ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2020 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

You cannot hide

If you are a white male, it doesn't matter what your hobby is. Diversity is coming to destroy it.
Does craft beer have a diversity problem? Of course it does....

Given that big beer makers for decades courted male consumers with sexist TV ads featuring women in bikinis, it perhaps surprises no one that the craft beer business has become a haven for white males — most of whom happen to be hipsters. Sadly, what counts as diversity in this industry is the clean-shaven minority mixing with the bearded majority....

While Boston Beer may be mum about what more could be done on diversity, the Brewers Association, the trade group for small and independent American brewers, is not. Since 2016, the association has been on a mission to figure out how the industry can be more welcoming to everyone, whether as a consumer or a brewer.

Measures include updating advertising standards to ban sexually explicit, lewd, and demeaning language, graphics, and images; forming a diversity committee; hiring a “diversity ambassador;” and giving out grants to encourage brewers to promote diversity and inclusion.

Unlike big beer companies, which rely on expensive TV ad campaigns, craft brewers depend on word-of-mouth and grass-roots marketing to build their brands. Through its diversity grants, the Brewers Association is supporting Fresh Fest 2019 in August in Pittsburgh — the nation’s first black brew fest, featuring 28 black-owned breweries, and Beers With(out Beards), an event series in Brooklyn, N.Y., that promotes women in the craft beer industry and women-owned breweries.
Whether you obediently cuck or whether you try to hide in your basement and brew your beer in solitude, Diversity will hunt you down and try to inclusivate you. So, you'd better learn how to stand up and fight for your interests before they are demolished through diversification.

Labels: ,

148 Comments:

Blogger Sillon July 31, 2019 8:09 AM  

Muslim diversification of the beer craft industry is going to be glorious.

Blogger Halvar Andersen July 31, 2019 8:11 AM  

Do brewers have to join this organization? The hipsters will absolutely get in line for this, even if it means shaving their soft beards off. But what about women with beards? Will they still be allowed to participate?

Blogger basementhomebrewer July 31, 2019 8:21 AM  

I have toyed with the idea on and off of going commercial but the market is way too saturated right now. I welcome these measures to help kill off my potential competition. Once I can pick up equipment on the cheap from someone going out of business I can start producing beer with pin-up girl style labels. Since I will be the only one using that "icky sex appeal" it will make my beer more noticeable on the shelf next to all the labels with body positive, blue haired, black women on them.

Blogger Fargoth July 31, 2019 8:25 AM  

consequences of estrogenic hops

Blogger Critias July 31, 2019 8:30 AM  

What is the correct language to use agaisnt these 'inclusive' ideas?

(also thank you for earlier Vox)

Blogger Mad Italian July 31, 2019 8:33 AM  

Critias... LOLGF

Blogger Zaklog the Great July 31, 2019 8:35 AM  

"Diversity grants" for businesses. Right, because it's not enough that we've wrecked our higher education system largely to allow them to participate, now we've got to wreck our entire economy.

Blogger Bucephalus July 31, 2019 8:36 AM  

I put the over under for shooting deaths at the very first black owned beer craft festival or what not at 7.

Blogger Nostromo July 31, 2019 8:38 AM  

I am getting confused. The wymons with beards, are they lesbians that take dick(dyck)? Are they trans wymons that are with a male with a dick(dyck)? Are they wymons with hormone imbalances? No judgement, just wondering.

Blogger gunner451 July 31, 2019 8:41 AM  

If you can't beat them then join them and settle down this afternoon with a nice cold Lesbian Lager.

Blogger The Only Cigar in the Box July 31, 2019 8:42 AM  

"Measures include updating advertising standards to ban sexually explicit, lewd, and demeaning language, graphics, and images..."

A purity movement in craft beer. How cute.

Of course, I'm guessing these folks wouldn't mind at all holding a Pride event on their premises that featured all sorts of sexual debauchery, all in the name of "diversity."

Blogger The Cooler July 31, 2019 8:43 AM  

inclusivate™

Blogger [Redacted] July 31, 2019 8:43 AM  

It is like they are trying to farm folk heroes. Who else would get statues, elementary schools, and drinking songs written about them than the defenders of craft beer?

Blogger Randomatos July 31, 2019 8:46 AM  

The parasites go to where they see signs of life. They prefer weak, plushy prey to attach to and suck the life, joy, money and energy out of, and hipsters are pretty much the textbook definition of a weak target set. They also don't have much money, so look for the parasites to be after fresh blood again soon.

Blogger Damelon Brinn July 31, 2019 8:46 AM  

"how the industry can be more welcoming to everyone"

Because it's always 1984 now, "welcoming" doesn't mean "welcoming," of course. What could be more "welcoming" than a hobby industry that already says, "Here, buy this stuff and make your own beer!" It means pushing down the ratio of white men. In theory, you could do that by bringing in more diversities, but in practice those people simply don't want to brew beer, just like they don't want to be gamers or write computer programs. So they'll have to drive white men out instead, while paying some diversities to join the club, and then claim the white men left because they didn't like the diversity.

Blogger dh July 31, 2019 8:48 AM  

If black people are encouraged to also brew beer, how does that impact those who want to be left alone to brew in their basement?

Is there some cosmic limit on the number of permissible beer brewing rigs in the world?

This is where white separatists and nationalists fail. The only reason to be upset about this is move is if you want to retain some cultural identity for whites only. That's not nationalist, it's just white supremacy.

Business associations are always going to try to grow. That's what they do. The beer brewers guild wants to attract more members - quell surprise. Women are 50% of the world, and spend 60% of the money. Non-white-hipsters are 50% of the men in the Country.

Any business you try to build that appeals only to hipster white men is going to be limited by it's demographic.

Blogger Beardy Bear July 31, 2019 9:05 AM  

Last week they told me women can have a penis, why not beards? Damn Satanists.

Blogger Beardy Bear July 31, 2019 9:08 AM  

Hipster men are not 50% of the men in the country. Maybe 50% of your friends.

Blogger Randomatos July 31, 2019 9:08 AM  

"The only reason to be upset about this is move is if you want to retain some cultural identity for whites only. That's not nationalist, it's just white supremacy."

Bull. Basic in-group preference and national continuity is not supremacist. Do you kvetch at blacks who don't want to listen to white rappers? Then why kvetch at whites who just want to be left alone to enjoy something among themselves. They're not running around in their man-buns knocking beers out of thirsty black hands, or saying "you're not allowed to start your own microbrewery." They're literally just making and drinking beer. Let them drink in peace.

Blogger daddynichol July 31, 2019 9:12 AM  

**sips beer crafted by one of the diversity grant recipients** "Ahhhh...tastes like AIDS!"

Blogger Balkan Yankee July 31, 2019 9:12 AM  

Diversity Hustle - Turning Losers into Fake Winners.

Blogger Damelon Brinn July 31, 2019 9:13 AM  

C'mon, dh. You were around here for GamerGate and the Hugos. You know it's not about attracting more members. Look at how they're doing this "outreach": by banning types of advertising that typical brewers think is fun, and having exclusionary black-only and women-only events.

The money spent on those isn't going to efforts that might actually expand the membership by attracting those most interested in brewing, the same way money spent by colleges trying to drag women into STEM doesn't go toward finding the best students.

Blogger tublecane July 31, 2019 9:15 AM  

"Of course it does!"

Oh, of course. Of course of course. Because. Because because because.

"Given that big beer makers for decades courted male consumers with sexist t.v. ads featuring women in bikinis"

I realize it's pointless to treat this as an actual argument, but did it occur to whoever wrote this that craft beer makers have made a point of not granting their custom to Big Beer?

Also, Madison Ave. banked heavily on English bull terriers in addition to boobies.

Blogger Aeroschmidt July 31, 2019 9:17 AM  

My homebrew club has a few blacks and wifes.

They make it inclusive by making all memberships family memberships. Most wives don't want to go listen to people talk about beer so they don't go.

The black guys don't win any competitions but they do enjoy drinking the free beer.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan July 31, 2019 9:24 AM  

354 comments and not a lot of love for the dimwit reporter, many of them presumably not full on MAGAmen were at the cusp of calling her and her bosses evil. Now if only conservatives could get it thru their heads that these shakedown rackets using the deadliest word in the universe "racist" were evil instead of going thru the usual facts and figures of whatever is being targeted we might get somewhere.

Blogger Stilicho July 31, 2019 9:29 AM  

"C'mon, dh. You were around here for GamerGate and the Hugos. You know it's not about attracting more members. "

C'mon Damelon, you've seen his schtick before. It's about discouraging you. It always is. He has admitted to being evil from a Christian's point of view, admitted to joining a Catholic church that approves his support for the party of abortion (arguably to provide him cover for advocating leftism or satanism as mainstream churchianity), admits being a not-American who wants to change America to suit his preference for socialist garbage (which he ran away from in his own country, but this timewill be different no doubt), etc. His name is Wormtongue.

Blogger sammibandit July 31, 2019 9:38 AM  

Non-white-hipsters are 50% of the men in the Country.

I know a lot of women struggle against their skeletal systems to achieve some semblance of femininity but there's more polite ways to say white women are the most beautiful.

Blogger VD July 31, 2019 9:38 AM  

If black people are encouraged to also brew beer, how does that impact those who want to be left alone to brew in their basement?

They won't be able to participate in any of the community-related activities in which they participate now. Do you not notice that the comics media does not cover Arkhaven, EvS, or any of the ComicsGate comics despite the fact that they are all MUCH more successful than the independent comics that are covered?

Business associations are always going to try to grow. That's what they do. The beer brewers guild wants to attract more members - quell surprise. Women are 50% of the world, and spend 60% of the money. Non-white-hipsters are 50% of the men in the Country.

Diversity doesn't grow anything. Comic sales have fallen dramatically since they embraced diversity. NASCAR is down more than 50 percent both live and on TV since they embraced diversity. Gilette even managed to seriously ding their razor sales by embracing diversity in their advertising. My yet-to-be published book, Corporate Cancer, addresses this concept in some detail. As far as I can tell, diversity means bringing in one diversity and driving out four non-diversities.

The point is, people are dynamic. A customer base that is ignored, or worse, treated with contempt, will shrink. If you stop marketing to white men, you will stop selling to them. Any company that stops marketing to its primary customer base, whatever it is, will see declining sales.

Blogger CarpeOro July 31, 2019 9:40 AM  

Never been a hipster, never like massed produced drek beer. The micro brewers I have met and talked to started brewing because they liked good beer. Designated-Hipster can drink my share of Bud, I'll stick to a quality Belgian Trippel or at least a Blue Moon.

Blogger Dark Herald July 31, 2019 9:50 AM  

Halvar Andersen wrote:Do brewers have to join this organization?

Hell no.

Here's the thing. When the craft market first started up around 2000 or so, relations with the big boys were excellent. The little guys made much better beer but couldn't compete in volume. The Mega-brewers chose to view them with amused tolerance.

Fast forward a few years and the micros have chomped out 25% market due to proliferation of small breweries. At that point Anheuser-Busch started filing lots of nuisance lawsuits and pressuring distributers not to carry craft beer.

The BA was created to fight all this. And they did, good for them.

So what happened?

Well, one the members demanded this thing called a Code of Conduct...

Blogger pyrrhus July 31, 2019 9:51 AM  

@24 That's a good approach...Men being the predominant market for beer, as the industry well knows, any promotion not aimed at them is pointless, but including their wives does no harm...

Blogger Dark Herald July 31, 2019 10:03 AM  

To design a great beer you have to be really good at math and micro-biology.

A degree in "Brewer Studies" doesn't count.

Blogger VD July 31, 2019 10:06 AM  

At that point Anheuser-Busch started filing lots of nuisance lawsuits and pressuring distributers not to carry craft beer.

Build your own platforms....

Blogger The Only Cigar in the Box July 31, 2019 10:11 AM  

Diversity doesn't grow anything.
Exactly. Diversity is itself a code word for a selective group of people who hold a certain belief and exclude anyone else that does not hold that belief. "Diversity" is a filter, a bias.

It's always been a strange concept to me that the divers-itists (suffering from diversititis?) automatically exclude and excommunicate anyone who doesn't agree with them all in the name of diversity. (Hate is bad, but only if you hate the things we think you should love. Otherwise, feel free to hate.)

Blogger pyrrhus July 31, 2019 10:14 AM  

Craft has been the only growing category of beer for quite some time, much to the dismay of the giant liquor conglomerates...so maybe there are saboteurs planted in the BA, kind of like the NRA...

Blogger Daniele Grech Pereira July 31, 2019 10:15 AM  

Don't drink beer, it is the Devil's brew. Drink wine with dinner.

Blogger James Dixon July 31, 2019 10:20 AM  

> The only reason to be upset about this is move is if you want to retain some cultural identity for whites only.

Why should we allow all other cultures to appropriate ours when we're criticized for appropriating theirs?

Blogger Philippe July 31, 2019 10:22 AM  

It would be really nice if they include a diversity logo the same way there is a Trappist logo on the beers. So we know which one we should stay away from.

Blogger OneWingedShark July 31, 2019 10:24 AM  

sammibandit wrote:Non-white-hipsters are 50% of the men in the Country.
I know a lot of women struggle against their skeletal systems to achieve some semblance of femininity but there's more polite ways to say white women are the most beautiful.

Ouch, Sammibandit, that was brutal.

Blogger Timmy3 July 31, 2019 10:24 AM  

Yay, craft beer. Next is artisan bread and granola. It will be karma if they come for vegans.

I don’t drink craft beer. They cost as much as retail beer. As long as you avoid the top 4 or 5 American watered down beer, you can enjoy adequately good beer.

Blogger pyrrhus July 31, 2019 10:25 AM  

<At that point Anheuser-Busch started filing lots of nuisance lawsuits and pressuring distributers not to carry craft beer.

Certainly hasn't worked around here (S.AZ)...Craft beer is highly profitable, and brings people in the door...

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother July 31, 2019 10:26 AM  

Heterosexual sexuality is verboten. Thats all they are trying to get rid of. Homosex and other perversions are celebrated.

Blogger cecilhenry July 31, 2019 10:29 AM  

Diversity™ is a weapon of violence and parasitism against Whites.


What do your '(((friends)))' have to say?:


'Clean your room bucko, don't organize like your enemy does'

Blogger carnaby July 31, 2019 10:30 AM  

Well at least they will never try to diversify guns, especially black rifles. I'm happier in this instance that they prefer to outright simply ban them. That we can fight.

Blogger carnaby July 31, 2019 10:33 AM  

Dr squatch soap is advertising that use of their soap may result in naked women in close proximity to the men using the soap. I bought some, it's good soap.

Blogger Skyler the Weird July 31, 2019 10:35 AM  

Amazingly the all Female Bold Missy brewery in Charlotte advertises xir beer with sexy images of Annie Oakley, Sally Ride, and Amelia Earhardt which are way sexier than the original womyn. I guess it's ok if Womyn objectify ugly womyn.

Blogger wreckage July 31, 2019 10:36 AM  

Diversity logic:
Everyone has the same preferences as white males.
Therefore wherever there is a preponderance of white males, it must be because of evil or ignorant actions by white males.
However, as well as not being a matter of different preferences, it also cannot be a matter of evil or ignorance by non-whites or non-males.
Therefore white males have consistently different preferen.... SHUT UP AND OBEY YOU RACIST YOU F***ING RACIST I PUNCH NAZIS I PUNCH NAZIS I PUNCH NAZIS

Blogger English Tom July 31, 2019 10:36 AM  

Just another devil's brew of leftist hate.

Sorry, couldn't resist that!

Blogger Scott Alfter July 31, 2019 10:41 AM  

>Gilette even managed to seriously ding their razor sales by embracing diversity in their advertising.

Speaking of which (in case you haven't seen it yet):

https://summit.news/2019/07/31/procter-gamble-loses-5-billion-dollars-following-woke-gillette-ad-campaign/

Get woke, go broke.

Blogger Nikolai Collushnikov July 31, 2019 10:42 AM  

Simple solution. Just promote a craft malt liquor industry.

Blogger urthshu July 31, 2019 10:43 AM  

I don't really drink and don't drink beer hardly ever so I insist they make fresh tasty expensive NA craft brews with non triggering labels. I won't buy it but I demand the choice be available.

Blogger Skyler the Weird July 31, 2019 10:48 AM  

I'm betting the upcoming malt liquor craft brews will be amazing not to mention the Kumis from Mongolian brewers.

Blogger dh July 31, 2019 10:51 AM  

Non-white-hipsters are 50% of the men in the Country.

Beardy-- This was imprecise. Hipster white guys are probably only 10% of the country. The phrase "non-white non-hipster" was what I should have said. Half the men in the country are non-white, many more of the white men are non-hipster.

Craft brewing is appealing to a small percentage of white men.

Blogger David Ray Milton July 31, 2019 10:51 AM  

Lil Smokey’s Trap House 45 - Malt Liquor

Made wit dat uxtra sweet sweet to get ya faded nigguh!

Blogger dh July 31, 2019 10:55 AM  

*Any company that stops marketing to its primary customer base, whatever it is, will see declining sales.*

You are smarter than that. Craft brewing appeals to a small percentage of white guys. There is loads of opportunity to expand.

The difference between Comics and beer is no one is suggesting changing the product to suit women or men. They're simply trying to attract more people, something that every business usually consider.

The proposition you are making is that white men won't drink or brew craft beer if they have to be around non-whites.

Blogger dh July 31, 2019 10:58 AM  

They won't be able to participate in any of the community-related activities in which they participate now. Do you not notice that the comics media does not cover Arkhaven, EvS, or any of the ComicsGate comics despite the fact that they are all MUCH more successful than the independent comics that are covered?

Goal post shifting. What happened to just wanting to brew, alone in the basement?

Blogger Amy July 31, 2019 11:02 AM  

@ Timmy3,

Going after vegans is sooo 2016

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/heres-why-black-people-do_b_10028678

Anonymous Anonymous July 31, 2019 11:03 AM  

I've never seen a craft beer "40".

And is there craft malt liquor?

Blogger dh July 31, 2019 11:03 AM  

C'mon Damelon, you've seen his schtick before. It's about discouraging you. It always is. He has admitted to being evil from a Christian's point of view, admitted to joining a Catholic church that approves his support for the party of abortion (arguably to provide him cover for advocating leftism or satanism as mainstream churchianity), admits being a not-American who wants to change America to suit his preference for socialist garbage (which he ran away from in his own country, but this timewill be different no doubt), etc. His name is Wormtongue.

It seems impossible for you to remain civil, probably because you can't keep your facts straight. If you think the country I escaped from was damaged because of socialism you are living in a parallel universe. I fled from a country united under civic nationalist and destroyed by right-wing authoritarians. But I guess if you squint you can find someway to blame leftists for that as well.

The problem with this entire line of thinking is that the only remedy to the proposed slight is.. genocide? Pograms? Or just more complaining?

The VD's credit, he keeps telling all the people on the marginal right what to do - i.e. make your own. But they don't care enough to be bothered.

No one is going to bother to make the Whites Only Brewers Guild because... guess what, no one will join it. No one will support it, and it won't exist in a year. Making marginally attractive projects isn't going to be successful. It's the network effect, again and again again. And guess what, no one particularly wants to network with racists, white nationalists, or anti-civic nationalists.

Blogger IrishFarmer July 31, 2019 11:04 AM  

But first, if you are one of these run-and-hide types and you realize you now have to fight, clear your head of the liberal axioms that have been planted in there so you'll actually be effective. We dont need any more Diversity and Comics or Sargon of Akkads.

Blogger sammibandit July 31, 2019 11:10 AM  

I get it dh, just yanking your chain.

Let's assume 60% of USA is white and that the population is 330M. Let's assume sex is evenly split at 50%.

That means 198M are white and of that 99M are male.

132M are non white and of that 66M are male.

I'm sorry but your math doesn't make sense. Half the men in the country are not non white.

But this isn't about math. It's nonsense to think non white men are a bigger market, so it's not about sales. And we all know blacks can't really handle alcohol.

Blogger James Dixon July 31, 2019 11:10 AM  

> Half the men in the country are non-white,

The figures from https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/PST045218 say less than 40%.

> Craft brewing is appealing to a small percentage of white men.

Judging from the number of them on the racks of the common grocery stores around here, that's not true.

Blogger Bucephalus July 31, 2019 11:14 AM  

Nobody gives a shit where you’re from.

Blogger Patrick Kelly July 31, 2019 11:19 AM  

I don't drink beer much anymore, but many people in my community do, so I've been out at the local brew pubs to socialize and mooch off them. It's kinda' religious to them. If you hint at not drinking much beer, or not being excited about craft beer, they will make great effort to evangelize and convert you and buy you some to try. The first one is always free, hah.

Most of it is crap I hate. It's a relative hate. It is somewhat drinkable, but most of it is of the trendy, hoppy, IPA variety and all tastes like it came out of the same barrel to me.

I prefer extremes in beer. Either a good stout or an ice cold lager. I do like a good pilsner, but lately the hoppier brews tend to trigger allergy like reactions in my nose and throat.

There are a few local crafted versions of what I call a dessert stout. A bit creamier, sweeter and stronger than Guinness, usually fermented in a whiskey barrel I think.

The lagers are nothing special, I'd prefer Dos XX or Modelo to most of them.

The ATX area is already highly diversified in these trendy hipster hang-outs so I don't see how any national association of rainbow brewers will impact them much.

Blogger Bullitt315 July 31, 2019 11:24 AM  

The difference between Comics and beer is no one is suggesting changing the product to suit women or men.

It always starts this way, and it's always someone saying "They're just trying to expand the market" How many times does it have to play out the exact same way for you to see it?

Blogger Stickwick Stapers July 31, 2019 11:30 AM  

Women's hobbies are being exploded in spectacular fashion, too -- things you'd never think had anything to do with politics, like knitting. Ravelry, a popular online knitting community, recently launched a full-on SJW purge of anything that amounted to support for Trump, because support for Trump = promoting white supremacy. This inspired other fiber-related companies to likewise "take a stand against racism and bigotry."

People wonder how totalitarianism happens. It happens because people like this get their tentacles into everything, especially things that seem the most innocuous. It's all politics, all the time now.

Blogger Dan in Georgia July 31, 2019 11:40 AM  

The craft beer industry is huge in Atlanta, but the guys are hipster cucks. They were stunned by the loss of Stacey A1 Abrams last November. They will gladly adopt the SJW mandates and feel bad about not knowing better.

Blogger dh July 31, 2019 11:42 AM  

JD- Congrats you went from 50% to 38%. Feel better now?

Blogger Amy July 31, 2019 11:45 AM  

Stickwick, I noticed that. I used to get tons of free stuff from Ravelry, but I just won’t go there anymore.

I commented on another blog, how “race” and “inclusivity” are brought up regardless of the activity in question. It always has to be about “race” and inclusivating people (great word, Vox). I just want to know how to get my Leno lace to stay put! I don’t care about the history of weavers in east jebib and how my privilege marginalizes and oppresses them!

In a society where you can freely associate with a homogenous group, this stuff never has to come up. It’s a tiresome topic but one we are forced to attend, want to or not. People walking around extremely anxious all the time, not good for society

Blogger Aeroschmidt July 31, 2019 11:46 AM  

orpheus dipa transmigration of souls is best dipa

Blogger Tars Tarkas July 31, 2019 11:56 AM  

dh wrote:Craft brewing is appealing to a small percentage of white men.

Why do you think that is? Do you really believe that there is some coordinated effort to keep black men out of it? If there was any one group who does not want to alienate black people, it's white hipsters.

Craft beer brewing is just SWPL. It is a SWPL activity.

But even if it was designed to keep others out, are we allowed to have anything? Why is access to white people a black human right anyway? Is it hateful to want to be left alone?

Blogger Dark Herald July 31, 2019 11:57 AM  

Himself wrote:I've never seen a craft beer "40".

And is there craft malt liquor?


Blech... And yes. Although at 14.2% ABV I don't think it qualifies as "beer."

Blogger Duke Norfolk July 31, 2019 11:57 AM  

Timmy3 wrote:It will be karma if they come for vegans.

Oooh, I smell a black knighting opportunity. Because you just know that vegans are almost all white. This could be really good. Sic 'em, shitlords.

Blogger VD July 31, 2019 11:59 AM  

You are smarter than that. Craft brewing appeals to a small percentage of white guys. There is loads of opportunity to expand.

No, you are simply too stubborn to grasp the obvious. There is not loads of opportunity to expand. Craft brewing will never appeal to the vast majority of people any more than FPS will ever appeal to women. You might as reasonably cry about the dearth of women in the top 100 Fortnite players.

I understand genuine American nationalism terrifies you because you are not American and because you have seen the failure of civic nationalism up close and far too personal. But you simply fail to grasp that civic nationalism always fails sooner or later and that no amount of wishing away reality is going to stop what happens when the happy-time morons insist on scrambling the nations.

Once they are scrambled, the unscrambling is certain. And the process is seldom pretty. That's why actively preventing the scrambling in the first place is vital.

What happened to just wanting to brew, alone in the basement?

That has nothing to do with the subject. That was your digression from it. If you want to address that topic, then for all we know there is no diversity problem and most craft brewers are black women brewing their beer alone in their basements.

The difference between Comics and beer is no one is suggesting changing the product to suit women or men. They're simply trying to attract more people, something that every business usually consider.

You're not that stupid.

Blogger 357Delta July 31, 2019 12:01 PM  

It seems impossible for you to remain civil, probably because you can't keep your facts straight. If you think the country I escaped from was damaged because of socialism you are living in a parallel universe. I fled from a country united under civic nationalist and destroyed by right-wing authoritarians. But I guess if you squint you can find someway to blame leftists for that as well.

dh, you are arguing from your identity whether you know it or not.

Everyone else, dh will never concede this argument as he's trying to prove he's more American than Americans born here.

Blogger Damelon Brinn July 31, 2019 12:02 PM  

As far as I can tell, diversity means bringing in one diversity and driving out four non-diversities.

The diversity-mongers probably tell each other that after they get rid of the toxic white males, the women and minorities will jump on board in even bigger numbers, so it's really just a smart marketing strategy. But as we've seen time and again, when the new audience or membership fails to materialize, they never admit defeat and go back to the one demographic that actually wanted in. They just keep doubling down, looking for more toxic white males and being more overt about expelling them.

Blogger Duke Norfolk July 31, 2019 12:03 PM  

Bucephalus wrote:Nobody gives a shit where you’re from.

No, but he clearly needs to go back.

Blogger Dan in Georgia July 31, 2019 12:05 PM  

The comments on the article are hilarious. Should be shut down any time now...

Blogger Jim the Curmudgeon July 31, 2019 12:05 PM  

@16 "if you want to retain some cultural identity for whites only. That's not nationalist, it's just white supremacy."

Why are soy boys hanging out on this blog? I can smell a millennial.

Wanting to maintain cultural identity for a group is not the same as supremacy. If Japanese want to make sure that only Japanese can be Shinto priests, it does not follow that they are proclaiming the superiority of their people or religion over others.

This sort of claim requires an argument, and in that you are sorely lacking. I can claim that 2+2=5, but it doesn't make it true.

Blogger Jim the Curmudgeon July 31, 2019 12:12 PM  

"Diversity doesn't grow anything. Comic sales have fallen dramatically since they embraced diversity. NASCAR is down more than 50 percent both live and on TV since they embraced diversity. "

Furthermore, our resident soy boy ignores the existence of what complexity scientists call 'tagging mechanisms'. Groups distance themselves from other groups by adopting different clothing, tastes, habits, etc. A good example, covered in Malcolm Gladwell's Freakonomics, is how the hipster crowd adopted the failing Hush Puppies brand of shoes in an effort to stand out.

Any successful product that markets itself to a mainstream, diverse audience cannot be used as a tagging mechanism. It becomes non-elite, non-discriminating. In some cases, that is fine... you can sell lawnmowers to a wide audience. In other cases, there is a great deal of profit to be made in being the elite brand sold to a particular demographic.

Blogger Silent Draco July 31, 2019 12:14 PM  

My only surprise was that the festival and gibsme, er, diversity grants weren't sponsored by Colt 45.

Women attracted to beer? That's what light beer was created for in the 70s, something with almost no calories, therefore no body and taste. However, they dislike strong hops as too bitter. But a malty ale has carbs. The solution? Vodka and Red Bull, orvodka in fruity, sweet drinks.

Basementhomebrewer will laugh. What's the most important part of brewing? Cleaning and sanitization. Everything else depends on this.

Girls, #Learn to clean

Blogger wreckage July 31, 2019 12:16 PM  

"Nobody's stopping you from living alone, out of even the sight of any neighbours, trading with no-one, learning from no-one, and associating with no-one." seems to be the consensus position of the progressives. Forgive me if I do not consider "inclusivity for me, solitary confinement for thee" to be especially appealing.

Blogger dienw July 31, 2019 12:20 PM  

carnaby wrote:Dr squatch soap is advertising that use of their soap may result in naked women in close proximity to the men using the soap. I bought some, it's good soap.

Very funny!

Blogger basementhomebrewer July 31, 2019 12:22 PM  

VD wrote:At that point Anheuser-Busch started filing lots of nuisance lawsuits and pressuring distributers not to carry craft beer.

Build your own platforms....


That becomes a bit difficult in Alcohol. Most states only authorize 1 or 2 alcohol distributors for distributing out of state alcohol. That being said, many states allow suppliers to distribute within the state. So in-state, self distribution is possible if you are willing to accept the cap in growth potential and the logistics costs.

One brewer in my state implemented exactly this model and once they started distributing state wide in semi trucks the major distributor in the state finally conceded to distributing their beer. They still aren't able to sell in other states though.

Blogger The Only Cigar in the Box July 31, 2019 12:28 PM  

@dh

"You are smarter than that. Craft brewing appeals to a small percentage of white guys. There is loads of opportunity to expand."

There is a lot of inaccurate speculation here, but I think this is the mindset of a lot of global corporations.

Comics is very relevant in comparison. Comics appeals (appealed?) to a very small cadre of people. Big dream corporations with their economy of scale, one-size fits all mentality came in and decided that it could have mass appeal if it were only more diverse. Unfortunately, this did not end up being true. And so comics are crashing because they never would appeal to a diverse crowd and now they do not appeal to the traditional fan-base. (Star Wars is also an example of this. If they only made it more palatable to women, the market potential would be massive. Except . . . not really, because women could care less about Star Wars and if you make it about Feminism the hardcore fans will leave.)

But who cares, right? Comics and Star Wars were just for white nerds still living in their parent's basement. So serves them right. (That seems to be the attitude of the big houses that have ownership now and have watched their IPs die.)

The globalist mindset seems to be "if it doesn't appeal to everyone, then we'll make sure it appeals to no one." All in the name of "diversity" of course.

Blogger Jack Amok July 31, 2019 12:29 PM  

Amazingly the all Female Bold Missy brewery in Charlotte advertises xir beer with sexy images of Annie Oakley, Sally Ride, and Amelia Earhardt

Funny though, go to their website and their brewer is a dude named Reiley. "We're all female! Well, except for the guy who actually does the important work..." Sounds like the typical female outfit.

The problem with this entire line of thinking is that the only remedy to the proposed slight is.. genocide? Pograms? Or just more complaining?

All three, dh. All three. So you should worry when the complaining stops.

Blogger VD July 31, 2019 12:29 PM  

One brewer in my state implemented exactly this model and once they started distributing state wide in semi trucks the major distributor in the state finally conceded to distributing their beer.

They should have said, "thanks, but no thanks." Then set up a sister operation in the next state over.

Blogger Gen. Kong July 31, 2019 12:31 PM  

Halvar Andersen wrote:

Do brewers have to join this organization? The hipsters will absolutely get in line for this, even if it means shaving their soft beards off. But what about women with beards? Will they still be allowed to participate?

You need to keep in mind that we live in Clown World. Yes all the bearded hipsters will be required to shave them off, and the only ones allowed to have beards will be strong wymyn, trannies and perhaps Mooselimbs. Honk-honk.

Blogger Balam July 31, 2019 12:34 PM  

dh wrote:The problem with this entire line of thinking is that the only remedy to the proposed slight is.. genocide? Pograms? Or just more complaining?

The VD's credit, he keeps telling all the people on the marginal right what to do - i.e. make your own. But they don't care enough to be bothered.

No one is going to bother to make the Whites Only Brewers Guild because... guess what, no one will join it. No one will support it, and it won't exist in a year. Making marginally attractive projects isn't going to be successful. It's the network effect, again and again again. And guess what, no one particularly wants to network with racists, white nationalists, or anti-civic nationalists.


You facetiously claim that the only remedy is genocide while acknowledging in the very next statement that you could simply build alternative platforms. To add to the list there's expulsion, segregation, disincetinvization, etc...your argument that anyone who disagrees with you is a genocidal antisemite is a very dishonest argument made in bad faith.

In regards to the segregated brewers guild, you're a liar. The guild wouldn't exist because the worldly powers will do everything in their power to jail, impoverish and even kill the men who try to open such a thing up. It would have massive support and, barring sjws bludgeoning it with amenable authorities, would be able to support itself financially with wild enthusiasm from its constituents. People aren't making the "Whites Only Brewers Guild" because openly enclaving yourself off in defiance of social justice and/or the government is a very reliable way to get yourself killed, jailed or impoverished. You know this, you have seen this writ large over many years in the US, why would you lie about it like that?

Blogger Eincrou July 31, 2019 12:36 PM  

I recently commented on a PC Gamer article that was supporting Netflix's botching the setting of its version of The Witcher by making it Inclusive:

"Diversity and Inclusion" is a totalitarian ideology that cannot accept or even begrudgingly tolerate any human endeavor, past, present or future, that does not abide by its strictures.

This is why the most prestigious newspapers in the United States posted articles complaining about a lack of diversity in the Apollo program during what should have been a celebration of mankind's greatest demonstration of mastery over the physical world.

The all-encompassing nature of this ideology, that Netflix and almost all big corporate media promote, is why many people suspected that Netflix would likely be incapable of correctly depicting the setting of The Witcher.

Blogger horsewithnonick July 31, 2019 12:40 PM  

Were I a betting man, I'd take the over on that one.

Blogger Daniel July 31, 2019 12:45 PM  

To all idiots pining for "growth", the absolute 100% best way to grow craft brewing by 1000% is to for the brewers to market the hobby as "10,000% for WHITE MEN by WHITE MEN -- ONLY."

The growth opportunity is toward men seeking a diversity-free hobby...not toward the noble hemlock of diversity. Of course, the hobby would have to be willing to GamerGate and fight. And it is not.

Blogger Jack Amok July 31, 2019 12:48 PM  

Build your own platforms....

Of course. But this inclusivication of the craft brewing association is a good lesson on that topic. In a lot of ways, the Brewer's Association was "their own platform" to get around the regulatory deplatforming the big brewers were engaged in against the craft brewers years and years ago.

So build your own platforms, and remember to protect them from entryism. If your platform is successful, it will become a target. If you find you're a target of entryism, thank the SJWs for validating your success as you boot them out the door.

Blogger Chris Ritchie July 31, 2019 12:53 PM  

Where to start?!?

First of all, Ms. Shirley Leung is obviously an (((American))). Secondly, we have a female journalist who feels entitled to critique and advise an established industry. Has she ever brewed beer? I'm sure she knows all about it from her hipster hang outs at Princeton.

I thought the opening lines were a joke:
Does craft beer have a diversity problem?

Of course it does.

This shows how far the pendulum has swung. We better listen to our (((American))) feminist Ivy League betters and like it, or else! The fact her article is so tone deaf to how it has been perceived by many on here is testament to the how much work we have ahead of us.

I'm not a home brewer, but let's say I was. How best to fight this were I on the board of this Brewer's Association:

First of all, immediately get rid of any codes of conduct or mission statements that have diversity as its goals. This association is about brewing good beer, period.
Second, root out the SJW's from the board by any means necessary.
Finally, keep focused on content, not diversity and multi-culturalism. It's already diverse: there are German beers and Irish beers and Mexican beers....

I don't know how else to fight it. Suggestions? How to keep these enemies from infiltrating in the first place?

Blogger Chris Ritchie July 31, 2019 1:03 PM  

@16 This is where white separatists and nationalists fail. The only reason to be upset about this is move is if you want to retain some cultural identity for whites only. That's not nationalist, it's just white supremacy.

What's happened to dh? White has nothing to do with it. It was identified as white by the enemy article writer, not anyone else. What have you been reading in the last few months because the tone and arc of your comments has definitely shifted. Seems like you are shooting at your own side now.

Last I checked "Mexican" beer isn't white. Unless you count the upper class Mexicans of Spanish descent and not the lower class Mexicans of Aztec and Mayan descent. Interesting how that happens.

Blogger HouellebecqGurl July 31, 2019 1:04 PM  

The ONLY soap that is worth buying I from the MighyWhiteSoapCo.com.

Blogger HouellebecqGurl July 31, 2019 1:07 PM  

You have to go back.

Blogger Starboard July 31, 2019 1:09 PM  

69. Amy "In a society where you can freely associate with a homogenous group, this stuff never has to come up. It’s a tiresome topic but one we are forced to attend, want to or not."

Agreed. Even worse, all advancement stops when we talk about diversity because we have stopped talking about the hobby itself. How to make better beer? How to work around distribution restrictions? Overall skill sets start falling because we are not talking about basic skills. How do you get lace to lie flat? How do you bind a blanket so it doesn't ripple aroune the edges?

Nah let's talk about evil white men instead because orange man bad.

Blogger Scott Alfter July 31, 2019 1:12 PM  

>I've never seen a craft beer "40".
>
>And is there craft malt liquor?

It was a one-time release 15 years or so ago, but there was Dogfish Head Liquor de Malt:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/64/17289/

Sold in a 40-oz. screwtop bottle with a brown paper bag, no less.

Blogger Chris Ritchie July 31, 2019 1:13 PM  

Craft brewing is appealing to a small percentage of white men.
Where is your data to support that assertion? How in the world can you say craft brews only appeal to white men? Women don't buy it? Hispanics don't? Isn't that racist of you to assume that the blacks and hispanics are too poor to afford it?

You really are a Wormtongue.

Blogger Amy July 31, 2019 1:21 PM  

@ Chris Ritchie,

I know “Princeton” wasn’t the point of your post, but if you’ll forgive my digression, I used to live and work there. For a time I was an assistant to two academics whom made getting more black PhDs their highest priority.

The craft brew scene in P-ton and its surroundings was definitely a hipster birthing pod, 15-16 years ago. When I go back to visit, it’s obvious the spawn have taken root and been fruitful. The kind of people you found/find in Triumph or River Horse have perpetual angst about race and inclusion and “fairness” and equality, and are truly troubled at the sea of white faces they see around them, and take great pains to fawn over any diversity that happens to visit.

I belonged to a Libertarian group that met regularly at Triumph. There was one black guy in the group, he was intelligent and had an education matched to his intelligence — the classic “IKAGO.” He wasn’t too troubled by lack of diversity. It’s totally a white (but not White) thing. Or maybe even a Fellow White Person thing, come to think of it.

Princeton has its ghettos but they are well hidden and very tightly policed. The local Guatemalan, etc. population knows better than to prey on the rich Jews and whites, whom send their kids to private schools like Princeton Day, Notre Dame, Hun, and the French American School, while the rest deal with Princeton public schools, which have no cachet and are hotbeds of interracial bullying by Hispanics and blacks on each other, and of both on the few hapless white kids stuck there.

I saw so much hypocrisy and race realism while I was there, over five years. Man oh man, when that particular bubble bursts, ammo up and head for the hills. I’ve seen this coming a long ass time

Blogger Gen. Kong July 31, 2019 1:24 PM  

The irony of dh is that it was the epic failure of civic nationalism in a cobbled-together entity of different nations created in the wake of WW I which resulted in his fleeing here to become a paper American. The coming collapse of dead husk of civic nationalism here will be several orders worse than what took place in the balkans with a far greater number of dead. The next internal war here will make the even the vicious civil war as fought in Missouri and Kansas look like a badminton match. The so-called "right-wing authoritarians" he referred to were stooges of the Rotten Banana Empire whose ultimate purpose was to enslave the locale in the confines of the EUSSR, much as we see with the Ukonazis at work in Ukraine today. Diversity + Proximity = War.

Blogger Z MAlfoy July 31, 2019 1:33 PM  

Read this, first thought was that Flying Dog Brewery is gonna *love* this. (https://www.flyingdog.com/) They are very popular (at least in Maryland), and one of their most popular brews is "Raging Bitch."

This is like free advertising for them.

Blogger Chris Ritchie July 31, 2019 1:37 PM  

@101 Interesting take. The South gets a bad rap then. Looks like segregation is alive and well elsewhere. It's just enforced with dollars instead of Jim Crow laws. "Can't afford our private school? Too bad - go to public school with the other riff raff."

My wife grew up in central Ohio. Didn't go to school with any blacks; maybe a couple of hispanics. I notice there was no forced busing implemented there.

Blogger Steve Canyon July 31, 2019 1:51 PM  

They going to make strides to bring whypipo into the 40oz craft malt liquor market?

Nope.

Blogger Wraithburn July 31, 2019 1:53 PM  

I thought this sounded familiar. When the BA CoC first went through, Flying Dog Brewery terminated their membership. I'm not surprised there is a followup to this SJW campaign.

https://www.brewbound.com/news/defense-free-speech-flying-dog-terminates-ba-membership

Blogger James Dixon July 31, 2019 1:55 PM  

> JD- Congrats you went from 50% to 38%. Feel better now?

dh, you're a numbers person. You know perfectly well how much difference that makes.

Blogger Amy July 31, 2019 1:55 PM  

@104 the South is a whipping boy for Yankee sins

Blogger sammibandit July 31, 2019 2:22 PM  

@James Dixon le 44% went to 38% but who's counting. dh doesn't seem to acknowledge my posts despite having better number crunching skills. Meh.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan July 31, 2019 2:37 PM  

Never allow a woman to moralize you uncontested, they're cruel and will utterly crush you underneath their sensible shoes. Sorry for you white knighters I must tell the truth.

Blogger Damelon Brinn July 31, 2019 2:56 PM  

The globalist mindset seems to be "if it doesn't appeal to everyone, then we'll make sure it appeals to no one."

Pretty much. They don't see it that way, of course. They think they're making it appeal to everyone--by definition, because it's them doing it--and if the result doesn't appeal to you, then there's something wrong with you and you should be fixed or replaced.

I don't think Kathleen Kennedy intended to kill Star Wars, for instance. She intended to remake it in her own image AND have it stay just as profitable. But if you could travel back in time to the day Lucas sold SW to Disney and tell her, "The changes you want to make are going to damage this brand so badly with the fans that when you make an origin movie about Han Solo, one of the most beloved characters in movie history, it's going to tank," she wouldn't change her plans. She would just determine to do better marketing or scheduling. Ideology comes first, and they figure they'll make the money work out other ways.

Blogger Balkan Yankee July 31, 2019 2:58 PM  

Hot Off the Press: "Democrats just purged white party staffers, and it's a bigger deal than anyone wants to admit"

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/editorials/democrats-just-purged-white-party-staffers-and-its-a-bigger-deal-than-anyone-wants-to-admit

There isn't anything in the op-ed above that should surprise longtime readers of this blog.

Blogger sammibandit July 31, 2019 3:00 PM  

Mr.MantraMan, I'd say I know better but I reserve that for my husband and men I respect. I'd be lying to not qualify knowing better. Currently wearing steel toed boots.

Blogger The Only Cigar in the Box July 31, 2019 3:17 PM  

@111: And that's why they call her Krazy KK.

Blogger God Emperor Memes July 31, 2019 3:19 PM  

It's almost as if SJW's think ideology is more important than the survival of their host organisation/business...

Blogger Mr.MantraMan July 31, 2019 3:54 PM  

Well Sammi they must have passed your shit tests then because I see the word "respect" bandied about. If a woman does not test a man for fitness then she must be a vegetable.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash July 31, 2019 4:29 PM  

The Brewers Association is a trade association for small commercial brewers. While they sell memberships to homebrewers, only commercial brewers get a vote.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash July 31, 2019 4:30 PM  

CarpeOro wrote:never like massed produced drek beer.... I'll stick to a quality Belgian Trippel or at least a Blue Moon.
One of these things is not like the others.

Blogger Doktor Jeep July 31, 2019 4:30 PM  

I have been making beer for 10 years. Yeah the scene is awash with bearded hipster types. And if the place where you get brew brew supplies also does wine, then it's probably already infested with roasties and wine aunts too. I will ignore the inclusivists like I ignore the hipsters. I keep getting invited to craft beer events. I do not go.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash July 31, 2019 4:42 PM  

Doktor Jeep wrote:I keep getting invited to craft beer events. I do not go.
Some aren't so bad. Provided you aren't in Hippietown. Problem is, because of the character of the target market, the big events are all in Hippietown. I've entered a couple of contests, but since I don't do undrinkable IPAs or stunt beers, I don't do well.

Blogger sammibandit July 31, 2019 4:56 PM  

Mr.MantraMan you're very kind. My dad taught me well what to expect. My mom taught me well how to phrase it logically and practically.

Blogger tublecane July 31, 2019 5:51 PM  

@104- De facto segregation is popular everywhere. Heck, you can't cram a rainbow of colors into prisons without everyone spontaneously dividing into color-based gangs.

That's the way people likes it.

Blogger SmokeyJoe July 31, 2019 6:11 PM  

Who the hell is Shirley Leung and why should I, or anyone else, give a rat's ass what it thinks? I'll tell you what the craft beer industry diversity problem is. Too many IPAs. Everyone wants to make the next nasty IPA. It sucked when it was invented, and surprise, still sucks now. Irather like a good red ale. Your mileage may vary.

I got a $3500 brew machine. 25 gallon batches, every 4 hours, if one is inclined to work that hard. So, hey, Shirley, we know you don't even drink beer, so tits or gtfo!

Who the hell keeps giving these clowns keyboards and tells 'em their opinion matters?

Blogger SmokeyJoe July 31, 2019 6:19 PM  

"Given that big beer makers for decades courted male consumers with sexist t.v. ads featuring women in bikinis"

Hey Shirley, don't be bitter just because nobody wanted to see you in a bikini starring in a beer ad. I'm sure Weight Watchers has an infomercial or somesuch looking for actors. Mebbe.....

Blogger Silent Draco July 31, 2019 6:26 PM  

Doktor Jeep, my local supply store is segregated into beer here, wine there, and equipment and cleaners back there. Less friction.

Ben home brewing for about 20 years by the logbook. Been ignoring hippies, hipsters, and Imperial Anything all along. Make three good, consistent session ales or lagers and one strong one, and you'll have a lot of friends when the day comes. Farmers will barter grain for good ale.

Smokey Joe, +1. Almost has that happen at a faculty party my wife hosted. Of course the young teachers thought they didn't like beer (hops). Mase them try a sample of my red ale (malty, little bitter, floral finish). Suddenly two 5 gal casks were empty and the young women were very happy. Fortunately, this was just pre-FB.

Blogger JamesB.BKK July 31, 2019 8:03 PM  

I wonder if John Derbyshire is taking his family to that Fresh Fest. Maybe it's so diverse it caters only to blacks.

Blogger JamesB.BKK July 31, 2019 8:08 PM  

Committee formation and grants. Not really entrepreneurial activities, are they? Who's getting shaken down is the remaining question.

Blogger New Atlantis Lost July 31, 2019 8:29 PM  

“Broadened Horizons IPA”: Vibrantly hand-crafted. If you don’t drink it, you’re racist

Blogger Doktor Jeep July 31, 2019 8:56 PM  

I have a "Pirate's Port Porter" that is made with fermented mollasses and tastes like a Cuba Libre
Mostly I do porters and stouts because the pitch and fermentation temps are forgiving.

Blogger Stilicho July 31, 2019 9:31 PM  

"I fled from a country united under civic nationalist and destroyed by right-wing authoritarians"

Civic nationalism does not equal right wing. It is a fighting withdrawal of the left in the face of nationalist opposition. Neither does authoritarian equal right wing. I also note the assent by silence.

Pinochet is to be emulated.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine July 31, 2019 10:19 PM  

"You are smarter than that. Craft brewing appeals to a small percentage of white guys. There is loads of opportunity to expand."

By what, broadening the appeal? Through what? Oh, nothing that actually does anything whatsoever to broaden the appeal, other than destroying the existing base?

dh, I can never tell whether you're only mostly 'tarded, or fairly clever and extremely disingenuous, or some mix of both.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine July 31, 2019 10:23 PM  

"I fled from a country united under civic nationalist and destroyed by right-wing authoritarians."

Both of those bipartite terms you're using. They mean the same thing in the context you're using them in, yet you're pretending that they mean different things. Civic "nationalism" means you're going to call the state the nation. You're literally saying they were simultaneously united by state power and destroyed by it, but you're trying to pretend that you're coherent through wordplay that even semantics would discard.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine July 31, 2019 10:27 PM  

"What's happened to dh?"

Nothing, he's always been like this. He's just getting called out for it now that more people have him pegged.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine July 31, 2019 10:30 PM  

Actually, I take that back. I do know what you are. You're deceived, and blindly, stubbornly faithful to those deceptions with a zealousy that overlaps madness.

Blogger Mystic On Main July 31, 2019 11:04 PM  

"At that point Anheuser-Busch started filing lots of nuisance lawsuits and pressuring distributers not to carry craft beer.

Build your own platforms...."

That's what craft beer is.

The problem isn't the big brewers. The problem is the wholesalers. Consider this:

A brewer gets a "Small Brewer License. He's able with this license to sell up to X number of barrels of beer out of his brew pub or directly to a retailer. If he sells a bottle of beer out of his brew pub, he gets, say, $5.00 for the beer. If he sells it to the retailer directly he gets $3.75.

Now, under this kind of Small Brewer License, once he grows his business to X barrels +1, he is REQUIRED BY LAW to sell his entire inventory to a wholesaler. No more sales directly to retailers and no more sales out of the brew pub. And here's the kicker. He sells that $5 beer to the wholesaler for $2.50 a bottle. AND...if he wants to sell out of his brew pub, he must first sell his beer to the wholesaler for $2.50 per bottle, then buy it back from the wholesaler for $3.75. Not only that, he must deliver the beer to the wholesaler, then have the wholesaler re-deliver it to him.

The problem in craft beer isn't diversity or calls for calls for diversity or the large beer makers. It's the wholesalers the rent-seeking laws they pay to put in place to protect them from competition.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash July 31, 2019 11:35 PM  

Nationalism has severely hurt dh. Killed some of his family and forced him to do things that still haunt him. He needs to believe there's a livable alternative, whether there is one or not.

Blogger Chris Ritchie July 31, 2019 11:58 PM  

I heard more of the back story with dh. Not trying to pile on. He's coming from a different perspective I didn't understand until today.

Blogger Chris Ritchie August 01, 2019 12:00 AM  

@135 - good explanation.

Blogger furor kek tonicus ( irregularly and inconsistently appended Sarc tag ) August 01, 2019 1:17 AM  

16. dh July 31, 2019 8:48 AM
This is where white separatists and nationalists fail. The only reason to be upset about this is move is if you want to retain some cultural identity for whites only. That's not nationalist, it's just white supremacy.



how strange.

an entire story devoted to how the Brewer's Association is specifically excluding White Men from events, and all dh can see is Muh WhiteManBad.

question for you, dh:
what do you call it when Black separatists and nationalists manage to organize events specifically excluding Whites?

because you damn sure do seem to like it.

Blogger wreckage August 01, 2019 3:42 AM  

Just because there's no alternative to nationalism, doesn't mean there's no alternative to pogroms.

If you simply allow people to reach a stable state of voluntary association, and protect their right to do so, generally they will sort it out.

Forcing diversity, ignoring the reality of nationality, is the invariable first step on the road to horrible violence. And the more pressure you place to keep that as the state of play, the worse the eventual violence will be.

After WW2 there were significant population swaps to create contiguous national groups coherent with nation-state borders, in the West; and massive population blending programs in the East (followed eventually by collapse into smaller but still heterogeneous nation-states). How did that work out?

dh seems to be faced with the fact that if you put too many dogs in one pen they fight and die, but is weeping, pleading, for someone - ANYONE to save him from putting the dogs in separate pens. This suggests he doesn't give two shits about the dogs.

Blogger PG August 01, 2019 4:51 AM  

Speaking of booze and stupidity. I once saw a woman genuinely upset when she discovered that a man could drink the same amount of wine as her and not be over the driving limit, yet she was. She was most annoyed at the inequality of the law to permit such an act. Honestly she was like one of those people on youtube that can't work out how fast a car that's doing 100km per hour travels in one hour. haha bless, most amusing.

Blogger Drake Stake August 01, 2019 6:35 AM  

Its just going to be 10 different flavors of Jenkem.

Blogger PJW Gent August 01, 2019 6:38 AM  

Skyler the Weird wrote:Amazingly the all Female Bold Missy brewery in Charlotte advertises xir beer with sexy images of Annie Oakley, Sally Ride, and Amelia Earhardt which are way sexier than the original womyn. I guess it's ok if Womyn objectify ugly womyn.

Interesting to note that the Bold Miss brewery has a man as their brewmaster..."REILLY FEE Brewer & Head of Leftover Consolidation."

Blogger PJW Gent August 01, 2019 6:57 AM  

VD wrote:...Craft brewing will never appeal to the vast majority of people any more than FPS will ever appeal to women. You might as reasonably cry about the dearth of women in the top 100 Fortnite players.

I have played a LOT of PUBG mobile and I was surprised at the number of women, especially black women, who play. They usually make the better teammates for 4 person teams because they tend to stick to the team concept better than a lot of guys I have played with. While they may not be among the best players (I am usually in the top 3%), they are usually good enough to be assets to your team.

Blogger Avalanche August 01, 2019 1:09 PM  

@55 "The difference between Comics and beer is no one is suggesting changing the product to suit women or men. They're simply trying to attract more people, something that every business usually consider."

So, you're not a businessman either, eh?

"Attract more people" is not the goal; attract more *CUSTOMERS* is the goal! You can have millions of people loving your ads and talking up your brand -- but if they don't BUY, your company fails.

If anything, the 'biz wisdom' is to identify your NICHE, and work to expand your fame and name IN that niche! In publishing, if an new author walks in and says: "oh! my book appeals to EVERYONE!" The publisher will show him out immediately. "Everyone" -- no one. If someone makes work boots, and tries to sell them to "more people" they'll waste time and advertising dollars on ballet dancers, who NEVER wear boots, and grannies who never wear boots, and so on and so forth!

Trying to "sell" comics to people who have never in their LIVES bought or read comics, by turning the action hero into a black disabled lesbian who hates men and only saves women... MAY "attract more people"'s attention -- but NOT buyers. And without buyers, buh-bye!

Trying to attract more women into drinking boutique beer, by calling it womyn's beer will drive OFF the men, and will NOT attract "more women" because IF they like beer, they'll try the boutique beers more folks drink. In boutique beer, "more folks drink" equals men. It ALWAYS equals men! So, please don't try to give biz advice; you stink at it!

Sincerely, a manufacturing business owner who ONLY tries to attract people who might USE my products -- we call them "customers" -- not "more people."

Blogger Avalanche August 01, 2019 1:19 PM  

@59 "And guess what, no one particularly wants to network with racists, white nationalists, or anti-civic nationalists."

You sound like that liberal media woman, as there were any other kind, who, when ... was it Nixon? Reagan? ... got elected announced herself totally mystified because: "NO ONE I know voted for him!"

MOST of my friends most definitely want and work hard TO "network with racists, white nationalists, or anti-civic nationalists"! *If only* there were still a White Aryan Dating Site! We're still hoping for a Vox Day Dread Ilk and VFM Dating site! A 'White supportive' meeting hall is a dream: even the VFW has been converged.

We used to have weekly meetings for dinner of what we not entirely jokingly called our "hate dinners"! Some 8-10-15 folks, all men but for me, would meet in a private room in a lebanese-owned restaurant, where we could speak OPENLY and FREELY about the destruction of our White European-derived Christian society and nation. We would carefully and cautiously 'sound out' other folks to see if they might fit in, before inviting them to join us. What a RELIEF it was to network with folks whose eyes were open!

Please, go back to your cucked groups, who Consevative, Inc. members tsk tsk at the idea of speaking opening, meeting openly, planning and preparing for a harsh future... and you enjoy your DIE-versity till it kills you.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 01, 2019 2:56 PM  

@Avalanche
(((Pauline Kael))), film critic for The New Yorker magazine and one of the primary leaders of the San Francisco/Berkely arts scene in the 1960s.

Blogger kurt9 August 01, 2019 11:46 PM  

I am starting to think there will be conflict in the U.S. itself at some point in the future. The liberal-left is hostile to any concept of exit as well as any autonomy from them on the part of those that want nothing to do with them. I just saw a youtube polemic, a TED talk of course, about why we cannot go to Mars. Some technical arguments were presented but the main intent and thesis was that we have to all "learn to live together" here on Earth before we cam go to space. Regardless of the technical arguments about whether we can live on Mars or not, what is very clear is that these liberal types really don't like the idea of exit on the part of those of us who don't want to be around them.

The liberal-left types clearly believe that life itself and our activities in the world around us are inherently zero-sum. I believe it is for this reason they insist that everyone be like them and do what they think we should do. I believe it is this insistence that everything is zero-sum is the reason why there will be conflict in the future. Zero-sum ALWAYS leads to conflict. I do not believe the liberal-left types realize the full implications of this.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts