ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Saturday, December 09, 2017

Why the Left hates Christmas

Mr. John C. Wright ponders the question in his new column for Dangerous:
Why must a Leftist hate Christmas, then?  Let us look at it as a multiple choice question.

(1) A Leftist is rude.
(2) A Leftist is a killjoy.
(3) A Leftist is divisive.
(4) A Leftist hates America.
(5) A Leftist hates Christ.
(6) All of the above.
Let us ponder each possible answer:

First, the War on Christmas is waged to be rude.

It is rude, but this is not why Uncle Screwtape encourages his useful idiots to be idiots about it. Rudeness is merely a means to an end.

This war is not just a matter of public buildings replacing baby Jesus from nativity scenes with Kami the AIDS-awareness muppet, or a public schools holding A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS as a school play but deleting one scene where Linus quotes the Gospel of Luke. These are just steps.

It is not just a matter of trotting out tired old chestnuts about Christmas trees being pagan in origin or Christ’s birth being a retelling of the birth of Horus, or Mithra, or Krishna.

Let us digress a moment to remember that all those old chestnuts are bogus. All fake news.

The practice of decorating Christmas trees dates from Eighteenth Century Germany, which had not been pagan for over a thousand years.

Horus’s birth was traditionally celebrated in August, not December, and he was born to avenge his father’s death, not to cure mankind of sin. Mithra was not born, he was carved out of a rock.

As for Krishna, he was not the firstborn of a virgin, but the eighthborn of a married matron. An evil king seeks his life, but not for the reason Herod sought Christ’s. At Krishna’s birth, Vishnu appears from heaven, and whisks the mother away, brushing evil serpents and raging floods from her path. Not a long donkey ride to Egypt here.

She gives Krishna to a kindly cowherd to raise, and takes the cowherd’s daughter in swap. Upon returning, when the tyrant enters the dungeon seeking the child’s life, the cowherd’s daughter is transfigured into the goddess Yogamaya and ascends to heaven. Later, Krishna grows up to seduce rural maidens. No getting lost in a temple arguing points of law with old graybeards for this boy.

Besides, even if each jot and tittle of Christmas tradition was taken from pagan forebears unchanged except for the name “HORUS” crossed out in bright red crayon, and the name “CHRIST” crudely thrust in, so what?

The pagan forebears of the Christians were themselves the very people who converted and became Christian. Their culture also was baptized. Words, dress, architecture, calendar, was unchanged. The names of months, weekdays, planets, constellations, were kept.

Everything they kept was a pagan survival into Christianity. It all became Christian.

What was left behind was sodomy, polygamy, pederasty,  divorce  (yes, the Romans had that), contraceptive pharmaceuticals (yes, the Romans had that, too) and the belief that Caesar was sacred, but not human life.

The pagan things that did not survive are the very things the modern world wants to return to us: sodomy, polygamy, pederasty, divorce, contraception. A despot worshipped as a god. Life held cheaply. Some returned came in the 1930’s, some in the 1960’s. Some are coming.

So, to make it clear: putting pretty lights on a tree, or weaving a wreath of evergreens, is not a pagan survival. These things did not spring out of Christianity. The only thing that honestly can be said to have sprang out of paganism, and which survives to the modern day, is Christianity.

But these silly, trifling slurs and insults against nativity scenes and Charlie Brown plays, and these silly, trifling arguments about the alleged pagan roots of Christmas are not being done to change décor nor change minds. They are done to affront, not to persuade.

Win or lose, the bickering destroys something of the Christmas spirit. The rudeness is an instrument to kill the joy and pleasure of the season, to make a shared solemnity into a bone of contention.

It is done to ruin the fun.

So the War on Christmas is waged to kill the fun of Christmas, to end the joy.
Don't let them do it. Feel the joy. Feed the joy. Fuel the joy.

Il Verbo si fece carne e venne ad abitare tra noi.

Labels:

89 Comments:

Anonymous Pitcrew December 09, 2017 1:16 PM  

Christmas carols, always the best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mRkOvbCUkU

Anonymous The Original Arrogant Steelers Fan December 09, 2017 1:21 PM  

I find the obsession with pagan this and pagan that about Christmas amusing. By that logic, isn't the cross itself pagan in origin considering that crucifixion was a Roman thing and not a Hebrew or Jewish thing?

Blogger Out of Nod December 09, 2017 1:29 PM  

Persian - the Romans merely perfected it...

Respectfully

Blogger darkdoc December 09, 2017 1:38 PM  

The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us.

Being a Christian is awesome.

Blogger Zundfolge December 09, 2017 1:39 PM  

"I find the obsession with pagan this and pagan that about Christmas amusing."

I think they think if they can prove that this or that tradition of Christians has a pagan origin that it somehow disproves the entire religion. Much like they seem to think proof of evolution somehow disproves the existence of God.

Which is dumb, its like saying "Before Christianity people ate beef, therefore when Christians eat beef they're engaged in a pagan tradition and thus everything they believe is a lie!"

Its just silly.

Anonymous tublecane December 09, 2017 1:40 PM  

As with most "why does the left hate" questions, the easiest answer is because I like it.

Blogger Admiral James December 09, 2017 1:47 PM  

Great Stuff!
I find it hard to find the truth on the Internet
May the Peace of the Lord be with all of you always

Anonymous BBGKB December 09, 2017 1:56 PM  


The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow both dissed Christmas, but at least the white house will celebrate it now.


OT:Star wars to have gay Poe & Finn
gaynigga & cheap wetback love

http://www.towleroad.com/2017/12/gay-star-wars/

Anonymous Someguy December 09, 2017 2:05 PM  

I'm not aware that the Left uses pagan origins as an attack on Christmas. Why would they care anyway? Is the Left Christian in any meaningful way, that it would matter to them? They hate Christianity because it stands in the way of their agenda, which requires the destruction of Western civilization. Morally, they have no ground to stand on for criticizing anything Western civilization or Christianity has ever done.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan December 09, 2017 2:06 PM  

Laugh at them, it's a trolling attempt at conservatives the easiest targets for a trolling.

Blogger DJ | AMDG December 09, 2017 2:07 PM  

Pagan in my mind implies religious. Prior to The Christians, I’m not sure any religious group saw the executioner’s tool of The Cross as a symbol of faith.

Anonymous CitizenOutkast December 09, 2017 2:10 PM  

Thing is, I know a few Christians who have bought into this, including a pastor, who teaches his congregation that Christmas is pagan and shouldn't be recognized. A friend of mine believes him. And yes, it includes the whole "but the Bible says not to bring wood into your house and decorate it." None seem to realize that talks about idols, not actual trees, but then, they also ignore Paul saying that if one recognizes a day to the Lord, and you don't, so be it. Let each do as they see fit.

So yeah, buffet argument, only using verses that support their desired position, pass by those that don't.

Blogger Timmy3 December 09, 2017 2:11 PM  

And Christians are never as Christian as the Atheists.

Blogger Dave December 09, 2017 2:12 PM  

I see Kratman is over at Dangerous too. It's like the band is getting back together again.

Unfortunately their moderation only allows 1 comment every 7 days.

Blogger lowell houser December 09, 2017 2:12 PM  

Uh, no. The lefty soy boys use the pagan/occult reality of Christmas as a weapon to attack something that normal white people like. They don't hate it because it's pagan, they hate it because the right loves it, which is a shame because by the time of the Revolution America had almost been completely cleansed of that cursed winter solstice festival of evil. The Puritans were the first warriors against Christmas, and there was a time when every Baptist pulpit condemned it. And then a few generations passed, a few generations after the end of British rule, and then Dickens went on a book signing tour across America with that damn book. Every single tradition surrounding Christmas is EVIL, descended from either a sun cult or fertility cult. These are the very traditions the Hebrews were warned against practicing and then condemned when they did anyway. Jeremiah 10 even specifically condemns the Nimrod/Yazidi/YUL trees decked out in silver and gold, but I bet I can find one in your house right now.

You CAN'T make holy something that God himself has condemned. You can't shrink wrap sin in scripture and then somehow conclude that, oh, now all better! You and I are only people, and people don't have that kind of authority.

What I would request is that you do everything in your power to export Krampus and a few of the other less pleasant European traditions to North America. I figure if Americans got a full taste of what this day is really about it will be penciled out of the calendar like last time.

Blogger yoghi.llama December 09, 2017 2:24 PM  

So is Christmas:

(a) superimposed on a pagan winter solstice festival, or
(b) the actual date on which the historical Jesus, whose miraculous life story is in no sense of the words myth or allegory, unlike all the other deities of the time, was born in a manger?

Or both?

Anonymous The Original Arrogant Steelers Fan December 09, 2017 2:36 PM  

"These are the very traditions the Hebrews were warned against practicing and then condemned when they did anyway. Jeremiah 10 even specifically condemns the Nimrod/Yazidi/YUL trees decked out in silver and gold, but I bet I can find one in your house right now."

Christians aren't Hebrews. Should we start stoning people to death who touch pigs as well? Or what about anyone who flips a light switch on and make someone work during whatever day their evil pagan culture declares it to be the Sabbath? Should we kill them too?

Take a chill pill and relax, buddy. Maybe even enjoy some spiked eggnog!

Anonymous Looking Glass December 09, 2017 2:39 PM  

@16 yoghi.llama

The "Pagan" attack on Christmas has never been about logic. It's an Alinsky-type tactic to attack Christians. The Date is simply a chosen one, which is why there is a split between the Western & Eastern churches on the observance date. (And the joys of calendar discussion!)

They seem to have moved away from the https://infogalactic.com/info/Saturnalia argument in recent years because they got mocked for trying to use a solstice festival and claim Christians just took it. Somehow, the Romans are better at keeping track of Dates than modern SJWs.

Blogger Ken Prescott December 09, 2017 2:46 PM  

Leftists are the most humorless bunch of scolds I've ever met.

Yeah, they do this to spoil the fun. Because the one thing they cannot stand is people being happy when their lives are a nonstop s***-show.

Blogger Ken Prescott December 09, 2017 2:47 PM  

"I see Kratman is over at Dangerous too. It's like the band is getting back together again."

We'll get the money together for the orphanage's back taxes!

Anonymous Brick Hardslab December 09, 2017 2:49 PM  

The one comment that has made out through their system is a tone deaf response by an SJW.

It is a parody of the midwit atheist.

Anonymous Patron December 09, 2017 3:04 PM  

Off-topic but of interest: #MyBordersMyChoice - a new campaign /pol/ have just begun:

http://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/152634724

Got various countries already done, plus a template to let you make your own.

Blogger James December 09, 2017 3:06 PM  

The Original Arrogant Steelers Fan wrote: By that logic, isn't the cross itself pagan in origin considering that crucifixion was a Roman thing and not a Hebrew or Jewish thing?
Actually, during a brief interval during the Hellenistic-Hasmonean Period, the "judeans" actually did perform some crucifixions. Not surprising, since the Greeks had used it for centuries. The Mosaic Law didn't outlaw it, only requiring that someone impaled on a stake should not be left overnight but buried the same day as his death.

I think there is much confusion about the crucifixion of Christ. The great majority of people believe that the Romans carried out the crucifixion, citing Roman Law as proof that executions within the empire had to be performed by the Roman state. But, there is evidence that Roman prefects allowed Roman provinces to carry out their own executions, especially in religious matters. Plus, we know that the "jews" performed stoning during Roman occupation.
According to the Bible, Pilate went out of his way to try and pardon Jesus. The "jews" wouldn't allow it and threatened to complain to Caesar. What did Pilate do? Matthew 27:24-25
When Pilate saw that he could not prevail at all, but rather that a tumult was rising, he took water and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, “I am innocent of the blood of this just Person. You see to it.”
And all the people answered and said, “His blood be on us and on our children.”

Now, if I wash my hands of something and tell someone else to do it themselves, why would I then engage in a process that makes me responsible for the deed? And why would the person I told to do it happily accept responsibility for it?
Matthew 27:27 says: “Then the soldiers of the governor [Pilate] took Jesus into the common hall, and gathered unto Him the whole band [of soldiers].”
Then the next verses recount how “they” crucified Him. But, the words “of soldiers” is in italics in the King James Version and other Bible translations. This means that the words were ADDED BY THE TRANSLATORS. The book of Mark’s account is almost identical to Matthew’s, except Mark stops with the words, “the whole band.” The only “band” referred to in all these accounts is the “band” of THE CHIEF PRIESTS AND THE PHARISEES. It is obvious that this "band" is who arrested Christ.
John 18:3: “Judas then, having received a band [of men] and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, cometh there with lanterns and torches and weapons…”

John 18:12: “Then the band and the captain and officers of the Jews took Jesus, and bound him…”

Leaving out the words “of soldiers,” inserted by the translators, it becomes obvious that these accounts say the same thing, i.e. that Jesus Christ was taken from Pilate’s presence by the soldiers, and then turned over to the “band” OF THE CHIEF PRIESTS AND PHARISEES.

John 19:15-16: “But they cried out, Away with [Him], away with [Him], crucify Him! Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar. Then delivered he Him, therefore, unto them to be crucified. And they took Jesus, and led [Him] away.”

Another legitimate source for who killed Christ is the Talmud. What does it say? It asserts that Jesus Christ was put to death by a Jewish court for the crimes of sorcery and sedition. In fact, in the Talmudic account, the Romans played no role in His death.

Ask yourselves these questions:
1. Were there any previous attempts to kill Jesus, and if so, by whom?
2. Had anyone shown hatred enough of the Jesus that it might bring about a desire to kill Him?
3.Had Jesus, prior to his death, named any who might kill Him?
4.Who was last seen with Jesus? Or who might have had Jesus under their physical control?
5. What is the testimony of witnesses to the murder of Jesus?

Blogger Aeoli Pera December 09, 2017 3:15 PM  

Timmy3 wrote:And Christians are never as Christian as the Atheists.

"Ah, perhaps you've forgotten," demured Dr. Fedora, swirling his wine. "Jesus said 'Judge not, lest ye be judged.'"

*The red-haired lady Gaelwynd gasps and swoons into his arms.*

Blogger Amy December 09, 2017 3:22 PM  

My favorite is how we’re being bad Christians if we oppose single moms and refugees. After all, Mary was a single mother (false she was married when Jesus was born and her husband was the earthly father to Jesus, as he was commanded to be by God), and that Jesus and his parents sought refuge in Egypt when his life was in danger...well, that part is true enough, but after the danger passed, THEY HAD TO GO BACK!

Blogger Aeoli Pera December 09, 2017 3:24 PM  

The Original Arrogant Steelers Fan wrote:I find the obsession with pagan this and pagan that about Christmas amusing. By that logic, isn't the cross itself pagan in origin considering that crucifixion was a Roman thing and not a Hebrew or Jewish thing?

First rule of shit tests: don't engage logically. This requires entering the woman's frame, which is an admission of weakness.

Mike Enoch did a great talk explaining how to engage bad-faith rhetoric. The applicability is restricted to white or white-presenting audiences (i.e. guilt cultures), for whom demonstrating hypocrisy is a killshot. With more primitive cultures all you can do is point at their identity to imply that they're arguing in favor of their demographic(s) (e.g. "But you're a Jew," "see how he recoils", etc.).

Blogger pyrrhus December 09, 2017 3:25 PM  

I have become intolerant, I must confess.You don't have to be Christian, or even believe in God, to enjoy Christmas with us at our house. But if you start talking any of that cr*p so well described by Mr. Wright, you will be asked to leave. And I don't care if you are a relative...

Blogger kurt9 December 09, 2017 3:44 PM  

"All of the above" is the correct answer. That's why I make it a point to wish everyone I have conversation with in airports or on flights a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years.

Blogger Elizabeth December 09, 2017 3:46 PM  

Amy wrote:My favorite is how we’re being bad Christians if we oppose single moms and refugees. After all, Mary was a single mother (false she was married when Jesus was born and her husband was the earthly father to Jesus, as he was commanded to be by God), and that Jesus and his parents sought refuge in Egypt when his life was in danger...well, that part is true enough, but after the danger passed, THEY HAD TO GO BACK!

Any number of conservative Christians accept unmarried motherhood and even dependency on welfare as a way of discouraging abortion.

Blogger Nakota Publishing December 09, 2017 3:49 PM  

I've been an atheist all my adult life, but that doesn't prevent me from celebrating Christian holidays like Christmas and Easter. Nor do I have a problem with Linus quoting the Gospel, even if I don't accept it as literally true. It's still a beautiful story. Christianity is part of my cultural heritage and there are many good things in it. Though I disagree with some of Mr. Wright's positions, I respect his beliefs. One type I don't respect, however, is the SJW snowflake who whines and cries about Christmas being oppressive. If they hate Christmas so much they should move to a Muslim country and try to opt out of their holidays and traditions!

Blogger Nakota Publishing December 09, 2017 3:51 PM  

Oh, and one more thing: I applaud Wright for not buying into the hardcore "Christmas is pagan and therefore it's bad" nonsense.

Blogger Chris McCullough December 09, 2017 4:03 PM  

You ever notice atheists react to the trappings of Christ the same way vampires do?

Blogger DonReynolds December 09, 2017 4:09 PM  

In my Father's house, anybody who disliked Christmas (regardless of their politics), would only be told one thing..."You are excused." (That means you may depart from the rest of us and take your grousing elsewhere, while we enjoy the Christmas season.)

Looking back, it was a bit like littering, since they only ended up taking their anti-joy elsewhere, but it was a good way of preserving a bit of Christmas space for those of us who enjoyed this special time of the year.

Where they went was not as important as the fact that they left the rest of us alone to enjoy the season. If on reflection, they had a different attitude, they can always come back in a better mood. Some people are moody, after all.

Those with an axe to grind or some ideological itch that compels them to try to spoil Christmas, they can just stay gone. WE do not need their company, even when it is not Christmas.

Blogger Jesse Jackson December 09, 2017 4:19 PM  

I wasn't raised to be religious and was a strong atheist at one point, but even then I was never offended about anything to do with Christmas and didn't understand the killjoy' s Mach indignation about it. Today I'm not an atheist, still don't get the problem with celebrating the holiday. One thing I do hate is a newly arrived Muslim shit talking Christmas or American traditions in general, I've become extremely intolerant of these types. I'll proudly wear the title of xenophobic, bigoted racist. Don't care anymore....Merry Christmas!

Blogger Technomad December 09, 2017 4:19 PM  

Personally, I don't mind Christmas itself, despite being an atheist. However, by the time the Big Day rolls around, I'm sick of it. "A day of Christmas is beautiful and magical. A week of Christmas is very nice. A month of Christmas is pushing it, and when I start seeing decorations going up before Halloween, I figure enough is enough!" I could also do with a lot less emphasis on bloody Santa Claus. When my mother ran a nursery school, she said that the kids got so greedy (between TV ads for toys and believing that Santa Claus was real and would bring them everything they wanted) that she had to ban discussions of "what do you want for Christmas?" There have been times that I have thought longingly of an alternate world where Clement Clarke Moore never wrote his poem.

Blogger JaimeInTexas December 09, 2017 4:27 PM  

VD, I do not remember asking you this before. In Puerto Rico, Latin America in general and Spain, we have the Christmas tradition of the University Tunas. I think that Tunas are of Italian origin. Do you listen or like their music?

Blogger Matamoros December 09, 2017 4:30 PM  

Remember the North East was founded by Puritans, from whence the Yankees, SJWs, etc.

Someone said that Puritanism is the war against all because someone somewhere might be happy.

Anonymous Takin' A Look December 09, 2017 4:49 PM  

-OT

Read the twitter feed of Sarah Ruth Ashcraft

https://mobile.twitter.com/SaRaAshcraft

Anonymous KrampusClaus December 09, 2017 4:49 PM  

A relative of mine recently copied and pasted a meme about the "War on Christmas," and how Christmas used to be a pagan holiday, blah blah etc.
I pointed out to her that no, the meme had it backwards: the way it put things, it was actually a war on Yule and the Day of Sol Invictus! (My lovely wife also pointed this out to her.)
My relative cried foul, and retreated behind the position that "memes don't have to make sense!"
I decided, nicely, to not point out the illogic behind her statement (if it doesn't make sense, why are you posting and agreeing with it?)
Everything discussed above fits EXACTLY with the reasons why she posts things like this -- she used to be a practicing Christian but decided that it wasn't for her, and now she vehemently anti-believes (rather than merely dis-believing).
I have an acquaintance from high school (VERY liberal, law degree, gay with a husband, works for SJW causes, etc.) who also posted a similar meme -- same reasons apply to this fellow also.

To those who wonder about the history of Christmas, I always refer them to two sources:
Stations of the Sun, by Ronald Hutton. The book is a history of the British calendrical celebrations. Hutton is a historian who (even though a sympathizer with modern paganism) rigorously refers to documented sources. He devotes the 1st few chapters of his book to the Christmas holidays (plural intentional, to include 12th night, New years, and so on) and their origins.
I also recommend the following article:
Sol Invictus, the Winter Solstice, and the Origins of Christmas; by Steven Hijmans;
available online here: .
In brief summary of his conclusion: Christians didn't "steal" the holiday, nor did they really appropriate the date.

Anonymous KrampusClaus December 09, 2017 4:52 PM  

Hmm... my post ate my URL in #39--
Here is the missing link to the article:
https://muse.jhu.edu/article/591296/pdf

Anonymous Takin' A Look December 09, 2017 4:58 PM  

Looking around on that, came across this blog on the Oakland county child killer and North Fox island.

https://catherinebroad.blog/

Blogger ((( bob kek mando ))) - ( Real Men correct Nate ... 's ... speeling ◕‿◕ ... ◔ ⌣ ◔ ... ◕‿↼ Passive Aggressively ) December 09, 2017 4:58 PM  

"polygamy" is not Pagan.

Blogger William Meisheid December 09, 2017 5:05 PM  

lowell houser wrote:Jeremiah 10 even specifically condemns the Nimrod/Yazidi/YUL trees decked out in silver and gold, but I bet I can find one in your house right now.
That is completely disingenuous (giving you the benefit of the doubt) for several reason: 1. Your insertion of Nimrod/Yazidi/YUL is nowhere in the text or even alluded to and therefor is your not so subtle expansion to meet your private agenda and 2. This passage is clearly against the creation of idols which were crafted and worshiped, not festive decorations that are just enjoyed for their beauty.

If you are going to use the Bible, try not twisting it to meet your agenda, or just shut up.

Anonymous Jeff December 09, 2017 5:19 PM  

This post is very timely as I've just been reading "The Pagan Christ" by Tom Harpur.

From the book:

"Long before the advent of Jesus Christ, the Egyptians and other peoples believed in the coming of a messiah, a madonna and her child, a virgin birth, and the incarnation of the spirit in flesh...What began as a universal belief system based on myth and allegory became instead a ritualistic institution headed by ultraconservative literalists...Only with a return to an inclusive religion where Christ lives within each of us will we gain a true understanding of who we are and who we are intended to become.

The true, spiritual Christianity, before official Christendom took over, solves enigmas of Scripture and the Christian story as nothing else does. Bible stories come alive with amazing new freshness and power...

Seen in this new light, the rituals of Easter and Christmas, along with other Christian symbols such as the cross and the Eucharist, glow with renewed significance and depth."




Anonymous Stickwick December 09, 2017 5:29 PM  

The pagan forebears of the Christians were themselves the very people who converted and became Christian. Their culture also was baptized. Words, dress, architecture, calendar, was unchanged. The names of months, weekdays, planets, constellations, were kept.

Everything they kept was a pagan survival into Christianity. It all became Christian.


Well said.

I hear this stuff about Christmas trees being pagan from Christians, too. Even if that were the case, I would look at a Christmas tree and see CONQUEST and APPROPRIATION. It's ours now, bitches, claimed in the name of our Lord.

Anonymous Xpop December 09, 2017 5:36 PM  

Weird how Wright never identifies a certain enthno-religious group with a track-record of banning Christmas and any hint of Christianity from the public square.

Happy (((Holidays))) lol

Blogger Nathan December 09, 2017 5:39 PM  

Subtitle: Why everyone hates Catholics

Anonymous Mike A. December 09, 2017 5:47 PM  

The Anti-Defamation League says America has a big problem at Christmas-time - a "dilemma". Christianity is given much more prominence than other faiths. Jews, some African-Americans, who celebrate Kwanzaa, and other religious minorities feel left out, as if their holiday observances are unequal to those of Christianity.

ADL is launching a massive "December Dilemma" campaign, educating public schools, government institutions, and town officials nation wide that such "bias" in favor of Christianity is not only unconstitutional but a grievous civil rights violation.

In its December Holiday Guidelines for Public Schools, ADL, with incredible audacity, advocates that the Menorah, quintessential symbol of Judaism, replace Christian symbols in holiday displays in public schools. ADL recommends: "For instance, on a board filled during the winter months with images of snowflakes, candles, and evergreen trees, it might be appropriate to add images of Santa Clause and even a Chanukah Menorah, because the overall message is clearly a celebration of the season ­ not the promotion of a religious point of view. However, a nativity scene, crucifix, or other undeniably religious symbols are not appropriate for a public school display. . ."

Anonymous Avalanche December 09, 2017 5:52 PM  

@28 " make it a point to wish everyone I have conversation with in airports or on flights a Merry Christmas"

I've been getting VERY warm and happy responses to my "Merry Christmases" -- at stores, the VA Center, a restaurant... Push it forward! HELP people feel more Christian!

Anonymous Jeff December 09, 2017 6:00 PM  

The giant Christmas sign behind Trump at the rally last night was incredible!

Anonymous Takin' A Look December 09, 2017 6:28 PM  

@Xpop

He married into the Miles Mathis peerage bloodlines of the (((Tribe))).

(sad smile, shrugged shoulders here)

Blogger Lazarus December 09, 2017 6:28 PM  

EVEN though Christmas day is not the real anniversary of our Lord's birth, but more properly the annunciation day or the date of his human begetting (Luke 1:28), nevertheless, since the celebration of our Lord's birth is not a matter of divine appointment or injunction, but merely a tribute of respect to him, it is not necessary for us to quibble particularly about the date. We may as well join with the civilized world in celebrating the grand event on the day which the majority celebrate --"Christmas day."

That seems like a good attitude to take for those who want to quibble about such things. The Annunciation was no small thing, Alice. Luke dwells on it at length in his first chapter.

And, as Mark says: 1 The beginning of the good news about Jesus the Messiah,[a] the Son of God,[b] 2 as it is written in Isaiah the prophet:

“I will send my messenger ahead of you,
who will prepare your way”[Mal 3:1]—
3
“a voice of one calling in the wilderness,
‘Prepare the way for the Lord,
make straight paths for him.’”[Isaiah 40:3]

Blogger Lazarus December 09, 2017 6:29 PM  

Mike A. wrote:ADL is launching a massive "December Dilemma" campaign, educating public schools, government institutions, and town officials nation wide that such "bias" in favor of Christianity is not only unconstitutional but a grievous civil rights violation.

The ADL needs to be designated a domestic terrorist organization.

Anonymous John B. Wrong December 09, 2017 6:52 PM  

“He married into the Miles Mathis peerage bloodlines of the (((Tribe))).”

Oy vey. Explains it perfectly. Every. Single. Time.

Blogger DonReynolds December 09, 2017 7:35 PM  

@48 Mike A.
"ADL is launching a massive "December Dilemma" campaign, educating public schools, government institutions, and town officials nation wide that such "bias" in favor of Christianity is not only unconstitutional but a grievous civil rights violation."

Baloney. The celebration of Christmas is neither unconstitutional nor is it a civil rights violation.

Americans are guaranteed freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion. No one is required to celebrate ANY holiday, religious or otherwise, nor are they prevented from celebrating any holiday, religious or otherwise.

I would never demand that other holidays be stopped for the same reason I would not allow anyone to stop my own. This is a FREE country as long as I live. When I am gone, they can do as they please. I hope this will remain a FREE country. (That does not mean...."FREE for the taking".)

Blogger SciVo December 09, 2017 8:00 PM  

Someguy wrote:I'm not aware that the Left uses pagan origins as an attack on Christmas. Why would they care anyway? Is the Left Christian in any meaningful way, that it would matter to them?

It is a staple of college atheist pseudo-intellectual douchebaggery, so consider yourself lucky to have passed it by. To demoralize the faithful. No.

Blogger Lazarus December 09, 2017 8:40 PM  

Jeff wrote:The giant Christmas sign behind Trump at the rally last night was incredible!

The whole thing was incredible. What other sitting POTUS ever got this level of public attention?

Blogger Cecil Henry December 09, 2017 9:25 PM  

Nice try. Another distraction.

They hate Christmas because they hate Christ and his followers.

It has ever been this way, and so its ever necessary to disguise the motives.

Merry Christmas to all.

Anonymous Kat December 09, 2017 9:29 PM  

/drags another box of lights out of the attic and scatters them around the yard

Take that, you soul-benumbed heathens!

Blogger James Parliament December 09, 2017 9:39 PM  

This will be repeated. Thank you for the ammo.

Anonymous JAG December 09, 2017 10:07 PM  

Zundfolge wrote:
I think they think if they can prove that this or that tradition of Christians has a pagan origin that it somehow disproves the entire religion. Much like they seem to think proof of evolution somehow disproves the existence of God.


Yep. It is ridiculous to claim the Evolution disproves God. It is just as ridiculous to claim Multiverse Theory also disproves God. Neither do so in the slightest degree. It is logically absurd to even suggest it.

What is the origin of the process of Evolution?

What is the origin of the Multiverse?

You can't get away from the ultimate conclusion: God is the only answer that does not involve unworkable paradox.

Anonymous JAG December 09, 2017 10:26 PM  

lowell houser wrote:Uh, no. The lefty soy boys use the pagan/occult reality of Christmas as a weapon to attack something that normal white people like. They don't hate it because it's pagan, they hate it because the right loves it, which is a shame because by the time of the Revolution America had almost been completely cleansed of that cursed winter solstice festival of evil. The Puritans were the first warriors against Christmas, and there was a time when every Baptist pulpit condemned it. And then a few generations passed, a few generations after the end of British rule, and then Dickens went on a book signing tour across America with that damn book. Every single tradition surrounding Christmas is EVIL, descended from either a sun cult or fertility cult. These are the very traditions the Hebrews were warned against practicing and then condemned when they did anyway. Jeremiah 10 even specifically condemns the Nimrod/Yazidi/YUL trees decked out in silver and gold, but I bet I can find one in your house right now.

You CAN'T make holy something that God himself has condemned. You can't shrink wrap sin in scripture and then somehow conclude that, oh, now all better! You and I are only people, and people don't have that kind of authority.

What I would request is that you do everything in your power to export Krampus and a few of the other less pleasant European traditions to North America. I figure if Americans got a full taste of what this day is really about it will be penciled out of the calendar like last time.


Not sure why you referenced the Yezidi. Batzmi would be a roughly equivalent to Christmas on the Calendar, but the festival is nothing like Christmas, and I can't find any Yezidi traditions of tree worship.

The Yezidi ultimately worship a hidden supreme God. The main character in their religion is Melek Taus, the Peacock Angel.

It is a strange religion to be sure. It appears to be an amalgam of ancient Semitic concepts with Sumerian lore. The seal of the Yezidi contains cuneiform writing on it with the Dingir symbol the most prominent. This symbol used to be for An, the sky god, and later became the symbol for the sky, heaven, and the concept of divinity in general.

Other symbols in the cuneiform text seem to refer to the birth of the cosmos, but I only know a few of the cuneiform symbols, and their meanings. I have a lot of studying to do before I can translate it.

Yezidi that celebrate Christmas in the USA are doing so to be polite.

Anonymous TrudyToday December 09, 2017 10:58 PM  

If the alt right didn't have a brush large enough to paint every member of a community the same color, they'd have no red herrings to eat—their favorite food.

Blogger Lazarus December 09, 2017 11:01 PM  

TrudyToday wrote:If the alt right didn't have a brush large enough to paint every member of a community the same color, they'd have no red herrings to eat—their favorite food.

Back atcha.

Blogger Shamgar December 09, 2017 11:08 PM  

The Latin: "Et Verbum caro factum est, et habitavit in nobis."

Anonymous TrudyToday December 09, 2017 11:18 PM  

I hate niggers

Blogger tz December 09, 2017 11:24 PM  

Santa came early.
bringing an unusual form of joy that every Trump supporter is overdosing upon
Now Christmas is a joyous time of year, but I think in this case the gift of Schadenfreude tops them all.

Blogger tz December 09, 2017 11:26 PM  

I don't think I will do a Christmas tree this year, but I can't seem to find a large sized creche with all the characters to turn my small yard into a big display.

Anonymous Haxo Angmaerk December 09, 2017 11:55 PM  

Wright is a stupid goy sheep.

the "Left" hates CHRISTmas because the ethnic core of the "Left" is organized Jewry.

and Jews hate CHRIST because he was a Jew who called out the crimes and corruptions of his fellow Jews. This is why

the (((Left))) hates Christmas. It celebrates an anti-Jewish Jew.

Anonymous Reader December 10, 2017 12:39 AM  

Sorry for these seeming lecture, but I just thought I need to respond.

I can see a seeming condescension in Mr Wright's comments with regards to the narrative of Krishna's descent in the material world.-- not born of a virgin, not on a long donkey ride.

I am a Krishna devotee. To me, the Lord God, can appear in anyway he wants to, after all he is the supreme controller and the source of all causes.

Not that Krishna is a seducer, of course he can if he wants to, but the import of the Krisha theology is more to do with us being seduced by his personality, because He is the all attractive God having all the attributes and qualities we can ever know and imagine.

Don't we get attracted to someone who is good looking, intelligent, wealthy and kindhearted?

The Krishna theology is not only about philosophy, because God can not be fully approached by analytical study. I think our longing for a relationship with Him is a proof for God. We can call that faith. In our tradition we want to love Krishna unconditionally without expecting anything in return. It's a very high goal, indeed. Based on my personal realization, I'd say that is where our tradition differs from Christianity which is loving God because he died for our sins, for our salvation. The central tenet of our tradition is from our most important prayer: I know no one but Krishna as my Lord, and He shall remain so even if He handles me roughly by His embrace or makes me brokenhearted by not being present before me. He is completely free to do anything and everything, for He is always my worshipful Lord unconditionally.

I have been a Catholic, (graduated in a catholic High School) a protestant Christian, got involved in the Ananda Marga, flirted with TM, Buddhism, in short, I'm a bit of a spiritual seeker. Being familiar with the Christian teachings, I can appreciate Jesus Christ's position. In our tradition we consider him Sakthiavesha avatar, personally empowered by God (his father, for me, is Krishna) to do a specific task. His surname is Christ , right? :-)

Our tradition's foremost shastra or scripture is the Srimad Bhagavatam (The holy Book of God), I believe if people will read it with an open heart people will find himself spiritually enriched by a study of the text. It's a brilliant book on theism.

Blogger FrankNorman December 10, 2017 1:02 AM  

Wright left out one:

A Leftist is an attention-seeking drama queen

Blogger The Overgrown Hobbit December 10, 2017 1:13 AM  

Gaude!

Blogger Danby December 10, 2017 1:37 AM  

@Reader
No one was talking about you.

Blogger Robert Pinkerton December 10, 2017 2:24 AM  

@35, Technomad: Try on the idea of Santa Claus as Deity of a Cargo Cult.

Blogger Vanesa Rose December 10, 2017 4:29 AM  

Agree with FrankNorman

Anonymous Bishop December 10, 2017 5:43 AM  

I think God redeems individuals, and through those individuals redeems the culture shared by those people. This angle is a way of understanding why the left hates Christmas.

When Christianity is embraced by a group of people they weave Christianity and its gospel (which is the proclamation that Jesus is Lord) into their culture. Things that are completely counter to God's law (human sacrifice etc.) must be abolished and replaced with Godly practices, but other parts of the culture which are not contrary to God's law can be re-purposed, which is a gradual process over hundreds of years. This has the effect of redeeming their culture rather than replacing it, which is why there will always be a vestige of pre-Christian traditions. The main thing is that the cultural practices point the group of people and their descendants towards what God has done for them.

So, I think the left hates Christmas because it is the result of a redeemed European culture which now represents a celebration of Christ's birth. In their eyes it is a reminder of this redemption and so needs to be first corrupted, then destroyed, then replaced with something satanic.

Blogger Koanic December 10, 2017 6:35 AM  

I hope the Left does ban Christmas. They're already killing more babies than Herod; why not make Christians flee the country to celebrate the Lord's birth as well?

Maybe then Americans will stop thinking of themselves as the good guys who are Just Following Orders.

Blogger Duke Norfolk December 10, 2017 7:18 AM  

Technomad wrote:However, by the time the Big Day rolls around, I'm sick of it.

Yeah, I admit to this too. If it was just the decorations and such from Thanksgiving on I would be OK with it. But the crass commercialism and culminating in the outright orgy of toys/presents makes me ill.

So many kids these days are just drowning in presents (on bdays too) that they have no appreciation for any of it. Tons of plastic crap destined for the attic and the dump before long.

Could we just find some way to dial it back (a lot)? Of course people like me have been saying this for decades now and it's only gotten worse. I watch my grandnephews/nieces get barraged with crap and I cringe. Just a symptom of our times, I know. This will be taken care of when the spigot of fiat money is finally capped.

Blogger LP9 December 10, 2017 8:06 AM  

Sure, its designed or certain people pull this nonsense to be killjoys, wonderful observation; "First, the War on Christmas is waged to be obnoxious.

It is rude, but this is not why Uncle Screwtape encourages his useful idiots to be idiots about it. Rudeness is merely a means to an end."

I adore Wrights work, wonderful message - thank you! Its like an early Christmas message, prayers, my gratitude and blessings to all so many here have gone above and beyond to help me, this post is very educational and affirming that I am not alone, God bless all.

Sadly or something to expect is the rudeness of the non Christmas people, I was waiting for a girl I was associates with to turn on me like she turned on 2 of our mutual best friends, "I thought I am next, I will bet 2 weeks and its over," she did and I am freed from her, I just sorta knew for the Thanksgiving into December this would happen and it did. Cool. No hard feelings just how things go with some people whom like HRC, whom befriends me knowing I'm anti HRC (no return to the 90's), its comical to watch (ok, sad but funny) when just for the holy season throw a fit, blame you for nonsense that didn't happen then pull the silent treatment, what a Christmas blessing. She was crying on the phone which I regret having (a phone) about how offended she is over Christmas and my mere Christmas music playlist (talk about overly needlessly sensitive and fake feelz - one goes through life a serious empath they wont be able to cope in life, let feelz go embrace cold logic/non emotional objectivity, its literally normal) and everything went downhill.

Great, one less loon in my life and I am not gaslighting, the poor woman is on all these meds so it was going to go down in flames anyhow.

Blogger endwatcher December 10, 2017 8:25 AM  

Sounds like you want us to submit to your authority rather than the Word. He was to hang on the tree, thus crucified. It is REALLY simple. Follow the Word

Anonymous Jack Amok December 10, 2017 10:30 AM  

Lowell houser, go hunch over your ember of coal and try to keep your heart from getting any colder.

Blogger Tuatha December 10, 2017 5:08 PM  

@79

Have fun knowing that your existence is gone when you're dead meat with the maggots.
#There is no god.

Blogger Koanic December 10, 2017 6:06 PM  

It's pretty funny when atheists threaten Christians with eternal nonexistence versus burning in Hell forever.

I nonexisted just fine before I was born. How long can you lick the stove?

Anonymous PapaLazarou December 10, 2017 7:36 PM  

I'm not a religious person, but my family is Catholic.
This week my 6yr old daughter told me : "I really love Hannukah!"
I'm like... "Ok... I don't know much about Hannukah"
She tells me: "Oh, I know everything about Hannukah!"
"Where did you learn about Hannukah?"
"At school"
"Ok, did you learn about Christmas too?"
"No"

WTF is happening to our schools? So now, I'm going full Christian on her, explaining the Bible stories, making a nativity scene under our christmas tree, baby Jesus, all the stuff, lol.

Funny how you start caring when you feel your culture is under attack.

Blogger Tuatha December 10, 2017 10:10 PM  

@83

How about you send me your address and you can find out when I bash all the tiny, midget teeth out of your bitchmouth and cut your babydick in half while you scream for mercy? [as if you would ever get any]

Anonymous Yom Kippur War December 10, 2017 11:29 PM  

The war on Christmas is waged by Jews against Christians. Growing up in the 1970s and 1980s, it was all about the Jews. What if they feel left out? Wouldn't that be sad? We can't say Merry Christmas, because Jews might feel left out. We have to say Happy Holidays. They weren't killjoys or anti-holiday. They were just Jewish supremacists. And to little kids, it was a compelling message. Feeling left out is so terrible that the majority religion should be destroyed. Makes sense. We didn't realize how much they hated us, we thought they just didn't want to feel left out.

Anyway, having lived through the first few decades of the war on Christmas, you can't B.S. me that it's about political correctness or paganism or Kwanzaa or spoiling fun. The war on Christmas was organized and funded by Jews. Because reasons. And it was incredibly successful. Most Christians are afraid to say Merry Christmas. They say and write Happy Holidays.

Blogger Danby December 11, 2017 1:09 AM  

Wasn't Tuatha banned?
If not, he needs it now.

Blogger Koanic December 11, 2017 2:36 AM  

I welcome martyrdom, Tuatha, or else to introduce you to Jesus with my knives. While it is certainly credible that atheists wish to murder Christians for witnessing the truth, it is also trite that idiots resort to internet bluster when their wit fails them. Thus I'm not convinced you sincerely intend me bodily harm. But I'll make it sporting. You have my face on Gab, and Shenzhen is not that big. Good hunting.

Anonymous Yom Kippur War December 11, 2017 7:13 AM  

Right-wing Jews don't like Christmas either. It's Happy Holidays, goy, and don't you forget it

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts