ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Monday, July 09, 2018

Borixit for Brexit!

Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson has resigned. That should be sufficient to eject Teresa the Traitor from the Prime Ministership.
Et tu Boris? Johnson QUITS in devastating blow for May as she faces furious Tory MPs in the Commons over her 'stinker' Brexit trade plan - and more ministers could follow him out of the door.

Theresa May is in a desperate battle for her political life today after Boris Johnson dramatically quit over her 'third way' Brexit plan.

The Foreign Secretary resigned just minutes before the PM took to her feet the Commons in a statement to MPs about the compromise package she forced through the Cabinet on Friday night.

Mrs May tried to put a brave face on the shattering blow this afternoon, paying tribute to Mr Johnson's commitment to 'Global Britain'. She mounted an impassioned defence of her blueprint, saying it was the 'Brexit in our national interest'.

But some Labour MPs jeered 'bye' and 'resign' as she stood up to address the chamber.

Mrs May must then endure the pressure cooker of a private meeting with Tory backbenchers later amid a massive backlash from Eurosceptics that is threatening to sweep her out of Downing Street.
First get rid of May. Then get rid of Merkel. Then Brexit, then Italexit, and it's adios EU. Nationalism INTENSIFIES!

I'd like to see Jacob Rees-Mogg as PM. I could be wrong, but he seems to be the smartest nationalist in the room.

Labels: ,

87 Comments:

Blogger Teleros July 09, 2018 11:07 AM  

I'd like to see Jacob Rees-Mogg as PM. I could be wrong, but he seems to be the smartest nationalist in the room.

He seems pretty popular too, and though he's ruled himself out of the last leadership race*, I think it's a case of never say never.

*It's very rare for an MP with no ministerial experience to become leader, let alone PM. My thinking has been that he'd back someone like Boris, get a junior ministerial role, and then in a few years when he's padded his Westminster CV enough go for the top job.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash July 09, 2018 11:09 AM  

I think Boris will be fine. He's a sleazy, lying, pandering politician, but at least he knows which side his bread is buttered on.

Blogger Steve July 09, 2018 11:19 AM  

Yes. Our trouble is comparable to the situation in the US since 2016. The people have spoken, but the legislature is dominated by cucks who've been desperately trying to ignore the electorate and return to business as usual. The media and deep state are thoroughly hostile to Brexit.

Unfortunately, where the US at least got a chief executive to try to push through the populist agenda, we've been stuck mostly with the same losers who campaigned against it.

Something like this current omnifuckup was always likely to happen, because the political, media and big business class are determined to stop Brexit.

I don't think May will be able to brazen it out though. She's deeply unpopular, a proven failure in every job she's ever done, and the minority Tory administration is facing wipeout at the next election, which could happen any time they lose the confidence of a portion of their own backbenchers and/or the Ulster Unionists.

The British Hillary Clinton had an opportunity to permanently end her party's divisions over Europe, keep Labour out of office for a generation, and go down in history as the PM who brought sovereignty home.

So naturally, she made a dog's arse of it.

Blogger Ledford Ledford July 09, 2018 11:27 AM  

Ledford Ledford wrote:The CSU splitting from the CDU would be huge. In my opinion, as big an earthquake as the Italian elections. Things are moving faster than I ever expected, I must admit. What's been exposed is a striking level of political incompetence among the globalists.

Another admission: I thought Trump would lose. I voted for him, went to bed, and prayed for the strength to endure a Hillary presidency. He won, you may have noticed. I've truly overestimated Moldbug's "Cathedral." Most of my friends and family are well to the left of me, so I have an excuse.

I'm demonstrably bad at predicting the political near future, but I see things accelerating. Maybe some sort of nationalist coup within the Tory Party?


I take full credit for this development. Getting better at predicting.

Blogger Peaceful Poster July 09, 2018 11:29 AM  

Jacob Rees-Mogg looks like he should be helping George Will with his bow tie.

But apparently one should not judge a book by its cover.

So I won't.

Blogger Peaceful Poster July 09, 2018 11:34 AM  

If Britain needs help from its allies to push back the invaders, are we gonna go?

I say we go.

It wouldn't be the first time.

Blogger pyrrhus July 09, 2018 11:39 AM  

Britain is the premier market for luxury goods from the EU...Therefore, the UK can dictate any terms it wants..German manufacturers, already reeling from Trump tariff talk, would be devastated if UK markets were closed...So just do it, no bargaining..This might be Boris Johnson's time, though Mogg would be better.

Blogger pyrrhus July 09, 2018 11:43 AM  

@6 Britain has to exit the EU before it deals with the invaders, as the EU is the enemy, so the barren traitoress bitch has to go first.

Blogger Red Bane July 09, 2018 11:47 AM  

Mogg is very weak on Islam. But, if can pull off Brexit, that is a giant step in the correct direction.

Blogger Steve July 09, 2018 11:51 AM  

Mogg is a NiceGuy. I like him, but there's a touch of the Ron Paul about him.

Boris is a snake. But a talented, charismatic one who is constantly misunderestimated by his enemies, and I reckon his calculating nature is aligned with the country's interests on Brexit.

Blogger seeingsights July 09, 2018 11:52 AM  

I read a zero hedge article that the EU might not accept May's deal. That might be a blessing in disguise for if the EU doesn't accept, then that the Brexit MPs could go "to heck with it then, it will be a no deal Brexit"
Jeez, why can't the Conservatives announce this:
1. No more accepting EU funds
2. No more giving the EU funds
3. On a certain date all EU laws and regulations are no longer binding.

Blogger Steve July 09, 2018 11:55 AM  

Jeez, why can't the Conservatives announce this:

Because their donors want globalism, unlimited cheap foreign labour, etc.

Sound familiar?

Blogger David July 09, 2018 12:01 PM  

Unfortunately all we can look forward to is a Conservative or a Labour government. Or (God help us) a Labour/Liberal pact.

Blogger seeingsights July 09, 2018 12:20 PM  

On a related note, the express.uk had a article that Trump is offering a no tariff trade deal to a post Brexit UK.
I think that is a slick move by the god emperor for that will boost the U.K. economically and further undermine the EU. Undermining the EU is good for the US and for the West for that matter.
A President Hillary Clinton would, on the other hand, support the EU as much as she can.
There must have been Divine Intervention in the past three years.

Blogger LP999-16 July 09, 2018 12:24 PM  

God help the EU, the Exit of the EU is here.

Just wait, the POTUS will eventually get into a talk with May and Merk, two women whom promote mahem to rape via immigration. Shame on the EU.

Great News: Just now live on Alex Jones's, SJWAL at Amazon was featured along with a portion of Vox's interview with Alex.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine July 09, 2018 12:25 PM  

"commitment to 'Global Britain'"

Kill it with fire.

Blogger Steb July 09, 2018 12:37 PM  

Mogg for Chancellor. He knows economics and he'd keep the PM on track without infighting.
The party wouldn't want him paired with Boris as PM because they're scared of being called the posh party but every opinion poll shows that the country couldn't care less about it.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash July 09, 2018 12:43 PM  

Admittedly, I don't know much about British politics, but I expected Broris to take the PM slot last time round. He seemed blindsided by May, and I think May was offered the PM job on the condition that she find a way to effectively scuttle Brexit.


"Broris" is a typo, but I like it.

Blogger Jonathon Davies July 09, 2018 12:44 PM  

The necessary 48 letters of no confidence have gone in to the 1922 Committee. Plus Trump visiting this weekend. Globalists on the run.

Blogger Steve July 09, 2018 12:48 PM  

I expected Broris to take the PM slot last time round. He seemed blindsided by May

He was stitched up by Michael Gove.

Blogger Jonathon Davies July 09, 2018 12:51 PM  

Who will meet Trump this weekend?

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother July 09, 2018 12:52 PM  

So that's means if she loses the vote, she's out?

Blogger Lazarus July 09, 2018 12:57 PM  

Isaac Ross of Jewish News Online is on board with having Jacob Rees-Mogg as Tory leader.

http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/why-im-backing-jacob-rees-mogg-as-next-tory-leader/

Blogger Azimus July 09, 2018 1:06 PM  

I honestly think they're hoping that by slow-walking everyone, enough people will forget about Brexit/die. This is the strategem of an 8yr old.

Blogger The Surly Beaver July 09, 2018 1:29 PM  

A No Deal Brexit will crash the economy - badly. The Tories will be history and we'll be stuck with Prime Minister Corby who will knock yet another 10% or so off the GDP.

Blogger Cataline Sergius July 09, 2018 1:31 PM  

Stg58/Animal Mother wrote:So that's means if she loses the vote, she's out?

She's already out.

That one is all over except for the crying.

Blogger Gen. Kong July 09, 2018 2:04 PM  

seeingsights wrote:
Jeez, why can't the Conservatives announce this:

1. No more accepting EU funds

2. No more giving the EU funds

3. On a certain date all EU laws and regulations are no longer binding.


Because (((The City of London))) - the actual rulers there - do not approve. May is their low-rent housemaid, so the latest antics in the Cuck Island Kabuki Theatre regarding Brexit are entirely predictable. While the idiocracy there celebrate their niggaball victory, the pedo-gangs continue to operate with the full backing of the badge-gang goondas while Robinson rots in jail. The zeks will not be voting their way out of this, given the real-life rendition of Idiocracy seen in their 'election' of the Mayor of Sheffield.

Blogger James Dixon July 09, 2018 2:21 PM  

> A No Deal Brexit will crash the economy - badly.

I must remind people that the same thing was said about the actual Brexit vote. Funny that it doesn't seem to have worked out that way.

Blogger Dirk Manly July 09, 2018 2:27 PM  

@13
"Unfortunately all we can look forward to is a Conservative or a Labour government. Or (God help us) a Labour/Liberal pact."

You don't see UKIP taking a significant number of seats?

Blogger Resident Moron™ July 09, 2018 2:45 PM  

This is exactly the cleft stick the quisling May set up for any parliamentarians who want Britain out of the EU because that's what the people voted for.

Either support her Brexit-without-exit or bring down her government and suffer 5 years of Labor destroying what's left of Britain.

The right thing to do, of course, is to bring her down.

Blogger MendoScot July 09, 2018 3:06 PM  

Boris the spider ... creepy crawly creepy crawly ...

Still better than the traitor Sharia May.

Blogger The Surly Beaver July 09, 2018 4:10 PM  

Of course the Brexit vote wouldn't damage the economy - nothing material changed from one day to the next. That's not the case if Britain crashed out of the EU without an agreement. Britain spent 40 years integrating into the EU during which a lot of its institutions of government have atrophied or disappeared. It can't simply extricate itself overnight and expect things to carry on as usual despite what the ultra Brexiteers believe. I'd suggest you inform yourself on some of the potential issues. Www.eureferendum.com is a good place to start.

Blogger The Surly Beaver July 09, 2018 4:11 PM  

Of course the Brexit vote wouldn't damage the economy - nothing material changed from one day to the next. That's not the case if Britain crashed out of the EU without an agreement. Britain spent 40 years integrating into the EU during which a lot of its institutions of government have atrophied or disappeared. It can't simply extricate itself overnight and expect things to carry on as usual despite what the ultra Brexiteers believe. I'd suggest you inform yourself on some of the potential issues. Www.eureferendum.com is a good place to start.

Blogger Lance E July 09, 2018 4:25 PM  

> the same thing was said about the actual Brexit vote.

And also that Trump would crash the stock market, Bitcoin would be worth zero by now, tariffs would kick off an intergalactic trade war, the USA would never again be able to achieve >3% growth, and millions of African migrants could easily be accommodated with housing and education.

It's almost as if our top economists know nothing at all about economics, and their predictions are a combination of wishful thinking and throwing darts at a board.

Blogger James Dixon July 09, 2018 5:19 PM  

> Of course the Brexit vote wouldn't damage the economy - nothing material changed from one day to the next.

That wasn't what the press was saying. Nor the economists interviewed by same.

> That's not the case if Britain crashed out of the EU without an agreement.

Correct. Thousands (probably tens of thousands) or nitpicking laws pushed on Britain by the EU would simply disappear overnight. For the likely result see what happened when Trump repealed equivalent legislation here.

> I'd suggest you inform yourself on some of the potential issues.

Even if I were British, which I'm not, I don't have time to listen to the nanny state griping about how essential their rules and regulations are to human survival.

Blogger James Jones July 09, 2018 6:05 PM  

I would take a short term hit to regain our sovereignty and be out of this nasty dictatorship. UK leads the world in nanotech and AI research. We can survive. And the EU will come begging when German manufacturing takes a huge hit.

Blogger John Best July 09, 2018 6:06 PM  

David Davis will be the next PM, he is the most experienced and smartest. He ran against Cameron in 2005 for leadership of the Conservatives, remember this is a party maneuver, so who ever within the party holds the most influence wins. The globalists have been playing for time to limit the damage of Brexit and trying to maintain the globalist system, but now they have vested all the Brexit power in the Crown, if the pro-Brexit MP's within the Conservatives can take power now, they have a clear path to Brexit. The remainers will be purged from the party. This also massive strengthens the DUP.

Blogger James Jones July 09, 2018 6:07 PM  

UKIP is a mess. But it would see a resurgence if we don't get a real Brexit.

Blogger James Jones July 09, 2018 6:08 PM  

Spot on.

Blogger ant becker July 09, 2018 6:14 PM  

They've bottled it.

Blogger The Surly Beaver July 09, 2018 6:14 PM  

Why would you believe the press? I don't.

As for those thousands of nitpicking laws and regulations, do you mean like those relating to aircraft safety for example and all the international agreements that allow different countries to recognise each other's airworthiness certifications and permit airlines to fly to and land in other countries. Because Britain is no longer a signatory to those agreements in its own rights meaning that if it crashes out of the EU, Rolls Royce jet engine components won't have the correct certifications and British airlines aren't won't have permission to land in New York or Rome, and Canadian and German airlines may not be able to land at Heathrow. You mean all those nitpicking regulations that keep a really modern industry humming along safely and smoothly? Multiply that by every heavily EU integrated sector and the economy grinds to halt.

Blogger The Kurgan July 09, 2018 6:29 PM  

Absolute nonsense.

Blogger The Surly Beaver July 09, 2018 6:30 PM  

No, they've been trying to have their cake and eat it too. They want to be outside the common market but to have full "access" to it on the same terms as they have now as an EU member. And they've loudly discounted the only viable option which is rejoining EFTA and remaining within the EEA which keeps them in the Common Market but out of the political construct of the EU which would mean they could jettison about 75% of EU regulations but maintain their trading relationship.

Instead they're trying to stand completely outside the EU but keep everything exactly as it is now which is like leaving your golf club but demanding that you continue to have all the privileges of membership.

The problem is they're running out of time and they have no way of squaring this circle because what they want, the EU is unable to agree at all for obvious reasons.

Blogger The Surly Beaver July 09, 2018 6:31 PM  

No, they've been trying to have their cake and eat it too. They want to be outside the common market but to have full "access" to it on the same terms as they have now as an EU member. And they've loudly discounted the only viable option which is rejoining EFTA and remaining within the EEA which keeps them in the Common Market but out of the political construct of the EU which would mean they could jettison about 75% of EU regulations but maintain their trading relationship.

Instead they're trying to stand completely outside the EU but keep everything exactly as it is now which is like leaving your golf club but demanding that you continue to have all the privileges of membership.

The problem is they're running out of time and they have no way of squaring this circle because what they want, the EU is unable to agree at all for obvious reasons.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash July 09, 2018 6:38 PM  

The Surly Beaver wrote:Because Britain is no longer a signatory to those agreements in its own rights meaning that if it crashes out of the EU, Rolls Royce jet engine components won't have the correct certifications and British airlines aren't won't have permission to land in New York or Rome, and Canadian and German airlines may not be able to land at Heathrow. You mean all those nitpicking regulations that keep a really modern industry humming along safely and smoothly? Multiply that by every heavily EU integrated sector and the economy grinds to halt.
Utter bullshit. Not gonna happen.

Blogger Lance E July 09, 2018 6:53 PM  

>Because Britain is no longer a signatory to those agreements in its own rights meaning that if it crashes out of the EU, Rolls Royce jet engine components won't have the correct certifications and British airlines aren't won't have permission to land in New York or Rome, and Canadian and German airlines may not be able to land at Heathrow.

That's idiotic. America and Saudi Arabia aren't part of the EU either, but they can still land planes in European airports. You don't understand how trade and tourism work.

Blogger VFM #7634 July 09, 2018 7:32 PM  

I'm rather pessimistic that any new PM will be better than Tessie Mae. The British setup is the equivalent of giving the GOPe cucks in Congress the power to nominate the GOP presidential candidate. We wouldn't have gotten Trump in a million years that way... just another loser like !Jeb!

Blogger VFM #7634 July 09, 2018 7:35 PM  

I don't think a real negotiator who's actually trying to make Brexit work would balk at joining EFTA, and making a deal with Trump too.

Blogger Emmett Fitz-Hume July 09, 2018 7:41 PM  

So, basically, if Brexit happens The Sky Will Fall? Or at least the planes will?

Good to know.

Blogger MendoScot July 09, 2018 7:43 PM  

Boris the Spider.

Of course, see what the internal discussion is.

They are all cunts.

Blogger James Dixon July 09, 2018 8:00 PM  

> As for those thousands of nitpicking laws and regulations, do you mean like those relating to aircraft safety for example and all the international agreements that allow different countries to recognise each other's airworthiness certifications and permit airlines to fly to and land in other countries.

You mean Britain never had any aircraft safety rules or aircraft agreements of their own? How do you suppose British Airways managed to survive all of those years?

> and British airlines aren't won't have permission to land in New York or Rome

Do I really have to point out that New York isn't in the EU and Rome may not be much longer?

> You mean all those nitpicking regulations that keep a really modern industry humming along safely and smoothly?

And they never had a modern industry either? Will wonders never cease?

> Multiply that by every heavily EU integrated sector and the economy grinds to halt.

Total and complete BS.

And repeating your statements three times doesn't make them more true.

As for the EU not agreeing to any terms, things will get interesting for them when they find themselves locked out of the London financial markets.

Blogger Reasonably Honest July 09, 2018 8:38 PM  

Mogg has repeatedly denounced Enoch Powell, although it's obvious that Powell was correct about the UK and immigration among a bunch of other things. Dude was smart as can be seen in his writings and interviews.

He's better than most but still a weak sister.

Blogger Desillusionerad July 09, 2018 10:31 PM  

I'm sorry to say but you are completely wrong.
The UK has been in the eu for 40 years, just out of curiosity, how much of the regulatory framework do you think is still functional?
As for landing rights in NY - who do you think decides who has landing rights there?
It's the FAA, and they let eu aircraft land there because they have a negotiated agreement with the eu, over things like safety regulations. So when a british aircraft wants to land in NY it can do so because it's regulated by the EASA, and the FAA recognises the EASA.
After brexit, British aircraft will no longer be covered by any EASA agreement, because it will no longer be in the EASA - and thus it will not be allowed to land in NY.
Now you might say but the FAA can cut a deal with the uk and solve that, yeah just one small problem, the CAA (uk FAA) doesn't have the capability to oversee and manage the necesary things, because that's the EASA's job currently.
The current head of the CAA said it would take about 10 years to replicate the EASA functions.
Before then, the CAA is not and will not be in a position to give the necesary assurances to other cuntries regulatory agencies that a british aircraft is safe, or British made parts are safe, or British engineers and repair crews aren't mouth breathing retards. And just to stave off the likely retort, just trusting the uk isn't going to a valid answer.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash July 09, 2018 11:27 PM  

Desillusionerad wrote:After brexit, British aircraft will no longer be covered by any EASA agreement, because it will no longer be in the EASA - and thus it will not be allowed to land in NY.
This is what is known as a lie. This simply will not occur. It's utter bullshit, and the fact that you think that's how the real world works demonstrates that you're a fucking moron.

Blogger Jack Amok July 10, 2018 12:58 AM  

Because Britain is no longer a signatory to those agreements in its own rights meaning that if it crashes out of the EU, Rolls Royce jet engine components won't have the correct certifications and British airlines aren't won't have permission to land in New York or Rome

You're a moron. The planes and engines would continue to have the certifications they were granted while Britain was a signatory to those agreements, since the effin'hymering planes are aircraft.

Of course globohomos would try to make the claim you just made, but reasonable people would throw them out the nearest window.

Blogger Jack Amok July 10, 2018 1:00 AM  

'Cause everyone remembers, right, that when German reunification happened, all the old '79's BMWs on the road in the US were immediately illegal since their safety certificates were granted to a West German car maker, not a German one.

Blogger Shimshon July 10, 2018 4:05 AM  

@56 Jack, what are you talking about? Of course that happened! #MandelaEffect

Blogger Desillusionerad July 10, 2018 6:09 AM  

This is what is known as a lie. This simply will not occur. It's utter bullshit, and the fact that you think that's how the real world works demonstrates that you're a fucking moron.

But it's true, And absent a deal, it is what would occur.
And it is how the world functions - Or do you think Wakanda airways can self certify that it's aircraft, aircrews, and airports are 100% safe and everyone should just trust them?
Do you know how fucking complicated the Air-Regulatory regime is?
Why should the FAA let aircraft it can't guarantee are safe operate in US airspace?
It shouldn't - Or is that your stance, that the FAA shouldn't care that UK aircraft, Aircrews, Aerospace isn't properly regulated?
I really don't get people who simultaneously think the EU is a sovereignty hogging machine, but it's totally simple to leave it - If leaving the EU was as simple leaving the UN, Why would you need to leave?

Blogger Desillusionerad July 10, 2018 6:13 AM  

You're a moron. The planes and engines would continue to have the certifications they were granted while Britain was a signatory to those agreements, since the effin'hymering planes are aircraft.

Of course globohomos would try to make the claim you just made, but reasonable people would throw them out the nearest window

This is partially true, but mostly not, because an Aircraft is continuously maintained and the regulation is dynamic, that is to say, it needs to be kept up to date with the regulations, not just meet it at the point of production.
What you are saying is mostly true for say a Car, but it isn't for Aircraft.

Blogger Desillusionerad July 10, 2018 6:15 AM  

Jack Amok wrote:'Cause everyone remembers, right, that when German reunification happened, all the old '79's BMWs on the road in the US were immediately illegal since their safety certificates were granted to a West German car maker, not a German one.

Well see the problem with this is that legally speaking, the East German republic ceases to be a country, the West German republic annexed it's territory, and then renamed itself, so West Germany did not become a different country, it gave itself a different name.

Blogger Bill Halsey July 10, 2018 7:08 AM  

Something that certainly needs to be addressed, but not the sky-is-falling scenario suggested: http://www.mro-network.com/maintenance-repair-overhaul/faa-prepared-oversee-its-uk-mros-post-brexit-if-needed

Blogger Desillusionerad July 10, 2018 7:32 AM  

Bill Halsey wrote:Something that certainly needs to be addressed, but not the sky-is-falling scenario suggested: http://www.mro-network.com/maintenance-repair-overhaul/faa-prepared-oversee-its-uk-mros-post-brexit-if-needed

Sure - I just fail to see how that is an improvement upon the current situation, given that in the EU the UK has a voice, in the US it doesn't.
If your problem is outsourcing sovereignty, who you outsource it too really doesn't matter.

Blogger Dirk Manly July 10, 2018 10:33 AM  

@34
"It's almost as if our top economists know nothing at all about economics, and their predictions are a combination of wishful thinking and throwing darts at a board."

And spite... lots, and lots of spite.... for ignoring their dictates.

Blogger Andrew Pelham July 10, 2018 10:49 AM  

@34
Economics is the art of explaining tomorrow why the things we predicted to happen yesterday didn't occur today.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash July 10, 2018 10:50 AM  

Desillusionerad wrote:It shouldn't - Or is that your stance, that the FAA shouldn't care that UK aircraft, Aircrews, Aerospace isn't properly regulated?

I really don't get people who simultaneously think the EU is a sovereignty hogging machine, but it's totally simple to leave it - If leaving the EU was as simple leaving the UN, Why would you need to leave?

Because we all remember, when the Soviet Union collapsed, it took 10 years for Aeroflot to schedule flights outside of the former Soviet Union.


Give it up, that is not how it will work. the regulations are there to harass and lock out new players, not to ensure safety. The certification regulations CAN'T ensure safety, and are not intended to.

Blogger Desillusionerad July 10, 2018 11:09 AM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:Desillusionerad wrote:It shouldn't - Or is that your stance, that the FAA shouldn't care that UK aircraft, Aircrews, Aerospace isn't properly regulated?

I really don't get people who simultaneously think the EU is a sovereignty hogging machine, but it's totally simple to leave it - If leaving the EU was as simple leaving the UN, Why would you need to leave?


Because we all remember, when the Soviet Union collapsed, it took 10 years for Aeroflot to schedule flights outside of the former Soviet Union.

Give it up, that is not how it will work. the regulations are there to harass and lock out new players, not to ensure safety. The certification regulations CAN'T ensure safety, and are not intended to.



Okay, First, All the Babyflots had atrocious safety records after the fall, and did not fly Internationally, Aeroflot kept those as Aeroflot—Russian International Airlines.
Second, the Soviet Union regulated itself - The UK does not.
Third, No, the regulations are not there to harass and lock out new players, they are there to try to make aircraft safe.
Fourth, the certification regulations are there to improve safety, not to 'ensure' it.

Fifth - What do i need to link to demonstrate I'm right, and you are wrong?
the FAA opinion?
the EU notices to stakeholders?
the actual goddamn head of the CAA?
It's an actual real issue, that the UK's sudden departure from it's highly regulated environment into a 'Fresh' environment will cause significant issues.
It's not something dreamed up by re-moaners.
Do read EUReferendum.com - and before his negative outlook confuses you, the man's been trying to get the UK out of the EU for 20 years.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash July 10, 2018 11:43 AM  

Look you moron, of course the bureaucrats will whine and moan about the change.
Still they value their jobs, they know where their bread is buttered and they know that any significant interruption to international air traffic will result in them losing their fucking sinecures.

Therefore, significant disruption will not happen.

And the naïve faith in the regulatory process is charming, almost cute. Do you believe in the Aviation Fairy too?

Blogger Dirk Manly July 10, 2018 12:00 PM  

@58

"But it's true, And absent a deal, it is what would occur.
And it is how the world functions - Or do you think Wakanda airways can self certify that it's aircraft, aircrews, and airports are 100% safe and everyone should just trust them?"

You mean the same safety standards we trust already?

As for the UK then "not having any EASA" employees to blah blah blah.

Hey moron, do you think EASA regulators are imported from Brussels to run the UK's airspace for it?

Or does the UK supply their own, and after Brexit, those same people keep applying the same standards, but just under a new UK regulatory body, which signs onto THE SAME INTERNATIONAL AGREEMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS.

Those are TREATIES, and the don't need to be renegotiated, you idgit.

Blogger Dirk Manly July 10, 2018 12:06 PM  

@66

"Okay, First, All the Babyflots had atrocious safety records after the fall, and did not fly Internationally, Aeroflot kept those as Aeroflot—Russian International Airlines."

Bullshit.

I flew JFK-StPetersburg Pulkovo-2 and back no less than 3 times during those years.


No incidences. Fantastic service (frankly, although the Russians don't understand customer service at the retail level, they DO understand how to do it in air travel).

You see, you're an idiot, because you don't think that "grandfathering in" will be allowed for a reasonable period of time (say 30 days, or maybe even 24 months).

REGULATIONS don't keep planes flying -- PEOPLE do.

Blogger Desillusionerad July 10, 2018 12:12 PM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:Look you moron, of course the bureaucrats will whine and moan about the change.

Still they value their jobs, they know where their bread is buttered and they know that any significant interruption to international air traffic will result in them losing their fucking sinecures.

Therefore, significant disruption will not happen.

And the naïve faith in the regulatory process is charming, almost cute. Do you believe in the Aviation Fairy too?


Again, the argument isn't that this is unsolvable, the argument is that a crash out brexit is a really bad idea.
And you do get that sometimes the world sleepwalks into catastrophe?

Blogger Desillusionerad July 10, 2018 12:25 PM  

Dirk Manly wrote:@58

"But it's true, And absent a deal, it is what would occur.

And it is how the world functions - Or do you think Wakanda airways can self certify that it's aircraft, aircrews, and airports are 100% safe and everyone should just trust them?"

You mean the same safety standards we trust already?

As for the UK then "not having any EASA" employees to blah blah blah.

Hey moron, do you think EASA regulators are imported from Brussels to run the UK's airspace for it?

Or does the UK supply their own, and after Brexit, those same people keep applying the same standards, but just under a new UK regulatory body, which signs onto THE SAME INTERNATIONAL AGREEMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS.

Those are TREATIES, and the don't need to be renegotiated, you idgit.


But the standards won't be the same, because the CAA isn't in a position to oversee it.
The regulations themselves is only a part of it, it's enforcement is also important.
As for EASA employees, sure, there are probably people who are willing to 'switch' jobs, but Again, it's the HEAD OF THE CAA that said it would take 10 years.
"Dirk Manly wrote:Those are TREATIES, and the don't need to be renegotiated, you idgit."
Two three problems, A, the UK still needs a competent regulator, B, It also needs a new treaty for mutual landing rights (this is an economic thing, not regulatory) - The UK can negotiate one of those with the EU and the US, wheter it will get good ones is another question, see Open skies.
and C, I never said it wasn't solvable, i said that it was very stupid idea to crash out from the current regime without a new one in place.

Blogger Desillusionerad July 10, 2018 12:31 PM  

Dirk Manly wrote:Bullshit.

I flew JFK-StPetersburg Pulkovo-2 and back no less than 3 times during those years.


you flew 6 times, and feel that this is a sufficient number to opine on the safety record of all ex-soviet airlines?
Do i even need to explain how stupid this comment was?
Dirk Manly wrote:You see, you're an idiot, because you don't think that "grandfathering in" will be allowed for a reasonable period of time (say 30 days, or maybe even 24 months).
Yeah, because as everyone knows, bureaucrats love making shit up on the fly.

Dirk Manly wrote:REGULATIONS don't keep planes flying -- PEOPLE do.
Yeah totally - http://edition.cnn.com/TECH/space/9909/30/mars.metric.02/
People.

Blogger The Surly Beaver July 10, 2018 12:47 PM  

The US and Saudi have agreements with the EU that permit them to land at EU airports and vice versa. If the UK crashes out of the the EU with no agreement or transition period guess what - there'll be no such framework in place. Sure they'll be able to negotiate something to replace but that will take time. But bin the meantime...

Blogger The Surly Beaver July 10, 2018 12:52 PM  

Not Brexit per se, but a completely unplanned Brexit with no agreements /transition arrangements in place.

Blogger The Surly Beaver July 10, 2018 12:54 PM  

Everybody says that...until it does.

Blogger The Surly Beaver July 10, 2018 1:02 PM  

Grandfathering is possible in theory but there'd have to be an agreement to that effect.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash July 10, 2018 1:20 PM  

Desillusionerad wrote:Again, the argument isn't that this is unsolvable, the argument is that a crash out brexit is a really bad idea.

And you do get that sometimes the world sleepwalks into catastrophe?


And the argument doesn't make sense. Bureaucrats who are dependent on the EU, who are certainly remainers themselves, are going to predict disaster, because they don't want Brexit to happen. So the fuck what?

This idea that The FAA is going to interrupt British air traffic is simply laughable.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash July 10, 2018 1:23 PM  

You fucking Remainers have had two years to work out agreements, and instead you've been doing everything you possibly can to delay, deny, and destroy Brexit. Now you come crying "We're not prepared!"
Fuck you, you've had two fucking years to get your shit together. Deal with it.

Blogger Dirk Manly July 10, 2018 5:29 PM  



This bozo argues as if an aircraft maintenance sheet is suddenly going to become de facto invalid just because it is no longer required de jure.

No airline airline capable of flying international routes is going to shut down their maintenance because "we don't got no regs!!! hur durr!!!". The day that happens, every single seat booked on that airline will be cancelled.

What

A

MORON

Blogger Desillusionerad July 10, 2018 5:56 PM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:And the argument doesn't make sense. Bureaucrats who are dependent on the EU, who are certainly remainers themselves, are going to predict disaster, because they don't want Brexit to happen. So the fuck what?

The FAA, have EU dependent remoaner's employed? Everything isn't a conspiracy, some things are just complicated.

Snidely Whiplash wrote:This idea that The FAA is going to interrupt British air traffic is simply laughable.

You do get that the default state is that you aren't allowed to fly to the US? That's the default position, and the UK will move into the default position on everything everywhere basically.
So it's not that the FAA will disrupt UK Air traffic, it's that the framework enabling their necessary assistance, wont be there.

Snidely Whiplash wrote:You fucking Remainers have had two years to work out agreements, and instead you've been doing everything you possibly can to delay, deny, and destroy Brexit. Now you come crying "We're not prepared!"

Fuck you, you've had two fucking years to get your shit together. Deal with it


Again, I'm not a remainer, i'm not even British, and as i said, Dr north (Euref.com) is a committed leaver of 20 years.
Just as a helpful hint too, if the UK makes brexit a total unimaginable clusterfuck, the odds of anyone following the UK out the door goes to zero.
And the odds of the UK re-joining (on worse terms) goes up - do remember the referendum was won by 2%.

Blogger Desillusionerad July 10, 2018 5:59 PM  

Dirk Manly wrote:

This bozo argues as if an aircraft maintenance sheet is suddenly going to become de facto invalid just because it is no longer required de jure.

No airline airline capable of flying international routes is going to shut down their maintenance because "we don't got no regs!!! hur durr!!!". The day that happens, every single seat booked on that airline will be cancelled.

What

A

MORON


Wonder what their insurance company will think? - Insurance people are, Understanding,
Or not.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash July 10, 2018 7:37 PM  

Whaddaya know?
"We could get a deal right now if we wanted," said one UK cabinet source, adding that Britain was mainly holding on for extra concessions.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash July 10, 2018 7:44 PM  

See, the thing is, that decision requires someone to actually pull the trigger. And with over a hundred flights a day into and out of the Us between virgin and British Airways, and the several thousand passengers carried, nobody is going to pull that trigger. nobody is going to flush their career down the toilet to uphold paperwork restrictions, and if they try to do so, they will be over-ruled. Theoretically it could all the way up to PDJT. Do you think Trump would do something that bone-headed stupid?

"But that's what the rules say!" is arguably the stupidest response you could possibly have come up with.

Blogger Desillusionerad July 11, 2018 9:11 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Desillusionerad July 11, 2018 9:19 AM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:Whaddaya know?

"We could get a deal right now if we wanted," said one UK cabinet source, adding that Britain was mainly holding on for extra concessions.


A, That's landing rights, not an regulatory or safety issue, but an economic one.
B, This proves my point, you do get that right? it even says so in the article:
"Separately, Britain also needs to negotiate an "open skies" deal with the EU, which is critical for U.S. airlines as half of all Americans who fly to the UK travel on to the continent."

Snidely Whiplash wrote:See, the thing is, that decision requires someone to actually pull the trigger. And with over a hundred flights a day into and out of the Us between virgin and British Airways, and the several thousand passengers carried, nobody is going to pull that trigger. nobody is going to flush their career down the toilet to uphold paperwork restrictions, and if they try to do so, they will be over-ruled. Theoretically it could all the way up to PDJT. Do you think Trump would do something that bone-headed stupid?

"But that's what the rules say!" is arguably the stupidest response you could possibly have come up with.


No, it doesn't require anyone to pull the trigger, It just happens by itself.
Again, it's the FAA, that's saying this - And again, i'm not saying it's insurmountable, just that it needs resovling.
Also, helpful hint, UK airlines want to fly to other places than the United states, and since you might need the helpful reminder, DJT, isn't the president of the world, he is president of the US, again, not the world.

Blogger Dirk Manly July 11, 2018 3:36 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Dirk Manly July 11, 2018 3:40 PM  

"No, it doesn't require anyone to pull the trigger, It just happens by itself."



BA 1534: JFK, this is British Airways 1534. Request clearance to land.


JFK Tower: British Airways 1534, this is JFK. You are *NOT* cleared to land. Also BA 1534, be advised: You are not cleared to land anywhere in the U.S. Maybe you can try Canada. I don't know. I hear they're still negotiating your landing rights, too. IF that doesn't work, maybe Cuba. Or Jamaica. Aruba. Mexico. I know you're not a military aircraft, but... uh, do you have in-flight refueling capability? For your sake, I hope so. JFK tower out.

See, that's the stupidity you're implying will happen.

In fact, it won't happen ever.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts