ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Mailvox: still not getting it

I'm getting very, very tired of this tedious line of woefully uninformed thought. This is neither the first time nor the one hundredth time I've heard the same clueless sentiment expressed:
Linguistic Kill Shots aka a New Lexicon

It strikes me that our language to describe the malice and evil the Marxist Left perpetrates is weak. For example, Social Justice Warrior actually sounds kind of cool and virtue signaling is vaguely academic.

While the language is accurate, none of it is persuasive. As part of meme war, I’d like to propose the re-branding of leftist actions to better convey the harm they cause, much like the left re-branded tea partiers “tea baggers."

To get the ball rolling (although not that well. this begs to be crowd sourced):

Social Justice Warrior —>  Social Justice Parasite

Virtue Signaling —> Virtue Implants (as in fake, like breasts)
Scott Adams owes all of us an apology for convincing people that because they've read his blog and his book, they are suddenly masters of strategic persuasivery. Yes, let's "rebrand" one of the most effective pejoratives coined in recent years and replace it with something obvious and utterly harmless that no one will ever use. All because conservatives are uptight about words and prone to sperging about dialectic. FFS, read the Social Justice series already!

From SJWAL:

The correct strategy is to fight dialectic with dialectic, expose pseudo-dialectic with dialectic, and fight rhetoric with rhetoric. And the most important thing about implementing that strategy is to understand that with rhetoric, the actual information content is largely irrelevant.

Rhetoric is all about what emotions you trigger in the other person; when SJWs talk to each other, they try to inflate themselves at the other's expense in order to sort out their position in the SJW hierarchy. Of course, SJW metrics are all but unintelligible to normal, sane human beings, so it can be amusing as well as educational to watch them attempt to simultaneously exaggerate both their importance and their victimhood. The perfect Queen of the SJWs – and she would be a queen, never a king – would be a mixed-race lesbian Swedish immigrant who was abused as a child by a conservative white Republican politician and kept as a sex slave by neo-Nazis with Confederate-flag tattoos prior to writing a bestselling novel about a fictionalized version of her terrible experiences, appearing on Oprah, and starring on a science fiction TV show popular with white nerds.

The basic idea is that if you can make the other person feel small or angry, you are winning at SJW rhetoric. This is why SJWs are constantly accusing other people of being mad or upset; it's just another way of them claiming to be winning the conversation. If you can make the other person submit, run away, or fall silent, then you have won the conversation, and you are higher in the SJW hierarchy than he is. So it doesn't matter what you actually say, and in fact, resorting to straight-up namecalling, the more ridiculous the better, is often the fastest and most efficient way to get through the conversational process with an SJW. If he launches the usual “sexist, racist, homophobic, Nazi” line, don't blink and don't defend yourself. Just hit him right back with “racist, child molester, pedophile, monster” and watch him run. If you're of a more delicate constitution and are not willing to go that far even when attacked unprovoked, try “creepy” and “stalker” on the men and “psycho” or “ugly” on the women. This will usually have much the same effect.

You will know your rhetoric is effective when they block you online, or in person if their eyes widen with shock and their jaw drops. And you have mastered the art of rhetoric when you can make an SJW retreat in tears or cause a room full of people to gasp in disbelief before bursting out laughing at the SJW.

Again, you must keep in mind that the actual information content is irrelevant. SJWs communicate in competitive emotion. If you're not doing the same, then you're not communicating with them, you're doing little more than serving as a punching bag for their verbal strikes. I realize this probably doesn't make sense, but that is because you are a normal, sane individual who thinks rather than feels. But keep in mind that just as their argument “X is Not X because feelbad” makes no sense to you, your argument that “X cannot be Not X due to the law of non-contradiction” makes no sense to an SJW.

Don't try to work through the logic of it all. Just try it. It works. Chances are that you'll be as surprised as I was to discover how effective it can be to speak in rhetoric to the rhetoric-speakers. When Milo Yiannopoulos destroyed a feminist on live television during a public debate concerning modern Britain's hostility to men, it wasn't his smooth recitation of relevant facts that left her reeling in shock and disarray; she blithely ignored all of that. It was his dismissive use of the word “darling” that literally muted her. Her wide, staring eyes and gaping mouth made it very clear how powerful a well-placed, well-timed rhetorical bomb can be.

Calling an SJW a "social justice parasite" or a "social justice whiner" doesn't work. It will NEVER work. They know they are parasites and whiners. That doesn't burn. But they WANT to think of themselves as warriors, and they know they are not. So, when they hear you calling them a "warrior", they hear the sarcasm and contempt in your voice, and it burns.

Rhetoric follows a different logic than dialectic.

And before any self-appointed champions of Gab jump in to push their false narrative that I am being hypocritical due to my advice about ways to effectively respond to a verbal rhetorical attack, please trouble to note that context always matters, especially when it comes to the law. You will note that I have not changed the text of SJWAL in light of the subsequent situation nor do I have any need or reason to do so. SJWAL addresses the verities of rhetoric, not the vagaries of the law.

Labels: , ,

164 Comments:

Anonymous Firing linguistic blanks November 15, 2017 7:08 PM  

Wut, no mention of "cuckservative"?

Blogger JC November 15, 2017 7:11 PM  

Let's not forget that we were using "rabbits" around here before GG happened. SJW has been an extremely effective way to attack them.

Blogger Lazarus November 15, 2017 7:14 PM  

Scott Adams owes all of us an apology for convincing people that because they've read his blog and his book, they are suddenly masters of strategic persuasivery.

Scott Adams is great at explaining what Trump is doing with twitter, but Scott Adams cannot do the same thing.

Blogger Salt November 15, 2017 7:14 PM  

Virtue Implants

I understand doctors are removing such at a high rate these days. The day of the implant is over. Woman rejoice.

Blogger Heian-kyo Dreams November 15, 2017 7:15 PM  

Don't worry, Vox, you'll have the same email next month.

Blogger Cetera November 15, 2017 7:17 PM  

I've had the very great pleasure of shutting down the miserable little creatures on conservative religious sites who think we need to stop using "cuck" to describe cucks, "because it has a negative connotation associated with deviant porn (and I don't want to acknowledge how I know that)."

The response can be as detailed or as simple as the recipient would like, including how paying for and raising other's children via immigration can be a literal interpretation of it, but it never works. However, ultimately it inevitably comes down to pointing out how they, themselves, are cucks.

They always, always leave after that. They've been whipped good, they know they've lost, and they never, ever recover from it.

Cuck is quite possibly the most effective, most damaging, and most accurate descriptive put-down ever coined.

Blogger VD November 15, 2017 7:19 PM  

Cuck is quite possibly the most effective, most damaging, and most accurate descriptive put-down ever coined.

The additional benefit is that it only burns those who know damn well that, and how, it applies to them.

Blogger efc November 15, 2017 7:21 PM  

Apparently if you point out to an evangelical progressive that conservatives outbreed liberals everywhere it annoys them quite deeply. (Admittedly the conservatives in question may not be white, but perhaps this is part of the annoyance.)

Anonymous Looking Glass November 15, 2017 7:22 PM  

@7 VD

They did a study of T_D, "cuck" is literally the insult that binds the entire Trump movement together. I am not kidding.

Because no one likes to be around a bunch of cucks.

Anonymous Tipsy November 15, 2017 7:25 PM  

Why not amp it up? Social Justice Hero. Neither Social, nor Justice, nor Hero.

Anonymous Firing linguistic blanks November 15, 2017 7:26 PM  

Salt wrote:Virtue Implants

I understand doctors are removing such at a high rate these days. The day of the implant is over. Woman rejoice.


It is unethical to remove someone's virtue, implant or no.

Anonymous Firing linguistic blanks November 15, 2017 7:30 PM  

Tipsy wrote:Why not amp it up? Social Justice Hero. Neither Social, nor Justice, nor Hero.

No. No, no, no, no, no. NO.

Anonymous Ominous Cowherd November 15, 2017 7:33 PM  

Tipsy wrote:Why not amp it up?

Because it works? If it works, don't fix it. Somehow, SJW hurts the liberals. It doesn't matter why, just hammer them with it as long as it keeps them squealing.

Anonymous The Liberals November 15, 2017 7:37 PM  

"SJW hurts the liberals."

Does it? I always laugh when I hear it used unironically.

Anonymous Battlefrog November 15, 2017 7:37 PM  

PEACOCK

Scott Adams approved.

Anonymous Firing linguistic blanks November 15, 2017 7:42 PM  

I always laugh when I hear it used unironically.

As do we. As do we.

Blogger S1AL November 15, 2017 7:42 PM  

"Why not amp it up? Social Justice Hero. Neither Social, nor Justice, nor Hero."

They can deceive themselves into believing they're heroes.

Just stop.

Blogger Howard Stone November 15, 2017 7:42 PM  

SJW is perfect. It labels and groups a group
of people who neither want to be labeled or grouped, because not being labeled or grouped was one of thier main tactics in this war. Yes war, the term warrior explicitly states that they are engaged in warfare. Before the term SJW became popular they were able to mostly conduct their operations covertly. Now because of all the signs, and tells that fall under the term SJW we can see them coming a mile away. They hate this, they’ve lost the element of surprise.

Blogger David Power November 15, 2017 7:45 PM  

If SJWs were a country, its currency would be emotion.

I guess that's why the Left has always been good at manipulating the cultural lexicon. Emotional based rhetoric is, and always has been, their bread and butter.

Despite being totally fatuous terms, the Left has managed to successfully imbed words like Islamophobe, White Supremisist, Misogynist, Homophobe, etc., firmly into the cultural psyche.

The right, in contrast, have always been slow at coining a catchy handle or cutting pejorative.

One of the notable exceptions was during the Brexit referendum.

Who wants to be a Remainiac when you could be a Brexiteer?

Blogger The Observer November 15, 2017 7:46 PM  

Does it? I always laugh when I hear it used unironically.

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/fe64c6307a44336ae7cee1675bc9d7b56aced9638b6ca70a549aa68a599fd42f.png

Blogger tublecane November 15, 2017 7:46 PM  

Is this a matter of confusing the logics of rhetoric and dialectic, or is it simply a matter of misunderstanding what makes for maximally effective rhetoric? Which would of course be terminology that wins in head-to-head confrontation with the enemy. Because then you can persuade not just your side but neutrals and possibly even your enemies, as well.

The proposed New Lexicon above may be stuck in preaching to the choir mode, which isn't necessarily misapprehending the logic of rhetoric. Because context indeed matters, as you say. One use of persuasion is in-group bonding. The left is masterful at that, and they've been winning the Culture War for as long as anyone can remember.

Academic jargon, for instance, is full of dictionaries-worth of insults about people who think like me. Most of them are gobbledygook to me, but I probably wouldn't be offended or "triggered" even if I could understand them? Are they therefore useless? No, they bind various leftist factions together, and give them order. That's their rhetorical purpose.

One may argue the left has rhetorical energy to burn, because they own most of our cultural institutions. True, they have many arrows in their quiver and don't always need to hit the mark. But it wasn't always that way. How did they conquer academia, for instance? Partly by being organised little revolutionary cells with their own private languages.

You posted something about Modern Architecture received. That clique's world-conquering campaign was almost entirely academic. They stormed the profession with manifestos which are nigh-incomprehensible even now, after much of their thinking is second-nature to large swathes of the culture. Almost none of their sayings or terminology have "stuck" with people who aren't themselves, let alone their enemies. "Form follows function" wasn't even there's. It was coined by a proto-modernist at best.

What I'm saying is I think the people who foolishly want to change winning phrases like SJWs may be thinking rhetorically, just not in terms of maximum rhetorical effect. They're thinking about what appeals to their side more than what appeals to neutrals or what works against enemies.

Anonymous Looking Glass November 15, 2017 7:48 PM  

Since we're well into dealing with Rhetoric, one thing I've tried to always keep in mind: saying a Man has a small penis when it isn't true isn't much of an insult; saying a Man has a large penis is a compliment. Most that have started into this realm don't get past that.

Rhetoric works off self-image. SJW works because they were originally trying to pump themselves up with it, but it was great sarcastic potential since SJWs are feeble people. The attack works because it was a positive term, self-created, that was clearly false and requires mental gymnastics to pull off.

Christian iconography is full of symbols that came about from failed Rhetorical attacks. I hadn't thought about it until recently, but the "Crown of Thorns" is one of the greatest failed Rhetorical attacks. It was meant as an insult, but it's become a cornerstone symbol among the church.

Blogger weka November 15, 2017 7:51 PM  

Because they chose Warrior. Despite being onanists.

Blogger tublecane November 15, 2017 7:52 PM  

@6-Isn't the negative connotation the point? That is, that people rightly feel humiliated by association with it, because being an actual cuck is a bad thing.

Christians not taking advantage of that because it's associated with deviance is hard for me to understand. Can you imagine a preacher in the Bad Old Days not being allowed to call someone a "whore" because whoredom is associated with dirty, sexual things. What?

Anonymous Anonymous November 15, 2017 7:53 PM  

It is the same reason that the term 'land whale' hurts the 'Body / Fat Positively' crowd. They know its true even as they deny it.

MOTW
Www.manofthewest.net

Anonymous Rfvujm November 15, 2017 7:53 PM  

That reminds me of Breitbart comments where many users spew DEMON-RATS or DEMOCRAPS as pejorative for the political left. It bounces right off the target and it's neither creative nor amusing to the audience on the right. I sympathize with what they're going for, but they are failing.

Blogger R Beisert November 15, 2017 7:54 PM  

These are REALLY bad ideas. I could see introducing concepts like "unprivileging," "penance rituals," or something like that to work alongside "virtue signaling" in specific cases, but if it ain't broke...

While the old rhetorical devices still work, any such suggestions would be best served for very topical usage. When an SJW starts self-abasing in an effort to virtue signal, it could be rightly called a "penance ritual" or something along those lines - this carries with it the notion that SJW-ism is a cult religion and sticks a needle in their commonly-atheist egos. When a Jew brings up how he's not white, that would be a sort of "unprivileging" where he attempts to argue that while he LOOKS like a white guy, he's totally not privileged.

Such terminology could be of use, from time to time, but again there's no good reason to end a rhetorical system that works. Why do you think the media still calls everyone "racist," after all?

Blogger VFM #7634 November 15, 2017 7:55 PM  

What's interesting is that "cuck" burns the cuckservative in a way that "whiner" and "parasite" doesn't the SJW. Also, homosexuals HATE being called "sodomites".

I suppose it takes a bit of trial-and-error, but the rule, I take it, should be to use whatever burns them and don't use whatever doesn't.

Anonymous Steve November 15, 2017 7:55 PM  

It is the same reason that the term 'land whale' hurts the 'Body / Fat Positively' crowd.

The preferred term is food camel, bigot.

Blogger tublecane November 15, 2017 7:56 PM  

@22-Then there's the opposite of self-created pumping-up phrases, which are attacks that get turned on their creators, like Fake News.

The Fake News insult is now almost entirely associated with the right, but of course the left started it to explain the inexplicable (to them) Clinton loss. It was immediately turned back on them, and they were totally vulnerable to it. Partly because they didn't realize hardly anyone trusted them anymore.

Blogger tz November 15, 2017 7:57 PM  

@7 I love deep fried turdCuckin sandwiches, though not to eat.

But in any war, well Winston Churchill said "We don't need to do our best, we must do what is necessary".

You have to hit SJWs where it hurts. Their virtue signalling and projection tend to show where the vent to drop the particle beam to destroy their death star lies.

What has changed (and is the destruction of the foundation of Western Civilizaiton) is the nature of the self-destruct button. Aquinas was if you could make a most excellent argument he could not refute or worse, consider accepting. Today with millenials, look for something that emits a sound resembling "Reeeeee", no matter how irrational. I remember the woman practically reduced to tears when I pointed out her global warming virtue signalling was going to kill the elderly (who could not afford HVAC) and why she wanted to murder seniors. SJWs ARE the shallow end of the pond.

I'm severely out of practice since where I am I get a proper rational discussion instead of the Reeeeeetreat to a safe space. I'm not losing my touch, I've intentionally moved to a locale that is smarter and more rational. I have to return to the Seattle area soon and am tempted to practice...

Personally, I'm not bothered by trollery (so don't mind Gab), as sans argument or doxxing, calling me something is just noise. Dialectic is different, and I'm bothered if I have an actual flaw in an argument, and worse if I'm actually in error, but in the latter case I will apologize and correct myself.

As to the Gab kerfuffle, if you don't like Pepsi, drink something else instead of trying to say that Pepsi is evil, broken, going bankrupt, the CEO is a turd, etc. Even if you have a reason (Pepsi is too sweet / Gab is too trolling), state the case and move on. Let time, providence, and random fortune determine the fate. Life is too short, and thought is too important to waste on things past. Hence the Our Father that says "as we forgive those who trespass against us".

Blogger VFM #7634 November 15, 2017 7:58 PM  

That reminds me of Breitbart comments where many users spew DEMON-RATS or DEMOCRAPS as pejorative for the political left. It bounces right off the target and it's neither creative nor amusing to the audience on the right. I sympathize with what they're going for, but they are failing.

@26 Rfvujm
Yeah, that doesn't burn, so I use that sort of term when I'm talking to other commenters on the Right. What does burn leftists, at least somewhat, is "libtard", "progtard", and "prog". They hate that people consider their worldview mentally retarded; after all, they're more enlightened and intelligent than us toothless rednecks. And their preferred term of "progressive" being reduced to a nasty insult that sounds like "frog", "prig", or "pig" also stings.

Blogger Lovekraft November 15, 2017 8:05 PM  

SJ-dar (variation of gay-dar) posted here yesterday have my thumbs up.

"You need to give your Dad a call. He wants to have a sit-down with you."

That's my contribution. I pull that out when I want to shut an SJW up.

Blogger VD November 15, 2017 8:07 PM  

Does it? I always laugh when I hear it used unironically.

No, you don't. You PRETEND to laugh because it stings you. The point is that it is obviously effective rhetoric because it provokes an emotional reaction in you.

There is nothing funny about it per se. You wouldn't laugh if you were called peanut butter or motor oil. Your laughter, such as it is, is provoked by your feelings of psychological discomfort, whether you recognize them as such or not.

Blogger R Beisert November 15, 2017 8:08 PM  

Rfvujm wrote:That reminds me of Breitbart comments where many users spew DEMON-RATS or DEMOCRAPS as pejorative for the political left. It bounces right off the target and it's neither creative nor amusing to the audience on the right. I sympathize with what they're going for, but they are failing.

Democrats are the party associated with open criminality, rape culture, race riots, Communism, vandalism bordering on terrorism, terrorism, and any number of other detestable things that even they don't openly admit. Since exposure to truth seems to cause them unreasoning pain, might as well just call them what they are, I reckon.

The most interesting rhetorical killshot I've seen lately was when Sargon of Akkad correctly identified Thomas Moore as a white supremacist. That pathetic SJW did come out and say, without qualification, that "freedom means white men control everything," after all.

Blogger R Beisert November 15, 2017 8:10 PM  

R Beisert wrote:The most interesting rhetorical killshot I've seen lately was when Sargon of Akkad correctly identified Thomas Moore as a white supremacist. That pathetic SJW did come out and say, without qualification, that "freedom means white men control everything," after all.

Thomas Smith. I mistakenly got the cuck confused with someone semi-interesting.

Anonymous Steve November 15, 2017 8:11 PM  

Who wants to be a Remainiac

Remaniac actually sounds kind of cool and vaguely academic.

We should've called them Renotverygoodiacs. That'll show em!

Anonymous Looking Glass November 15, 2017 8:13 PM  

Wasn't "Remoaner" the one that stuck with Brexit?

Blogger tublecane November 15, 2017 8:13 PM  

@32-"I use that sort of term when I'm talking to other commentators on the Right"

And of course the left does that all the time, too. I remember them being especially find of the term "housefrau" not long ago, basically meaning all women not unreservedly onboard with radical feminism. Do you think any actual housefrauen would be disarmed by the term? I doubt it.

Same with gays and "breeders." Oh, I'm a breeder? Okay. Or all SJWs these days and "heteronormative" or whatever. Regular people aren't affected by it, except perhaps to be confused.

That's part of the purpose. If you don't "get" them, you're not in the know. People like being in the know, and it coheres groups.

Blogger VD November 15, 2017 8:13 PM  

Scott Adams approved.

Thus showing that Scott can't do what Scott can explain. Totally ineffective.

I think the people who foolishly want to change winning phrases like SJWs may be thinking rhetorically, just not in terms of maximum rhetorical effect. They're thinking about what appeals to their side more than what appeals to neutrals or what works against enemies.

They're not. They're either dialectic spergs or moderates who are uncomfortable with the effectiveness of the rhetoric. The latter, especially, are CONSTANTLY trying to interfere with anyone who is making headway. Which is why I always shut them down harshly. They're literally worse than useless.

It labels and groups a group of people who neither want to be labeled or grouped, because not being labeled or grouped was one of thier main tactics in this war.

This is a good point. Notice how they deny the existence of the culture war, which is harder when they are ID'd as warriors.

Anonymous Steve November 15, 2017 8:14 PM  

People like being in the know, and it coheres groups.

Shibboleths =/= rhetoric

Anonymous Aeoli Pera November 15, 2017 8:18 PM  

I still like "basket of respectables".

Blogger S1AL November 15, 2017 8:19 PM  

For non-SJW leftists, the best smear I've found is Communist references. I think it's because they like to pretend they're individuals.

Anonymous Steve November 15, 2017 8:19 PM  

Wasn't "Remoaner" the one that stuck with Brexit?

After they lost.

Every day, the leftwing papers publish new fanfic about how HURR DURR BREXIT ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN, BIGOTS, in between lachrymose stories about how the French (or whatever) are going to abandon London for their native hole du poop.

Any MP's who think they can stop it are in for a nasty surprise.

Anonymous Anonymous November 15, 2017 8:21 PM  

Add "brainwashed" to your insult every chance you get. It is their kryptonite. They will go simianfeces.

Blogger tublecane November 15, 2017 8:22 PM  

@40-Shutting them down harshly is wise either way.

But I wonder, what do you think of all the leftists who use rhetorical terminology and arguments that are plainly ineffective against their enemies but good for binding themselves together in their little ghettoes? Are they misapprehending the way rhetoric works, has their winning streak been in spite of it, or is there something to it?

Blogger David Power November 15, 2017 8:25 PM  

@Rfvujm

Democrits is the best of the bunch as it cuts to the case, yet still has plausible typo deniability.

Blogger tublecane November 15, 2017 8:28 PM  

@41-I'm not taking about shibboleths, which merely distinguish members of the in-group from the out-group. I'm talking about persuasion within the in-group.

They don't just mouth words, they *believe* them. And they can be persuaded to believe.

Blogger rcocean November 15, 2017 8:33 PM  

If he launches the usual “sexist, racist, homophobic, Nazi” line, don't blink and don't defend yourself. Just hit him right back with “racist, child molester, pedophile, monster”

Exactly. I have NO IDEA why the Right finds this so impossible. They ALWAYS want to reason with SJW or jabber about how "No one hates racism/Nazism/etc. worse than Me" - which ALWAYS Fails.

Blogger Weouro November 15, 2017 8:37 PM  

I was skeptical of "cuck" until I saw First Things use it in a headline.

Blogger tublecane November 15, 2017 8:41 PM  

"to better convey the harm they cause"

I didn't think too closely about this, but if I interpret this correctly as being to make the terminology more accurate, then indeed it is a stupid misapprehension of the point of rhetoric.

But then he goes on to say, "much like the left re-branded tea partiers as 'tea baggers,'" which would be a nonsequitur. Unless that person is under the impression the tea party was actually into tea bagging.

I don't remember "tea bagger" being particularly effective, though it is at least an attempt at sexual humiliation rather than an attempt at being accurately descriptive. It was better than their genius idea to start a competing Coffee Party.

Anonymous Steve November 15, 2017 8:44 PM  

It was better than their genius idea to start a competing Coffee Party.

Lindsey Graham was so incensed he started a Lemon Party.

Blogger 罗臻 November 15, 2017 8:48 PM  

The power of SJW is that it is their word. It's not altered at all, like how some people call Christian fundamentalists "fundies." SJW is their term, and it became an insult because a rose by any other name is still a rose.

Blogger David Power November 15, 2017 8:48 PM  


The Left is essentially female in character. And that's why game techniques are the most effective ways of dealing with them.

Most of the crap they spew out are just cultural shit tests. And the most effective game technique for dealing with shit tests is to agree and amplify.

So don't bother arguing the immorality of abortion with them. Just tell them that you believe women should be allowed to strangle their babies up to six weeks after they are born. After all, they are her hands and she should be allowed to do what she likes with them.

Blogger tuberman November 15, 2017 8:56 PM  

O.T. What happened to last night's Darkstream, it is gone?

Anonymous The Liberal November 15, 2017 9:03 PM  

"because it stings you.... There is nothing funny about it per se."

It really doesn't. The funny thing is that when it's used unironically, just like any other political catchphrase, it's a useful heuristic to identify where the person using it is coming from.

Blogger Brad Matthews November 15, 2017 9:03 PM  

The strong rhetoric sticks and goes mainstream. You know it when you hear it, like a hit song. It's OK to be white is near perfection. You rarely see anyone ask what Cuck, SJW, or Dindu mean.

Blogger HalibetLector November 15, 2017 9:04 PM  

Aeoli Pera wrote:I still like "basket of respectables".

Eh. Basket of Adorables is pretty good.

https://i.imgflip.com/1af4wp.jpg

http://www.criticalblast.com/sites/default/files/thump_1.jpg

Blogger Nate November 15, 2017 9:05 PM  

Do t have to be a little bit gamma to think a linguistic killshot is even possible? It isn't. It only happens in the fevered fantasy dream of gammas.

Blogger Nate November 15, 2017 9:08 PM  

I didn't get conservative. I didn't think it was funny. When the ocxasional noob threw it at me it just stuck me as odd. It obviously upset people though. So after a while I accepted it was effective.

Blogger Foxitol November 15, 2017 9:08 PM  

The most important takeaway I got from the Scott Adams book I read was he's a professional bullshitter.

Blogger weka November 15, 2017 9:16 PM  

I like calling actresses and celebrities mouthing the pieties Thots. They cucked their partners to get a part from Weinstein.

Anonymous R Beisert November 15, 2017 9:17 PM  

Nate, drunk?

Anonymous LurkingPuppy November 15, 2017 9:17 PM  

R Beisert wrote:When an SJW starts self-abasing in an effort to virtue signal, it could be rightly called a "penance ritual" or something along those lines - this carries with it the notion that SJW-ism is a cult religion and sticks a needle in their commonly-atheist egos.
Try “sin offering”. It's a Jewish term, and the word “sin” burns them too.

Anonymous Aeoli Pera November 15, 2017 9:22 PM  

I like calling actresses and celebrities mouthing the pieties Thots. They cucked their partners to get a part from Weinstein

Thot leaders.

Anonymous Didas Kalos November 15, 2017 9:22 PM  

@35 wrote: "Democrats are the party associated with open criminality, rape culture, race riots, Communism, vandalism bordering on terrorism, terrorism, and any number of other detestable things that even they don't openly admit. Since exposure to truth seems to cause them unreasoning pain, might as well just call them what they are, I reckon."

Therefore, maybe we should add: Republicans are the party associated with hidden criminality, rape culture, race riots, Communism, vandalism bordering on terrorism, terrorism, and any number of other detestable things that even they don't openly admit. Since exposure to truth seems to cause them unreasoning pain, might as well just call them what they are, I reckon.

Republicans = Democrat Traitor in a nice suit with a conservative haircut.

Blogger Ransom Smith November 15, 2017 9:23 PM  

The wonderful thing about cuck, is that it works well when you have a character limit.

Blogger wreckage November 15, 2017 9:25 PM  

@56, how much time are you going to invest into convincing these guys their rhetoric isn't getting into your head?

Blogger weka November 15, 2017 9:30 PM  

Like. Meme shàll be made

Blogger VFM #7634 November 15, 2017 9:37 PM  

Republicans = Democrat Traitor in a nice suit with a conservative haircut.

@66 Didas Kalos
One handy thing about the GOPe cucks bellyaching about Trump and Moore is that we can use leftoid insults on them, like "Gay Old Pedobears".

Anonymous Godfrey November 15, 2017 9:39 PM  

When someone arrives so late to the party it's only right to slam the door in his face.

The term "SJW" is and has been a pejorative for countless months. Where has this guy been?

Blogger wreckage November 15, 2017 9:42 PM  

The good thing about SJW is it's isolating. "Oh, but YOU'RE not an SJW; you're just passionate" or variants thereof can simply and instantly strip out social support in an argument. It makes it safer to deploy and harder to oppose.

Blogger S1AL November 15, 2017 9:42 PM  

"It really doesn't. The funny thing is that when it's used unironically, just like any other political catchphrase, it's a useful heuristic to identify where the person using it is coming from."

Da, comrade! Glory to the Party!

Blogger SciVo November 15, 2017 9:47 PM  

Rfvujm wrote:That reminds me of Breitbart comments where many users spew DEMON-RATS or DEMOCRAPS as pejorative for the political left. It bounces right off the target and it's neither creative nor amusing to the audience on the right. I sympathize with what they're going for, but they are failing.

Yeah, most of them really suck, but I do like Dhimmicrat.

Blogger Student in Blue November 15, 2017 9:47 PM  

Scott Adams being able to accurately describe how Trump does things doesn't mean Scott Adams is going to be an effective persuader.

To say he could because of the former, is to say that good movie critics are automatically good at making movies.

Blogger Lovekraft November 15, 2017 9:52 PM  

The slow creep of the left into what is forbidden has us a bit on the defensive. For eg, do we or don't we call Bruce Jenner a dude?

So to get in front of that, we definitely need some neutralizing term such as:

"The jury's still out on that one."

And believe me, if it then goes to a debate, we will wipe the floor with them.

Anonymous Firing linguistic blanks November 15, 2017 10:01 PM  

Nate, drunk?

Dry firing.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine November 15, 2017 10:04 PM  

"The most important takeaway I got from the Scott Adams book I read was he's a professional bullshitter."

I made the huge mistake of picking up "God's Debris". Never buying anything of his again if it doesn't have the word "Dilbert" in the title. It came across to me as "I'm going to make a bunch of sh** up and throw it in with actual things and things people actually believe and propose it to you as a thought experiment" then at the end "experiment successful, I'm not going to tell you what I made up, and you still bought my cr**."

"Try “sin offering”."

How about "self-effluviation" in the style of self-flagellation?

Blogger Solaire Of Astora November 15, 2017 10:08 PM  

Scott Adams can be a real weenie. He's likable enough but he can also be a little annoying. Though he has showed how useful accusing leftists of experiencing cognitive dissonance is. It really flusters them. Every time they laugh when nothing funny happened or start a sentence with 'so' or any of their other quirky crap, telling them that their behavior is a tell for cognitive dissonance really gets under their skin.

Blogger Lazarus November 15, 2017 10:08 PM  

Azure Amaranthine wrote:I'm not going to tell you what I made up, and you still bought my cr**."



I think he has an indoor tennis court. He said to send his regards.

Blogger Lazarus November 15, 2017 10:14 PM  

R Beisert wrote:Nate, drunk?

Shut your mouth! So he is sobriety challenged. I am sure you would welcome him into your foxhole anytime.

Blogger Desdichado November 15, 2017 10:26 PM  

Speaking of rhetoric that works; check out #makeapp and #TheHaggening

Blogger Dire Badger November 15, 2017 10:29 PM  

The closest thing I have ever heard to a linguistic kill shot is "Don't get all triggered', specifically when dealing with a hyperfeminist.

Usually it's an argument ender.
But learning which words hurt each anti-white-man identity group the most and using them relentlessly is highly useful. Ironically, the WORST names are not the ones that hurt them the most... calling a black man a nigger just makes him want to fight, but calling him an inmate or a chimp tends to hurt him a lot more.

Frankly, this is a fight. And the only way to win the war while maintaining the moral high ground is to goad the bastards into pearl harbor.

Blogger Dire Badger November 15, 2017 10:30 PM  

BTW, 'struggle session' really pisses of the occasional smart one.

Anonymous Rocklea November 15, 2017 10:34 PM  

"The slow creep of the left into what is forbidden has us a bit on the defensive. For eg, do we or don't we call Bruce Jenner a dude?"

I've been thinking about this in an "it's okay to be white" context with respect to marriage.

Son, it's okay to like girls.

Son, there's nothing wrong with liking girls.

There is no shame in a man marrying a woman.

With or without appropriate pictures.

Anonymous Rocklea November 15, 2017 10:40 PM  

Sorry for the non-sequitur reply Lazarus, I was commenting on Lovekraft's post and jumped into the wrong comment box.

Blogger Koanic November 15, 2017 10:43 PM  

Take your anti-anxiety meds, Social Justice Worrier LOL

Blogger Were-Puppy November 15, 2017 10:44 PM  

@76 Lovekraft

The slow creep of the left into what is forbidden has us a bit on the defensive. For eg, do we or don't we call Bruce Jenner a dude?
---

https://i.imgflip.com/1zgpql.jpg

Anonymous Rocklea November 15, 2017 10:51 PM  

https://i.imgflip.com/1zgpql.jpg

Yep, there's no fooling Fido.

Blogger 罗臻 November 15, 2017 10:56 PM  

Cuckservative didn't start as an outgroup directed pejorative, but as insider lingo to describe conservatives who carry water for the left. Sort of how SWPL was an inside joke. Baizuo doesn't roll off the tongue for non-mandarin speakers, but it has potential for getting under the left's skin, or in causing them to claim we're colluding with China too.

Blogger Lazarus November 15, 2017 11:10 PM  

Rocklea wrote:Yep, there's no fooling Fido.

That's a kill shot.

Anonymous Neo November 15, 2017 11:12 PM  

Does it? I always laugh when I hear it used unironically.

It really doesn't. The funny thing is that when it's used unironically, just like any other political catchphrase, it's a useful heuristic to identify where the person using it is coming from.

"hahaha i have now discovered that you are an internet user whose politics ranges from right-wing to center-left hahaha"

Yeah, cool story bro. You can go back to reddit now.

Blogger Nate November 15, 2017 11:20 PM  

"Nate, drunk?"

no. commenting on with a damn phone. which is not a blackberry. therefore I hate it.

Anonymous Clueless Cuckservative November 15, 2017 11:29 PM  

But...but...but...muh social consensus! Muh give and take! Muh civility!

Whut about muh ciVILity?

Anonymous A Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents November 15, 2017 11:34 PM  

罗臻 = Baizuo? Asking for a fiend.

Anonymous Joe Ego November 15, 2017 11:40 PM  

I'm just sad nobody ever picked up on Bern Victims.

Anonymous Anonymous November 15, 2017 11:41 PM  

Behold Scott Adams, the Don Quixote of rhetoric.

"Just then they came in sight of thirty or forty SJWs that rise from that plain. And no sooner did Scott Adams see them that he said to his squire, "Fortune is guiding our affairs better than we ourselves could have wished. Do you see over yonder, friend Vox, thirty or forty Social Justice Implants(as in fake, like breasts)? I intend to do battle with them and slay them. With their spoils we shall begin to be rich for this is a righteous war and the removal of so foul a brood from off the face of the earth is a service God will bless."

Blogger The Foolproof November 15, 2017 11:44 PM  

SJW is an excellent pejorative because the sarcasm is clear. Anyone can see that the obese blue-haired feminist and the noodle-armed male ally are as far from being warriors as they are from being just.

Effective rhetoric doesn’t need to be explained, as “virtue implants” clearly does (and even then, it only sort of makes sense).

Blogger Harris November 15, 2017 11:46 PM  

Easiest way to win an argument with a self-important woman is to start calling her ugly. Easy, peasy. No logic necessary. It strikes at the very heart of a woman's self worth.

And you don't have to do it directly. For example, I always laugh heartily whenever Allessia Cara's song "Scars to your Beautiful" comes on, I make it a point to laugh heartily, and point out the Lyric "There's a hope that's waiting for you in the dark. You should know you're beautiful just the way you are."

Yeah - you're beautiful in the dark. But please don't turn the light on. Hahahaha. The song seems so earnest, but is actually a hilarious joke. Point that out to earnest SJW's and they slink away in humiliation. If they try to argue, just laugh longer and louder, and point out that they don't REALLY believe the crap they're spewing.

The word "ugly" is the single best weapon to use on women. It's kryptonite to their Superwoman. It's a nuclear word bomb. It's like Raid to a roach. Kills bugs dead.

Anonymous Mr. Rational November 15, 2017 11:49 PM  

Lovekraft wrote:do we or don't we call Bruce Jenner a dude?
Bruce Jenner is a fake woman.

We may be able to weaponize "trans" as equivalent to "fake".

Anonymous Jill November 15, 2017 11:51 PM  

Truth.

Anonymous Neo November 15, 2017 11:52 PM  

Scott Adams is for normies. Center-left to center-right. And he is a very effective persuader in that range. I know quite a few people who he persuaded to support Trump.

Some of his meme-creation is Boomer-league. But once he has good material, he uses it extremely effectively. Such as when he was framing anti-Trumpers as bullies. The emotion in his Periscopes brought back some people who were ready to jump ship after PussyGate.

He is also obviously good at analyzing other people's persuasion.

His main problem in this "SJW" case is that he is a hardcore liberal. He believes in the causes of "social justice", "equality", "feminism", "diversity" etc. He's so liberal that he won't even say "Congressman". He calls that term "sexist".

How can you expect such a man to have the proper amount of contempt when attacking these ideologies? "Social justice warrior" probably stings him too.

Anonymous Neo November 16, 2017 12:10 AM  

Easiest way to win an argument with a self-important woman is to start calling her ugly. Easy, peasy. No logic necessary. It strikes at the very heart of a woman's self worth.

This is true. I sometimes also use "homely". Instant triggering.

Occasionally they try to play the tryhard "haha that's funny I'm laffin" game. But a few minutes later they blow up psychotically with some variation of "I'm so beautiful and I would never fuck you!"

A sad attempt at rejection after they themselves have been rejected. Their beauty really means a lot to them. This is why they are so monumentally triggered at the recent #Haggening.

https://i.imgur.com/9HrqRJc.jpg

Blogger Sillon Bono November 16, 2017 12:17 AM  

VFM #7634 wrote:What's interesting is that "cuck" burns the cuckservative in a way that "whiner" and "parasite" doesn't the SJW. Also, homosexuals HATE being called "sodomites".

I suppose it takes a bit of trial-and-error, but the rule, I take it, should be to use whatever burns them and don't use whatever doesn't.


Two days ago I was engaged in a discussion with someone abou the influence of (((the tribe))) in the culture and the only way I found to make a dent in the discussion was to equate what (((they))) do to popular culture and societal norms as filling every crevice with semite droppings.

Boy that worked.

So yes, it is trial and error,sometimes something resonates.

Blogger Cetera November 16, 2017 12:23 AM  

Mr. Rational wrote:Lovekraft wrote:do we or don't we call Bruce Jenner a dude?

Bruce Jenner is a fake woman.

We may be able to weaponize "trans" as equivalent to "fake".



About that meme you ordered...
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/7da9e9/this_is_a_transapple_exactly_the_same_as_a/

Anonymous Jack Amok November 16, 2017 12:28 AM  

Social Justice Warrior is perfect, all three words are a lie. Making one of the words true, like "Social Justice Parasite", ruins the symmetry, in addition to having other problems.

Blogger Abyssus Invocat November 16, 2017 12:38 AM  

白左. The white left.

Blogger tublecane November 16, 2017 12:38 AM  

@75-Or musicologists can write a symphony like Mozart.

Of course, if you write self-help style books people assume you've already helped yourself. The best pitchman for a book titled How to Make Millions Flipping Houses wouldn't be someone who isn't and never was a millionaire.

Blogger Cloom Glue November 16, 2017 12:47 AM  

Here is simple rhetoric to implicitly attack homosexuality "rights".

Instead of saying "Drudge is a homosexual", always say "Drudge chose homosexuality" or "Milo chose sodomy".

It also does not matter if you think it is not precisely true, although I think it is completely true that they chose it.

Unhook their wagon from equality initiatives: If they chose rebellion, they are not like a race, and they cannot absolve themselves of un-choosing it.

Blogger tublecane November 16, 2017 12:49 AM  

@79-Starting sentences with "so"--and use of "so" in general, for that matter--has been annoying me lately. It's like a verbal tic, but I suppose with deeper causes. One of them "signs of the times."

Maybe people who overuse "do" realize there's no coherence to their thoughts and arguments. With it, they can pretend there's a connection between what came before and what's about to come, whether or not there is.

They need words like that to fall back on because much of what people say is just one thing after another. If they're lucky, they make things up on the fly that make sense, or they find something they think makes sense and keep sticking it in everything they say.

Otherwise, they limp around using "so" as a crutch.

Blogger tublecane November 16, 2017 12:56 AM  

@106-Making one of the words true also makes the phrase incorrect. Because "social justice parasite" sounds like someone living off a "social justice" host. You can make a living using social justice, but the actual host would be productive people. Social justice isn't productive.

Not that making sense matters. Nonsense is plenty rhetorically effective. But "social justice parasite" isn't effective anyway, and it utterly fails even by the standard of being more truthful.

I'm not certain the internal symmetry is the most important part, but it's nice.

Blogger VFM #7634 November 16, 2017 12:57 AM  

His main problem in this "SJW" case is that he is a hardcore liberal.

@102 Neo
Scott Adams may be liberal, but his not being Gamma may have something to do with is ability to be level-headed about Trump. No, I don't think he'd be bothered by the term "SJW". (In fact, I'm pretty sure he's either a low Sigma or a high-functioning Omega.)

Blogger michaeloh59 November 16, 2017 1:10 AM  

When Antifa began making the news and became YouTube stars this year I called them 'Nazifa'. I thought it was clever. Our host kinda harrumphed, 'Just call em commies'. So his point was and is that effective rhetoric isn't about me feeling clever but rather about stinging the target. I suspect that calling Antifa 'Nazis' is approximately as effective as Hillary calling us deplorables. They deeply believe that they are modern day Secular/atheist crusaders on a sacred quest to slay the infidel/Nazis. So my question is this: is VD correct that 'commie' stings the average antifa LARPing as a warrior? And what about a slogan one sees deployed against antifa that always resonates with me: When Fascism comes to America, it will come in the guise of 'anti-fascism'. Is this effective rhetoric, or is this just an anthem which rallies one side but lays no glove on the other? BTW doesn't 'White Weaklings' sting the sissies of Antifa and the cucks, without the Stormer overtones of 'race traitor '?

Anonymous A Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents November 16, 2017 1:26 AM  

@113
Not sure that calling Antifa "commies" bothers them. Some are open in their support of Socialism/Communism or at least slogans.

I haven't field tested "Klantifa" on the black hoodies yet. So no opinion. "Mommies boys" might work, given the number who live at home.

Blogger Sillon Bono November 16, 2017 1:29 AM  

https://dailystormer.hk/new-ai-app-removes-womens-makeup-thots-on-suicide-watch/

This is actually on topic, earlier it was being mentioned that the worst thing you can call a woman is ugly

Let's see how long does it take for the SJW to demand that the app stores remove the app.

Blogger Sillon Bono November 16, 2017 1:31 AM  

@114

Commie terror brigades

Blogger Sillon Bono November 16, 2017 1:31 AM  

@114

Commie terror brigades

Blogger Geoarrge November 16, 2017 1:36 AM  

One reason 'social justice warrior' works is because although they are jokes at actual warfare, they have in fact adopted a wartime mentality: they mean to destroy their declared enemies. Although they're cowards in open combat, they still want to see you dead. They are certainly willing to cut off your livelihood and open the doors for the barbarians.

Blogger Wuzzums Fuzzums November 16, 2017 1:39 AM  

@114

Wellfare Ninjas

@115

https://www.reddit.com/r/MGTOW/comments/7d5nc7/lol/

Like sunlight for a vampire.

Anonymous Jack Amok November 16, 2017 1:40 AM  

I'm not certain the internal symmetry is the most important part, but it's nice.

I did say there are other problems, but... the more I think about it, the more convinced I am the internal symmetry is important for this. Both "social" and "justice" are words with positive connotations (which is why lying leftists co-opted and corrupted both), but purple-haired land-whales with glass amygdala and soy-soaked pajamabois with the testosterone level of a pink pansy blossom are clearly not warriors of any sort, so the other words get called into question by association.

"Social Justice Parasite" implies you're agreeing with the "social justice" part and only disagreeing with the "warrior" part that you substituted.

But, this is like describing why a joke is funny. Kinda beyond the whole point. Whatever my (or your) theory says isn't as important as observational results.

Blogger Sillon Bono November 16, 2017 1:43 AM  

@119

Top Kek

Anonymous JAG November 16, 2017 1:52 AM  

Sillon Bono wrote:

This is actually on topic, earlier it was being mentioned that the worst thing you can call a woman is ugly

Let's see how long does it take for the SJW to demand that the app stores remove the app.


Ugly is an awesome rhetoric bomb for the harpies. Insinuating that they also reek of body odor or some other stench works quite well too.

Blogger Thad tuiol November 16, 2017 2:12 AM  

"Be sure to tune in next week, and join Scott as he shows how to turn an 88mm German flak gun into an air rifle..."

Blogger Groggy November 16, 2017 2:20 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Groggy November 16, 2017 2:31 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Anonymous VFM #6306 November 16, 2017 2:33 AM  

We shouldn't call them "armchair quarterbacks" because quarterbacks are awesome. We should call them "armchair placeholders."

That'll show them.

Blogger Lance E November 16, 2017 2:41 AM  

VFM #7634 wrote:What's interesting is that "cuck" burns the cuckservative in a way that "whiner" and "parasite" doesn't the SJW. Also, homosexuals HATE being called "sodomites".

I suppose it takes a bit of trial-and-error, but the rule, I take it, should be to use whatever burns them and don't use whatever doesn't.


Related: if you want to cause a tranny meltdown, figure out which type of tranny it is and refer to it by the correct term. Either gay/fag/homo (self-explanatory) or autogynephile. The latter doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, but if you're dealing with that type, 99% guaranteed it knows and despises that word.

Also misgendering them and using their pre-tranny name. There's a reason why they shriek nonstop about these terrible acts of HATESPEECH and want to criminalize them.

Blogger Wuzzums Fuzzums November 16, 2017 2:59 AM  

@122

The best insult for feminists I've heard was on a Steven Crowder show and it was one of his twitter followers that said it: "Engorged Neon Harpies"
However I do think it's too clever for them to get it instantly.

@124

He said he endorsed Clinton for his own safety. It's clearly tongue in cheek remark on leftist violence but the death threats did stop because leftists can't understand humor.

Anonymous 8859 ways to be adorable. November 16, 2017 3:03 AM  

You need to remember that 'tea bagging' is a victory dance of humiliation done on a vanquished foe. It is far better to be the tea baggER than the tea bagEE. As with so many other things it's better to give than to receive.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine November 16, 2017 3:14 AM  

"Instead of saying "Drudge is a homosexual", always say "Drudge chose homosexuality" or "Milo chose sodomy".

It also does not matter if you think it is not precisely true"


Good. Also those familiar with me would be aware that that sort of statement on my part would actually be me extending the olive branch. If they didn't actually have any say in it, that means they're like rabid animals or inconvenient inanimate objects. They'd simply have to die for the survival of me and mine, and I wouldn't feel even slightly bad about making it happen.

"if you want to cause a tranny meltdown"

Brah, it's even easier than that. Just talk at them like a normal, sane person and refuse to be ashamed on their behalf. Forest fire and a volcanic eruption all in one package.

Anonymous Bob November 16, 2017 3:36 AM  

Mr. Rational wrote:We may be able to weaponize "trans" as equivalent to "fake".

Hmm...I'm thinking usage like "trans-truth" or "trans-peaceful."

"Islam is a trans-peaceful religion," or "That SJW is extremely trans-honest."

Blogger Azure Amaranthine November 16, 2017 3:46 AM  

As for the makeapp haggening, it's making me aware that apparently I never really payed much attention to complexion in the first place if I could detect any makeup at all. Face structure, lines and wrinkles however, those apparently are what I'm looking at with or without makeup.

Results:

10 with makeup: Still an 8-10.

Sub 5 with makeup: Flipping 2 best case scenario.


Perfect complexion no freckles or spots? Yeah, almost no one has that, but a lot of women have gotten used to pretending they do!

This is the female equivalent of telling a man he's weak or "cuck".

Anonymous Rocklea November 16, 2017 4:45 AM  

Some trannys are wireless.
https://imgur.com/gallery/mVLxp

Blogger VD November 16, 2017 5:04 AM  

it's a useful heuristic to identify where the person using it is coming from.

And useful heuristics strike you as so funny that they cause you to literally laugh out loud? Either you are insane or you are lying.

And you are obviously an SJW. Because SJWs like you ALWAYS LIE. Now, please go ahead and double down. We all know you're going to.

Anonymous Nick November 16, 2017 5:23 AM  

Calling them the "evil Marxist left" is far more effective rhetoric than Scott's new suggestions, but he doesn't even think to use it despite having just written the words. Effective rhetoric isn't "proposed" into the lexicon, it's used and adopted when it hits home. Some examples: communist, degenerate, cuck, snowflake, SJW, traitor, evil. I'd like Bolshevik or Marxist to get used more, but people are so ignorant of history that even communist isn't as effective as it once was and the aforementioned terms probably draw blank stares from most people.

Blogger Al From Bay Shore November 16, 2017 5:57 AM  

@135 I've noticed they have a problem with being called communists and variations of such. SJW is completely effective and I'm not offering a replacement, instead I am supporting the idea of adding that term to the rhetorical arsenal.

ie. "You know Assata was a Marxist, right?"; "You know that MLK was a socialist, right?"; "What's with the hammer and sickle flag?"

Blogger Harambe November 16, 2017 5:58 AM  

Doesn't anyone understand the utility of sarcasm anymore?

Anonymous Anonymous November 16, 2017 5:59 AM  

I'm sorry to say that many SJW's now wear the label with pride: I had one introduce himself as such yesterday.

On the up side. I've never heard anyone proudly call themselves a cuck.

Blogger Harambe November 16, 2017 6:06 AM  

Honestly, the most effective twitter exchanges I've had consisted of nothing more than me typing "sarcastic" or "eye roll" in the gif search box and picking one at random. By engaging SJW's on their level with pseudo-"debates", you're encouraging them because then they feel like you're validating them by treating them like equals. When you roll your eyes at them of give them a Chuck Norris Thumbs Up, they give up and cry in a corner because you're not taking them serious. And being taken seriously is the thing they crave more than anything.

Anonymous Anonymous November 16, 2017 6:07 AM  

"The Levellers"
I've always thought that "The Levellers", originally radicals from Oliver Cromwell's time had great potential as it describes both the desired outcome and the process employed to achieve it.

Blogger Harambe November 16, 2017 6:08 AM  

GraceIronwood wrote:I'm sorry to say that many SJW's now wear the label with pride: I had one introduce himself as such yesterday.

On the up side. I've never heard anyone proudly call themselves a cuck.


Yeah I would take that with a grain of salt. Like Scalzi "proudly" posing in a dress, they pretend like they're okay, but they're crying behind the mask.

Anonymous Anonymous November 16, 2017 6:08 AM  

The English word "liberal" can now mean two completely opposite things: classical liberals like Sargon and retarded liberals like the majority of the leftists...

Thus I make it a point to be accurate and use the correct terms like "retarded liberal" or "regressive left". I think it's important. Some classical liberals are less cucked than the GOP!

@135 - Note that saying "a good commie is a dead commie" is cultural appropriation, since killing other commies pretty much is communist culture. Thus the proper, respectful phrasing would be "a good commie is a commie who died in the Gulag" or something similar. I'm still not sure, gotta work on it.

I've used Vox's teachings on various forums to have a bit of fun. For example, going on relationship advice forums infested with feminists and dispensing red pills as a public service. It's also hilarious! I encourage y'all to try!

I've been surprised at how accurate the SJW books and the socio-sexual hierarchy are. They really work. Gammas' really gonna gamma... It should be a verb, btw.

And even more heartwarming is the fact that many other silent guys will come up with encouraging comments. And I get tons of anonymous upvotes.

This shows that there is indeed a silent pool of people who are really fed up with the SJW trend, but are unwilling to express themselves (even using an internet handle) for fear of SJW attack and retaliation. I think it's important to show them that one can stick their neck out, tell the truth in style and trigger the fireworks, and to remind them that liberal retardation will only dominate if we let it do so.

Funny thing is, once they've finished REEEing, the SJW moderators rush to delete the posts but they are both intimidated and terrified by the amount of "problematic" upvotes. This sparked hilarious debates between them. They really wonder what to do, yet never quite grasp that these upvotes come from people who are well and truly fed up with them...

Heh.


Blogger Thucydides November 16, 2017 6:27 AM  

@114
Anita are *actual* communists (the entire thing, including the flag logo comes from the Third Communist International), although given the state of education these days, many people in the movement probably are completely clueless about that.

The best way to torpedo them is to simply dismiss them as "Brownshirts". It describes their tactics clearly and effectively to everyone (who ever heard of the "Spartacists"?), and totally upends their narrative and self description.

Anonymous Anonymous November 16, 2017 6:28 AM  

R Beisert wrote:These are REALLY bad ideas. I could see introducing concepts like "unprivileging," "penance rituals," or something like that to work alongside "virtue signaling" in specific cases, but if it ain't broke...

While the old rhetorical devices still work, any such suggestions would be best served for very topical usage. When an SJW starts self-abasing in an effort to virtue signal, it could be rightly called a "penance ritual" or something along those lines - this carries with it the notion that SJW-ism is a cult religion and sticks a needle in their commonly-atheist egos. When a Jew brings up how he's not white, that would be a sort of "unprivileging" where he attempts to argue that while he LOOKS like a white guy, he's totally not privileged.

Such terminology could be of use, from time to time, but again there's no good reason to end a rhetorical system that works. Why do you think the media still calls everyone "racist," after all?


It's a great idea to workshop rhetoric. I think the cult/religion idea has merit. Extreme SJW-ism certainly strikes many ordinary people as indistinguishable from any other religious supremacism.

Anonymous Anonymous November 16, 2017 6:32 AM  

What do we think of SJW's engaged in "Social Justice Jihad".

"Communists" do not really have an image problem among the public at large.

Blogger Harambe November 16, 2017 6:47 AM  

Thucydides wrote:@114

Anita are *actual* communists (the entire thing, including the flag logo comes from the Third Communist International), although given the state of education these days, many people in the movement probably are completely clueless about that.

The best way to torpedo them is to simply dismiss them as "Brownshirts". It describes their tactics clearly and effectively to everyone (who ever heard of the "Spartacists"?), and totally upends their narrative and self description.


What if they don't know what "brownshirt" means?

Anonymous JAG November 16, 2017 7:02 AM  

GraceIronwood wrote:

On the up side. I've never heard anyone proudly call themselves a cuck.


Correct. Not even the cucks who make videos about how "awesome" it is to have their wife screwing as many guys as they want. They will even claim that their sex life has never been better because of it. Point out that they are cucks, and watch the meltdown ensue.

Blogger ZhukovG November 16, 2017 7:03 AM  

If you think you have a great turn of phrase or insult, use it yourself. If it catches on, great. If not, stick to what works.

But if you have to say, 'Hey, guys lets use X phrase, because it means so and so', it's probably a bad idea.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine November 16, 2017 7:14 AM  

"Doesn't anyone understand the utility of sarcasm anymore?"

Yes, but plain text is a poor media of sarcasm. Coincidentally, practitioners of sarcasm who attempt to apply it in plain text -- amongst people other than their close acquaintances -- are poor practitioners.

"many SJW's now wear the label with pride: I had one introduce himself as such yesterday."

Response: Social *politely covered mouth while snickering* justice *rolleyes* warrior! *barely restrained roaring laughter*. Make it burn again.

"classical liberals like Sargon"

Sorry, but your boy Sargon's a retarded-type liberal too, he's just got it written deep on the inside of his underpants -- under several layers of halfway-decent education -- rather than on his sleeve like most. That being said, yes, I agree that there are classical liberals. Surely something like 0.5% of the population or less consists entirely of them!

Honestly, if they want to take the name back, they need to control the degenerates camped in their backyard. If they can't do that... I don't really care about making allowances for them.

""a good commie is a dead commie" is cultural appropriation"

No one gives a flying fart. The only good pinko is a dead pinko.

"although given the state of education these days, many people in the movement probably are completely clueless about that."

Worse than that, many modern college-"educated" individuals are not only okay with communism, they even think it's a good thing, nay, they think it's the only good thing. A lot of them would take "brownshirt" as a compliment, assuming they even know what it means.

"Extreme SJW-ism certainly strikes many ordinary people as indistinguishable from any other religious supremacism."

Ordinary people strike solipsists as a form of evidence contradicting their insanity-cult.

""Communists" do not really have an image problem among the public at large."

True, which is why we need to ensure they have body image problems. You know, when their skin starts to crack away and their burning fat begins to give off the fragrance of roast pork on the stake they're lashed to.

Anonymous Anonymous November 16, 2017 7:21 AM  

Abyssus Invocat wrote:白左. The white left.



Ouch.

Anonymous Anonymous November 16, 2017 8:12 AM  

"autogynephile"

I have always had the strongest feeling from all three trannys I have known, that despite being nominally interested in relationships, they were their own major sexual object.
Finally found the word for it.

Blogger bw November 16, 2017 8:16 AM  

"Communists" do not really have an image problem among the public at large."

Absolutely - because they're fucking clueless about what it is and why. Just don't be a "nazi".
Who What Where When Why How

Blogger bw November 16, 2017 8:24 AM  

which is not a blackberry. therefore I hate it.

Can't transfer shit to or from my bb. Their own sware has fucked my phone beyond comprehension.
Beautiful, you c#nts.

Blogger 罗臻 November 16, 2017 9:04 AM  

白左 = white left
白痴 = idiot

Baizuo means white left, but it also can be reasonably translated as "shitlib" or "f-ing stupid white leftists" because the first character also means empty, hence it's use in the word idiot.

Leftists have written long articles complaining about it, vexed how Chinese people in China would call them that. Here's the most shared one: The curious rise of the ‘white left’ as a Chinese internet insult

A lot of leftists might not get the meaning of Baizuo, but that's when you get to deliver the shiv. Oh, what does this exotic foreign word mean? Let me explain!

Blogger VFM #7634 November 16, 2017 9:31 AM  

Baizuo means white left, but it also can be reasonably translated as "shitlib" or "f-ing stupid white leftists" because the first character also means empty, hence it's use in the word idiot.

Interesting. So 白 has an etymology sort of like the English word "blank".

Anonymous Avalanche November 16, 2017 10:33 AM  

@49 'Exactly. I have NO IDEA why the Right finds this so impossible. They ALWAYS want to reason with SJW"

Because we value the truth, and we do not KNOW if that PoS we're talking to IS a pedo-etc. So, we are "lying" (or mis-identifying) the person by doing so.

Learning to speak rhetoric AS a foreign language -- and thus accepting their own 'euphemisms' and colloquial usages (that is: calling someone a pedo whom you do not know to BE a pedo is actually a part of that foreign language) makes is somewhat less painful... but it's still painful. (CHOOSING to speak nonsense hurts! Can be done, must be done... but hurts.)

Blogger RobertT November 16, 2017 11:09 AM  

You can't learn persuasivry from a book. You either have it or you don't. Scott Adams is doing just fine, but not from the deals he makes. Trump is persuasive. He proved it. Adams hasn't proved anything like it. That doesn't make him a bad guy. He's a great guy who's very interesting and has his finger on a lot of things. He can certainly recognize a trend. But if he can't learn persuasivery from hypnotism or study, nobody can. Despite his claims to the contrary.

Blogger stevo November 16, 2017 9:37 PM  

It is funny too

Blogger Thucydides November 17, 2017 12:45 AM  

@146
I was about to say "who the hell doesn't know what a Brownshirt is?", but backed up when I reflected on the special snowflakes we read about all the time here and in other media.

You are right that there *are* a fair number of people out there with entirely blank slates, courtesy of modern education. I think there are still sufficient people who understand the link between Brownshirts and National Socialism to still make dismissing Antifa and another bunch of brownshirts burn in their minds, and I think the shrieking response will clue in the uninformed as to just what happened.

One can only hope, anyway....

Blogger Scott Birch November 17, 2017 2:33 AM  

It's perfect as is.

Blogger Scott Birch November 17, 2017 2:44 AM  

Yup

Anonymous Ghost Who Walks November 17, 2017 8:49 AM  

The late Roy Garn, author of the famous book on how to win a sale via "the magic power" of emotional appeal, would approve. "Social Justice Lunatic" is precise, but will not hit the critters where they live (in the affective domain).

Blogger jsjs100 November 18, 2017 3:24 PM  

Wouldn't it be effective to respond "Oh, so you admit that you're a hateful bitch."

Blogger jsjs100 November 18, 2017 3:34 PM  

Or even say, "That makes you my bitch."

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts