ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2017 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Saturday, August 05, 2017

Dissent at Google

This is the document being circulated among those Googlers dissenting from the converged regime there. Needless to say, it has resulted in utter outrage among the SJWs there and the inevitable witch hunt. It will be interesting to see what happens when the culprit is revealed and what excuse is given for his firing. One hopes he has read SJWAL, or at least the SJW Attack Survival Guide.

Reply to public response and misrepresentation

I value diversity and inclusion, am not denying that sexism exists, and don’t endorse using stereotypes. When addressing the gap in representation in the population, we need to look at population level differences in distributions. If we can’t have an honest discussion about this, then we can never truly solve the problem. Psychological safety is built on mutual respect and acceptance, but unfortunately our culture of shaming and misrepresentation is disrespectful and unaccepting of anyone outside its echo chamber. Despite what the public response seems to have been, I’ve gotten many personal messages from fellow Googlers expressing their gratitude for bringing up these very important issues which they agree with but would never have the courage to say or defend because of our shaming culture and the possibility of being fired. This needs to change.

TL:DR

Google’s political bias has equated the freedom from offense with psychological safety, but shaming into silence is the antithesis of psychological safety.
This silencing has created an ideological echo chamber where some ideas are too sacred to be honestly discussed.
The lack of discussion fosters the most extreme and authoritarian elements of this ideology.
Extreme: all disparities in representation are due to oppression
Authoritarian: we should discriminate to correct for this oppression
Differences in distributions of traits between men and women may in part explain why we don’t have 50% representation of women in tech and leadership. Discrimination to reach equal representation is unfair, divisive, and bad for business.

Background [1]

People generally have good intentions, but we all have biases which are invisible to us. Thankfully, open and honest discussion with those who disagree can highlight our blind spots and help us grow, which is why I wrote this document.[2] Google has several biases and honest discussion about these biases is being silenced by the dominant ideology. What follows is by no means the complete story, but it’s a perspective that desperately needs to be told at Google.

Google’s biases

At Google, we talk so much about unconscious bias as it applies to race and gender, but we rarely discuss our moral biases. Political orientation is actually a result of deep moral preferences and thus biases. Considering that the overwhelming majority of the social sciences, media, and Google lean left, we should critically examine these prejudices.

Left Biases
  • Compassion for the weak
  • Disparities are due to injustices
  • Humans are inherently cooperative
  • Change is good (unstable)
  • Open
  • Idealist

Right Biases
  • Respect for the strong/authority
  • Disparities are natural and just
  • Humans are inherently competitive
  • Change is dangerous (stable)
  • Closed
  • Pragmatic
Neither side is 100% correct and both viewpoints are necessary for a functioning society or, in this case, company. A company too far to the right may be slow to react, overly hierarchical, and untrusting of others. In contrast, a company too far to the left will constantly be changing (deprecating much loved services), over diversify its interests (ignoring or being ashamed of its core business), and overly trust its employees and competitors.

Only facts and reason can shed light on these biases, but when it comes to diversity and inclusion, Google’s left bias has created a politically correct monoculture that maintains its hold by shaming dissenters into silence. This silence removes any checks against encroaching extremist and authoritarian policies. For the rest of this document, I’ll concentrate on the extreme stance that all differences in outcome are due to differential treatment and the authoritarian element that’s required to actually discriminate to create equal representation.

Possible non-bias causes of the gender gap in tech [3]

At Google, we’re regularly told that implicit (unconscious) and explicit biases are holding women back in tech and leadership. Of course, men and women experience bias, tech, and the workplace differently and we should be cognizant of this, but it’s far from the whole story.

On average, men and women biologically differ in many ways. These differences aren’t just socially constructed because:
  • They’re universal across human cultures
  • They often have clear biological causes and links to prenatal testosterone
  • Biological males that were castrated at birth and raised as females often still identify and act like males
  • The underlying traits are highly heritable
  • They’re exactly what we would predict from an evolutionary psychology perspective
Note, I’m not saying that all men differ from women in the following ways or that these differences are “just.” I’m simply stating that the distribution of preferences and abilities of men and women differ in part due to biological causes and that these differences may explain why we don’t see equal representation of women in tech and leadership. Many of these differences are small and there’s significant overlap between men and women, so you can’t say anything about an individual given these population level distributions.



Personality differences

Women, on average, have more:

  • Openness directed towards feelings and aesthetics rather than ideas. Women generally also have a stronger interest in people rather than things, relative to men (also interpreted as empathizing vs. systemizing).
  • These two differences in part explain why women relatively prefer jobs in social or artistic areas. More men may like coding because it requires systemizing and even within SWEs, comparatively more women work on front end, which deals with both people and aesthetics.
  • Extraversion expressed as gregariousness rather than assertiveness. Also, higher agreeableness.
  • This leads to women generally having a harder time negotiating salary, asking for raises, speaking up, and leading. Note that these are just average differences and there’s overlap between men and women, but this is seen solely as a women’s issue. This leads to exclusory programs like Stretch and swaths of men without support.
  • Neuroticism (higher anxiety, lower stress tolerance).This may contribute to the higher levels of anxiety women report on Googlegeist and to the lower number of women in high stress jobs.

Note that contrary to what a social constructionist would argue, research suggests that “greater nation-level gender equality leads to psychological dissimilarity in men’s and women’s personality traits.” Because as “society becomes more prosperous and more egalitarian, innate dispositional differences between men and women have more space to develop and the gap that exists between men and women in their personality becomes wider.” We need to stop assuming that gender gaps imply sexism.

Men’s higher drive for status

We always ask why we don’t see women in top leadership positions, but we never ask why we see so many men in these jobs. These positions often require long, stressful hours that may not be worth it if you want a balanced and fulfilling life.

Status is the primary metric that men are judged on[4], pushing many men into these higher paying, less satisfying jobs for the status that they entail. Note, the same forces that lead men into high pay/high stress jobs in tech and leadership cause men to take undesirable and dangerous jobs like coal mining, garbage collection, and firefighting, and suffer 93% of work-related deaths.

Non-discriminatory ways to reduce the gender gap

Below I’ll go over some of the differences in distribution of traits between men and women that I outlined in the previous section and suggest ways to address them to increase women’s representation in tech and without resorting to discrimination. Google is already making strides in many of these areas, but I think it’s still instructive to list them:

  • Women on average show a higher interest in people and men in things
  • We can make software engineering more people-oriented with pair programming and more collaboration. Unfortunately, there may be limits to how people-oriented certain roles and Google can be and we shouldn’t deceive ourselves or students into thinking otherwise (some of our programs to get female students into coding might be doing this).
  • Women on average are more cooperative
  • Allow those exhibiting cooperative behavior to thrive. Recent updates to Perf may be doing this to an extent, but maybe there’s more we can do. This doesn’t mean that we should remove all competitiveness from Google. Competitiveness and self reliance can be valuable traits and we shouldn’t necessarily disadvantage those that have them, like what’s been done in education. Women on average are more prone to anxiety. Make tech and leadership less stressful. Google already partly does this with its many stress reduction courses and benefits.
  • Women on average look for more work-life balance while men have a higher drive for status on average
  • Unfortunately, as long as tech and leadership remain high status, lucrative careers, men may disproportionately want to be in them. Allowing and truly endorsing (as part of our culture) part time work though can keep more women in tech.
  • The male gender role is currently inflexible
  • Feminism has made great progress in freeing women from the female gender role, but men are still very much tied to the male gender role. If we, as a society, allow men to be more “feminine,” then the gender gap will shrink, although probably because men will leave tech and leadership for traditionally feminine roles.

Philosophically, I don’t think we should do arbitrary social engineering of tech just to make it appealing to equal portions of both men and women. For each of these changes, we need principles reasons for why it helps Google; that is, we should be optimizing for Google—with Google’s diversity being a component of that. For example currently those trying to work extra hours or take extra stress will inevitably get ahead and if we try to change that too much, it may have disastrous consequences. Also, when considering the costs and benefits, we should keep in mind that Google’s funding is finite so its allocation is more zero-sum than is generally acknowledged.

The Harm of Google’s biases

I strongly believe in gender and racial diversity, and I think we should strive for more. However, to achieve a more equal gender and race representation, Google has created several discriminatory practices:

  • Programs, mentoring, and classes only for people with a certain gender or race [5]
  • A high priority queue and special treatment for “diversity” candidates
  • Hiring practices which can effectively lower the bar for “diversity” candidates by decreasing the false negative rate
  • Reconsidering any set of people if it’s not “diverse” enough, but not showing that same scrutiny in the reverse direction (clear confirmation bias)
  • Setting org level OKRs for increased representation which can incentivize illegal discrimination [6]

These practices are based on false assumptions generated by our biases and can actually increase race and gender tensions. We’re told by senior leadership that what we’re doing is both the morally and economically correct thing to do, but without evidence this is just veiled left ideology[7] that can irreparably harm Google.

Why we’re blind

We all have biases and use motivated reasoning to dismiss ideas that run counter to our internal values. Just as some on the Right deny science that runs counter to the “God > humans > environment” hierarchy (e.g., evolution and climate change) the Left tends to deny science concerning biological differences between people (e.g., IQ[8] and sex differences). Thankfully, climate scientists and evolutionary biologists generally aren’t on the right. Unfortunately, the overwhelming majority of humanities and social scientists learn left (about 95%), which creates enormous confirmation bias, changes what’s being studied, and maintains myths like social constructionism and the gender wage gap[9]. Google’s left leaning makes us blind to this bias and uncritical of its results, which we’re using to justify highly politicized programs.

In addition to the Left’s affinity for those it sees as weak, humans are generally biased towards protecting females. As mentioned before, this likely evolved because males are biologically disposable and because women are generally more cooperative and areeable than men. We have extensive government and Google programs, fields of study, and legal and social norms to protect women, but when a man complains about a gender issue issue [sic] affecting men, he’s labelled as a misogynist and whiner[10]. Nearly every difference between men and women is interpreted as a form of women’s oppression. As with many things in life, gender differences are often a case of “grass being greener on the other side”; unfortunately, taxpayer and Google money is spent to water only one side of the lawn.

The same compassion for those seen as weak creates political correctness[11], which constrains discourse and is complacent to the extremely sensitive PC-authoritarians that use violence and shaming to advance their cause. While Google hasn’t harbored the violent leftists protests that we’re seeing at universities, the frequent shaming in TGIF and in our culture has created the same silence, psychologically unsafe environment.

Suggestions

I hope it’s clear that I’m not saying that diversity is bad, that Google or society is 100% fair, that we shouldn’t try to correct for existing biases, or that minorities have the same experience of those in the majority. My larger point is that we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism).

My concrete suggestions are to:

De-moralize diversity.

  • As soon as we start to moralize an issue, we stop thinking about it in terms of costs and benefits, dismiss anyone that disagrees as immoral, and harshly punish those we see as villains to protect the “victims.”

Stop alienating conservatives.

  • Viewpoint diversity is arguably the most important type of diversity and political orientation is one of the most fundamental and significant ways in which people view things differently.
  • In highly progressive environments, conservatives are a minority that feel like they need to stay in the closet to avoid open hostility. We should empower those with different ideologies to be able to express themselves.
  • Alienating conservatives is both non-inclusive and generally bad business because conservatives tend to be higher in conscientiousness, which is require for much of the drudgery and maintenance work characteristic of a mature company.

Confront Google’s biases.

  • I’ve mostly concentrated on how our biases cloud our thinking about diversity and inclusion, but our moral biases are farther reaching than that.
  • I would start by breaking down Googlegeist scores by political orientation and personality to give a fuller picture into how our biases are affecting our culture.
  • Stop restricting programs and classes to certain genders or races.

These discriminatory practices are both unfair and divisive. Instead focus on some of the non-discriminatory practices I outlined.
Have an open and honest discussion about the costs and benefits of our diversity programs.

  • Discriminating just to increase the representation of women in tech is as misguided and biased as mandating increases for women’s representation in the homeless, work-related and violent deaths, prisons, and school dropouts.
  • There’s currently very little transparency into the extend of our diversity programs which keeps it immune to criticism from those outside its ideological echo chamber.
  • These programs are highly politicized which further alienates non-progressives.
  • I realize that some of our programs may be precautions against government accusations of discrimination, but that can easily backfire since they incentivize illegal discrimination.

Focus on psychological safety, not just race/gender diversity.

  • We should focus on psychological safety, which has shown positive effects and should (hopefully) not lead to unfair discrimination.
  • We need psychological safety and shared values to gain the benefits of diversity
  • Having representative viewpoints is important for those designing and testing our products, but the benefits are less clear for those more removed from UX.

De-emphasize empathy.

  • I’ve heard several calls for increased empathy on diversity issues. While I strongly support trying to understand how and why people think the way they do, relying on affective empathy—feeling another’s pain—causes us to focus on anecdotes, favor individuals similar to us, and harbor other irrational and dangerous biases. Being emotionally unengaged helps us better reason about the facts.

Prioritize intention.

  • Our focus on microaggressions and other unintentional transgressions increases our sensitivity, which is not universally positive: sensitivity increases both our tendency to take offense and our self censorship, leading to authoritarian policies. Speaking up without the fear of being harshly judged is central to psychological safety, but these practices can remove that safety by judging unintentional transgressions.
  • Microaggression training incorrectly and dangerously equates speech with violence and isn’t backed by evidence.

Be open about the science of human nature.

  • Once we acknowledge that not all differences are socially constructed or due to discrimination, we open our eyes to a more accurate view of the human condition which is necessary if we actually want to solve problems.

Reconsider making Unconscious Bias training mandatory for promo committees.

  • We haven’t been able to measure any effect of our Unconscious Bias training and it has the potential for overcorrecting or backlash, especially if made mandatory.
  • Some of the suggested methods of the current training (v2.3) are likely useful, but the political bias of the presentation is clear from the factual inaccuracies and the examples shown.
  • Spend more time on the many other types of biases besides stereotypes. Stereotypes are much more accurate and responsive to new information than the training suggests (I’m not advocating for using stereotypes, I [sic] just pointing out the factual inaccuracy of what’s said in the training).

[1] This document is mostly written from the perspective of Google’s Mountain View campus, I can’t speak about other offices or countries.

[2] Of course, I may be biased and only see evidence that supports my viewpoint. In terms of political biases, I consider myself a classical liberal and strongly value individualism and reason. I’d be very happy to discuss any of the document further and provide more citations.

[3] Throughout the document, by “tech”, I mostly mean software engineering.

[4] For heterosexual romantic relationships, men are more strongly judged by status and women by beauty. Again, this has biological origins and is culturally universal.

[5] Stretch, BOLD, CSSI, Engineering Practicum (to an extent), and several other Google funded internal and external programs are for people with a certain gender or race.

[6] Instead set Googlegeist OKRs, potentially for certain demographics. We can increase representation at an org level by either making it a better environment for certain groups (which would be seen in survey scores) or discriminating based on a protected status (which is illegal and I’ve seen it done). Increased representation OKRs can incentivize the latter and create zero-sum struggles between orgs.

[7] Communism promised to be both morally and economically superior to capitalism, but every attempt became morally corrupt and an economic failure. As it became clear that the working class of the liberal democracies wasn’t going to overthrow their “capitalist oppressors,” the Marxist intellectuals transitioned from class warfare to gender and race politics. The core oppressor-oppressed dynamics remained, but now the oppressor is the “white, straight, cis-gendered patriarchy.”

[8] Ironically, IQ tests were initially championed by the Left when meritocracy meant helping the victims of the aristocracy.

[9] Yes, in a national aggregate, women have lower salaries than men for a variety of reasons. For the same work though, women get paid just as much as men. Considering women spend more money than men and that salary represents how much the employees sacrifices (e.g. more hours, stress, and danger), we really need to rethink our stereotypes around power.

[10] “The traditionalist system of gender does not deal well with the idea of men needing support. Men are expected to be strong, to not complain, and to deal with problems on their own. Men’s problems are more often seen as personal failings rather than victimhood,, due to our gendered idea of agency. This discourages men from bringing attention to their issues (whether individual or group-wide issues), for fear of being seen as whiners, complainers, or weak.”

[11] Political correctness is defined as “the avoidance of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult groups of people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against,” which makes it clear why it’s a phenomenon of the Left and a tool of authoritarians.

Labels: ,

158 Comments:

Anonymous Kreator August 05, 2017 5:54 PM  

It starts, the pendulum is starting to swing on the other side, and it is not going to stop.

SJWs chose war; we chose victory!

Blogger Cataline Sergius August 05, 2017 6:04 PM  

I shall now reveal my own bias.

I had no idea that anyone on the Right worked at Google.

Good luck to you, whoever you are. I hope you survive the witch hunt.

Anonymous Nathan August 05, 2017 6:07 PM  

Writing this was brave and necessary. Hopefully the author can avoid becoming a martyr.

Blogger weka August 05, 2017 6:08 PM  

Google will cast him out because diversity is the lie they must encourage.

Anonymous Christopherson August 05, 2017 6:10 PM  

Well written, my guess is someone who follows Jordan Peterson - he's thoroughly understanding it an applying it to the culture around him, impressive.

And of course, the culture of "shame and misrepresentation" is already sharpening their knives

Blogger James August 05, 2017 6:13 PM  

It would appear that Neo has not taken the red pill yet. But, he is looking for Morpheus.

Anonymous Stickwick August 05, 2017 6:14 PM  

Sounds like whoever wrote this has been listening to Jordan Peterson.

-----

Some of the female responses to the document:

Today's rage-read (at work): doc essentially saying that women are unsuited for tech because they like people, whilst men like things.

If HR does nothing in this case, I will consider leaving this company for real for the first time in five years.

Reportedly, the "vast majority" of people at Google don't endorse the document, but just the knowledge that one person, somewhere at Google deviates from SJW groupthink -- and might go unpunished for it -- is enough to send these women over the edge. These women don't see any irony whatsoever in reacting hysterically over someone pointing out differences between the sexes...

Anonymous Reenay August 05, 2017 6:18 PM  

I've never really liked word salads, but this is one excellent word salad with copious dressings of red pill sauce. I think I'll work on sharing this with others.

Blogger #7139 August 05, 2017 6:23 PM  

Somebody at Google has very naughty thoughts. And they wrote them down. How dare they!

Blogger tz August 05, 2017 6:25 PM  

Hire him - for infogalactic, or whatever else.

Google is at the SJW convergence pivot point. It will either crash with the attack on content creators (someone recently had their entire account including email deleted), or it will (alt-)right itself.

Anonymous Marvin Boggs August 05, 2017 6:25 PM  

Very brave fellow to write that. He must actually care a great deal about Google. I hope he has an exit plan.

Blogger tz August 05, 2017 6:28 PM  

Mama bored has coverage

Including two triggered women.

Blogger tuberman August 05, 2017 6:29 PM  

O.M.G. this person will be a broken mess or will be on the front line of the haters of the Globalists/Leftists after feeling betrayed. He (I suppose) will have pitch fork, torch, and/or AR-15 at the ready. Being made an example of is not fun.

Blogger Dave August 05, 2017 6:30 PM  

Thankfully, climate scientists and evolutionary biologists generally aren’t on the right.


This person is not of the Right just slightly more of a realist than most on the the Left.

Blogger Jeffrey Johnson August 05, 2017 6:30 PM  

Looks like we found the guy to build the Google replacement after he and his friends get fired from Google for hate thought.

Blogger tz August 05, 2017 6:33 PM  

This isn't all bad. Have closed safe space rooms for those triggered, then the good employees could at 8am, 10am, 1pm, and 3pm just send them to the fainting couch to do puppies and play-Doh! for 2 hours where they woudn't interfere.

Anonymous Sam Handwich August 05, 2017 6:38 PM  

We'll see where he stands once he's fired and blacklisted from employment in tech.

Anonymous Bad Attitude August 05, 2017 6:40 PM  

The Google SJWs are going to find this guy and make an example out of him. Truth is a hate crime in the eyes of the SJWs.

Anonymous Crew August 05, 2017 6:41 PM  

Many of these differences are small and there’s significant overlap between men and women, so you can’t say anything about an individual given these population level distributions.

There is not really significant overlap. For example, men have 90% more upper body strength than women, and that is three SDs. They also have 60% more lower body strength.

Why would you expect that intellectually it is less?

Blogger tz August 05, 2017 6:41 PM  

Always searching but unable to come upon the knowledge of the truth - St. Paul.

Anonymous Tyson August 05, 2017 6:49 PM  

I can already see the resulting Salon and Guardian articles - "Why we need more H1-B visas."

Blogger Dave August 05, 2017 6:51 PM  

Stickwick wrote:Sounds like whoever wrote this has been listening to Jordan Peterson.

-----

Some of the female responses to the document:

Today's rage-read (at work): doc essentially saying that women are unsuited for tech because they like people, whilst men like things.

If HR does nothing in this case, I will consider leaving this company for real for the first time in five years.

Reportedly, the "vast majority" of people at Google don't endorse the document, but just the knowledge that one person, somewhere at Google deviates from SJW groupthink -- and might go unpunished for it -- is enough to send these women over the edge. These women don't see any irony whatsoever in reacting hysterically over someone pointing out differences between the sexes...



For real!

The other woman admits she can't control her emotions while reading a document. What happens when she receives an unfavorable review or a critical report of her department?

Blogger tz August 05, 2017 6:53 PM  

H1-Bs are almost all cis-male- indo-EUROPEAN. Indians (dot) are generally dark skinned but still half-european. The British Empire got along better with India than with China.

Blogger praetorian August 05, 2017 6:53 PM  

Please be Sergey, please be Sergey, please be Sergey...

I had no idea that anyone on the Right worked at Google.

This person isn't right-wing, just not-insanely SJW. He mouths the usual platitudes towards diversity and females. Maybe it's all crypsis and he is really /ourguy/ but I think it is far more likely that he is a Jordan-Peterson-12-months-ago style liberal.

Blogger tz August 05, 2017 6:56 PM  

The path to the crash is known.
Twitter is following it.
But from a high enough altitude it can take time, especially if for a few months someone sane pulls up on the stick.

Blogger ace August 05, 2017 6:57 PM  

It would be useful if there were a pat phrase for the way moderates weaken their polemics with apologetic qualifiers. "This is not to say that...", "Of course, historically...", "I don't mean to imply..." and so on, followed by prostration. The only thing it accomplishes is to show the enemy that they're already afraid of being labeled a counter-revolutionary. Rather than calming the enemy, it incites them to action.

I forward this shameful tactic should be called rhetorical appeasement. It's intuitive and implicitly casts the enemy in the role of the Hitler-figure who must be destroyed and not reasoned with or conceded to.

Blogger tz August 05, 2017 6:57 PM  

Now is Google going to go through public records to find dissenters (see what and how Eich)?

Blogger Dave August 05, 2017 6:58 PM  

Crew wrote:Many of these differences are small and there’s significant overlap between men and women, so you can’t say anything about an individual given these population level distributions.

There is not really significant overlap. For example, men have 90% more upper body strength than women, and that is three SDs. They also have 60% more lower body strength.

Why would you expect that intellectually it is less?


Whoa, hold on there, hoss. Remember the intended audience; everything must be couched as delicately as possible.

Blogger praetorian August 05, 2017 7:00 PM  

Sounds like whoever wrote this has been listening to Jordan Peterson.

Yep. A lot of it is directly lifted from his stuff, including the idea that you need both liberals (high openness) to innovate and conservatives (high orderliness) to maintain.

It will be interesting to see how to the far right Peterson ends up going. There were some posts on the chans that were potentially from him and indicated that he was undergoing the alt-right molting process, and we know that he is a great admirer of Solzhenitsyn and knows about "200 Years Together". When asked about it, he was pretty circumspect.

As an aside, it sure would be nice if a publisher would do an english translation of that book.

Blogger Cail Corishev August 05, 2017 7:02 PM  

He bends over backwards to compliment the leftists by putting a positive spin on all their crappy traits, but he needn't have bothered. That won't save him a bit. He was doomed as a badthinker by the time he got to "population level differences in distributions" in the second sentence. That's exactly what you're not allowed to Notice.

Blogger Shamgar August 05, 2017 7:02 PM  

No surprise it's from someone in the Mountain View campus. Right in the middle of Silicon Valley you can see the differences between races. East Palo Alto is not Palo Alto.

Blogger Quilp August 05, 2017 7:04 PM  

"We should focus on psychological safety, which has shown positive effects and should (hopefully) not lead to unfair discrimination.
We need psychological safety and shared values to gain the benefits of diversity"

That seems almost worse than virtue signaling, Xe throws the term "psychological safety" around like snowflakes use offended. Also, Zir takes the time to *, number and define other terms & concepts, but leaves that wide open to interpretation.

He gets a lot right, but I sense he might enjoy the increased feminization among males for which he argues.

The left moralizing over anything, diversity especially, is the entire point for many. Absolute moral certainty is something cultivated, almost as we on the right would consider good habits leading to virtue. Arguing for removing that aspect is tantamount to telling these people they can never eat ice cream, have sex, or binge watch "girls" ever again. Let the rage commence.

Blogger Brad L August 05, 2017 7:07 PM  

"Building an open, inclusive environment is core to who we are, and the right thing to do. 'Nuff said."

She misspelled anti-white-male.

Anonymous MIG August 05, 2017 7:07 PM  

OT: There has been no discussion of McMaster on this blog. What are your thoughts? Why is Trump doing nothing?

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 05, 2017 7:08 PM  

Crew wrote:Why would you expect that intellectually it is less?

tz wrote:H1-Bs are almost all cis-male- indo-EUROPEAN. Indians (dot) are generally dark skinned but still half-european. The British Empire got along better with India than with China.
So what?
1) Hindus are not Indo-European. The Hindu Language is of the Indo-Eurpoean language family. It descends from Sanskrit (holy writing), the Indo-Iranian language of an Aryan tribe that conquered the sub Continent millenia ago. That Indo-European tribe disappeared into the filthy black hole that is Indian genetics,a s the Greek population did in classical times, and the British are doing even today. Indians, yes, even the Brahmins, are literally a separate sub-species from either Blacks or Whites. The amount of European genetics is <0.001%

2)Hindus are the cancer in the American IT industry. Uncontrolled growth of useless tissue that outcompetes productive tissue for resources, displaces healthy tissue, disrupts normal function, and eventually kills the patient.

Anonymous Looking Glass August 05, 2017 7:09 PM  

He needs to read SJWAL. Then he needs to find a lawyer and prepare Sex & Racial Discrimination lawsuits, along with Defamation & Slander. They'll turn on the internal analytics to find the guy, so he'll be found.

He better get ready because he isn't safe. Be ready to slaughter the "Googlers".

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 05, 2017 7:09 PM  

Crew wrote:Why would you expect that intellectually it is less?
Because if he doesn't, the women will start shrieking and crying and demanding and it'll be yet another shit show.

Blogger Were-Puppy August 05, 2017 7:12 PM  

You know who wrote that?

An F'n White Male!

Anonymous MIG August 05, 2017 7:12 PM  

@19 Crew
IQ-wise, there are more outliers among men, but the average IQ is the same.

Blogger VD August 05, 2017 7:13 PM  

I forward this shameful tactic should be called rhetorical appeasement. It's intuitive and implicitly casts the enemy in the role of the Hitler-figure who must be destroyed and not reasoned with or conceded to.

It's not rhetoric at all. It's dialectic. This guy is not right-wing. He's just a sane, intelligent, probably mostly apolitical dialectic speaker.

He will probably be surprised at the intensity of the reaction.

Anonymous MIG August 05, 2017 7:16 PM  

@35 Wait, wasn't there some very recent genetic study claiming that modern Greeks are essentially the same as ancient Greeks?

Blogger ace August 05, 2017 7:17 PM  

@30

There's a slo-mo guys video of a shirtless man getting tased. You can see his muscles tense up, but the subject himself has a serene expression and hasn't realized it yet. That's the sort of feeling I got, reading that bit.

Anonymous Whitey Whiteman III August 05, 2017 7:20 PM  

>rhetorical appeasement

I propose, "Lubricating the cornhole"

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 05, 2017 7:22 PM  

Oh boy, Google is f***'t one way or another. Apparently the DOL is currently maniacally flinging fistfuls of red tape and dung around in Google's mouth, which point it arrived at in quite a rapid and incensed manner after crawling vicariously up Google's a**.

Not only that, but it sounds like the DOL didn't think drinking the SJW/cultural marxist Kool-Aid was enough. At least, not when BECOMING the Kool-Aid was an option.

Google's on the short end of a long gangplank over an ideological desert full of land whales maniacally dual-wielding chainsaws and death wishes. The ropes may be coming loose, but that's only because one of the land whales (DOL) is chewing toothily on them from its perch engorged over the top half of Google's body.

Google's only options are to drown in a sea of land whales, or do the same thing, but more energetically.

Anonymous Carbon blob August 05, 2017 7:28 PM  

@19

Yeah, that was a really weak statement by OP. From which part of the distribution does he/she want Google to hire technical people?

Blogger Dirtnapninja August 05, 2017 7:28 PM  

Thought begets Heresy.
Heresy begets retribution.

Blogger ace August 05, 2017 7:29 PM  

@40

I don't mean the whole work, which is like you say. I mean flourishes like this: "I hope it’s clear that I’m not saying that diversity is bad, that Google or society is 100% fair, that we shouldn’t try to correct for existing biases, or that minorities have the same experience of those in the majority."

All of which I'm sure he does believe, but it won't do him the good he thinks it will. All it does is weaken his position and mark him out as a soft target. In other words, it's a bad strategy regardless of whether you believe the things you're saying to appease the enemy.

Blogger tz August 05, 2017 7:29 PM  

Giggle responds

Blogger Dave August 05, 2017 7:29 PM  

He will probably be surprised at the intensity of the reaction.

LawDog must be rubbing off on you. I'm preparing my popcorn and drinks in anticipation of watching the Mother of all SJW witch-hunts.

Blogger dc.sunsets August 05, 2017 7:30 PM  

Astonishing how clearly wasteful is the environment in these tech darlings.

They're apparently all like Titanics with their top decks overloaded with dead weight.

Capsize is all but assured.

Blogger Charles Martel August 05, 2017 7:34 PM  

"I value diversity and inclusion..."

I don't. I'm bloody sick of it. It's utter rot.

Blogger Cail Corishev August 05, 2017 7:34 PM  

He will probably be surprised at the intensity of the reaction.

Definitely. He's clued-in enough that he didn't post it under his own name, but he will still think that his disclaimers and appeals to fairness on both sides will soften the reaction.

Anonymous Looking Glass August 05, 2017 7:35 PM  

tz beat me to the response link.


@50 dc.sunsets

The VC model actually doesn't work. That it spawned Google & Facebook doesn't mean the model "works". And in the companies that do make money (the few), they come into being as a proper business entity with so much baggage that it carries on for years. Every time I've seen inside views of the "Googlers", my first thought is, "you could fire half of the people and not cause a problem".

Actually, firing half of them would solve a lot of Google's problems.

Blogger Cail Corishev August 05, 2017 7:43 PM  

They're apparently all like Titanics with their top decks overloaded with dead weight.

Extremely. Some of these big tech companies started out as just a couple guys, and business grew so fast that they had to hire a lot of people in a hurry, and they never got out of the habit. What else are you gonna do with all that money, except hire more people to do.....things?

Anonymous fop August 05, 2017 7:44 PM  

Poor little aspie. When he is fired and publicly shamed I will send a few bucks to his inevitable GoFundMe.

Blogger Stephen Murray August 05, 2017 7:45 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Anonymous buddy August 05, 2017 7:45 PM  

affirmative action is genetic based discrimination. since the left doesn't believe in race and believes it believes in science, "genetic" is a more useful word in communication with the left than "race". every leftist believes in evolution and genetics.

Anonymous johnc August 05, 2017 7:54 PM  

I read a post last week on /r/The_Donald from somebody who claims to have worked for a large tech-related company (not in CA if I understood correctly, but in a liberal region) and despite being in charge of hundreds of tech workers and having very good performance reviews, he was just fired because he expressed conservative-leaning views in the office. The way he worded it, there was a lot of left-wing politics talk, and his co-workers on occasion managed to draw him into the conversations where he expressed his own views.

Speaking from experience... the tech industry is incredibly converged. Probably 90%, easily. It's also why everything in this industry is a broken, unusable trainwreck.

Anonymous Jeff August 05, 2017 7:54 PM  

"Diversity and inclusion"

Barf.

Blogger Mark August 05, 2017 7:58 PM  

Some of this might explain why my wife does not think the Jerky Boys are hilarious?

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 05, 2017 7:58 PM  

@57. buddy, just because belief in evolution and genetics are seemingly core elements of how the left descended to their current state, doesn't mean they actually are needful at all. The jump to cultural marxism is both clear and huge, and it is, on its face, a monolithic FU to any form of dialectic or logic.

From that point forward, the left no longer even cared slightly about appearing to be logical or unbiased. They had (they thought) enough power to jump straight to the "HERESY! BURN THE INFIDELS!" stage, no logic or coherent thought required.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 05, 2017 8:03 PM  

"Diversity and inclusion"

"Barf."


"Oh look God, its time to turn up the sun, and reaaaly show the heretics what burning feels like! I know you've got that get out of jail free card for those who repent, but who are we kidding? They aren't going to repent. I also realize I'm liable to get an extreme sunburn from that Charity-fire in the process, but whatever, I'll feel better with half of my body holy-burned away than with the conscience you gave me paroxysmically tormented like this!"

Blogger Ransom Smith August 05, 2017 8:09 PM  

I feel for this poor guy, he's probably just a decent delta. Trying to work hard and make a good life.

And he's probably going to get raked over coals.

Anonymous Rfvujm August 05, 2017 8:14 PM  

Apparently this document broker as a gizmodo exclusive. All the MSM reports on it are telling us how awful that individual who wrote it is. I'm sure the next articles will be about who it was and how he "voluntarily" apologized and resigned.

If you're working in tech and you haven't read SJWAL, what are you waiting for? It could save your hide.

Blogger Cloudswrest August 05, 2017 8:19 PM  

Here is the reponse from Google's "Vice President of Diversity" (I'm not making up this title!).

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/vbv54d/google-on-anti-diversity-manifesto-employees-must-feel-safe-sharing-their-opinions

Except below (emphasis mine):

Many of you have read an internal document shared by someone in our engineering organization, expressing views on the natural abilities and characteristics of different genders, as well as whether one can speak freely of these things at Google. And like many of you, I found that it advanced incorrect assumptions about gender. I'm not going to link to it here as it's not a viewpoint that I or this company endorses, promotes or encourages.

Diversity and inclusion are a fundamental part of our values and the culture we continue to cultivate. We are unequivocal in our belief that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success as a company, and we'll continue to stand for that and be committed to it for the long haul. As Ari Balogh said in his internal G+ post, "Building an open, inclusive environment is core to who we are, and the right thing to do. 'Nuff said. "

Anonymous Longtime Lurker August 05, 2017 8:23 PM  

Alt Google. Dig it.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 05, 2017 8:29 PM  

MIG wrote:@35 Wait, wasn't there some very recent genetic study claiming that modern Greeks are essentially the same as ancient Greeks?
I was talking about the Greeks in Graeco-India and Bactria.
They left essentially no genetic legacy, after only 75-100 generations. Although some historians believe the habit of the Afghan upper classes buggering young boys was inherited from the Greeks.

Blogger bw August 05, 2017 8:32 PM  

People generally have good intentions, but..

FAIL

Blogger Dave August 05, 2017 8:33 PM  

Google's VP of "Diversity, Integrity & Governance" finds an employee advanced incorrect assumptions about gender.

This VP needs to resign immediately. Xhe has failed xer department's mission. Also xhe wrote "Nuff said"

Blogger Geir Balderson August 05, 2017 8:35 PM  

I wonder how anyone gets any real work done in these converged organizations? They seem to spend most of their time in drama!
I would fire the lot of them and order them to do the job or go away!
What a waste of time and money!

Blogger Cail Corishev August 05, 2017 8:36 PM  

"Part of building an open, inclusive environment means fostering a culture in which those with alternative views, including different political views, feel safe sharing their opinions. But that discourse needs to work alongside the principles of equal employment found in our Code of Conduct, policies, and anti-discrimination laws."

Translation: "You should feel free to share your opinions, as long as they are the correct ones."

"...Ari Balogh..."

Has to go back.

Blogger Cail Corishev August 05, 2017 8:39 PM  

Amazingly enough, Google's "Vice President of Diversity," Danielle Brown, is white. Good thing I didn't place any bets, because I would have been sure they'd fill that spot with a two-fer, at least.

Blogger SemiSpook37 August 05, 2017 8:45 PM  

The mouth-breathers over at Gizmodo have collectively lost it. GLORIOUS!!!

Anonymous Fran August 05, 2017 8:59 PM  

OT ...kind of..but looks like Youtube got attacked...say group of highly trained monkeys on the situation.

Anonymous Fran August 05, 2017 9:00 PM  

It's back now...that didn't take long.

Blogger Cecil Henry August 05, 2017 9:11 PM  

Its telling the megalomania and power hungry nature of these people.


Why don't you just do tech??

Leave people's souls alone. IT is for them to decide and tend to.

But NO: Diversity means everyone MUST think alike about the agenda of 'diversity'.

Envy endlessly repackages itself while it aims for one goal: to destroy

Anonymous buddy August 05, 2017 9:16 PM  

@61 I still think "genetic-based discrimination" is a good rhetorical device: because mostly it's true, more true than "race based", which is easily nullified by the "can't be racist against whites" counter attack. the only counter attack to "genetic based discrimination" is the claim "affirmative action is righting historical wrongs" to which I already have a super trump card ready which plays on the absurd, which is the argument that anyone of race X that has been personally wronged in their lifetime by another race (robbed, assaulted) deserves a few hundred SAT points or GPA points on their application... it is super effective because it plays by the same rules, but also goes down the path to absurdity which destroys the argument.

i think it is enough to get a leftist to at least think about it. if they are willing to talk to begin with. maybe.

Blogger wisdom wizard August 05, 2017 9:17 PM  

Unrelated, but why is Thomas Wictor constantly attacking Mike Cernovich?

Blogger James Dixon August 05, 2017 9:22 PM  

Reading over this, I'm pretty sure the writer expects to be fired and has made plans.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 05, 2017 9:30 PM  

buddy wrote:i think it is enough to get a leftist to at least think about it. if they are willing to talk to begin with. maybe.
your statement contains this phrase:
"..enough to get a leftist to at least think..."

There's not enough anything to do that. The nature of the Leftist is that they have rejected thinking wholesale, and instead substitute various thought-like process, such as sloganeering, critique, sneering, posing and virtue signalling.
There are many Lefties who are capable of thought, but they have been trained, or trained themselves, not to do so.

Anonymous Looking Glass August 05, 2017 9:31 PM  

@78 wisdom wizard

For whatever reason, their audiences don't like each other. At this point, their respective audiences may loathe the other side.

Wictor is generally worth listening to, as he has a good nose for this, but I don't think he's quite grasp that Cernovich is "in" on what is going on. Mike has found his niche and he's going to roll wtih it.

There's also two layers to the McMasters stuff. Cerno has been on his ass for months; the recent hit-pieces + NYT defense seems from the Cruz/#NeverTrump factions. My thinking on the subject is that McMasters is "compromised" but very useful to Trump right now. The Swamp swarmed to defend him, but McMasters isn't too much of a swamp creature himself. However, now McMasters is trapped within the situation.

Funny, that. McMasters' options and room to operate is now much more limited, he knows Trump has heard the nasty stuff about him, and moves to undermine Trump will hit the Social Media almost instantly. It's almost like there's aligned outside operations to keep the Swamp Aligned in check. Who would have a great interest in that? :)

Blogger Orville August 05, 2017 9:33 PM  

Googlegeist? At any rate, this guy seems clued in to HBD too. How dare he notice a lack of a penis in some of the best Gogglers.

This organization is already a "dead man walking", but it has enough size and momentum that it will take awhile for Goggle to come to a complete crashing halt. Some of the other Silly Valley companies will evaporate like rain on a hot sidewalk come the next big leg down in the economy.

Anonymous Clouseau August 05, 2017 9:35 PM  

Google's VP of Flapdoodle refuses to link to something because {reasons}, even though it would provide the essential context for Xer word salad.

Think about that for a second. Google VP refuses to link to something.

Blogger modsquad August 05, 2017 9:38 PM  

That dissent was respectfully worded. Two years from now it won't be.

Anonymous Bowman August 05, 2017 9:41 PM  

That centrist is ready for a "Brendan Eich", that is being attacked / marginalized until resignation.
I do admit enjoying those evidences that Google & the SV in general is corrupt beyond redemption. That makes so much room for Reconquista.

Blogger Jefferson Kim August 05, 2017 9:42 PM  

Echoes very strong of Jonathan Haidt and Stefan Molyneux

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 05, 2017 9:57 PM  

I went through the comments at Gizmondo. Well, the first couple of pages anyway. I value my brain cells, I'm saving them for beer.
Anyway, the comments are a classic mass case of "skim until offended." One commenter literally did a text search for "race" and the mere fact the word is used 8 times in 10 pages is claimed as ironclad proof of racism.Literally.
Virtually every single critical comment, and they are all critical, is based on taking a 4 or 5 word phrase without context and shrieking. Never refuting, just shrieking.
It's like reading comprehension doesn't exist on planet Gizmondo.
So glad I don't read there.

Blogger Cail Corishev August 05, 2017 9:57 PM  

it will take awhile for Goggle to come to a complete crashing halt.

Paul Graham once called Microsoft "a mountain that can walk," meaning that the amazing thing wasn't that it no longer functioned well, but that it could still function at all. Google is already headed in that direction. I just saw a boast that Google is 75% non-white, which will accelerate that process.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 05, 2017 10:02 PM  

Cail Corishev wrote:Google is 75% non-white, which will accelerate that process.
Yes, but non-White in Google's case usually means Chinese, Jewish or Hindu. Chinese and Jews often do very good IT work although the Chinese tend to "code then design", so their projects barely make it to the good enough stage, and code resets are common. Hindus can be good if you're very, very selective, which all rumors say Google is.

Blogger Cary August 05, 2017 10:06 PM  

Well the cuck response is in. Jazz Shaw at Hot Air has expressed his disappointment. It could have been a great opportunity to have a conversation about racial quotas, etc. but then this guy had to go and bring up the sex differences and waste his effort. Also, appears he hasn't read anything but descriptions of the document. It's not like there's an internet and the source is readily available.

The writer has no idea what he's in for and will not only be shocked that the leftists ignore all his well intentioned qualifications, but the conservatives will be tsk tsking him, too.

Blogger Cail Corishev August 05, 2017 10:11 PM  

@90, Good point. He might have made a girl somewhere feel bad, so conservatives will have to disavow.

Blogger Were-Puppy August 05, 2017 10:30 PM  

@48 tz

"I'm Danielle, Google's brand new VP of Diversity, Integrity & Governance."

Yipes, time to run for the hills when you hear something like this !


Blogger tz August 05, 2017 10:30 PM  

Meme: Scene: google cubicles. Brogrammer1: Where did all the women go? Brog2: They ran into the safe space after being triggered by that anti-diversity memo.

Blogger tz August 05, 2017 10:39 PM  

I’ve heard several calls for increased empathy on diversity issues. While I strongly support trying to understand how and why people think the way they do, relying on affective empathy—feeling another’s pain—causes us to focus on anecdotes, favor individuals similar to us, and harbor other irrational and dangerous biases. Being emotionally unengaged helps us better reason about the facts.

Ah, that explains it. I'm an empathic sadist. I do feel your pain. The more the better.

Anonymous Airquote Sarctag August 05, 2017 10:39 PM  

If the writer is not fully alt-right now, he will be shortly.

Blogger tz August 05, 2017 10:44 PM  

Ah, Danielle was the chief diversity officer at Intel before her recent move to Google.

Blogger Weouro August 05, 2017 10:51 PM  

Yay, a conservative is nobly and predictably patching the holes in a sinking ship, saving the snake from devouring itself, healing the enemy so he can come back stronger and kill more of what we love.

Blogger Weouro August 05, 2017 10:53 PM  

This is really the only way the left survives. It's like Atlas Shrugged.

Blogger Dirk Manly August 05, 2017 11:08 PM  

@55

After Google declares him a social pariah, I'm sure GoFundMe won't let him even make an account....or if he has one, it will be shut down.

Anonymous Mr. Rational August 05, 2017 11:18 PM  

tz wrote:Hire him - for infogalactic, or whatever else.
Anyone who can write this is probably too far left for any serious tech position.  The only legitimate attitude toward "diversity" is naked contempt.

Bad Attitude wrote:The Google SJWs are going to find this guy and make an example out of him. Truth is a hate crime in the eyes of the SJWs.
If he's been clever he has already taken a new job offer.

Blogger Troy Lee Messer August 05, 2017 11:22 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Ingot9455 August 05, 2017 11:24 PM  

@88 Remember that Google is one cash-cow department that pays for dozens of barely-break-even, kinda-lose-a-little, and lose-a-lot-now-hope-to-hit-it-big-later departments. They have lots of fat to cut and they know where it is, so we'll know the real fun is happening when they start cutting loose and dissolving pieces of the Alphabet companies.

Blogger Troy Lee Messer August 05, 2017 11:28 PM  

Is there a pool on how long it will take to expose him? A 6-pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon that says 6 days or less.

Also, had anyone seen Godfrey Elfwick lately?

Blogger Noah B The Savage Gardener August 05, 2017 11:35 PM  

@88 Not to go too far OT but from my limited experience with Windows 10 so far, it's looking like a disaster. Totally unnecessary layers of interfaces piled on top of one another, and the Blue Screen of Death is back with a vengeance.

Anonymous Mathias August 05, 2017 11:40 PM  

@104,

Good news for Linux distributors! That means that the open-source alternatives look better in comparison. I have always thought that MS would get greedy enough to drop the ball for a long enough period for the OS world to make inroads, looks like that vision is coming true.

Anonymous Anonymous August 05, 2017 11:44 PM  

"I strongly believe in gender and racial diversity"

Why though? It does nothing but cause problems.

Anonymous Mr. Rational August 05, 2017 11:54 PM  

VD wrote:This guy is not right-wing. He's just a sane, intelligent, probably mostly apolitical dialectic speaker.
Most definitely.

He will probably be surprised at the intensity of the reaction.
Eh... I'd take 2:5 odds on that.  The text shows considerable experience with the leftist imperative to purge anything not compatible with Social Justice.  There may be more awareness and canniness there than you think.  We'll find out, I expect.

dc.sunsets wrote:They're apparently all like Titanics with their top decks overloaded with dead weight.
You're thinking of the Vasa.  The Titanic never capsized.

Looking Glass wrote:Actually, firing half of them would solve a lot of Google's problems.
Especially everyone who served on a "Trust and Safety Council."  Or applied to.

@79 One hopes.

Widely Headgash wrote:your statement contains this phrase:

"..enough to get a leftist to at least think..."

There's not enough anything to do that. The nature of the Leftist is that they have rejected thinking wholesale, and instead substitute various thought-like process, such as sloganeering, critique, sneering, posing and virtue signalling.

There are many Lefties who are capable of thought, but they have been trained, or trained themselves, not to do so.

Stop that already, or I shall be forced to agree with you.  That is the omen of the apocalypse.  Cease and desist.

(yes I am LMAO why would you think otherwise?  what a time to be alive.)

Orville wrote:Some of the other Silly Valley companies will evaporate like rain on a hot sidewalk come the next big leg down in the economy.
You should see rain in Death Valley.  It becomes but a memory in seconds.  BTDT.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine August 06, 2017 12:00 AM  

@106. It's a tautology. There is no why. "It's just true."

Blogger Desiderius August 06, 2017 12:02 AM  

"One hopes he has read SJWAL, or at least the SJW Attack Survival Guide."

Given that he starts off we three disclaimers (pre-apologies), I'd say your hope is in vain. Once he's made an example of though, more people will then be open to reading it.

Blogger Desiderius August 06, 2017 12:08 AM  

"Amazingly enough, Google's 'Vice President of Diversity,' Danielle Brown, is white."

No, they understand that white chicks are where their bread is buttered. If they switch sides, the whole gig is up.

Anonymous Monster Hunter Inc. August 06, 2017 12:14 AM  

So what if this person is hunted down and fired? Google is a private company. Ever hear of the free market or the right to association? Read some libertarians like Jeffrey Tucker and get educated.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 06, 2017 12:22 AM  

Monster Hunter Inc. wrote:So what if this person is hunted down and fired? Google is a private company. Ever hear of the free market or the right to association? Read some libertarians like Jeffrey Tucker and get educated.
So what if we hunt you down and get you fired? Put your name and employer up and let us. It's not a problem, free association and all that.

Oh, and think, for more than a few seconds, before you talk. Because you sound gay and your Libertarian shit is all retarded.

Blogger Salt August 06, 2017 12:34 AM  

The fact he's spoken out shows he cares more for his employer than anyone else.

Anonymous AB.Prosper August 06, 2017 1:03 AM  

Monster Hunter Inc. wrote:So what if this person is hunted down and fired? Google is a private company. Ever hear of the free market or the right to association? Read some libertarians like Jeffrey Tucker and get educated.

Go back to "Reason" magazine where you belong.

Point #2

The Alt Right is an ALTERNATIVE to the mainstream conservative movement in the USA that is nominally encapsulated by Russel Kirk's 10 Conservative Principles, but in reality has devolved towards progressivism. It is also an alternative to libertarianism.

Note the last part.

we are not Libertarians

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 06, 2017 1:04 AM  

So what if this person is hunted down and killed? Google is a private company. Ever hear of the free market or the right to association?

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 06, 2017 1:06 AM  

"So what if the people I am professing to fight hunt this person down, destroy his career, take away his family, ruin his marriage? So what if he is reduced to janitorial work to get enough food? Don't you DARE criticize a corporation! Muh Libertarian principles are fine with that! It's their right!

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 06, 2017 1:07 AM  

"So what if the SJWs inspire some mentally unbalanced person to assassinate him. They're not responsible! You never heard of moral agency?"

Blogger Lance E August 06, 2017 1:17 AM  

Monster Hunter Inc. wrote:Ever hear of the free market or the right to association?

Communists do not have rights.

Anonymous Just another commenter August 06, 2017 1:26 AM  

I expect he'll be found suicided, three or four bullets to the back of the head.

A quibble with a largely astute piece for someone in the belly of Babylon: men are *expendable*, not "disposable." Being treated as the latter is what got us here.

Blogger red clock August 06, 2017 1:30 AM  

Whoever wrote this is a genius. Openly, repeatedly ad loudly stating that outcome differences are caused by natural differences and not oppression, is essential. Otherwise those deemed to be 'oppressing' will be demonized, marginalized and hated, all based on lies.

Anonymous Bobby Farr August 06, 2017 2:24 AM  

Poor guy. You often see this personality type among young idealists on the moderate and libertarian right. He thinks arguments matter and that the side with the strongest arguments wins. Instead, he likely just destroyed his career and won't change anything at Google. All those wasted footnotes.

Anonymous Atavisionary August 06, 2017 2:43 AM  

Ya, the gender disparity is almost completely or completely caused by sex differences and trying to "correct" it is a sissyphian task. I recommend the book "Smart and Sexy" by Roderick Kaine to get a very complete understanding of sex differences in intelligence and what causes them.

Blogger stevo August 06, 2017 2:47 AM  

I'm not a Trump supporter but...I think the alt right is evil but... I'm a feminist but...

Blogger stevo August 06, 2017 2:49 AM  

He's already there but he is pretty savvy

Blogger papabear August 06, 2017 2:54 AM  

Do tech geeks feel the need to be white knights and SJWs because they think it will make them successful with women?

Blogger Scott Birch August 06, 2017 3:02 AM  

@81 Wictor's comments on McMaster and a couple of days ago about leaks sound convincing. Every other commentator I've read seems to be involved in a he-said-she-said high school drama. Cerno has been melodramatic over this IMO. Not that I'm going to go out on a limb and dismiss him though.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 06, 2017 3:04 AM  

papabear wrote:Do tech geeks feel the need to be white knights and SJWs because they think it will make them successful with women?
No, it's because they think it's the right thing to do. Most have never really dealt with a woman on an emotional bender, and the ones that have, thought it was an individual personality.

Anonymous A Most Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Deplorable Cents August 06, 2017 3:11 AM  

Crimethink at Google? Oh, noes, where be the witch sniffers? Who shall burn him? Who shall thrown him in the mill pond?

I'm so sure the responses will be measured and logical and totally science based. Just like the "dialog on race" that nobody ever gets to have.

Bestest timeline!

Blogger Tatooine Sharpshooters' Club August 06, 2017 4:22 AM  

Problem is, despite this outpouring, the guy appears to be a cuck who believes in "evidence-based diversity":

https://twitter.com/salonium/status/894019846727360514

Anonymous Bobby Farr August 06, 2017 4:26 AM  

@129 He is almost certainly a leftist. The left has been represented by crackpots for so long that it is easy to assume that anyone who even pays lip service to facts or reason is on the right.

Blogger szopen August 06, 2017 4:54 AM  

Some of my student work at google. I presume a lot of their white workers came from the former eastern block, and so are not as brainwashed as their western-raised collegues.

Blogger Resident Moron™ August 06, 2017 5:01 AM  

Assuming the author is male, he uses the standard approach:

"I happily pretend to believe in all these (non-sensical) orthodoxies of the left, BUT (here's-why-they're-nonsense), and please don't hate me!"

The Chief Diversity scumbag uses the same pattern, but without the groveling:

"Of course diverse political opinions should be safe to share at Google, BUT if they're outside of the allowable lines we'll stomp you like a bug!"

Blogger tublecane August 06, 2017 5:12 AM  

@127-You'd think that those men would at least have dealt with female family members, as well as friends of the family. Unless they're totally unobservant, or their family has pathologically high levels of manners and secrecy (or history of mental illness, in which case he writes them off as abnormal), they'd have noticed.

But the Noticing doesn't lead to understanding or action, necessarily. Many are adept at CogDis.

Speaking of pathologies, I'm not one to pass off those with whom I disagree as having medical problems, but there may be a simple biological explanation for your "thought it was an individual personality."

Bruce Charlton talks of "clever sillies." I think he had a smaller population in mind, but the term could apply to a majority of Enlightened folk stuck in phony rationalistic traps.

Let me explain. Common sense can come off as a sickness to those interested in the great god objectivity. They put it aside so they can do their work in piece, untroubled by the Idols of the Tribe and other prejudices and superstitions. Which leads directly to them being suckered. Because reason is weak, fickle, impatient, and frankly a fraud much of the time. And "street smarts" better keeps you from getting your intellectual wallet stolen.

Case in point. The thesis is "womenz be crazy." How do we test it? Well, we can't encounter every woman on earth, let alone every woman who ever existed. So we shall observe a great number of them, all the while reserving judgement, not allowing ourselves to be tricked by what everyday experience tells us.

Because a lot of womenz could be normal, and positively masculine in their sobriety and self-control. Hey, it's possible. Let's go ahead and maje that our starting assumption, and hold onto until proven otherwise. For no real reason but that the bitch-goddess "reason" told us to.

Just because they can be sane doesn't mean that a single one is. Common sense informs us "womenz be crazy" but we're uncommon. We're thinkers! Plus, thinking uncommon things is, like, so cool. The rubes just don't get it. I'm smart by virtue of believing things that are wrong!

Thus are putatively rational people tricked into believing all manner of falsehood and stupidity.

Blogger Cail Corishev August 06, 2017 7:19 AM  

Google might have a hard time just outright firing him, now that it's so public. Often, reasonable dissenters like this quit when they realize many of their co-workers would sooner set them on fire than look at them, so I wouldn't be surprised if he saves them the trouble. Until he does, he's going to face the workplace equivalent of being stuffed in his locker a couple times a day, as the SJWs prove their tolerance by trying to haze him into resigning.

Read some libertarians like Jeffrey Tucker and get educated.

"Drink some bleach and get healthy."

Blogger Cail Corishev August 06, 2017 7:46 AM  

Do tech geeks feel the need to be white knights and SJWs because they think it will make them successful with women?

Not consciously, and it's a bit more complicated than that, but ultimately, yes. Men want to have sex with women, so we have an instinct to want to make them happy. Bring enough of them into the workplace with their preference for sociability and consensus over innovation and productivity, surround them with men who don't understand what actually makes them happy, and this is what you get. It starts with endless meetings and Ugly Sweater Day, and gets worse from there.

Here are some germane bits from an insider's account of the decline of Yahoo [with my comments]:

"As a former employee of Yahoo!, I can say with absolute conviction that the majority of the problems with the company stemmed from too many women being involved in the first place. When I started in 1999, it was mostly guys. By the time I left last year, it seemed like it was easily 75% women. [Yahoo was sued for discrimination because Marissa Mayer took top management from 20% to 80% female.] No matter what job or position they were doing, they either were out on maternity leave half the time or just getting back therefrom."

"Everyone of any value was replaced by H1Bs and women started to swell the ranks of middle management. [When you hire women as managers and foreigners to do the work, whom can you eliminate?] It was just shitty decision after shitty decision. Then they f---ed up Yahoo! Chat by taking away profiles and trying to force this worthless social networking Yahoo! 360 garbage that no one liked. [I remember Yahoo 360. Think a kinder, gentler social media that's awkward to use. Not unlike Google+, actually.]"

We see now from this poll that Google isn't as chock full of SJWs as it seemed after all. But how many women has it brought in, especially in management, where their desire for consensus leads to caving in to the squeaky wheel of the SJWs?

Blogger Shimshon August 06, 2017 7:48 AM  

@134 Maybe he'll be assigned to the rooftop, a la Big Head in Silicon Valley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66I7Mhkkl64

Blogger Avalanche August 06, 2017 7:55 AM  

@32 'That seems almost worse than virtue signaling, Xe throws the term "psychological safety" around like snowflakes use offended. Also, Zir takes the time to *, number and define other terms & concepts, but leaves that wide open to interpretation."

He's leaving cheese out for the mice... he's putting little-bitty signposts on the starts of paths down various (ha) rabbit-trails. SOME of the less converged (or just oblivious) (and there are always some) may see the path opening and set a tremulous foot on the first step... (So, Pied Piper or Judas? Hard to tell at this stage.) (CERTAINLY gonna be crucified, though.)

I feel bad for this guy because, even as a self-described 'classical liberal,' he just wrote out (and pretty well, too) his own death warrant.

Blogger Avalanche August 06, 2017 8:07 AM  

@77 "I still think "genetic-based discrimination" is a good rhetorical device"

Except the first immediate response is: "what, you're going to require genetic testing before hiring?!"

It's an accurate, but probably too dialectic, desire to MAKE them see reality. Rhetoric doesn't DO reality (or, at least, not so blatantly)!

Blogger Avalanche August 06, 2017 8:12 AM  

@89 "Yes, but non-White in Google's case usually means Chinese, Jewish or Hindu."

!!! You're not ALLOWED to count jews!! Quick! Someone call the VP of Flapdoodle (great job title!) because someone somewhere may be counting jews! Da goyim are noticing!

Blogger Avalanche August 06, 2017 8:25 AM  

@134 "Google might have a hard time just outright firing him, now that it's so public."

Time for re-education camp! Send him out to till the fields at the back of the campus! Break his eyeglasses! And for that matter his FINGERS! This play-book has been written and trialed and refined and honed!

Blogger Duke Norfolk August 06, 2017 9:10 AM  

Have they called him a Nazi yet?

Poor guy. Really naive' and earnest, but walked into a buzz saw.

Will he learn the full lesson? We can hope.

Blogger Duke Norfolk August 06, 2017 9:14 AM  

Azure Amaranthine wrote:It's a tautology. There is no why. "It's just true."

Yes, it's their One True Axiom (OK, maybe not the only one).

Blogger Duke Norfolk August 06, 2017 9:17 AM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:Oh, and think, for more than a few seconds, before you talk. Because you sound gay and your Libertarian shit is all retarded.

Come on, that HAD to be satire. Surely. (at least I hope)

Blogger David Ryan August 06, 2017 9:45 AM  

Thanks to someone with common sense, I have removed every google program from my phone and computer because of their biases and I'm a software developer that has worked in the industry for quite sometime. Many of the searches via Google show their leftest views which I will not stand for. Time for google to get a grip on proper Ethics.

Anonymous Mr. Rational August 06, 2017 11:13 AM  

Bobby Farr wrote:He thinks arguments matter and that the side with the strongest arguments wins. Instead, he likely just destroyed his career and won't change anything at Google. All those wasted footnotes.
What if Trump's EEOC goes after Google for it, though?  Imagine the seismic shift.

Anonymous Crew August 06, 2017 11:16 AM  

@19 Crew
IQ-wise, there are more outliers among men, but the average IQ is the same.


I can see that you are not well acquainted with the IQ literature.

There is persistent evidence that male mean IQ is approximately 4 points higher than female mean IQ within the white populations tested.

Secondly, males and females score differently on the sub-tests and they are blended, spindled and folded to bring into the same mean.

If we break them out it seems likely to me that males score vastly better on the sub-tests that have relevance to careers in high tech ...

Blogger Jan Minář August 06, 2017 11:17 AM  

Guys, you are missing the forest for the trees. Using emotion-based rhetoric in place of evidence-based rhetoric when your audience is autistics would be a grave mistake.

The intended audience is not diversified into SJWs and normies and alt-right. The intended audience is pretty much solid autistic smart, which means receptive to rhetoric only as far as it is 100% couched in dialectic. The profit-centre at Google are brilliant software engineers, i.e. high-analytic-IQ low-EQ autistics, i.e. dialectic-speakers.

The problem of highly-converged software shops is that you still need to hire the people you hate to do the actual work, but you are at the same time driven to constantly berating them for being who they are. This is the rallying call, and it seems it has been clearly heard by the previously-apolitical engineers, the only people who actually matter. Let's see how this plays out.

Anonymous Crew August 06, 2017 11:22 AM  

Re: Male-female differences:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886997800219
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S019188690400385X

Blogger Gunnar von Cowtown August 06, 2017 12:45 PM  

@141 I give it about 2 years before this guy goes full 1488. 6 months if he gets fired over it.

Anonymous Anonymous August 06, 2017 1:01 PM  

"Cataline Sergius August 05, 2017 6:04 PM
I shall now reveal my own bias.

I had no idea that anyone on the Right worked at Google.

Good luck to you, whoever you are. I hope you survive the witch hunt."

Tip: We're everywhere, you just don't know it. Good luck finding us!

Blogger Andrew Zolnai August 06, 2017 1:04 PM  

Thanks for that, I do counselling for men whose primary oppression are ICOK (I see OK):
- Isolation
- Cut off emotions
- Overwork
- Kill-or-be-killed
Your expose addresses all of these issues. Bon courage!

Anonymous Killua August 06, 2017 3:41 PM  

As an individual, what can you do to become psychologically stronger?

Blogger Cail Corishev August 06, 2017 4:40 PM  

By the way, if they were really committed to any sort of freedom of opinion, it would be easy to tell, because they wouldn't have tracked down the author in a matter of hours. Take his comments to heart and discuss them or don't; but if you don't want to suppress diverse opinions, why not respect his anonymity?

Blogger Mr Evilwrench August 06, 2017 7:23 PM  

He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

Blogger Mr Evilwrench August 06, 2017 7:33 PM  

@136, perhaps it was the enormous face, but your remark made me think of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwZhKGgmoUI

Blogger Frank Gappa August 07, 2017 10:52 AM  

My guess is this was most likely either an Asian male or a white gay male that wrote this. It seems the non-white conservatives on average do not have the same fears as their white counterparts, partly because they have not been effected by the psychological shaming white males have endured for the last decade.

Anonymous Anonymous August 07, 2017 9:39 PM  

#rememberdamore

Anonymous MacGyver August 08, 2017 8:49 PM  

Leí varios prejuicios en la nota :/

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts