ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2019 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Saturday, February 22, 2020

OK Boomer

A Boomer booms defensively:
It's always hilarious to read a Gen-Xer's attempt to blame things on Boomers, instead of where it belongs: in Obama's generation, GenX. Projection is ugly to look at, but it's alive and well in the GenX Boomer Bashers. 
Barack Obama was born in 1961. The Baby Boomer generation ended in 1964. In addition to their vast panoply of other generational flaws, Boomers are observably stupid.






Labels:

146 Comments:

Blogger The Masked Menace February 22, 2020 11:10 AM  

1964. That would make some Boomers four or five years old at Woodstock.

Blogger Johnny February 22, 2020 11:13 AM  

Seems to me like the real problem with the Boomer generation is tolerance. The Greatest Generation set things up for them so well that they feel no need to be strident. It all just gets a pass even as they use up the accumulated social capital from the past.

Tolerance is a passive virtue. The most common expression is inaction.

Selfishness gets a pass because it is going to be there regardless. The issue is how does it get expressed. Selfish for the self, the family, the tribe, the clan, the nation?

Blogger Robert What? February 22, 2020 11:14 AM  

I'm a Boomer and I hate Boomers. We really have fucked up the world. I'm still a hard working productive business owner and employer.

Blogger Seeingsights February 22, 2020 11:15 AM  

Another error the Boomer makes is to put the blame on Gen X. Heck, Gen Xers entered positions of power and influence only around 10 years ago.

Blogger SJ February 22, 2020 11:16 AM  

What I hate most about my boomer parents and my boomer in laws is how they compete with their own children. Rather than help us succeed they viewed, and still do view us, as competition.

We're your kids boomers. What happened to the idea of the wise elder?

Blogger Student in Blue February 22, 2020 11:19 AM  

Incoming 200+ comment thread.

Blogger Dave February 22, 2020 11:19 AM  

Aha, classic. And nice job Lola Bear.

Blogger p_q February 22, 2020 11:21 AM  

In before 100-300 comments like every other boomer post because boomers can't live and let live and have to defend their generations honor.

Blogger MagisterLudi February 22, 2020 11:27 AM  

There's a special category of Boomer born when TV became mainstream (1955-1964) that believes everything the media tells them.

Blogger urthshu February 22, 2020 11:31 AM  

Anybody that would wear a dashiki and hang out with the Weather Underground is obviously a Boomer.

Blogger timothyjander February 22, 2020 11:42 AM  

How dare you. We went to the Moon.

Blogger Uncle John's Band February 22, 2020 11:47 AM  

Cue the walls of text bleating about not being like that that are exactly like that.

Or the perennial favorite - how things that happened half a century are why they believe what they do now.

Blogger Hammerli 280 February 22, 2020 11:56 AM  

I'm going to differ with you a bit on this one, Vox.

Hussein Obama is the exception that proves the rule. Being born in 1961 puts him in the middle of the Baby Bust decade group, not the Brat Boomers. Intellectually, he's a Brat, with the mindset of someone born a decade earlier...although I think the Communist influence and the race-baiting career are more important.

But the whole notion of a 20-year political generation is wrong. The sample rate is too low, you'll get false results. Look at history in terms of a 10-year political generation and things will become much clearer.

Blogger Felis Concolor February 22, 2020 12:08 PM  

Okay boomer; you can lecture, harangue, scold and mock us all you want, but know this: your generation's legacy will be a nation's wealth reduced to ashes, scattered over sprawling acres of crumbling McMansions, right next to fields of rotting RVs, all sporting a faded, peeling bumper sticker - and we all know what that bumper sticker says.

Blogger ZhukovG February 22, 2020 12:09 PM  

I go with Strauss and Howe's generational dates:

Baby Boomers born 1943 - 1960
Generation X born 1961 - 1981

And so on.

That said, I don't think Barack Obama fits any particular American generation. Even though he was likely born in Hawaii. He was largely raised in foreign countries. In fact, is Hawaii really an American State, beyond geography?

Blogger justaguy February 22, 2020 12:10 PM  

Just remember the problem is progressives and their ideology. Looks like everyone can blame the boomers because progressives will finally take over once the boomers leave.

Blogger Fargoth February 22, 2020 12:13 PM  

In defense of the boomers:

The first generation to fluoridated in utero, then be raised on the television.

They're in the grave already, why waste any energy hating them? Find a way to take their money and move on.

Blogger Nate February 22, 2020 12:24 PM  

Bob the Boomer is a piece of shit.

Blogger Morrisfactor February 22, 2020 12:24 PM  

Tracing the downfall of America, five major events led to our decline:

THE TENDER YEARS DOCTRINE of 1830 (when men voted to give up their own children to divorcing mothers -leading to alimony, child support, and loss of children). The divorce rate in 1830 was less than 5%, now it's 50% because divorce laws encourage women to divorce for kids, cash, and prizes.

THE FEDERAL RESERVE in 1913. When bribed members of Congress decided to let five Jewish owned banks run our monetary system (and syphon off trillions in the process), our financial future was hamstrung with never ending inflation. Government doesn't control our purse strings, big banks do.

WOMEN'S SURRERAGE. Though most states had already given females the vote (starting with Wyoming in 1870), ratifying that amendment in 1920 assured that the country, with a majority of female voters eligible, would become a Matriarchy. The US budget doubled within five years of its passage and 80% of our burgeoning social welfare programs go to females.

CREATION OF THE CIA in 1947. From one ruinous foreign entanglement to another (Korea, Iran, Cuba, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan) and implicit in running drugs and firearms, overthrowing governments, misleading the public with fake information ("the missile gap"), funding Gloria Steinem and MS magazine, spying on president Trump, and most likely responsible for the assassination of John Kennedy, no government agency has been more rogue and less American than the CIA/Deep State. And more incompetent.

THE IMMIGRATION ACT of 1965. Sold to the public as a more humane immigration process and told it would have little effect on our immigration policy, this disastrous piece of legislation tightened the spigot of desirable Europeans and replaced them with Third World, untrained immigrants with little to offer and many reasons to receive public assistance. Since 1965, 84 million, mostly uneducated, immigrants have flooded the country, driving down wages, flooding schools, creating a housing shortage, and averaging fifteen years of public assistance before they can stand on their own. Today, one out of every four people wasn't even born in the USA.

You can blame boomers for some things, but if you study the list above, you can see that the MAJOR legislative policies shaping America were already in play before any boomers were fifteen years old.

Blogger furor kek tonicus ( no need to be racist, Ratchets can Karen better than anybody ) February 22, 2020 12:27 PM  

" in Obama's generation, GenX. "


this is the kind of broad based, in-depth competence for which Boomers have a justly earned reputation.

that's right Boomers, you're the GREATEST!

Blogger Snidely Whiplash February 22, 2020 12:40 PM  

"Let' throw out 3500 years of cultural wisdom and tradition! What could possibly go wrong?"

"It's not my fault the civilization is collapsing! It's the kids I ignored. Well, the ones I allowed to survive to birth anyway."

Blogger Snidely Whiplash February 22, 2020 12:47 PM  

Morrisfactor wrote:The divorce rate in 1830 was less than 5%, now it's 50% because divorce laws encourage women to divorce for kids, cash, and prizes.
The actual divorce rate is just over 25%, around 20% for first marriages, and just over 10% for first Christian marriages.

Blogger furor kek tonicus ( no need to be racist, Ratchets can Karen better than anybody ) February 22, 2020 12:47 PM  

also, note the projection.

in the 1960s and 70s, Boomers hated anybody over 30. so much so, that they made a hit out of Logan's Run.

now they hate everybody under 60 ( even other Boomers ). Xers are whiners, Millenials are weenies and Zoomers are incipient fascists ... according to Boomerfags.

but it's everybody else who has the problem. mostly because they don't like the Beatles.

Blogger Daniel February 22, 2020 12:48 PM  

Boomers should stop trusting people over 30 to do math.

Blogger Manuel February 22, 2020 12:50 PM  

The Beatles suck, boomer. Either help to rebuild or go and die.
-Sincerely, everybody.

Blogger Dos Voltz February 22, 2020 12:51 PM  

Burn an American flag and his eyes might well up a bit, but he'll shrug and say "that's the price of free speech, and though I disagree with you, I'll defend to the death your right to do it." Sniffles...

Burn an Israeli flag and he'll scream at you "You can't do that!! They're our greatest ally! And Holocaust!" He might even take a swing at you while the veins in his forehead pop out.

But burn a gay pride flag and he'll call the police and advocate a jail sentence of 16 years.

Which really happened. https://defconnews.com/2019/12/20/this-guy-got-16-years-in-prison-for-burning-an-lgbt-rainbow-flag/

Blogger Ominous Cowherd February 22, 2020 12:51 PM  

There's plenty of blame to go 'round. The rest of us look at the mess, look at our part in it, and resolve to do better, or at least make new mistakes.

Boomers lecture us on why it's not their fault, and double down on the same old stuff.

Blogger Damelon Brinn February 22, 2020 12:53 PM  

They want to pull the dividing line back to 1961 to cut down on how many worthless members they get blamed for. Someone born in 1961 might not be a prototypical Boomer, being too young to claim to have been at Woodstock. But he certainly isn't Gen-X.

As far as Obama goes, what's more Boomer than writing a navel-gazing memoir before you've done anything, crapping on your grandparents to score political points, skating through college on connections and handouts, and getting promoted all through your career for diversity's sake?

Blogger Emmett Fitz-Hume February 22, 2020 12:53 PM  

ZhukovG wrote:In fact, is Hawaii really an American State, beyond geography?

Most of Canada feels more American than Hawaii does. And its not just the climate.

Blogger Dan in Georgia February 22, 2020 12:58 PM  

One thing I hear from my fellow boomers is that if they acknowledge the future calamity, they shrug their shoulders and say "well, I'm glad I won't be around for that!". It infuriates me worse than the ones who go "don't be ridiculous, that won't happen!" because they know better.

People my age (56) and some older Gen Xers are impossible to communicate with because they have been coasting for years, never having a major disruption like a divorce or illness hit them upside the head. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but I have a fresh respect for Millennials and Zoomers who will see a lot of upheaval in their lives. They will blame us, and rightfully so.

Blogger weka February 22, 2020 1:02 PM  

What I'm seeing is a bunch of progressive morons doubling down and (at least in NZ) policing feels aka hate speech not crimes. Our current government are younger than our merciful host...

... But they smell like boomer spirit. As someone who grew up watching the 1968 generation pull the ladder up behind them stopping apprenticeships, old books, real history, and increasing immigration, that stench is familiar.

They are losing badly, but the younger ones see Barak the Kenyan and Trudeau the tyrant as models to emulate.

And yes the boomers are to blame. Most will not repent. They will die in their sin.

I'm far more worried and praying about my kids.

Blogger Robert Browning February 22, 2020 1:02 PM  

Look at the past is an old persons thing. I hope these young people can look to the future, see the beauty of life and live out dreams.

Blogger sammibandit February 22, 2020 1:07 PM  

What do they have to worry about they're going to die anyway? At least that's what they tell us. Now where is my best pleated sham? May as well arrange that meeting with death for them.

Boomers only pay attention to Gen X in order to pass the buck. Go pound sand, Boomers. Gen X is first in line on Day of the Pillow. You'll pay so much attention to them you'll go bloodshot.

Blogger Barefoot Bear February 22, 2020 1:17 PM  

You're assuming Woodstock..

Blogger urthshu February 22, 2020 1:21 PM  

>As far as Obama goes, what's more Boomer than

.... having a staff of former-SDS cadres? I mean we can do this all day

Blogger Watchu talkin bout Willis February 22, 2020 1:21 PM  

It would be great if Boomers would take their cushy retirements and STFU. Not to mention STFU about their cushy retirements.

Blogger Barefoot Bear February 22, 2020 1:25 PM  

You're attempting to redirect blame. Just stop. It's transparent.

Blogger Barefoot Bear February 22, 2020 1:26 PM  

Nice! Kill that fear porn!

Blogger urthshu February 22, 2020 1:29 PM  

>1964. That would make some Boomers four or five years old at Woodstock

Boomers we're all born at Woodstock. Sort of like Athena except with hair and beads

Blogger Newscaper312 February 22, 2020 1:31 PM  

What a euthanasia-worthy moron if not outright liar, as if the rot began with Obama's presidency? WTF

Blogger VFM #7634 February 22, 2020 1:31 PM  

In fact, is Hawaii really an American State, beyond geography?

It's something like one-quarter white American, which is I think the only way it gets away with being a state. By contrast, Puerto Rico can't, because even if it does have the right population size, it has barely any white Americans living there.

But if there ever comes a point where states start to vote to expel other states in the same way Malaysia did to Singapore, Hawaii is a top candidate.

I'd vote to kick it out right now in a heartbeat. Put another way, I have much less reluctance to eighty-six it than even California.

Blogger Newscaper312 February 22, 2020 1:35 PM  

@11
"How dare you. We went to the Moon."

That's always so laughably stupid when said unironically. The overwhelming amount of work that was done for NASA from 59-72 was done by Greatest Generation and the Silents. The too young vast majority of the Boomers just watched it on TV as kids and teens, so "they did it".

Blogger Newscaper312 February 22, 2020 1:38 PM  

That 61-65 border cohort was sometimes called the Tweeners -- def not really Boomers in outlook, but not the Clerks-style GenX slacker archetype either.
I was born in 65 and consider myself Gen-X -- always detested the leftover hippie crap then disco etc, Carter, rejoiced when Reagan elected my sophomore year of high school.

Blogger Dos Voltz February 22, 2020 1:43 PM  

@19 Morrisfactor

You left out the Civil War, which killed Jefferson's declaration that when the government becomes tyrannical, it is our right to "alter or abolish it," so fundamental to American character. States' rights gone. Welcome to BigFed.

And secondly, you left out Eisenhower sending in the 101st Airborne in '57 to enforce Brown v Board of Education. Fucking "learned" judges. This ended "Free Association" for whites in America, and made whites, their culture, their children, their treasuries, real estate, all subject to looting and confiscation. Eventually we got "you didn't build that" Obama, so complete has the program of white guilt and humiliation been.

First states' rights were destroyed, then white rights destroyed. The rest of American history since has been just the slow rot of minorities and women feeding on the corpse of a once great Christian nation.

This pattern has been repeated in every country formerly white and Christian. All because we have been hyper conditioned to be sensitive to the rights of minorities, while denying the same to the majority, heritage Americans. We are taught to believe that the majority population is ALWAYS evil - the new original sin.

BTW, the idea of "The tyranny of the majority" is a false one. There is only the host nation - and the guest.

Boomers disagree with everything I have written here, so fuck 'em.

Blogger Ten41 February 22, 2020 1:52 PM  

Took a quick look at results for Obama (2008, 2012), and came up with the fact that only the Silent and 'Greatest' generations didn't swallow the Koolaid.

How groups voted 2008

How groups voted 2012

Blogger Dan in Georgia February 22, 2020 1:54 PM  

Bathhouse Barry was able to keep his psychopathy er, closeted along with his perversions. They knew in the 90s that Hillary was as unhinged and evil as Hannibal Lecter minus the charm.

Blogger Dan in Georgia February 22, 2020 1:58 PM  

Thanks Snidely, I just read that in Owen’s “I’m a Boomer” voice. It’s like I’ve had a plug-in installed in my brain. How dare you! We went to Woodstock!

Blogger Dwayne Thundergrit February 22, 2020 2:01 PM  

19. Morrisfactor

I think it's because the same sort of people who control the traffic in opium based products and make up the vast majority of the lending class at one time controlled the production of alcohol and made up the majority of the lending class in Poland leading to destruction of society in Poland for all but the Nobilty and their agents.

The reason why generations after the gullible narcissist Judeo-BS fed Boomers feel like they're living in the Pale of the Settlement is because they are.

Blogger nashburg February 22, 2020 2:20 PM  

While Baby Boomers were originally defined by a bump in population, from a cultural and political standpoint, the "Boomer generation" is much narrower. All the heroes and cultural leaders of the Boomer generation were born before 1956: Bob Dylan, Hunter Thompson, the Beatles, Jack Kerouac, Alan Ginsberg, MLK, Malcom X, JFK, Woodward and Bernstein, Bill and Hillary, etc.

I was born in 1961. I don't recall any of my 4-year-old friends being drafted into Vietnam, nor did any of my 8-yr-old friends attend either Woodstock or Kent State two years later during the shootings. I remember my 7th grade teacher trying to have discussions about Watergate, but once we figured out it wasn't about an actual body of water and had everything to do with politicians in D.C. that we didn't know, none of us cared about it at that age.

Hippies, yippies and drugheads were mostly viewed as weirdos and objects of ridicule growing up. We actually did trust people over 30, notably our parents and their adult friends. When the "revolution" was happening, we were too busy playing with Matchbox cars, watching the Monkees, Gilligan's Island and Herbie the Love Bug to notice or "turn on, tune in and drop out." The die had been cast by the time we became adults and we had as little influence as the GenXers that came a few years later.

In fact, by the time my peers and I graduated high school and reached voting age, we helped vote Reagan into office, which shows how attached we were to the culture that is typically ascribed to all Boomers. While Reagan did have flaws, he cannot be characterized as a hippy of the 60s.

Blogger Gulo Gulo February 22, 2020 2:23 PM  

Notice how they will never step aside when it comes to political leadership. If the Silents had been that way the first Boomer wouldn’t have been elected to Kongress until 1995. Instead they’ve been plaguing us with their shit leadership since the early 80’s. And then they will have the gall to lecture GenX for cynicism and lack of political participation. I hate them with white hot passion.

Blogger An Orthodox Christian February 22, 2020 2:24 PM  

Mawwige. Mawwige in NOT what beings us togethew today. Sure, divorce rates are down, but only of those deciding to make that bwessed awwangement. Heard an alpha Marine state that why get hitched just to see half his stuff go away when his bride called it quits. So now they choose cohabitation with a partner rather than making a commitment.

Blogger Gulo Gulo February 22, 2020 2:27 PM  

Clinton was the president who really got their panties wet. He was sooooo coool.. he played the sax.
Obama was just their way of virtue signaling how sooooo not racist they are.
F off Boomer scum!

Blogger elad sputnik February 22, 2020 2:40 PM  

I work with 2 tail end boomers, born '60 and '62. Definitely boomers, but at a slightly lower volume. Still unsettling to hear a grown man whine. I want to tell them that The Catcher in the Rye is NOT an instruction manual but realize that they've probably never read it.

Blogger Dan in Georgia February 22, 2020 2:50 PM  

Damelon Brinn wrote:As far as Obama goes, what's more Boomer than writing a navel-gazing memoir before you've done anything, crapping on your grandparents to score political points, skating through college on connections and handouts, and getting promoted all through your career for diversity's sake?

Obama seems boomerish because he's a marxist and also not an American.

Just wait until Barry flees the country ahead of his treason indictment and uses the "I was never an American Citizen, so I can't have committed treason." defense from his new home in New Zealand.

I will not be surprised, but it will cause millions of jaws to drop.

Blogger Heian-kyo Dreams February 22, 2020 2:53 PM  

Boomer: it's all my parent's fault!!

Also Boomer: it's all my kid's fault!!

Ok, Boomer.

Blogger ZhukovG February 22, 2020 2:59 PM  

@nashburg: That's why I think Strauss and Howe have a more accurate read on the timing of various generations. The increase in birthrate was just a factor among several in the creation of the Boomers.

The artificial extension of that generation's birth dates through 1964 is just an attempt to 'plump' their numbers to claim greater political influence.

Blogger Laconic February 22, 2020 3:02 PM  

Wow , just wow. I'm ready for battle. Where do I sign up

Blogger JAG February 22, 2020 3:20 PM  

ZhukovG wrote:

That said, I don't think Barack Obama fits any particular American generation. Even though he was likely born in Hawaii.


Highly unlikely. Nothing about the Obamas is real. "Michelle" has a penis. Barack was never a US citizen. The children aren't even theirs because two males cannot accomplish the impossible, nor do the kids resemble wither one even remotely. They are the perfect capstone to the boomer era. Totally fake, malignantly narcissistic, and a historic disaster.

Blogger weka February 22, 2020 3:37 PM  

Sadly, he would be one of many. My contempt for USA immigrants is deep, and it may be because the boomertard is strong in them

Blogger Felis Concolor February 22, 2020 3:43 PM  

VFM #7634 wrote:In fact, is Hawaii really an American State, beyond geography?

It's something like one-quarter white American, which is I think the only way it gets away with being a state. By contrast, Puerto Rico can't, because even if it does have the right population size, it has barely any white Americans living there.

But if there ever comes a point where states start to vote to expel other states in the same way Malaysia did to Singapore, Hawaii is a top candidate.

I'd vote to kick it out right now in a heartbeat. Put another way, I have much less reluctance to eighty-six it than even California.


Having been born, raised and spent the better part of 3 decades there, I can vouch for Hawai'i feeling like a nation unto itself in general attitudes around the islands. I managed to leave before the '90s recession, which allowed a much earlier Little Ben to reveal his incompetence by suggesting the state's problems could be cured by raising the GET an additional 0.5%.

It's why Ariyoshi was white-hot pissed off when Reagan allowed Russia's navy to conduct exercises which bracketed the state capitol in the 80s. Yes, Russia's been performing exercises near HI for decades - but Reagan knew how to properly remind the islands of their place in the hierarchy.

Blogger Brett baker February 22, 2020 3:49 PM  

If they WERE in the grave, we wouldn't waste energy hating them.

Blogger Steve Canyon February 22, 2020 4:00 PM  

Don't care when you were born, a fetish for the Beatles automatically makes you a boomer.

Blogger Zeroh Tollrants February 22, 2020 4:01 PM  

No. You're the one who is wrong. Stop trying to mold things as you want them.

Blogger Zeroh Tollrants February 22, 2020 4:07 PM  

Strauss Howe use 1946-1964 as the Boomer timeline.
Basically everyone does because 46 is the 1st year of the postwar Boom.
While people quibble over GenX's end date,65 is standard use of a start date.




Blogger Avalanche February 22, 2020 4:24 PM  

@42 "The too young vast majority of the Boomers just watched it on TV as kids and teens, so "they did it"."

But is that not the lost picture of the actual nationalism we-all hope to rekindle? And the unconscious racial consciousness we need to Make America Great Again?

"We" did it -- because America did it, and we were Americans, and the White males who took us to the moon were Americans -- except they probably faked it. Is that not, to a greater or lesser extent, 'when' we want to return this country to? Moms at home raising 3-5 kids and dad's working a regular 9-5 job that could support them all in pretty darned good situation? Little divorce, very little abortion, no feminism, no socialism, negroes forced to act like they agreed with civilization, a future with hope?

Cynicism is a later thing.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash February 22, 2020 4:43 PM  

Robert Browning wrote:Look at the past is an old persons thing. I hope these young people can look to the future, see the beauty of life and live out dreams.
No, young people, you don't get to learn the wisdom and lessons for 200 previous generations. You don't get to have the traditions of your ancestors. You don't get to have a connections with your roots and your people. Because I have a fetish for youth. Who cares if you're cast adrift watching your nation be destroyed and annihilated? It's MY feelings that are important, not yours.

Seriously, screw you with a cactus, you narcissistic lump of offal.

Blogger Doktor Jeep February 22, 2020 5:09 PM  

Boomer can be just as much rhetoric. For example, the "30 year old boomer" meme is pure genius that illustrates how boomerism is more like a mindset that what cohort one is born in.
Hence this glorious trap laid out: boomers who don't get defensive when their peers are called out for their actions are not acting like bokmers. Those who do, while trying to claim they are not like other boomers, are actually being boomers.
I think Owen was on to something when talking about MK Ultra and music. It's happening to a lot of people. While killing the Malaysian Prime Minister when a certain song plays could be an example, we don't take into account all the lesser measures that are not even measurable. Where music serves as an example, notice how boomers just keep on booming while later generations matured. Also notice how boomer music is all over the radio all of the time. It's as if boomers stay in the mode they were programmed into during their formative years. I see No attempt to do this to genX with 80s music, but most of genX outgrew it.
Those classic rock stations are trying to flip over but will probably start playing old stuff from when millennials were young and programmed and skip genX entirely.

Blogger The Cooler February 22, 2020 5:10 PM  

Look at the past is an old persons thing. I hope these young people can look to the future, see the beauty of life and live out dreams

Observe: the Boomer believes in deracination on principle.

He who does not know, consult with or hold in esteem his past will have both his present and future decided for him, from without.

Only give heed to yourself and keep your soul diligently, so that you do not forget the things which your eyes have seen and they do not depart from your heart all the days of your life; but make them known to your sons and your grandsons.
Deuteronomy 4:9

Blogger fredulent February 22, 2020 5:19 PM  

The late boomer period gets called Generation Jones. There was a documentary about the 70s alternative music scene in Melbourne with this brought up. I remember a dividing line between the 60s and 70s. It seems to correlate a bit with the ending of the Vietnam War.

Blogger Didas Kalos February 22, 2020 5:22 PM  

People from Africa believe he is a Kenyan.

Blogger Homesteader February 22, 2020 5:38 PM  

"I'm spending mu children's inheritance!"

How I loathed that bumper sticker, and the vile mindset it embodied.

I am hell-bent on leaving the biggest incentive trust I can muster.

(Yes- I know- you don't know what it is. You never thought of their inheritance.)

Blogger Student in Blue February 22, 2020 5:46 PM  

The best possible situation - the parents raise up a very large inheritance, because they've had so many kids that they'd need to divide it many times to actually benefit them.

Unfortunately we seem to be running at the exact opposite.

Blogger fredulent February 22, 2020 5:47 PM  

People should see a 1968 movie callwd Wild in the Streets. A rock star becomes president and everyone over 30 is put in camps.

Blogger Clay February 22, 2020 6:01 PM  

Robert Browning wrote:
Look at the past is an old persons thing. I hope these young people can look to the future, see the beauty of life and live out dreams.

No, young people, you don't get to learn the wisdom and lessons for 200 previous generations. You don't get to have the traditions of your ancestors. You don't get to have a connections with your roots and your people. Because I have a fetish for youth. Who cares if you're cast adrift watching your nation be destroyed and annihilated? It's MY feelings that are important, not yours.

Seriously, screw you with a cactus, you narcissistic lump of offal.

Golly gee, Snidely. I don't usually see you being so adamant, unless crossing a troll. But, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Lord knows, I have been guilty of that as well.

Blogger sammibandit February 22, 2020 6:08 PM  

Also notice how boomer music is all over the radio all of the time. It's as if boomers stay in the mode they were programmed into during their formative years. I see No attempt to do this to genX with 80s music, but most of genX outgrew it.

Great insight re: 30-year-old boomer memes. He's a brainlet for good reason. He's out at 6:59 AM to mow the lawn but don't you dare have a cook-out till 9:59 PM. He's got the 5-0 on speed dial.

Re: 80s music. There's 2 genres that perhaps could be folded into one called fash wave on the one hand and cool wave on the other. It's 80s style synth wave set to videos with cool color palattes. It's as much aural as it is a visual sensibility. Whatever your political persuasion there's a derivative form of music to hear brand new that evokes what Zoomers think it was like to listen to new release synth wave. I don't see too many new Queen or Beatles derivatives since My Chemical Romance. Zoomers are crushing and their retro, introspective, and optimistic sensibilities pay homage to a style Boomers couldn't stand when new. Just absolutely savage.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash February 22, 2020 6:14 PM  

Clay wrote:Golly gee, Snidely. I don't usually see you being so adamant
You're not new around here Clay, so I assume you just haven't noticed. I cannot abide smug gamma condescension.
Clay wrote:But, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
No, no they're not. As Catholics used to say when discussing free speech, "Error has no rights."
Some smug Boomer like Robert has the right to my opinion, not his own, because his own opinion is harmful in se, both to him and to society at large.

Blogger urthshu February 22, 2020 6:16 PM  

>The late boomer period gets called Generation Jones. There was a documentary about the 70s alternative music scene in Melbourne with this brought up. I remember a dividing line between the 60s and 70s. It seems to correlate a bit with the ending of the Vietnam War.

That's interesting observation. Jones and early X had Cold War themes not protest music, like Bombs Away by The Police or Dolby's Submarine. They're not played much anymore. It wasn't the draft but nuclear war that occupied their minds.

Blogger bodenlose Schweinerei February 22, 2020 6:17 PM  

That would make some Boomers four or five years old at Woodstock.

No one who performed at Woodstock was a boomer. Once again, for boomers, "witnessing" = "achieving".

How dare you. We went to the Moon.

Apropos of my previous statement: name the boomer Apollo astronaut.

The actual divorce rate is just over 25%, around 20% for first marriages, and just over 10% for first Christian marriages.

And the number of divorces initiated by men is less than 255, and less than 10% if you married a college educated woman.

Look at the past is an old persons thing. I hope these young people can look to the future, see the beauty of life and live out dreams

"Don't look over your shoulder at the fast-approaching disaster I and my ilk have created; do as we did, and pretend to be young and oblivious and self-absorbed FOREVER!"

Blogger Akulkis February 22, 2020 6:22 PM  

@Morrisfactor

And what have Boomers done to reverse course on any of those 5 errors committed by prior generations?

[crickets]

Yeah, I thought so.

Blogger Meng Greenleaf February 22, 2020 6:25 PM  

As OK-Boomers continue to transmogrify into the Heretics they are, Western history will painfully come into focus. Perhaps then the ending to this sad chapter can finally begin?

So, there's that to look forward to.

Blogger Student in Blue February 22, 2020 6:29 PM  

Things like "everyone is entitled to their own opinion" is fine when it's something simple like whether you prefer cheddar or gouda, where it's literally to taste and it only applies to you.

When it's about policy that affects other people, then it's not limited to just you and your own fiefdom, but the other people it affects too.

"Gee man, I prefer being a cannibal and eating other people but that's just my taste and opinion. Don't get all in a huff about me killing and eating other people."

Blogger ScottC February 22, 2020 6:31 PM  

As a millennial, I see more similarities than differences between boomers and gen xers. The biggest difference between millennials and those two groups is that millennials are not nostalgic about the past. No one my age (31) talks about the 2000s like boomers talk about the 50s and 60s, or the way gen xers talk about the 80s as if they were some golden age of culture. If you talk to gen xers about growing up in the 80s, they spew the same wistful nonsense as boomers when they talk about the 60s. Neither of them see anything wrong with the way of life back then. Millennials know something is screwed up, and has been screwed up since their childhood, even if they can't articulate what it is. You won't find many millennials who think life was peachy keen back in 2002...until these darn zoomers grew up and ruined everything.

Blogger Akulkis February 22, 2020 6:31 PM  

Detroit radio station has a financiql program on the weekends, "The Baby Boomer Retirement Show."
It's mostly about maxing out the Social Security bennies, and how to legally defraud Medicare, so as to stick the rest of us with an even bigger mess to clean up. And of course, shifting your investments
Into companies that have moved their production overseas to maximize profits.
I literally turn it off the moment I hear the intro. And my radio otherwise stays on that station all day.

Blogger spacehabitats February 22, 2020 6:36 PM  

Yep, blaming Obama is idiotic. We should be blaming those boomers that started the Federal Reserve and income tax. Oh wait...
I mean the boomers that poisoned American academia with Frankfort School cultural Marxism. Oh wait...
I mean those boomers that infiltrated the U.S. State Department and handed China to Mao Tse Tung on a silver platter. Oh wait...
I mean the boomers that turned Hollywood into a relentless propaganda mill in the 1950's when they were still in grade school. (Slick trick, that.) Oh wait...

I mean the boomers that created the globalist news media monopoly, took us off the gold standard, set the precedent for starting unconstitutional winless undeclared wars, formed the Council on Foreign Relations, started Medicare, the War on Drugs, War on Poverty, no fault divorce, assassinated Kennedy, lied about the Gulf of Tonkin so we could get impaled on punji sticks in Viet Nam and opened the floodgates to 3rd world immigrants with the Immigration Act of 1965 and all this before they could vote or constituted even a fraction of a percent of the voters.

Oh wait...
I know.
"OK Boomer"

Blogger Snidely Whiplash February 22, 2020 6:47 PM  

spacehabitats wrote:Yep, blaming Obama is idiotic. We should be blaming...
This is precisely why young people hate us. This sort of Boomers-did-nothing-wrong Freddie Prinze "Ees no my chob, mang" evasionary bullshit is what has gotten us here.
Own it.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine February 22, 2020 6:48 PM  

"Heard an alpha Marine state that why get hitched just to see half his stuff go away when his bride called it quits. So now they choose cohabitation with a partner rather than making a commitment."

A common sentiment in the military. However, what do you mean by "a commitment"?

This is why it is God who defines marriage, and neither the church nor the state. The church got into the business of thinking it defined what marriage was, and soon after the state got in, wanting a piece of that authority.

The marriage was then redefined as a community ceremony by the church, and a legal contract by the state, unsurprisingly since that is respectively what those two understand and focus on.

Now the ceremony has become largely about money and the woman displaying her social status, and the contract has become about what the woman can take from the man without owing him anything in return.

Of course men with half a brain, little respect for church, and even less for state, are going to say "screw that". Time to go back to what God said about it. Some men will be in legitimate marriages whether or not that is what the church or state wants to call it. If so, good for them.

Blogger SJ February 22, 2020 6:55 PM  

I hate it when I try to explain to them how bad the economy is for us and how skyrocketing asset prices are simply wealth transfers from the young to the old. They shrug and go, well things are really good for me.

Like hey all your grandkids are fked boomer. But things are great for you. I just can't help but hate them

Blogger Meng Greenleaf February 22, 2020 7:20 PM  

justaguy wrote:Just remember the problem is progressives and their ideology.Religion more like.

There must be a pretty good reason why Christians created the rhetoric: Heretic. 

At some point, a thousand+ years ago, someone looked up, looked around, and realized that if he wanted clean water, then the lands needed cleansed of the Heretic/Progressive Cuck. SO that's what they did.

For whatever reason, fluoride, dysgenics, both and/or other reasons, ALL OK-Boomers would fall into the category Heretic. Sure, not all Boomers, but all OK-Boomers.

Now, the question is quite clear: What would our Forefathers suggest we do about it?

Blogger ZhukovG February 22, 2020 7:24 PM  

@ScottC: Millennials definitely have it worse than either the Boomers or GenX. We of GenX got to have 'Morning in America' and partying like its '1999'. We voted for Ronnie and Maggie and thought that would fix it. We won the 'Cold War' not realizing we were losing a much more important war at home.

I'm sorry. We tried, but it wasn't nearly good enough. We will do better and we will see this through to the end.

Ad Victoriam, Deo Vindice, Ave Caesar Trump!

Blogger Damelon Brinn February 22, 2020 7:38 PM  

No one my age (31) talks about the 2000s like boomers talk about the 50s and 60s,

Well, yeah, because the 2000s sucked. Seriously, did anything good happen between Dubya's election and Trump's? Millennials old enough to remember the 90s are nostalgic for that, though.

America in the 50s and early 60s, on the other hand, was a pretty great place to live. There would be nothing wrong with Boomers being nostalgic about it, if they hadn't rejected it and done everything they could to make sure younger generations wouldn't experience it.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd February 22, 2020 7:45 PM  

ScottC wrote:No one my age (31) talks about the 2000s like boomers talk about the 50s and 60s, or the way gen xers talk about the 80s as if they were some golden age of culture.
Things were already seriously screwed up by the '00s. Nothing to long for there. In the '70s, it was better. In the '80s, when I could first drink and vote, it was still better than the '00s.
Good that you younguns know it's all screwed up. The generation behind us can't see it, or doesn't care, but definitely won't do anything about it for us.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd February 22, 2020 8:07 PM  

ZhukovG wrote:I'm sorry. We tried, but it wasn't nearly good enough. We will do better and we will see this through to the end.
Yep. We haven't won yet, but that just means we're not done yet.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash February 22, 2020 8:07 PM  

Ominous Cowherd wrote:In the '70s, it was better.
No. No it wasn't. It really wasn't. 20% prime rate, 12% unemployment, malaise, disco. The 70's sucked start to finish.

Blogger Guitar Man February 22, 2020 8:30 PM  

He was born a few years after my mom and I'm Genx. He's definitely a boomer.

Blogger RMH in StL February 22, 2020 9:03 PM  

I was born in late 63.... can I demand a realignment! Wait, that'd be a boomer thing to demand! Nevermind.

Blogger Student in Blue February 22, 2020 9:04 PM  

Hey, the 2000s gave us All Star by Smash Mouth.

No, wait, that was 1999. Nevermind, nothing worth redeeming from the 00's.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd February 22, 2020 9:05 PM  

I was a kid in the Bush in the '70s, Snidely. I missed all that economy stuff.

Blogger Primus Pilus February 22, 2020 9:18 PM  

ScottC wrote:No one my age (31) talks about the 2000s like boomers talk about the 50s and 60s, or the way gen xers talk about the 80s as if they were some golden age of culture

The reason we Gen Xers are nostalgic about the 80s isn't because we believe it was a "Golden Age" but because it was the last gasp of America before it got "diversified" into the current dystopia, and we remember it clearly, as clearly as we remember Boomers giving the last of it away before our eyes, and telling us how it was worth it for stock prices and new restaurants.

Even though we only lived through the end of it, we (or at least those of us Gen Xers with souls) feel bad you guys never got to experience what America was actually like before it was completely ruined, outside a few rural pockets.

Blogger Ransom Smith February 22, 2020 9:22 PM  

You won't find many millennials who think life was peachy keen back in 2002...until these darn zoomers grew up and ruined everything.
We have the 90s. Up until about 01, things seemed alright and then it was like SHTF all at once and the next decade and a half was a gloom fest.

Blogger S D Joe February 22, 2020 9:23 PM  

It's all your fault, you miserable cowardly failure! snarled the 54-year-old at the 56-year-old.

Blogger Newscaper312 February 22, 2020 9:36 PM  

@65 avalanche
Are you f*cking serious?
Because it was good its ok to ahistorically steal the credit?

Blogger rumpole5 February 22, 2020 10:27 PM  

I am a Boomer, and I have not the slightest desire to live again as we did in the 50s and 60s. An exception would be flying. That is about the only thing that actually was better in the 60s. We couldn't actually do it much because of the expense, but it was much better. Every other form of transportation is better now. Now, I wouldn't mind having my 20 year old body back if that could be arranged - but I would like an off and on switch for the libido installed please. A diminished sex drive is one of the great blessings of later life. It's nice to dismount that stallion and attend to other things once in a while!

Blogger MacD February 22, 2020 10:38 PM  

Neil Armstrong was born in 1930.

Blogger Storm Rhode February 22, 2020 11:12 PM  

I was at the gas station today buying my son a berry slushy. While his mum got a coffee I was looking at the ingredients in the salad dressings. Main ingredient in all of them was soybean oil. That plus the high fructose corn syrup in everything is chemical poison. Gen-X needs to find its voice and use it. Sometimes I think we spend too much time preaching to the choir online instead of converting others to our way of thinking. The boomers are old and on the way out. I don't think you'll get the ones who are asleep to wake up and join the tussle. But the younger generation might make good allies. They've been indoctrinated by media and public education but their energy and ability to reason is worth the effort. It won't happen overnight but over time they see the nonsense.

I think older people are set in their ways and thinking. Its of limited usefulness to try to convince them of the error of their ways from 40 years ago and expect them to try to turn things around.

Blogger Kat February 22, 2020 11:28 PM  

rumpole5 wrote:I am a Boomer, and I have not the slightest desire to live again as we did in the 50s and 60s. An exception would be flying. That is about the only thing that actually was better in the 60s. We couldn't actually do it much because of the expense, but it was much better. Every other form of transportation is better now. Now, I wouldn't mind having my 20 year old body back if that could be arranged - but I would like an off and on switch for the libido installed please. A diminished sex drive is one of the great blessings of later life. It's nice to dismount that stallion and attend to other things once in a while!

I nominate you as thread winner. Go see Sammi for your prize.

Blogger furor kek tonicus ( no need to be racist, Ratchets can Karen better than anybody ) February 22, 2020 11:36 PM  

82. ScottC February 22, 2020 6:31 PM
Neither of them see anything wrong with the way of life back then.



the Latchkey generation sees nothing wrong with the way it was raised?

ok Boomer.

Blogger sammibandit February 23, 2020 1:04 AM  

Things like "everyone is entitled to their own opinion" is fine when it's something simple like whether you prefer cheddar or gouda, where it's literally to taste and it only applies to you.

I agree but there's something I don't grok and I can't quite place it. Where does poor taste become bad policy? If we agree as a commentariate that free speech and free trade and free love are degenerate then it groks that free taste is degenerate. Or not? Idk but am curious to hear thoughts.

Frankfort

... I mean if you want to by all means...

I nominate you as thread winner. Go see Sammi for your prize.

Heh. I could have done without his "muh boomer dick"--agreed. Just ugh. However, he might actually like asphyxiation.

Blogger Akulkis February 23, 2020 2:14 AM  

1961 was nowhere close to being a "baby bust" year. Was it as high a birthrate as 1956? No, but it was still part of the same surge in births starting in 1946 -- it was just the back-side of the curve.

Baby bust years start in 1966, when births FINALLY settled to the WW2/pre-war birth rate, and CONTINUE the downward trend into a trough that doesn't bottom out until after 1970.

Your rationalization basically amounts to this:
"No, your honor, on the time the police officer pulled me over, I was not drunk. Yes, the blood sample drawn at the hospital does indeed show that my blood alcohol level was 0.25 % ...but you should how drunk I was when I left by friend's party -- at that time, it took me what seemed like forever just to get the key into the ignition switch, and I . By the time Officer Pullover found me, I was merely doing donuts over people's lawns in my neighborhood!!!"

Blogger Akulkis February 23, 2020 2:28 AM  

"As a millennial, I see more similarities than differences between boomers and gen xers. The biggest difference between millennials and those two groups is that millennials are not nostalgic about the past. No one my age (31) talks about the 2000s like boomers talk about the 50s and 60s, or the way gen xers talk about the 80s as if they were some golden age of culture."

That's because by the time you were aware of the world beyond the 4 walls of your house, everything had already been beaten with sledgehammers by the boomers and their early policy demands. But things still weren't as bad as they are now, because the boomers hadn't taken the broken pieces and started feeding those pieces into the cultural version of wood-chippers yet.

You're not nostalgiac because there is nothing during the time you've been alive which was even WORTH being nostalgiac for, other than, maybe, some video-game consoles, both plug-in and battery operated hand-helds.

Blogger Akulkis February 23, 2020 2:40 AM  

"Yep, blaming Obama is idiotic. We should be blaming those boomers that started the Federal Reserve and income tax. Oh wait...
I mean the boomers that poisoned American academia with Frankfort School cultural Marxism. Oh wait...
I mean those boomers that infiltrated the U.S. State Department and handed China to Mao Tse Tung on a silver platter. Oh wait...
I mean the boomers that turned Hollywood into a relentless propaganda mill in the 1950's when they were still in grade school. (Slick trick, that.) Oh wait..."

And despite recognizing these problems, in the 4 DECADES that you have controlled the Congress, and 16 YEARS in which you controlled the Congress AND the White House, the Boomers's actions, or even public demands to fix those problems, have been *WHAT*, exactly?

Oh, that's right.

Your generations did such things as moving every single factory possible, including even entire auto assembly plants, to China. And then make sure that all of the productive, wealth-CREATING businesses businesses are staffed as much as possible with Spanish-speaking illegal imports, and THEN you set up a system ("Faith Based Initiative") by which the illegals can get their hands on money passed out in huge block grants to [Religious denomination's name] Family Services, so that they can send money home every week to Mexico and Squatamala and Paraguay and El Salvador (20% of all Salvadorans now live in the US) while being paid under the table at wages which couldn't even support a 20-year old renting the place between his older cousin's couch and the wall, because their rent, groceries, and utility bills are being picked up by these "charities" which are 100% funded by Americans. Meanwhile, there are thousands of American war veterans are on the streets, homeless.

Tell us again how NOTHING is your fault, boomertard.


* No, a retail store doesn't CREATE wealth. Farms and factories do that. Stores merely move wealth around, and interchange it between tangible and intangible forms while siphoning some off from the end-purchaser so that the retailer can afford to eat and keep a roof over his head.

Blogger Akulkis February 23, 2020 2:45 AM  

"No. No it wasn't. It really wasn't. 20% prime rate, 12% unemployment, malaise, disco. The 70's sucked start to finish."

There used to be an ad on TV during the early 1990's, selling a compilation of disco and other 70's shlock music.

AT that time, I had a little riddle that I used to ask people when I met them:

Q: Nixon.
Ford.
Carter.

What's the significance of these?"

A: 3 reasons why "The 70's Preservation Society" is an utterly retarded idea.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine February 23, 2020 3:52 AM  

"Where does poor taste become bad policy?"

It was always bad policy, it's just that poor taste in less important matters importunes less distasteful just desserts.

Sure, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and also chained to the consequences of it. Their souls will fail before truth will.

"However, he might actually like asphyxiation."

He has to try everything once.

Blogger weka February 23, 2020 4:00 AM  

Sammi you ain't a Clinton.

Rumpolr the generation that produced the Clintons is evil and the fact they are still lethal is an indictment upon the current elite.

Who, at least in the USA, tend to be senescent boomers.

Blogger Akulkis February 23, 2020 4:16 AM  

@102

"I am a Boomer, and I have not the slightest desire to live again as we did in the 50s and 60s. An exception would be flying. That is about the only thing that actually was better in the 60s. We couldn't actually do it much because of the expense, but it was much better. Every other form of transportation is better now. [My body is older now than when I was 20 and I'm not entirely fascinated by sex (which of course, Boomers invented) to the point of distraction from important things, like I used to be]"

We're not talking about the state of technology, or your body when you were 20 vs your body at it's current age and run down condition now, you .... WTF is wrong with you?

We're talking about our civilization, and the laws and policies which create, maintain, or destroy it. What in the hell do YOU think these threads are about?

Sorry man, on most subjects, you're fairly rational, but.. WHAT THE HELL? Are you just not even noticing that the current weed you just bought at "the dispensary" has substantially more THC than that stuff you were buying in the 1970s?

Blogger John Henry Eden February 23, 2020 5:44 AM  

Fuck you, Junior.

Blogger urthshu February 23, 2020 7:11 AM  

Early X here. Not nostalgic for the 80s and don't consider it as the last gasp of anything good etc. The 90s were by far superior in every regard. I don't typically have a backwards focus.

Blogger Avalanche February 23, 2020 7:45 AM  

@101 "Are you f*cking serious?
Because it was good its ok to ahistorically steal the credit?"

Jordie? Is that you Jordie? You back from Russia?

You feel that we young Americans were/are in no way a *part* of the American NATION that built good things? The only things we can feel a part of are the exact, specific, and bounded things we were physically and personally a part of? Then, what's a NATION for?

IF your football team wins, is it 'stealing credit' to shout: WE WON!?

Did "we" win WWII or Korea or Viet Nam ? Well, actually, overall, we lost -- but take the popular sentiment as the example of my point.


WE AMERICANS made it to the moon! (Allegedly.) That's not stealing credit, it's rejoicing in the abilities of OUR PEOPLE!

Or do we have to give every single negro a pass for the massive violence his race commits against ours? And there is no coherence and group-action in the jewish banking schemes that ruin our nation? And the nepotism that imports and excuses indian "programmers" who can't write code but sure screw up "our" infrastructure?

They. We. Terms of association and belonging to a GROUP and sharing in the good and bad things that happen to and are done BY our group. NOT stealing!

Blogger Barefoot Bear February 23, 2020 8:21 AM  

I like the two layers of this joke.

Blogger rumpole5 February 23, 2020 8:44 AM  

I assure you that Zoomer dicks (at least those belonging to fit Zoomer men) are just as good ours were in "the day". Our problem was that we did not have access to Game commentators like our host, Roissey

Blogger rumpole5 February 23, 2020 8:46 AM  

...and others, to clue us in to the reality of man/woman relationships.

Blogger Newscaper312 February 23, 2020 8:54 AM  

@102 @105
Rumpoles post is the dumbest post after all, to act like there is some kind of total rewind desired, possible or required. It is beyond retarded to think that the technical progress of the last 50 years or even the last 10 depended in any way on the debt inversion of the economy, destruction of cities and schools in the name of civil rights, or all the other socio-cultural rot in large part intentionally created or accelerated. Hell it was in spite of it.

Faggotry worship and race cucking have not given us improvements in monoclonal antibody cancer treatments, computer hardware, space industry etc. We can safely shitcan drag queen story hour and constant anti-white MSM messaging without having to give up anything of material value.

Binary thinking indeed. I have not been a broad brush reflexive Boomer basher, but the appeal is increasing.

Blogger Damelon Brinn February 23, 2020 9:02 AM  

We have the 90s. Up until about 01, things seemed alright and then it was like SHTF all at once

It really does seem like things went off a cliff then. I'm not a huge fan of the 90s: never cared for grunge, there were the Clintons, and it's when PC got rolling. But there was still a lot of good stuff going on.

I'm fully aware that the rot had been growing under the surface for a long time, for lots of reasons. But around 2000 it went into overdrive. 9/11 is the obvious breaking point, but there's probably more to it than that.

Every other form of transportation is better now.

I'll think of you every time I have to put on my fucking seatbelt to go from one parking lot to the next. You know people used to go for a family drive for *pleasure*, right? Now it's a chore that requires social media and movies to make it bearable for the passengers.

Blogger Akuma February 23, 2020 9:18 AM  


@Storm Rhode
"Main ingredient in all of them was soybean oil. That plus the high fructose corn syrup in everything is chemical poison. Gen-X needs to find its voice and use it. Sometimes I think we spend too much time preaching to the choir online instead of converting others to our way of thinking."

Reading food labels is something only pepole with high IQs can do. Theres not really anything you can do about it either. Most others lack the ability to critically think and actively avoid trying. The only good rhetoric Ive found that works is calling it poison, but that assumes they care about their health. Explaining food stuffs to rabbits is impossible because they can eat poison and still be living. Ive read numerous studies and books on how toxic the modern food supply is and have realized one thing. That is its strictly a highly complex, scientific, medical, and dialetical conversation. Which very few people can follow.

Blogger [Redacted] February 23, 2020 9:24 AM  

It is threads like this that make me glad that Corona-chan is interrupting the medical supply chain. Not only is illicit opiate production getting axed and forcing addicts into withdrawal on the streets, but if it holds out, Boomers are going to be forced to spend all their precious money rebuilding domestic pharmaceutical production from scratch - just to survive an extra decade or so.

Life is wonderful. Truly, Boomers, thank you. Spectacles like this make it all worth it.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd February 23, 2020 9:31 AM  

Akulkis wrote:1961 was nowhere close to being a "baby bust" year. Was it as high a birthrate as 1956? No, but it was still part of the same surge in births starting in 1946 -- it was just the back-side of the curve.
It wasn't the boom that made the Boomers.

Blogger sammibandit February 23, 2020 9:45 AM  

@weka,

Bear in mind it's still before coffee but could you please dumb that down more? Senescent also isn't a word I've heard before now. Always learning here on the blog.

@rumpol5

If you wouldn't have said you were a Boomer I wouldn't have noticed.

Blogger Blunt Force February 23, 2020 9:48 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Blunt Force February 23, 2020 10:16 AM  

It was more about class than generation.

"So if you were rich enough to study art history, you went to Woodstock and made love. If you worked in a garage, you went to Da Nang and made war. "


The Roots of Our Partisan Divide

Blogger kennymac February 23, 2020 10:28 AM  

@restless94110
You’re much too short for this ride

Blogger SirHamster February 23, 2020 11:12 AM  

Newscaper312 wrote:I have not been a broad brush reflexive Boomer basher, but the appeal is increasing.
Being reasonable about the generational differences is a dialectical approach.

Boomers are an emotionally driven generation that reflexively defends anything branded Boomer, so the rhetorical response of reflexively bashing all things Boomer is called for.

Accepting their false pretense they can be persuaded with the right arguments only elevates them in their own eyes.

"That's right, you younger generations have to show proper respect to your elders by Being Reasonable. When you finally come up with a proper Cuckservative argument that doesn't hurt our fee-fees, then maybe we'll consider lending a hand to save civilization. We're waiting."

That's obviously not going to work. Do what you have to do without them, and use the Pillow until they stop twitching.

Blogger Clay February 23, 2020 11:19 AM  

I have really appreciated that this spate of "hate Boomers" posts have seemed to make more commenters more willing to include their age. It helps to put those comments into perspective. I know I have, in the past, misjudged comments, based on my assumptions on the age of the commenter. It does tend to make a difference in how I perceive them. (the comments, that is).

Blogger furor kek tonicus ( no need to be racist, Ratchets can Karen better than anybody ) February 23, 2020 11:21 AM  

112. restless94110 February 23, 2020 2:48 AM
The stupid one is someone usually GenX who believe in arbitrary dates to demarcate the Boomers from GenX.


the people who argue from arbitrary dates claim everybody else is arguing from arbitrary dates.

troll harder, fag.


112. restless94110 February 23, 2020 2:48 AM
but it's easy to see that Obama acted and talked like a GenXer.



yarp.

SDS and WeatherUnderground and the Symbionese Liberation Army and hippies torching the ROTC hall at Kent State, hallmarks of GenX.

hey, something GenX didn't build! i guess Obama was right after all.



118. Avalanche February 23, 2020 7:45 AM
IF your football team wins, is it 'stealing credit' to shout: WE WON!?



did you have anything to do with the football team winning?

no?

then yes, you are stealing credit for something you had nothing to do with.

that's pretty much the same thing as the NASCAR fascination with driver autographs. so you have a picture of you standing next to somebody famous. so what? they don't know you from a stick in the mud and you don't know them. why do you think you're getting some sort of 'shine' from standing next to them for 15 seconds and getting them to say "Hi" to you?

yes, i have been like this since before i was 10. yes, i do realize that people don't appreciate me pointing out this obvious fact.


102. rumpole5 February 22, 2020 10:27 PM
An exception would be flying. That is about the only thing that actually was better in the 60s. We couldn't actually do it much because of the expense, but it was much better. Every other form of transportation is better now.



in point of fact, flying is better today than it was 60 years ago, especially from a technical / safety perspective ( discounting the 737Max ).

except that it's priced even further out the market for Joe Lunchbox than it ever has been before.

Blogger furor kek tonicus ( no need to be racist, Ratchets can Karen better than anybody ) February 23, 2020 12:40 PM  

when i'm talking about flying above, i'm specifically considering the Sport or Private Pilot License activities.

commercial passenger tickets are much less expensive due to deregulation in the 1980s.

Blogger rumpole5 February 23, 2020 1:50 PM  

I'm sorry, I forgot that with some people now one has to include a laughing boy emoji to indicate humor. My last puff of weed was at least 45 years ago, and that was just a gesture of fellowship to my doper probation officer neighbor who lived on the boat in the next slip. As for civilization, life spans world wide are up, poverty rates, cost of electricity, raw materials, and the like, and pollution rates in Western countries, are down. I doubt that many Americans under 30 even know what burning coal smells like.
Physicians can diagnose and treat almost any disease, especially in the young. Every MATERIAL measure is better and cheaper. Whether we go the way of the rat paradise studies and are overwhelmed by sociological poverty is another question.

Blogger Scuzzaman February 23, 2020 1:54 PM  

"I am a Boomer, ..."

"... WTF is wrong with you?"

Umm.

Blogger Mother Country February 23, 2020 1:58 PM  

132 Clay said: I have really appreciated that this spate of "hate Boomers" posts have seemed to make more commenters more willing to include their age.

Aside from being 1) a very effective exercise in rhetoric, and 2) self- IDing sensitive souls for further poking, the 2-minute boomer hate also 3) conveniently ID's commenters by age. And we helped! Yay.

Blogger Silly but True February 23, 2020 2:16 PM  

God made “Boomer dick“ a thing so there’d be a natural mechanism to limit how many younger lives Boomers would be able to destroy in their give lifetimes.

Blogger Akulkis February 23, 2020 3:30 PM  

"It wasn't the boom that made the Boomers."

If those born in the downward slope years of the baby boom had voted in opposition to those on the upward slope years, we wouldn't even be having these discussions.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine February 24, 2020 4:41 AM  

"did you have anything to do with the football team winning?"

Technically, yes, even if not in a major causative role. There's a whole spectrum of degree, and often unspoken boundaries of appropriate behavior in such claims of belonging or responsibility.

Boomers, of course, will abide no boundaries that they didn't draw themselves.

"why do you think you're getting some sort of 'shine' from standing next to them for 15 seconds and getting them to say "Hi" to you?"

It's not about getting an ego boost. It's about feeling what it feels like to be there, and then being able to remember that feeling by looking at the picture. Normal people don't care much what other people think about the picture of them with someone famous, they just show you because they mistakenly think that you'll be able to feel the same way about it that they do. Sentimentality.

"I'm sorry, I forgot that with some people now one has to include a laughing boy emoji to indicate humor... ...As for civilization, life spans world wide are up... ...Every MATERIAL measure is better and cheaper...."

"Just kidding, but seriously."

Cheaper is the only accurate word you said, and in all senses. Cherry picking didn't even find you enough material to avoid bullshit, huh? Lifespans? You don't know that that increase is near entirely due to lowering of infant mortality? How about we adjust for all the infants whose murders were legalized on your watch.

How are these: Per capita debt average. Land or home ownership or ability even to purchase them within less than a decade. Community and family strength, national cohesion. Transferred level of knowledge of general living and traditions from parents. Inheritance value. Filicides.

OK, Boomer. Hope you like cheap ergo foam. I'm sure a decade old model from somewhere will feel like brittle plastic sand in your pores. Remember, you're talking about all the shit you can afford by spending our inheritances. We, on the other hand, have to settle for hand-me-downs, so expect those.

Blogger JamesB.BKK February 24, 2020 5:26 AM  

And what have Boomers done to reverse course on any of those 5 errors committed by prior generations?

Some voted Trump.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd February 24, 2020 9:02 AM  

Akulkis wrote:If those born in the downward slope years of the baby boom had voted in opposition to those on the upward slope years, we wouldn't even be having these discussions.
We tried that - at least I did. Didn't work. Boomer party leaders made sure that it didn't matter who or what we voted for or against.

TINVOWOOT.

Blogger OneWingedShark February 24, 2020 9:26 AM  

SJ wrote:What I hate most about my boomer parents and my boomer in laws is how they compete with their own children. Rather than help us succeed they viewed, and still do view us, as competition.

We're your kids boomers. What happened to the idea of the wise elder?

I think they killed it; by being unwilling to listen and unable to "put themselves in another's shoes" they have effectively killed much of the "wise elder" persona: for how can an elder advise well without listening to the problems presented?

I noticed this with my father who, while not particularly competing with me, was quite willing to lay all blame for the difficulty of finding/retaining a job these past few years. Got fired on your last day of probation with flimsy excuses and a laughably thin "performance evaluation"? Nope, still your fault. Not getting interviews, despite applying far and wide? Nope, still your fault. Getting ghosted after interviews? You must be doing something wrong to not get the job immediately!

Felis Concolor wrote:Okay boomer; you can lecture, harangue, scold and mock us all you want, but know this: your generation's legacy will be a nation's wealth reduced to ashes, scattered over sprawling acres of crumbling McMansions, right next to fields of rotting RVs, all sporting a faded, peeling bumper sticker - and we all know what that bumper sticker says.
The Boomer is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a hedonist, scoundrel, parasite, swindler, locust, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him a Boomer and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”

Snidely Whiplash wrote:"Let' throw out 3500 years of cultural wisdom and tradition! What could possibly go wrong?"
"It's not my fault the civilization is collapsing! It's the kids I ignored. Well, the ones I allowed to survive to birth anyway."

This.
Also worth noting is the unreasonable effectiveness “Okay Boomer” has — the reason this is so triggering is that the sheer dismissiveness, which they rightly earned by refusing to listen to the complaints of successive generations, simply aggravates their underlying narcissism.

Dan in Georgia wrote:One thing I hear from my fellow boomers is that if they acknowledge the future calamity, they shrug their shoulders and say "well, I'm glad I won't be around for that!". It infuriates me worse than the ones who go "don't be ridiculous, that won't happen!" because they know better.

People my age (56) and some older Gen Xers are impossible to communicate with because they have been coasting for years, never having a major disruption like a divorce or illness hit them upside the head. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but I have a fresh respect for Millennials and Zoomers who will see a lot of upheaval in their lives. They will blame us, and rightfully so.

The crash of `08 and subsequent difficulties for Millennials obtaining/keeping work seems to be so utterly alien to Boomers that they cannot comprehend how utterly soul-crushing looking for work is now; the ATSes, the continual ghosting, the multiple interviews (to be followed by ghosting), the "HR can't be bothered to do the work, so enter your Resume's information again"… they honestly think that you can walk up give the hiring-manager a firm handshake and get the job.

Blogger 15 questions for evolutionists February 24, 2020 9:46 AM  

There is data indicating that GenX had the highest rate of sexual promiscuity at least in recent generations: https://psmag.com/social-justice/and-the-prize-for-promiscuity-goes-to-generation-x

Generation Z has less sexual promiscuity than millenials, see: https://www.businessinsider.com/generation-z-sex-alcohol-driving-study-2017-9

My guess is that secular leftists have less children than religious, right-wingers and so this is the biggest reason why sexual promiscuity is dropping.

Blogger OneWingedShark February 24, 2020 10:18 AM  

Gulo Gulo wrote:Notice how they will never step aside […] then they will have the gall to lecture GenX for cynicism and lack of political participation.
Ever notice how when you're disagreeing with them they emotion as invalidating your position "because you're emotional", but whenever you calmly present your case you're dismissed because "if matterd, you'd be passionate"?

Homesteader wrote:"I'm spending my children's inheritance!"
How I loathed that bumper sticker, and the vile mindset it embodied.

It really is quite vile.

spacehabitats wrote:[Lists the seeds planted prior to Boomers]
Yes, we know; it's NOT YOUR FAULT because the seeds were planted before you… despite the fact that you watered and cared for the weeds more than your own children.
Ok, Boomer.

Damelon Brinn wrote:No one my age (31) talks about the 2000s like boomers talk about the 50s and 60s,
Well, yeah, because the 2000s sucked. Seriously, did anything good happen between Dubya's election and Trump's? Millennials old enough to remember the 90s are nostalgic for that, though.

That's because Millennials that remember those times remember the promise of being able to get a good job, being able to have a community… it was before the H1B/cheap-labor-express got racing along at such breakneck speeds.

Primus Pilus wrote:The reason we Gen Xers are nostalgic about the 80s isn't because we believe it was a "Golden Age" but because it was the last gasp of America before it got "diversified" into the current dystopia, and we remember it clearly, as clearly as we remember Boomers giving the last of it away before our eyes, and telling us how it was worth it for stock prices and new restaurants.
This is true. I'm GenX/Millennial cusp, and I vaguely remember the `80s: there was an American culture that wasn't demonized, there were communities, there was optimism you could get a good job and do well… and then, by the time we graduated from the universities, the jobs were going, given to H1Bs and across the impassible walls of ATSes… and everything spiraled to the dystopia we have today, where companies post job-ads requiring 3–10 years experience on entry-level jobs.

Ransom Smith wrote:You won't find many millennials who think life was peachy keen back in 2002…until these darn zoomers grew up and ruined everything.
We have the 90s. Up until about 01, things seemed alright and then it was like SHTF all at once and the next decade and a half was a gloom fest.

This.

Ominous Cowherd wrote:ScottC wrote:No one my age (31) talks about the 2000s like boomers talk about the 50s and 60s, or the way gen xers talk about the 80s as if they were some golden age of culture.
Things were already seriously screwed up by the '00s. Nothing to long for there. In the '70s, it was better. In the '80s, when I could first drink and vote, it was still better than the '00s.
Good that you younguns know it's all screwed up. The generation behind us can't see it, or doesn't care, but definitely won't do anything about it for us.

The Boomers won't listen; when 'youngsters' complain about the terrible job-market (see above), it's dismissed as being lazy/stupid and not knowing to “give a firm handshake”… our fault.

Blogger OneWingedShark February 24, 2020 10:33 AM  

[Redacted] wrote:It is threads like this that make me glad that Corona-chan is interrupting the medical supply chain. Not only is illicit opiate production getting axed and forcing addicts into withdrawal on the streets, but if it holds out, Boomers are going to be forced to spend all their precious money rebuilding domestic pharmaceutical production from scratch - just to survive an extra decade or so.

Life is wonderful. Truly, Boomers, thank you. Spectacles like this make it all worth it.

You know, that is the silver lining… now if only Trump wasn't a pansy when it came to corporations: he could order the borders and ports sealed —no imports/exports until Corona-chan isn't a threat— and let the companies dependent upon China just die… he has the perfect excuse, too: “I've been telling you for the past three years you needed to move manufacturing back to the US; I'm not about to let you destroy the people of the United States due to your idiocy.

SirHamster wrote:Newscaper312 wrote:I have not been a broad brush reflexive Boomer basher, but the appeal is increasing.
Being reasonable about the generational differences is a dialectical approach.

Boomers are an emotionally driven generation that reflexively defends anything branded Boomer, so the rhetorical response of reflexively bashing all things Boomer is called for.

Accepting their false pretense they can be persuaded with the right arguments only elevates them in their own eyes.

"That's right, you younger generations have to show proper respect to your elders by Being Reasonable. When you finally come up with a proper Cuckservative argument that doesn't hurt our fee-fees, then maybe we'll consider lending a hand to save civilization. We're waiting."

That's obviously not going to work. Do what you have to do without them, and use the Pillow until they stop twitching.

This is pretty much true. Boomers will find anything to dismiss being wrong, eg your tone, because they're SPECIAL like that.

Blogger Akulkis February 26, 2020 3:07 AM  

idiocy and greed.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts