ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Tuesday, January 08, 2019

The joy of gammas

This is one of the reasons I needed to be heavily encouraged to move into video. I knew the average IQ of the video commenters was going to be at least a standard deviation below the blog commenters, but it's still painful to encounter and endure the retardery. I thought Gamma midwits were bad, but the average-IQ variants are arguably even worse:
EhudofGera3
This is the second video of you I have seen. I've watched all the IDW, Owen Benjamin pointed me here, your so longwinded and have a poor presentation. What you're saying may or may not be true, but the delivery needs work.

Darkstream
Your grammar and punctuation both require improvement.

Jakob Algeblad
Darkstream You seem too be a great man, responding to a respectful comment with insults...

Darkstream
Your spelling requires improvement.
Now that I better understand them, I really, truly, and sincerely hate gammas. If you're a gamma reading this, please understand that offering unsolicited advice and criticism is something that you should never, ever, do. That habit is one of the primary reasons that people not only don't like you, but actively avoid your company. If you want to be more popular, then excise the words "should", "need", and "seem" from your vocabulary. Never, ever, use them.

Labels: ,

99 Comments:

Blogger RobertDWood January 08, 2019 8:06 AM  

:waits for the dread ilk best of breed fake gamma troll comments:

Blogger JACIII January 08, 2019 8:10 AM  

Video gammas just need better delivery and spelling. It's why no one listens to them.

Blogger Daniel January 08, 2019 8:17 AM  

And the Midwit Gamma says, "See? I KNEW you loved me best."

Blogger Scott January 08, 2019 8:19 AM  

Only one standard deviation? Vox, you're too kind.

Blogger Richard Holmes January 08, 2019 8:20 AM  

If you want to be more popular, then excise the words "should", "need", and "seem" from your vocabulary. Never, ever, use them. - VD

They could always try keeping their mouth shut. err umm pen, or computer.

Blogger GrzyMcKneezy January 08, 2019 8:23 AM  

Gammas killed the video star?

Blogger Scott January 08, 2019 8:25 AM  

@5 Proverbs 21:23 "23 Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles."

The Book of Proverbs was written for Gammas.

Blogger JAG January 08, 2019 8:29 AM  

Pythagoras had a five year silence requirement to attend his school at Croton. He knew about gammas...

Blogger Jimmy January 08, 2019 8:29 AM  

I will start looking at 4chan /Pol for gamma-muppets. Expect to be stuck blind.

Blogger David The Good January 08, 2019 8:29 AM  

I feel your pain.

Blogger Silly but True January 08, 2019 8:33 AM  

“Ehud...”

Every. Single. Time.

Blogger JAG January 08, 2019 8:36 AM  

Also, Big Bear is Bruce Banner when it comes to banning gammas that criticize without making at least a modest attempt at humor. The humor requirement ends up harvesting them for the ban hammer like a scythe sweeping large swaths of grain as gammas struggle with being funny.

Blogger One Deplorable DT January 08, 2019 8:40 AM  

I've had work on public display before and I've found that there are people who offer good, helpful, non-gamma critiques. Depending on the venue they may be common, or they may be needles in a haystack of snarky gammas.

Unfortunately Vox is going to end up with the latter any where he posts on the Internet.

Blogger dienw January 08, 2019 8:41 AM  

RobertDWood wrote::waits for the dread ilk best of breed fake gamma troll comments:

Yes, this is a "Hold my beer" moment: I am waiting with bated keyboard.

Blogger Garuna January 08, 2019 8:43 AM  

Darkstream: Your grammar and punctuation both require improvement.

Jakob Algeblad: Darkstream You seem too be a great man, responding to a respectful comment with insults...


Advice from gammas is "respectful" and we should be grateful for it. Advice to gammas is an "insult". They are projecting their intentions. The whole 'advice' schtick is gamma negging attempts.

Blogger Dave January 08, 2019 8:58 AM  

What grammar and punctuation in a Darkstream are they referring to? Is this about the comments?

Dammit people, if Vox stops replying to comments we'll never find out nuggets like he once wore purple corduroys to school.

Blogger Jill January 08, 2019 9:06 AM  

"Seem" is an annoying word, ubiquitous in 3rd-person close perspective writing. Avoiding it has become an obsession with me. Not that I want to become the redheaded "apparently" stepchild, either.

Blogger Damelon Brinn January 08, 2019 9:06 AM  

Also, if you don't know whether to use "your" or "you're," just alternate between them and you'll be right half the time.

Blogger ZhukovG January 08, 2019 9:09 AM  

...Purple corduroys? Shudder.

Blogger Lamarck Leland January 08, 2019 9:11 AM  

They always insult first then claim to be offering constructive criticism.

Blogger Matthew T January 08, 2019 9:12 AM  

Darkstreams are pretty awesome tbh, they humanize Vox a lot.

Blogger ZhukovG January 08, 2019 9:18 AM  

Gamma's are truly special. This may be the one type of person, in which greater talents and abilities are a bad thing rather than a positive.

The average Gamma is merely annoying and invites derision.

The talented Gamma can cause incalculable harm.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother January 08, 2019 9:40 AM  

Whomst've

Blogger dienw January 08, 2019 9:44 AM  

ZhukovG wrote:...Purple corduroys? Shudder.

Papal ambitions with "hair shirt" masochism; or a budding rock star.

Blogger Azimus January 08, 2019 9:50 AM  

BB thinks they're bots. Its certainly possible, and easy enough to pull off.

Blogger dvdivx January 08, 2019 9:56 AM  

You can get high quality video commentators but videos from groups like Smoosh are going to have a higher view count making you wonder about the average viewer.

Blogger One Deplorable DT January 08, 2019 9:58 AM  

@17 - the problem is that "seems" and "apparently" have value in honest discussions between trusted peers. Actual scientific discussions (as opposed to SCIENCE! propaganda) are loaded with qualifiers because the honest scientist knows the limitations of his knowledge, and knows how much of the real world boils down to probability curves. Same with engineers. In those contexts "The evidence to date would seem to indicate..." is a hell of a lot better than "ALL SCIENTISTS AGREE!"

But among gammas, it's all weasel language so they can score points or prepare a retreat.

One thing I learned late in life is that you have to size up the people you're dealing with and alter your language to fit the situation. That's easier said than done for most people.

Blogger Nostromo January 08, 2019 10:09 AM  

That's why so many edumacated kids use "ur". The nuns beat that crap out of us. If you can't spell it, don't use it.

Blogger Stickwick Stapers January 08, 2019 10:10 AM  

There's helpful and there's "helpful."

On one (1) occasion, Vox offered me unsolicited advice. It was appreciated, because: a) I respect Vox; b) he has advice that's actually helpful; and c) he offers it sparingly.

When I get unsolicited "advice" from gammas, there isn't a word sufficient to describe the combination of loathing and irritation it inspires. If it isn't coming from a place of false superiority, it's coming from a place of cowardice. I've had gammas contact me through social media and ask that I stop posting certain things, because it was drawing negative attention from terrible people to myself. Who honestly gives a damn? It was as though they were solipsistically experiencing that negativity to themselves and couldn't bear the discomfort. Just bizarre.

Blogger Dave January 08, 2019 10:12 AM  

@Damelon

You're comment made me chuckle. Your funny.

Blogger The Greay Man January 08, 2019 10:13 AM  

I've had work on public display before and I've found that there are people who offer good, helpful, non-gamma critiques. Depending on the venue they may be common, or they may be needles in a haystack of snarky gammas.

That's the thing -- if someone is offering good, helpful, non-gamma critiques, you will immediately notice it and it is helpful to you.

Gamma critiques are un-asked-for, stupid, condescending, and not important.

Blogger The Greay Man January 08, 2019 10:15 AM  

Vox never points out constructive criticism that is actually helpful - because it is precisely that.

Gammas are unhelpful. Always.

Blogger KPKinSunnyPhiladelpia January 08, 2019 10:16 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger KPKinSunnyPhiladelpia January 08, 2019 10:17 AM  

I've done some public presenting stuff -- very non-controversial material, like we see here -- and comments are generally quite good, largely because it's a community of well meaning folks who want to learn.

But every once in a while, a gamma pops up with a classic gammatude -- "Hey, what you did/who you are sucks so look at me and my wondeful perception."

When I first came to Vox Popoli I was astonished at how infrequently such commentary occurs, given the subject matter, and then I understood, "Oh, if you do gamma, you will be crushed in ways no one ever imagined."

It's an effective deterrent. This site is unique in its commentary -- more or less a free for all, but generally high quality where you get some perceptive slants on issues.

Certianly Vox's loathing of gammas is real, but I wouldn't be surprised if he enjoys, at least a little bit, quashing them like a cigar butt under his instep. I enjoy seeing it.

Blogger Patrick Kelly January 08, 2019 10:35 AM  

Vox, your videos sure seem to be getting better.

Maybe you need to do them more often.

You should seriously consider this.

Blogger Jill Domschot January 08, 2019 10:37 AM  

@One Deplorable DT, yes, they are valid words, especially in the context you gave, where there isn't enough evidence to make bold claims. They are meant to weaken language. That's why I'm trying to avoid them when writing fiction. This is only peripherally related to the subject, but I also don't like writing gamma characters, at least not as the main protagonist.

Blogger Winston Smith January 08, 2019 10:43 AM  

The common pattern with the gamma criticism is that it is banal tripe and/or meant to elevate the gamma at the expense of the target.

If you correct someone in public on anything that isn't immediately harmful, it's just self-aggrandizement at its core.

This is the difference between a delta or beta and a gamma on correcting a superior:

1. Gamma will not hesitate to do in public, no matter how banal.

2. Delta or beta will only correct a superior in public if the superior is about to shoot their foot off or cause a disaster they don't see coming and the correction is needed to protect the superior and others.

In other words, gammas, you do it because you want to wave your intellectual dick in people's faces, not be your brother's keeper.

Blogger Gregory the Great January 08, 2019 10:45 AM  

Alex Jones would comment this behaviour as: "Mummy, Vox was mean to me."

Blogger HoosierHillbilly January 08, 2019 10:53 AM  

"quashing them like a cigar butt under his instep"

Uncultured heathen. Cigars are allowed to burn themselves out in the ashtray.

Blogger Patrick Kelly January 08, 2019 10:57 AM  

HoosierHillbilly wrote:"quashing them like a cigar butt under his instep"

Uncultured heathen. Cigars are allowed to burn themselves out in the ashtray.


Some cigars smell worse than others and don't deserve that.

Blogger Azimus January 08, 2019 11:15 AM  

35. Patrick Kelly January 08, 2019 10:35 AM
Vox, your videos sure seem to be getting better.

Maybe you need to do them more often.

You should seriously consider this.


SDL does alright, he'll do btter. Spacebunny would be top 500 youtube channel for sure. She's like an unrestrained Ann Coulter only better. Until the banhammer comes down.

BB does videos w/his wife on occasion, and it's interesting to see the dialogue between a happily married couple on the right rather than what Hollywood tells us is how successful married couples behave (drinking, infidelity, loathing their spouse, etc). I totally respect and understand SDL's desire for family privacy, but it would be awesome to see the two you click.

Blogger Sam Sutherland January 08, 2019 11:20 AM  

Thanks, VD! Should I ever have the need to seem like a gamma, I'll know what words to use!

Blogger dienw January 08, 2019 11:48 AM  

Patrick Kelly wrote:HoosierHillbilly wrote:"quashing them like a cigar butt under his instep"

Uncultured heathen. Cigars are allowed to burn themselves out in the ashtray.


Some cigars smell worse than others and don't deserve that.


Stop buying lousy cigars; buy cigars that go with good whiskey or bourbon: I was a clerk in a fine cigar store in the 90s and acquired the love of fine cigars and booze; unfortunately, I can no longer afford it. One day. One day.

Blogger rumpole5 January 08, 2019 12:00 PM  

One of the keys to happiness is knowing one's place. Mine, IQwise is definately well below that of VD. His earlier dark streams are probably less polished than his latest, and perhaps it has not occurred to his critics that the thought flow of a highly intelligent person is a lot faster than the physical speech formation. A glib person might just reflect a lower, but better matched thought and speech production speed. As I recall; VD has readily admitted that video is not his forte (or maybe his preference). Therefore, I don't understand the nitpicking because the darkstream substance is just as good as that in his written work. I am just happy that he shares his thoughts with us in any medium. I will say that I really enjoy VD orally paired with Alex Jones the two compliment each other beautifully. Thanks for all of blogging and streaming!

Blogger pdwalker January 08, 2019 12:06 PM  

VD is far kinder to the gammas than Spacebunnny would be. At least that’s my impression.

Blogger R Webfoot January 08, 2019 12:20 PM  

@Stickwick
"I've had gammas contact me through social media and ask that I stop posting certain things, because it was drawing negative attention from terrible people to myself. Who honestly gives a damn? It was as though they were solipsistically experiencing that negativity to themselves and couldn't bear the discomfort. Just bizarre."

... Actually, I think that's basically it. They know that you are saying something that gets crazy people upset, AND they know that those crazy people tend to go a bit heavy on the guilt-by-association. So if they share your social media content, even unrelated to whatever gets the crazies riled up, they might get attacked.

Blogger JACIII January 08, 2019 12:22 PM  

SB was a holy terror in the comments here. The Old Man probably got tired of restraining her.

Blogger Duke Norfolk January 08, 2019 12:22 PM  

That was hilarious. God bless you for suffering the fools.

Blogger Steve Samson January 08, 2019 12:23 PM  

I have trouble reconciling the Vox of the darkstreams with the Vox of the blog, who's comments appear in my mind ALL IN CAPS like Death in Discworld.

Blogger One Deplorable DT January 08, 2019 12:34 PM  

@44 - Therefore, I don't understand the nitpicking because the darkstream substance is just as good as that in his written work.

The nitpicking is so that the gamma can be a King in his mind.

Blogger Katechon January 08, 2019 12:37 PM  

Could I be a gamma if I have a steady and loving girlfriend?

What's the critical difference between a beta and a gamma?

Blogger One Deplorable DT January 08, 2019 12:41 PM  

@49 - on reflection, I think Vox's delivery does need work. There are clearly not enough enemy skulls on display in his videos. Also: how can it be a "darkstream" by a "dark lord" when there isn't at least one SJW beheading per stream?

Poor presentation indeed!

Blogger Jo K January 08, 2019 12:44 PM  

On hate: hate is something I'm trying to exercise out of my life. It's difficult. When I find myself experiencing hate I acknowledge it to myself then try to offer a blessing to whomever it is that I'm hating.

On unsolicited advice and criticism: At root, I disagree. The comment section is a form of review. Anything posted on youtube is posted for public consumption and thus subject to critique. Advice is a form of critique. These are mediums where the public enters into a sloppy sort of conversation about the topic at hand.

On the word seem: this word is often adopted in an effort to be polite. To avoid being categorized as a know-it-all, or to acknowledge that the author/speaker does not have absolute knowledge. I get that this can come across as wishy-washy to some people, but I think it comes from a well-meaning place, conversationally. Yes, it would be easier to nail someone down to a hard statement, and yes, using the word "seem" makes it more difficult to nail someone down, by design.

On the words should and need: these words don't come from the same place as "seem." They're obviously fine words in many situations, but sure, someone else telling you what you should do or what you need to do is obnoxious.

On being popular: I'm not convinced this is a worthwhile goal.

Blogger The Cooler January 08, 2019 12:48 PM  

I do feel a bit like the Moscow Militia declaring there are no serial killers in the Soviet Union while typing this, but I had to attend undergraduate school in the North before I ever met a gamma. You Yankees sure do churn em out.

Blogger Cecil Henry January 08, 2019 12:50 PM  

Helpful suggestions:

Just Clean your damn room Bucko!!


https://gab.com/media/image/bq-5c33bc93bc96e.jpeg

Blogger VD January 08, 2019 12:53 PM  

I'm not convinced this is a worthwhile goal.

Given the thoughts you shared, I don't think it's anything you'll have to worry about.

Blogger papabear January 08, 2019 12:58 PM  

@53 Are you a woman?

Blogger KPKinSunnyPhiladelpia January 08, 2019 1:05 PM  

HoosierHillbilly wrote:"quashing them like a cigar butt under his instep"

Uncultured heathen. Cigars are allowed to burn themselves out in the ashtray.


After I finish my occasional Cohiba -- always smoked outside -- I toss it into the garden, stamp out the lit portion, and allow it to deteriorate naturally as excellent fertilizer.

There are mutliple ways to behave in a civilized fashion!!

Blogger Jo K January 08, 2019 1:08 PM  

@51 Katechon "Could I be a gamma if I have a steady and loving girlfriend?

What's the critical difference between a beta and a gamma?"

To start, I'm no expert. I only have a lowly 85 IQ. But on the bright side, I imagine you'll get additional comments to weigh against mine.

1rst question: yes, you can still be a gamma.

2nd question: this requires a bit of reflection on what it is to be a gamma. I've given the subject more thought over the years than perhaps I should have. Once upon a time I would have tried to define the gamma with paragraphs of text, exploring the nuance of the particular type and where the particular type comes from.

But recently I've simplified my definition of what it is to be a gamma: Someone who refuses to accept the organic social hierarchy that forms when people gather.

In other words, do you accept your role in a group? Or do you constantly wiggle about trying to find a new position? Do you undermine others in the group to propel yourself into a different position? Do you feel like an imposter in the group?

The Delta is at home in the group. The Delta accepts the Delta's position in the group, naturally.

The Gamma does not. To the Gamma's way of thinking, the Gamma is, or should be, in control of the group; it's just that the group doesn't know it yet.

Blogger Jo K January 08, 2019 1:11 PM  

@57 papabear "Are you a woman?"

Yes.

Curiously, why do people in this community keep asking me that?

Blogger Doktor Jeep January 08, 2019 1:15 PM  

Women can sniff out a gamma.
But we can't.
Thanks to you, it's starting to appear that there is a phrase/word pattern to gammas. What we need is a cataloging of gamma phrasing and wording so they become more identifiable to those who are not as experienced in dealing with them - or lacking the ovaries to automatically detect them. While women shun gammas as they are wired to, we (royal we) need to learn their patterns and shun them too.
I would be glad to volunteer some time to such a task were it to become a worthy project.

Blogger VD January 08, 2019 1:16 PM  

why do people in this community keep asking me that?

Because they can't tell if you are a woman or a mega-gamma.

Blogger Lance E January 08, 2019 1:17 PM  

One Deplorable DT wrote:@17 - the problem is that "seems" and "apparently" have value in honest discussions between trusted peers.

Yes, like if a problem is being kicked around between tech teams in order to figure out who owns it, people tend not to react as well to "it's YOUR fault!" as they do to "hey, this log entry coming from your system looks a little suspicious, could you check it out?"

But scientists and engineers normally use "seem" and its cousins to describe how a specific piece of evidence led them to an uncertain conclusion. Gammas gratuitously attach it to completely fact-free statements of opinion, almost always non-constructive criticism, in a vain attempt to deflect responsibility.

Gammas: If you absolutely must insult someone, then just insult them. People are pretty good at recognizing insults no matter how you sugar-coat them, so don't waste your time trying to make them palatable.

Blogger VD January 08, 2019 1:17 PM  

it would be awesome to see the two you click.

Never going to happen. Life as performance art has never interested me.

Blogger Jo K January 08, 2019 1:31 PM  

@62 VD "Because they can't tell if you are a woman or a mega-gamma."

I admit, I can't see what others are seeing in regards to my comments. In fairness, I don't know much about much.

Thank you for your reply.

Blogger Tars Tarkusz January 08, 2019 1:32 PM  

OT: Sean Last uploaded a response to Taleb.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSXYhnrwjQE

Blogger Don't Call Me Len January 08, 2019 1:36 PM  

"Should" is a communist word.

Blogger Tars Tarkusz January 08, 2019 1:43 PM  

Jo K wrote:On unsolicited advice and criticism: At root, I disagree. The comment section is a form of review. Anything posted on youtube is posted for public consumption and thus subject to critique.

I tend to agree... but 'you suck' is not criticism. Not liking someone's style is not criticism, it's bitching.

Jo K wrote:On the word seem: this word is often adopted in an effort to be polite.

I am in general disagreement with this. To me it has always been a way of making a weak and conditional statement. It is a shortcut to saying 'if I understand this correctly.' Nevertheless, I try to avoid using such language around here because I know it is not taken that way.

Blogger chronoblip January 08, 2019 1:58 PM  

Katechon wrote:Could I be a gamma if I have a steady and loving girlfriend?

What's the critical difference between a beta and a gamma?


http://alphagameplan.blogspot.com/2011/03/socio-sexual-hierarchy.html

https://www.bitchute.com/video/jKiTqneqvaez

Playing dumb can be a gamma tell, it's not like our host has not provided a lot of content over the years to help you figure this out for yourself.

The opinions of strangers on the internet as to the dynamics of your personal life aren't likely to be very accurate anyway.

Blogger Jill Domschot January 08, 2019 2:32 PM  

Gamma "politeness" just sounds patronizing.

Blogger Trebor Nosemaj January 08, 2019 2:45 PM  

Vox Dei: Righteous be thy name and thy trousers of times past. Thy Corde du Roi simply is not permitted to be of any other colour than Purple.

Blogger Jo K January 08, 2019 2:54 PM  

@68 Tars Tarkusz "but 'you suck' is not criticism."

and

@68 Tars Tarkusz "I am in general disagreement with this. To me it has always been a way of making a weak and conditional statement. It is a shortcut to saying 'if I understand this correctly.'"

***

On criticism reply:

Oh, it's criticism. Sure it is. You can argue it's not constructive criticism, but it's definitely criticism. Imagine being on stage singing a song in front of an audience. Then they all start shouting, "you suck!" That's criticism. Now, as the singer, you might wish that they didn't give their opinion. Or you might wish they gave more constructive criticism, perhaps a bullet point list of what they didn't like or whatever.

But the thing is, as far as I can figure, is that they don't owe you any further explanation. Meaning they only care about you insofar as whether or not they think you suck. They gave the "you suck!" as a reaction, and now the onus is on you to either A) not care or B) figure out how to not suck.

***

On "seem" reply:

Hmm. You know, I agree that it's shorthand for something like "if I understand this correctly..."

But that's what I mean by polite. Another way of saying it is to say that the term is useful when one wants or feels the need to walk on eggshells. I can see an argument being made that the use of the term is cowardly, in fact.

A person can be polite because they want to be nice. A person can also hide behind politeness because they're fearful of confrontation. Sort of like the fellow who refuses to fight because he thinks fighting is wrong versus the fellow who refuses to fight because he's scared someone's going to beat him up. The same thing can be positive or negative depending upon the motivation behind it.

I think of it like I think of office emails or memos. You'll notice that office writing tends to be passive in nature. And I mean passive in a literary sense. As in: the chair was sat in by Roger v/s Roger sat in the chair.

The passive writing in an office environment is viewed as safer. The author of the email or memo is committing to less. It's the equivalent of walking down a hallway and not making eye contact. Keeping your eyes down so as to not solicit unwelcome danger.

I think, I'm not sure but I think, this basic behavior comes from people who grew up in dysfunctional households. From children who had to shrink in on themselves in order to avoid anger and abuse from their parents.

Blogger widlast washere January 08, 2019 3:02 PM  

@72 " you suck" is just being rude
criticism would be something along the lines of "you are off key"
To be real criticism, the comment should have valid, meaningful content.
85 IQ? You poor child.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd January 08, 2019 3:13 PM  

widlast washere wrote:85 IQ? You poor child.

Don' worry, scrote! There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick ass lives.

Blogger Jo K January 08, 2019 3:20 PM  

@73 widlast washere "85 IQ? You poor child."

Maybe. I don't know. We all play the hands we're dealt, and the blue sky is beautiful even in the eyes of the dumb.

Sorrow isn't a big thought; no, it's a lump in the throat. And love isn't calculus. It's a smile and a kiss in the morning.

Blogger Dave January 08, 2019 3:28 PM  

@Jo K _you suck_ and you _seem_ like a liar. Also you _should_ post pithier comments.

Blogger Jo K January 08, 2019 3:32 PM  

Dave, thank you. I will work on that.

Blogger papabear January 08, 2019 3:39 PM  

@60 and @68

Verbal hedging is more characteristic of women than men, though millenials (and previous generations) have picked up female speech patterns thanks to the social dominance of women.

Justifying verbal hedging as you have done, Jo, that is definitely more characteristic of female thinking.

Blogger Dave January 08, 2019 3:52 PM  

@Jo K you _seem_ open to criticism so let me say you _need_ to take your own advice and figure out how not to suck.

Blogger Katechon January 08, 2019 3:55 PM  

@chronoblip

Thank you very much for that Alpha Game link. Clear and concise definitions.

@Jo K
Many thanks for your definition.
I don't feel like I should be the leader of the groups I'm in. But I do feel sometimes like I'm an impostor, that I don't really belong in there.

Blogger Up from the pond January 08, 2019 4:13 PM  

It seems what you should do is realize that you need

Uh never mind.

Blogger Jo K January 08, 2019 4:27 PM  

@79 Dave "you _seem_ open to criticism so let me say you _need_ to take your own advice and figure out how not to suck."

Wow, two bits of advice in the same thread. Again, thank you. I will continue working on not sucking.

Your helpful observations warrant a return to the favor. Notice the way you keep using the words seem and need and should? Now, read through all the other comments here and observe how a lot of other people are doing the same darn thing.

That's because it's low bar humor. It's the first thing everyone thinks to write in response. Because haha, knee slap, chuckle chuckle. Low bar. See?

Up your game, friend. Wear the suit. Don't let the suit wear you.

Blogger Wuzzums Fuzzums January 08, 2019 4:33 PM  

I love gamma trolls. They constantly engage in concern trolling or (((constructive criticism))) trolling but no one falls for it yet they still do it unironically.

Blogger Tars Tarkusz January 08, 2019 4:40 PM  

papabear wrote:Verbal hedging is more characteristic of women than men, though millenials (and previous generations) have picked up female speech patterns thanks to the social dominance of women.

I disagree that it's hedging, at least in my case. I am not looking for an out, it's conditional.

Jo K wrote:But that's what I mean by polite. Another way of saying it is to say that the term is useful when one wants or feels the need to walk on eggshells. I can see an argument being made that the use of the term is cowardly, in fact.

It's not being polite. You are confusing it with pussyfooting around.

But alas, this is why I don't do it here and mostly don't do it at all anymore. Because it clearly causes more confusion than what it is meant to sidestep.

Blogger Gunnar Thalweg January 08, 2019 4:53 PM  

I find the gamma posts extremely helpful. All my life I thought people hated me just because I am me. Now I understand it's my behavior that alienates them. As soon as I can learn correct behavior, I should fit in and stop being so friggin' lonely and bitter.

Blogger Quicksilver January 08, 2019 5:00 PM  

The game that gamma all play is about validation seeking.

The cure is love. Or more precisely, teaching them how to self-love. Won't be done over the internet of course.

I've learned this in my journey from evolving out of gamma towards some kind of beta...

Blogger VD January 08, 2019 5:14 PM  

As soon as I can learn correct behavior, I should fit in and stop being so friggin' lonely and bitter.

Exactly. Self-delusion is the strongest prison of all, because one's thoughts are not free.

Blogger Mark Stoval January 08, 2019 5:35 PM  

The only thing that I can't figure out on all this alpha, beta, delta, gamma business is why there seems to be such a big difference between beta here at Vox's place and beta at Chateau Heartiste.

I understand "beta" to be good in Vox's scheme and horrible at the Chateau.

Blogger Bultz January 08, 2019 5:39 PM  

thank you for placing me slightly above retarded Vox

Blogger bobby January 08, 2019 5:42 PM  

"If you want to be more popular . . . "

I'm sorry, but a Vox Day post on "How To Be Popular" strikes me as the equivalent of Jeffrey Dahmer's seminar on Proper Dinner Etiquette.

(I can more easily picture a poster of Vox's face with the caption "Fuck Popularity!")

Blogger Dave January 08, 2019 5:55 PM  

@Jo K just trying to be _polite_ but it _seems_ as if you are in over your 85 IQ head here. It also _seems_ as if you think I would have any interest in your unsolicited advice. I assure you I do not.

Blogger Starboard January 08, 2019 5:56 PM  

88.Mark Stoval:
The only thing that I can't figure out on all this alpha, beta, delta, gamma business is why there seems to be such a big difference between beta here at Vox's place and beta at Chateau Heartiste.

I understand "beta" to be good in Vox's scheme and horrible at the Chateau.

Mark,
Chateau Hertiste has only two categories, winners and losers. The Betas in that hierarchy are losers.
The SSH is a more complex and complete model. Beta's are not losers in this model. Substitute Bravo for Beta in Vox's hierarchy if that helps. Also check out alpha game for details:

http://alphagameplan.blogspot.com/2011/03/socio-sexual-hierarchy.html

Blogger OneWingedShark January 08, 2019 6:36 PM  

Damelon Brinn wrote:Also, if you don't know whether to use "your" or "you're," just alternate between them and you'll be right half the time.
Personally, I like 'yore'.

KPKinSunnyPhiladelpia wrote:Certianly Vox's loathing of gammas is real, but I wouldn't be surprised if he enjoys, at least a little bit, quashing them like a cigar butt under his instep. I enjoy seeing it.
I don't know, I recall Vox saying awhile back in response to essentially allegations of being a psychopath/sociopath (I don't recall which one) that he's far too empathetic, easily able to put himself in the shoes of someone else -- while his distaste is certainly there, I would guess that his empathy would make him more sad, being able to 'see' their mental-cages/hangups and having the intelligence to see how they harm them -- which seems to me to be his motivation for offering them a little help in escaping their "gamma cages".

I mean, take a look at Jordanetics: he wrote the book in part because he saw a lot of people being taken in with lies and bafflegarble which the media was spinning as being "oh-so-smart!".

Sam Sutherland wrote:Thanks, VD! Should I ever have the need to seem like a gamma, I'll know what words to use!
Thanks for the laugh Sam!

Mark Stoval wrote:The only thing that I can't figure out on all this alpha, beta, delta, gamma business is why there seems to be such a big difference between beta here at Vox's place and beta at Chateau Heartiste.

I understand "beta" to be good in Vox's scheme and horrible at the Chateau.

IIRC, the systems are very different: Vox's being hierarchical, and having more 'types' (better 'resolution', if you will) while the Chateau Heartiste system is a strict binary system with only Alpha and Beta, tending toward the thought "if you aren't winning, you're losing" thus giving a sort of "Alpha = good; Beta = bad" model.

Blogger Dirk Manly January 08, 2019 6:53 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Dirk Manly January 09, 2019 12:24 AM  

88

"The only thing that I can't figure out on all this alpha, beta, delta, gamma business is why there seems to be such a big difference between beta here at Vox's place and beta at Chateau Heartiste."

Because the Heartiste terminology is based on a corruption of the terminology used by biologists to describe a dog or wolf's position within it's pack's social structures.

In the wolf world, there are three tiers of males:

A) The Alpha male runs the pack. The Alpha used to be the Beta, before the previous Alpha became too weak to hold the position. The Alpha male gets to be the first to eat.

B) The Beta Male is the only one who gets to breed. The Alpha male can't breed, because that would leave him open to attack. And he doesn't need to breed, because he already did that when he was the Beta Male, BEFORE he was Alpha male.

C) All of the other males. If the Alpha Male dies or is displaced and the Beta Male becomes the Alpha, or if the Beta male dies or gets displaced, ONE of these dogs will become the new Beta Male. Basically, until becoming the Beta, all of these dogs are currently losing, where reproduction is concerned.

The general press, after discovering this terminology in the late 1980's, quickly corrupted it, combining the Alpha Male and the Beta Male into one figure, the Alpha Male, and calling all the other dogs Beta Males.


Heartiste, like the Pick-Up Artist community in general, adopted the dumbed down, corrupted terminology from the mainstream press. (A press corps which is composed of people who, apparently, can't handle the concept of 3 categories... unless you're talking about "genders", in which case, there is an infinite variety).

Vox went the other way, and took the original biologists' terminology, expanded it, and tailored it for human interactions, as opposed to it's canine origins.

Blogger Felix Krull January 09, 2019 4:43 AM  

Hi Vox
You need to stop calling everybody 'gammas'. It reveals the nature of your insecurity.

Blogger Dirk Manly January 09, 2019 6:41 AM  

Felix, you are too short for this ride.

Just stand back and watch, ok.

Or maybe this is more applicable for you:



ACHTUNG! ALLES LOOKENSPEEPERS!

Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.



Or... since Felix is often a German name....


ATTENTION

This room is fullfilled mit special electronische equippment. Fingergrabbing and pressing the cnoeppkes from the computers is allowed for die experts only! So all the "lefthanders" stay away and do not disturben the brainstorming von here working intelligencies. Otherwise you will be out thrown and kicked anderswhere! Also: please keep still and only watchen astaunished the blinkenlights.

Blogger SciVo January 09, 2019 7:50 AM  

Gunnar Thalweg wrote:I find the gamma posts extremely helpful. All my life I thought people hated me just because I am me. Now I understand it's my behavior that alienates them. As soon as I can learn correct behavior, I should fit in and stop being so friggin' lonely and bitter.

Yes. Look at these two statements:

1. I lost my job because of office politics.
2. I lost my job because of poor relationship management.

They say the same thing. But one credits an eternal, impersonal force, while the other puts it in terms of a learnable skill. One locks you in a cage of your own making, and the other gives you the key.

Blogger VD January 09, 2019 2:09 PM  

You need to stop calling everybody 'gammas'. It reveals the nature of your insecurity.

I don't call everyone gammas. I call those who exhibit gamma patterns of behavior gammas. And you are exhibiting those patterns of behavior right here, which is almost certainly why my ability to identify gammas bothers you.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts