ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Friday, June 29, 2018

Quelle surprise

The shooting at the Capital Gazette had nothing to do with politics, the God-Emperor, or Milo Yiannopoulos. It was the culmination of a nutjob's seven-year vendetta against the people at the paper who had publicly humiliated him in 2011.
Gunman, 38, who shot five dead in the Capital Gazette newsroom, after he sued the paper and harassed staff over 2011 article that exposed him for Facebook stalking a woman... Ramos was the subject of a 2011 article - titled 'Jarrod wants to be your friend' - after he pleaded guilty to criminal harassment. The article described him as having threatened and harassed a former high school classmate on Facebook. He sent the woman numerous emails spanning several months calling her vulgar names and telling her to kill herself.

In the years that followed, Ramos sued the newspaper, the reporter who initially wrote about the case, a judge and the woman who testified against him. His defamation suit was thrown out on appeal in 2015 because Ramos failed to prove that what the newspaper had printed was untrue.

Ramos routinely harassed journalists from the newspaper on Twitter in scores of profanity laced tweets. One of those tweets targeted one of the journalists killed on Thursday, Rob Hiaasen. In another tweet, he discussed how he'd enjoy seeing the paper stop publishing, but 'it would be nicer' to see two journalists 'cease breathing'.

Other tweets from his account referenced previous journalist shootings, including the 2015 terror attack on the Charlie Hebdo offices in Paris

The woman who was harassed by Ramos told WBAL TV that she warned an ex-police officer years ago that he would 'be young next mass shooter'. Adding that he's a 'f***ing nut job', the woman said Ramos because fixated with her for no apparent reason.
That didn't stop Paypal and Venmo from shutting down Milo's accounts with them, thereby proving that you shouldn't EVER talk to the media at all. What has been widely reported as his "call to murder journalists" was nothing more than his standard email response to media requests, sent to two different media outlets that had been harassing him for a comment on an unrelated matter. It wasn't a public "call" for anything at all. That is a flat-out lie.
Yiannapolous was asked by the Observer and Daily Beast to comment on two unrelated articles published Tuesday, Yiannopoulos - who is known as a provocateur - texted the Observer's Davis Richardson "I can't wait for the vigilante squads to start gunning journalists down on sight," while emailing the Beast's Will Sommer the same response. When asked to elaborate, Milo told the Observer that his statement was his "standard response to a request for comment," which he also sent to the Daily Beast's Will Sommer, who published it as well.
Notice how the media managed to twist even the refusal of a request for comment into something they could use to damage him. THIS IS WHY YOU DO NOT TALK TO THEM AT ALL! I had already stopped even emailing them back to decline their requests anymore before this happened. Stefan Molyneux had the right policy all along. Never talk to the mainstream news media at all. They are desperate for content and they are desperate for comments. Don't give them anything.

And no, I don't want to hear from any of the usual morons who have a fiendishly clever plan that no one has ever thought of before on how the media can totally be trolled and recorded and humiliated, thus proving what smart boys they are.


Labels:

51 Comments:

Blogger weka June 29, 2018 5:51 AM  

This week email from Journo referred to a colleague with excuse "He is the expert". And my job requires I talk to them... at times.

I do, however, find they reliably err, distort, and lie.

Blogger Mark Stoval June 29, 2018 6:19 AM  

"Notice how the media managed to twist even the refusal of a request for comment into something they could use to damage him."

Indeed. I saw some reports on what Milo said that made it look like he made his comment as a public statement that millions of us would have seen --- perhaps even including the perp in this case. Turns out it was A PRIVATE TEXT response to a journalist.

One would have to believe that if the perp did see it, then the journalist published a private text that he knew would be inflammatory. Did paypay ban the journalist or his newspaper?

Lefties will fail to mention that if some of the newsmen in the office had been carrying guns, lives would have been saved. Instead, let us talk about Milo. Damn, damn, damn.

A question for folks here. Why does the left seem to HATE gay people if they turn out to be right-wingers? Why the HATE directed towards Milo?

Blogger Al From Bay Shore June 29, 2018 6:20 AM  

I know how some folks feel about Laura Loomer, and that's fair. I think I saw a Tweet of hers in which she made a good point; that the conservative media (yeah I know...) was all but absent in defending Milo against the blame assigned to him. And, as we know, details emerged which pointed to yet another rush to judgement.

Milo put in A LOT of work which caused meaningful damage to the institutional power wielded by SJWs. It's completely sad that those influential individuals who self identify as "conservative" were, from what I observed, AWOL in defending Milo.

There is an ascendancy of the cultural right and Milo played a significant role in that rise. Those "conservative" media pundits who sat on their hands (as well as those who participated in the pile on) benefit from Milo's effective and influential role in the culture wars. It would have been nice, and maybe mildly inspirational, if, say, Erick Erickson had Tweeted "Dudes, before you pile on Milo, wait for all the facts and details to unfold before drawing conclusions."

Blogger Looking Glass June 29, 2018 6:20 AM  

The Media is clearly setting themselves up for a big problem. They've attacked people unrelated to the event more than the person that actually murdered 5 people. The MSM is clearly too stupid to see where this logic goes, but it should be noted.

I'm starting to wonder if companies should invest in Operations Teams, rather than Media Relations people.

- "Bill? Bill is one of our best employees and does an amazing job. Holds the record for the 5th longest confirmed sniper kill, too."
- "Wow, that's a pretty impressive for your head of security."
- "Security? Nah, Bill runs the PR department. We haven't had to deal with a journalist in years!"

On a more serious note, Milo & his lawyers are going to have a field day. There's already economic damage that can be shown.

Blogger Matrick June 29, 2018 6:23 AM  

You are absolutely right, of course, when you say to ignore all requests by the media for comment. However, I can see how Milo's stock response could have been used against him in these circumstances (even though I totally agree with what he said).

Blogger Pierre Truc June 29, 2018 6:28 AM  

> They are desperate for content and they are desperate for comments.

In fact they are desperate for materials to use building on their already-written narrative.

Viewing whatever you say or do as a "comment" or an "interview" is the natural thing to do if you are honest, but it is this misunderstanding that primes the con job. It isn't an interview. You are simply giving them new material that they will use as they see fit, for their own agenda. Anything you say or do will be held against you.

In fact, the media's behavior is quite similar to a psycho bitch ex-girlfriend who's out for your blood, LOL.

Since it is impossible to predict in absolute detail what they will do now and in the future, anyone who talks to the media because they misunderstand it as an "interview" or who thinks they're more clever... is in fact giving them a stick to be beaten with... and no-one can foresee if what they say right now will become outrageous in the future...

Blogger Looking Glass June 29, 2018 6:28 AM  

@2 Mark Stoval

It's always about Control and preventing anyone from leaving the reservation. They'll hate anyone within their classification groups that isn't Hard Left. See the current US Ambassador to Germany. They'll attack them if they disagree on tax rates. They need utter conformity, and will enforce it by out-grouping extremely rapidly.

Almost like it's a standard SJW tactic. I think there's a couple of books on it.

Blogger Looking Glass June 29, 2018 6:35 AM  

Slight correct. Milo has already informed them of a pending lawsuit. It was the Daily Beast and one other publication. I'd recommend they start begging on their knees, because if Milo wins in court, this precedent is going to destroy the MSM.

Which is why they won't, they'll lose, and anyone that they try to bring a Hate Mob against will have precedent upon which to attack MSM companies. SJW Double Down into Self-Own.

What do you call suggesting the work of the author on who's blog you're commenting?

Blogger The Observer June 29, 2018 6:44 AM  

Related:

Bluecheka reporter tweets that newspaper shooter wore a MAGA hat to the shooting:

https://twitter.com/WiredSources/status/1012489680925884417

Blogger JACIII June 29, 2018 6:48 AM  

The cashless society advocates aren't doing themselves any favors trying to starve out their political opponents in the most public ways imaginable.

You'd think they would wait until there was no going back to cash before starting the purge…. Gotta love leftist overreach.

Blogger Rick June 29, 2018 6:50 AM  

Be your own media.

Blogger tublecane June 29, 2018 6:51 AM  

Why is it that Twitter can suspend my account for a week when I tweet the words: "Operation Wetback," but somehow this guy gets to carry out targeted harassment without getting banned?

Blogger het1 June 29, 2018 6:52 AM  

> Don't give them anything.

Give me five ‎strings, written by any man, and I will find the reason to ‎imprison him in Bastille (cardinal Richelieu)

Blogger Daniel Paul Grech Pereira June 29, 2018 6:55 AM  

I say again: Too bad he only got 5.

Blogger Longtime Lurker June 29, 2018 6:57 AM  

You have the right to remain controversial.

Anything you say can and will be used against you in the Court of Public Opinion.

If you cannot afford a public relations agent, tough shit.

Blogger Skyler the Weird June 29, 2018 7:09 AM  

Go home to Bangalore damn H1B Sepoy

Blogger tublecane June 29, 2018 7:12 AM  

@2- They hate Milo because he's effective.

Aside from the usual "never let a crisis go to waste" and the need for political scapegoats, I think the MSM might've been trying to counteract recent unfortunate news cycles with Mad Maxine Waters inciting harassment mobs and various women connected to Trump being hounded out of restaurants.

They don't even go for false equivalence. Remember when after countless black riots, thugs at Trump rallies, Antifa attacks, deplatforming on college campi, Charlottesville happened? (Because cops pushed "white nationalists" into lefty shock troops.) It wasn't: "See, they're as violent as us!" No, it was they're way, way worse.

Maxine merely called for harassment. Milo (they say) called for MURDER! It's pathetic, but if the real story gets out, the Narrative will have already done its job.

Blogger tublecane June 29, 2018 7:24 AM  

@17- What, and deprive him of his social circules?

Blogger Doktor Jeep June 29, 2018 7:24 AM  

Funny. Roosh did a fictional story once of a guy taking revenge on a "new media" type for having his life ruined.

Since the leftists in the media have no problem telling us that words have consequences. ...

Blogger bob kek mando - ( "an entirely disconnected spew of word vomit" ) June 29, 2018 7:30 AM  

hey Vox, i've been stalking to Joe Rohan and i think we've come up with a fiendishly clever plan that every reporter will fall for.

call me and i'll give you the deets.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan June 29, 2018 7:56 AM  

Media is a joke. To think decades of my life spent watching "conservatives" dance like monkeys in some fashion so they could be interviewed, and then would sell their mothers for the chance at a "smart badge" from the media.

Blogger Al June 29, 2018 7:59 AM  

90% of the media should be publicly executed. This includes not only those of the "news" media, but also the "entertainment" media. These communist propaganda outlets have polluted our minds and souls almost to the point of no return. They must be stopped.

Blogger tublecane June 29, 2018 8:02 AM  

OT:

In Suicide News, I hear the wife of the Alabama AG offed herself. I don't know anything about the guy, except that he's up for re-election. She looks attractive enough .They say she had mental health problems, but I get no details except that she was a pill-popper.

White Death claims another victim, or is someone keeping hubby in line?

Blogger Avalanche June 29, 2018 8:13 AM  

@2 "Why does the left seem to HATE gay people if they turn out to be right-wingers? Why the HATE directed towards Milo?"

Because the non-aligned {group members} are "betrayers" (in the left's sewage-filled alleged-minds). NO gay is 'allowed' to have any opinion other than the one the Lefties assigns to gays. No black is, no mexican is, no pol is. Your group identity DEFINES what you are 'allowed' to believe, say, and support.

Blogger cyrus83 June 29, 2018 8:22 AM  

Can't argue, the best defense is total silence. The media will move to making up conversations and comments that never happened or that they "heard" from an "anonymous source" in the face of silence to attack their opponents, but hopefully they will be taken to the cleaners by the lawyers when they do.

Blogger insight June 29, 2018 8:47 AM  

"Anything you say or do will be held against you..."


Sounds like the press is trying to act like the police and is using Miranda rights.

Blogger Dr. J June 29, 2018 8:52 AM  

Is it just me, or is the public sympathy response to this shooting one big shoulder shrug?

Hey media - no one cares when you some wingnut guns you down. Enjoy that bed you made yourselves.

Blogger Al June 29, 2018 9:01 AM  

Dr. J, it certainly doesn't break my heart when media scum receive the just wages of their perfidy.

By the way, has anyone noticed how, after a shooting the ensuing press conference with the cops becomes an orgy of self-congratulation? During the press conferences yesterday, I wanted at least one media scumbag to yell out this: "Stop congratulating yourselves!"

Blogger Michael Maier June 29, 2018 9:07 AM  

Dr. J wrote:Is it just me, or is the public sympathy response to this shooting one big shoulder shrug?

Hey media - no one cares when you some wingnut guns you down. Enjoy that bed you made yourselves.


That's cold... and probably on target (sic).

Blogger pdwalker June 29, 2018 9:09 AM  

The shooter sounds like a class 1 gamma.

Blogger Garuna June 29, 2018 9:20 AM  

That didn't stop Paypal and Venmo from shutting down Milo's accounts with them, thereby proving that you shouldn't EVER talk to the media at all

This is just sad. Milo had the potential to be the biggest star in the world. And now it looks like he'll only be remembered as a cautionary tale. He's been too careless.

Blogger Colin Flaherty's baby momma June 29, 2018 9:24 AM  

Would it be wrong for Milo to make that comment publicly to a friend?

He should have worded it better, such as "the Lying Press' disinformation and propaganda have hurt countless innocent people and severely harmed our country. If the MSM continue their antagonistic lies and deception, they can only blame themselves when the American People rise up to serve them justice, by any means necessary. We won't have any sympathy for them suffering the consequences of their own words and treachery."

They incite/hire mobs of scum to attack us.
Crazies, losers, etc. should be used as cannon fodder to strike terror into their hearts.

Blogger Cloom Glue June 29, 2018 9:29 AM  

The Observer and Daily Beast have another hot tip, this time of Jerrod's accomplice. Photo taken during happier times, apparently:
http://i67.tinypic.com/szzdqa.png

Photo taken during happier times.

Blogger Nate June 29, 2018 9:30 AM  

" Stefan Molyneux had the right policy all along."

when one finds himself in disagreement with Stefan... its time to pause and think. Stefan is not right about everything. He's wrong about some of the most important things there are. but his intellectual integrity is such that it should give just about anyone pause.


Blogger dvdivx June 29, 2018 9:34 AM  

I love how the shooter is white when one look at his father would reveal he's not. White is both parents being white not a mudshark mother + sh*tskin.

Blogger Wynn Lloyd June 29, 2018 9:36 AM  

He will bounce back easily.

Blogger Wynn Lloyd June 29, 2018 9:38 AM  

He is a mulatto? Didn't know that. Seems like it would be too hard to make a mulatto white, but then again Zimmerman was a "white hispanic."

Blogger Mocheirge June 29, 2018 10:02 AM  

Workplace shootings are part and parcel of working in a modern media organization. It's sad, but journalists will just have to get used to it.

Blogger VD June 29, 2018 10:26 AM  

That was good, Mocheirge. Definitely meme-worthy. Refresh the post....

Blogger Howard Stone June 29, 2018 10:41 AM  

They aren’t journalists; they’re political activists.

Blogger Dangeresque June 29, 2018 11:15 AM  

Funny the similarity in behavior between the shooter stalking and harassing someone online, and the reporters stalking and harassing Milo for comment...

Blogger #6277 Hammer June 29, 2018 11:36 AM  

"It was the culmination of a nutjob's seven-year vendetta against the people at the paper who had publicly humiliated him in 2011"

Free speech has consequences.

Blogger Jack Amok June 29, 2018 11:58 AM  

Is it just me, or is the public sympathy response to this shooting one big shoulder shrug?

We have posters up at my office saying "if you see this man, call the police" with a picture of a sad-sack omega and his car. We make video games. Dude started showing up ranting at the receptionist because he didn't like the changes in a recent game update.

We changed a game and he was ready to go postal. I'm supposed to care about people who get paid to gossip about others pissing off the people they gossip about? I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often with the number of nutjobs there are walking around and the lack of common sense or decency among journalists.

Blogger VFM #7634 June 29, 2018 12:03 PM  

"Why is it that Twitter can suspend my account for a week when I tweet the words: "Operation Wetback," but somehow this guy gets to carry out targeted harassment without getting banned?"

Maybe because the Gamma SJWs modding Twatter recognized him as one of their own. Professional courtesy.

Blogger lowercaseb June 29, 2018 12:16 PM  

Jack Amok wrote:We changed a game and he was ready to go postal.

...and if he did go postal, you can be sure that the big media would find a way to blame it on Milo.

Blogger Zeroh Tollrants June 29, 2018 12:21 PM  

She was on a feeding tube, and had huge blisters break out on her feet within days of killing herself.
She had all kinds of weird & whacky health issues, severe migraines for years, depressive bouts, etc., it wasn't just the script issues.

Blogger Pierre Truc June 29, 2018 1:34 PM  

Mark Stoval wrote:Why does the left seem to HATE gay people if they turn out to be right-wingers?

Simple!

Picture the kind of guy that thinks a planned socialist economy is a good idea. Just try to picture how the hell one can think this. We know a planned economy doesn't work (unless maybe the planner is an omniscient supercomputer which can see into the future... ie, God).

But these guys still think a planned socialist economy is awesome. So, logically, either they are retarded, or they reach this conclusion because they see something in a completely different way from us.

That something is social classes. Shitlibs are basically playing Starcraft, and in their mind each unit from each social class behaves in an absolutely predictable manner, which also, conveniently, is how the commie thinks his units will behave. When his gay unit doesn't behave as he expects, the shitlib throws a fit.

Shitlibs are narcissists. To them, people aren't real people, rather they are tools. In their worldview, their words reshape truth (as far as truth exists, see: postmodernism). The real world doesn't exist for a narcissist, their only "reality" is the delusion bubble and false self they create to hide their true self (aka, loser self). Think gammas. A shitlib will think "these poor oppressed blacks will never make it without my help! I'm so important to the world! Me, me, me, me, me!!!"

Any black/gay/minority who succeeds just fine without their help, or who disagrees, becomes a malfunctioning tool... it pops their delusion bubble, and... REEEEEEE...

Blogger Were-Puppy June 29, 2018 5:30 PM  

I take the VD concept of not talking to the media the same as not apologizing to an SJW.

It's an admission of guilt, in their eyes. No matter how they will twist it to get there.

Blogger tz June 29, 2018 5:37 PM  

It is not that Milo isn't gagged, only that his spouse is supposed to do it.

Blogger Cloom Glue June 29, 2018 6:36 PM  

Speaking of admission of guilt, here is a SJW apology. Reuters apologized for this:

“This is what happens when @realDonaldTrump calls journalists the enemy of the people. Blood is on your hands, Mr. President. Save your thoughts and prayers for your empty soul,” Cox wrote in the deleted tweet, according to TheWrap.

Cox apologized in a series of four tweets once it became clear that Ramos’ motive predated Trump entering the world of politics.


http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/06/29/reuters-editor-apologizes-could-be-disciplined-after-blaming-capital-gazette-shooting-on-trump.html

Blogger udaman July 01, 2018 11:05 AM  

They are all safe from being shot because there are no more journalists. Milo's statement was a moot point to start with.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts