ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2017 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

The permanent opposition

Even when they're in power. Jerry Pournelle excoriates the Senate Republicans:
The Senate is busily proving that Republicans can’t rule; they’re not even a Party. They’re a collection of losers whose jobs were safer when they were in the opposition and they could blame national misrule on someone else. They could say “We don’t control the House”. When they got that, they could say “We don’t have a majority in the Senate.” When that resulted in nothing much about slowing the train to national disaster, they could say “We don’t have the President.” When they nominated and elected a President, they could say “We don’t have enough of the Senate.” Clearly that is fudge, because the rumor is they can’t even muster a majority vote to obliterate Obamacare, a provable national disaster.

What more do they want? But we have had this problem since Lyndon Johnson and even before. Country club Republicans were satisfied to be the loyal opposition. The Democrats slyly gave them perks for being a permanent minority, and many took the bait. The only thing likely to keep these “we can’t quite do it” scoundrels in office is the – admittedly terrifying prospect – of Nanny Pelosi returning as Speaker; they’re willing to do without most of the perks of a “majority party” – which they are not – for permanent jobs on Capitol Hill. And God help us, it works: I sure don’t want to see Speaker Nancy Pelosi ever night – or even every week – on my nightly news. (I don’t want enhanced Obamacare either, or any of the other deficit enhancing free stuff entitlements the Democrats will bring“ in to assure their majority status if they ever take control. So we are obliged to work to keep this bumbling inept crew in charge.

So here we have it: the Democrats hold fewer national and state offices than ever before, but they continue to rule. And bringing them back will make things far worse; and a bloc of country club Republicans really want to become “loyal opposition with benefits” and be rid of the burden of ruling. And a business oriented unsophisticated but very rich President can’t even get confirmation of his own team with a House and Senate majority.
I hope that when I reach Jerry's age, I'll be as observant and perspicacious as he is. Truly a remarkable man.

Labels: ,

130 Comments:

Blogger Wanderer June 28, 2017 11:03 AM  

The Republicans are doing an effective job when you realize that they're actually a faction of the globalist left and that they have nothing to do with right wing traditionalism or conservatism.

Blogger Jourdan June 28, 2017 11:04 AM  

Agreed, VD. He is spot on, as he usually is. Ryan and McConnell are the kind of men who smile at the camera after a Democrat has just called them child murderers.

That is to say, not men at all. Not really.

Anonymous johnc June 28, 2017 11:08 AM  

I think we all knew that the only way to "work" with them was through blackmail.

Blogger Cluebat Vanexodar June 28, 2017 11:09 AM  

Saw that. Jerry gets it.

Blogger Bill June 28, 2017 11:10 AM  

Well, there isn't really any Republican or Democrat party any more. There's the Red team for the Globalists, and the Blue team for the Globalists, and then there's the actual third party that everyone keeps asking for; Trumpets. OF COURSE the Red team Globalists oppose the Trumpets, they're a DIFFERENT party!

Anonymous andon June 28, 2017 11:11 AM  

Clearly that is fudge, because the rumor is they can’t even muster a majority vote to obliterate Obamacare, a provable national disaster.

according to Conservative Treehouse they need 60 votes actually get rid of obongocare. Apparently they can change this and that with just the 51-49 majority

Anonymous DF1 June 28, 2017 11:15 AM  

Republicans and Democrats are two faces of the same entity... the Managerial State.

The book Leviathan and Its Enemies by Samuel T. Francis is worth checking out.

Also this thread at MPC dot com:
https://mpcdot.com/forums/topic/1939-a-guide-to-the-managerial-revolution/

Anonymous Napoleon 12pdr June 28, 2017 11:18 AM  

It doesn't help that half the Republi-cowards and just about all the Dems have no noticeable skills other than campaigning for office.

+1 on Dr. Pournelle. With most people, if they say something I disagree with, I check their logic for flaws. If Dr. Pournelle says something I disagree with, I check MY logic first. He's the only living man I do that for.

Blogger FALPhil June 28, 2017 11:23 AM  

Who says that boomers have no value?

Blogger Dirtnapninja June 28, 2017 11:25 AM  

The very definition of controlled opposition. Vichy conservatism must die.

Anonymous BBGKB June 28, 2017 11:28 AM  

Ryan and McConnell are the kind of men who smile at the camera after a Democrat has just called them child murderers.

They smile at the camera when "Tokyo Rose" McCain SHOOTS RIGHT at them, McCain would try to add any true conservative to the 3 US planes and 147 US sailors he destroyed with his Admiral daddy's help.

Jewess banned from dyke march.

It wasn't because of fear of moslems blowing them up, they just didn't want to listen to the jewess

Blogger Salt June 28, 2017 11:29 AM  

Mid-terms should be entertaining. See how many cucks are voted to get the cuck outta there.

Anonymous CarpeOro June 28, 2017 11:36 AM  

This. Why I stopped considering myself a Republican/Conservative.

Blogger Josh (the gayest thing here) June 28, 2017 11:47 AM  

But somehow over the years I have acquired the responsibility to pay your health debts, and those of refugees, and even of illegal migrants who have no intention of assimilating, and I would like to know how I got this obligation, and the state got the right to enforce it with armed men?

Given his age, is he on Medicare?

Blogger Dave June 28, 2017 11:51 AM  

Smells like poop in here too.

Anonymous Kreator June 28, 2017 11:52 AM  

Just to get this out of here,e because some must have missed it: Overreaction *does* constitute confirmation and the fact that the point was driven too close for comfort.

Blogger James Dixon June 28, 2017 11:55 AM  

> according to Conservative Treehouse they need 60 votes actually get rid of obongocare.

They can remove the filibuster if they want to. They don't want to. Someone might call them names.

> For some reason he believes a Republican (or Democrat) works on behalf of their party, rather than their constituents.

And you once again demonstrate that your reading comprehension is somewhere below that of a snail crawling across a newspapere.

> If I reach his age and possess his level of wisdom, I will have regressed.

Of course you will have. A negative of a negative is a positive. Any positive wisdom from you would be a regression. But don't worry, reaching his level of wisdom is well beyond you.

Blogger The Observer June 28, 2017 11:59 AM  

Aand people can't help but touch the poop.

Blogger 4499 June 28, 2017 12:00 PM  

"Sweet Georgia Brown" should play over the PA system when the Dems walk in. Have them form a circle and pass a ball around.

Anonymous Jack Amok June 28, 2017 12:01 PM  

Who says that boomers have no value?

Pournelle is not a boomer.

Anonymous andon June 28, 2017 12:07 PM  

They can remove the filibuster if they want to. They don't want to. Someone might call them names.

isnt there more to it than that though? the guy who runs CTH seems to know his stuff and claims there's no practical way to actually repeal it without 60 votes (because its some kind of special law?). seems like if it was just the filibuster he would have mentioned that

Blogger Happy LP9 June 28, 2017 12:10 PM  

(Boomers have value, its not about that it about lifelong congresscritters and senators that need to leave office before they do anymore damage.)

3 issues; boomers always need moar and moar (power/narcissism/laziness traits)

2 excuse and blame preeners

1 as voters continue to downvote dems as we just saw 4 more special elections to the R's. The repubs don't have anymore excuses left.

Regarding democrazy or any democracy or whatever fubar thing America wants to call itself, its null and void.

The bi factional ruling party has to answer to the voters, its on us in 2020.

Any talk from the swamp going against the POTUS is a heretic that will lose their seat.

Anonymous johnc June 28, 2017 12:10 PM  

@23

Nope. This is just the new Party line that the Republicans won't be able to do anything at all until they get a super-majority in the Senate; so, folks, send those contributions in and let's campaign hard in 2018!

There are no political solutions to our mess, with or without Trump.

Anonymous a_peraspera June 28, 2017 12:12 PM  

It's not a special law. They could get rid of it. They just don't want to, perhaps because they don't have the courage to stand up to crying women who want free health care. Or perhaps because they aren't real conservatives and never really did believe that free markets work.

Also, the Republicans are already being targeted for assassination by Democrat voters just for talking about changing Obamacare. I suppose they think they will all be torn apart in the streets by angry Democrat voters if they actually repeal it.

Blogger Joseph Dooley June 28, 2017 12:13 PM  

This isn't even close to repeal. It's a fudging around the edges. Ironically it's the so-called moderates who are complaning the bill isn't liberal (i.e., destructive) enough.

Anonymous GregMan June 28, 2017 12:15 PM  

When I get to Pournelle's age, I expect to be sitting in the corner, drooling and soiling myself. But that's just me.

As usual JP is spot-on with his two main points, which can be summarized as (1) The Republicans suck, but (2) The demorats are so horrifying that we should move heaven and earth to keep the Repubs in power. With which I agree whole-heartedly. Sometimes you have to choose the least-bad option, that's just the way it is.

Blogger John Williams June 28, 2017 12:18 PM  

One more reason the Alt Right is inevitable.

Blogger James Dixon June 28, 2017 12:18 PM  

> isnt there more to it than that though?

No. And if there was, what of it? Break the rules and dare the Dem's to do anything about it. It's the way they do things.

> Aand people can't help but touch the poop

He's been here for a while. Vox and the team haven't kicked him off yet. He's fair game.

Blogger James Dixon June 28, 2017 12:20 PM  

> With most people, if they say something I disagree with, I check their logic for flaws. If Dr. Pournelle says something I disagree with, I check MY logic first. He's the only living man I do that for.

Actually, I put Vox in that category too. And my wife, but your statement isn't applicable in that case.

Blogger J Van Stry June 28, 2017 12:23 PM  

This is why we need a civil war, and we need it now. We have lost control of the government. Those in charge need to go.

Blogger Eric Slate June 28, 2017 12:27 PM  

Considering many people as old as Jerry make the mistake of using yesterday's situations as basis for today's conclusions, I really have to recognize he's one of the sharpest of his generation.

Blogger James Dixon June 28, 2017 12:30 PM  

> That is such a infantile understanding how how the legislative branch and representative government works it's hard

Jerry's worked with government officials a good portion of his life. And you? You're a paid shill posting on the Internet.

Anonymous a deplorable rubberducky June 28, 2017 12:34 PM  

No. Dems are 0-4 in special elections, that is not overperforming, in what world is such a losing streak overperformance? They even threw the kitchen sink into the mix in Georgia and set a spending record for House elections.

The GOP controls more elected offices today than at any time since Charlie Chaplin was the new hotness. That's the fact, Jack.

Jerry P has spoken the truth about our frustration with that. We have given the GOP great power, and yet they remain divided, squabbling, impotent, and unable to take advantage. This problem predates Trump. This problem, in fact, EXPLAINS Trump. He was always our murder weapon against the GOP establishment, a group badly in need of a house cleaning.

Anonymous Ominous Cowherd June 28, 2017 12:34 PM  

GregMan wrote:Sometimes you have to choose the least-bad option ...

Support Dems, support the Gay Old Pedophiles, or burn it all down? That's a no brainer. Burn it all down now.

Anonymous El Rojo June 28, 2017 12:35 PM  

This is the real reason why Trump has not done more - not that he is perfect!

The RINO's are a much bigger problem than anyone anticipated.

Some on the right think that if we just elect the right guy he can change it all - this is a fallacy.

True change has to be through good (not perfect!) legislation. The process for which is currently controlled by bought off RINO's who are entrenched in their districts.

It will take years to primary these guys out and purge the RNC. And that is what the right has to do - subvert the RNC the way they Socialist progressives did the DNC, and we are way behind the leftists in this way.

In the meantime Trump will have a running battle with these guys for eight years. In 20/20 hindsight the DNC are not the biggest obstacle to Trump it is the RNC RINO membership that has controlled the RNC for decades.

Blogger Dave June 28, 2017 12:36 PM  

Are you that guy that tries to reason with telemarketers?

Anonymous a deplorable rubberducky June 28, 2017 12:41 PM  

1988 was an interesting year for the Baltimore Orioles, I remember it well. They opened the season by going 0-21, setting the league record for overperformance.

Blogger Lovekraft June 28, 2017 12:42 PM  

Percipaciousnesss.

A new addition to my dream curriculum for alt-right academia.

Anonymous basementhomebrewer June 28, 2017 12:42 PM  

andon wrote:They can remove the filibuster if they want to. They don't want to. Someone might call them names.

isnt there more to it than that though? the guy who runs CTH seems to know his stuff and claims there's no practical way to actually repeal it without 60 votes (because its some kind of special law?). seems like if it was just the filibuster he would have mentioned that



They are purposely trying to throw a smoke screen. Here is the deal. The Filibuster does not apply to Budget reconciliation according to senate rules. Obamacare was passed under this loop hole for the senate parliamentarian is saying they can't fully repeal it using the same provision (figure that one out).

A Filibuster is an aspect of the Senate rules. All senate rules can be changed by a simple majority vote. The Democrats did this under Obama to prevent filibusters of Federal Judges. It's clear that the Democrats are not going to play by the rules when it suits them. The Republicucks are too stupid to understand that dynamic so they refuse to change the rules even though they now have the ability to. When the Democrats changed the rule for judges I actually had a conversation with a cuck who was saying he hopes the republicans put it back in place when they regained the Senate. JP is right on. They would rather be the whipping boy locked up in a velvet cage than to take on the responsibility of actually being in charge.

Blogger James Dixon June 28, 2017 12:43 PM  

> ...and now making it a set of close elections.

From Gab:

"In the special election yesterday, Ossoff and the Democrats raised and spent 30 million plus in the most expensive race of all time to get 124,893 votes.

In the 2016 general election race for the seat, the Democrats were represented by a guy named Rodney Stooksbury who raised no money and spent 346 dollars out of pocket. He had no website, no Facebook page, no twitter, no picture anywhere, not even signs.

He got 124,917 votes in that race."

Tell us again how much you know about things.

Blogger S1AL June 28, 2017 12:46 PM  

Term Limits. It's the only reasonable solution remaining.

Blogger Desdichado June 28, 2017 12:51 PM  

Dave wrote:Are you that guy that tries to reason with telemarketers?
No, he's just a transparently blatant liar. He's best ignored until the mods kick him to the curb.

Blogger Josh (the gayest thing here) June 28, 2017 12:52 PM  

Term Limits. It's the only reasonable solution remaining.

I would like to see all federal office holders prevented from serving consecutive terms.

Blogger VD June 28, 2017 12:55 PM  

Smells like poop in here too.

He's banned and spammed.

Anonymous Grayman June 28, 2017 12:56 PM  

Just spent the weekend with a bunch of boomers. Healthcare came up and they all agreed its FUBAR and that they are effectivly living off of a ponzi scheme that must collapse. However, none of them is prepared to take the "gibs me dat" away from themsleves and many of them recognized that their grandchildren would have to clean the mess up.
I think that may be representative of the govenrment issue. Yes the republiCucks are the problem. Many of them know what must be done and it is effectivly suicide for them. None of them are willing to pull the trigger and will have to have the trigger pulled for them, hence the ALT-RIGHT IS INEVITABLE. The cuckservatives will thrash about and fight it, but deep down they know they must be removed.
Its the left that will rapidly become more violent. The left is inherently emotional and as their world view becomes deconstructed its easier to become a homicidal maniac running death squads in your politicial opponents, than it is to acknowledge your world view is wrong and have to redefine ones self.

Blogger Ransom Smith June 28, 2017 12:59 PM  

Term Limits. It's the only reasonable solution remaining

Except those don't work but so well.
In the Commonwealth of VA we have a single term limit for governor. No exceptions.

And look who we have now, Terry "rat faced weasel" McAullife

Anonymous basementhomebrewer June 28, 2017 1:00 PM  

Josh (the gayest thing here) wrote:Term Limits. It's the only reasonable solution remaining.

I would like to see all federal office holders prevented from serving consecutive terms.


Office holders? Every bureaucratic job should be term limited. No pensions either. You want to work at the EPA? Sure, you get 5 years and then you are gone. You can do another stint there as a political appointee in a director position, but otherwise you can't work there again. The only other exception would be military positions but even then I could be persuaded to term limit the Pentagon based officer positions. Deep state could have never taken hold if that policy was instituted.

Anonymous Gen. Kong June 28, 2017 1:01 PM  

according to Conservative Treehouse they need 60 votes actually get rid of obongocare. Apparently they can change this and that with just the 51-49 majority

Or they could simply vote to deem it as repealed, exactly the same way they voted it as deemed to have passed.

Blogger Elocutioner June 28, 2017 1:01 PM  

Oppo with benefits.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 28, 2017 1:03 PM  

VD wrote:He's banned and spammed.
Thanks

Blogger James Dixon June 28, 2017 1:04 PM  

> He's banned and spammed.

Good. I believe I'd successfully refrained until today, but insulting Pournelle crossed the line.

Blogger Dave June 28, 2017 1:05 PM  

And look who we have now, Terry "rat faced weasel" McAullife

Right, but at least you know he only gets one term.

Anonymous Grayman June 28, 2017 1:07 PM  

S1AL wrote:Term Limits. It's the only reasonable solution remaining.

LOL Its more likely to see a foot of snow in Miami than to see term limits. The amount of money that flows through DC would be massively constrained overnight and those funding that flow will buy anyone they need to prevent term limits.

TINVYWOOT (There Is No Voting Your Way Out Of This)

Voting is just the window dressing. Identity politics, failure of continual exponential growth of the markets (i.e. 8% continual return), massive disruption of family structure, imposed “diversity” etc. all guarantee that there is no reasonable solution.
We are in a position similar to an avalanche. We have a massive over hang on virtually all fronts and there is no real way to tell how much more stress the system can take. It could be another 10 ft of snow before it all comes down or just 1 single snowflake. When it does go off there won’t be any real way to tell which snowflake it was that triggered it.

Blogger James Dixon June 28, 2017 1:08 PM  

> Deep state could have never taken hold if that policy was instituted.

You underestimate what evil people are capable of. :(

Anonymous basementhomebrewer June 28, 2017 1:10 PM  

James Dixon wrote:> Deep state could have never taken hold if that policy was instituted.

You underestimate what evil people are capable of. :(


Thought that as soon as I typed it. It would have slowed it down until they figured out how to carousel people through every bureau.

Blogger James Dixon June 28, 2017 1:11 PM  

> It would have slowed it down until they figured out how to carousel people through every bureau.

Slowing it down is the best we can ever hope for. Human nature doesn't change.

Blogger Cecil Henry June 28, 2017 1:15 PM  

They're just the controlled opposition.

Pretending to be in your camp.

Lenin and Stalin was right about one thing: The most dangerous enemy to the Bolsheviks was the Menshiviks.

They dispatched with them first.

The alt-right must to the same with these traitors.

Blogger BassmanCO June 28, 2017 1:16 PM  

Sorry, VD and moderators. I had the comment queued up a while ago and had to meet with a colleague. Should have checked to see if the poop was still here.

Anonymous Gen. Kong June 28, 2017 1:19 PM  

Yet another example (as if any more were needed) of why it's the Fake Banana Empire. At least back in the day of Colonel House, Smedley Butler and United Fruit Co. it was an actual Banana Empire. There are few things more loathesome than fake bananas, except perhaps the cigars favored by Lawd Hee-Haw Beelzebubba of Arkansas.

Anonymous andon June 28, 2017 1:22 PM  

@ #39 basementhomebrewer

thanks

Anonymous Grayman June 28, 2017 1:31 PM  

@58. Cecil Henry

traitors

They must always eat the first bullet. Any bullets leftover get aimed at the enemy. I know others have said it in better ways, but a traitor in the ranks is a greater threat than any external opponent.

Blogger Matthew June 28, 2017 1:34 PM  

BassmanCO wrote:Sorry, VD and moderators. I had the comment queued up a while ago and had to meet with a colleague. Should have checked to see if the poop was still here.

no worries.

Anonymous BluePony June 28, 2017 1:37 PM  

Anyone paying attention knew the GOP was useless 20 years ago. Tired of talking about it. What do we do? Third party? What?

Blogger dc.sunsets June 28, 2017 1:38 PM  

Re midterms: if the DJIA remains high and interest rates are not much higher than now, they'll be returned to office.

If not, however, the loss of their primaries might be the least of their real worries.

Anonymous JAG June 28, 2017 1:39 PM  

It's the usual Washington Generals problem. Term Limits would be nice, but aren't likely to happen. We just have to keep weeding out the loyal opposition RINOs, and replacing them with more Trumpian Republicans.

Blogger Dave June 28, 2017 1:42 PM  

I had the comment queued up a while ago and had to meet with a colleague.

You let business interfere with responding to a troll on the interwebz? What's wrong with you?

Blogger swiftfoxmark2 June 28, 2017 1:43 PM  

BluePony wrote:Anyone paying attention knew the GOP was useless 20 years ago. Tired of talking about it. What do we do? Third party? What?

Because the Libertarian party is full of winners....

Blogger swiftfoxmark2 June 28, 2017 1:44 PM  

I think that Senate Republicans are opposing President Trump because Trump refuses to have sex with children.

Blogger S1AL June 28, 2017 1:46 PM  

Virginians having political issues is nothing new; don't blame that on your term-limit system.

12 years in the House, 12 in the Senate, 24 for the Supreme Court. That last one would help tremendously with making sure we don't get the kind of incidental stacking that happened under Obama.

No system is perfect, but we can definitely improve on the obvious glitches. And yes, of course you would need a state convention for that kind of proposal.

Blogger Ransom Smith June 28, 2017 1:46 PM  

@Dave

Get rid of one and you have another.
The two candidates for the fall and utter crap. Republican and Democrat.

My boy Corey Stewart didn't win the primary sadly.

Still probably write him in.

Anonymous BluePony June 28, 2017 1:47 PM  

"Because the Libertarian party is full of winners...."

Why did you assume I meant those turkeys?

I meant new Party. Is it even possible anymore? MAGA Party? American First Party? Something. ANYTHING other than fartsucking snark, hand wringing and "told ya the GOP wuz teh sux, lulz", FFS.

Anonymous Ominous Cowherd June 28, 2017 1:50 PM  

BluePony wrote:Anyone paying attention knew the GOP was useless 20 years ago. Tired of talking about it. What do we do? Third party? What?

We need a much Trumpier Trump in 2024, or maybe in 2020 if Trump hasn't delivered adequately by Fall 2019. In the mean time, start working to primary your incumbent.

Blogger dc.sunsets June 28, 2017 1:54 PM  

Obamacare is just another signpost on the Path of Historical Impulsion, a signal of inertia in a complex economy.

Tens of millions of people invested years & decades of their lives to be qualified to work in a Matrix we call the "medical services economy" AS IT IS, OR AS IT INCREMENTALLY CHANGES.

Calls to reorder it (much less strip out the legislative fiat that created this vast, wasteful mess) scare people...justifiably so.

So Inertia prevails.

This is what Karl Denninger and so many other critics don't grasp. There are no logical and rational group solutions to such disasters. It's like steering the Titanic by putting millions of hands on the ship's wheel.

Political tetanus is inevitable. Only when this vast game of chicken ends will political change occur. Until then, we'll be treated to a continuation of this Theater of the Absurd.

Blogger Johnny June 28, 2017 1:54 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Anonymous Monster Hunter 281 June 28, 2017 1:54 PM  

I bet after Drumpf purges the "cucks" (the principled conservatives) he will go ahead and rebrand the GOP as the "America First National Workers Party" which really says it all, doesn't it?

Blogger dc.sunsets June 28, 2017 1:57 PM  

We are in a position similar to an avalanche. We have a massive over hang on virtually all fronts and there is no real way to tell how much more stress the system can take. It could be another 10 ft of snow before it all comes down or just 1 single snowflake. When it does go off there won’t be any real way to tell which snowflake it was that triggered it.

(Chuckle) And we know already that no snowflake ever feels responsible for the avalanche.

Anonymous A Most Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Deplorable Cents June 28, 2017 2:04 PM  

Anyone paying attention knew the GOP was useless 20 years ago. Tired of talking about it. What do we do? Third party? What?

Didn't you pay any attention last year? When we learned just how cucked the GOPe really is, to push Please Clap because it was his turn? Trump is the "what". For now.

Trump 2016 for the LoLZ!

Anonymous Fran June 28, 2017 2:07 PM  

@75
You're a funny guy.

Blogger Noah B The Savage Gardener June 28, 2017 2:09 PM  

@63 Keep laying on the trolling and meme magic and prepare for things to get hot without much warning.

Anonymous A Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents June 28, 2017 2:11 PM  

Don't touch the poop, Fran.

Anonymous Gen. Kong June 28, 2017 2:15 PM  

I think that Senate Republicans are opposing President Trump because Trump refuses to have sex with children.

That's likely closer to being true than many realize - and also explains why the deep-state, both nominal parties and fake news are all lined up against him. It's remarkable what he's been able to do given how little power he actually has. The swamp's favorite food is the type of pizza which the world's oligrachs consume, and Epstein Island is their dream vacation. Trump probably doesn't care for pizza, and they know it. There is a reason the R-jersey squad are known as the Gay Old Pedos, after all.

Blogger Guitar Man June 28, 2017 2:29 PM  

Googles "perspicacious" like most of us did. Nice word.

Anonymous Grayman June 28, 2017 2:38 PM  

@64 DC


You might find this of interest: https://kek.gg/i/3cLt5P.jpg

Data sources:
http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/FS.AST.DOMS.GD.ZS?locations=US

http://www.multpl.com/inflation-adjusted-s-p-500/table/by-year

Its only a casual hypothesis by inteeruptions in the expansion of private dent may be a better indicator of social inertia than the stock market. They chart is not very granular. Also credit due to some of the discussions of the brainstorm with Steve Keen


@71. BluePony

New party?! unlikely wihtout serious social upheveal. so yes there will be new parties, but that comes after the breakup of the US and the ethnic cleansing.

Side note... have come across a bunch od 12 yr olds chatting up the "purge". I asked them what they awere talking about. They said they will end up being around when "the purge" happens they expect a large % of the nation will die in it. They were very casual about it.... The boomers leftist have no idea what angel of death awaits them. There will be pleanty of collateral damage as well.


@72. Ominous Cowherd

Trump WAS the peaceful option and that has been refused, what comes after makes him look like a cuck RHINO's best friend...

Anonymous BBGKB June 28, 2017 2:38 PM  

I think that Senate Republicans are opposing President Trump because Trump refuses to have sex with children.

There are reports he left a party thrown by Epstein because none of the girls attending were old enough to have tits.

Anonymous Grayman June 28, 2017 2:41 PM  

ouch, I need to use spell check :(

Anonymous Icicle June 28, 2017 2:42 PM  

ouch, I need to use spell check :(

Your words have to go back.

Anonymous Grayman June 28, 2017 2:47 PM  

@86,

Your words have to go back.

But what about those 2 words in the middle they are correct, do they have to go back too?

Anonymous andon June 28, 2017 2:48 PM  

75. Anonymous Monster Hunter 281 June 28, 2017 1:54 PM
I bet after Drumpf purges the "cucks" (the principled conservatives) he will go ahead and rebrand the GOP as the "America First National Workers Party" which really says it all, doesn't it?


i bet after making a shitty post like that you still get a nickel

Anonymous A Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents June 28, 2017 2:49 PM  

@68, @84
Trump does not drink. Nor does he do drugs. Way back in the 80's he must have been the only clear headed man in the room at NYC parties. That might have made him Notice some things.

Anonymous Icicle June 28, 2017 2:53 PM  

But what about those 2 words in the middle they are correct, do they have to go back too?

Those Dreamers of Good Spelling are relatives of them. They go back too.

Anonymous Ominous Cowherd June 28, 2017 2:54 PM  

Grayman wrote:Trump WAS the peaceful option and that has been refused, what comes after makes him look like a cuck RHINO's best friend...

If only the RINO cucks realized that. If the RINO cucks have their way, the reaction will ensure that Mr. L. Hitler is our next president.

Blogger Chiva June 28, 2017 2:58 PM  

"i bet after making a shitty post like that you still get a nickel"

Maybe even a participation trophy.

Anonymous Grayman June 28, 2017 3:02 PM  

@90

LOL :)

Blogger Francis Parker Yockey June 28, 2017 3:02 PM  

GOPe = Washington Generals is a point that's been made before, of course, but Pournelle's is a very well written version. In particular:

"...a bloc of country club Republicans really want to become “loyal opposition with benefits” and be rid of the burden of ruling."

Quite a turn of phrase. Noice.

Blogger Mr. Excitement June 28, 2017 3:04 PM  

I'm so happy I no longer consider myself a Conservative anymore, and only marginally a Republican only because there is no viable alternative.

It's very liberating.

Anonymous Grayman June 28, 2017 3:04 PM  

Am I missing something currently hot in pop culture? I have come across kids in the 10 - 15 range referring to "the purge" more than once and in different geographical locations, southeast US and northeast US.

Anonymous Icicle June 28, 2017 3:06 PM  

The movies per chance?

Blogger Resident Moron™ June 28, 2017 3:14 PM  

OT: Italy shows signs of pushing back.

"Italy has threatened to stop vessels of other countries from disembarking migrants at its ports.

It comes as Italy's representative to the EU, Maurizio Massari, warned in a letter to the bloc the situation had become "unsustainable".

Prime Minister Paolo Gentiloni has accused other European nations of "looking the other way".

More than 73,000 migrants have landed in Italy this year, an increase of 14% on the same period last year.

Some 2,000 have died or are missing feared drowned, the UN's refugee agency says, the vast majority attempting the crossing from Libya.

Libya is a gateway to Europe for migrants from across sub-Saharan Africa and also from the Arabian peninsula, Egypt, Syria and Bangladesh. Many are fleeing war, poverty or persecution."

That is the sound of inevitability.

Blogger James Dixon June 28, 2017 3:21 PM  

> I meant new Party. Is it even possible anymore?

It's easier to take over one of the existing ones. As Trump demonstrated.

What we have to do is cut off the flow of money at the national party level to the cucks. The best way to do that is to starve the RNC and the affiliated PAC's.

Blogger Noah B The Savage Gardener June 28, 2017 3:22 PM  

@96 There's a series of movies called "The Purge" that came out several years ago. I haven't seen them but that's probably what's influenced the kids you've heard.

Blogger dienw June 28, 2017 3:40 PM  

have come across a bunch od 12 yr olds chatting up the "purge". I asked them what they awere talking about. They said they will end up being around when "the purge" happens they expect a large % of the nation will die in it.

From hte use of hte word "purge," I suspect a progressive/SJW teacher has been braggng to zis pupils.

Prophets over the past 20 yers have been speaking of a 9 out of 10 slaughter via WWIII; but, they do not use the term"purge."

Blogger ((( bob kek mando ))) - ( Communists murdered +100 Million trying to genocide the Bourgeois. suffering a Marxist to live is a Crime Against Humanity ) June 28, 2017 3:52 PM  

75. Monster Hunter 281 June 28, 2017 1:54 PM
I bet after Drumpf purges the "cucks" (the principled conservatives)



the "principled conservatives" raping children with Dennis Hastert?

yeah, we know what you are. you don't have to hunt very hard for the monsters, you see one in the mirror every morning.

Blogger Student in Blue June 28, 2017 3:54 PM  

Guys, wait, I know the perfect way to stop the Alt-Right dead in their tracks!

Ready to hear me out? Wait for it, it's...

it's...

calling them Nazis.

There's no way they'll recover from this! Everyone else will start booing them and hate them immediately!

Anonymous a deplorable rubberducky June 28, 2017 3:54 PM  

The Purge is a movie franchise, as Icicle hinted. That's where they are getting it. The films are set in a dystopian future society in which they set aside a particular day named The Purge. The rule of law is suspended entirely for 24 hours, and anything becomes permissible. That periodic descent into the Hobbesian was deemed necessary and healthy to clear the decks for the continuation of civilization.

Anonymous BBGKB June 28, 2017 3:58 PM  

across a bunch od 12 yr olds chatting up the "purge". I asked them what they awere talking about. They said they will end up being around when "the purge" happens they expect a large % of the nation will die in it

Shitlibs made a movie about a once a year purge of bad people, but it happens to be an attractive idea to those who encounter DieVerseCity. I am pretty sure it was made by shitlibs to parody the right.

Blogger roughcoat June 28, 2017 4:05 PM  

The first Purge movie was an okay premise; as I recall it was not well executed.

The second was anti-white propaganda. Requires some heavy suspension of disbelief even if you don't mind the narrative pushing, because virtually everyone acts retarded.

The third was quite heavy-handed propaganda like so many of the other movies last year that pushed Hillary Clinton proxies as heroic figures.

Anonymous Grayman June 28, 2017 4:05 PM  

LOL,

The kids seem to be co-opting the message of that movie to mean purging diversity... LMAO. Perhaps its blowing up in their faces like "Fake News"

Anonymous Icicle June 28, 2017 4:24 PM  

The third was quite heavy-handed propaganda like so many of the other movies last year that pushed Hillary Clinton proxies as heroic figures.

NEVERTHELESS, SHE PERSISTED
(at not dying)

Blogger Robert What? June 28, 2017 4:51 PM  

It was clear to me years ago what Pournelle said. In fact the Republican Establishment would have been more comfortable with a Hillary win. They could retain the perks of office without the responsibility of actually ... you know ... governing.

Anonymous BBGKB June 28, 2017 4:51 PM  

The kids seem to be co-opting the message of that movie to mean purging diversity... LMAO. Perhaps its blowing up in their faces like

Shitlibs like "the giver" despite its main message is that "when people have a choice they chose wrong" lets their mask slip, it just happens to be one of the messages leftists can't see anything wrong with saying.

Blogger Pseudotsuga June 28, 2017 4:59 PM  

If the Republican party had actually conserved the things I (among others) thought were worth fighting to save, then I might ally myself with them. But they have been the go-along to get-along party, pretending opposition, in order to conserve their power (and cushy jobs and perks, too).
Just repeal the Obamacare stuff, you dum-dums. Do something "right" for a change.

Blogger dc.sunsets June 28, 2017 5:17 PM  

Grayman wrote:LOL,

The kids seem to be co-opting the message of that movie to mean purging diversity... LMAO. Perhaps its blowing up in their faces like "Fake News"


Sounds like the freaks wearing Che t-shirts who know literally nothing about the man. "Post-truth" indeed. Facts...what facts?

Blogger Student in Blue June 28, 2017 5:18 PM  

An interesting thing about that particular posting by Dr. Pournelle, was a letter from a Russian-conspiracy-drum-beater.

Only at that moment did it strike me that despite all the furor and time and energy devoted to TRUMP AND RUSSIA, at no time have I ever, ever heard specifics. The accusations are always vague and generalized.

Meanwhile the criticism levied at Clinton by Pournelle was very specific, actionable, and researchable. It was something that you could cross-references.

Blogger dc.sunsets June 28, 2017 5:24 PM  

Grayman wrote:@64 DC
Its only a casual hypothesis by inteeruptions in the expansion of private dent may be a better indicator of social inertia than the stock market. They chart is not very granular. Also credit due to some of the discussions of the brainstorm with Steve Keen


Prechter's Elliott Wave International is running a promo with a chart of the 30 year T-bond. If they're right, the direction of the long bond's price is now DOWN at two degrees of trend (possibly more like four.)

Academic exercise IMO, but it offers a fascinating opportunity to imagine what happens as interest rates defy conventional wisdom and begin to climb, climb, climb.

Remember when oil was $100 and almost no one could imagine them falling to less than half that (b/c Peak Oil!)?

If rates are in fact done with a counter-trend decline, then the real fireworks are on deck, and the Fat Lady is all warmed up and ready for her cue.

Blogger Bob Loblaw June 28, 2017 5:32 PM  

This is the kind of stuff that made me give up on the Republicans in the early 2000s after they captured the presidency and both houses of Congress. Not only did they not advance the agenda they ran on, they didn't even try. Instead, they used it as an opportunity to line their own pockets on K Street.

Fiscal rectitude, abortion, gay marriage... none of that stuff is going to change under Republican control unless Republican voters are quick to get rid of sitting representatives. I'm not sure what the solution is, but there has to be a way to give the voters reliable, easily digestible information on discrepancies between what they say they support and what they actually support. And I don't mean votes on bills here - I mean cloture votes and missed opportunities to defund programs they say they want to kill.

Blogger WhatsThePitch June 28, 2017 6:17 PM  

Pournelle certainly nailed it on the head. I think that's why I've been apathetic about politics and went full anarcho-capitalist, then eventually settled for libertarianism. It's because I was no way in hell going to be a lefty, although I have lamented not being on their side because it's nice to be on a side that fights. But, alas, I can never agree with any of their policies or ideas, and I don't like the people, personally. When I went libertarian it was because I saw those people fighting and winning (Ron Paul clowning other politicians during the debates).

People follow winners, so it's surprising that Republicans are able to get in power as often as they do, but man does it suck that the politicians whose politics are closest to my own are so cucky.

Anonymous A Most Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents June 28, 2017 6:20 PM  

@114 dc.sunsets

Yellen says reforms in banking have made system safer, won't experience another financial crash in our lifetimes

Hmm. How old is she?

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 28, 2017 6:28 PM  

A Most Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents wrote:reforms in banking have made system safer, won't experience another financial crash in our lifetimes
Didn't the treasury secretary say almost exactly that in 1927?

Blogger bw June 28, 2017 6:39 PM  

Coulter ripped Trump a new one today over his International Financier buddieas at (((Goldman))), pointing out Cohns and Greenbergs and ...

Anonymous Mr. Rational June 28, 2017 7:17 PM  

@40  I know you didn't write that as a joke, but that is easily the funniest thing I've seen in days.  I chuckled for a good minute, went back to it to calculate the loss in votes and found myself laughing uncontrollably again.

For those who missed it, the Dimocraps spent $1.25 million per vote lost relative to the November election

@82  Even if you never took Latin, you have been reading dumbed-down literature if you've never come across "perspicacious" before.

Anonymous Saracen III June 28, 2017 7:52 PM  

@ 41 S1AL "Term Limits. It's the only reasonable solution remaining"

Not "the only"
Citizen Initiated Referenda and Voter's Recall also offer redress.

Anonymous Ominous Cowherd June 28, 2017 8:17 PM  

Bob Loblaw wrote:Fiscal rectitude, abortion, gay marriage... none of that stuff is going to change under Republican control unless Republican voters are quick to get rid of sitting representatives.

Primary your incumbent. Make it a movement.

Pseudotsuga wrote:Just repeal the Obamacare stuff, you dum-dums. Do something "right" for a change.

Somebody said Repeal and Repent! I'm going to be trolling the cuck forums with that line for a while, see if it works.

Mr. Excitement wrote:... and only marginally a Republican only because there is no viable alternative.

Unfortunately, most Gay Old Pedophile candidates aren't viable alternatives, either. Primary your incumbent!

Anonymous Gen. Kong June 28, 2017 8:28 PM  

A Most Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents wrote:
@114 dc.sunsets

Yellen says reforms in banking have made system safer, won't experience another financial crash in our lifetimes

Hmm. How old is she?


So Aunt Yellen of Bankstein & Co.'s Trash-for-Cash Discount Window channels Neville Chamberlin ...

Blogger Lazarus June 28, 2017 9:43 PM  

Resident Moron™ wrote:Some 2,000 have died or are missing feared drowned, the UN's refugee agency says, the vast majority attempting the crossing from Libya.

Bad news. It should have been 75,000,

Anonymous a deplorable rubberducky June 28, 2017 9:49 PM  

Strongly support whoever your incumbent is facing in his primary. So yes, if you live in a blue district, support whoever is running against the incumbent in his own primary. Even if that guy is a stark raving mad communist, back him strongly. The best chance of beating the incumbent is in the primary. Do not let him make it to the general election, that's where he holds every advantage.

Get all your friends, go all out, oust that incumbent. It's a singular, unified, intense purpose. Even if the guy you're supporting is Karl Marx or Satan himself, support him over your incumbent and oust him in the primary.

If he's running unopposed in the primary, recruit Karl Marx or Satan. Find somebody who is more extreme than he and recruit him. If you're in a blue district, find a homeless, flaming transsexual if that's all you got, and run him. If you're in a red district, find the hardest alt-righter you can and run him. Go to the extreme away from the center, either way.

The hardest part: if you are in a blue district, you have to vote hard blue and back it hard. Nobody wants to do this naturally. But seriously, if you want to be rid of a Pelosi? Elect a Harvey Milk.

And then primary that son-of-a-gun next time with somebody even farther out. Push each party towards its logical extreme and make them face their own music.

Anonymous JAG June 29, 2017 9:04 AM  

Eric Cantor strategy is what should be the priority here like others are saying. Can't keep sending back the McCain types.

Anonymous Jock June 29, 2017 11:54 AM  

Pournelle is repeating the old Libertarian denunciation of the GOPe as 'me-too' socialists and cronyists.

Libertarianist e-zines were saying the same thing would happen last year and so far they're being proved right.

Anonymous DonReynolds June 30, 2017 10:10 AM  

I seldom say something is wrong, but this must be one of those times.

It is wrong to characterize the Republipukes as Opposition, since they oppose NOTHING. You need proof? OK....John Bohner and Paul Ryan. Both have the annoying habit of signaling their intent to "fight to the death" on all manner of issues, months in advance....and surrender before the first shot is fired. They do not even pretend to have any honor. They just fold at the last moment.

Call them what they really are in Washington....they are Spectators with good seats in the bleachers, two boxes of popcorn, huge cup of Hawaiian punch laced with an equal amount of Everclear, and a ridiculously tiny umbrella to shade their girth from the harsh rays of the sun. They are irresponsible and they lie to protect their own oily hide. They are cowards, but only if they actually believe the nonsense they mutter under their breath. They slobber and sputter....point and grunt, yet never bother themselves to do a damn thing. They have no initiative of their own, other than bowel movements, which are signaled days in advance. They are lazy and dishonest and they want me (and millions more much like myself) to sit down and shut the hell up....they cannot hear the television.

Anonymous DonReynolds June 30, 2017 10:17 AM  

@125 a deplorable rubberducky
You are correct.
If we wait to unseat the incumbents at the general election, we have already lost.

In 1980, I printed thousands of bumper stickers (which proved very popular)....
DON'T RE-ELECT ANYBODY

Blogger Mac Balzac June 30, 2017 2:15 PM  

Either the GOP reforms itself along Trumpian lines or a new "America First Party" which fuses the Alt-Right and the Alt-Left together, needs to be formed to replace their sorry asses.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts