ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2019 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Saturday, November 09, 2019

The downfall of conservatism

A conservative laments the betrayal of the conservative media and establishment conservatives who have been exposed by President Trump in Human Events:
What had happened to my heroes?

I understand their objection to Trump’s style—three years ago, I myself was put off by it—but style is nothing when measured against substance. Here was a president advancing their agenda—our agenda—didn’t that mean something?

Establishment conservatives were tokens, allowing liberal elites to pretend they were objective when they were fully intent on transforming American society.

At first, I attributed their open mutiny to pride. Pride is human, and prideful men often make for sore losers.

But now, after ample time to recover from their humiliation, the persistent whining from establishment conservatives has exposed a very ugly truth about our former “leaders.” The George Wills and Tom Nichols of the world were always more interested in self-promotion than advancing conservatism.

Before President Trump’s explosive entrance onto the political scene, mainstream conservatism was somewhat tolerated by gatekeepers in the media, academia, and the arts. My heroes were nuisances to America’s increasingly liberal institutions, sure, but no real threat to the progressively progressive status quo. Establishment conservatives were tokens, allowing liberal elites to pretend they were objective when they were fully intent on transforming American society.

But Donald J. Trump was a different animal altogether, one who refused to kowtow to the cultural norms of American political theater. His frank and straightforward style was intolerable to liberal puppet masters who had spent decades corralling Republicans and forcing them to play nice.

Establishment Republicans have built entire careers out of playing nice. And it shows.

The threat of banishment from cocktail parties and university lectures—over Donald Trump of all people—has been enough to force much of the right’s pundit class to toss aside their ideals to preserve mainstream acceptance.

Three years later, it’s this cadre of tamed conservatives who are lending their efforts to the left’s never-ending coup against the President.
I am ever so pleased to have resolutely refused to ever describe myself, or allow others to describe me, as a conservative. I trust my reasons for having done so are now eminently clear to all and sundry.

And it's good to see more and more former conservatives seeing the light about the intrinsically false nature of their pseudo-philosophy and its nonexistent principles.

Labels:

66 Comments:

Blogger Glen Sprigg November 09, 2019 8:56 AM  

The 'conservatives' outed themselves well before Trump was elected; National Review's anti-Trump issue was a declaration of war against the right, exposing the intelligentsia as the phonies they always were.

Arguably, Trump's greatest contribution to America is the exposure of the phony right and their true agenda. For the first time, the entire world sees the truth of the establishment on both sides of the aisle. And the sunlight is making them steam and squirm like the troglodytes they truly are.

Blogger Shane Bradman November 09, 2019 8:58 AM  

I only thought I was a conservative when I was a teenager and didn't know there were other options. Conservative principles are good for nothing and only serve to replace Christian principles for those that hate God.

Blogger The Cooler November 09, 2019 9:06 AM  

I am so embarrassed by my country. And not for a single reason conservatives or anyone else of the cultural or political Left think I should be.

Blogger AT November 09, 2019 9:07 AM  

When people say "I like Trump's policies but I don't like his style" you should always respond: "I agree. I wish he would be more like Jesus and drive the Democrats out of Congress with a hand-braided whip."

Blogger David Ray Milton November 09, 2019 9:09 AM  

Conservatism: How To Strategically Cede Ground For Decades Without Staining Your Bow Tie.

By Never Trumpers

Blogger rognuald November 09, 2019 9:40 AM  

Conservative talking heads only purpose was to serve as a pressure valve so Americans wouldn't become so pissed they would actually do something.

Blogger Brett baker November 09, 2019 9:50 AM  

How did Sam Francis put it? "William F. Buckley wanted to 'make conservativism acceptable for a Manhattan cocktail party'. Unfortunately for conservativism, he succeeded."

Blogger Silent Draco November 09, 2019 10:01 AM  

Conservatives have to go back. Nowhere to go? Well, too bad.

Blogger Doktor Jeep November 09, 2019 10:05 AM  

Ridiculing the bowties is essential to our survival.

Blogger Hammerli 280 November 09, 2019 10:10 AM  

@7: Yup. I suspect that a history of politics written in 2100 will regard Buckley as doing crippling damage to conservative efforts. He was running a rent-seeking operation for decades.

And Trump has smashed it. Permanently. The Plutocratic wing of the GOP may not admit it, but they are not getting power again. Especially if Trump gets reelected.

Blogger Tallen November 09, 2019 10:54 AM  

If it takes a little coarse language and off-color jokes to secure the future of the Republic and stave off the threats posed by an increasingly radical American left—so be it.

Helicopter rides would twist my bow-tie just a bit too much though.

Blogger John Rockwell November 09, 2019 10:55 AM  

@Shane Bradman

The other way enemies present false alternatives is to accuse us of ist or a nazi or other defeatable groups or patterns. So that we may become what they accuse us of through repetition. Repeat a lie with conviction that it is already established fact to brainwash us.

Boxing us into a defeatable category they know how to deal with.

Blogger rcocean November 09, 2019 10:58 AM  

Needs to be remembered that most of these Conservative "Heroes" were chosen by the liberal media. George Will, J-Pod, David Brooks, Burt Stephens, Peggy Noonan, Jennifer Rubin, David Frum, Erick Erickson, Jonah Goldberg, Ben Shapiro, Bill Kristol, etc. were all SELECTED and FINANCED by moderates and liberals to be the Conservative Opposition. They were the ones given TV spots, newspaper columns and even Magazines. Note that the "Conservatives" that have true popularity with the Right, Derbyshire, Steyn,Limbaugh, Coulter, Levin, etc. either supported Trump, or stopped being "Never Trumpers" when faced with a Hillary Presidency.

Blogger Michael November 09, 2019 11:07 AM  

One of the conceits these grifters have skated on for years was the carefully-crafted image of standing on principle, snowing their trusting readers from ever asking who pays them to write their risible, high-handed columns. These dorks aren't working for free.

Blogger Section 8A November 09, 2019 11:13 AM  

It makes even more clear why Joe Sobran and Sam Francis were excommunicated all those years ago. They were too willing to mess up the bow ties and didn't care about the cocktail parties.

Blogger Badpainter November 09, 2019 11:14 AM  

Conservatives are such good losers. No one accepts defeat with such cowardly grace as the consevative. They are the embodiment of fair play, good sportsmanship and all the other lies we were taught as children.

I used to identify as one them. Then I got tired of losing, and being mocked for maintaining the decorum of the good loser. I much prefer winning at whatever cost is necessary.

Blogger Quilp November 09, 2019 11:30 AM  

The most dangerous aspect of these grifters was always that they convinced millions of young men they were the embodiment of a Christian man, and later Judeo-Christian man. David French is still trying to sell that.

Blogger nidus of inflection November 09, 2019 11:38 AM  

His frank and straightforward style was intolerable to liberal puppet masters who had spent decades corralling Republicans and forcing them to play nice.

Establishment Republicans have built entire careers out of playing nice. And it shows.


This gains meaning when you consider "nice" to mean an agreeable, ignorant fool. And a bit more if you draw the connection to mean anti-Logos.

Thanks to artensoll and God Emperor Memes for sharing Ann Barnhardt's video a few weeks ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2ugh_DuYMM

Blogger Jake November 09, 2019 11:41 AM  

I've recently gotten into an argument with some conservatives about my departure from "conservatism" Its really amazing how bent out of shape these guys get when you attack these ideals they have linked their identity to. Its always a massive list of excuses as to why they are always defeated. They couldn't name a single victory that was achieved by conservatives in the last 50 years.

I'm glad I stayed with Owen after Crowder and I'm glad to have found the real right.

Blogger SciVo November 09, 2019 12:20 PM  

Quilp wrote:David French is still trying to sell that.

Conservative = loser
David French = conservative
David French = loser
QED

But seriously, it cheers my heart to see how roundly he is mocked and scorned by the new right. He worked really hard to earn the position of whipping boy and deserves every bit of it.

Blogger Damelon Brinn November 09, 2019 12:21 PM  

A couple of conservative friends recently said something like, "I wish Trump wasn't the way he is on social media, but damn if he isn't getting things done." The first part is sounding more perfunctory than ever, and it's probably based more on what the media says he's doing than anything he's actually doing. But I think they're about ready to drop the disclaimer, because they see that he is getting the job done.

Blogger kurt9 November 09, 2019 12:24 PM  

A friend of mine always called post-Reagan "conservative, inc." the loyal opposition. Trump has done a good job in gutting them. What has been astonishing to me is how they have denounced and tried to undermine Trump every turn of the way despite Trump pursuing the most conservative agenda since Reagan.

Trump is literally only the second president in my lifetime that I like (Reagan was the other one). My concern is that the Senate GOP may turn out to be gutless wonders who vote with the Democrats for impeachment (despite there being no impeachable offense to begin with). I think this scenario unlikely. However, if it happens, it will mean an end to the republic as we know it. We will be in uncharted territory from that point on.

Blogger kurt9 November 09, 2019 12:25 PM  

BTW, Lindsey Graham appears to be slowly growing a pair these days.

Blogger Quilp November 09, 2019 12:58 PM  

Gee, thanks for the lesson. Seriously?

Blogger SciVo November 09, 2019 1:04 PM  

Quilp wrote:Gee, thanks for the lesson. Seriously?

It wasn't about you. It was about David French.

Blogger Crew November 09, 2019 1:07 PM  

They can't permit their enemies to allow them to win. They can't permit the enemy to rob them of their cuckianity. The moment they find it easy to win is the moment their enemy has won and destroyed their cuckianity.

Blogger SciVo November 09, 2019 1:10 PM  

kurt9 wrote:Trump is literally only the second president in my lifetime that I like (Reagan was the other one). My concern is that the Senate GOP may turn out to be gutless wonders who vote with the Democrats for impeachment (despite there being no impeachable offense to begin with). I think this scenario unlikely. However, if it happens, it will mean an end to the republic as we know it. We will be in uncharted territory from that point on.

Ditto. And I would expect things to get sporty in that case, because it would be nothing less than a bloodless coup, and no holds would be barred.

Blogger Oswald November 09, 2019 1:32 PM  

Guilty as charged. I thought I was a conservative. The cracks were there though that I was not. Like when I realized conservatives thought the constitution was the final authority and not God. When I realized more Republican appointed Supreme Court Justices voted for Roe vs Wade. That when the Republicans (Prior to Trump) got in charge they always did nothing for us. And how Republicans were always afraid, always.

I didn't like Trumps style during the election, but I liked what he was saying. And then when they brought out the pu__y grabbing tape in an attempt to destroy him, and unlike every other Republican, he refused to back down and refused to resign, I knew at last we had a leader that was not afraid.

Today, thanks a great deal to this blog, I no longer say I am a conservative. Because this is a war. We did not win World War II, by playing nice. We won by doing many distasteful things, like bombing all of their cities. I won't say that was unethical though, because that I suspect is a silly concept dreamed up by liberals and accepted by conservatives, so that people won't liberal fight fire with fire. I'm not saying necessarily that the end justifies the means, but if you live by the sword you die by the sword. And if the left is intent on using a dirty bag of tricks, then why should we not use the same dirty bag of tricks against them?

Blogger Dick November 09, 2019 1:54 PM  

Glen, OT interesting factoid: my last name, "Sprague", used to be "Sprigg" about a thousand years ago.

Blogger Crew November 09, 2019 2:15 PM  

@26: That was paraphrased from a SF novel I was reading today.

They often preach the desire to avoid losing their humanity by taking the obvious steps against opponents who eat their victims (despite how unlikely that is.)

Blogger Glen Sprigg November 09, 2019 2:23 PM  

Yeah, I'm sure the name has changed over the centuries. I found out there was a guy named 'Spriggs' who played major league baseball for the Royals and Pirates back in the 1960s. Not a relative, though; he's black. Still alive, so it would be interesting to track him down and get some family history. He's almost certainly of slave descent, born in Maryland in 1937.

A few years ago, I found out that my grandfather's uncle was knighted in the Boer War. My mother's side is as French-Canadian as it gets; my great-aunt traced our family tree to the first group of settlers that came over with Champlain. History is awesome.

Blogger Brian Dean November 09, 2019 2:28 PM  

Owen Benjamin is the anti-christ.
Proof: Let A = -1, B = 5, C = 11, ... , Z = 149
Then Owen Benjamin = 83 + 131 + 23 + 77 + 5 + 23 + 77 + 53 + -1 + 71 + 47 + 77 = 666

Blogger Ominous Cowherd November 09, 2019 2:48 PM  

Crew wrote:@26: That was paraphrased from a SF novel I was reading today.

Modern SF is SJW crap, mostly.

Blogger Dan November 09, 2019 3:07 PM  

The deliverance of "brutal honesty" is no fault if it is deserved. Mr. Trump is nothing if not brutally honest.

Honest Conservatives should learn from him.

Blogger Dan in Georgia November 09, 2019 3:40 PM  


ATNovember 09, 2019 9:07 AM
When people say "I like Trump's policies but I don't like his style" you should always respond: "I agree. I wish he would be more like Jesus and drive the Democrats out of Congress with a hand-braided whip."

Good one. I tell people that yup, I know he’s an asshole. I’m an asshole too. I’d rather be hated and feared than laughed at and pushed around. Trump is feared. And he hits back. Hard.

Blogger John Rockwell November 09, 2019 3:44 PM  

@Oswald

It doesnt even have to be having to be as dirty as them. Its about being effective.

And I think like as in WWii. Bombing factories and the like were effective.

However bombing dresden isnt but seem to be out of spite and sheer hatred.

Alongside the later camps that were intended to exterminate the german people.

Unlike the atomic bombs which were required to tip the balance in favor of the peace faction in Japan which was the minority at the time and finally persuade the Emperor to surrender with support from majority of Japan.

Blogger WileyCoyote November 09, 2019 4:34 PM  

Being nice is not how you win. The left is brutal and never apologize for their actions because they think they occupy the moral higher ground. Conservatives think they can reason with the left - time and time again they lose and lose ground. Trump has the ability to take it and punch back harder. He always wins - he showed the repubs how to do it and to this day - they simply will not stand the eff up.

Blogger Dan November 09, 2019 4:56 PM  

"However bombing dresden isnt but seem to be out of spite and sheer hatred."

No doubt there was a lot of hatred because of the brutality of the Germans, but the scorched earth policy was more about demoralization than anything else.

"Alongside the later camps that were intended to exterminate the german people."

With due respect -- Prove it!

Blogger MrNiceguy November 09, 2019 5:01 PM  

In his podcast recently, Dennis Miller said, "If Trump acted presidential, he wouldn't be president." Sums it up well. It would be better if we faced a civilized opposition that was willing to see reason and come to an acceptable compromise. Instead, they hate us and want us dead. Trump is the man the age requires.

Blogger VD November 09, 2019 5:44 PM  

With due respect -- Prove it!

It's proved. Do your homework.

Blogger Macs November 09, 2019 5:57 PM  

That was a great article. I disagree with the wrap-up though. The traitors aren't doing it out of self-interest alone, they uave created an environment in the media which destroys loyal Americans. He is flipping the cause and effect because he still doesn't understand just how evil these people are.

Blogger Boaty Bear November 09, 2019 6:43 PM  

Or to simplify it...

"If you hold higher standards than your enemy....you WILL Lose!" - St Efan

Blogger Boaty Bear November 09, 2019 6:46 PM  

The Morganthau plan - 1945-1954.

Blogger The Pitchfork Rebel November 09, 2019 10:49 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger The Pitchfork Rebel November 09, 2019 10:51 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger The Pitchfork Rebel November 09, 2019 10:52 PM  

Maybe the third time is a charm.

I will always be conservative in disposition, because I realize the world is complex and there are things that I should not eagerly demolish like the left aspires to do.

However, I will never be a part of Conservative, Inc or a consumer of its preemptive surrender and collaboration with the enemy. I just wish I had realized the calumny against Pat Buchanan was signal and not noise.

Blogger Toris November 09, 2019 11:08 PM  

Our peace-builders have gone from joking in private that they are "conserving liberalism" to often openly stating that they have been working to "conserve the liberal order" (or variant thereof -> liberal internationalism/liberal democracy. The lovely Liberal International Order of old with those equally lovely ideals of universal brotherhood/world brotherhood.)

Blogger RickZ November 10, 2019 3:49 AM  

@John Rockwell:

However bombing dresden isnt but seem to be out of spite and sheer hatred.
---------

This is the sort of historical revisionism I absolutely detest. It shows a lack of understanding of the History of the time coupled with superimposing today's [supposed] morality onto the past; these are big-time historical fallacies. Dresden was a major road and rail transportation hub, along with having war-related factories within the city. "[S]pite and sheer hatred" had nothing to do with the bombing of Dresden in WWII.

https:// www.thoughtco.com/world-war-ii-bombing-of-dresden-2360531 [remove space before the 'www']

"--SNIP--

Why Dresden


The largest remaining unbombed city in the Third Reich, Dresden was Germany's seventh-largest city and a cultural center known as the "Florence on the Elbe." Though a center for the arts, it was also one of Germany's largest remaining industrial sites and contained over 100 factories of various sizes. Among these were facilities for producing poison gas, artillery, and aircraft components. In addition, it was a key rail hub with lines running north-south to Berlin, Prague, and Vienna as well as east-west Munich and Breslau (Wroclaw) and Leipzig and Hamburg.

--SNIP--"

Please stop with your ahistorical nonsense.

Blogger Karen took the Kids November 10, 2019 7:51 AM  

I admire your foresight. The irony is lost on today's conservatives that with every advancing minute they have less and less to pretend to conserve.

Blogger Dan November 10, 2019 10:02 AM  

"It's proved. Do your homework"

Perhaps I don't know what he was referring to -- care to elaborate? Because if he is inferring that there was a concerted effort by us to eliminate the German people, well that is just beyond ridiculous.

Blogger Dan November 10, 2019 10:32 AM  

"Alongside the later camps that were intended to exterminate the german people."

I admit to not being the sharpest knife in the drawer, but would you please explain that statement.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash November 10, 2019 11:11 AM  

After the war, the US Army set up "camps", in Germany, and forced most of the surrendering German soldiers into them. There they were deprived of clothing, intentionally starved, forbidden to build any shelter, were not allowed relief supplies and were forced to endure the German winter in whatever remained of their summer uniforms. It is estimated that as many as 2 million died, but no one knows, because it was forbidden to keep records.
The general populace in the American Zone was allowed 900 calories per day. It was an imprisonable offense for any American soldier or Army employee to provide food to any German national, even table scraps were required to be burned.

Blogger Dan November 10, 2019 12:06 PM  

OK, thanks for the clarification. I understand that there were atrocities committed on all sides during and after the war. But to accuse the US of attempted genocide because our forces were overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of POWs at the end of such a devastating world war is, in my opinion, uncalled for.

Was there a lot of hatred. Yes, but was it understandable and inevitable. However, to say it was a calculated policy on the part of the government to "exterminate" the German people seems, to say the least, far fetched to me.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash November 10, 2019 2:04 PM  

Dan wrote:because our forces were overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of POWs at the end of such a devastating world war
This is absolutely false. Not least because they were not Prisoners of War. Eisenhower created a new category "Disarmed Enemy Troops" for them, specifically so they did have to be treated humanely under the Geneva Convention.
Refusing the Red Cross the ability to provide blankets and food, and deliberately limiting the diet of the average German to starvation levels are intentional acts, not being "overwhelmed". These things were done intentionally , and with only one possible motivation, and that wasn't to wind up festivities and go home.
German regular Army soldiers fared better under Russian treatment than American.

Blogger Dan November 10, 2019 2:40 PM  

There are ALWAYS two sides to a story. I have read things both pro and con relating to this and have come to the conclusion that, for the most part, the allies were simply overwhelmed by the numbers of people left adrift after the war. And of coarse they were in no mood to sacrifice any more blood and gold to accommodate the very people that brought this worldwide carnage upon us. In my opinion, it is naïve to think otherwise.

Most of the death and misery was the result of circumstantial neglect. Tragic, but for the most part, unavoidable. There is a reason why war is described as hell.

Blogger SciVo November 10, 2019 3:19 PM  

Not to mention, we were sending food to the godless commies at the same time. We were not tapped out; the starving of the Germans was policy.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash November 10, 2019 3:34 PM  

Dan wrote:he allies were simply overwhelmed by the numbers of people left adrift after the war.
There is a very large difference between standing in a huge crowd unable to cope, and actively preventing starving people from getting food and actively preventing people from getting adequate clothing or shelter in a fierce Central European winter.
The Red Cross, the Lutheran Relief Services and the US Catholic Bishops' Relief service were THERE, on site, with food and blankets. It was not "Oh no! What do we do???" It was a deliberate and intentional refusal to allow food to reach starving people.
Dan wrote:Most of the death and misery was the result of circumstantial neglect.
It was every bit as intentional as the deaths of Concentration Camp victims.

Blogger SciVo November 10, 2019 4:35 PM  

Indeed, there is a better argument to be made for the Nazis starving the Jews with regret than for the Allies starving the Germans with regret. At least the former were at war.

Blogger Dan November 10, 2019 7:59 PM  

I cannot believe the responses I am getting. Moral equivalence run amuck. We are attacked and sacrifice everything to help save the world from a thousand years of darkness, only to be judged as just as evil as the very evil that we stamped out. This is an example of comparing wrongs that are the rule to wrongs that are the exception to the rule.

I am sorry, but I will have to agree to disagree on this issue.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash November 11, 2019 1:35 AM  

Dan wrote:I cannot believe the responses I am getting. Moral equivalence run amuck. We are attacked and sacrifice everything to help save the world from a thousand years of darkness, only to be judged as just as evil as the very evil that we stamped out. This is an example of comparing wrongs that are the rule to wrongs that are the exception to the rule.


Jesus H. Christ you're stupid.
Do you even know what the words "moral equivalency" mean. I'm not saying that all bad things are equally bad so we should never judge. I'm saying that the same act, the intentional starvation of millions of innocent and harmless people is a monstrsity regardless of who commits it. The German soldiers had surrendered themselves and turned over their weapons. Their deaths were the intended effect of the policies set by the US Army.
Take off the propaganda filters for a minute and THINK for God's sake. The Germans and the Nazi were not uniquely evil, regardless of how many movies you watched. The US was not uniquely virtuous.
The typical German regular Army soldier was courageous, disciplined, professional, and willing and able to endure almost unbelievable suffering to do his duty. It is because of the Nazi movement that Germany was saved from Bolshevism in the 1930s.
Our Allies, the Russians were hellbent on the conquest of Europe, it was only the presence of the German Army that prevented it.

Blogger The Cooler November 11, 2019 7:17 AM  

Yuh huh the Germans were too the most evilist evil to evar evil. I saw so on the Ancient Hitler Aliens channel.

Blogger Dan November 11, 2019 10:28 AM  

Yes, I guess I am stupid for thinking that the Nazi movement was evil. Stupid for thinking that our nation did what had to be done to survive that war and stupid for thinking that it takes time -- a lot of time -- to sort things out after such a devastating conflict. Stupid for thinking that once a man or a nation is pushed into self preservation mode it is hard to shut it down when the immediate threat is over. Stupid for thinking that a war waged for conquest and genocide occupies the same moral ground as one waged in self defense.

Blogger Uindo November 11, 2019 11:14 AM  

@Dan
Here try this on for size
''But to accuse Germany of attempted genocide because their forces were overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of Jewss in the middle of such a devastating world war is, in my opinion, uncalled for.''

A thousand years of darkness? Do you propose humanity is in a current thousand years of light?

Blogger Snidely Whiplash November 11, 2019 11:22 AM  

Dan wrote:
Yes, I guess I am stupid for thinking that the Nazi movement was evil.
Reading comprehension is a thing. You should check it out. It will make your life easier, and reduce your stress.

Stupid for thinking that our nation did what had to be done to survive that war
What was the existential threat to the United States during WWII? We'll wait for the answer.

and stupid for thinking that it takes time -- a lot of time -- to sort things out after such a devastating conflict.
This is a self-generated rationalization for the intentional murder of hundreds of thousands, if not millions. Would you accept the excuse from the Nazis that all those Jews that died in the slave labor camps were the victims of mismanagement, not intentional murder?

Stupid for thinking that once a man or a nation is pushed into self preservation mode it is hard to shut it down when the immediate threat is over.
Once again, what was the existential threat to the US during WWII? Neither Japan nor Germany offered the slightest possibility of destroying or conquering the US. Ever. The fact that it's been repeated to you so many times doesn't make it true.
There were many reasons to go to war, some of them good ones, particularly against Japan. But it was not a "war of survival" even for France, let alone Britain, Canada, Oz or the US.

Stupid for thinking that a war waged for conquest and genocide occupies the same moral ground as one waged in self defense.
We were not talking about the war in general, but the specific actions of American officers that resulted in the intentional deaths of perhaps a million men.

Look, I realize that like most people, you have been thoroughly indoctrinated in The Narrative, and trained to stop thinking the moment any thought challenging The Narrative starts to crop up in your mind. You need to realize you've been lied to your entire life, and many of civic pieties you were taught at your mother's TV screen were intentional lies designed to make you a subject to a foreign ideology.
You're stupid for refusing to think honestly about the issue, and instead regurgitating lies.

Blogger Dan November 11, 2019 11:50 AM  

Yes, I guess I am stupid for thinking that the Nazi movement was evil.

"Reading comprehension is a thing. You should check it out."

I am trying to be patient in disregarding your insults -- please tell me how I misunderstood your comment that "the Nazi were not uniquely evil". No one can deny that the Nazi Party and it's various enforcers like the Gestapo and brown shirts were evil at their core.

And I am not denying that some acts of cruelty were committed by us during and after the war. However, there was not a master plan to eliminate the German people.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash November 11, 2019 12:00 PM  

Dan wrote:I am trying to be patient in disregarding your insults -- please tell me how I misunderstood your comment that "the Nazi were not uniquely evil". No one can deny that the Nazi Party and it's various enforcers like the Gestapo and brown shirts were evil at their core.
See, there you go again. What part of the word "unique" do you not understand? How many Ukrainians were killed by the Soviets? How many Chinese were killed by the Maoists? How many Armenians were killed by the Turks? How many Serbs were killed by Albanian Kosovars?
Or was it the fact that a (((particular tribe))) that was targeted that makes it unique? We are men of ideas, special pleading does not become us.

Dan wrote:However, there was not a master plan to eliminate the German people.
There absolutely was. It was called the Morgenthau Plan. The idea was to reduce the German population to starving peasants, and miscgenate them out of existence. It was not fully implemented, and Marshall won the internal State Department battles in the end, but the plan certainly existed.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts