ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2019 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Sunday, March 03, 2019

Mailvox: dealing with SJWs

A reader writes concerning the outcome of her decision to take action with the family SJW:
I wrote to you a little while ago, detailing some of the pain and agony my SJW sibling had put our family thru in the last year, and you advised us to dump her, saying that it wasn’t worth it.  So we had dumped her locally recently, holding family events just with our adult children and grandchildren, and they’ve been delightful and relaxing.

But I was concerned about when my elderly parents return from [REDACTED] this spring and felt we’d have to go back to the SJW abuse for their sake. I’ve been thinking since your note, and had a talk with my dad this week, and we reviewed the history with sibling, including my family’s behavior (which my dad feels has been pretty exemplary), and he pretty cheerfully agreed that our family should do things separately from sibling at this point.

He’s at a loss, because he says SJW never listens to anything he tries to tell her, and hasn’t for years, but he also doesn’t believe that we should be treated so badly, including our adult children. I wish she could get a different perspective that values family over politics, but she has a history of bad decision making, and I am just really relieved that we can look forward to a summer that is positive and relaxing when my parents return, that we won’t be baited, ambushed, sabotaged or abused at my parents’ home, and that my parents see the situation and appreciate what we’ve been through with her. Anyway, thanks so much for your straightforward advice and encouragement.
I don't take the idea of excising a family member, or an entire branch of the family, from one's life lightly. But it is precisely because family is so important that it is vital to excise serial bad actors from the family without regret, because they have a reliably destructive effect on everyone in the family.

If a family member makes it clear that they have no interest in maintaining familial harmony, or simply refuses to behave in a civil manner, then one should not hesitate to leave them to their priorities and exclude them from family activities. They have already made their choice, one is simply honoring it and permitting them to experience its consequences.

The prodigal son would not have learned from his experience had his father not permitted him to reach rock bottom and repent. Enabling an abusive family member is not helping them, to the contrary, it is complicity in their abuse.

Please note that that notwithstanding this singular email exchange, I am not beginning a career as an advice columnist. Since I am not an advice columnist, I simply ignore the vast majority of emails sent to me seeking advice. I do macro, not micro, and to the extent that I ever offer micro advice, it tends to be considerably more brutal and succinct than you are likely to be seeking.

Labels: ,

74 Comments:

Blogger The Cooler March 03, 2019 9:48 AM  

and damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

Blogger jmg March 03, 2019 9:59 AM  

honor thy father and thy mother, especially in their house. 1 of 10 pretty good rules on how not to be an a**hole

Blogger Alphaeus March 03, 2019 10:04 AM  

"to the extent that I ever offer micro advice, it tends to be considerably more brutal and succinct than you are likely to be seeking."

This is actually the most helpful policy on advice because the reason they are asking for advice in the first place is that they are trying to avoid doing the brutal but necessary thing, to put it succinctly. Or rather they are trying to screw up their courage to do the brutal thing they know must be done, to put it much less succinctly.

Blogger mgh March 03, 2019 10:10 AM  

SJW are really bad at evangelizing for their causes. Tell someone about something new you've discovered and why it benefits you and they might be interested. Go on and on about it and people lose interest. Tell people they must adopt your views and they will despise you. Same thing happens with new Christians but SJW are more likely to choose the third option.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan March 03, 2019 10:12 AM  

Kind of surprised at the actions of the father, they usually fall for the flattery bestowed upon Conservative Papa from Big Momma Liberal as to keep Radical Child within the family.

Blogger Revelation Means Hope March 03, 2019 10:15 AM  

Just finished a long and recently written biography on Robert E. Lee. That man was really something.

The point is he, and his family's, relation with his famous father; Henry "Light Horse" Lee, hero of the American Revolution. After the war, the man revealed himself to be a genuine scoundrel/grifter of the 1st order. Robert was ashamed of his father and consciously or unconsciously tried to be his opposite regarding honor, money, and relationships. His father had seriously defrauded and damaged many of his friends and relatives with his financial schemes.

One time early in the Civil War, his duties took him to the island where his father's grave was located. He visited it, first and last time in his life, spent a few minutes gazing at it, and made no remarks nor mentioned the visit in any letter.

If you want to take the example of this hero, he cut that dishonest and dishonorable member of his immediate family off so thoroughly that no one today even knows what his opinion of his father was.

Blogger Meanoldbasterd March 03, 2019 10:15 AM  

Vox, I ran into my old commander at my workplace and tried to explain to him why I left the Army. He was a surprised that I wasn't still in, being that I was able to update him on his old unit with more up to date knowledge than he had available. I related the event of the last few months in the old unit and why I left. The killer line (the one where his face took on a pained and almost exasperated expression) was "on my final day, after talking to multiple senior Ncos, Light Colonels, Warrant Officers for months, I nearly changed my mind on The spot at the summer party and demanded a reenlistment contract because two specialists said 'We need you Sergeant,' nobody above the rank of E4 said that to me. They all tried to sell me on points, or retirement, or benefits, or jobs."

Blogger Meanoldbasterd March 03, 2019 10:18 AM  

(This post is in response to voxs rather terse yet spot on advice on the subject)

Blogger Dave Dave March 03, 2019 10:24 AM  

If there is a significant problem within a family, decisive action must be taken. There can be no half measures, and a swift decision is often better for everyone involved. A short amount of pain all at once is preferable to prolonged and corrosive pain that can destroy the morale of the family.

Blogger Emmanuel March 03, 2019 10:37 AM  

@2

What if they're in the camp of the enemy?

Blogger Haus frau March 03, 2019 10:50 AM  

My boomer dad has a habit of indulging and making excuses for the sjw sibling that actively dislikes him and holds him at arm's length while also attempting to push and manipulate the other family members that wont have anything to do qith her to forgive her and lwt her back in their lives. Its a version of the squeaky wheel getting the attention. This commenter is lucky to have such cooperation from the parents.

Blogger D E K March 03, 2019 10:53 AM  

Straight out of Stefan Molyneux's playbook.

Blogger Zaklog the Great March 03, 2019 11:01 AM  

While the person in question is fine to deal with in person, their willingness to associate with, listen to, and support people who literally endorse violence against me and mine is difficult to deal with. Many of you probably feel much the same.

Blogger Sterling Pilgrim March 03, 2019 11:02 AM  

I'm currently dealing with an older female sibling who, because of prioritizing flights of fancy over family, finds herself in her mid forties with no child or husbad prospects in sight. I've taken the route of my ancestors and have a family big enough to make boomers say "bless your heart". (Thank you, they are all blessings). Single Sis has recently moved to the same state and city we live in and we knew boundaries would be tested.
My wife and I knew there would be a coming conversation about boundaries and it wouldn't be pretty. It has gone nuclear, but she's already accepted the new job and is still moving here. Prayers needed for courage and fortitude.

Blogger JG March 03, 2019 11:18 AM  

Gasp! Vox is channeling Stefan Molyneux!

Blogger VD March 03, 2019 11:22 AM  

Straight out of Stefan Molyneux's playbook.

No, I think I value family considerably more highly than Stefan does. It's not about the self or personal development or anything like that, it's just about pattern recognition and the acceptance of futility.

Blogger Dave March 03, 2019 11:23 AM  

holding family events just with our adult children and grandchildren, and they’ve been delightful and relaxing.

Life is too short to put up with someone's crap only because they're family. Especially when you have grown adult children who are now raising their own families. Subjecting your own grown children and grandchildren to that nonsense and you run the risk of alienating them.

Blogger Lovekraft March 03, 2019 11:26 AM  

One trick to moderating or tempering the animosity is to think of the things the other person may have done in your defense or support. Granted, blatant displays of hostility and unwillingness to be held accountable are the two factors that make my decision. It's not what they think inasmuch as whether their outlook is acceptable in the circumstances. Occassional get-togethers become more tolerable when you are outside of the offense focus.

Blogger Dave March 03, 2019 11:30 AM  

Like Molyneux is the only person to ever suggest or recommend to remove negative or disruptive forces from someone's family circle?

Blogger Timmy3 March 03, 2019 11:30 AM  

Of course a bad family member should be excised. They will never learn if you just acquiesced. Your family members mean just as much. Do you not care about them so they will voluntarily absent an event because of the toxic member? I had more than my share of bad experiences. At some point, you’ll break, them it’s even worse. They’ll avoid the parents as well if forced to choose.

Blogger Ray - SoCal March 03, 2019 11:36 AM  

Something like:

“Sjw always make families miserable”

I would buy. The current sjw books are aimed at entities, and tactics for family sjw are a bit different.

Blogger Doktor Jeep March 03, 2019 11:43 AM  

Hmph. Be careful. That SJW can now call the cops, say their sibling has a gun and is making odd threatening statements, and then sit back and watch SWAT carry out the hit.

This is why ghosting is the best way. Not even a word. No record of communications. I have relatives who would be glad to have me murdered with these new laws but they won't be able to prove any contact in YEARS and I don't do socialist media whereby they can take some post and ninny about it.

When I say "civil war" I'm not kidding. People who think I'm kidding or say "oh you listen to too much Infowars!" deserve to stand on a toilet paper line for the rest of their lives.

Blogger Avalanche March 03, 2019 11:43 AM  

@14 "Prayers needed for courage and fortitude."

Permit me to recommend a state of disinterested compassion. I used to run an advice list (mostly for 30-yr-old women who had finally caught on that feminism was NOT their friend!)

Disinterested compassion is the version of kindness with lack of ongoing interest that you offer to an bare-acquaintance who seems to need help. If your sister wants to move in on your family to replace the one she did not create, you might decide to have on tap a whole list of reasonable excuses why she can't come over, can't spend a day with your family, can't come in ... that last one's hard to do with equanimity but it IS do-able: 'you're just leaving,' 'you're just lying down for a nap,' 'you're expecting your minister to visit'; that sort of must-be-accepted excuses. (And that includes being able to say: "no, I'm sorry, you can't come in; I actually need the nap.")(Practice saying it out loud, so it flows off your tongue with ease.)

My stock phrase on my list was: "draw your boundary and observe it!" The point is not to force HER to observe your boundary; it's to keep YOU and your family inside your boundary (the only one you really have control of, until you build your wall). (Tai chi directive of *yield and redirect*: you don't try to meet her force with your own force; you gently deflect,just enough to make her force slide past you. "No, I'm sorry, I can't do that.")

Your sister will begin to get the picture; and eventually ask about "why are you being mean," and then you can draw your boundary visibly FOR her. "I will not have your liberal / SJW / non-religious (whatever your base objection(s) is/are) around my kids. I will not sit with you while you denigrate my world view and beliefs -- intentionally or not. You're my sister, I love you, but your beliefs are unacceptable to me and my family; and I will not allow you to bring them into my family."

Anchor yourself in the correctness of your decisions, actions and statements, and don't take any bait. If you think there is the barest chance she might be however slightly educable... maybe have a print-out of some introductory material she would need to read and come to understand before you will discuss the matter further (alone) with her. ({wince} I know, Dark Lord, that's totally dialectic; but trying to 'save' a heretic (whom you want to keep) with rhetoric may still be keeping 'you' too involved with 'fixing' her, rather than merely driving her off?)

If you can stand it, an offer to have lunch with her on very rare occasions (JUST you, not your family: protecting your family is your first and foremost boundary!) could let her have some relief from her lonely life. Only you can decide if it's worth it to you. I'm just now printing out a couple pages of memes -- all true ones -- to give to the neighbors I'm working to awaken. They won't read 5-page dialectic text (alas) -- but cute/funny/pointy memes, with true data in them, they'll read. I also used to tell my list: a bell, once rung, cannot be unheard. Plant seeds!

Charity does not require inviting the ill to move in with you! Your sister still has her 'disease' and should not be allowed to spread contagion into your household. Good luck!

Blogger Ron Winkleheimer March 03, 2019 12:09 PM  

A couple of years ago I had an exchange on a blog comments section with a SJW who boasted of lecturing her relatives at family gatherings on their racism, sexism, etc. Her family was so bad, she stated, that she had stopped going to family gatherings all together. I told that I was sure they were heart broken about that.

Blogger Timmy3 March 03, 2019 12:09 PM  

“Your sister will begin to get the picture; and eventually ask about "why are you being mean,"”

It’s one thing to change your behavior to move on, it’s another to delude yourself to a fantasy. She is probably thinking the same thing in the opposite direction.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd March 03, 2019 12:16 PM  

My sister is useful as a bad example to my children. ``Your aunt did that, and look how she turned out.''

Blogger Unknown March 03, 2019 12:21 PM  

Actually a Vox day advice column is a great idea. I bet it would be unique and funny as hell.

Blogger peacefulposter March 03, 2019 12:25 PM  

she stated, that she had stopped going to family gatherings all together.

SJW's always lie. Her Family probably shunned her.

Blogger jmg March 03, 2019 12:31 PM  

@10 in response to @2

honor thy father and thy mother is not a free pass to the parents, this is in context of having virtues, if parents are lacking then the children must attain or maintain the higher virtues, parents are not given a free pass to be monsterous, thanks for good question or objection emm have a good day

Blogger Balkan Yankee March 03, 2019 12:34 PM  

All the family SJW had to do was cool it for long enough. But she couldn't. Now the cause owns her. And now she'll do or say anything for the cause. Because she has nowhere else to turn.

Blogger VD March 03, 2019 12:37 PM  

Hmph. Be careful

Don't be such a pussy. They could also pick up an axe and hit you over the head with it. Or poison your lemonade.

But they're a lot less likely to do any of that if you don't have anything to do with them. This isn't rocket science.

Blogger CynicalMan March 03, 2019 12:39 PM  

There really is only one person in your family you get to choose and that is your spouse, all of the others are a consequence of circumstance. The ideal that family members cannot be adversaries has long been disproven. You may be more likely to be assaulted by a family member than by a stranger for the very reason that you allow them close to you for reasons of blood.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd March 03, 2019 12:40 PM  

Joe Grochowski wrote:honor thy father and thy mother is not a free pass to the parents

Ephesians 6:4.

Blogger Garuda1 March 03, 2019 12:45 PM  

Long-time reader and lurker here. I sent Vox and email around 10 years ago seeking advice about a graduate program dilemma I was facing which he used as a post. His analysis of my educational situation was completely accurate, and his assessment of the probable side-effects of my choices greatly helped me navigate a difficult time. What honestly meant the most to me was the fact that Vox bothered to even offer the advice to begin with. My father had recently died and as the firstborn son I worked to keep my family together and had to sacrifice much of my own personal life. I had very few people I could go to for advice, and the "wisdom" they offered was usually heavily biased by their own circumstances. So I figured I had nothing to lose and sent Vox a message. I doubt Vox even remembers the email (I'm just a random dude from 10 years ago, after all), but his honest and clear advice in that response had more genuine compassion than I found even from the churchian leaders. Obviously things are much different and much better in the present for me, and Vox's advice is part of what helped me succeed. I'll end the ramble here by expressing my gratitude to Vox for answering me and others like the OP above, and encourage him to keep up the good fight!

tl;dr Vox gave me excellent and accurate advice once and the OP reminded me of that so I'm just thanking him.

Blogger Zaklog the Great March 03, 2019 12:49 PM  

There really is only one person in your family you get to choose and that is your spouse, all of the others are a consequence of circumstance.

Yes, and no. You choose your spouse. You also have some degree of choice regarding your spouse's family. No matter how great she is, if significant parts of her family are crazy, do not marry into crazy.

For that matter, you have a good deal of choice regarding your children. Yes, they are their own people and are free to make their own choices, but those choices are greatly influenced by how you treat them when they are young. Do everything you can to do that part right, and the odds that you'll have an SJW blowup when they're older drop precipitously.

Blogger Ingemar March 03, 2019 12:56 PM  

SJW's are in the business of taking families hostage. It seems to me like militant homosexuals are like the secularist equivalent of Islamic jihadis, attacking people until they submit.

Blogger bobby March 03, 2019 12:59 PM  

"To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right."

As I get older, I appreciate the value of Confucius more and more.

"Putting our family in order" comes second only to putting ourselves in order. Only when we've done both can we address things on a larger scale. It was great advice.

Blogger sammibandit March 03, 2019 1:24 PM  

In my experience with shunning family members, which is considerable, it is for the patriarch or matriarch or both that shunning is done. X family member must have hurt those persons considerably and remembering them is used as an occasion to teach the kids about how and why a family member or branch is shunned.

If you frame shunning as protecting the grandparents you can turn a negative into a positive. The act of removing people from the family is seen as protecting the leaders of the family. Kids are happy to learn their grandparents are honored and grandparents are happy to learn their adult kids are safe, as are their grandkids.

If and when a shunned family member shows up it's easy to fit that incident into the greater story of shunning when it's "framed from the top" as like a carpenter hangs a door.

Blogger 1st Earl Hardwicke March 03, 2019 1:32 PM  

I do not get the SJW thing, and yet it happens in wider society. The right seems to do a similar thing with virtue signalling how tough they are. Out of the two, I think the right virtue signalling is worse, than the SJW, sometimes more subtle. All these bloody foreigners...We used to do....

@VoxDay. You being a very busy and successful man, excellently educated. Could you recommend an advice column, person or priest; ideally European, with similar morals to yourself? I don't see why Dark Lord applies. Or if someone else could recommend, an agony uncle along a similar vein, to morals expressed on the blog, much appreciated. Please and Thank You.

Blogger DonReynolds March 03, 2019 1:57 PM  

Every family is different. I realize that, so I can only say how it would turn out in my own family.

If anyone was causing drama, or disharmony, or a ruckus, or a shoving argument at a family gathering, either the matriarch or the patriarch would tell the "activist" to cool it. This is not the place for your hobby and if that is all you have to say, keep your mouth shut. Nobody is interested.

If the next word out of their mouth disregarded that admonition, which was a warning, then they would be told to get out. Leave the house and our company. If that offending word was the next week or months later, they would be told the same thing.

Hospitality is very important in my family and any family members or guests who abuse that hospitality will be ordered to leave...and they will leave before another word is said. If force is necessary, that is your choice, and there is always enough muscle to make it happen. Disregarding the matriarch or the patriarch would be an offense to everyone else.

Whether the offender chooses to return is entirely up to them. Come if you like, as long as you have not forgotten to behave yourself around the family. Most do and some never do.

Blogger jmg March 03, 2019 2:08 PM  

@line 33 ominous cowherd
eph 6:4 great, that's what I was looking for
thank you

Blogger sammibandit March 03, 2019 2:10 PM  

Disregarding the matriarch or the patriarch would be an offense to everyone else.

Exactly. And if that leader is advanced in age, or unwell, they can't exactly defend themselves. It falls on their children and married-in spouses to protect them. Sometimes from their own kids!

Blogger Damn the torpedos March 03, 2019 2:34 PM  

I’ve had first hand experiences of extended family mocking my side of the family for our dedication to Christ. Nasty stuff.

I feel no shame for avoiding them.

Blogger David The Good March 03, 2019 2:47 PM  

VD wrote:Hmph. Be careful

Don't be such a pussy. They could also pick up an axe and hit you over the head with it. Or poison your lemonade.

But they're a lot less likely to do any of that if you don't have anything to do with them. This isn't rocket science.



Most people aren't going to hunt you down actively and will just sulk or vent. Just because they are SJWs, it doesn't mean they're narcissistic sociopaths.

Blogger David The Good March 03, 2019 2:47 PM  

Damn the torpedos wrote:I’ve had first hand experiences of extended family mocking my side of the family for our dedication to Christ. Nasty stuff.

I feel no shame for avoiding them.


Good for you. Knock the dust off your sandals. Their blood is on their own head.

Blogger sammibandit March 03, 2019 2:59 PM  

Most people aren't going to hunt you down actively and will just sulk or vent. Just because they are SJWs, it doesn't mean they're narcissistic sociopaths.

Of course not. But most people don't use family gatherings to stage inquisitions with a semi-captive audience. Most people don't turn a family ritual serving tradition into an intervention style talk show. Most people don't look forward to acting this way like SJWs do. People who yell, come over uninvited, refuse to leave, threaten family members, are more likely to use physical violence than most people. Seeing SJWs as less violent than they are is a big problem.

Blogger sammibandit March 03, 2019 3:01 PM  

I forgot that they also steal.

Blogger Ann March 03, 2019 3:39 PM  

@revelation means hope: that's interesting. Feel sad for Lee. Having a father to look up to means so much but proof here that we can persevere in spite of, rather than be inspired by, if we must.

Blogger VD March 03, 2019 4:04 PM  

Seeing SJWs as less violent than they are is a big problem.

SJWs aren't violent. The whole reason they are as mouthy and conflict-seeking as they are is because no one has ever punched them in the face.

Yelling, intruding, refusing to leave, and threatening is not violent. And because you're not violent yourself, you don't understand this. The mere fact that you mention "refusing to leave" is telling, because the idea that anyone would refuse to leave my house, or my father's house, or my grandfather's house is ridiculous. The only question is if they will walk out or if they will be physically thrown out.

Blogger Dave March 03, 2019 4:32 PM  

because no one has ever punched them in the face.

Ain't that the truth. Speaking of punching are Cerno and Tom Arnold still going ahead with the charity boxing match?

Blogger johndoe03526 March 03, 2019 4:36 PM  

Stop dealing with people you don't like. Even if by accident of birth you are related to them.

Blogger Dave March 03, 2019 4:39 PM  

Feel sad for Lee.

Awww, don't feel sad. I'm sure he's over it by now.

Blogger Matt March 03, 2019 5:29 PM  

Once your immediate family starts dying, you see the fault in this way of thinking. Parents especially.

Blogger Matt March 03, 2019 5:32 PM  

"SJWs aren't violent. The whole reason they are as mouthy and conflict-seeking as they are is because no one has ever punched them in the face."

The most amusing part of the many protest videos is when they get hit for the first time and immediately run to the cops. The only thing they fear more than being punched is meeting actual Black gang members.

Blogger Matt March 03, 2019 5:32 PM  

It seems as though he ducked Cerno yet again.

Blogger Roger Hill March 03, 2019 6:17 PM  

I think it was James Dobson who said, "There is no one member of the family, who is more important than the family."

In context, the conversation was about addicted and self destructive loved ones and how loving your family members may involve separating yourself from one of them for the ultimate good of everyone.

Blogger CynicalMan March 03, 2019 6:17 PM  

@53 Matt, there is no reason why you cannot memorialize the passing of a SJW.

Blogger eclecticme March 03, 2019 6:31 PM  

Totally OT but Way of the World recently made video "How Capitalism KILLS Nations." Not as good as Vox. Gets better at 12:00 when he stops reading Lorenz.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkcRXl7QD4M

Blogger sammibandit March 03, 2019 6:39 PM  

SJWs aren't violent. The whole reason they are as mouthy and conflict-seeking as they are is because no one has ever punched them in the face.

Yelling, intruding, refusing to leave, and threatening is not violent. And because you're not violent yourself, you don't understand this. The mere fact that you mention "refusing to leave" is telling, because the idea that anyone would refuse to leave my house, or my father's house, or my grandfather's house is ridiculous. The only question is if they will walk out or if they will be physically thrown out.


When you put it that way it makes sense that what I said, which was that SJWs are violently inclined, does not make sense.

> And because you're not violent yourself, you don't understand this.

Exactly. Maybe it's because I have GOTIS (girl on the internet syndrome) but I saw those items listed are more threatening than what I thought a man might see in the same set.

Between writing the comment you replied to and reading your reply, Vox, I listened to Stefan's new presentation on an SJW in conflict with her dad. I had the opportunity to see that the SJW in that presentation was no threat whatsoever. Just a whiney loser who like you said never suffered for acting a fool. So it was a treat but no surprise to see that you assessed my comment as rightly irrational and unaware (my words for those reading along). Thanks for the opportunity to demonstrate to the commentariat how bad assessment can lead to bad conclusions and how to course correct.

Blogger sammibandit March 03, 2019 6:44 PM  

Also, since it came up just now, your no-BS advice delivery style is very much appreciated. It's great because it is frank and fair.

Blogger eclecticme March 03, 2019 6:59 PM  

I find it hard to believe that an SJW cannot simply avoid politics at family gatherings, yet it must be true. I must not get out much.

I would hope that if she is asked to leave often enough she would value the family enough to change her ways. After all, she seems to wasting her time 'enlightening' you neanderthals. ;-)

Blogger Birdman March 03, 2019 7:46 PM  

Yeah my mom does that too lol

Blogger Birdman March 03, 2019 7:50 PM  

Same, well maybe because most of my ancestors were Confucionist

Blogger Birdman March 03, 2019 7:54 PM  

Is your extended family atheist or just different religion?

Blogger bobby March 03, 2019 7:59 PM  

"SJWs aren't violent."

Dissent. From personal experience, dissent.

SJW's aren't honorably violent. They won't face you, spit in their palms, and fight.

But they will cover their faces and attack you in a pack. They will throw dangerous things at you from a ways off. They will bash your car windows with a bat. They will come up from behind and try to brain you.

They're not violent like lions. They're violent like hyenas.

Blogger Doktor Jeep March 03, 2019 9:07 PM  

It's a good thing I don't trust lemonade - or anything yellow that's just handed to me. I was in the military.

Blogger Luke (alias "Lines With Chrome") March 03, 2019 9:34 PM  

The mere fact that you mention "refusing to leave" is telling, because the idea that anyone would refuse to leave my house, or my father's house, or my grandfather's house is ridiculous. The only question is if they will walk out or if they will be physically thrown out.

As actor/comedian Tom Wilson (“Biff” from Back to the Future) told his young son who refused his mother’s directive to go brush his teeth before bed, “You WILL go. Now, do you want to walk, or do you want to FLY?”

Blogger ADS March 03, 2019 11:02 PM  

I'm the only non-pozzed member of my immediate biological family. They're not bad people, in fact they're quite genuinely good and caring individuals. My parents are Boomers poisoned by lifelong consumption of targeted propaganda and gaslighting. My siblings were rotted by SJW college programs. I was raised a good little liberal but now hold views that would surely see me excommunicated from the family. I've argued with them with rock solid dialectic which they could not dispute, but it didn't change their minds. I've tried rhetoric and they just got angry. We've settled on simply not bringing up controversial subjects in each others' company and it's tolerable.

I'm also the only believer in my family. Shaking the dust off your feet is even more bitter when it's your blood relations. The fury I hold for those responsible for clouding their minds is a red-hot ember of hate that burns in my heart.

Blogger wahr01 March 04, 2019 4:31 AM  

ADS wrote:I'm the only non-pozzed member of my immediate biological family. They're not bad people, in fact they're quite genuinely good and caring individuals. My parents are Boomers poisoned by lifelong consumption of targeted propaganda and gaslighting. My siblings were rotted by SJW college programs. I was raised a good little liberal but now hold views that would surely see me excommunicated from the family. I've argued with them with rock solid dialectic which they could not dispute, but it didn't change their minds. I've tried rhetoric and they just got angry. We've settled on simply not bringing up controversial subjects in each others' company and it's tolerable.

I'm also the only believer in my family. Shaking the dust off your feet is even more bitter when it's your blood relations. The fury I hold for those responsible for clouding their minds is a red-hot ember of hate that burns in my heart.



Same here.. The equation is much uglier when you're surrounded by these people.

I disagree with the idea they're good people, though.

Simply discuss their beliefs and they openly express bigotry against anyone not in NY, SF, or LA.
Encounter christian expression on the street and watch them openly scoff, ask them why and nothing, but they don't modify their behavior.
Show them raw footage and documents showing senior left-leaning political officials organizing political violence and Orwellian un-personing and it's dismissed as "propaganda"

These are not the habits of decent people.

Blogger God Emperor Memes March 04, 2019 4:45 AM  

Interesting. It seems as if many of us have been through similar situations with toxic family members and come to the same conclusion about cutting them out of our lives. I was discussing this recently with a friend who, due to strong cultural influences, finds it difficult to do the same to a particularly toxic member of his own family. He conceded that my view was correct and said, "A lot of people would probably be much happier if they did the same thing."
On a purely anecdotal level, for many years I had a recurring, violent dream about the toxic person in my family. Since I made the decision to excise them like the cancer they are, I have never had that dream since. (It has been several years now.)

Blogger Dirk Manly March 04, 2019 2:02 PM  

@61

"I find it hard to believe that an SJW cannot simply avoid politics at family gatherings, yet it must be true. I must not get out much. "

You must not get on the internet much, either. They've only been writing up web-pages every fall for each other on HOW to ruin Thanksgiving dinners with a leftwing monologue on the left-derp cause de jure and tip for verbally and emotionally attacking family any members who fight back with wrong-think by introducing "hate-facts" into the discussion.... for, oh what, half a decade now.

Blogger SidVic March 04, 2019 2:03 PM  

The more i think about the more i like the idea of a Vox Day advice column. Among advice columns it would certainly occupy a distinct niche. Bet it would be funny as hell too.

Blogger Dirk Manly March 04, 2019 2:20 PM  

@68

"I'm the only non-pozzed member of my immediate biological family. They're not bad people, in fact they're quite genuinely good and caring individuals."

Being pleasant to your face, while planning to later, stab you in the back in a dark room, is not the way of a good and caring person.

And anybody who is a leftist DOES, in fact, plan to stab in the back everybody who disagrees with them.

Because that's the ONLY way leftism can succeed -- the vast majority of the public can no longer be fooled into buying into leftism, because history has demonstrated that leftism is a petri-dish for unbridled theft combined with mass murder, comparable ONLY to wars of extermination and plunder. There is not a single communist country which has not experienced a Red Terror era shortly after the commies took over the government -- because that's what leftists WANT, and as soon as they get enough power to suffer little resistance, it's what they DO.

Blogger Daniel March 04, 2019 6:12 PM  

We cougth a stupid sjw feminist sister in law talking bs to my teen daugther
We called her off publicy, and we keep an eye to keep her away from my daughter in family gatherings.
Fuck her, there are plenty of succesful women in the family including my wife, so we can't let the only sjw looser to talk stupid feminist bs to my daugther

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts