ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2016 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Thursday, September 08, 2016

Second Law of SJW in action

SJWs always double down.

John Scalzi ‏@scalzi
Oh and apparently, yesterday, according to leading racists, I called for the genocide of white folks! Sorry, whites. We had a good run.

John Scalzi ‏@scalzi
LOOK PEOPLE I JUST FOUND OUT I CALLED FOR WHITE GENOCIDE I DIDN'T KNOW I WOULD HAVE TO PLAN THE WHOLE THING TOO

John Scalzi ‏@scalzi 
I mean, this is my schedule today:

7am-9: Novel writing
10am: Post big idea
12pm: Phone meeting
1pm: WHITE GENOCIDE
2pm: Nap


It's packed!

But this was definitely my favorite.

John Scalzi ‏@scalzi
Just read a hilarious thread on Facebook, of people slagging an imaginary version of me. I "liked" the original post, of course.

Of course. See, when you "like" people insulting you, and when you pretend to laugh at their contempt, that totally negates it. SECRET KING WINS AGAIN! If you want to know why it's so easy to predict the behavior of SJWs like McRapey, read SJWAL.

Someone made a few alterations. I tweeted it to #BlackLivesMatter. This promises to be amusing.



UPDATE: In a comment on his own post which consists of a series of tweets concerning his humorous approach to genocide, John Scalzi would like to set a few things straight.
Since inevitably some poor humorless racist schmuck still won’t understand:

1. Hey! I’m not for genocide of any sort!

2. As such, no argument for genocide, “white” or otherwise, is an acceptable one.

3. If one were to make an argument for the genocide of white people, pointing at the existence of horrible white racist schmucks and all the horrible white racist schmucky things they do would likely be the best possible grounding for that argument.

4. However, “best” does not mean “good,”; it would still not be an acceptable argument for the genocide of white people.

5. Nor would I personally make it.

6. You dim horrible racist fucks.

And if these horrible racist schmucks are still unconvinced after that point, fuck ’em, it’s not my fault their heads are full of misfiring neurons.

With that out of the way:

a) Mallet is out and I will err on the side of Malleting.

b) If you’re planning to make this a Very Serious Thread about genocide, white or otherwise, you’re probably not going to have a good time. Likewise if you demand other people do your Racism 101 for you. May I suggest that the topics for this thread are, one, the eminently mockable concept of white genocide as thought upon by racist schmucks, two, my ineptness at it, three, pointing and laughing at racists. If you try to make it about something else you are probably not going to have a good time, and I will likely mock and/or Mallet you for it.

c) If the thread becomes tiresome early — as it might! — I may just simply close it down because I have other things to do today.

Okay, there you go. Have fun.
I don't know about you, but I can only conclude that he's racist. And a little bit rapey.

Labels: ,

92 Comments:

Blogger dc.sunsets September 08, 2016 9:37 AM  

I wonder, when this long period of fantasy ends, if meaningless people whose "celebrity" arises from nothing but their loud mouths will be treated the same way as those who were instrumental in policies that embedded white-hot rage in masses of individuals.

The signs are everywhere; otherwise normal, "vanilla-white" people exhibit evidence of hair-trigger rage operating just beneath the surface.

Today that rage is held in check. I believe it will flood out in ways unprecedented in the Modern Era once this long illusion dispels.

I'm glad I've not set myself up to be a focus of that rage.

Blogger Stan Hai September 08, 2016 9:42 AM  

I'm calling bullshit on that schedule. We all know Scalzi isn't doing any writing, nor does he have any big ideas.

Anonymous BGKB September 08, 2016 9:44 AM  

When was the last time Scalzi had a big idea? His BJ arbitrage scheme?

Anonymous Steve September 08, 2016 9:44 AM  

She's going through one of her manic phases again.

Anonymous Eduardo September 08, 2016 9:45 AM  

Only two hours of novel writing... I knew it, Rapey!!! You are slacking off!!!

Anonymous Broken Arrow September 08, 2016 9:50 AM  

@4 Bingo. He hasn't had one this outlandish in a while, but remember the good ol' days of Zero Fucks Given?

The down cycle will begin soon.

Anonymous Darth Wheatley #2415 September 08, 2016 9:52 AM  

There once was a guy called McRapey
Whose writing rang hollow and fakey
He hated white cultures
And called them all vultures
Yet thinking he's special snowflakey

Anonymous Bob Issa September 08, 2016 9:55 AM  

Curious:

He plans for white genocide at 1pm and then the
non-aggression principle (nap) at 2pm.

Anonymous VFM #6306 September 08, 2016 9:58 AM  

BJ Arbitrage is John Scalzi's porn name, BGKB.

Blogger #7139 September 08, 2016 9:58 AM  

... I DIDN'T KNOW I WOULD HAVE TO PLAN THE WHOLE THING TOO

Scalzi is a very strange individual.

Blogger YIH September 08, 2016 10:01 AM  

of people slagging an imaginary version of me.
Ain't the real thing bad enough?

Anonymous Eduardo September 08, 2016 10:05 AM  

It is part of his give no F's gimmick, Bob.

But what is really funny is that Scalzi is perhaps the greatest reader of Vox Day in the world... Don't sign any autographs in the street, or he will John Lennon you.

@Broken Arrow

Well you know Race, Sex and... His Rep are triggers to him. Throw him some rep-killing comments and just like Shao Khan's Hammer he comes with a vengeance.

Anonymous Harsh September 08, 2016 10:05 AM  

Vox went from minor racist to leading racist. Is that considered a promotion?

Blogger Student in Blue September 08, 2016 10:05 AM  

@YIH

Gamma delusion bubble. Despite it being reality, the gamma changes it, and will continue changing it, so that any negative comment is about an imaginary version of him.

a.k.a., "that ain't me, bro!"

Blogger Rabbi B September 08, 2016 10:11 AM  

In the mouth of a fool is a rod of pride ... he is hotheaded, and yet feels secure. (Proverbs 14)

What a sad, strange, little man.

Anonymous Sagramore September 08, 2016 10:18 AM  

Put on your Cosby sweater and watch Oprah, Johnny.

Blogger Verne September 08, 2016 10:24 AM  

I do believe that John Scalz claims he does not read what you write. Yet he responds instantly to what you write.

Blogger Happy Housewife September 08, 2016 10:25 AM  

We all know he checks this site - and the comments - every day. Just get a Chris Matthews tingle every time VD mentions him.

Anonymous Longtime Lurker September 08, 2016 10:29 AM  

What exactly is Scalzi's point? That he's more interested in killing time than he is in killing white folks? He's mailing it in. Must be the novel or something.

Blogger David The Good September 08, 2016 10:31 AM  

He really does seem to have a wonderful time, every day. Such a happy, funny, secure guy.

Blogger Undocumented Pharmacist September 08, 2016 10:35 AM  

OT: I didn't know that Bill Burr died last week. Or, at least he's dead to me now. Too bad. I really enjoyed his work for a bit there.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/real-sports/nfl/comedian-bill-burr-nailed-it-with-his-colin-kaepernick-rant/

Blogger Rabbi B September 08, 2016 10:39 AM  

He really does seem to have a wonderful time, every day.

He has the best times. Everyone says so.

Anonymous Darth Wheatley #2415 September 08, 2016 10:42 AM  

There once was a manlet named Scalzi
Who acted like he had no ballzi
Despite subterfuge
His pageviews were "huge"
And totally not made up at allzi

Anonymous kfg September 08, 2016 10:43 AM  

Lawn's are the invention of the white nobility, in part because they are a gross display of conspicuous consumption.

The bigger your lawn, the higher the class and white privilege.

Why should I be listening to the babblings of such an arrogant, rubbing his privilege in the face of the oppressed and minorities, shitlords?

Blogger DBSFF September 08, 2016 10:43 AM  

He naps? Low energy! Maybe that's why he can't push out his books.

Blogger tweell September 08, 2016 10:44 AM  

PNH needs to see this schedule. Only two hours of writing when Scalzi's late on his multi-million dollar multiple book contract!

Blogger swiftfoxmark2 September 08, 2016 10:48 AM  

And yet, that white man apparently has too much to live for despite his desire to eliminate all white people from Earth.

Anonymous Sazerac September 08, 2016 10:55 AM  

I went to school with a guy that reminds me of Scalzi so much, from looks to mannerisms to anti dudebro secret king attitude. Scalzi is like an older semi successful version of him.

The guy was mocked at school, not horribly but people knew he would react in a funny way so they kept on doing it. He was basically an omega for the girls and he ended up a neck beard.

The rumour I heard later on was he lost his virginity in a 3way with a fat sjw type woman and another neck beard.

Anonymous Jon Bromfield September 08, 2016 10:57 AM  

I managed to get a page from Scalzi's latest ripoff:

ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JOHN A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JOHN A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JOHN A DULL BOY.

"ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JOHN A DULL BOY."
"ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JOHN A DULL BOY.

ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JOHN A DULL BOYALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JOHN A DULL BOYALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JOHN A DULL BOYALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JOHN A DULL BOYALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JOHN A DULL BOYALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JOHN A DULL BOYALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JOHN A DULL BOYALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JOHN A DULL BOY....

Blogger Bard September 08, 2016 11:03 AM  

Closet homo

Anonymous Difster September 08, 2016 11:05 AM  

Scalzi's secret plan for white genocide is to get us all to wear red shirts.

Anonymous JAG September 08, 2016 11:07 AM  

I am still amazed at just how few fucks Scalzi continues to give.

I am also saddened at his continued refusal to not be KKK racist, and give most of his net worth to the African-American community, particularly the water bills that need paying in Detroit.

Blogger VD September 08, 2016 11:07 AM  

He really does seem to have a wonderful time, every day. Such a happy, funny, secure guy.

So thankful, really, so blessed. And so talented too!

Blogger Leo Littlebook in Shenzhen September 08, 2016 11:07 AM  

Ask him whether he plans to finish his novel before or after fathering 2.1 children.

Anonymous Sazerac September 08, 2016 11:16 AM  

Thinking back to that magazine yesterday I think there is a Scalzi potential issue. Could have a cover photo of him kneeling to some woman. With interesting articles such as:

Weight Training with girls: Can they lift more than you, gender is a construct

Supplication: Is it better to get on one knee or two

How to expand you imagination: When stuck inside a school locker

On his highly original new book: Dudebros always lie. Taking down the Alt-Right

Diversity is our strength: I once flew over Somalia and I eat Mongolian Lamb

E-marketing success: huh? Oh just be the first to reply to your own blog posts

Where you inspired by Star Trek? Sorry never heard of it

Scalzi has a question for us: Hey any chance you guys know how to write a manuscript?

Anonymous wEz September 08, 2016 11:16 AM  

3-4pm Brainstorming with daughter on next bestiality encounter.

Blogger flyingtiger September 08, 2016 11:22 AM  

Scarzi only devotes one hour a day to white genocide. White people are safe.
I never thought our enemies were so lazy. Genicide is a 24/7 activity.

Blogger James Dixon September 08, 2016 11:27 AM  

> Ask him whether he plans to finish his novel before or after fathering 2.1 children.

How can father more children with "Zero Fucks Given"?

OpenID denektenorsk September 08, 2016 11:29 AM  

Master, are you like Voldemort? If Scalzi mentions your name you shall appear? At least he called you a raciss so that should give you pause, I expect.

Blogger VD September 08, 2016 11:31 AM  

Master, are you like Voldemort? If Scalzi mentions your name you shall appear? At least he called you a raciss so that should give you pause, I expect.

I'm not so easily manipulated. Speak my name and a Vile Faceless Minion appears in my place.

Blogger dh September 08, 2016 11:32 AM  

He's pretty damn close to ignoring you out of existence. Any day now, you will be nothing. Ignored to dust. A terrible way to go.

Blogger VFM #7634 September 08, 2016 11:49 AM  

Can't help but notice Scalzi's avatar: him going crazy with the Mallet of Loving Correction.

Blogger The Other Robot September 08, 2016 11:53 AM  

It's almost as if Scalzi does not understand the possibilities inherent in this internet thing nor the potential consequences of his actions.

Blogger Feather Blade September 08, 2016 11:58 AM  

Isn't all of this response just "agree and amplify"?

Blogger Mountain Man September 08, 2016 12:00 PM  

You do appear to live rent free inside this Scalzi guys head. Every time you mention his name in your blog he seems to respond with a rebuttal in less than 8 hours. Its fast becoming a pavlovian response of sorts.

Anonymous Darth Wheatley #2415 September 08, 2016 12:03 PM  

There once was a writer named Scalzi
Who acted like he had no ballzi
Despite subterfuge
His pageviews were "yuge"
And totally not made up at allzi

Blogger haus frau September 08, 2016 12:07 PM  

My theory: John Scalzi's latest novel, a fantasy about being a bottom in an ISIS prison....in space.

Blogger Were-Puppy September 08, 2016 12:08 PM  

Notice in his schedule, very little of it is spent writing.

Blogger mjusiq September 08, 2016 12:13 PM  

Anyone - please direct me to info about what a "secret king" symbolize. I've spend an hour - using Google - ending up at Alpha Game and more - but I'm yet slightly confused. Thank you.

Blogger kh123 September 08, 2016 12:15 PM  

@34

"Diversity is our strength: I once flew over Somalia while eating Mongolian Lamb.

Busy schedule, remember. Gotta pack it all in before that 2 hours of writing saps one's strength.

Blogger kh123 September 08, 2016 12:21 PM  

...Which brings up the question, maybe another byline for the magazine cover: Shake The Midewest Dust From Your Feet: Can tikkun olam be performed while in flight from NY to LA? Al Gore reports.

Blogger Gaiseric September 08, 2016 12:34 PM  

Feather Blade wrote:Isn't all of this response just "agree and amplify"?
No.

Blogger VD September 08, 2016 12:37 PM  

Anyone - please direct me to info about what a "secret king" symbolize.

A "secret king" is a Gamma male. Read about Gamma at Alpha Game for more information.

Blogger VD September 08, 2016 12:38 PM  

Isn't all of this response just "agree and amplify"?

It's an attempt. But it doesn't work when you're feigning indifference and amusement. And it doesn't work on men above the rank of Gamma.

Blogger Fatherless September 08, 2016 12:41 PM  

The secret king believes he is great and all evidence to the contrary is simply proof that people don't recognize his greatness. Those people simply don't have the tools to recognize greatness, but he does, because he's great.

He never fails either, because that would mean he's not great. Everything is reinterpreted as a victory. Not in the "learning from my mistakes way" either. More in the "that's what I intended all along but never said so" way.

To minimize the impact the world has in his sense greatness, he builds his ego around the positions he takes. A criticism of his opinion is always taken as a full on assault on his identity. Over time, he drives away anyone who could ever help him improve by pointing out his flaws. He loses the ability to learn from the world around him and becomes very fragile to it, going in endless cycles of rage and smugness.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash September 08, 2016 1:03 PM  

VD wrote:I'm not so easily manipulated. Speak my name and a Vile Faceless Minion appears in my place.

So much the sadder for him. The Dark Lord might grant mercy, if it suited his purpose.

Blogger Bard September 08, 2016 1:06 PM  

Wow fatherless, that was quite excellent.

Blogger Bard September 08, 2016 1:08 PM  

And a nod to #2413 for such epic poetry.

Blogger Bard September 08, 2016 1:09 PM  

#2415, sorry. You all look alike

Anonymous Darth Beatnik #2415 *snaps* September 08, 2016 1:16 PM  

Bard wrote:#2415, sorry. You all look alike

Understood. That's what the "Faceless" in VFM stands for. Glad you liked it!

OT: I hate the captcha thingie. Brave hates it even more.

Blogger David The Good September 08, 2016 1:44 PM  

I really enjoy the Scalzi posts.

Anonymous WinstonWebb September 08, 2016 1:54 PM  

I would not blame a casual observer for believing that Scalzi is nothing more than a strawman sockpuppet created by His Darkness.

Blogger bob k. mando September 08, 2016 2:25 PM  

61. WinstonWebb September 08, 2016 1:54 PM
I would not blame a casual observer for believing that Scalzi is nothing more than a strawman sockpuppet created by His Darkness.



nah. Voxian sock puppets actually produce on a somewhat regular basis.

hey Johnny, how's that book coming?

Anonymous VFM #6306 September 08, 2016 2:33 PM  

There once was a liar named Scalzi
Hated Blacks so he shook with a palsy
Called for White Genocide
As his readership died
Just as his career hit the wallsy.

McRapey's Cal lawn turned quite brown
He's racist, so he got out of town
Moved to WhiteBread, Ohio
Said, "I hope you all die-o!"
Then watched Amazon rank plummet down.

John Scalzi's great foe lived across sea
So he was left to tweet out "He's a Nazi!"
"He's a red Mexican
And I'll whip him again,
Just as soon as I prove him Caucasi!"

Anonymous Hezekiah Garrett September 08, 2016 2:42 PM  

I'm sick of reading jokes at Scalzi's expense on the internet*. But they have positively done their job . How can he be so blind as to not see how his attitude makes even blanket-asses shout, tourretes-like, the 14 words?

*Tongue in cheek, by all means keep it coming. All praise Kek!!!

Anonymous A.B. Prosper September 08, 2016 2:45 PM  

VD wrote:Master, are you like Voldemort? If Scalzi mentions your name you shall appear? At least he called you a raciss so that should give you pause, I expect.

I'm not so easily manipulated. Speak my name and a Vile Faceless Minion appears in my place.


Yours is truly a fell name.

I've been wanting a good place to share this so here goes.

I went to a music festival/ fair thing.

While there I stopped to chat with a couple of authors. Nice gals, making headway in the young Urban Fantasy market

We were talking books and media and such and I intentionally mentioned Castalia House in a favorable light

Whoo boy.

Just as I suspected the publisher who was there , name not relevant and i put it out of my head anyway was a rabbit, mind you not the worst I've seen maybe even salvageable but a rabbit with SJW leanings. Inclusiveness ugh.

As you might guess he was ignorant on the classics, a little childish and also possibly a liar, the later was re: Tingle and his nomination being accepted. He said by Brianna Wu but apparently it was Zoe Quinn

In fairness given this guy almost seemed human this might have been a honest mistake on his part , not a lie . Maybe,

Even so I suspected at the time myself it was a rhetorical rabbit trap re: trans people or something. Knowing that I didn't fall for it.

We got into it for quite a while but being well schooled on his lot I knew what to expect how he'd react and even had a plan in case he complained to the fair authorities.

He didn't. It was a pretty laid back time anyway and being 97.5% White safe and orderly.

In any case just as we all knew SJW's take things personally , you were the subject of this guys entire stock of hate for some reason t Also as always are pretty damned ignorant, always lie and are moral children. This guy seemed to think the Hugo's belong to them and while he vaguely understands the idea of a commons, we had a so-so chat on the idea I don't think he really got it.

Also this guy tended to call you Teddy or Teddy Beale a lot , I guess hoping to demean you. Honestly it sounded like Middle School to me.

Anyway the argument was fun and educational and I got to try out the principles in a low consequence way. Heck he even apologized to me at the end though his "You may have broken Warren Law glare! was hilarious, had I been a rabbit I might have even been scared. A little, maybe.

Anyway IRL, the ideas work. So does maintaining a masculine frame but that's another story

One last thing, it was super nice to see someone exhorting White people to have children to be fertile and the audience, young White and decent looking liking it a lot

I wouldn't be surprised if a baby , people were planning anyway or two came of it

Anonymous Spartacus xxxxx September 08, 2016 3:15 PM  

John Scalzi ‏@scalzi 23h23 hours ago
@knights_of_west So you're saying that because whites appear to have a dominant gene for being assholes, that makes us superior? Do go on.

There is a self-loathing about the Gamma. This is also an extremely racist statement. And there's the anal/excremental thing again!

Scalzi may not give a fuck but he certainly gives a shit.

Fatherless wrote:He never fails either, because that would mean he's not great. Everything is reinterpreted as a victory. Not in the "learning from my mistakes way" either. More in the "that's what I intended all along but never said so" way.

And, ergo & therefore & like clockwork, he walks it back, CAPITALIZING ALL THE WAY like amateur writers do-

John Scalzi ‏@scalzi 2h2 hours ago
You know what? Just forget it. I didn't even ASK to be put in charge of this white genocide but I MADE AN EFFORT. You all let me DOWN.

John Scalzi ‏@scalzi 1h
In case you missed my attempts to administer the white genocide I never even asked to run, the whole saga is here: http://whatever.scalzi.com/2016/09/08/in-which-i-turn-out-to-be-a-surprisingly-poor-agent-of-white-genocide/

Methinks Secret King is SECRETLY thrown off balance.

Blogger Cataline Sergius September 08, 2016 3:27 PM  

@Vox

Subj: Your Nemesis

Look Baby, it's career intervention time. Only one of you guys is moving ahead and it ain't Scalzi. He's yesterday's Social Justice news and that is the truth of it.

I know you guys go back a long way and I know it's hard to hear but John is just holding you back at this point. And the fact is you know it too. I mean look at him. The guy is just so fucking White.

Now we've been looking at a new nemesis for you, N. K. Jemisin. We know you like her work and...

OpenID malcolmthecynic September 08, 2016 3:32 PM  

I don't know what it is, but it's truly amazing and a little alarming to see the difference between people faking amusement and people actually amused.

Never once did I ever get the impression Vox was lying when he said some insult or another just amused him. I get that impression with Scalzi every time.

Maybe he's not great at writing fiction.

He'd do well to just be honest, even if it means admitting he's pissed.

Blogger Fatherless September 08, 2016 3:46 PM  

Paraphrasing my understanding of Vox's secret ki, which is easy because I know a few like that in real life.
I recognized the phenomenon before I discovered VP.

Blogger Bard September 08, 2016 5:14 PM  

Scalzi's new short story: Brown Shorts

Blogger Cluebat Vanexodar September 08, 2016 5:35 PM  

Very well played. I approve of all such shenanigans.

Anonymous Jon Bromfield September 08, 2016 5:41 PM  

Meanwhile, in the Macmillan Building in New York, an anguished elderly man's voice is heard:

"We paid this idiot how much?!"

Blogger ace September 08, 2016 6:27 PM  

There once was a Scalzi who cried,
"Oh why can't all Whites just die!"
When his neck hit the noose
he dropped his last deuce
and it ran all the way down his thigh.

Blogger Cecil Henry September 08, 2016 6:46 PM  

Not for White Genocide eh John??

So do you support:

Africa for Africans, Asia for Asians, White countries for Everyone


And what do you object to in the 14 words????

Come on John. Take a stand!!!

Blogger tublecane September 08, 2016 7:12 PM  

Why do people bother explaining or justifying jokes? If you have to explain a joke life is not worth living. Unless you can say one or a few words, and the listener immediately says, "Oh, I get it."

Otherwise, it's like apologizing in SJWsAL. Don't.

Blogger tublecane September 08, 2016 7:33 PM  

@49-I'm just guessing, because I don't actually know the origin. But I always imagine it as the cliche in fantasy literature, when the lowly shepherd boy turns out to have royal blood, and he's the only one that can lift a sword from a stone, or whatever.

Secret kings act as if it will be revealed one day that they have the natural right to rule.

Therefore, everything they do in the meantime is good and true, somehow. We don't know how; it's a secret. All who oppose them are wrong, somehow. Why don't know how, but we know they are wrong, because secret king.

Blogger tublecane September 08, 2016 7:39 PM  

@69-It's not a subtle difference. You don't believe Scalzi because he's incredible. Like the difference between a live, human child and a Raggedy Ann doll.

Anonymous BGKB September 08, 2016 7:49 PM  

If one were to make an argument for the genocide of white people, pointing at the existence of horrible white racist schmucks and

Someone needs to show him the Dept of Justice crimes broken down by race.

And if these horrible racist schmucks are still unconvinced after that point, fuck ’em

Can I use his arbitrage system to get someone better?

Blogger GFR September 08, 2016 7:52 PM  

"1. Hey! I’m not for genocide of any sort!"
.
Priceless...

Blogger GFR September 08, 2016 7:53 PM  

"1. Hey! I’m not for genocide of any sort!"
.
Priceless...

Blogger rcocean September 08, 2016 9:21 PM  

Once you get past a certain age, the "teen-age" snark is rather pathetic. But I think Scalzi really missed his true calling. America TV used to always have at least one sitcom with a sassy little kid who made snarky remarks to the adults that were Haha hilarious (if you 12 y/o). Scalzi would be the PERFECT Writer for that kid.

Blogger rcocean September 08, 2016 9:23 PM  

Seriously, I read the guy on twitter and his blog and I often wonder "what kind of moron finds him smart or funny?" He just snarks and then writes variations on the snark. I wish the entire Left-wing was as dumb as Scalzi.

Blogger Thucydides September 08, 2016 10:20 PM  

I know any publicity is supposed to good publicity, but I'm not sure that Scalzi is doing it right......

Anonymous Alice De Goon September 08, 2016 11:31 PM  

OT: I didn't know that Bill Burr died last week. Or, at least he's dead to me now. Too bad. I really enjoyed his work for a bit there.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/real-sports/nfl/comedian-bill-burr-nailed-it-with-his-colin-kaepernick-rant/


You can probably blame his sassy black wife for his recent cuckening. King Solomon was a pretty based guy too at one time, until his 300 foreign wives started nagging to him about how "Assyrian Lives Matter" and all that kind of shit.

Anonymous Spartacus xxxxx September 08, 2016 11:46 PM  

rcocean wrote:I wish the entire Left-wing was as dumb as Scalzi.

Thanks. Now I have a dream.

Blogger SciVo September 09, 2016 2:04 AM  

tublecane wrote:I'm just guessing, because I don't actually know the origin. But I always imagine it as the cliche in fantasy literature, when the lowly shepherd boy turns out to have royal blood, and he's the only one that can lift a sword from a stone, or whatever.

I believe I can speak with some authority on this subject, having slowly worked my up from omega to delta I think. And the gamma phase is essentially ego as spaceship, no tether or grounding.

At its best, gamma is self-respect and faking it until you make it. But what sets it apart is an alpha-like pride, a sigma-like disregard for social norms, a beta-like irresponsibility, a delta-like competence, and an omega-like social insecurity.

The cure is to bring as much as possible in line with delta norms, because that's a perfectly healthy and achievable trait set. But it takes humility, such as recognizing that the average ordinary everyday delta is so amazing that it's actually a compliment to be compared to one. So gamma is a cognitive-behavioral gravity well, like any other addiction or narcissism.

Anonymous SciVo September 09, 2016 2:57 AM  

dc.sunsets wrote:I wonder, when this long period of fantasy ends, if meaningless people whose "celebrity" arises from nothing but their loud mouths will be treated the same way as those who were instrumental in policies that embedded white-hot rage in masses of individuals.

Fareed Zakaria should seriously consider going home. When he exulted over white male suicide, I looked up whether he was on my side of the continent or not. (Not.)

If you mean people even more meaningless than him, probably safe, except for maybe being excluded from local production exchange networks. Depending where they live, if a critical link likes them, they might totally be okay (as unfair as that sounds).

Blogger SciVo September 09, 2016 3:17 AM  

Sazerac wrote:The rumour I heard later on was he lost his virginity in a 3way with a fat sjw type woman and another neck beard.

Some people are like slinkies: they aren't really worth anything, but it's funny when they fall down stairs. Sad but true.

I know that's unkind, but I'm focused right now on rejecting untruth. I'll focus later on being nice, when Truth is ubiquitous.

Blogger SciVo September 09, 2016 3:34 AM  

A.B. Prosper wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if a baby , people were planning anyway or two came of it

I'm consistently pro-natal, and I've overheard my regular bartenders warn newbies that there's apparently something in the water. They spend a lot of time pregnant, and while I'm not directly responsible, I think mere endorsement -- "babies are awesome, and so are you, so you should have more" -- has an effect on people.

Blogger SciVo September 09, 2016 3:49 AM  

And I take full responsibility if that last comment of mine causes a Vox Popoli baby boom, because babies are awesome, and so are you. So you should have more.

Anonymous Darth Beatnik *snap* #2415 September 09, 2016 7:59 AM  

One more for posterity:

There once was a loser named Scalzi
Who could never do anything ballsy
Couldn't write under duress
But looked good in a dress
And snuck into the best-seller hallzi

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts