ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2017 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Monday, August 07, 2017

The whining continues

English "historian" Mary Beard is still whining about the pushback she received for incorrectly claiming that a multiracial Roman British family was "typical", as portrayed in a BBC children's cartoon.
Mary Beard has spoken about the “Twitterstorm” of abuse she received after arguing that Roman Britain was ethnically diverse.

The historian and television presenter said she received a “torrent of aggressive insults” for days after she said a BBC schools video that depicted a high-ranking solider and a father of a Roman Britain family as being black to be “pretty accurate”.

She argued that the character in the BBC cartoon was loosely based on “Quintus Lollius Urbicus, a man from what is now Algeria, who became governor of Britain.”

She spoke against the “rubbish” arguments about genetic evidence from alt-right commentators and their “desire for certainty” when it came to historical information that was not always possible to ascertain, such as the population of Britain during the Roman empire and the ethnic make-up.

“It also feels very sad to me that we cannot have a reasonable discussion on such a topic as the cultural ethnic composition of Roman Britain without resorting to unnecessary insult, abuse, misogyny and language of war not debate (and that includes one senior academic)," she wrote in the Times Literary Supplement. She was referring to comments from  Nicholas Nassim Taleb who accused her of “bullsh*tting”.
I don't think her new book is going to help restore her reputation any time soon. Best response: "It would explain all the dead white wives."

In the meantime, Cambridge University has doubled down and released a Faculty Statement.

Faculty statement responding to the online debate of ethnic diversity in Roman Britain

Roman Britain has long been an important part of the teaching and research in the Faculty of Classics. The question of ethnic diversity in the province has been getting unusual amounts of attention recently. Professor Mary Beard has been at the centre of some of this attention. In the Faculty we welcome and encourage public interest in, and reasoned debate about, the ancient world, such as Professor Beard has always sought to encourage. The evidence is in fact overwhelming that Roman Britain was indeed a multi-ethnic society. This was not, of course, evenly spread through the province, and it would have been infinitely more noticeable — it can be assumed — in an urban or military context than in a rural one. There are, however, still significant gaps in our understanding. New scientific evidence (including but not limited to genetic data) offers exciting ways forward, but it needs to be interpreted carefully.

UPDATE: Glorious. Mary has really become quite prolific of late. We need to send old GRR Martin a case of whatever she's drinking.

Labels: , ,

156 Comments:

Blogger 4499 August 07, 2017 7:44 AM  

"To what do you refer, Willis?"

Blogger Avalanche August 07, 2017 7:47 AM  

So, Beard is also on who believes Cleopatra was a "nubian princess" -- and not a direct lineal descendant of Ptolemy, Alexander the Great's general?! (Oh! I wonder if she believes black Africans built the pyramids -- and then evil White devils 'stole' the knowledge right out of their brains, so they could never do it again!)

Blogger Alexandros August 07, 2017 7:49 AM  

That last line is nuclear weapon grade memeing.

Blogger Bobo #117 August 07, 2017 7:56 AM  

"I dun told you we wuz Kangz!!!"

Blogger NO GOOGLES August 07, 2017 7:58 AM  

Uh, is she REALLY that shitty of a historian to think that people from Algeria during Roman times looked like Sub-saharan Africans? Oh, she apparently thinks Cleopatra was black, too. That explains it - she subscribes to the well known historical school of "We Wuz Kangs 'N Sheit". Jesus, it's pretty well documented that Cleopatra was Greek.

Blogger Robert Divinity August 07, 2017 7:59 AM  

Henry did look like a pimp.

Blogger Dexter August 07, 2017 7:59 AM  

Um Roman Algeria didn' have no dindus or even no Ayrabs...

Blogger Lucas August 07, 2017 8:00 AM  

Henry dindu nuffin.

Anonymous Jeremy Splivenstein August 07, 2017 8:09 AM  

"Henry Da Eifh"

Blogger Tatooine Sharpshooters' Club August 07, 2017 8:10 AM  

rShe spoke against the “rubbish” arguments about genetic evidence from alt-right commentators and their “desire for certainty” when it came to historical information that was not always possible to ascertain, such as the population of Britain during the Roman empire and the ethnic make-up.

Isn't this "argument" a direct admission that she simply made it all up to satisfy her own political agenda? If historical information on the subject "is not always possible to ascertain", then what is a "historian" actually writing about?

Blogger DaDZ August 07, 2017 8:12 AM  

She's well aware that this is utter bullshit. More evidence pointing to the reality that western white women despise western white men.

Blogger Nate August 07, 2017 8:16 AM  

this is happening more and more... I've been away a lot lately so I don't know if others have mentioned it. But there is apparently some idiotic television show about historical british royalty and like half of the nobles are black.

Its bizarre... I cannot even fathom how someone could watch it unless they were solely doing so for the do-gooder buzz.

Blogger Orville August 07, 2017 8:20 AM  

The Beeb needs to remake "Blackadder" with blacks. Chris Rock as Blackadder and Kevin Hart as Baldrick. Winner!

Anonymous Aeoli Pera August 07, 2017 8:21 AM  

Urbicus then became the root word for urban, which means "black". The science is settle.

Anonymous Raptor disrespect from behind August 07, 2017 8:23 AM  

I never understood why the British stick blacks in their historical shows when there are more south asians in their country than blacks.

Blogger Tatooine Sharpshooters' Club August 07, 2017 8:24 AM  

Um Roman Algeria didn' have no dindus or even no Ayrabs...

This backwards projection into antiquity is a very common sort of stupidity in the equalist crowd. Some sap on Twitter said that "Jesus was born in a predominantly Muslim part of the world."

Blogger Stephen August 07, 2017 8:27 AM  

She argued that the character in the BBC cartoon was loosely based on “Quintus Lollius Urbicus, a man from what is now Algeria, who became governor of Britain.”

He was a Berber That is a North African not sub Saharan Africa and this time was before the Arab Islamic conquest and slave trade.

Unlike Mary Beard I can use Google
https://mathildasanthropologyblog.wordpress.com/2008/05/02/eurasian-origins-of-the-berbers/
http://dailytimewaster.blogspot.co.nz/2016/11/algerian-berber-woman.html

Blogger Troy Lee Messer August 07, 2017 8:27 AM  

"desire for certainty"

If history isnt a search for the truth, Then what the @#ck is your job lady? Does this idiot know what epistemology is or care or is this all an exercise in virtue signaling?

In other rhetorical questions,

How many nuffins did a dindu do, if a dindu dindu nuffin?

Blogger Troy Lee Messer August 07, 2017 8:30 AM  

Uh habba cunn'in pwan.

Anonymous Yann August 07, 2017 8:31 AM  

Just another more example. The new Assassin's Creed Egypt describes a "diverse" Ancient Egypt that looks... arabic and black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX0fd4q0baQ

Where are the diverse blond people?. Funny thing is that in ancient times blond people were quite frequent in the north coast of Africa. There's mummies of blond (and even red hair) people, not to say about Carthago (remember Hannibal, who was blond?) which was very close from Egypt.

Describing a British Roman family as black is the new normal, even when it's historically wrong, while not a single person is portrayed in the Ancient north coast of Africa as blond, even when they were quite frequent!

Diversity is just reverse racism.

Blogger Alexandros August 07, 2017 8:32 AM  

Nate wrote:this is happening more and more... I've been away a lot lately so I don't know if others have mentioned it. But there is apparently some idiotic television show about historical british royalty and like half of the nobles are black.

Its bizarre... I cannot even fathom how someone could watch it unless they were solely doing so for the do-gooder buzz.


Jesus Christ, kangz is being meme'd straight into the new history books.

Blogger Salt August 07, 2017 8:34 AM  

All those years Tarzan hung out in sub-Saharan Africa and never once hooked up with a indigenous female. Then along came Jane and he snatched her right up.

Blogger Noah B The Savage Gardener August 07, 2017 8:37 AM  

Some People On the Internet Disagreed With Me: Day 5, The Ever-Lingering Trauma

Blogger Desdichado August 07, 2017 8:40 AM  

It was multiethnic in the sense that there were Celts, Belgae (who may not have been Celts) and a very small number of Romans. Later, there were Anglo-Saxons. What they said is not incorrect; but it is deliberately crafted to deceive.

Blogger Noah B The Savage Gardener August 07, 2017 8:40 AM  

Fantastic meme. Isaac Newton was probably also black.

Anonymous Causal Lurker August 07, 2017 8:45 AM  

So, did dat Jewlee Guy, de Seezer, have him some real minstrel shows? Oh Laws, Lahwdy.

(Sponsored by Massa Byrd)

Blogger Orville August 07, 2017 8:45 AM  

Well that would explain why he was laying under an apple tree! His massah was throwing apples at him to get him up and back to work, and that my friends is how gravity was discovered.

Blogger Salt August 07, 2017 8:47 AM  

There are, however, still significant gaps in our understanding

Leaving the backdoor unlocked just in case of a fast getaway?

Blogger Cleveland Screamer August 07, 2017 8:48 AM  

I'm gonna brush up on my Shakespeare. Should I start with Ham-lit or Macbeff?

Anonymous Outis August 07, 2017 8:49 AM  

Speaking of Rome…

"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal, and it is useless to let go the reins and then expect her not to kick over the traces. You must keep her on a tight rein…. Women want total freedom, or rather – to call things by their names – total license. If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." -- Cato the Elder, 234-149 BCE, quoted in Livy’s 'History of Rome' (xxxiv: 1,8)

The testing will continue until the men of the West either pass the test, or go extinct.

Anonymous Aeoli Pera August 07, 2017 8:49 AM  

Lollius sounds like a troll.

Blogger Orville August 07, 2017 8:49 AM  

My favorite documentary is 'The Old Negro Space Program" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6xJzAYYrX8 that has been suppressed by the white supremacists.

Anonymous PAC August 07, 2017 8:53 AM  

What a predictably repulsive, weaselly statement from Cambridge.

There will be no victory until we retake the universities from these people.

Blogger Ransom Smith August 07, 2017 8:53 AM  

I saw this recently when I watched the newish Beauty and The Beast (had a credit for a free movie)

The story is what, 16, 17 century France? And the little french village was like the picture of diversity. I laughed hysterically. They're not even trying anymore. Just throwing diversity nonsense in anything and everything.

Anonymous Aeoli Pera August 07, 2017 8:53 AM  

If you eat the white man's history you get his magic.

Blogger Avalanche August 07, 2017 8:58 AM  

@29 "I'm gonna brush up on my Shakespeare. Should I start with Ham-lit or Macbeff? "

Why wit Otell-o, ahcorse -- he be a niggah kang wot dun married his-self a rich white bitch! Dun kilt her too.

Blogger 4499 August 07, 2017 8:59 AM  

@29

Why not start with Much Ado 'Bout Nuffin?

Blogger Avalanche August 07, 2017 8:59 AM  

(He a good boy, dindu nuffin. He was gwan go ta college -- just as soon as they invent college.. I mean -- as soon as WE invent da college!)

Anonymous Reenay August 07, 2017 9:01 AM  

@30 Advice our civilization could really use, but would reject immediately without thought.

Blogger Noah B The Savage Gardener August 07, 2017 9:05 AM  

@35 Kekius Maximus.

Blogger Troy Lee Messer August 07, 2017 9:08 AM  

So one of the first stories in the Bible is about you better get control of Eve because she will screw things up.

Maybe, just maybe, our ancestors thought that was a pretty important lesson.

But hey...equality... f÷%$ history.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan August 07, 2017 9:10 AM  

She needs to double down, for my entertainment.

Blogger ((( bob kek mando ))) - ( You are Welcome ... to go back to the hell hole you came from ) August 07, 2017 9:12 AM  

how long ago did i point out that there was no lie a Leftist would not tell?

even i wasn't expecting something this stupid.

Henry the 8th is a full on nigger? what did he do, demand that all of his court artists depict him in Whiteface?

what on earth for?

a concept so goddamn stupid, only a Cambridge professor could adopt it.

Blogger Ken Prescott August 07, 2017 9:13 AM  

I just spewed coffee onto my phone...

Blogger CM August 07, 2017 9:16 AM  

--but it needs to be interpreted carefully.--
in other words, if the genetic data doesn't fit our preconceptions, we must massage it or, if it is impossible to extrapolate diversity (as in not white), we bury and ignore it.

Don't forget, we managed to convince stupid people that Christoph in Frozen should have been black.

Blogger 4499 August 07, 2017 9:23 AM  

"But, soft! what light frough yonder window be breakin? It be the east, and Juliet be the sun, and shit. Word."

Blogger Mr.MantraMan August 07, 2017 9:24 AM  

Message to men of color in the UK, Mary loves it rough.

Blogger ((( bob kek mando ))) - ( You are Welcome ... to go back to the hell hole you came from ) August 07, 2017 9:28 AM  

since most of the 'men of color' in the UK are muzzie, they probably didn't need to be told that.

Blogger pyrrhus August 07, 2017 9:32 AM  

This is why academics hate genetics and genetic anthropology. It puts the lie to all of their multicultural fables...The reality is that when a new people start to invade a region, they usually wipe out the old inhabitants, except for a few women taken as slaves and concubines....This is what happened to the Early European Farmers several thousand years ago, who farmed all of Europe, but only traces of their DNA remain...

Anonymous Ain August 07, 2017 9:32 AM  

""I dun told you we wuz Kangz!!!"

Nowadays it's "We hated because we be Hebrews."

Blogger pyrrhus August 07, 2017 9:36 AM  

"Why not start with Much Ado 'Bout Nuffin?"

That cracked me up!
Followed by the lost play 'Dindu Nuffin'

Blogger Tallen August 07, 2017 9:36 AM  

Suddenly the animosity between the English and the Scots is made clear, as the Roman governor started it all with a simple "Axe dem fo' dey land."

Blogger ((( bob kek mando ))) - ( You are Welcome ... to go back to the hell hole you came from ) August 07, 2017 9:38 AM  

VD
UPDATE:



so Mary's entire schtick has been painting historical Europeans in Blackface?

it's so awesome that we gave women the vote.

Anonymous krymneth August 07, 2017 9:38 AM  

1. Western society is irredeemably racist and has oppressed people of "diversity" for hundreds of years.

2. Half the Western aristocracy was "diverse".

Pick one. Seriously, even by leftist standards, pick one. You absolutely can not have both. They're diversity-washing their own core reasons for existing away!

Blogger Mr.MantraMan August 07, 2017 9:40 AM  

How about replacing white leftists faces with black and brown and yellow, unpeople them.

Mary Beard as an Australian Abo or a lipdisker, why would she object.

Blogger Cail Corishev August 07, 2017 9:41 AM  

If you eat the white man's history you get his magic.

Okay, I might as well take the rest of the day off from reading comments, because no one's going to top that. Well done.

Blogger Vikki Wilson August 07, 2017 9:42 AM  

In 2015 Beard was subject to a SJW mob pile-on attack after putting in a word for the free speech liberties of feminist dissenters from one or more clauses of Transgender Doctrine (as it stood that year...)

She surely cannot be seen to blot her copy-book twice..

Blogger Elizabeth August 07, 2017 9:43 AM  

@17 - Stephen:
Princess Consort Lalla Salma of Morocco is a naturally redhaired Berber married to the King of Morocco.

Blogger bw August 07, 2017 9:44 AM  

If you eat the white man's history you get his magic

ooohh, Nice!

These Marxists at U normally are funded to do certain research projects and such from the outside, aren't they? Publish or Perish?
I wonder where the $$$$ trail goes...

needs to be interpreted carefully

Didn't eminent geneticist Watson recently point out that genetics shows the massive differences between both male/female and between races?
As noted above, the Liars have said "but that's not science".

These Dialectical Materialists sure hate their materialism - and Nature.


OpenID paworldandtimes August 07, 2017 9:45 AM  

They tar-brush history to imprint children and demoralize adults.

PA

Blogger Vikki Wilson August 07, 2017 9:46 AM  

If history is falsified & texts are bowdlerised to show no white privilege, what happens to white privilege???

Blogger daddynichol August 07, 2017 9:46 AM  

New scientific evidence (including but not limited to genetic data) offers exciting ways forward, but it needs to be interpreted carefully.

They're admitting that the scientific evidence will prove them wrong, so the evidence will need "interpretation". In the SJW world, science is not science.

Blogger Kentucky Headhunter August 07, 2017 9:50 AM  

In the Faculty we welcome and encourage public interest in, and reasoned debate about, the ancient world, such as Professor Beard has always sought to encourage. The evidence is in fact overwhelming that Roman Britain was indeed a multi-ethnic society.

She spoke against the “rubbish” arguments about genetic evidence from alt-right commentators and their “desire for certainty” when it came to historical information that was not always possible to ascertain, such as the population of Britain during the Roman empire and the ethnic make-up.

That does not compute, Will Robinson.

My wife is very concerned about where our boys are going to go to college. I am much more concerned about if they should go to college.

Blogger Cail Corishev August 07, 2017 9:51 AM  

The evidence is in fact overwhelming that Roman Britain was indeed a multi-ethnic society.

Well, duh, it was filled with Romans and Britons, at least. But that's not at all what she's talking about, so it's just a cheap dodge.

I guess the rule isn't "SJWs Almost Always Double-Down," is it?

Blogger Vikki Wilson August 07, 2017 9:54 AM  

Raptor disrespect from behind wrote:I never understood why the British stick blacks in their historical shows when there are more south asians in their country than blacks.

There is nothing they could possibly could do with "south Asians" (you mean Pakistani & Bangladeshi muslims) that would not trigger an auto da fe.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan August 07, 2017 9:58 AM  

I really doubt she believes any of her BS, she is a woman just shit testing society, it is what women do.

Blogger Jay Sjo August 07, 2017 10:01 AM  

My family are all from Britain. My Ancestry.com DNA suggests that my "Genetic Community" is "English in the South East" and also out to Cornwall and into Wales where the Celtic Brits are said to have fled.

So some of my ancestors were probably already in Britain when the Romans were there.

I've looked and many of my relative's DNA results. Lots of traces like Middle East, Caucusus, Asia South, North Africa but no sub-Saharan Africans in my non-American relatives. You'd think there might be a trace given the recent revisions?

Blogger Lazarus August 07, 2017 10:02 AM  

If you eat the white man's history you get his magic.


Steve Sailer shows what google is doing along these lines:

http://www.unz.com/isteve/googles-rotten-core-of-american-computer-scientists/

Blogger Tatooine Sharpshooters' Club August 07, 2017 10:04 AM  

On a related note, I hadn't really been paying attention, but apparently Roland from Stephen King's Dark Tower series is Idris Elba in the movie(s). I thought African-Americans were supposed to be so creative, so why can't they make any entertainment properties of their own? Is thievin' the only option anymore?

Blogger ((( bob kek mando ))) - ( You are Welcome ... to go back to the hell hole you came from ) August 07, 2017 10:05 AM  

58. Elizabeth August 07, 2017 9:43 AM
Princess Consort Lalla Salma



looks exactly like a Greek sculpture from the the days of Sparta and Athens.

funny, that.


63. Kentucky Headhunter August 07, 2017 9:50 AM
My wife is very concerned about where our boys are going to go to college. I am much more concerned about if they should go to college.



Jordan Peterson would have it that i am unhappy with my life because i am insufficiently "educated".

Cambridge is one of the most storied and revered learning institutions in the West, accorded to be one of the top 5 universities on the entire planet.

look at what qualifies as a Cambridge "professor".

what have such as these to teach one such as myself?

Blogger Solaire Of Astora August 07, 2017 10:12 AM  

People have forgotten that those schools derive their prestige from the people, not so much the other way around. If you hire on too many people like Mary Mustache the prestige is gone (even worse, the institution is doubling down with her). Not sure there is such a thing as vestigial prestige.

Anonymous Raptor disrespect from behind August 07, 2017 10:14 AM  

I love Julius Caesar's roman nose on the book cover!

Blogger Troy Lee Messer August 07, 2017 10:14 AM  

I.e. Mexico

Admixture and population structure of Mexican Mestizos

http://dienekes.blogspot.com/2012/08/admixture-and-population-structure-of.html?m=1

Blogger James August 07, 2017 10:19 AM  

Once again, the left redefines terms. As an intelligent person would understand it, multi-ethnic would mean "of, relating to, or including several ethnic groups". Note the word "groups". A thinking person would consider the Austro-Hungarian Empire to be a multi-ethnic state. It consisted of Germans, Czechs, Hungarians, Slovaks, Slovenes, Poles, Ukrainians, Serbs, Croats, Romanians, Italians, and a smattering of other ethnicities. The languages spoken reflected the ethnic composition. They were mostly Catholic, but there were Protestants and Orthodox Christians, along with about 4% jews and less than 2% Muslim. Now that's multiethnic! According to demented fools like Mary Beard, what makes a nation multi-ethnic is if you have a single person of any ethnicity residing therein. Let's see, a nation of 10 million Whites and Morgan Freeman happens to arrive to mentor Robin Hood. Multi-ethnic! Also, if you have a certain percentage of Germans living among Englishmen, multi-ethnic! Even though they have the same genetic composition. Its easy once you understand the SJW vocabulary.

Blogger swiftfoxmark2 August 07, 2017 10:20 AM  

I welcome these revisions. This way I can get reparations for my white ancestors from the descendants pf their black slavemasters.

Anonymous Lars Porsena August 07, 2017 10:21 AM  

Oooh. Do one with a black guy in a blond wig as Joan of Arc. She identifies as female.

Anonymous (((Hollyweird))) August 07, 2017 10:22 AM  

Here is my screenplay pitch ... Shaka Zulu played by a white guy.

Discuss.

Blogger Dexter August 07, 2017 10:25 AM  

So much about Mary Beard is explained by this

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/thumbnails/image/2015/10/29/12/mary-beard-rex.jpg

Blogger Dexter August 07, 2017 10:28 AM  

@63 yes the evidence is overwhelming but certainty is not possible to ascertain, LMAO.

Blogger CM August 07, 2017 10:29 AM  

--I welcome these revisions. This way I can get reparations for my white ancestors from the descendants pf their black slavemasters.--

Must meme that - American slavery with roles reversed with some quote from MB on Diversity.

Anonymous Panzer Man August 07, 2017 10:30 AM  

Would it be possible for me to hate these filthy leftist swine with a greater purity and intensity than I actually do hate them?

It seems doubtful.

Anonymous Grayman August 07, 2017 10:31 AM  

Heartiste is once again correct. This is all one civilization level shit test by women! Its so obvious its painful.

Anonymous Grayman August 07, 2017 10:35 AM  

@81 Panzer

Say thank you to the SJW neo-marxists.... as you put them in line for the wood chipper. They pushed things so far the task of culling will actually be enjoyable.

Anonymous basementhomebrewer August 07, 2017 10:38 AM  

I find the fact that Mary Beard is stealing the "We Wuz Kangs!" historians work very problematic. Cambridge should immediately remedy her white privilege by firing her and hiring the original researchers. In fact all of the "Classics" professors at Cambridge should be replace by the "We Wuz Kangs!" scholars. Those professors are simply acting as White people have historically and stealing all of the Black people's knowledge and theories. I trust that Cambridge will remedy this egregious racism post haste.

Anonymous Iacobus August 07, 2017 10:43 AM  

Panzer Man wrote:Would it be possible for me to hate these filthy leftist swine with a greater purity and intensity than I actually do hate them?

It seems doubtful.


I knew it wasn't just me. lol

They've gone all Minitrue and decided to replace actual history with with their own facade of it.

Blogger Noah B The Savage Gardener August 07, 2017 10:44 AM  

@77 Benedict Cumberbatch as Shaka Zulu. No one will ever top that.

Anonymous Hobart Floyt August 07, 2017 10:50 AM  

They have, it's called Tyler Perry's Madea. Beyond that, I couldn't possibly comment.

Anonymous Hunsdon August 07, 2017 10:52 AM  

Fresh update here. (MOAR!)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/shortcuts/2017/aug/07/mary-beard-romans-ancient-evidence

Blogger ((( bob kek mando ))) - ( You are Welcome ... to go back to the hell hole you came from ) August 07, 2017 10:57 AM  

69. Tatooine Sharpshooters' Club August 07, 2017 10:04 AM
I thought African-Americans were supposed to be so creative, so why can't they make any entertainment properties of their own?



Elba is just an actor, and not one of the top tier box office draws. he's going to work for pretty much anyone who offers to hire him.

you're going to complain about the movie, you need to take it up with the ((( Producers ))) and Casting Directors.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1648190/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

from the trailer, it just looks like another GayNiggerJew saving the world from Evil Honkey story.

which is kind of funny, given that King had conceptualized the Gunslinger on Eastwood's "Man With No Name".

Anonymous Killbill August 07, 2017 11:14 AM  

SJWs always double down:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/shortcuts/2017/aug/07/mary-beard-romans-ancient-evidence

Blogger Chiva August 07, 2017 11:16 AM  

@86. Chris Rock as Lt. Bromhead would complement Cumberbatch's role as Shaka Zulu.

Blogger SmockMan August 07, 2017 11:23 AM  

https://twitter.com/Fraek_man/status/894578220837818369 my entry in the mary beard contest.

Blogger SouthRon August 07, 2017 11:33 AM  

There would be no flicking of the codpiece, he'd hafta smack dat bitch down.

Blogger Salt August 07, 2017 11:35 AM  

Wait till it's declared that China's dynastic heritage is based on sub-Saharans.

Blogger ((( bob kek mando ))) - ( You are Welcome ... to go back to the hell hole you came from ) August 07, 2017 11:35 AM  

dude, the left ass cheek is, like, half again larger than the right one. "baby got back" may have it's place but "baby got half back" is wrong no matter how you look at it.

this is the first i've seen of Rocafort, but you'ranna have to explain to me how he's not the new Liefeld.

Blogger RobertT August 07, 2017 11:40 AM  

Good meme material.

Anonymous Gen. Kong August 07, 2017 11:43 AM  

I'm gonna brush up on my Shakespeare. Should I start with Ham-lit or Macbeff?

Be sure to do them in black velvet. I believe the distinguished professor Beard's favorite Roman grandee was Coprophagius Maximus. I believe s/he was the Roman governor of Oxford or Cambridge. De sure to do a black velvet rendition of this important figure as well.

Anonymous ogunsiron August 07, 2017 11:44 AM  

I remarked on twitter that as recently as 20 years ago, "we waz kangz" was routinely mocked even in liberal academic circles. There was a lot of debate on that stuff and liberal academics for the most part wanted no part of that idiocy and you'd get mocked on slashdot or other "smart folks" websites for bringing that stuff up.
Now it's become normal for even white people to believe in that stuff. Only way I can explain this is that they must have been teaching this stuff in schools for the past 30 years or so and now you have a whole generation of white students for whom "we waz kangz" actually makes sense. It's insane!

Anonymous Orville August 07, 2017 11:44 AM  

Now we know why the Roman Empire failed. It went the way of Detroit.

Anonymous zebedee August 07, 2017 11:49 AM  

Blonde hair and blue eyes still occurs in modern-day Assyrians so it's quite likely the Phoenicians who settled Carthage brought those genes with them.

Blogger Pseudotsuga August 07, 2017 11:50 AM  

"It also feels very sad to me that we cannot have a reasonable discussion..."
Well, Beard, you idiot, this is because you are not being reasonable. You are using lefty code-words: "reasonable" = what you think is correct; and by implication, any disagreement would be unreasonable.
And when you say the word "discussion" (like the infamous calls for a "discussion" on race in the USA) what you really mean is a lecture.

Anonymous JLexworth August 07, 2017 11:51 AM  


Boris Johnson v. Mary Beard. He begins by quoting the Iliad in Greek.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k448JqQyj8

Here she describes ho she is going to handle him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyT7p40Oifs

Blogger Cail Corishev August 07, 2017 11:54 AM  

Only way I can explain this is that they must have been teaching this stuff in schools for the past 30 years

Absolutely. Remember when they said Beethoven was black? Everyone had a good laugh about it and then forgot about it, but they weren't joking, and they didn't discard it because people laughed. They went on pressing it forward in classrooms, along with a hundred other examples that didn't make it into the mainstream consciousness.

So now when the younger generations see smart blacks schooling whites in all the TV commercials, it probably doesn't even strike them as anything new, because they "know" it's always been that way.

Anonymous Nike Missile August 07, 2017 11:55 AM  

Another meme for your collection:

"Shakespeare Be Black" by Mary Beard

https://twitter.com/GrandmaSoapbar/status/894550881710034944

Get it in pozzed bookstores everywhere.

Anonymous Grayman August 07, 2017 11:56 AM  

@92

And my contribution to the honorable mary beard contest

https://kek.gg/i/6Dz3bd.png

Anonymous ogunsiron August 07, 2017 11:58 AM  

I also find it strangely funny that many years ago, the "we waz kangz" crowd was fully aware of the egyptian depictions of blond/blue eyed Lybians and they used those paintings as "proof" that "whites used to be savages with tattoos and sheeit while egyptians waz civilized".

Cheick Anto Diop, the senegalese physicist who's the founder of modern afrocentricsm, even called the Lybians "aryans"(in french). I remember all of this. Anyone who wants to tweet this, feel free.

Blogger SmockMan August 07, 2017 12:01 PM  

@95 No, that's just an illusion of the shading. Trace the left ass cheek and it fits inside the right one.

Blogger Were-Puppy August 07, 2017 12:08 PM  

@50 Ain
""I dun told you we wuz Kangz!!!"

Nowadays it's "We hated because we be Hebrews."
---

HeBros

Blogger Were-Puppy August 07, 2017 12:19 PM  

@94 Salt
Wait till it's declared that China's dynastic heritage is based on sub-Saharans.
---

That's when China releases the biological bomb and wipes out Africa.

Blogger Cataline Sergius August 07, 2017 12:28 PM  

Chris Rock as Lt. Bromhead would complement Cumberbatch's role as Shaka Zulu.

I would see that in the theater and buy the Blu-Ray. No question.

Blogger Cataline Sergius August 07, 2017 12:30 PM  

A pity that James Earl Jones is too old to play Kublai Khan.

He'd do a good job with it.

Anonymous Ugly Mind Babies August 07, 2017 12:35 PM  

Is she working on an Ebonics version of the King James?

Anonymous basementhomebrewer August 07, 2017 12:54 PM  

Ugly Mind Babies wrote:Is she working on an Ebonics version of the Kang James?

FIFW

Blogger ((( bob kek mando ))) - ( You are Welcome ... to go back to the hell hole you came from ) August 07, 2017 12:54 PM  

Black Months Matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9oALeQHf0c

Blogger Francis Parker Yockey August 07, 2017 1:07 PM  

@15 Raptor disrespect from behind
"I never understood why the British stick blacks in their historical shows when there are more south asians in their country than blacks"

Strangely enough, a similar rule seems to be in operation across the pond, where "Americans" also seem to place disproportionate numbers of blacks in movies/ on TV, while there does not seem to be anything like the same push for mestizo overrepresentation in entertainment.

Perhaps because blacks are, both in appearance and genetically, the most distant group from whites, so that promoting them in entertainment is the most intrinsically disruptive technique? Or because the role of Pakis in the UK, and the mestizos in the US, is supposed to be more about direct population replacement, which is an ongoing process to which TPTB would rather not draw attention? Good question, anyway.

@84 basementhomebrewer
"I find the fact that Mary Beard is stealing the "We Wuz Kangs!" historians work very problematic. Cambridge should immediately remedy her white privilege by firing her and hiring the original researchers. In fact all of the "Classics" professors at Cambridge should be replace by the "We Wuz Kangs!" scholars. Those professors are simply acting as White people have historically and stealing all of the Black people's knowledge and theories. I trust that Cambridge will remedy this egregious racism post haste."

Excellent point. This sort of blatant kangz appropriation cannot be allowed to stand in the current year. Ms. Beard is employing her white privilege to steal essential elements of kangz culture, thus further oppressing these black bodies, and reinforcing already-entrenched systemic racism, with her faux-progressive pose. Nothing more than stealth neocolonialism, really.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan August 07, 2017 1:09 PM  

So we whites dun stolt slavery from black kangz an shit?

Blogger Duke Norfolk August 07, 2017 1:28 PM  

Aeoli Pera wrote:If you eat the white man's history you get his magic.

Thread winner!

That's golden, good sir. Well done.

Anonymous fop August 07, 2017 1:30 PM  

The animated show in question depicts the black roman family owning several white slaves. So yes.

Blogger Duke Norfolk August 07, 2017 1:33 PM  

Prince Harry's just trying to get back to his roots with his mulatto girlfriend. Gaagh. Bloody hell, when even the prince of England won't keep his bloodline white we're screwed.

Anonymous Athor Pel August 07, 2017 1:39 PM  

"109. Blogger Were-Puppy August 07, 2017 12:19 PM
@94 Salt
Wait till it's declared that China's dynastic heritage is based on sub-Saharans.
---

That's when China releases the biological bomb and wipes out Africa.
"



Don't need a bomb. Offer free vaccinations and birth control, that sterilizes the recipients.

Or use CRISPR to make Africans give birth to Chinese.

Blogger Elizabeth August 07, 2017 1:39 PM  

@109 - Were-Puppy:

Will the Chinese want to exterminate Africans? After all, they need some slaves to do the worst work or will they settle their own people in those jobs?

Blogger Ingot9455 August 07, 2017 1:41 PM  

As for the new The Dark Tower movie, if you have read all the Dark Tower books and are a Stephen King fan and can catch all the references, it's brilliantly done and an incredible distillation of a 7+book series into one ninety minute movie.

If you're not, then it's an exercise in tell-don't-show-and-show-badly, brutal diversity hammering (and horribly wooden acting from the diversity-villagers and oriental psychic chick), and magical-gunfighting versus magical-magicfighting with both characters pulling new powers out of their ass like they're playing Calvinball.

Blogger OGRE August 07, 2017 1:49 PM  

So lets see....contrary to all genetic, archeological, historical, cultural, and scientific evidence...Western Europe was--alone of all cultural centers in the world--ethnically and racially diverse. Somehow sub-saharan africans inhabited western europe thousands of years ago. They must have been born there (contrary to what science wishes to tell us about skin color and climate), as there is no historical record of any migration or plantation of such peoples. They never made it anywhere else of course...not China, India, or even the Middle East which is much much closer...just white-skinned Western Europe up to the far reaches of Pictland. And here for thousands of years the white skins and the black skins lived in multi-racial harmony, although for some reason there remains no evidence in history, writing, or art to indicate such diversity. I guess back then Europeans didn't see color enough to paint black people in their paintings or to write about them in their stories; how regressive of them.

And then sometime in the inaptly named "Dark" Ages, all the black skinned europeans--and every last one of their descendants--were wiped out. It must have been the "Black" plague that did it. As such, all black skinned europeans (who after so many centuries of living there could no longer be properly referred to as african) were destroyed or transplanted back to Africa. And of course, none of them migrated anywhere else...not to Russia or the Middle East or Iceland or Greenland or the New World. Or maybe thats how the evil Americans invented the slavery? They stole all the black Lords from their duchies and fiefdoms and turned them into slaves. So its pretty ahistoric then to call them African-Americans now as they must have all been European.

Yup, seems legit

Blogger ((( bob kek mando ))) - ( You are Welcome ... to go back to the hell hole you came from ) August 07, 2017 1:49 PM  

122. Ingot9455 August 07, 2017 1:41 PM
it's brilliantly done
...
it's an exercise in tell-don't-show-and-show-badly



i don't think you know what a good movie looks like. because the second statement is mutually exclusive to 'brilliant' movie making.

Blogger DonReynolds August 07, 2017 1:55 PM  

When someone, otherwise considered intelligent, gets something profoundly wrong, we have two choices. Either they are not as well-informed as we assumed or they are dishonest. I am willing to give Mary Beard the benefit of a doubt....she knows better, but she is lying to curry favor with the Liberal media (BBC). Why would she do that? Because she likes money, which means she is not a scholar, she is an intellectual hooker, who sells fake history instead of blowjobs.

Anonymous Ugly Mind Babies August 07, 2017 1:56 PM  

They especially like to stick black men in white women. It's gotten to the point that when a white woman on television rhapsodizes about her boyfriend I say, "Black dude!" It's annoying to be right sometimes.

Anonymous A Most Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Deplorable Cents August 07, 2017 2:03 PM  

@125 Don Reynolds
When someone, otherwise considered intelligent, gets something profoundly wrong, we have two choices.

Point and laugh vs. laugh and point.
Mocking these aging Boomertards without mercy is not only fun, it is educational too! Even better when the Boomertard does. not. get. it.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 07, 2017 2:10 PM  

Panzer Man wrote:Would it be possible for me to hate these filthy leftist swine with a greater purity and intensity than I actually do hate them?
It seems doubtful.


They're trying to get you there Dolph, they're trying. Give them a couple of weeks.

Blogger Skylark Thibedeau August 07, 2017 2:12 PM  

Amazing that suggesting Rome was full of Nigerians, Pakistanis, and Vietnamese with no evidence is OK but pointing out evidence of Europeans in Paleolithic Asia or North America is reassess!!!!!!

Anonymous jOHN MOSBY August 07, 2017 2:13 PM  

14. Aeoli Pera
It also proves beyond all doubt that Pope Urban was da Black Pope.

Blogger Skylark Thibedeau August 07, 2017 2:15 PM  

The CW and DC are making the Egyptian Goddess ISIS into a Muslim woman apparently because she's from Egypt and named the same as Muslim Terrorists. Hopefully the Mus will see this as offensive. No Islamic woman should become the Avatar of a Pagan Goddess.

Blogger Skylark Thibedeau August 07, 2017 2:16 PM  

What about The Black Prince?

Blogger Ingot9455 August 07, 2017 2:18 PM  

@124 If you already read the books, the tell-don't-show is a memory trigger for you for all the things that you already know. It serves to bring all your character knowledge to the fore, so you actually know what's going on and why in a flash of insight. That's what makes it brilliant.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 07, 2017 2:21 PM  

Athor Pel wrote:Or use CRISPR to make Africans give birth to Chinese.
No, the Chinese can't stand to see non-Chinese abuse, rape and kill Chinese.

Blogger Zeroh Tollrants August 07, 2017 2:22 PM  

I lost it over the "it would explain all the dead white wives," line.
I wish I'd thought up that clever response.

Anonymous Darth Veda August 07, 2017 2:28 PM  

"This backwards projection into antiquity is a very common sort of stupidity in the equalist crowd."

You get this same nonsense w/r/t Santa Claus, viz. Saint Nicholas was a Muslim because he was born in Turkey. When it was Byzantine Anatolia, aka Asia Minor, at the time, NOT Turqia. And Crazy Horse was white because he was born in America, and therefore Crazy Horse is guilty for slabery.

Blogger LP9 August 07, 2017 3:08 PM  

This is so much humor, I was laughing at her article a few days back when it began with, "my twitter storm." BUT! won't name anyone, she just drones on about nothing.

Anonymous BBGKB August 07, 2017 3:13 PM  

such as the population of Britain during the Roman empire and the ethnic make-up

Without taxpayer paid houses heated in ways that don't need to be maintained no nig would want to be in the UK in winter. For proof I submit the nig that tried to compete in a marathon in Alaska lost his feet.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2064660/Marko-Cheseto-Kenyan-runner-feet-amputated-getting-frostbite-Alaska.html

Anonymous Gen. Kongberg August 07, 2017 3:23 PM  

It also proves beyond all doubt that Pope Urban was da Black Pope.

Indeed. Beyond all darkie shadows. Even that of St. Swisher the Sweet.

Blogger B.J. August 07, 2017 3:26 PM  

You laugh now but this propaganda isn't meant for you, it's meant for your kids.

Anonymous bbgkb August 07, 2017 3:32 PM  

""I dun told you we wuz Kangz!!!"Nowadays it's "We hated because we be Hebrews."

"Oy vey its always he brews being loved too much or hated" Seriously when were they loved other than by corrupt politicians?

Blogger Antony August 07, 2017 3:51 PM  

A contact of mine from Norway asked me to post this due to problems with getting on this page ;

Mary Beard.

“It also feels very sad to me that we cannot have a reasonable discussion on such a topic as the cultural ethnic composition of Roman Britain..."

What she says is exactly the point, a point she does not understand herself. To be reasonable the discussion would have to be based on fact and reality.

She included this image of a black-African because she thought it was the right thing to do and a contribution to the morally correct politics of diversity.

“We are all British no matter where we originate” just is not true, history and the DNA tells a different tale. She has not done her homework and like all leftist academics is lazy and incorrect. Algeria was Phoenician and part of Carthage before it was fully Romanized.



Quintus Lollius Urbicus, governor of Britannia from 138 to 144.

https://libral.org/vb/showthread.php?t=225791&page=4

Anonymous Deplorable Winning August 07, 2017 4:28 PM  

Here is where Ms. Beard got the idea, from 1995-

https://infogalactic.com/info/Quintus_Lollius_Urbicus
Citing Urbicus' career inscription, Colin Wells offers an eloquent account of what today might be dubbed the "multiculturalism" and equal opportunity of life[clarification needed] in the Roman Empire. He concludes that: "At no other period of history could the second or third son of a Berber landowner from a very small town in the interior enjoy a career which took him to Asia, Judaea, the Danube . . . the lower Rhine and Great Britain, culminating in a position of great power and honor in the capital of the empire to which all these regions belonged."[10]

[10]Collin Wells. The Roman empire p. 226. Harvard University Press, 1995. ISBN 0-674-77770-0

Blogger Gospace August 07, 2017 4:50 PM  

daddynichol August 07, 2017 9:46 AM
New scientific evidence (including but not limited to genetic data) offers exciting ways forward, but it needs to be interpreted carefully.

They're admitting that the scientific evidence will prove them wrong, so the evidence will need "interpretation". In the SJW world, science is not science.


Interpretation and numbers massaging is also how we get the global warming hockey stick. Can't get it with real numbers and graphs.

Anonymous Panzer Man August 07, 2017 5:13 PM  

B.J. wrote:You laugh now but this propaganda isn't meant for you, it's meant for your kids.

Precisely. I don't find it funny in the slightest. It's a direct, deliberate effort to extinguish all sense of European history as anything distinct or even European.

They are attempting to erase our own identity from us, to cut us loose and make us the descendants of foreigners.

They are scum, and this is a deliberate, profoundly evil, genocidally motivated attack on even the MEMORY of our existence. An effort to obliterate past whites as thoroughly as they want to obliterate the current ones.

It's not funny. Not in the slightest. It's an attack more insidious and full of poisonous malice than a groid slicing open the intestines of luckless white and leaving them to die. This is an extinction-level genocidal attack.

Anonymous Anonymous August 07, 2017 5:18 PM  

" The evidence is in fact overwhelming that Roman Britain was indeed a multi-ethnic society. "

Multi-ethnic does not mean multi-racial. The university's explanation is correct yet misleading. Sure the British Isles were multi-ethnic in a sense that the population comprised predominantly of people of Mediterranean (such as Celts) and Nordic races, within the Aryan race, but it was not any more multi-racial than Pyongyang, North Korea.

Blogger Assyrian Nationalist August 07, 2017 5:19 PM  

zebedee wrote:Blonde hair and blue eyes still occurs in modern-day Assyrians

Yup, I know a few Assyrians with blonde hair and blue eyes. I'd guess 5% - 10% of Assyrians have blue eyes, with even fewer having blonde hair. The most common phenotypic combination among Assyrians would be light skin, dark hair, and dark eyes.

Blogger DemonicProfessorEl August 07, 2017 5:30 PM  

URBICUS????

Really? That's the best Beard can come up with? "Urbicus sounds like urban and that means black..."

Quintilavius Jacksonus is only a slightly more transparent fiction.

What's next - Gaius Rooseveltus Hoopio invented basketball in 31 BC?

Anonymous Anonymous August 07, 2017 5:36 PM  

Mary Beard is a SJW activist who uses her biases to create myths she calls "history". Ones who want to understand the subject deep enough should read "The Racial Elements of European History" by Hans F. K. Gunther, published in 1927 and available on-line for free. Works of Oswald Spengler and Lothrop Stoddard are surely useful in understanding this issue correctly, undeniably.

Anonymous Aphelion August 07, 2017 6:52 PM  

Late to the party, but... I think Ms Beard is going for the Alt History category at next years DragonCon!

Blogger McChuck August 07, 2017 8:18 PM  

OF course the Roman legionnaires in Britain were of various ethnicities! There were ethnic Romans, ethnic Lombards, ethnic Celts, ethnic Gauls, ethnic Umbrians, ethnic Pannonians, etc, etc.
Of course, all of these people were white. But no educated person would really think that there were sub-saharan black Africans in the Roman legions in Britain, would they? Nubians didn't serve outside Africa and the Middle East.

Blogger Shamgar August 07, 2017 9:15 PM  

Do you even have to go to genetics for this? Why not look up the inscriptions and monuments left in Roman Britain (there's admittedly not much, but still) and look for an Afro?

Blogger dfordoom August 07, 2017 9:28 PM  

@125. DonReynolds

she is an intellectual hooker

A very apt description. Actually it applies to all academics these days.

Blogger Thucydides August 07, 2017 9:31 PM  

If by "diversity" you mean Celts, Picts, Saxons and so on in an admixture with retired Roman soldiers receiving their land grants in Britain, then maybe you have a point.

This sort of thing only makes salvaging history by preserving books (cut off date probably no later than the mid 1970's) and creating libraries which can be used to recreate Western civilization after the crash.

Blogger dfordoom August 07, 2017 9:42 PM  

@140. B.J.

You laugh now but this propaganda isn't meant for you, it's meant for your kids.

Yep. And they believe it.

Blogger bw August 08, 2017 11:13 AM  

This is an extinction-level genocidal attack.

..and yet the Whites slumber - or God forbid - are ok with it or actually desire it secretly for _____ reason.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts