ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2019 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Monday, July 01, 2019

The pendulum swingeth

This declining acceptance of social and sexual deviance is not surprising. The pendulum always swings back eventually.
A new study suggests that young Americans are becoming less comfortable around LGBTQ people. The data indicates either an uptick in bigotry or a blowback against “extremism” in the gay community – depending on whom you ask. The number of Americans in the 18-to-34 bracket who are comfortable interacting with LGBTQ people fell from 53% in 2017 to 45% in 2018, according to the annual Accelerating Acceptance report. That figure is down from 63% in 2016.

The findings raise serious questions about the common conception that young people are more progressive and tolerant than older generations, John Gerzema, CEO of The Harris Poll, which conducted the study on behalf of LGBTQ advocacy group GLAAD, said.
By the time the next round of wars end, deviancy will be illegal and quite possibly even a capital offense in many jurisdictions. This is not the first time in history that deviancy has been legal and widely accepted. It won't be the last. But it's clear that what for lack of a better term one might as well call Peak Gay has already passed.

In the meantime, the converged continue to celebrate deviancy. Nothing spells commitment to success like driving away your customers. After all, what is the central purpose of a bank, if not to actively support deviant behavior?
Barclays tweeted to unhappy customers: 'While homophobia, biphobia and transphobia still exists in the UK, we'll continue to actively support Pride.

Labels:

134 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous July 01, 2019 8:58 AM  

No doubt they have had enough. I have.

More and more it seems the LGBTQWERTY crew are toxic. Simply not worth the risk and drama.

Blogger Ken Prescott July 01, 2019 9:00 AM  

The love that dare not speak its name now has no idea of when to STFU.

Blogger Whitecloak July 01, 2019 9:01 AM  

Hardly a shock. How many my age were raised on the 'virtue' of tolerance/acceptance only to have those we extended the olive branch to bite our hand?

When I was a college kid I was rather 'live and let live' in this regard. I have since learned better.

Blogger Mystic On Main July 01, 2019 9:03 AM  

When was the last time the U.S. legal system saw a contraction of civil rights? I can't recall such an instance. The only example I can imagine is Roe v Wade being overturned, but in that instance we'll see most states keep it legal.I don't see it happening, particularly with gay rights.

Blogger FP July 01, 2019 9:09 AM  

Hah, biphobia. Is that like the women in dating ads that state they are bisexual but are only interested in heterosexual men?

@3 Yup. Tolerance isn't enough, acceptance isn't enough. One must promote and engage in their rainbow games.

@4 1934, 1968, 1986, 1994-2004.

Blogger tuberman July 01, 2019 9:09 AM  

Black Pigeon Speaks has had some interesting observations on various cultures doing gay festivals.

The gay activists in North America, and their followers have gone total perv, or off the edge of the abyss. Most here know that even milder gays are narcissistic fools, interested in getting off as many times as possible a day. The married gay couple that is just about each other is a propped up myth. They are also the biggest users of porn, and that's the least screwed up ones.

The activist level monsters are who are creating this blowback, and, yes, Peak Gay is here and past due for retribution.





Blogger Ominous Cowherd July 01, 2019 9:12 AM  

We used to say ``as long as they don't do it in the street and scare the horses.''

Now we see that doing it in the street and scaring everyone was their goal.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan July 01, 2019 9:13 AM  

Who would have thunk that white progs would fall out of favor in a country that celebrates being overrun by brown people who are trained to hate white people? Call me shocked.

As I wrote yesterday what is the export value for white progs? I'd say pretty friggin low if non-existent, hell the Chinese even have a specific name or so I am told for white progs and I doubt that name stands for veneration.

Blogger Mystic On Main July 01, 2019 9:18 AM  

@FP

"@4 1934, 1968, 1986, 1994-2004."

Do explain.

Blogger stevev July 01, 2019 9:23 AM  

Win!

Blogger Maniac July 01, 2019 9:24 AM  

"Have you ever done Ketamine on the couch?"

"It is MA'AM!"

'I'm a pedophile but I'm not q monster'

I think people are just fed up.

Blogger Skyler the Weird July 01, 2019 9:25 AM  

Over in the comments at the Sailor blog today even some leftists are getting tired of the debauchery. See the link @111 to the Zombietime article on the SF Folsom Street Fair if your stomach can take it. We're living in Rome and every day is Saturnalia.

Blogger CarpeOro July 01, 2019 9:32 AM  

"which conducted the study on behalf of LGBTQ advocacy group GLAAD"

Odds these percentages are shifted pro-deviant by question formulation and sample base? Or perhaps just people keeping quiet to avoid persecution for being sane in an asylum run by the insane.

Blogger VD July 01, 2019 9:38 AM  

I don't see it happening, particularly with gay rights.

That's because you think today's society will extend into the future indefinitely. It won't. It probably won't even survive another 20 years.

Blogger BastionHarm July 01, 2019 9:43 AM  

Where I work, this past month, all workers were "strongly encouraged" to display PRIDE flags in their cubicles. And, naturally, most of the lemmings gleefully complied.

Not sure WTF displaying PRIDE flags in our cubicles has f*** all-to-do with selling insurance....

I shouldn't wish for this, but I am looking forward to seeing this so-called "country" get the Sodom and Gomorrah treatment a thousand-fold.

Blogger pyrrhus July 01, 2019 9:48 AM  

How many demonic childrens' story hours, protected by police snipers, will it take to bring back witch burnings? That's the 64 dollar question....

Blogger Amy July 01, 2019 10:06 AM  

It won’t end well.

Gays buying babies to simulate family structure is not healthy. Freak flags flying just IDs the perps. They love the yellow star and the pink triangle. Affix it, so we know.

And they think this stuff just happens out of the blue.

Tolerance for bullshit only goes so far.

Blogger Dave Dave July 01, 2019 10:10 AM  

Gay tolerance will run out before oil. It will run out before the next financial disaster. If you have any gay friends, be sure to start warning them now that they won't last another 20 years, even if they survive the aids.

Blogger furor kek tonicus ( no need to be racist, Ratchets can Karen better than anybody ) July 01, 2019 10:10 AM  

in Current Year conceptualizations, both Operation Wetback and the Japanese Internment would be considered a 'contraction of civil rights'.

forced integration is also a contraction of civil rights ( via the violation of Free Association / Assembly / Speech in the 1st Amendment ), although it isn't one which any Progressive would comprehend.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd July 01, 2019 10:13 AM  

pyrrhus wrote:How many demonic childrens' story hours, protected by police snipers, will it take to bring back witch burnings?

More. Pray that it's not many more.

Blogger Joe Smith July 01, 2019 10:18 AM  

It just dawned on increasing numbers of people that the Pride sodomites are actually after our kids. They can say whatever they want, but their organized actions are always focused on corrupting our children.

Blogger John Rockwell July 01, 2019 10:27 AM  

This is the true meaning of Globohomo. Sodomite imperiaism.

Blogger Mystic On Main July 01, 2019 10:30 AM  

"That's because you think today's society will extend into the future indefinitely. It won't. It probably won't even survive another 20 years."

Here's to hoping both of us will be there to see what the outcome is...

There would need to be a complete sea change in attitude for homosexuality to "be illegal and quite possibly even a capital offense in many jurisdictions." This would largely require a good portion of millennials and Gen Z to acquire an attitude about homosexuality that does not exist currently in more than one half of one percent of these generations. It would require a return not just to religion but to a kind of fundamentalist christianity that can't be found in many places even today.

But either way, my goal is to be able to witness which of us is correct.

Blogger The Only Cigar in the Box July 01, 2019 10:31 AM  

Putting the "it's normal" tag on the psychologically damaged may have the opposite effect that was intended. Full frontal transparency may be LGBT's worst enemy.

Blogger Halvar Andersen July 01, 2019 10:41 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Damelon Brinn July 01, 2019 10:42 AM  

They've been pushing so hard lately it's like they're trying to break the pendulum off. They took decades to ease the public into homoseuxal acceptance, from the 70s to the 2000s. By the late 90s, a show like Will & Grace was possible, but they still took their time, continuing to show gays as funny guys on their best behavior and staying away from the sex stuff. Now they're trying to normalize far more disturbing freakishness almost overnight, packaging transgenderism and pedophilia together and saying swallow it or else. There's no way that can work.

Blogger IrishFarmer July 01, 2019 10:49 AM  

Okay but ask these people if they have to choose between LGBT stuff, Netflix, and iPhones or the alternative and watch that support reach near 100%

Blogger FP July 01, 2019 10:51 AM  

@9

Years in which federal gun laws have been inacted.

Blogger Damelon Brinn July 01, 2019 10:53 AM  

When was the last time the U.S. legal system saw a contraction of civil rights?

That's a pretty short span, historically. But there was Prohibition and then the undoing thereof. Gambling has been more restricted and less restricted at various times in the past. Ditto drugs. We may not think of drinking, drugging, or gambling as civil rights, but we could. They're things some individuals want to do that have negative effects on society, and the right to do them has been contracted at times. Another example could be zoning: in towns where people used to raise pigs in the back yard and burn their trash, those things are now illegal because society got sick of the smell as the population became more concentrated. Another: gun rights. I think it's safe to say there were no restrictions on gun ownership in any US state when the states were founded, so all gun restrictions are contractions of civil rights.

Blogger Hank Brown July 01, 2019 11:02 AM  

#23: Sad but true. It seems there are just as many on "the right" as the left who approve of these perverse practices. Read any comment thread when the topic comes up (including this one). The best you'll hear from most is that the trans BS has gone too far because it's interfering with their feminist daughters' athletic careers or some such. For those who can even address the topic--some will rant about "muh racial purity" regardless of the topic.

Proliferation of sodomy consistently precedes the collapse of an empire. Sodomy will probably continue to spread rampantly ("not that there's anything wrong with that...ba-a-a-a-ah!") until the USA is destroyed. And that will be a happy twofer not just for the overt leftists and SJWs.

Blogger kurt9 July 01, 2019 11:05 AM  

By the time the next round of wars end, deviancy will be illegal and quite possibly even a capital offense in many jurisdictions.

I'm not sure it will go that far. But I do think we're in for a backlash. If it does go this far, I think the trigger will be the push for acceptance of pedophilia. The pushing of transgenderism onto children and the general pushing of this stuff into the grade schools is pedophilia, pure and simple. Even social liberals like myself do not like this stuff at all. What adults do in the privacy of their own lives (like 70's through 90's) is one thing. Pushing it into the schools and onto the kids is another and a step too far. These people simpl;y don't know when to quit when you're ahead, and it will cost them in the end.

Blogger Hank Brown July 01, 2019 11:11 AM  

#27: That's another major component of the dynamic. It's in a way a microcosm of our decline.

Like the two old farmers sitting on the porch with the dog laying between them. Every minute or so the dog yelps and whimpers.
"What's wrong with yer dawg? asks the one farmer.
"He's a-layin' on a nail stickin' up through the planks," replies the other farmer."
"Well why in tarnation don't he get up and go lay down somewhere there ain't a dang nail stabbin' him?"
"Reckon he ain't uncomfortable enough yet."

Blogger Ominous Cowherd July 01, 2019 11:16 AM  

Mystic On Main wrote:There would need to be a complete sea change in attitude for homosexuality to "be illegal and quite possibly even a capital offense in many jurisdictions." This would largely require a good portion of millennials and Gen Z to acquire an attitude about homosexuality that does not exist ...

That attitude is far more common than you imagine. You obviously live in a liberal enclave.

It wouldn't take a miracle. When the young, ignorant normies find out they have been lied to, their attitudes will change hard and fast. Add in some revelations about pedophiles and corruption in high places, and

The smart perverts are already slinking back to their closets.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd July 01, 2019 11:18 AM  

kurt9 wrote:What adults do in the privacy of their own lives (like 70's through 90's) is one thing.

The idea that one's private life is immaterial to one's public life is another insane liberal lie.

Blogger Garuna July 01, 2019 11:22 AM  

The sodomites sealed their fate when they went for the kids.

Blogger Ferdinand July 01, 2019 11:24 AM  

Isn't this more because of the changing Demographics and the Latinos not being as fond of homosexuality?

Blogger mgh July 01, 2019 11:29 AM  

"less comfortable around LGBTQ" is reasonable avoidance behavior given the fear of social retribution. But I'm not seeing anyone outside of our fringe who is willing to tell them to keep their hands off the kids and act like a respectable adult in public.

Blogger AzDesertRat July 01, 2019 11:38 AM  

Several years ago I was acquaintances, through a mutual friend, with a woman who divorced her husband to "marry" a lesbian. One time, during an after hours work/social event, her "wife" got a bit tipsy and was gloating about the fact that she was able to "turn" a straight woman gay. Several of her lesbian girlfriends were attending as well (they tend to run in packs) and were gleefully whooping it up when said "wife" made this comment.
I didn't see them again for quite some time, until a few months ago when they attended a party I was also invited too. I was shocked by how unhealthy the formerly straight woman looked. It was hard to explain at the time, like a general exhaustion or malaise, mixed with misery, but looking back now I think it was spiritual sickness taking its toll. They were in the process of selling their house and moving to San Diego, because California was "more welcoming".

Blogger Kraemer July 01, 2019 11:38 AM  

They probably dont even hate gayness, they just hate the obnoxious, condescending attitudes of their deviant betters

Blogger OGRE July 01, 2019 11:39 AM  

@kurt9

What adults do in the privacy of their own lives (like 70's through 90's) is one thing.

The one leads to the other. Thats why its not and never has been "one thing." Even under some bullshit libertarian/utilitarian analysis, people being degenerate in private causes significant harm to society as a whole through declining moral standards. And the process is not nearly as slow as many seem to think.

A slippery slope may be a formal deductive fallacy, but it often makes for a pretty cogent inductive proof.

Blogger Timmy3 July 01, 2019 11:43 AM  

The Supreme Court legalized gay marriage. It will take a Constitutional amendment to reverse the court ruling. The Supreme Court is getting worse with it’s rulings. Breaking up the union is more doable than reversing a Supreme Court ruling.

Blogger peacefulposter July 01, 2019 11:47 AM  

@36 Ferdinand - Isn't this more because of the changing Demographics and the Latinos not being as fond of homosexuality?

Not to mention other immigrant groups such as the Muslims.

Blogger VD July 01, 2019 11:57 AM  

There would need to be a complete sea change in attitude for homosexuality to "be illegal and quite possibly even a capital offense in many jurisdictions."

You realize that as recently as 1973 it was considered a mental disorder, right? Now, what element of the pendulum concept do you find hard to grasp?

Blogger Stephen July 01, 2019 12:00 PM  

Helluva a year '73.
Roe v Wade.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd July 01, 2019 12:01 PM  

Ominous Cowherd wrote:When the young, ignorant normies find out they have been lied to, their attitudes will change hard and fast. Add in some revelations about pedophiles and corruption in high places, and capital punishment for perversion will be seen as necessary and proper. It will be the least we can do, not an extreme.

Blogger Nate73 July 01, 2019 12:02 PM  

@6: I remember reading a remark from a gay person who said gay marriage was completely legitimate and it's not as if gay men are just obsessed with having as many mind-blowing orgasms as possible. Then I met a few actual gay people and realized it was all lies.

Blogger Jack Amok July 01, 2019 12:03 PM  

This would largely require a good portion of millennials and Gen Z to acquire an attitude about homosexuality that does not exist currently in more than one half of one percent of these generations. It would require a return not just to religion but to a kind of fundamentalist christianity that can't be found in many places even today.

Nonsense. Christianity might be necessary for a lot of things, but being disgusted by gay behavior - especially loud, proud, bake-the-cake behavior coupled with pedos on the loose - is clearly something non-Christian societies are perfectly capable of.



Blogger Noah B. July 01, 2019 12:06 PM  

If you find yourself afflicted with tolerance, just read MPC's curriculum for advanced homophobia.

Blogger doctrev July 01, 2019 12:07 PM  

VD wrote:I don't see it happening, particularly with gay rights.

That's because you think today's society will extend into the future indefinitely. It won't. It probably won't even survive another 20 years.


Uncharacteristic optimism. If America makes it to 2024, I'll be very impressed.

Blogger Jack Amok July 01, 2019 12:18 PM  

I'm not sure it will go that far. But I do think we're in for a backlash.

I'm not sure how far it'll go either, but that's going to depend on whether there's any reservoir of compassion left. Most of the Left's victories have been based on abusing our sense of compassion for people - oh, these poor gays just want to live a normal life and not have to keep their love secret! oh, these poor immigrants just want to escape their oppressive homeland! Oh, these poor women have been abused and need protection...

At every turn though, our compassion has been met by scorn and contempt from the people receiving it. All that's left protecting these groups now is the Outrage Mob firewall. When the Mob loses it's ability to intimidate, it'll be free fall after that. The pendulum will swing back until memories of "bake-the-cake" and pedowood fade.

Blogger sammibandit July 01, 2019 12:19 PM  

I spent many years as a young person beating up gay bashers. I've always had lots of gay friends. Don't know why. I figure I just ping them as someone who isn't going to weird them out.

Lots of my gay friends were molested/beaten as kids. Unless you are in "alternative" circles, you have no idea how common it is that millennials were molested. The first Gay Straight Alliances had no adults and were just arty kids hanging out in the food court talking about what to do if they were kicked out or beaten when they got home. Think of faggorty as a rebellion against boomers and it makes perfect sense. Now boomers want to bring that shite to kids who also had no choice in their perverted effort to cover up past misdeeds.

And I'm not a social liberal. I just have incredibly hard feelings about protecting people who are broken as children.

Bella Thorne from yesterday works well in this thread. Lots of her fans are people who were molested and are now sexual deviants. She's into girls and into polyamory. I know from seeing it that a person isn't into those things for kicks at age 21. Her fans know this to.

Blogger sammibandit July 01, 2019 12:21 PM  

Gunnar, get the peat bog.

Blogger Mystic On Main July 01, 2019 12:26 PM  

"Ditto drugs. We may not think of drinking, drugging, or gambling as civil rights, but we could. They're things some individuals want to do that have negative effects on society, and the right to do them has been contracted at times."

Yes, to this. Prohibition is great example I didn't recall. That said, I think it's clear that where civil rights are concerned, and yes drinking could as you say be considered such, there is a clear (upward?) trajectory, with the occasional blip here and there.

Blogger M Cephas July 01, 2019 12:27 PM  

"becoming less comfortable around LGBTQ people"

That's a very polite and mild way of putting it.

Blogger Whitecloak July 01, 2019 12:28 PM  

@53 It depends entirely on how you define it. Every 'expansion' has been paired with a commiserate loss. The more the left's atomized hedonism expands, the more ground is lost to escape or resist it. Can we speak freely in the same public square that they have orgies in? Can we build communities for our own kind the way they build 'gayborhoods' or single ethnic neighborhoods?

We haven't gained rights, we've lost them, quite a bit, since WW2.

Blogger Jack Amok July 01, 2019 12:29 PM  

A slippery slope may be a formal deductive fallacy, but it often makes for a pretty cogent inductive proof.

Very true. With so many of our problems - gay rights, immigration, tax levels, feminism, multiculturalism - you could draw a line, probably somewhere in the 70's, 80's or 90's, and say "we can survive this level of dysfunction." And that would be true - IF that dysfunction remained at that level.

But they don't. We're all flawed and have our private failings - when those failings are not publicly acceptable, we try to overcome them. For fundamentally good people, it's an incentive and a reminder - if you wouldn't want the public to know, maybe you shouldn't do it. But even for fundamentally bad people, it's a check on their ability to do harm if they have to take precautions.

We live in a dynamic world full of linear thinkers though. It's okay to change this one thing, everything else will stay exactly the same...

Blogger OneWingedShark July 01, 2019 12:31 PM  

Nate73 wrote:Then I met a few actual gay people and realized it was all lies.
The few gay people I know seem to me to be absolutely starved for love, and I don't mean erotic-love but the goodwill-/charity-love — it's honestly heartbreaking.

I think there's also a big Catch-22 situation: homosexuality degrades male-friendship, because it's abhorrent and healthy men want nothing to do with it, which helps add to isolation/loneliness, which can lead to love-starvation… which is a prime target for homosexuals.

Blogger Scott Alfter July 01, 2019 12:32 PM  

>the Chinese even have a specific name or so I am told for white progs

白左 (baizuo)...cribbing from https://infogalactic.com/info/Baizuo:

"Baizuo is a derogatory Chinese neologism used to refer to Western leftist liberal elites. It refers to the left faction in the culture wars in Western politics, implying support of multiculturalism, political correctness and positive discrimination. In more than 400 answers submitted by Zhihu users during 2015 to May 2017, the term is defined as referring to those who are hypocritically 'obsessed with political correctness' in order to 'satisfy their own feeling of moral superiority' motivated from an 'ignorant and arrogant' Western-centric worldview who 'pity the rest of the world and think they are saviours.'"

Blogger Mystic On Main July 01, 2019 12:32 PM  

"You realize that as recently as 1973 it was considered a mental disorder, right? Now, what element of the pendulum concept do you find hard to grasp?"

I understand the pendulum concept. But after 45 years, now we have homosexuality written out of the psych literature as a mental disorder and there seems to be no move to put it back in as such. Moreover, transgenderism is or soon will not be considered a disorder either.

I just don't see any evidence that the pendulum is stoping its movement where civil rights are concerned. Sometimes we get a blip, but it appears to always be overcome.

Blogger Jeroth July 01, 2019 12:44 PM  

There will come a June that will be the last June that sodomy is ever celebrated. I hope I'm around to see that happen.

Blogger sammibandit July 01, 2019 12:45 PM  

The few gay people I know seem to me to be absolutely starved for love, and I don't mean erotic-love but the goodwill-/charity-love — it's honestly heartbreaking.

Bingo. And there comes a point where you aren't able to provide it. They need love like a child needs love and that's not something an adult with their own kids can give. Obviously, most don't want to either. Boomers don't tell young gays how lonely life is post age 25.

I think there's also a big Catch-22 situation: homosexuality degrades male-friendship, because it's abhorrent and healthy men want nothing to do with it, which helps add to isolation/loneliness, which can lead to love-starvation… which is a prime target for homosexuals.

Bingo again.

I'll tell a silly story. There's a YouTube creator Pewds sometimes sticks up for that is a 17 year old gay dude. Pewds sticks up for him because Pewds is very Swedish and has a lot of heart. He also knows what it's like to be a weird kid.

This 17 year old is getting dragged by grown ass adults over twice his age for joking he's into straight dudes. These people used to be his friends. All these people who drag him are lying because every one in the gay community knows gays like straight dudes. It's part of their illness. They're attacking a teenager because he's too young, dumb, and so on to keep his mouth shut like they do.

Blogger Jack Amok July 01, 2019 12:56 PM  

I understand the pendulum concept.

No, you don't. You believe - or perhaps your job is to get us to believe - only in the ratchet concept. A win for the Left is a win forever, while a win for the Right is up for negotiation tomorrow.

Sorry, that game is coming to an end. If something can be written out of the DSM, it can also be written back in to the DSM. If the courts can be packed with activist lefties, they can be un-packed as well.

All it takes is will, which you are busy trying to undermine. Are you conflicted yourself? Or just an enemy agent?

Blogger pdwalker July 01, 2019 12:56 PM  

warning: demonic transgenders at kids library for “reading hour”. highly disturbing

https://twitter.com/banboschforever/status/1144249431207944193

what will it take to stop this madness?

Blogger sammibandit July 01, 2019 12:58 PM  

I just don't see any evidence that the pendulum is stoping its movement where civil rights are concerned. Sometimes we get a blip, but it appears to always be overcome.

You're not looking hard enough. Big Gay is funded by telecoms and banks. Look at your local Pride. I guarantee it's a bank/telecom ad. Convergence is a sign of the pendulum going too far before it returns.

Now with regards to the freaks who bring babes in arms to Gay Karnival for front row seats. Those people are degenerate. Do you expect the gay not to be degenerate? No. But you expect the parent and grandparent not to be degenetate. Pride now has mostly straights attending it. More pendulum swinging.

Blogger kurt9 July 01, 2019 12:59 PM  

pdwalker wrote:warning: demonic transgenders at kids library for “reading hour”. highly disturbing

https://twitter.com/banboschforever/status/1144249431207944193

what will it take to stop this madness?


This is my point. If Vox's predictions come to pass, it will be this kind of stuff that triggers it.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash July 01, 2019 1:10 PM  

Mystic On Main wrote:When was the last time the U.S. legal system saw a contraction of civil rights? I can't recall such an instance.
Freedom of speech, freedom of associationa and freedom of religion are all civil rights. All have been restricted over the last couple of decades, and the bills and momentum are in place to restricted them even more.

At-will divorce, abortion, equal opportunity mandates, sodomy, gay "marriage", TransLiberation and Drag Queen Story Hour are not civil rights, but they are being extended at the expense of your actual rights.

Every restriction of your liberty is and will be framed as an extension of your liberty. This is America.

Blogger Stephen July 01, 2019 1:21 PM  

But you expect the parent and grandparent not to be degenetate.
Ever think to apply that reasoning to Boomers?
Boomers didn't decide Roe v Wade nor did they alter the DSM.
Brokaw's Greatest Generation are widely known (outside this environment to be sure) for their Permissive Parenting. That generation, having suffered as they did, also were pendulum swinging.
Perspective.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd July 01, 2019 1:22 PM  

OGRE wrote:A slippery slope may be a formal deductive fallacy, but it often makes for a pretty cogent inductive proof.

Where did this crap about ``slippery slope is a logical fallacy'' get started? The slippery slope argument is the argument that there is no clear dividing line between two states, so once you accept one of those states, you will wind up in the other. It's not a syllogism, it's a proposition, a statement of fact. It might be wrong, but it's not illogical.

Pretty much every slippery slope argument we have heard has turned out to be a correct statement of fact.

Blogger sammibandit July 01, 2019 1:24 PM  

The big restriction at hand is enshrined in the Nuremberg Code: The right to informed consent. It's item one in the code because all other items flow from it. In minors the right passes to the parent to provide consent.

Your local Education and School Acts likely have language about informed consent for parents right at the top. Mine do. All things flow from this in the post 1948 world. Make no mistake. Your kids are "human subjects" for experimental purposes. This is the right that so many degenerates bandy on about and you know they don't care. They legit think minors can consent. Read The Last Closet. Then say you don't know what's going on. Boomers, man.

Forced Gay Straight Alliances in school abrogate this right. They legislate conspiracy in the schools with clubs staffed by "volunteers". Parents now find out months or years later that their kid is on a course of sterilizing hormones.

Blogger VD July 01, 2019 1:26 PM  

I just don't see any evidence that the pendulum is stoping its movement where civil rights are concerned. Sometimes we get a blip, but it appears to always be overcome.

You're the societal equivalent of the investors who believe the stock market only goes up because they've never seen a bear market. We're just barely past peak social mood. You cannot fathom what the trough is going to look like. Neither, for that matter, can I.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd July 01, 2019 1:27 PM  

OneWingedShark wrote:The few gay people I know seem to me to be absolutely starved for love, and I don't mean erotic-love but the goodwill-/charity-love — it's honestly heartbreaking.

Queer is an accurate description. Gay is not. There is a reason the queers suicide so often, and that reason is not the straights.

Blogger Doktor Jeep July 01, 2019 1:28 PM  

I hope it's not just "ban gay parades". A lot has to go. Birth Control. Abortion. Porn. Television.

Blogger sammibandit July 01, 2019 1:36 PM  

Ever think to apply that reasoning to Boomers?
Boomers didn't decide Roe v Wade nor did they alter the DSM.
Brokaw's Greatest Generation are widely known (outside this environment to be sure) for their Permissive Parenting. That generation, having suffered as they did, also were pendulum swinging.
Perspective.


Boomers didn't do a lot of things. That's the point. When Roe V Wade came down the oldest Boomers were 27. You've had decades and decades to say "no, enough." But you didn't and you're sore that we can look you in the eyes and say "look what you did to us". Go watch another satanic Marilyn Monroe flick and drink your lukewarm spring water. Just get out of our way.

No one here will feel sorry for you. You know as well as I do that Boomers weren't raised to be degenetate. You taught yourselves. Then you cast Gen X and Millennials in your own image. And monsters always hate their creators. Don't you read Prussian authors?

You want young people to feel bad for you? Quit passing the buck. Meanwhile we're pulling our kids into homeschooling.

Blogger Gregory the Tall July 01, 2019 1:39 PM  

The sin the natural law has no punishment for has yet to be invented.

Blogger Miguel July 01, 2019 1:49 PM  

When you see sodomites dressed as demons reading to children, you know normal people will revolt.

Blogger Amy July 01, 2019 1:54 PM  

The Local Normie Brigades are not gonna take it anymore: https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/2019/06/nj-library-planned-a-drag-queen-story-hour-then-came-2-days-of-nonstop-phone-calls.html

Bravo!

Blogger ChicagoFire July 01, 2019 2:07 PM  

This was discussed a couple days ago on Roosh's forum Vox! You're losing your edge (haha)!

https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-48360-post-1995900.html#pid1995900

Contrarian opinion: This will take time people, the decline in support through polls doesn't mean much. Over here in Chicago there were plenty of young people with glitter and all that jazz on public transportation yesterday.

Don't get me wrong if we are due for the pendulum more power to the people. As per another member:

"I can vouch for that. I’ve had acquaintances who were mostly OK with LGTBQWERTY right up until the moment they attended a pride parade.

The experience was horrifying and they’re now dramatically more “homophobic” than even most of this board is."

https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-48360-post-1996022.html#pid1996022

Blogger Leoric July 01, 2019 2:14 PM  

It really is all about the social mood. In Russia an art school associated with the left did a performance at a youth festival where girls were making out with girls and boys with boys. The reaction by people was immediate. The people who are responsible for this are being called out and it may even result in jail sentences.

Hopefully with all this talk of pendulum swinging we don't get a gay Russia.

Also evil is relentless. You smack it down it pops back up. Never tire my friends.

Blogger Jeffrey Johnson July 01, 2019 2:19 PM  

The rank and file American people are rapidly turning against the homosexual movement. It was one thing 10 years ago to say that you didn't care about their lifestyle as long they kept things private. Now they force you to watch and support their worst behaviors. The average American now has to suffer that poor abuse victim drag queen kid on national TV and when they see it they say to themselves, "I'm not letting these people anywhere near my kids."

The gays and their bankster and big corporate supporters have forced the American people to choose sides in the matter and even the average crappy American parent isn't going to turn their children over to the gays. I fully expect over the next 10 to 20 years for regular Americans to completely avoid homosexuals and have all kinds of ways to keep the gays away because Americans just aren't going to allow their kids to be abused by some weirdo drag queen.

Blogger Barbarossa July 01, 2019 2:22 PM  

Can we all take a tangible step in helping to push the pendulum back by not using euphemisms to describe this perversion? It's homosexuality. Period. It's not a 'Pride' event; it's a gathering of homosexuals. They might be gay, but whether they're happy or not is tangential to the point that they're homosexuals. I revel in watching my acquaintances wince as I say 'homosexual' over and over again whenever this topic comes up. I never say 'sodomite' or 'rump-wrangler' or 'perv'. Just homosexual. Conversely I never describe myself as 'straight'. I don't use the enemy's terminology.

Regain the language and other good things will accrue.

Blogger VD July 01, 2019 2:38 PM  

“People who oppose it can choose to stay home,” she continued, “but no one should be able to take this choice away from other families just because they don’t want it for their own.”

I'm sure she'll be just fine with "Make Slavery Great Again" story hour, followed by "Gas the Kikes" story hour. No one should be able to take these choices away from other families just because they don't want it for their own, right?

Lies piled on more lies washed down by lies.

Blogger Damelon Brinn July 01, 2019 2:42 PM  

Isn't this more because of the changing Demographics

Maybe partly. But I'm also seeing white Zoomers saying things like, "I never had a problem with gays, but then I made a joke about a Marvel character and a bunch of them called me a Nazi and got my gaming stream shut down...." It has to start somewhere.

I don't think human nature changes, certainly not in a generation or two. When I was young in the 70s and 80s, we certainly didn't know any gays, at least none that admitted it, but every boy innately considered the idea gross. "Fag" was fighting words on the playground. So I don't believe today's young people are really that cool with it. I think they've been indoctrinated into thinking they *should* be cool with it, and taught that to say otherwise is dangerous. When that restraint is lifted, the aversion and insults come back out in a hurry.

Blogger Crew July 01, 2019 2:43 PM  

But, but, but! The NY Slimes tells us that the HPV vaccine is working so there is no need to be worried about sexual promiscuity ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/27/health/hpv-vaccine-warts-cancer.html

Blogger Amy July 01, 2019 2:43 PM  

Vox, that whole “stay home if you don’t like it” was the sole argument offered by defenders.

They use that for everything. Don’t like abortion? Don’t have one. They say “I have science, you have bias.” But they’ll say conversion therapy for gays is harmful, so it must be outlawed.

Don’t like conversion therapy? Don’t get it.

Wow it works both ways.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd July 01, 2019 2:44 PM  

Jeffrey Johnson wrote:The gays and their bankster and big corporate supporters have forced the American people to choose sides in the matter ...

That was a huge mistake. As long as folks didn't have to openly side with evil, they could be content to do nothing. Once ``do nothing'' is taken off the table, many normies refuse to be openly evil.

Barbarossa wrote:Can we all take a tangible step in helping to push the pendulum back by not using euphemisms to describe this perversion?

Regain the language and other good things will accrue.


Very true.

Blogger sammibandit July 01, 2019 2:47 PM  

Bit OT, but it's about "intersectionality" and how stubborn white women are, even lesbians.

This year Pride was cancelled by the org committee because Black Lives Matter tried to take over the parade. Afaik it isn't coming back. Hurrah.

The committee is staffed by mostly white lesbians. I gotta laugh at the image of black men telling white women what to do and expecting anything other than "no, do it yourselves". Really bad optics on the part of BLM here.

Blogger Jeroth July 01, 2019 2:57 PM  

@80 I agree with you on never using "pride" or even "gay", but why the avoidance of using "sodomy"?

Blogger sammibandit July 01, 2019 3:03 PM  

Vox, that whole “stay home if you don’t like it” was the sole argument offered by defenders.

I've used the following argument on everything from watching kids beaten by adults in public to watching a loser shoot a snot rocket. If I have to see it, it is my business. Once it's my business I don't stop. If I have to see evidence of it being done behind closed doors in public, like bruises or a kid refusing to wear shorts in summer, it is my business. But I come from a communal ethnicity where drawing attention to yourself is very embarrassing for all involved. Better to draw attention to yourself doing the right thing since the good must be seen to be done to be good. Ymmv depending on your temperament.

Blogger McJibblits July 01, 2019 3:05 PM  

Some people on r/stupidpol are starting to wake up, but it's a long journey for them.

Blogger Barbarossa July 01, 2019 3:26 PM  

@87 In my experience, a lot of people have no idea what a sodomite is and have never heard the term buggery. If you say pederasty they think you just got your toenails done. I like to keep it simple and focused, but that's me. However, sodomy is definitely NOT a euphemism. Proceed.

Blogger Solon July 01, 2019 3:34 PM  

@80

"Sodomite" is not a euphemism. That's exactly what they do: sodomy. It's also good rhetoric. If you call them sodomites and say it with a sneer of disgust/disdain, they get the full brunt of the rhetorical AND dialectic assault.

In many ways, "homosexual" has been watered down into a euphemism for "two people of the same sex that love each other, love is love man, why don't you want two people to love each other?"

Just call them sodomites. It's accurate, and it brings to mind, vividly, the image of what their entire lifestyle has become about: something to be disgusted by and shunned.

"Homosexual" just doesn't have the bite that it did pre-80s. It lets normies imagine two dudes that just happen to like glitter and the color pink. That's NOT the whole picture.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother July 01, 2019 3:40 PM  

Faggots 1990: We just want to be left alone!

Faggots 2019: With your children!

Blogger Solon July 01, 2019 3:43 PM  

@88

That's an... Unusual community belief, that "the good must be seen being done to be good." That's on par with "falsehoods have consequences, that's why they're false." (Paging Dr. Peterson!)

In my community, good is good, regardless of whether anyone witnesses it. Adopting a shelter puppy should be done purely for the fact that you're saving a helpless animal from euthanasia.

The problem is when people in society do that, not to help the animal, but to gain social media brownie points: "look at me! I help animals! I'm such a good person!"

Your community strikes me as extremely vulnerable to virtue signalling. Unless that's not what you meant and I'm misreading things?

As you said, ymmv I suppose.

Blogger Gregory the Tall July 01, 2019 3:46 PM  

Two sins, "Pride" and "Sodomy" do not add up to create one virtue.

Blogger weka July 01, 2019 3:50 PM  

Steve's been doing that for years. But the woke won't liaten. Current thing in NZ is the rainbow tick. To be avoides

Blogger Duke Norfolk July 01, 2019 4:01 PM  

Jeroth wrote:I agree with you on never using "pride" or even "gay", but why the avoidance of using "sodomy"?

Yep, make them think about the abhorrent and deviant act that these men engage in. Sure it's a shocking word these days, but a bit of shock treatment is needed.

Blogger OGRE July 01, 2019 4:35 PM  

@68 Ominous Cowherd

Where did this crap about ``slippery slope is a logical fallacy'' get started?

Most presentations of a slippery slope style argument would not make for a valid argument form; hence its a formal fallacy in most instances. It can however be presented in a valid form sufficient to sustain a sound deductive argument.

Your point is correct however, that it--as well as several other types of fallacies, mostly informal ones--have been presented over the past few years as meriting an automatic defeat on all grounds. As if merely uttering the name of the fallacy magically conjures a complete and total victory, even if it doesn't even apply! Slippery slope, straw man, no true scotsman, ad hominem, special pleading...these get tossed around so much with little regard for their actual applicability. I think it goes back to the New Atheist movement in the early days of youtube, you know, the fedora wearing RationalWiki adherents. They memorized a list of fallacies and shout them out anytime something remotely resembles one.

It's not a syllogism, it's a proposition, a statement of fact.

Every argument form can be reduced into a single conditional proposition. (If A and B and C and D are all true, then E must be true) is a single proposition that encapsulates all the propositions of a single argument in which A, B, C, and D are the premises and E is the conclusion. Its actually quite helpful to bear that in mind, that all formal arguments can be reduced into a single condition proposition, for the truth value of the conditional proposition determines the validity of the complete argument's form.

But slippery slope arguments are typically cast as a series of interrelated conditional propositions. If A then B, if B then C, if C then...Z. When presented completely and properly this way theres no formal fallacy, but most presentations omit the complete chain, relying on unstated, unsupported, or implied conditionals.

You are absolutely correct though that far too many claims have been ignored for being 'slippery slopes' which have subsequently been proven to be very insightful predictions, to the point where we should probably consider a claim being labelled a slippery slope as one to which we should give extra credence.

Blogger James Dixon July 01, 2019 4:46 PM  

> There would need to be a complete sea change in attitude for homosexuality to "be illegal and quite possibly even a capital offense in many jurisdictions."

You mistake tolerance for support.

> Now they're trying to normalize far more disturbing freakishness almost overnight, packaging transgenderism and pedophilia together and saying swallow it or else. There's no way that can work.

When Obama won and then won re-election, they thought they had won completely, that there would never again be a challenge to their power. So they thought it was safe to start ramming everything through as quickly as possible.

> Isn't this more because of the changing Demographics and the Latinos not being as fond of homosexuality?

Was the survey in Spanish?

> The Supreme Court legalized gay marriage. It will take a Constitutional amendment to reverse the court ruling.

That would be incorrect. The Supreme Court has reversed itself several times.

> I'm not sure how far it'll go either, but that's going to depend on whether there's any reservoir of compassion left.

Compassion for those who have already demonstrated they want me and mine dead? Not hardly.

> But after 45 years, now we have homosexuality written out of the psych literature as a mental disorder and there seems to be no move to put it back in as such.

Academia is downward of the culture, and in this case has been infiltrated by enemies of Western Civilization. It will change.

> The Local Normie Brigades are not gonna take it anymore: https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/2019/06/nj-library-planned-a-drag-queen-story-hour-then-came-2-days-of-nonstop-phone-calls.html

Libraries in most places are funded by local taxes. Drag queen story hour at the local library? Guess what's going to happen the next time that particular item comes up for a vote. The folks running the library know this.

Blogger weka July 01, 2019 4:47 PM  

Seen the country almost go bankrupt in my 20s. Expect a lot of one way trips to the back paddock with an old firearm or a rope.

My sister knocked on 700 employers before she was hired then that firm closed.

Keep family. The state will fail.

Blogger Robert Pinkerton July 01, 2019 4:52 PM  

I encountered the word "homosexuality" in 1954, when I was ten years old, in context of a Time magazine article about the Army - McCarthy hearings. I asked my Dad what it meant. Dad responded with simple descriptive terminology, his voice and emotions at room temperature. I was disgusted. Then as now, continuously, I believe they must be clinically insane to do what they do to get around a male's lack of a vagina. Dad drew a conceptual thick black line between "sex," intromissio penis in vaginam and sodomy, intromissio penis aut in os aut in anum. Later on, this led me to reject the nineteenth-century coinage, "homo'sexual,'" as inaccurate, the more properly specific term being "homo-erotic male."

Although I am not Abrahamic in religion, simple aspiration at honor bids me give credit where credit is due: The very bed-rock base-plate of love was articulated by Augustine of Hippo. "I want you to be." That is even more specific in Latin: Volo te esse. I will that thou be. Will is organization of life toward a goal.
Too, one need not be Abrahamic in religion to be seriously concerned about homo-erotism as a dysgenic and dyscivic trend.

Blogger sammibandit July 01, 2019 4:53 PM  

The problem is when people in society do that, not to help the animal, but to gain social media brownie points: "look at me! I help animals! I'm such a good person!"

Your community strikes me as extremely vulnerable to virtue signalling. Unless that's not what you meant and I'm misreading things?

As you said, ymmv I suppose.


@Solon, always nice to chat with someone thoughtful. I should have clarified so as not to mislead. I'd like to talk about someone important.

No, that's quite insightful actually.

Hans Christian Andersen's The Emperor's New Clothes is the best answer to "what's the point of acting that way?" A person needs to be able to tell others during the light of day what is right. It's a really nationalist story in a way. If we live by deceit then we bear fruits to people who shouldn't have to deal with them with exponential results.

We are very vulnerable to virtue signaling. It gets us killed. Look at the poor Danish and Norwegian women killed in Morocco. And little Ebba Akerlund dead at age 11 in Sweden. This tendency doesn't work with vibrants. Is that what you mean?

If I understand what you are saying of your community then you do what is right, preferably in private?

Blogger DangerSemiconductor July 01, 2019 6:00 PM  

James Dixon wrote:>Libraries in most places are funded by local taxes. Drag queen story hour at the local library? Guess what's going to happen the next time that particular item comes up for a vote. The folks running the library know this.

Agreed. They just have to be proactive. Outside support to a small community like Windsor, Colorado in facing the issue helps.

I would suggest that this is what the start of the pendulum swing looks like.

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/2019/01/12/colorado-towns-drag-queen-story-hour-draws-protesters-counter-protesters-windsor/2550820002/

headline: Colorado town's Drag Queen Story Hour draws more than 100 protesters, counterprotesters


This local paper covered the issue in a relatively unemotional way, without the usual over-the-top pro-gay bias. The article contained the viewpoints of the opposition without demonizing them. The reporter even gave detailed mention of a national group opposed to the agenda. The outside group helped the locals who were opposed:

"Arthur Schaper, organizer of MassResistance, promoted Huntwork's protest on Facebook and confirmed in an interview with the Coloradoan members of MassResistance’s Colorado branch would attend the protest. Schaper himself is based in California.

Schaper said MassResistance was formed 25 years ago in response to the influx of what he considers sexually explicit curriculum. Schaper said folks from Colorado reached out to the group for advice on how to challenge the library’s event, though he declined to say who."

Blogger Garuna July 01, 2019 6:07 PM  

To those skeptical about the pendulum ever swinging back,

None of the globohomo agenda has true grassroots support. It is forced upon the public by the establishment, which derives its power from a fake economy, which is predestined to collapse.

What do you think happens after? When people aren't anesthetized by wealth.

People are animals.

Blogger Hammerli 280 July 01, 2019 6:18 PM  

I'm also sensing a swingback. People are getting fed up with the in-your-face attitude of the homosexuals. They didn't want tolerance...that was merely a cover for an agenda of Homosexual Dominance.

Which may be the legal axis of attack - that the public profession or accusation of homosexuality is a breach of the peace. If you can't be discreet, you'll be imprisoned.

Blogger tublecane July 01, 2019 6:20 PM  

Bigotry upticks please me.

They must know normal people have an instinctual disgust of aberrant sexual behavior. Males at least are physically revolted by two guys kissing. Which is why I found it strange to see in college an ad for gay marriage or something (I can't remember precisely) with a couple of twinks making out. There is such a thing as overpaying propaganda.

But that was on a college campus, and the ad was probably intended for a specific audience. World War Gay was generally shrewd. They insinuated themselves into mainstream culture by appearing normal. Or at least normal relative to the worlds of advertising, entertainment, politics, etc.

No longer are the perverts playing an After the Ball psy-op game. Now they just rub our faces in it. "You'll like it or else!"

Blogger Mystic On Main July 01, 2019 6:38 PM  

"I understand the pendulum concept.

No, you don't. You believe - or perhaps your job is to get us to believe - only in the ratchet concept. A win for the Left is a win forever, while a win for the Right is up for negotiation tomorrow.

Sorry, that game is coming to an end. If something can be written out of the DSM, it can also be written back in to the DSM. If the courts can be packed with activist lefties, they can be un-packed as well. "

It's not a matter of belief. It's a matter of observation. I look around and ask, is there any good evidence or example of the seemingly continual arch of civil rights in the U.S. reversing. I don't see it. The DMA just keeps removing what were once clinical maladies. The Left continually advances its agenda on campus and in industry. The overton window for what's acceptable to support politically advances continually to the left. What's available free on the media today would never have been allowed just 20 years ago.

I'm not shilling or anyone. Nor am I trying to suggest any of this is a good thing. I'm just saying what I see, and don't see.

Blogger Mystic On Main July 01, 2019 6:40 PM  

@Snidely

"Freedom of speech, freedom of associationa and freedom of religion are all civil rights. All have been restricted over the last couple of decades, and the bills and momentum are in place to restricted them even more.

At-will divorce, abortion, equal opportunity mandates, sodomy, gay "marriage", TransLiberation and Drag Queen Story Hour are not civil rights, but they are being extended at the expense of your actual rights."

Now you are making my argument.

Blogger Oswald July 01, 2019 6:43 PM  

This study is obviously propaganda. And even if it is not, the pieces are in place to shift the pendulum back into the other team's side. You think the parade's were big this year? Just wait until next year after the Supreme Court says that sexual orientation is covered by discrimination under Title VII. And that is only the beginning. I have no faith in the two men appointed by Trump. I assure the deck is stacked. Be afraid when you hear the Supreme Court saying precedent is not that important. It is just not Roe vs Wade they could chuck to the curb. In fact, I think it will be everything but Roe vs. Wade, but I digress.

The truth is the other team's wave is pretty much assured because they have been planning this for a long time and they now have lots of pieces on the board and we have very few. Like a well planned chess game, they are now game set match. We are certainly in "check." What pieces do they have? The Media for one. They control most of the news and therefore most of the propaganda potential. They have most of the government in with them. Certainly, most of the key positions are in their hands or in the hands of people that will not act against them. They have all the entertainment industry. They are pretty much unchallenged in the schools. They control many of largest corporations and are well represented beyond their numbers in most of the others. They have plenty of lawyers and judges. Certainly, enough to be able to bankrupt anyone that dares resist them. And when the Supremos give them Title VII protection, the lawsuits with a vengeance will begin. Having removed all or most the above pieces from our side of the table, they have also managed to silence or infiltrate our most powerful piece and that is the churches. Churches have went silent or worse are now catering to them. In the very near future, people will be afraid to say anything against the other team. Look I'm afraid now. And not to long after that, if you don't participate with them, then you will be considered a bigot and sub-human. And you know what happens to sub-humans.

Blogger tublecane July 01, 2019 6:44 PM  

@106- There is a conspicuous example of "civil" "rights" receding, which I don't think is possible to have missed: white males. The Dispossessed Majority generally.

What goes around comes around.

Blogger Mystic On Main July 01, 2019 6:48 PM  

"You're the societal equivalent of the investors who believe the stock market only goes up because they've never seen a bear market. We're just barely past peak social mood. You cannot fathom what the trough is going to look like. Neither, for that matter, can I.

You are right, I don't know where social mood will be in 10 years. I can only guess based on what I see.

But I do know this. If I invested $1 in the S&P in 1990, it would be worth $48 today, despite the bear markets. A 4700% increase.

Blogger Crew July 01, 2019 6:53 PM  

@106: and the Democrats seem to be engaging in more and more criminal acts. For example, Antifa in Portland and the following:

https://voat.co/v/QRV/3307520/19477144

Blogger tublecane July 01, 2019 7:17 PM  

@4- Merely counting SCOTUS decisions, we have:

Kelo (eminent domain, 2005),

Bennis (asset forfeiture, 1996),

Smith v. Maryland (no third-party privacy, 1979),

the Roberts Betrayal (regulation of interstate non-commerce, 2012),

Grutter v. Bollinger (race discrimination in university admission, 2003)

Gonzales (growing and consuming a plant in your own property in a state where it's legal, 2005)

Blogger Don't Call Me Len July 01, 2019 7:17 PM  

But I do know this. If I invested $1 in the S&P in 1990, it would be worth $48 today, despite the bear markets. A 4700% increase.

And do you think you would have had the guts to leave it in the market in 2000, and then 2008?

"Prejudice stems from ignorance"

And hatred stems from direct contact.

You mistake tolerance for support.

Exactly. Besides MPAI, Most People Are Followers. It would not take a complete sea change of the entire population, only a vociferous minority (at first at least). Even many SJWs are only so aggressive because the current zeitgeist creates an illusory safety bubble around them. If that were to change, most of 'em would fold up like cheap lawn chairs and stay schtum.

Blogger rumpole5 July 01, 2019 7:22 PM  

"Boomers weren't raised to be degenetate". I'm not so sure about that. I can recall that my oldest sister had to present herself to the Lutheran congregation before confirmation and answer any theological question any member wanted to ask. With her younger (my older) brother, each confirmation candidate just had to select a pre written question. By the time I was confirmed there were no questions at all. We were just confirmed. Likewise when my sister went to college the girls dorm inmates had to check out and be in by a certain time. By the time I went to college it was 24 hour visitation. My whole youth was an experience of ever slacker standards in every societal institution. I personally tried to reverse that with my son by watching my own standards and sending him to a substantive Classical Christian School, encourging music and sports, and monitering his theological understanding.
Something was very wrong well before we Boomers came on the scene. When I see the pathetic tatooed youths of today, so many of whom have no idea how to dress or act, how to show respect for anything or anybody, I feel really sad.

Blogger tublecane July 01, 2019 7:27 PM  

@59- "Where civil rights are concerned"

Homo domination is only called "civil rights" because the Civil Rights Movement of the post-war era was successful and a lot of idiots have yet to notice it was a complete failure.

Come the Race Wars, who will care which group carries the standard of civil rights? No one.

Observe how mainstream culture currently depicts the Men's Rights Movement (if it even really exists): as contemptible lot, below pity and worthy of endless derision. They care less than nothing about rights in cases where it might benefit potential enemies.

Blogger sammibandit July 01, 2019 7:37 PM  

@rumpole5, hey your story about your siblings rustled something in me. My mom got sent to the JWs because they had food. But they were JWs.

Something was very wrong well before we Boomers came on the scene. When I see the pathetic tatooed youths of today, so many of whom have no idea how to dress or act, how to show respect for anything or anybody, I feel really sad.

Okay, I'm listening. Where do you think things went off track?

Blogger Sargent.matrim July 01, 2019 8:17 PM  

Been waiting for this to happen.

Blogger Doktor Jeep July 01, 2019 8:33 PM  

There were two unwritten "deals" with the LGBT crowd:
- don't rub our faces in it
- leave the kids alone

They did not hold up to their end of the deals.

Blogger MidnightSun July 01, 2019 9:29 PM  

@108 Simply put : Homosexuals are the current avant-garde of the revolution to squelch Christianity. The invasion of blacks to northern cities in the 60's destroyed ethnic neighborhoods and we got BLM in return! The sexual revolution of the 70's was the precursor to abortion and outright infanticide today. The Antifa communists are given free reign in our streets to commit violence without so much as a nod from police. Ever wonder why the southern border is left open for every criminal thug in the world to enter? And government does nothing? Hell, they're executing the plan! As was stated above, CEO's (especially in tech), Hollywood, mainstream media, academia and government have been packed with homosexuals. It is no accident all these groups get away with what they do. It is a plan to demoralize Western civilization. (These people) will not stop until they have corrupted every child of ours. There is an evil working behind the scenes in all of this and watching the demon in drag performing in front of children, it's time it all comes down. The sooner the better!

Blogger Damelon Brinn July 01, 2019 10:33 PM  

The Antifa communists are given free reign in our streets

Not our streets, their streets. When they went to Alabama, the cops wouldn't let them wear masks so they skipped town. Now they kick over trash cans in liberal enclaves and run posts on 4chan trying to bait right-wingers into coming there so the media can blame them for the violence. Fortunately most are catching onto that game.

Blogger Jack Amok July 01, 2019 10:34 PM  

I'm not shilling or anyone. Nor am I trying to suggest any of this is a good thing. I'm just saying what I see, and don't see.

Then your time horizon is myopic. Or, you don't see what you don't want to see.

Blogger Rough Carrigan July 02, 2019 12:15 AM  

#108. We just passed the longest day of the year, June 21st or 22nd. But the day when we were adding the most minutes of light occurred 3 months before this on March 21st.

Acceleration is not velocity. Acceleration can greatly slow down but velocity still increases. If you simply look at velocity you think the trend is still for increasing speed while actually acceleration is slowing and heading into deceleration.

Acceleration in these cultural phenomena has stopped. There's disgust and real push back. If you only look at first order phenomena you miss the coming change.

Blogger Stephen St. Onge July 02, 2019 1:12 AM  

I'd suggest "Peak Queer" as a label, since it is now obvious that driving force of the "gay rights" movement was not acceptance, but destruction of normality.

Blogger anorganicbear July 02, 2019 3:11 AM  

@59: Why does homosexuality need to be considered a mental disorder in order for people to oppose it? It's clearly a sin as written in the bible, and not just the old testament, but also the new. All that mental-disorder psychology mumbo-jumbo is just trying to create an explanation for why the soul doesn't exist anyway. You don't need Satan's approval to do God's will.

@80: Technically the proper word would be "fornicator" if your goal is to truly reclaim language. "Homosexual" implies that there is some state of being that a person exists in that dictates their sexual attraction and behaviors. The problem is the behaviors themselves, not the disposition of the individual, and using the term "homosexual" means you accept the enemy's position that it is innate and unchangeable.

Blogger Beardy Bear July 02, 2019 8:48 AM  

The 20th century will be remembered as a fibonacci correction on humanity's trend toward Christ.

Blogger Gapeseed July 02, 2019 9:34 AM  

My girlfriend and I planned to attend a dinner party in midtown Manhattan on Saturday evening, so we being Catholic and having to work on Sunday, we researched churches in the area for an evening Mass prior to the dinner. We found St. Francis had a 5:00 pm Mass and headed over.

I should have realized something was different when we encountered all manners of video cameras and photographers positioned in the aisles, along with a large number of people donning rainbow or pride-themed t-shirts ("Yay Gay" "Love Love Love") and hats. The walls were lined with banners of all the colors of the rainbow. Rainbows were ubiquitous - rather than play variations of well-known church hymns, the organist played "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" as people were sitting themselves prior to Mass. We had quite accidentally found ourselves at perhaps the most notable Gay Pride Catholic Mass to be held in the city Pride weekend, celebrated by none other than Fr. James Martin, SJ.

Proceeding the Crucifix during the processional was an energetic young man waving a rainbow streamer flag attached to a large pole. The readings included St. Paul drawing a distinction between spirit and flesh, which Fr. Martin did his best to spin into a narrative about the importance of love. Love was the theme - the offertory hymn was a rather insistent song called "We Are a Loving People", which curiously did not, as best as I could divine, mention anything about God at all. There were many ovations after the Eucharist thanking Fr. Martin and the multitude of musicians and other volunteers who made this event celebrating the Stonewall Riots possible. As the Recessional hymn (an Ode to Joy with lyrics seemingly written for the event) sounded, the energetic young man grabbed his rainbow streamer flag pole and began to energetically wave it again (until the pole broke halfway down the aisle) in front of the Crucifix and the procession of priests descending the altar and departing the Church by center aisle to the front door.

All in all, we witnessed a rather interesting display of pride. I don't doubt that many gays are broken and have suffered, but the collective pride and narcissistic triumphalism has no place at Mass. I find myself at a disheartened loss, three days later.

Blogger Brian Dean July 02, 2019 11:54 AM  

A few questions. Assume that -> means "leads to"
If a society accepts homosexuality as ok, why the following?

1) Sex should be ok between consenting adults -> We should be ok about sex with children.

2) It doesn't matter what adults do in the privacy of their home -> We are gay. We are in your face. Get used to it.

Blogger rumpole5 July 02, 2019 12:55 PM  

Where do you think things went off track?
The Lisbon earthquake, Rousseau,
The French revolution, Karl Marx, and Freud. Both cultural Jerusalem and Athens have been under severe philosophical attack on and off from the early 1800s.
Blogs such as this are a good antidote; we need less of the above, and more Jesus Christ, Marcus Aurelius, and Epiclitus in our moral sense and philsophical panoply and quiver.

Blogger James Dixon July 02, 2019 1:53 PM  

> is there any good evidence or example of the seemingly continual arch of civil rights in the U.S. reversing. I don't see it.

You do realize that the right to keep and bear arms is a civil right, don't you? For that matter, so is the right to free association.

> The Left continually advances its agenda on campus and in industry.

Something they've positioned themselves to do for over 100 years. The pendulum reverses slowly at first.

> The overton window for what's acceptable to support politically advances continually to the left.

You must have missed the 2016 election.

> Now you are making my argument.

Then you're not making the argument you think you're making.

Allow me to translate the argument you're making into normal speech for you. "Wah, the left has won. There's no point in fighting, all is lost."

> But I do know this. If I invested $1 in the S&P in 1990, it would be worth $48 today, despite the bear markets. A 4700% increase.

On Jan 1st, 1990, the S&P 500 index was at 339.97 (see https://www.multpl.com/s-p-500-historical-prices/table/by-year). As of the latest quote, it's 2962.62. That's just under a 9 fold increase, not 48 times. If you're wrong about such an easily checked fact, how trustworthy is anything else you say?

Blogger Avalanche July 02, 2019 5:18 PM  

@40 "people being degenerate in private causes significant harm to society as a whole through declining moral standards."

This is why I look askance at the constant offensive swearing -- the coarsening of all of our society by every other word being the eff word. (Owen Benjamin reeeally has this problem.)

Used to be, men might have sworn a blue streak in the military, or in the garage, or wherever women and children weren't likely to be. Now, instead of being a useful word with a social-force built by its extremely rare appearance, it's "pass the effing salt, would yah?" Or "I caught the effing ball."

Meaningless, carelessly crude and/or rude -- and VERY communist! ("Manners are not prole." "Consideration of others' feelings is elitist." Or, as in China, spitting on the streets everywhere all the time, is proof your NOT classist.

How BETTER to destroy a civilization than to create a lowest common denominator and force everyone down to it?

Blogger Avalanche July 02, 2019 6:22 PM  

@108 "Having removed all or most the above pieces from our side of the table, they have also managed to silence or infiltrate our most powerful piece and that is the churches. Churches have went silent or worse are now catering to them. In the very near future, people will be afraid to say anything against the other team. Look I'm afraid now."

But this view is still living inside the box.

We're NOT going to 'vote' ourselves out of what we didn't vote ourselves into. It's not going to BE judges and courtrooms, churches and corporations; it's going to be guns and blood, fire and death! Have you missed years of discussion here and elsewhere about what's coming?

Blogger M.S. July 02, 2019 10:02 PM  

Part of me wonders if this poll is actually a Fake Poll designed to convince homosexuals that they're becoming "oppressed" again so they'll increase their efforts to fight "homophobia". I wasn't expecting the pendulum to swing back so soon. Then again the poll could be totally right, and I hope it's right, but I want to see it corroborated.

Blogger matism July 03, 2019 8:18 AM  

The tribe tolerates NO dissent.

Blogger Daniel July 04, 2019 10:26 PM  

You need the spanish word puto

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts