ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2019 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Saturday, September 08, 2018

Sweden swerves toward sanity

The Swedish election is tomorrow and the mainstream is predicting the Sweden Democrats will win "20 to 25 per cent".
All of it is blamed — however unfairly — on immigrants in a country where 20 per cent of the population were born elsewhere. Now comes fresh data (unearthed last month by state TV) that rape is on the increase, that nearly 60 per cent of all convicted rapists since 2015 have been foreign-born and that 40 per cent had been in Sweden for less than a year.

It helps explain why the Sweden Democrats have gone so swiftly from the fringes to the political mainstream. Just three years ago, they were social outcasts. Now, they could be the largest single party when Sweden goes to the polls on Sunday while the centre-left Social Democrats, who lead the current coalition government, are on track for their worst result since before ABBA were born.

At the last election, they doubled their vote and won 49 of the 349 seats in parliament. In tomorrow’s election, they are expected to win 20 to 25 per cent and could well hold the balance of power in a fractious parliament where no one party will have control.

Dull, worthy, Swedish politics have suddenly got both alarming and interesting.

For they are following the same pattern which we have seen across Europe recently as anti-immigration parties wreak political havoc in Holland, France, Germany, Italy, Hungary, Austria, Poland and elsewhere.

Now it is happening in ultra-liberal Sweden, too, which has accepted more migrants per head of population than any EU nation — 250,000 since 2015.
My prediction this spring was 30+ percent. However, please keep in mind that percentage also includes the votes that go to Alternative for Sweden, who are preferable to the Sweden Democrats and whom I expect to surprise to the upside tomorrow.

Labels: , ,

50 Comments:

Blogger Nihil Dicit September 08, 2018 5:47 AM  

Half-Colombian, half-Gambian, Joel has lived in Sweden for 15 years, works at Foot Locker, speaks Swedish, pays his (hefty) taxes and is increasingly agitated.

‘Will you deport all Muslims?’ he shouts.


"Half-Colombian, half-Gambian" leaves no room for "Swedish", does it, Joel?

Anonymous Anonymous September 08, 2018 5:49 AM  

wreak political havoc” = decrease the leftward acceleration.

The media are scum.

Blogger #7139 September 08, 2018 5:58 AM  

My prediction this spring was 30+ percent.

I hope you are right.

Will you deport all Muslims?

No. Half the Muslims will be turned into fish food and fed to the cod in the North Atlantic.

Blogger Mark Stoval September 08, 2018 6:01 AM  

For the sake of the Swedish, Europe, and the US I hope and pray that the Swedish surprise us all and vote more right wing than we even suspect right now.

If ultra-left-wing Sweden can vote against the invaders, maybe even US conservatives can also.

Blogger Desillusionerad September 08, 2018 6:09 AM  

What's most ironic here is that SD isn't even right wing - absent their opposition to immigration they are a left wing party.
There are still polling scenarios that have them breaking 30% though unlikely.
Personally I hope for AFS - not because they would/could have influence but rather that if they make it in it might finally force the others to accept SD as a partner.

Blogger Daniel Hammarberg September 08, 2018 6:10 AM  

SD have sadly abandoned everything they've ever stood for. Alternativ för Sverige have however had a pretty impressive election campaign, with their finale in Stockholm yesterday. Really hoping they can get into parliament. Sadly, their voter sympathies are only listed under "other parties", since they're a new one, in spite of them being at least at the 4% barrier blocking small parties from entering parliament. If AfS get in, it'll be really interesting. If not, even with SD being that big, it'll still all be business as usual, like the preceding decades. I'll be sorely disappointed in SD voters too, if that ends up being the case - since their votes could have brought AfS in.

Blogger Duke Norfolk September 08, 2018 6:26 AM  

This video shows a little rally AfS did. The theme was remigration. These guys aren't pulling many punches. Watch it, you'll like it.

Alternative for Sweden

Blogger Phillip George September 08, 2018 6:34 AM  

it's the "anti immigration parties that wreak havoc"

the only thing standing in the way of paradise on earth is "anti immigration parties"

ban those and then perfection.

a pro immigrationist cannot accept responsibility for anything. They are incapable of it. It is collective narcissism. Corporate insanity.

Blogger VD September 08, 2018 6:54 AM  

SD have sadly abandoned everything they've ever stood for.

Then they will be replaced. This isn't that hard.

Blogger Unknown September 08, 2018 7:31 AM  

At this point, convincing the Swedish population to deport the invaders will be a far easier task then convincing them to abandon State Feminism and return to Christianity.

Blogger Red Bane September 08, 2018 7:44 AM  

Wow. Press F for Sweden. 20% foreign born is way way past the percentages associated with 'no return'. Only war can fix that situation now

Blogger Desillusionerad September 08, 2018 7:44 AM  

VD wrote:SD have sadly abandoned everything they've ever stood for.

Then they will be replaced. This isn't that hard.


SD isn't the problem - the willful and outright refusal of the other parties to negotiate with it is.
They have been trying their best to move towards them and try to convince them to see reason, but the other parties refuse.
it's the reason i care so little about the election, there wont be any difference if SD gets 10-15-25-30% of the votes because the other parties refuse to have anything to do with it.
I tried to send my message by voting M in county and 'state' elections and then flipping my top vote for AFS.
There are two things that this election could change, One, that it finally leads to the outbreak of the M (the main right wing party) civil war (it's internal coalition of liberal and conservative can't stand) or AFS enters the riksdag and it convinces the others to deal with SD - or it's another 4 lost years and next time SD and AFS gets a majority of it's own (or Sweden descends into civil war, sadly the more plausible scenario).

Blogger Red Bane September 08, 2018 7:54 AM  

@6 even with SD being that big, it'll still all be business as usual, like the preceding decades

Of course. We are way past the point of politics having any lasting or definitive impact on the current state of affairs. All the ingredients for necessary war and civilizational clashes are already in place.

Throw in the increasing tempo on the war drums with Russia and the future of Europe is looking very grim indeed.

Blogger Desillusionerad September 08, 2018 8:02 AM  

Red Bane wrote:Wow. Press F for Sweden. 20% foreign born is way way past the percentages associated with 'no return'. Only war can fix that situation now

It's not that bad yet - a non trivial part of the foreign born are Danes, Finns, and Norwegians, where no one cares, its basically an accident of history that 'Scandinavia' isn't a unified country. (apologies to the Finns, but Russia being Russia i doubt there would have been an independence movement).
Then there are the Baltic refugees (Weirdly no Estonian ghettos as far as i can see...) then there a relatively significant south american diaspora also not really a problem.
There is also a bunch of Iranians (who arguably shouldn't have been given asylum since lots of them are former Sha supporters, but i would trade every single Sunni for Iranian Shias in a heartbeat).
Then there are the balkan refugees - Most of whom went home after the war(s) were over, most of whom integrated fine, and most of whom no one thinks are a problem.
If our problems stayed on this level, oh god, that would be nice.
No our problem are the Menaites that mostly came in the last decade(s)
Basically from 1991 (strangely that's how long less immigration has polled better than more immigration, weird that).

Blogger Unknown September 08, 2018 8:10 AM  

All of it is blamed — however unfairly
...
Now comes fresh data (unearthed last month by state TV) that rape is on the increase, that nearly 60 per cent of all convicted rapists since 2015 have been foreign-born and that 40 per cent had been in Sweden for less than a year.



what a bunch of blithering morons. which is what happens to your brain when you believe in Marxism.

Saint Breivik showed us the way;
kill all of your International Socialists and expel all of your invaders.

then we can dig up Marx and throw him in an oven.

Blogger Nostromo September 08, 2018 8:12 AM  

You're trying way too hard. If you're gonna have cut outs for this group, or that group, you've already lost.

Blogger LZ September 08, 2018 8:19 AM  

Nothing changes? I see SD support rising steadily. If AfS catches fire, there is one or two elections until SD-AfS coalition rules Sweden. This is a process and as you say, the establishment parties aren't changing. As much as the stars are aligned for SD right now, the public is far from peak dissatisfaction.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan September 08, 2018 8:20 AM  

This all sounds like conservative stoogery where the conman stands there and is berated for entertainment while he tries to explain some tedious details.

Sure is strange all the smarties talking about 4th Gen warfare this and that and still not actively trying to delegitimize the Left. Sure the Left is doing a bang up job of sounding like crazies but if you stooge for them their rickety coalition sputters on and on.

Blogger cloom September 08, 2018 8:22 AM  

@14 I think you are wrong about the groups you think integrated and are "not a problem" in that they all vote for the immigration of the new wave that you do not want.

Blogger VD September 08, 2018 8:25 AM  

I think you are wrong about the groups you think integrated and are "not a problem" in that they all vote for the immigration of the new wave that you do not want.

(nods) You cannot trust even the most-integrated groups, not even for three generations. Possibly not even five.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan September 08, 2018 8:30 AM  

"Five" is proof that VD is a liberal plant, good lord I lived in the Chicago area my whole life and listened to every damn dipshit moan and groan about how wonderful his or her people and countries were, even the asshole Norewegians.

Blogger thechortling September 08, 2018 8:32 AM  

"Half-Colombian, half-Gambian" leaves no room for "Swedish", does it, Joel?

none so blind as those who "righteously" refuse to see.

there's a difference between humanist utopias and actual... righteousness...

globalists have corrupted the gospel to their ends and the native populations as well as the invaders have gobbled it up.

Blogger Desillusionerad September 08, 2018 8:53 AM  

Cloom Glue wrote:@14 I think you are wrong about the groups you think integrated and are "not a problem" in that they all vote for the immigration of the new wave that you do not want.

But that's not true - The Baltic immigrants have a tendency to vote right wing (understandable given that they fled the soviets)
And it's important to note that - NO ONE - voted for the immigration, it's just what our politicians decided to do out of the goodness of their hearts. Really the problem began with the EU - not in the way you think - Because all of Europe was in the way for all asylum seekers Sweden had a very generous immigration policy, it was just that no one could make it here, how convenient...
But once we joined Schengen (and the eastern bloc fell) suddenly there was an easy way to get to Sweden, with our extremely generous welfare state and immigration policy.

Blogger Unknown September 08, 2018 9:21 AM  

Don't forget to gas Marx first. He missed that by a few decades.

Blogger cloom September 08, 2018 9:42 AM  

@23 It is not important to note that no one voted for the immigration because now is the decision to end it or reverse it. So test these immigrant Baltic right-wingers and any other immigrants who sound right-wing and see what they say about Alternative for Sweden sending home immigrants.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd September 08, 2018 10:03 AM  

Cloom Glue wrote:@14 I think you are wrong about the groups you think integrated and are "not a problem" in that they all vote for the immigration of the new wave that you do not want.

If you can recognize them as a group, they have not integrated.

Blogger Desillusionerad September 08, 2018 10:11 AM  

Sure - my grandfather was Estonian, fled here (to avoid the communists, not the nazis) I voted AFS.

Blogger Dirk Manly September 08, 2018 10:18 AM  

#3

"Will you deport all Muslims?

No. Half the Muslims will be turned into fish food and fed to the cod in the North Atlantic."


And contaminate the fishing stock???

Ewwwwwwwwww.

Blogger CYGNUS FACETIOUS September 08, 2018 10:29 AM  

Reduce. Remove. Repatriate
or
Rape. Rob. Remunerate.

Blogger Skylark Thibedeau September 08, 2018 10:44 AM  

If Sweden needs immigrants to clean toilet s and such there are a lot of oppressed Black Lives Matter types over here they can take in. TeplacR Kabob Shops with Soul Food.

Blogger Starboard September 08, 2018 10:50 AM  

1. Nihil Dicit September 08, 2018 5:47 AM
Half-Colombian, half-Gambian, Joel has lived in Sweden for 15 years, works at Foot Locker, speaks Swedish, pays his (hefty) taxes and is increasingly agitated.

‘Will you deport all Muslims?’ he shouts.

"Half-Colombian, half-Gambian" leaves no room for "Swedish", does it, Joel?

"Xe's not half Columbian and half Gambian. That sounds like the world's worst centaur. Xe's Columbian and Gambian,and xe's Sweedish. All three fully, and all three simultaneously. Three hundred percent." -edited for swearing, gender, and nationality.

https://gab.ai/2525/posts/34491892

Blogger Daniele Grech Pereira September 08, 2018 11:05 AM  

SDL is pretty good at predicting these numbers. I wouldn't bet against him.

Blogger cloom September 08, 2018 11:12 AM  

@27 I see I cannot ask for a test of the groups of immigrants because my idea can be reduced to one or a few, as anecdotes, not a scientific sample of a group. If you have ethnic immigrant neighbourhoods watch how the vote totals go for each area.

Blogger Matrick September 08, 2018 11:37 AM  

I'm guessing that the SD are the type of party that would refuse to enter a coalition with the more genuine right wing parties.

Blogger Desillusionerad September 08, 2018 12:28 PM  

Cloom Glue wrote:@27 I see I cannot ask for a test of the groups of immigrants because my idea can be reduced to one or a few, as anecdotes, not a scientific sample of a group. If you have ethnic immigrant neighbourhoods watch how the vote totals go for each area.



But i sort of answer your question earlier:
(Weirdly no Estonian ghettos as far as i can see...)

Anonymous Anonymous September 08, 2018 12:53 PM  

They must be in danger of winning something because the (((Torygraph))) has gone All In on never-Trump cuckservatism and described Swedish Democrats as neonazis ....

God only knows what they think about AfS.

Blogger Dirk Manly September 08, 2018 1:08 PM  

@13

"Throw in the increasing tempo on the war drums with Russia and the future of Europe is looking very grim indeed."

Fortunately, NATO is a DEFENSIVE alliance.
If one of the European nations openly commits hostilities against Russia, the NATO mutual DEFENSE pact does not apply.

Blogger Dirk Manly September 08, 2018 1:16 PM  

@36

"God only knows what they think about AfS."

Why, they're unspeakable, of course!

Blogger cloom September 08, 2018 1:26 PM  

Desillusionerad wrote:Cloom Glue wrote:@27 I see I cannot ask for a test of the groups of immigrants because my idea can be reduced to one or a few, as anecdotes, not a scientific sample of a group. If you have ethnic immigrant neighbourhoods watch how the vote totals go for each area.



But i sort of answer your question earlier:

(Weirdly no Estonian ghettos as far as i can see...)



That is from @14 where you favourably named several ethnic groups and I repeat: those immigrant groups are why your immigration problem might not be overcome.
It is because they had open borders for themselves and they want it for others. Now I add, this will be true despite the fact you say one of those groups, Estonians, do not create ghettos, and your grandfather was Estonian. You go ahead and defend civic nationalism. I am out of the conversation.

Blogger Were-Puppy September 08, 2018 1:37 PM  

Civic Nationalism is a hard mindworm to break

Blogger Desillusionerad September 08, 2018 1:50 PM  

Cloom Glue wrote:Desillusionerad wrote:Cloom Glue wrote:@27 I see I cannot ask for a test of the groups of immigrants because my idea can be reduced to one or a few, as anecdotes, not a scientific sample of a group. If you have ethnic immigrant neighbourhoods watch how the vote totals go for each area.



But i sort of answer your question earlier:

(Weirdly no Estonian ghettos as far as i can see...)



That is from @14 where you favourably named several ethnic groups and I repeat: those immigrant groups are why your immigration problem might not be overcome.

It is because they had open borders for themselves and they want it for others. Now I add, this will be true despite the fact you say one of those groups, Estonians, do not create ghettos, and your grandfather was Estonian. You go ahead and defend civic nationalism. I am out of the conversation.



I didn't defend civic nationalism - i pointed out that it's not quite as bad as 20% are all ISIS fighters.
In fact, given that i speak 6-7 words of Estonian, (more than my father) i would say that we have been assimilated.
In any case, my definition of well integrated is essentially assimilated.

Blogger Unknown September 08, 2018 2:19 PM  

24. Unknown September 08, 2018 9:21 AM
Don't forget to gas Marx first. He missed that by a few decades.



i'm fine with hanging his corpse in a gibbet off of the UN building for 200 years. and that would almost be era appropriate for Karl.

Blogger eclecticme September 08, 2018 3:17 PM  

Excellent piece on a researcher Dr. Bilyana Martinovski who gathered and tweeted rape statistics in Sweden and was fired. 50,000 convictions She speaks very clearly but CC may help for some for the two linked videos as the sound drops out sometimes.

https://gatesofvienna.net/2018/09/how-to-become-an-unperson-in-the-swedish-academy-publicly-discuss-the-statistics-on-gang-rapes-by-culture-enrichers/
How to Become an Unperson in the Swedish Academy: Publicly Discuss the Statistics on Gang Rapes by Culture-Enrichers

http://bilyanamartinovsky.com/

Blogger Azure Amaranthine September 08, 2018 6:25 PM  

""Five" is proof that VD is a liberal plant"

Walked right into that one. I'm down for ten, but I might be amenable to eight, if they've mixed with the locals for every single generation.

"Don't forget to gas Marx first. He missed that by a few decades."

I call the lampshade materials before the burning, but after the gassing. It might save on curing time.

"Sure - my grandfather was Estonian"

Mhmm. Sounds like you have to go back. You may have voted right, but you're also protecting the other immigrants like you, of whom many certainly did not.

"It is because they had open borders for themselves and they want it for others."

Unnecessary. They want to defend themselves staying, and consequently end up defending the others staying in the same ways if not to the same extent. We don't even need to go into the higher percentage probably voting for open borders.

"I didn't defend civic nationalism"

You didn't consciously try to, but considering that your very presence and ability to vote are a direct product of it... one might say you are civic nationalism.

Blogger Desillusionerad September 08, 2018 7:54 PM  

Azure Amaranthine wrote:Mhmm. Sounds like you have to go back. You may have voted right, but you're also protecting the other immigrants like you, of whom many certainly did not.

No i didn't - I said that they aren't THE problem.
"If our PROBLEMS stayed on this level, oh god, that would be nice."
reading, i know it's hard, but do try.

Azure Amaranthine wrote:You didn't consciously try to, but considering that your very presence and ability to vote are a direct product of it... one might say you are civic nationalism.

No, see civic nationalism is when you don't assimilate.
when you assimilate, it's not civic nationalism.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash September 08, 2018 9:10 PM  

Desillusionerad wrote:No, see civic nationalism is when you don't assimilate.

when you assimilate, it's not civic nationalism.

No, Civic nationalism is when you or your family aren't part of the tribe, so you emphasize all the externals, like ideology, assimilation and flags, while de-emphasizing actual tribal membership.

Exactly as you are doing here.

I find it interesting that you identity as an assimilated Estonian rather than a Swede with 1/4 Estonian ancestry.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine September 08, 2018 10:46 PM  

One might say that they are the primary problem in that they're the beginning of the slippery slope.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd September 09, 2018 1:25 AM  

Desillusionerad wrote:In fact, given that i speak 6-7 words of Estonian, (more than my father) i would say that we have been assimilated.

In any case, my definition of well integrated is essentially assimilated.


You know your ancestry is Estonian? You haven't assimilated.

Blogger Desillusionerad September 09, 2018 6:09 AM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:No, Civic nationalism is when you or your family aren't part of the tribe, so you emphasize all the externals, like ideology, assimilation and flags, while de-emphasizing actual tribal membership.



Exactly as you are doing here.

I find it interesting that you identity as an assimilated Estonian rather than a Swede with 1/4 Estonian ancestry.


No, i don't identify as Estonian - Why would I?
I don't speak the language, I don't know any of it's history, culture, traditions and so forth, and i have spend a grand total of 30 hours in the country when i went on a booze cruise with some friends.
However, I speak Swedish (it's my mother tongue) I know Swedish history, culture, traditions, and forth.
Being aware of the history of your ancestors does not mean you haven't assimilated.

Blogger herke83 September 09, 2018 6:37 PM  

Unfortunately the nationalists did much worse than expected, Sweden can still be regarded as the canary in the coal mine.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts