ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Friday, May 25, 2018

What it looks like

In case you ever found it hard to understand what was meant by the 2-SD IQ gap that prevents effective communication, this comment on a recent Darkstream should help illuminate the concept for you.
I am trying my best to get to know you and figure you out.I am trying to be fair and listen to both sides. But for the life of me I am not getting it. Because what and when you are saying it is nonsense it is just a fruit salad. It just sounds like psycho babble to me to same way whatever Peterson is saying sounds like psycho babble to you. I am thinking this is one of those times it might be best I just close my eyes and ears before they are too polluted with your nonsense. From where I sit I am hearing Peterson is selling out all over the country and filling up venues with people that obviously understand and need his nonsense and will pay for it. And it is obvious to me that he might be doing something ok and right because people are trying to bring him down and stain him and ruin him for whatever nefarious reason they have. Whether it ruins or interferes with their narrative like the catholic church did back in the day when they destroyed everything that wasn't in their book of ideas. So whether your cause is noble or not is yet to be scene and I can hear nor sense any real motive for me to be on your side to disparage the man. It just sounds like you are making things up as you go along the same way you are accusing him for doing... that's what I am getting out of this... 
It's a good poing. After all, how can Hitler possibly have been bad? He filled up venues all over Germany and a lot of people around the world went well out of their way to try to bring him down for whatever nefarious reason.

I sometimes wonder what it would be like to legitimately be that stupid. Just the process of getting up, eating breakfast, and making the morning commute must feel like an awe-striking series of wondrous mysteries. It's as if the guy can see the tree and see the acorn, but has no idea that they might be related somehow. And as for the crazy notion that squirrels eat trees and live in them, well, that's clearly just psycho babble.

Jordan Peterson's philosophy doesn't sound like word salad to me because it is so intellectually advanced, it sounds like word salad because it is word salad.

Labels: ,

119 Comments:

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother May 25, 2018 2:32 PM  

Wow

I literally

I literally can't even

I just literally

I literally

Can't

Even

Blogger JACIII May 25, 2018 2:39 PM  

That's only mildly retarded for a literate. It can get much worse when you go verbal.

Blogger ghostfromplanetspook May 25, 2018 2:39 PM  

But why come lobsters vox?

Blogger John May 25, 2018 2:42 PM  

Reminds me of an Ayn Rand character. "How can he be wrong? Everyone says he's brilliant!" I believe a large reason for his misunderstanding is the persistent need of align one's views with the majority. He hides his inability in the clamor of the mob.

Blogger artensoll May 25, 2018 2:44 PM  

"And as for the crazy notion that squirrels eat trees and live in them, well, that's clearly just psycho babble."

THAT is yet to be scene.

Blogger heidi May 25, 2018 2:44 PM  

For lots and lots of people the daily grind is a wonderous time. Magical. That made my brain hurt.

Blogger Wanderer May 25, 2018 2:45 PM  

It's always the same thing with these people. "Peterson is popular so therefore right" or "you're just jealous because he's popular and you're not". I'm just wondering why anyone would even want to be popular at all anymore. At least half the people on television or in politics are child molesters. I'd much rather be a hermit in the desert than to be famous and popular and rubbing elbows with freaks at creepy Eyes Wide Shut-style pizza parties.

Blogger L' Aristokrato May 25, 2018 2:45 PM  

I'll bet an arm and a leg most of Peterson's defenders have not actually read any of Peterson's works, nor delved any deeper into his work, or philosophy beyond those bite-sized video lectures that kinda-sorta sound good.

Blogger Isaac Miller May 25, 2018 2:46 PM  

[Jonah 4:10-11 ESV] 10 And the LORD said, "You pity the plant, for which you did not labor, nor did you make it grow, which came into being in a night and perished in a night. 11 And should not I pity Nineveh, that great city, in which there are more than 120,000 persons who do not know their right hand from their left, and also much cattle?"

Blogger Peter Gent May 25, 2018 2:47 PM  

He doesn't even present a coherent argument or give any concrete examples, which means he is either incapable of didactic thinking or he never really tried and just emailed you so he could virtue signal himself to justify his failure to comprehend.

I guess the only response would be your best just isn't good enough, since you are too short for the ride.

Blogger Harsh May 25, 2018 2:53 PM  

Well, he did use nefarious correctly.

Blogger Resident Moron™ May 25, 2018 2:57 PM  

I'm quite confident Vox is engaged with significantly more than a 2SD delta here.

Blogger Mark Stoval May 25, 2018 2:58 PM  

It looks like Google is after me today. I can not comment with my WordPress account as the only option is "Google Account". Oh well, I am not trying to bypass the rules VD.

When I was in Jr. High in the 60s they gave us an IQ test that the Army was using for incoming soldiers. It was supposed to be pretty accurate but who knows now. I scored 136 and they told me at the time I could join Mensa. What? I had no interest in such stuff then.

Over the years teaching math, I have had so many occasions to see that it is damn hard to communicate with those who are even one standard deviation below me much less two --- and I am trained to deal with the slower ones. (most everyone hates math right?)

Working in education, one sees so many of the adults (teachers, administrators, educrats, parents, and so on) are just plain dim. No one fad after failed fad sweets the schools and everyone thinks the next one will do it this time! Charley Brown and a football come to mind.

Oh well, I am looking forward to seeing if I can post this today.

Blogger matveidaniilovich May 25, 2018 2:59 PM  

This is why organized religion is important- it protects the simple-minded from deception.

Blogger Mark Stoval May 25, 2018 3:00 PM  

Damn at the typos! Sorry.

Blogger Thomas O May 25, 2018 3:00 PM  

I figure I'm too short for many of the rides here but even I cringed reading that. At least I'm smart enough to read the sign that says "Must be this tall" and realize I'm not that tall and embarrass myself needlessly.
That's one advantage to just lurking around here, there is a LOT to learn just by observing.

Blogger Argus Bacchus May 25, 2018 3:00 PM  

"Scene"

Heh.


Blogger gazza90 May 25, 2018 3:02 PM  

"yet to be scene"???? If this is a guy he using a feminin

Blogger gazza90 May 25, 2018 3:03 PM  

feminine mode of thought. Look at who is highest status and believe them.

Blogger Chiva May 25, 2018 3:05 PM  

If you read the comment with a 'Valley Girl' accent it almost makes sense.

Blogger Al K. Annossow May 25, 2018 3:09 PM  

I made shorter but similar comments on a darkstream and IDK:

The problem with Peterson IS that he is helping youth. That then gives him an 'in' to lead them astray. His simple and helpful self help advice seems different and better simply because it is wrapped in sincerity rather than the usual self help hype, like in a sales meeting. Plus, psychologists, like all scientists, are mistakenly assumed to be beneficent and striving for helpful truths. By tapping into emotion-related problems that are common to many youth these days, Peterson appears to be giving free, expert, and even individualized advice. He's certainly collecting a rather hefty hourly rate.

And since many see higher intelligence and even higher IQ as achievable by effort, listening more seems like it will bring you closer to Peterson's success. It's almost a little like the Gnostics saying there is higher Truth to be found. Good ol' Thomas Aquinas made justifications for killing unrepentant heretics - don't let them lead any more souls into eternal damnation. So I don't blame Vox for this fight against deception. Many simply cannot raise an intellectual self defense against a well equipped assault. For all its faults, church is for teaching such people.

Blogger Daniel Paul Grech Pereira May 25, 2018 3:12 PM  

>like the catholic church did back in the day when they destroyed everything that wasn't in their book of ideas

Ah, the inevitable fedora tip.

Blogger Res Ipsa May 25, 2018 3:12 PM  

There is a line in the movie Good Will Hunting where Lambeau, speaking about their intelligence, tells Will "it's just a handful of people in the world who can tell the difference between you and me. But I'm one of them."

That's the way it works with intelligence. The smart and very smart can sometimes follow along with the Very Very Freaking Smart. That's what happens, we follow along. We don't originate at the same levels. But we can mostly follow along. The average and below average lack the ability to naturally comprehend the ideas they hear. They can't follow along. At least not easily. So they don't bother and mock those who see the world differently, because they can't conceive of things being other than what they perceive.

I once thought Vox was a little pathetic for putting his Mensa membership in his tag line. Vox posted that because readers criticized his intelligence. Which is silly. I believe Vox is likely eligible for Intertel.

The difference in cognitive ability between Mensa and Intertel is like that between Bill Nye and Einstein. The difference between the Intertel level and Average Intelligence is like that of Einstein and Rain Man.

No wonder they can't follow along.

Blogger kurt9 May 25, 2018 3:16 PM  

The comment highlighted in the post is of the long, rambling style that is very typical of liberals.

Blogger Giraffe May 25, 2018 3:17 PM  

Vox also fills up venues and with people that obviously understand and need his nonsense and will pay for it. What a dilemma.

Blogger Crush Limbraw May 25, 2018 3:22 PM  

I find that when the argument/discussion turns to 'but it's about me'- and it isn't - you're not even in the same book, never mind the page!

Blogger Man of The West May 25, 2018 3:27 PM  

Peterson fans just don’t want to admit they were conned. So they conjure reasons why Vox is wrong that neither relate to anything Peterson has said, not address the very real and very current possibility that someone may be attacked by the left and an agent of the left simultaneously. Really though, it all comes down to midwits being incapable of admitting failure. In this case, the failure to see Peterson for what he isn’t, despite the evidence. Truth is truth, regardless of how much you liked the guy’s lectures. It’s entirely acceptable to be mistaken and admit it. However, it seems to require more testosterone than the average center-right Shapiro fan can muster. Gammas cannot experience failure the way that alphas do, because they are reliant on maintaining the false superiority before others. They are willing to sacrifice truth at the behest of this false superiority, and in doing so prove that they are gammas. An alpha is secure enough in their status and value that an admission of failure is seen as an opportunity to further truth, rather than a risk of losing status.

Blogger Crew May 25, 2018 3:29 PM  

It's almost as if the emperor had not clothes.

Blogger pyrrhus May 25, 2018 3:48 PM  

@23 I doubt Intertel would be better. I'm a member of ISP and the 999 society, and most of the people at both sites are brain dead liberals who can't do science or logic. I gave up on them....I qualify for even more "rarified" high IQ groups, but I'm not going to bother, they will just be more Jordan Petersons....

Blogger Peter Gent May 25, 2018 4:09 PM  

Man of The West wrote:...An alpha is secure enough in their status and value that an admission of failure is seen as an opportunity to further truth, rather than a risk of losing status.
In the end, status is nothing, truth is everything and the final truth is Jesus Christ, who demands you be willing to be lead, lead by the Holy Spirit into truth. You only need to be led when you are off course, which is a constant since we all "see through a mirror darkly." So true intelligence and true truth seeking constantly admits error and corrects to the best of their ability, since that is what their Lord demands of them.

Blogger Cetera May 25, 2018 4:13 PM  

I'm smart, but not VD smart. I have talents in certain areas, and I'm pretty damn good in those areas. My IQ is around 125 or 130. I'm smart enough to get myself into trouble, and I'm smart enough to follow along with VD. I'm smart enough that it DOES make for awkwardness with most normies, and has both helped and hindered my career.

What I see at my intellectual level, surveying the world, is that most people in the modern world are cargo cultists, and aren't capable of anything better. I'm not sure where the cutoff is, but my estimate is anyone at an IQ of 100 or less is incapable of any meaningful understanding of our level of technology. It is all literally magic to them. They can do the steps as shown, they can imitate the rituals to get it to function for what they need, but that's it.

Most people only survive in a modern society because there are so many others that do the hard work and prep the battle space for them. Proper religion (Christianity, including upbringing, regular attendance, etc) helps them with that, providing a structure that they don't need to noodle out for themselves every day, and that will keep the society going and help them focus on achieving meaningful happiness.

For a long, long time I struggled with wondering why God was fine with so many low-IQ folk. I think the ultimate answer is that it doesn't take a lot of brains to love God or family or neighbor completely. The high-IQ thing can create societies to make it easier to survive and focus on religion and love, but it can also go the opposite way and become hostile to love. When you begin to worship at your own IQ alter, things go south fast.

Blogger S'mon May 25, 2018 4:14 PM  

"it sounds like word salad because it is word salad."

He misuses a lot of terms and ideas, but it's usually not strictly meaningless (the way the worst undergraduate or Postmodernist essays are) - he does a sort of portentous stream of consciousness thing, where little snippets may be saying something (right or wrong) - but taken as a whole it doesn't fit together, one thought doesn't really connect to the next. It doesn't build a house, it's just a pile of sticks.

Some of the sticks are quite pretty.

I think he's quite good as an entertainer; as a therapist he's disappointing - he can *discuss* therapeutic concepts amusingly, but his 12 Rules is far too verbose and meandering to be an effective self-help guide. As a crusader for positive change in society, I don't really see any sign of that. Just annoying SJWs doesn't really count.

Blogger Cetera May 25, 2018 4:17 PM  

Wow, in my above comment, there's definite an unintended tone of "religion is for the dumb people." It is not intended.

Religion is a great boon for lower-IQ populations. It is also essential for high-IQ. High IQ can't replace God. It is more tempting to think you might be able to, if you are really smart, but it still never works out well. Humbling oneself before the Almighty is a hard, hard thing to do for one who is literally superior in intelligence to almost everyone encountered. Humility is a tough virtue, but so essential to a soul's well-being and life.

Blogger Edward Isaacs May 25, 2018 4:18 PM  

That's a teenager who wrote that comment, right? I'd guess an 11th grader, one considered relatively smart and sensitive by his peers in public high school, maybe a B+/A- student.

Blogger tublecane May 25, 2018 4:21 PM  

I don't want to cast stones, because I'm careless in the way I post and often include multiple typos. Especially when I'm using a cursed smartphone. However, I wonder if there may be a language barrier. They sound either foreign or barely literate. Granted, illiteracy is a sign of low intelligence.

I mean:

"What and when you are saying it?"

"In their book of ideas?"

"Yet to be scene?"

"I can hear nor sense?"

There are also a lot of junk stock phrases: "for the life of me," "from where I sit,"

Blogger tz May 25, 2018 4:27 PM  

s/poing/point/

This is what happens when you outsource thinking. Asking "is it true" or "is he right" is hard. Better use Patreon income, books sold, or "likes".

"Likes" can be a strategy, but how many are sending money or at least causing ad or otehr revenue. And at some point "likes" will cause a crisis when Truth is unlike-able.

Disney - yes Walt - lied about lemmings. But Humans will follow the crowd off a cliff. (Stampeded Buffalo do to, as the legend of the too curious native American "Head Smashed In" tells).

Blogger Garuna May 25, 2018 4:34 PM  

It's always the same thing with these people. "Peterson is popular so therefore right" or "you're just jealous because he's popular and you're not".

Hardcore Peterson fans are cowardly dissidents who seek liberal validation. They talk about it in terms of "popularity" because I don't think they even realize that it's actually about validation. I've had plenty of interactions with these people since before Peterson blew up, and this is the conclusion I've come to.

There were plenty of battle-tested culture warriors who proved themselves worthy of support in 2016. But the hardcore Peterson fans felt an aversion to them. They felt like they could not openly support the alt-right/lite guys in front of their liberal friends. They went for Peterson instead.

Peterson is socially liberal, a college professor, a believer in the neoliberal world order, a believer in Holocaustianity, a former socialist, he has even worked with the UN.

"He's not like those bad boys! He's a good boy!"

When you're begging your liberal friends to listen to you, they cannot immediately dismiss Peterson because he has all the right status markers and political opinions that makes one acceptable for liberal standards. And that's ultimately what it's about.

These people will never deliver us victories. Because their behavior is dictated by liberal validation. The moment they get too close to winning, the liberals will scream "racist! sexist! homophobe! xenophobe!" And they will cuck.

In fact, this is what the entirely of the "Intellectual Dark Web" is about. Basically they are cuckservative 2.0

Blogger John May 25, 2018 4:41 PM  

@33 Religion is a great boon for lower-IQ populations. It is also essential for high-IQ. 

Jesus can keep halfwits from turning into thugs and addicts.
Jesus can keep midwidts from turning into socialists and mass murderers.

Dunno what the +3SD or +4SD guys turn into without Jesus.

Blogger Man of The West May 25, 2018 4:42 PM  

Precisely. Gammas are willing to sacrifice that truth in pursuit of status. As they are already living a lie, they shouldn’t be trusted to admit fault in pursuit of what hey have already sacrificed. An alpha has no concern for this status if it requires bending the knee to a lie.

Blogger Dangeresque May 25, 2018 4:42 PM  

John wrote:Dunno what the +3SD or +4SD guys turn into without Jesus.

Jordan Peterson.

Blogger Robert What? May 25, 2018 4:43 PM  

What was bad about Hitler?

Blogger Garuna May 25, 2018 4:44 PM  

CONTD

So this is why they care so much about the popularity. It's the element of liberal validation that comes with it. Liberals are allowing Peterson to be at least seen as approved opposition. They see a future where they'll be allowed to disagree with liberals on some things while still being considered good boys.

When they say "you must be jealous of popularity", they are projecting. Because what they seek more than anything else is approval.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine May 25, 2018 4:45 PM  

"What was bad about Hitler?"

Socialism and autogenocide, mainly.

Blogger Jack Ward May 25, 2018 4:48 PM  

VD said: " it sounds like word salad because it is word salad."
With permission I may have to adopt this bit of English.

Blogger Jeroth May 25, 2018 4:49 PM  

Why are the other non-google comment verifications gone? I'd rather not post with my google account.

Anyway, relevant and absolutely hilarious:

https://twitter.com/cnyleved/status/999774382913449984

Blogger Azure Amaranthine May 25, 2018 4:49 PM  

"This is why organized religion is important- it protects the simple-minded from deception."

Anyone below the IQ of God is simpleminded in this context.

Blogger Kallmunz May 25, 2018 4:53 PM  

I have to confess, when I heard of Jordan Peterson, suggested by friends, the videos on youtube were admirable, especially when he tore apart feminism. On top of this, all the right people were comparing him to Hitler. Perhaps thats the problem, I'm too busy to look into these things. I was surprised at Vox's first attack, after all isn't this a "nominal" ally? How many Ghosts are in the machine? Who do we trust to find them?

Blogger Man of The West May 25, 2018 4:55 PM  

Most Peterson defenders, from what I’ve read and watched, don’t make any attempt to refute what Vox has brought to light about the man. They make a personal attack on Vox, or defend Peterson’s results (“helping” disenfranchised young men, having the right enemies, not using preferred pronouns, blah blah blah). It’s one of those two reactions every single time. None of them admit their own error of being duped into idolizing a boring Canadian professor that preaches globalism and refers to Christianity as myth. I think this really is a bigger point than simply “Is Vox right or wrong about Peterson, and why?”. The answers to that are obvious, and even the Petersonophiles concede those points. The greater examination here, in my opinion, is why are they so unwilling to admit failure when faced with the truth? What characteristic is specific to Petersonophiles that both draws them to the man, and doesn’t allow them to leave him when his con is revealed?

Blogger Matthew May 25, 2018 4:57 PM  

Very High IQ people are usually an immense pain in the ass.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine May 25, 2018 5:01 PM  

"Very High IQ people are usually an immense pain in the ass."

"Wow this organization is stupid... I suppose I should precipitate its downfall so a better one can be built."

Blogger Lovekraft May 25, 2018 5:05 PM  

https://old.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/8m36mt/jordan_peterson_does_an_ama_drama_is_rich_as/

Blogger L. Beau May 25, 2018 5:08 PM  

"I sometimes wonder what it would be like to legitimately be that stupid." - VD

This is my favorite Vox Day "mockery" post that does not involve making fun of either Wesley Crusher or McRapey.

Blogger Lovekraft May 25, 2018 5:19 PM  

Here's the actual AMA thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/8m21kw/i_am_dr_jordan_b_peterson_u_of_t_professor/

Blogger Bultz May 25, 2018 5:21 PM  

Fill in a facebook personality quiz Vox and share the result on here, that should give you an idea of the stupidity

I don't know if you've watched any Frame Games but he does a good takedown of Peterson's debating. Check that panel out (45:00 in on his video titled "Lovestream: A Time And A Place For Dancing" - watch?v=_LH1IoIYMPQ)

Blogger James Dixon May 25, 2018 5:21 PM  

> For a long, long time I struggled with wondering why God was fine with so many low-IQ folk.

There's a reason salvation does not require intelligence, but faith.

> Dunno what the +3SD or +4SD guys turn into without Jesus.

Mass murders at least a good chunk of the time.

Blogger S1AL May 25, 2018 5:24 PM  

"Mass murders at least a good chunk of the time."

That's mostly the province of +2/3. The ultra-high often can't be convinced to care that much.

Blogger James Dixon May 25, 2018 5:25 PM  

> On top of this, all the right people were comparing him to Hitler.

Jordan is liberal heretic, so of course all the right people hate him. That doesn't make him of the right or an ally of the right. He's still a liberal.

Blogger tublecane May 25, 2018 5:31 PM  

The "all the right people hate him" clue is useful, but of course our enemies are onto it. That's why they have controlled opposite, because it can get over that hurdle.

Blogger GK Chesterton May 25, 2018 5:33 PM  

Jordon Petersen has always been upfront about being a liberal. That's why I can't understand what this fight is about. Camilia Paglia is wrong about a whole host of things, but Vox hasn't started a crusade against her (she is smarter than Petersen). Yes the man is wrong about things. Yes he is a liberal. Yes I think he can be an ally or at the very least a friendly neutral. No I don't think this is worth it.

To me this is the moral equivalent of starting a ground war in Iran. Yeah, they don't think like us, but why?

Blogger insight May 25, 2018 5:36 PM  

"Very High IQ people are usually an immense pain in the ass."

And MPAI are likewise...

Blogger insight May 25, 2018 5:45 PM  

"It's always the same thing with these people. "Peterson is popular so therefore right" or "you're just jealous because he's popular and you're not".

The Kardashians are popular, heck the Anti-Christ will be immensely popular. Like I said no MPAI no one world goobermint.

Blogger Don't Call Me Len May 25, 2018 5:49 PM  

That's only mildly retarded for a literate. It can get much worse when you go verbal.

My eyes started to throb halfway through trying to read that mewling puddle of word vomit. Imagining it being relayed to me in a nasal monotone, full of nonverbal tics, would drive me to drinkin'. Possibly to drinkin' Sterno.

Blogger Avalanche May 25, 2018 5:50 PM  

@27 "Peterson fans just don’t want to admit they were conned. So they conjure reasons why Vox is wrong"

I think you might be missing a BIG part of the reason: most of the midwits CANNOT FOLLOW VOX! The 2SD comm. gap goes both ways, you know! I was a Peterson defender (still felt bad for JP for a while; till Vox pulled out more; thought JP was BLIND, not evil!!).

I told a friend... I'm used to being pretty close to being the smartest person in a room -- but between Vox (and some of his commenters) and Peterson, I am beginning to think I'm a midwit!! (Or, more likely - it's the girl-thing. I'm brilliant in many areas-- but not all the ones (reasonably and logically) valued here... (And I'm wincing about "bragging" ... even if "it ain't bragging if'n it's true.")

So, just as when I speak with an MPAI (and a lot of midwits), to actually reach them, there are two requirements -- one, they must be WILLING to listen and learn; and two, they must be CAPABLE of listening and learning. Most have neither, depending on the subject.

Blogger John Bradley May 25, 2018 5:55 PM  

OT: Apparently Tommy Robinson was arrested earlier today and sentenced to 13 months in prison for 'hateyness' or some such bogus charge, AND there's a reporting embargo on the issue according to both Cerno and Pettibone.

If you google 'tommy robinson arrested' and click on the links to stories on The Mirror, Breitbart, RT, and presumably others, all of them 404.

Blogger Mark Stoval May 25, 2018 5:56 PM  

@63

" ... I am beginning to think I'm a midwit!! (Or, more likely - it's the girl-thing. I'm brilliant in many areas-- but not all the ones (reasonably and logically) valued here... (And I'm wincing about "bragging" ... even if "it ain't bragging if'n it's true.")..."

I find your comments and arguments here most enjoyable and at times very enlightening. Please don't feel less intelligence just because males and females often differ in the way they see things.

God made them male and female. Thank God!

Blogger Avalanche May 25, 2018 5:59 PM  

@32 "his 12 Rules is far too verbose and meandering to be an effective self-help guide."

Not sure this is entirely true. MOST of his audience is young white boys and men. NOT stupid ones, not non-white ones (any that catch him are extraneous), and not -- for large part -- non-college ones.

Probably many of these young men CAN figure out on their own how to 'untie the knot' if only someone points out where the loose end is. Nothing in their rearing or experience by and in 'our' pathological society gives them the talent or knowledge to locate that end. Put it in their hand: give them what seems like a direction to find it ("stand up straight; clean your room") and THEY will pull meaning from that pap because they are (genetically?) 'built' for that purpose!

It's not (maybe) that Peterson is providing a (ha) "map of meaning" -- but that Peterson is letting them know they do not have to follow the (pathological) map they've been given. (No doubt, NOT Peterson's intention; he want them to follow his map into NWO servitude!) But, give a kid a break; a small push into the right direction, and most of them WILL find their way out of the forest...

Wish we knew how to catch them once they've looked up; show them our map of history, science, logic, and reality! (Oh, and there is Voxiversity! Cool.)

Blogger Wynn Lloyd May 25, 2018 6:00 PM  

Ha! The tipping of his fedora is the sign we've been waiting for.

The hallowed Liber Idearum.
It is fabled to be seven times more powerful than any catechism, and seven times as large as the largest dictionary, with its illuminated pages decked out with the finest silver and gold leaf. The diamond in its center is rumored to allow one to see into the future.

We must quest for this most holy book, outside of which nothing is permitted.

Blogger Neutrinoide May 25, 2018 6:02 PM  

It is because it is. That is word salad.

Blogger Mr. Deficient May 25, 2018 6:11 PM  

The interesting part is that you are one of the more clear and concise (and more recently, speaking) high IQ figures. Many use their gift to purposefully lord over others with meaningless and frivolous words, while others have extreme difficulty getting their words out at all due to thinking so far ahead. As a non high IQ (at least after my neurological damage) individual, I have to say even though I don't get a lot of the ideas on here the fact I get any is a miracle.

As for that guy in the OP, there is a certain gap no one can over come. I'm surprised he even bothered to comment as usually truly low IQ people simply just don't care. Why give a shit about something incomprehensible some guy is saying online when you could be listening to mindless pop music, eating overly delicious food, watching brain saturating Netlix. On an off note, its jus't that simplicity of a 90-110 IQ individual that can make a society truly thrive given the right incentives and beliefs (most notably Christian).

Blogger Avalanche May 25, 2018 6:15 PM  

@65 I find your comments and arguments here most enjoyable and at times very enlightening. Please don't feel less intelligence just because males and females often differ in the way they see things.

Oh! {blush} Thanks, Mark... I actually enjoy thinking and speaking "like a girl" -- a knowledge (and acceptance) I did not gain till my late 30s! But, the drive to 'compete with the boys' -- or at least keep up with them, is ever-present!

Blogger RobertT May 25, 2018 6:16 PM  

Just remember, the people with advance degrees who command large audiences, attract journalists and rise to high levels in the government probably have iqs below 125.

And the only people who can communicate effectively with them have similar iqs.

This is why the world is so f**ked up.

Blogger Doktor Jeep May 25, 2018 6:19 PM  

Ages ago while in the Middle East we got all kinds of letters from kids and teenagers. Apparently thereally were some drives to get kids writing to soldiers.
I didn't initially understand when the first shirt said "try not to think too harshly of these kids".
I read a dozen of them, not from little kids either. And after that didn't have much hope for the future.
Stupidity is at critical mass. Most people are indeed worm food, and many more whose only purpose in life is to serve as a warning for others.

Blogger Clint May 25, 2018 6:27 PM  

This is pretty much every conversation I have during the school year. There is a reason I look forward to summer, so I get some semblance of a break from trying to communicate in any meaningful way with my students.

Blogger Nostromo May 25, 2018 6:49 PM  

I wouldn't want to be a member of a club that would have me as a member. Apologies to Groucho.

Blogger VD May 25, 2018 6:50 PM  

Yes he is a liberal. Yes I think he can be an ally or at the very least a friendly neutral. No I don't think this is worth it.

Yes, he is. No, he cannot and you are foolish to believe that. Which, of course, is precisely why it is worth it.

Do you truly not understand that it is the acceptance of this globalist charlatan as an "ally or at least friendly neutral" by so many on the Right that drives my ongoing vivisection of him and his philosophy?

Forget sheep's clothing. You have welcomed a wolf into the fold and acclaimed it as your shepherd.

Blogger Nostromo May 25, 2018 6:57 PM  

The enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's my enemies enemy.

Blogger Nostromo May 25, 2018 7:06 PM  

I have only personally met 2 people that I know for a fact are smarter than me. One is a ex-bikini model, the other, a house wife. But they have different interests than I do. Example, I'm into guns, but they know nothing about them. They're into gardening... I eat vegetables...occassionally. Where our interests over lap, they leave me in the dust.

Blogger Frank Brady May 25, 2018 7:11 PM  

VD wrote:Yes he is a liberal. Yes I think he can be an ally or at the very least a friendly neutral. No I don't think this is worth it.

Yes, he is. No, he cannot and you are foolish to believe that. Which, of course, is precisely why it is worth it.

Do you truly not understand that it is the acceptance of this globalist charlatan as an "ally or at least friendly neutral" by so many on the Right that drives my ongoing vivisection of him and his philosophy?

Forget sheep's clothing. You have welcomed a wolf into the fold and acclaimed it as your shepherd.


Exactly so!

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 25, 2018 7:16 PM  

The thing is, it doesn't matter. In the long run individuals almost never make a difference for the good. The movements of history are far too deep and strong for an individual to change them. Politics doesn't matter. Liberty doesn't matter. Intelligence doesn't matter. None of it matters.
All that matters is family, love, and God.

The only things worth really worrying about are Death, Judgement, Heaven and Hell.


As far as what happens to the +4SD that reject Christ?
Atilla
Nietzsche
Maimonides

Blogger Geoarrge May 25, 2018 7:17 PM  

+1 SDs would be the ideal public intellectuals, unpacking the work of +2s for +0 consumption, if they had the humility to do that job.

The problem is that they are smart enough, but not too smart, to be worshiped by normal people. That can be addictive, especially compared to the alternative of embarrassing oneself before +2-4s.

Blogger Lovekraft May 25, 2018 7:19 PM  

@ 64 John Bradley:

The groups at play here are the Pakistani muslim rapists/child molesters, their community activist/Imam/thugs 3. the local/regional politicians and 4 law enforcement.

Undoubtedly, certain facts about these incidents have made their way up the chain. Facts, primarily, about the true motivation and lack of remorse by the muslims that are finding their way to the right people.

I wouldn't despair too much at the apparent lack of moral fibre of the average Brit. The scenario I outline above is one in which the four parties will meet justice, some via early retirement, others in much more drastic ways.

As for Tommy Robinson, he is being portrayed by an increaslingly-unhinged and -desperate media/state as the instigator in all this, but what will be revealed is these crimes were tantamount to declaring war.

Blogger James Dixon May 25, 2018 7:27 PM  

> Yes I think he can be an ally or at the very least a friendly neutral.

No, he can't be an ally or even a friendly neutral. At best he's a "useful idiot" who can cause infighting on the left.

> The enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's my enemies enemy.

Exactly.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd May 25, 2018 9:01 PM  

He dindu nuffin, 'cept get millions of Germans killed and raped. He was gud boi, just lookin' fo lebensraum.

Blogger Hammerli280 May 25, 2018 9:09 PM  

IQ is good, but character also counts. Tenacity, integrity, and courage go a long way.

WRT IQ, there does seem to be a dimension of thought that kicks in somewhere in the 2.5 SD area. It's what Heinlein called "encyclopedic synthesis", the ability to see the interrelationships between systems and pieces of data. And if you have it, there are things that are blindingly obvious to you that most people just can't see.

Blogger Doug Cranmer May 25, 2018 9:20 PM  

You talk too much. Stop it.

Blogger Garuna May 25, 2018 9:20 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Garuna May 25, 2018 9:24 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Garuna May 25, 2018 9:25 PM  

Jordon Petersen has always been upfront about being a liberal. That's why I can't understand what this fight is about. Camilia Paglia is wrong about a whole host of things, but Vox hasn't started a crusade against her (she is smarter than Petersen). Yes the man is wrong about things. Yes he is a liberal. Yes I think he can be an ally or at the very least a friendly neutral. No I don't think this is worth it.

This is a fake argument. The crusade against Peterson didn't start because of his liberalism. It started because of his dishonesty. And since then much more dishonesty has been unearthed. The man is a fraud who panders to broken young men, extracts shekels, and then feeds them shit. And he does all this deliberately. You can't say the same thing about honest liberals like Camille Paglia.

Just take how he treated Faith Goldy as one example of his character.

>Peterson gets interviewed by alt-right shows
>Faith Goldy does the same
>Peterson and Goldy set for Free Speech Panel
>Faith Goldy is attacked by the media
>Peterson kicks Goldy out
>Says it's because she appeared on alt-right shows
>Attacks her character and professionalism
>Pretends she was the interviewer instead of the interviewee
>"Why didn't she ask tough questions? She should have asked three!"
>Condemns her for doing something he does himself and virtue signals about it

The man is simply a piece of shit.

As for being an important "ally". Read my post above about how he's just cuckservative 2.0, and then look at his present day behavior. He's already doing the whole "my critics are racist, misogynist..." SJW schtick. What else would you expect from a fraud?

If you need to tell your liberal friends "I'm a good boy dissident, not a bad boy dissident" then yes, Peterson is useful. But if you're interested in defeating the true enemy, then no, he is useless.

Blogger Doug Cranmer May 25, 2018 9:30 PM  

You can't really consider them human anymore.

Blogger Doug Cranmer May 25, 2018 9:32 PM  

Andromeda Strain.

Blogger Doug Cranmer May 25, 2018 9:38 PM  

This is a general principle in life I've had to learn the hard way. But there really is no other way.

The world is full of wolves and full of snakes.



If you don't let a snake into your house. No matter how pretty it is.

Blogger wreckage May 25, 2018 9:53 PM  

You're underestimating the IQ gap in play here. Your argument is perfectly cogent at or around 119 IQ.

@31, that's what culture is for. That is explicitly and exactly the evolutionary/survival purpose of culture: to maintain behaviours when the participants cannot, possibly even in principle, understand the value of those behaviours.

But today we have a cult of reason coupled with a cult of stupid: if a 16 year old IQ90 pre-literate can't nut it out, then by GOD it has to be discarded with extreme prejudice!

The fact is you could hit IQ 200+ and still never reach the level of sophistication needed to manufacture a high-functioning culture from whole cloth; arguably only 3 or 4 people in human history have had the firepower to do that, and NONE of them are really understood by even the best modern intellectuals.

"If I can't figure it out, it's stupid and repugnant." Ah, Pride then; the first and most insidious sin.

Blogger tz May 25, 2018 10:53 PM  

There is something called the communication gap.
I think a better and clearer exemplar is many of the civic nationalist posts of John C Wright. The problem here is not so much SD but legalese. I can understand complex concepts but IANAL, so when a technical term is used that means something different, if not the opposite, in legalese v.s. common english, the message is garbled beyond understanding. "Equality"?

This is a problem, but I put the responsibility in the main on those near the top of the mountain instead of the nadir as it is easier to descend than to climb.

It is simple if not easy. There are common tropes and stories - I can point to scenes in Star Wars, or the Mavel films to make a point and cross a 4+ SD boundary. But I first must establish the bands the signal can go through not unlike the older dial-up modems that had this loud series of tones.

What does my audience understand or know that I share? What is the common vocabulary, even if limited? You must establish the common envelope and stay inside.

That is a problem with trying to talk to SJWs even when applying rhetoric. They might not understand it even if they are not dumb, but they only know movies, not the ancient greek classic stories or the bible.

As an example, most protestants know the bible so I can generally use any passage there to make a point. I can't do that with someone who hasn't read the bible.

It is common vocabulary, but also culture, especially popular cultue.

Blogger tublecane May 25, 2018 11:27 PM  

92- I would say zero humans in history could have created a culture from scratch. Unless they direct tools of divinity or God incarnate.

The great "Lawgivers" started with an already-existing society.

Blogger tublecane May 25, 2018 11:45 PM  

@93- People can communicate across gaps--the I.Q. gap, the age gap, the sex gap, the national gap, the class gap, etc.--with the culture, wherewithal, and training to do so. If teachers and parents can figure out how to put some learnin' in the dense heads of stupid kids, I think geniuses could talk to those of above-retard intelligence. If they took enough trouble, though there's not much reason they should bother.

There are impediments beyond the gap itself. Reticence on both sides. Why would a genius want to bother wasting his time? Why does a regular person want to sit still and be lectured at by a smarty-pants? It's much effort for not much return.

We used to have a system of manners and social hierarchy to deal with such things. Stupid people were deferential. Smart people were patronising, which is not a bad word. We know longer live in a world where people tip hats and say "guv'nor." No one knows how to condescend anymore.

Except in the few places where social separation is still relatively rigid. In the workplace, or when white males talk to people above them on the Diversity Totem Pole.

Our manners are now democratic, and in the realm of intellect we're supposed to pretend everyone is on the same plane. Informing someone you're smarter than they is like casting them out of the body politic to go into indentured servitude, or something.

We defer to credentials, of course. Because universities produce the ruling class. Also, some idiots--for instance the one in the OP--defer to popularity. Peterson possesses credentials and popularity, for the moment.

Blogger dvdivx May 25, 2018 11:59 PM  

Its not stupidity its intentional blindness. Its like Muslims being blind to the evils of Islam or Jews being tone deaf to their own rhetoric. Its a self policing that tries to root out and destroy any though that might challenge their beliefs.

Blogger LP999-16 May 26, 2018 1:21 AM  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2UAtig9yg8

Youtuber; Day v JP

Blogger Azure Amaranthine May 26, 2018 4:22 AM  

"As far as what happens to the +4SD that reject Christ?"

Best case scenario they recognize the backside of a single aspect of virtue and cling to it like a man in a sandstorm as their psyche's lungs fill with blood and debris. Inevitably they extend it outside of its hierarchic realm if they take it to logical conclusion as the ultimate arbiter. Nothing but monsters beyond that.

A la mode de Nietzsche.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine May 26, 2018 4:28 AM  

I see what you did there, Snidely.

Blogger Bodo Staron May 26, 2018 7:24 AM  

Maybe something for Voxiversity, the most common attacks on Christianity explained? Because it appeared in a recent video I watched - Luke 14:26 for example.
None of the various explanations for this were very satisfying.

Could be a good antidote to Petersons "Biblical Series" and shorter and accurate.

Blogger English Tom May 26, 2018 7:59 AM  

It's almost as if the emperor has no clothes.

And is scene to have no clothes.

Blogger Patrikbc May 26, 2018 8:18 AM  

Vox, being smart seems over rated , your so busy. I like being a dimwit, it’s peaceful , my biggest challenges are “what car do I want to drive”, and “is that alpaca going to attack me”.

Blogger Wynn Lloyd May 26, 2018 9:17 AM  

"Dunno what the +3SD or +4SD guys turn into without Jesus."

Mentally ill? That seems to be the case for many. For whatever reason, hyper-development of the intellect tends to subtract from other areas, especially when it comes to mental resilience. Certainly is the case with me, who is dysfunctional much of the time.

That's one of the most intriguing things about VD; he manages to be hyper-productive, athletically and socially gifted, as well as self-sustaining, despite his advanced intellect. If U.H.I.Q. people are rare, U.H.I.Q. who are well-rounded are like unicorns. Leonardo da Vinci being an example of that.

The impression is that the more intricate the machinery, the more vulnerable it is, also. I would wager that depression, anxiety, and even schitzophrenia are more frequently found in such people. Bouts of despair seem to accompany creativity. Of course, that's true for all people. Someone knowledgeable on psychology or neuroscience would be able to tell us for sure.

A man with a 125 I.Q., who is athletically accomplished, 6'2", socially skilled, attractive, healthy, with a strong immune system and tough mental profile is much closer to the ideal.

To be such a man has got to be awesome. When such a man embraces the Savior, he is capable of destroying the corrupt media, or bringing peace to the Korean Peninsula. Meanwhile, one-trick "intellectuals" obsess over the depth of some esoteric, totally inaccessible body of knowledge, contributing no value to the people around them.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 26, 2018 12:16 PM  

tublecane wrote:I think geniuses could talk to those of above-retard intelligence. If they took enough trouble, though there's not much reason they should bother.
You have literally no idea what you're talking about.

Azure Amaranthine wrote:I see what you did there, Snidely.
I'm glad someone did.

Blogger S'mon May 26, 2018 1:07 PM  

@66: "Peterson is letting them know they do not have to follow the (pathological) map they've been given."

I guess... Peterson's air of authority and "fellow damaged soul warrior" schtick may help him appeal to people a lot more than say 'Charisma on Command' - a typical self-help Youtuber in my feed.

I think maybe Peterson's name on a heavily abridged version of '12 Rules' would work best. Something about the length of 'SJWs Always Lie'. :)

Blogger Flair1239 May 26, 2018 1:10 PM  

I have been waiting for one essay style criticism of Peterson. What you seen to be delivering is a disjointed series mix of valid criticism, speculative personal attacks, and guilt by association claims.

Peterson is not a Christian. He is a leftist politically a moderate one but still from the left, and he respects and values Institutions.

If you are speaking from a Christian perspective then it is appropriate to say that since Peterson does not believe in the literal resurrection then any sort of life philosophy he develops will not be from God. From that perspective I guess the use of the term Evil does become appropriate.

The problem with that is that many of us on the Right are not Christians. So calling Peterson evil because his “philosophy” is not Christ centered loses its punch and makes Vox’s claim of Evil sound like hyperbole.

On the political angle it seems to me to depend on just who you view as the enemy. Just because someone favors the welfare state or old age pensions does not mean that the view then as the enemy. I view them as misguided and wrong, while not evil.

The enemy in my view lies father to the Left. So while I do not believe possible to rid the country of left leaning people ... I do believe it is possible to rid the country of Marxists and that ilk.

As for other criticisms of Substance there has not really been anything introduced too different from what Sam Harris had to say. Peterson tries to add a metaphysical spin to the word “True” that ignores the meaning of the word on a small scale local level. I agree that is both confusing and could be taken as intentionally misleading. I give Peterson the benefit of the doubt here while realizing that he should clean that up.

On a personal note to Vox. I wish you would drop the vitriol. I know it is probably just passion but I don’t think you advance your cause outside your core group and especially on the Darkstreams I think it detracts from what you are trying to put forward.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 26, 2018 1:54 PM  

Flair1239 wrote:I have been waiting for one essay style criticism of Peterson.It is impossible to provide such an essay, be cause an essay must have structure and arguments. It must be coherent. Peterson's ramblings are so unstructured and incoherent that it's literally impossible to write a coherent refutation.
Flair1239 wrote:So calling Peterson evil because his “philosophy” is not Christ centered loses its punch and makes Vox’s claim of Evil sound like hyperbole.

Nice strawman there. The critique is not that PBJ is evil because he's not Christian. The critique is that PBJ is evil because he's a lying, obfuscating weasel dedicated to ruining the mental health of his disciples, in order that they never do anything to stop the global project.

Literally every statement made about his non-Christianity has either been a retort to some moronic devotee claiming he's a Christian, or as an example of PBJ's inability to make a simple declarative statement.

Flair1239 wrote:As for other criticisms of Substance there has not really been anything introduced too different from what Sam Harris had to say. Peterson tries to add a metaphysical spin to the word “True” that ignores the meaning of the word on a small scale local level. I agree that is both confusing and could be taken as intentionally misleading. I give Peterson the benefit of the doubt here while realizing that he should clean that up.

Talk about minimizing the problem. This particular issue is the root, the nub of Peterson's evil. He redefines truth so that he may lie without remorse. The redefinition does not "ignores the meaning of the word on a small scale local level." It's a complete redefinition. "Truth is what I want it to be."
That is evil.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 26, 2018 1:56 PM  

Flair1239 wrote:I wish you would drop the vitriol. I know it is probably just passion but I don’t think you advance your cause outside your core group and especially on the Darkstreams I think it detracts from what you are trying to put forward.
Go f*** yourself.

Blogger VD May 26, 2018 2:22 PM  

I have been waiting for one essay style criticism of Peterson. What you seen to be delivering is a disjointed series mix of valid criticism, speculative personal attacks, and guilt by association claims.

No one cares what the Gamma wants.

The problem with that is that many of us on the Right are not Christians. So calling Peterson evil because his “philosophy” is not Christ centered loses its punch and makes Vox’s claim of Evil sound like hyperbole.

You don't even believe in the existence of good or evil. So what you think is totally irrelevant. It's like asking the illiterate what they think of the literary style of Guy de Maupassant.

I give Peterson the benefit of the doubt here while realizing that he should clean that up.

Then you are stupid. Peterson is worse than you can probably even imagine.

On a personal note to Vox. I wish you would drop the vitriol. I know it is probably just passion but I don’t think you advance your cause outside your core group and especially on the Darkstreams I think it detracts from what you are trying to put forward.

I'm a little surprised that you still haven't figured out that I don't care what you think. Not at all. You have absolutely no idea what I am trying to do. So stop offering unwanted advice that will be completely ignored.

Blogger Lyon May 26, 2018 3:25 PM  

"I sometimes wonder what it would be like to legitimately be that stupid." - VD

Perish the thought. Oh, and this, below, made me howl so thanks yet again:

"And as for the crazy notion that squirrels eat trees and live in them, well, that's clearly just psycho babble." - VD

Blogger tublecane May 26, 2018 3:59 PM  

@104- "You have literally no idea what you're talking about"

False. If I can make myself understood to a 2 year-old, and I have, geniuses can communicate with people of normal intelligence. It just requires effort from both parties.

Of course, they can't make them understand things as a genius, but that's not what I was talking about.

This is not to deny the existence of the communication gap. Because I don't deny there's a gap between myself and a 2 year-old.

Blogger Peter Gent May 26, 2018 4:36 PM  

Nostromo wrote:The enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's my enemies enemy.
I always thought that should be "The enemy of my enemy is useful." You are right, he will never be your friend and you may be helping him to get over on you, as we did with Russia in WWII. We gave them too much aid.

Avalanche wrote:@65Oh! {blush} Thanks, Mark... I actually enjoy thinking and speaking "like a girl" -- a knowledge (and acceptance) I did not gain till my late 30s! But, the drive to 'compete with the boys' -- or at least keep up with them, is ever-present!
You remind me of my wife in some ways. She always wanted to what her brothers got to do and I remember coming home one day early in our marriage to find her sitting in the engine compartment of her Chevy Nova changing the water pump. We have had an interesting life over the last 41 years (our anniversary is Monday).

Blogger Peter Gent May 26, 2018 4:52 PM  

There are writers whose gift and calling is to distill the complex into broad understandable strokes so that the average person can understand enough of something they otherwise would have no idea about and are therefor better for it.

A simple example would Einstein for Beginners which numerous average/slightly above people have enjoyed and used to get an understanding of the man and his thinking they normally would not have.

Yes, some subjects are too complex for many people and they just have to accept what is claimed is true, based on trust in the proposer. That said, not everyone needs to know or understand everything or even more than a small subset of things. We sometimes forget the desire to know is not universal or even a majority pursuit and was the first temptation and sin.

Blogger Peter Gent May 26, 2018 4:57 PM  

I guess I should qualify my statement and say the temptation to know resulted in the first human sin. The first sin was Lucifer's and it was pride.

Blogger Unknown May 26, 2018 4:58 PM  

Good "poing".

Blogger Peter Gent May 26, 2018 5:03 PM  

Interesting thought on this coming from a different direction about how all of this is politics and culture. A friend on Facebook, The Rational Redhead posted this.

Jennifer Lokken
"Politics, Culture and Social Engineering"
By: Jennifer Lokken

So, I know the big mantra with conservatives is to say, "Politics is downstream from culture." Or "Politics is a reflection of the people." I have come to the conclusion that this is antiquated thinking.

This thinking is pre Dr. Freud, pre-Edward Bernays, pre the use of mass media propaganda and social engineering on massive scale, not only through mass media, Government run schooling, the entertainment complex.

To say that, "Politics is downstream from culture." Is a strange form of Stockholm syndrome. It gives us the false comfort that we are still on control, it give us an escape to not face the reality of what is being done to us. Even Dr. Mengele said, "The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it."

I don't believe politics is downstream from culture, it used to be, but the reality is, there has been an over 50 yr concerted effort to manipulate and control culture from the top down and all evidence points to the fact that it has been wildly successful. The great dystopian writers were right.

We have Orwell's "1984" foreign policy, Huxley's "Brave New World" society of pills and sex and barrage of entertainment for the sake of making us feel we are happy, we have Bradbury's "Fahrenheit 451", media to barrage us with sound bites of information at such a fast rate and constantly to keep us from actually learning anything, let alone get to the point where we question it and if we do, the "mechanical hound" will get us, only the hound comes in the form of internet bots and fake Internet mobs.

The fact that so much of our lives are highly micro-managed from the top down, should tell you how little control, "We the people" have in our own country.

~ #TheRationalRedhead ~

Blogger Raben Wulf May 26, 2018 6:57 PM  

If the critical thinking part of the brain hasnt been shut off completely, then to some extent his lectures are not so bad... in so much that its easy to pick it apart and toss out the crap. It acts a shield, keeping one's mind still on the bank... never fully immersed in believing completely, without doubt, what is being said. Sometimes you can even trigger a line of critical thought that leads somewhere else completely, coming to your own conclusions outside of his own.

What I enjoy most about Peterson (aside from the obvious, legitimate criticism)is that, and maybe this is just a silly pleasure, it drives the left absolutely nuts. I mean, they struggle to argue back... as they have no idea what to even say in response half the time.

If you pull back, and look at the reaction, the cause and effect, its a bit like watching what happens when you release a bunch of disasters on your newly made sim city (2000 of course). Entertaining for sure.

His verbal methodology, even the perception of clarity (sometimes when none exist) is something we can certainly pick up on. I am no fan of Hitler or the NatSoc either, but you can learn a bit from the things they did do well.

Its a shame however that the masses are not necessarily well equipped to think critically at all times, which can be the deciding factor as to how dangerous/harmless he really is. The comment section in his blog regarding the JQ did give me a little bit of hope though, as it seems like those who follow him are not going to agree with him 100%, but can pick him apart just as easily.

Blogger Anchorman May 26, 2018 10:31 PM  

Why bother with numbers attending seminars when the real metric is page views?

Blogger losemoneyfast May 27, 2018 12:53 AM  

"Because what and when you are saying it is nonsense it is just a fruit salad"

That is some priceless syntactic self incrimination.

Let this guy talk to a convolutional neural network for a while and you will create an AI comment-bot weapon of mass destruction.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts