ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2016 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

The theft of identity

As SJWs continue to double-down, again and again, we have now officially reached the point where being an X who is writing about a Y protagonist, or dabbling in Y culture, is now committing cultural appropriation, identity theft, and white supremacy.
It’s not always OK if a white guy writes the story of a Nigerian woman because the actual Nigerian woman can’t get published or reviewed to begin with. It’s not always OK if a straight white woman writes the story of a queer Indigenous man, because when was the last time you heard a queer Indigenous man tell his own story? How is it that said straight white woman will profit from an experience that is not hers, and those with the actual experience never be provided the opportunity? It’s not always OK for a person with the privilege of education and wealth to write the story of a young Indigenous man, filtering the experience of the latter through their own skewed and biased lens, telling a story that likely reinforces an existing narrative which only serves to entrench a disadvantage they need never experience.

I can’t speak for the LGBTQI community, those who are neuro-different or people with disabilities, but that’s also the point. I don’t speak for them, and should allow for their voices and experiences to be heard and legitimised.

So access – or lack thereof – is one piece.

But there is a bigger and broader issue, one that, for me, is more emotive. Cultural appropriation is a “thing”, because of our histories. The history of colonisation, where everything was taken from a people, the world over. Land, wealth, dignity … and now identity is to be taken as well?

In making light of the need to hold onto any vestige of identity, Shriver completely disregards not only history, but current reality. The reality is that those from marginalised groups, even today, do not get the luxury of defining their own place in a norm that is profoundly white, straight and, often, patriarchal. And in demanding that the right to identity should be given up, Shriver epitomised the kind of attitude that led to the normalisation of imperialist, colonial rule: “I want this, and therefore I shall take it.”

The attitude drips of racial supremacy, and the implication is clear: “I don’t care what you deem is important or sacred. I want to do with it what I will. Your experience is simply a tool for me to use, because you are less human than me. You are less than human…”

That was the message I received loud and clear.
You all know what this means, don't you? In light of all their demands for more stories about People of Color, SF-SJWs ARE THE REAL RACISTS!

Labels: ,

93 Comments:

Anonymous Jeremy September 11, 2016 4:55 AM  

I read this yesterday and noted a couple of things: the Graun closed the comments thread very quickly. (Within about five hours, I think.) This is because the vast majority of them were, not unreasonably, negative with a good number of them pointing out that Shakespeare was an unabashed and very successful 'cultural appropriator' and that the writer should stop wearing her offense like some perverse badge of honour. The voices of concerned like-minded special snowflakes were, by contrast, very few. (This didn't stop the Graun's comments mods picking three or four them as their 'Editor's Picks', of course.) All of which is rather encouraging. The logical absurdities of the SJW positions are now pretty much fully exposed for what they are. And the complicity of the 'liberal' press in promoting them as 'truth' is also pretty much fully exposed. Onwards and upwards!

Blogger Unknown September 11, 2016 4:59 AM  

OT: I thought this might be of interest. Seems like culture does matter, after all.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/10/traditions-such-as-christmas-celebrations-will-die-out-unless-pe/

Anonymous Jeremy September 11, 2016 5:00 AM  

Sorry. That was me, posting a little too hastily.

Blogger Fenris Wulf September 11, 2016 5:02 AM  

From the article; "The stench of privilege hung heavy in the air." This is verging on self-parody.

Blogger Matt September 11, 2016 5:05 AM  

It's totally NOT OK.

Blogger Leo Littlebook in Shenzhen September 11, 2016 5:07 AM  

"As Lionel Shriver made light of identity, I had no choice but to walk out on her"

So glad the Left has finally decided to stop belittling white identity. White people have so much to be proud of, it's difficult to think of anything left over for the other races. Literally peanuts.

Anonymous Joe S. Walker September 11, 2016 5:11 AM  

I don't know what's worst about that piece, the priggishness, the vanity ("hundreds of people were looking at ME, because I was so offended") or just the awful writing.

Blogger S. Thermite September 11, 2016 5:15 AM  

I'm conflicted (heh) about this. On one hand, the writer is appropriating culture simply by speaking and writing in English and using it to influence whites. Her place, it seems, is in Sudan yet for some reason she hasn't moved back there.

But she is sticking it to white SJW's...those special snowflakes who feel they shine ever more brightly for championing mudslides.

Anonymous Takin' a Look September 11, 2016 5:15 AM  

In the comments

"farabundovive LadyStOckwell

137
138
[if Nigerian women are not being heard perhaps]....

they should approach a (usually oil-rich) female African billionaire - such as Bola Shagaya, Folorunsho Alakija (both of Nigeria), Isabel dos Santos, Ngina Kenyatta, or any of the ANC-connected South Africans - and ask one of them to invest in a AfFem publishing house? Perhaps they already have done. Or perhaps they couldn't give a toss."

My reaction to the article.

Blogger S. Thermite September 11, 2016 5:19 AM  

"As I stood up, my heart began to race. I could feel the eyes of the hundreds of audience members on my back: questioning, querying, judging."

Female solipsism spans culture and race. How do you say "It's not all about you, sugartits" in Sudanese Arabic?

Blogger J A Baker September 11, 2016 5:25 AM  

How many different psychotropic meds are those people on?

Blogger weka September 11, 2016 5:31 AM  

@7. The writing.

@11. Not as many as certain politicians.

I am waiting for them to say we cannot write about Romulans, Deeja Thoris or Chluthu.

Blogger synp September 11, 2016 5:34 AM  

Call me crazy, but never, ever call me "neuro-different".

That said, I am shocked and horrified at the blatant insensitivity exhibited by N. K. Jemisin. Born in Iowa and raised in Alabama, she later lived in Massachusetts and then New York City. While I'm sure it's hard to grow up black in Mobile, this woman has so much privilege, her cat King Ozymandias has his own food.

So how can a woman like that write about a poor girl born to a farming community in the Nomidlats? What does she know about being rejected by your mother only to be taken by some psychopath who breaks your arm to show you his "love"? What does she know about being secluded in "special school" where nobody likes her? What does she know about being threatened with death by that same psychopath if you don't pass a test? I bet she was the life of at Tulane university where she got her BS psychology degree. I bet if she failed a test she just had to take the course again, not killed like her friend Crack.

Oh, but I guess being black makes it all all right. Too bad Lionel Shriver didn't know that being a woman is no longer enough.

(this post based on Jemisin's Wikipedia entry and half the book)

Blogger synp September 11, 2016 5:36 AM  

Joe S. Walker wrote:I don't know what's worst about that piece, the priggishness, the vanity ("hundreds of people were looking at ME, because I was so offended") or just the awful writing.

The vanity. Hands down. People step out of lectures all the time. Their phone vibrates or their bladder is calling. That's what I think when I see someone stepping out. Good thing she had a phone buddy to guide her on looking at the audience for maximum effect.

Anonymous Shut up rabbit September 11, 2016 6:00 AM  

Good lord. Someone please put these creatures out their misery. It's like watching a drooling retard soil themselves every time one of them speaks.

Check out this poor oppressed person of negritude literally saying a homeless white guy is more privileged than he is while sporting a solid gold watch and talking about buying his mother a house with cash from the comfort of his home in a country ran by a fellow person of negritude.

Stick a fork in them, they're done.

Anonymous Edwin September 11, 2016 6:09 AM  

These filthy reductionist never want to un-appropriate the convenience and luxury of Western Civilization though... Give back English, give back common law and restraints upon tyrants, give back the fruits of Newton from the Calculus, give back Edison's beacons lit by Tesla's mastery of the electron, give back the Universities where the dung-headed learn empty mantras of anti-reason, give it all back and go wallow in the mud like the parasites you are.

Anonymous SciVo September 11, 2016 6:15 AM  

You all know what this means, don't you? In light of all their demands for more stories about People of Color, SF-SJWs ARE THE REAL RACISTS!

Anti-wacism is anti-right!!

Anonymous SciVo September 11, 2016 6:30 AM  

J A Baker wrote:How many different psychotropic meds are those people on?

Either too much or not enough, apparently.

Blogger J A Baker September 11, 2016 6:33 AM  

"The stench of privilege hung heavy in the air..."

Blogger YIH September 11, 2016 6:34 AM  

Sooner or later some SJW is going to ''speak out for Elves and Elvish culture''; Vox's books, numerous Christmas stories, and Keebler has gotta be the Washington Redskins of Elf depictions ;)

Anonymous 5343 September 11, 2016 6:41 AM  

Sooner or later some SJW is going to ''speak out for Elves and Elvish culture''; Vox's books, numerous Christmas stories, and Keebler has gotta be the Washington Redskins of Elf depictions ;)

If you want to see a White Male abusing his privilege by presuming to speak for Mythical Creatures of Elvishness, just wait until you get a load of the new JCW ...

Blogger Stilicho September 11, 2016 6:45 AM  

It more than SJW racism, they think they can appropriate the parts of western civilization they need by writing about them... it's pure cargo cultism.

Anonymous SciVo September 11, 2016 6:46 AM  

YIH, I guarantee you that said SJW will be harpoonable. Otherwise, she would just put on some fake ears and make Elf porn.

Anonymous bub September 11, 2016 6:47 AM  

Color me neuro-indifferent

Blogger residentMoron September 11, 2016 7:08 AM  

Somewhere another Village has had their Moron culturally misappropriated ...

Blogger synp September 11, 2016 7:18 AM  

Fenris Wulf wrote:From the article; "The stench of privilege hung heavy in the air." This is verging on self-parody.

If privilege stinks, why does she begrudge the people who have it?

Anonymous EH September 11, 2016 7:18 AM  

Some of the top comments at the Guardian:
*
This is why Safe Spaces is absolutely vital. I can only imagine the horror she experienced from hearing an opinion different from her own. (802)

*

"It is actually a reasonable article and a reasonable complaint"

No, it isn't. It's entitled, narcissistic, hyperbolic and melodramatic nonsense that denies the complexity of humanity; it denies that persons from minorities have identity beyond their group; it denies that a writer may use empathy and imagination to create something that exists beyond the scope of their own experience; it denies that individual human beings may have opinions on, and interests in, cultures beyond their own. It's a horrible article; her viewpoint is almost anti-human, almost psychopathic, in the way that it sees human beings as nothing more than abstractions, as cultural signifiers with no agency of their own. (731)

*

I think you have culturally appropriated the language of 1970s middle class feminists (522)

*

"Asking to be respected – is that asking for too much?"

Yes, when your definition of being respected is to get to police who is allowed to say and write what. Judging by your extraordinary reaction to Lionel Shriver, you should stick to pre-censored, trigger-warned safe spaces from now on. (520)

*

The author claims that people need to be uncomfortable, yet left a talk because the ideas expressed by the speaker made her uncomfortable. Then, instead of responding to the speaker's actual claims, she invents an incredibly uncharitable and unlikely "implication" to explain the source of her discomfort. The author should explain the actual arguments being made by the speaker and then try to refute them, instead of inventing fantastical "implications" and making dramatic appeals to emotion. A very shoddy and unconvincing piece of writing. (447)

Anonymous Be Not Afraid September 11, 2016 7:21 AM  

The point is to simply exclude straight white males from the field. We need DIVERSITY, and if the SWMs try to write diverse characters, they're racists and need to die. So they must be replaced.

I saw something very similar in a professional society magazine a month or two ago. On one page, there was an article about how the field needed way more racial/sexual diversity; a couple of pages later, an article on a different career people who can't get or keep jobs in the field might try. As a SWM, the message to me was very clear: GTFO.

Blogger James Higham September 11, 2016 7:25 AM  

We know it, they know it deep down perhaps. So why do they carry on?

Blogger Jimmy Glover September 11, 2016 7:27 AM  

I've never really gotten the appropriation idea. If I do borrow an idea from another culture for my own use, they still have it. I didn't take it away.

I mean, if I cook a taco, Mexico didn't forget how.

Anonymous Boogeyman September 11, 2016 7:35 AM  

Is it possible to be so full of yourself that your total mass ends up creating a black hole? If so, Australia may be in trouble. Thankfully we seem to be reaching the point where these dangerous fools are being mocked and no longer reasoned with. Why bother to reason with people who can not reason? Besides, this is much more fun.

Anonymous Wooly Phlox September 11, 2016 7:38 AM  

!Xabbu wept.

Anonymous omar's running shoes September 11, 2016 7:42 AM  

These people are human parrots, repeating the exact same phrases they've heard in their gender studies classes or LGBT HR seminars without ever coming up with an original thought of their own. I have read the exact same piece a thousand times since the scales fell from my eyes, the endless rehash of drivel trying to sound deep and profound.

These people neither contribute to nor give additional value to the human experience beyond their juvenile mimicry of adult topics.

Blogger Lazarus September 11, 2016 7:45 AM  

Ethnic restaurants are racist.

Blogger Gapeseed September 11, 2016 7:45 AM  

By the way, I am very much enjoying Shriver's new book "The Mandibles", which details the struggles of a wealthy American family ruined by a near-future collapse of the dollar. The story, which includes a Mexican boyfriend character, would be less accurate and authentic to her vision if she had stuck to white characters only.

SJWs are truly dopes.

Blogger JACIII September 11, 2016 7:47 AM  

Apply Rule 1 - "It’s not always OK" = "I want it to never be OK"

Blogger Alexander Thompson September 11, 2016 7:52 AM  

Am I the only one who noticed they added a new letter to their acronym of weirdos? It's as if they've become their own parody.

Blogger Melampus the Seer September 11, 2016 7:56 AM  

The left is one giant, hugely successful, concern troll operation.

Blogger tz September 11, 2016 7:56 AM  

Ban fantasy. Humans have no write to identify as elves, trolls, orcs, or dwarves.

Blogger James Dixon September 11, 2016 7:57 AM  

> So access – or lack thereof – is one piece. ... But there is a bigger and broader issue,

Yes, there is. It's called talent. The people who can tell an interesting story have always been a fairly small percentage of the whole. Those with the ability to do so have to tell the stories of the others or those stories won't get told.

> ...and the implication is clear: “I don’t care what you deem is important or sacred. I want to do with it what I will. Your experience is simply a tool for me to use, because you are less human than me. You are less than human…”

That sounds like a fair and complete summarization of the way the left feels about Christians today, doesn't it?

Blogger residentMoron September 11, 2016 7:59 AM  

On top of the vapid infantile idiocy of these pettifogging anti-colonialism rants, is the fact that there are no colonies any more except colonies of Muslim invaders.

So these morons are trying to convict the great grandchildren of colonists for the imaginary sins of our forebears, while blinding themselves to the actual crimes of actual colonists happening today.

And to add insult to injury, they expect to be taken seriously.

Blogger Leo Littlebook in Shenzhen September 11, 2016 8:00 AM  

Empathy employs mirror neurons. Therefore cross-racial empathy is cultural appropriation.

Whites are the only race that does this. That's why only whites can be racist.

Blogger Gaiseric September 11, 2016 8:01 AM  

Neuro different?!

Blogger Shimshon September 11, 2016 8:09 AM  

It occurs to me that Indians have culturally appropriated the horse from Europeans. For shame.

Anonymous Spinrad's Agent September 11, 2016 8:23 AM  

Life has been so difficult for her in Australia that she was barely able to get an education, graduating with a virtually unrecognized degree in mechanical engineering that led to sweatshop fly-in fly-out gigs on oil rigs.

FFS, it Owen Stanley's "The Missionaries" was based on this plot you wouldn't have published it because it would have been too far fetched.

Then again... If you're reading Mr. Stanley.

Blogger GracieLou September 11, 2016 8:24 AM  

I used this EXACT same argument on not really an full blown SJW, but a sunshine, lollipops and rainbows British friend of mine, who'd posted a meme with an Isis killer saying "this is not a Muslim" :

"(You) can’t speak for the (head-chopper) community...and should allow for their voices and experiences to be heard and legitimised.

The reality is that those from marginalised (head-choppy) groups, do not get the luxury of defining their own place in a norm that is profoundly (civilized Christian)...

The attitude drips (imperialist, colonial) and the implication is clear: “I don’t care what you deem is important or sacred. I want to do with it what I will. Your experience is simply a tool for me to use, because you are less human than me. You are less than human…”

When you mirror SJW BS back on them you usually get sploddy-head but this flew way past her. She just made a sad emoji about being called a colonial imperialist for trying to tell head choppers they aren't what they say they are because she doesn't want them to be.

And then a couple days later she went back to waving Pom-poms for Islam. There must be subtle differences between hardcore SJWS and the "nice brigade" enablers.

Blogger Jeff Wood September 11, 2016 8:39 AM  

@28

"The point is to simply exclude straight white males from the field."

Followed by straight white females. And so on, and so forth.

Blogger Loyd Jenkins September 11, 2016 8:40 AM  

My dignity comes from within. Does she think she is so powerful that she can bestow dignity?

Blogger Mr.MantraMan September 11, 2016 8:51 AM  

White SJW are politically perfected human beings and smart, so deal with it. Born of white sin the worst sin a horrible sin, damned by sin but saved by the grace of political progressiveness.

The kooks at Comcast news are trying to say Hillary created a meme with zher "deplorable" comment. They are lame how could we have been trolled by the Left is beyond me

Blogger Rusty Fife September 11, 2016 9:01 AM  

This means Scalzi can never have hot go-grrl characters in his books anymore; that's cultural appropration.

They also shouldn't act so Alpha, well-dressed, buff, or neuro-typical.

Blogger Rusty Fife September 11, 2016 9:02 AM  

The only thing GRapeRape Martin has ever raped is a bag of Dorritos; he's culturally appropriating thug life.

Blogger Lovekraft September 11, 2016 9:07 AM  

It's about money, have no doubt. What they are really demanding is a tax on creativity.

Blogger Robert Coble September 11, 2016 9:14 AM  

@38:

"Ban fantasy. Humans have no write to identify as elves, trolls, orcs, or dwarves."

I am always conflicted when I see things like this. Was it intentional, in the context of an "arthur" being "phun-ny" (with a silent "h")? Was it an "obliteration" "eluding" to the "arthurial" prowess of the half-"salvage" "arthur" special snowflake? I don't "no" if I should care.

"Constipate" it.

Blogger Lovekraft September 11, 2016 9:15 AM  

It's about money, have no doubt. What they are really demanding is a tax on creativity.

Blogger Lovekraft September 11, 2016 9:18 AM  

Last year the lunatic left pretzled out of their own racism by stating a black cannot be racist because of structural racism or some other semantic babble.

So we had time to figure this out and realize that if we are going to be accused, we do NOT have the benefit of the doubt, innocent until proven guilty etc. This is something that goes against all notions of fairness, but since we all know how the Left works, nothing is surprising.

So when we are attacked, we have to expect that our defence (a reasonable one, assuming) is going to be ignored because ... colonialism?

What is left for us to do but to continue forming a united front with which we can counter-protest, counter-sue etc. There really is no alternative because isolated we are goners.

Sorry for the poor writing. Sunday morning and all.

Anonymous Pope Pius V September 11, 2016 9:26 AM  

"A Muslim girl...in AUSTRALIA."

If that's not appropriation, I don't know WHAT is.

Anonymous Charles Martel September 11, 2016 9:30 AM  

The OIC has 57 states. Why are Muslims anywhere in Christendom?

Blogger Dire Badger September 11, 2016 9:31 AM  

All I want to know is 'WHY'?

WHY should minority voices be heard? Why should we pay attention to the plaints of the Lbgqtxyz community? What has it ever done for me? What have minority voices done for MY culture?
Why should I care if fags are getting tossed off buildings? Why should I give a crap if someone feels 'oppressed'? Why should I risk my culture, my family, and my species to 'support' people who want me dead? Why should I care what Hitler did to 600 million billion strangers? He's dead, right? Why should I care about 'women's rights' when they have had more privileges than me for all of recorded history? Why should I care about the offspring of a bunch of dead slaves... Again, they are dead, right?

Why should I 'care' about oversensitive 'college lesbians'? Why should I even care if an entire city full of negroes on welfare starves to death? There will always be plenty more.

I choose to do what is right, as an individual, on an indivdual level. I can be counted on to lend a hand moving or getting a car out of a ditch, to buy a friend groceries when things are tight, or to kick the ass of some drunk jerk trying to fondle one of my girls. But why on Earth has MY good nature been shared out to a world full of people I frankly hate?

If the lefties are right, and there is nothing after death, why should I even care about doing 'good', or the 'right thing'? Why should a death of someone I don't even know affect me? Why should I care about 'progress'? Why is being selfish considered 'evil' in a world where evil doesn't exist?

No lefty has ever answered any of these very simply 'why's'. At this point, I couldn't give a crap if we rounded 'em up in boxcars and starved them to death... By their own logic, there's nothing wrong with that.

My faith is not strong enough to care about them anymore. Except, maybe, to keep the cute ones as slaves for breeding. We need nothing else they have.

In the world of lefty logic, I can say what I want for whomever I want. It is absolutely Okay.

Blogger pyrrhus September 11, 2016 9:35 AM  

Mexican cook using a toaster--Cultural Appropriation, Ta Nehisis Coates writing about white people--same....You can play this game all day long, but the SJWs give up pretty fast...

Blogger Cataline Sergius September 11, 2016 9:47 AM  

@23 Stilicho

It more than SJW racism, they think they can appropriate the parts of western civilization they need by writing about them... it's pure cargo cultism.

Good Lord, I think you are on to something.

It explains a few things I've been seeing lately.

Since I have a daughter that is the right age, I actually do know a bit about Shake It Up.

I know it was a Disney Channel show about adolescent girls who had a dance show they worked on.

I know it was canceled when the girls stopped being adolescents and started being teenagers.

I know that my shows on the TIVO somehow magically vanished in order to make room for more episodes of it.

So when I head that one of the girls from the show was going to be playing Spiderman's iconic girlfriend Mary Jane Watson, I vaguely approved...

... So as I said I have no Dog in this fight. I was just sort of pleased that I recognized the name of the show Shake It Up and placed the girl who will be playing Mary Jane in the newest reboot of Spiderman.

Except of course, I didn't.

I mentally neglected the fact that there was another girl on Shake It Up.

Anonymous Avalanche September 11, 2016 9:51 AM  

@43 "It occurs to me that Indians have culturally appropriated the horse from Europeans. For shame."

And the casino.

Blogger synp September 11, 2016 9:55 AM  

Alexander Thompson wrote:Am I the only one who noticed they added a new letter to their acronym of weirdos? It's as if they've become their own parody.

What? 'I' for Intersex? That's old hat by now.

Anonymous New guy in town September 11, 2016 9:57 AM  

And how is it not cultural appropriation for all these shows and movies to cast dieversities in roles like Sir Lancelot, Julius Caesar, Aquaman, the Human Torch, etc? For crying out loud, some group made a movie of Beowulf and made him from Africa. The reasoning was even more absurd, "because in those areas, all they did was fight, so for Beowulf to rule in peace for all those years meant he had to be a minority" or something to that effect. Seriously, if I were to make a movie about a black comic book character and make them white, people would be calling for my head on a silver platter. I know a guy from Laos, and stuff like that ticks him off, because he says that stories like Sir Lancelot, etc belong to whites and he finds it insulting to put non-whites in those roles.

Blogger Bard September 11, 2016 9:59 AM  

Dire,
Because you DO care about you and your own and you are a man. All that frustration is because we have been taught that Christianity is kind and meek. To hell with the dogs, let them eat scraps. I don't care about them anymore and I, like you, am sick of pretending I do. It is actually worse now, I want to see them fail and get what is coming and that still bothers me on some level.

Blogger Bard September 11, 2016 10:03 AM  

Holy shit , I just appropriated his perspective

Blogger Shimshon September 11, 2016 10:12 AM  

Is "cultural appropriation" the real life version of the Prime Directive? Sure seems like it.

Blogger psychegram September 11, 2016 10:17 AM  

So white male authors should keep their fiction racially pure? Noted. But, who will speak for the orcs?

Blogger psychegram September 11, 2016 10:17 AM  

So white male authors should keep their fiction racially pure? Noted. But, who will speak for the orcs?

Blogger Cataline Sergius September 11, 2016 10:20 AM  

The funny thing about these shows is that the black on white love interests are invariably the most white washed blacks you have ever seen in your life.

Where are the black women screaming at the Flash's girlfriend because she only dates Whites?

Why doesn't Black Jimmy Olson hang out all the time at the barbershop because it's the only guaranteed Superbitch free zone in town?

Agent Carter's was the funniest. Giving Captain America's Sad Girlfriend a black boyfriend who was a brilliant, rich and award winning scientist...in 1947!!!

Blogger Bard September 11, 2016 10:24 AM  

Agent carter mysteriously was canceled right after that

Blogger JWM September 11, 2016 10:24 AM  

They have transcended parody, and reached the point where mockery is redundant. Their kung fu has become so strong that it kills the practitioner. Truly a marvelous accomplishment.

JWM

Blogger Cecil Henry September 11, 2016 10:32 AM  

Guess what SJW's:

ITs NEVER okay when a non-white demands, attempts or appropriates their way into a White country to live and benefit of the social capital and interests of Whites.

Pretending Whites don't have interests, and don't own you a living is worse than cultural appropriation.

Its parasitism.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/26/e6/08/26e608fa00376e080038cb269d0635ee.jpg

Anonymous Ironsides September 11, 2016 10:35 AM  

In that case ... how dare these people appropriate the culture of the white man by using computers? Cars? Aircraft? Typewriters? Pens? Pencils? Metal hinges? Doorknobs? Shoes with laces? Anything put together with screws? Vaccines? Any European language at all? Electric lights? Bicycles? How dare their militaries use rifles, tanks, jet aircraft, radar, sonar, western style military organization? How dare they use radios? Listen to classical music? Use any European-invented musical instrument? Any invention of our science? How dare they make movies, using film devices invented by white men? Take photographs? Eat any kind of food besides their native grubs and couscous? Use sinks, tubs, refrigerators, running water, gas stoves, pumps, hoses, fire trucks, clothing stitched with machines, passports, visas, mirrors, vacuum cleaners, elevators, tractors, internal combustion engines, electrical devices, safety pins, glass, plastic?

How dare they speak out against white colonialism, when they are not themselves white colonialists? How dare they speak about Nazis as evil, when they are not white German Nazis and therefore cannot even begin to understand that unique perspective? How dare they speak of white privilege when they literally cannot walk a mile in a shoes, because they aren't white? How dare the LGBTBBQ even go near a straight person's bathroom, culturally appropriating what is ours?

In a way, I agree. Let them have the kraal, and nothing more.

But it's also remarkable that they are capable of making me feel such a ferocious purity of hate for them and all their works. There is not one atom of these creatures that I do not loathe. And that's kind of startling to me.

Anonymous Elijah Rhodes September 11, 2016 10:44 AM  

There's a ridiculous irony in a minority charging a white with cultural appropriation while wearing Levis, Nikes, and an iPhone in his pocket. Funny how appropriation only goes one way.

Anonymous Rolf September 11, 2016 11:08 AM  

Science and most modern medicine and technology are products of the culture Western Christendom. So I really wish they stop with their appropriation of vaccines, the internal combustion engine, the jet engine, airplanes, refrigeration, radio, cell phones, computers, AC electricity, the light bulb, the laser, the LED, steel refined in any modern blast furnace, aluminum, blue jeans, and all the other products of our culture. I'll pay attention to them when they live by their own culture and quit taking ours.

Bill Whittle had a good rant about it a while back.

Blogger Nathan September 11, 2016 11:21 AM  

What this illustrates is that the SJW is at war with something fundamental in human nature. What would literature look like if this person and those like her had their way? "Fiction" would be an exercise in narcissism and navel gazing; people having only the right to tell stories informed by their own personal experiences. Imagination, empathy, the intrinsic creative nature of mankind would be banished. The evil that motivates these people is seeking to destroy what Tolkien described as the essence of fantasy- to create according to our nature as we have been created, as a reflection of the divine. It's also telling that whether the SJW is motivated by the tenets of Marxist historical materialism (cultural Marxism) or Islam, they arrive at the same methods and conclusions.

Blogger Anonymous-9 September 11, 2016 11:25 AM  

What strikes me is how this young woman has been brainwashed. Mentally, she's been stuffed into a corner reserved for white privilege where she has nowhere else to go except search for objects of PC outrage. That's about all she's allowed to do, considering the psychological strait jacket she's in. I need to research if there were deprogramming units in any countries after communism imploded. These young people need to know there's a way out. Can you imagine the mother having to live with a daughter this sick? If she knew there was a deprogramming unit available, she'd probably drive her there on the spot.

Blogger Nathan September 11, 2016 11:28 AM  

Egregious cultural appropriation!!

Blogger Anonymous-9 September 11, 2016 11:31 AM  

It's a horrible article; her viewpoint is almost anti-human, almost psychopathic, in the way that it sees human beings as nothing more than abstractions, as cultural signifiers with no agency of their own. (731)

Blogger Anonymous-9 September 11, 2016 11:31 AM  

Yes, and that's the way she thinks of herself.

Blogger synp September 11, 2016 11:41 AM  

Shimshon wrote:Is "cultural appropriation" the real life version of the Prime Directive? Sure seems like it.

No. Cultural appropriation is Captain Picard using allegory to communicate with the Tamarian race at El-Adrel in the episode "Darmok". The aliens communicate with each other only through stories from their folklore. Picard not only talks to them using their own cultural stories, but like the typical SWM that he is, he injects his own cultural heritage by recounting the epic of Gilgamesh (which, we should note, is appropriated from the people of the middle east).

The chapter ends with Picard plotting to also make the Tamarians learn some Homer, because obviously the culture of SWM from Earth is better than that of the Tamarians.

Blogger GracieLou September 11, 2016 12:35 PM  

Nothing is too minor to escape the tentacles of the propaganda machine. Guinevere (Merlin) must be mulatto and poor, terrified sailors must sing bawdy songs instead of "Rock of Ages" as they did in real life (The Finest Hours), movies about children who die and visit Jesus (Heaven is for Real, Miracles From Heaven) cannot show any glimpse of Jesus or Heaven but must instead be about the prejudice of imaginary asshole Christians.

Once you see it, you realize it's everywhere and has been, for quite some time.

Anonymous Shut up rabbit September 11, 2016 12:53 PM  

I hope this over-privileged, ignorant bloated ego gets cancer. Actually, I hope she gets leukemia and I'm the only compatible donor. While denying her the treatment, I'd spend the last moments of her life explaining why she is such an awful person and how the world is so much better without her and that her dying a painful death is so much better than someone like her spending another day on this planet to spread her wicked ignorance like a manure spreading machine.

Anonymous Gen. Kong September 11, 2016 1:17 PM  

SF-SJWs ARE THE REAL RACISTS!

Gonna get us some PC judo!

Anonymous Alsos September 11, 2016 2:26 PM  

The distinction between "enrichment" and "appropriation" lies in who makes the decisions about the whether, what, and how something is borrowed.

An individual choosing of their own volition and based on their own interests to borrow something they like from another culture is appropriation, and that's bad.

An individual or a whole society obliged to incorporate something borrowed from another culture into their own, without their approval or regard to their own interests, is enrichment, and that's good.

Well...as long as it's not a privileged people doing the obliging on an oppressed people, because that's cultural imperialism, a term which like racism and sexism is only permitted to be used in one direction regardless of how well the concept fits the reality.

Blogger ChickenChicken Sweep September 11, 2016 4:05 PM  

By the numbers, the first 8 paragraphs, of no substantial length, yield:

5x me
6x I
12X my

Dear whinging whoever you are, 7 billion people still don't give a sloppy fuck.

Blogger Dire Badger September 11, 2016 4:18 PM  

You wanna talk cultural appropriation...
"Once Upon a Time."

Gads, Black Sir Lancelot? Black MERLIN?

Anonymous SciVo September 11, 2016 7:10 PM  

Jimmy Glover wrote:I mean, if I cook a taco, Mexico didn't forget how.

Imagine if you thought that everyone was the same, except for cultural signifiers. Then a taco (actual not pink) would be the only difference between you and a Mexican. How dare you impersonate a foreigner by wearing a sombrero! Have you no shame?!

Blogger Thucydides September 11, 2016 7:43 PM  

So what are we supposed to make of Kazoo Ishiguro's novels, where a Japanese man is writing about (for example) an English Butler, and telling the story in the first person? Do we castigate Akira Kurosawa for appropriating Shakespeare's Macbeth and King Lear (Throne of Blood and Ran, respectively?)

The real problem is the tiny minds of the SJW's are unable to comprehend other people, much less put themselves in the minds of others. This is simply another expression of SJW's always project; they can't think outside the box so by extension we are unable to do so either.

They would qualify for pity if they weren't so dangerous. Put them down as dangerous, rabid dogs.

Blogger JV Small September 12, 2016 9:40 AM  

Is the above, it not being 'OK', why the media appears to treat reporting on black-on-black crime as verboten? A privileged white female cannot profit from telling the horrors faced by impoverished youth forced to compete against illegal immigrants by their DNC Plantation owners?

Blogger Feather Blade September 12, 2016 11:40 AM  

On the plus side, now when they demand that you add [diversity] protagonist to your story, you can just reply:

"Oh I couldn't possibly! That would be cultural appropriation, you know."

Anonymous The train will be fine September 12, 2016 5:09 PM  

Nathan, youre culturally appropriating like a SJW.The high power LED is a Japanese invention.

Blogger Daniel September 12, 2016 9:17 PM  

Europeans will not have public christmas soon?

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts