ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Monday, May 28, 2018

The communications gap at work

More empirical evidence of the existence of the communications gap, as if any were needed:
I have gained nothing from watching this video. My IQ is around 120 and I don't understand what is being said here. I have watched this stream 2x and I don't get it. I know that government forcing people to use speech is bad; cleaning your room is good. 

Labels: ,

100 Comments:

Blogger S1AL May 28, 2018 11:06 AM  

Reads like a comment made by someone who got an IQ score from the internet.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother May 28, 2018 11:07 AM  

Which video is he referring to? My IQ is about the same as his. I'll give it the old college try.

Blogger R Doom May 28, 2018 11:10 AM  

Wow, wait until he hears about the "Thou shalt nots..." he'll likely be blown away!

Blogger Teleros May 28, 2018 11:11 AM  

My IQ is around 120

I see even IQ tests aren't immune from grade inflation.

Blogger Anno Ruse May 28, 2018 11:16 AM  

It takes a genius to come up with "communications gap" to explain why you can't talk to stupid people.

Blogger SidVic May 28, 2018 11:16 AM  

#2 - i know...right. throw in quick link to vid, maybe it is gibberish:)

Blogger Ominous Cowherd May 28, 2018 11:24 AM  

The poor dummy with the +1SD IQ is trying to listen across a 4SD gap. Vox talking to him is like him talking to a 60IQ retard. It's amazing how patient and how effective Vox is at communicating.

Blogger bob kek mando - ( Creepy Joe Biden always asks for consent before changing your baby's diaper ) May 28, 2018 11:26 AM  

one possible explanation for Peterson is the example of Hemingway; read 'By-line: Ernest Hemingway', which is a collection of his newspaper articles.

prior to Pearl Harbor, he presented himself as emphatically against any American involvement in the European conflict. after Pearl, he rolled over and enthusiastically demanded American involvement.

and then, at time of severe rationing, he got paid off with government authorization to spend the war fishing for sailfish in the Caribbean and boozing it up in Havana, burning precious fuel and pretending to be hunting U-boats.

Blogger veryfunnyminion May 28, 2018 11:26 AM  

IQ and international tests like GMAT have consistently told me I'm smarter than 98% of people.

I have always found the implications of this so terrifying that I generally try not to think about it.

Blogger AbsurdityIsPeace May 28, 2018 11:35 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Jail Cussox May 28, 2018 11:37 AM  

Vox is easy to follow and understand. He lays out a thorough and clearcut case in plain English.

Blogger Resident Moron™ May 28, 2018 11:37 AM  

Well, veryfunnyminion, you and Dr Peterson have somewhat in common; reality frightens him so much he actively avoids thinking about it, too ...

Blogger Harambe May 28, 2018 11:37 AM  

A 120 IQ is only good for picking up low-key dick jokes in children's cartoons.

Blogger Crush Limbraw May 28, 2018 11:39 AM  

OT, but what happened to a Fork in the Road post?

Blogger VD May 28, 2018 11:43 AM  

Wrong schedule. It will be up again at 1 PM.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother May 28, 2018 11:45 AM  

It is what it is, Harambe.

Blogger Rickaby007 May 28, 2018 11:46 AM  

I don't think IQ alone is sufficient enough to explain the behavior and comments of Peterson fans. Peterson's real identity and disposition is very simple to learn once you can accept the fact that things aren't always as they appear and the obvious inconsistencies in Peterson's work and thought. It's almost as if some people can't process factual info in a proper way like they're suffering from some kind of disorder. The fact that most of his fans are, probably, leftists can explain a lot if you think about it.

Blogger L' Aristokrato May 28, 2018 11:54 AM  

And now to Photoshop Jordan Peterson naked, but for an Emperor's crown...

Blogger tuberman May 28, 2018 11:56 AM  

A 120 IQ is pretty good, and with work someone in that range can get a higher degree in a legit areas. This guy is not really trying, he is lying.

Of course, he may not be even close to good at reading. Also, he may not have any depth to his IQ level, which comes from the correct attitude and the ability to pursue solid foundations logically.

Blogger Looking Glass May 28, 2018 11:59 AM  

@16 Rickaby007

Peterson is an extremely talented lecturer. He's got a rare skill at it, and it's quite important. So you take something everyone has absorbed more than a decade of (being lectured at), mix in not hating his audience, and you create the first real instance some guys have of not being hated by an "approved" figure.

Especially in the 5 min snippets, you won't catch the problems of Peterson, and, since he's cast himself in an "ally" role, it is expected his fans will defend him. It's just natural human behavior.

Related to that, there's always a massive market for "midwit knowledge". It drives several big areas of the Knowledge Economy.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 28, 2018 12:01 PM  

120 IQ is probably the sweet spot for success.

The person who wrote that comment has a sub-normal IQ.

Blogger AbsurdityIsPeace May 28, 2018 12:06 PM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:120 IQ is probably the sweet spot for success.

What's the downfall with 121+ IQ?

Blogger Nate May 28, 2018 12:06 PM  

120 to 125 absolutely is the sweet spot for success. Most CEOs are in that 125 range.

Blogger Nate May 28, 2018 12:08 PM  

"What's the downfall with 121+ IQ?"

Having a very high IQ is not a universal good. it comes with a lot of costs. For one it makes communication very difficult. it also makes it harder to focus on one thing. It even can make it hard to sleep.

Blogger Dave May 28, 2018 12:08 PM  

Seems you attracted a stalker on youtube, Vox. I see he left 6 consecutive comments on the latest JBP Darkstream in addition to the embarrassing "war room" comment.

Blogger Doktor Jeep May 28, 2018 12:10 PM  

Here is a question I have: while we have seen people claiming to be smart yet having issues communicating, is it possible, or are there examples of, dumb people capable of or exhibiting good communication skills?

Blogger LP999-16 May 28, 2018 12:11 PM  

I didn't make this point as I thought someone else would or already stated; people truly do not listen or read RE: JPdentics which was a discussion about the JW and IQ.

Here we have it again SD communiK gap, my tip is this; stop watching, stop interrupting with comments and only listen. You'd get something out of the peri's, which are by the way being uploaded to other chans at youtube, nice work.

16 It is either IQ or pills after all for a chaotic mind (ref from 12 rules) Vox Day would be unintelligible.

I believe the person is someplace else in iq range or unable to admit to be being wrong. Can this same person read the paper JP wrote/co-wrote as it was exposed?

Blogger tz May 28, 2018 12:20 PM  

When you don't want to understand or know, there is little to be done.
That is the difference between wisdom and knowledge or IQ.
IQ doesn't make you virtuous. Neither does knowledge.
But Wisdom begins with humility. You have to accept you might not be right, might not understand, and someone else might be, so you have to move to justice between yourself and others. And that will open nature and reality to you.

Blogger insight May 28, 2018 12:21 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Nate May 28, 2018 12:21 PM  

" while we have seen people claiming to be smart yet having issues communicating"

the problems created by IQ gap in communications are scientific fact proven by military studies.

Blogger Rickaby007 May 28, 2018 12:21 PM  

@19 I think Vox is on the money when he says that Peterson's fans don't consume much of his content. Most have probably only seen a few lectures but call themselves fans because he's the coolest, edgiest celeb at the moment. Or something along those lines. That would explain why most don't have grasp of his actual beliefs opposed to the portrayed ones. I still think most are mentally dysfunctional, though. What would be fun to see is a full-blown, dyed-in-the-wool Peterson fan come forth and try to explain what his messiah Peterson actually believes.

Blogger insight May 28, 2018 12:22 PM  

"The MPAI is strong in this one"

Blogger pdwalker May 28, 2018 12:31 PM  

Doktor Jeep: Mohammed-Ali, aka Cassius Clay. Not a smart man, but he was quick with words as well as his fists.

Blogger Kevin in the Midwest May 28, 2018 12:31 PM  

IQ is like dick size: if you have to make an unsolicited declaration of it from the beginning, it will be clear that you’re inflating figures by the end.

Blogger Rickaby007 May 28, 2018 12:34 PM  

@26 That's what I was implying. It's likely that a lot or most of Peterson's fans are left-wing and left-wingers fit generally into a few personality disorder and disorder boxes. They also have damaged amygdalae and a whole host of other problems as listed in Vox's earlier post. They are far from being mentally healthy people in any true sense. It's no surprise that they seem to be flocking in droves to an NWO shill and nutjob whose main skill is over-emotional crazy babble.

Blogger stats May 28, 2018 12:34 PM  

I'm curious to know which video Mr. 120 is referencing.

Blogger The Deplorable Podunk Ken Ramsey May 28, 2018 12:35 PM  

I suspect that his intelligence, or lack of it, is not his problem here. Because with Peterson it’s really simple if you look at what the man has to say dispassionately. Emotional subsidy and investment are the real obstacle. People are looking at Peterson and seeing who they want to see. And they do not want to not see it.

Blogger Matt May 28, 2018 12:36 PM  

"A 120 IQ is pretty good, and with work someone in that range can get a higher degree in a legit areas. This guy is not really trying, he is lying."

Right. 120 is plenty smart; more than enough intellectual horsepower to grok all or almost all of what's discussed here. Three sentences is way too little data to make a real guess, but if I had to, I'd say 95ish. That's with a few bonus points for the correctly used semicolon.

Blogger Mister Excitement May 28, 2018 12:36 PM  

I've never had the slightest problem understanding one syllable of anything Vox has ever written or said.

The IQ communication gap is real. My entire adult life I have struggled when talking to most people. It has been frustrating. People either don't believe what I'm saying, they get mad, or say something like "you're weird."

When I first read about this phenomenon at this blog, so much of the difficulty I've had dealing with people over the years suddenly made sense.

Blogger Uncle John's Band May 28, 2018 12:38 PM  

@8. veryfunnyminion

Your comment reminds me of the old Carlin quote: 'Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.'

Blogger Looking Glass May 28, 2018 12:39 PM  

Doktor Jeep wrote:Here is a question I have: while we have seen people claiming to be smart yet having issues communicating, is it possible, or are there examples of, dumb people capable of or exhibiting good communication skills?

Communication is its own skill set, separate from intelligence, but also bound up in language, posture and other particulars of a culture & sub-cultural norms.

To a highly intelligent viewer base, they wouldn't be good communicators, as they lack the identity aspect to relate. To a large group of "normals", sure. Mika still has a job.

Blogger Rickaby007 May 28, 2018 12:39 PM  

@25 no32 is right. Ali was a good speaker. That's one example. An example of a smart person with bad communication skills would be a dyslexic. A dyslexic with Aspergers would be twice as bad. It's not all about IQ.

Blogger Peaceful Poster May 28, 2018 12:43 PM  

A +2SD communication gap can normally be reduced significantly by reading/viewing 2X.

But it also requires an open mind, which this person clearly lacks.

Blogger Zeroh Tollrants May 28, 2018 12:43 PM  

Yeah, not buying the 120 IQ claim. I know what mine is, & I know what I'm capable of understanding and what I'm not, and nothing Vox says is at all difficult for me to grasp.

Blogger Nick May 28, 2018 12:46 PM  

IQ tests are bogus

Blogger VFM #7634 May 28, 2018 12:55 PM  

That's the 7 questions video, right? If that's the case, the guy is trolling you and/or being disingenuous. Either that or his IQ is actually about 90.

Blogger Anno Ruse May 28, 2018 12:58 PM  

> IQ tests are bogus

Yeah, just let smart people tell you how smart you are. Like when VD estimates other people's IQs. Once you've got that +2SD you can pretty much do what you want. Who's going to argue with you? A bunch of dummies?

Blogger Darwinite May 28, 2018 1:02 PM  

I disagree with Nate. The downfall of an above 120 IQ is you are approaching Island 125, the island of enlightened tyrants. 125s tend to be the worst people. Just smart enough to think they understand the worlds problems, and how to solve them. Idealistic utopians whose ideas end in totalitarianism or bankruptcy.

Blogger Looking Glass May 28, 2018 1:04 PM  

Darwinite wrote:I disagree with Nate. The downfall of an above 120 IQ is you are approaching Island 125, the island of enlightened tyrants. 125s tend to be the worst people. Just smart enough to think they understand the worlds problems, and how to solve them. Idealistic utopians whose ideas end in totalitarianism or bankruptcy.

"Smart enough to know something; not smart enough to understand they don't know most things".

Blogger Mark Stoval May 28, 2018 1:13 PM  

IQ tests are bogus

A long, long time ago the public school in Tn. gave us the same test the US Army was using for incoming troops. Was that test ok or not?

Blogger Bodo Staron May 28, 2018 1:14 PM  

"My IQ is around 120"
Don't lie on the Internet.

Blogger Helldoge Desotryer May 28, 2018 1:19 PM  

Can back this. Met a dude who's pseudonym is "The Tyrant."
Dude linked me his INTERNAT IQ with no reason to do so. It was 128... *slow clap* Also lies about common words. Straight faced lies. Obviously, because he's always right.

Blogger Dire Badger May 28, 2018 1:30 PM  

120 IQ is proud of having a large vocabulary
140 IQ is proud of being able to use Google and a dictionary for words he doesn't know.

Blogger Dire Badger May 28, 2018 1:33 PM  

The problem with the 120 IQ 'social scientist' liberal arts set is that they cannot use a dictionary... and so they are constantly making up new multisyllabic words for very old concepts and patting themselves on the back for their genius.

The difference is being willing to admit what you do not know and being willing and able to research it.

Blogger Gloriam Deo May 28, 2018 1:33 PM  

@47 I realized this a long time ago. I stopped hanging out with my average friends and purposed to find people 1-2 SDs higher than me to be friends with. I am 117, so it has been very good to recognize my weak spots and fill them with smarter, more able people. Not sure why they hang out with me, however.

Blogger heidi May 28, 2018 1:37 PM  

@19 Looking Glass:

You said, "Peterson is an extremely talented lecturer. He's got a rare skill at it, and it's quite important. "

But he's not. He's somewhat affable and rabbit trails with the occasional devolving into bloody this and damn that which people find amusing in "intellectual dialogue".

It is an interesting observation to see people who are tantalized by the idea of intellectual dialogue and rich philosophical discussion then take what he is saying at face value and run with it as though he is a veritable oracle. The intensity of the new accolyte's defense of basic ideas and newly discovered concepts as he presents them is fascinating. It is possible to hear him and evaluate his message while discarding irrelevancies and accepting some basic truths but the guy is hardly the revolutionary harbinger of redpills that he is touted as. Recently, my friend added me to three JP fan pages on FB where I scrolled through and watched them in their natural habitat. The cooler by association crowd and gut level need for affirmation and assent for the most basic observations was rampant.

Back to relate this to the OP. The normie level IQ, when exposed as such, wants desperately to compete and conquer. To be shown as comparable and competitive with higher ideas and concepts. They truly believe that if they just try harder they can make it work. So if and when they try harder and it doesn't work? The easiest solution is to despise and deride that which they don't understand. Because they CAN feel as though by parroting JP they are functioning at a level of heightened intelligence, the need to justify his idiosyncrasies and to oversell his content is merely an extension of their own ego.

Blogger Cetera May 28, 2018 1:48 PM  

Gloriam Deo wrote:@47 I realized this a long time ago. I stopped hanging out with my average friends and purposed to find people 1-2 SDs higher than me to be friends with. I am 117, so it has been very good to recognize my weak spots and fill them with smarter, more able people. Not sure why they hang out with me, however.

Because you can talk to them, and they can talk to you, and both be understood. That's a rare thing, a luxury, at their level. Sometimes it's nice to have someone around just for the pleasure of communicating.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 28, 2018 1:49 PM  

Rickaby007 wrote:What would be fun to see is a full-blown, dyed-in-the-wool Peterson fan come forth and try to explain what his messiah Peterson actually believes.
Coincidentally, Peterson is preaching exactly what they already believe, but with a veneer of intellectualism on top. This is true no matter what they already believe.

Blogger Rickaby007 May 28, 2018 1:51 PM  

@54 Because they CAN feel as though by parroting JP they are functioning at a level of heightened intelligence

Every time I repeat "clean your room" to myself, I feel more intelligent, sometimes more intelligent than Peterson. The first time I heard those sweet words leave his lips, I knew I was listening to an intellectual god. I wanted to know what kind of amazing supercomputer could compose such a sentence. No doubt the smartest man to ever live.

Blogger VFM #7634 May 28, 2018 1:58 PM  

"Not sure why they hang out with me, however."

@Gloriam Deo
Maybe because Christian midwits like yourself tend to be more tolerable than the atheist ones.

Blogger AbsurdityIsPeace May 28, 2018 1:58 PM  

Rickaby007 wrote:Every time I repeat "clean your room" to myself, I feel more intelligent, sometimes more intelligent than Peterson. The first time I heard those sweet words leave his lips, I knew I was listening to an intellectual god. I wanted to know what kind of amazing supercomputer could compose such a sentence. No doubt the smartest man to ever live.
That is some much-needed sarcasm. I, for the life of me, do not understand why people treat "clean your room" as the next beatitude.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 28, 2018 1:59 PM  

Gloriam Deo wrote:Not sure why they hang out with me, however.
Most people have no idea how solitary UHIQ life really is.


To answer a previous question, a large part of success in life is leadership. To really make it, you have to be able and willing to lead others, to multiply your own efforts.
Most VHIQ people grow up without being able to really relate to or communicate with most people. Even among those who are naturally talented at it, the simple fact is that leading people requires communication with them.
And then among those who are able, few even want to. Ask Vox. He's a natural Sigma, the idea of leading a bunch of people, as he's been more or less forced to do by the current situation and the necessity of circumstance quite obviously annoys the shit out of him. He'd much rather be writing books. I'm a natural Beta/Delta. Being in front gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Blogger Looking Glass May 28, 2018 2:02 PM  

@53 Gloriam Deo

Because you wanted to talk to them. Realize, we scare "normals" away if we talk too much. It's an intrinsic differential that separates people. You can see how much trouble Vox has with audience uptake, and he's involved in more common, public-facing types of activities. Think how hard it is for the hyper-technical engineer class.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 28, 2018 2:06 PM  

The thing about "Clean your room" that stood out to me was the command that you cannot engage in public life, you cannot change the world until your room is "perfectly clean."
This is obviously a move to neutralize the alt-Nazi shitloards.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother May 28, 2018 2:07 PM  

I am excited to be in front of a bunch of people. They all have to listen to whatever I say!

Blogger Edward Isaacs May 28, 2018 2:20 PM  

It is p lonely being smart and working class. 120ish folks are fun but rare. Anyone below that and there's nothing for me to talk about except bs and fart jokes... then my fart jokes go over their head half the time =/

Blogger RobertT May 28, 2018 2:20 PM  

A high IQ means you are always alone in any crowd.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother May 28, 2018 2:22 PM  

Edward, Sit down when you tell them. That should solve your problem.

Blogger Al K. Annossow May 28, 2018 2:31 PM  

"my fart jokes go over their head half the time"

That's both very funny and sad. It does prove that you're at least trying. It might help to find and memorize some jokes or comics off twitter. Save and review before a known get together. Or even news articles of funny situations. Use the mass media to figure out what is funny to the masses.

Blogger Gloriam Deo May 28, 2018 2:32 PM  

@61 & @60 yeah. this is what i have been wagering on. the first 130+ dude I befriended is an engineer type. Don't think he had had very many friends before that. Solid beta dude.
@55 yeah. i figured as much. thats the only explanation for why i feel like a lap dog at times.

The other thing is that I am an omega turned sigma/situational alpha. I was talking with one of them and I wonder if that personality type endears itself to high IQ types. Or maybe we are all just assholes and respect each other for that. idk.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother May 28, 2018 2:37 PM  

Gloriam Deo,

If you were a real Sigma you'd be like Arnold Sigmanegger.

Blogger Looking Glass May 28, 2018 2:37 PM  

@60 Snidely Whiplash

The kind of funny thing is that most Leadership actually isn't that hard. It's a skill, like everything else, but it's really the energy load that's hard. The Alpha/Testosterone connection is real due to the raw energy it takes to manage anything. The bigger the group you're leading, the bigger you have to project your personality upon the situation, which takes even more energy.

There's also the issue that making everything co-ed has prevented most young Men from learning any leadership skills, as there just ain't anyone around to follow.

Blogger tublecane May 28, 2018 2:40 PM  

@25- Absolutely. Plenty of idiots have the "gift of gab." See black comedians, for instance. (While comedians are usually smarter than other types of entertainers, because they have to create their own material, that's not necessarily saying much.)

Blogger Daniel Paul Grech Pereira May 28, 2018 3:04 PM  

Imagine believing that 120 is a high IQ.

Blogger RobertT May 28, 2018 3:08 PM  

I eagerly just watched parts of three Darkstreams and, mcuh to my disappointment, a midwit could follow along. What video is this guy talking about?

Blogger Gloriam Deo May 28, 2018 3:12 PM  

@69 (hehe)
Arnold Sigmanegger? I must have missed this meme. Enlighten me?

Blogger Gloriam Deo May 28, 2018 3:15 PM  

@70 This. There is some natural talent needed to be a good leader, but practice and experience are what takes that talent and refines it. Alphas, high betas, sigmas (to some extent) have that talent and find themselves refining because they gravitate towards using that talent.

Blogger Mark Stoval May 28, 2018 3:28 PM  

@72

"Imagine believing that 120 is a high IQ."

I don't have to imagine that. 120 and up is in the top 9% of the population. I have never had trouble teaching math to people with at least 110.

120 might not be all that rare, but it is high enough to do most anything. Almost anything; you might never revolutionize physics but you might make a fabulous engineer. (engineers are my favorite people -- they design things I want and need)

To have a 120 IQ, good work habits, good organizational skills, ability to focus on a problem at hand, and willingness to ask others for help as needed is the kind of person our technological society needs. We could use more of those people.

Blogger Lyon May 28, 2018 3:45 PM  

@58 & @60

"Most people have no idea how solitary UHIQ life really is."

True.

It easier to relate to those above or below in intellect by approaching with a degree of humility, meaning to acknowledge that no one knows everything, me and everyone else included. 'Through a glass darkly' plays into this.

Also, it's easier to move amid varying IQ types if you're a sigma type (...not a game player, thought to be different, but comes out on top despite a refusal to play to the crowd). Easier, but it still takes some resolve.

Blogger artensoll May 28, 2018 3:48 PM  

17. L'Aristokrato "And now to Photoshop Jordan Peterson naked, but for an Emperor's crown..."

Would you please include alien noodle fingers? TIA

Blogger VFM #7634 May 28, 2018 4:23 PM  

Yeah, UHIQ people are pretty much compelled into the Omega - Delta-loner - Sigma portion of the spectrum. I find that normies consider me to be half-crazy, and in public situations I refrain from talking much, or at least try to imitate a normie. I'm pretty sure the whole "mad scientist" stereotype comes from the attempts of normies to depict UHIQ people.

Blogger Looking Glass May 28, 2018 5:13 PM  

@79 VFM #7634

I take my time teaching people how to talk with me, for non-public discussion spaces. For the same reason you don't hard-foul someone else when you're playing a pick-up game. The normal person can't comprehend your existence, so there's no sense getting upset about it. If you haven't made your peace with that reality by your teen years, you're going to end up a hermit & a miser pretty quickly.

There's a space in the IQ range around 135-140 that probably have it the worst. They're by definition "smart", but they've have to deal with all of issues with none of the true power of a very high intelligence. It's a rough spot to be the "lowest of the elite" in anything.

@76 Mark Stoval

With 120 & good work habits, you'll have a wonderful career in whatever field you apply yourself to. Know a few guys in that range that make a lot of money, and it's for good reason.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine May 28, 2018 5:48 PM  

"is it possible, or are there examples of, dumb people capable of or exhibiting good communication skills?"

I've seen people who scored sub 10 on the ASVAB write sentence after flawless sentence, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

Granted it's not common, but I've seen it several times, and I'm not someone who would be looking for it.

"For one it makes communication very difficult. it also makes it harder to focus on one thing. It even can make it hard to sleep."

Also makes you less likely to have kids, or to have many kids, for various reasons.

"the problems created by IQ gap in communications are scientific fact proven by military studies."

They even have colloquialisms referring to it. "Don't nuke it." "Stop nuking it." "Are you even capable of not nuking it?"

"The IQ communication gap is real. My entire adult life I have struggled when talking to most people. It has been frustrating. People either don't believe what I'm saying, they get mad, or say something like "you're weird.""

I was aware of it from personal experience from around sixteen or so. I didn't find out about it here, but rather found out about the 2SD comedy gap first, and the real problem is located pretty easily from there.

"140 IQ is proud of being able to use Google and a dictionary for words he doesn't know."

So much truth it hurts.

Blogger Michael May 28, 2018 6:43 PM  

LOL .... those pesky internet IQ tests 😂

Blogger Baseball Savant May 28, 2018 7:41 PM  

Having a very high IQ is not a universal good. it comes with a lot of costs. For one it makes communication very difficult. it also makes it harder to focus on one thing. It even can make it hard to sleep.

the sleep thing is underrated. i've been a horrible sleeper my entire life and until someone with an IQ similar to mine told me about his sleep problems i never put the two together.

Blogger James Dixon May 28, 2018 7:48 PM  

> Vox is easy to follow and understand. He lays out a thorough and clearcut case in plain English.

It is unfortunately that for many people those two statements have no direct linkage.

> ...is it possible, or are there examples of, dumb people capable of or exhibiting good communication skills?

Of course. Barack Obama, just to name one. His intelligence is almost all verbal based.

> I'm a natural Beta/Delta. Being in front gives me the heebie-jeebies.

I knew there was a reason I got along with you. :)

I always test as a sigma on the tests designed to measure such things though.

Blogger Artisanal Toad May 28, 2018 8:07 PM  

I maintain that "natural" alphas are almost exclusively ENTJ personality types regardless of their IQ (and are frequently more effective with a ~105-110 IQ).

The sigmas are drawn from the ranks of the INTJ, but only from the > +1SD range. The higher the IQ of the INTJ the more likely he is a sigma.

Some are borderline in terms of being introverted vs extreverted, which means they could be either alpha or sigma as the situation requires. Then come the issues of IQ gap communication and some are sigmas by default. They have a low tolerence for fools.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother May 28, 2018 9:03 PM  

I'm not ENTJ, and above 110. On the basis on one person, your theory fails!

¡SCIENCE!

Blogger wreckage May 28, 2018 10:16 PM  

To understand Vox, simply assume he isn't BS'ing you, and grind on through "assuming for the sake of argument" until you see how it all works.

It's a simple case of applying known disciplines to the subject so that you don't need to clear it on pure talent.

It might also come as a surprise to know that understanding the argument doesn't suddenly force you to accept it as the only possible reality, contrary to modern superstition.

Blogger Pale Male May 28, 2018 10:32 PM  

simply assume he isn't BS'ing you, and grind on through "assuming for the sake of argument" until you see how it all works.
Most people cannot do that.  They cannot consider the implications of something that they believe to be false, and follow the train of consequences to see if it maps out.

I've seen it suggested that the ability to correctly process counterfactuals should be required for the right to vote.  I think I agree with this.  It would weed out the idiots.

Blogger tz May 28, 2018 10:57 PM  

There are many morbidly obese men. Your mission, if you decide to accept it, is to find a way to create 800 pound Guerilla warfar.

Blogger bob kek mando - ( Creepy Joe Biden always asks for consent before changing your baby's diaper ) May 28, 2018 11:27 PM  

29. Nate May 28, 2018 12:21 PM
the problems created by IQ gap in communications are scientific fact proven by military studies.



and we've also seen people in these very discussion threads claiming that +98th percentile people aren't "understanding" what they're saying
...
when they're blatantly contradicting their own statements, often within the same sentence.

the existence of an IQ Communications Gap does not exclude from consideration Stupid People asserting for themselves a competence which they clearly do NOT possess.

ie - "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit." it will work ... 90% of the time. MPAI.

Blogger Al Du Clur May 29, 2018 12:43 AM  

"Peterson is an extremely talented lecturer. He's got a rare skill at it, and it's quite important. "

Peterson, like Obama, is skilled at playing a part and, like with Obama,it only takes a short time to see through the charade. Unfortunately, Peterson groupies like Obama groupies don't want to see through the charade. Instead, they go on the attack because they have too much emotionally invested in the performance.

Blogger Dire Badger May 29, 2018 12:57 AM  

So what socio-sexual hierarchy position do redhead chasers inhabit?

Blogger Wynn Lloyd May 29, 2018 1:58 AM  

Your I.Q. is higher than that. You should get another test.

Blogger Tanjil Bren May 29, 2018 4:56 AM  

I can't help feeling you're selecting the low-hanging fruit, and for which I will give a passing pass.
But the two recent examples given are a parody.
I have an IQ of 136 (and who cares: seriously not I).
Everything you've said or written is clear and concise AFAIC (though I'm not a fraction as well read as you; I can still appreciate the concepts and the energy required to absorb same).
They simply don't understand your analysis of the thoughts of others.
Stupid or ignorant?
Different paradigms.

Blogger swiftfoxmark2 May 29, 2018 9:07 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger swiftfoxmark2 May 29, 2018 9:09 AM  

This guy is either lying or intellectually lazy or both. I don't know what my IQ is but I understood Vox perfectly.

Blogger Peter Gent May 29, 2018 9:39 AM  

Artisanal Toad wrote:I maintain that "natural" alphas are almost exclusively ENTJ personality types regardless of their IQ (and are frequently more effective with a ~105-110 IQ).

The sigmas are drawn from the ranks of the INTJ, but only from the > +1SD range. The higher the IQ of the INTJ the more likely he is a sigma.

Some are borderline in terms of being introverted vs extroverted, which means they could be either alpha or sigma as the situation requires. Then come the issues of IQ gap communication and some are sigmas by default. They have a low tolerance for fools.


I resemble that last remark. I am on the cusp of E/I and just above 140. My low tolerance for fools, no matter how hard I try to mitigate it, has gotten me into a lot of trouble over the years. Also, I constantly have to remind myself that most people are blind to what is obvious to me, so getting frustrated is a waste of time since it really isn't their fault.

Blogger justaguy May 29, 2018 3:21 PM  

While a UHIQ (lets just say above 140) does have advantages and disadvantages, most of the discussion is about how these people have been socialized. While everyone's Mileage May Vary, the acceptance and socialization of very bright people varies greatly. In today's seemingly male-hating public schools, the UHIQ may be ridiculed into being submissive but more likely will early on figure out what a crock public education has become and move on to better things.

One thing that can be learned by the UHIQ, is how to communicate with others, it is just how many times does the 85% below 116 actually deal with and talk to the less than 1% above 140?

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts