ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2019 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Sunday, March 03, 2019

The end of the Avengers

It would appear someone is VERY upset at Disney, as the story for the big wrapup of the current version of the Marvel Cinematic Universe has leaked, according to Bounding Into Comics. Don't read more if you don't want to know what may, or may not, be the movie.


While creating their own Infinity Gauntlet presents challenges, they face even greater challenges in attempting to duplicate the Infinity Stones. Not only do they travel to some of the major events of the past films including Age of Ultron, Thanos discovers their plans and decides to hunt them down.

However, Doctor Strange saw this possibility and placed spells on the Time Stone that trap Thanos at the time of the first Avengers film during the Invasion of New York.

With Thanos trapped in the past and understanding the consequences of affecting the past, the Avengers continue to seek out the other Infinity Stones. They even visit the Ancient One to get their hands on the Time Stone.

They will also visit Valhalla as they seek out the Valkryie’s legion. Thor will even reunite with Odin and Frigga.

Their time traveling adventures will not be perfect. The Avengers will fail on numerous occasions forcing them to try different times to get their hands on the Infinity Stones.

The Avengers will eventually run into Captain Marvel during the third act, but her power has been significantly reduced to Thanos’ attack earlier in the movie.

Thanos will eventually confront the Avengers on Xandar. Thanos’ power is still near unstoppable. It takes all of the Avengers to hold him back while the Hulk attempts to bring back those who were wiped out by Thanos.

However, Hulk’s arm explodes before they are able to defeat Thanos. Captain America then takes control of the Infinity Gauntlet and uses it to defeat Thanos, but also bring back all of his fallen comrades and those who were wiped out by Thanos’ snap. However, his body can’t handle the power and he ends up disintegrating.

While Captain America brings back the Avengers who were wiped out by the snap, it does not appear he brings back Gamora. She supposedly remains dead.

Captain America’s sacrifice not only defeats Thanos, but it also destroys the Infinity Stones. However, with the destruction of the Infinity Stones, a cosmic entity is freed that will more than likely be the next major threat the Avengers will have to face.

The film ends with Captain America’s funeral and Tony Stark announcing his retirement.
The fact that the story involves killing off Captain America certainly gives it credibility. You know Disney wanted to do that above all else.

Labels: , ,

69 Comments:

Blogger Damn the torpedos March 03, 2019 5:07 PM  

Tbh I prefer a manly blaze of glory, his sacrificial death being the crescendo of the entire MCU, to his being cucked slowly.

Anonymous Anonymous March 03, 2019 5:07 PM  

Dont worry Vox. I am sure they will let Falcon take the mantle of Captain America. Because we need a black Captain America.

Blogger Matt March 03, 2019 5:10 PM  

Sounds not so bad. After this it's all downhill, full on sjw awfulness for the MCU.

Blogger Dave March 03, 2019 5:13 PM  

More leaks from Bob Mueller? They really left the scope of the Special Counsel far too open.

Blogger Emmanuel March 03, 2019 5:20 PM  

"Marvel Comic Universe..."

Marvel Cinematic Universe. Not a nitpick. Also, figures.

Blogger tublecane March 03, 2019 5:22 PM  

Thanos being stuck in the first Avengers movie reminds me of Back to the Future II*, where Michael J. Fox in beatnik disguise must evade bullies by climbing above Michael J. Fox onstage singing Johnny B. Goode with Chuck Berry's cousin.

In the context of time-travel storytelling it makes sense, but smacks of "Hey, remember these things you liked before?"

*Also featuring villainous Biff Tanner as a Donald Trump-like tycoon.

Blogger Emmanuel March 03, 2019 5:25 PM  

@6

Yeah, compared to some of the same kind of these cosmic stories in 616, it seems to be playing the 'greatest hits' button quite a bit, but then again, that's exactly what I expected years ago, though I will admit I expected a lot less time travel though precisely the same kind of reality warping shenanigans resurrecting characters and messing with the fabric of the universe.

Blogger Daniel Babylon March 03, 2019 5:36 PM  

What's the most masterful way to kill off a main/major character?

Blogger Iron Spartan March 03, 2019 5:36 PM  

If it goes anything like that, it will be awesome.

I have a feeling that the script will get SJW'd up, and end up being a disappointment. I want endgame to be good, because it will likely be the last MCU movie worth seeing.

Blogger Daniel March 03, 2019 5:40 PM  

What's the most masterful way to kill off a main/major character?

Put him in a Disney movie.

Blogger Silent Draco March 03, 2019 5:41 PM  

"...a cosmic entity is freed that will more than likely be the next major threat the Avengers will have to face."

I had evil thoughts, which would make Big Mouse sue in fright:

From the depths of timeless space between the galaxies, where the dimensions thin out and vanish, comes a chorus of faint howls. The Supreme Dark Lord re-materializes after an eternity of rest. He slowly twirls the pain lance called Truth-bringer, while contemplating the first subject of his millenia-long attention. The VFM are called back into this reality, sent to harry the Avengers and flush the game. The hunger after a long rest, and want to slake their thirst on the tears and fears of their prey.

Blogger Joe Smith March 03, 2019 5:43 PM  

They should have just done the original Infinity Gauntlet story line. Thanos' motivation wasn't retarded Malthusian trash back then. Except, obviously, along with Transformers, TMNT, and Star Wars, they badly wanted to destroy my childhood and the original story line was too good for that.

Anonymous Anonymous March 03, 2019 5:45 PM  

Damn the torpedos wrote:Tbh I prefer a manly blaze of glory, his sacrificial death being the crescendo of the entire MCU, to his being cucked slowly.

Agreed.

I'm quite surprised that Disney didn't turn Captain America into the most rampant of bug-seeking homosexuals. Or have him do a Luke goy-walker and manifest the Disney fantasy for the group and nation he represents by committing suicide out of guilt for some horrific distorted fake backstory they invented for his ancestors. Or, have Captain America become nihilistic, alcoholic and morbidly depressed, and losing his power. But, before he takes the final dose of Carfentanyl in a scence resembling the Midwest, have him pass on the shield to Tyrone or Super-Dyke. So many possibilities.
Maybe they're going to replace Captain America with America Chavez?
There is no doubt Thor will be replaced in due course. Wonder how long Disney's core market is going to keep rationalising Disney's contempt for them.

Blogger dvdivx March 03, 2019 5:49 PM  

Better than having Captain Marvel defeat Thanos. Wouldn't even watch the movie if that was the case. Just wonder if Disney even cares about making a profit anymore.

Blogger Silly but True March 03, 2019 5:52 PM  

Sounds like a good movie and decent point to end the MCU.

Blogger Emmanuel March 03, 2019 5:58 PM  

@12

If only there was a way to bring more attention to this comment. Even with everyone being depowered for the cheap-seats to be able to comprehend, a by the numbers, faithful adaptation of Infinity Gauntlet really would have been a lot better... even though that would have involved OG Captain Marvel, Silver Surfer, and everyone's favorite gold boy, Adam Warlock.

Blogger Rhys March 03, 2019 6:02 PM  

Sounds reasonably wholesome, but probably the beginning of the end. Two major characters being out of the picture gives them an opening to push more SJW nonsense, assuming that isn't already explicitly what the plan is.

Blogger Eli March 03, 2019 6:04 PM  

I'm guessing they are setting up for Captain America to be replaced by America Chavez. Iron Man will be replaced by Iron Heart and Thor will most likely be replaced by female Thor and the next Avengers movie can be the whole female team that Brie Larson wants to lead. Talk about a disaster. When it comes time to fund raise for any Alt Hero movies I'm sure a lot of us can't give you money fast enough with this being the competition.

Blogger SemiSpook37 March 03, 2019 6:08 PM  

Wouldn’t surprise me, as I’ve heard Evans has basically been done with Cap for a while and wants to direct (spoiler: he’s not very good at that).

I’ve also heard that this storyline is only in existence as a hedge against Captain Marvel flopping out of the gate. It’s a legitimate concern, given the backlash over The Last Jedi with Solo last year and the rumors over shutting down the comics line itself.

Well, that and the fact the label’s rebooted Captain Marvel five times...in the last SEVEN years.

Blogger Steve March 03, 2019 6:16 PM  

All of this sounds completely gay and President Trump should definitely issue an executive order making stuffing nerds in lockers great again.

(Also I bet Jeb! has Avengers pyjamas and his Aztec tree goblin wife irons creases into them.)

However, with the destruction of the Infinity Stones, a cosmic entity is freed that will more than likely be the next major threat the Avengers will have to face.

The only possible way this could be good is if the malevolent cosmic entity is called Vox-darr and his evil powers include toxic masculinity, techno music, and bullying midgets such as Joe Rogan.

Jordan Peterson to cameo as Dr. Strange's dad, Professor Weird.

Blogger Constantin March 03, 2019 6:34 PM  

This doesn't sound half-bad. A good way to give closer for the two most popular characters that were consistently getting cucked with each movie(Iron Man was cucked from the second movie, now that I think of it). And if it puts Captain Marvel in the back-burner, all the better.

I'll watch it(not in theaters, I refuse to give Disney any money) since it'll probably be the last good superhero movie. And it'll probably signal the end of the Superhero era. Which frankly is long overdue.

Anonymous Anonymous March 03, 2019 6:41 PM  

Steve wrote:All of this sounds completely gay and President Trump should definitely issue an executive order making stuffing nerds in lockers great again.

It is gay. But then reflect that for many people, these gay stories serve as their only object from which to derive a metaphysics, epistemology, and ethics - since these have all been removed from the canon and from the study of Liberal Arts and been replaced by critical theory. That's why the convergence of everything matters.

It matters that the Imperium of Man in Warhammer 40k reflects an ecclesiarchy and a military order with a faith/honour based ethos - not some faggot feminist equalitarian egalitarian fantasy. The boys who immerse in it have a whole set of symbols and metaphors by which to compare/mock our contemporary culture and find it wanting. That's why the SJW's of Slaanesh and Tzeentch are trying desperately to converge even 40k and conform it to their image.

This is why the culture wars matter. The nerds were the only people who resisted convergence. Vox knows this very well due to Gamergate. Nerd culture matters.

Blogger MadMax1861 March 03, 2019 6:43 PM  

I assume this has nothing to do with the great British TV series "The Avengers" (1961 - 1969) with Patrick Macnee as John Steed and with Diana Rigg as Emma Peel or Honor Blackman as Cathrine Gale or Linda Thorson as Tara King.

Blogger Salt March 03, 2019 6:46 PM  

Thanos could have been defeated by crossing the fem-streams but, wrong franchise.

Blogger Fuzzums Wuzzums March 03, 2019 6:50 PM  

All that snapping stuff in and out of existence. Reminds me of something: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Am7oKBD3PU

Blogger Teleros March 03, 2019 6:51 PM  

Not sure we can expect much better from Disney TBH, especially with the Captain SJMarvel stuff. I'll wait until it's out on DVD before watching - no sense in giving money to Disney after all - but I expect this'll be the last MCU outing for me.

Silent Draco wrote:From the depths of timeless space between the galaxies, where the dimensions thin out and vanish, comes a chorus of faint howls. The Supreme Dark Lord re-materializes after an eternity of rest. He slowly twirls the pain lance called Truth-bringer, while contemplating the first subject of his millenia-long attention. The VFM are called back into this reality, sent to harry the Avengers and flush the game. The hunger after a long rest, and want to slake their thirst on the tears and fears of their prey.

Another one of those movies where everyone's rooting for the "bad guy" ;) . Speaking of... remember this?

https://voxday.blogspot.com/2018/07/you-knew-marvel-would-make-me-villain.html
https://boundingintocomics.com/files/2018/07/RCO016.jpg

Blogger tz March 03, 2019 7:02 PM  

It could be worse, but SJWs aren't known for their creativity or subtlety.

Next up: Mighty Mouse, starring Mickey.

How about an oops and just end the entire universe Slaughterhouse 5 style.

On a more serious vandalism note, get a copy of the ORIGINAL Dumbo before the new vandalized version comes out.

You know something is defective and unstable when you have reboots being rebooted.

Arkhaven will win even with its most mediocre works because it will be original, not a vandalized or badly ported story Gen X remembers.

Even that, if they just could resist the temptation and redo the classics from the golden age of hollywood without the vandalism that is modernization. The Marx Brothers are new again. Abbott and Costello is another rich vein. Even the Hitchcock classics.

There was very little art produced under Communism. SJW is merely that privatized.

Blogger Steve March 03, 2019 7:05 PM  

I assume this has nothing to do with the great British TV series "The Avengers"

It's basically a shot-for-shot remake, but with funny accents and better teeth.

Nerd culture matters.

It's just so bloody overwrought. How can you read that plot summary and not feel your eyes desperately trying to escape from your skull?

In the time of Kon-farr, on the planet Echromonicon XIV, Atronoth must seek the mystical Eternity Toering in order to defeat Chin-darr, the Doom-mongler of Altair XI, who is fighting the K'larrtari Empire for control of the Magnet of Uncertainty, a legendary artifact crafted by the Q'ueeftung Continuum in order to defend the Xloforzian Ascendancy from the Space-Pirates of Betelgeuse III, who wield the awesome power of the Annihilation Pencil, stolen from the Cat-people of Earth-678, who (cont.)

I liked ANT MAN though. Ant Man was fun.

Blogger VD March 03, 2019 7:11 PM  

When it comes time to fund raise for any Alt Hero movies I'm sure a lot of us can't give you money fast enough with this being the competition.

Hold that thought....

Blogger Sean Carnegie March 03, 2019 7:12 PM  

It's just so bloody overwrought. How can you read that plot summary and not feel your eyes desperately trying to escape from your skull?

Because my cloak gives me a saving roll against Nerdism, a +5 modifier for protection against evil and +2 Constitution when more than 2 fairies are in the area.

Blogger Achilles March 03, 2019 7:25 PM  

It sounds like a shit show but at least Captain Marvel doesn't save the day. Probably Feige's last act before he gets swallowed up by #metoo and Marvel goes totally woke.

Blogger Living in a Fallen World March 03, 2019 7:35 PM  

"However, the Hulk's arm explodes before..."

Stupid arms. Always exploding and stuff.

Blogger tublecane March 03, 2019 7:38 PM  

@8- See how they handled the co-main character of the New Testament. That was pretty good.

Blogger David The Good March 03, 2019 7:50 PM  

Jo K wrote:"However, the Hulk's arm explodes before..."

Stupid arms. Always exploding and stuff.


See? They're even ripping off Hemingway. He said farewell 90 years ago.

Blogger Damn the torpedos March 03, 2019 8:21 PM  

“I'm quite surprised that Disney didn't turn Captain America into the most rampant of bug-seeking homosexuals. Or have him do a Luke goy-walker and manifest the Disney fantasy for the group and nation he represents by committing suicide out of guilt for some horrific distorted fake backstory they invented for his ancestors.”

That is the single best explanation of the cluster fuck that was the last Jedi I’ve ever seen. Thank you, it makes perfect sense now.

Deceive the guardians of truth into believing a fabrication of history that leads them to commit suicide “it’s time for the Jedi to end.” That is basically logic behind the entire white guilt agenda and lucifer’s end game for Europe and her colonies.

Blogger Don't Call Me Len March 03, 2019 8:43 PM  

forcing them to try different times to get their hands on the Infinity Stones

Times like say, Roman-era Britain where the population is 75% black, so it's by far the richest and most stable province, and theirs is the baddest legion in the whole damn Roman army and it has to rescue the Avengers from their white incompetence.

There's a lotta ways to SJ, and this summary leaves plenty of room for them to ruin it.

Blogger Eli March 03, 2019 8:44 PM  

"Hold that thought...."

This is quite the tease. Looking forward to that particular reveal.

Blogger Avalanche March 03, 2019 9:05 PM  

@20 "his Aztec tree goblin wife"

Never ran across that description before. EXTREMELY apt! I've seen some of them in local stores (here in Georgia) and wonder: how is it that africa has pygmies and SAmer has these!? Are they Denisovan leftovers?!

Blogger Jeremius Rapp March 03, 2019 9:12 PM  

Sounds an awful lot like Star Trek with all the time traveling and even killing a main character. Captain America is the new Spock!

Avengers 2: the wrath of Thanos!

Blogger Doktor Jeep March 03, 2019 9:12 PM  

Kill them all off. The world yearns for new ideas.

Blogger Steve Rodger March 03, 2019 9:28 PM  

Oh no! They are bringing black captain america to the movies!

Blogger Zaklog the Great March 03, 2019 9:37 PM  

@Unknown, yes, the stories we listen to and internalize are immensely important. Even for those of us more grounded, they shape ( or, for most modern culture, misshape) our values and moral decision-making. You must be very careful about the stories you immerse yourself in.

Anonymous Anonymous March 03, 2019 9:53 PM  

Steve Rodger wrote:Oh no! They are bringing black captain america to the movies!

Oh no - Liam Neeson is being lined up to star as T'Challa in the next Black Panther. And I think we're going to be getting Stephen Merchant playing Malcolm X in 'Afro-Golems'.

No doubt you'll have no qualms. I think it's fantastic that cis-black characters are going to be played by Trans-blacks.

Anonymous Anonymous March 03, 2019 10:12 PM  

Zaklog the Great wrote:yes, the stories we listen to and internalize are immensely important. Even for those of us more grounded, they shape ( or, for most modern culture, misshape) our values and moral decision-making. You must be very careful about the stories you immerse yourself in.

If you want to teach a child about the mystical universal Catholic Church, original sin and fallen man, Grace, Heaven and Hell, Concupiscence and corruption, divine providence, heresy and orthodoxy, vice and virtue, temptation, examination of conscience, ritual and tradition, stoicism and duty etc - just teach them about the philosophy of chaos in 40k. It's incredibly satisfying when a 6 year old is able to see Slaanesh and knows immediately that LGBTQ is a manifestation of Slaanesh - total depraved surrender to basest of appetites.

That's why the ride never ends. SJW's will try to destroy any system of thought that reveals them for what they are - even in the lowliest of places.

Everything Disney does is either 'New Poetics' - the subversion of ideologies it's ((management)) don't like or 'New historicism' - the articulation and enforcement of subversive ideologies. It's very interesting to compare old Disney versus the Disney since Jonathan Greenblatt and Terry Eagleton became influential.

Even people who have no mental models to understand the subversion of Disney know they are being subverted now. As with every aspect of our disintegrating culture, even the subversion is becoming more crude, more vulgar, more blunt.

The last Disney director who wasn't hopefully hateful towards everything good was Don Bluth - and he was kicked out of Disney because he didn't hate the goy enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWwKdejZLfE

This scene from Anastasia is Donald Bluth. This scene is impossible today. Impossible.

There is a lot of money ready and waiting for anyone willing to combat Disney's filth and burn it out of history.

Anonymous Anonymous March 03, 2019 10:21 PM  

Watch the scene where Anastasia bows in graceful deference to her father surrounded by men and women swirling and dancing in dignity and beauty, resplendent. Donald Bluth understands. All of his movies impart with exquisite subtlety that he understand what has been done to us and that all of the West is intended to be subject to the same treatment as the victims of the Holodomor.

That's what ((they)) hate so much. So very very much. The character, the intangibles of that scene.

I hope to see them removed from every civilized nation in my life-time. These vile, debased, degenerate, reprobate, disgusting usurpers, subverters and destroyers. Theirs is the culture of filth and perversion, nihilism, failure, deceit and celebration of the grotesque - all a reflection of their own interior being. We see you. The ride never ends.

Blogger Jack Amok March 03, 2019 10:46 PM  

Jordan Peterson to cameo as Dr. Strange's dad, Professor Weird.

I thought it was Professor Wacko. Or is that the name of the script writer? BTW, I really like Doom-mongler. We need a movie with a Doom-mongler in it.

Kill them all off. The world yearns for new ideas.

Agreed.

Blogger Damn the torpedos March 04, 2019 12:02 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger horsewithnonick March 04, 2019 1:40 AM  

The worst part of MCU Thanos's motivation? He bought Earth maybe 50 years before the population recovers from being halved - most other populated worlds affected will have roughly similar prospects. So, Thanos accomplished nothing, and would have known he was accomplishing nothing even as he did it.

Blogger Harambe March 04, 2019 4:48 AM  

Time Travel is always a good sign that the writers painted themselves into a corner. Unless it's traveling forward in time or the perspective is on the present with visitors from the future.

Blogger JACIII March 04, 2019 6:10 AM  

Harambe wrote:Time Travel is always a good sign that the writers painted themselves into a corner.

Or simply lack imagination and talent. For them time travel is a "head explodey" plot twist.

Be advised the Valkyrie will more resemble a pygmy gossip circle than the Swedish Bikini Team. Because chimps are beauty.


Blogger Garuna March 04, 2019 6:17 AM  

This movie will make Avatar money and will probably mark the absolute peak of the MCU. It's all downhill from here. Glad that Cap could die heroically now. Way better than watch him be degraded TLJ Luke style over the next several years as the MCU continues to converge towards total social justice.

Blogger Garuna March 04, 2019 6:22 AM  

Time Travel is always a good sign that the writers painted themselves into a corner.

It's forgivable here. The Infinity Stones have been a part of the plan from the beginning. It'd be a letdown if they didn't milk the full potential of the time stone. It'd be like introducing the Delorean in the beginning of the first Back To The Future and then never using it in the rest of the series.

Blogger Bobiojimbo March 04, 2019 6:45 AM  

Meh. I stopped watching the MCU after Spider-Man Homecoming. That movie is evil.

Blogger James Parliament March 04, 2019 7:10 AM  

Looking into Warhamner - had never heard of it, thank you for the recommendation.

Blogger Desdichado March 04, 2019 8:02 AM  

JACIII wrote:Be advised the Valkyrie will more resemble a pygmy gossip circle than the Swedish Bikini Team. Because chimps are beauty.
Well, they kinda already hinted at that during Thor: Ragnarok, although at least they tried to find a half-white girl who wasn't totally ridiculously ugly.

Like Miss Helsinki from a few years ago; that astonishingly ugly African woman who had no business even BEING in Helsinki in the first place. Although you know that's who they'd have LIKED to cast.

Blogger Musashi March 04, 2019 8:21 AM  

@45

There is iron in your words.

Blogger Damelon Brinn March 04, 2019 8:50 AM  

The thing about time travel is that you need very good writers and a strong attention to detail to keep it from becoming an incoherent, plot-hole-producing mess. Douglas Adams was that caliber of writer. The people who made "Back to the Future" had that kind of attention to detail. Nothing out of Hollywood, least of all Disney, over the past 15-20 years indicates that they have either one anymore.

Blogger Emmanuel March 04, 2019 9:12 AM  

@49 and @50

In this case, that's actually a sign that they're at least somewhat familiar with the source material of 616 in a very broad sense, because really, time travel is par for the course in these kinds of tales... just not really for the OG Infinity Gauntlet, though certainly for tales like it and it wouldn't have been out of place if that actually did happen in OG Infinity Gauntlet.

Blogger Emmanuel March 04, 2019 9:21 AM  

@54

Be warned... it's quite converged and pozzed and is not nearly as iron willed as the guys peddling it to you say it is. In fact, the entire thing is supposed to be a very mean spirited parody of the Catholic church, catholicism, and Christianity that just accidentally churned out fans who love it unironically. I mean, Games Workshop are such SJW's, not only do they have The Sisters of Battle being a thing, but they also have this:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/21/21st-may-warhammer-adventures-tales-for-younger-readersgw-homepage-post-1/

Which would normally be whatever (and in the case of a comic publisher a positive sign since they're actually trying to get into a market they've shunned for decades), but in the case of Warhammer 40k, just shows they've fallen far.

@57

Time travel's always an incoherent, plot hole inducing mess like that, even in the hands of someone who know what's they're doing since, by it's very definition, it breaks logic by leading to logical paradoxes. It's pure rule of cool and rule of fun and sometimes rule of funny without any rational justification no matter which way you slice it.

Blogger Nostromo March 04, 2019 10:03 AM  

Ahhh... Mrs. Peel. That might have been the start of my obsession for milf.

Blogger Nostromo March 04, 2019 10:08 AM  

Wakanda sez hi.

Blogger Silly but True March 04, 2019 10:47 AM  

There’s no reasonable way to capture the essence of the power of the Infinity Gauntlet much less the individual Infinity Stones. I mean, maybe Dr. Strange or Inception touched on it.

But how are you even going to effectively adapt the reality stone? The mind stone?

They did about the best as could be expected. The time stone: it’s st least got nice visual cue of film media. But Infinity Gauntlet supwr saiyan time stone? With reality stone? Thanos exists in all times and all places at once.

The origjnal source’s conceit is that it took a little bit of time gor his mortal mind to comprehend the meaning if that godhood and so gave heroes the remotest of chances.

Blogger OneWingedShark March 04, 2019 10:54 AM  

tz wrote:You know something is defective and unstable when you have reboots being rebooted.
I read an interesting theory on this: The multi-reboot is an attempt to take good, solid mythos and 'muddy the waters', diluting them and reducing their power in the present while simultaneously erasing the presence of undesirable traits within them. (e.g. Making everyone hispanic, black etc, like with the black Little Orphan Annie, erases the presence of "white people" in that story. The same occurs with good/evil and strong moral stands.)

Blogger Ingot9455 March 04, 2019 10:59 AM  

The 'greater cosmic evil' is probably some version of the Beyonder, who is generally a dumb idea although good writers have given him a good moment or two.
The Beyonder is the setup for Secret Wars which allowed ther heroes to fight but we already did that in Civil War.

Blogger Emmanuel March 04, 2019 11:07 AM  

@62

Actually, the original's conceit was that Thanos himself wanted to subconsciously lose because he knew he was scum not worthy to wield such power or some other, similar meme.

Blogger Emmanuel March 04, 2019 11:12 AM  

@62

Yes there is. Just because Hollyweird stinks at it doesn't mean you get to say something so patently false when 616 has better demonstrated the abilities of the Infinity Gems (not stones, GEMS).


@64

My first thought was some evil version of Eternity considering apparently Strange talks to him and in the MCU, apparently Eternity and a bunch of the other abstracts had a hand in the stones' creation, but The Beyonder actually makes sense knowing how the MCU writers operate.

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Eternity

After looking at that entry again, however, it might be one of the other, more evil cosmic entities.

Blogger Ingot9455 March 04, 2019 12:04 PM  

You might well be right with Eternity - didn't Ant-Man see him at the end of his first movie?

Blogger Paul, Dammit! March 04, 2019 1:08 PM  

Deus Ex Machina: The Movie.

No thanks.

Blogger Latigo3 March 04, 2019 3:11 PM  

Doesn't sound like a bad movie. A white man who happens to be an American man from the WWII era saves the day again. Not bad. I happened to re-watch Captain America: The first Avenger the other day, and I don't see how that movie could be made today. I did notice though, how even back then they bowed to SJW pressure, and had to have the black guy from Howard University and the Asian from Fresno for the Spec. Ops team.
I think it would be a fitting ending to Endgame, because up until now, only Cap and Tony Stark have been willing to give their lives in exchange for saving a massive amount of lives.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts