ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2020 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Thursday, April 26, 2018

The myth of Jordan Peterson's integrity


yclepedbobali observes that Jordan Peterson not only cannot answer my critique in a for summarized by someone else, he is downright afraid of his readers encountering it and exposing his posturing on a subject he refuses to honestly address.
I'm a midwit, at very best. Just synthesising your arguments, with a little embellishment, blew his grand 'arithmetic triumph over the bucko Nazgul' into a million tiny leaves on the Canadian breeze.

He can publicise and flaunt his flawless victory over the lead comment, so 'representative' of the apparent poor intellectual stock of right wing thugs. Just another conspiracy theorist helpless before the isolate and trinity of that 'irrefutable' average IQ of 115, the bell curve tail distribution, and openness to experience and liberalism. But he knows, and he knows we know.

I see why no one debates you. Even a midwit like me becomes something formidable armed with your mental tools and pugilist approach.
Here is my articulated critique of Jordan Peterson's argument. First, I suggest reading Jordan Peterson's actual argument in full: "On the so-called Jewish Question" as well as his subsequent response to a critic who did a reasonable job of showing how Peterson's argument did not hold up given the population demographics. I linked to the archive as well as to his site because I anticipate Peterson will memory-hole it once he realizes how hapless and dishonest it makes him look to an unbiased reader. His argument is summarized as follows:
  1. One requires a victim and a perpetrator in order to play identity politics.
  2. The Far Right has chosen European culture as a victim due to its unrecognized resentment and cowardly and incompetent failure to deal with the world forthrightly, and have incorrectly selected the Jews as perpetrator due to Jewish overrepresentation in positions of authority, competence and influence. 
  3. Jewish people are overrepresented in positions of competence and authority because, as a group, they have a higher mean IQ.
  4. Jews have a mean IQ of 115.
  5. "40.8% of the 145+ IQ population is Jewish."
  6. "There is no evidence whatsoever that Ashkenazi Jews are over-represented in any occupations/interests for reasons other than intelligence and the associated effects of intelligence on personality and political belief. Thus, no conspiratorial claims based on ethnic identity need to be given credence."
Peterson's argument is not merely incorrect, literally every single aspect of it is false. It is so resolutely and demonstrably false that it is not possible for Jordan Peterson to have constructed it in innocence by mistake. In my opinion, it clearly represents a purposeful intent to deceive his audience and falsely accuse those he labels "the far right". My responses to those six points, with the numbers updated to reflect the most recent population demographics.
  1. One does not require a victim or a perpetrator in order to play identity politics. One does not need to be aware of identity politics or even to believe they exist to find oneself engulfed in them. To quote Lee Kwan Yew, “In multiracial societies, you don’t vote in accordance with your economic interests and social interests, you vote in accordance with race and religion.” All a society requires is multiracial, multiethnic, or multireligious components and identity politics will inevitably appear once the minority populations become sufficiently numerous or influential.
  2. European culture and the European nations are observably victims of mass immigration. This is a fact that is no more disputable than the fact that the indigenous American populations were victims of mass immigration in the 16th and 17th centuries and Asian populations were victims of colonization and imperialism in the 18th and 19th centuries. The perpetrators are, by definition, the immigrants, as well as those who worked to alter the various laws to permit the immigrants entry.
  3. Jews are not overrepresented in positions of competence and authority because, as a group, they have a higher mean IQ, because a) IQs over 145 do not tend to help, but rather tend to hinder, an individual's ability to attain such positions, and b) their higher mean IQ is not high enough to compensate for their much smaller population.
  4. Jews do not have an average mean IQ of 115. Globally, they have an average mean IQ that is a maximum of 103.2. In the US, where the percentage of high-IQ Ashkenazim is higher, they have a maximum average mean IQ of 105.1.
  5. Less than 4 percent of the 145+ IQ population in the USA is Jewish.
  6. Thus, conspiratorial claims based on ethnic identity remain a valid potential explanation for Jewish overrepresentation in positions of competence and authority. Jordan Peterson is at best an inept intellectual disputant, and at worst an intentional deceiver.
Now I will proceed to prove responses 3, 4, and 5 in detail. Response 6 follows naturally from them.

On point 3.

There is a linear relationship between intelligence and effective leadership, but only up to 120 IQ. This association reverses at IQ 120. This is primarily due to the IQ communication gap which prevents effective communication across 2 standard deviations (30 IQ points) of intelligence. This negative effect of high IQ is further compounded by the statistical exclusion of the cognitive elite from intellectually elite professions.

The probability of entering and remaining in an intellectually elite profession such as Physician, Judge, Professor, Scientist, Corporate Executive, etc. increases with IQ to about 133. It then falls about 1/3 by 140. By 150 IQ the probability has fallen by 97%! In other words, a significant percentage of people with IQs over 140 are being systematically and, most likely inappropriately, excluded from the population that addresses the biggest problems of our time or who are responsible for assuring the efficient operation of social, scientific, political and economic institutions.

Jordan Peterson's explanation for Jewish success is not only wrong, but, ironically, even if it had been factually based his argument would have proven precisely the opposite of that which he was attempting to demonstrate. The fact that Jews are overrepresented in positions of competence and authority is actually conclusive statistical evidence that their average mean IQ cannot be uniquely and extraordinarily high.

On point 4

The primary and oft-cited source of the "115 mean IQ" claim is the 1957 study by Boris Levinson entitled "The Intelligence of Applicants for Admission to Jewish Day Schools" published in Jewish Social Studies,Vol. 19, No. 3/4 (Jul. - Oct., 1957), pp. 129-140.

In the study, which reported a 114.88 mean IQ for the 2083 very young students sampled, the author duly noted its intrinsic limitations.

"This study is limited to applicants for Day Schools adhering to the principles of the National Commission for Yeshiva Education. This sampling does not claim to represent the entire Jewish school population or even those children attending yeshiva Day Schools with a different educational emphasis."

The 114.88 mean IQ did not represent the entire U.S. Jewish population in 1956 and therefore cannot possibly represent the entire U.S. Jewish population 61 years later. Furthermore, even if it did correctly represent the entire Jewish Ashkenazi population in the USA then, it would not do so now, due to the fact that what used to be a relatively pure Ashkenazi population is now 44 percent genetically adulterated by the mainstream population due to intermarriage. The current US population of 5,425,000 Jews is now made up of the following genetic groups:
  • 51.6 Ashkenazi
  • 40.6 Half-Ashkenazi, Half-European (Which really means three-quarters European ancestry.)
  • 07.8 Sephardic, Mizrahi, and other backgrounds
Remember, it's not the ethnic identity that magically conveys intelligence on an individual, intelligence is primarily a consequence of the individual's genetic ancestry. Even if individuals in the second category consider themselves to be every bit as Jewish as their immigrant Jewish grandparents in a cultural, ethnic, or religious sense, it is not true from a genetic perspective and the studies on mean Ashkenazi IQ therefore cannot apply to them. I suspect that this is an unintentional focus on identity instead of genetics on Peterson's part, (an ironic one, given his attack on identity politics), and it is a mistake that he makes it twice. Now, given that the 107.5 mean Ashkenazi IQ given by Lynn is at least possibly correct (unlike the false 115 claim which cannot be) and the 102 mean IQ for white Americans, we can reasonably estimate the Half-Ashkenazi mean IQ to be halfway between the two population groups, or 104.8.

Since the non-Ashkenazi Jewish mean IQ is somewhere between 84.2 (if A-IQ=115) and 91 (if A-IQ=107.5) given the reported average IQ of Israel being 95, this means that the maximum mean IQ of the U.S. Jewish population is 105.1, 3.1 points higher than the mean White IQ of 102 but below the reported mean East Asian-American IQ of 106.

On point 5

Peterson's claim that 40.8 percent of the 145+ IQ population in the USA is Jewish is not merely wrong, it is off by more than an order of magnitude! First, he omits the Asian and Black populations, second, he exaggerates the US Jewish population by 10 percent and fails to account for the fact that 48.4 percent of that population is either part-Ashkenazi or non-Ashkenazi, and third, he again makes the mistake of relying upon identity rather than genetics for the White population. Use of the White, Non-Hispanic population is not correct here, because the White Hispanic population is defined as being genetically white and therefore cannot be excluded from the relevant White population numbers.

With a mean IQ of 105.1 and a population of 5,425,000, the standard distribution curve indicates 21,158 Jews with 145+ IQs in the United States. In addition to this, the mean IQ of 102 for the White population of 246,660,710 indicates 517,987 Whites with 145+ IQs, plus another 31,913 equally high-IQ Chinese, Japanese, and Koreans resident in the United States.

Jews therefore account for 3.7 percent of the 145+ IQ set in the United States, not 40.8 percent of it. Jordan Peterson was off by more than an order of magnitude, his argument is completely incorrect, and his public charges of cowardice and "incompetent failure to deal with the world forthrightly" appear to be emotional projections of Peterson's own cowardice and incompetent failure.

On point 6

I do not know Jordan Peterson, but his incorrect and deceitful arguments and his unfair, unjustified attacks on his critics show him to be an inept and integrity-challenged coward who lacks commitment to the truth. The combination of his sudden success with his observable intellectual ineptitude suggests that he has been elevated by the mainstream media in order to provide a harmless, toothless, and non-Christian alternative to the failed conservative movement of William F. Buckley and the failed neoconservative movement of Bill Kristol and Ben Shapiro.

Labels: , ,

237 Comments:

«Oldest ‹Older 201 – 237 of 237
Blogger wreckage April 26, 2018 9:53 PM  

@198, thanks for the insight. I think the emphasis on intellect, and an expectation of being solid academic at the minimum and top-of-field fairly routinely is incredibly destructive to the Jewish psyche.

An average IQ of 105 is perfectly respectable and the foundation for a prosperous and creative people.

Not to harp on my favourite topic, but does the resentment of failing to reach this absurdly high benchmark (145) contribute to the politics of resentment and add to the attraction of Marxism; wherein the resentment is glorified and the verbal IQ edge translates directly to economic and social power?

In any case, in-group preference is nothing to be ashamed of, but when that turns into a twisted drive for dominance, it's a problem. In-person in-group preference is no more immoral than familial love; some degree of it is not merely tolerable but, in my opinion, morally preferred.

Justifying it by universalizing it via a victim mentality or sublimated/suppressed hatred of the host nation is the problem, and it is neatly solved of course, as you say, by a strong Jewish nation.

Blogger Unknown April 26, 2018 9:58 PM  

But we know they do. Because everyone at that high level of IQ is driven out of the elite professions.

That appears to be true though I suspect poor work ethics due to intellectual under-stimulation in childhood and poor social skills due to social isolation in childhood play a bigger part in this than what the IQ communication gap and institutional bias do in adulthood.

I realize that my original statement as it stands is also incorrect seeing as a higher average IQ implies a higher elite IQ assuming a normal distribution. What I was originally trying to say was that the IQ range at which one could effectively operate within a social organism would shift with the average IQ of that organism. So if Jews form their own organisms and if those organisms have an unusually high IQ so would the elite of that organism. Needless to say, the IQ above which one would suffer from intellectual under-stimulation and social isolation in childhood would also be higher allowing for better work ethics and social skills in adulthood. Not saying that Jews do have unusually high IQ though or that it is necessary to invoke it to explain their success. Just that if they do have an unusually high IQ it would be mildly conducive rather than detrimental to success within the context of a strong in-group preference.

Btw, in the book "Outliers" an attempt is made at explaining Jewish success on Wall Street. As far as I remember the author puts forth the argument that Jews occupied the initially insignificant niche market of litigation that later became a big thing in the corporate world for reasons nobody could have predicted. Of course, this is perfectly compatible with a strong in-group preference, but it is also an unpredictably fortunate turn of events for them.

Blogger Avalanche April 26, 2018 10:06 PM  

@119 "As for the JQ ... Peterson is no fool and understands the culture wars. He knows he has lots of enemies and is already dancing on a knife blade. Watch some of his media interviews. The last thing he needs to do ... is take on the jews. So he panders to them ... to not take on additional enemies."

BINGO! And you just reminded me of my oft-repeated defense of Jared Taylor, against the folks who get bitter towards him because he oh-so-delicately AVOIDS the JQ.

Fighting the JQ is NOT his path in this world! He is the "entry-level-drug" to what we know. Until you come to see negros and mexies and the swamping of White Western culture AS a weapon being used against us, you cannot EVER consider WHO is holding the other end of the weapon!

Jared brings hundreds of people 'to us' -- and to bitch against him because he doesn't bring them all is ... you know... shooting rightward! NOT all the people he awakens to the truth of black violence or mexican child raping or such-like, CAN go further and actually come all the way awake. But AT LEAST they come far enough to stop being a tripping hazard to those of us who ARE awake!

We will have to watch (and help!) Peterson to see if he IS capable of correcting his blind spot(s); but even-still, he is serving our young men to start! We don't throw young men into battle their first day; we hand them off to drill sergeants for training. Peterson is running 'wake-up boot camp' for our young men. Is he giving them partial training? Yes. But is that not better than NO training?

Blogger Avalanche April 26, 2018 10:15 PM  

@131 VD: "If it is true, as one commenter implied, that he has publicly declared that he will not debate anyone from the far right, then he is not honest."

I believe that is wrong-- he has in fact DEFENDED that he has spoken to folks on the Right; he says he will talk to anyone who will talk to him -- and the screaming idiot lefties (MY term, not his, obviously) will NOT speak with him.

(Clearly, not ENOUGH people on the Right, and I suppose he considers Dave Rubin and Steve Crowder to be "on the Right... but he may not had the chance to speak with actual Alt Right folks. I LOVE the idea of Stefan moderating a Vox / Jordan talk -- what an amazing thing THAT would be to witness!)

Blogger Avalanche April 26, 2018 10:37 PM  

@169 "I never understood his sudden surge in popularity."

It was neither sudden nor unexpected (well, perhaps the depth of vitriol was unexpected). Jordon testified before the Candaian Parliment AGAINST their idiot law FORCING him (and all Canadians) to use made-up socialist-activist designed "pronouns" for not just trannies but for anyone who wants to declare themselves something. It's a VERY good testimonial, and I comment it to you.

Whole thing (an hour):
2017/05/17: Senate hearing on Bill C16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnIAAkSNtqo

Excerpt (20 min. -- worth it!):
Jordan Peterson on Bill C-16: This Legislation is Reprehensible
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN3clJBg4h0

Blogger Avalanche April 26, 2018 10:43 PM  

@179 "Must be tough pulling in North of +100k a month with YouTube, Patreon, books, speaking engagements etc... sounds real "risky" and life threatening."

You jealous? Or are you ALSO one who thinks Peterson is a time traveler who KNEW BEFORE he publicly stood up to the govt and to raving screaming threatening socialists that he'd NOT end up driven from his job and career -- but would instead be supported by people who appreciate him and WISH to support him?

Horse before cart, eh?! He threw himself on the Canadian legal grenade LONG before there were "followers" who send him money and buy his books.

Blogger Avalanche April 26, 2018 10:59 PM  

(Oh, and no I don't send Peterson money. I value what he does for our young men, but he's WAY too far left for me -- I send money to Vox Day and occasional contributions to Jared Taylor and Steve Sailer and Paul Kersey and the Derb... I support our future when and as I can. Peterson is NOT our future; but he is doing good work for our side.)

Blogger Ariadne Umbrella April 26, 2018 11:02 PM  

#148, That was the funniest thing I've read all day! Thank you

Blogger Avalanche April 26, 2018 11:04 PM  

Jordan Peterson - "Why Jews Are So Successful | 2018 Lafayette Q&A" 7 min.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQHH6o9ual8

Jordan Peterson talks about why Jews are so successful in the world and why Jewish people are over-represented in positions of power.

Blogger tublecane April 26, 2018 11:20 PM  

@191- If you look at where Jews stereotypically excel, most of the fields require what they call "high verbal ability": writers, entertainers, lawyers, agents, politicians, wheeler-dealers, etc. Ultra-high intelligence would definitely have drawbacks there.

On the other hand, they're also into high finance, medicine, and science. But I'd like to see how they are distributed across different subspecialties. For instance, how likely are they to be isolated in labs doing medical research compared to interacting with people as doctors?

Blogger The Critical G April 27, 2018 12:47 AM  

wreckage wrote:


@198, thanks for the insight. I think the emphasis on intellect, and an expectation of being solid academic at the minimum and top-of-field fairly routinely is incredibly destructive to the Jewish psyche.

An average IQ of 105 is perfectly respectable and the foundation for a prosperous and creative people.

Agreed.



Not to harp on my favourite topic, but does the resentment of failing to reach this absurdly high benchmark (145) contribute to the politics of resentment and add to the attraction of Marxism; wherein the resentment is glorified and the verbal IQ edge translates directly to economic and social power?



Until JPB's outburst, I had never heard of Jews having an IQ anywhere near that — we're brought up to believe that we're smart people, but no-one puts a number on it. More than anything else, we're told that a "yiddishe kop" is good at solving problems.

Accordingly, I don't think the infamous Jewish attraction to Marxism is due to the failure to reach this absurdly high benchmark. Instead, I believe the attraction to egalatarianism, multiculturalism, and all other ideologies that sideline blood and soil are an expression of the irreconcilable conflict between wanting to fit in and wanting to remain Jewish. But this applies to most other European immigrant groups as well — southern Europeans, eastern Europeans, etc.
Here in Australia, I see exactly the same rubbish spouted by non-Anglo Europeans. (Italians, Greeks, eastern Europeans, etc) They love to mock Anglos for having no culture and boring food, and LOVE LOVE LOVE the vibrant immigrants flooding in every year.
The European immigrants took a wrecking ball to the Anglo-Celtic character of Australia, and are generally very proud of promoting all the forms of "tolerance" we on the right find so nauseating. In that respect, Jews are really the most prominent and (I am sad to say) the most toxic of incompatible European immigrants in Anglophonic countries.

Does that make sense to you?



In any case, in-group preference is nothing to be ashamed of, but when that turns into a twisted drive for dominance, it's a problem. In-person in-group preference is no more immoral than familial love; some degree of it is not merely tolerable but, in my opinion, morally preferred.



That's why I make an effort at every opportunity to remind Anglos of their heritage and show them that it's OK to be tribal.



Justifying it by universalizing it via a victim mentality or sublimated/suppressed hatred of the host nation is the problem, and it is neatly solved of course, as you say, by a strong Jewish nation.



Ultimately, Israel is where I will go. While I'm here, I'll do my best to encourage whites to show the same in-group preference to their own people as Jews do to each other. I don't hold high hopes for Australia though, I think it's a lost cause.

Blogger tublecane April 27, 2018 1:24 AM  

@211- Anglos (one of which I am not, though I am from parts of Germany that are close) should try at least going back to early modern civilization, of not tribalism. Because there is broad middleground between the tribe and pathological altruism.

Blogger Unknown April 27, 2018 1:53 AM  

Accordingly, I don't think the infamous Jewish attraction to Marxism is due to the failure to reach this absurdly high benchmark. Instead, I believe the attraction to egalatarianism, multiculturalism, and all other ideologies that sideline blood and soil are an expression of the irreconcilable conflict between wanting to fit in and wanting to remain Jewish. But this applies to most other European immigrant groups as well — southern Europeans, eastern Europeans, etc.

It is highly ironic that you, who are Jewish, give the unequivocal Jewish orientation towards the left a leftist non biological explanation. It is blatantly obvious that Jews, like all other tribal groups, are biologically hardwired towards the left. Leftism is a primitive pre-civilized trait that only can rise and fall through selective pressures exerted on the gene pool.

Blogger N Matheson April 27, 2018 2:11 AM  

@33 Unlike Tommy Robinson Farage? What planet are you on?

Blogger The Critical G April 27, 2018 2:46 AM  

Arvid E wrote:


It is highly ironic that you, who are Jewish, give the unequivocal Jewish orientation towards the left a leftist non biological explanation. It is blatantly obvious that Jews, like all other tribal groups, are biologically hardwired towards the left. Leftism is a primitive pre-civilized trait that only can rise and fall through selective pressures exerted on the gene pool.


I'm going to be charitable and assume that you do not understand the following, rather than assume that you are less than honest in your argument:

(1) You do not understand what unequivocal means.
(2) You do not understand that my answer is all about biological hardwiring.
(3) Swedes — both in Sweden and America — and other such Europeans are not a "tribal" group, but they have proven very receptive to Leftism, so be careful what kind of arguments you push, my friend.

I suspect the reason you jumped the gun is that I point out that Jews are not unique in this regard, and that any self-aware group collectively supports policies that give it access to social and political capital. It's as unpleasant for you to hear this as it was for me to accept the truth about the irreconcilable incompatibility of Jews in Christian societies, so we're in the same boat.

If Jews were left-wing BOTH in Israel AND the West, then you would have a point. However, the Left has not enjoyed a comfortable majority in Israel since the 1970s, and the country is in fact getting even more right-wing with each election cycle. The Israeli Left has been reduced to a tiny enclave in north Tel Aviv and a few wealthy settlements; the rest of the country, Ashkenazi, Mizrahi, and Russian are overwhelmingly right-wing. Except for the Arabs, who do seem to be genetically hardwired for communism.

Therefore, the Jewish orientation towards the left is not unequivocal, but is in fact the opposite of unequivocal, i.e. HIGHLY QUALIFIED:
(A) In the West, the Jewish orientation to the Left is overwhelming.
(B) In Israel, the Jewish orientation to the Right is overwhelming.

Therefore, the most logical explanation to my mind is a combination of:
(1) GENETICS: Jews are hardwired to wish to remain Jews, historically even in the face of death and persecution, an irrational instinct observable even in today's most atheistic anti-Israel anti-semitic Leftist Jews.
(2) GENETICS: In irrational desire to belong to the out-group, which probably has more to do with wishing to elevate one's SMV than anything else.
(3) CULTURE: Contraction of the uniquely Western disease of universal egalatarianism.

I make a prediction, which I hope to be tested one day: if the Western Jews migrated en masse to Israel, most of them would become right-wing nationalists. This is exactly what happened in Israel, and I bet you it would happen again.

Again, to be fair to you, there is a difference between Jews and "Europeans", as we call them in Australia: after a couple of generations, those same "Europeans" have been completely deracinated, no longer speak their ancestors' languages, and are indistinguishable from the neutered and deracinated Anglos, whereas Jews remain ethnically and culturally very much in the ghetto.

Countries founded by Englishmen should not have taken in large numbers of anyone not entirely compatible, including Jews and (to your chagrin) many other whites who also brought with them traditional Continental European proclivities.

Blogger The Critical G April 27, 2018 2:51 AM  

tublecane wrote:@211- Anglos (one of which I am not, though I am from parts of Germany that are close) should try at least going back to early modern civilization, of not tribalism. Because there is broad middleground between the tribe and pathological altruism.

That's a fair point. What I get at when I speak to Anglos in this country is something as simple as "It's OK to be white". For most of the people I speak to, it's a revelation that other groups actually have an in-group preference and that they too are allowed to prefer their own kind, so I'm really planting seeds more than anything else.

But, yes, point taken — it would be a return to commonsense, if such a thing be possible these days.

Blogger SAVANT April 27, 2018 3:54 AM  

"Why would that be so important?"

Well apart from losing his job and being disappeared fro Jewtube I can't think of any....

Blogger wreckage April 27, 2018 4:02 AM  

@211; makes perfect sense to me, yes, and the rest of your argument is one that I've made myself.

In the end, immigration beyond a low and steady level, ie, immigration viewed as a policy positive, inevitably ends up being a denigration of the host nation; after all, if it weren't inferior, immigration would be a tolerable necessity at best.

When my German ancestors came to Australia they forcefully rejected Germany, German, and German-ness. They refused to speak German, refused to refer to themselves as German, and adopted local custom in every respect. This is what a humble and sincere person should do if they genuinely wish to be part of something new.

On the other hand, if they wish to preserve and honour their own, well then they should do that with a whole heart as well.

Ultimately the obsession with a melting-pot, polyglot, multi-cultural planet has an outcome of universal cultural genocide. It's horrible.

And part of it is outright consumerism; who cares if the cultures all disappear, as long as I get access to a bit of them, cheaply, right now?

Just imagine, if all those Armenians hadn't died, been displaced, and had their religion and community shattered, I wouldn't have this darling little Armenian restaurant in easy walking distance! Truly, God uses evil for even greater good!

Blogger Unknown April 27, 2018 7:02 AM  


(1) You do not understand what unequivocal means.
(2) You do not understand that my answer is all about biological hardwiring.
(3) Swedes — both in Sweden and America — and other such Europeans are not a "tribal" group, but they have proven very receptive to Leftism, so be careful what kind of arguments you push, my friend.

(A) In the West, the Jewish orientation to the Left is overwhelming.
(B) In Israel, the Jewish orientation to the Right is overwhelming.


1. Or perhaps you use different definitions of right and left.

2. Your statement "an expression of the irreconcilable conflict between wanting to fit in and wanting to remain Jewish" could be taken straight out of sociology lecture. Biology? Nah.

3. Nowhere do I state that a ethnic tribal identity is a necessary condition for being inclined towards the left. Nevertheless, the political climate in Sweden has deep biological roots.
* A large proportion of the population descend from thralls - the main commodity during the infamous viking age.
* All freedom lovers and adventurers have left the country. This process probably started 1500 years ago. People don't stay and fight for their freedom unless they have no other choice.
* Women, who are genetically predisposed towards leftism, have formed a tribe in Sweden.
* 30% of the population work in the public sector so their allegiance is bought by the state.
* 15-25%, depending on what year you look at, of the population aged 20-64 are on wellfare meaning they are also bought by the state.

B. Being nationalist is not a sufficient condition for being right wing. Or do you mean that Jews in Israel overwhelmingly want small government, low taxes, private healthcare, private schools, and to administer justice with their own hands?

Blogger Avalanche April 27, 2018 7:49 AM  

@218 "When my German ancestors came to Australia they forcefully rejected Germany, German, and German-ness. They refused to speak German, refused to refer to themselves as German, and adopted local custom in every respect. This is what a humble and sincere person should do if they genuinely wish to be part of something new.

On the other hand, if they wish to preserve and honour their own, well then they should do that with a whole heart as well."

You left out "they should do that with a whole heart" IN THEIR OWN LAND!

Immigrating into someone ELSE'S society, and then refusing to participate IN THE SOCIETY of the people who built that society, is invasion not immigration. If you WISH to remain German, then STAY in Germany! What possible 'excuse' could there be to 'move into someone else's house' -- yet refuse to 'act like' (and eventually become) family?!

Blogger The Critical G April 27, 2018 8:08 AM  

I think I know why you're itching for a fight, but you'll have to get your satisfaction elsewhere.

Arvid E wrote:
2. Your statement "an expression of the irreconcilable conflict between wanting to fit in and wanting to remain Jewish" could be taken straight out of sociology lecture. Biology? Nah.


I already clarified this for you. Let it go.


3. Nowhere do I state that a ethnic tribal identity is a necessary condition for being inclined towards the left. Nevertheless, the political climate in Sweden has deep biological roots...


I already agreed with you. Let it go.


1. Or perhaps you use different definitions of right and left...

B. Being nationalist is not a sufficient condition for being right wing. Or do you mean that Jews in Israel overwhelmingly want small government, low taxes, private healthcare, private schools, and to administer justice with their own hands?


American-style libertarian is not the One and True definition of right-wing, otherwise no-one is right-wing anymore.

Go find someone else to be offended by; otherwise, let it go.

Blogger Oscar April 27, 2018 8:21 AM  

Thanks VD for another good post.

I was until recently must in line with the JBP message but his complete massacre of the JQ question toppled it for me. As JBP fails to put sources to his data in his post could I ask you not to make the same mistake? I would like to know where your data comes from.

Blogger VD April 27, 2018 9:19 AM  

As JBP fails to put sources to his data in his post could I ask you not to make the same mistake? I would like to know where your data comes from.

What do you think this is? The 1957 study by Boris Levinson entitled "The Intelligence of Applicants for Admission to Jewish Day Schools" published in Jewish Social Studies,Vol. 19, No. 3/4 (Jul. - Oct., 1957), pp. 129-140.

As for the rest, I actually did the math. So, no, I can't give you the source. Look up the inputs and do it yourself.

Blogger wreckage April 27, 2018 11:03 AM  

@220, You're quite right, and I left it out because it's superfluous. This one example is close to my heart: how can one preserve and honour the ancestral culture in a different landscape? Culture is in part a tremendously slow conversation between mind, genetics and landscape; and each is changed by the other. In moving to another land, you abandon your part in that and become something else. In one sense, unless you go back, you haven't survived genocide, you've capitulated to it.

Blogger tublecane April 27, 2018 2:50 PM  

@220- Of course, that's what was so sticky about the Jewish Question back when. They had no homeland to which they could return. The choice was between assimilation and losing themselves, remaining aliens, or finding some sort of compromise.

Or Zionism, obviously.

Blogger Th3 J3st3r April 27, 2018 4:53 PM  

I had a sneaking suspicion that Peterson would fall, just based on his "caveat" personality.
Thanks for pointing it out. Every evisceration performed by the Dark Lord strengthensaid my hope!

Blogger Unknown April 27, 2018 11:08 PM  

American-style libertarian is not the One and True definition of right-wing, otherwise no-one is right-wing anymore.

It is true that you don't need to tick all the boxes to belong to the right but nationalism is not even a box on the list. Nationalism is simply a consequence of a tribe adopting a settled life style on inheritable land upon which the members of the tribe feed. An agrarian society tied together by blood and soil. And Christianity is the only Abrahamic religion that has any place in such a society. You need to look no further than the meat to see this. Jews and Muslims are forbidden to eat pigs whereas Christians are not. The pig is the one and true stock of the settled mode of sustenance requiring little land surface to thrive. Judaism and Islam do not condemn it for hygienic reasons, they condemn it because it is antithetical to the nomadic life style that these religions are part and parcel of.

This is also why nationalism has been dissolving in the West since the mid 20th century. Not because people no longer go to Church but because their mode of sustenance is no longer tied to the soil.

Anonymous Anonymous April 28, 2018 12:55 AM  

Resident Moron™ wrote:He doesn't have to do anything.
He may not have the option of doing nothing, or didn't see any way to exercise that option.  And of course, once he has responded that bell cannot be un-rung.

:But if he wants respect he has to be honest. And as he himself says, being honest might be hard sometimes but its a lot easier than living with yourself as a liar.
Peterson is in much the same situation as PZ Myers.  Myers knows that HBD is inevitable.  He knows it, because his lectures cover things like traits changed radically in expression in just a few generations of selection pressure.  But he can't admit that this applies to humans without throwing himself straight into the radical-egalitarian SJW meatgrinder.  That pressure has obviously worn heavily on him.

Give these people some pity.  They deserve it.  Reserve your hate for the hordes of SJW robots who give them no alternatives.

Anonymous Anonymous April 28, 2018 12:59 AM  

VD wrote:Would anyone here fear to call me on something like that? I would hope not.
Only because there is so little at stake.  I have seen several examples of you not taking it well.

Blogger Dirk Manly April 28, 2018 3:17 AM  

@165

"Most of the Mensans I've met are flaming liberals, and honestly did not impress me with their intelligence."

MENSA is for midwits to use low-hurdle credentialism to get a piece of paper from the Wizard, so they can wave it around at people much smarter than themselves, and say, "See, it says RIGHT HERE that I really am smrt. And you don't have one! That means I'm smrter than you!"

Credentialism cannot be killed quickly enough.

Blogger Dirk Manly April 28, 2018 3:24 AM  

@176

"You are doing the same thing the Conservatives do. Because someone does not pass your purity test you are shitting on them.

JP gets the benefit of the doubt."


How are Peterson's actions against anyone telling the truth about the IQ situation (scrubbing their comments from comment areas, etc.) any different from Buckley "reading" the John Birch Society out of conservatism? And then Buchanan? And his successors doing the same to Ann Coulter?

Blogger Thomas Howard April 30, 2018 1:20 AM  

@voxday Out of curiosity,does the stated average Israeli IQ of 95 include the population of 84 IQ Jordanians/Arabs who live in Israel?

Blogger The Critical G April 30, 2018 5:27 AM  

Thomas Howard wrote:@voxday Out of curiosity,does the stated average Israeli IQ of 95 include the population of 84 IQ Jordanians/Arabs who live in Israel?

Yes. The average of 95 comes from tests recorded 2002-2006

I wonder whether 95 is a low-ball figure, but even if it were 105, @VD's argument would remain just as strong.

Anonymous Anonymous April 30, 2018 10:00 AM  

I don't think that reluctance of Jordan Peterson to answer JQ has anything to do with his intellectual integrity.

It takes specific psychological makeup to even think that JQ is somehow important. Maybe he just has a different psychological makeup and it's not important to him? There is no universal set of questions that everybody should bother with, and one's relative indifference to the question is not a sign of cowardliness.

For me, personally, JQ infers interesting contradiction. Since it assumes that powerful Jewish minority holds prestigious positions as a result of some sort of conspiracy, one can always ask what prevents a smart minority of Whites to create a similar conspiracy to overturn it?

I can even tell you how to do it, it would be quite simple. One can become Jewish through conversion. Granted, first generation converts are treated suspiciously, but after a second generation or so nobody is asking about your detailed ancestry, only in case of marriage within a very small group of observant Jews who are scrupulous in following halacha. (it works both ways of course, as many Jews converted to Christianity, and the traces of their Jewish ancestry are not easy to uncover).

With enough determination JQ if true would be irrelevant within a generation. BTW After overturning the conspiracy there is no need to pretend that you are Jewish anymore. What does it even take to pretend that you are Jewish these days? You can be blond, tall, muscular and still Jewish. You don't have to pray like a Jew, eat kosher, or even marry a Jewish person. You can be an atheist faggot that eats shrimps with pork every day.

Oh, I understand, converting to Judaism would be just too much to bear for the reasons of personal integrity. How about forming equivalent super secret tribe of highly intelligent Whites that support each other? Tell me please, what stops Whites to form a powerful conspiracy. It's not lack of IQ, because even if the estimates of Jewish IQ were correct, and we can all agree that they are most likely incorrect, due to overwhelming numbers genius Whites can just drown out any conspiracy of Jews. Or can't they? What stops them? I'm asking seriously. What is it? Disgust with conspiracies? Aversion to secret cabals? Inability to cooperate?

Yes, I think Jordan Peterson as every intelligent person knows that Jewish Question is one of many simple tricks used to prevent oneself of seeing one's blind spots, and to explain why one doesn't meet his own unrealistic expectation.

Blogger VD May 01, 2018 4:18 AM  

I don't think that reluctance of Jordan Peterson to answer JQ has anything to do with his intellectual integrity.

That's ridiculous. Stop trying to excuse the man's obvious failings.

Blogger Unknown May 13, 2018 12:34 PM  

I just had another listen to Peterson answering questions on the IQ data. He stated that the average European Jewish IQ was somewhere between 110 and 115. Considering that he has studied IQ extensively for years, it is certain that he has worked with far more data over time this Vox blogger that thinks Wikipedia reliably has accurate information.

Blogger Unknown October 04, 2018 1:09 AM  

Hey Vox,

Peterson also overlooked the fact that the average IQ of millionaires and billionaires isn't 145, it's 118 and 133.
https://jordanbpeterson.com/psychology/on-the-so-called-jewish-question/#comment-4127308546

Dr. Peterson has presented this information in a way that appears to be coherent or complete but he's framed it under the assumption that in order to be a millionaire or billionaire one must possess an IQ of 145. This is blatantly false.

https://pumpkinperson.com/2...

>SELF-MADE MILLIONAIRES: Mean IQ of 118 (U.S. norms); IQ 117 (U.S. white norms)
>SELF-MADE DECAMILLIONAIRES: Mean IQ of 118 (U.S. norms); IQ 117 (U.S. white norms)
>SELF-MADE BILLIONAIRES: Mean IQ 133 (U.S. norms); IQ 132 (U.S. white norms)
>SELF-MADE DECABILLIONAIRES: Mean IQ 151 (U.S. norms); IQ 151 (U.S. white norms)

He should re-do his analysis with readily available information on the wealthy demographics that he is making assumptions about. Assumptions are to be eliminated whenever possible.

He should also keep in mind that there likely isn't a large enough population with respect to billionaires/decabillionaires to come to statistically sound conclusions, i.e. likely confounders that would make it hard to simply aggregate all billionaires/decabillionaires into a single pool, e.g. mathematicians and physics geniuses are likely high IQ but their limited professions likely don't make them billionaires.

«Oldest ‹Older 201 – 237 of 237

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts