ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2020 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Monday, August 05, 2019

Cloudflare cucks again

This is why you shouldn't have cucked in the first place, Matthew Prince. Once you have demonstrated your willingness to do so, you have not signaled virtue, but weakness, and thereby guaranteed that pressure will be placed on you to do so again, and again, and again:
The mass shootings in El Paso, Texas and Dayton, Ohio are horrific tragedies. In the case of the El Paso shooting, the suspected terrorist gunman appears to have been inspired by the forum website known as 8chan. Based on evidence we've seen, it appears that he posted a screed to the site immediately before beginning his terrifying attack on the El Paso Walmart killing 20 people.

Unfortunately, this is not an isolated incident. Nearly the same thing happened on 8chan before the terror attack in Christchurch, New Zealand. The El Paso shooter specifically referenced the Christchurch incident and appears to have been inspired by the largely unmoderated discussions on 8chan which glorified the previous massacre. In a separate tragedy, the suspected killer in the Poway, California synagogue shooting also posted a hate-filled “open letter” on 8chan. 8chan has repeatedly proven itself to be a cesspool of hate.

8chan is among the more than 19 million Internet properties that use Cloudflare's service. We just sent notice that we are terminating 8chan as a customer effective at midnight tonight Pacific Time. The rationale is simple: they have proven themselves to be lawless and that lawlessness has caused multiple tragic deaths. Even if 8chan may not have violated the letter of the law in refusing to moderate their hate-filled community, they have created an environment that revels in violating its spirit.
This may explain the real purpose behind the shootings: interfering with Q's communications. But regardless, Cloudflare is about to learn that there is no rest for the weak, as this comment from the Verge posted on Instapundit demonstrates.

excellent. now can Cloudfare remove DDOS protection from the GOP website until the Republicans stop being the party of white supremacist, bigots, xenophobes and racists?

Labels: ,

75 Comments:

Blogger Sweet, Sweet Victory August 05, 2019 8:42 AM  

Ironically, if they think 8chan really is a problem, this is actually a bad thing for them. Daily Stormer was dropped by Cloudflare and was maybe down for a week before they got a new host and, apparently, almost double the traffic they had with Cloudflare. According to Prince, Cloudflare is more responsible in what they host and being cooperative with law enforcement than other hosts are, so 8chan is now more untouchable and better off in a way if they come back with a host who doesn't give a shit. But because of PR bullshit, Cloudflare had to drop them, which means any website they used to host is now more lawless and free but the public will see it as a "win" or something.

More importantly, CLoudflare is now legally liable for every single website they CDN for. Safe harbor is a bitch, kiddos.

Blogger Jamie-R August 05, 2019 8:47 AM  

It's fascinating watching all the mainstream media put their tweets up and not one have a crack at it like 'the white supremacist conspiracy theory of Q' that YOU KNOW they'd be itching to put in their words.

Must not want to advertise it to the wider public I guess...

Blogger The Cooler August 05, 2019 9:02 AM  

The rationale is simple: they have proven themselves to be lawless and that lawlessness has caused multiple tragic deaths.

"caused"...

I don't know who owns 8chan but I would be suing Cloudflare yesterday.

Cloudflare routes/is the authoritative DNS for 1/3 of the Internet, by the by... Just throwing that out there.

Blogger The Observer August 05, 2019 9:09 AM  

I believe Cloudflare is also planning an IPO next month, correct me if I'm wrong. That may have helped shift the decision.

Blogger The Cooler August 05, 2019 9:17 AM  

I do hope y'all give a little gift to yourselves and read the comments section of the Cloudflare poast.

Blogger cecilhenry August 05, 2019 9:20 AM  

Every authoritarian organization always begins by silencing all criticism of its doctrine but it's never just to be mean.

It ALWAYS gives a 'Reason'.

Blogger Jab Burrwalky August 05, 2019 9:20 AM  

Lol, they cite the Anti-Defamation League as an anti-hate group. Oh, the irony.

Blogger wahr01 August 05, 2019 9:28 AM  

>they have proven themselves to be lawless

>8chan may not have violated the letter of the law

War is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength: CloudFlare

Blogger Lazarus August 05, 2019 9:31 AM  

Ron @codemonkeyz
8chan is coming back online across the world as dns is propagated. Please report any bugs or weirdness to me so I can fix it.


They moved to bitmitigate. All Michael Prince accomplished was to be invited to the cornfield to pick up nickels while being Raptor Butt Invaded by the Cabal.

Blogger Damelon Brinn August 05, 2019 9:32 AM  

Making a post to 8ch proves he was "inspired by" the site, yet these shooters all have Twitter and Facebook accounts and there's no such causality there. I dunno about that; using Facebook used to make me want to kill someone all the time.

Blogger binks webelf August 05, 2019 9:36 AM  

Prince: "Enough is enough."

The Deep State is shutting things down because reasons. This may well have been the "real target" of El Paso & Dayton, as it was in the NZ shootings: shut down the unauthorized communications networks which helped Trump win.

It's amazing how coordinated the news-coverage is of the 8chan downing.. almost as if they knew it was coming. But that would be conspiracy theorizing, which might make me a domestic terrorist in America.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/video/4138617-cloudflare-cuts-off-security-service-to-8chan-forum-after-el-paso-shooting/

Blogger Welleran August 05, 2019 9:37 AM  

I'm being radicalized by cloudflare, I need their website taken down before their actions make me too hot to handle.

Blogger Halvar Andersen August 05, 2019 9:38 AM  

Cloudflare services sites like OkCupid and Discord. How many private messages would any of the shooters have sent looking for love somewhere like OkCupid? What kind of white supremecy could be found in some old Discord recordings? Will Cloudflare be promptly cutting ties with those companies as well?

Blogger tublecane August 05, 2019 9:41 AM  

"that lawlessness has caused multiple tragic deaths"

No it hasn't. Does the robot who wrote this realize what a large statement that is? Bearing causal responsibility for tragic deaths has implications way beyond being kicked off some service. Thems duellin' words!

It's customary to put a damper between murder and hosting a forum wherein people may speak relatively freely. You say: "enabled a climate of hate that contributed to the killer's mindset." You don't flat-out say they caused it.

Blogger CF Neal August 05, 2019 9:44 AM  

Having declared August my month of fasting from MSM news, I first found out about these shootings via phone text, from a friend in Reno, NV. Then, while visiting a next door neighbor, I was asked my thoughts. I offered my prayers. Later, at church, ordinary folk shared their family problems for prayer. We several ministers offered our thoughts as well.
Now, I am resolving not to choose that my love wax cold because of such abounding iniquity.

Now's not the time to take a chill pill, blue OR red.

I will NOT be cool on Christ.

My remaining ambivalence MUST be overcome by zealous repentance & aggressive agape.

For he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 05, 2019 9:44 AM  

It's good to know your security service is unreliable, so you can make other arrangements ahead of time, before you're attacked.

Blogger binks webelf August 05, 2019 9:46 AM  

What a difference a loving Granny makes.

https://breaking911.com/tragedy-averted-feds-say-they-have-thwarted-a-mass-shooting-plot-in-lubbock-texas/

"According to a criminal complaint, on July 13, Mr. Williams allegedly told his grandmother he had recently purchased an AK-47 rifle and planned to “shoot up” a local hotel and then commit suicide by cop. Sensing he was both homicidal and suicidal, she convinced him to allow her to bring him to a local hospital instead."

Blogger Lovekraft August 05, 2019 9:52 AM  

Aside from the usual lunatics on the left fomenting race/gender war as well as fake media, people are going to be entering a new stage of awareness.

One where open discussion isn't dependent on the Sorosian agenda of ordering validity based on Victimhood Status. Sure, we'll see the last gasps of Disney's WokePatrol, crusty old Mahers and Colberts screeching, but a change is coming.

The left is known for having zero long-term thinking (eg DNC Pres'l debate where all held up hands for full benefits to illegals). They have been reduced to clowns at best, civilization-wreckers at worst.

When the alt-right presents viewpoints, they will be received because things have gotten worse during the period in which their voices were suppressed.

Blogger David Ray Milton August 05, 2019 9:55 AM  

By this logic, eventually snail mail, pen, and paper will all be banned because mass-murderers could use these mediums to express their views.

Blogger pyrrhus August 05, 2019 9:57 AM  

There are mass shootings in Chicago every weekend...surely the DNC should be cut off until they do something about it...

Blogger Borsabil August 05, 2019 10:04 AM  

The Christchurch shooter streamed live on Facebook. The video was left up for hours and shared hundreds of thousands of times.

Blogger OneWingedShark August 05, 2019 10:08 AM  

binks webelf wrote:It's amazing how coordinated the news-coverage is of the 8chan downing.. almost as if they knew it was coming. But that would be conspiracy theorizing, which might make me a domestic terrorist in America.
What's amazing are the reports of donation-pages (GoFundMe in this case) going up before the event… just like Sandy Hook.

tublecane wrote:"that lawlessness has caused multiple tragic deaths"

No it hasn't. Does the robot who wrote this realize what a large statement that is? Bearing causal responsibility for tragic deaths has implications way beyond being kicked off some service. Thems duellin' words!

The interesting thing is the pilpul here: erase the 'that' and it becomes true — lawlessness has caused multiple tragic deaths — Waco, Weavers, Bundy Ranch, Finicum, anything touched by the Clintons. But they have to twist it and associate lawlessness with "unrestricted speech" rather than real, actual lawlessness.

David Ray Milton wrote:By this logic, eventually snail mail, pen, and paper will all be banned because mass-murderers could use these mediums to express their views.
I've heard some interesting things WRT both mail-tampering and non-destructive viewing machines, I don't know how accurate/valid the latter is but AIUI the former was responsible for Randy Weaver missing a notification that a court date had been changed.

Blogger Matt August 05, 2019 10:13 AM  

8ch is already back up anyway

Blogger basementhomebrewer August 05, 2019 10:24 AM  

It's good to know your security service is unreliable, so you can make other arrangements ahead of time, before you're attacked.

Which bring up a good question. Does making an extremely public statement that you will no longer protect a very specific client from DDOS attack constitute encouraging, and aiding criminal activity? Last time I checked malicious DDOS attacks are illegal and they are definitely playing in a gray area by publicly announcing that specific clients are not being protected from criminal activity. It sounds alot like "nice shop you have here, it would be a shame if something were to happen to it".

Blogger Tars Tarkas August 05, 2019 10:28 AM  

David Ray Milton wrote:By this logic, eventually snail mail, pen, and paper will all be banned because mass-murderers could use these mediums to express their views.

There are a few people I follow who have P.O. boxes that I'll send a money order to help support. I'm paranoid about using patreon or even paypal to financially support wrong-think. It would be trivially easy for some SJW at one of these places to dox anyone supporting a particular thinker of bad thoughts. But snail mail is pretty anonymous.

Sweet, Sweet Victory wrote:More importantly, CLoudflare is now legally liable for every single website they CDN for. Safe harbor is a bitch, kiddos.

They are all getting away with this and the cucks aren't even remotely hinting that they will do anything about it.
Expect continued de-platforming.

Blogger wEz August 05, 2019 10:30 AM  

Totally disagree. They do a WAY better job of long-term thinking then those on the right. Who's been winning the culture war in the last 50 years? Hint, it's not us. Look at homo acceptance. The explosion of hate speech terms, political correctness, etc. The right talks conservation and never succeeds while the left continues to pull the country more in it's direction.
The right digs it's heels in during tug of war but never pulls more rope. The left either pulls the right in the mud fast or gains ground slowly as the right loses traction trying to hold it's ground with it's heels in the sand.
Look at our changing demographics. Minorities on average vote 75% democrat. Texas and Florida and soon to be theirs. You think this tide is changing? They're going to give illegals the right to vote when they can. They'll change the voting age to 16, they'll allow all felons in every state the right to vote, etc. It you think a few crazy ideas will stop them, it won't. We're the new minority viewpoint, and this ship is sinking fast.

Blogger Ska_Boss August 05, 2019 10:35 AM  

If we're going to ban websites because of hateful rhetoric of a tiny fraction of radicalized users (who may or may not be trolling and/or sarcastic), can we also include Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Pinterest, WhatsApp, etc.?

No? I didn't think so. So then who exactly gets to be the judge, jury and executioner for social media?

And whoever it is they are going to have to ban all video games too, since we all know those create mass murderers as well. And books. I'm pretty sure I've read a book or two that promoted terrorism.

Blogger Lovekraft August 05, 2019 10:49 AM  

@26 wEz: although you make a solid argument, it still has elements of the black pill, which is poison. Black pills are the left's specialty - how else would you describe the leaders telling their side that the latest insanity has to be now accepted as doctrine? You misinterpret being firm and steadfast as strategically unsound, but while we are shoring up and paring away, they are ripping apart.

We come from a position of tradition and wisdom i.e. teaching natural laws, exposing children to history and ethics etc whereas the left piles on new interpretations in order to avoid the whole edifice collapsing. I'd much rather be outside of Babel's tower, with the alienation and strife.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 05, 2019 11:00 AM  

And, ironically, Cloudflare just emailed me asking me to help them test a new service.
Sorry. Cloudflare just demonstrated you are unreliable by deplatforming 8chan. I'm not interested in an unreliable service provider.

Blogger J Van Stry August 05, 2019 11:00 AM  

But cloudflare won't stop service to pirates, even after being found guilty in a court of law. Hell, I think the whole purpose of cloudflare is to protect pirates and other criminals.
Because that sure does seem to be a large percentage of their customers.

Blogger Stilicho August 05, 2019 11:04 AM  

Just imagine the outcry if they applied the same standard to the left. How many unjustified killings have been inspired by Karl Marx? The DNC? Open borders advocates? Hillary Clinton?

Cloudfare has chosen the side of evil and will continue to do so. The Devil always makes it easy to choose evil and impossible to escape on your own.

Blogger J Van Stry August 05, 2019 11:05 AM  

basementhomebrewer wrote:Which bring up a good question. Does making an extremely public statement that you will no longer protect a very specific client from DDOS attack constitute encouraging, and aiding criminal activity?

I honestly believe that Cloudflare is the source of a good portion of DDOS attacks. Which is why they're so good at protecting from them. When you consider how many of their clients are criminals, that makes sense.

Blogger wEz August 05, 2019 11:12 AM  

I'm just saying they're winning and I don't see the tide changing without war or rock bottom collapse. The people that truely defy are around the 10%, maybe it can be upped to 20-30 in time. They control most of the media, the schools, and the culture at large, etc. We live in a brain dead culture of entertainment and sexual perversion.
Despite my skepticism, I appreciate your optimism and fight,and certainly hope you're right.

Blogger anorganicbear August 05, 2019 11:15 AM  

How did they verify that these were authentic posts, given the anonymous nature of the chans?

Blogger Raker_T August 05, 2019 11:33 AM  

@28 Well said. The timeline isn't consistent for them; it's this exponential thing. They started with bumper stickers in the 1970's like "Wouldn't it be nice if the Air Force had to have a bake sale to buy a new bomber?" So back then they were perceived as a different opinion. Now though, their ideas are so bizarre that they have to work hard to keep ahead of the people being woke, they have to do two for one distractions to keep people from looking at their guy Epstein, for example. Then, the harder they work, the more exposed they get. Clown World is becoming a 3 ring circus, their prince is hoping "there's a sucker born every minute", but there could be two converts at the same time.

Blogger BastionHarm August 05, 2019 11:35 AM  

wEz wrote:I'm just saying they're winning and I don't see the tide changing without war or rock bottom collapse.

Here's what I don't get...there are a lot here who chastise "black pillers"...but it seems that many of these persons agree with Vox (and I am in this camp as well) that the USSA doesn't make it out of the 2030s in its current form and that a breakup is practically inevitable already, Trump or no Trump.

What am I missing here? Because it seems that predicting the destruction of the USSA in the next 15 years is a pretty big black pill because that is going to involve a shit-ton of death and destruction as much of this country descends into bloodshed and flames.

Blogger xevious2030 August 05, 2019 11:38 AM  

Couple the deplatformings, the FBI and treating conspiracy theorists as terrorists, and big search engine manipulation with DNS lookup (for now, “free” of delisting/individual each time use/access pricing) (as an example). The stage seems to be setting to remove access, not only to social media, but to the commons internet presence as well. Which means, in addition to utilizing small platforms to work around big platforms, it is considerable that a network of communication beyond the commons internet, with a means of mass communication outreach, may become a necessity to invent and implement. Probably sooner than would be liked or comfortable. Maybe a parallel internet that forces connective capability with the masses, taking into account T-cell AI from the commons internet. As an idea for the capable without full plates.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 05, 2019 11:45 AM  

BastionHarm wrote:What am I missing here? Because it seems that predicting the destruction of the USSA in the next 15 years is a pretty big black pill because that is going to involve a shit-ton of death and destruction as much of this country descends into bloodshed and flames.
A black piller's message is "you've already lost, there's nothing you can do." It's a call to surrender, and there is a huge difference between a call to arms and a call to surrender.

Blogger Raker_T August 05, 2019 11:58 AM  

The thing is, I don't know exactly what will happen; my oft time prayer is that the Lord will give us a place to live and raise our families in a Godly way. People need to be made aware of the links between religion and politics so that there is a clarity of vision about what to seek, where to go.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd August 05, 2019 12:02 PM  

tublecane wrote:"that lawlessness has caused multiple tragic deaths"

No it hasn't. ... Thems duellin' words!


Better yet, them's libelous words. That's a direct statement that 8chan was criminally complicit. There is a reason that the MSM always says ``allegedly.''

Blogger VD August 05, 2019 12:08 PM  

What am I missing here?

The breakup is a good thing. Do you want to live under an increasingly insane foreign-dominated imperial government?

Blogger basementhomebrewer August 05, 2019 12:09 PM  

What am I missing here? Because it seems that predicting the destruction of the USSA in the next 15 years is a pretty big black pill because that is going to involve a shit-ton of death and destruction as much of this country descends into bloodshed and flames.

Blackpilling is telling everyone that they are screwed and there is nothing they can do about it. That is a message of hopelessness and offers the reader nothing in the way of hope for themselves. It breeds despair, and nihilism.

Predicting the collapse and following it up with "Here are some steps you can take to protect you and yours" is not black pilling. It is a message with a purpose. It is a message of hope, especially if you behave like Owen who then shows how homesteading is a better and happier lifestyle. Build your skills and build your community. Doing those things will make you happier, if the collapse never comes, you will still be happy. If the collapse does come, any major negative effects on your family and community will be greatly reduced.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd August 05, 2019 12:09 PM  

BastionHarm wrote:What am I missing here? Because it seems that predicting the destruction of the USSA in the next 15 years is a pretty big black pill because that is going to involve a shit-ton of death and destruction as much of this country descends into bloodshed and flames.

It may seem grim, but it's a path to victory. Also, as Snidely says, it's a call to arms, not a call to surrender.

Blogger Avalanche August 05, 2019 12:36 PM  

@36 "Because it seems that predicting the destruction of the USSA in the next 15 years is a pretty big black pill because that is going to involve a shit-ton of death and destruction as much of this country descends into bloodshed and flames."

That's just 95%-sure reality, based on Vox Day's study of the history of humanity. It's a warning to prepare, to make ready, to form your tribe, gather your arms and ammo, food and water; and if you're fool enough to live near DIE-versity, get the hell out now while you still can! FEELS awfully black -- but it's not black pill!

Black-pill is "Oh NOES!! It's all gonna end!! Get your doritos and lie on the couch and weep! There is no future!" Black-pill is: "there's no hope and it's all over, so just die."

Metaphor: "You have cancer. We have several possible options for trying to stop it; but they have some pretty painful and damaging effects. If we give you chemo and/or rad, you cannot thereafter make babies because of the mutagenic effects. However, if you go NOW and store up seed, it is possible in future you can use IVF to make those babies. You'll still have to go through the hell that is treatment, but IF you survive -- you CAN have a future! Not the one you expected, but it's still a future.

See the diff?

Blogger wahr01 August 05, 2019 12:41 PM  

Just a note the comment section on that blog entry of CloudFlare's has been nuked from orbit at least once, probably more.

They keep doing it, hoping to get positive responses, not realizing that the woke twitter they're pandering to is a contracting hive of SJW's that don't represent the greater internet community.

Blogger Balam August 05, 2019 12:45 PM  

wEz wrote:Totally disagree. They do a WAY better job of long-term thinking then those on the right. Who's been winning the culture war in the last 50 years? Hint, it's not us. Look at homo acceptance. The explosion of hate speech terms, political correctness, etc. The right talks conservation and never succeeds while the left continues to pull the country more in it's direction.

Mindless destruction is not long term planning. All they need is the want to destroy anything good or, if you want to get real specific, anything relating to Christ, history, family and nation. What you mistake as long-term thinking is just looking at the remains of Hiroshima's wasteland and thinking, 'someone planned this because the sheer level of planning it would take to flatten and ruin such a massive plane of land'. No, it just took bombing and destruction to get there. Building is hard, destruction is easy and usually mindless.

"This may explain the real purpose behind the shootings: interfering with Q's communications"

I hope Q is all right during this. It occured to me that the Deep State might be moving against the Trump staffers who make up Q during the false flag. Recall that during 2016 election season wikileaks lawyer(s) was killed as well as Julian's mentor Gavin MacFadyen and it's been speculated that that was when wikileaks top level was all wiped out and replaced by CIA during the giant DDOS attack against the US east coast.

It would be monumentally stupid to actually strike at Trump's staff like that but they may be getting desperate with the Epstein files being ordered released or unsealed or whatever on Aug 3.

Blogger English Tom August 05, 2019 12:46 PM  

@xevious2030

Check out landdestroyer.blog for Info and tips on what you are describing

Blogger English Tom August 05, 2019 12:52 PM  

@Basementhomebrewer

It is also a,message of don't be an ostrich with your head in the ground. As Sun Tzu says: "to be prepared beforehand is the greatest of virtues."

Blogger BastionHarm August 05, 2019 1:03 PM  

Blackpilling is telling everyone that they are screwed and there is nothing they can do about it.

Agreed 100% and thanks for the clarifications. I just didn't necessarily see wEz's pointing out that the Left has been winning the culture war for decades now as his saying "there's no hope and it's all over, so just die!"

Blogger BastionHarm August 05, 2019 1:05 PM  

VD wrote:What am I missing here?

The breakup is a good thing.


Agreed 100%. And it cannot come soon enough.

Blogger Balam August 05, 2019 1:11 PM  

BastionHarm wrote:Agreed 100% and thanks for the clarifications. I just didn't necessarily see wEz's pointing out that the Left has been winning the culture war for decades now as his saying "there's no hope and it's all over, so just die!"

Blackpilling is reading a book like 1984, Fight Club, or Nietzsche and taking those nihilistic morals to heart. Put the gun into your mouth and pull the trigger because there's no point.

I don't know what people are calling the alternative but redpilling would be like reading The Foundation, Earth Abides or even watching Mad Max. The impending fall should get you thinking, "How am I going to survive and even thrive". Get excited about it.

Anonymous Anonymous August 05, 2019 1:17 PM  

>This may explain the real purpose behind the shootings: interfering with Q's communications.

Yeah, sure.

Blogger wEz August 05, 2019 1:33 PM  

You're correct, it wasn't.
I also think that destruction and dependency IS there goal, and they've had well thought out goals in how to achieve that destruction, then dependency. They want to build their own model from the ground up imo. Obviously I don't think it will work. I'm just saying that their strategies have been/are more effective than the Republicans.
Look, we love Christ, homeschool, and read good blogs. Pointing out a belief in societal collapse, and thinking the democrats model for what they want has been more successful,doesn't mean I've waived the white flag. One can be on the verge of losing a war and still fight hard till the very end while seeing the inevitable demise.

Blogger Skyler the Weird August 05, 2019 1:59 PM  

I thought Law Enforcement Agencies were actively infiltrating 8Chan to look for pluckers and Natsies? Why didn't they stop him?

Blogger Doktor Jeep August 05, 2019 2:00 PM  

A breakup of a Nation is never a good thing.
It's only a less worse thing. :-)

Blogger Ominous Cowherd August 05, 2019 2:32 PM  

Doktor Jeep wrote:A breakup of a Nation is never a good thing.

Dok, this isn't the breakup of a nation, it's the breakup of an empire and the restoration of our nation.

Blogger lowercaseb August 05, 2019 2:36 PM  

it looks like BitMitigate's (the company 8chan was moving to) infrastructure provider Voxility is cutting it off.

https://twitter.com/alexstamos/status/1158406276570734592

This fight is getting real.

Blogger Thomas Bateman August 05, 2019 2:53 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger wahr01 August 05, 2019 2:54 PM  

@57

Wow that guy's twitter feed is a toxic cesspool of "1984 as manual"

Blogger lowercaseb August 05, 2019 3:12 PM  

wahr01 wrote:@57

Wow that guy's twitter feed is a toxic cesspool of "1984 as manual"


Yep...although he is a giant smug censorious ass, he is not wrong with his assessment of bitmigate's strategy of renting servers from other companies.

"In other news, this is pretty weak peering diversity for somebody who considers themselves a competitor to Cloudflare."

Blogger wahr01 August 05, 2019 3:17 PM  

@60

Now we find out whether their talk is just talk or they're going to fight for what they believe in by migrating to the infrastructure providers proven SJW-resistant by Gab.

Additionally, voxility an EU firm, competent attorneys will be rushing forward leveraging much more tenant-friendly EU anti-trust and anti-recision laws to make the rubble bounce.

Blogger Karen took the Kids August 05, 2019 4:50 PM  

I used to think VDs estimate of 2033 for breakup was too optimistic. Now I'm thinking it's not optimistic enough.

Blogger wahr01 August 05, 2019 5:19 PM  

@62

I'm far more realistic than that:

People don't choose to disrupt the fabric of society until they're under threat themselves.

Even the current over-reach is only posing a genuine threat to a small portion of people at any given time, which is why you get lone-wolf events and not crowds storming government buildings.

Things are on track for the US to progress toward UK level totalitarian oppression and then on to ANC level with any token resisters being imprisoned or killed and this being successfully dismissed as "a few unhinged wackos" a-la Waco Texas.

They are so successful in their destruction of their victims' sanity that when they do snap they simply go after randos rather than those publicly perpetrating their oppression.

There will be entire books written on the successful psychological destruction of wrong-thinkers in the future.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash August 05, 2019 5:35 PM  

wahr01 wrote:Things are on track for the US to progress toward UK level totalitarian oppression and then on to ANC level with any token resisters being imprisoned or killed and this being successfully dismissed as "a few unhinged wackos" a-la Waco Texas.


Do you know what "no more free Wacos" means? I guarantee an awful lot of armed federal agents do.

Blogger wahr01 August 05, 2019 6:04 PM  

@64

That generation of federal agents has retired and been replaced by Obama.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd August 05, 2019 6:17 PM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:Do you know what "no more free Wacos" means? I guarantee an awful lot of armed federal agents do.

The Bundy ranch affair and the Malheur affair didn't go the way Waco did.

Uncle Sam has stationed his agents in every small town in the land, so every potential lone wolf has targets close to home. Those targets have homes near the lone wolves, too.

I bet at least some of those hypothetical lone wolves would be smarter and more effective than Dorner. If there were another Waco, it would really suck to be a Fed.

Blogger Primus Pilus August 05, 2019 7:20 PM  

lowercaseb wrote:it looks like BitMitigate's (the company 8chan was moving to) infrastructure provider Voxility is cutting it off.

https://twitter.com/alexstamos/status/1158406276570734592

This fight is getting real.


No worries, just lay your own fiber optic cable networks worldwide!

Blogger Hescominsoon August 05, 2019 11:50 PM  

It is as Vox has said more than once. If you want to have a platform...build it yourself. Bitmitigate was trying to use another companies infrastructure as their own and they go yanked....build your own platforms folks.

Blogger John Bradley August 06, 2019 8:55 AM  

In the future, righteous men will have to build their own pencils from scratch... because bigotracisthomophobe.

Blogger wahr01 August 06, 2019 11:05 AM  

tangentially related, but gillette has paid an 8 billion dollar price tag for attacking their customers.

P&G had to write down the loss and it sank their entire company balance sheet deep into the red.

Blogger lowercaseb August 06, 2019 4:51 PM  

IP of the new 8 chan: http://206.223.147.214

Domain is going to take some time to propagate.

Not an engineer...just reposting what I've heard.

Blogger Rabid Ratel August 07, 2019 1:09 AM  

Thanks lowercaseb

Blogger wahr01 August 07, 2019 2:07 AM  

Which dns servers have updated, because people are throwing up fakes (see: zeronet)

Blogger wahr01 August 07, 2019 2:22 AM  

So it looks like bitmitigate lacks the ability to properly provide its services and has caved.

Epik's CEO gives a damn, so I suspect he's moving behind the scenes with medium-term plans to make that service far more anti-fragile because his enemies now smell blood.

Blogger Unknown July 22, 2020 5:15 PM  

Is sex dirty? Only when it’s being done right. Hey, i am looking for an online sex partner ;) Click on my boobs if you are interested (. )( .)

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts