:

The former Swedish Prime minister Fredrik Reinfeldt, the architect behind the mass immigration is known for praisng his grand-grand-grand father, named John Hood, for being an immigrant, a mulatto which travelled around with a kind of freak-show of his own: telling people he was a cannibal, showing them "real" zulu-kaffer-negroes etc.

Reinfeldt has proudly stated that in his family its a tradidition to name the first born son, John, to praise the supposedly cannibalistic mulatto. Reinfeldt has argumentet that his own history witness for all people to see - that Sweden is a country of immigration.

The cannibal: http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/0609/29/NYHETER-29s10hood1-sep_438.jpg

The destroyer of Sweden, Reinfeldt, has also said:
"I'm proud of my Familys history, to not be a Swede."

"The original Swede - is barbaric. All achievments and prosperity have come from the outside."

This one from 2014 is indeed revealing: "Sweden belongs to those who immigrate to Sweden - not to the Swedish people."

Yep - believe or not, this is what the majority of Swedish people have sucked up to - and voted for. My ones pride neighboor country have become totally pussified by feminism, political correctness and a history of dhimmitude due to their historic system of nobility. Bow your head to the power that is. So the Swede bows as always to their new masters - the muslim horde.

Blogger American Spartan September 13, 2016 6:02 AM  

Sherwood family wrote:That's my point. If you base being "American" on adoption of an ideology, then you are ceding to the Left the opportunity to define "American" and Americans going forward and it is not going to look or act anything like the historical Americans that built the country. They will be from their inception creatures of the Left. Unless on posits identity rather than ideology it will be impossible to prevent the country from drowning in a human sea sympathetic to all that we abhor in Leftist thought and action.

posits identity, "posits"?

This....We need to make it a very well defined and limited.

Vox, you need to do more vids with Stef on the hijacking of culture, America`s Founding, etc as you do a great job and create massive numbers of people.

Also I have to ask, do you think Clinton will die before the election?

Blogger rumpole5 September 13, 2016 6:14 AM  

Close the damn door now! People foreign to English traditions and culture have caused enough damage here. I will make a slight exception for my Mom's Anabapist Germans only because their religious convictions discouraged them from voting. What is left of the USA is worth preserving as it is.

Blogger Unknown September 13, 2016 6:21 AM  

What is your reasoning for insisting that this is the outlier among outliers and not the norm?

It was more rhetoric than reason, but I'll take a stab at a half-answer, seeing it was a half-question about a half-baked assertion.

Vox's Immigrant is a strawman, the imagined norm, designed for political expedience. A þurs, a brunnmigi, a blámaðr. Trolls like these are outliers, and so is their Keeper.

Blogger Sillon Bono September 13, 2016 6:43 AM  

@18

>>> Sorry to have annoyed you, the internet doesn't quite give out all the cues that personal conversation would have done.

This, this is so common, also bear in mind to some English is not our mother tongue, expressing emotion then gets even more complicated.

OpenID basementhomebrewer September 13, 2016 6:54 AM  

I am hesitant to close the door that my ancestors came through, and I have faith enough in assimilation and the melting pot, even if the Left does not.

Not sure how your ancestors got to this country but I would suspect it is a very different "door" than is being used today. It is a false argument to assume that today's illegal immigration is in anyway similar to immigration 5 generations ago.

Blogger M Cephas September 13, 2016 6:57 AM  

Didn't the Founders essentially believe in magic dirt, if they believed simply being white was sufficient for becoming American, with no concern for the differences between the European races?

As if the Irish and the Italians are the same, as well as all the other different ethnicities amongst Europe. All capable of being true Americans. That doesn't show much concern for genetics.

Isn't the very use of the term "white" to describe Americans who were once various groups of differing Europeans, a confirmation that there is such a thing as a melting pot? It certainly implies that they've become one unified group, part of the same soup.

Anonymous p-dawg September 13, 2016 7:01 AM  

@28: I guess that's why every phone menu in the country now includes a version of "Marque uno para Espanol".

OpenID paworldandtimes September 13, 2016 7:09 AM  

Shutting the doors firmly for a comparable period would ensure that those already in the country will be given the best possible chance to assimilate. 

Assimilating post-65 immigrants is a non-starter because assimilation means imtermarriage. So assimilating Aztecs, Somalians, and Phillipinos would obliterate anything recognizable as American.

Africans have been here since Jamestown and they still haven't assimilated, precisely because of resistance to intermarriage. What little mixing happened and continues to happen, just feeds their gene pool, not ours, by the natural law of the one-drop-rule rule that separates the assimilable from the non-assimilable.

PA

Blogger Josh (the gayest thing here) September 13, 2016 7:15 AM  

Didn't the Founders essentially believe in magic dirt, if they believed simply being white was sufficient for becoming American, with no concern for the differences between the European races?

No.

They were very concerned about the German populations assimilating.

Blogger Minecraft Chuck September 13, 2016 7:25 AM  

Stupid, dangerous, and subversive? I say Irish or Italian. Both of which believe in organized crime and voting Democrat (but I repeat myself) the same way I believe in God.

Blogger Gaiseric September 13, 2016 7:47 AM  

Not to be too pedantic, but it brought me up a bit short (when I read the original article too, for that matter) the claim that Trump is to the left of Hillary on "every position except immigration." That's absurd.

Anonymous Tom September 13, 2016 7:54 AM  

As some one who is a quarter Mexican, I fully support the immediate banning of any further importation of my lazy, criminal relations, and the deportation of as many of the them as possible.

I'm only two generations removed, so what's the dealio? Why do I care about keeping America WASP? Is it because my other 3/4 are German, Scotts/English, and American Mutt?

Is it as simple as intermarriage like PA suggests? Is that all it takes?

Blogger Nate September 13, 2016 7:57 AM  

The problem is these people always think of the themselves when they think of immigrants. Like Vox says... its solipsism.

My family came here from Greece. But when someone talks to me about Immigration... I'm not thinking about Greeks. I'm thinking primarily about diaper headed suicide bombers and aztecs.

Blogger dc.sunsets September 13, 2016 8:06 AM  

A maniacally high social mood coincides with openness and trust at pathological levels...something the subject of this discussion illustrates in spades.

Not everyone is sucked in. M Cephas @4 clearly grasps that what makes his home livable is the relative dominance of those who were there before his family arrived. He understands (as do a few others) that a place that's 90% "X" and 10% "Y" is characterized by "X," but as those proportions move toward equality, "X" characteristics decline, "Y" rise, and that's bad.

Reason simply does not command most people's minds. We steep in a swamp of delusion when we believe otherwise. This is why rhetoric wins hearts and minds, and dialectic only appeals to the already converted.

Dialectic is fun; it's basically confirmation bias in action. But until social mood peals away from its 35 year vertical rise (a condition I believe is occurring albeit at a snail's pace), we'll be treated to armies of people who appear too stupid to see what's right in front of their eyes.

Blogger M Cephas September 13, 2016 8:09 AM  

@34.

Did that concern actually become official policy at any time? Were they prevented from becoming American? If not, it must not have been much of a concern.

Blogger dc.sunsets September 13, 2016 8:10 AM  

@39 Nate, yes, but if you thought 100 million Greeks were about to show up, you'd still want to build that wall.

Your family came here from Greece because they didn't want to live in Greece. Having Greece show up for a visit, and then decide to stay, would hardly be seen by you and your family as good news.

This is why I characterize the open-borders advocacy of immigrants as utterly stupid, driven by feels and social mood, not by any grasp of what happens when the land to which they fled becomes just like the land they left.

Blogger dc.sunsets September 13, 2016 8:21 AM  

Pathological trust.
Pathological openness.
Actions that state a belief in unlimited resources.
Actions that state a belief in magic dirt and magic biology.
Actions that state a belief that there is no bedrock reality (AKA postmodernism.)

All of this is a product of a social mood mania that exceeds everything in Charles Mackay's Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds. (1841)

None of us is an outside observer. We have all spent most (or all) of our adult lives in this mania. We have no reference point other than the mania. It renders us all but helpless to see the larger picture, to recognize just how warped by an historic extreme in social mood are perceptions, decisions and actions.

From personal experience I know what it's like to talk about a coming reversal vs actually dealing with it when it arrives.

When Phase Change arrives, the dysfunction and dismay it will spread to all of us, our families, friends and neighbors will exceed every forecast. Nothing can prepare us for what's coming, as I see it.

For starters, imagine being so fearful of outsiders that it will seem perfectly normal to shoot 10 year old kids trying to cross a border.

Blogger Josh (the gayest thing here) September 13, 2016 8:24 AM  

Did that concern actually become official policy at any time? Were they prevented from becoming American? If not, it must not have been much of a concern.

That's a stupid metric to determine concern.

Anonymous ReVengeance September 13, 2016 8:26 AM  

it will seem perfectly normal to shoot 10 year old kids trying to cross a border.
What's the down side of your argument?

OpenID leukosfash September 13, 2016 8:29 AM  

dc.sunsets wrote:
For starters, imagine being so fearful of outsiders that it will seem perfectly normal to shoot 10 year old kids trying to cross a border.


Wherever did you get the idea anyone is afraid of outsiders? That sounds like shitlib-speak to me.

Blogger Nate September 13, 2016 8:32 AM  

"Nate, yes, but if you thought 100 million Greeks were about to show up, you'd still want to build that wall. "

if 100 million greeks came here... I would be off to buy cheap property on the Mediterranean.

Blogger Sagramore September 13, 2016 8:38 AM  

Thought I would share this story about hiding your power level since it's on topic.

For business reasons I have to use Normiebook a lot now, and I was reading some (((SJW))) virtue signalling ('by G-d, civil rights lawyer X, you have sooooo many sexists and soggy kneed racists as followers!'). Anyway, a few days later he was lipping about the melting pot.

Now I couldn't post a link to Cuckservative, but I sent him the cover of Zangwill play. Got him thinking at least. And remembering this is really for third party normies, I may have 'educated' a few other people.

Blogger Mountain Man September 13, 2016 8:45 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Mountain Man September 13, 2016 8:47 AM  

Ive seen this in my own family.
My fathers side goes back to the Mayflower. Up until his generation, it was obvious that his family tree consisted of only fellow WASP's.
I'll talk about the need to for us to revert back to Nationalism and protecting white interests and he will listen. He doesn't always agree but he will ponder my points.

My mother , on the other hand will act as though Im blaspheming the name of Christ whenever I bring up these points.
She is a second generation immigrant who to this day really refuses to identify as American.This despite an immigrant father who refused to speak his native tongue once he came to this country . When my grandmother attempted to speak it, even in the private confines of their own home, he would say " Enough- we are Americans now - so we speak English" .
My mother seems much more interested in the culture and welfare of the country of her ancestors than the United States

One solution for this problem would be a means test for voting:
To Vote : You must be a male of white anglo descent (on your fathers side ) and physically own property.

Blogger dc.sunsets September 13, 2016 8:49 AM  

@45 if repugnance over the thought of shooting children is your definition of shitlib...

Did I err in thinking that part of the ethos of this blog is horror at the future cataclysm being embedded by the insane policies of recent years? I thought that normal people preferred an orderly, peaceful world where shooting children was always seen as morally repugnant, and that those who sowed the seeds of future conflict that would be characterized by widespread suffering (not just of ones tribe) were deemed demonic.

My bad.

FTR, fear of outsiders isn't here now, but it will be the peak of fashion once this long trend reverses.

Anonymous DissidentRight September 13, 2016 8:54 AM  

NAFGIALT?

Unassimilated Immigrants should not be given the vote. Ever.

Blogger The Reactionary September 13, 2016 8:55 AM  

The commenter at Wright's is probably a jew, which is why to the fifth generation, and to the umpteenth generation, his people won't assimilate.

Blogger Nate September 13, 2016 8:56 AM  

isn't "normie" what bronies call people who don't jack off to pony porn?

Anonymous ReVengeance September 13, 2016 8:56 AM  

Did I err in thinking that part of the ethos of this blog is horror at the future cataclysm being embedded by the insane policies of recent years?
You erred in thinking that there is one overarching ethos of this blog. More to the point, if you are unwilling to shoot juvenile invaders, then you are unwilling to repel the invasion. Being unwilling to repel an invasion makes you a traitor.

Anonymous Rollo53 September 13, 2016 8:57 AM  

"Even after five generations, this particular US citizen cares less about "his" country than he does about his native identity."

It's a short missive he's written, so reading too much into it might result in misconceptions. However, what I read is a man who identifies with his family and their experience.

More importantly, I see no reason to assume that one can't at once identify as American through and through and at the same time take sincere interest in his heritage: What did my people leave? What influences were exerted upon my ancestors. What did they bring with them from their past home. What stayed with them.

There's no getting around the fact that immigration, along with the frontier, America's geographic isolation, the founding political values and Christianity, is among the most important defining factors in America's character. Italians, greeks, chinese, German, Jews, Russians, danes, swedes, irish and english have all immigrated here for one reason or another. All with the exception of the English were said to be too foreign, too catholic, too jewish, too something to assimilate. And yet, as the writer of the comment says, assimilate they did. The fact that they remember where their people came from does not detract from the fact that assimilate they did.

Blogger Mountain Man September 13, 2016 9:00 AM  

Ahhh the resident Troll just showed up...

Anonymous Rollo53 September 13, 2016 9:01 AM  

"More to the point, if you are unwilling to shoot juvenile invaders, then you are unwilling to repel the invasion. Being unwilling to repel an invasion makes you a traitor."

I wonder if the author of this comment has dedicated himself to standing on the southern border and shooting children? My guess is not, making him a....traitor? Probbablyl.

Blogger Nate September 13, 2016 9:04 AM  

"However, what I read is a man who identifies with his family and their experience. "

Right.

Solipsism. That's what Vox said. He is viewing all issues through his own self-colored lens.

Which would be like me saying hey... my greek family came here and wanted to be americans so bad they changed their name. They refused to teach their kids to speak greek. They busted their asses to assimilate. So therefore 100 million greeks coming here would be fine.

No.

That's not fine. My family is not all families. Its not even representative of Greeks.

Blogger Mountain Man September 13, 2016 9:05 AM  

Rollo,

We understand - you're just trying to make a living.

http://consciouslifenews.com/paid-internet-shill-shadowy-groups-manipulate-internet-opinion-debate/1147073/

Its shitty work but someone has to do it !

Anonymous Rollo53 September 13, 2016 9:08 AM  

"We understand - you're just trying to make a living."

Listen Mountain man, just because you were fired for too many typos doesn't mean you should blow everyone else's cover. However, I do have a tip for you. I heard in the break room that there's an opening in Trump's campaign for a real go-getter who is willing to sit quietly and make no comment whatsoever on any issue of substance. I can give you a number if you want.

Blogger Mountain Man September 13, 2016 9:09 AM  

Spirit Within ... is that you ?

Blogger Nate September 13, 2016 9:09 AM  

ya know the left is convinced there are all these shadowy right win extremist billionaires funding things.

I dunno about y'all but I would love to be paid to troll the globo-commies.

Blogger Mountain Man September 13, 2016 9:11 AM  

Its definitely a job that sounds like it would be a lot of fun

Anonymous ReVengeance September 13, 2016 9:11 AM  

Keep signalling, Rollo. Soon your virtue will be unmatchable!

Blogger Nate September 13, 2016 9:11 AM  

"Listen Mountain man, just because you were fired for too many typos doesn't mean you should blow everyone else's cover."

***golf clap***

not bad... not bad..

Blogger Mr.MantraMan September 13, 2016 9:21 AM  

It will be women shooting children, women can rationalize anything and this virtue signaling that so flummoxes you noble intellectuals begins to hurt and harm enough of our precious white womenz they gonna want blood.

Women are cruel if not under the thumb.

Blogger Mountain Man September 13, 2016 9:27 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Mountain Man September 13, 2016 9:28 AM  

Spirit Within aka Rollo:
Are the Latin American 9's still tripping over themselves to fuck you.?
Please regale us with more of your "notes from the field" you swarthy prog- lib - you

Anonymous JAG September 13, 2016 9:33 AM  

The author admits that Trump is to the left of Hillary on most every issue except immigration, and immigration is quite frankly the issue I care least about.

I've read Trump's policy positions, and I find the claim that he is to the left of Hillary on everything except immigration to be patently absurd. This must be the doublethink needed for a cuckservative to convince himself that he is not a traitor to his nation for the sake of butt-hurt.

Oh, and Mr. Wright - Levin is only voting for Trump (or at least claiming to) because he is losing his audience. I don't believe that asshole is sincere at all. I used to be a daily listener and big fan, but my loyalty ends when I get shit on too much.

Blogger Bard September 13, 2016 9:49 AM  

Uh Nate,
How do you know the diderence between a normie vs bronie?

Blogger Bard September 13, 2016 9:50 AM  

Difference, damn phone

Blogger Bard September 13, 2016 9:50 AM  

Difference, damn phone

Anonymous ReVengeance September 13, 2016 10:03 AM  

How do you know the diderence between a normie vs bronie?
Glitter.

Blogger CM September 13, 2016 10:20 AM  

Certainly. I thought that the fourth generation would be sufficiently assimilated, but this gentleman tends to indicate otherwise.

I would expect there to be a rule that captures 95% of the pop who actively assimilates. I'm 3rd gen/5th gen depending which side you go. I don't identify as anything but American.

Perhaps becauae my ethnicity is seriously watered down and being lotal to 5 different ethnic heritages is a recipe for multi-personality disorder... how inculcated and isolationist is his family? Do they only marry people with same background?

I mean, a german christian immigrant is 98% chance to be lutheran. Will likely marry a lutheran with german ancestry, raise kids in lutheran church and schools, and raise more german, luthetan, school teaching kids...

They appear fully assimilated but there was no blending. Its like a woman's n-count. The more ethnicities in your blood, the far less loyal you are to them.

Anonymous A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents September 13, 2016 10:35 AM  

Ooooh, (((Mark Levin))) switched from #NeverTrump to #Trump?
Cool. Totally must be on the virtues of Trump's issues.

Couldn't be that watching Beck's media empirelette crash and burn motivated (((Levin))) to avoid the same fate by alienating his listener base?

Couldn't be his (((loyalty))) is to money first, and other things second? Oh, no! That couldn't be true!

Color me unimpressed.

Blogger Minecraft Chuck September 13, 2016 10:39 AM  

Pay my expenses, including court fees, and I will be happy to guard the border.

We pledge our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor in defense of this, our great nation.

I have already served in positions that required me to determine who to kill, who to let live, and who to protect.

What have you done, besides talk and criticize those with the strength to do the unpleasant but necessary? How hard are you? Have you dug up pits full of bodies, using a shovel, to document what happened? Have you taken aim at a six year old who was shooting at you with an AK47? (Let him live, btw. He couldn't hit shit. Took the gun away and watched his parents beat him bloody for losing the family gun and drawing unwanted attention.). Have you seen your friends shit, blown up, and burned? This is the future here thanks to our internal enemies on the left and cowardly fuckwits who claim to be our allies.

The Serbs had the right idea with the Muslims. America was on the wrong side of those conflicts. 'Status quo at any price' is too high a price to pay.

Blogger pyrrhus September 13, 2016 10:48 AM  

The words "violent, low IQ 3d world immigrants" cannot be repeated often enough.

Blogger pyrrhus September 13, 2016 10:56 AM  

@33 Assimilation by intermarriage works halfway decently if the two groups are comparable. Then you get Brazil, which will take a while to collapse. But intermarrying high IQ westerners with low IQ 3d worlders isn't going to happen much, and when it does you get a mid IQ 3d worlders much of the time--Idiocracy, the movie....

Blogger ZaijiaN September 13, 2016 11:27 AM  

Even though I am a direct beneficiary of legal immigration (2nd generation), I support drastic restrictions on both illegal and legal immigration. Ironic perhaps, but hardly contradictory.

Open the borders and you won’t have the same America any more- it’ll just become like the country of whatever group of immigrants that have the most will. I want to preserve the American ideal that I had growing up, and limiting foreign admixture is the only way.

For the sake of my children, and their children, and their children, I'd rather they be disenfranchised than take the bet that all immigrant progeny will be as conservatively minded as mine.

Anonymous ReadyWatchman September 13, 2016 12:17 PM  

I tuned him out as soon as I read, "who knows where my conscience will lead me by November?" Such self-indulgent hubris and vanity. That is not how a conscience works!

Blogger Josh (the gayest thing here) September 13, 2016 12:21 PM  

If you assume the 80/20 rule applies to assimilation (80% of the second generation of assimilated immigrants assimilate and 20% of unassimilated immigrants assimilate), only 46% of fifth generation immigrants are assimilated.

Blogger Titus Quinctius Cincinnatus September 13, 2016 12:22 PM  

I found the statement "I am not afraid of immigrants" to be particularly fatuous.

Actually, I'm *not* afraid of immigrants.

I'm perfectly willing to shoot them - and be shot at by them - should that time ever come.

Blogger JWM September 13, 2016 12:23 PM  

From John C Wright's comment:
"...will have respect for limited government, the rights of man, the rule of law, the free market, disestablishment of religion, etc. "
There may have been a time when people immigrated to America because they valued these concepts. That time is long passed. No one from the third world gives a rat's ass about any of this. They're here because it's easier to be poor in America than it is Somalia, Syria, or Mexico. muslims are here to colonize. Every muslim enclave is de facto a part of the ummah, and not the host country.

JWM

Blogger Josh (the gayest thing here) September 13, 2016 12:25 PM  

Slight correction, the assimilation rate for fifth gen is 43%

Blogger John Wright September 13, 2016 12:25 PM  

@13
"No, you don't. Because genes actually matter. Geography doesn't. You're confusing capability with outcome."

Yes, I do. A man with the right genes (the capacity) to learn to be an American, but who does not learn, is no American, but a traitor (see, for example, every Marxist professor in every major university).

The genes have no power by themselves, no more than the location does.

An unused potential is a cold pot.

Blogger John Wright September 13, 2016 12:29 PM  

@14

"But what you said is a total misunderstanding of my argument. ...If you'd like to continue arguing the point I will oblige, but if you find it tedious, we can let it rest, and call it peace. Cool?"

The misunderstanding is no doubt on my part. Let us shake hands, call a cease fire, and part as friends.

Anonymous A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents September 13, 2016 12:30 PM  

@85 John Wright:

Direct question: do you believe that intelligence is an inheritable trait?

Blogger pyrrhus September 13, 2016 1:01 PM  

'Cuz intelligence is in fact at least 70% heritable.....

Blogger S1AL September 13, 2016 1:06 PM  

"No, you don't. Because genes actually matter. Geography doesn't. You're confusing capability with outcome."

Which is why coastal areas are predominately liberal, regardless of ethnicity? This argument has no legs.

Blogger pyrrhus September 13, 2016 1:08 PM  

O/T 1st Amendment expression won't be "tolerated"...http://www.infowars.com/tim-kaine-the-views-of-alex-jones-the-alt-right-cannot-be-tolerated/

Blogger tublecane September 13, 2016 1:15 PM  

"who has tentatively decided not to vote for Trump (tentatively because it is foolish to bind yourself with oaths..."

This buffoon doesn't know the difference between decisions and oaths.

Immigration, by the way, is only one of the Three Biggies (as I call them), though it is most important. The others are trade and empire (or anti-empire, if you prefer). If Trump is to the left of Hillary on those, I'll eat my hat. This person has apparently been tricked into believing Invade the World and free trade are essentially rightist positions.

Blogger S1AL September 13, 2016 1:16 PM  

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/gardasil-researcher-speaks-out/

Also OT, but noteworthy.

Blogger tublecane September 13, 2016 1:22 PM  

@6-I don't know what Americanism is. If you're relying acculturation, you know what the result will be, best case scenario, based on who runs our culture. Who is in charge of the schools and the MSM?

That's if you're lucky. More likely, you'll get Rotherham.

Blogger tublecane September 13, 2016 1:32 PM  

@9-Analyses like that bother me, as they ignore that what it means to be American keeps changing. We can mouth the same words and mean opposite things. Which is to say nothing of unnatural way that nation-states like ours bind disparate elements, often through violence, that don't belong together.

Blogger tublecane September 13, 2016 1:46 PM  

@29-It is common, but I don't believe the above poster for a second. He said a comment wins the internet for stupidity and is then surprised at the reaction? Come on.

Also, the reaction wasn't as personal or emotional as he made it out to be. One defense when you're losing an argument is to backtrack by saying, "Whoa, whoa, calm down there, buddy. We're just rappin'. No need to get so personal."

Blogger Snidely Whiplash September 13, 2016 1:50 PM  

Rollo53 wrote:All with the exception of the English were said to be too foreign, too catholic, too jewish, too something to assimilate. And yet, as the writer of the comment says, assimilate they did. The fact that they remember where their people came from does not detract from the fact that assimilate they did.

No they did not. So long as they are willing to disadvantage actual Americans on the basis of their family history, they have not assimilated. So long as the memory of their great-great-great grandmother's ability to enter America is more important to them than the ability of their 17-year-old neighbor to find a job, they are not assimilated.

Blogger tublecane September 13, 2016 1:55 PM  

@31-I can't make out your argument, and anyway you're wrong about traditional Americans. If they let other Europeans in, still the WASPs were to remain in charge. They screwed that up, obviously, but Every-White an American was not the plan. When you hear them talk about the white race, just know they're mostly thinking about themselves, which means largely Englishmen. They preferred krauts and micks to blacks and reds, but that doesn't mean Irishmen were magic-dirted into Englishmen.

People aren't able to wrap their heads around the idea that you can let other people come into the country, settle, and breed, without it being for them. Because we're not all one. The U.S. isn't for everyone, even if they citizens. Hey. Irish, Germans, Dutch, etc., America's not for you!

Sorta like how elderly, infertile couples are allowed to get married. Yeah, you're married like everyone else, but marriage isn't for you. You're not why we have marriage.

Blogger tublecane September 13, 2016 2:00 PM  

@55"assimilate they did"

How do you know? Do you have enough historical knowledge to say that by the time they became true Americans, whatever that means, what it means to be an American hadn't changed? Genes aren't static, either, but culture is a whole lot more changeable.

I know that by the time the term "melting pot" arrived it certainly had. That was a deliberate plot, cooked up by the people who invented the concept, people like Walter Lippmann with their mass media. Check it out in his "Public Opinion," which oughtta be required reading.

Blogger tublecane September 13, 2016 2:06 PM  

@40-"If not, it must not have been much of a concern"

B.S.

Anonymous MRHamilton September 13, 2016 2:12 PM  

I must say, I'm quite surprised (and honored, really) to have Vox Day himself write a blog post responding to the first comment I ever made on Mr. Wright's blog. I've been silently following the Puppies for a while now, so naturally I heard a lot about you Vox, but I never expected to be addressed by you. Legitimately I am surprised: I have never before had someone take any remark of mine so seriously as to warrant it's own blog post; at least not anyone who anyone else had ever heard of. So thank you, though I feel the attention is misplaced.

Someone quoted your post in the comments on Mr. Wright's blog and I responded there; I felt that since you had given me the honor of a blog post it was the least I could do to copy that response here. And for all of you guessing the origin of my great-great grandfather I don't mind letting you know that he was a full blooded Norwegian, likely as poor as they come, landless, and probably convinced to leave Norway by a depression in the fishing market. Of course I can also thank my Scottish immigrant ancestor on my fathers side for my last name, and somewhere in the mix is French, Swedish, English, Welsh, and God only knows what else. In any case, my response is below; I'll leave it here for your loyal following to jeer and throw tomatoes at as much as their hearts and minds lead them to:

I didn't realize that being an American meant pretending that your ancestors popped full formed out of the rich Virginia soil. Or does it simply mean that one is not allowed to remember where his forefathers came from? You presume much about me to say that I care more about my "native identity" than about my own country. I am not a Scott, or a Swede, or Norwegian, or a Frenchman; I am neither English nor Welsh; I am an American. But I won't pretend that I came from nowhere. I am the son of immigrants, and I won't pretend otherwise. I am not ashamed of my heritage: are you? My great-great grandfather did a hard thing: he left behind everything he ever knew to come to a land where it was promised that hard work would be rewarded, a land where he could stand tall as a freeman instead of a tenant. He took on the task of civilizing land that was too cold and inhospitable for anyone but a poor immigrant, and he built a farm and a life in the cold Dakota prairie. And his son took on the farm after him, and his grandson fought the Nazis, and his great-grandaughter taught her children the words to the pledge of allegiance, and to show respect to the flag, and to be proud to be an American.

I will not pretend that I came over on the Mayflower, nor will I deny the chance for others to join the American experiment and build a better life for themselves and their children. Secure the border, yes, but I won't turn away any man or woman who is willing to legally come so they can call themselves Americans.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash September 13, 2016 2:27 PM  

MRHamilton wrote:I will not pretend that I came over on the Mayflower, nor will I deny the chance for others to join the American experiment and build a better life for themselves and their children. Secure the border, yes, but I won't turn away any man or woman who is willing to legally come so they can call themselves Americans.
So you are more concerned about the memory of your great-great-grandfather's immigration than the ability of your 17-year-old neighbor to find work, the ability of 25-year-old Americans to make a living, the ability of ordinary working-class Americans to live in a decent neighborhood?
5 generations and you're still more concerned about immigrants than Americans.

You know what my great-great-grandfather said? "The Irish can go to hell. They'd rather have a good master than live as free men."
And it's still true.
I never thought it about Norwegians before though.

Anonymous BigGayKoranBurner September 13, 2016 2:45 PM  

What is your reasoning for insisting that this is the outlier among outliers and not the norm?

What outlier, the commenter is stereotypically jewish?

I wonder if the author of this comment has dedicated himself to standing on the southern border and shooting children?

Would putting holes in water containers set out by idiots for illegal count?

Spirit Within aka Rollo:Are the Latin American 9's still tripping over themselves to fuck you.?

Where is the Home Depot that has wetback 9's for rent? Are there any latin American 9's in the US I thought they all stayed home as the elite in their homelands. The rulers of latin America are far lighter skinned than the US Hispanic congressional group.

isn't "normie" what bronies call people who don't jack off to pony porn?

No wonder they are for open borders, in Mexico there are more women+ male donkey shows than bibliotechs.

Anonymous JAG September 13, 2016 2:49 PM  

He's still trying to virtue signal to people who either hate him anyways, or don't give a shit in the long run.

One thing I'd curious about is if he can support that absurdist claim that other immigration, Trump is to the left of Hillary on every thing else.

Let's start off with SCOTUS appointments, and work our way from there. How are Trump's stated qualifications in a potential SCOTUS appointment to the left of Hillary's which would be more Kagans and wise Latinas.

Blogger tublecane September 13, 2016 2:51 PM  

@100-You don't know how foolish you sound. All that hard work, striving to be "American," whatever that means, and what was it all for? What does it profit a man to gain a country but lose that country's soul?

Anonymous (((fievel mousekewitz))) September 13, 2016 3:16 PM  

oy! what's with all the strong blonde (((nordics)))) trying to post on blog sites?


and GOD damnit yall...more 1rish and 1talian bashing...jesus fawk...

my ital immigrant grandfather came to america when his mother didn't want him wearing a brownshirt. they manifested destiny across the USA. ended up in the city of angels. ended up getting shipped out of SF to fight more commie gooks in korea. ended up fighting one million man chinaman charges. ended up a sergeant after battlefield promotion. HOOAH.

came home and taught woodshop to blax in inner city LA for 30 years.

please tell me how un-american he was.

also: italians never bash those other euro groups even though they could. germania, britannia, gaul, the known world, christianity for the nordics...all made possible due to ancient savage italian men.

mmm pizza.

FTJ's

Blogger Snidely Whiplash September 13, 2016 3:19 PM  

(((fievel mousekewitz))) wrote:please tell me how un-american he was

You've said literally NOTHING that would indicate any American character at all. He came to this country, lived in LA, fought the Chinese in the Korean war, and taught school. There is nothing American in any of those things, ESPECIALLY the living in LA part.

Blogger VD September 13, 2016 3:33 PM  

I will not pretend that I came over on the Mayflower, nor will I deny the chance for others to join the American experiment and build a better life for themselves and their children.

America is not an experiment. America is a nation, of which you are not a part. And you are actively contributing to the downfall of the United States, of which you are a part.

Blogger Were-Puppy September 13, 2016 3:38 PM  

@62 Nate
I dunno about y'all but I would love to be paid to troll the globo-commies.
---

Me too - Easy Money

Blogger Were-Puppy September 13, 2016 3:50 PM  

@105 (((fievel mousekewitz)))
mmm pizza.
---

All is forgiven if you open up a pizza chain that caters to Hitler Clinton and call it "Little Seizures"

Blogger Zeroh Tollrants September 13, 2016 3:59 PM  

I can agree w/that. I'm a grandmother & would have no issue patrolling the border armed, today. My family & ppl have always, and will always, come first. Period.

Blogger M Cephas September 13, 2016 4:30 PM  

@43.

Since I was talking about their actual policy of only allowing whites to be naturalized, you saying "no, they were concerned about the Germans assimilating", I thought meant some actual policy or attempt at getting a Bill passed.

If you just mean some guys somewhere were in a puff, that doesn't change the magic dirt policy of "only whites allowed".

Blogger tublecane September 13, 2016 4:55 PM  

@111-Just because they allowed them to be naturalized does not mean they thought they were being properly acculturated, that considered them true Americans on par with the Founding stock, or that they were granting them a share on running the country. Again, the country wasn't for them. WASPs were still supposed to be in charge. In fact they were, until very recently.

Blogger American Spartan September 13, 2016 5:57 PM  

Josh (the gayest thing here) wrote:Slight correction, the assimilation rate for fifth gen is 43%

Link?

Blogger SirHamster September 13, 2016 6:13 PM  

VD wrote:Certainly. I thought that the fourth generation would be sufficiently assimilated, but this gentleman tends to indicate otherwise.

Requires an assimilating culture. I bet the multi-cultural claptrap has badly retarded and even reversed assimilation.

I find it interesting that in the Bible's OT, foreigners could only join Israel after the 3rd generation - implies something about the minimum time for assimilation, in a culture that did not hinder it.

The fact that America is not Native American demonstrates the alternative to assimilation.


"I am hesitant to close the door that my ancestors came through, and I have faith enough in assimilation and the melting pot, even if the Left does not."

As a second generation, I would slam the door shut. America first.

Blogger American Spartan September 13, 2016 7:46 PM  

MRHamilton wrote:
I will not pretend that I came over on the Mayflower, nor will I deny the chance for others to join the American experiment and build a better life for themselves and their children. Secure the border, yes, but I won't turn away any man or woman who is willing to legally come so they can call themselves Americans.


And that is why you are not a real American, that you would give away your nation, culture, rights, wealth, future, and that of your and our children who have no right or claim to them.

You are proof we should have denied many others who we foolish let in.

Blogger American Spartan September 13, 2016 7:56 PM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:MRHamilton wrote:I will not pretend that I came over on the Mayflower, nor will I deny the chance for others to join the American experiment and build a better life for themselves and their children. Secure the border, yes, but I won't turn away any man or woman who is willing to legally come so they can call themselves Americans.

So you are more concerned about the memory of your great-great-grandfather's immigration than the ability of your 17-year-old neighbor to find work, the ability of 25-year-old Americans to make a living, the ability of ordinary working-class Americans to live in a decent neighborhood?

5 generations and you're still more concerned about immigrants than Americans.

You know what my great-great-grandfather said? "The Irish can go to hell. They'd rather have a good master than live as free men."

And it's still true.

I never thought it about Norwegians before though.


I think we might be related.

Either way your Great, Great, Great, Grand Father was right, those would be slaves need to be slaves in their homelands, as they will drag us down into the swamp of servitude that we have spent countless generation and fore and Founding Fathers fought to free themselves and their eternal Posterity would be free from.

We will not squander our inheritance on, or allow it to be stolen by a bunch of imported hordes who would force us into chains so they may collect a pittance at the expense of our lives, Liberty, Rights, Wealth, and Future.

Anonymous BGKB September 13, 2016 8:04 PM  

All is forgiven if you open up a pizza chain that caters to Hitler Clinton and call it "Little Seizures"

OT but funny http://stuffblackpeopledontlike.blogspot.com/2016/09/how-can-we-stop-black-people-from.html
"How Can We Stop Black People From Shooting Each Other in Indianapolis? Give Them a Free Pizza for Their Gun! "

Blogger Josh (the gayest thing here) September 13, 2016 8:48 PM  

Link?

I just created some models in excel.

The summary is that the best case scenarios will eventually stabilize at 50% assimilation

Anonymous kfg September 13, 2016 10:17 PM  

I care about other people. Perhaps rather more than is good for me.

Nonetheless, my house is my house, and what's more my home. I paid for it. I rebuilt it. I cared for it. I mow the lawn. I take out the trash so it stays a pleasant place to be, as it has been for half a century now.

If someone else has a housing problem, I commiserate. I am available for considerable good advice, and perhaps even some actual help in improving their own living conditions.

But if you want to come into my house, you ask permission first. You behave yourself while you are here, and you leave when expected, without even having to be told.

We usta call that "manners."

Blogger tublecane September 13, 2016 10:33 PM  

@114-"I bet the multi-cultural claptrap has badly retarded and even reversed assimilation"

That's how I know Nurture Conservatives (nurturecons) aren't serious. Because if culture is that important they should be fighting the "culture war" like an actual war. They should be storming the universities with guns, literally.

That's what the New Left did, because they were serious. And they run things now.

Blogger Southern Man September 14, 2016 12:07 AM  

Hmmm... I would guess that he is pretty much the same as me - fifth-generation descended from Irish immigrants, who were indeed despised by pretty much everyone. But while I take a good deal of pride in my Irish side, it doesn't make me any less an American.

Anonymous SciVo September 14, 2016 1:16 AM  

Josh (the gayest thing here) wrote:If you assume the 80/20 rule applies to assimilation (80% of the second generation of assimilated immigrants assimilate and 20% of unassimilated immigrants assimilate), only 46% of fifth generation immigrants are assimilated.

I would believe that of Muslims, since we have seen examples of their nominally-assimilated kids becoming jihadis. But is there evidence for this also being true of other heritages, or do others only become more assimilated over time?

(Just for any lurkers that might not know, the 80/20 "rule" is actually just a concept; the real numbers vary widely, depending on what you're talking about. But it's a good hypothesis to start with.)

Anonymous A Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents September 14, 2016 10:14 AM  

@87

Results as expected.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts