ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Tuesday, May 08, 2018

Fake Opposition confirmed

Vox Day Exposes Jordan Peterson And The Left’s Plan To Take Control Of The Nationalist MovementVox Day joins Alex Jones live via Skype to break down how Ben Shapiro and Jordan Peterson are puppets of the left, used to take control of the nationalist movement and destroy its potential. 

That is the name of the video that InfoWars posted on May 7, 2018. It inspired the sort of responses that you can probably anticipate by now.

Vox is obviously jealous of Peterson and Shapiro's success. He's trying to be as relevant as they are.

So, about that relevance.... The timing of the video was rather timely, and its title was rather prophetic, because the very next day, May 8, 2018, The New York Times posted an article entitled Meet the Renegades of the Intellectual Dark Web: An alliance of heretics is making an end run around the mainstream conversation. Should we be listening?
What is the I.D.W. and who is a member of it? It’s hard to explain, which is both its beauty and its danger.

Most simply, it is a collection of iconoclastic thinkers, academic renegades and media personalities who are having a rolling conversation — on podcasts, YouTube and Twitter, and in sold-out auditoriums — that sound unlike anything else happening, at least publicly, in the culture right now. Feeling largely locked out of legacy outlets, they are rapidly building their own mass media channels.

The closest thing to a phone book for the I.D.W. is a sleek website that lists the dramatis personae of the network, including Mr. Harris; Mr. Weinstein and his brother and sister-in-law, the evolutionary biologists Bret Weinstein and Heather Heying; Jordan Peterson, the psychologist and best-selling author; the conservative commentators Ben Shapiro and Douglas Murray; Maajid Nawaz, the former Islamist turned anti-extremist activist; and the feminists Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Christina Hoff Sommers. But in typical dark web fashion, no one knows who put the website up.

The core members have little in common politically. Bret and Eric Weinstein and Ms. Heying were Bernie Sanders supporters. Mr. Harris was an outspoken Hillary voter. Ben Shapiro is an anti-Trump conservative.

But they all share three distinct qualities. First, they are willing to disagree ferociously, but talk civilly, about nearly every meaningful subject: religion, abortion, immigration, the nature of consciousness. Second, in an age in which popular feelings about the way things ought to be often override facts about the way things actually are, each is determined to resist parroting what’s politically convenient. And third, some have paid for this commitment by being purged from institutions that have become increasingly hostile to unorthodox thought — and have found receptive audiences elsewhere.
Actually, it's not difficult to explain at all. The "Intellectual Dark Web" is the Fake Opposition, the roots of the Conservative Media 3.0. William F. Buckley's Conservative Media 1.0 is literally bankrupt, Bill Kristol's Conservative Media 2.0 lost its last vestiges of credibility due to the failures of the occupations of Afghanistan and Iraq, and now the mainstream media needs a new squad to put on the uniforms of the Washington Generals to go out in front of the public and take a dive.

It is NeverTrump: the media edition.

This is a familiar gambit. Not only are the dramatic portraits of the various Dark Webbers almost identical to those decorating the 2006 Wired piece entitled "The Church of the Non-Believers", but they've even recycled both Sam Harris and Michael Shermer as Very Important Intellectuals du Jour. Frankly, I'm a little disappointed that they didn't dig up the corpse of Christopher Hitchens and include him too while they were at it.

Who is a member of the IDW? Anyone who a) is not Christian, b) is not a nationalist, c) is vaguely palatable to the political Right, and most importantly, d) will not upset the mainstream media narrative.

Who put the website up? I would assume Eric Weinstein, Bret Weinstein, and Heather Heying, three media non-entities who are attempting to put themselves on par with far more recognizable media figures like Christina Hoff Summers and Sam Harris, in cooperation with Claire Lehmann, whose site is hosting the little clubhouse.

More significant figures such as Alex Jones, Milo Yiannopoulos, Stefan Molyneaux, Mike Cernovich, Jack Posobiec, and Ivan Throne are conspicuously absent; one woman, Debra Soh, has less than one-fifteenth the number of Twitter followers that Cernovich has. Needless to say, I'm not exactly surprised by the identities of two of the leading members.
Before September 2016, Jordan Peterson was an obscure psychology professor at the University of Toronto. Then he spoke out against Canada’s Bill C-16, which proposed amending the country’s human-rights act to outlaw discrimination based on gender identity and expression. He resisted on the grounds that the bill risked curtailing free speech by compelling people to use alternative gender pronouns. He made YouTube videos about it. He went on news shows to protest it. He confronted protesters calling him a bigot. When the university asked him to stop talking about it, including sending two warning letters, he refused.

While most people in the group faced down comrades on the political left, Ben Shapiro confronted the right. He left his job as editor at large of Breitbart News two years ago because he believed it had become, under Steve Bannon’s leadership, “Trump’s personal Pravda.” In short order, he became a primary target of the alt-right and, according to the Anti-Defamation League, the No. 1 target of anti-Semitic tweets during the presidential election.
Now do you see? Jordan Peterson and Ben Shapiro are both Fake Opposition, media con artists to the core. In fact, the very event that reportedly made Peterson famous appears to have been based on a mischaracterization of the law by Peterson. So much for the courage of his much-vaunted stand.

Here is my question for conservatives. If it is correct to reject people for their associations, how can any Christian or conservative not reject Jordan Peterson and Ben Shapiro in light of their membership in this New York Times-approved club? Especially given that The New York Times is very clear about where the line of acceptable opposition is to be drawn.
Go a click in one direction and the group is enhanced by intellectuals with tony affiliations like Steven Pinker at Harvard. But go a click in another and you’ll find alt-right figures like Stefan Molyneux and Milo Yiannopoulos and conspiracy theorists like Mike Cernovich (the #PizzaGate huckster) and Alex Jones (the Sandy Hook shooting denier).

It’s hard to draw boundaries around an amorphous network, especially when each person in it has a different idea of who is beyond the pale.

“I don’t know that we are in the position to police it,” Mr. Rubin said. “If this thing becomes something massive — a political or social movement — then maybe we’d need to have some statement of principles. For now, we’re just a crew of people trying to have the kind of important conversations that the mainstream won’t.”

But is a statement of principles necessary to make a judgment call about people like Mr. Cernovich, Mr. Molyneux and Mr. Yiannopoulos? It seems to me that if you are willing to sit across from an Alex Jones or Mike Cernovich and take him seriously, there’s a high probability that you’re either cynical or stupid.
The Fake Opposition is not even Alt-Lite. They're simply Not Right at all. And they're not being invited to speak at Ivy League colleges, appearing on Fox, CNN, and the BBC, and being featured in The New York Times complete with flattering pictures featuring dramatic lighting because they are on our side.

Labels: , ,

121 Comments:

Blogger ReluctantMessiah May 08, 2018 1:13 PM  

The Churchians have embraced Crazy Christ

https://twitter.com/epic_preacher/status/993880457241489408

Blogger Elijah May 08, 2018 1:25 PM  

Ben Shapiro would be a Washington general except that he is shorter than the girls on a middle school basketball team.

Blogger CarpeOro May 08, 2018 1:27 PM  

When the NYT starts lauding you, you know your still going down the wrong path, even if it seems different from the direct path to the devil.

Blogger Iamblichus May 08, 2018 1:27 PM  


For real does the jew expect people to believe that Sam Harris, Bret Weinstein and Dave Rubin are renegades? Has the US public got that stupid to believe that or has the jew lost his touch

Blogger Brian S May 08, 2018 1:28 PM  

This has an air of Justice League about it

Blogger tuberman May 08, 2018 1:31 PM  

ReluctantMessiah wrote:The Churchians have embraced Crazy Christ

https://twitter.com/epic_preacher/status/993880457241489408


Yes, because they take money from Globalists, and have done so for a while now.

"The Fake Opposition is not even Alt-Lite. They're simply Not Right at all." The above 'church leaders' are part of this, as well as the constant talking Cucks put out as the Right.

Blogger pyrrhus May 08, 2018 1:34 PM  

“I don’t know that we are in the position to police it,” Mr. Rubin said.

Understatement of the century...

Blogger Solaire Of Astora May 08, 2018 1:34 PM  

The like to dislike ratio on that Infowars video is very telling. I thought how people reacted to Trump was a good litmus test but Peterson is a damn fine filter too. Even among supposedly 'redpilled' people a good half of them are this susceptible to relatively obvious bs?

Blogger Brick Hardslab May 08, 2018 1:39 PM  

@5 They wish it was the Justice League, it's the Super Friends.

Blogger TrueBag PipeRock May 08, 2018 1:40 PM  

It's a majore expose' and I think it goes over the heads of most people, but you are right on the money.

Blogger Cloudbuster May 08, 2018 1:47 PM  

In a sense, the NYT article is even more damning than the expose'. It certainly makes the point.

Blogger Che Dolf May 08, 2018 1:55 PM  

Ben Shapiro says "not one member of the Intellectual Dark Web is a 'race realist.'"

As everyone here knows, Jordan Peterson argues that Ashkenazi Jews are over-represented in positions of power and influence because they're more intelligent on average than members of other ethnic groups. He cites the research of Greg Cochran, who attributes the difference mainly to genetics.

If you think biology helps explain why different racial/ethnic groups perform differently, then you are a race realist. That's the entire point of the term. Jordan Peterson is a race realist, even if he chooses to reveal this only when it's politically convenient.

Blogger Desdichado May 08, 2018 2:00 PM  

Che Dolf wrote:If you think biology helps explain why different racial/ethnic groups perform differently, then you are a race realist. That's the entire point of the term. Jordan Peterson is a race realist, even if he chooses to reveal this only when it's politically convenient.
You're not a race realist if your facts about race are wrong.

Blogger TM Lutas May 08, 2018 2:03 PM  

Limiting my comment to this linked url:
http://alexanderofford.com/the-intellectual-fraudulence-of-jordan-peterson-apropos-of-daniel-karasik/

You really shouldn't link to it as it's factually defective, starting with the characterization of Trudeau's government as center-right (you really want to defend Trudeau as a right winger?) and moving on to Peterson's objection to bill C16.

Apparently, his University's counsel wrote him a note explaining that, indeed, he was in violation of Canadian law for declaring that he would not be using preferred pronouns if the government dictated it. The idea that a particular slide in a presentation was "the sole piece of evidence" that Peterson uses to support his claims about C16 is just not factually correct.

Surely, you can find a better bit of support for your point than that bit of crud.

Blogger Diego Destiny May 08, 2018 2:05 PM  

The big plan for shaking things up? More talking about the same topics, but now with IDW.

Blogger Elijah May 08, 2018 2:06 PM  

a new study shows that white american males have the highest average IQ of any ethnic group on the planet. the group used in the study was an all white, all male private high school in North Carolina. this study utilized the same method used by Petersen's source.

Blogger electricsheeple May 08, 2018 2:07 PM  

I almost spit out my drink laughing when I saw this list of people being propped up as the "Intellectual Dark Web." This is a list of the least rebellious thinkers who actually have a following on the internet. It's basically just mainstream thinkers who prefer the Internet instead of traditional cable channels.


The only person I consider even readable on that list is Michael Shurmer, who is actually pretty solid when he stays out of politics and religion.

Blogger PCA May 08, 2018 2:07 PM  

It never ceases to amaze me how quick and tireless the tribe is at setting up kosher-approved opposition.

Blogger Damn Crackers May 08, 2018 2:10 PM  

Justice League? More like the retarded A-Team.

My apologies to Dave Atell.

BTW, isn't the Dark Web where you buy little girls and firearms?

Blogger Legion of Logic May 08, 2018 2:15 PM  

How dare Shapiro only praise Trump when he deserves it.

Blogger Marcus Marcellus May 08, 2018 2:20 PM  

Peterson used to make little appearances on a Canadian talk show "Agenda Insight" 7-8 years ago. That is when I first discovered him. You can see one here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeL-Fn0V8iU

Blogger Che Dolf May 08, 2018 2:21 PM  

Desdichado, the point isn't that Peterson is competent or even honest about it. The point is that he tacitly acknowledges the validity of race realism as a way to understand social phenomena, while Shapiro furiously insists it's irrelevant.

Peterson was right to spend the last year terrified of making a misstep. Now he and Shapiro will look even more ridiculous when they refuse to discuss data that undermine their civic nationalism.

Blogger MickDundee May 08, 2018 2:25 PM  

Every. Single. Time.

“according to the Anti-Defamation League, the No. 1 target of anti-Semitic tweets during the presidential election.”

Blogger SDaly May 08, 2018 2:34 PM  

Who better to steer the West back to its foundational roots in Christianity than:

(((Sam Harris))); (((The Weinstein brothers))); (((Heather Heying))); (((Ben Shapiro))); (((Christina Hoff Sommers))); atheist Jordan Peterson; gay atheist Douglas Murray; and two apostate Muslims Maajid Nawaz & Ayaan Hirsi. Ali.

Blogger Dave May 08, 2018 2:35 PM  

Before September 2016, Jordan Peterson was an obscure psychology professor at the University of Toronto. Then he spoke out against Canada’s Bill C-16

Helluva post, Vox. Initially I was skeptical of how Peterson became an almost overnight internet star; thinking it was mostly a long-term cleverly staged publicity affair with the end result another Dr. Phil TV show.

While I still think Peterson and his people would jump at the chance for a TV show, you've shown even more sinister ulterior motives at work via the forces behind the media.

Blogger AnvilTiger May 08, 2018 2:39 PM  

And of course the actual link provided by the NYT is: "http://intellectualdark.website/" - which is obviously fake. But intellectualdark.com shows a May 5th 2018 registration for whois, while intellectualdark.net shows a February 1st 2018 registration. Neither has any content. Both are "parked" sites - the .net one by sedo parking, the .com one by godaddy parking.

You can't get anymore fake news than this NYT opinion article by Bari Weiss. The link to her is broken, but when you fix it, it leads to this: "Bari Weiss is an Op-Ed staff editor and writer. She writes about culture and politics. Bari was an op-ed and book review editor at The Wall Street Journal before joining the Times in 2017. She has also worked at Tablet, the online magazine of Jewish politics and culture. She is a native of Pittsburgh and graduated from Columbia University in 2007."

Pretty freaking amazing.

Blogger Chief Osage May 08, 2018 2:43 PM  

Dave Rubin's been pushing this intellectual dark web thing for a few months now at least. Nor sure where it started. Joe Rogan has also given all these guys air time, and he is controlled opposition.

Its all just the usual sort of silly grandstanding by folks trying to make themselves sound dark, edgy and dangerous while being nothing of the sort. Just a bunch of centrist liberals who got left behind when the party took a hard left turn.

There were intellectuals relegated to the dark web, these ain't them.

Blogger Noah B The Savage Gardener May 08, 2018 2:45 PM  

We're very impressed by the new leaders you've chosen, goyim. - NYT

Blogger Matiss Zarkevics May 08, 2018 2:50 PM  

Those photos on the NYT article... they all look like they've been enlightened by their own intelligence.

Blogger VFM #7634 May 08, 2018 2:52 PM  

Thanks much for the youtube link.

Blogger Colin Flaherty's baby momma May 08, 2018 2:53 PM  

This is their attempt to corral the herds who are fleeing shitstream media for more substantive pastures. They select or create characters to capture different personality types in a kosher fashion, repetitively reminding their audience to stay far away from the most evil thing ever - racist nazi neoHitler conspiracy theorists - with hardly a mention of the horrors of commie Marxism except when it is necessary to appear somewhat objective.

Blogger Nathan May 08, 2018 2:57 PM  

Ultimately, this group doesn't matter because none of them honestly discuss immigration. Trump exposed the true issue of our time, and we aren't going back to 1980s discussions about personal responsibility and free speech. No matter how hard the tribe tries, they can't put that genie back in the bottle.

Blogger tublecane May 08, 2018 3:01 PM  

I am a credentialed internet crimethinker, and I have never heard anyone use the term Intellectual Dark Web except to mock it.

Anonymous Anonymous May 08, 2018 3:04 PM  

So, let me take a wild stab in the dark about the nature of the "ferocious disagreement" amongst the "intellectual leaders" of this IDW just now emerging: Let's see, the New Duranty Times named 9 people it would appear in total. With 9 people there are of course at least [[[27 opinions or arguments]]], which of course all boil down to "what's best for [[[us]]]"? I can imagine this IDW would naturally have great appeal to those who read the New Duranty Times, and for all the usually suspected reasons. After the watching these vigorous debates, viewers will no doubt feel the irresistible urge to vist Scheissgeld & Dormerde's Mexicali Deli for some superb turd-tacos and a some special-reserve flagons of the Rev. Jones' best 1978 vintage grape-drank.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 08, 2018 3:12 PM  

Che Dolf wrote:If you think biology helps explain why different racial/ethnic groups perform differently, then you are a race realist. That's the entire point of the term. Jordan Peterson is a race realist, even if he chooses to reveal this only when it's politically convenient.
Peterson is more of a race fantasist. Jews deserve to rule us because they're smarter, but don't you dare question my data, or extrapolate that to other races, you bigot.

Blogger tublecane May 08, 2018 3:14 PM  

Cerno is immeasurably darker and more dangerous than those nothings, and he's the kind of man who just tweeted "Patrice O'Neal red-pilled me."

Which could be the saddest thing I've ever heard.

Blogger RobertT May 08, 2018 3:15 PM  

Knocked that out of the ballpark.

Blogger tublecane May 08, 2018 3:18 PM  

@36- Also, Cerno is the sort of man who genuinely believes Kanye West is changing the culture.

Heck, Classical Liberals like Paul Joseph Watson and Sargon of Akkad are many times more disruptive than than the non-existent, non-dark intellectual dark web.

Blogger Nathan May 08, 2018 3:21 PM  

Also, notice how none of these "intellectuals" supported or support Trump. As Taleb writes, intellectuals consider it a badge of honor to be wrong for the "right" reasons.

Blogger Mister Excitement May 08, 2018 3:23 PM  

I'm a Gen Xer. I've struggled just to earn a living for myself the past 20+ years. Retired military that deployed twice in the "War on Terror"

So of course I'm very cynical.

As cynical as I am, it seems I haven't been nearly cynical enough.

Just a few years ago, I never would have considered the possibility that all mainstream Left vs. Right political discourse is a completely orchestrated scam.

I hate that. I hate that the mainstream thought leaders in my country are all fake and I have to do extensive research on damn near everything to figure out if I'm being buffaloed.

Living in a post-Christian low trust culture really sucks.

You can't trust anything.

Blogger Shawn Hetherington May 08, 2018 3:25 PM  

Honestly, who is assuming that all these people are being pushed as members of the right? I can only see a couple that would claim the label for themselves. By far the majority of that list would be old-style leftists, IMO.

Why all the conspiratorial claims?

Blogger Mister Excitement May 08, 2018 3:26 PM  

Oh Vox, I loved how you slipped in the fact that Ben Shapiro isn't even an American near the end of Alex Jones interview.

I wonder if he picked up on that.

Blogger vanderleun May 08, 2018 3:26 PM  

Oh my. Vox, now you grow dull.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 08, 2018 3:29 PM  

vanderleun wrote:Oh my. Vox, now you grow dull.
Stop saying things vanderluin doesn't like, Vox. He might get bored.

Blogger tublecane May 08, 2018 3:32 PM  

@41- In Peterson's case, it's not a secret that he's not of the right, but they don't exactly advertise that fact, do they?

SJWs and Conservatism Inc. certainly act like he is, and the general public,which barely pays attention, is apt to think of him that way if they think of him at all.

You see, the "conspiratorial" aspect doesn't require much. Maybe just propping up people you know you can trust to stay on the reservation, plus a tacit agreement not to dig to deep or shine too much light on certain things.

Blogger Chief Osage May 08, 2018 3:35 PM  

Peterson makes himself sound like he's of the right by going after the radical left and drip feeding the sort of radical truths you only usually hear from the right.

And then he likes to pause, and skillfully avoid saying really digressive things while talking about being worried about saying the wrong thing and taking heat for it. So people are led to think he is even further to the right yet and is just avoiding things that lead to poor PR.

Blogger Nathan May 08, 2018 3:43 PM  

They couldn't even come up with an original name? Didn't there used to be a "dark enlightenment" infographic with various alt-right types in a web on it? From three or four years ago? Oh yeah, here it is:

http://media.vocativ.com/photos/2013/12/Dark-Enlightenment-062192771313.png

How transparent. How dumb.

Blogger Duh-ave May 08, 2018 3:43 PM  

"Not Right" = Hard Wrong?

Blogger Howard Stone May 08, 2018 3:46 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Colin Flaherty's baby momma May 08, 2018 3:49 PM  

Mister Excitement wrote: I hate that the mainstream thought leaders in my country are all fake and I have to do extensive research on damn near everything to figure out if I'm being buffaloed.


Smedley Butler, US Marine Corps major general, the highest rank authorized at that time, and at the time of his death the most decorated Marine in U.S. history.
"War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses.
"I suspected I was just part of a racket at the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all members of the military profession I never had an original thought until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of the higher- ups. This is typical with everyone in the military service."

Douglas MacArthur, five-star general; Chief of Staff US Army; Medal of Honor
"Talk of imminent threat to our national security through the application of external force is pure nonsense. Our threat is from the insidious forces working from within which have already so drastically altered the character of our free institutions — those institutions we proudly called the American way of life."
Speech to the Michigan legislature, in Lansing, Michigan (15 May 1952), published in General MacArthur Speeches and Reports 1908-1964 (2000) by Edward T. Imparato, p. 206; part of this was also used in a speech in Boston, as quoted in TIME magazine (6 August 1951)


"Our swollen budgets constantly have been misrepresented to the public. Our government has kept us in a perpetual state of fear — kept us in a continuous stampede of patriotic fervor — with the cry of grave national emergency. Always there has been some terrible evil at home or some monstrous foreign power that was going to gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it by furnishing the exorbitant funds demanded. Yet, in retrospect, these disasters seem never to have happened, seem never to have been quite real."
Address to the Annual Stockholders Sperry Rand Corporation (30 July 1957), as published in General MacArthur Speeches and Reports 1908-1964 (2000) by Edward T. Imparato, p. 206

Blogger RC May 08, 2018 3:50 PM  

"I wonder if he picked up on that."

Oh, he picked up on it Mr. Excitement. It's one of his blind spots and he moved to shut it down quickly. All in all though, AJ gave our esteemed host plenty of room to express his bad think and, I think, probably agrees with him 90%+. I see more collaboration in the future.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 08, 2018 3:50 PM  

Chief Osage wrote:And then he likes to pause, and skillfully avoid saying really digressive things while talking about being worried about saying the wrong thing and taking heat for it. So people are led to think he is even further to the right yet and is just avoiding things that lead to poor PR.
Even his own disciples believe he is a dishonest, equivocating, moral coward, afraid to speak the truth.

Blogger CM May 08, 2018 3:50 PM  

So this may answer my Rubin question from a week ago.

I was enjoying his interviews and what appeared to be steps out of the SJW slaughterhouse. I do not like all his interviews.

I'm not certain I follow the logic on all of this.

Blogger Colin Flaherty's baby momma May 08, 2018 3:57 PM  

Shawn Hetherington wrote: Why all the conspiratorial claims?

Weird because most people don't think in terms of conspiracy, despite numerous gov officials having been convicted for Conspiracy. Conspiracy theories more believed by highly intelligent informed persons who actually plan life & have connections.

President JFK 1961: “We are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless CONSPIRACY that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence- on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day.
It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations. Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried, not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."
https://youtu.be/zdMbmdFOvTs?t=595 JFK Speech to The American Newspaper Publishers Association - April 27th, 1961

Pres Woodrow Wilson book The New Freedom (1913)
Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men's views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of somebody, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it.

Blogger Colin Flaherty's baby momma May 08, 2018 3:59 PM  

Henry Ford Henry Ford, icon American industrial innovator - 1920 The International Jew: the World's Foremost Problem
“he does not believe in conspiracies which involve a large number of people, and it is with the utmost ease that his avowal of unbelief is accepted, for there is nothing more ridiculous to the Gentile mind than a mass conspiracy, because there is nothing more impossible to the Gentile himself… he knows how impossible it would be to band Gentiles together in any considerable number for any length of time in even the noblest conspiracy. Gentiles are not built for it. Their conspiracy, whatever it might be, would fall like a rope of sand. Gentiles have not the basis either in blood or interest that the Jews have to stand together. The Gentile does not naturally suspect conspiracy; he will indeed hardly bring himself to the verge of believing it without the fullest proof.
... Jews lead both divisions here in the United States.
... It is the Russian situation over again. Both ends of the movements, and the movements which operate within the movements, are under the leadership of Jews.”

Controlling the world's sources of news, All-Judaan can always prepare the minds of the people for its next move.
The greatest exposure yet to be made is the way that news is manufactured and the way in which the mind of whole nations is molded for a purpose. When the powerful Jew is at last traced and his hand revealed, then comes the ready cry of persecution and it echoes through the world press.
The real causes of the persecution (which is the oppression of the people by the financial practices of the Jews) are never given publicity.

All-Judaan has its vice-governments in London and New York. Having wreaked its revenge on Germany it will now go forth to conquer other nations. Britain it already has. Russia it is struggling for, but the chances are against it. The United States, with its good-natured tolerance of all races, offers a promising field.

Anonymous Anonymous May 08, 2018 4:00 PM  

Oh Vox, I loved how you slipped in the fact that Ben Shapiro isn't even an American near the end of Alex Jones interview.

I caught that too. BTW (since I only watched long after the actual AJ show) VD really did a very fine interview with AJ. As someone noted yesterday, he did a superb job of keeping on track when AJ got wound up - something which tends to distract some of those he interviews. You're better at video than you realize, VD. The Darkstreams seem to have been helpful in learning how to talk through the camera to the viewer.

Anonymous Anonymous May 08, 2018 4:22 PM  

These chumps remind me of the fake political parties created in Eastern Europe by the various Communist parties during the Cold War to show that their dictatorships were "multi-party democracies."

I never was sure who their audience was for this kind of propaganda. No one in power, and no one out of power, believed these "opposition" parties were anything but fake contrivances. The apathetic domestic masses cared more about where their next meal was coming from. The Western democracies never believed any of it, either.

Perhaps their audiences were the Communist nomenklatura, but you'd think they'd be the least effective audience reached by that narrative.

The entire charade must have been nothing more than a nice comfy sinecure for those "opposition" political "leaders"...nice work if you can get it.

Blogger Shawn Hetherington May 08, 2018 4:23 PM  

@45, These people are clearly being pushed/promoted but not as members of the Right.

"SJWs and Conservatism Inc. certainly act like he is, and the general public,which barely pays attention, is apt to think of him that way if they think of him at all."

SJWs think anyone to the right of Lenin is a Nazi so that's not exactly good evidence of some sort of conspiracy.

"You see, the "conspiratorial" aspect doesn't require much. Maybe just propping up people you know you can trust to stay on the reservation, plus a tacit agreement not to dig to deep or shine too much light on certain things. "

Yeah, but why does anyone care that there are people out there who merely disagree with them? I can see why you might be upset if someone claimed to be a member of the Right and was a dyed in the wool leftist but, I can't see why you should be upset because a leftist paper promotes other leftists.

Also, for the record, Steven Crowder, is a Christian and a conservative so it's hard to see what the objection to him might be.


Blogger Mister Excitement May 08, 2018 4:24 PM  

"As someone noted yesterday, he did a superb job of keeping on track when AJ got wound up - something which tends to distract some of those he interviews."

That drives me nuts about Alex Jones.

He'll have a guest on that is saying something interesting, and Jones cuts them off mid sentence.

Otherwise, I love the guy.

Blogger R Webfoot May 08, 2018 4:26 PM  

'Also, notice how none of these "intellectuals" supported or support Trump.'

Heck with that. Did any of them EXPECT Trump to win?

Alex Jones, Mike Cernovich, Vox Day, Scott Adams, Stefan Molyneux... none were surprised.

Anonymous Anonymous May 08, 2018 4:32 PM  

"And they're not being invited to speak at Ivy League colleges, appearing on Fox, CNN, and the BBC, and being featured in The New York Times complete with flattering pictures featuring dramatic lighting because they are on our side."

Amen brother, amen. When the satanic mass media thinks well of you, then you are not a friend of western civilization or of Christianity. Ever.

By the way, as a Catholic, I can say that the present Pope is horrible. And yes, the media has given him great coverage over the years.

Blogger Shawn Hetherington May 08, 2018 4:32 PM  

@54, FYI, I'm not claiming that all conspiracies are bogus, just that this one in particular makes no sense.

Somehow in this case, a group of leftists is somehow pushing themselves as members of the Right, when a left wing paper acknowledges their existence as thinkers. I think most of them would disagree with the label.

Blogger Lovekraft May 08, 2018 4:36 PM  

I would just reply that anyone who considers the NY Times a valid and reputable news source is stupid.

Blogger tublecane May 08, 2018 4:36 PM  

@50- Flashback to Ben Franklin's quote about trading freedom for security.

Flashforward to Bill Buckley spilling the secret of the post-war conservative movement, which was to accept all the advances the left had made (and would make) in order to win a supposedly existential struggle with communists.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 08, 2018 4:48 PM  

Shawn Hetherington wrote:Yeah, but why does anyone care that there are people out there who merely disagree with them?
You tell us Shawn. Why are you here?

Shawn Hetherington wrote:Somehow in this case, a group of leftists is somehow pushing themselves as members of the Right, when a left wing paper acknowledges their existence as thinkers.
Some of them do indeed push themselves as Right. Shapiro in particular. As for the others, even if they do not push themselves as Right, they are being pushed as Right. And they show no reluctance at all, no need to clarify, perfectly willing accept all the attention and money the Right showers on its defenders.
Really, this might be an insightful comment if we didn't have 60 years of history with this particular dodge.
Which is it Shawn? Shill or stupid?

Blogger English Tom May 08, 2018 4:48 PM  

It's a result of centuries of practice.

Blogger English Tom May 08, 2018 4:54 PM  

Paul Joseph Watson is controlled opposition. Go on YouTube and type in PJW and the Jewish question. He states flatly be has seen no evidence of jews running things.

Blogger English Tom May 08, 2018 4:55 PM  

Put your faith in God and the last day.

Blogger tublecane May 08, 2018 4:56 PM  

@58- Vox explains the point well in his interview on InfoWars. It's rather simple. One should be upset about leftists promoting other leftists when your fellow rightists confuse them for rightists. Because the purpose of such people is to keep the mainstream right on the straight and narrow. Which is to say keep it the warmed-over left.

It would be best for the left if they could unilaterally control who gets to be part of the mainstream. But they can't. They have to deal with such things as the rising acceptability of rightist populism, nationalism, anti-PCism, Race Realism, etc. One tactic is to demonize the entire right past, say, Ben Shapiro as Nazis. Another is to pick the right's leaders for them. Leaders they know aren't actually dangerous.

Shapiro may have orders shouted into his ear, but I imagine by now he knows instinctively to warn people like Kanye West--who is wandering away from the Narrative a bit--not to go on InfoWars. Because InfoWars is too far to the right for Shapiro, and he's in competition with it. Some conservatives trust Shapiro's opinion enough to place InfoWars outside polite conservative society.

A similar thing happened with Jordan Peterson and Faith Goldy. Some conservatives have been duped into thinking Peterson is one of them, because he criticizes SJWs, talks about the Bible, and thinks men and women are different. Peterson was complicit in denying Faith Goldy entry to polite society because she was seen in the proximity of Evul Nazees. Regular conservatives don't mix with Nazis, so they won't be exposed to Goldian persuasion.

If you can't see how this is beneficial to the left, I don't know what to say.

Blogger robwbright May 08, 2018 4:59 PM  

@14: "Surely, you can find a better bit of support for your point than that bit of crud."

There's no better support for it because the law means what Peterson says it means:

"Lawyer Brown told the Senate Committee the federal Liberals have made it clear they will follow Ontario’s lead when implementing Bill C-16. And Ontario Human Rights Code guidelines “mandate” the use of genderless pronouns on request, he said.

“Mandating use of pronouns requires one to use words that are not their own that imply a belief in or agreement with a certain theory on gender,” he added.

“If you try to disavow that theory, you can be brought before the Human Rights Commission for misgendering or potentially find yourself guilty of a hate crime. To sum up, on the subject of gender, we’re going to have government-mandated speech.”

Those who refuse to go along could be “brought before the federal tribunal,” Brown said."

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/breaking-canada-passes-radical-law-forcing-gender-theory-acceptance

"Cossman, who has participated in a debate with Peterson, takes issue with the way he uses the language to describe what could happen if he was found in violation of the Ontario Human Rights Code.

“If he was found guilty by the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal, he would have been doing something illegal but not criminal,” Cossman says. In other words, he wouldn’t go to jail. Jail is only a punishment for committing a criminal offence—a violation of the Criminal Code.

If Peterson was found to be in violation of the code, there are different possible remedies. He could be ordered to pay money, he could be ordered to correct the behaviour, he could be ordered to go to training, etc."

https://torontoist.com/2016/12/are-jordan-petersons-claims-about-bill-c-16-correct/

My comment: But then... if you refuse to attend the re-education... or refuse to stop the behavior... or refuse to pay the fine...

Then I assume the penalty would be jail.

And yes, I'd be correct:

"The Ontario Human Rights Commission has stated, in the context of equivalent provisions in the Ontario Human Rights Code, that “refusing to refer to a trans person by their chosen name and a personal pronoun that matches their gender identity … will likely be discrimination when it takes place in a social area covered by the Code, including employment, housing and services like education.”

Human rights were conceived to liberate. They protected people from an oppressive state. But freedom from interference is so 20th century. Modern human rights entitle
In other words, failure to use a person’s pronoun of choice — “ze,” “zir,” “they” or any one of a multitude of other potential non-words — will land you in hot water with the commission. That, in turn, can lead to orders for correction, apology, Soviet-like “re-education,” fines and, in cases of continued non-compliance, incarceration for contempt of court. This peril is exactly what Peterson warned of in his video, for which he was mocked for scaremongering."

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/bruce-pardy-meet-the-new-human-rights-where-you-are-forced-by-law-to-use-reasonable-pronouns-like-ze-and-zer

A very few minutes of actual research would have quickly revealed that JP was right about THAT - if someone wanted to actually know the truth, as opposed to throwing around allegations like "... appears to have been based on a mischaracterization of the law by Peterson...".

Blogger TM Lutas May 08, 2018 5:00 PM  

@45 To my knowledge, Peterson self identifies as a centrist.

Blogger English Tom May 08, 2018 5:01 PM  

Lordofthehundreds. There's an interesting book called: Virtual Politics (can't recall the author). The practices you described were continued into the Putin era and still occur.

Blogger tublecane May 08, 2018 5:05 PM  

@67- I wouldn't exactly be heartbroken to learn Watson is a fake. And for all I know he may be flat-out lying. But even that is preferable in a way to Peterson's elaborate dodges.

Because plants can be exposed. If Peterson is not under someone else's control, but is just a tangled web of dishonest neuroses, it will be harder to break people off from him.

Blogger Colin Flaherty's baby momma May 08, 2018 5:06 PM  

Shawn Hetherington wrote: Somehow in this case, a group of leftists is somehow pushing themselves as members of the Right, when a left wing paper acknowledges their existence as thinkers. I think most of them would disagree with the label.

I take this as two primary functions:
1) demonstrate propaganda tactics, one of which being that the media can't acknowledge, much less debate, Vox's positions because it is poison to them, so they lump him in with caricature neo-nasties and say he should be shunned from polite society, while presenting the tamed alternative co-opt.

2) No more Cuckservatives. No more NeoConmen. Remind right thinking people not to repeat mistakes of the past, allowing Truly Righteous leaders to be undermined by promoted imposters & incompetents. Don't apotheosize market-hyped heroes because they copy some of your slogans and WWE wrestle your enemies.


It's a lot more complex, but it's not worth it, and I don't believe you are honestly presenting yourself here anyway.

Blogger English Tom May 08, 2018 5:09 PM  

Lordofthehundreds. A woman who ran against Putin just happens to be his goddaughter. He was bezzy mates with her dad. Nothing is ever what it seems. Conocracy in action.

Blogger Shawn Hetherington May 08, 2018 5:25 PM  

@65, "You tell us Shawn. Why are you here?"

Well, I'm here because I actually like talking to people who disagree with me, generally. I don't get bothered by their existence.

"Some of them do indeed push themselves as Right. Shapiro in particular. As for the others, even if they do not push themselves as Right, they are being pushed as Right. And they show no reluctance at all, no need to clarify, perfectly willing accept all the attention and money the Right showers on its defenders.
Really, this might be an insightful comment if we didn't have 60 years of history with this particular dodge.
Which is it Shawn? Shill or stupid?"

?? I don't get it. People are willing to accept attention and money without turning it down, so what? These people are mostly of the left being pushed by the left, so I don't see what the issue is (I grant that Shapiro could be a big phony).

Isn't your problem really with the people who pay attention to these folks, not the
folks themselves?

Blogger Solaire Of Astora May 08, 2018 5:29 PM  

Rubin himself says he sees a new middle forming so the IDW guys aren't all trying to sell themselves as being right wing, though Shapiro obviously is. Who knows, maybe these goof balls will actually replace the current left in a decade or so. I'd like to hope the SJW left has peaked. The IDW guys are gigantic weenies so they'd definitely be easier competition.

As an aside, this Alex Jones interview is getting VD a fairly positive reception on /pol/. Looks like going after Peterson is a good way to get around the Nazi larpers that normally attack him in any topic that mentions him there. Or maybe fed plant shills don't have a script ready for this yet.

Blogger Shawn Hetherington May 08, 2018 5:34 PM  

@69, "Vox explains the point well in his interview on InfoWars. It's rather simple. One should be upset about leftists promoting other leftists when your fellow rightists confuse them for rightists. Because the purpose of such people is to keep the mainstream right on the straight and narrow. Which is to say keep it the warmed-over left. "

Well, I think that the fact that some people on the right get confused about who's on the right is problem with the folks on the right who do get confused. It's not a problem so long as a leftist is honest about their bias, which most of these people are. There are stupid people on both sides IMO.

"If you can't see how this is beneficial to the left, I don't know what to say. "

I can see how this is beneficial to the left, I just don't see how this isn't just the way the game is played. Trump, himself, does something similar, by appealing to traditional Democratic constituencies. I don't think that because Trump doesn't have a warning before every tweet saying that he's conservative means that he is breaking the rules somehow.

Blogger Shawn Hetherington May 08, 2018 5:42 PM  

@74, I think we are talking past each other, so let me see if I can clarify things:

Imagine the opposite situation, - a group of right wing thinkers, presented to the public in such a way that they have considerable crossover appeal. Some of the less intelligent leftists start supporting this group but the members are all reasonably clear what there positions are.

I don't think there is anything wrong with this but I would be interested in any problems you see with it.

Blogger LP999-16 May 08, 2018 5:46 PM  

IDW? Thank you Mike Cerno; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ochu8W9ZBpE

Blogger tublecane May 08, 2018 5:52 PM  

@Shawn- You know, everyone knows Trump is a Republican. That's not some kind of secret. So I don't see the analogy.

You're looking at this backwards, I think. People here aren't calling out the left for "cheating!" That's something a Shapiro would say.

The point is, yes, this is how the game is played. Lots of people aren't aware of that fact, or even know it is a gamr. Which is why people like Vox need to inform them.

Blogger tublecane May 08, 2018 5:55 PM  

@Shawn- "I don't get it"

Apparently.

"Isn't your probppr really with the people who pay attention to these folks, not the folks themselves."

Both. And the solution to both problems is to call them out as posers and/or frauds.

Blogger Shawn Hetherington May 08, 2018 6:03 PM  

@82, "Both. And the solution to both problems is to call them out as posers and/or frauds."

But what if they're not frauds, what if they are exactly what they appear to me? It's hard to make the argument that someone who is of the left is a fraud when he claims to be a leftist.

Blogger VD May 08, 2018 6:13 PM  

But what if they're not frauds, what if they are exactly what they appear to me? It's hard to make the argument that someone who is of the left is a fraud when he claims to be a leftist.

Give it up, Shawn. We've dealt with smarter, more persistent trolls than you many times before, paid and unpaid.

No one cares what you think and no one cares what you don't understand.

Blogger Colin Flaherty's baby momma May 08, 2018 6:15 PM  

Shawn Hetherington wrote:
I don't think there is anything wrong with this but I would be interested in any problems you see with it.


Here's the problem, you duplicitous dumbass, these people are trying to ruin our nation & manipulate the mob to destroy us. They are not trying to be left alone to live on their own terms. They are trying to invade our space, infiltrate our institutions, and micromanage our existence to the point of extinction. The same thing your type has always done.

"For, under the cloak of purely social concepts there are hidden aims which are of a Satanic character.
These aims are even expounded in the open with the clarity of unlimited impudence.
This Marxist doctrine is an individual mixture of human reason and human absurdity; but the combination is arranged in such a way that only the absurd part of it could ever be put into practice, but never the reasonable part of it.
The intelligence behind the movement – for even this movement needs intelligence if it is to subsist – is supplied by the Jews themselves, naturally of course as a gratuitous service which is at the same time a sacrifice on their part.
Thus arose a movement which was composed exclusively of manual workers under the leadership of Jews.
To all external appearances, this movement strives to ameliorate the conditions under which the workers live; but in reality its aim is to enslave and thereby annihilate the non-Jewish races.


He felt obliged to let as many people as possible know how deeply the sufferings of the masses grieved him and to what excesses of personal sacrifice he was ready to go in order to help them.
With this manifestation of innate modesty, so typical of the Jew, he trumpeted his virtues before the world until finally the world actually began to believe him.
Those who refused to share this belief were considered to be doing him an injustice.
Thus after a little while he began to twist things around, so as to make it appear that it was he who had always been wronged, and vice versa. There were really some particularly foolish people who could not help pitying this poor unfortunate creature of a Jew.
Attention may be called to the fact that, in spite of his proclaimed readiness to make personal sacrifices, the Jew never becomes poor thereby.
He has a happy knack of always making both ends meet.

Simultaneously the Jew gave himself the air of thirsting after knowledge.
He lauded every phase of progress, particularly those phases which led to the ruin of others; for he judges all progress and development from the standpoint of the advantages which these bring to his own people.
When it brings him no such advantages he is the deadly enemy of enlightenment and hates all culture which is real culture as such.
All the knowledge which he acquires in the schools of others is exploited by him exclusively in the service of his own race.

To mask his tactics and fool his victims, he talks of the equality of all men, no matter what their race or colour may be. And the simpletons begin to believe him."

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 08, 2018 6:16 PM  

Shawn Hetherington wrote:But what if they're not frauds, what if they are exactly what they appear to me? It's hard to make the argument that someone who is of the left is a fraud when he claims to be a leftist.
Because they lie. They lie endlessly. Sometime they lie positively, sometimes they lies obfuscatorally, and sometimes they lie by remaining silent.
Honestly Shawn, as the Ilk will testify, I am being patient with you. Your inability to move beyond your own head is starting to annoy me.
These people want me dead. They want me unemployed IN GREENLAND. They want my family destroyed, and my children raped and murdered. They want to turn my beloved country into India.
The NKVD are pounding on your door and you're saying "You know, Lenin had a couple of good points, why are you so down on Communists?"

Blogger tublecane May 08, 2018 6:16 PM  

@Shawn- The wrongness from the perspective of leftists would be that their ranks are being converted by the enemy. What's so hard to understand about that?

You vastly underestimate how dishonest some people are being, by the way. With Peterson it may be partly accidental, because he came out of nowhere for a lot of people. All they know is a smart-sounding professor stoods up to crazy leftism. They have no knowledge of instances when he's made it clear where he stands. He certainly could be more forthright about it. The more famous he gets and the more opportunities he has to speak, the more burden there should be on him to proactively clarify his position.

Beyond Peterson, we have long experience with if not controlled opposition at least massive deception from people posturing as rightists or enlightened centrists who turned out to be liars. The biggest con-man of all being Bill Buckley.

Blogger Shawn Hetherington May 08, 2018 6:16 PM  

@84, "Give it up, Shawn. We've dealt with smarter, more persistent trolls than you many times before, paid and unpaid."

Ok, but I'm not trolling - I honestly don't get the logic.

Blogger Colin Flaherty's baby momma May 08, 2018 6:17 PM  

We know you Shawn.

"By means of a Press whose contents are adapted to the level of the most ignorant readers, the political and trades union organizations are provided with an instrument which prepares the lowest stratum of the nation for a campaign of ruthless destruction. It is not considered part of the purpose of this Press to inspire its readers with ideals which might help them to lift their minds above the sordid conditions of their daily lives; but, on the contrary, it panders to their lowest instincts. Among the lazy-minded and self-seeking sections of the masses this kind of speculation turns out lucrative.

It is this Press above all which carries on a fanatical campaign of calumny, strives to tear down everything that might be considered as a mainstay of national independence and to sabotage all cultural values as well as to destroy the autonomy of the national economic system.

It aims its attack especially against all men of character who refuse to fall into line with the Jewish efforts to obtain control over the State or who appear dangerous to the Jews merely because of their superior intelligence. For in order to incur the enmity of the Jew it is not necessary to show any open hostility towards him. It is quite sufficient if one be considered capable of opposing the Jew some time in the future or using his abilities and character to enhance the power and position of a nation which the Jew finds hostile to himself.

The Jewish instinct, which never fails where these problems have to be dealt with, readily discerns the true mentality of those whom the Jew meets in everyday life; and those who are not of a kindred spirit with him may be sure of being listed among his enemies. Since the Jew is not the object of aggression but the aggressor himself, he considers as his enemies not only those who attack him but also those who may be capable of resisting him. The means which he employs to break people of this kind, who may show themselves decent and upright, are not the open means generally used in honourable conflict, but falsehood and calumny.

He will stop at nothing.
His utterly low-down conduct is so appalling that one really cannot be surprised if in the imagination of our people the Jew is pictured as the incarnation of Satan and the symbol of evil."

Blogger VD May 08, 2018 6:26 PM  

Ok, but I'm not trolling - I honestly don't get the logic.

We don't care. Go clean your room and pet a cat.

Blogger Shawn Hetherington May 08, 2018 6:29 PM  

@85, "Here's the problem, you duplicitous dumbass, these people are trying to ruin our nation & manipulate the mob to destroy us. They are not trying to be left alone to live on their own terms. They are trying to invade our space, infiltrate our institutions, and micromanage our existence to the point of extinction. The same thing your type has always done. "

I actually want to thank you for this. I think that this is, in fact, the point of difference btw us. I genuinely don't feel threatened in a significant way by leftists or whomever. It's true that the world is not organized the way I would do it, but this has always been the case.

Fundamentally, as compared to you, I guess feel safe, I guess so the fact that there are 10 or 12 people who call themselves the IDW doesn't bother me at all. I don't see it as a sign that we on the right are on the verge of losing.

I think the truth (and the Truth) works and, all we have to do fundamentally, is trust it to do so. Having 12 (or 1200) tricksters really makes no difference to the truth at all and it's work will continue regardless.

Blogger Darwinite May 08, 2018 6:31 PM  

The “intellectual dark web” name is good Scott Adams persuasion, and it gives a clue to who’s behind it. Robert Cialdini developed the “dark” theme in 2016 to hypnotize those afraid of the dark to fear Trump. Now the same theme is being used to bring in those intrigued by the dark - to hook them on what? The Shapiro/Rubin YT safe space isn’t a big enough hook for this bait and the movement it will bring in. A bucko u

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 08, 2018 6:32 PM  

Shawn Hetherington wrote:Ok, but I'm not trolling - I honestly don't get the logic.

That's the only reason you've been shown so much restraint. People believe you are honestly retarded.

Me conservative.

Me Right Wing.

Left want me starve in ditch.

Left play many games make me starve in ditch.

Left lie to many many people, hope those people not pay me money, not let me work, make me starve in ditch.

Left want make laws put me in jail, be raped by Black men, then get released to starve in ditch.

Me talk many many people, tell them what Left do. tell them about Left lies, Left propaganda, Left schemes.

Shawn ask "what problem? Me too dumb understand."

Me hit Shawn with big rock.

Now Shawn understand.

Blogger VD May 08, 2018 6:48 PM  

I genuinely don't feel threatened in a significant way by leftists or whomever.

Then go read a book on the Spanish Civil War. Then read one on the Mexican Revolution. Then go visit Venezuala. That should cure you.

Also, we don't care.

Blogger tublecane May 08, 2018 6:49 PM  

@92- Remember when every MSM outlet coincidentally happened to use the word "dark" to describe Trump's inaugural address?

What is WaPo's motto? "Democracy dies in darkness?"

Yes, there's something going on with darkness.

Anonymous Anonymous May 08, 2018 6:49 PM  

"No one cares what you think and no one cares what you don't understand." - VD

Now I thought that was funny; and typical Vox. I just knew that was the best comment on this thread ... but then ...

"We don't care. Go clean your room and pet a cat."

I loved it. I have had a long day in a tech meeting and was really sour until that one.

Loved it.

Blogger Dire Badger May 08, 2018 6:56 PM  

"The Dark Web" is just a new buzzword. And you know how the NYT loves it's Buzz words.
It sounds deep, and mysterious, and they know their brain-damaged true believers eat that shit up. Like 'superfood', and 'free radicals', a new buzzword is their only method of keeping their finger on the pulse of the terminally stupid. The fact that the 'dark web' is simply a made-up-term some television show invented in order to sell a hollywood writer's version of the 'internet black market' does not make it any less useful as a meme.

They HAVE a real term, the 'alt right', the outgrowth at the intersection of HBD, the Manosphere, and Gamergate, but they seem to finally be learning the lesson that mentioning something as the 'enemy' simply attracts those who hate them into interest.

They dare not give the alt-right any more attention other than desperately trying to pretend it is going away.

Blogger DonReynolds May 08, 2018 7:24 PM  

"The core members have little in common politically. Bret and Eric Weinstein and Ms. Heying were Bernie Sanders supporters. Mr. Harris was an outspoken Hillary voter. Ben Shapiro is an anti-Trump conservative."

Ha ha ha....they got me laughing my fat hinnie off! Apparently, they have quite a bit in common politically. They may not agree on what they like, but there seems to be total agreement on what they do not like.

Yes, this is the FAKE Opposition. The difference without any difference. The rebel without a cause and the t-shirt of the week, all rolled into one.

Blogger tublecane May 08, 2018 7:49 PM  

Stop the presses! I just saw Glenn Beck endorse the "I.D.W." on Twitter:

"And so it begins. The I.D.W. is the movement that changes everything."

His only complaint is that the NYT doesn't picture Shapiro.

(Was I ever so naive/such a liar?)

Blogger OGRE May 08, 2018 8:10 PM  

I'd note that Peterson's rise from relative obscurity happened because of a video that went viral that was only partially related to him. It wasn't his opposition to C16 that made him famous, but the Smugglypuff viral video. But once attention had been brought onto him through this video, thats when people started taking notice of him and his position on C16, and his popularity greatly increased.

In fall 2016 JP released a video stating his opposition to C16. A week or so later the SJWs at the University of Toronto staged a protest against JP because of this video. Shortly after that, a campus free speech group organized a their own free speech rally and invited JP to speak along with Lauren Southern, among others.

At this event Southern was interviewing people in the crowd and was confronted by an angry transman (or transwoman, I can't remember what label I'm supposed to use). This transperson aggressively knocked Southern's microphone out of her hand and disappeared into the crowd. A scuffle began to form and the police stepped in.

While the police were dealing with the situation a short round transperson that looked like a feminized Eric Cartman interjected itself and told the police "Nothing happened, officer" with an extremely smug and self satisfied grin. It then turned to Southern and flipped her off. This is what went viral. The Carman-esque creature was reviled all over the internet and quickly received the moniker of Smugglypuff. (As the Trigglypuff incident occurred not too long before this one)

As the Smugglypuff saga continued with her subsequent arrest on an unrelated matter, people started to take note of JPs interaction with the crowd. He began to be interviewed because of this event and the violence of the SJWs that was on display, people started talking about him, etc. Thats what launched his internet popularity. Now JP had been on Canadian media numerous times before, but he was unknown in the US until the Smugglypuff incident.

Would he have become popular without this event having occurred? Possibly, but unlikely. I'd think the same would be true of Bret Weinstein; had he not been so violently opposed in the Evergreen College fiasco we'd never have heard of him.

Could these events have been staged in order to prop up the popularity of these two? Highly unlikely. The series of events that led up to the viral videos seem to have occurred independent of any outside influence (student organized protests and counter protests), and then its very hard to anticipate and manufacture anything to make it go viral. It seems that the harder one tries to make a viral video the less chance it has; these things are extremely organic and very dependent on what other memes and videos are viral at a specific point in time. I know the opposition is clever, but they haven't figured out how to do this yet.

This isn't to say that JP has not been annointed as approved opposition; obviously he has. But I don't think theres any evidence that he or his rise in popularity has been manufactured in any way. Its been extremely organic. Maybe the Newman interview was manufactured, but his initial interjection into the public discourse was purely accidental.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 08, 2018 8:43 PM  

OGRE wrote:This isn't to say that JP has not been annointed as approved opposition; obviously he has. But I don't think theres any evidence that he or his rise in popularity has been manufactured in any way. Its been extremely organic.
If it involves Salem, the Mercer family or Shapiro in any way it's manufactured.

Blogger Meimou May 08, 2018 8:52 PM  

English Tom
Psaul Joseph Watson is controlled opposition. Go on YouTube and type in PJW and the Jewish question. He states flatly be has seen no evidence of jews running things

Black and white binery thinking. Better men than him cucked out when it comes to the JQ, VD just had an interview with one.

When Jared Tylar was asked about jews on The Phil Donahue show He said something to the effect of "I don't have a problem with them".

*takes sip of water*

Blogger VD May 08, 2018 9:13 PM  

Go away, Shawn. You're too tedious for words.

Blogger Meimou May 08, 2018 9:27 PM  

Legion of Logic
How dare Shapiro only praise Trump when he deserves it

That's not our problem with him. He is controlled opposition.

1. He attacks and attempts to marginalize nationlist anti NWO personalities ala William F Buckley. In one of his first interviews with Dave Rubin he throws shade at Pat Buchanan, Alex Jones, and Ron Paul in a span of 5 minutes, huge red flag and the only one someone with discernment sermon should need.

2. He attacks and attempts to marginalize White identitarians or anyone who has the audacity to think whites should stand up fo themselves, and see themselves as a group... all the while supporting Israel, a Jewish ethnostate.

While being interviewed by Dave Rubin he even says "I'm against racial identity but not religious identity". He thinks he's being clever, he thinks he's giving himself and out on hypocrisy when everybody knows damn well that being Jewish isn't just about being religious, it's also a racial identity.

One of his races weaknesses is that they don't give the goyim enough credit.

3. Close association with Glenn Beck. He considers Beck a intellectual mentor.

4. Praised by enemy media.

Do you need anything else?



Blogger Teleros May 08, 2018 9:48 PM  

In fact, the very event that reportedly made Peterson famous appears to have been based on a mischaracterization of the law by Peterson. So much for the courage of his much-vaunted stand.

Given who controls Canada, fearing that "likely to cause a breach of the peace" will all too easily be read as "likely to speak right-wing stuff", and that the 1950 court case defining breach of the peace will be overturned to make way for a more modern definition... honestly I don't think it's unreasonable.

Besides, if that fails, "call me xe or I'll have Antifa breach the peace!" might work :P . But as others here have already commented, this may actually be a case where the Crazy Christ got it right...

= = = = =

Solaire Of Astora wrote:As an aside, this Alex Jones interview is getting VD a fairly positive reception on /pol/.

Always a good thing.

Blogger Lazarus May 08, 2018 10:40 PM  

It seems to me that wiping out the Manifestly Approved Fake Opposition is of more immediate importance strategically than engaging in direct opposition to the oppressors, as Vox has demonstrated.

Go hard, Go Long.

It does not matter that they are innocent dupes. Human shields are a violation of the Geneva convention and can be dispatched with impunity under international law.

So go for it.

Blogger Were-Puppy May 08, 2018 11:14 PM  

@41 Shawn Hetherington

Why all the conspiratorial claims?
---

C'MON MAN. When the curtain is pulled back and you see the wizard, don't pretend nothing happened.

Blogger Were-Puppy May 08, 2018 11:30 PM  

@73 tublecane
@67- I wouldn't exactly be heartbroken to learn Watson is a fake. And for all I know he may be flat-out lying.
---

The Infowars guys are all Civ Natties. To some that makes them controlled opposition I guess.

Blogger Were-Puppy May 08, 2018 11:34 PM  

@77 Solaire Of Astora

As an aside, this Alex Jones interview is getting VD a fairly positive reception on /pol/. Looks like going after Peterson is a good way to get around the Nazi larpers that normally attack him in any topic that mentions him there. Or maybe fed plant shills don't have a script ready for this yet.
---

One funny character that was in a livechat during the interview was trying to paint vox as a "skin head" because he is bald.

Blogger Darwinite May 08, 2018 11:41 PM  

The Alexander Offord article was a total misdirection away from the Canadian Human Rights Act harassment charge (interpreted according to the Ontario Human Rights code), to the Criminal Code’s incitement of hatred charge. It demolished a straw man, and left the argument untouched.

Blogger Were-Puppy May 08, 2018 11:47 PM  

@95 tublecane
What is WaPo's motto? "Democracy dies in darkness?"
---

I keep waiting on SJWs to attack them for racism over that.

Blogger Were-Puppy May 08, 2018 11:49 PM  

@99 tublecane
Stop the presses! I just saw Glenn Beck endorse the "I.D.W." on Twitter:
---

Anything Blubberin' Beck is involved with is doomed to failure. It's a cosmic law.

Blogger Were-Puppy May 08, 2018 11:53 PM  

@103 VD
Go away, Shawn. You're too tedious for words.
---

A meme
https://i.imgflip.com/29wwmc.jpg

Blogger Were-Puppy May 08, 2018 11:55 PM  

I also noted James Damore in there.

Is it possible that this was all thought up so far in advance that they actually set that entire incident up to give him anti-SJW and anti-Fem credibility for their future IDW superhero club?

If so then maybe they were planning on this to define a new overton window where someone like James is the extreme right.

Blogger FP May 09, 2018 12:21 AM  

"Then read one on the Mexican Revolution."

Heh, which one? Spanish, French, or the national one? Always a favorite point of mine to bring up mexican politics when people mention the "natural conservative" angle on latino immigration. Then you have the PRI's 100 year socialist reign or Chiapas in the past 25 years.

Blogger Bobiojimbo May 09, 2018 12:22 AM  

"The core members have little in common politically. Bret and Eric Weinstein and Ms. Heying were Bernie Sanders supporters. Mr. Harris was an outspoken Hillary voter. Ben Shapiro is an anti-Trump conservative."

Comedic.

Blogger Ian Stein May 09, 2018 12:54 AM  

Weinsteins? Give me a break. How anyone named Weinstein could have any cachet at this time is just silly.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 09, 2018 1:14 AM  

Were-Puppy wrote:Is it possible that this was all thought up so far in advance...
No. They were just on the lookout for Leftie that some Righties wanted to support.

Blogger wreckage May 09, 2018 1:33 AM  

THAT'S the intellectual Dark Web? They're all high profile.

And there's another lesson: media reporting on science is bunk. media reporting on the economy is bunk. media reporting on the New Amazingly Secret Political Radicals... yeah. You don't need an IQ of 150 to spot it.

I disagree that Peterson is notably evil, but he is being heavily selected-for by the news breeders, which means his views are considered "safe".

Fortunately the news-breeders don't know when they're being incoherent. They counter propagandize themselves every minute of the day. Jews are over-represented because race, but race doesn't have any bearing on performance in any task or bundle of tasks?

Peterson's endorsement of symbolism, ritual, and sacrifice as a true and proper representation of human psychic drives (demonstrably correct) but also the new Atheist's incoherent jabbering about religion swooping in from some alien other-where to sow the seeds of evil in human thought?

I agree that a little truth is the best way to lie, but the media moguls and culture mandarins do not understand just how dangerous a little truth is.

Blogger Francis Parker Yockey May 09, 2018 2:03 AM  

@26 AnvilTiger

You can't get anymore fake news than this NYT opinion article by Bari Weiss. The link to her is broken, but when you fix it, it leads to this: "Bari Weiss is an Op-Ed staff editor and writer. She writes about culture and politics. Bari was an op-ed and book review editor at The Wall Street Journal before joining the Times in 2017. She has also worked at Tablet, the online magazine of Jewish politics and culture

Well that's nice. Guess what appeared in Tablet a couple of weeks ago?

http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/260735/splc-klan-hunters-to-smear-machine

An anti-SPLC rant, castigating them for hating on... some of the same people that the NYT is now trying so hard to promote as the "IDW." How about that.

As an aside, note the studied neutrality of both pieces towards Charles Murray. Very similar in tone Looks like he's come to terms with them somehow.

@115 FP
Heh, which one?

The Cristeros would probably be the best illustration.

Blogger Unknown May 12, 2018 3:25 AM  

Bill C-16 wasn't based on a misrepresentation at all. The Alexander Offord article says the following:

"I am sympathetic to much of what thinkers like Adolph Reed and Rania Khalek have expressed w/r/t “identity politics.” I think you have very seriously misread them. How you have managed to convince yourself that transpeople represent the “ruling class” and that the “bloody-toothed Leviathan of government” is somehow working to their benefit at the expense of Jordan Peterson’s right to be a colossal douchebag is well beyond my powers of intellection. The one in every three transpeople each year who commit suicide (more than twice the national rate) must not have been kept abreast of how cushy they had it as the new Canadian elites; the 20% who were physically or sexually abused last year for being trans and the 24% who were harassed by the police must not have been doing it right. The two-thirds of all transpeople in Ontario who avoid public spaces for fear of exactly people like Jordan Peterson must just not be, I don’t know, bougie enough."

The article states that the Bill says nothing about infringing on freedom of speech, but goes on to say that willful 'misgendering' - that is, you refusing to call a man like Bruce Jenner a woman - is hate speech. The article insists that it is sophistry, but the law itself is very clear. Offord is pro-trans and as such he is defending the Bill to protect trans people's lives. He also denies race and IQ.

I would suggest reading the Bill yourself, Vox. It's very clear in what it says. If it was full of BS, then Lindsay Shepherd wouldn't have been brought forward in her own little trial.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts