ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Friday, February 02, 2018

The Nunes memo

The Honorable Devin Nunes
Chairman, House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
January 18, 2018

To: HPSCI Majority Members
From: HPSCI Majority Staff
Subject: Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act Abuses at the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation

Purpose

This memorandum provides Members an update on significant facts relating to the Committee's ongoing investigation into the Department of Justice (DOJ) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and their use of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) during the 2016 presidential election cycle. Our findings, which are detailed below, 1) raise concerns with the legitimacy and legality of certain DOJ and FBI interactions with the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC), and 2) represent a troubling breakdown of legal processes established to protect the American people from abuses related to the FISA process.

Investigation Update

On October 21, 2016, DOJ and FBI sought and received a FISA probable cause order authorizing electronic surveillance on Carter Page from the FISC. Page is a US citizen who served as a volunteer advisor to the Trump presidential campaign. Consistent with requirements under FISA, the application had to be first certified by the Director or Deputy Director of the FBI. It then required the approval of the Attorney General, Deputy Attorney General (DAG), or the Senate-confirmed Assistant Attorney General for the National Security Division.

The FBI and DOJ obtained one initial FISA warrant targeting Carter Page and three FISA renewals from the FISC. As required by statute, a FISA order on an American citizen must be renewed by the FISC every 90 days and each renewal requires a separate finding of probable cause. Then-Director James Comey signed three FISA applications in question on behalf of the FBI, and Deputy Director Andrew McCabe signed one. Sally Yates, then-Acting DAG Dana Boente, and DAG Rod Rosenstein each signed one or more FISA applications on behalf of DOJ.

Due to the sensitive nature of foreign intelligence activity, FISA submissions (including renewals) before the FISC are classified. As such, the public's confidence in the integrity of the FISA process depends on the court's ability to hold the government to the highest standard, particularly as it relates to surveillance of American citizens. However, the rigor in protecting the rights of Americans, which is reinforced by 90-day renewals of surveillance orders, is necessarily dependent on the government's production to the court of all material and relevant facts. This should include information potentially favorable to the target of the FISA application that is known by the government. In the case of Carter Page, the government had at least four independent opportunities before the FISC to accurately provide an accounting of the relevant facts. However, our findings indicate that, as described below, material and relevant information was omitted.

1) The "dossier" compiled by Christopher Steele (Steele dossier) on behalf of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and the Hillary Clinton campaign formed an essential part of the Carter Page FISA application. Steele was a longtime FBI source who was paid over $160,000 by the DNC and Clinton campaign, via the law firm Perkins Coie and research firm Fusion GPS, to obtain derogatory information on Donald Trump's ties to Russia.

a) Neither the initial application in October 2016, nor any of the renewals, disclose or reference the role of the DNC, Clinton campaign, or. any party/campaign in funding Steele's efforts, even though the political origins of the Steele dossier were then known to senior and FBI officials.

b) The initial FISA application notes Steele was working for a named US. person, but does not name Fusion GPS and principal Glenn Simpson, who was paid by a US. law firm (Perkins Coie) representing the DNC (even though it was known by DOI at the, time that political actors were involved with the Steele dossier). The application does not mention Steele was ultimately working on behalf of - and paid by - the DNC and Clinton campaign, or that the FBI had separately authorized payment to Steele for the same information.

2) The Carter Page FISA application also cited extensively a September 23, 2016, Yahoo News article by- Michael Isikoff, which focuses on Page's July 2016 trip to Moscow. This article does not corroborate the Steele dossier because it is derived from information leaked by Steele himself to Yahoo News. The Page FISA application incorrectly assesses that Steele did not directly provide information to Yahoo News. Steele has admitted in British court filings that he met with Yahoo News-and several other outlets-in September 2016 at the direction of Fusion GPS. Perkins Coie was aware of Steele's initial media contacts because they hosted at least one meeting in Washington DC. in 2016 with Steele and Fusion GPS where this matter was discussed.

a) Steele was suspended and then terminated as an FBI source for what the FBI defines as the most serious of violations-an unauthorized disclosure to the media of his relationship with the FBI in an October 30, 2016, Mother Jones article by David Corn. Steele should have been terminated for his previous undisclosed contacts with Yahoo and other outlets in September-before the Page application was submitted to the FISC in October-but Steele improperly concealed from and lied to the FBI about those contacts.

b) Steele's numerous encounters with the media violated the cardinal rule of source handling-maintaining confidentiality-and demonstrated that Steele had become a less than reliable source for the FBI.

Before and after Steele was terminated as a source, he maintained contact with DOJ via then-Associate Deputy Attorney General Bruce Ohr, a senior DOJ official who worked closely with Deputy Attorneys General Yates and later Rosenstein. Shortly after the election, the FBI began interviewing Ohr, documenting his communications with Steele. For example, in September 2016, Steele admitted to Ohr his feelings against then-candidate Trump when Steele said he "was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected and was passionate about him not being president." This clear evidence of Steele's bias was recorded by Ohr at the time and subsequently in official FBI files, but not reflected in any of the Page FISA applications.

a) During this same time period, Ohr's wife was employed by Fusion GPS to assist in the cultivation of opposition research on Trump. Ohr later provided the FBI with all of his wife's opposition research, paid for by the DNC and Clinton campaign via Fusion GPS. The Ohrs' relationship with Steele and Fusion GPS was inexplicably concealed from the FISC.

According to the head of the counterintelligence division, Assistant Director Bill Priestap, corroboration of the Steele dossier was in its "infancy" at the time of the initial Page FISA application. After Steele was terminated, a source validation report conducted by an independent unit within FBI assessed Steele's reporting as only minimally corroborated. Yet, in early January 2017, Director Comey briefed President-elect Trump on a summary of the Steele dossier, even though it was according to his June 2017 testimony "salacious and unverified". While the FISA application relied on Steele's past record of credible reporting on other unrelated matters, it ignored or concealed his anti-Trump financial and ideological motivations. Furthermore, Deputy Director McCabe testified before the Committee in December 2017 that no surveillance warrant would have been sought from the FISC without the Steele dossier information.

5) The Page FISA application also mentions information regarding fellow Trump campaign advisor George Papadopoulos, but there is no evidence of any cooperation or conspiracy between Page and Papadopoulos. The Papadopoulos information triggered the opening of an FBI counterintelligence investigation in late July 2016 by FBI agent Pete Strzok. Strzok was reassigned by the Special Counsel's Office to FBI Human Resources for improper text messages with his mistress, FBI Attorney Lisa Page (no known relation to Carter Page), where they both demonstrated a clear bias against Trump and in favor of Clinton, Whom Strzok had also investigated. The Strzok/Lisa Page texts also reflect extensive discussions about the investigation, orchestrating leaks to the media, and include a meeting with Deputy Director McCabe to discuss an "insurance" policy against President Trump's election.

Labels: ,

308 Comments:

1 – 200 of 308 Newer› Newest»
Anonymous Ryan ATL February 02, 2018 12:36 PM  

Expand FISA!

oops!

Blogger Salt February 02, 2018 12:39 PM  

It's living up to the hype. Glorious.

Blogger Jeff aka Orville February 02, 2018 12:41 PM  

Tip of the iceberg. Please remember, this memo is the result of just one investigation, there are a total of 22 ongoing.

Now come more firings, purges and suicides.

Blogger Lazarus February 02, 2018 12:44 PM  

2 a) Neither the initial application in October 2016, nor any of the renewals, disclose or
reference the role of the DNC, Clinton campaign, or. any party/campaign in funding
Steele?s efforts, even though the political origins of the Steele dossier were then
known to senior and FBI of?cials.


Lack of full disclosure on a FISA application is a criminal offense (I have heard it said). This is proof of Doj & FBI going rogue.

Blogger Ezekiel February 02, 2018 12:44 PM  

This is going to be a massacre.

Blogger Welsh Woodsman February 02, 2018 12:46 PM  

What a great time to be alive !
Finally...a smidgen of earthly justice is looming on the horizon!
Moral of the story: Don't mess with Trump

Blogger Mr.MantraMan February 02, 2018 12:48 PM  

Very, very tip of the iceberg, last night at conservative treehouse it was about Manafort being investigated for his Ukrainian corruption gig and the FISA court being used and expanded onto Trump.

Blogger RobertT February 02, 2018 12:49 PM  

Thank you.

Anonymous Starbuck February 02, 2018 12:50 PM  

I'm not a lawyer or gov type. I don't understand most of it. (sigh)

Anonymous Ominous Cowherd February 02, 2018 12:50 PM  

Salt wrote:It's living up to the hype. Glorious.

I guess my hopes were higher than yours. This is good stuff for sure, but I was hoping for more, like direct links to Crooked Hillary and Gaymulatto, or at least to their handlers. Oh, well, this is a great start.

Blogger Triple_Scoop February 02, 2018 12:51 PM  

Lack of disclosure of political document and presenting it as "official intelligence" means everything that comes from this is classified as "fruit of the poison tree" or the exclusionary rule, and all indictments, searches, guilty pleas etc. that sprang from it.... are invalid and should all be dismissed. A

Blogger SemiSpook37 February 02, 2018 12:51 PM  

To me, it seems a bit overhyped on its face (then again, intel reads are rather dry subject matter).

However...

This is the type of transparency that has been lacking in this town for DECADES. THAT is what the average US citizen has always wanted.

Will justice finally prevail? I hope so. It’s a good first step.

Blogger Nate February 02, 2018 12:53 PM  

99% of the people who read this memo will not be able to understand what's in it.. or why it is damning.

Blogger OGRE February 02, 2018 12:53 PM  

Its significantly worse than Watergate. But its likely to fly over the heads of most of the public.

Still, its a beautiful illustration of projection. All that talk about Russia interference with the elections--which nobody but SJWs and self-deluded leftists believe--and here we have plain-as-day abuse of power by federal law enforcement on behalf of one candidate for the highest elected office against another candidate.

And without pouring through the US Code, I'd guess theres probably a couple dozen criminal acts outlined in there.

Blogger Jeff aka Orville February 02, 2018 12:54 PM  

So boiling it down for the lumpen left, it is now proven that there was no basis start Mueller's special investigation of "Russians for Trump". "Russians for Trump" was bought and paid for by the Clinton campaign and then boosted by the Obama DOJ and FBI who KNEW it was FAKE, and KNEW it was from the Clinton campaign.

Trump needs to have a Friday night massacre and fire, Rosenstein for starters.

Blogger Edgar Abbey February 02, 2018 12:55 PM  

Proof that the US government tried to fix an election.

Bigger than Watergate.

Blogger VFM #7634 February 02, 2018 12:56 PM  

"99% of the people who read this memo will not be able to understand what's in it.. or why it is damning."

Tip of the iceberg... thin edge of the wedge... camel's nose under the tent...

Blogger SemiSpook37 February 02, 2018 12:56 PM  

@8

As a former analyst, this reads like a regular piece of message traffic. It’s not sexy, and there’s no embellishment in terms of circumstances surrounding events.

It’s definitely not Fleming or Clancy, but then again, it never was intended to be. Just the relevant facts collected here; open only to your interpretation in terms of a reaction.

Blogger Ingot9455 February 02, 2018 12:56 PM  

Needs to list statutes broken.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan February 02, 2018 12:58 PM  

#17 good point, let the legal system now start grinding down this collection of unaccountable till now govthugs.

Anonymous JAG February 02, 2018 12:59 PM  

Comey, Rosenstein, McCabe, Yates, and Boente should do jail time. They knowingly signed off on false affidavits to weaponize the FISA Court against political opponents. These people would hang in the public square in the old days.

Blogger Jeff aka Orville February 02, 2018 12:59 PM  

@16 Not sexy, just a clinical summary, but once all the House and Senate panels start digging down into the source material in public sessions, then some of the sexy and damning statements and facts will come to light. It will just take two or three years to unwind, except for those select individuals deemed enemy combatants. Those people will get a speedy trial.

Blogger Cataline Sergius February 02, 2018 1:02 PM  

Starbuck wrote:I'm not a lawyer or gov type. I don't understand most of it. (sigh)

The FBI KNEW that the dossier was Clinton funded campaign research, was probably bullshit and used to obtain warrants on the Republican Candidate for President of the United States of America.

Blogger Salt February 02, 2018 1:02 PM  

The tentacles to various people and entities are in it. Read carefully.

Blogger Andrew February 02, 2018 1:03 PM  

I had higher hopes for this document too. Most people who've been following closely already knew the DNC paid for the dossier, through Fusion GPS, and that it was used as evidence in granting surveillance.

Was it that Comey and McCabe (and Yates & ((Rosenstein))) kept renewing it without additional evidence? That they also did not include that they knew the sourcing/funding of the dossier?

Since we knew this, is this really a game changer? What am I missing?

Blogger Cataline Sergius February 02, 2018 1:04 PM  

Comey, Rosenstein, McCabe, Yates, and Boente are now named.


Trump did America no small favor by firing the Commandant of the American Secret Police

Anonymous Russell Newquist February 02, 2018 1:04 PM  

Interesting how the media is already launching a coordinated counterattack. I just witnessed the exact same 3-tweet sequence - nearly word for word - from at least two different major news providers, all spewing Pelosi's talking points on this.

Even more interesting... the talking points insist that the memo has omitted material facts, and the Democrats on the Intel committee are pushing to have their own counter-memo released. And claiming obstruction, even though the Republicans on the committee unanimously agreed to kick off the exact same process to release that memo that the current one went through.

Does anybody else smell a Trump-baited trap here? Redact some key evidence, get the left to whine and moan and bitch about it, before finally producing it... and then BAM, let the other shoe drop? This is his standard MO - have they really not learned to see this coming yet?

Blogger Salt February 02, 2018 1:04 PM  

Andrew wrote:What am I missing?

Everything, so it appears.

Blogger Stilicho February 02, 2018 1:04 PM  

It's very simple: FBI and DOJ initially hid information from FISA court that would have resulted in the surveillance warrant being denied, then the FBI and DOJ conspired to hide their certain knowledge that their "source" was an unreliable, paid political operative employed by Hillary Clinton and company to create fake dossier about Trump. This was done to obtain illegal surveillance of an American citizen for the express purpose of preventing the election of Donald Trump, then later attempting to overturn the election of Donald Trump. The FBI and DOJ interfered in a presidential election in order to elect their preferred candidate (Clinton). When that didn't work, they tried to orchestrate a soft coup through further illegal activities.

Anonymous fop February 02, 2018 1:05 PM  

If McCabe doesn't go to jail then we know we have gone full banana republic.

(BTW, McCabe will not go to jail.)

Anonymous Russell Newquist February 02, 2018 1:05 PM  

Side note: VD, thanks for posting the full text here. ScribD is blocked at work for me, and I had trouble finding it anywhere else. Would've eventually been able to read it, but this is the first site I could access with it.

Anonymous Knarf February 02, 2018 1:07 PM  

FBI officials conducted illegal wiretaps, fabricated evidence of criminal activity, omitted exculpatory evidence, and perjured themselves in a court of law? What a shock. Just as it's been a shock every other time FBI officials have been caught doing that, going back at least into the 1950s.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan February 02, 2018 1:07 PM  

Well #23 you were expecting the usual conservative scam of Shame the Democrats when obviously that would seem partisian when now is the time for legal action not Hannity's tick tock scam.

In short they were at the very least unethical at best they go to a pound them in the buttocks FED prison where everyday is trying to avoid the white soooooooopremicissss they sentenced to life imprisonment.

Blogger Cataline Sergius February 02, 2018 1:07 PM  

Andrew wrote:I had higher hopes for this document too. Most people who've been following closely already knew the DNC paid for the dossier, through Fusion GPS, and that it was used as evidence in granting surveillance.

Was it that Comey and McCabe (and Yates & ((Rosenstein))) kept renewing it without additional evidence? That they also did not include that they knew the sourcing/funding of the dossier?

Since we knew this, is this really a game changer? What am I missing?


(*sensible chuckle*) Most of America isn't in our echo chamber. This really will be the first time they have heard of any of this.

The difference is that our ravings are now Official Truth.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan February 02, 2018 1:08 PM  

#25 I like your guile

Anonymous VFM #7916 February 02, 2018 1:09 PM  

NPR's spin was highly targeted suggesting Russia/collusion/favoritism as being the basis for the memo, with Schiff leading the democrat quotes.

Rosenstein's going to be toast over this, which may be the goal for this particular effort.

Blogger Andrew February 02, 2018 1:10 PM  

@31 OK, I get that. I have to keep reminding myself that this is new to most people.

Blogger Jeff aka Orville February 02, 2018 1:11 PM  

@25 Trump is the World Champion of Rope-A-Dope. Note in the memo released that two news organizations were mentioned, Yahoo News and Mother Jones. I'll bet a box of doughnuts that there are a whole lot more MSM mentioned in all the texts and other surveillance recorded.

The MSM is walking into the propeller on this. Once it's all out, they will be bloody chunks on the tarmac.

Blogger LateIntoTheFray February 02, 2018 1:11 PM  

Sen. John McCain: "The latest attacks on the FBI and Department of Justice serve no American interests — no party's, no president's, only Putin's...If we continue to undermine our own rule of law, we are doing Putin's job for him."

Scumbag....

Blogger Azure Amaranthine February 02, 2018 1:12 PM  

"FBI officials conducted illegal wiretaps, fabricated evidence of criminal activity, omitted exculpatory evidence, and perjured themselves in a court of law?"

While on the payroll of the DNC, Fusion GPS, and the HRC campaign.

Oh, and the current Mueller probe is based entirely on that opposition-funded lying as far as I can tell.

Anonymous fop February 02, 2018 1:12 PM  

Hehehe Wolf Blitzer looks like someone just stole his lunch money.

Anonymous Causal Lurker February 02, 2018 1:13 PM  

This makes a decent graphical short or comic to explain visually to most people. No flowcharts, pictures of the phone trees and cash going up, down, and across. Compare a small picture of three inept plumbers (Watergate) to the High and Mighty.

My guess is that in two years, the named people's inflated impression of self-worth will only be due to the excessive taxes on the carton of cigarettes that most of their lives will be worth.

Anonymous Andrew E. February 02, 2018 1:14 PM  

Why favorite new bit of information in the memo was the mentioning of Steele leaking parts of the dossier (part about Carter Page's trip to Moscow) to Yahoo News in September 2016 and then the FBI used that news story in a FISA app the following month as evidence that the dossier was a serious thing!! And the FBI knew all along that it was Steele who told Yahoo News about Page. "See, it's even been reported on in the media, now give us our warrant!"

Blogger Koanic February 02, 2018 1:14 PM  

Is she a mistress because she's a lawyer or because he works for the FBI?

Trying to figure out whether I've had one.

Blogger Jon D. February 02, 2018 1:14 PM  

Wow this is the biggest corruption in American election history. It make the Nixon campaign look clean.

Anonymous CarpeOro February 02, 2018 1:14 PM  

Nate wrote:99% of the people who read this memo will not be able to understand what's in it.. or why it is damning.



Just another blessing of Universal Suffrage. Voting has become a "right" instead of a responsibility. The result is those that would at least make an effort to understand what is going on can't be heard for the yawning of those who don't want to be bothered by it. Speaks volumes in favor of restricting the vote to those who served.

Blogger Just Mark February 02, 2018 1:15 PM  

When my youngest son was three and oldest son was twelve they engaged in a game of heads I win tails you lose. I watched in amusement until the three year old went into temper tantrum mode. He knew something was wrong but couldn't articulate it.

I read the memo and as VD has taught me ... MPAI including me at least relatively speaking.

It will be interesting to see what the ramifications are.

In other related news I was once again a victim of Poe's Law https://politics.theonion.com/fbi-warns-republican-memo-could-undermine-faith-in-mass-1822639681?utm_medium=sharefromsite&utm_source=Politics_twitter

Anonymous Andrew E. February 02, 2018 1:15 PM  

Should be "My favorite new bit of..."

Blogger Azure Amaranthine February 02, 2018 1:17 PM  

"FBI officials conducted illegal wiretaps, fabricated evidence of criminal activity, omitted exculpatory evidence, and perjured themselves in a court of law?"

And were either on the payroll or knew the information produced was falsely fabricated by people on the payroll of the DNC, Fusion GPS, and the HRC campaign.

Blogger VD February 02, 2018 1:20 PM  

Most people who've been following closely already knew the DNC paid for the dossier, through Fusion GPS, and that it was used as evidence in granting surveillance.... Since we knew this, is this really a game changer? What am I missing?

You're missing the fact that you didn't actually know anything about it. You suspected. You heard rumors. You were pretty sure they were true. Now you know there is conclusive documentary evidence in the hands of the proper authorities proving it.

It's the difference between knowing that Al Capone is a crime boss and having the ledgers that will suffice to convict him of a serious crime in your possession.

Blogger tuberman February 02, 2018 1:21 PM  

Currently popping some popcorn, and checking out everything.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother February 02, 2018 1:22 PM  

VD wrote:Most people who've been following closely already knew the DNC paid for the dossier, through Fusion GPS, and that it was used as evidence in granting surveillance.... Since we knew this, is this really a game changer? What am I missing?

You're missing the fact that you didn't actually know anything about it. You suspected. You heard rumors. You were pretty sure they were true. Now you know there is conclusive documentary evidence in the hands of the proper authorities proving it.

It's the difference between knowing that Al Capone is a crime boss and having the ledgers that will suffice to convict him of a serious crime in your possession.


Any one paying attention knew this, but it was all unofficial ravings. Now, it's official truth, and can not be ignored.

Blogger LonestarWhacko February 02, 2018 1:23 PM  

I expect Comey to suicide. He ain't the "doing time" sort, imo.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine February 02, 2018 1:23 PM  

They say a piece of paper, no matter how thin and how large, can only be folded in half about 7-8 times consecutively before the corners rip and the edges start tearing.

Who wants to bet the opposition won't double down a tenth time? Higher?

Blogger Jeff aka Orville February 02, 2018 1:24 PM  

Instead of saying I "think" Hillary's FBI tried to steal the election, you can now say, I have "documented Proof" usable in a court of law that Hillary's FBI did try to steal the election and then do a frame job to remove a sitting president.

Blogger James Dixon February 02, 2018 1:25 PM  

> Trump needs to have a Friday night massacre and fire, Rosenstein for starters.

No. Sessions needs to fire Rosenstein. Not Trump. And he needs to make clear that it's his decision and Trump had no input. Then he needs to tell Mueller he has 60 days to put up or shut up.

> Comey, Rosenstein, McCabe, Yates, and Boente should do jail time.

Yes, but that's unlikely. Boente and Rosenstein will both have to "spend more time with my family" though.

> FBI officials conducted illegal wiretaps, fabricated evidence of criminal activity, omitted exculpatory evidence, and perjured themselves in a court of law?

Not just the FBI. The FBI director and deputy director.

Blogger StrawMan February 02, 2018 1:27 PM  

Possibly important: the comment attributed to McCabe was that no warrant would have been sought without the dossier, not that no warrant would have been granted without it.

Blogger Desdichado February 02, 2018 1:27 PM  

Cataline Sergius wrote:(*sensible chuckle*) Most of America isn't in our echo chamber. This really will be the first time they have heard of any of this.

The difference is that our ravings are now Official Truth.

Right. There's a yuuge difference between knowing something and knowing it.

Plus, even the chaimstream media can't ignore this story now, nor can they really successfully spin it; all they can do is attempt to minimize it for their shrinking target audience.

Blogger Dr Caveman February 02, 2018 1:27 PM  

This is how the whole tapestry of lies and deceit will eventually unravel. Quite a few people involved in misleading a judge to get the FISA warrant (not once but FOUR times) were also involved in clearing Hillary. And now that there is a strong indication of criminal behavior, Trump can cast a wide net for follow up investigations. This gunna be gud

Blogger Heian-kyo Dreams February 02, 2018 1:28 PM  

The MSM is already spinning the "so what? The important thing is, what did Trump do wrong?" narrative.

Blogger Greg February 02, 2018 1:29 PM  

Vox ,

What is your analysis of the document?

Anonymous Andrew E. February 02, 2018 1:32 PM  

Possibly important: the comment attributed to McCabe was that no warrant would have been sought without the dossier, not that no warrant would have been granted without it.

Are you stupid? "We have legit info on Trump for a FISA warrant but let's pay our guy for politically motivated nonsense, refuse to corroborate it, add it to the FISA app, conceal all of this from the FISA court and get this party started."

Anonymous trev006 February 02, 2018 1:32 PM  

So many high ranking people are implicated just in the FISA warrant for Page: Comey, Yates, Rosenstein, McCabe. This is a sign from the Trump campaign that as all of the FISA warrants are unsealed, things are about to get very, very hot for everyone who was a part of the scam.

You're going to see arrests, or deaths. Both, most likely.

Blogger VD February 02, 2018 1:33 PM  

What is your analysis of the document?

Chaos in Washington. This document not only justifies, it requires serious investigation of the Clinton campaign. The reason Democrats were desperate was not about this memo per se, but what will follow it.

And we don't know how deep it goes. But they do. And their level of desperation to hide these crimes is indicative of the fact that it is very deep indeed.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine February 02, 2018 1:33 PM  

@Andrew E, look at the name of the guy you quoted.

Don't worry, a lot of people have been fooled by that trollery lately.

Anonymous JAG February 02, 2018 1:34 PM  

Traitor McCain chimes in:

http://theweek.com/speedreads/752772/john-mccain-assails-nunes-memo-warns-gop-doing-putins-job

Blogger Jeff aka Orville February 02, 2018 1:34 PM  

Tip of the iceberg.

Over 10,000 sealed indictments. Way more than normal. What are they for?

Presidential EO 12/21 declaring a state of emergency on corruption targeting seizes all property and assets.
EO's on 1/30 or 1/31 cancelling GITMO closure and ensuring funding for GITMO. Clarification on who is an enemy combatant.

Some of these people will wish they were tried in Federal criminal court.

Blogger Pax_Romana February 02, 2018 1:35 PM  

@48 Suicide? No, unlikely. Arkancide? Very possible.

Blogger Dire Badger February 02, 2018 1:36 PM  

Knarf wrote:FBI officials conducted illegal wiretaps, fabricated evidence of criminal activity, omitted exculpatory evidence, and perjured themselves in a court of law? What a shock. Just as it's been a shock every other time FBI officials have been caught doing that, going back at least into the 1950s.

Sounds like a Friday.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine February 02, 2018 1:36 PM  

"Some of these people will wish they were tried in Federal criminal court."

The military tribunal is going to be the most friendly part of their experiences.

Blogger tuberman February 02, 2018 1:36 PM  

Ya'll know there is much more to come. Memos, OIG, audios, videos, and JA stuff.

Timing is everything, rope...give the dopes more, them haul em.

Anonymous Tipsy February 02, 2018 1:37 PM  

VD: it's interesting that the entire approach for "debunking" the "controversial" memo by the MSM is 1) Lying, 2) Projecting, and 3) Doubling Down.

Whoda thunk it?

Blogger Jeff aka Orville February 02, 2018 1:37 PM  

Will there even be a Democrat party left once this is all over. DNC is out of money right now. No money for mid-term elections, no love for the D's come mid-terms.

Anonymous mycale February 02, 2018 1:39 PM  

So now we know without a doubt that Clinton and the DNC teamed up with the Obama administration to mislead a judge for the purpose of spying on her political opponent. While at the same time getting cleared of wrongdoing by the same people running the spy op.

Whew lads.

Blogger James Dixon February 02, 2018 1:40 PM  

> Sounds like a Friday.

Not Friday, Tuesday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlhOUyy4wbs

Anonymous VFM #6306 February 02, 2018 1:41 PM  

Jon D. wrote:Wow this is the biggest corruption in American election history. It make the Nixon campaign look clean.

Yep. Clean as a DNC whistleblower's autopsy report, it does.

Anonymous johnc February 02, 2018 1:42 PM  

Today: "In a break from President Trump, US Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley says Russia did meddle in the US election."

These are the NeverTrumper idiots in Trump's admin that keep undermining his ability to cement a clear defense.

Meddle what? Meddle how? She just fueled the suspicion that Russians were working to help get Trump elected, and supported the case to continue investigations.

Anonymous deplorable me February 02, 2018 1:44 PM  

@31 Cataline Sergius

(*sensible chuckle*) Most of America isn't in our echo chamber. This really will be the first time they have heard of any of this.

The difference is that our ravings are now Official Truth.


Exactly. Sundance has covered most of this over at CTH/Last Refuge, but how many people have the patience/can understand the complex analysis/flowcharts/etc? This simple (not sexy) summary is easier to understand, and can be simplified even further into 1-2 sentences (The FBI/DOJ knowingly used fake info to get and renew warrants to spy on the Trump campaign).

This memo isn't for the aspies on 4/8chan or the armchair researchers who spend a few hours checking various website, this is for the normies.

Blogger John (not the pope) February 02, 2018 1:45 PM  

VD: This document not only justifies, it requires serious investigation of the Clinton campaign.

Vox...What sort of blowback do you suspect this takes into the Obama White House? And how big a fire will this reignite re the HRC email investigations that clearly trace back to Obama?

Blogger Gary February 02, 2018 1:46 PM  

Well played the real Deep State.
They hang a few pols and Feds out to dry and continue to play their little games via The Donald.
All the while chuckling at the fun the spectators are having, so much more interesting than mere elections.

Blogger KBuff February 02, 2018 1:47 PM  

I'd be very interested to see the warrant applications themselves. Considering information from the dossier is considered essential to the application, I'd like to see how it was characterized before the FISC. There was some indication the first app was denied, right? If so, I'd like to compare both the denied and approved apps as well.

Anonymous AT February 02, 2018 1:49 PM  

Trump is the Chuck Norris of presidents. When his administration is investigated the special counsel ends up in jail.

Anonymous Mike Rock February 02, 2018 1:51 PM  

Nikki,
Show us the paper trail.......clear, precise, name names and dates.
Dumb girl......

Blogger Koanic February 02, 2018 1:51 PM  

Ah ok, Strzok is married per Wikipedia so presumably Lisa Page is his mistress in the married man's sidepiece sense.

Blogger Timmy3 February 02, 2018 1:54 PM  

A conspiracy by those we hired to run out intelligence agencies. That’s not good. There’s no reason for the Trump special counsel especially with how they even got to it.

Blogger Giraffe February 02, 2018 1:55 PM  

If James Comey gets invited by Hillary Clinton to go for a walk in the woods, or a boat ride, or something similar, I advise him not to go.

Blogger Dos Voltz February 02, 2018 1:56 PM  

I just love the part that finally nailed it for the FISA court.

"Yeah, judge, the case is solid! You see, it's been confirmed today by...Yahoo."

Good to know that the most powerful tool for intelligence gathering used by our redoubtable FBI and esteemed DOJ is a bureaucrat sitting in front of a computer screen opened to Yahoo's home page. The majority of stories there are clickbait paid advertisements disguised as news stories. I doubt that there exists a single federal employee in our entire government who can tell the difference.

Blogger Cataline Sergius February 02, 2018 1:58 PM  

I've been rating headlines

#1 CNN's is the most propagantastic: Disputed GOP-Nunes Memo Released

#2 MSNBC: Trump declassifes House GOP Memo despite FBI Objections

#3 The NYTimes: Republicans in House Release Secret Memo on Russia Inquiry

Most interesting so far was CBS news: Robert Wagner called "Person of Interest" in Natalie Wood's Death. (*Bit of denial going on there...Or a temporary technical error but it was sort of amusing anyway.*)

Blogger James Dixon February 02, 2018 1:58 PM  

> I'd be very interested to see the warrant applications themselves

I believe heavily redacted versions of them are available. Good luck finding them though. I remember sending a link to someone, but I'm having no luck finding it now.

Blogger Lazarus February 02, 2018 2:01 PM  

@75 Gary's conspiracy is BIGGER than your dinky little conspiracy.

Meanwhile, Jerome Corsi twitter:

https://twitter.com/jerome_corsi?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Lots of good news. This is just the appetiser. The OIG report is coming up. Make sure you leave room!

Anonymous MaskettaMan February 02, 2018 2:02 PM  

YaHOOOoooooo!

Anonymous Anonymous February 02, 2018 2:04 PM  

Color me cynical in the extreme.
Yeah,I got criminal acts here.
Who are you gonna call,the almost lifelike Jeff Sessions(swampcritter)???
Ain't nobody doin time for anything and just wait till the Dems get back in are re-weaponize the gruberment...

Blogger Justin Bailey February 02, 2018 2:04 PM  

Hopefully there’s someone with the political will to take this stuff to the next step. You also have to get a judge who isn’t on the left. Ryan already said none of this will stop Mueller. It’s a big farce, and I have doubts any of this will come to anything.

Anonymous veryfunnyminion February 02, 2018 2:06 PM  

"Today: "In a break from President Trump, US Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley says Russia did meddle in the US election."

These are the NeverTrumper idiots in Trump's admin that keep undermining his ability to cement a clear defense."

She's just bitter Trump didn't actually have an affair with her.

Blogger Ingot9455 February 02, 2018 2:08 PM  

As much as I'm laughing about the DNC being out of money, they've been out of money like this before. Usually one of their globalist cronies or some rich dem sucker punches in ten mil or so to get them out of a hole. Sometimes connected to a change in DNC leadership, aka, put my guy in and I'll cover your expenses.

Then again, last time it was Hillary and it was, "I'll cover your expenses and you rig my election."

You never know, might be different this time.

Blogger VD February 02, 2018 2:09 PM  

I have doubts any of this will come to anything.

Then you are foolish. This is MUCH bigger than Watergate.

Anonymous alexamenos February 02, 2018 2:10 PM  

Mr. Capone, may we have a look at your tax returns?

Anonymous CrystalBlue February 02, 2018 2:11 PM  

veryfunnyminion wrote:"Today: "In a break from President Trump, US Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley says Russia did meddle in the US election."
So what? We meddle, they meddle. What exactly was done that was illegal?

(Cue "Russian shill" in 3... 2... 1...)

Anonymous Who Rescued Whom? February 02, 2018 2:11 PM  

Remember that the Fusion GPS/Steele dossier relied on part on Russian intelligence. Think one step ahead. We'll never be able to think as far ahead as Trump, but please think what he has to lose at this point from acknowledging (again) that Russia undermines US elections. Remember, it's not whether or not they did, it's whether or not he collude. We know kw he didn't. So why worry?

Anonymous Anonymous February 02, 2018 2:12 PM  

The Democrat response seems to be "double-down".
Pelosi's response attacks Nunes as "undermining national security".
Twitter bots are all regurgitating the same line to the effect of "The original fisa warrant was based on a lie, but the renewals require substantive evidence, so there!"
Media mouthpieces are circling wagons claiming this memo "does not compromise the mueller probe"

SJW's always double-down.

Blogger S1AL February 02, 2018 2:14 PM  

Related:

http://thehill.com/opinion/criminal-justice/371853-new-fbi-messages-reveal-agents-searching-for-way-to-evade-record#.WnNnd6EB43c.twitter

FBI agents were trying to avoid recording their phone messages.

Blogger Darwinite February 02, 2018 2:17 PM  

What the memo shows, is that there was only ever a single, unreliable source. The FBI knew the source of the dossier was Fusion GPS, their corroboration was Fusion GPS files provided by Ohr, and the wider reporting also sources back to Fusion GPS. It was all an echo chamber _as the FBI knew all along_. They lied to the FISC, stating the Yahoo! article didn’t come from Steele. When Steele was terminated by the FBI, he remained Ohr’s source, while the FBI claimed Ohr as a separate source of corroboration.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother February 02, 2018 2:17 PM  

MUH BLACKPILL FAP FAP FAP

Blogger DonReynolds February 02, 2018 2:18 PM  

The Praetorian Guard were the only Roman military formation lawfully permitted in Rome and their purpose was to protect the Emperor. There were times when the Praetorian Guard assassinated the Emperor (or permitted it), and engineered or selected the next Emperor...Claudius being one of the better examples.

This is the same thing. The Praetorian Guard has attempted a coup d'etat, a palace revolt by the body guards. The MOST trusted individuals in the nation have turned out to be Traitors....not merely traitors to Trump, because Trump is actually irrelevant. The same thing would have happened to Cruz, had he been the nominee. The most serious Treason is the betrayal of the electoral process and the system of laws and the rule of law. For this reason, they should not be permitted to leave the building without being in custody and perp-walked in chains and cuffs. Fly them to Gitmo, where they can start receiving their legal counsel. No, they should not be permitted to retire quietly. Examples need to be made of these individuals.

Blogger Cataline Sergius February 02, 2018 2:18 PM  

The Double-Down in this case is disastrous for the Democrats.

Just cut ties to the Mueller Probe and agree to that it needs to be shut down for lack of evidence and that President Trump shouldn't be judged by some mythical dossier but...b-but b-by his...

Nope couldn't do it. Could not say it without laughing.

Anonymous Looking Glass February 02, 2018 2:19 PM  

@79 Koanic

As a few have noted from the text messages released, they don't sound like they're in a relationship.


@76 KBuff

That's clearly part of phase 2. The Dems will be massively doubling down. Well, what do you do? Why, release the warrant itself. When they double down again? Release the extent of what they were capturing.


I'm happy to see Yates' name show up. Looks like the circle of those to enjoy prison cells is officially expanded.

It should be noted this is a minor tip of the iceberg. FISA warrant is one thing. Using 702 Meta Data Searches is another. Then there's the direct intel gathering. There's a long, long way down this rabbit hole.

Blogger James Dixon February 02, 2018 2:20 PM  

> Media mouthpieces are circling wagons claiming this memo "does not compromise the mueller probe"

That's actually a very interesting question. We know Rosenstein acted with a political bias in signing of on the warrant request and therefore his actions are suspect. Since he appointed Mueller, does that taint Mueller? I think a court would have to decide.

Anonymous FAILBOAT February 02, 2018 2:21 PM  

This is literally Watergate, except the rot reaches into the bureaucracy. Watergate was in essence under the auspices of 'investigating foreign donations to the dnc', Nixon's plumbers committed the burglary. Nixon's plumbers were not career service Federal officials, they were White House employees, aka political people.

Under the auspices of investigating foreign influence, the FBI monitored a trump associate or two, or twelve. The FBI agents and sources actually involved were misusing their official positions and the FISA process to intervene in an election.

They likely would have gotten away with it too.

The only thing that can end this favorably for the FBI as an institution is a declassification of the actual FISA application submitted to the FISC, that application, if based on anything 'real', will reveal information about the methods by which that 'real' information was acquired, and will damage national security.

This memo is the opinion of a member of congress, and according to the FBI, misrepresents the facts, but it is what were are going on until more information comes out.

Basically, if you trust Devin Nunes' judgement, this is incredible misconduct in the FBI brought to light, if you do not trust his judgement, this is proof that Devin Nunes is woefully unfit for the office he holds.

Hilariously, I've never met a democrat who lasted long in the FBI, and those assholes always operate as though the rules don't apply to them, so fuck them I hope this destroys the institution.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother February 02, 2018 2:25 PM  

https://twitter.com/jay_stang/status/959489565143785472

Blogger Desdichado February 02, 2018 2:25 PM  

@98: Which is exactly why the Germani corpore custodes was formed.

I don't recommend that option for us.

Blogger James Dixon February 02, 2018 2:27 PM  

In a side note, I'd say the markets really don't like this drama. The Dow is down over 500 points.

Anonymous Ominous Cowherd February 02, 2018 2:29 PM  

VD wrote:You're missing the fact that you didn't actually know anything about it. You suspected. You heard rumors. You were pretty sure they were true. Now you know there is conclusive documentary evidence in the hands of the proper authorities proving it.

It's the difference between knowing that Al Capone is a crime boss and having the ledgers that will suffice to convict him of a serious crime in your possession.


Yes, that's a big part of why I was wishing for more. Making it official is huge, and I was overlooking that.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine February 02, 2018 2:30 PM  

"Since he appointed Mueller, does that taint Mueller?"

Even if it doesn't, FusionGPS taints Mueller.

Anonymous Iacobus February 02, 2018 2:31 PM  

Stg58/Animal Mother wrote:https://twitter.com/jay_stang/status/959489565143785472

That. Is. Brilliant. lol

Anonymous I'm Not a Fascist. But My Sons Are. February 02, 2018 2:32 PM  

https://twitter.com/jay_stang/status/959489565143785472

Masterfully done, sir.

In a side note, I'd say the markets really don't like this drama. The Dow is down over 500 points.

Fuck it. Let's make this omelette.

Anonymous Aeoli Pera February 02, 2018 2:33 PM  

Best timeline.

Blogger Desdichado February 02, 2018 2:34 PM  

James Dixon wrote:In a side note, I'd say the markets really don't like this drama. The Dow is down over 500 points.
What; were you looking to retire in the next few days? It's a hiccup, and once the corruption is out of the system, the markets will be better and more stable than they've been in decades.

Anonymous Randomatos February 02, 2018 2:34 PM  

Very true, but the people in a position to fire and prosecute do understand it. That's the important part. This starts to blow away the smokescreen that the swamp protectors hide behind.

Anonymous JAG February 02, 2018 2:35 PM  

https://twitter.com/Comey/status/959498570532577285

Blogger APL February 02, 2018 2:35 PM  

Did Muller know it was all shit? Has he been defrauding the US Federal government with an investigation that he knew was baseless.

It's interesting his charges against Manafort occurred because he was pursuing this wild goose. If he knew there was no foundation before hand, but still took the job, doesn't that amount to perversion of justice?

Blogger Azure Amaranthine February 02, 2018 2:37 PM  

Really, FusionGPS is tied to damn near everything.

When that can of worms finally gets pried open, the dirt trails lead all over the swamp.

Blogger James Dixon February 02, 2018 2:37 PM  

> Even if it doesn't, FusionGPS taints Mueller.

I wasn't aware of any direct link between Mueller and FusionGPS, and a quick Google search doesn't show anything obvious. Details?

Anonymous Iacobus February 02, 2018 2:40 PM  

JAG wrote:https://twitter.com/Comey/status/959498570532577285

I find it hilarious that Comey is naming his forthcoming book, "A Higher Loyalty." It certainly isn't to the American people.

Anonymous Broken Arrow February 02, 2018 2:40 PM  

The coming investigation into the Hillary campaign will be fun to watch.

Blogger James Dixon February 02, 2018 2:42 PM  

> Fuck it. Let's make this omelette.

Agreed.

> What; were you looking to retire in the next few days?

Days? No. Months? Possibly. But I agree it's nothing to worry about. I merely posted it for folk's additional entertainment.

> If he knew there was no foundation before hand, but still took the job, doesn't that amount to perversion of justice?

Yes. And it's grounds for dismissal of the original case and the vacating of any penalties. Ditto for Flynn.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother February 02, 2018 2:43 PM  

I didn't make the meme. Just spreading the joy.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine February 02, 2018 2:45 PM  

"I wasn't aware of any direct link between Mueller and FusionGPS"

Fusion GPS > Uranium One > Mueller.

Anonymous I'm Not a Fascist. But My Sons Are. February 02, 2018 2:47 PM  

"Coup Nothing Burger dud alleged concern incomplete Republican GOP travesty memo Trump literally Hitler traitor."

There. I just summed up what we're going to be hearing from the Left for the next few whatevers.

Blogger Noah B The Savage Gardener February 02, 2018 2:50 PM  

There do indeed appear to be some material omissions from this memo. IIRC the FBI tried around mid-summer 2016 to obtain a FISA warrant against the Trump campaign but was actually denied by the FISA court. Then the Steele dossier mysteriously turned up.

When the whole truth comes out it's going to look even worse for the FBI.

Anonymous Andrew E. February 02, 2018 2:52 PM  

Does this affect Mueller's investigation? Yes.

Memo: No FISA warrant without Dossier. Which means no Russia collusion story without Dossier. Which means no Mueller special counsel without Dossier paid for by Clinton/DNC. Shut it down.

https://twitter.com/TomFitton/status/959481196446183426

Anonymous I'm Not a Fascist. But My Sons Are. February 02, 2018 2:53 PM  

Who knew Comey was a Gamma... I didn't see that coming.

Blogger Salt February 02, 2018 2:54 PM  

https://twitter.com/LTOehler/status/959502288455897089

Anonymous Krymneth February 02, 2018 2:55 PM  

"Bigger than Watergate" doesn't capture this. Things the size of Watergate are elided from this memo entirely. Watergate is insignificant on this scale. This is a Nike next to Watergate's WW2 artillery shell.

Blogger James Dixon February 02, 2018 2:56 PM  

> Fusion GPS > Uranium One > Mueller.

Ah, I'd either forgotten or never made that association. For those following from home: "Robert Mueller, the special counsel leading the probe into alleged Russian interference in the election, was the head of the FBI when it investigated Rosatom officials’ extortion and corruption." From http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/14/obama-era-russian-uranium-one-deal-what-to-know.html

Blogger Mr.MantraMan February 02, 2018 2:56 PM  

So basically we have a special counsel because of a Yahoo fake news story. Well if the Left can quote Yahoo as prosecutorial evidence I get to use Zerohedge.

Blogger Lazarus February 02, 2018 2:57 PM  

2016 Cert FISC Memo Opin Order Apr 2017

Jerome Corsi is translating at

http://voxday.blogspot.ca/2018/02/the-nunes-memo.html#comment-form


Actual treasonous crimes delineated, but in strict legalese.

Nunes memo establishes that FISA obtained through fraud.

This delineates what happened after.

Operation Mockingbird operatives in MSM will try to make it all go away.

Anonymous Looking Glass February 02, 2018 2:58 PM  

@122 Noah B The Savage Gardener

The Nunes Memo gets us back to October 2016. We know there was illegal spying done earlier, so we still don't have the "key" to that public yet. That comes later.

@124 I'm Not a Fascist. But My Sons Are.

Trump broke him. Comey himself leaked a story of hiding in a curtain to avoid Trump. Comey wears his Gamma Flag proudly. (The man is 6'8", so he could get away with a lot more than you'd think while still being a Gamma.)

Blogger Mr.MantraMan February 02, 2018 2:59 PM  

FTR Yahoo is now running with Olivia Munn's plunging necklines and something about the Grid Girls being dropped as boob bait for Formula 1 racing.

Blogger Salt February 02, 2018 3:00 PM  

CNN et al ran lots of cover for these conspirators. What did they know and when did they know it?

Blogger James Dixon February 02, 2018 3:00 PM  

> 2016 Cert FISC Memo Opin Order Apr 2017

Thanks, Lazarus. I think that's the link I was trying to find.

Anonymous Looking Glass February 02, 2018 3:01 PM  

@128 Mr.MantraMan

If Yahoo now counts as major evidence for a Classified Warrant, can we demand they use InfoWars all the time for other ones? We can have a lot of fun with this!

Blogger James Dixon February 02, 2018 3:03 PM  

Actually, that's not the link I was looking for, but it's the same document. My link was https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/icotr/51117/2016_Cert_FISC_Memo_Opin_Order_Apr_2017.pdf

Anonymous ZhukovG February 02, 2018 3:05 PM  

If the Dems were smart, they would be suing for peace on any terms the GE would give them.

But they are not smart.

Blogger Salt February 02, 2018 3:09 PM  

You know they'll double down... on snake eyes.

Anonymous Looking Glass February 02, 2018 3:09 PM  

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/959495517230149636

I think Scott Adams hits pretty well with the humor/persuasion approach on that one.


@136 ZhukovG

Qanon's constant refrain that these people are stupid might be the biggest confirmation of their legitimacy. Though, at some level, they aren't being stupid. Anyone that isn't a higher up will have an unfortunate barbell drop on them while they're on a boat.

Anonymous Eduardo February 02, 2018 3:09 PM  

@126

I always was more a Adidas kind of guy.

Anonymous Elder Son February 02, 2018 3:12 PM  

Then you are foolish. This is MUCH bigger than Watergate.

This is as big as congress wants it to be. And the Intel agencies, depending on how well they play the game.

Will they just skim the Swamp Scum? Will they drain the Swamp and filter our the Swamp Ameoba's? Will they dredge the Swamp Muck and Muck out the Swamp Muck Creatures?

Blogger Mr.MantraMan February 02, 2018 3:15 PM  

Congress shmongress where is Pokey Sessions?

Anonymous Utah Conservative February 02, 2018 3:19 PM  

Lol, what a nothingburger. No mayo or cheese, possible constitutional crisis. Meanwhile the Blue Wave commeth, then impeachment. Drumph is finished and will die in jail. Will you Russian shills be joining him? Think long and hard. Because we will have no mercy on you come 2020.

Anonymous ZhukovG February 02, 2018 3:19 PM  

@Looking Glass: Agreed, more than a few have that, 'I am saying this because there is a gun pointed at the back of my head', look in their eyes.

Anonymous Looking Glass February 02, 2018 3:21 PM  

One interesting wrinkle in the lead up to this, when they started talking about the Clinton Hack's supposed 2nd report, is we do finally have a lead for where the Russian Hookers story got in. It wasn't Steele that turned that into a part of the report, but a direct Clinton Hack that did. Though the original target was Rick Wilson.

Just an interesting tidbit.

Blogger Justin Bailey February 02, 2018 3:21 PM  

This is absolutely bigger than watergate, but who’s gonna prosecute? Ryan says this doesn’t affect Mueller investigation, and Sessions says “no department is perfect.” Seems to me that congress and the doj is content to shrug their shoulders.

Anonymous Iacobus February 02, 2018 3:24 PM  

Utah Conservative wrote:Lol, what a nothingburger. No mayo or cheese, possible constitutional crisis. Meanwhile the Blue Wave commeth, then impeachment. Drumph is finished and will die in jail. Will you Russian shills be joining him? Think long and hard. Because we will have no mercy on you come 2020.

Go drink bleach. lol

Blogger Lazarus February 02, 2018 3:26 PM  

Proverbs 26

23Like a coating of silver dross on earthenware

are ferventa lips with an evil heart.

24Enemies disguise themselves with their lips,

but in their hearts they harbor deceit.

25Though their speech is charming, do not believe them,

for seven abominations fill their hearts.

26Their malice may be concealed by deception,

but their wickedness will be exposed in the assembly.

27Whoever digs a pit will fall into it;

if someone rolls a stone, it will roll back on them.


28A lying tongue hates those it hurts,

and a flattering mouth works ruin.

Blogger Daniel Bendele February 02, 2018 3:29 PM  

I can't tell if Sessions is a total buffoon or if he's part of the God Emperor's game. In any case, I look forward to the day I get a frantic wakeup call from my Normie relatives asking if I'm watching the footage of all the arrests.

Anonymous johnc February 02, 2018 3:35 PM  

@145

Pretty much. Watergate is nothing compared to any of the many scandals of the past 30 years. But Watergate was a useful scandal because the media wanted to destroy Nixon.

Everyone knows the Clintons were selling state secrets to foreign countries. But who's going to swim against the river and actually investigate them? So far, nobody has stepped forward. The only serious, public investigation happening right now is of Trump himself.

Anonymous kennymac February 02, 2018 3:35 PM  

“Seems to me that congress and the doj is content to shrug their shoulders.” Stop being a wuss. After all this and you STILL don’t trust the God Emperor. Oh ye of little faith.

Blogger RC February 02, 2018 3:36 PM  

As this onion gets peeled, I'm becoming even more impressed with the GE. Clinton had all the advantages: MSM, debate questions leaked, and now we know the full NSA apparatus was turned against him. Based upon the heavily redacted FISA court opinion dated 4/26/17 combined with the Nunes Memo, there is no doubt they were feeding DNC/Obama/HRC everything being discussed during those last crucial weeks of the campaign (and likely before) via upstream collection.

And only a few days before that hearing on 10/21, Hillary was self-righteously spouting off to a national audience in the presidential debate how seventeen (17!) intelligence organizations agreed that Russia was a Bear. By this time they well knew that if DJT won, they'd all be toast, so they doubled down by an order of magnitude and the rest waits to be written into the history books. Son of a bitch.

How deliciously ironic that HRC served on the House impeachment staff during Watergate.

Blogger AaMcavoy February 02, 2018 3:38 PM  

Pardon this midwit question. The memo shows the FBI is corrupt. Does it show how they tried to use the info from spying to influence the election? I read that all the FBI reports that were for just Obama went around his office and ended up in Hillary's lap. Is that how?

Blogger APL February 02, 2018 3:38 PM  

@145 "Ryan says this doesn’t affect Mueller investigation, "

It's interesting Mueller met with Trump before he met with Rosenstien, ostensibly to interview for the FBI director position. But he's already held the top slot at FBI, why would he want it again?

Is the Mueller 'investigation' a Trump sting?

Anonymous Napoleon 12pdr February 02, 2018 3:42 PM  

For Trump, it's gut-check time. I think he's now got enough evidence to press charges. Violation of civil rights under color of law, perjury, obstruction of justice, and seditious conspiracy. If he's serious about being President, the arrests have to be made by the end of next week.

FWIW, Vox is right. This memo isn't news to anyone who has been following the story, but it's an official confirmation of what we suspected.

I'll add that if I were Attorney General, I'd have a team investigating FISA warrants for 2016, 2012, 2000, and 1996. Because I would not be surprised if there were other members of the Trump campaign under surveillance, and that the same tactic had been used in previous Presidential campaigns. Remember, the Clintons are compulsive criminals, Obama was considered dirty-handed even by Democrat standards...and the FBI has a 60-year-long history of using political spying for their own benefit.

Blogger jimmy_the_freak February 02, 2018 3:45 PM  

Just from a quick pass at connecting the dots:
The Clinton campaign, the DNC, FusionGPS, the FBI, the DOJ, multiple foreign nationals, and various media members all colluded rig/steal the election.

Anonymous Gen. Kong February 02, 2018 3:47 PM  

Its significantly worse than Watergate. But its likely to fly over the heads of most of the public.

Both points very true. Also (as several have noted), merely the tip of a massive iceberg. The entire 'Russia-gate' argument is destroyed (it was a nothing-burger to begin with, but there it is exposed to light).

Anonymous Gen. Kong February 02, 2018 3:53 PM  

Comey, Rosenstein, McCabe, Yates, and Boente should do jail time. They knowingly signed off on false affidavits to weaponize the FISA Court against political opponents. These people would hang in the public square in the old days.

Yes they should and you're correct about would have been done with them in happier times (they would have never gotten this far in happier times, really). The problem here is that we now live under a system where these obvious criminals have a high chance of merely laughing in everyone's face with a smirk of "so what?" That's why it's merely the small tip of a very huge iceberg.

Blogger James Dixon February 02, 2018 4:00 PM  

> Violation of civil rights under color of law, perjury, obstruction of justice, and seditious conspiracy.

All reasonable, yes. I'd go with the easiest to prove, perjury, to start with. Then layer on the other charges as required. I doubt it will happen though. I do expect Rosenstein and Boente to resign or be fired. Trump and Sessions will need to choose Rosenstein's replacement carefully, as he'll be the one making he calls on Mueller.

Here's the real question. Comey reported directly to Obama. Yates reported to Lynch, who reported directly to Obama. How much did Lynch know? How much did Obama know? We all know the answers to both those questions, but can either be demonstrated?

> I'll add that if I were Attorney General, I'd have a team investigating FISA warrants for 2016, 2012, 2000, and 1996.

A special prosecutor is definitely called for. Maybe Rudy's not too busy?

> The Clinton campaign, the DNC, FusionGPS, the FBI, the DOJ, multiple foreign nationals, and various media members all colluded rig/steal the election.

Yeah, that pretty well sums it up. You forgot "committing numerous crimes in the process" though.

Anonymous Gen. Kong February 02, 2018 4:01 PM  

fop wrote:
If McCabe doesn't go to jail then we know we have gone full banana republic.

(BTW, McCabe will not go to jail.)


We already are full banana republic, the events outlined in the memo bear this out - along with much else. If McCabe had any sense, he's turn himself in to Trump's people. Given the utter corruption and convergence of the judicial and law-enforcement divisions, his chances of going to jail for this are not enormous. However, jail is really the last thing he should be concerned about. The folks he's worked for to disposed of Seth Rich very handily and there's no reason for them to not take the risk of McCabe -
a small fish at the end of the day - naming much bigger fish. The memo release strikes me as more of an opening shot than anything else.

Blogger JACIII February 02, 2018 4:05 PM  

Cernovich is absolutely flipping out over the memo. He's ready to hang them all.

Blogger Ingot9455 February 02, 2018 4:08 PM  

The circle-jerk nature of how the dossier was used in the FISA court is also quite special.
See, 'corroboration from the public news media' is considered to add weight to FISA court evidence.

So Christopher Steele shopped the dossier around and got Yahoo News and Mother Jones to bite. They published.

The FBI/DOJ, who KNEW that that this info came from Steele and therefore was not 'corroborating evidence' but just the same evidence reported on from someone else.... used it as corroboration in their FISA application and signed off on it multiple times.

That's a flat out lie, and is clearly perjury of some kind, committed over and over every 90 days, even after there is proof that they knew that Yahoo News and Mother Jones only got their information from Steele and therefore it couldn't be used as any kind of independent corroboration.

Blogger Scuzzaman February 02, 2018 4:09 PM  

In my experience corrupt people are opportunists. They will happily throw each other under the bus if they think that will be the cut out between them and any consequences.

Yeah, the swamp looks like a monolith impervious to attack ... right until they start eating each other.

Anonymous fop February 02, 2018 4:11 PM  

What I am not hearing is the headline "Obama Administration Attempted to Rig Presidential Election."

Lots of outrage and handwringing, but no one is pointing out the obvious.

Interesting.

Anonymous deplorable me February 02, 2018 4:15 PM  

@154 Napoleon 12pdr

For Trump, it's gut-check time. I think he's now got enough evidence to press charges. Violation of civil rights under color of law, perjury, obstruction of justice, and seditious conspiracy. If he's serious about being President, the arrests have to be made by the end of next week.

So, a paltry week for these dedicated civil servants to get their affairs in order? Let's provide a quick list so they know what not to do:

don't walk in the woods with Hillary;
don't lift weights without numerous witnesses (try the local gym, not the one in your basement);
don't clean any guns that you or a friend might own;
don't drive any type of vehicle without checking for damage to brakes/ignition/gas tank or "interesting" additions underneath (not sure how sake a bike would be);
don't invite any friends over;
etc.


Anonymous Gen. Kong February 02, 2018 4:17 PM  

Go drink bleach. lol

Probably already did for its Kwanzaa celebration (or is that Drano?, I can never remember what Karenga used in the first Kwanzaa).

Blogger James Dixon February 02, 2018 4:17 PM  

> What I am not hearing is the headline "Obama Administration Attempted to Rig Presidential Election."

And you won't. Not outside of here, Infowars, Zerohedge, and other such sites. Possibly Michael Savage. I can see where Rush might mention the possibility, kinda-sorta, but I doubt it.

Anonymous Dan February 02, 2018 4:19 PM  

John McCain says (in a statement presumably written by his deep state handlers as he lies in a coma in Az) that Nunes is doing Putin's work for him.


Blogger Noah B The Savage Gardener February 02, 2018 4:22 PM  

The left knows Obama ordered all of this too, they just don't care. In fact they're proud of him for having done it.

Anonymous Looking Glass February 02, 2018 4:27 PM  

@154 Napoleon 12pdr

The first order of business for the Trump Admin is to take out all of the "bagmen". Once you take out all of them, this wrapping up the rest of the networks isn't hard. However, you have to remove their ability to attack & counter-attack, and you do that by methodically removing all of their physical ability to act.

This is going to be a process over years.

Also, the IG report is coming next, and that's going to be the real big hit. There's no need to rush this. One step at a time causes the evil ones to make lots of missteps. Lots of them. Let them dig the hole deeper.

Blogger Azimus February 02, 2018 4:28 PM  

167. Dan February 02, 2018 4:19 PM
John McCain says (in a statement presumably written by his deep state handlers as he lies in a coma in Az) that Nunes is doing Putin's work for him.


I read the entire statement McCain made. As expected, it is substance-free. This was cute though: "The American people deserve to know all the facts...", except that HIS conclusion is that it means the Mueller investigation must go on unhindered.

What a shameless tool.

Anonymous The Original Arrogant Steelers Fan February 02, 2018 4:28 PM  

As my friend in law enforcement once told me... they refer to the FBI as the "Federal Bureau obstructing Investigations" for the lolz...

The FBI won't recover from this. How many defense attorneys out there are going to seize on this fiasco in key cases from now until forevermore? The agency will have to be disbanded at some point, or reorganized and sucked into some other Homeland Security rubric. Oh well, it's a start I guess.

Anonymous Gen. Kong February 02, 2018 4:28 PM  

Tipsy wrote:
VD: it's interesting that the entire approach for "debunking" the "controversial" memo by the MSM is 1) Lying, 2) Projecting, and 3) Doubling Down.

Whoda thunk it?


... almost as if they were reading it from a book somewhere.

Blogger Amos Bellomy February 02, 2018 4:29 PM  

How can people possibly not see how big this is?

This is an atomic bomb that blows Watergate out of the water. I honestly need to wonder if people questioning how bad this is have even read the memo.

Anonymous David of One February 02, 2018 4:36 PM  

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/03/flashback-maxine-waters-brags-obamas-extensive-database-everyone-video/

It is worth remembering that a not so lucid person had a very lucid moment back in early 2016 ...

Interviewer: “The inauguration represented the beginning of his second term. It also represented the countdown of his (Obama’s) presidency and the reality is..uh like anything else..you better get what you can while he’s there because look, come 2016, that’s it!”

Maxine Waters: “Well you know I don’t know and I think some people are missing something here. The President has put in place an organization that contains a kind of database that no one has ever seen before in life. That’s going to be very very powerful and whoever…and that database will have information about everything on every individual on ways that it’s never been done before and whoever runs for President on the Democratic ticket has to deal with that. They’re going to have to go down with that database and the concerns of those people are because they can’t get around it and he’s been very smart and it’s very powerful what he’s leaving in place.”

Anonymous David of One February 02, 2018 4:42 PM  

That lucid moment was back in 2013.

Blogger Scuzzaman February 02, 2018 4:46 PM  

Gen. Kong wrote:Tipsy wrote:

VD: it's interesting that the entire approach for "debunking" the "controversial" memo by the MSM is 1) Lying, 2) Projecting, and 3) Doubling Down.

Whoda thunk it?


... almost as if they were reading it from a book somewhere.


It's like what they say about 1984:

"SJWs Always Lie was not a How-To!"

Blogger James Dixon February 02, 2018 4:47 PM  

For anyone who's still on Twitter/Facebook, this might be time for a "What did the President know and when did he know it?" meme. Let's bring the Watergate meme's back to bite the Dem's.

Blogger SirHamster February 02, 2018 4:48 PM  

Amos Bellomy wrote:How can people possibly not see how big this is?

This is an atomic bomb that blows Watergate out of the water. I honestly need to wonder if people questioning how bad this is have even read the memo.


MPAI, with a liberal sprinkling of dishonesty and lying.

Anonymous Überdeplorable Psychedelic Cat Grass February 02, 2018 4:49 PM  

I read the whole thing once I got done with my last meeting of the day, having heard about it on Limbaugh earlier. There's a good set of summary as well as rebuttal points on HPSCI's web site. Comey, McCabe, Yates, Bonete, and Rosenstein need to go to prison. Yes, each extension is fundamentally different. I wonder what other disinformation they used.

Lazarus wrote:2 a) Neither the initial application in October 2016, nor any of the renewals, disclose or

reference the role of the DNC, Clinton campaign, or. any party/campaign in funding

Steele?s efforts, even though the political origins of the Steele dossier were then

known to senior and FBI of?cials.


Lack of full disclosure on a FISA application is a criminal offense (I have heard it said). This is proof of Doj & FBI going rogue.


@4 Though I've never submitted one, it would be perjury, 18 USC 1001. That is 5 years in prison and/or a $250k fine.

Nate wrote:99% of the people who read this memo will not be able to understand what's in it.. or why it is damning.



@11 Hence, the summary that was released. Most interestingly they didn't use Section VII for this.

Edgar Abbey wrote:Proof that the US government tried to fix an election.

Bigger than Watergate.


@14 The last time (yes, you read that right) this happened the FBI, at LBJ's request, bugged Barry Goldwater's campaign plane and used the info obtained therein to beat him at debates. This is MUCH worse than that. They used a dossier that was salacious (per Comey's own testimony) and unverified, to commit perjury in order to turn the assets of the FBI and NSA (and probably CIA) against Page. Page has never been indicted.

SemiSpook37 wrote:@8

As a former analyst, this reads like a regular piece of message traffic. It’s not sexy, and there’s no embellishment in terms of circumstances surrounding events.

It’s definitely not Fleming or Clancy, but then again, it never was intended to be. Just the relevant facts collected here; open only to your interpretation in terms of a reaction.


@16 I concur.

Ingot9455 wrote:Needs to list statutes broken.

@17 18 USC 1001 Perjury (5 years in prison and/or $250k fine)
18 USC 371 Conspiracy to defraud the United States 5 years prison and/or fine
18 USC 595 Interference by administrative employees of Federal, State, or Territorial Government 1 year in prison and/or fine
18 USC 1016 Acknowledgment of appearance or oath 2 years in prison and/or fine
18 USC 1621 Perjury generally 5 years in prison and/or fine
18 USC 1623 False declarations before grand jury or court 5 years in prison and/ror fine

Cataline Sergius wrote:Starbuck wrote:I'm not a lawyer or gov type. I don't understand most of it. (sigh)

The FBI KNEW that the dossier was Clinton funded campaign research, was probably bullshit and used to obtain warrants on the Republican Candidate for President of the United States of America.


@21 Bingo

Blogger Danby February 02, 2018 4:49 PM  

StrawMan wrote:Possibly important: the comment attributed to McCabe was that no warrant would have been sought without the dossier, not that no warrant would have been granted without it.
Given that they tried and failed twice before to get a FISA warrant to wiretap Trump, that's pretty much a given.

Utah Conservative wrote:Drumph is finished and will die in jail. Will you Russian shills be joining him? Think long and hard. Because we will have no mercy on you come 2020.
According to Ipsos, Trump is at 49% approval and climbing rapidly, 1 month ago it was 36%. This is the net political effect of the tax cuts, and that effect was measured before people actually see the impact on their paychecks.
You might want to think a little harder about that "no mercy" policy.

Anonymous Gondorian February 02, 2018 4:49 PM  

It’s a nothingburger and a manipulative one at that. Nunes omits the reason for the wiretapping warrant against Page – which is that Steele was told by his FSB contact that Page met and made a deal with a Kremlin official that he (Page) would work to have sanctions lifted for a million dollar payout. This information from Steele might have been false, but it was a legitimate lead to investigate.

Blogger Ingot9455 February 02, 2018 4:55 PM  

@181 If it's such a nothingburger, why didn't they just put that in their FISA request and go for it?

Anonymous Looking Glass February 02, 2018 4:57 PM  

@181

THAT'S the paid-shill spin? Geez, go find a window & jump out of it. Your overlords aren't even tall enough for this ride.

Anonymous deplorable me February 02, 2018 4:58 PM  

@179. Überdeplorable Psychedelic Cat Grass

Most interestingly they didn't use Section VII for this.

Could you or someone in the know explain about Section VII?

I did notice the reference to Section VII (rather, that it wasn't used) while reading the memo, and was wondering about the significance.

Blogger Mike February 02, 2018 4:59 PM  

Flynn has to walk.

Anonymous c matt February 02, 2018 4:59 PM  

(OC #9) like direct links to Crooked Hillary

Remember, she's crooked and evil, not stupid.

Blogger slarrow February 02, 2018 4:59 PM  

Cernovich is absolutely flipping out over the memo. He's ready to hang them all.

Well, at least he appears to be. Mike isn't above stirring the pot when he really isn't too awfully worked up in reality. But this is part of why he's effective. Rather than spinning his bow tie and being afraid to overextend his logical pronouncements, he sees a weapon come to hand and is using it. Advantage Cernovich.

Anonymous Brick Hardslab February 02, 2018 5:01 PM  

One thing that is certain and sure is that the left always threatens violence. Overt and covert violence usually because you disagree or will not comply with their demands.

Civil war if you don't give amnesty to illegals. Tribunals and punishment if you don't disavow Trump. Jail and fines if you don't bake the cake.

When they can the left always resorts to threats and violence. So far it has worked because there's only one group of adults in the room.

I've always said take them at their word and treat them as their rhetoric demands. Jail for all of them.

Anonymous GuiltBySlander February 02, 2018 5:03 PM  

Gondorian wrote:This information from Steele might have been false, but it was a legitimate lead to investigate.
Gondorian, you touched me in an inappropriate place, multiple times without my consent, in spite of my repeated demands that you stop.

You need to be investigated for sexual misconduct.

Blogger Ingot9455 February 02, 2018 5:04 PM  

Also, Director Wray has the ability to put the ixnay on the book Comey is trying to have published (and has a big advance on). Anything he publishes has to be submitted to the FBI and they have the right to say it's not going out.

Anonymous Bob February 02, 2018 5:04 PM  

Sessions' recusal now seems almost prescient considering everyone who wanted the memo to stay classified are the same ones who demanded his recusal in the first place.

Does a truly non-partisan DOJ need any special counsel to prosecute the bad actors here?

Hard to imagine that there aren't a lot of long knives being unsheathed and bits being chomped at in the justice department.





Blogger Mr.MantraMan February 02, 2018 5:09 PM  

So the FSB did try and sneak a judas pig into Trump's campaign with the FBI's blessing. Now you would think that Steele if he were honest would tell the FBI about Pages supposed big payout from the Kremlin and that the FBI would approach if not Trump and his campaign but the supposed 8 in the congress/senate about such an attempt.

Yeah I aint buying gondorians made up crap.

Blogger SemiSpook37 February 02, 2018 5:09 PM  

As I stated earlier (though it somehow disappeared), the key takeaway from this isn’t the names, activities, etc. It’s the fact that the GOP made it a point to put this ON RECORD, and that’s a complete 180 from the ol’ business as usual mindset inside the Beltway.

For us non-politicized worker bees, to include a significant portion of the rank and file in the FBI, getting stuff like this on record is HUGE as it demands a level of accountability of our leadership that has been sorely lacking in DC for DECADES.

This is the first domino to fall. Next is the IG report. Then it just builds from there. It’s going to get ugly. But it needs to be done. It should have been done years ago.

1 – 200 of 308 Newer› Newest»

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts