ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2019 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Saturday, June 29, 2019

Ben Shapiro on Jesus Christ



BS: From a Jewish point of view, where we don't believe in the divinity of Christ. There you can make an argument, that the Gospels which were written significantly-

JR: He was just a prophet.

BS: No, no, no. We don't even think he was a prophet.

JR: What do you think he was? What do you guys think he was?

BS: Well, I, I, I, what do I think he was historically? I think he was a Jew who tried to lead a revolt against the Romans and got killed for his trouble. Just like a lot of other Jews at that time who tried to lead revolts against the Romans and got killed for their trouble.

JR: So he became legend, and story, and it became a bigger and bigger deal as time went on.

BS: Yeah, he had a group of followers and that gradually grew.

JR: Do you think he was resurrected?

BS: No. That's not a Jewish belief.

JR: Okay. I just wanted to check.

BS: We're not into miracle stories, no. That's not.

JR: You don't have any miracles?

BS: Not by Jesus. There was in the Old Testament. Yeah, you've got Moses splitting the sea and all that.

JR: What do you think happened there?

BS: What do I think happened there? I'll go with my Maimonidean explanation. There was, it says in the Bible, there was a strong east wind. So there was a naturalistic explanation for a physical phenomenon.

JR: That makes sense.

BS: That's what Maimonides is constantly trying to do.


Big Bear sums up Shapiro and the so-called conservatives who are foolish enough to support him against the interests of their nation, their families, and their faith in a succinct manner: If you're a Christian and you just heard that and you ever support him again, you're a liar, you're a satanist, and you're evil.

The inescapable historical fact is that Muslims have FAR more in common with Christians than Jews do. It is considerably more accurate to talk about shared Islamo-Christian values than Judeo-Christian values. Notice that Shapiro's Maimonidean answer about Jesus Christ is very, very different than even the non-believers of Jesus's day, as well as being very different from whom we believe Jesus Christ to be.

When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?” They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?” Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven.
- Matthew 16:13-17

Labels: ,

122 Comments:

Blogger dienw June 29, 2019 9:42 AM  

Shapiro is even lying about the Talmudic position on Jesus Christ.
"Judaeo-Christianity" definition: Jesus is in Hell being boiled in a vat of feces (Talmud/Judaism); but we believe in Jesus Christ as our personal savior(Christian).

I was at the "Y" yesterday and saw a sign over the weight room desk telling us the "Y" supports Judaeo-Christian values; does that make the "Y" YMJA or YMJCA?

Blogger dienw June 29, 2019 9:46 AM  

Also behind the desk was a small sign declaring the the weight room was made possible by a local wealthy Jew; the same Jew's name is on the brand new University's multi-million fitness center.

Blogger cecilhenry June 29, 2019 9:55 AM  

I've always thought of it as clearly being the other way round.

Islam and Judaism have a lot in common. They have regularly allied historically against Christianity, are Middle Eastern religions dominated by ethnic ties to Middle Eastern tribes. Both are based on legalities and codes not God's love and immanence.

Both intend to enslave outsiders one way or another.

Both want a worldly religious utopia now, and intend to bring it about with very human ends.


Judaism rejects God for ritual, Islam is a perversion of Judaism by a militaristic tribe for world power and looting.


They are both allied against Christianity today. Nothing new here:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb_4U2UJucE&t=2s

Blogger Zaklog the Great June 29, 2019 9:58 AM  

I was never a huge fanboy, but now I'm embarrassed that I ever liked Shapiro at all. In my defense, the contrast of "don't give a damn about the browning of America" and "population transfer to preserve a Jewish Israel" turned me off him permanently. He's sickening.

Blogger JeighDi June 29, 2019 10:00 AM  

Most Christians simply can't accept the idea that Jews consider them dangerous heatherns who worship a false prophet, and view them with utter contempt. Not even things like urinating on a picture of Jesus in a TV "comedy" does the trick. Check out Real Jew News

Blogger Aeroschmidt June 29, 2019 10:09 AM  

A Muslims reverence for Jesus, is somewhere between a papists reverence for Mary and the rest of the saints.

Blogger Great White June 29, 2019 10:20 AM  

My favorite term BB has coined is "Jewciferian". Fits so well for so many occasions.

Blogger Jandolin June 29, 2019 10:36 AM  

What separates Christian/Indo European from the Jewish/Muslim/Semite is the Semitic repugnance for the incarnation.

Blogger Gastguma June 29, 2019 10:38 AM  

Even from a mere historical perspective, there is no evidence that Jesus led a revolt against the Romans. And if there's a purely naturalistic explanation for the Red Sea parting, how is it a miracle?

Blogger Azimus June 29, 2019 10:41 AM  

The fact that he concedes Jesus ever existed at all is self-defeating. All his window dressing about being "just another rebel" the Romans killed is nonsensical and self contradictory. Were the Romans in the business of hunting down groups of about a dozen men who can't be shown to have lifted a finger against Rome? And if they were, were they in the business of allowing the same rebellion to continue and flourish undisturbed for 30 years after they crucified its leader?

And of this "rebellion" itself: Jesus rebelled for what- to claim David's throne? Then why did ALL his supporters promptly leave Judea and travel through Greece, Asia Minor, possibly Spain, possibly as far as India, and to the very gates of Rome? That doesn't make a lot of sense for a Jewish politicial rebellion... How does Benny square all that with his little one-liner to the softball question?

What an intellectually dishonest jag.

Blogger pyrrhus June 29, 2019 10:45 AM  

Little Benji is certainly an ignoramus of note....

Blogger David Ray Milton June 29, 2019 10:54 AM  

How dare you go after Shapiro. How dare you go after one of our own?

And by ‘Our own,’ I mean Israel.. and war!

Blogger David Ray Milton June 29, 2019 10:54 AM  

-Adapted from the Owen Benjamin Boomer Sketch

Blogger Primus Pilus June 29, 2019 10:58 AM  

Telling that he makes up completely ahistorical smears against Christ, while accepting every single event of the Exodus as literal truth (only with "naturalistic" explanations), even though, based on what historical evidence is available to us, the Copts expelled his tribe for subversion, and weren't interested in keeping them there at all, never mind as "slaves".

Blogger Joe Smith June 29, 2019 11:01 AM  

It isn't true that Christianity has much in common with Islam. Islam attempts to take Jesus from Christianity by saying that the early Christians were liars that deliberately lied about what Jesus taught, because Jesus taught Islam and they didn't want to submit. Islam says the same thing about Judaism with regard to the Torah.

None of that has anything to do with Judeo-Christian "values", which are nonsensical. But just because Jews are trying to worm their way into the western tradition doesn't mean we should be blind to the evil that is Islam.

Blogger Silent Draco June 29, 2019 11:03 AM  

There is one thing in common, the Law. Unfortunately, all diverges there:

The Christ came to fulfill the Law and make a Second Covenant
The Jews buried the Law under 7 DMVs worth of regulation via the Talmud, and conveniently keep forgetting the First Covenant

Blogger PseudonymousMe June 29, 2019 11:06 AM  

Dude doesn’t even believe in God.

That’s why it’s called Judaïsm — ultimately they rejected the Savior and chose to believe in themselves, through whom salvation will be brought to the nations, good and hard.

Blogger camcleat June 29, 2019 11:06 AM  

Gastguma wrote:Even from a mere historical perspective, there is no evidence that Jesus led a revolt against the Romans.

Right.

If you wanted to say he was leading a revolt at all, wouldn't it be more accurate to say he was leading a revolt against the corrupt, anti-Scriptural Jewish leaders of the time?

Shapiro conveniently leaves out all the parables and texts that depict the Pharisees, et al, as the bad guys.

Blogger binks webelf June 29, 2019 11:09 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Adlow June 29, 2019 11:14 AM  

There's a whole other layer of deceit here. Jesus was explicitly against the Temple authorities, NOT against the Romans. He said "Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's." Pilate, the Roman prefect, couldn't find any reason to convict him and washed his hands of responsibility.

So why would Shapiro say something so ludicrously untrue? The likeliest explanation is sheer ignorance of the Gospels. But it might also have something to do with the conflation of the "Judeo" with the "Christian," as if to say:
"Okay, Christians, we disagree about some things about Jesus. But we can agree that he was a Jew who fought the Romans, right? The Romans persecuted the early Christians too, after all! So if you really want to emulate Christ, what's more Christian than fighting for Israel?"

Blogger Jack June 29, 2019 11:17 AM  

Jesus emphatically did not try to lead a revolt against the Romans. If he had, Pilate CERTAINLY would not have affixed "Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews" above Christ's ahead in three languages, as that would have leant some kind of legitimacy to his supposed revolt and galvanised the rebellious Jews further. Also, Pilate tried to excuse Jesus.

The Jews were against Jesus precisely because He was such a charismatic religious figure, at the very least a prophet according to biblical standards. They were deathly envious of him for His following, but what they despised most were His miracles and above all His teaching.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother June 29, 2019 11:19 AM  

I think it's fitting his initials are BS

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 29, 2019 11:23 AM  

Adlow wrote:So why would Shapiro say something so ludicrously untrue? The likeliest explanation is sheer ignorance of the Gospels. But it might also have something to do with the conflation of the "Judeo" with the "Christian," as if to say:
No, it's about excusing the Jewish collective guilt for the Crucifixion. "Hey, Jesus rebelled against Roman rule, the Romans killed Him."
Not "Jesus spoke against the Pharisees and exposed their hypocrisy and rebellion against God, so they left the Romans no choice but to crucify Him."

Blogger tantonj June 29, 2019 11:25 AM  

I agree. Except I spell it Juciferian. In one of my letters to BB I referenced the name and told him it's the best way that refer to these people as they are bit real Jews. However, he didn't get to read that part (very long letter). He said it that one video and hasn't really used it since. Unless he started using it again recently, haven't really watched his stream since I got into vox and audiobooks. Dialectic is more of my style than the rhetoric. BB is legit though

Blogger Adlow June 29, 2019 11:31 AM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:No, it's about excusing the Jewish collective guilt for the Crucifixion. "Hey, Jesus rebelled against Roman rule, the Romans killed Him."

I think you're right, but those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

Just like a lot of other Jews at that time who tried to lead revolts against the Romans and got killed for their trouble.

That sounds a lot like he's trying to create common cause between Jesus and Judean independence.

Blogger Brick Hardslab June 29, 2019 11:32 AM  

The disgusting portrayal of Jesus as a homosexual pedophile in a cartoon was what pulled the blindfold from my eyes. Now I watch for it in all popular culture

Blogger Crush Limbraw June 29, 2019 11:34 AM  

This issue addresses directly the reason I am on the net.
First - does Judaism worship the OT? The Saker does a superb job in explaining this here - https://www.unz.com/tsaker/a-crash-course-on-the-true-causes-of-anti-semitism - I only wish the Evangelicals like Pompeo and Pence would read it!
Now to the nitty gritty - until about 12-15 years ago, I was an Israel firster because I believed the same crap as DaPompandPence.
The problem is theological.
After due diligence in research, the dawn came to me which I have outlined on my website and specifically in the CAP Lessons in the separate library.
For those seriously interested, if you find something provably wrong - please let me know - so far no takers.
In my opinion, this is a major problem in the Christian community - bad theology! And it is the major impediment to restoring a Christian culture which has been lost.

Blogger Stilicho June 29, 2019 11:36 AM  

Benji wants to tikkun your olam by putting the judeo into Christian. I have more respect for Crowley who was honest about his beliefs and aims.

Blogger Azimus June 29, 2019 11:37 AM  

Joe Smith
It isn't true that Christianity has much in common with Islam.


May I suggest "Did Muhammed Exist" by Robert Spencer (not the nazi but an academic w/similar name). In it he points to some fascinating evidence and historical research that Islam may be an Arabized corruption of a Christian heresy that was banished from the Eastern Roman Empire used to unite the Squabbling Arab tribes for war. I think I got put onto it by this very blog. A very fascinating read.

That doesn't mean that current doctrines are in any way aligned, of course, or that Islam is not a net creator of unbelievable suffering all over the world, but academically, if you look for it there are shadows and phantoms of Christianity in Islam even today.

Blogger Antony June 29, 2019 11:38 AM  

In terms of ancient wisdom - in the terms of this discussion, that being biblical wisdom - I'm not a religious man, but one thing I have noticed about many "modernist" people these days is that they will talk about ancient folklore and/or religion and its value when from other cultures - for instance, a tribe of Amazonian Indians who refer to someone being "possessed by evil spirits" are given a pass with the (correct) explanation that this is their "primitive" way of describing someone with a mental health issue - although the explanation may be faulty, it is correctly regarded as a pointer to something being wrong.
However, these "modernists" will steadfastly ignore the warning signs and pattern recognition found in St Paul's Thessallonians (2;15 I think ?) about the Jews being the enemies of humanity.

Blogger Jim the Curmudgeon June 29, 2019 11:38 AM  

@15 "It isn't true that Christianity has much in common with Islam. "

Agreed in general, BUT they are more sympathetic to Jesus than the Jews are. If you have read Bruce Bawer's books, he has a couple of examples where Muslims in Scandinavia protested art gallery installations in which Jews were doing their typical thing, mocking Christ in some sort of scatological fashion. The useless Christians did nothing, but the Muslims threatened the gallery owners because Issa (Jesus) is indeed a respected figure in their religion.

Compare that to the Talmud.

Sure, Islam interpret's the role of Jesus in a very different way, and in general it differs from Christianity in many ways. However, there are a few other points of commonality. Islam is a religion of universal salvation, unlike the closed club that is Judaism. It also prohibits usury, which has been a major disadvantage for both Muslims and Christians over teh centuries.

Yes, Islam is a danger and it has no place in the west. I believe the same is true of Judaism.

Blogger John June 29, 2019 11:40 AM  

"They were deathly envious of him for His following, but what they despised most were His miracles and above all His teaching."

Jesus exposed their self-righteous evil. Some Jews repented. The rest despised Him.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan June 29, 2019 11:43 AM  

Ask the everyday ordinary Jew what he or she thinks of Judeo-Christian whatever, that will put an end to it soon enough, even amongst the cultist Christian sects.

Blogger Joel Oafsteen June 29, 2019 11:45 AM  

Benji has a hive mentality like all of the rest. I'd just like to know who pulls his strings or is it automatically written into his DNA?

Blogger Stickwick Stapers June 29, 2019 11:48 AM  

BS: Well, I, I, I, what do I think he was historically? I think he was a Jew who tried to lead a revolt against the Romans and got killed for his trouble. Just like a lot of other Jews at that time who tried to lead revolts against the Romans and got killed for their trouble.

His initials are certainly appropriate. This barely rises to the high-school-atheist level of argumentation.

BS: What do I think happened there? I'll go with my Maimonidean explanation. There was, it says in the Bible, there was a strong east wind. So there was a naturalistic explanation for a physical phenomenon.

What a weasel. He even manages to misrepresent Maimonides, who did not claim that miracles were entirely naturalistic.

In the context of Aristotelian natural philosophy (for which Maimonides had great respect), Maimonides says that God, who chose to create a world with immutable natural laws, endowed nature with the property of doing certain things at His divine command, like at the parting of the Red Sea. These miracles were to appear naturalistic -- as opposed to, say, a giant hand coming down from the sky -- to preserve the law-and-order nature of the world, but they were still miraculous.

Blogger Careless Whisper June 29, 2019 11:51 AM  

He's purposefully exploiting his listeners' ignorance of their own faith. I used to go to a Bible study at a Catholic church. You want a real sock in the gut, go to one of those and sit among the pious old church ladies and take a listen to how much they DON'T KNOW about their own faith. And then say to yourself, these are the really committed ones who would take the time to go to a Bible study in the first place.... NOBODY knows or cares what the hell they're here for...

YMMV, but my point is, Churchian boomers will listen and nod along to any voice of authority. Even when it's telling them things contrary to what they learned as freaking grade schoolers.

Blogger Careless Whisper June 29, 2019 12:02 PM  

@27

I absolutely agree. Theology really is the queen of the sciences. How you understand God and what He expects of us will inform every decision you make, every aspect of your character, everything you understand about the world and people around you. And to paraphrase Rush, those who choose not to decide one way or the other still have made their choice.

Blogger WOPR June 29, 2019 12:07 PM  

Adlow wrote:There's a whole other layer of deceit here. Jesus was explicitly against the Temple authorities, NOT against the Romans. He said "Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's." Pilate, the Roman prefect, couldn't find any reason to convict him and washed his hands of responsibility.

So why would Shapiro say something so ludicrously untrue? The likeliest explanation is sheer ignorance of the Gospels. But it might also have something to do with the conflation of the "Judeo" with the "Christian," as if to say:

"Okay, Christians, we disagree about some things about Jesus. But we can agree that he was a Jew who fought the Romans, right? The Romans persecuted the early Christians too, after all! So if you really want to emulate Christ, what's more Christian than fighting for Israel?"


He might want to explain then why the Jews helped Roman authorities prosecute Christians.

The Romans were fairly lenient to the Jews. Their consistent stubbornness and revolts is what lead the Romans to finally crush them. Pastor once pointed out that Pilate and the Jews hated each other. If you read the Gospel accounts with that in mind, you can see how Pilate knows the charges against Jesus are based on jealousy, and he just does things to annoy the Jewish leaders. It was only the fear of a riot that caused him to relent.

Blogger Mocheirge June 29, 2019 12:09 PM  

Adlow wrote:
That sounds a lot like he's trying to create common cause between Jesus and Judean independence.


Saith (((Benji and his kind))): "Greetings Fellow Freedom-loving Anti-Imperialists! We should expand Israeli and American territory to prevent Islamic imperialism! They hate our Freedom after all!"

also (((them))): "Those poor displaced Muslims! It is your duty to feed and clothe them because they have lost their homes to your bombs!"

Blogger rcocean June 29, 2019 12:18 PM  

Whatever his virtues, Shapiro is a TERRIBLE radio host. He sounds like a chipmunk and he's dull. Why is he on the air? Savage is 10x Better.

Blogger Ingot9455 June 29, 2019 12:19 PM  

For a supposed Orthodox Jew, what he's saying is absolutely nothing like what I was taught even in my lame level of Hebrew School learning.

I was taught repeatedly that from an Old Testament view, Moses was the last wonderworker. After him and due in part to him and the actions of the Jews at that time, God changed his methods and the miracles became much smaller. Until you get to the Book of Esther and the miracles are all quite intense, but very much of the 'right place, right time, isn't that fortunate' variety.

Blogger Tars Tarkas June 29, 2019 12:24 PM  

Rogan is married to a Jewess. He knows what they believe. Rogan is worse than Shapiro. At least Shapiro isn't advocating our young men get stoned everyday and abuse hallucinogenic drugs as an answer to their problems.

Unlike Shapiro, Rogan has a huge number of young white males following him and listening to his degeneracy. God I hate that guy.

Blogger Franz Lyonheart June 29, 2019 12:29 PM  

The inescapable historical fact is that Muslims have FAR more in common with Christians than Jews do. It is considerably more accurate to talk about shared Islamo-Christian values than Judeo-Christian values.

Yes. And with Islam being a heretical off-shoot of Catholicism, that's hardly surprising. A fact that first was brought to my awareness by a highly intelligent Persian Jew. Potentially interesting side note, in his opinion in today's Iran (he still has his passport), Jews and Christians are being treated better than Muslims and Christians in Israel.

Blogger Finding Logos June 29, 2019 12:31 PM  

Over a month ago I made a comedic video series using these and other related Shapiro clips.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuYwAHp7Fgw&list=PLXpdYSkL7FIa04MxjLJjl7J3aB3Prv99P

At one point, he jokes that it's possible he may be the messiah because he believes the messiah will be a man that comes as a political figure.

Blogger BastionHarm June 29, 2019 12:47 PM  

camcleat wrote:Gastguma wrote:Even from a mere historical perspective, there is no evidence that Jesus led a revolt against the Romans.

Right.

If you wanted to say he was leading a revolt at all, wouldn't it be more accurate to say he was leading a revolt against the corrupt, anti-Scriptural Jewish leaders of the time?

Shapiro conveniently leaves out all the parables and texts that depict the Pharisees, et al, as the bad guys.


Indeed. I still marvel at how these Boomer Conservatards, who go to Church every Sunday morning and claim to know the Bible, can miss (especially in John's Gospel) Jesus's constant speaking out against the Scribes and Pharisees and the frequent mention that "the Jews wanted to kill him (Christ)."

My favorite troll I play on them is to quote the passages from the Babylonian Talmud that have Jesus boiling in a pot of excrement in hell (I don't bother mentioning the parts about Mary being a whore, since, being Protestants, they could care less about Mary), tell them that these are from the Quran; watch them get all and hot and bothered about how evil Muslims are; then do the switcheroo and say, "Oops. My bad. That was from the Jewish book. Sorry."

I have been told multiple times that I was just making it up, that that's not really what the Talmud says, that I must be reading "Neo-Nazi websites", and a plethora of other cop-outs and excuses...ANYTHING for these so-called "Christians" to avoid having so much as bad thoughts about Jews (but, of course, it's ok to have bad-thoughts and wholesale blanket condemnations of Muslims though!)

Their (((programming))) runs deep. There's really not much hope at all for them at this point.

Blogger wEz June 29, 2019 12:51 PM  

Right. Also the wind was strong enough to literally part a deep sea (riiight) and yet with this same wind they weren't affected walking across it. Dokay.
I'll go with it being a supernatural act of divine God.

Blogger Gianna June 29, 2019 12:57 PM  

"No, it's about excusing the Jewish collective guilt for the Crucifixion. "

I have never understood this line of reasoning.
Is there collective guilt? I read about it frequently but I've never seen it or anything close to it and I know a lot of jews. If they have no respect for Jesus then why would they care?

I saw this clip and read it as Ben bringing Jesus down to the level of a common not-so-smart jewish criminal but using the conversation as another opportunity to promote jews. "Just like a lot of other Jews at that time who tried to lead revolts against the Romans and got killed for their trouble." Jews courageously fighting an oppressive foreign ruler just like they do now. /s

Blogger Salt June 29, 2019 12:59 PM  

Well, I, I, I, what do I think he was historically? I think he was a Jew who tried to lead a revolt against the Romans and got killed for his trouble.

How many Jews who got killed for their trouble disappeared out of a guarded tomb?

Blogger VFM #7634 June 29, 2019 1:08 PM  

"And with Islam being a heretical off-shoot of Catholicism, that's hardly surprising."

@43 Franz Lyonheart
Islam actually has more in common with Protestantism than Catholicism: the distaste for religious art and statuary, the abolishing of the priesthood and sacrifice, the abolishing of the sacraments -- Protestants (usually) keep baptism, but Islam can't have it because it invokes the Trinity.

Blogger Lazarus June 29, 2019 1:10 PM  

I think he was a Jew who tried to lead a revolt against the Romans and got killed for his trouble. Just like a lot of other Jews at that time who tried to lead revolts against the Romans and got killed for their trouble.

There were no Jewish revolts against the Romans until 30 years after the death of Jesus. Where did this guy go to school?

Blogger Unknown June 29, 2019 1:19 PM  

I wonder if it ever occurred Ben, that if Jesus was a Jew who lead a revolt against Rome, he won. Christ did in fact conquer Rome.

Blogger Legionnaire Bear June 29, 2019 1:27 PM  

Hey guys, fellow Bear here. I wanted some of you longtime Vox readers to check out my blog post on his Social sexual hierarchy. I've quickly become a big supporter of the dark lord and want to interact with fellow followers of his work.

https://westernintelligence.blogspot.com/2019/06/an-analysis-of-vox-days-male.html?m=1

Blogger FUBARwest June 29, 2019 1:42 PM  

"Render unto Carsar what is Caesar's"

What is the logic behind Jesus being a revolutionary against Rome? It's obviously a lie but what is the justification? Is there a justification?

Blogger 1LLoyd June 29, 2019 1:43 PM  

To me, this shows that just because a man has some knowledge and/or wisdom in one are, it doesn't mean he knows anything about another area. I discovered in watching the video of Shapiro and Peterson that they both are quite ignorant about the life of Jesus and the New Testament. This shows his unbelief and the lack of desire of learning.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 29, 2019 1:45 PM  

Gianna wrote:Is there collective guilt? I read about it frequently but I've never seen it or anything close to it and I know a lot of jews. If they have no respect for Jesus then why would they care?


Yes, there is collective guilt. It's what's behind their endless drive to undermine and subvert. If you've never seen it, it's because you don't care to.
Because they know He's God.

Blogger Patrick Kelly June 29, 2019 1:49 PM  

Legionnaire Bear wrote:Hey guys, fellow Bear here. I wanted some of you longtime Vox readers to check out my blog post on his Social sexual hierarchy. I've quickly become a big supporter of the dark lord and want to interact with fellow followers of his work.

https://westernintelligence.blogspot.com/2019/06/an-analysis-of-vox-days-male.html?m=1


Careful what you ask for here.

The worse thing that can happen when you "hey, look at me" with the ilk is not that they don't look, but that they do, good and hard.

Blogger Patrick Kelly June 29, 2019 1:52 PM  

BS doesn't believe in Christ Jesus because he doesn't even believe in God.

Blogger The Pitchfork Rebel June 29, 2019 2:15 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger The Pitchfork Rebel June 29, 2019 2:16 PM  

"So there was a naturalistic explanation for a physical phenomenon."

That's been offered as an explanation for the afflictions visited on the Egyptians and the parting of the Red Sea as well.

Now explain the curious convenience of the time and location for all of these natural phenomena.

He's the opposite of the X-Files: He just doesn't want to believe.

Blogger liberranter June 29, 2019 2:17 PM  

Those initials of his say it all.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother June 29, 2019 2:17 PM  

Legionnaire Bear,

Your command of the English language is poor. I counted multiple misspelled words, a lack of punctuation, and poor syntax.

The big mistake you make is the same one everyone who reads the descriptions of the various types makes. You acknowledge it's a descriptive hierarchy, but then proceed to discuss how a gamma can become an Alpha.

STOP.

It describes you. It doesn't provide a path to the top. Put down the Chutes and Ladders, and pick up the bar.

Blogger Nation-Deprived June 29, 2019 2:18 PM  

He did not see the recent post on OT links.

Blogger Glaivester June 29, 2019 2:24 PM  

The part about miracle stories is interesting... "we don't believe that Jesus performed miracles" is far different from saying "we are not into miracle stories in general."

@49:I was taught repeatedly that from an Old Testament view, Moses was the last wonderworker.

Interesting, considering that there are miracles mentioned throughout the Old Testament. Just off the top of my head: the Sun standing still for Joshua, Elijah calling out fire from Heaven, Elijah reviving a dead boy, Elijah being taken into Heaven, Shadrach Meshach and Abednego going through the fiery furnace.

Maybe Shapiro (and your teachers) were less Pharisees and more Sadducees (they only regarded the Torah as authoritative, not the Ketuvim or the Nevi'im, i.e. they only believeed Genesis through Deuteronomy)? I think the Pharisees tend to get a bit of a bad rap, as in the New Testament they had at least some redeeming features (Gamaliel, Paul/Saul's mentor, basically said that the Christians should be left alone and God would take care of it if they were false teachers) and some of them converted. It's the Sadducees who were pretty much always in the wrong.

Blogger Glaivester June 29, 2019 2:28 PM  

However, there are a few other points of commonality. Islam is a religion of universal salvation, unlike the closed club that is Judaism.

Islam is a religion of universal proselytization, unlike Judaism, which is far more ethnocentric; but Judaism and Christianity both believe in a concept of salvation (i.e. that there is something broken in the world that must be fixed - although in Christianity's case it is the individual who must be fixed and taken out of the world, not the world itself).

As I understand it, Muslims simply believe that we are trying to be good enough so that we will go to the good place when we die rather than the bad place, not that the world is inherently corrupted and that we must escape the corruption.

Blogger liberranter June 29, 2019 2:30 PM  

The YMCA doesn't support anything close to "Judeo-Christian" values and hasn't for decades.

Blogger GAHCindy June 29, 2019 2:30 PM  

"Jesus emphatically did not try to lead a revolt against the Romans. If he had, Pilate CERTAINLY would not have affixed "Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews" above Christ's ahead in three languages, as that would have leant some kind of legitimacy to his supposed revolt and galvanised the rebellious Jews further. Also, Pilate tried to excuse Jesus."

You nailed it, Jack. What happened was that the Jews tried to convince the Romans that Jesus was leading a revolt ("he called himself the king of the Jews"), but Pilate didn't fall for it, knew it was a religious matter. He tried every way he could to get out of it because he knew Jesus was an innocent man. For political reasons, he let the Jews have what they wanted, while making it clear that Jesus was no insurrectionist. Hence the sign on the cross that said "king of the Jews" that made them so angry, and still does. So the lie they told then is the lie Shapiro, and presumably all of them, are still telling today. They are very consistent in that particular lie. They revel in it.

Blogger Mark Stoval June 29, 2019 2:37 PM  

I can recall grandmother (born 1918) and my mother (born 1934) being big supporters of the Jews in Israel since something in Revelations told them that the Jews were central to God's plan. Or their Baptist preacher so convinced them.

I have noticed that as time went on, less and less did members of my family espouse this deadly belief. Are they weary of the Jews? Do the preachers mention it much less? I don't know.

I do know I never bought a bit of this heresy even as a grade school kid. Jesus returns when God wants it done. Not when some temple is built.

I see mentioned here "MPAI" a lot and it is so true. But I think "MPAM" is more to the point. Most people are morons; especially if they buy the crap the Jews are selling.


Blogger Haus frau June 29, 2019 2:38 PM  

@44 "
At one point, he jokes that it's possible he may be the messiah because he believes the messiah will be a man that comes as a political figure."

Sounds dinstinctly anti-Christ.

Blogger GAHCindy June 29, 2019 2:40 PM  

"I don't bother mentioning the parts about Mary being a whore, since, being Protestants, they could care less about Mary), "

This makes me suspect these conversations are held entirely Bern your own two ears.

Blogger Lucas June 29, 2019 2:40 PM  

Quick reminer that unbelieving jews are God's Chosen People (TM) and that denying this is the New Holocaust(TM).

Carry on.

Blogger swiftfoxmark2 June 29, 2019 2:45 PM  

Billions of people deny that Jesus is our Lord and Savior.

The Jews are the only ones who are proud of it by virtue of their race/religion.

Blogger Daniel Babylon June 29, 2019 2:52 PM  

Jews are just as much LARPers as the pagans. They have no temple, they follow only a small selection of the OT laws, and many of them don't even believe in the supernatural.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 29, 2019 3:00 PM  

Glaivester wrote:As I understand it, Muslims simply believe that we are trying to be good enough so that we will go to the good place when we die rather than the bad place, not that the world is inherently corrupted and that we must escape the corruption.
Islam is Universalist. Muslims don't believe in hell. Some of them believe in a sort of purgatory, a temporary abode where you soul is cleansed. All believe that everyone will go to heaven, and that a man's status, sexual prowess and nearness to Allah will be based on his perfect submission and courage in this life. Endless access to beautiful women is the Muslim reward for a life well lived.

Blogger CM June 29, 2019 3:25 PM  

There were no Jewish revolts against the Romans until 30 years after the death of Jesus. Where did this guy go to school?

I thought there was one squelched just after Herod the Great died (as Joseph brought Mary and Jesus to Nazareth from Egypt).

There had been several that have been part of explaining Pilate's compromise with the Jewish leaders in crucifying Jesus.

Blogger dienw June 29, 2019 3:26 PM  

Indeed. I still marvel at how these Boomer Conservatards, who go to Church every Sunday morning and claim to know the Bible, can miss (especially in John's Gospel) Jesus's constant speaking out against the Scribes and Pharisees and the frequent mention that "the Jews wanted to kill him (Christ)."

The Boomer, Gen-X, and all down the line so-called pastors have not been taught anything of serious content in seminary: the seminaries were destroyed even before the Boomers got there and the ball kept right on rolling downhill. A few years ago I had to use a taxi one day to get to work: the responding driver was a mid-twenty-something Southern white kid; he had a Koran and various related books on the dashboard; he volunteered that he was a Moslem; he said that he had been a Christian and had gone to seminary; but he dropped out because the professoriat refused to answer any of his serious questions; all they taught was superficial.

Another problem in churches is the predetermined lectionary and daily reading; add to these the use of pre-packaged sermons and it is no wonder church attendees no nothing.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother June 29, 2019 3:28 PM  

My church features a lot of doctrine and serious preaching, so I've never heard of an Old Baptist becoming a Muslim.

Blogger dienw June 29, 2019 3:28 PM  

*know*

Blogger sammibandit June 29, 2019 3:33 PM  

>What separates Christian/Indo European from the Jewish/Muslim/Semite is the Semitic repugnance for the incarnation.

I might go farther than that. Neanderthals died out last in and around Israel in many caves. Snidley may know more than I do, and I realize he's a busy man. But I don't to misspeak. With that said there's some evidence that Semites are from a completely different line of homo not related to European Cro-Magnon at all unless and until they need Cro-Magnon DNA to prevent theirs from decaying back to the mean. See Jewish ritual murder and intermarriage with Celts for more current information.

Blogger Bear Of Logos June 29, 2019 3:37 PM  

If Jesus was just a Jewish rebel then why did the Jews have him executed? What a neocon moron.

Blogger Matrick June 29, 2019 3:38 PM  

There are plenty of miracles within the Holocaust story. Bullshit ones.

Blogger sammibandit June 29, 2019 3:53 PM  

At Damascus, which I am told is known in jewish circles as the place where Cain killed Abel, St. Barbara is worshipped by Christians and muslims alike. I don't know the story too well of why Damascus is called that other than that they had a fine cloth industry there at one time.

Anyway, I've met more than a few muslims who pray from the NT and while that's anecdotal it does say something. I've met no other Christians than myself who have prayed from the Koran about Jesus. Obviously I was taught that by a Pious Muslim.

In islamic eschatology for the general audience Jesus comes back to fight the antichrist. It's taken as given Jesus is a prophet and ascended to heaven.

Blogger Robert Browning June 29, 2019 4:08 PM  

ArthurTintagel wrote:If Jesus was just a Jewish rebel then why did the Jews have him executed? What a neocon moron. Christ was the son of God and Christ was killed because he refused to fulfill the demands and expectations the Jews had for their messiah. Christ was killed because he refused to enslave human kind for the Jews as the Jews had demanded and expected of their messiah.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother June 29, 2019 4:24 PM  

Good point. Wouldn't a Jewish rebel against the Romans been a local hero, if BS is correct?

Blogger Xellos June 29, 2019 4:34 PM  

>revolt against the Romans
Yep, by communing with the poor and the sick. With tax collectors, who were the most bitter reminder of Roman power over the Jews and often regarded as traitors of their nation. A very peculiar sort of revolt.

Compare that with Bar Kochba, who had his followers cut off their pinkies to show dedication and was skinned alive together with the rabbi that proclaimed him as Messiah.

Blogger Damelon Brinn June 29, 2019 4:36 PM  

Jesus was explicitly against the Temple authorities, NOT against the Romans.

Right. One of the reasons the Jews hated Jesus and insisted on His crucifixion was that He *wasn't* leading a rebellion against the Romans. When He explained to them that He came to bring spiritual salvation instead of an earthly kingdom, that's when crowds of disciples walked away, even though they had watched Him do miracles. "This is a hard saying, who can hear it?" After that, "He would not walk in Judea, because the Jews sought to kill Him. (John 7:1)"

They still do.

Blogger tublecane June 29, 2019 6:08 PM  

@9- Presumably, Benji has to frame Jesus as a rebel against Rome in order to distract from the Sanhedrin and the mob in Jerusalem that wanted Him dead.

Blogger Don't Call Me Len June 29, 2019 6:21 PM  

Maimondies, huh? No shock that Benny is big on the fact that the Jews practically invented retconning, and he's not alone in that; witness the words of prominent British Jewish actor/playwright Steven Berkoff: "As Jews, we are so incredibly lucky to have the Talmud, to have a way of re-interpreting the Torah. So we no longer cut off hands, and slay animals, and stone women."

Or have to deal with any icky sticky moral issues, right, Steve? Just find an amenable rabbi to explain it away!

Blogger tublecane June 29, 2019 6:23 PM  

Is Maimonides someone educated Jews cite regularly? Never I was thinking, Benji's whole Jerusalem/Athens bit was redolent of Leo Strauss. To me, at least. Because Strauss was a fan of Maimonides, as well as other Aristotelians of the Middle Ages like Al-Farabi.

Anyway, I'm interested in knowing whether Maimonides is a necon guy. Meaning used by neocons, not neocon himself.

Blogger Joe June 29, 2019 6:54 PM  

"Even from a mere historical perspective, there is no evidence that Jesus led a revolt against the Romans."

That's one of the major reasons the Jews rejected Him. He wasn't a rebel; He didn't come to free them from Rome. BS comes off as a total ignoramus.

Blogger The Social Pathologist June 29, 2019 7:41 PM  

Respectful Criticism.

Leo Strauss, effectively the father of Neoconservatism, goes into significant depth about this topic. Executive summary: The Jews and the Muslims are more alike than the Christians. It's actually more correct to talk of an Islamo-Judaic tradition rather than Judeo-Christian one.

There are two books on this subject that I can highly recommend.

Leo Strauss and Anglo-American Democracy: A Conservative Critique, by Grant Havers.

and

Leo Strauss and the Conservative Movement in America, by Paul Gottfried.

The whole "Athens and Jerusalem thing" was an attempt to write out Christianity from European thought.

Peace.

Blogger Lazarus June 29, 2019 7:44 PM  

CM wrote:There were no Jewish revolts against the Romans until 30 years after the death of Jesus. Where did this guy go to school?

I thought there was one squelched just after Herod the Great died (as Joseph brought Mary and Jesus to Nazareth from Egypt).

There had been several that have been part of explaining Pilate's compromise with the Jewish leaders in crucifying Jesus.


An insurrection or rebellion is not a revolt. Barabbas was a rebel. So was James Dean. So was MLK.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 29, 2019 7:47 PM  

Leo Strauss, effectively the father of Neoconservatism, goes into significant depth about this topic.
You made one of the fundamental mistakes. The first, of course, is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia". The second is "Never believe a Jew when he's talking about Judaism."

Blogger The Social Pathologist June 29, 2019 8:01 PM  

This is Havers on Leo Strauss:

Nevertheless, Strauss's unhappiness with the Left in the Cold War period is not tantamount to a categorical rejection of all leftist or modern thought per se. As I argue for the remainder of this chapter, Strauss and his students largely agree with the traditional leftist dismissal of Christianity as an irrational influence on the political philosophy of the West. This fundamental consensus between Strauss and the Left, which has been neglected in most of the literature on Strauss, gravely affects their understanding of Anglo-American political thought. For Strauss was compelled to read out of this tradition any signs of a serious indebtedness to Christianity. Unlike the anti-democratic Far Right which often faults Christianity for its universal morality (e.g. Charity) that made democracy possible, Strauss is ultimately critical of Christianity as a foundation of Anglo-American democracy because it is not sufficiently universalist. (that is, intelligible to all human beings): it is sheer historicism to hold up one faith as a principle foundation of the West. As a result of this hermeneutical rationale, that very tradition that Strauss and his students wish to preserve as a repository of rationally accessible "eternal principles" is reinvented as a secular liberal artifice whose main inspiration is Athens, not Jerusalem.

And from the Standford Encylcopaedia of Philosophy:

Yet Strauss was not indifferent to the content of revelation and certainly not to the difference between Jewish and Christian notions of revelation. In fact, Strauss strongly criticizes what he regards as a particularly Christian view of revelation not in order to banish revelation from intellectual conversation once and for all but to suggest that modernity’s intellectual ills stem in large part from the legacy of Christian theology. Strikingly, it was on the basis of the Islamic, as opposed to the Christian, reception of classical political philosophy that Strauss turned to reconsider the meanings of philosophy, revelation, and politics. Strauss’s very attempt to move beyond modern philosophy is predicated on a distinction between the Jewish and Islamic conception of revelation on the one hand, and the Christian conception, on the other hand:

For the Christian, the sacred doctrine is revealed theology; for the Jew and the Muslim, the sacred doctrine is, at least primarily the legal interpretation of the Divine Law (talmud or fiqh). The sacred doctrine in the latter sense has, to say the least, much less in common with philosophy than the sacred doctrine in the former sense. It is ultimately for this reason that the status of philosophy was, as a matter of principle, much more precarious in Judaism and in Islam than in Christianity: in Christianity philosophy became an integral part of the officially recognized and even required training of the student of the sacred doctrine….The precarious position of philosophy in the Islamic-Jewish world guaranteed its private character and therewith its inner-freedom from supervision. The status of philosophy in the Islamic-Jewish world resembled in this respect its status in classical Greece. (PAW, pp. 18–19, 21)


Blogger Crew June 29, 2019 8:16 PM  

(((They))) seem to be working all sides of the problem of the West:

https://rightoftheright.com/media-expose-of-violent-antifa-ring-leader-joseph-chepe-alcoff-fails-to-mention-hes-a-jew/

Blogger Crew June 29, 2019 8:18 PM  

Ben Shapiro and Bull Shit have the same initials.

Who says God does not have a sense of humor?

Blogger Bobo #117 June 29, 2019 8:19 PM  

Love me some Hebes...

Blogger sammibandit June 29, 2019 8:21 PM  

If you look into alchemy you also see the intersection of islam (e.g. Alfarabi) and Christianity (e.g. Raymond Lulli, Pope John XXII). One of my favourite books which I'm sure is well read here, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds (1841) has a great section on alchemy that bears notice.

The part on Nicholas Flamel is interesting,

The great wealth of Nicholas Flamel is undoubted, as the records of several churches and hospitals in France can testify. That he practised alchymy is equally certain, as he left behind several works upon the subject. Those who knew him well, and who were incredulous about the philosopher’s stone, give a satisfactory solution of the secret of his wealth. They say that he was always a miser and a usurer; that his journey to Spain was undertaken with very different motives from those pretended by the alchymists; that, in fact, he went to collect debts due from Jews in that country to their brethren in Paris, and that he charged a commission of fully cent per cent in consideration of the difficulty of collecting and the dangers of the road; that when he possessed thousands, he lived upon almost nothing; and was the general money-lender, at enormous profits, to all the dissipated young men at the French court.

Blogger Rhys June 29, 2019 8:31 PM  

Jews are also allowed to pray in mosques, but are completely forbidden to enter a church. Halal and kosher share similarities too.

Blogger VD June 29, 2019 8:31 PM  

The whole "Athens and Jerusalem thing" was an attempt to write out Christianity from European thought.

Bingo. Which is why Ben Shapiro provided the retarded version of it recently.

Blogger Gregory the Tall June 29, 2019 8:51 PM  

BŚ, the latest representative of the Judeo-Luciferian heritage

Blogger Trump Soldier June 29, 2019 9:19 PM  

I would love to have this weasel out alone somewhere. It would be a lot of fun to here that weasel voice begging for mommy while wetting his diaper.

Blogger Trump Soldier June 29, 2019 9:23 PM  

5'7" weasel.

Blogger Trump Soldier June 29, 2019 9:27 PM  

Basically "all you Christian fools believe in a fairy tale..." - Ben Shitpilo

Blogger OvergrownHobbit June 29, 2019 9:38 PM  

@29 I have read testimonies of God sending visions of Mary and the Christ to Muslims, but none from Jews. Point to you. The (local) Rabbi here could confirm?

Meanwhile, for those inclined to take Mr. Benjamin's shiv to the cuckservatives seriously, I invite you to look up Christian Asia Minor.

Blogger James Dixon June 29, 2019 10:09 PM  

> And if there's a purely naturalistic explanation for the Red Sea parting, how is it a miracle?

The fact that it happened at exactly the time it needed to happen would be enough of a miracle by itself.

> What an intellectually dishonest jag.

Benji probably doesn't actually know all that much about Christ. Why would he?



Blogger Brick Hardslab June 29, 2019 10:11 PM  

One and a half Rogans tall.

Blogger Trump Soldier June 29, 2019 10:14 PM  

Fool doesn't believe in the Son of God but believes a strong wind parted a sea long enough for a million people to cross on the floor... my anger has subsided. The man is is a mental midget.

Blogger Trump Soldier June 29, 2019 10:18 PM  

Judas Shapiro folks... for 30 pieces of silver.

Blogger Scire June 29, 2019 11:18 PM  

His initials are literally BS! Classic!

Blogger JovianStorm June 29, 2019 11:46 PM  

The true mystery of Ben Shitzero is if his wife is a doctor or not because he's so famously tight lipped about it.

In any case, people like him exist to provide contrast for the overwhelming victory of Christ at the cross and the terror awaiting the Jew at the hand of his master Satan.

I'm sure he'll be just as popular in Hell.

Blogger emedvich June 30, 2019 12:02 AM  

Shapiro is full of BS in many ways. He expresses ideas that are the natural product of the Sadducee's of Jesus Christ's lifetime. The did not believe in the resurrection, general or otherwise, and tended to downplay miracles to the degree possible without contradicting known tradition directly. Interestingly enough, this secular minded group of Jews had their roots in the Maccabee dynasty. Judeo-Christian is technical term that was meant to describe the group of Jewish people that believed in Jesus as the Christ and participated in the celebration meal after participating in their Jewish traditions. After 90 A.D. when the Jewish establishment banished all the "Christians" from participating in synagogue and worship life, Christians became a separate entity. They retained much of the Jewish worship tradition as a basis on which they built. You can see this in the way they describe communion and worship throughout the synoptic gospels and Corinthians. The talmud is a product of this second "diaspora" and desperate attempts by the rabbis to manufacture a sense of mysticism and wisdom in the face of the obvious failure of their chosen people to recognize the messiah predicted during the first diaspora. The old testament is rife with reminders to the Hebrew people to remember their covenant with God as he has to them, and so be blessed. I would say history has proven a distinct lack of blessing for the surviving "Jewish" people. The only thing Islam has in common with Christianity is proximity. If you enjoy hodge podge Gnosticism and poor Nestorianism mixed with Arab pagan crap, then look no further.

Blogger Blacksmith Zeke June 30, 2019 1:33 AM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:Islam is Universalist. Muslims don't believe in hell. Some of them believe in a sort of purgatory, a temporary abode where you soul is cleansed. All believe that everyone will go to heaven, and that a man's status, sexual prowess and nearness to Allah will be based on his perfect submission and courage in this life. Endless access to beautiful women is the Muslim reward for a life well lived.

This is just a completely erroneous, distorted, and childish view of Islamic teachings. You really need to stop considering yourself an authority on Islam just because you had some Iranian roommates or whatever. The Islamic concept of hell is roughly equivalent to the Christian view of Hell, though there is a debate on whether or not it's eternal.

https://infogalactic.com/info/Jahannam

"One collection[25] of Quranic descriptions of hell include "rather specific indications of the tortures of the Fire": flames that crackle and roar;[26] fierce, boiling waters [27] scorching wind, and black smoke,[28] roaring and boiling as if it would burst with rage.[29] Its wretched inhabitants sigh and wail,[30] their scorched skins are constantly exchanged for new ones so that they can taste the torment anew, [31] drink festering water and though death appears on all sides they cannot die,[32] are linked together in chains of 70 cubits,[33] wearing pitch for clothing and fire on their faces,[34] have boiling water that will be poured over their heads, melting their insides as well as their skins, and hooks of iron to drag them back should they try to escape,[35] their remorseful admissions of wrongdoing and pleading for forgiveness are in vain.[36][37][38]"

Blogger S. Thermite June 30, 2019 5:13 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Shimshon June 30, 2019 5:40 AM  

According to IG (https://infogalactic.com/info/Onkelos), Onkelos lived c. 35–120.

Given that context, how much of a thing was Christianity at that time, and would there have been any reason for Onkelos to single Jesus out among many of our adversaries of the time? Summoning Titus, as the destroyer of the Second Temple is understandable. Jesus in the same time frame? Not so much.

IG acknowledges that there are other credible claims for the summoned Yeshu. Maybe Yeshu is Jesus, but given the context, I am skeptical. Not that it matters to me either way. Ben still has to go back.

"The first was his uncle Titus, who was blamed for the destruction of the Second Temple; the second was the seer Balaam, hired by Balak king of Moab to curse Israel; and the last was Yeshu, a name used for those who sought to lead Jews astray to idolatry, in particular an idolatrous former student of Rabbi Joshua ben Perachiah in the Hasmonean period as well as king Manasseh of Judah. (In later writings Yeshu is used for Jesus, but opinions differ over whether it can be understood this way in the Talmud.)"

As far as miracles and their nature, it sad that Benny is so evasive. Because none is needed. Perhaps he is an agnostic. Miracles, however, on their own, are not a basis for anything regarding our relationship with God, particularly changing it in any way. Our Bible talks about false prophets and practitioners of the dark arts.

Regarding the splitting of the Sea of Reeds, even if the proximate cause were completely natural, what are the odds of the Israelites being in exactly the right place and the right time to experience something so unprecedented? Besides the 10 plagues, which the Torah itself attests didn't affect the Jews at all. Hard to explain that naturally.

Blogger S. Thermite June 30, 2019 5:46 AM  

A "strong East wind" might be a "naturalistic explanation" for someone Shapiro's size being able to cross a mud puddle without drowning. But I don't think the Egyptians used midget slaves. We're told they were afraid of Hebrew males starting an uprising, that Moses killed an Egyptian slave master, and that Joshua saw giants but wasn't afraid.
Whatever parted the Red Sea was strong enough to allow strong men to pass, and to drown other strong men when it passed.

The best of the Israelites were brave and trusted God to fight their battles alongside them as they migrated from whence they were born. They had a cloud of smoke and fire to guide them by day and night. Now they have a sawed-off chickenhawk Never-Trump lawyer who won't emigrate and insists a "Turd Tornado" (Shapiro's words for Trump) should expend American money and blood to fight for Israel.

Milo jokingly calls Trump "Daddy," but Lil' Benji wants Trump to take the role of God in defending Israel. If he was smarter or more faithful he'd be embarrassed. What would Ezekiel or Esther think?

Blogger S. Thermite June 30, 2019 6:12 AM  

*What would Nehemiah and Esther think?

My bad...it was Nehemiah, not Ezekiel, who convinced the king of Persia to allow the re-building of the wall around Jerusalem. Regardless, both Nehemiah and Esther were able to defend the Hebrews when Persia held power without bringing in any outside human superpower. They had their faith, and Shapiro has Trump...

Blogger Damelon Brinn June 30, 2019 8:02 AM  

Benji probably doesn't actually know all that much about Christ. Why would he?

Well, he's been appointed the leading proselytizer for Judeo-Christianity. You'd think he'd know something about both halves of the hybrid faith and culture he's shopping around. How can he talk about the importance of our Judeo-Christian beliefs if he literally doesn't know what Christians believe, like something as basic as why Jesus was crucified?

Blogger Joe Smith June 30, 2019 11:04 AM  

@Azimus I am aware of Robert Spencer's work and enjoy it quite a lot. And I would acknowledge that Islam took from Christianity. My main point was that Muslims in no way believe that Jesus was the son of God. When they say they believe in Jesus, they mean as a prophet of Islam whose teachings all the Christians in the world are busily bastardizing because he taught Islam.

But again, that's in no way a defense of what Jews are doing.

Blogger Karen took the Kids June 30, 2019 12:30 PM  

Ben Shapiro has fitting initials.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 30, 2019 4:49 PM  

Damelon Brinn wrote:How can he talk about the importance of our Judeo-Christian beliefs if he literally doesn't know what Christians believe, like something as basic as why Jesus was crucified?
He knows. He's just lying.

Blogger Jew613 June 30, 2019 9:24 PM  

Jews never believed Jesus was anything but a man. This can't possibly be news to you. There are a series of very specific prophecies, which werent fulfilled. Hence the need for a second coming so Jews rejected him. While the Gemara doesnt mention Jesus, the vat of semen story is not about your Jesus, why do you expect reverence for your divinity from another religion? There isnt any such respect shown to from Christians towards Jews, Rabbis, shuls, or the religion itself.

Blogger Didaskalos July 05, 2019 3:54 AM  

How non-newsworthy is this? A Jewish talker talks Jewish talk. What IS noteworthy is that Ben will have passionate Christians on his show -- Rev. John MacArthus, no less -- and have civilized conversations with them on topics, live the divinity and resurrection of Jessus, on which they profoundly disagree. That's a standard for civilized behavior my Portland knuckleheads would do well to emulate.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts