ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Saturday, January 20, 2018

How to be in charge

Without actually being in charge. Google's Sundar Pichai demonstrates what it means for a CEO to serve at the will and pleasure of the SJWs nominally under his authority:
Google CEO Sundar Pichai responded today to the firing of employee James Damore over his controversial memo on workplace diversity, stating that while he does not regret the decision, he regrets that people misunderstood it as a politically motivated event. Speaking in a live conversation with journalist and Recode co-founder Kara Swisher, MSNBC host Ari Melber, and YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki in San Francisco, Pichai said that the decision to fire Damore was about ensuring women at Google felt like the company was committed to creating a welcoming environment.

“I regret that people misunderstand that we may have made this for a political belief one way or another,” Pichai said. “It’s important for the women at Google, and all the people at Google, that we want to make an inclusive environment.” When pressed by Swisher on the issue of regret, Pichai stated more definitively, “I don’t regret it.” Wojcicki, who has spoken publicly about how Damore’s memo affected her personally, followed up with, “I think it was the right decision.”
It's not political, it's just about women's feelings. Apparently this walking, talking corporate debacle has never heard of either a) feminism or b) the feminist mantra "the personal is the political".

I had an interesting conversation with Nitasha Tiku, a senior writer at Wired, last night. She's working on a story about how the poor, powerless executives and managers at Google feel frightened, intimidated, and harassed because James Damore, Charles Johnson, and others have exposed how they harass, intimidate, and blacklist their coworkers, how they hate everyone who voted for Donald Trump, and how they can get away with openly threatening their colleagues with violence and unemployment without suffering any consequences for their behavior.

Poor, poor Googlers. Why can't they harass their victims with impunity in secret?

As I pointed out to Ms Tiku, I and a number of other outsiders have known about what has been taking place behind the scenes at Google for years. I even wrote about it after the election, nine months before the Damore memo was leaked to the public by SJWs.

Internal pressure is pushing for the expansion of hate speech to include everything and everyone that fails to submit to the SJW narrative, for more intense action against so-called "fake news", and even broader definitions of "fake news". So far, they are only cracking down on genuinely fake news, but there is some belief that this is the proverbial dipping the toe in the water, to see what they can do without provoking a backlash.

The victory of the God-Emperor Ascendant was a massive blow to the SJWs inside Google, and like most SJWs, they have completely lost the plot post-election. They were openly calling other Googlers racists, sexists, and homophobes just for voting for Trump. Those are firing offenses at Google. Google has insane civility requirements imposed on anyone talking to a member of a protected group, but apparently calling for all Republicans to be fired is perfectly acceptable.

Everyone ignored this. Then James Damore and I provided incontrovertible proof that Googlers were, in fact, behaving every bit as badly as I had said they were. So now, having been accused, exposed, and caught red-handed, they're trying to spin documented proof of their own misbehavior as some sort of harassment, and they are attempting to enlist the media as their ad hoc defense attorneys in order to change the subject.

Labels: , ,

81 Comments:

Blogger Gordon Scott January 20, 2018 8:14 AM  

Millenials didn't invent this, but they embrace it wholeheartedly, because they've never known anything else. It should be interesting to see how Wired spins your interview.

Blogger VD January 20, 2018 8:19 AM  

I expect it will be "Vox Day denied any attempt to target Googlers for harassment, BUT X, Y, and Z were called names blah blah blah".

Doesn't matter. The point is that Googlers ARE doing exactly what I said they were doing. And the media is reporting on it. That's why I was willing to talk to her. It doesn't matter how they spin it, the fact that they have to spin it at all is an advance.

Anonymous Steve January 20, 2018 8:20 AM  

Google's Sundar Pichai

Is on a sticky wicket.

He has brown people victim points, but that won't distract the SJW's from his heterosexual male 1%'er Brahmin privilege forever.

Particularly since his fellow, albeit lesser, bindi H-1b's are notorious for their treatment of women so there's probably plenty of drama to come from Google.

Blogger Johnny January 20, 2018 8:26 AM  

One way of thinking about this stuff is that it is a class movement with the expectation of preferential treatment based on membership as indicated by going along with the BS. On that level it has to be arbitrary or their would be no way of identifying who they are. You can't base doctrine on the sun rising in the east because most anybody is apt to believe that. Plus it should be offensive to ordinary sensibilities, because otherwise the doctrine might be widely adopted, eliminating the SJW's as a uniquely virtuous class.

The whole thing reminds me a lot of some of the dark places Christianity went in the the Middle Ages. Go along with the doctrine intensely enough and you get to do whatever the hell you want, including hammering anybody who does not pretend agree.

Anonymous Causal Lurker January 20, 2018 8:40 AM  

I'll combine two threads, thanks be to bindi. The amount of spinning is incredible, but everyone will laugh at the resulting poop turtleneck. Vox and company showed the source for the brown "silk."

I'm borrowing the meme, to replace five minutes of discussion with five seconds of horrific realization. She's a virtual twin for about half a dozen of the passive aggressors I work around, except the one with Red Hair #2. You just smile and wave, then keep them away from anything critical by use of Important but Un-Fulfilling Studies.

Anonymous Macca January 20, 2018 8:49 AM  

@1 Funny, I must have missed all the millenials suddenly running Google and bigtech.

Blogger Gordon Scott January 20, 2018 8:50 AM  

"It doesn't matter how they spin it, the fact that they have to spin it at all is an advance."

Sure, you say that now, but then they leak the dossier that reports sources inside Japanese intelligence have documentation that Vox had the gals from Babymetal pee on a bed in a suite once occupied by John Scalzi.

Blogger JACIII January 20, 2018 8:50 AM  

Upon reading the article, first impression is these people talk like someone from another culture speaking through a translator. Oh, wait...

Blogger Gordon Scott January 20, 2018 8:52 AM  

Macca, did I write that they were running things? No. The millenials latch on to the insane SJW narratives, because they're special and stuff.

Blogger Cataline Sergius January 20, 2018 8:56 AM  

The amazing thing to me is the river of money still pouring into Google for nothing more than rarefied domain squatting.

Really, that is all that Adsense is that this point.

Blogger JACIII January 20, 2018 9:02 AM  

Gordon Scott wrote:Macca, did I write that they were running things? No. The millenials latch on to the insane SJW narratives, because they're special and stuff.

It's simply their way of life. Some will decide they can more assiduously follow the SJW rules than the next guy and thereby get ahead. Others are going to openly rebel, and a third group will grumble and chafe and wait for and opportunity to safely aid the rebels.
The millennial historical perspective is about as broad and that from a culture without written language. There is only now. And now is forever.

Blogger Doug Cranmer January 20, 2018 9:08 AM  

I'm curious if anyone has seen other types of entryism used in their industry.

I've read both Vox's SJWA* books and what strikes me is how similar techniques were used by Chinese engineers to infiltrate and in the end take down two Canadian telecom companies I worked at.

In hindsight it's obvious it was a well orchestrated long march straight into Western telecom tech by us Canadians stupidly leaving the back door wide open (diversity is our strength, you know).

But the similarities between the Chinese penetration then and SJW's today are unmistakable.

Blogger Ron Winkleheimer January 20, 2018 9:10 AM  

A big part of the justification for creating protected classes was that they were being discriminated against by the people in power and needed special protections because of that. So naturally there is going to be a huge negative reaction to people who point out that it is the protected classes that now hold the power and they are using it to discriminate against other groups. The justification for giving woman and ethnic minorities special privileges no longer exists.

When I was in the army and we did road marches invariably guys would end up carrying their own ruck sack on their back and also help carry a woman's ruck by having two guys hold it by the straps. If we were setting any kind of pace at all the women would eventually have to be picked up by a jeep or two-ton, which followed the march to pick up injured people and carry water. And I was in a combat support role. You weren't allowed to mention that woman weren't suited for the military even then, over two decades ago, if you wanted to advance. And now it is only worse.

I mention this because its demonstrative of the fact that a lot of what woman are doing is actually LARPing. I've heard that actual fire fighters refer to the women in their ranks, privately, as fire watchers. They are incapable of grabbing an ax, putting on heavy equipment, charging up stairs and carrying a injured person to safety. Men working in chemical plants see who gets the dangerous uncomfortable jobs and who gets to sit in the air conditioned control room. This sort of thing is going on all over and it is unsustainable.

Anonymous Godfrey January 20, 2018 9:30 AM  

Anyone remember the "Red Guard" in China during Mao's "Cultural Revolution"? That's what we're dealing with here. These people are wind-up toys. We aren't dealing with deep intellects. We're dealing with shallow minded mentally underdeveloped psychologically disturbed children.

Anonymous Tars Tarkas January 20, 2018 9:33 AM  

"I had an interesting conversation with Nitasha Tiku, a senior writer at Wired, last night. "

What happened to rule number 1? Was there a special reason you were speaking with the media?

Blogger Mr.MantraMan January 20, 2018 9:36 AM  

It would greatly entertain me to hear of Googler Fems versus Googler H1-Bmens. Can Bindi clannish culture overcome 3rd wave fem/SJW culture?

Blogger James Dixon January 20, 2018 9:38 AM  

> Funny, I must have missed all the millenials suddenly running Google and bigtech.

It's been well known for years that Google is hostile to hiring anyone over 30.

> The justification for giving woman and ethnic minorities special privileges no longer exists.

Not only does the justification no longer exist, they're the ones now demanding segregation.

Blogger James Dixon January 20, 2018 9:41 AM  

> What happened to rule number 1?

Read comment #2. When you know the rules well enough, you can safely determine when to break them.

Blogger maniacprovost January 20, 2018 9:42 AM  

@1
I think what older generations don't understand about millennials is that they internalized the cynicism that was espoused by Gen X, in a way that Gen X internalized the baseless utopianism of boomers.

Millennials don't really believe anything; that's why they can go so far promoting ideologies that don't make any sense.

I believe this also means that they are more prone to backing the strong horse.

Blogger VD January 20, 2018 9:44 AM  

What happened to rule number 1? Was there a special reason you were speaking with the media?

For the Nth time, Rule #1 doesn't apply in every possible circumstance to all parties.

Yes, obviously there is a reason or I would have simply ignored it. First, my name is a part of it anyhow due to the Google ban. Second, the reporter recognized that Damore and other people at Google are using the advice given in SJWAL. Third, the story is not a hit piece directed at me; I am merely one small piece of a much larger story.

That doesn't mean she won't quote-mine, invent a nonexistent quote, or pull some other shenanigan. But I see it as being in our interest for the story to be run, no matter what the general spin or the particular spin on me happens to be.

Blogger Michael Maier January 20, 2018 9:46 AM  

I really hate these bastards.

Anonymous Wooly January 20, 2018 9:47 AM  

@15 Tars Tarkas

Vox addressed that question in comment #2.

Bad publicity is still publicity.

Notice how Trump made the media say "shithole" more than 100 times on live TV in one day, referring to countries? Millions more people are thinking about the fact that there are actually shitholes whose cultures are incompatible with our nation's culture.

I believe Vox is above reproach, as the Word tells us to be. As is Trump.

However Wired Magazine's authors and editors spin this, millions of people will be talking about Google's systemic bigotry. And if they call him names, I'm sure he and his various endeavors will suffer. And, by suffer I mean gain more visibility and dollars in sales.

Anonymous Wooly January 20, 2018 9:58 AM  

They might call him something really bad, like "Supreme Dark Lord of the Evil Legion of Evil" or something.

I don't know if Vox can take that sort of abuse.

Blogger James Dixon January 20, 2018 10:01 AM  

> Google's Sundar Pichai demonstrates what it means for a CEO to serve at the will and pleasure of the SJWs nominally under his authority

And simply because, being in IT, it never gets old: What you mean? Sundar hindu nuthin'. He a good boy. He go to college an ever'thing.

Blogger Ron Winkleheimer January 20, 2018 10:01 AM  

Not only does the justification no longer exist, they're the ones now demanding segregation.

Its fascinating seeing this unfold. Its almost as if people naturally want to be with people similar to them in appearance, background, history, etc. Naaahhhh, that can't be. DIVERSITY!

Blogger Quilp January 20, 2018 10:17 AM  

"So now, having been exposed and caught red-handed, they're trying to spin documented proof of their own misbehavior as some sort of harassment, and they are attempting to enlist the media as their ad hoc defense attorneys in order to change the subject."

Sounds like just another way of virtue signaling to all the right people.

Anonymous Lara Mycroft January 20, 2018 10:25 AM  

"We're dealing with shallow minded mentally underdeveloped psychologically disturbed children."

"The millenials latch on to the insane SJW narratives, because they're special and stuff."


Yes and yes.

Every generation since the 1920's has blamed "the older generation" for all of society's ills. The Boomers did it in the 70's and 80's, and now they themselves are the target. (Gen-X'ers will be the next to be eviscerated, after the Boomers die out.)

"Just wait until WE'RE in charge!" crow the younger generations, who always believe they are oh-so-much smarter.

SJW-fueled Millenials in charge? Suddenly Boomers aren't looking half-bad ...

Blogger JACIII January 20, 2018 10:41 AM  

Lara Mycroft wrote:"We're dealing with shallow minded mentally underdeveloped psychologically disturbed children."

"The millenials latch on to the insane SJW narratives, because they're special and stuff."



SJW-fueled Millenials in charge? Suddenly Boomers aren't looking half-bad ...



Yeah, Let's not get carried away.

Anonymous BBGKB January 20, 2018 10:53 AM  

(Gen-X'ers will be the next to be eviscerated, after the Boomers die out.)

It will be "Why didn't gen xers do more to stop the boomers?"

OT: Don't forget about Marcus Lemonis. There are a lot of RV shows in the next 2 months if you had a boycott camping world tshirt made you could wear it over a sweater. I made camping world VP Randy Rahe cry.
https://gorving.com/where-to-find/rv-shows

Why did this come up when I searched vox day boycottcampingworld?
http://www.milobookclub.com/2017/08/30/boycottcampingworld/

Blogger Phelps January 20, 2018 10:59 AM  

The SJWs at Google are exactly like the molesting gymnastics coach in the news, "oh, woe is me, it's too painful for me to listen to my victims describe what I did to them."

Anonymous Poli_Mis January 20, 2018 11:05 AM  

Sometimes it is hard for the younglings to see your hand in strategy, your Darkness.

Anonymous kfg January 20, 2018 11:05 AM  

"It will be "Why didn't gen xers do more to stop the boomers?""

To the grade school Red Guard in Training there is no discernable difference between Xers and Boomers. They are all just Old People who need educating for the revolution.

And all grade schoolers are now Red Guard in training. The hope is in the 20% or so who become "lost pigeons" (a Skinnerism for a conditioning subject who has had his conditioning broken).

Even Mao didn't try to tell kids that their "gender" was "purple pigeon."

Anonymous Aeoli Pera January 20, 2018 11:15 AM  

Why can't they harass their victims with impunity in secret?

Because conducting witch hunts in the open with government-sponsored air superiority is more fun?

Anonymous Gen. Kong January 20, 2018 11:16 AM  

Lara Mycroft wrote:
"We're dealing with shallow minded mentally underdeveloped psychologically disturbed children."

"The millenials latch on to the insane SJW narratives, because they're special and stuff."


Yes and yes.

Every generation since the 1920's has blamed "the older generation" for all of society's ills. The Boomers did it in the 70's and 80's, and now they themselves are the target. (Gen-X'ers will be the next to be eviscerated, after the Boomers die out.)

"Just wait until WE'RE in charge!" crow the younger generations, who always believe they are oh-so-much smarter.

SJW-fueled Millenials in charge? Suddenly Boomers aren't looking half-bad ...


The Boomers looking less bad now has less to do with the character of the generation than with the increasing saturation of fake popular culture via media and - all of which has been generated from a single, debt-racketeering fueled factory since the 1920s. They looked just as contemptible to earlier generations in the 1970s as the whining rabbit-warren Millenials do now. The continual rebellion of younger generations against their parents and grandparents is not a natural phenomenon (though a certain tendency was always there). It is more the creation of the cloud people who manufactured the fake popular culture and own the mass media by which they spoon feed this poisonous message (among many others) to the clueless calves and lambs left to watch and listen to it.

Anonymous Travis Bickle January 20, 2018 11:24 AM  

The whole thing reminds me a lot of some of the dark places Christianity went in the the Middle Ages. Go along with the doctrine intensely enough and you get to do whatever the hell you want, including hammering anybody who does not pretend agree.

Toujours la meme. Feminists gave rapists a pass for years as long as they supported leftism and feminism. That's why #MeToo is such a problem for them.

The irony that the would-be burners of everything traditional are being burned by their own "reforms" is wonderful.

Blogger Lazarus January 20, 2018 11:25 AM  

31. Gen. Kong

The continual rebellion of younger generations against their parents and grandparents is not a natural phenomenon (though a certain tendency was always there).


That's why this was included in the Decalogue:

Honor your father and your mother, that you may live a long time in the land the Lord your God is giving to you.

Anonymous Gen. Kong January 20, 2018 11:30 AM  

James Dixon wrote:
"Google's Sundar Pichai demonstrates what it means for a CEO to serve at the will and pleasure of the SJWs nominally under his authority"

And simply because, being in IT, it never gets old: What you mean? Sundar hindu nuthin'. He a good boy. He go to college an ever'thing.

Sundar is only the nominal warden of the Goolag. The real warden there is (((Susan Wojcicki))), who is at least as evil and batshit insane as Mao's last wife who led the cultural revolution. Sundar is just her highness' shufflin' step-n-fetchit. Like the British Raj, only worse.

Anonymous Just another commenter January 20, 2018 11:31 AM  

They are insane. They want to live in a world that's a cross between 1984 and Kafka's The Trial, but with them in charge. The ghost of Stalin smiled.

Blogger tuberman January 20, 2018 11:34 AM  

Who is Google anyway? Who is Crowdstrike? Who is the MSM?

Google funded Crowdstrike for what? $100,000,000

Tools? Tools for whom?

ALL THE SAME! ALL MOCKINGBIRD. CIA??

Anonymous Scott January 20, 2018 11:48 AM  

“I regret that people misunderstand that we may have made this for a political belief one way or another,” Pichai said. “It’s important for the women at Google, and all the people at Google, that we want to make an inclusive environment.”

In one sentence he contradicts himself and he doesn't even see it or he thinks everyone else is an idiot. We want everyone to feel included and so we fired a guy with a different viewpoint. And everyone else who thinks like him has surely learned their lesson. He's totally killing his own legal case.

Anonymous kfg January 20, 2018 11:53 AM  

" . . . he contradicts himself and he doesn't even see it or he thinks everyone else is an idiot."

His brain is sufficiently broken that he can do both at the same time.

" He's totally killing his own legal case."

Encourage him to speak his mind freely at every opportunity.

Blogger tuberman January 20, 2018 11:56 AM  

James Damore will win an out of court settlement for perhaps millions, but will have a gag rule on him to accept the money (a lot) paid out to him. Yawn, this is obvious.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine January 20, 2018 11:59 AM  

Their "ideals" are solipsistic/narcissistic circles around themselves. There's not even a moment of hesitation between harassing other people and then accusing others of harassing them. If it's for their benefit it's not harassment, and anything that inhibits, contradicts, or does away with their benefit is automatically harassment.

It really is the ultimate impulsive expression of the hedonistic side of the hedonism/nihilism philosophies Atheism necessarily leads to. Godless + Narcissistic + Stupid = This.

It's not that they're ignoring reality, it's that it doesn't matter to them.

The only disproof of solipsism is to cause pain to the solipsist, and the ultimate disproof is to kill it.

Blogger tuberman January 20, 2018 12:00 PM  

tuberman wrote:James Damore will win an out of court settlement for perhaps millions, but will have a gag rule on him to accept the money (a lot) paid out to him. Yawn, this is obvious.

Such settlements barely put a small dent in the laundered money holding such CIA tools together as Google. That money has to dry up, that is the key to hurting the SJW tech compamies.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine January 20, 2018 12:04 PM  

"The continual rebellion of younger generations against their parents and grandparents is not a natural phenomenon"

Depends. Rebellion has its proper usage just as most other things do. It's supposed to be used to overthrow entrenched or traditional evil. Sadly, it often is used in defiance of good instead.

Anonymous Samantha January 20, 2018 12:05 PM  

I emailed your post to noted libertarian scholar Jeffrey Tucker and here is his reply:

“Google is a private company operating in the free market. As such, they have the moral right to hire and fire whom they will. This individual was at the very least rude, sexist and in violation of Google’s cultural norms. This alone would be moral grounds for dismissal if I was this person’s manager. This Vox Day character seems to know very little of libertarianism or economics. He reminds me of Trump in that he appears to be a blowhard and vulgarian. Like Trump, his instincts lean toward fascism. It is very sad anyone takes Vox Day seriously in 2018.”

Blogger tuberman January 20, 2018 12:06 PM  

"It's not that they're ignoring reality, it's that it doesn't matter to them."

It does not matter to them, as they are paid well (the people who actually run Google) to ignore reality. The lower level employees are simply fanatics, put in place, because they are fanatics. This was all planned out from the start.

Blogger DonReynolds January 20, 2018 12:10 PM  

Pichai said. “It’s important for the women at Google, and all the people at Google, that we want to make an inclusive environment.”

Once again, the SJW demonstrate that they actually have their own language....straight out of Wonderland....where words do not mean the same as you think.

Obviously, "inclusive" does not mean "including everybody". If they were inclusive, James Damore (and others) would still be working at Google...based solely on the value of their work and not whether they pass the Vulcan mind meld with Leftist Liberals.

We see the same re-homing of words with "diversity" as well. Diversity has nothing to do with being diverse or varied or even proportional. Diversity means Negro and anyone who is not Negro must be removed or excluded in order to promote diversity....even if they are the ONLY white or Asian or Hispanic in the organization. Getting rid of the only non-black promotes diversity in the bizarro world of SJWs.

Equal Opportunity does not mean anybody is equal or that we are even going to pretend they are equal. Equal Opportunity means Negro Supremacy. There is nothing Equal about it.

Free Speech? You bet! Free Speech means Approved Speech to the SJWs. Anything else is Hate Speech, which cannot ever be permitted....AND they get to decide (even years after the spoken or written word) what is Hate Speech and what is Approved Speech. Of course, SJWs can always change their mind about that later.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine January 20, 2018 12:14 PM  

"AND they get to decide (even years after the spoken or written word) what is Hate Speech"

Nothing says freedumb quite like retroactive criminality.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash January 20, 2018 12:25 PM  

@Samantha,
As a noted alt-Right scholar, I would say that Jeffrey Tucker is a pathetic, semi-autistic man-child, who grew up in privilege and has therefore been able to ignore reality for his entire life. He has been working hand-in-hand with the Marxists for decades without even realizing it. No-one will be more surprised than Jeffrey Tucker when he is jailed for thought-crime as a direct result of his efforts.

Blogger tuberman January 20, 2018 12:25 PM  

"Once again, the SJW demonstrate that they actually have their own language....straight out of Wonderland....where words do not mean the same as you think."

Wonderland has stages:

1) SJW Wonderland and Cabal Wonderland where everything is inverted, corrupt, and a death cult.

2) Non-SJW but Normie Wonderland, where everyone wants to escape, example, comics without politics, and parents think Mickey Mouse is King.

3) Partial Red-Pilled people who have not seen that this is all planned and coordinated by hierarchies from the top, and they believe, like the MSM tells them, that the idea that there are Cabals, or Cults, or Clubs at the top planning and running all of this is a "Conspiracy Theory." This is still Normie, and still Fantasy Land.


Anonymous Anonymous January 20, 2018 12:29 PM  

#46

So you e-mailed the post to noted left-libertarian Jeffrey Tucker? Why? He is just a liberal pretending to be a libertarian. This is like e-mailing to a alt-retard and taking the answer like it was from Vox.

Why not e-mail the post to Hans-Hermann Hoppe? Or Walter Block? You will never get the Rothbardian viewpoint from Tucker.

Of course, pretending left-libertarian fools represent “Austro-Libertarianism” or anarcho-capitalism is a big sport here.

Blogger tuberman January 20, 2018 12:29 PM  

It might be interesting to put Jeffrey Tucker under a magnifying glass to see just why he has such insane views these days?

Blogger pyrrhus January 20, 2018 12:35 PM  

Nice piece by Schlichter that pretty much nails it...https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2018/01/18/please-dont-shut-down-the-government-democrats-because-that-would-be-awful-not-n2435670

Blogger VD January 20, 2018 12:41 PM  

This Vox Day character seems to know very little of libertarianism or economics.

"Seems". Jeffrey is a gamma. It would be hilarious to debate him on free trade.

He reminds me of Trump in that he appears to be a blowhard and vulgarian.

Better loosen up on that bow tie, Jeffrey.

Anonymous A Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents January 20, 2018 12:48 PM  

@53 tuberman
It might be interesting to put Jeffrey Tucker under a magnifying glass to see just why he has such insane views these days?

Maybe bugman. Maybe pizza lover. Maybe just isolated libertoony crank, like Reason is stuffed with.

Jeffy needs a solar powered rotating beanie to go with his spinning bow tie.

Blogger tuberman January 20, 2018 1:01 PM  

56. A Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents

Yes, some of these people are just dupes, but I run across an equal number that it seems likely to be dirt there. Think McCain and that guy from Utah with pictures taken with ISIS leaders.

Blogger Lazarus January 20, 2018 1:06 PM  

@39

Who is Google anyway? Who is Crowdstrike?

#GoogkilledSethRich

Blogger tuberman January 20, 2018 1:15 PM  

Lazarus wrote:@39

Who is Google anyway? Who is Crowdstrike?

#GoogkilledSethRich


Of course

Blogger tuberman January 20, 2018 1:39 PM  

58. Lazarus,
Physically, a couple of MS13 guys did it, and were found dead themselves shortly after, a long way away. Most here know that.

Yet these two organizations were used to find out who did the leaks, and who he gave them to for spreading. Brennan ordered the search for the leaker, and a number of people decided to make him an example, and to turn it around for insurance against Trump.

This will all be in the "memo" and much more, and the memo is just a start. There is reason why Anons are hash tagging such things, and excellent circumstantial evidence on what is in the memo.

Blogger Dave January 20, 2018 1:53 PM  

Ah Sammy, Sammy, Sammy

Have you hacked your showerhead yet?

Blogger tuberman January 20, 2018 2:06 PM  

56. A Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents

Most of the time the dirt is just that they hire a lot of illegals at a cheap rate, because government welfare covers the illegals extra living expenses. Many open borders crowd here. Or they are writers, pundits, working for an organization that pays controlled opposition well, as these "pundits" have no real market for their writing. Their pay checks come from Globalists, and they know it.

Anonymous GodEmperorMemes January 20, 2018 2:13 PM  

Yes, I too have noticed that the entryism tactics are similar across multiple industries. I have personally seen a woman use her vagina to get not one but two companies to pay her to do zero productive work, as she became the "women's issues delegate" for two separate workplaces. Those workplaces employ roughly 800 people...12 of whom are women.

Blogger James Dixon January 20, 2018 2:40 PM  

> The continual rebellion of younger generations against their parents and grandparents is not a natural phenomenon (though a certain tendency was always there).

A degree of rebellion is always natural, yes. But since WWII, the rebellion has been a deliberate goal of our educational institutions. They need good little soldiers for the revolution.

Blogger tublecane January 20, 2018 2:47 PM  

@4-They don't call it the Cathedral for nothing.

Blogger tublecane January 20, 2018 2:56 PM  

@13-Part of what it means to be a woman is to "LARP." Or, put more simply: act. Or, more simply still: lie and manipulate. They can't defend themselves, especially during pregnancy but all the time, really. And while men need society too, women *really* need it.

Only very recently has society given them enough freedom and power to be self-sufficient (in a manner of speaking), and they don't have to have kids if they don't want to, while being able to enjoy everything else they can get their hands on. But they haven't ceased to be built for subterfuge and deceit. They don't necessarily need to be actresses to have security, but they are anyway. They can't stop.

Blogger tublecane January 20, 2018 2:58 PM  

@13-Oh, and that justification was never actually justified. It just felt that way. But even phony justifications expire, and that one has.

Blogger tublecane January 20, 2018 3:08 PM  

@40-"He's totally killing his own legal case"

The idea is to propagandize, of course. In case Google loses, the public will know it was for the right reasons.

But also, it's part of the legal strategy. They get it on the record--enlisting the media as accomplices in doing so--that this who's thing was not political. Then the lawyers can say to a judge, "Look, objective third parties agree: it wasn't politically motivated."

You can read between the lines, but don't expect a jury to understand (MPAI), and don't expect a judge to bother. Or at least a California judge.

Blogger tublecane January 20, 2018 3:26 PM  

@48-All my life I've been confused over the difference between "inclusive" and "exclusive," and of course the dictionary is no help. Because I'm looking for the practical, effective meaning, not the denotation.

"Inclusive" is one of our chief virtue-signalling terms. It's always positive, of course. but sometimes it means people are being excluded, sometimes it means people are being included, and sometimes both at once.

In this case, because I have my secret decoder ring with me, I know Damore is being excluded, but his exclusion is inclusive because it serves to include the right people, who are women and employees of color. You don't have to worry about whether people who might agree with Damote feel included, because they're "haters" seeking to exclude the right sort of people.

It all comes down to Who shall rule over Whom, as usual.

Anonymous GodEmperorMemes January 20, 2018 3:45 PM  

No, "diversity" means "people who look different to each other but all think exactly the same way".

Blogger Owen January 20, 2018 6:24 PM  

I read the entire lawsuit. What was shocking was the level of immaturity and vitriol displayed by senior managers, directors and above. Even given that there's probably a lot of title inflation going on at google, that says something. It's a leadership issue. Pichai confirms it. No where I have worked would allow anything like it. Right or left. The google SJWs spent an inordinate amount of time worrying about other employees' opinions. How did they get any work done?

Blogger Lazarus January 20, 2018 6:43 PM  

The end of "net neutrality" is the beginning of the anti-trust campaign against Goog, FaceHook, and Twitcher.

Unless Trump gets whacked, of course.

Anonymous Hoss January 20, 2018 9:25 PM  

America's electronic Stasi.

Blogger Lazarus January 20, 2018 9:31 PM  

This is the genius of America. You do not just get one Stasi, you get to choose between multiple Stasis!

What a country!

Blogger Rough Carrigan January 20, 2018 9:35 PM  

If I were Damore's lawyers I'd love to have an excuse to get a change of venue for the lawsuit to some locale in a more red, less blue county. If Any Given Sundar keeps shooting his mouth off, I wonder if that might help get that.

Blogger TM Lutas January 20, 2018 11:27 PM  

Every day, somebody in IT makes a decision to buy cloud services, determine which search engine is in the default install, determine what office suite to use, and more than a dozen other decisions where the answer might be an Alphabet company like Google.

It's not political. It's not personal. All those people are required by their job to factor in the risk that somebody in Google is going to act irrationally and screw with the company they work for. With the filing of the lawsuit, that risk went up and people who were on the bubble between Google and a competitor are going to lose out. The more evidence emerges of irrationality in Alphabet land, the less likely that Google will capture new business and the more likely that people will start to switch out to alternatives where they can.

These people won't ever say a word about it formally. They'll just be doing their jobs and playing things safe and every single one of those decisions will make Google bleed a little more.

That's the audience that Sundar Pichai needs to address to help his company and he bobbled it because the motivation for irrational behavior doesn't matter to these people. They are all looking for a reliable, long term partner who is not going to screw them over. It's starting to look like Google and other Alphabet companies no longer fits the bill.

When an offering is mission critical and Google has enough of a technical advantage, people will still go with them, but that kind of business is not enough to justify their present market cap.

Anonymous Jim January 21, 2018 2:58 AM  

46

"I emailed your post to noted libertarian scholar Jeffrey Tucker and here is his reply"

Tucker is not regarded as a libertarian by a lot of libertarians, including those at the Mises Institute.

First, he's simply wrong to claim that 'Google operates in a free market'. No it does not. Google is subject to labor law, and a host of other laws. It is, for instance, under at least one FTC consent decree that obligates it to report to the government on its activities.

Second, it is not clear that Google has a 'moral' case given the murkiness of their rhetoric about 'inclusivity'. Left wingers are suddenly arguing that it is not possible to tolerate intolerance. Oddly enough, this is the same argument that we make for stopping Muslim immigration. When the same argument is accepted as valid in one context and not another, one has to wonder what is going on. At the very least it looks sloppy. At worst, it appears to be hypocritical.

PS: A lot of the most annoying nutcases in Google are not millennials, but GenXers or above. The ones with power, at any rate.

Anonymous jim January 21, 2018 3:05 AM  

46

Tucker also begs the question with 'in violation of Google’s cultural norms'. Well, yes... BUT, do those cultural norms actually violate existing labor laws?

Take a look at the big Indian IT firms. Tata, Infosys, etc. They are currently being sued for racial and sexual discrimination since they are 98% Indian males. It is part of their culture, one can safely say, to hire only Indian men. Does that mean that hiring Indian men suddenly trumps (pun intended) labor law since it is a cultural issue?

Nowhere in Damore's memo was there any hint of rudeness. In fact, he's a bit of a soy boy in many ways, genuflecting to women, loving diversity, etc etc. He's hardly a paragon of white nationalism or the MGTOW movement.

If this is an example of Tucker's sloppy thinking, you can see why he doesn't get much respect from actual scholars. I'd give him a failing grade for such an analysis.

Anonymous Wooly January 21, 2018 3:04 PM  

OT

Anyone using Brave, still? I am.

I can use full-screen on YouTube videos if, say, AoSHQ posts a video, and I hit the full-screen button on the bottom right, on his front page -- after I answer "Yes" to Brave's question regarding whether I want to let this page go full screen or not.

On YouTube itself, clicking the same full-screen button, down in the corner, does absolutely nothing at all. I really don't want to switch browsers again just so I can see videos in full screen.

All "shields" are down on YouTube on my Brave.

Did YouTube find a way to disable Brave's functionality for SJW reasons? I wouldn't actually put it past them, at this point.

Blogger jdgalt January 22, 2018 12:58 AM  

Vox, I'm curious why you didn't name all the Googler managers whose outrageous statements you revealed in SJWAL. Don't they deserve to be on some blacklists like those they put their foes on?

Blogger Owen January 27, 2018 8:51 PM  

Jim wrote:
PS: A lot of the most annoying nutcases in Google are not millennials, but GenXers or above. The ones with power, at any rate.


Yes. It was surprising how many were VPs and directors

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts