ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2019 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Soft biowarfare

It would appear the Chinese have inadvertently discovered how to break the chains of global US hegemony, as both Pat Buchanan and The Saker are both contemplating the same potential consequences of Corona-chan:
Seeing what happened on the carrier Theodore Roosevelt, the coronavirus could have a major impact on U.S. global commitments.

Americans were already coming home from the Middle East, drawing down our 12,000 troops in Afghanistan after a deal with the Taliban, and moving our 5,000 troops in Iraq into fewer bases.

We have disengaged from the Saudi war against the Houthi rebels in Yemen and are drawing down our forces in Syria.

In Libya’s civil war, it is Russians, Turks, Egyptians and Gulf Arabs, not Americans, who are the supporting actors.

American soft power is also in retreat from the world.

Some 10,000 Peace Corps volunteers have been brought home. Scores of thousands of U.S. citizens have been repatriated by the State Department. We have shut the door to Europe, China, the world.

What now becomes of the U.S. geostrategic “pivot,” the shift of planes, troops, ships and bases from the Middle and Near East to the Indo-Pacific theater to contain a rising China?

And contain China with what?

The Roosevelt has been ravaged by the coronavirus. As of Tuesday, 589 cases of COVID-19 were reported from a crew of 4,800. Four thousand sailors in Guam are in various stages of a 14-day isolation period in hotels and spare rooms across the island.

But it is not just the Roosevelt. Every U.S. warship — carriers, cruisers, frigates, destroyers, subs — has cramped quarters conducive to the spread of the coronavirus.

How many of these vessels will soon be doubling as hospital ships?

The same question might also be asked of the U.S. Army and Marine barracks in South Korea, Japan, Australia and Okinawa.

There are allegations that the coronavirus did not originate in the Wuhan “wet market” where bats are sold for food but instead escaped through a horrible blunder in a Chinese bioweapons laboratory a few miles away.

Whatever the truth, the Wuhan virus appears to have become the most effective means of disabling U.S. hard and soft power that we have encountered in many a decade.
The Saker observes that carrier diplomacy is no longer an option when an entire carrier group can be disabled by arranging to infect a single sailor on shore leave.
First, the obvious: USN carriers cannot operate effectively under a bio-attack (a truly weaponized virus would both be much more transmissible than SARS-COV-2 and it would be far more deadly). This also indicates that they would probably do no better under a real chemical warfare attack either.

Considering that in reality USN carriers are a instrument of colonial repression and not ships to be engaged against the USSR (which had real biowarfare capabilities), this makes sense (while most university labs & the like could produce some kind of virus and use it as a weapon, truly weaponized viruses, the kind effectively used in special delivery systems, can only be produced by a limited list of countries). However, in theory, all the formations/units/subunits/ships/aircraft/armor/etc of a military superpower should be trained to operate in case of a nuclear, chemical and biological attack. Clearly, this is not the case with US carriers, most likely because nobody in the USA really expected such an attack, at least not during the Cold War.

For the current situation, however, I think that the lesson is clear: the USN simply does not have an effective capability to operate under NBC attack conditions.

Labels:

106 Comments:

Blogger Boaty Bear April 18, 2020 5:33 AM  

"As of Tuesday, 589 cases of COVID-19 were reported from a crew of 4,800."

Deaths from the sniffles by the end of this of otherwise fit and healthy service personnel?

My bet is zero, or one if you include the hoe who fell down the stairs on her way to an illicit knee trembler

Blogger Lazarus April 18, 2020 5:57 AM  

In another moment I had scrambled up the earthen rampart and stood upon its crest, and the interior of the redoubt was below me. A mighty space it was, with gigantic machines here and there within it, huge mounds of material and strange shelter places. And scattered about it, some in their overturned war-machines, some in the now rigid handling-machines, and a dozen of them stark and silent and laid in a row, were the Martians—dead!—slain by the putrefactive and disease bacteria against which their systems were unprepared; slain as the red weed was being slain; slain, after all man’s devices had failed, by the humblest things that God, in his wisdom, has put upon this earth.

Blogger Brett baker April 18, 2020 5:58 AM  

And the Chicoms may have tested some tac nukes. The 2020s are going to be so fun!

Blogger Kraemer April 18, 2020 6:21 AM  

Yes, but that's irrelevant to the point at hand. We know that the Mexican Beer Flu isn't a proper bioweapon. And look what it did to a Carrier. Now imagine an actual bioweapon that actually offs people.

Blogger VD Bear April 18, 2020 6:41 AM  

“Fit and healthy” Is very generous of you. More likely “tripped across the finish line of lowest acceptable physical standards”

Blogger Balkan Yankee April 18, 2020 6:50 AM  

Soft biowar is an elegant sounding concept, but the Corona-chan does not play favorites. There is no "Front Toward Enemy" when it comes to Covid-19. China has damaged its economic engine, shattered perceptions of its inevitable rise to global hegemony, and united the bulk of American public opinion against it. China has no true friends, only clients, supplicants, and a wary partnership with Putin's Russia. The Ghost of Sun Tzu must be displeased.

Corona-chan has bitch-slapped the entire international system, inflicting the highest of the high and the lowest of the low with the greatest degree of uncertainty this world has seen since the end of the First World War.

The countries that can best maintain their cohesion and overcome the disruptive impact of the virus the fastest are going to be best positioned to exploit the new post-post-Cold War era, whatever that is. The race is on.

Blogger Gettimothy April 18, 2020 6:52 AM  

Great news.

Blogger furor kek tonicus ( no need to be racist, Ratchets can Karen better than anybody ) April 18, 2020 6:55 AM  

1. Boaty Bear April 18, 2020 5:33 AM
Deaths from the sniffles by the end of this of otherwise fit and healthy service personnel?



https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-military-sympt/coronavirus-clue-most-cases-aboard-u-s-aircraft-carrier-are-symptom-free-idUKKCN21Y2GB

"The majority of the positive cases so far are among sailors who are asymptomatic
...
The figure is higher than the 25% to 50% range offered on April 5 by Dr. Anthony Fauci
...
It also claimed the life of a sailor from the Theodore Roosevelt this week. Five other members of the crew are hospitalized.
...
the entire 4,800-member crew of the aircraft carrier - which is about 94% complete
...
Roughly 60 percent of the over 600 sailors who tested positive so far have not shown symptoms of COVID-19"


6 / 48 == 12.5% of population infected in about a month
60% of 600 == 360 infected displaying NO SYMPTOMS whatsoever
5 / 600 == 0.833% hospitalization rate
1 / 600 == 0.1667% fatality rate

*back of hand to forehead*

oh my gosh, whatever shall we do? CoronaChan is so deadly! +99% of sufferers never even bother with hospital care!

Blogger Mathias April 18, 2020 7:06 AM  

Sun Tzu's good book says...

When in a weak position, use stratagem, and offer baits to lure an enemy to an ambush.

What's the over/under of this being a giant put-on?

Shades of the run-up to Pearl Harbor.

Blogger pdwalker April 18, 2020 7:16 AM  

@Boaty Bear, i think you missed the entire point of this post.

you might want to reread it and then contemplate the implications.

Blogger McChuck April 18, 2020 7:22 AM  

Kung Flu rule of sixes:
Only one in six will catch it.
Only one in six of them will become seriously ill.
Only one in six of them will become critically ill.
Only one in six of them will survive.

Blogger Ron Winkleheimer April 18, 2020 7:31 AM  

in theory, all the formations/units/subunits/ships/aircraft/armor/etc of a military superpower should be trained to operate in case of a nuclear, chemical and biological attack. Clearly, this is not the case with US carriers, most likely because nobody in the USA really expected such an attack, at least not during the Cold War.


I was in the army during the cold war and we did train to respond to what was called NBC warfare, Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical. Mostly it was chemical because that was what we could actually do something about. The gas masks issued cannot screen out microbes and the only response to tactical nukes is tactical nukes and trying to not go into contaminated areas. As for biological warfare, the US reserved the right to nuke any state actor that used it against the US.

Blogger Aetherdad April 18, 2020 7:31 AM  

Biosecurity is a thing. There are more livestock in confinement than people in quarantine. The attitudes and discipline of farmers protecting their livestock will be the new human hygiene standard. Shower-in, shower-out. Boot washes. Air exchange. Biosecurity assessments of everyone you plan to engage. Ozone tents and UV to decontaminate incoming packages. Hog farmers repel porcine deltacorona virus through decontamination and habitat immunity, can your family do the same? or your grocery? or the pumps at the gas station? or the military? Eventually, but only after the empty gestures and the banal bravado is met with enough death. Clean hands and a pure heart. Pray for a vaccine.

Blogger Ron Winkleheimer April 18, 2020 7:35 AM  

Here is a link to the US services FM (Field Manual) for NBC warfare dated 2003.

chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/https://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/library/policy/army/fm/3-11-4/fm3-11-4.pdf

Blogger Ron Winkleheimer April 18, 2020 7:47 AM  

During the Cold War defense against biological warfare was a boat load of immunizations when you started boot camp and regular booster shots after that.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan April 18, 2020 7:53 AM  

Besides Boomercons and the Pentagon Profiteers who cares? Since the decades after that criminal H W Bush proclaimed the NWO I have said the American Empire was to last till the grifters implemented a global government dedicated to Healing the World and an unassailable profit margin. If Twitter is any indication then the Learned Elders of Wye are packing their bags and hiring Mandarin/Cantonese translators/tutors.

For entertainment I hope the Wunderwaffe crew shows up to comment, that never ceases to be hilarious.

Blogger Fred April 18, 2020 7:57 AM  

One 41 year old chief dying is not a crisis for the fleet. China's navy is certainly immune to Crozier panic, they have different politics over there, though that seems to be one of major imports right now.

Blogger Jeff Weimer April 18, 2020 7:59 AM  

One sailor from the TR has passed away from the virus.

Blogger Gregory the Tall April 18, 2020 8:27 AM  

So either China accidentally discovered a "soft" way to bring the US military down or they employed their "soft weapon" intentionally.
On the other hand by doing this (accidentally or intentionally) they have opened themselves up to legal consequences like being accused of "crimes against humanity" or debt moratoriums or cancellations by half of the world because of ongoing legal cases regarding economic and physical damages caused by China negligently or intentionally withholding information about the disease from other countries.

Blogger sykes.1 April 18, 2020 8:31 AM  

Buchanan and the Saker are missing an important point. Land bases are much more vulnerable than ships to infection. Living conditions on bases are not much different that those on ships. The troops are in continual close proximity. Moreover, the bases are subject to a continuous flow of people in and out, which makes infection from outside much easier.

It is interesting that there is no comment from the Pentagon PR people regarding the situation of American forces world wide. One imagines that numerous units have been forced to stand down.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd April 18, 2020 8:32 AM  

One thing I think Aesop gets right: keeping germs out is HARD.
I don't think we're going to get 100% of grunts and squids 100% effective on bio-hazard level 4 precautions, and that's what it takes to be sure.

Blogger Damelon Brinn April 18, 2020 8:32 AM  

@10, Getting the point is far less important than showing what a tough guy you are by pooh-poohing something that has other people worried.

Blogger Damelon Brinn April 18, 2020 8:37 AM  

China has damaged its economic engine, shattered perceptions of its inevitable rise to global hegemony, and united the bulk of American public opinion against it.

That's why they and the Wuhan Health Org lied about it to give it a chance to spread. If they'd been honest and travel from China had been shut down sooner, all that bad stuff still would have happened to China, but the rest of the world would have gone on without them.

Blogger Call Me Mort April 18, 2020 8:42 AM  

In his essay "NWO, Globalism and US "Leadership" – RIP," Saker states that "Trump is totally out of touch with reality." If those are your sentiments, read him with relish and devour all his insights. If not, then pay no heed to his America bashing distortions.

Blogger Balkan Yankee April 18, 2020 8:50 AM  

@15: Can confirm! And the mandatory penicillin shots revive such fond memories.

Blogger VD April 18, 2020 8:56 AM  

they have opened themselves up to legal consequences

I very much doubt a sovereign global power like China is concerned about "legal consequences". What court has jurisdiction over a sovereign nation with nukes?

Blogger Ozzie the Dodger April 18, 2020 8:59 AM  

Our “USN carriers are a instrument of colonial repression”? Give me a break, Saker. Also take some grammar lessons.

Blogger Gregory the Tall April 18, 2020 9:00 AM  

@26 What I meant was the US might refuse to honour the one trillion dollars of treasury bonds China allegedly holds. And other countries might follow suit.

Blogger Balkan Yankee April 18, 2020 9:05 AM  

@23: I share that uncharitable perception of China. As do many others.

Blogger Canadian Warlord April 18, 2020 9:10 AM  

I cannot separate the timing of the wu-flu, from what was going on nearby in Hong Kong. Remember, China is internally focused, and Hong Kong was exposed during the resulting hooplah as being not quite a state in terms of disaster readiness.

Cost-benefit analysis, yes it's also a prod at America and the USN.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine April 18, 2020 9:15 AM  

"So either China accidentally discovered a "soft" way to bring the US military down or they employed their "soft weapon" intentionally."

Only because the military is full of pansies, apparently. The reaction far outweighs the effect causing it. This is what happens when people lose not only motivation to fight, but general morale and trust in leadership.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan April 18, 2020 9:18 AM  

China makes for a great adversary, more because they are heavy millstone about the necks of the Left/Globalists and other human scum. But the Cold War level of military security theatre is frankly stupid as hell, little of it has any use going forward.

Anyway Bill Lind is promising a book on a trimmed down DoD that actually is of some use to America.

Blogger Lazarus April 18, 2020 9:37 AM  

furor kek tonicus ( what do you get if you make a honey bear Gen Sec of China? Winnie the Flu ) wrote:oh my gosh, whatever shall we do? CoronaChan is so deadly! +99% of sufferers never even bother with hospital care!



Given that, how will the health authorities explain why they don't follow all these procedures every flu season from now on?

Blogger Bobiojimbo April 18, 2020 9:38 AM  

Remember what happened with all of those collisions from sleep deprivation? Well, combine that with an unusually high percentage of sick onboard, and now the ships are significantly reduced in their fighting capacity.

Blogger VD April 18, 2020 9:40 AM  

Our “USN carriers are a instrument of colonial repression”?

That's exactly what they are. It is no different than the "gunboat diplomacy" of the 19th century. The US has established a military occupation of 70 countries around the world which it maintains through the threat of its air power.

Only a complete idiot who is being wilfully stupid could even attempt to deny that.

You may now begin your hapless "but, but they WANT us there" arguments. But whether a country wants to be occupied or not does not change the fact of its occupation.

Blogger McJibblits April 18, 2020 9:41 AM  

Maybe so, but I'd be willing to bet nearly 100% of the minority sailors are going to be scoring that sweet 100% disability rating off of the horrible ordeal.

Blogger VD April 18, 2020 9:41 AM  

In his essay "NWO, Globalism and US "Leadership" – RIP," Saker states that "Trump is totally out of touch with reality." If those are your sentiments, read him with relish and devour all his insights. If not, then pay no heed to his America bashing distortions.

That's a false and dishonest dichotomy. Don't do it again or you'll be banned for lying. The fact that The Saker is wrong about Trump does not make him wrong about the USA or the Ukraine or anything else, for that matter.

Blogger VD April 18, 2020 9:42 AM  

What I meant was the US might refuse to honour the one trillion dollars of treasury bonds China allegedly holds.

That's going to happen anyway, eventually.

Blogger Ron Winkleheimer April 18, 2020 9:50 AM  

Before the germ theory of disease and modern medicine war planners expected there to be many more deaths from disease among the soldiers than from combat. Nor is biological warfare something new. Diseased animal carcasses and diseased human corpses were hurled into besieged towns using catapults. Of course, considering the sanitation of the time, that only hastened the inevitable onset of some sort of deadly epidemic. As was mentioned above, one dead guy and a few with sniffles does not constitute a crisis. If Saker doesn't know that the US took the possibility of biological warfare seriously in the Cold War then I have to question his ability to analyze the current situation.

Blogger Brick Hardslab April 18, 2020 9:52 AM  

This is effective warfare. I think it was Cochrane at West Hunter that suspected one side or the other used a bioweapon at Stalingrad.

Blogger Ron Winkleheimer April 18, 2020 9:53 AM  

Only a complete idiot who is being wilfully stupid could even attempt to deny that.

I remember back in the 80s when the Philippines tried to kick the US out of their country and close the Air Force base and Navy port there. We totally bombed them back to the stone age and are still there. At least that's how I remember it.

Blogger crazyivan498 April 18, 2020 9:53 AM  

Thank you corna. The gift that keeps on giving.

Blogger Ora Tevzre April 18, 2020 9:59 AM  

Begun, the drone wars have?

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/35/b6/78/35b6782ed2d6a5396ebaaee4f4fafc7d--fitness-motivation-lifting-motivation.jpg

Blogger Fishslinger_Bear April 18, 2020 10:09 AM  

So they assume that positive cases are legitimate. They assume that poistive cases means servicemen are incapable of performing duties or dying. They assume that our carrier groups and other systems are incapable of performing as needed. All assumptions, no facts. Neocons want wars, they want us scared, they need an enemy. Trump called their bluff on Russia, NK, Syria, Turkey, and Iran, and hopefully next... China.

Blogger Doktor Jeep April 18, 2020 10:10 AM  

More than colonial repression.
I think it was Owen who wondered how the Rothchilds could be owed money by a nation that had a military, prisons, agents, etc while the banker family themselves had no such things. Makes as much sense as trying to arrest a cop for speeding. Where are you going to put the cop? Do you have a court?
But one of the patterns that developed over the years is that the standard "Axis of Evil"™ nations, "rogue states", baddies, and other nefarious nabobs all had that feature of saying no to the globohomo banking system.
We're fighting for people who ferry underage prostitutes around in their private jets.

Blogger Chief_Tuscaloosa April 18, 2020 10:13 AM  

Easy fix to the vulnerability of surface ships is more subs. And we could do it cheaply by bringing back diesels. But then you've got problems with integrating women on a mass scale--so this will never happen. Yeah, I know they're bringing women onboard subs, but any officer who notices any problems just eliminated himself for O-6.

Blogger Silly but True April 18, 2020 10:20 AM  

The whole problem here is with Buchanan's worldview:
"Seeing what happened on the carrier Theodore Roosevelt, the coronavirus could have a major impact on U.S. global commitments.

Americans were already coming home from the Middle East, drawing down our 12,000 troops in Afghanistan after a deal with the Taliban, and moving our 5,000 troops in Iraq into fewer bases.

We have disengaged from the Saudi war against the Houthi rebels in Yemen and are drawing down our forces in Syria.

In Libya’s civil war, it is Russians, Turks, Egyptians and Gulf Arabs, not Americans, who are the supporting actors.

American soft power is also in retreat from the world.

Some 10,000 Peace Corps volunteers have been brought home. Scores of thousands of U.S. citizens have been repatriated by the State Department. We have shut the door to Europe, China, the world.

What now becomes of the U.S. geostrategic “pivot,” the shift of planes, troops, ships and bases from the Middle and Near East to the Indo-Pacific theater to contain a rising China?

And contain China with what?"

Our thanks, Pat.

We give the Chinese our thanks.

Only a lunatic would see the withdrawing of our feckless Syria and Libya misadventures, removing ourselves from Yemen's Houthi problem -- since every conman has been blaming the US being responsible for war crimes there anyway -- getting out of Iraq and Afghanistan, reducing the role of Peace Corps, and repatriating thousands of Americans in coming back home as a bad thing.

Blogger Andrew Jackson April 18, 2020 10:21 AM  

Pat Buchanan is a stupid old man.

Blogger Crew April 18, 2020 10:23 AM  

Corona-chan may just have given President Trump the opportunity to withdraw all troops from Afghanistan and other places they should not be.

Blogger Zaklog the Great April 18, 2020 10:24 AM  

If Twitter is any indication then the Learned Elders of Wye are packing their bags and hiring Mandarin/Cantonese translators/tutors.

Yes, it's been grimly amusing watching conservatives puzzle over why our (((media))) is so compliant with China. Gee, why would a group of people who bear no national loyalty to us jump to what they consider the strong horse? But since they steadfastly refuse to acknowledge (((who))) runs CNN, the NYT, etc., they continue in their puzzlement and frustration.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd April 18, 2020 10:26 AM  

VD wrote:What I meant was the US might refuse to honour the one trillion dollars of treasury bonds China allegedly holds.

That's going to happen anyway, eventually.

I'm pretty sure the Chinese knew that from the start, so it probably won't surprise them at all.

Blogger flyingtiger April 18, 2020 10:40 AM  

Disease has always been a problem for fleets throughout history.At the beginning of the Seven years War, a plague broke out in the French fleet. They lost 20,000 personal of all ranks. Many ships could not be manned and had to be left in port. This is why the Royal navy did, and still does a lot of research on disease.
BTW, the Peace Corps still exists? I thought the purpose of that organization was to provide a draft deferment. People who had been members of this organization describe it as one big party. The members rarely go out of the big city.

Blogger VD April 18, 2020 11:15 AM  

I remember back in the 80s when the Philippines tried to kick the US out of their country and close the Air Force base and Navy port there. We totally bombed them back to the stone age and are still there. At least that's how I remember it.

You're an idiot and your rhetoric is dishonest. The US bribes foreign politicians with hundreds of millions of dollars to betray their countries and maintain its military occupations. The Philippines have been trying to get the USA out of their nation since the 1980s, with limited success.

The Philippines notified the United States on Tuesday it would end a major security pact allowing American forces to train in the country, in the most serious threat under President Rodrigo Duterte to their 69-year treaty alliance.... The U.S. Embassy in Manila acknowledged receipt of Manila’s notice and said Washington “will carefully consider how best to move forward to advance our shared interests.”

The U.S. provided more than $550 million in security assistance to the Philippines from 2016 to 2019

Blogger Ransom Smith April 18, 2020 11:16 AM  

Pat Buchanan is a stupid old man.
Imagine saying this, unironically. While using Andrew Jackson as a moniker.
Pat may be old at this point, but he's not stupid.

Blogger Ransom Smith April 18, 2020 11:18 AM  

repatriating thousands of Americans in coming back home as a bad thing.
That isn't what he's saying at all.
If you've read anything Pat has written, he's time and again been against foreign intervention and using the US Navy/Air Force as an imperialistic boot.

Blogger Brett baker April 18, 2020 11:22 AM  

"For entertainment I hope the Wunderwaffe crew shows up to comment, that never ceases to be hilarious."
There is a link to The Saker.

Blogger VFM #7634 April 18, 2020 11:25 AM  

First, the obvious: USN carriers cannot operate effectively under a bio-attack (a truly weaponized virus would both be much more transmissible than SARS-COV-2 and it would be far more deadly).

I honestly don't think any virus could be any worse than SARS-CoV-2, except maybe the Spanish Flu. It's more transmissible than practically anything we know, has a long incubation period, isn't too deadly to burn itself out quickly like Ebola, but is just deadly enough to scare most people into willingly accepting indefinite lockdowns, which I'm sure will eventually cause more deaths than the virus itself due to torpedoing people's livelihoods.

Blogger Jose Miguel April 18, 2020 12:07 PM  

I'm suspecting having a monarch with power is an excellent way to prevent US occupation of one's country. The US strategy of buying off elected officials works from the Philippines to Colombia because leadership is nothing more than renters of power seeking their own individual long-term interest. But how does one bribe someone who owns the power and nation, like the king of Thailand? From what I've read the US rents a port from them to ferry supplies on their way to the Middle East, but have no actual military base or military presence.

Monarchy matches how I've seen boys and men arrange themselves from when I was a kid in the playground to a business start-up to pickup basketball and football as an adult. Teams need a captain and nearly every man recognizes who should be leading in each context. A nation isn't just a family but also a team of men.

Blogger KPKinSunnyPhiladelphia April 18, 2020 1:13 PM  

The main problem with The Saker's and Buchanan's "bug-as-easy-bioweapon" is that people have to get infected FIRST.

For the navy, it's easy. No one gets off the ship in any foreign port, ever. Shore leave is out.

For deployed troops, it's also easy. Put them into quarantine upon arrival. Anybody here actually BEEN to a real army base? They can easily be cut off from the worlds.

Finally, any bioweapon let loose is, by being loose, out of your control. A weapon you can't control isn't a weapon.

Blogger Dr. J April 18, 2020 1:18 PM  

These are the matters that make this situation so difficult to analyze. Who benefits from the COVID?

Globalists - no way, the anti-free trade, anti-movement of peoples sentiment is off the charts. They did at least manage to move their money and benefit from the market crash.

Libtards - maybe. It's been the hysterical woman-like response of people like Minnesota's gay pedo-faced governor to "shut it all down" which has dominated the conversation. This plus the mainstream sky-is-falling headlines and hardcore shaming of anyone who questions the shutdown (you deny SCIENCE heretic!) is what makes me doubt this virus-scare more than anything. Millions on unemployment, businesses purposefully vanished, and the crushing domino effect through the economy that supplies those businesses all fit the Dem playbook.

The God Emperor himself - I sure hope so. Little evidence right now. If the GE triumphs on this we'll only recognize it in hindsight.

Blogger Ron Winkleheimer April 18, 2020 1:40 PM  

The U.S. provided more than $550 million in security assistance to the Philippines from 2016 to 2019

Doesn't this kind of prove my point? You stated:

"The US has established a military occupation of 70 countries around the world which it maintains through the threat of its air power."

I pointed out that when a client state told the US to close two major bases that provided that air power, the US left. So now we give the Phillipines over half a billion dollars over three years and what does the US get out of it? They get to train Phillipine troops and US Special Forces get to run around the Jungle in Mindanao hunting Muslims. I think its stupid to send all that money and troops overseas too. But we ain't in those countries because we are threatening them with air power.

Blogger Hammerli 280 April 18, 2020 1:50 PM  

@12: Yup. I'm old enough to remember when MOPP-4 gear drills were common...and there are still specification requirements to be able to perform maintenance actions while wearing them. Although it's a Grade-A PITA aboard a carrier.

WRT the Theodore Roosevelt, it pays to actually read CAPT Crozier's letter. He flatly stated that if they were in a shooting war, the ship would deploy. Suck up any disease losses and keep fighting. But he did not consider the risk to his crew (which may have been exaggerated, but he had no better information to work with) to be worth the benefits of meeting a peacetime deployment schedule.

I'll add that biological weapons are VERY hard to control. They spread, to countries that were neutral...but not any more. Using biological weapons is a really good way to turn a regional conflict into a global one.

Blogger VD April 18, 2020 2:00 PM  

For the navy, it's easy. No one gets off the ship in any foreign port, ever. Shore leave is out.

They can't even keep women out of the Rangers and Marines. That's not happening. We're not dealing in theory here, but the actual combat force as it exists today.

Blogger VD April 18, 2020 2:06 PM  

But we ain't in those countries because we are threatening them with air power.

The US empire uses trade first, then bribes, then air power, then boots on the ground as a last resort, as it deems necessary. Getting pedantic does not change either the fact of US empire and military occupation or the way it uses various means to maintain its global military hegemony.

You're completely missing the point.

Blogger VD April 18, 2020 2:08 PM  

A weapon you can't control isn't a weapon.

That's simply false. Gas attacks are a weapon. Plague is a weapon. Nuclear fallout is a weapon. It's all about calculated risk.

Blogger Ron Winkleheimer April 18, 2020 2:09 PM  

Using biological weapons is a really good way to turn a regional conflict into a global one.

There were various reasons that the USSR never deployed a biological weapon and I think all of them have been mentioned here in various posts, to summarize.

1) Biological weapons are just as dangerous to your forces as the ones that you intend to target
2) The US reserved the right to respond to a biological attack with a nuclear attack
3) The US was at least as capable of creating and using a biological weapon as the Soviet Union
4) Dispersing biological agents is not nearly as easy as people assume
5) While biological agents can degrade a units combat ability, measures can and will be taken to mitigate the effects

The crisis isn't the Wuhan Virus, the crisis is the response to the pandemic.

Blogger An Orthodox Christian April 18, 2020 2:31 PM  

Would a grassroots BDS work against the CCP?

Blogger Gregory the Tall April 18, 2020 2:45 PM  

Ominous Cowherd wrote:VD wrote:What I meant was the US might refuse to honour the one trillion dollars of treasury bonds China allegedly holds.

That's going to happen anyway, eventually.


I'm pretty sure the Chinese knew that from the start, so it probably won't surprise them at all.


Okay, let us take this one step further: What if 30 countries worldwide refuse to pay back their debt to China because they seek damages for Covid-related negligence. Then China loses not only the money, but also the leverage regarding the collateral, i.e. the threat that they might seize ports, mines, oil fields, infrastructure etc. Just my thoughts ...

Blogger Ska_Boss April 18, 2020 2:51 PM  

So the USA isn't going to be able to play police of the world by parking carriers in foreign waters anymore? Thanks Corona-Chan!

Maybe we can station our servicemen on our own borders for a while...

Blogger crescent wrench April 18, 2020 3:34 PM  

While a valid vector for attack, bio-warfare is not new and is given undue weight when domestic factors unrelated to raw power more clearly dictate the trend:

American populists have spent 2 generations trying to extricate the pipeline from their tax withholdings on every paycheck to adventurism overseas that gains them and their progeny nothing.

This is a unified sentiment from "alt retard" all the way to the wackos of Portland and Seattle.

The more populist America is, the more likely US policy will involve slowly ceding authority to regional powers and accepting their regional tithes don't come close to the trillions it takes to attempt an iron grip.

Blogger Up from the pond April 18, 2020 3:37 PM  

+1

Blogger Gregory the Tall April 18, 2020 3:38 PM  

In the Quantum Mortis Universe one elderly Wardog, his auto-medic built into his exoskeleton pumping him full of vitamin c to kill the cytokine storm, his lungs almost failing in spite of constant hyper-oxidation from the auto-medic would climb over piles of corpses of his fellow-soldiers and unleash all the battleship's nukes onto the enemy capital.

Blogger Up from the pond April 18, 2020 4:17 PM  

>"The reaction far outweighs the effect causing it. This is what happens when people lose not only motivation to fight, but general morale and trust in leadership."

>"We're fighting for people who ferry underage prostitutes around in their private jets."

People want an end to this evil empire and everything about it, including its fake economics and its avalanches of lies about everything. They don't need bowties or charts 'n' graphs; they are rejecting it from a deep place in their souls, like vomit from the stomach. This explains the "Coronavirus hysteria." You can explain to them that crashing the economy will cause them long-term material harm. You can explain that about as many Americans will die in auto accidents this year as from Wu Flu. They don't give a sh**. The beast system will not be killed rationally and cleanly. People are looking for any pretext to say "it's over, the end!" They want an epochal shake-up. They couldn't stand life as it existed before. A bear caught in a trap will gnaw its own foot off to get out. An intolerable situation leads to uncontrollable reactions. The intolerable situation in this case is peoples' being under the rule of plain evil and knowing it.

Blogger Greg Hunt April 18, 2020 4:18 PM  

"otherwise fit and healthy service personnel"

Petty Officer Joe Bob may be fit and healthy. Maybe. Ensign Shaniqua, Seamen Abida and Xalwo, and Commander Lee Fang are neither fit nor healthy. Nor are they American. Nor do they give a shit.

Blogger Artisanal Toad April 18, 2020 4:46 PM  

VD wrote:For the navy, it's easy. No one gets off the ship in any foreign port, ever. Shore leave is out.

They can't even keep women out of the Rangers and Marines. That's not happening. We're not dealing in theory here, but the actual combat force as it exists today.


One thing the US has is a good supply of whores. It wouldn't be difficult to add some whores to each ship, numbers depending on the size of the crew. Using a punch card type of system, every man is guaranteed to get laid on a regular basis. Oops, there goes the "fraternization" issue. The same thing could be done on land for any military base.

Rather than use civilian contractors, make it an MOS and have them enlist as regulars or auxiliaries to get them under the UCMJ.

I could go on and on, but this is a workable solution that solves some problems and eliminates others while not causing any significant problems. This isn't theory, there are historical precedents.

Blogger Zeroh Tollrants April 18, 2020 4:56 PM  

Rando commenters calling Pat Buchanan stupid.

Wtf is wrong with you people?!?
You may disagree with him,but Pat has forgotten more things than you have ever known.

Blogger Zeroh Tollrants April 18, 2020 4:59 PM  

I've been a Rowdy Roddy Duterte fan since Day one.
He's even in my avatar.

Blogger Zeroh Tollrants April 18, 2020 5:01 PM  

My daddy was an Army man, my husband a Marine.
I can see this flowing like lava over a base. Everyone is all over everyone else.
Could they be shut off, yes, I guess, but probably too late to prevent mass spread.

Blogger KPKinSunnyPhiladelphia April 18, 2020 5:47 PM  

VD wrote:A weapon you can't control isn't a weapon.

That's simply false. Gas attacks are a weapon. Plague is a weapon. Nuclear fallout is a weapon. It's all about calculated risk.


It is indeed about calculated risks. But we have used nuclear weapons judiciously, and we could do so today.

No one in Philadelphia is going to be directly affected by a nuclear weapon, and that nuclear weapon only, if it's dropped in, say, Hubei province, with the Wuhan virology lab being ground zero.

Even poison gas, as Saddam Hussein showed, can be quite targeted.

A bioweapon, as we have seen, can circle the globe, and wind up damaging putative allies, if not yourself.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine April 18, 2020 6:13 PM  

"There were various reasons that the USSR never deployed a biological weapon and I think all of them have been mentioned here in various posts, to summarize.

1) Biological weapons are just as dangerous to your forces as the ones that you intend to target
2) The US reserved the right to respond to a biological attack with a nuclear attack
3) The US was at least as capable of creating and using a biological weapon as the Soviet Union
4) Dispersing biological agents is not nearly as easy as people assume
5) While biological agents can degrade a units combat ability, measures can and will be taken to mitigate the effects"


1 is untrue. There are a few different ways, from previous immunity to creative use of multiple bioweapons at once, to genetic targeting, to get around it. 2 you won't necessarily recognize what a biological attack is anymore. 3 doesn't matter in the same cases 2 doesn't. 4 depends on the agent, 1980s agents were hard, future ones don't necessarily have to be. 5 even moderate symptoms with low mortality degrades a unit's combat effectiveness, things can be much worse than that, and see 2 again for "only if they know about it".

TL;DR: It's not the 1980s anymore.

Blogger furor kek tonicus ( no need to be racist, Ratchets can Karen better than anybody ) April 18, 2020 6:21 PM  

anybody who thinks that the Japanese do not consider themselves "occupied" need only watch 'Shin Godzilla' in order to disabuse themselves of their error.

while the US is instrumental in disabling the monster, it's clear from the story that the Japanese fear America more than the monster that we are 'saving' them from.

Blogger VFM #7634 April 18, 2020 7:04 PM  

People want an end to this evil empire and everything about it, including its fake economics and its avalanches of lies about everything. They don't need bowties or charts 'n' graphs; they are rejecting it from a deep place in their souls, like vomit from the stomach. This explains the "Coronavirus hysteria." You can explain to them that crashing the economy will cause them long-term material harm. You can explain that about as many Americans will die in auto accidents this year as from Wu Flu. They don't give a sh**. The beast system will not be killed rationally and cleanly. People are looking for any pretext to say "it's over, the end!" They want an epochal shake-up. They couldn't stand life as it existed before. A bear caught in a trap will gnaw its own foot off to get out. An intolerable situation leads to uncontrollable reactions. The intolerable situation in this case is peoples' being under the rule of plain evil and knowing it.

I have an alternate theory.

The big problem with your thesis is that it's the exact opposite. Those who want the lockdowns in place indefinitely aren't those who are dissatisfied with the system -- they're usually the ones most invested in the system. Namely, liberal Boomers and other progtards.

Coronavirus hysteria may be explained because these people know they've been doing evil all their lives, and they have a great fear and dread of death, far more than many of us realize. It really does explain why support for lockdowns is near-universal among Democrats, while right-wing Republicans, who generally believe in God and see death as less of a problem, are protesting them.

Blogger Dire Badger April 18, 2020 7:06 PM  

Wait, how much of China's food is imported, again?

Last I heard it was something like 81%

Blogger furor kek tonicus ( no need to be racist, Ratchets can Karen better than anybody ) April 18, 2020 7:50 PM  

57. VFM #7634 April 18, 2020 11:25 AM
I honestly don't think any virus could be any worse than SARS-CoV-2, except maybe the Spanish Flu.


smallpox + measles ( and various other Old World diseases ) wiped out something like 90% of American Indians.

so much for the stupid "lethality limits the effective contagion of the virus" argument.


57. VFM #7634 April 18, 2020 11:25 AM
It's more transmissible than practically anything we know,


it's as transmissible as a Common Cold virus
...
because IT IS A COMMON COLD VIRUS.

historically, Corona variants inflict approx 15% of contractions of Common Cold. Rhinoviruses are the large majority, but Corona is the 2nd most frequent cause.

Blogger C Vader April 18, 2020 7:51 PM  

Deus vult

Blogger Hammerli 280 April 18, 2020 9:17 PM  

Were I working on a biological weapon, I'd be thinking of a disabler, not something lethal. Three to five days of a good head cold would significantly cut fighting power...but without corpses stacked like cordwood, nuclear retaliation is off the table.

Blogger VFM #7634 April 18, 2020 9:31 PM  

smallpox + measles ( and various other Old World diseases ) wiped out something like 90% of American Indians.

so much for the stupid "lethality limits the effective contagion of the virus" argument.


I suppose... but to be fair, the American Indians had atrophied immune systems and lacked the current standards of sanitation and hygiene. Nowadays, the only major group in the Western world with both those problems are gay men.

because IT IS A COMMON COLD VIRUS.

historically, Corona variants inflict approx 15% of contractions of Common Cold. Rhinoviruses are the large majority, but Corona is the 2nd most frequent cause.


Fair enough. I even read -- in a reputable muh scientific journal no less -- that those common colds caused by betacoronaviruses appear to confer short-term immunity to this bug, and on the flipside, that SARS-CoV-2 confers long-term immunity to betacoronaviruses.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine April 18, 2020 10:40 PM  

"One thing the US has is a good supply of whores. It wouldn't be difficult to add some whores to each ship, numbers depending on the size of the crew."

Pfft, sorry. Even the Navy Times for what it's worth would disabuse you of the notion that that doesn't already happen. It just has to stay below the table.

The other thing you missed is that this whore situation is retarded from the perspective of both preparation and fighting ability. It solves no problems, it is rather the source and essence of the problems. Your argument is exactly the same as saying "we only have a drug problem because they're not legalized". Yes, I know some imbeciles make that argument. What the actual fuck.

"so much for the stupid "lethality limits the effective contagion of the virus" argument."

He wasn't arguing that it couldn't be more lethal, he was arguing that it hit a weak point in the systems, and that it couldn't be significantly worse from the perspective of our warfighters' combat readiness unless it was much, much, much worse.

As for lethality limiting the contagiousness, tell me, where are they now? Show me a sample of the smallpox and I'll show you an idiot who raided some kind of bio lab, because it's naturally extinct. Measles is effectively restricted to Africa. Meanwhile the cold and the flu go on semi-annual world tours. It's not just an argument dummkopf, it's a line of logic supported by observation.

Blogger Up from the pond April 18, 2020 11:12 PM  

Well, I started from the assumption that the lockdowns are destructive of the U.S. economy and empire. Based on that assumption, the people wanting them want to blow up the empire, consciously or otherwise. But your idea of the deep guiltiness of the Establishment and its fellow travelers is true.

Maybe we're both right: the lockdowners feel they deserve punishment, even death, and hiding behind "we want to save our lives" is merely inversion on their part.

In any case, there is something big and dark moving in the Establishment's psyche that is contributing the overreactions to Wu Flu.

It's striking that so many people fear death from this thing and yet are comparatively sanguine about the annual death tolls from heart disease and auto accidents.

"He that loveth his life shall lose it" seems more pertinent all the time.

Blogger furor kek tonicus ( no need to be racist, Ratchets can Karen better than anybody ) April 19, 2020 1:00 AM  

88. Azure Amaranthine April 18, 2020 10:40 PM
because it's naturally extinct.


*facedesk*

saying smallpox is "naturally" extinct is as reasonable as asserting that the Chernobyl disaster was natural
...
like the Oklo reactor.

smallpox was eradicated by humans deploying vaccinations and practicing severe quarantine. there's not anything "natural" in either of those actions. smallpox is attested to at least as far back as 1000 BC in China and possibly 1500 BC in India.



88. Azure Amaranthine April 18, 2020 10:40 PM
He wasn't arguing that it couldn't be more lethal,


i didn't assert that he had, i was addressing a point i've seen others make here in a passing comment, as smallpox is an absolute refutation of the theory. it thrived just fine in parallel to civilizations all over the Old World for more than 3,000 years ... at the same time that it was killing +20% of all those it infected.

even Europeans who had not been vaccinated to smallpox had a death rate approxing 30% ( the 72 Yugoslav outbreak killed 20% ), it's a vicious disease which does not have it's contagion limited in any way by its lethality.

but there sure are a lot of people losing their minds over Corona, something that's more than an order of magnitude less dangerous than the Hong Kong Flu of 1968.

you all keep pissing your pants though, you're accomplishing great things.

Blogger Akulkis April 19, 2020 4:48 AM  

" This also indicates that they would probably do no better under a real chemical warfare attack either."

Not merely debatable -- entirely wrong.

Chem weapons are primarily an area-denial tool. And they really only work when there's no wind, and your troops have no protective gear, and they're taken by surprise.

Ships operate in the open water, where
1) There is rarely ever "no wind"
2) Putting out chemical weapons along a 30-mile front puts a serious dent in the plans and operations of ground troops. For a carrier group -- one, that's pretty damned difficult. All that needs to be done is for the deck crew to clear the deck and shut the hatches, while the ship steams clear of the cloud. Chem weapons are deactivated by the use of reactive ions. Ocean water is chock full of sodium and chlorine ions. All the deck crew needs to do is go out on deck in their chem gear, get out the hoses, hook them up to the top-side outlet pumps, and hose down the ship. Ship is no decontaminated, and resumes operations. Time out of action is less than 3 hours.

Blogger Akulkis April 19, 2020 5:01 AM  

" China has no true friends, only clients, supplicants, and a wary partnership with Putin's Russia. The Ghost of Sun Tzu must be displeased."

It's a marriage of convenience. The Chinese and the Russians have, historically, hated each other's guts.

Russia's ultimately successful armored warfare and combined arms doctrine was developed by Hero of the Soviet Union, General Georgiy Zhukov, who got his armored warfare experience at the Battles of Kholkhin Gol. That was one of a (countless) number of border incidents with China. The Russians remember the Mongols, and other than razing Kiev, the Mongols were never close to being as heartless as the Chinese.

Blogger Akulkis April 19, 2020 5:04 AM  

"Corona-chan has bitch-slapped the entire international system, inflicting the highest of the high and the lowest of the low with the greatest degree of uncertainty this world has seen since the end of the First World War."

Personally, I'm optimistic.

Most of the deep-state and their financiers have grown to utterly depend on internationalism/globalism. Their organizations and power are going to be MUCH more crimped than those of patriots of every country.

Less international trade means less power and loot for the moneylenders.

Blogger Akulkis April 19, 2020 5:15 AM  

" what was called NBC warfare"

They've changed the name again.

It started as ABC (Atomic, Biological, Chemical), then something else I can't remember, then NBC. Now it's CBRN (casually called"see-burn") for Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (to distinguish between things that just spread radiation vs nuclear bombs).

A couple years ago, I had to pick up some new readiological detectors and the device used to measure them, and attend a class on how to use the upgrade equipment. This was about a year after the Fukashima disaster. Suffice to say, the new radiac equipment is a few orders of magnitude more sensitive than even what we had during the Iraq War.

Blogger Akulkis April 19, 2020 5:23 AM  

"That's why they and the Wuhan Health Org lied about it to give it a chance to spread. If they'd been honest and travel from China had been shut down sooner, all that bad stuff still would have happened to China, but the rest of the world would have gone on without them."

Which is exactly what we predicted here back in January.

Blogger Akulkis April 19, 2020 5:28 AM  

"This is effective warfare. I think it was Cochrane at West Hunter that suspected one side or the other used a bioweapon at Stalingrad."

Interesting thought.

That might be the reason why the Soviet era law prohibiting even RESEARCH into the number of Russian and Soviet casualties and dead at Stalingrad is *STILL* on the books.

Blogger Akulkis April 19, 2020 5:30 AM  

"I remember back in the 80s when the Philippines tried to kick the US out of their country and close the Air Force base and Navy port there. We totally bombed them back to the stone age and are still there. At least that's how I remember it."

Actually, it was Mt. Pinatubo erupting, and then the Phillipine government was BEGGING for the USN and USAF to come back ASAP, travelling backwards being preferable.

Blogger Akulkis April 19, 2020 5:43 AM  

"Would a grassroots BDS work against the CCP?"

Would?

It's GOING TO.

How many U.S. consumers are going to go into Walmart and bring home a bunch of items from Chinese factories?

Here's to Walmart getting solidly butt-stroked to the back of the head by this, since they were the primary instigators for every American consumer product manufacturer shipping their factories off to China, as Walmart flatly declared to ALL consumer goods suppliers that they had 12 months to move their manufacturing to China, and any company that failed to do so would be cut out.

Blogger Akulkis April 19, 2020 5:48 AM  

"One thing the US has is a good supply of whores. It wouldn't be difficult to add some whores to each ship, numbers depending on the size of the crew."

They don't need to "add some whores to each ship," because they already have them.

They're called female crew-members.

Blogger Akulkis April 19, 2020 5:53 AM  

"Wait, how much of China's food is imported, again?

Last I heard it was something like 81%"

Wouldn't surprise me. They've killed so many of their honeybees that in recent years, they have pollinating the flowers on fruit trees by hand.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine April 19, 2020 1:52 PM  

"smallpox was eradicated by humans deploying vaccinations and practicing severe quarantine. there's not anything "natural" in either of those actions. smallpox is attested to at least as far back as 1000 BC in China and possibly 1500 BC in India."

Because "humans are in no way part of nature". Nope, not letting you run with that assertion.

"it was killing +20% of all those it infected."

And you think 20% is high lethality. Sure it's high compared to ~1.5% or less. Compared. Your argument falls apart on both ends. Even if you have one example of something that didn't eradicate itself with a moderate lethality rate, that does nothing to the basic and obvious that a disease that eradicates its supply of hosts eradicates itself as well, and the "supply of hosts" doesn't necessarily mean the entire species that happens to contain some potential hosts.

Your argument is also blind in the opposite direction, in that it is arbitrary. If smallpox's lethality rate were 10% you would also hold that to be high if you were aware of no other disease with higher rates. The same holds for 2%, and so forth.

"it's a vicious disease which does not have it's contagion limited in any way by its lethality."

It's literally gone.

"you all keep pissing your pants though, you're accomplishing great things."

Clearly you're not talking to me, even though you appear to think that you are. In addition, this is irony coming from you. I'm saying the thing is self-limiting. You're saying it's not. Who's pissing their pants here?

Blogger Snidely Whiplash April 19, 2020 2:32 PM  

You are banned andrisf. Stop trying to comment.

Blogger furor kek tonicus ( no need to be racist, Ratchets can Karen better than anybody ) April 19, 2020 7:25 PM  

101. Azure Amaranthine April 19, 2020 1:52 PM
Because "humans are in no way part of nature". Nope, not letting you run with that assertion.


"man made", "natural" and "supernatural" are the 3 distinct categories
...
because men make things with nature that would not occur without our interference.

combustion engines, perfectly natural. according to you.



101. Azure Amaranthine April 19, 2020 1:52 PM
Clearly you're not talking to me



it's sheer genius how you picked up on me using a plural.

but you are the one attempting to argue this, however ineptly.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine April 19, 2020 11:59 PM  

""man made", "natural" and "supernatural" are the 3 distinct categories"

The categories you selected. Counterexample: Natural Physic/Immaterial/Divine.

Under you categorization anything altered by man is arguably man-made. Unfortunately for you that would include all of man's observations of the world. Things that would not occur without our interference? Like what? Give me an example I can't shoot down with a natural analog even in your categorization, good luck, about the closest you'll come is large collections of objects or designs.

We learn to make things by observing the natural world, and because of that everything we make is in imitation of preexisting things. The configurations of these aren't even particularly novel, just fairly abstract in some cases. There's nothing new under the sun.

"it's sheer genius how you picked up on me using a plural."

It's not sheer genius that you fail to recognize that that plural would still include me. I'll make it simple: Try being more specific. Also, how do you intend to explain your wet britches?

You still have to answer as to why you find 20-30% lethality particularly notable. You still need to rebut how a disease can either survive killing all of its potential hosts, or else how all of a species must always be hosts if any of them are. Got an argument, or only sarcasm?

Blogger Azure Amaranthine April 20, 2020 12:05 AM  

combustion engines, perfectly natural. according to you."

Utilization of internal oxidation reactions does occur in nature. So do other types of internal chemical and thermal reactions. A combustion engine is the comparative equivalent of a monkey smacking rocks together and quipping that plants don't do that.

Blogger Boaty Bear April 28, 2020 2:32 AM  

The critiques of my comment, are all correct, my bad, low resolution thinking regarding this post.

I will stand by my death count prediction if that's ok?

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts