ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Don't listen to your patients, Doctor!

California disciplines a doctor for doing what doctors are supposed to do:
In a decision that could signal how California’s fierce vaccine debates will play out in the coming years, the Medical Board of California has ordered 35 months’ probation for Dr. Bob Sears, an Orange County pediatrician well-known for being sympathetic to parents opposed to vaccines.

In 2016, the board threatened to revoke Sears’ medical license for wrongly writing a doctor’s note for a 2-year-old boy that exempted him from all childhood vaccinations. This week, the medical board settled on a lesser punishment.

Sears can keep practicing medicine but will be required to take 40 hours of medical education courses a year, as well as an ethics class, and also be monitored by a fellow doctor. He also must notify all hospital and medical facilities where he practices of the order and is not allowed to supervise physician assistants or nurse practicioners.

Sears found himself in hot water because, according to the medical board, he wrote a vaccine exemption for a young boy without obtaining even basic medical information, such as the child’s history of vaccines. He took the boy’s mother at her word when she said her son lost urinary function and went limp in response to previous immunizations, according to the filing.
They're going to have to revoke every medical license in California if listening to a patient and taking them at their word is no longer considered proper medical practice. Especially since if a restaurant simply ignored a mother telling a waiter about her child's nut allergy, they'd probably prosecute the owners.

Labels: ,

101 Comments:

Blogger FUBARwest June 30, 2018 8:02 AM  

Build the wall and keep Cali on the other side! We need to make sure VDH moves to Utah or something.

Blogger Resident Moron™ June 30, 2018 8:23 AM  

If he hadn’t listened to her and the child had some adverse reaction they’d also be hounding him.

When people put you in the classic “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” situation, the problem is them not you.

The state of California is a willing agent of the psycho-pharmaceutical autocracy.

Blogger haus frau June 30, 2018 8:25 AM  

"He took the boy’s mother at her word when she said her son lost urinary function and went limp in response to previous immunizations, according to the filing."

So I take it the board is not at all concerned with whether or not the child really experienced these problems and is simply punishing the doctor for not carrying out orders? What the parents tell the doctor is a chunk of the child's medical history. Look at ADHD and autism diagnosis. So much is based on what parents tell the doctor and they just hand out meds with serious side effects. There is no other medication pushed so resolutely by the medical establishment no matter the cost to the child.

Blogger haus frau June 30, 2018 8:27 AM  

"If he hadn’t listened to her and the child had some adverse reaction they’d also be hounding him. "

No, I don't think they would. Children have reactions all the time and doctors are entirely shielded from meaningful consequences. They have gone so far as to attribute the reaction to parental abuse.

Blogger Alexandros June 30, 2018 8:29 AM  

Perhaps this approach is too simple minded, but what is the harm of one’s child not getting vaccinated if others around said child are vaccinated?

Blogger James Dixon June 30, 2018 8:29 AM  

How long before the doctor relocates to Nevada?

Blogger Jew613 June 30, 2018 8:30 AM  

This makes no sense. If a patient has a bad reaction to a treatment of cpurse it should be stopped. What was Dr. Sears supposed to do different?

Blogger James Dixon June 30, 2018 8:33 AM  

> Perhaps this approach is too simple minded, but what is the harm of one’s child not getting vaccinated if others around said child are vaccinated?

One child? None. But you can't have the proles making decisions for themselves. Big government knows best. Yes, that is what this is really all about.

Blogger Alexandros June 30, 2018 8:36 AM  

Yeah the state and it’s apparatuses always know best. The book is out of print, but it’d be worth getting ahold of, entitled “survival of the wisest”, by Jonas Salk. It’s his plan for mass depopulation via innoculations.

Blogger lannes June 30, 2018 8:40 AM  

If you saw who comprises California's medical board, you wouldn't be surprised by this.

Blogger Howard Stone June 30, 2018 8:41 AM  

Vaccines aren’t 100% full proof. The thing is, California is welcoming, with open borders, illegal aliens, many of whom are carrying these diseases which the vaccines are meant to protect against. That in part is why California is so adamant about vaccines.

California is putting its citizens in harms way by not being tougher on immigration laws, and their solution is to expose infants to a barrage of potential harmful vaccines, instead of informing the law.

Blogger Resident Moron™ June 30, 2018 8:44 AM  

@haus frau

OK. So as long as he follows orders reality is irrelevant?

Bloody hell.

Blogger pyrrhus June 30, 2018 8:54 AM  

@11...Children and young adults die from vaccines, including those, like Gardasil, that have never been proven effective. I was given a purported vaccine for malaria, later withdrawn as ineffective, prior to a foreign trip. It made me sick for months....

Blogger Phillip George June 30, 2018 8:54 AM  

Neil Young wrote about crucified on a needle. He just got the substance wrong..

Vox.
We need Regime Change. [not just Britain/ Europe]

medical harm 'iatrogenic' exemptions from prosecution/ indemnities is the first step in restoration of common law good.

10 good men anywhere can make the law. It's called jury. Every red-pilled woke citizen/subject can wreak havoc.

Blogger VD June 30, 2018 9:01 AM  

Phyrrus, first, don't post OT comments. Second, REALLY don't post OT comments with very important news that has already been posted on the blog.

Blogger VoodooJock June 30, 2018 9:02 AM  

I don't think this is a function of pharma as much as it is a bunch of bureaucrats looking for a reason to exist. They love setting up a heads I win/ tails you lose outcome as no matter what they can justify their budgets and annual increases to it. Not to mention in scope as well. The fact pharma is willing to sustain it via indirect political subsidies is icing for that cake

Blogger Francis Parker Yockey June 30, 2018 9:07 AM  

@5
Alexandros
Perhaps this approach is too simple minded, but what is the harm of one’s child not getting vaccinated if others around said child are vaccinated?

Herd immunity. Vaccinations are not just a medical intervention, but an epidemiological one. Look at it from the pathogen's perspective, rather than the host's, and this point becomes clearer.

https://infogalactic.com/info/Herd_immunity

Or look at a purely epidemiological (rather than a mixed medical / epidemiological) intervention for comparison: Isolation does nothing to affect the course of an infectious disease in a given individual, yet it can be quite effective at the population level. No one wants to be subjected to isolation either, of course...

Blogger John Raptis June 30, 2018 9:18 AM  

Have emperical studies been done on herd immunity re: vaccine efficacy, or is it just one of those "sounds about ai'ight" theories that have somehow become canon during the progressive era?

Blogger James Dixon June 30, 2018 9:27 AM  

> OK. So as long as he follows orders reality is irrelevant?

Exactly.

> Have emperical studies been done on herd immunity re: vaccine efficacy

Double blind studies? No. How would you ethically set up a control group? Historical data accumulation, yes. It's not my field though, so I can't say much about it beyond that.

Blogger Dr. J June 30, 2018 9:35 AM  

California is putting its citizens in harms way by not being tougher on immigration laws

They're not the only ones. Immigration has given us the gift of measles and Hepatitis A.

How long before the doctor relocates to Nevada?
And many others. Unfortunately for this MD the decision of the California Board will follow him the rest of his career. Every State Board and Hospital privileging committee requires disclosure of any such action.

Blogger JC June 30, 2018 9:40 AM  

"Sears can keep practicing medicine but will be required to take 40 hours of medical education courses a year, as well as an ethics class, and also be monitored by a fellow doctor."

I'm sure this has been observed before but all these courses and qualifications they are now requiring for even unskilled labor are more about gate keeping than improving employee performance. What they're doing is just deliberately making his job a bit more tedious and difficult than it need be. You can be sure that will increase as time goes on.

Blogger Crew June 30, 2018 9:42 AM  

Perhaps it's because of all those profits in vaccine sales:

Robert Kennedy Jr.: CDC Is A Privately Owned Vaccine Company

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. claims the CDC owns patents on at least 57 different vaccines, and profits $4.1 billion per year in vaccination sales.

Blogger Phillip George June 30, 2018 9:53 AM  

or put this another way.

what if every doctor, nurse and paramedic was held fully accountable at common law for all harm they inflict.

we could return to Hippocrates. "DO NO HARM ... ". Doctors would return to being Doctors. And look it up. The word means teacher.

Blogger John Raptis June 30, 2018 9:56 AM  

>Double blind studies? No.

Then it's not science yet.

>ethically

This is just a fallback excuse. Ethics has not ever stopped anyone in the medical industry from doing anything, or we wouldn't have Ritalin and Lexapro being prescribed for infants.

Blogger Mark Stoval June 30, 2018 9:59 AM  

I have followed the vaccination debate for decades. I became interested when a flu vaccination nearly killed my father-in-law and his best friend. The medical "scientists" blamed the one vaccine and claimed all other were "safe and effective".

I am sure many here have seen the writings of doctors and scientists that show that "safe and effective" is not the case.

Why do doctors back vaccines? Read this story for one answer.

Blogger S. Misanthrope June 30, 2018 10:10 AM  

Re: herd immunity, Europe enjoys the same low rate of disease with 70% vaccination rate versus 90% in the US. If herd immunity works, US is well above the threshold. Vaccines are practically sacred in the culture, so there isn’t even slippery slope harm to letting a few parents opt out.

Unless of course the vaccine proponents don’t want to have a control group for what a nonvaccinated population looks like down the road...

Blogger James Dixon June 30, 2018 10:19 AM  

> Then it's not science yet.

I never said it was.

> This is just a fallback excuse. Ethics has not ever stopped anyone in the medical industry from doing anything,

I didn't ask how they would do it. I asked how the generic you would do it. You could substitute one if you prefer. Since we know immunizations work in at least some cases, I don't know of any ethical way to perform such a double blind study.

> I became interested when a flu vaccination nearly killed my father-in-law and his best friend.

I've gotten flu shots three times. I've gotten sick from them every time. The last one laid me out for over a week. I refuse to get them.

> If herd immunity works, US is well above the threshold.

Not among the immigrant population we're not. But for the rest of the population, yes.

> Unless of course the vaccine proponents don’t want to have a control group for what a nonvaccinated population looks like down the road

It's possible such a control group already exists. How do the Christian Scientists and Amish feel about vaccines?

Blogger tublecane June 30, 2018 10:29 AM  

Don't they have strict laws there against being able to claim you're a medical service and also advocate against abortion? How long before medicine is compelled to advocate for abortion?

California is civilization in freefall.

Blogger TontoBubbaGoldstein June 30, 2018 10:41 AM  

Alexandros wrote:Perhaps this approach is too simple minded, but what is the harm of one’s child not getting vaccinated if others around said child are vaccinated?

Assuming the vaccine is effective...

Basically the argument distills down to two points:

(1.)The "slippery slope argument" that if you allow one person to not vaccinate, then more and more will choose not to.

(2.)It's morally wrong to allow people to do nothing and reap the benefits of those doing the work.

Verily, it warms the cockles of my heart to hear big-government, progressive types make these arguments.

Blogger bw June 30, 2018 10:55 AM  

FLU SHOTS 01/15/2018

GOOGLE’s Funding Universal Flu Vaccine (private "British" Co.) Via Venture Capitalist Arm: (cnbc.com / vaxxter.com / fortune.com / etc)

This year’s flu season has been a parade of chaos. First came the poor flu shot results data, which showed the flu shot being ONLY 10% EFFECTIVE. Next came the ....

Blogger Tino June 30, 2018 10:58 AM  

@29 But it doesn't boil down to those two points. ALL medical procedures, including vaccination, even if effective, are subject to informed consent. We have had a whole kerfuffle at Nuremberg postWW2 on that. Which means an absolute right of refusal. And we are not talking edge cases like Typhoid Mary. We are talking about the run of the mill patient/parent who must be allowed refusal in general.

Blogger Crew June 30, 2018 11:01 AM  

California is civilization in freefall.

Indeed. That SJW organization, Working Partnerships wants another $11B from productive Californians for all the unproductive people:

Friend, we are into the last few days we have to gather the signatures needed to have the chance to restore $11 billion every year of annual funding for California's schools, community colleges, and health clinics.

That's $314 for every resident in CA, but if you factor in that only about a third of Californians are productive and pay tax, that is more like $1,000 per productive person.

Blogger bw June 30, 2018 11:43 AM  

From the medical establi$hment’s evil point of view, being alive is a "medical condition"



Blogger Dangeresque June 30, 2018 11:47 AM  

I really wish fatherlessness could be seen for how detrimental to a child's health it is versus vaccines, poor diet, and all the other crunchy hippy distractions out there. Prosecute the single mothers.

Blogger Anno Ruse June 30, 2018 11:51 AM  

How long until parents no longer have any say in their children being "transgender", but it's something the state decides? We're not too far away from little Billy getting mandatory hormone treatments if his teacher notices him picking up a doll during playtime.

Blogger Ken Prescott June 30, 2018 11:51 AM  

"ALL medical procedures, including vaccination, even if effective, are subject to informed consent. We have had a whole kerfuffle at Nuremberg postWW2 on that. Which means an absolute right of refusal. And we are not talking edge cases like Typhoid Mary. We are talking about the run of the mill patient/parent who must be allowed refusal in general."

Conversely, Joe Allergic-to-Vaccine-Ingredients needs to have an absolute right to keep anti-vaxxers outside of potentially lethal radius of his person. Said keepout zone may be kept in place by lethal force.

Y'all cool with that?

Out here, you want to track measles and whooping cough outbreaks, look for schools in close proximity to Whole Foods and yoga studios.

Blogger Arthur Isaac June 30, 2018 11:56 AM  

And yet the people that California lovesost don't need any records at all and nobody caresi if they are vaccinated.

Blogger Ceerilan June 30, 2018 11:59 AM  

So much of medical care in general requires the honesty of patients, most laymen don't understand. I myself have a story regarding trying to get out of a vaccination. The state of TN wanted me to have a Chicken Pox vaccination when I went back to college. Legal exemptions exist for those who have had CP before because it's once you catch it, you are immune. I went in to the TN health department to make a challenge, claiming that I've had the disease before, explaining to the nurse that I had no proof other than my word because no one thought to keep records at the time.

Luckily the nurse believed me after she made me explain what I remember of the symptoms, but she could have just as easily ordered that I submit to having lab work done to prove my case, which would have been more expensive than just taking the stupid shot.

My point is that there is a trust that needs to exist between a patient and his doctors/nurses. Politically motivated state regulations aren't going to help that.

Blogger Ken Prescott June 30, 2018 12:02 PM  

"And yet the people that California lovesost don't need any records at all and nobody caresi if they are vaccinated."

The odds are that an illegal alien maid or nanny's kids are 100% current on their vaccines. Not so much for the kids of the wealthy woman who hired her.

California got a reputation as the land of the idiot lotus-eaters from the high end of society, not from the poor folks.

Interestingly enough, the rise of non-vaccination tracks with the rise in women with advanced degrees. Hmmmm...

Blogger Crew June 30, 2018 12:09 PM  

July 4 is the day that makes most sense!

Blogger cyrus83 June 30, 2018 12:15 PM  

The doctor clearly doesn't understand how California law works, otherwise he'd know that the exemption provision written into the law is window dressing not meant to be used and that doctors will be punished for using it.

It wouldn't have changed the board's decision if the doctor had done due diligence with an exam and medical history, but I do think doctors should actually examine either the patient or their records before issuing a note or making a diagnosis. My (former) primary doctor once did this with me, just accepted my hypothesized diagnosis of a nuisance ailment based on symptoms and wrote a referral to a specialist consistent with that diagnosis without even examining the affected area. The specialist took about 5 seconds before saying that surgery was urgently required for a quite different problem.

Blogger ghostfromplanetspook June 30, 2018 12:51 PM  

Science will save the race dont you know

Blogger grendel June 30, 2018 12:55 PM  

@36 Mr. NeedsToLiveInABubble should go ahead and live in his bubble, statist! There is no conceivable right to make everyone else have an injection that is dangerous to oneself.

Blogger bw June 30, 2018 1:11 PM  

FAKE FLU SHOTS :
2018 :The CDC and other “experts” have admitted the vaccine has a very low effectiveness rate.
Why is it a dud?
Because the vaccine is produced using chicken eggs, and in that medium, the flu virus—which is intentionally placed in the eggs—mutates. Therefore, it isn’t the same virus which is causing flu this year. Therefore, no protection against the flu.
Australia, which already had its flu season, scientists warn that this season’s flu shot might be only 10% effective. And the reason for such a low level of protection might lie in the method by which the majority of flu vaccines are made: in eggs.”
Ten percent effectiveness.
It would be the same problem ever since chicken eggs have been used to manufacture the vaccine.
Are you ready?
Healthline.com: “The majority of flu vaccines are grown in chicken eggs, a method of vaccine development that’s been used for 70 years.”

Blogger Mark Stoval June 30, 2018 1:49 PM  

"BOOM! Trump’s DOJ criminally charges 76 doctors, 23 pharmacists, 19 nurses raking in billions in medical fraud to push toxic drugs"

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-06-29-trumps-doj-criminally-charges-doctors-pharmacists-nurses-medical-fraud-drugs.html

Of course, there is no reason to suspect that vaccines are also a criminal conspiracy now is there.

Blogger rtp June 30, 2018 1:58 PM  

I really don't understand how people smart enough to read this blog are stupid enough to believe in vaccines.

There is no herd immunity.

There is no immunity.

Immunity to disease was predicated on the idea germs infected us on an acute basis. We now know that's not true. Viruses remain in our bodies for months or years - we call it chronic infection but infection is a misnomer.

Either way immunity is, as Vox would say, a category error.

Diseases have all just been renamed because doctors typically refuse to dx a condition if a patient is vaccinated. Their apparent success is just a self fulfilling prophecy.

Even more extraordinary is the fact that in vitro resistance to antibiotics is a myth. Antibiotics kill germs today as well as they did 70 years ago even though patients given abx frequently don't get better.

This means that the entire germ theory is a lie. Abx merely (sometimes) mask symptoms. They do kill germs but germs are not the cause of disease.

Blogger Crew June 30, 2018 2:05 PM  

@46: You seem confused about the difference between viruses and bacteria.

More over, there are recent papers pointing out that Herpes viruses seem associated with Alzheimers. And then there is H. pylori and ulcers ...

Finally, if you actually understood the structure of the influenza virus (as apposed to the common cold virus, or rhinoviruses) you would know that most healthy people alive today have good defenses against it.

Blogger Ken Prescott June 30, 2018 2:13 PM  

"Mr. NeedsToLiveInABubble should go ahead and live in his bubble, statist! There is no conceivable right to make everyone else have an injection that is dangerous to oneself."

Please learn how to read before replying to my comments. My proposal was about as anti-statist a way of handling the problem as can be imagined--specifically, how to enforce that bubble.

Feel free to not get Vaccine X. But you'd best stay away from anyone who CANNOT receive Vaccine X. If you insist on breaching the keepout zone for transmission of Disease X for someone who can't receive the vaccine, then it's the same as if you're trying to shank the guy, and lethal force may be used to stop you.

BTW, this goes both ways. Mr. Can't-Be-Vaccinated can't breach the keepout zone of Mr. Doesn't-Want-to-be-Vaccinated--for exactly the same reason.

If you ain't cool with that, come up with an alternative method for coping with that issue.

Blogger bw June 30, 2018 2:23 PM  

“It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines. I take no pleasure in this conclusion, which I reached slowly and reluctantly over my two decades as an editor of The New England Journal of Medicine.” (Marcia Angell, MD, “Drug Companies and Doctors: A story of Corruption.” NY Review of Books, Jan. 15, 2009.)

Blogger Mark Stoval June 30, 2018 2:27 PM  

#48

Ken,

I would be interested if you would take a look at these historical disease mortality charts vs. when vaccine for the disease is introduced and then explain to me why you believe in vaccines protecting people.

https://www.vaccinationinformationnetwork.com/do-infectious-disease-mortality-graphs-show-vaccines-save-lives/

Blogger haus frau June 30, 2018 2:39 PM  

@48 "Feel free to not get Vaccine X. But you'd best stay away from anyone who CANNOT receive Vaccine X. If you insist on breaching the keepout zone for transmission of Disease X for someone who can't receive the vaccine, then it's the same as if you're trying to shank the guy, and lethal force may be used to stop you."

If someone is that fragile then its on them to stay away from the public at large not force mass medication on healthy people just to suit their needs.

Blogger Dirk Manly June 30, 2018 2:49 PM  

Speaking of nut allergies

My brother had several food allergies. Due to that, pretty much the entire family was aware of not only what my brother was (at the time) allergic to, but other foods that might come up as triggering an allergic reaction.

One that I NEVER heard of as being a common food allergen was nuts and/or peanuts.

Suddenly, around 2000, we start getting all of these dire reports about people with nut and/or peanut allergies.

The demographic group with far and away, the highest incidence of nut and/or peanut allergies?

NATIVE AFRICANS.

They need to go back home, before I start paving the streets with peanuts.

Blogger Dirk Manly June 30, 2018 2:53 PM  

@5

"Perhaps this approach is too simple minded, but what is the harm of one’s child not getting vaccinated if others around said child are vaccinated? "

In the vast majority of cases, absolutely nothing.

That being said, when the army sends me overseas to 3rd-world hell-holes, I'm glad they give me as many immunizations as they can come up with. When you're living in a place that literally smells like feces.... EVERYWHERE ... you need every benefit you can get.

Blogger Dirk Manly June 30, 2018 2:54 PM  

"One child? None. But you can't have the proles making decisions for themselves. Big government knows best. Yes, that is what this is really all about."

It really is.

Blogger Ken Prescott June 30, 2018 2:54 PM  

"I would be interested if you would take a look at these historical disease mortality charts vs. when vaccine for the disease is introduced and then explain to me why you believe in vaccines protecting people."

Because cleanliness has its limits. Vaccines still inflict one heck of a drop on the infection and mortality rate relative to the pre-vaccination period. Given that the consequences of things like polio, pertussis, and measles can be lethal, you use every available tool to combat their spread.

My car has various safety features designed to keep my body from becoming a loose projectile in the event of a collision. None of that obviates me from using the best safety practices while driving. Conversely, just because I'm safe and sane behind the wheel doesn't mean that I shouldn't bother fastening my seatbelt before I back out of the garage.

Or, "This is why I always wear my Kuiper Belt with my Gekko suspenders."

Now, I do have a way of handling parental objections to vaccination:

1. Herd immunity is dependent on very few people opting out of vaccinating their children.
2. Therefore, very few children should be unvaccinated.
3. Calculate number of slots available for unvaccinated children.
4. Those who are unable to be vaccinated get the first slots.
5. Remaining slots get sold at auction. Minimum bid: $100,000. (Financing available OAC.)

Blogger Ken Prescott June 30, 2018 2:55 PM  

"If someone is that fragile then its on them to stay away from the public at large not force mass medication on healthy people just to suit their needs."

If I write something, it's on you to have enough brains to comprehend it.

Blogger Dirk Manly June 30, 2018 3:00 PM  

@9

"Yeah the state and it’s apparatuses always know best. The book is out of print, but it’d be worth getting ahold of, entitled “survival of the wisest”, by Jonas Salk. It’s his plan for mass depopulation via innoculations. "


Mousetopia?

Blogger Dirk Manly June 30, 2018 3:04 PM  

@10

If you saw who comprises California's medical board, you wouldn't be surprised by this.

This appears to be a photo.

https://khn.org/news/california-medical-board-president-faces-questions-over-vote-in-sexual-misconduct-case/

50% "You must do what we say!" orientals.
70% "You must do what authorities claim are 'best practices'" females.

1 Arab guy.
0 European males.

Blogger Dirk Manly June 30, 2018 3:29 PM  

@20

>> California is putting its citizens in harms way by not being tougher on immigration laws

> They're not the only ones. Immigration has given us the gift of measles and Hepatitis A.

Not to mention Polio

The disease is preventable with the polio vaccine; however, multiple doses are required for it to be effective. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends polio vaccination boosters for travelers and those who live in countries where the disease is occurring. Once infected there is no specific treatment. In 2016, there were 37 cases of wild polio and 5 cases of vaccine-derived polio. This is down from 350,000 wild cases in 1988. In 2014 the disease was only spreading between people in Afghanistan, Nigeria, and Pakistan. In 2015 Nigeria had stopped the spread of wild poliovirus but it reoccurred in 2016.

Blogger Dirk Manly June 30, 2018 3:29 PM  

AND MORE, YEAAAHH ENTEROVIRUS!!!!!

Diseases caused by enterovirus infection

Enteroviruses cause a wide range of symptoms, and while their long list of signs and symptoms should put them on the differential diagnosis list of many illnesses, they often go unnoticed. Enteroviruses can cause anything from rashes in small children, to summer colds, to encephalitis, to blurred vision, to pericarditis. Enteroviral infections have a great range in presentation and seriousness. Although the virus is named in for the transmission route into the body, one of the few illnesses not associated with enteroviruses are gastrointestinal in nature. Non polio enteroviruses cause 10-15 million infections and tens of thousands of hospitalizations in the US each year. Enteroviruses can be identified through cell culture or PCR assay, collected from fecal or respiratory specimens. Below are common enterovirus related diseases, including poliomyelitis.

* Poliomyelitis primarily via the fecal-oral route
* Polio-like syndrome found in children who tested positive for enterovirus 68.
* Nonspecific febrile illness is the most common presentation of enterovirus infection. Other than fever, symptoms include muscle pain, sore throat, gastrointestinal distress/abdominal discomfort, and headache. In newborns the picture may be that of sepsis, however, and can be severe and life-threatening.
* Enteroviruses are by far the most common causes of aseptic meningitis in children. In the United States, enteroviruses are responsible for 30,000 to 50,000 meningitis hospitalizations per year as a result of 30 million to 50 million infections.
* Bornholm disease or epidemic pleurodynia is characterized by severe paroxysmal pain in the chest and abdomen, along with fever, and sometimes nausea, headache, and emesis.
* Pericarditis and/or myocarditis are typically caused by enteroviruses; symptoms consist of fever with dyspnea and chest pain. Arrhythmias, heart failure, and myocardial infarction have also been reported.
* Acute hemorrhagic conjunctivitis (bleeding from the eyes) can be caused by enteroviruses.
* Herpangina is caused by Coxsackie A virus, and causes a vesicular rash in the oral cavity and on the pharynx, along with high fever, sore throat, malaise, and often dysphagia, loss of appetite, back pain, and headache. It is also self-limiting, with symptoms typically ending in 3–4 days.
* Hand, foot and mouth disease is a childhood illness most commonly caused by infection by Coxsackie A virus or EV71.
* Encephalitis is rare manifestation of enterovirus infection; when it occurs, the most frequent enterovirus found to be causing it is echovirus 9.
* Myocarditis is characterized by inflammation of the myocardium (cardiac muscle cells). Over the last couple of decades, numerous culprits have been identified as playing a role in myocarditis pathogenesis in addition to the enterovirus, which at first was the most commonly implicated virus in this pathology. One of the most common enteroviruses found to be responsible for causing Myocarditis is the Coxsackie B3 virus.
* A 2007 study suggested that acute respiratory or gastrointestinal infections associated with enterovirus may be a factor in chronic fatigue syndrome.
* Diabetes mellitus type 1 It has been proposed that type 1 diabetes is a virus-triggered autoimmune response in which the immune system attacks virus-infected cells along with the insulin-producing beta cells in the pancreas. A team working at University of Tampere, Finland has identified a type of enterovirus that has a possible link to type 1 diabetes (which is an autoimmune disease).

Blogger Mark Stoval June 30, 2018 3:31 PM  

@55

Ken,

When I talk to parents, I just ask how come they think putting aluminum and mercury (see Thiomersal) directly into the blood of the young is safe.

I also ask why they trust a medical establishment that would put a "vaccine" into the blood of a child BEFORE the child's immune system was fully developed.

I also ask why there have been no long term studies on the safety of the product. I tell them they don't work, but that is not the issue. They may cause real problems down the road over time. Why no long term studies if the future of mankind may be riding on the issue?

Ken, we will never agree on this one since I have been studying the issue for decades and my mind is made up. I think yours is too. Let us let it go.

Blogger haus frau June 30, 2018 3:32 PM  

"If I write something, it's on you to have enough brains to comprehend it."

"....then it's the same as if you're trying to shank the guy, and lethal force may be used to stop you."

So many assumptions about vaccine efficacy in here. So much stupid to begin with.

Blogger haus frau June 30, 2018 3:37 PM  

"3. Calculate number of slots available for unvaccinated children.
4. Those who are unable to be vaccinated get the first slots.
5. Remaining slots get sold at auction. Minimum bid: $100,000. (Financing available OAC.)"


Wow. a vaccine exemption system based heavily on bureaucracy, raw force, and graft instead the actual needs of the patient.... and aren't we all confident that the calculations for how many must be exempted and how many exemptions are for purchase will always reflect objective medical reality. How wonderfully anti-statist.

Blogger Ken Prescott June 30, 2018 3:37 PM  

"One that I NEVER heard of as being a common food allergen was nuts and/or peanuts."

Peanut allergies are not very common, but they're usually pretty severe consequence--minor things like death, an uncontrollable urge to listen to Barry Manilow, that sort of thing.

"Suddenly, around 2000, we start getting all of these dire reports about people with nut and/or peanut allergies."

Because of lawsuits over inadvertent exposure to peanuts. IIRC, in the late 1980s, Delta Airlines got socked with a YUGE judgement because someone got anaphylactic shock and died just from sitting NEXT to a guy eating peanuts. (I was stationed at MCAS Beaufort at the time, and it made the local news because Delta was one of the two big regional airlines--Piedmont was the other).

Blogger Mark Stoval June 30, 2018 3:37 PM  

I would like to point out to everyone here that making sure you provide the correct nutrients, minerals, and vitamins to the human so that his/her immune system is working to a high degree of efficiency is a key to good health.

And one last thing. There have been medical people who have treated an outbreak of some disease with people dying in great numbers all around them but they are not effected.

Mind your immune system first.

Blogger Dirk Manly June 30, 2018 3:39 PM  

@21

"I'm sure this has been observed before but all these courses and qualifications they are now requiring for even unskilled labor are more about gate keeping than improving employee performance. What they're doing is just deliberately making his job a bit more tedious and difficult than it need be. You can be sure that will increase as time goes on. "

Not by the time Trump is done with the trafficking and corruption networks.

Blogger Ken Prescott June 30, 2018 3:49 PM  

"Wow. a vaccine exemption system based heavily on bureaucracy, raw force, and graft instead the actual needs of the patient.... "

Graft? Heavens, no! Graft is when it's under the table. This is right out in the open. You want to be fashionably anti-vaxxer? No problemo! For the less than the cost of a Tesla payment per month, you too can get the coveted "my lifestyle choice is FAR too special to be vaccinated like the proles' crotchfruit" sticker.

I have a very jaded view of the antivax crowd because of who makes it up here in Southern California--generally, it's women who think they're 'educated' because they have a Master's in Grievance Studies (or a JD, or both), married a high-income beta male, squeezed out a trophy tadpole or two, and are now screwing the gardener/maid/perhaps both between yoga classes and attending the latest fashionably left-wing meeting.

Blogger rtp June 30, 2018 3:51 PM  

Not confused at all Crew. They were separate points but they both amounted to proof that the entire paradigm - immunity and germs as pathogens - is a lie.

And I couldn't care less what "recent papers" claim. The authors suffer under the paradigm therefore are unable to think straight.

That's why I use first principles reasoning.

The germ theory - and disease immunity - is logically impossible, an affront to God, an affront to nature, an affront to children and the worst and most destructive belief humans have devised in history.

Worse than communism, feminism and mass immigration combined.

The only thing you have to ask to see the lunacy of it is "if the germs of sick people are so dangerous such that we should get vaccines, why would anybody visit - let alone become - a doctor?"

That's it. That question destroys everything. You'll try and ratinalize it by searching for some paper by some author with the word "SCIENCE" in the title but there's no way of reconciling it.

Blogger haus frau June 30, 2018 4:03 PM  

"have a very jaded view of the antivax crowd because of who makes it up here in Southern California--generally, it's women who think they're 'educated' because they have a Master's in Grievance Studies (or a JD, or both), married a high-income beta male, squeezed out a trophy tadpole or two, and are now screwing the gardener/maid/perhaps both between yoga classes and attending the latest fashionably left-wing meeting."

Thats cute but i really dont care about the crowd you hang with. And yes my crotch fruit are far too special to be injected with fetal cells, cells cultured from tumors, mercury, aluminum, etc.. every parent's crotch fruit should be that special especially those of the prole parents who have few resources to deal with vaccine damaged children. Your faith in government benevolence is idiotic.

Blogger Dirk Manly June 30, 2018 4:14 PM  

@44

"2018 :The CDC and other “experts” have admitted the vaccine has a very low effectiveness rate.
Why is it a dud?
Because the vaccine is produced using chicken eggs, and in that medium, the flu virus—which is intentionally placed in the eggs—mutates. Therefore, it isn’t the same virus which is causing flu this year. Therefore, no protection against the flu.
Australia, which already had its flu season, scientists warn that this season’s flu shot might be only 10% effective. And the reason for such a low level of protection might lie in the method by which the majority of flu vaccines are made: in eggs.”
Ten percent effectiveness.
It would be the same problem ever since chicken eggs have been used to manufacture the vaccine.
Are you ready?
Healthline.com: “The majority of flu vaccines are grown in chicken eggs, a method of vaccine development that’s been used for 70 years.” "

Influenza virus is ALWAYS mutating.

It is one of the only known organisms which has bot the advantages of asexual reproduction (no male and female gametes) AND sexual reproduction (gene swapping).

Whether in an egg culture, or in a living organism, influenza viruses are CONSTANTLY swapping genetic code with each other.

For more details, read the book about the 1917-1919 worldwide influenza pandemic that literally stopped WW1: "The Great Influenza".

Blogger Chris Ritchie June 30, 2018 4:20 PM  

This debate should not center on vaccine efficacy. This is a personal and parental rights issue: Does society have the right to force an individual to inject their children with unwanted medical care?

Secondly, the proof for herd immunity is specious at best, but given what this blog has said about science, I would say everything is back on the table and needs to be re-verified.

Most importantly, and related to the original post, why do we accept the current governing body of the medical community as authoritative? We know that the AMA and the state medical boards that follow their guidelines were purposely slanted by the Rockefeller family towards allopathy. This came in the form of funding. According to Infogalactic:

On Gates' advice, Rockefeller became one of the first great benefactors of medical science. In 1901, he founded the Rockefeller Institute for Medical Research[108] in New York City. It changed its name to Rockefeller University in 1965, after expanding its mission to include graduate education.[110] It claims a connection to 23 Nobel laureates.[111] He founded the Rockefeller Sanitary Commission in 1909,[108] an organization that eventually eradicated the hookworm disease,[112] which had long plagued rural areas of the American South. His General Education Board made a dramatic impact by funding the recommendations of the Flexner Report of 1910. The study had been undertaken by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.

This influence resulted in a model that promoted drugs as single-issue remedies as opposed to homeopathy or naturopathy that look at whole health factors and the whole individual in their recommendations. But this isn't the debate. Back to the premise of the OP.

The standards set by AMA and the resultant state medical accreditation boards set standards that said if a symptom subsided, the treatment was a success. Side effects were not considered. That single rifle shot approach has led to much harm in my opinion.

You get what you measure.

Can we not start an end-around on these accreditation boards? Why does Dr. Sears have to have the approval from what I consider to be a compromised AMA and California State Medical Board? Why do we let our government set the standard this way? The same is true in other fields: Education, Carpentry, Electrical, Housing, etc. Accreditation boards have led to a loss of freedom. This is the crux of the vaccine issue. We shouldn't have the government telling us what we can and cannot put into our bodies. That spills over into the drug debate, but that's another story.

This sick care system, perpetuated by the compromised medical boards that serve the pharmaceutical industry instead of the patients, only profits from sick people. There is also good circumstantial evidence to prove that this system drains the wealth of the elderly into the medical system thereby denying what may be better inheritance and wealth transfer to children, giving families the ability to create generational wealth. Couple this with the estate tax and you can see why we have only a few generational wealth families that we still talk about any more. This system is by design to control us and the medical accreditation that is required is just part of the picture.

The bottom line is that the state medical boards serve the interests of the pharmaceutical industry, not the patients. It's been like this for 100 years and it was by design to create a sick care system, not a health care system. Therefore, the state of CA board is illegitimate and has lost its authority to regulate how Dr. Sears treats his patients. We need a better system. Read below for more.

Blogger rtp June 30, 2018 4:34 PM  

Dirk there is no such thing as the flu virus.

The so called Spanish Flu was caused by the plethora of vaccines that those people - especially soldiers - were given.

By the way for anybody to think laterally about, why is malaria restricted to just a few countries today?

Did those particular mosquitoes suddenly develop a new found respect for international borders?

Hint: compare malaria symptoms to flu symptoms.

Blogger Jack Amok June 30, 2018 4:38 PM  

Prescott, we understand your pathetic argument perfectly well - it's the argument of a idiot with an entitlement complex. It's not our responsibility to accommodate your frailty on the terms you demand.

Blogger Welsh Woodsman June 30, 2018 4:40 PM  

"Out here, you want to track measles and whooping cough outbreaks, look for schools in close proximity to Whole Foods and yoga studios.'

Concrete proof -with hyper links -or STFU.
The reality is the recent rise of these diseases is directly correlated to the influx of turd world invaders..particularly from central america and africa.
Proof: I live in the whitest of white parts of the country -for hundreds of miles around. Around here, leftism and anti-vaxing is in vogue and lo and behold- measles and whooping cough outbreaks are not a problem. Funny that. Its amazing what a lack of diversity will do for the health of a region.
I loath leftists but its ridiculous to blame the anti-vax wing of their tribe for the increase in these diseases.

Blogger tublecane June 30, 2018 7:21 PM  

@41- Those are two different situations, in that vaccines are luxury you don't necessarily need whereas sending you to a specialist costs you money. But even then, of the specialist does his job no great harm is done.

Problems really start when the primary doctor causes you direct harm by lacking due diligence. Either by missing something he should have caught, or doing something to you that you don't need.

Blogger Ken Prescott June 30, 2018 7:25 PM  

"Thats cute but i really dont care about the crowd you hang with."

I don't hang with them. They hate it when I tell them "your playmates have to go back."

Blogger Dirk Manly June 30, 2018 7:41 PM  

@72 rtp

"There's no such thing as flu virus"

Yeah, ok, then you explain that to the people who isolated it in 1918, and verified that it is, in fact, the cause of flu (with properly designed control and test group experiments).

Next thing, you'll be telling us that ocean freighter pilots all have secret maps to keep from sailing over the edge of the earth.

Blogger Dirk Manly June 30, 2018 7:47 PM  

@72

"
By the way for anybody to think laterally about, why is malaria restricted to just a few countries today?

Did those particular mosquitoes suddenly develop a new found respect for international borders?

Hint: compare malaria symptoms to flu symptoms."

1: I've known people who had malaria. One was a trig teacher. USMC during WW2.
Once you've had malaria, you can NEVER DONATE BLOOD AGAIN. Because if you do, you'll transmit the malaria.

Strange how we don't have that same restriction for people who've suffered from flu. Why is that?

Malaria USED to be common as far north as London ... which is the same latitude as the southern end of Hudson's Bay in Canada.

Why doesn't anyone get malaria in England any more? Because the English wisely drained the swamps where the anopheles mosquito used to breed. Kill the carrier vector, kill the disease.

Blogger Ken Prescott June 30, 2018 7:50 PM  

"Next thing, you'll be telling us that ocean freighter pilots all have secret maps to keep from sailing over the edge of the earth."

If the Earth was flat, my cat would've knocked everything off of it by now.

Blogger Crew June 30, 2018 7:56 PM  

Yeah, ok, then you explain that to the people who isolated it in 1918, and verified that it is, in fact, the cause of flu (with properly designed control and test group experiments).

Can you point to some articles on this? I am having problems finding them.

I did find the following article, however, describing how the 1918 version of H1N1 was reconstructed (from an Alaskan who died of it and who was buried in permafrost).

https://naldc.nal.usda.gov/download/26795/PDF

The article is cause for concern, it seems to me because it means certain people have to means to create such things ...

Blogger Crew June 30, 2018 7:58 PM  

Next thing, you'll be telling us that ocean freighter pilots all have secret maps to keep from sailing over the edge of the earth.

Wait. You really don't know about the secret maps?

Blogger haus frau June 30, 2018 8:01 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger haus frau June 30, 2018 8:03 PM  

"I don't hang with them. They hate it when I tell them "your playmates have to go back."

That's nice Ken. You need to go back too.

Blogger Dirk Manly June 30, 2018 8:05 PM  

@80

The book, "The Great Influenza: The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in History"

Blogger Dire Badger June 30, 2018 9:03 PM  

Serum Vaccines work wonders.

Too bad nobody uses serum vaccines. All other Vaccines are cons or actively harmful.

and, of course, a 'measles party' works better than even serum vaccines... with probably less incidents of harm.

Blogger Ken Prescott June 30, 2018 9:53 PM  

"That's nice Ken. You need to go back too."

I'm not planning on living in Minnesota, son. Too f---ing cold.

Blogger Ken Prescott June 30, 2018 9:55 PM  

"and, of course, a 'measles party' works better than even serum vaccines... with probably less incidents of harm."

MMR: 1 serious adverse reaction per 1,000,000 doses administered.

Measles: 1 death per 2,000 cases.

Decisions, decisions.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine June 30, 2018 10:41 PM  

"then it's the same as if you're trying to shank the guy, and lethal force may be used to stop you."

That's completely f***ing retarded, Ken. Come up with a better argument, this one is obvious rationalization of something else you're dealing with.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine June 30, 2018 10:44 PM  

It'd be one thing if you were infected or had reason to believe you were infected, and the disease was seriously harmful or lethal in most cases. Your proposal is completely absurd and unenforceable, and even trying to enforce it could only give more power to the state, hence you absolutely deserved to be called a statist on that one.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine June 30, 2018 11:02 PM  

"MMR: 1 serious adverse reaction per 1,000,000 doses administered."

Interestingly round numbers. Now, what's the efficacy? This comparison means very little if many of the supposedly immunized can still catch other forms of the disease.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine June 30, 2018 11:04 PM  

And even that information could only potentially prove that MMR is effective, proving the 100%-anti-vaxxers wrong. You need a beneficial comparison of this sort for every single one if you want to prove all of the other anti-vaxxers wrong, and that's not ever going to happen.

Blogger Dirk Manly June 30, 2018 11:38 PM  

>> "MMR: 1 serious adverse reaction per 1,000,000 doses administered."

> Interestingly round numbers. Now, what's the efficacy? This comparison means very little if many of the supposedly immunized can still catch other forms of the disease.

At a magnitude of 10^6, the only HONEST numbers are "round numbers" (indicating that the figure is accurate to only *:/ a factor of 3, i.e. to nearest order of magnitude), unless a study is done using at least another magnitude higher of study test subjects (i.e. > 10^7 in this case).

10^6 is honest.

Blogger Dirk Manly June 30, 2018 11:42 PM  

@91

You're never going to be able to PROVE much of anything where biology is concerned, other than that
1: If you drain an organism of it's blood (or whatever fluid it uses), it's going to die.
2: Material X is a poison at LD50 (lethal dose for 50% of the population)
3: If you remove the heart from an organism, it will die quite rapidly.
4: If you remove the lungs or gills from an organism, it will die quite rapidly.

Most everything else is a crapshoot, to degrees of greater or lesser reliability.

Blogger James Dixon June 30, 2018 11:59 PM  

> The article is cause for concern, it seems to me because it means certain people have to means to create such things ...

It seems that way because they do. Yes, you should be concerned. Herbert's "The White Plague" is not only possible, it's rapidly becoming well nigh inevitable.

Blogger rtp July 01, 2018 7:03 AM  

Dirk I hate to break this to you but the electron microscope hadn't been invented in 1918 and viruses are too small to be seen with anything else.

Scientists have never proven any virus has ever caused pathogenesis even with modern microscopes and they sure as hell didn't do so before they could even see them.

As for malaria it isn't caused by a parasite and it's just as common as it ever was in the developed world.

In case you haven't noticed there are plenty of mosquitoes in Europe and the US so the idea that one type was wiped out in those places is abject lunacy.

What we used to often call malaria we now call the flu.

Flu isn't caused by a virus and malaria isn't caused by mosquitoes.

It's a mathematical impossibility for either theory to be true. Viral or parasite replication is unbounded whereas immune cell replication is bounded.

So if they were valid then no person in history would have ever recovered from disease.

Blogger rtp July 01, 2018 7:07 AM  

And the "one in a million" claim for the serious adverse reactions to vaccines cannot possibly be true.

Any fool can see that.

There is no strict definition of when a reaction is of sufficient intensity or duration to be considered minor, moderate or severe.

Doctors and health bureaucrats will, for example, admit that seizures or headaches or coughs are indeed caused by vaccines but they are adamant that they can't possibly cause epilepsy, chronic migraines or respiratory distress.

And people believe it!

Blogger Dire Badger July 01, 2018 5:49 PM  

Ken Prescott wrote:"and, of course, a 'measles party' works better than even serum vaccines... with probably less incidents of harm."

MMR: 1 serious adverse reaction per 1,000,000 doses administered.

Measles: 1 death per 2,000 cases.

Decisions, decisions.


1 death per 2000 cases among (old people) adults.

Measles and chicken pox parties don't generally include adults. I have NEVER heard of a death from either one.

You are clever. That was a brilliant way of lying through your teeth without telling an actual falsehood.

Blogger Dire Badger July 01, 2018 5:56 PM  

I stand corrected.
"MMR: 1 serious adverse reaction per 1,000,000 doses administered."
that is actually a flat-out lie. the 'safe' mercury and 'safe' colloidal aluminum used in many vaccines has proven to be 100% NOT safe. The adverse reactions sometimes take as long as 40-60 years to show up, but sometimes occur as quickly as 1 or two years.

The Boomers, especially, and their children and Grandchildren are still suffering adverse reactions to the Polio Vaccination, although with truly long term effects it probably won't be until our great grandkids discover the absolute reality behind the various unexplained health effects that manifested themselves during that generation and thereafter... There are odd health conditrions Americans deal with that exist no place else on earth.

Blogger Dirk Manly July 01, 2018 9:19 PM  

@95

"Dirk I hate to break this to you but the electron microscope hadn't been invented in 1918 and viruses are too small to be seen with anything else."

And that's completely irrelevant.

Cowpox virus was isolated and successfully demonstrated (and used to this very day) to innoculate against smallpox.

And Jenner wasn't a modern-day SJW experiment-falsifying idiot.

Seriously, dude, stop being a CRANK.

It doesn't win you any friends.
It doesn't influence people -- other than to regard you as a danger to yourself and others.

Blogger Dirk Manly July 01, 2018 9:22 PM  

@100

"There are odd health conditrions Americans deal with that exist no place else on earth."

That's true, however, much of it could be due to over-reliance on automobiles for transportation. Most of the rest of the world still spends a lot of time walking, because their metropolitan areas have decent subway or elevated rail systems, and bus systems which aren't ruined by diversity.

Blogger rtp July 02, 2018 12:31 PM  

"And that's completely irrelevant."

No it's 100% relevant actually given it proves you're wrong.

"Cowpox virus was isolated and successfully demonstrated (and used to this very day) to innoculate against smallpox."

It wasn't any of those things. It was never isolated and never once shown to prevent smallpox. Doctors simply refused to diagnose smallpox in vaccinated patients - a self fulfilling prophecy that has propped up the use of every vaccine ever since.

"And Jenner wasn't a modern-day SJW experiment-falsifying idiot."

His supporters clearly are given their propensity to use disqualification arguments rather than any logic.

"Seriously, dude, stop being a CRANK."

Exhibit A.

"It doesn't win you any friends.
It doesn't influence people -- other than to regard you as a danger to yourself and others."

Exhibit B.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts