ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2017 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Tuesday, August 08, 2017

In defense of the dark lord

John C. Wright reminds everyone that we are on the same side:
In any case, I wanted to take the opportunity to calm frazzled nerves, and to emphasize in how few matters Vox Day and I disagree.

First, we both voted for Chuck Tingle for a Hugo Award. Love is real!

Second, we both support a permanent ban on further immigration into the United States, but would settle reluctantly for a fifty year ban. We both would prefer immigrants, if they must come, to be from civilized nations, and persons who clearly offer more to the nation than the likely burden their coming imposes.

Third, we both believe Mohammedanism is incompatible with Western Civilization. Koranic Law allows neither for the Rights of Man nor any republican form of government.

Fourth, neither of us believes coerced integration of the races is desirable nor possible. There is nothing wrong with a man seeking out his own kind.

Fifth, we both regard the ‘open borders’ and ‘New World Order’ and ‘One World Government’ type talk as treason against the United States and against the West.

Sixth, we both think feminism is cancer. Woman are happier and society is healthier when brides are young, and families are large.

Seventh, we both reject the strategy embraced by GOP politicos and pundits that noble defeat is better than crass victory. The Culture War is real, it is a war, and our side has suffered decades of humiliating defeats. A gentleman does not use the Marquis of Queensbury rules with a guttersnipe, a cur, \a blackguard, or when facing a mob.

Eighth, we both call Western Civilization, the legacy of the Christian religion, Roman law, and Greek philosophy, the peak of human glory. It is worth defending; indeed, it is the only thing on this world worth defending. Everything else is cruelty, fatalism, superstition, and injustice.

Ninth, we are both nationalist, and both anti-globalist: there is no moral wrong with a nation existing nor with a nation prioritizing its own interests.

Tenth, he and I both believe that every race, nation, people, tongue and tribe has its own unique strengths and weaknesses, and possesses the sovereign right to dwell unmolested in the native culture it prefers. We both reject the subjugation of one ethnic group by another.

Eleventh, he and I hold similar views on war: imposing democracy by force, or imposing conversion by the edge of the sword, is both cruel and foolish.

Finally, he and I are both Christians, which means, we are both beloved sons of God living in a universe whose Creator has fashioned objective laws of logic, objective imperatives of morality, objective standards of truth and beauty, and also fashioned the human soul to crave and seek and be able to find these things.

The insane atheist world of moral subjectivism and cultural relativism, of deconstruction, postmodernism, and nihilism, he and I both see to be the work of darkness.
For my part, I do not concern myself in the slightest with what John thinks. As with Martin van Creveld and Steve Keen, he is one of those rare talents who is to be cherished for that talent alone; everything else is noonday shadows in comparison.

And don't forget, John showed himself to be loyal even before we were acquainted. As writer and editor, we know each other in a manner that is uniquely, and and at times even alarmingly, intimate. It's hard to describe to someone who is not a novelist, but to write fiction is, to a certain extent, to bare the soul, especially to those who know how to read deeply and see the individual revealed in the textual creation.

John is a better man than I am. I admire and respect him, and not only for his incredible literary talent. I do not expect anyone to agree with me about all things, indeed, I do not know anyone who does, including myself from only a few years ago. Remember: the man who is a failure always manages to find disagreement with others, but the man who is successful will always find a way to find common ground with his friends and allies.

Labels:

94 Comments:

Anonymous Self Aware August 08, 2017 7:29 PM  

The man who is a failure always manages to find disagreement with others.

Ironically I do not know any AltRighter who disparages allies more than Vox. Sad.

Anonymous 5343 Kinds of Deplorable August 08, 2017 7:34 PM  

I for one really appreciate what John has laid out here. I love you both regardless, but clarity is always a good thing.

Blogger JACIII August 08, 2017 7:38 PM  

Who doubted JCW was a kindred spirit of the Dark Lord, the VFM and the Dread Ilk?

Disagreements among friends is to be embraced as friends use disagreements to find truth. What points of contention have come up have been to the enlightenment of anyone paying attention. JCW may be papist, but he is our papist, and how else are we to devine what nefarious plans papists are implementing?

It's the West against the rest.

Blogger VD August 08, 2017 7:40 PM  

Ironically I do not know any AltRighter who disparages allies more than Vox.

That's totally false. I do not disparage MY allies. The fact that someone is AltRight does not make them my ally. The fact that someone is Alt Lite, libertarian, or conservative does not mean they cannot be my ally.

There are people with whom I want nothing to do even though they may share, or at least claim to share my objectives. Some are incompetent, some are untrustworthy, some simply dislike me.

Blogger 1337kestrel August 08, 2017 7:50 PM  

^^ There is some element of truth to JCW's argument that the Alt Right as a word ceased to exist when Spencer's people publicly embarrassed themselves, and the Trump coalition became a victim of its success.

Even as a lukewarm white nationalist, I'm not "on the same side" as white nationalists, just because they're white, than I am on the same side as progressives, just because they're white. There is an element of unchristian hatred to a few of them. Coincidentally, they're the ones who least fit the "right wing" category.

On the other hand, the same logic JCW applies to deprecate the term "alt right" could equally well be applied to the term "conservative," and there is some overlap in the reasons.

Blogger Rabbi B August 08, 2017 7:50 PM  

And that is what iron sharpening iron looks like. Quite refreshing. Thanks, Vox.

Blogger jdm August 08, 2017 7:54 PM  

This was a very informative post - as was (the rest of) Mr Wright's. Thanks.

Anonymous Killua August 08, 2017 7:56 PM  

"Eighth, we both call Western Civilization, the legacy of the Christian religion, Roman law, and Greek philosophy, the peak of human glory."

Couldn't agree more. Specially Greek philosophy. For me, Aristotle is the brightest mind humanity has ever had.

Blogger Cail Corishev August 08, 2017 7:57 PM  

the Alt Right as a word ceased to exist

That's funny, because I was just thinking today how well the term has held up and spread, despite the setbacks. I'm seeing it more and more even in MSM headlines. Granted, in many cases they're only naming us to try to disqualify us, but that in itself means something. And sometimes it's pretty straightforward, like the one today that said the Alt-Right was furious over the firing at Google.

Vox stuck by the name when a lot of intelligent, reasonable people thought that was a mistake, but he was right.

Anonymous Osprey August 08, 2017 8:03 PM  

One quibble about this otherwise superb essay:

The government of Iran is designed to be consistent with Koranic Law (as the ayatollahs understand it), and is genuinely a republic.

Blogger Lovekraft August 08, 2017 8:05 PM  

We're basically opposed to unearned prestige, immediate-over-longterm satisfaction, frivolousness, deception.

We are averse to that which we are aware of, so in the alt-right camp, it will get quickly straightened out.

Anything that seems to pester for too long will also get sorted out.

The main thing is to speak for the victims.

Blogger darkdoc August 08, 2017 8:08 PM  

What I know is that, over the last 8-9 years, I have learned more on this site than any other (by far) on the internet. It is
the only site I check multiple times a day. It is important to me.

I always greatly appreciate John's turn of a word or phrase. His thoughts are always well thought out - as obvious as this should be, too many speak before thinking.

Blogger Desiderius August 08, 2017 8:12 PM  

"John is a better man than I am."

You've time yet.

Keep at it.

Blogger Desiderius August 08, 2017 8:15 PM  

"Vox stuck by the name when a lot of intelligent, reasonable people thought that was a mistake, but he was right."

Well, it's more than a name, it's also (accurately, succinctly) descriptive.

If anything its use as a name has detracted from that more productive use.

Anonymous Unimpressed August 08, 2017 8:16 PM  

Wright smears the Alt-Right every chance he gets. But he kisses the butt of the guy who pays him, so it's all good.

(My brother is a cuck. I love my brother. Good dad, good husband, good guy. I also call his politics for what it is ...cucking.)

Blogger Avalanche August 08, 2017 8:18 PM  

Dear GOD, that man can write!!!

Blogger Bob Ramar August 08, 2017 8:25 PM  

Put the twelfth item as the first and you would really have something here. Otherwise the idea of Christ Jesus as Lord of your life is somewhat less meaningful.

Just my two cents, for what it is worth. Good statement, with an edit.

Anonymous Camilla Cameo August 08, 2017 8:28 PM  

@17 I'm pretty sure the intended effect was a crescendo of importance, not a decrescendo.

Blogger John Wright August 08, 2017 8:29 PM  

"Put the twelfth item as the first and you would really have something here."

Some say put the major point first and leave the unimportant things to trail last. Some say start small and build up to a big finish, so the first shall be last and the last shall be first.

It is one of those questions where having an editor is useful.

Anonymous kfg August 08, 2017 8:39 PM  

"I'm pretty sure the intended effect was a crescendo of importance . . ."

So, Greek philosophy, Roman law and the legacy of the Christian religion then, but I understand John's order.

Anonymous Überdeplorable Psychedelic Cat Grass August 08, 2017 8:40 PM  

"Honest men do not take disagreement on scientific, political, or practical matters as a bar to friendship, mutual respect, or mutual alliance."

This!

Blogger darkdoc August 08, 2017 8:40 PM  

OT: H.P. Lovecraft's book - The Call of Cthulhu (Kindle Edition) isfree today on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N7IC83O/

Blogger en_forcer August 08, 2017 8:40 PM  

I am humbled and enriched by the example both of you set.

Anonymous Splitting Hairs August 08, 2017 8:43 PM  

Vox does not believe "race defines culture". In fact he has explicitly said "race is not culture". He believes race and culture are "deeply intertwined" and he believes religion is a necessary component of one's culture. deeply intertwined I've never read or heard Vox say that race or biology determines culture.

Blogger VD August 08, 2017 8:44 PM  

It is one of those questions where having an editor is useful.

Needs more pretty girls. Also, action scene.

Blogger VD August 08, 2017 8:47 PM  

I've never read or heard Vox say that race or biology determines culture.

I think it is impossible to unravel the intertwining. John's description serves as a reasonable shorthand, as it's more accurate than the opposite.

Blogger Nate August 08, 2017 8:48 PM  

Eco was a commie.

Doesn't' change the fact that the man was a genius in the purest sense of the word.

Anonymous Frank Lurker August 08, 2017 8:55 PM  

I predict very few will comment here. No doubt Vox will delete any critical comments. But if possible, I try to avoid reading any of John's political posts. I remain a fan and loyal reader of his fantasy and SF novels. (I have also donated money to support his work). But his political stuff is cringeworthy. At best, it reads like a fedora autistic trying to rip-off GK Chesterton. At worst, it reaches Facebook levels of vapid metastasized boomerism. I realize my critique is as effective of telling a popular singer to "shut up and sing." I'm sure John can relate to googling a favorite author and being heartbroken by seeing a vapid political rant written in their name. Very few novel writers can pull off writing political essays. I really love you, John, I do. But shut up and sing. (Go ahead and delete this comment if appropriate.)

Anonymous Frank August 08, 2017 8:56 PM  

I predict very few will comment here. No doubt Vox will delete any critical comments. But if possible, I try to avoid reading any of John's political posts. I remain a fan and loyal reader of his fantasy and SF novels. (I have also donated money to support his work). But his political stuff is cringeworthy. At best, it reads like a fedora autistic trying to rip-off GK Chesterton. At worst, it reaches Facebook levels of vapid metastasized boomerism. I realize my critique is as effective of telling a popular singer to "shut up and sing." I'm sure John can relate to googling a favorite author and being heartbroken by seeing a vapid political rant written in their name. Very few novel writers can pull off writing political essays. I really love you, John, I do. But shut up and sing. (Go ahead and delete this comment if appropriate.)

Blogger Nate August 08, 2017 9:00 PM  

"Needs more pretty girls. Also, action scene."

Hey. That's some of the best literary advice ever given.

Blogger Miss Carnivorous August 08, 2017 9:01 PM  

"Brides are young".

My beautiful Sikh co-worker, AKA, Princess Jasmine, was telling me a tale yesterday day about a guy driving a BMW who drove up next to her car and tried to flirt with her and her sister. "He was old, she whined, Why would he think we'd be interested in him?"

"I got news for you, Girly, I replied. Most men, all over the world, like young women. Get used to it! You can be horrified all you like, but it doesn't change the facts."

She laughed and repeated what I said, as if it really had never occurred to her before.

Anonymous Steve August 08, 2017 9:21 PM  

I mostly read SFF when I'm reading for entertainment, and I read a lot of books.

There's a lot of good writers in the field, but most of the time, on reading a science fictional or fantastical novel, I flatter myself by thinking "I know where this story is going" or "I could write something similar".

John C. Wright is one of the very few SFF writers where neither statement even remotely begins to toy with the slightest possibly of ever potentially occuring to me.

He's obscenely talented and shockingly imaginative. A pre-Gutenberg society might've arrested him for being some sort of textual thaumaturge or storytelling sorcerer.

On reading a JCW story as an amateur wordslinger, I know exactly how the fictional F. Murray Abraham version of Salieri felt when he saw Wolfgang's manuscripts.

As a reader and fan of fantastic tales, I am, naturally, reliably and ostentatiously entertained every damn time. Because seeing the name "John C. Wright" on the cover is the SFF equivalent of an instrument bearing the label "Antonius Stradivarius Cremonensis" or a cartridge stamped "Nintendo Gold Seal of Quality".

Hopefully my gushing fanboyism doesn't embarrass the maestro. I'm saying these things for two reasons:

1) It's all true
2) Good art, and the artists who make it, should be praised

There's a lot of negativity, snark, and mediocrity (or worse) in this vale of tears, and the omnipresent temptation is to become as jaded as the well-kent Pixar food critic, Anton Ego.

It is a genuine, heartfelt pleasure to be able to enjoy the works of Mr. Wright, and to share my appreciation of them. Not many authors can recapture the boyhood wonder I felt on reading THE HOBBIT for the first time, all those years ago.

But he can.

Anonymous kfg August 08, 2017 9:27 PM  

@Frank: " No doubt Vox will delete any critical comments."

Come on dooooown! You're the next contestant on The Gammas Rage.

Anonymous NobodyExpects August 08, 2017 9:30 PM  

#1

The man who is a failure always manages to find disagreement with others.

Ironically I do not know any AltRighter who disparages allies more than Vox. Sad.




Try to disagree with Larry Correia...

Anonymous Brick Hardslab August 08, 2017 9:35 PM  

@30 Miss she was telling you how pretty she is.

Blogger JaimeInTexas August 08, 2017 9:45 PM  

Question on the Roman law aspect. Is it not that Roman law views rights as granted by the government, as in civil rights or priviledges? Is the concept of natural rights compatible with Roman law?

Anonymous Johnny Mayonnaise August 08, 2017 9:48 PM  

This and the 16 Points are required reading.

One is no better or worse than the other, in the same way that the book of Matthew is no better or worse than the book of Mark.

Blogger lowercaseb August 08, 2017 9:52 PM  

The man who is successful will always find a way to find common ground with his friends and allies.

This is being copied into the commonplace book and taught to my children and grandchildren.

Anonymous praetorian August 08, 2017 10:11 PM  

One of the most unfortunate aspects of being an embittered SJW gamma male is never being able to experience the highest form of friendship, as demonstrated by these two posts.

Sad!

Blogger tz August 08, 2017 10:27 PM  

There is the abstract theory.
There is the practical advice.
And there is the practice itself.

I think this is where most of the difference occurs.

It is one thing to give soe Summa article. Another to identify enemies, vulnerabilities and how to defeat opponents.

In one sense we need both, but the hour requires the practicality and application more than the theory.

Anonymous Post Alley Crackpot August 08, 2017 11:03 PM  

"... to write fiction is, to a certain extent, to bare the soul, especially to those who know how to read deeply and see the individual revealed in the textual creation."

Do we require tickets and seating arrangements for this variation of Oscar Wilde's "The Importance of Being Earnest"? :-)

Blogger Lazarus August 08, 2017 11:05 PM  

Johnny Mayonnaise wrote:This and the 16 Points are required reading.

One is no better or worse than the other, in the same way that the book of Matthew is no better or worse than the book of Mark.


Not only that, but they are purposely different about the same thing.

Anonymous HarambeGalt August 08, 2017 11:07 PM  

"Eighth, we both call Western Civilization, the legacy of the Christian religion, Roman law, and Greek philosophy, the peak of human glory."

Wouldn't being a K-selected white people be just as important as those other three?

I haven't lurked here long enough to know, but what's VD's take on r/K theory?

Blogger Lazarus August 08, 2017 11:11 PM  

Unimpressed wrote:Wright smears the Alt-Right every chance he gets.

Smearing and and questioning are not the same thing.

Smearing and criticising are also not the same thing.

Mis-characterization is a thing unto itself.

Blogger Jack Ward August 08, 2017 11:17 PM  

@31 Steve: Yes, this. Completely! Anything I could have said about JCW you said. No wind left in this sail.

Blogger Jack Ward August 08, 2017 11:18 PM  

@22 Darkdoc. Thanks the heads up. Got it. Free can often be good.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 08, 2017 11:23 PM  

Frank wrote:No doubt Vox will delete any critical comments.
There's a reason we tell people to lurk for a couple of weeks before posting. Then they don't make dumb (cretin-level) mistakes like this.

Anonymous Irritating Pedant August 08, 2017 11:24 PM  

"the man was a genius in the purest sense of the word."

In the 'purest sense of the word,' the word "genius" does not refer to an individual.

Now let us return to pretty girls and action scenes, as the Good Lord intended.

Blogger DonReynolds August 08, 2017 11:41 PM  

My greatest achievements in this life have been the times when I made friends out of enemies. It was never easy and I cannot say they met me half way. Sometimes they did not, but we managed to find mutual respect and out of that grew affection and genuine friendship. I admit this has not happened very often....not even once a year, but I do know it is possible because I have done it in the past. Yes, it is worth doing.

Near the end of the civil war, Lincoln was talking to Grant about Lee....and instructed Grant to "let him up easy, once he is beat". That was good advice.

Anonymous CoalFiredBrisket August 08, 2017 11:52 PM  

What's wrong with converting people by the sword? It worked spectacularly well for St. Vladamir, King of the Rus.

Blogger Nick S August 08, 2017 11:53 PM  

If not for the successful incursion of SJW gatekeepers, JCW would get many more times the accolades than he currently does. History will shout the truth of it. Mark my words.

Godless postmodern relativism doesn't work on a logical or philosophical level and it certainly doesn't work on a practical level. Anybody with a lick of common sense can see this is going to blow up in their faces. Can we afford to wait for that to happen? I think not. They must be stopped or...

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 09, 2017 12:05 AM  

CoalFiredBrisket wrote:What's wrong with converting people by the sword? It worked spectacularly well for St. Vladamir, King of the Rus.
The 30 years war damn near depopulated Europe. It did depopulate large areas of Germany.
Natural Selection means that European peoples have a direct, genetic, visceral aversion to forced conversion.
Besides, it only works in Tribal or Feudal societies.

Blogger Tatooine Sharpshooters' Club August 09, 2017 12:07 AM  

Two and ten are incompatible (making 11 probably impossible), as it's been well illustrated that the mass of humanity desires not "to dwell unmolested in the native culture", but much prefers to attach themselves like public lice onto successful Western nations, and they shan't be removed, and kept away, without the use of force.

Blogger D. August 09, 2017 12:40 AM  

V. Havel:

"

BETWEEN the aims of the post-totalitarian system and the aims of life there is a yawning abyss: while life, in its essence, moves toward plurality, diversity, independent self-constitution, and self organization, in short, toward the fulfillment of its own freedom, the post-totalitarian system demands conformity, uniformity, and discipline. While life ever strives to create new and improbable structures, the post-totalitarian system contrives to force life into its most probable states. The aims of the system reveal its most essential characteristic to be introversion, a movement toward being ever more completely and unreservedly itself, which means that the radius of its influence is continually widening as well. This system serves people only to the extent necessary to ensure that people will serve it. Anything beyond this, that is to say, anything which leads people to overstep their predetermined roles is regarded by the system as an attack upon itself. And in this respect it is correct: every instance of such transgression is a genuine denial of the system. It can be said, therefore, that the inner aim of the post-totalitarian system is not mere preservation of power in the hands of a ruling clique, as appears to be the case at first sight. Rather, the social phenomenon of self-preservation is subordinated to something higher, to a kind of blind automatism which drives the system. No matter what position individuals hold in the hierarchy of power, they are not considered by the system to be worth anything in themselves, but only as things intended to fuel and serve this automatism. For this reason, an individual's desire for power is admissible only in so far as its direction coincides with the direction of the automatism of the system.

Ideology, in creating a bridge of excuses between the system and the individual, spans the abyss between the aims of the system and the aims of life. It pretends that the requirements of the system derive from the requirements of life. It is a world of appearances trying to pass for reality.

The post-totalitarian system touches people at every step, but it does so with its ideological gloves on. This is why life in the system is so thoroughly permeated with hypocrisy and lies: government by bureaucracy is called popular government; the working class is enslaved in the name of the working class; the complete degradation of the individual is presented as his ultimate liberation; depriving people of information is called making it available; the use of power to manipulate is called the public control of power, and the arbitrary abuse of power is called observing the legal code; the repression of culture is called its development; the expansion of imperial influence is presented as support for the oppressed; the lack of free expression becomes the highest form of freedom; farcical elections become the highest form of democracy; banning independent thought becomes the most scientific of world views; military occupation becomes fraternal assistance. Because the regime is captive to its own lies, it must falsify everything. It falsifies the past. It falsifies the present, and it falsifies the future. It falsifies statistics. It pretends not to possess an omnipotent and unprincipled police apparatus. It pretends to respect human rights. It pretends to persecute no one. It pretends to fear nothing. It pretends to pretend nothing.

Individuals need not believe all these mystifications, but they must behave as though they did, or they must at least tolerate them in silence, or get along well with those who work with them. For this reason, however, they must live within a lie. They need not accept the lie. It is enough for them to have accepted their life with it and in it. For by this very fact, individuals confirm the system, fulfill the system, make the system, are the system."

http://www.vaclavhavel.cz/showtrans.php?cat=eseje&val=2_aj_eseje.html&typ=HTML

Anonymous Korbin Ransley August 09, 2017 1:21 AM  

Two men of great intellect, and character. What a great thing to not only be able to read their work, but to be able to have their insights on current events and history.

Dire times, but thanks be to God, from what im seeing the nationalist right is equal to the task at hand. God willing the west will prevail.

Anonymous Koanic August 09, 2017 2:10 AM  

If you merged Vox Day and John C. Wright, the resulting person wouldn't be able to tell you how many people resulted.

Blogger bara August 09, 2017 4:04 AM  

He called you a heretic, surely he knows you'd take that as a compliment. :)

But on a serious note, it is clear that *honest* disagreement is honorable, and imperfect beings that we are we should welcome it as an opportunity to reexamine our positions and learn, either by adjusting or strengthening them.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 09, 2017 4:05 AM  

i would posit rather that it's a case of being able to see what's most closely affecting you. Anyone who grew up under Communism can quite easily see and describe the problems with it. When he matures and wants to build his own Utopia, the ill effects are far more remote and only affect people he doesn't like, so they are negligible.

Anonymous whoddunnit? August 09, 2017 4:45 AM  

Nope.
Apostle Paul.

Anonymous Looking Glass August 09, 2017 5:38 AM  

Forcing them to deny Chuck Tingle his deserved Hugo for Short Story is still one of the most brilliant moments. Mr. Wright properly calls that out as the first point.

Blogger Skylark Thibedeau August 09, 2017 7:29 AM  

This reminds me of the friendship between the Atheist/Agnostic C.S. Lewis and the Christian J.R.R. Tolkien before the former helped convert the latter.

Blogger Avalanche August 09, 2017 7:32 AM  

@43 "I haven't lurked here long enough to know, but what's VD's take on r/K theory?"

Read "The 16 Points of the Alt Right" -- linked off the right-hand side of every blog page. I believe JC Wright and the Dark Lord do not agree across all 16 points, but many of the folks on the Right -- and considering the Right, and being pushed, willingly or not, to the Right -- accept it as our formula for the future.

Blogger Avalanche August 09, 2017 7:34 AM  

#53 "much prefers to attach themselves like public lice onto successful Western nations, and they shan't be removed, and kept away, without the use of force."

And that's a problem why? (Arm up and ammo up!) (Oh, and do pushups!)

Blogger Harris August 09, 2017 7:49 AM  

My best friend and I disagree strongly on one fundamental theological issue. He happens to be a pastor of a church. I am an engineer. But we've debated this topic for 30 years. It hasn't stopped us from being dear friends. I was Best Man in his wedding, and he in mine.

You don't have to agree on everything to love one another.

Blogger James Dixon August 09, 2017 10:27 AM  

> Wouldn't being a K-selected white people be just as important as those other three?

The fact that something has historically been the case doesn't mean it's absolute truism, merely that that's the way to bet.

Blogger Seth Schueler August 09, 2017 11:25 AM  

He doesn't sound like much of a leftist? Is he more of a redistributionist economically?

Blogger Seth Schueler August 09, 2017 11:28 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Anonymous patrick kelly August 09, 2017 11:35 AM  

"Frank Lurker wrote:I predict very few will comment here. No doubt Vox will delete any critical comments...

He liked it so much he didn't delete two copies.

Anonymous Stephen J. August 09, 2017 11:41 AM  

Well said. As I commented to Mr. Wright, I applaud the ability of men of reason to disagree without rancour, and envy it greatly. (I myself only aspire to being a man of reason.)

Blogger bw August 09, 2017 12:04 PM  

we both believe Mohammedanism is incompatible with Western Civilization

It's only here as proxy

Anonymous AB.Prosper August 09, 2017 1:37 PM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:CoalFiredBrisket wrote:What's wrong with converting people by the sword? It worked spectacularly well for St. Vladamir, King of the Rus.

The 30 years war damn near depopulated Europe. It did depopulate large areas of Germany.

Natural Selection means that European peoples have a direct, genetic, visceral aversion to forced conversion.

Besides, it only works in Tribal or Feudal societies.


This is often overlooked. Germany or what was Germany at that time lost so many people, maybe half the population that often only old men were allowed to take holy orders and in a few areas polygamy was even allowed.

Also modern technology changes risk factors, we have genetic engineering and the like now, don't think that people won't use bio-weapons , nukes of chemical weapons in a religious war . Hell its probably fortunate that changing human nature is hard and that Leftists and other enemies are generally stupid

Its scientifically possible to create nano weapon or a germ that is (old House reference) 10CC of Atheism , might not work on adults but given ones politics is genetic, it can be altered and everyone turned into a Leftist Homosexual Atheist with I don't know food additives or smart germs.

we can't do that now but every single year it gets simpler to do .

In the end, as long as we have nukes, germ warfare and to a lesser degree chemical weapons, we cannot have White on White wars except under the most dire circumstances

We don't reproduce that fast and given our level of development, resource allocation and crowding (not to mention lower sperm counts) probably won't again. Heavy self inflicted casualties would ruin us

Blogger James Dixon August 09, 2017 1:41 PM  

> We don't reproduce that fast and given our level of development, resource allocation and crowding (not to mention lower sperm counts) probably won't again. Heavy self inflicted casualties would ruin us

Then we're probably doomed. War is coming, whether we like it or not.

Blogger John Wright August 09, 2017 2:30 PM  

@28 Why, praytell, are you leaving a comment for me here, which I not my blog and which I may or may not read, instead of at my blog, where I am far more likely to see it?

Why pretend you are going to get banned or deleted for saying that you like my work but do not like my politics when the column above is making that very point?

What do you think I am saying about Vox Day when I say our disagreements on matters of politics is not a bar to our working together?

Also, your criticism is a word-salad of emotional reaction without any substance. You are listing, free association style, what my political writing reminds you of, but not actually saying anything about any ideas.

"You annoy me" is not an argument.

Anonymous Frank August 09, 2017 5:17 PM  

Well then John you can kiss my next $1000 donation goodbye. You annoy me is a good enough reason to not put cash in your begging hat. Good luck on your next panhandling campaign.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 09, 2017 5:53 PM  

Stop lying, Frank.

Anonymous Frank August 09, 2017 6:44 PM  

Why would I lie? John probably can see who donated what in the last 12 months. He now knows my first name. I am anti-fragile in this transaction. I can choose to not donate to someone who is an asshole to me in a public forum. As a literal starving artist, John should know better than to attack his fans in public. The question is why YOU should care, Snidey?

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 09, 2017 7:14 PM  

you're lying because you believe you have bought JC Wright in return for a donation, that your money purchases, if not his co-operation, then his silence in the face of your insults and provocations. You lie when you say "I really love you, John, I do. But shut up and sing."

You insult him at the core of his person, and claim it is an act of "love".

You're more dissembling and less honest than the cattiest worn-out guttersnipe.

Blogger Dave August 09, 2017 7:17 PM  

Frank, why are you posting comments to John here when he asked you to post at his blog?

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 09, 2017 7:24 PM  

Because he won't get enough attention there, and will probably be called out much more emphatically for his bullshit.

Anonymous Frank August 09, 2017 7:56 PM  

I don't care for John's political writings. And now, based on his immature response, I like him less personally. This isn't a courtroom. You can't litigate me to change my opinions as a customer or donor. My opinions are no less valid than an Amazon review. Your Fedora tantrum only makes you look foolish. You butthurt over my decision? Then you buck up and donate one grand to the Poor John Can't Pay Rent Fund. Cause I ain't.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 09, 2017 10:58 PM  

Frank wrote:You can't litigate me to change my opinions as a customer or donor. My opinions are no less valid than an Amazon review. Your Fedora tantrum only makes you look foolish. You butthurt over my decision? Then you buck up and donate one grand to the Poor John Can't Pay Rent Fund. Cause I ain't.
I'm not sure what the hell kind of interchange is going on here. I'm not trying to litigate anything, I'm not demanding you pay anyone anything. I'm calling you an asshole, which you demonstrably are. This is not a tantrum, this is mockery.
you're the one who keeps binging up the money, and you use it as if it gave you some sort of authority over his speech and actions. i'm sure if John were here to read this, he'd tell you to keep your blasted money, he's not for sale.

All told, this conversation only re-re-re-confirms you're an asshole.

Anonymous Frank August 09, 2017 11:30 PM  

John won't say no to money because he has none. He can't even pay his debts. Yet has loyal customers who will pay for his work in fiction. But instead of working and getting paid for his art, he's rather fart around with his lame political blog, and insulting his own fans. So he gets not a red cent more from me. Kapish?

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 09, 2017 11:44 PM  

It's "Capisce".
And now we're veering into moron territory.

Tell me, do you enjoy insulting the hookers who are the only women who will have physical contact with you?

Anonymous Frank August 10, 2017 12:15 AM  

I don't care to hear about a hooker's politics either. Especially if their politics are as dull as John's.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 10, 2017 12:16 AM  

I'll take that as a "yes".

Blogger John Wright August 10, 2017 12:17 AM  

@74 Sir, I meant no insult and uttered none. I am very grateful for your donations, and I rather wished the other commentators here had not mugged you.

My point was that if you tell me my politics writings annoy you, but you do not tell me why they annoy you, or what I can do to make them more palatable, I have nothing to act on. Perhaps your annoyance is valid, and I should change my approach. But now we will never know.

If you find that insulting, then I am left with no more to say.

But I repeat, you cannot expect me to be short tempered when someone disagrees with me while I am in the middle of saying gentlemen do not let themselves grow short tempered merely for disagreements.

That was my point.

As ever, I am humbly grateful for you patronage. Since my stories are dictated by the muse, not by me, I hope you can still read and enjoy them. I am merely the mule who carries them.

No one expect the mule to smell sweet.

Blogger L. Jagi Lamplighter Wright August 10, 2017 12:21 AM  

74. Sir, I think you may be taking John's response in a different tone than he meant it. (This happens to John a lot. He has friends he can only talk to in person, because if he says the same exact words by email, it always ends in an argument.)

I am grateful and honored by your past support of us. Thank you.

Very much.

Blogger John Wright August 10, 2017 12:22 AM  

@82
"But instead of working and getting paid for his art, he's rather fart around with his lame political blog..."

Actually, I just wrote two thousand words of the next episode of LOST ON THE LAST CONTINENT, which I posted free of charge on Patreon, staying up until the wee hours to make the deadline.

Vox Day is, after all, my editor, and this column is, after all, people talking about me.

And you still have not told me what it is about my political writings you dislike. Am I too rude? Not detailed and rigorous enough? Not Alt-Right enough? Too much rhetoric, not enough logic? What?

Blogger L. Jagi Lamplighter Wright August 10, 2017 12:24 AM  

I will say, though...as you are a person who prefers John's fiction, there are also quite a few people who cherish John's blog and don't care for his fiction.

I believe he gets more appreciative fan mail for his blog posts than for his novels.

Blogger John Wright August 10, 2017 12:33 AM  

@81
"I'm sure if John were here to read this, he'd tell you to keep your blasted money, he's not for sale."

Actually, I was raised to believe the customer is always right. The problem is that the Internet both acts as a public forum, because anyone can read it, and as a casual & private conversation, because people write their thoughts off the cuff.

I actually regret that I was too blunt for him, because the charitable impulse which actuated him was rare. It is a desirable thing whether I am the receiver or not.

Unfortunately for him, I receive more compliments and praise for my political and religious writing than for my science fiction. Gaining the affection of one customer at the expense of alienating a dozen is not a winning proposition either.

But I did not mean to insult him. I was actually asking him to come onto my blog and expand on his comment.

Well, it was worded badly I suppose. A writer should know better.

Anonymous Frank August 10, 2017 1:07 AM  

Ok, John, fair enough. I still like your fiction very much and would like to continue to support your work in this area. My intent wasn't to make it personal about your political writing. Just a matter of taste. Thank you for responding here. Maybe it is better if we speak over email. My apologies for any offense. As I said, I don't post in forums often (I am very old, aged 79).

Blogger John Wright August 10, 2017 1:51 AM  

@91
"My apologies for any offense"

Since I offended you, let me be the one to apologize.

If I had known I was speaking to my elders, I would have watched my mouth and talked with more respect.

I am pleasantly amazed that someone of your experience likes my books, which are, just between you and me, a little childish.

Thank you again.

See? People can disagree and get along. Difference of opinion is what makes for a horse race.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 10, 2017 2:02 AM  

John Wright wrote:Actually, I was raised to believe the customer is always right.
My apologies for putting words in your mouth. I can only plead an (obviously) rash temperament.

Blogger James Dixon August 10, 2017 10:04 AM  

> I will say, though...as you are a person who prefers John's fiction, there are also quite a few people who cherish John's blog and don't care for his fiction.


My wife is one of those people. She actually prefers your writing to his. I have yet to tackle either one.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts