ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Tuesday, March 06, 2018

The fake civility of the cuckservative

Kurt Schlichter seems to be gradually getting it:
When the liberals and their squishy-soft allies in Conservative, Inc., start moaning about your dreadful incivility, that’s a clear indicator that you are doing something right and that you need to double down. Civility, once properly understood as a means to an end rather than an end in and of itself, has morphed from an aspiration into a political/cultural gimp suit designed to prevent you from effectively asserting your interests and your point of view.

For liberals, civility is a grift – they think it’s a punchline and they’re waiting to laugh at you for embracing it. It’s a way to keep you from interrupting their non-stop attacks on your rights, your faith, and your dignity by convincing you that it’s somehow wrong to get upset when, say, some Astroturf Tot backed up by a bunch of leftist Red Guard orgs like Planned Parenthood and Move On starts shrieking that you have blood on your hands.

For the Fredocons, civility is just an excuse for lounging on the Lido Deck while those of us not signed onto Team Submissive wade in and fight. It’s also an excuse to push back against the revolt of the Normals that their incompetent, self-serving bumbling created. They will never, ever attack the progressive cultural aggressors, those leftist savages spewing their death wishes against conservatives while saving the grossest sexual slurs for the brave female warriors whose will not back down in the face of progressive hate. Your refusal to knuckle under shames the sissycons.

No, they will attack you when you resist. It’s unseemly to fight back, according to some True Conservative Principle™ we never heard of but that they insist is the central tenet of conservatism. Not giving in is not who we are, or something....

Yeah, we’re done with their version of civility because their version of civility is a lie too. George W. Bush was civil, oh so civil, or so dignified. He was so civil and dignified that we got eight years of Barack Obama and we came that close to going under forever. But funny how Dignified George’s civility lasted for only eight years of his pal/successor then vanished once the guy who beat his soft bro to a pulp showed up and took what was supposed to be one of the Bipartisan Civility Crew’s gig. Suddenly, when someone who wasn’t part of the Approved Elite got elected, George found his ability to attack again. Of course, it was his own (supposed) side.

Bush was not just attacking Trump. He was attacking us Normals for daring to elect Trump. Many of us defended him when he was busy being oh-so-dignified and civil. And when we defied him and his class, he turned against us. Like a true gentleman.
Civility is desirable, but it is not a necessity. Civility is the way disagreements between friends and neutrals and even civilized enemies can be handled, but it must always be cast aside when dealing with savages and satanists. You simply cannot shake the hand of an enemy who is concealing a dagger in his other hand; you must always keep him safely at a distance.

Fair play is for sports. Winning is for cultural wars.

A nice conservative once told me that the important thing was "to win with grace and style." No, I corrected rather sternly, the important thing is to figure out how to win, then do it. If you can do it gracefully, stylishly, and civilly, so much the better. But don't let those things increase the degree of difficulty if the outcome is in any doubt at all.

And if a cuck claims you're doing it wrong, then you are, at the very least, on the right path.

Civility is not a sign of weakness when a system of reasoned debate is in effect. But it is a sign of weakness, and will be taken as such by our enemies, when we cling to civility because we are too weak and afraid to admit the awful truth, that we are no longer a society ruled by reason but by power.

Labels:

67 Comments:

Blogger SciVo March 06, 2018 3:54 AM  

Yes. I was going to link that. He really seems to get it now.

Blogger Valtandor Nought March 06, 2018 4:08 AM  

Fair play is for sports. Winning is for cultural wars.

When your opponents on the soccer field not only start picking the ball up with their hands, but go on to punch your team members in the face whenever the opportunity presents itself, perhaps it's worthwhile concluding that they aren't actually playing soccer any more.

And neither, therefore, should you be. At least, you're not going to score any goals by doing so.

Holding the moral high ground — and I mean really holding it, not just boasting about how polite and civil you are — is for those who have chosen, if necessary, to be like Christ in his sufferings. And you can tell those people, because while they may not use violence themselves, they neither compromise nor surrender.

Blogger Resident Moron™ March 06, 2018 4:13 AM  

Winning is for cultural wars because wars between cultures ste wars of survival. As Rape Rape reminds is, you win or die.

I have to say though, I’m surprised he called it so accurately; he called them “leftist savages”.

Doesn’t he know that’s not polite?

Blogger Sherwood family March 06, 2018 4:23 AM  

Literally just finished an exchange with someone on this subject. This is what the individual wrote after I told him "conservatives" had conserved virtually nothing.

And I quote: "The country is roughly evenly divided between (very broadly speaking) conservatives and progressives. It would be nice if conservatives were able to rule by fiat decree, but, alas!, the Constitution doesn't permit that.

Conservatives haven't achieved all they would like to have achieved, by any means. But neither have the progressives.

I don't have the time to go through the last 75 years to point out to you all the places where conservatives have thwarted or blunted progressive initiatives, but my major point is clear and simple: What good will it do the conservative cause if, in order to win, conservatives cease to be conservatives and become Constitution-ignoring statists of their own unique variety?"

This gentleman, whom I generally respect, somehow thinks that the Right, if it wins at the ballot box has done all it can do and if it is choice between civility and implementing its agenda should choose civility. Despite the fact that Leftism has basically won every major engagement for the last 30 years.

I cannot really get my head around it.

Blogger SciVo March 06, 2018 4:28 AM  

Resident Moron™ wrote:I have to say though, I’m surprised he called it so accurately; he called them “leftist savages”.

Doesn’t he know that’s not polite?


Ah, but he sees their lefty misogyny. If SJWs could be even just a little less awful, they might be able to fool some more on the right. But they can't help it.

Blogger SciVo March 06, 2018 4:44 AM  

Sherwood family wrote:I cannot really get my head around it.

Don't try to get your head around a cuck. It's almost as bad as another vowel.

But seriously, anyone that wants to lose "nobly" to baby body parts and cross-dressing men in girls' locker rooms, is the vilest of knaves. There is no chivalry in letting the streets run with rivers of blood and rape like Constantinople's fall.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine March 06, 2018 4:49 AM  

Society has always been ruled by power. The only difference now is that we have descended from the rarer and finer power of reason because we have failed it, and are now subject to correction by baser forms of power.

Chivalry used to be one of the hallmarks of civilization. As epitomized by the legendary motto "Take me up. Cast me aside." It was the juxtaposition of gentleness, manners, and bearing fit to socialize with gentle queens and ladies, with absolute brutality and mercilessness in the same man, each according to its propriety.

Gentleness is no virtue in a man lacking the capacity, the determination, or the intent for brutality. "Civil" manners learned to cover for lacking power are a poor facade, and not civil at all.

Blogger VD March 06, 2018 4:56 AM  

What good will it do the conservative cause if, in order to win, conservatives cease to be conservatives and become Constitution-ignoring statists of their own unique variety?"

Because their objectives are different than the Constitution-ignoring statists of the progressive variety. He is confusing tactics with objectives, like most conservatives, because conservativism is neither an ideology nor a set of principles, it is a posture.

Blogger Howard Stone March 06, 2018 5:23 AM  

There is no constitution on a battlefield. All is fair in love, war and politics.

Blogger Freddy March 06, 2018 5:26 AM  

He's teachable. We need allies to come aboard

Blogger The Lab Manager March 06, 2018 5:58 AM  

Civility is for saps. I have no problem telling people that few of my fellow 'Muricans have a life or property worth defending and I just assume send them to a concentration camp to be physically removed from society.

Blogger Uncle John's Band March 06, 2018 6:13 AM  

That posture not principles nature makes conservatives so incoherent. Moral "absolutists," but only about certain things, and without anything that conforms to a consistent moral code. The long exchange a few posts back with that parseltongued surrender-advocating husk about the "moral high ground" was interesting to read in this regard.

There is something Postmodern (née Satanic) in the conservative replacement of things with words - citing "conservative principles" and "moral high ground" instead of having consistent principles or a moral code, treating the sternly-worded opinion piece as direct action, using "True Conservative" to refer to the mutation of a fluid group that has reliably trailed trailed the progressive lead for over two centuries, etc.

It's almost as if these people stand for something other than what they claim...

OpenID zhukovg March 06, 2018 6:41 AM  

“In peace there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility; but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

William Shakespeare, Henry V

We are at war. A war no less deadly serious for the fate of Western Civilization than any fought since the days of Charles Martel.

Ad Victoriam!

--ZhukovG

Blogger Stilicho March 06, 2018 6:47 AM  

Cuckservatives are afraid to fight. They are cowards who will snark from the safety of their salons but will never take the risk of actually fighting because they might lose. If they just make snide comments from the sidelines, they can attempt to claim responsibility for victory and avoid responsibility for defeats. They would watch while the mob raped their wives and criticize them for not bringing roses, but they'd save their strongest criticism for a wife who resisted, claiming she's just like the rapists for resorting to violence.

Their calls for civility and "moral high ground" virtue signaling are just rationalizations for their own pacifism and pacifism is the last refuge of a coward.

Blogger Tatooine Sharpshooters' Club March 06, 2018 6:51 AM  

https://twitter.com/Jack0Spades/status/876226957469462528

OpenID markstoval March 06, 2018 7:03 AM  

I was talking with my Mother about how far we have fallen since the early 60s and how much better it was then. She corrected me by pointing out that the 50s were far better in many respects but especially culturally. She raised four boys in the 50s and 60s.

We must win for the children that are to come a few generations down the road. Will we leave a HELL that looks like a gay pride parade or will we leave a decent culture?

It is more "civil" to leave a good culture.

Blogger Stilicho March 06, 2018 7:10 AM  

Pacifism is the last refuge of a coward. Civility is the last refuge of a loser.

Snarking and virtue-signaling from the safety of the sidelines allows cuckservatives to falsely claim both credit for victory and avoid responsibility for defeat. At best they are cheerleaders who think they are in the game. At worst, they will watch while the mob rapes their wives and critique the mob for not bringing flowers while reserving their strongest criticism for wives who resist for being "just like" the mob.

Blogger JaimeInTexas March 06, 2018 7:16 AM  

How is this for civility?

The Gatweway Pundit reports that:
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/03/watch-speech-guns-virginia-senate-candidate-causes-democrat-walk-goes-massively-viral-online/

Speech by Virginia Delegate Nick Freitas ..
before the Virginia House of Delegates lead to many Democrats actually walking out and demanding a recess so that they could calm down because they were so outraged.

The Washington Post reports that after Democrats settled down, Del. Joseph Lindsey (D-Norfolk) told the House that “today, I have been offended as I can never recall since being a part of this body. And I have seen many of my colleagues emotionally shaken and bothered by either a lack of concern for facts or just simply playing to the cameras, I don’t know which.”

Here is video of Freitas' speech
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1575471789187997&id=706414369427081&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2Fplugins%2Fvideo.php&_rdr

Blogger Duke Norfolk March 06, 2018 7:17 AM  

Resident Moron™ wrote:I have to say though, I’m surprised he called it so accurately; he called them “leftist savages”.


Yeah, that's getting awfully close to being racisssss. Is Kurt almost there?

Blogger Stilicho March 06, 2018 7:20 AM  

Cuckservatives are gammas who think that aping the manners of gentlemen while getting pummeled will win them the affection of the girl. Meanwhile, the girl will be sleeping with the guy who kicked the cuckservative's ass while the cuckservative goes to ever greater lengths to display his false virtue because he thinks she must not have noticed his virtue while he was being beaten.

Trust me, she noticed.

Blogger Duke Norfolk March 06, 2018 7:21 AM  

Sherwood family wrote:This is what the individual wrote after I told him "conservatives" had conserved virtually nothing.

Yep, it's right out of the playbook. He's got the formula down pat. Many of us were there.

He's a good little Connie and won't be a problem for the left - at all.

It really is hard (now) to understand how he can't see the complete futility in this reasoning.

Blogger Sherwood family March 06, 2018 7:23 AM  

Some of this seems a generational thing. The gentleman I mentioned above is a Boomer. He seems incapable of understanding why Gen X, Millenials, and Gen Z are "freaking out."

He appears to think that we've got time to do this "the right way." He cannot see the demographic writing on the wall. He seems to think Hispanics are natural conservatives or something...mumble...mumble. (Despite every metric showing the opposite.)

This is it. If we don't fix it now with the tools of government at our disposal then the SHTF and we're into something a lot more serious than just a matter of civility.

Blogger Skyler the Weird March 06, 2018 7:26 AM  

Once the Left succeeds in banning and confiscating guns, school shootings will continue they will just get the same national coverage Black on Black shootings in Chicago and New Orleans get now.

Blogger Duke Norfolk March 06, 2018 7:26 AM  

Howard Stone wrote:There is no constitution on a battlefield. All is fair in love, war and politics.

Yes. Using the analogy of the British holding tight to their notions of gentlemanly warfare in the face of guerrilla tactics is sometimes useful to illuminate this whole thing.

Blogger Wild Ape March 06, 2018 7:27 AM  

I'm having fun on Facebook and Twitter now more than ever before. I chucked my conservative guilt and began speaking my mind and savaging friends of friends and even family. I've lost a lot of "friends" and I'm not the least bit unhappy. I've found a core of like minded warriors and I have to say that it is fun to storm a few libtards and give them a taste of point and shriek, deplatform, ban, etc. They go out of their freakin' minds. The ride will end, but my group is thinking about going to Austin to knock some heads at the next Antifa rally. After all, it is just a matter of time before I get booted from Facebook and Twitter.

Blogger Stilicho March 06, 2018 7:28 AM  

And because this touches on the "moral high ground" distraction, please note how it differs from the moral level of war:

Men will die for a colored rag because of what it symbolizes. That's the moral level of war;

Few or none will die for the proposition that their enemies should be allowed to criticize them without restriction. That's just "claiming the moral high ground".

Blogger Duke Norfolk March 06, 2018 7:32 AM  

Sherwood family wrote:all the places where conservatives have thwarted or blunted progressive initiatives

Another way to attack this:

Great, but you've also been moving consistently backwards the whole way; on a trajectory for Sodom & Gomorrah (if we're not already there).

It's no longer tenable to pretend what you're doing is useful. It's ceding ground continually and completely feckless.

Wake up man!

Blogger Duke Norfolk March 06, 2018 7:36 AM  

JaimeInTexas wrote:lead to many Democrats actually walking out and demanding a recess so that they could calm down because they were so outraged.

Amygdala trigger, FTW! Bomb their amygdalae, relentlessly. They'll either crawl away in defeat or turn to your side to assuage the mental pain.

Blogger Hammerli280 March 06, 2018 7:38 AM  

I would not say we are abandoning civility. We're making reprisals for the Left's lack of civility.

Civility is like the Laws of Land Warfare. Both contain the struggle to acceptable bounds and limit damage, especially to noncombatants. But they apply to both sides equally. The Left are the political equivalent of war criminals, violating the rules of civil discourse to gain an advantage. And we are therefore engaging in reprisals - precisely as allowed under the Laws of War.

If the Left doesn't like it, they always have the option of being civil. Unlikely, until they take some more beatings. But possible.

Blogger Uncle John's Band March 06, 2018 7:44 AM  

"Few or none will die for the proposition that their enemies should be allowed to criticize them without restriction. That's just "claiming the moral high ground".

Take a popular position, and reduce it to absurdity. The actions of conservatives are opposite to the the way of life they claim to want to conserve.

When was "civility" ever a traditional principle of American political discourse? There's some "conservatives are the real radicals" stuff here, if anyone actually cared enough about dialectic to work it out.

Blogger Daniel Paul Grech Pereira March 06, 2018 7:54 AM  

Stark, yet true. This is vendetta business: The left wants you dead.

Blogger McChuck March 06, 2018 7:55 AM  

The flak is always heaviest over the target.

Blogger Howard Stone March 06, 2018 8:01 AM  

I’ve been trying to red pill my father, a Vet, a boomer, and life long Dem. He told me he’s excited about the military parade and wants to go.

Blogger Quilp March 06, 2018 8:04 AM  

Yesterday's exchange reminded me that conservatives are in the game for one reason: to play the moral superiority game with progressives. What is the point of election victories other than winning the moral high ground. After winning that high ground in an election, well there is no reason to actually Do anything, that would be bad form.

I recall after Obama winning in 08, the conservative press meeting him for dinner @ George Will's home. They were breathless. They were proud to have our first black president. They were just as excited as the Progressives to have a real liberal in office, because American moral superiority. It was truly disgusting.

Blogger Dirk Manly March 06, 2018 8:21 AM  

"If the Left doesn't like it, they always have the option of being civil. Unlikely, until they take some more beatings. But possible."


Won't happen until they see their Antifa friends' heads getting transformed into pink mist.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan March 06, 2018 8:21 AM  

The man upthread is correct use the average leftists mental and emotional state weakness against them. IMO every liberal, leftist or radical has in their eyes the look of a person ready to snap, push them and then we will beat the civility back into them with rod and whip.

Blogger Dirk Manly March 06, 2018 8:25 AM  

That reminds me... I need to buy a whip. A real whip. The type used on horses, cattle, and misbehaving brats who key cars in Singapore.

Blogger Robert Divinity March 06, 2018 8:32 AM  

The word "conservative" has a talismanic quality for people such as Schlicter. That he has come to recognize others who embrace the term are frauds and liars is a step in the right direction but will he ever see the entire laughable *movement* is equally artificial? Quite likely not, but it is possible and best of luck to him.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan March 06, 2018 8:33 AM  

"Posturing" seems like damn good rhetoric for cuck bashing. "David French postures well on MSNBC, other than that a total zero." "Ben Shapiro all posture, zero effectiveness"

Blogger pdwalker March 06, 2018 8:43 AM  

but it must always be cast aside when dealing with savages and satanists

This. A thousand times this.

Why should the destroyers of civilization get the benefits of civilization? Clearly, they must not.

Civilized men should never tie their hands in the defense of what is right and good.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan March 06, 2018 8:50 AM  

A prime of example of posturing was brought to my attention at WRSA when a piece linked mentioned Rod Dreher. Yes Benedict Rod and his racket of keeping the nice white ladies calm so they transfer money into his pocket, the Scalzi of the right.

Blogger Dirk Manly March 06, 2018 8:57 AM  

@39

On that note, the original laws of land warfare (such as no raping and pillaging, leaving non-combatants alone, and no poisoning of wells and salting the earth) was an agreement (drawn up by some Christian religious figures of various factions) entered into by various regions within Europe, applied ONLY when fighting against other Christian opponents who also agreed to the same rules.

Against all others, delende este was still and option.

Blogger pyrrhus March 06, 2018 8:58 AM  

Civility is desirable as a polished veneer on your mailed fist of truth, nothing more.

Blogger ReluctantMessiah March 06, 2018 8:59 AM  

"Win with grace and style"

That's why the world is full of unicorns and rainbows right? So many gracious 3rd world nobles

Blogger tz March 06, 2018 9:29 AM  

You may love animals but when the coyotes, wolves, or mountain lions are attacking your flock, your only choice is to kill the predator.

We are not living under the constitution, and we must destroy the enemies in the most efficient way possible if we want it back (Quick test: is gold and silver the only acceptable money, or has there been an amendment authorizing congress to pick something else).

Civility is when the battle is argument using reason and evidence.

Right now we are in a deeper verbal battle that starts with rhetoric, but descends into invective and incitment because that is the battle field.

The next step will be violence.

Were I to do some kind of anime, it would start with a Buckley debate, but as the Buckley team scores points the opponents then start calling the right names and even accuses one of being a pedophile, then one goes there and punches Buckley in the face, all the while they try to keep the civil rational debate going while their opponents are screeching and their lips are swelling.

The Second Amendment is there because sometimes you need to get decidely uncivil to preserve civil rights.

This is also why I laugh at Libertarians when they say "state monopoly on the use of violence". No, they have my authorization for now (Though I'd return to Sheriff/deputies/posse in an instant), but I too am armed. What monopoly? Those libertarians never talk about guns or the second amendment and it is because they are totally ignorant of both weapons and the principles behind them. "I will shoot back" is my way to "enforce" the NAP.

Blogger NeoNietzsche: March 06, 2018 9:39 AM  

@7 "Gentleness is no virtue in a man lacking the capacity, the determination, or the intent for brutality. "Civil" manners learned to cover for lacking power are a poor facade, and not civil at all."

I love Jordan Peterson's take on morality:

Most people who are cowards disguise their cowardice as morality. And they claim that their harmlessness -- which is actually a consequence of their fear and inability to be harmful or dangerous -- is actually a sign of their moral integrity. And that's a really bad idea.
So, you know, if you're an axe murderer but you don't have an axe, that doesn't mean that you're moral.


and

If you're harmless you're not virtuous, you're just harmless; you're like a rabbit: a rabbit isn't virtuous, it just can't do anything except get eaten! That's not virtuous. If you're a monster, and you don't act monstrously, then you're virtuous.
You're a pushover. And you think that's good because you confuse harmlessness with morality.


and
Jordan Peterson: "Weak men can't be virtuous" 9 min.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWYrAU5mmXE

Blogger Uncle John's Band March 06, 2018 9:41 AM  

"Win with grace and style"

That must be True Conservative Winning he is talking about. It is scored in huzzahs and speaking engagements. Defining winning as observable impacts on the world is sinking to the Left's level.

Also, could defining your own goal as winning "with grace and style" be more cringeworthily gamma?

Blogger NeoNietzsche: March 06, 2018 9:58 AM  

@32 I’ve been trying to red pill my father, a Vet, a boomer, and life long Dem. He told me he’s excited about the military parade and wants to go.

Hey, I LOVE a parade too! And my guess is The Donald is trying to 'pull up' those of us who REMEMBER *American* parades, and our rusty, disused pride in displaying patriotism.

Wanna try to get the old Boomers up off the couch and NOTICING the disgusting displays of lefties? How BETTER to get the lefties to show what they are about than to wave a red, white, and blue FLAG in front of their bullish eyes!

(Try pointing your dad towards the lefties' desecration of "his" flag; and the abuse of his brothers in arms, and the evisceration of the military, and the end of our borders.)


(I may have mentioned this here before: if so, sorry:)
A couple decades ago, I went home from my Navy base for the Fourth weekend. (Oh, mom said, bring your uniform!) When we went downtown to get the paper, there was our little town's Fourth parade; and she had asked me to wear my uniform. So, we stood outside the paper store, in all the crowds out to support the FD and PD and Lions and Moose the high school marching band and so on...

I was in uniform, when the flag passed, I saluted. (If you're on the ballfield, you play the game!) After the second or third flag passing -- the folks across the street, who could see me, began to shut up when the flag passed, and go hand-over-heart. Then the folks NEAR me, seeing the folks across the street, began to do the same... And that old-timey 'display of respect' moved up and down the street from where one lone 'actor' stood.

Buy your dad an American flag to wave and TAKE him to the parade! Help him SEE what the media has never shown him.

Blogger Arthur Isaac March 06, 2018 10:13 AM  

The South Africans lost their culture war. At least they weren't incivil.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd March 06, 2018 10:26 AM  

Sherwood family wrote:And I quote: "The country is roughly evenly divided between (very broadly speaking) conservatives and progressives. It would be nice if conservatives were able to rule by fiat decree, but, alas!, the Constitution doesn't permit that.

Funny how the progs don't seem to have any constitutional problems with ruling by fiat decree. If it works for the progs, it will work better for us.

Conservatives accept that the constitution is a suicide pact, and darn it, abandoning a pact is just not the done thing. People might talk! We simply must march off politely to the killing fields.

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose ... conservative is just another word for loser.

Blogger Jack Amok March 06, 2018 10:35 AM  

Win with grace and style

Grace and style points are for girls gymnastics. Plus, they're awarded by judges, and the judges all either biased or bought off.

The folks saying this "civility" is really cowardice have it right. The problem with being rude enough to actually stop some barbarian from vandalizing your community is he might take a swing at you, and that could knock your bow tie seriously askew. Could even put a dent in your fedora.

Blogger Wynn Lloyd March 06, 2018 10:45 AM  

That's really insightful. A good way to anger/put in their place the SJWs in universities.

Blogger Wynn Lloyd March 06, 2018 11:01 AM  

This has such a strong parallel in contemporary Christian culture.
If you point out ANYTHING flawed in any of the VatII documents, or the Novus Ordo Mass, or even the abuses of the Novus Ordo, you're accused of "lacking charity." I'm guessing that for Protestants it's a similar situation, where stating clearly traditional Church doctrine, which has been believed for centuries, for example the theology of marriage, is considered tantamount to spitting in some loose woman's face and burning her at the stake, or something similar.
According to the majority of Neo-Catholics (and I'm guessing a lot of equally converged Protestant groups), you have to obsess over someone else's feelings, even if the truth is at stake.
These people would chastise the Savior for being uncharitable to the Temple Merchants.

Thus so many denominations end up falling to the left, just like our political culture.

Blogger CarpeOro March 06, 2018 11:14 AM  

Civility is entirely dependent on an interest in maintaining civilization. The Left have always worked to tear it down. That puts them outside of the bounds of civility, after all, their intent is to destroy all that enables it.

Blogger The Overgrown Hobbit March 06, 2018 11:36 AM  

Civility is a sterkarm handshake.

Blogger Hammerli280 March 06, 2018 11:51 AM  

@36 Dirk: A good bullwhip will cost you. David Morgan does great ones, but you'll pay the price of a good pistol for one.

As for a Singapore Slugger, they use a rattan cane. Approximately 1 cm x 100 cm, from the descriptions. Or get a Cold Steel Sjambok...which is a serviceable synthetic substitute.

Thinking about it, there's probably a market for a good gentleman's walking stick...the old sort that gentlemen used to chastise children and liberals.

Blogger tuberman March 06, 2018 11:54 AM  

33. Quilp,

Many of the surrender conservatives are in it for the money, and their paymasters are the enemy, and they know that the enemy is paying them. I'm talking all the pundits, especially the ones getting face time on the Mocking Media.

Yet it goes further, we have all those conservatives, such as in Utah, involved in illegal trafficking, and hiring illegals for their businesses, and etc. The Mormons and Mormon Church needs to be put under the microscope for likely payouts for trafficking in all sorts of illegals. It will be bad there, and many are profiting from this crap. This all creates this sort of conservative.

I'm just using the Mormons as an example here. There are many more, but these guys are some of the worst, most arrogant "principled" idiots around. The whole state stinks of NeverTrump dog crap.

"Follow the money," Every Time. The NWO ARE SJWs and they infiltrate everything, and it starts with getting a couple of their own in, and then bribe (hoards of faux money has been available, especially during O'Traitor's terms.

Those who have played, have to pay, including these "conservatives."

Blogger tuberman March 06, 2018 12:06 PM  

All the Christian Churches were targeted for infiltration, usually by women (stealth feminists), followed by huge bribes to keep the infiltrated churches going even after membership drops somewhat.

Legit churches decline and go by the wayside, and the one's that keep most of their membership and bend to the insane altruism for outsiders, get government bribes to profit. Win-win for the enemy.

Blogger DonReynolds March 06, 2018 12:17 PM  

Winning is not the most important thing....
it is the ONLY thing.

Vince Lombardi

Blogger Lance E March 06, 2018 12:41 PM  

Civility is: (a) descriptive, not normative, and (b) a relationship, not a behavior.

You cannot have a civil relationship with an uncivil (or uncivilized) person or group. It is complete nonsense to talk about civility as being part of some personal ethical code or political identity. In that context, it's just a euphemism for fear and cowardice.

Blogger DonReynolds March 06, 2018 12:57 PM  

The Leftist Progressives would like to choose their own enemies. They would prefer to have only the polite reactionary "gentlemen", the compromising RINOs, the surrender monkeys eager to avoid the final confrontation, those who fear for their wealth and position, and those more interested in the approval of the women. The Leftists WISH that was their only enemies.

But the fear in their hearts is what they know is the truth. They do not get to pick their enemies. Their enemies have picked them instead. The Leftists know who to fear and avoid because their real enemies are not gentlemen, they are not civil, they are not going to fight a war of words, there will be no debate, no banter, no screeching contest. They will be opposed by the Normies, the Daddys, the Patriots....family men with a stake in the community, who believe in the Rule of Law. The Leftists know they have to defeat the Bitter Clingers in order to win and the easy victories over the cucks and cowards will not win them anything but favorable press.

They also know that the numbers and the firepower are not on their side, so they will try to keep the contest from going hot as long as they can. They know what follows and they are in no hurry to bring the contest to a showdown.

Blogger peppermint88 March 06, 2018 1:46 PM  

It's within the past few years that the left has gone so nuts that no normal person could accept it. Gay pride was always evil, Harvey Milk was always a predator, but the media could cover it up and say the 15-20 year old men gays would predate on wanted it and were helped by it. Transsexualism for children can't be covered up and every leftist explicitly supports mutilating prepubescent children.

Blogger Wynn Lloyd March 06, 2018 6:05 PM  

Sucks to say this, but Catholics are no better in this area.
The bishops and their hatred of heritage America beats all I've seen.

Blogger Wynn Lloyd March 06, 2018 6:10 PM  

These churches have so many committees, headed by pushy women (who are needlessly pushy), the priests are wary of them. The committee yoga moms also seem to be fine with no men being in the church. It's ironic, but I've been in a church before that more gay guys that straight guys (a small parish in the Bible Belt, too), likely because the liturgy, theology, and politics are so extremely feminized a self-respecting man has no place there. Sad.

Blogger genbktrug March 06, 2018 6:44 PM  

"Be nice, until it's time not to be nice" - Dalton.

Seems that there "Nice" ship sailed 25 years ago.

Blogger David Davenport March 06, 2018 11:34 PM  

"Conservatives haven't achieved all they would like to have achieved, by any means."

Please tell us what self-described "conservatives" have achieved.

Blogger Were-Puppy March 07, 2018 12:56 PM  

@4 Sherwood family
Literally just finished an exchange with someone on this subject.
---

Every couple of weeks one Con or another will pop up and chastise me on Gab over a meme or something I say.

That "we can be better than that as conservatives".

It's really humorous.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts