ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Torn between truth and identity

John Derbyshire is frustrated with geneticist David Reich's one-step-forward, two-steps-back routine in Who We Are and How We Got Here.
It is plain from the evidence, amply presented in this book, that many—perhaps most—of the “mixture” events Prof. Reich urges us to “embrace” in fact involved one group of human males killing off another group’s males and mating with their females.

Does Prof. Reich really expect males from that second group to “embrace” their annihilation?

The last three chapters of Who We Are are marbled with incoherent gibberish like this, punctuated with shamefully gratuitous insults to more honest and brave human-science writers like Wade, Cochran, the late Henry Harpending, and even the great James Watson.

What makes it all very odd is that these preposterosities and insults are interleaved with commendably frank statements about the reality of biological race differences, e.g.

If selection on height and infant head circumference can occur within a couple of thousand years, it seems a bad bet to argue that there cannot be similar average differences in cognitive or behavioral traits.

Reich’s lurching between PC pablum and honest race realism left this reader feeling positively dizzy. Why is the book like this? The most charitable explanation: Prof. Reich believes he needs to do the signaling in order to preserve his funding.
It is more than a bit bizarre, as are Reich's regular digressions into Jewish history, the myth of Jewish intelligence, and various other Jewish minutiae that have literally nothing to do with the science of ancient human DNA that is the nominal topic of the book. Reich is a serious and accomplished scientist, but as Derb points out, he lacks the basic literary competence of science popularizers like Dawkins and Wade, and he is almost astonishingly nasty and unfair to Wade as well as James Watson. That being said, Reich does step firmly, if not fully, away from the blank slate theory and leaves the anti-racist anthropologists without a single scientific leg to stand on. From Chapter 11, The Genomics of Race and Identity:
Beginning in 1972, genetic arguments began to be incorporated into the assertions that anthropologists were making about the lack of substantial biological differences among human populations. In that year, Richard Lewontin published a study of variation in protein types in blood.7 He grouped the populations he analyzed into seven “races”—West Eurasians, Africans, East Asians, South Asians, Native Americans, Oceanians, and indigenous Australians—and found that around 85 percent of variation in the protein types could be accounted for by variation within populations and “races,” and only 15 percent by variation across them. He concluded: “Races and populations are remarkably similar to each other, with the largest part by far of human variation being accounted for by the differences between individuals. Human racial classification is of no social value and is positively destructive of social and human relations. Since such racial classification is now seen to be of virtually no genetic or taxonomic significance either, no justification can be offered for its continuance.”

In this way, through the collaboration of anthropologists and geneticists, a consensus was established that there are no differences among human populations that are large enough to support the concept of “biological race.” Lewontin’s results made it clear that for the great majority of traits, human populations overlap to such a degree that it is impossible to identify a single biological trait that distinguishes people in any two groups, which is intuitively what some people think of when they conceive of “biological race.”

But this consensus view of many anthropologists and geneticists has morphed, seemingly without questioning, into an orthodoxy that the biological differences among human populations are so modest that they should in practice be ignored—and moreover, because the issues are so fraught, that study of biological differences among populations should be avoided if at all possible. It should come as no surprise, then, that some anthropologists and sociologists see genetic research into differences across populations, even if done in a well-intentioned way, as problematic. They are concerned that work on such differences will be used to validate concepts of race that should be considered discredited. They see this work as located on a slippery slope to the kinds of pseudoscientific arguments about biological difference that were used in the past to try to justify the slave trade, the eugenics movement to sterilize the disabled as biologically defective, and the Nazis’ murder of six million Jews.

The concern is so acute that the political scientist Jacqueline Stevens has even suggested that research and even emails discussing biological differences across populations should be banned, and that the United States “should issue a regulation prohibiting its staff or grantees…from publishing in any form—including internal documents and citations to other studies—claims about genetics associated with variables of race, ethnicity, nationality, or any other category of population that is observed or imagined as heritable unless statistically significant disparities between groups exist and description of these will yield clear benefits for public health, as deemed by a standing committee to which these claims must be submitted and authorized.”

But whether we like it or not, there is no stopping the genome revolution. The results that it is producing are making it impossible to maintain the orthodoxy established over the last half century, as they are revealing hard evidence of substantial differences across populations.
It's not a good book. But it is a useful one that may well point the way towards better-written, more intellectually coherent books in the future.

Labels:

42 Comments:

Blogger Michael Maier April 25, 2018 12:40 PM  

Well... if (((they))) do not make it illegal to do so first.

Blogger Resident Moron™ April 25, 2018 12:42 PM  

The reflexive authoritarianism of people convinced of their own righteousness is a constant of human affairs.

It’s like the first thing they memory-holef was the warning about becoming what you fight.

Prevent new nazis by establishing a central committee to whom everyone must bow.

Bloody hell - do they ever listen to themselves? [/rhetorical]

Blogger Johnny April 25, 2018 1:05 PM  

Considering the progress that has been made when both observation and unbiased interpretation are applied, I find it remarkable how easily it is abandoned. And what is also remarkable is how many people think a holy cause is imposing their view on what would otherwise be objective research

Blogger SB Wright April 25, 2018 1:32 PM  

"The reflexive authoritarianism of people convinced of their own righteousness is a constant of human affairs.

It’s like the first thing they memory-holef was the warning about becoming what you fight.

Prevent new nazis by establishing a central committee to whom everyone must bow.

Yeah, but this time we're going to use SCIENCE! to get the right people on the committee. That scientific method thing that I love works for that, right?

Blogger Colin Flaherty's baby momma April 25, 2018 2:09 PM  

Remember goyz, only a stupid uneducated ignorant inbred redneck hillbilly white trash would believe in differences between the races, because of their penis size insecurity. The only difference is color of the skin. You know it's true because the smartest people ever, the jews, told us so.

James Watson, Nobel Prize scientist for discovering DNA
"I am inherently gloomy about the prospect of Africa [because] all our social policies are based on the fact that their intelligence is the same as ours—whereas all the testing says not really." He went on to say that despite the desire that all human beings should be equal, "people who have to deal with black employees find this not true."
Nobel Laureate Dr James Watson - "There is no firm reason to anticipate that the intellectual capacities of peoples geographically separate in their evolution should prove to have evolved identically. Our wanting to reserve equal powers of reason, as some universal heritage of humanity will not be enough to make it so."


William Shockley, Stanford professor & winner of Nobel Prize in physics for inventing the transistor, arguably the single person most responsible for ushering in the computer age.
"My research leads me inescapably to the opinion that the major cause of the American Negro's intellectual and social deficits is hereditary and racial genetic in origin and thus not remediable to a major degree by practical improvements in environment."
"Nature has color coded groups of individuals so that statistically reliable predictions of their adaptability to intellectual rewarding and effective lives can easily be made and profitably used by the pragmatic man in the street."

Founder of USA and President Thomas Jefferson- "Nothing is more certainly written in the book of fate than that these people are to be free. Nor is it less certain that the two races, equally free, cannot live in the same government. Nature, habit, opinion has drawn indelible lines of distinction between them." Jefferson's Autobiography


Democrat President Woodrow Wilson--- “[Reconstruction government was detested] not because the Republican Party was dreaded but because the dominance of an ignorant and inferior race was justly dreaded.”
“In the matter of Chinese and Japanese coolie immigration, I stand for the national policy of exclusion. We cannot make a homogenous population out of people who do not blend with the Caucasian race… Oriental Coolieism will give us another race problem to solve and surely we have had our lesson.”
“Now came multitudes of men of the lowest class from the south of Italy, and men of the meaner sort out of Hungary and Poland, men out of the ranks, where there was neither skill nor energy nor any initiative of quick intelligence, and they came in numbers which increased from year to year, as if the countries of the south of Europe were disburdening themselves of the more sordid and hapless elements of their population.”


John Jay (from Federalist Papers No. 2):
"With equal pleasure I have as often taken notice that Providence has been pleased to give this one connected country to one united people--a people descended from the same ancestors, speaking the same language, professing the same religion, attached to the same principles of government, very similar in their manners and customs, and who, by their joint counsels, arms, and efforts, fighting side by side throughout a long and bloody war, have nobly established general liberty and independence.

This country and this people seem to have been made for each other, and it appears as if it was the design of Providence, that an inheritance so proper and convenient for a band of brethren, united to each other by the strongest ties, should never be split into a number of unsocial, jealous, and alien sovereignties."

Blogger Colin Flaherty's baby momma April 25, 2018 2:11 PM  

Che Guevara
"The black is indolent and a dreamer; spending his meager wage on frivolity or drink; the European has a tradition of work and saving, which has pursued him as far as this corner of America and drives him to advance himself, even independently of his own individual aspirations."
.

Gandhi
“Kaffirs [blacks] are as a rule uncivilised – the convicts even more so. They are troublesome, very dirty and live almost like animals. Each ward contains nearly 50 to 60 of them. They often started rows and fought among themselves. The reader can easily imagine the plight of the poor Indian thrown into such company!”
"... the Location intended to be used by the Indians. It would place them, who are undoubtedly infinitely superior to the Kaffirs, in close proximity to the latter.”

“The British rulers take us to be so lowly and ignorant that they assume that, like the Kaffirs who can be pleased with toys and pins, we can also be fobbed off with trinkets.”
“Some Indians do have contacts with Kaffir women. I think such contacts are fraught with grave danger. Indians would do well to avoid them altogether.”

“Of course, under my suggestion, the Town Council must withdraw the Kaffirs from the Location. About this mixing of the Kaffirs with the Indians, I must confess I feel most strongly. I think it is very unfair to the Indian population and it is an undue tax on even the proverbial patience of my countrymen.” Feb. 15, 1904 ~ Vol. III, p. 429

“Ours is one continual struggle against a degradation sought to be inflicted upon us by the Europeans, who desire to degrade us to the level of the raw Kaffir whose occupation is hunting, and whose sole ambition is to collect a certain number of cattle to buy a wife with and, then, pass his life in indolence and nakedness.”

“A general belief seems to prevail in the Colony that the Indians are little better, if at all, than savages or the Natives of Africa. Even the children are taught to believe in that manner, with the result that the Indian is being dragged down to the position of a raw Kaffir.”
“There is a bye-law in Durban which requires registration of coloured servants. This rule may be, and perhaps is, necessary for the Kaffirs who would not work, but absolutely useless with regard to the Indians. But the policy is to class the Indian with the Kaffir whenever possible.”

“Thus, the whites have begun to feel the need for Indian labour right from the beginning, for the Kaffirs are of no use and all the available Chinese are absorbed in the mines. Indian labour, is, therefore, in general demand.”
.
.
Democrat senator Robert Byrd
"I shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds."

Blogger Lyon April 25, 2018 2:16 PM  

To tweak Derb's final thoughts above, there is no stopping Logos from surfacing, making it impossible to maintain the orthodoxy established over the last half century. Hard evidence, never mind clearheaded observation, reveals substantial differences across populations.

To quote E. Michael Jones, "If you liberate yourself from reason you become a slave of either the passions or other people who manipulate your passions."

David Reich selectively liberates himself from reason and Derb clearly finds that frustrating. Is Reich a slave of passion or in league with those who would work to manipulating our passions?

My clearhead observation would wager he is in the latter camp.

Blogger Colin Flaherty's baby momma April 25, 2018 2:17 PM  

Don't forget you bigots, the USA was founded on interracial transsexual relationships. and that's what the so-called Civil War was fought over.
"That's freedom. That's American values. That's who we are."

President Abraham Lincoln
"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union."

"I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races - that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I, as much as any other man, am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything."

"There is no reason why the negro is not entitled to all the natural rights enumerated in the Declaration of Independence, the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I hold that he is as much entitled to these as the white man. I agree he is not my equal in many respects- certainly not in color, perhaps not in moral or intellectual endowment. But in the right to eat the bread, without leave of anybody else, which his own hand earns, he is the equal of every living man."

Blogger pyrrhus April 25, 2018 2:23 PM  

In the words of Greg Cochran, Lewontin and other leftist academics like the late Steven Gould, are simply liars. And they have prospered with these scientifically absurd lies.

Blogger Dirk Manly April 25, 2018 2:24 PM  

"It should come as no surprise, then, that some anthropologists and sociologists see genetic research into differences across populations, even if done in a well-intentioned way, as problematic."

I personally don't trust ANYONE who chooses to call something "problematic" rather than just telling me exactly what they think the problem is.

In the above quote, the author being quoted is attributing the usage of the term to the "we're all one race--the human race" anthropologists and the allied genetecists who don't want to let the data lead to the logical non-Politically Correct conclusions.

Blogger pyrrhus April 25, 2018 2:25 PM  

Keynes, and others, have pointed out that it is difficult to make a man understand something that his position requires him to NOT understand.

Blogger APL April 25, 2018 2:30 PM  

"Does Prof. Reich really expect males from that second group to “embrace” their annihilation?"

I wouldn't expect them to embrace anything, having been annihilated an' all.

Blogger Dirk Manly April 25, 2018 2:32 PM  

"It should come as no surprise, then, that some anthropologists and sociologists see genetic research into differences across populations, even if done in a well-intentioned way, as problematic."

I personally don't trust ANYONE who chooses to call something "problematic" rather than just telling me exactly what they think the problem is. The reason they use problematic is because they know that if they openly state what the supposed problem is, they're going to get logically beaten-down, but by using the vague term "problematic", they can get their overall argument and it's conclusion to stick and hold, rather than be defeated by an argument that rests on calling something a problem which, in fact, is NOT a problem.
example:
"too many 'students of color' being charged with crimes in our school system is problematic, so we should come up with a way that when our students get caught committing felonies, it doesn't get recorded as such"

What exactly is the supposed "problem" behind the use of the word "problematic" -- oh, that's right, that if the felonious students are in jail (and thus not in class), that the school district won't get as much money appropriated to them (because money is appropriated by number of students), so anything which reduces the "number of students" is a "problem."

Well, no... if the student belongs in Prison, that's not a problem at all.... but by callling it "problematic," then the argument can skate by on a fake appeal to anti-racism, when the fact that more black students than white students are felons has nothing to do with racism, and everything to do with school administrators' greed.

Note:
In the above quote, the author being quoted is attributing the usage of the term to the "we're all one race--the human race" anthropologists and the allied genetecists who don't want to let the data lead to the logical non-Politically Correct conclusions.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan April 25, 2018 2:40 PM  

Obsessing about the failures of other races, not really a productive path but one forced upon us by profiteers.

I look at it this way, the "Other" offers me nothing positive and gloats about it, basically all I need to know.

Blogger Dirk Manly April 25, 2018 2:51 PM  

> To quote E. Michael Jones, "If you liberate yourself from reason you become a slave of either the passions or other people who manipulate your passions."

> David Reich selectively liberates himself from reason and Derb clearly finds that frustrating. Is Reich a slave of passion or in league with those who would work to manipulating our passions?

> My clearhead observation would wager he is in the latter camp."


How ancient DNA is transforming our view of the past - BBC News
At the forefront of this revolution is David Reich of ... Reich was raised in ... His mother Tova is a novelist and his father Walter is a ...

Tova: Meaning Of Name Tova
Tova is a girl's name of Hebrew origin meaning "good, pleasing".

Zichron Moshe Matanos L'Evyonim - TheChesedFund
David Reich donated 1 month ago $100.00 In memory of ... In memory of My Father and Mother . ... Contact Zichron Moshe Matanos L'Evyonim!

((( DAVID REICH )))

Should have known.

Blogger ant becker April 25, 2018 3:26 PM  

Jordan Peterson on Jewish intelligence plus an update. https://jordanbpeterson.com/psychology/on-the-so-called-jewish-question/

Blogger freddie_mac April 25, 2018 3:43 PM  

biological differences among human populations are so modest that they should in practice be ignored—and moreover, because the issues are so fraught, that study of biological differences among populations should be avoided if at all possible. ... genetic research into differences across populations, even if done in a well-intentioned way, as problematic.

Despite science's reproduciblity crisis, I do think that this study (and others like it) has some validity. Note, that this study in 1989 only looked at whites & Chinese:

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM198903023200905

Attempting to ignore racial differences in terms of the efficacy of drugs is essentially killing with PC.

Blogger Damn Crackers April 25, 2018 3:57 PM  

I made my students read parts of both Gould and Reich. My lesson was here is what sociologists believe, and here is what geneticists believe. Who would you trust to treat you if you needed medical help?

Blogger VD April 25, 2018 3:57 PM  

Jordan Peterson on Jewish intelligence plus an update. https://jordanbpeterson.com/psychology/on-the-so-called-jewish-question/

Well, that certainly settles the question concerning whether I am smarter than Jordan Peterson or not... and in my favor.

I'll write a response to it later this week, but his reasoning is terrible and easily disproven.

Blogger Hammerli280 April 25, 2018 4:01 PM  

“should issue a regulation prohibiting its staff or grantees…from publishing in any form—including internal documents and citations to other studies—claims about genetics associated with variables of race, ethnicity, nationality, or any other category of population that is observed or imagined as heritable unless statistically significant disparities between groups exist and description of these will yield clear benefits for public health, as deemed by a standing committee to which these claims must be submitted and authorized.”

Short Form: We can't handle the truth.

Somewhat Longer Form: Anytime someone wants to make a topic a Taboo Subject Not To Be Discussed, it's because they know they will lose the discussion. If your theory is right, it will withstand challenge. If not, it should go down to defeat. This sort of continuous challenge of what we thought was a cornerstone of what used to be called the Scientific Method.

Blogger SciVo April 25, 2018 4:13 PM  

The "scientific" argument against race is rankest snake oil. It is based on there being a spectrum of measurable human nature, so if true it would be even more true of wavelengths of visible light. This is their fraudulent philosophy:

1. The precise placement of the dividing lines between the colors are ultimately arbitrary, and there is much that could be called "yellow" that is very similar to much of what could be called "orange" or "green".

2. ???

3. Therefore, there is no meaningful difference between yellow and blue, and "color" as such does not really exist.

As this "reasoning" is clearly invalid even for the smooth, continuous spectrum of light, it must logically be even *less* applicable to our lumpy human genetics, morphology, and behavior.

And while some might falsely claim that I set up a strawman -- I have in fact read arguments along those lines, made by both geneticists and anthropologists -- it would be even more absurd to argue that because there are vast differences within the races, all ethnic groups are basically the same; that is simply incoherent, as said intra-racial variance is due in no small part to tribal dissimilarity.

Blogger Argus Bacchus April 25, 2018 4:25 PM  

From the Jordan Peterson article that VD linked to in comment #19:


"Well, Jews are genuinely over-represented in positions of authority, competence and influence...It’s possible that we should be happy about this, rather than annoyed: is the fact that smart people are working hard for our mutual advancement really something to feel upset?"

Our MUTUAL advancement???


@19

"Well, that certainly settles the question concerning whether I am smarter than Jordan Peterson or not... and in my favor."

It's not even close, Vox.

He does appear, however, to be the superior unintentional comedian.







Blogger Dirk Manly April 25, 2018 4:26 PM  

@21

For extra fun, mention the Australian Aboriginals.

They are so far to one end of the spectrum, that if a non-Abbo breeds with an Abbo, the resultant child is sterile -- the same as what you get with a horse cross-bread with a donkey: a burro -- and all burros are sterile.

And yet nobody would say that the Abbos aren't human.

Blogger DonReynolds April 25, 2018 4:31 PM  

"Human racial classification is of no social value and is positively destructive of social and human relations. Since such racial classification is now seen to be of virtually no genetic or taxonomic significance either, no justification can be offered for its continuance."

With those two sentences, they excused themselves from the table, never to return.

Should you ever have a friendly and casual conversation with a police officer or a state trooper or even a Fed, try out that argument for size and destroy your own credibility. They know that race exists, they see it every day. Yes, even the black cops know it is real. To deny the existence of something that is most certainly real is delusion....and in this case, it would be self-delusion, since they are not fooling anybody.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd April 25, 2018 4:32 PM  

Dirk Manly wrote:They are so far to one end of the spectrum, that if a non-Abbo breeds with an Abbo, the resultant child is sterile -- the same as what you get with a horse cross-bread with a donkey: a burro -- and all burros are sterile.

Do you have a link that documents that? I'd surely like to see it if you do.

Blogger Dave April 25, 2018 4:38 PM  

VD wrote:Jordan Peterson on Jewish intelligence plus an update. https://jordanbpeterson.com/psychology/on-the-so-called-jewish-question/

Well, that certainly settles the question concerning whether I am smarter than Jordan Peterson or not... and in my favor.

I'll write a response to it later this week, but his reasoning is terrible and easily disproven.


This is a slam dunk for you, but I look forward to the drubbing.

FFS Peterson's throwing things like this out as an argument: Well, Jews are genuinely over-represented in positions of authority, competence and influence. New York Jews, in particular, snap up a disproportionate number of Nobel prizes (see this Times of Israel article), and Jews are disproportionately eligible for admission at elite universities, where they, along with Asians, tend to be discriminated against (see this Newsweek article). It’s possible that we should be happy about this, rather than annoyed: is the fact that smart people are working hard for our mutual advancement really something to feel upset? What, exactly, is the preferable alternative? In any case, the radical/identity-politics right wingers regard such accomplishment as evidence of a conspiracy.

Blogger Alphaeus April 25, 2018 4:38 PM  

"blank slate theory"

When John Locke offered his blank slate theory he most certainly was NOT saying that all slates are equal. He only meant to assert that all slates are equally BLANK when they are born. Back in his day the notion was common that people were born knowing specific bits of data and knowledge, such as a song, or how to play cricket, including all the specific rules of cricket. Locke was merely trying to tell us that this was bullshit, that a person had to learn a song or create it but he was not born knowing it. Only an idiot or a bunch of communist scumbags would turn Locke's blank slate theory into a nonsensical statement saying that everyone is equal because one blank slate is the same as every other blank slate. I believe Locke was the first guy to propose that the mind is created ready to learn language but is not born knowing any particular language and has to learn it. You can't blame Locke for the way assholes twist his words to mean that everyone is equal in their potential talent with language.

Blogger Mocheirge April 25, 2018 4:44 PM  

Lewontin’s results made it clear that for the great majority of traits, human populations overlap to such a degree that it is impossible to identify a single biological trait that distinguishes people in any two groups, which is intuitively what some people think of when they conceive of “biological race."

Which is why whites have always intuitively recognized relatively fair-skinned Africans as white, right?

Similarly, it must be nose shape alone that has resulted in prejudice against (((some groups))).

Anonymous Anonymous April 25, 2018 4:54 PM  

Why is blood protein the.proxy for race?

Blogger Dirk Manly April 25, 2018 4:54 PM  

The Abbos, on IQ tests, come in with a mean of around 65 compared to 100 using European stock as a reference data set.
That does NOT mean that they are retards. They can describe their hunting trails from overhead perspective, and accurately draw them on maps, including great detail about branches which have been submerged since the end of the last ice age. So the passing of information from generation to generation is not merely intact, but strong. Just don't expect your average Abbo to be able to pass a rigorous trig course (you know, with algebraic style proofs and stuff).

@25. small mistake

if a non-Abbo breeds with an Abbo, the resultant child is USUALLY sterile.

Still searching for the reference I originally came across

Blogger Dave April 25, 2018 5:02 PM  

Aha, VP just referenced in comments at Peterson's article.

Apparently the article was posted last month then Peterson updated it yesterday in response to a comment. How long before he closes comments?

Blogger Ominous Cowherd April 25, 2018 5:24 PM  

simplytimothy wrote:Why is blood protein the.proxy for race?

Because that's one area where the differences between races aren't significant?

Blogger Bogey April 25, 2018 5:49 PM  

Well, that certainly settles the question concerning whether I am smarter than Jordan Peterson or not... and in my favor.

I'll write a response to it later this week, but his reasoning is terrible and easily disproven.


Never even considered if he was smarter, he just seems to be saying the right things to the masses at the moment.

You've already proven to at least have a better understanding of History to pull from when you pretty much destroyed his idea that one takes on another's pathology by using the same tactics with your discussion of the WWII response to Blitzkrieg.

Blogger tuberman April 25, 2018 5:54 PM  

This material on Peterson is mildly disappointing, yet expected. He.Is.Afraid.To.Go.There. They are powerful enough to bring down a lot of heat and close down his YTs. Also, this is too much red-pill for him at this time. Neurotics twist reality to suit needs, like a dog barking in the wrong direction. He even uses MSM's "Conspiracy."

Sorry, Jordan, there is a Jewish Problem, and it's not a fantasy.

Blogger Johnny April 25, 2018 8:03 PM  

"I personally don't trust ANYONE who chooses to call something "problematic"...

Controversial is another word often used to dismiss something without evidence or logic.

Blogger Blastman April 25, 2018 10:35 PM  

The concern is so acute that the political scientist Jacqueline Stevens has even suggested that research and even emails discussing biological differences across populations should be banned, …

They live in willful ignorance -- they want their lies and fantasies. Yup, lets make social and public policy based on lies about human nature.

Blogger KPKinSunnyPhiladelpia April 25, 2018 10:38 PM  

Just finished Reich's book, and I think evaluating it on whether it is "good" or "not good" is the wrong metric.

The real measure of it's impact depends on the answer to the question "How subversive will it ultimately be?" Because right now, it's pretty subversive, given how threatened the leftoid equalists clearly are by the real scientific conclusions.

Of course some words Reich uses like "admixtures" and "ancestry" are positively anodyne, and as Sailer pointed out, calling the conquering Steppe Pastoralists "Corded Ware" people instead of "Battleaxe" people obscures what REALLY happened.

But, frankly, we need to cheer the scientist Reich on, even as we roll our eyes at his smarmy political correctness.

Go, David, you magnificent bastard, GO!! Find the data. The data will speak, even as your hem, and haw. The conclusions are inevitable. And you know it, I know it, VD knows it, and the people who follow this blog know it.

Blogger TypingJourneyman April 26, 2018 3:55 AM  

Peterson is a motivational speaker. Motivation is A010 and cheerleader is N010 producing S010 stagnation. So he's a slave through and through.

Blogger McChuck April 26, 2018 7:21 AM  

@30 Dirk - What you described is memory, not intelligence. Many African tribes have also proven to have excellent memories, but little ability to reason.

Squirrels can remember where they buried thousands of nuts, but nobody accuses them of being smart.

Blogger Dirk Manly April 26, 2018 10:19 AM  

@37

"But, frankly, we need to cheer the scientist Reich on, even as we roll our eyes at his smarmy political correctness."


The Political Correctness is deliberate, because (((David Reich))) doesn't want the goyim to know the full truth.

Blogger Were-Puppy April 26, 2018 12:59 PM  

OP:
"It is more than a bit bizarre, as are Reich's regular digressions into Jewish history, the myth of Jewish intelligence, and various other Jewish minutiae that have literally nothing to do with the science of ancient human DNA that is the nominal topic of the book."
---

I've noticed this in several conversations if there is someone jewish, they have to endlessly tell that they are jewish.

It seems to be programmed into them like a type of virtue signalling.

Blogger KPKinSunnyPhiladelpia April 27, 2018 12:32 PM  

@Dirk Manly

"The Political Correctness is deliberate, because (((David Reich))) doesn't want the goyim to know the full truth."

The first part of your statement is correct, the second only partially so. Why? Because despite all his virtue signalling and posturing, Reich is obviously obsessive about the science, and can barely contain his excitement about where it's almost certainly going to go.

The "elephant in the room" analogy applies. It isn't quite entirely into view yet, but it's coming.

Right now, Reich is saying on the one hand, "There's no elephant in the room." even as he says, "Wow, look at this large floppy ear! Isn't that exciting? Wow, look at that stumpy leg, clearly this animal is walking on its knuckles! Amazing!"

Maybe, at some point, when the entire elephant comes into view, he'll go back to doing human disease related genetic science, because going where the ancient humann genetic science leads is just too cognitively dissonant.

Or maybe not.

Either way, the elephant WILL be revealed. That's why we should cheer him on, even if he doesn't complete the job. Someone else almost certainly will.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts